Spike's Baby by xappletinix
Summary: He hated her. She despised him. They say opposites attract. Spike and Buffy attended High School in LA. What started off as a hate, hate relationship turned into something so much more. Throw into the mix controlling parents and a pregnancy and trouble is bound to be ensured.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 17911 Read: 12838 Published: 09/18/2007 Updated: 10/23/2007

1. Chapter 1 by xappletinix

2. Chapter 2 by xappletinix

3. Chapter 3 by xappletinix

4. Chapter 4 by xappletinix

5. Chapter 5 by xappletinix

6. Chapter 6 by xappletinix

7. Chapter 7 by xappletinix

8. Chapter 8 by xappletinix

9. Chapter 9 by xappletinix

10. Chapter 10 by xappletinix

Chapter 1 by xappletinix
Author's Notes:
This is my first fic. I hope you enjoy it! the Image is made my Kelly who is incredibly awesome!
Thank you Kelly who saw my story and beta'd it! It was kinda bad before. Now its terrific! New chapter should be up soon!

Chapter 1:

With each dreary step she took her stomach succumbed to another round of nervous jitters. Buffy scrunched up her face and sighed. Turning her gaze away from her impending doom she faced her twin sister who was pulling on her arm. Buffy raised one of her eyebrows and slowed down in defiance.


"Don’t look at me like that. This is your last resort sis, no other school wants to take you in, so get a move on already” Faith said raising her voice as she tugged on her sister’s arm again and pulled her along.


"So if this is my last resort explain to me again what your doing here?" Buffy asked pulling her arm free from her sisters grasp and re-adjusting the strap of her shoulder bag.


"God you can be so stupid sometimes. We moved from LA and the only other school here is a private one.” Faith snorted. “Can you see me getting into a private school B” Faith asked in all seriousness looking down at her clothes. Consisting of tight dark jeans and a tight singlet top, boots covered her feet and dark make up covered her face.


“No…not really” Buffy said smiling, she to looking down at her own clothes. Clothes so similar to her sisters. Buffy wore tight leather pants and a red low cut top.


“Exactly, besides I‘m not leaving you on your own, you‘ll just end up getting into more trouble” Faith climbed the stairs and walked up the main pathway leading to the double doors that lead into their new school.


Buffy stoped at the top of the stairs and stared up at the sign printed on the front of the building in big letters. ‘Sunnydale High’. “Well this should be interesting” Buffy mumbled under her breath as Faith turned around sharply to glare at her.


"Would get that pregnant ass moving already. We don’t have all day.” As soon as Buffy reached her sister she grabbed her arm and started walking towards the double doors.


“You seem just a bit eager to get to school. Are you sick.” Buffy reached out and touched her sisters forehead. “I think we should take you home” Buffy said trying to turn to walk back out the way they had just come.


“I‘m fine. Mum will kill me if I don’t sign you in. Not to mention you don’t want to be in the bad books on your very first day do you.” Faith said raising her eyebrow at Buffy who only just nodded slightly. They had stoped in front of a small map that was screwed into the wall. “Come on the office is this way”


“Well lets just hope it doesn‘t go as bad as the last one did” Buffy said looking down at her stomach. She smiled slightly stroking the small bludge. She was only 4 and a half months along and had only just started to show. Buffy had not always been bad . Though her parents always trying to control her life all the time. She’d had enough and rebelled. She’d been kicked out of all the school’s that would take her in, in La. The last school she was at ‘Hemery High School’ had found out about her pregnancy. More or less the student population had found out about it and things had just gone downhill from there.


People always expected Faith the get in trouble all the time. She certainly had the looks for it. With her long brown locks and dark features she fitted the part. They were twins Buffy and Faith but so different from each other in ways. Buffy was blonde, was once a cheerleader. But as they say once you get a taste of the dark side you don’t want to turn back. Buffy’s taste of the dark side had come in the form of a bleached blonde called Spike.


They’d met at Hemery and had hated each other from day one. He was repulsive and annoying, the pain in her side she couldn’t remove and yet he was intriguing. Strikingly handsome, with those bright blue eyes and high cheekbones. He was a mystery. He was also the father to her unborn baby.


They’d been enemy’s, then friends and then lovers. Ever since she’d met Spike Giles her world had been turned upside down and inside out. He’d showed her things no one ever could. Made her feel things no one else could even comprehend to understand. He’d been kicked out of Hemery 4 months and 3 weeks ago. Then forced to move by none other than her parents and she didn't even know why.


She’d lost the one thing she depended on. Buffy looked down at her stomach and sighed, stroking the buldge again. She had wanted to be with him, wanted to leave with him. She hadn’t told him of the life that now grew within her womb, only finding out after he’d gotten expelled. Her parents had gotten in the way, deciding how her life should be lived. They’d found out about her pregnancy, forbade her to ever speak to him again. They told Spikes parents who also decided it best Buffy didn’t see him anymore. Neither wanted their son’s life ruined by fatherhood. Spike had left, his parents along with him and she hadn’t seen him in 4 months and 3 weeks.


“I would say it’s a pleasure to meet you two but with the records and files I’ve seen it definitely wont be” Buffy was startled out of her dreamlike state she’d been in for the last five minutes by the voice. Looking up she saw a short semi bald man standing in front of her. He reminded her of a rat, with really big ears. Buffy tilted her head to the side to get a better look at the man. Faith stood laughing beside her. He hand covering her mouth.



The door was opened to them as they stepped inside of his office. “I am Principal Snyder. Be warned” He glared at the two girls who had taken up the two chairs situated in front of his desk. Snyder himself stood leaning on his desk in front of them. “This is your last chance, we’re the only school left who will take you in! If I smell smoke I’ll know it’ll be coming from you two.” He looked between Buffy and Faith and leaned forward. “DON’T START ANY FIRE’S! I can expel you faster than you can imagine!” Their was a pause as he looked each in the eye. “Trust me girls, it’s better to finish your year here without having any hiccups. Am I clear?”


“As crystal!” Buffy smiled. Faith’s shoulders bobbing up and down with her muffled laughter. Their was a knock at the door and a timid girl walked into the room. She looked to be about 17 and had bright red hair.


“Ms. Rosenberg here will show you two around the school and take you to your next class.” Neither Buffy nor Faith moved to get up just stared at the rat faced principle. “Get out of my sight!” He exclaimed quickly. They both stood and grabbed their bags.


“Sir yes Sir!” Faith said laughing. Seeing Snyder’s glare she quickly made her way out of the room, Buffy not far behind.


“Are you two the Summers twins?” They heard the red head ask once the door to Snyder’s office had been closed.


“Buffy…” Buffy said raising her hand and smiling.


“Faith…And you would be” Faith nodded in greeting.


“I’m Willow Rosenberg.” Willow smiled flicking a lock of hair from her shoulder as she placed her bag on her back.


“Cruel Parents!” Buffy said.


“What I like my name!” Willow exclaimed her eyes going wide.


“Pfft , not like our names are any better B“ Faith snorted and laughed “Anyway can you show us to the library?” Faith asked pointing down the halls not sure which way the library was.


“Rat man wants us to get these” Buffy held up a list of books. She briefly looked over each title. ‘Gah maths’ she thought and scrunched up her nose.


“Yeah, right this way!” Willow wasn’t quite sure what to make of the twins. She’d heard about them, read a small bit of the file that Mr. Snyder had showed her but yet wasn’t sure that these girls could be the cause of all that. They sure as hell looked rough and who was she to mess with that.


The three girls made their way down the deserted halls of Sunnydale High. Class was in at the moment so the library was empty. Willow pushed the door open and walked in. The musky sent of books hit their noses at once and Buffy let out a sneeze.


“Hey Mr. Giles” Willow smiled seeing the old man leaning over the counter and peering into a book. “I have the two new girls here. They need some books.”


Giles re-adjusted the glasses that sat on the bridge of his nose as he turned. His eye’s went bug wide at seeing the people that stood before him.


“B-Buffy? Faith? W-what are you doing here?” He knew Buffy was pregnant and his eyes immediately flew to her stomach. She was still so small.


The jitters in her stomach had reached maximum. Buffy‘s breath came in short as a wave of nausea fell over her. “Giles……?” Buffy whispered puzzled as her world went black and she fell to the floor.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Ms. Summers, can you hear me?” Buffy could here the distant voice calling to her through the fog. It was like waking up from a deep sleep. Was she asleep?


“Five more minutes, just want to rest some more.” Buffy mumbled trying to slip back into the fog.


“B come on you need to wake up” She heard Faith say accompanied by a shake.


“Mmm, my head hurts! I feel like I’ve been out partying all night. You know when you wake up with that shit feeling in the morning. What happened?” Buffy groaned sitting up with the help of her sister.


“Sis you passed out!” Buffy’s head shot round to faith as a hand went straight to her stomach.


“My baby?” Buffy asked with wide eyes.


“Is fine.” Faith reassured her.


“Giles?” Buffy asked puzzled, seeing Giles as Faith helped her stand.


“Is right here!” Faith said moving hair from Buffy’s face as she helped her into one of the chairs at a nearby desk.


“So that wasn’t a dream then?” Buffy rubbed her temples trying to take in all the information.


“No.” Faith said softly. Buffy slowly raised her head and looked at Giles.


“So Spike is?” Buffy rubbed her elbow. She must have fallen on it when she passed out. She could feel the bruise starting to form.


“He’s here somewhere.” Giles said softly not looking the blonde Summers in the eye.


“I-I can’t see him!” Buffy exclaimed. “I need to go!” Buffy tried to get up from her chair but Faith grabbed her arm and placed her back in the chair.


“B…..I called mom. She’s coming, but you have to wait. The nurse Mrs. O’fally said you shouldn’t get too stressed out or walk to much. You need to be careful because of the baby!” Faith said feeling the worrying vibes flowing from her twin in waves.


“I know, I just….”Buffy stopped in mid sentence as the doors to the library bust open and Joyce walked in. She walked with an air of sophistication, and richness. She held her head high and her face straight. Her face a mask of anger until she saw Buffy sitting on the chair. Her face as white as the walls, she looked so fragile.


“Buffy Summers what did you do now?” Joyce stoped in front of the two girls. “Did you set something on fire?” Giles raised his head at Joyce. Clearly she could see Buffy’s distress. Couldn’t she?.


“Mom shut up” Faith glared at her mother. Who seemed to not care at all “Buffy just passed out. If you even care that is! I mean at least precious Dawn is fine, but god for sake. Buffy passes out and you get called and assume she did something.” Faith was standing looking her mother in the eye as Buffy placed a hand over her stomach to stop the jitters. “Sure she’s been acting up but what do you expect? You and Giles here are keeping her and the love of her life not to mention the father of her unborn child away from each other.” Faith let out a huge sigh. “Whatever. Come on Buffy we’re getting out of here. Lets go to Treys” Faith helped Buffy to her feet and walked out the doors of the library. Joyce followed, leaving a very confused Giles In their wake.


As Buffy climbs into the back seat of the car she gets a glimpse of the platinum blonde hair that she thought she’d never see again. He was standing with a group of people near the car park. A blonde girl was bouncing at his side trying to get his attention.


Faith seeing Buffy’s gaze from outside the car turned to look. Faith eyes grew in recognition and at Buffy’s outburst of tears she frowned and turned to look at her sister who turned her eyes away from Spike.


The blonde had been hugging him and he had smiled down at her. He probably had a new girlfriend and a new life. She really didn’t think of the consequences. Faith hopped in next to her sobbing twin as the car moved. Tires squealing as they made their way out of the parking lot. The bleach blonde who’s eyes had never left the car until it had turned the corner who couldn’t believe what he had just seen.
Chapter 2 by xappletinix
Author's Notes:
Thank you Kelly for all your help! It amazes me what you can do for my story, it excites me when I read it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3793270/1/Spikes_Baby
You can find this story here as well as fanfiction.net
Thank you so much Kelly You made my story into so much more than it

was.
------------------

Joyce pulled the hand break. Turning to look out the window she looked up at the tall house before her. Faith unbuckled her seat belt and climbed out of the car. She turned to give Buffy a hand.


“We‘ll see you later mum” Faith said shutting the back door to the car. Joyce wound down the window as they made their way up the driveway.


“We‘re going to talk about this later” Faith replied a short “Yeah whatever” As she and Buffy made it to the front door. The tires to the car screeching as their mother sped off. Buffy reached to the side of the door and pushed a small button. The jingle of the bell
could be heard from outside.


“Faith? Buffy? What are you two doing here?” Their was a pause as Trey ruffled his hair. “Not that I‘m not happy to see you. It’s just aren’t you supposed to be in your new school?” Looking down at his watch puzzled. It was almost lunch time.

Buffy smiled at seeing a familiar face. Faith and Buffy had met Trey when they were in middle school, Trey had been in the year higher than them. But none the less he had taken an instant liking to them. Faith and him had dated for a brief period of time but decided they were better off as friends.


“Trey shut up and help me get her in the house. She needs to lie down.” Faith grumbled looking at Buffy who was pale and had a sheen of sweat across her forehead, making her hair stick to her face.

Trey turned his gaze towards the blonde twin and his eyes bugged.

Buffy was shivering and her eyes and nose were red and splotchy. It was evident that she had been crying.


“Come on in guys.” Trey opened the front door all the way and stepped aside as Buffy and Faith walked through. “Here you look tired” Trey walked through to the lounge room and pushed the cushions aside, leaving a sizeable gap for Buffy to lie down on.


Faith and Trey both watched as Buffy lay down. Exhaustion soon took over and Buffy’s eyes fluttered closed. Trey placed a blanket over Buffy and pushed the hair from here eyes. Giving her a quick kiss on
the forehead he stood and gave Faith a look. She nodded and followed him into the kitchen.


“So want to tell me why you’re here.” Trey asked handing Faith a can of drink. She sighed and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs. He stood listening as Faith explained what had happened the last couple
of months. He had left LA to finish his last year of high school in Sunnydale. He also decided to continue his education in Sunnydale University. His fist tightened around his can as Faith told him how Joyce and Hank had reacted to Buffy’s pregnancy. He’d always sided
with Faith and Buffy whenever it came to a fight between them and Buffy and Faith’s parents.

Hank and Joyce Summers had three children. Faith and Buffy being twins, and Dawn being the youngest child. Faith had once been the wild child whereas Buffy had been the quite and reserved child. That
is until she had met William “Spike” Giles. Until she had started dating him. Dawn being the youngest she had always been loved and liked more than the twins.


Discovery of Buffy’s pregnancy had sent Joyce and Hank into a new realm of twisted parenthood. They forbade Buffy to ever see him again. Had made sure that the problem had been taken away. Spike had
been expelled from Hemery. Buffy hadn’t ever been the same.

She knew her parents had, had something to do with it and fought back with every thing she had. She struck out and became more violent. Faith feeling her twins pain had stuck by her side.

Defending her sister whenever someone insulted her. Joyce and Hank added it to the list of things that the twins had fucked up. Buffy so distraught and sick of everyone badgering her had burnt down the
gym at the school. Thus resulting in their own expulsion.

“God your parents are so blind” Trey said shaking his head. Faith only nodded through hooded eyes.

“You guys can stay here tonight if you want. Their’s a spare bed upstairs.” Trey threw his now empty can in the bin and walked into the lounge room. They woke Buffy up enough for her to walk up the stairs and fall back down onto the bed. Her eyes closing, sleep once
again engulfing her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Buffy. Come on sleepyhead” Faith placed her hand on her sister’s shoulder and shook .

“Mmm. Go way I‘m comfy” Buffy moaned burrowing down into the warmth the quilts were providing.

“School starts in an hour.” Faith sat back on the bed as Buffy sat up and yawned. “You’ve got to face him sooner or later B” She whispered.

“I know” Buffy’s eyes were welling with tears at the memory of seeing Spike with another girl.

“Good morning ladies, I come bearing breakfast” Trey came walking in. Two plates of toast in his hands.

“Thanks for letting us stay the night.” Buffy said later as she and Faith walked to the front door.

“Anytime you want to come by my door‘s always open” Trey smiled hugging each girl.

“We will see you later but right now Buffy and I have got to school. She’s got to face that boyfriend of hers.” Faith’s smile faltered seeing the tears well in Buffy’s eyes again.

“He‘s not my boyfriend. You saw him too Faith” Buffy whispered her hands stroking her fluttering stomach.

“Hey now. Everything will be alright.” Trey hugged Buffy and walked them to the front pavement. “If not I‘ll have to go have some words with this ‘Spike‘ character.” Buffy smiled and wiped her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey Buffy and Faith.” Willow smiled seeing the two girls walking to their lockers. “How are you doing Buffy?”

“I’m better, stomach‘s feeling a little bit uneasy this morning.” Buffy said placing a hand on her stomach. The school had yet to find out about her pregnancy and she was going to make sure that it stayed that way for as long as possible. “I’m just really stressed.”

“No need to worry the stomach butterfly’s are probably just nerves.”

Faith shot Buffy a look who only just smiled back at Willow. “I can show you two to your first class if you would like”

“That’d be great” Faith exclaimed shutting the door to her locker.

“You two go ahead. I-I’m just going to go to the library and talk to Giles for a bit. I don’t feel like going to class just yet.” Buffy said nervously pointing down the hall towards the double doors where the library lay.

“Are you sure your okay sis?” Faith asked knowing full well her sister wasn’t ok.

“Yeah I‘ll be fine“ Buffy said in reassurance. “I just don’t want to go to class right now.“ A pause. “I’ll be fine.” She nodded.

“Okay. I’ll see you at recess then.” Faith gave her sister a hug and turned to walk down the hall with Willow.

“Love you Faith.” Buffy yelled out smiling.

“You to B. Don’t get into to much trouble.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey Giles.” Buffy said nervously walking through the double doors into the library.

“Buffy, shouldn’t you be in class?” Giles asked turning from the mound of books to face the blonde.

“Yeah. I…I don’t feel like going just now. It’s cramped in the classrooms.” Buffy paused and sat down atop one of the desks near the stairwell. “So many faces looking at you because your new. Judging you.” Their was another pause. Giles came to stand in front
of Buffy. “I couldn’t sit at the desk’s at my old school anymore. They were to small.” She smiled and stroked the round bulge of her stomach.

“How far along are you” Giles asked sitting next to Buffy.

“Almost 5 months” She whispered smiling softly.

“I see. S-so the baby it’s Williams?” Giles asked pulling his glasses of his face and rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Buffy stood up and laughed. She started to walk in front of Giles. Pacing back and forth. “Of course it‘s his.”

“Does he know?” Buffy’s eyes shot up to stare Giles in his own.

“Does he know” She whispered looking down playing with the hem of her shirt. “DOES HE KNOW” She almost shouted. Giles lowered his gaze. “No he doesn’t know. I never got the chance to tell him.” Her
eyes were blurry and tears streaked her face. “My. My parents” Buffy wiped her eyes and rubbed her stomach. It was doing it’s flip flops again making her jumpy.

“I‘m sorry” Giles whispered. He and Jenny hadn’t known the extend to Spike and Buffy’s relationship. The amount in which they had loved each other. But Spikes reaction after they were forced to move and
now seeing Buffy like this. “He misses you, you know.” Buffy just scoffed. Remembering what she had seen yesterday. ‘Sure he does’ She thought.

“Jenny and Drusilla miss you too.” Giles stood placing his glasses once more back on his face. “You should talk to him. He deserves to know.” Buffy’s eyes closed as the tears slid more freely.

Spike was standing inside the library. He had slipped in quietly while they were talking. Buffy hadn’t seen nor heard him come in but Giles had. He was about to interrupt them when Buffy started talking again. She had her back to him.

“I tried you know. Tried so hard” Buffy cried rubbing her stomach trying to sooth the rumbling. “Mum found out. Dad.” Buffy let out a strangled laugh. “He told me to get rid of it. He acted as if it wasn‘t important. Like it wasn‘t real.”

“Buffy I‘m so sorry.” Giles whispered eyes soft as he looked at the young girl before him.

“I saw him yesterday. With another girl. I thought we‘d had something special you know. At least I have something to remember him by” Buffy smiled again looking at her stomach.

“Buffy?” Spike couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Spike?” Buffy said her back going straight. The butterfly’s in her stomach were fluttering at their max.

“Is it really you pet? Or am I dreaming?” Spike asked taking a step further into the room.

“Its really me.” Buffy said slowly turning her body around to face him. Spikes eye’s widened at seeing the small but noticeable roundness to Buffy’s stomach.

“Blondie bear what’s taking you so long.” Harmony burst through the doors. “I send you to get one book and….hello who are you” She said coming to stand next to Spike her hand instantly clinging to his arm.

“I….I’m” Buffy stuttered eyes welling with tears. “I’m gonna be sick” Buffy spun her body finding the nearest bin and vomiting her breakfast into it.
Chapter 3 by xappletinix
Author's Notes:
Thanks so much to Kelly who is doing a tremendous job being my beta! I really appreciate it!
Buffy let out a groan as she struggled to stand, one hand on the wall for support one around her stomach. She wiped the hair and the sweat from her face. Her face was splotchy caked with tears and running makeup.


“Ok that was just beyond gross” Harmony said flicking her blonde hair from her shoulder. “Spikey, baby can we go now”.


“Buffy” She heard Spike whisper behind her right before a hand touched her shoulder.


“Please don’t” Buffy whispered her head looking down at the ground. Her eyes were shut trying to hold back another wave of tears just waiting to spurt forth.


“Pet I‘m” Spike was cut off by Harmony’s annoying voice.


“Spikey, come on their waiting for us” Spike spun around and glared at her. His hand had left Buffy’s shoulder.


“Harm would you shut up for 5 bleeding seconds” He growled. As they were arguing neither saw the small blonde make her way towards the door. She glanced at Giles and saw him smile sadly at her.


“Buff….y” Spike said turning his gaze from Harmony at last, to the space where Buffy had stood moments before. He heard the door’s swinging back and forth and he realised she had left. Spike looked at his father once and seeing his face ran out the doors.


“Spike?” Harmony asked scrunching up her nose.


“Harmony do shut up” Giles said wearily.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy slid down the wall onto the floor. She was rocking back and forth rubbing her hands over her stomach as she cried. She had contemplated running out of the school all together but thought against it when her thoughts came to Faith.


"B. Are you in here?" Faith asked the empty space not seeing anyone in the bathroom. Giles had said it would be the most likely place Buffy would have gone to. She was about to turn and open the door to exit when she heard crying.


"Come on out honey, you'll be fine.” Faith said in a soothing voice as the cubicle door opened and out toppled her sister. “Oh sweetie. What happened” Faith wrapped her arms around her sister.


“I…..He….and her…..a-and” Buffy sobbed, not able to get a full sentence out. Faith stroked Buffy’s hair.


“ I can go beat him up if you think it’d make it better." Faith smiled hearing Buffy’s muffled laugh into her shoulder.


"No... it's ok" Buffy pulled back from her sister and wiped her face. “I‘m sorry I cried all over your shirt”


“Don’t worry about it” Faith smiled in return. “So wanna tell me what happened.” Buffy had made her way over to the sink and was splashing water on her face.


“Not what I expected” She let out a teary laugh.


"So not exactly the prince coming in to save the damsel in distress with the swinging sword and” Faith paused and had a puzzled look on her face. “and the swinging sword.”


Buffy let out a laugh and turned to smile at her sister. No matter what situation they were in she always managed to make her smile. “Yeah something like that. I just didn’t expect him to be with someone else you know."


“Yeah. Stupid blonde tramp” Faith said earning another smile from Buffy.


"I kinda wanted it to be like he never left. Like it was before. I’m pregnant a-and I want him to be a part of that.” Buffy wrapped her arm‘s around herself. “Everything is so messed up. Mum and Dad hate me. And don’t say they don’t because we all know they do” Buffy continued at Faith look. “God they wanted me to get rid of it. My baby for christ sake. It’s a part of me, I can feel it growing inside of me and they wanted to kill it. Murder their own blood. Kill their grandchild. How can someone do that.” Buffy looked down at the tiles of the bathroom floor.


“I don’t know B. Their sick and twisted”


“We found him” Buffy smiled sadly. “And he's with someone else. Everything’s so screwed up.” Buffy looked at her sister with teary eyes. “I don't know if I can do this on my own" Buffy let the tears fall as she slid to the floor sobbing.


Faith sat down next to her sister and wrapped her arm’s around her shoulders. She soothed her sister with a soft calming voice and vowed to herself she would make things better.


*FLASHBACK*


“Class we have a new student” The teacher looked down at the slip of paper in his hands. “He transferred from England. William Giles.” The boy in question glared at the teacher. “Tell us about yourself William.” The teacher said his smile faltering seeing the look William was giving him.


“Names Spike. Not exactly happy to be living in this shit hole of a city.” Spike looked back towards the teacher who was stumped.


“T-that‘s nice. Um….Go-oo s-sit over there next to Buffy” The teacher pointed to a young blonde girl who was scribbling on a blank page in her book.


"Buffy, what kind of name is that?" He muttered taking the seat next to her. Buffy’s head shot up and turned to glare at the blonde sitting next to her.


"At least its better than Spike!" She glared back.


"‘S that right luv. Bet you’d love to know how I got the name wouldn’t you goldilocks” Spike smirked sucking in his cheeks looking her up and down.


“I-I do…do not” Buffy’s face had got beet red. “God your disgusting. Stay on that side of the table bleach boy” Buffy glared moving her chair further away from his.


"Like I’d even waste my time with you.” He shot back. Buffy poked her tongue out at him. “Oh yeah real mature”. From the very first day they’d met they’d fought, bickering back and forth. Anyone who stood on the outside could see the tension building. Could see that it was going to explode soon.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


(Fast forward through time)


"Faith tell bleach boy to piss of. Go annoy people that are not here” Buffy glared at Spike as he smirked and sipped his drink.


"B, I’m not getting into this again. God would you two see the light already and make with the happy’s.” Buffy and Spike’s eyes both went wide. “Don’t give me that look it’s so obvious you like each other."


"I so do…not” Buffy laughed giving Spike a look. He just raised his eyes suggestively and took another sip of his drink smirking at Buffy’s flustered face.


“Whatever. I‘m gonna go have some fun.” Faith smiled watching as a guy across the room winked at her. The music was loud and people danced up against each other. They had been invited to a party and Faith was going to make the most of it. “You two kids have some fun” She said walking away.


"So pet, what are we going to do now.” Spike smiled coming to stand in front of Buffy who was leaning against the wall.


"Um. I-I…..We..” Buffy stuttered looking anywhere but Spike. He had gotten awfully close to her in the last few minutes. She could smell the alcohol and cigarettes coming from him as well as his cologne.


“I can think of a few things” Spike’s whispered voice was next to her ear. Sending a wave of goose bumps over her body.


“Your supposed to hate me. We hate each other. Enemy‘s and all t-that…..Oh boy!” Buffy gasped her eyes going wide as Spike’s tongue and lips started kissing her neck. Buffy let out a shuddering breath closing her eyes as Spike’s voice whispered in her ear again.


“First time I met you.” Their was a pause as he quietly groaned. “God you get so hot when your angry Summers” Spike kissed the lobe of her ear causing Buffy to moan slightly.


“I-I am not hot when I‘m angry.” Buffy said gasping as Spike’s body came to lean into hers, causing both of them to crush into the wall.


“Pet believe me when I say you are” Spike had stoped his assault on her neck and was looking her in the eye. “God your beautiful” Spikes hands were resting on her hips.

“You think I‘m beautiful” Buffy whispered looking up at him through hooded eyes. Spike’s only reply was his mouth crashing down to her, his grip on her waist tightening as he pulled her closer.


“Bout god damn time” Faith mumbled from across the room smiling.


*End FLASHBACK*
Chapter 4 by xappletinix
Author's Notes:
Thanks very very much to my amazing beta Kelly, and all those who took the time to review! It means a bunch to me! Heres the next chapter!
Faith pulled her cell phone out from her jacket pocket and dialled the number that was so familiar to her. ‘Hello’ Buffy could here the voice as she sat next to her sister.


"Trey, can you do me and B the biggest favour?” Their was a pause as Trey answered. “You need to come get us.” Buffy closed her eyes and listened to the muffled voice of Trey from the phone and Faith talking.


She was so tired these days, it would be easy to fall asleep. Her head slumped to the side, resting on Faith’s shoulder. Faith sighed and hung up the phone and looked down towards her half passed out sister. Running a hand through the blonde curls Faith let a smile tug at the corners of her mouth.


The tone of her cell phone buzzed letting Faith know that Trey had arrived. Answering she directed him to the girls bathroom.


“Hey” He smiled softly walking hesitantly into the bathroom.

“Hey.” Faith smiled shifting her position holding Buffy in a sitting position. “Can you carry her for me….She‘s gained a few pounds” Faith laughed pointing at Buffy’s stomach.


“No problem…These babies can handle anything” Trey smiled stroking his biceps. Faith just shook her head and laughed as Trey picked Buffy up.


As they made their way through the school they got numerous looks and glances from people. Faith thought she vaguely heard the principle yell out to her but she didn’t care anymore.


They had made it to the parking lot and were walking in the direction of Trey’s car when someone yelled out.


“Faith!” Faith heard the steps of someone running and turned towards the voice. She frowned seeing it’s owner.


“Buffy!…..Is she ok.? What happened?” Spike asked looking at the slumped form of Buffy in Trey’s arm’s. He ran a hand through his curls, his face a mask of worry.


“She‘s fine” Faith paused. “Just stressed out. Taking to much in at one time. Now..” Faith said turning to open the back seat door of Trey’s car. “Go play nice with you blonde bimbo…and stay the hell away from my sister” Faith growled.


“She‘s not my girl fr..” Spike was cut of by the ringing of Faith’s phone. Trey stood next to Faith after having just laid Buffy in the back seat.


“Hello?” Faith asked wiping a hand across her forehead.


"Young lady you are to get back in that school right now!” Faith cringed back and pulled the phone away from here ear. “How many more schools are you two going to ruin? How many more schools are you going to get expelled from? You two are nothing but fuck ups!" The shrill yelling of her mother’s voice could be heard.


"You know what Mom” Faith yelled into the phone. “I don't give a shit what you say!” Spike had taken a step back, Faith was half but yelling into her phone, obviously to her mother.


“Buffy is the most precious thing in my life, she is the most caring person you could know…..But you have your head shoved to far up your ass to notice! Or is it Dad's ass.“ Faith was pacing back and forth. Spike and Trey shared a look.


“Have you ever just once, sat down with her and talked to her, like you do with Dawn? No that’s your answer. Dawn is the only thing that matters to you!….God you have 3 daughters and you’ve already lost me do you want to lose Buffy too.” Their was a pause. Faith wiped her eyes and the tears that had formed.


“Dawnie, Dawnie, Dawnie. She doesn't screw up like the twins. She doesn’t get expelled, She doesn’t set fire to gym‘s, she doesn’t get pregnant, she doesn’t do anything wrong.” Faith yelled into the phone.


Letting out a wrenched laugh she continued. “You know what the worse part of you is. Mommy.” Faith had the most evil look on her face. Trey stepped closer to Spike.


“When you told Buffy to get rid of the baby. It’s a part of her. It’s part of her life and you wanted her to get rid of it! FUCK YOU MOM! I HATE YOU! STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME, AND STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM BUFFY!” Faith screamed. Taking a breath she continued in a softer tone. “I’ll be by the house later to collect our stuff!"


“What the hell happened after I left?” Spike asked eyebrows raised in concern.


“Can we… Can we not do this now?” Faith asked wiping her eyes meeting Spike’s gaze.

“Yeah” Spike nodded. “You really need to explain to me what the hell is going on” Spike said looking into the backseat where Buffy slept.


“What about your barbie wannabe girlfriend?” Faith asked seeing the look in his eyes.


“She‘s not my girlfriend” Spike said meeting Faith’s gaze again.


“We‘ll talk later. After everything‘s calmed down” Faith softly said making her way around the car to the passenger side at the front.


Spike watched as they pulled out from their parking spot and made their way out the gates and onto the street.


*FLASHBACK*


"Faith how am I going to tell them? I mean they’re so totally gonna flip out!” Buffy paced back and forth in front of her sister. “They’ve already ruined my life. Making Spike leave. I-I didn't even get a chance to say good-bye.” Buffy met her sisters gaze. “Or that I was pregnant..." She whispered looking down at the floor.


Buffy’s shoulders shook as she started to cry. There was a noise at the door and both girl’s eyes widened at seeing who stood there. Faith started cursing as Buffy squeezed her eye’s shut willing Dawn to be a mirage.


“OH MY GOD! So that's what’s going on in here? Your pregnant. Oh mom and dad are going to love this! Little Buffy pregnant! Mom, MOM! Come here!" Dawn shouted yelling down the stairs her gaze never leaving Buffy’s.


"What is it sweetie?" Her eyes turn towards the twins. "Are they bothering you again?"


"No. But you are so going to not love this! Buffy’s pregnant!" Dawn smiled at seeing her mother’s reaction. Joyce’s gaze snapped up to Buffy’s. Her eyes glaring.


"Is this true?" She grits her teeth.


"Yes." Buffy whispered not meeting her mother’s glare.


"I’m going to talk to your father.” She paused. “Go to your room you little tramp. You too Faith go to your room! I can't stand to look at either of you!" Joyce spun on her heel and walked out of the room. Dawn laughed and turned following her mother. Faith looked up at Buffy had leant up against the wall.


Walking into their shared room Faith sat next to Buffy on the bed. "It's okay B. I wont let anything happen to you!" Faith stroked Buffy’s hair as she lay on the bed. The yelling between their parents could be heard which only made Buffy’s tears fall more freely.


Thundering footstep’s could be heard stomping up the stairs. Hank came into the room and marched over to where Buffy and Faith sat. He grabbed Buffy out of Faiths arms and pulled her to stand in front of him.


"Your getting rid of the thing! You can't keep it! You stupid girl" Hank yelled shaking her roughly. Joyce and Dawn stood at the door watching the scene unfold before them.


"I REFUSE to kill my baby! You got rid of Spike and I loved him!” Buffy burst out of Hank’s grasp and stepped back. Her arm’s were on fire were his hands had been moments before. “I Refuse to let you have our child! I hate you! Why can't you just….” Buffy gasped at the hand that slapped her face. It stung like the almighty and tears formed into her eyes.


"You’re having an abortion and that's final!" Hank growled looking at the pathetic form of Buffy on the floor. Joyce stood watching no emotion masked on her face. Dawn however had one of sheer horror.


"NO. I wont do it! You cant make me! Leave me alone! Stop! Please don't do this!” Buffy sobbed at her father grabbed her arm’s and shook her roughly.


“You’re a pathetic excuse for a human. A FUCKING waste of space!” Hank growled standing. “You‘re having an abortion. This conversation is over” He turned and walked out of the room. Joyce followed suit. Buffy slumped back onto the floor and started sobbing.


"God B. It’ll be ok" Faith whispered sitting next to her sister. Dawn hesitantly made her way into the room.


“Buffy…I-I‘m sorry” She whispered tears in her own eyes.


“Get out” Faith said softly not looking at her little sister. She would never forgive her for this.

“I…I” Dawn stuttered looking down at Buffy who was still crying.


“GET OUT!” Faith yelled glaring at Dawn and making her jump. Dawn nodded and silently made her way out of the room. She would find a way to make thing’s better. A way to say sorry for what she had done. She was after all going to be and Aunt.


"They can’t make me have an abortion! I wont let them” Buffy cried looking up at Faith who nodded and smiled softly.


"Nothing’s going to happen” Faith hugged Buffy unsure of what was to come. “I can't believe I am going to be an auntie!" She laughed making Buffy smile.


Dawn had found a way to repay the twins. She’d talked her parent’s into letting Buffy’s pregnancy come to term. She was unsure of what would happen when the baby was born but at least Buffy was aloud to go through the pregnancy.


*END FLASHBACK*


Trey pulled up in his driveway and turned the engine off. Opening the door the backseat he lifted Buffy from the car and carried her into the house and into the room she and Faith had shared.


Faith and Buffy were the two most important people in his life. He wouldn’t have made it through his last year of high school without them rooting him on. They helped him through the bad times. They helped him into college, forcing him to study. They were always there for him, and now it was his turn to be there for them. He smiled at the thought of having them as room mates.


He gently laid the sleeping blonde on the bed and stood to walk out the door. Faith placed a letter next to the bed and followed Trey. The drive over to the Summer’s residence was a quiet one. They silently packed all the boxes that were hers and Buffy’s and ignored the yelling from her mother and father as they placed them in the car.


There weren’t to many boxes to pack, their parents having given Dawn everything. Faith was going to have to get a job soon. She couldn’t rely on her parent’s for anymore money. Buffy was growing everyday and needed bigger clothes. The clothes she owned now having been stretched to their max capacity. Faith had about a grand saved up in the bank but when you think about all the thing’s you need to buy, it wasn't a lot. She sighed sitting in Trey’s car as they pulled away from her old new house. The shit had hit the fan and now it was time to pick up all the pieces.
Chapter 5 by xappletinix
Thanks to my amazing beta Kelly for making my story yet again a masterpiece, and thanks to Kirtsten, Nicki, PhotographyNut, tina, emily, Pam S, and Angi for the reviews! :-D It means alot to me, anywho heres chapter 5 ENJOY!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy groaned as she rolled over. Groggily sitting up she looked around the half lit room through drowsy eyes. It wasn’t the one she had been sleeping in the
last few days. A moment of alarm struck her as she hastily looked around her surrounding’s. She let out the breath she hadn’t realised she’d been holding at
seeing the room she was in was at Trey’s house.


She stood on shaky legs, her body still being half asleep and made her way to the bathroom across the hall. After splashing water on her face and tying her
hair in a loose ponytail at the base of her neck she walked back into the room. Their was a note on the bed, half crumpled indicating she’d slept on it.


B.
Trey and I have an errand to run. Be back in a few.
If you need me call the cell. I love you!
Faith.


Smiling to herself at the messy scribble that was Faiths writing she made her way to the kitchen. She sighed seeing the half empty fridge and patted her
stomach as it gave a hunger rumble. Her eyes brightened seeing the carton of orange juice sitting at the back of the fridge. 'Ooo yummy' She thought watching the liquid fall into her cup. She would have to ask Trey to go shopping for more food later.


"B.” Faith yelled as she heard the front door open. “We’re back." She yelled again.


“Obviously” Buffy gave her sister a ‘Duh’ look as Trey and Faith walked into the kitchen. Their arm’s full of…boxes. Boxes that had their names on them.
Boxes that they had only unpacked a few days ago.


"Um….What are you doing?" Buffy asked confused.


"Huh?” Faith asked placing her box on the bench top. Buffy pointed to the box and sent Faith another look. “Oh….right. Well Mom called.”


“And?” Buffy asked rolling her hand for Faith to continue.


“I‘m getting to it. God. Anyway, I kind of blew up on her and well said we were
moving out! Oh hey juice” Faith smiled seeing the juice carton in the fridge.


“Hey that‘s my juice gimmi that!” Buffy said snatching the carton from Faith. Trey stood back and watched the banter between the two as they fought over a carton of juice.


“I guess it’s a good thing we swung by the grocery store on the way back then” Trey smiled walking back outside to the car to unload it.


“So you and mum fighting. What else is new?” Buffy laughed to herself remembering past fight’s they’d had.


“Yeah well this one was a bad fight. Trey drove me over and we packed our stuff. And now we’re living here.” Faith smiled at Buffy’s wide eyes. “I knew that
you wouldn't mind it, besides Trey offered."


"Trey? We can really stay here?" Buffy asked Trey as he walked in with his arm’s full with grocery bags.


"Of course you can!” He exclaimed lifting the bags onto the bench. “You guys are my two favourite girls” He paused pulling Buffy in for a hug. “And I would
love nothing more than the two of you to be my room mates!" He smiled kissing Buffy lightly on the head.


“Naw. And I love you even more cus you brought me food” Buffy smiled up at him, wrapping her arm’s around his waist and hugging him tight.


"Awwww all this love is making me sick. Stop it. It’s all to mushy for my liking.” Faith smiled sarcasm evident in her voice.


"You know I could just keep Buffy and throw you out. Being part of this house you have to share the love” Trey wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at Faith.
Who just smiled saucily at him in return.


"You wouldn’t do that to me. You love me to much." Faith smiled. Buffy just laughed and shook her head breaking out of Trey’s arms and walking down the hall
to the lounge room.


“Just make with the smooches already. All the flirting is just to..m-much” Buffy stuttered grabbing onto the wall with one hand and her head with the other
as a wave of dizziness took over.


“Buffy?” Trey grabbed hold of Buffy’s arms as she stumbled.


“I‘m fine…Just a bit dizzy” Buffy said as Trey helped her to the couch.


"Here you need to eat something" Faith said her face a mask of concern as she handed Buffy some food.


"Has she been to the doctors recently?" Trey asked his gaze turning to Faith.


"Not recently no." Faith said standing and folding her arm’s over her chest.


"Well I want you to go see my doctor” Trey looked Buffy in the eye and she nodded. “Dr. Burkle. Fred. She’s the greatest.” Trey paused. “I can call her now!”

Faith nodded at him and watched as he made his way over to the phone.


Buffy had finished eating and pulled her leg’s up onto the couch tucking them under her as Faith sat down. Faith smiled as Buffy leant her head on her shoulder. Trey walked back into the lounge room and notified the girls that Buffy’s appointment with Dr. Burkle was the next day.


~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy was extremely nervous. She woke up in the morning with butterfly’s in her stomach , more so now that Faith had told her she was going to go to school.

Trey was taking the day off to accompany her to the appointment.


Faith hadn’t told Buffy but the reason she was going to school instead of the doctors was that she had arranged to meet up with Spike. To tell him what had
happened the last few months after his departure. She wanted to know what had happened to him, where the blonde barbie came into it all.


"Your going to be fine!” Faith smiled as she hopped out of the car in the school parking lot. Buffy looked up with pleading eyes.


"Why can’t you come with me? No offence Trey." Buffy smiled looking at Trey who smiled back.


"Can't, got things to do. I love you. You better get going if you want to get their on time!" Faith said starting to walk backwards away from the car. “They might even give you one of those photos of your kid, so you can show me my new niece or nephew.” Buffy nodded and smiled. “Make sure she gets their safe."

Faith said meeting Trey’s gaze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Buffy Summer‘s”


Buffy looked up as her name was called out. Trey held her hand as they stood and made their way into the doctor’s office. In her hand’s were the form’s they
had made her fill out. She sat in one of the two chairs in front of a desk her hands fiddling nervously with the hem of her shirt.


“Everything‘s going to be fine” Trey reassured just as Dr. Burkle walked through the door a folder in her arm’s.


“Hi. I‘m Dr. Burkle. Call me Fred. What can I do for you today” Fred smiled sweetly coming to sit at her desk.


*MEANWHILE*


"Faith!” Spike looked up from his position at the bench to see Faith walking towards him. “Thanks for meeting with me” Faith only nodded and folded her arm’s
across her chest.


“Look I know what you think….ok, well I don’t know what you think” He continued at Faith’s look. “It’s not true alright. The birds of her bleeding head. Keeps following me around.” Spike stood standing a few feet in front of Faith. “I swear to god that I am not with Harmony.”


"Ok I get it. Just explain to me what the fuck happened.” Faith said moving to sit on the bench top. Spike walked over and sat next to her.


"When we first moved here..” Spike paused and looked down at his hands. “God it was so hard. Buffy was the best thing that ever happened to me you know.” He tilted his head to look at Faith. “I got drunk. Tried to forget everything . I…We met at the bronze. She looked so much like her.” He whispered eyes filling with tears. “We hooked up.”


“Oh God” Faith whispered and Spike’s gaze shot to hers.


“NO!…not like that we just kissed a bit is all.” Faith let her shoulders down and nodded for Spike to continue. “I would never hurt Buffy! Not intentionally.
She’s my world.”

“I know” Faith nodded leaning on her knees. Her feet were bent in front of her.


“I miss her so much. I want to see her so badly. God she probably hates me” Spike whispered tears falling from his eyes. Faith Placed a hand on Spike back
and pat him a few times as he cried.


"She's uh…at the doctors at the moment.” Faith Said after a few minutes. Spike’s eyes widened in alarm.


"Is she ok? The baby?" He asked wiping his eyes.


"Well as far as I can tell you their doing ok. She’s been stressed out the last few days. Ever since she found out actually.” Spike nodded leaning back on he bench top. “Mom and dad wanted her to get rid of it.”


Spike clenched his fists and tightened his jaw at this. Faith noticing his change in demure continued to speak.


“She really does love you, you know!" Faith said smiling, lightening the mood.


“I love her too! I tried…so many times to contact her. Your. Uh. Parents always answered and yeah.” Spike looked down at his hands again. “They really tried

to make her get rid of it?” Spike asked running a shaky hand through his curls.


“Yeah…Pretty fucked up family eh!” Faith let out a half laugh and breath.


“Yeah” Spike whispered. He couldn't believe how anyone would ask their child to get rid of a life.



*Back to BUFFY*


Dr. Burkle applied the jelly substance to Buffy’s stomach making her gasp. Trey let out a soft chuckle.


“It’s cold” Buffy smiled leaning back on the bed Fred had told her to lay on. Buffy was hooked up to a monitor. Trey sat next to her on a chair holding her
hand. Their was a TV screen to Buffy’s right side. Fred started to move the wand over her lower stomach.


“Alright. Here it is. See that right there?” Fred pointed to the black and white screen. "That’s the head right there, and here’s the feet.” Buffy was entranced. The grew blob on the screen was her baby. Fred’s voice blurred out as she watched the screen. Tears formed in her eyes. She smiled as Trey squeezed her hand.


“Do you want to know the sex of the baby?" Dr. Burkle’s voice cut through Buffy’s dream like state.


"No!” Said loudly sitting up. Fred jumped back a little. “Sorry….I just. I want Faith to be here" Buffy said softly looking from Trey to Fred.


"That’s ok. Now I want you to take extra care in the next few day’s. We’ll make another appointment for a few weeks from now.” Fred pressed a few buttons on
a keypad and turned to wipe the jelly substance from Buffy’s stomach.


“Theres’s nothing wrong is there?.” Buffy asked alarmed.


“No everything looks fine. It‘s just.” Fred paused. “Try to take it easy. Stressing yourself like you have been the last couple of day‘s isn‘t good. I‘ll see you in a few weeks” Fred smiled handing Buffy a polaroid printout of her baby.


"Thanks again Fred.” Trey smiled giving Fred a brief hug and leading Buffy out to the front desk. She started down at the picture in front of her, running a finger down the curve of a grew blob.


“Hey!” Buffy exclaimed as someone bumped into her. Trey had walked out the front door to the doctor’s surgery leaving her to follow.


“Sorry” The person replied. Buffy lifted her head at the voice and froze. Blue eyes met green and Buffy stuttered to speak just breathing in gulps of air.
Chapter 6 by xappletinix
Author's Notes:
Thanks to all those wonderful people who reviewed, and thanks to my beta Kelly who is abosolutely amazing!
Buffy couldn’t breathe, couldn’t move. Her lips opened and shut trying to find words that weren’t there. Spike’s blue gaze held her captive. They stood out the front of the doctors, Trey standing a few feet away from Buffy.


"Pet, can we talk?" Spike asked softly taking a step closer to Buffy.


"Um. I-I…I have to go!" Buffy said nervously looking anywhere and at anyone but Spike. She turned and took a step towards Trey.


"No! Not this time.” Spike grabbed her arm. “We have to talk eventually pet. And, and I want to, need to do it now.” Spike looked down at her. Hair all tussled, face flushed. She looked absolutely gorgeous. “Faith and me had ourselves a nice lil chat.” Buffy’s eyes went wide and she sucked in a huge gasp of air. “Nothing bad pet, just had to explain a few things is all. Listen will you come out with me. So we can talk.” Spike asked her with pleading eyes.


"Right now?” Buffy looks down at herself. “I look like crap!” Spike broke out in a huge smile. “I’m pregnant and moody and so not in the mood for this. Just“ Buffy paused. “Go back to your hoe bag” Buffy whispered looking Spike in the eye. Her own eyes holding her tears at bay. Spike sent Buffy a pleading look with his eyes and she scrunched up her face as her fission went blurry.


"Luv are you okay?" Spike asked seeing the face’s she was making. Buffy sat down on the concrete garden next to the sign that indicated it was the doctors surgery.


"I am not. your love.” She whispers. Trey walked over to the couple and places his hand on Buffy’s. “Just go away!. Please. I…I just want to be left alone." Buffy sighs turning her head to face Spike.


"Buffy. Pet. Please just give me a chance to explain." Spike says running a hand through his hair.


"Fine, you've got five minutes!" Buffy exclaims after a few minutes of silence. Trey had sat down next to Buffy on the concrete stones as Spike paced back and forth between them. A glimmer of hope sparks through his eyes as he starts.


"The girl you saw me with. She’s-she isn't my girlfriend luv.” Buffy meets his gaze and nods for him to continue. “After I got kicked out and we had to move. I tried to contact you” He paused and talked softer. “So many times I tried.” Buffy’s eyes welled with tears. “But. Your parents had other ideas I guess. They always answered.” Trey squeezed Buffy’s hand giving her his support. “When I couldn't get a hold of you. When I thought I’d lost you. I uh, I started drinking a lot.” Buffy gave him a glare and he shrugged. “One night I was at the bronze, totally off my face. Which is no excuse. But she looked so much like you.” Spike said in a dreary voice his own eyes tearing up. “I-I kissed her.” Buffy looked down at the pavement not meeting his gaze. “I realized she wasn’t you! I left. That's all that happened I swear!” Spike sat down on the other side of Buffy and placed a hand on her thigh. “Bloody bint won’t leave me alone.” Buffy let out a laugh and turned to meet his gaze.


“I love you Buffy!" Spike whispered as he cupped Buffy’s cheek and wiped a stray tear that had fallen from her eye onto her cheek. The shrill shrieking of Harmony was heard and Spike let out a groan and slumped a head on Buffy’s shoulder.


“God kill me now” He whispered causing Buffy to laugh.


"Blondie Bear?” Harmony struts over and removes her glasses from her face. “Why aren't you in school?” She folded her arms over her chest and sent Buffy a glare. “I missed you, and what are you doing with that pregnant freak?" She sent Buffy another glare.


"I was just leaving..." Spike’s hand than had come to rest on her thigh tightened. Buffy sent Spike a soft teary smile before she stood. On shaky legs Trey helped guide her to the car. Watching out the window as they drove past, Spike and Harmony arguing. She was so confused, not knowing whether or not to believe Spike. She closed her eyes and sighed.


"Come on let's get you home and into bed. You should be relaxing remember?" Trey smiles casting a quick glance away from the road to Buffy.


"Yes doctor!" Buffy laughs.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Faith we're home!” Trey yelled out as he and Buffy entered the house. “Come help me!" He yelled as Faith rounded the corner and came into the hallways. She laughed seeing the sight before her.


“I‘m not made of china!” Buffy smacked Trey’s chest. “Put me down!” Trey only chuckled and continued to carry Buffy into the lounge room.


"Pray tell. Why is my sister crying?" Faith asked looking down at Buffy who had curled her legs up on the couch.


"That Spike kid came to the doctors. Met him out the front" Trey said folding his arms across his chest.


Faith sat down next to Buffy on the couch. "I’m sorry I didn't tell you sweetie. It's just someone had to hear him out." Faith wiped the tears from Buffy’s cheeks.


"I don’t know what to believe anymore. It hurts to breathe.” Buffy cried holding her chest. “It hurts to talk.” Faith gave Buffy a sympathetic look. “I don’t know what to do anymore.” Buffy’s shoulders started to shake with the force of her tears. “Please don't make me leave. I just want to stay here. Not leave until my next doctor's appointment." Buffy said leaning on Trey’s shoulder. He had sat down on her other side.


"Okay.” Faith paused. “If that’s what you really want. I don't know why you don't want to try to finish school?" Faith said as Buffy turned to look at her. The tears had stopped flowing so freely.


"It's just too hard. Can we just leave it at that for now?" Buffy said tucking a stray piece of hair from her face behind her ears. “I‘m tired. Think I‘m gonna go lie down for a while.” Buffy stood and slowly walked to her bedroom and shut the door. Trey and Faith made their way to the kitchen to make supper.


*DREAM*


"Buffy” Spike stroked Buffy’s shoulder and down her arm sending shivers up and down her body. “I love you so much" Spike kissed her collar bone, making his way up her neck.


"I know you do” Buffy whispered tilting her head to the side as Spikes assault on her neck continued. “I just don't understand why you left!"


"Everyone leaves at one point luv. You needed to live your own life!" Spike’s hand wound its way around her waist.


"I was, until..." Buffy looks down at her stomach capturing Spike’s hand, bringing it around the front to rest on her baby bump.


"Yeah.” He smiled bright looking up to Buffy. “I’m excited." He smiled again, his hand running circles on her stomach.


"But?" Buffy looked down again at her stomach.


"You know we’re too young for mac and cheese!"


"What. What are you talking about?" Spike’s voice faded in and out as reality came crashing down.


"Mac and cheese. Buffy haven’t you been listening?” Faith asked shaking her twin’s shoulders. “Wake up. Supper’s ready!" Faith smiled.


"Spike?" Buffy slowly sat up pushing the hair from her eyes.


"No.” Faith laughed shaking her head. “Get your ass up or I will push you on the floor!" She poked Buffy in the shoulder.


*END DREAM*


Buffy mumbled something as Faith poked her tongue out and made her way out of the room. It was all a dream; Faith had infiltrated her dream again. She wanted to cry. Every night for as long as she can remember since he had left she’d had dreams.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Faith had made up her mind. Yes. She Faith Summers was going to look for a job after school. Trey had to go back to school that day which left Buffy alone at home by herself. That wasn’t happening of course which lead to where they were now, walking down the halls of Sunnydale High.


"Come on B. I‘m dropping you off with Giles." Faith said as the rounded the corned seeing the doors to the library looming ahead.


"Fine, but if I see Spike I am running." Buffy folded her arms and followed her sister. Trey had dropped them off that morning at the entrance of the school saying he would pick them up at the end of the day.


"Hey Giles!” Faith yelled swinging the doors open. Giles came running out of his office and slowed to a walk seeing the two girls. “Can I leave Buffy here with you today?" Faith asked handing Buffy a bag.


"Yes you can but….” Giles coughed and took of his glasses. “Shouldn't she be going to class?" He had pulled out a hanky and was wiping his glasses.


"Can't” Faith shrugged. “Gets too stressed out. Doc said it’s bad for her. And being near that many new people will stress her out!" Faith said watching as Buffy sat down at a table.


"Ok. I don’t mind." Giles nodded and placed his glasses back on.


"B. I’ll come back during lunch to hang with you but until then be good. Don't run off please." Faith said backwards walking towards the double doors.


"I won't Faith” Buffy said sending Faith a look “I love you!"


"You too B." Faith said smiling and turning just before opening the door and heading out.


"Hey Giles. Have a look at this” Buffy pulled the picture from her bag out and held it up to Giles. “It’s a picture of your grand child. You wanna see it?" Buffy asked shyly.


"Of course." Giles smiled coming to stand in front of Buffy. Buffy handed the black and white photo over to Giles who turned it at different angles.


"Oh.” Giles whispered eyes starting to tear up. “It's like seeing William when he was in Jenny." Giles smiled softly handing the picture back to Buffy after looking at it for a while longer. He couldn’t believe his William was going to be a father.


"Oooo the sunshine’s come back. Got her own bundle of sun to share with us all” Drusilla’s hypnotic voice could be heard as the doors to the library opened. “It’s so good to see you Buffy“ Drusilla smiled walking elegantly into the room to embrace Buffy in a hug.


“Dru!” Buffy welcomed the hug with opened arms and started to cry at seeing the familiar face. “I missed you so much” She cried as Dru made soothing noises.


"Our sunshine is growing up. Going to be a mummy. My Spike will be so happy.“ Dru smiled swaying in front of Buffy. “I’m going to be an aunty" Her eyes were wide and sparkling with excitement.


“Yes you are!” Buffy laughed. Giles shook his head and made his way over to the counter.


"It was rumbling, and tumbling.“ Dru paused looking down at Buffy’s stomach; she tilted her head to the side. “Wriggling all around” She started running her hands around her own stomach in circles.


“It has been, yeah.” Dru took a bit of getting used to but Buffy seemed to have a connection with her and was able to understand her most lucid moments. “And how have you been.” Buffy smiled.


"Good good.” she paused looking towards the library doors then back at Buffy.


“Does daddy know?” She asked in indication towards Spike.


"Yes” Buffy paused looking down and then up again meeting her gaze. “He knows. I-I just can’t put up with him right now." Her eyes welled again with tears.


"The stars will come into alignment and sunshine will play with daddy again. You'll see!" Dru smiled starting to spin in a circle her arms spread wide. Their was a certain twinkle in her eye. “I shall come back later. The little mouse wants to talk to me” Dru laughed picturing the principle.


"I can’t wait.” Buffy stood and walked to where Dru was standing. “It was nice seeing you again Dru." Buffy wrapped her arms around her small frame and held on tight.


~~~~~~~~~


*LUNCH*


The double doors made their usual creek as they were opened. Buffy’s head shot up and her ‘Deer in headlights’ face turned into a smile at seeing Faith walking towards her. She was followed by a small group of people.


"Hey B, hope you don’t mind. I brought a few people.” Faith sat down on the table top in front of Buffy. “Anya here was telling me about a job I can get. Her dad is trying to hire people.” Buffy smiled and then looked at the others standing before her. “And these” Faith gestured to the group. “Are her friends... I wanted to introduce you to them. This here is Willow as you know from our first day, and her boyfriend Oz. This is Anya, and her boyfriend Xander." Faith pointed to each person with a smile on her face. In return they each gave a smile or a short wave. After a few minutes of introductions the doors swung open and Dru walked in her lunch in her hands. Buffy’s eyes sparked up and she broke out into another bright smile.


"Hey Dru. Long time no see. What are you doing here?" Faith asked giving Dru a brief hug and sitting back down on the table top.


"Sunshine want’s to eat with me." Drusilla explained looking at the group of people a puzzled look on her face. Their was an uncomfortable silence until Anya’s over happy voice broke through its haze.


"So you’re pregnant?” She smiled leaning forward to look closely at Buffy’s stomach. “That must be uncomfortable!" She exclaimed bluntly smiling.


"Anya!” Xander said shooting Anya a look. She gave him a puzzled look in return. “Don't scare her. She didn‘t mean anything" Xander laughed nervously eyes glancing to Buffy’s stomach.


"I uh… I’m just gonna go and sit in Giles office..." Buffy said standing on shaky legs. Giles who was still at the counter just nodded and watched as she started towards his office door. She was up to the counter when her breathing started to come in short gasps. Her breaths were coming in shorter as her fission started to blur, starting to get light headed. She grabbed onto the counter top before she fell to the floor with a thud darkness consuming her.
Chapter 7 by xappletinix
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my amazing Beta Kelly who always makes my story amazing!
Faith unfolded her arm’s for the hundredth time as she continued to walk up and down the isle between seats in the waiting room. She was worried, petrified even. Buffy kept passing out and she knew something just wasn’t right. Xander had picked Buffy up just after she had fallen down on the Library floor and along with Giles, Drusilla, and Faith they had immediately rushed to the hospital.


Faith crossed her arms and continued her pace. Xander’s head stating to go dizzy at watching Faith’s form walk back and forth in front of him. The doctors hadn’t said anything to them yet. They didn’t even know if the baby was okay.


There was a sudden commotion out in the hall and all eyes turned towards the noise. Spike rushed in.


"How is she?" His eyes were frantic and searching for answers. He looked as though he hadn't slept in days.


"We don't know” Faith whispered her movements stoped and she met his gaze. Her eyes filled with unshed tears. “Oh God what…What if she’s really hurt.” Faith’s eyes went wide and a few tears made their way down her face. “I can’t do all this without her Spike!" Faith said her shoulders shaking. Her head fell and her hair cascaded around her face.


"She’ll be fine luv. She’s strong." Spike said the tone of his voice suggesting that he was trying to reassure himself more than Faith.


"Sunshine will be fine. Her tummy’s upset at her. It’s all muddled” Drusilla rubbed her belly and tilted her head to the side. “Everything is to busy. All in here” Dru rubbed her temples. “Little bundle of sunshine will be fine my Spoike” Dru smiled at her brother her British accent coming out thick. There was another commotion and the doors opened showing Trey rushing through a group of people and enveloping Faith in a hug.


"How's she doing?” Trey whispered wiping the dried tears from Faith’s cheeks. “How's the baby?" Trey asked worriedly as Faith slowly smiled at him. "Fred told her to rest and relax…..She was doing that wasn‘t she?"


"We don't know anything right now..." Faith whispered laying her head on Trey’s chest. He hugged her close giving her his support. A man in a white coat came walking over to them.


"Are you all with Miss Summers?” The doctor asked. At The groups nod he continued. “I’m Dr. Ben. I’ve seen Buffy, she’s doing better. She just woke up.” Faith’s tensed shoulders relaxed and she smiled. “The tests show that she has a low haemoglobin level and needs iron supplementation which is very common in pregnancies.” Ben reassured the group. “Any pharmacy will have the supplements she needs. It should help he with the passing out.” Faith nodded and leaned further back into Trey. Spike was listening attentively to Ben’s words. “If it persists though, don't hesitate to come back.” He looked down at the clip board he was holding and read a few lines. “I can see that her baby is doing just fine. She just needs the iron, and some rest. If her mother or father would come with me I will fill out the paperwork to have her released." Ben looked around for a male of female that would fit the bill of the girls parents but only found one man who didn’t at all look related to Buffy.


"Sorry Dr. She doesn't live with her parents, I’m her twin. I’ll uh come with you to sign the papers.” Faith said moving away from Trey’s arms to follow the doctor.


"Okay well lets go. We will let her rest while we fill out the paperwork."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Mmm my head hurts." Buffy whispered softly reaching a weak hand to her head.


"Honey you had quite the fall. So of course your heads going to hurt!" Faith said softly smiling down at her sister.


"Is my baby okay? What's wrong with me?" Buffy worriedly asked.


"Nothing just low Iron levels, your fine." Faith reassured Buffy playing with a few stray wisps of her hair.


"I wanna talk to Spike..." Buffy whispered meeting her twins gaze.


"Okay well he's out in the waiting room with everyone else while we wait for the release papers to be finished. Want me to go get him?" Faith asked pointing towards the door. Buffy smiles softly and nods.


Buffy had her eyes closed and her hands resting on her stomach when the door to her room squeaked open and Spike popped his head through the door.

"Hey pet, how are you feeling?" Spike walking into the room and came to sit on the seat beside the bed where Faith had sat only moments before.


"I feel crappy…” Buffy softly laughed. Spike smiled down at her and grabbed onto one of her hands. “I- I love you Spike.” Buffy whispered looking Spike in the eye. “You mean so much to me.” Buffy’s eyes started to water. “I just wanted you to know" Buffy said reaching up to wipe the tears from her eyes.


"Pet don't cry.” Spike cupped her cheek and stood sitting on the side of the mattress next to Buffy. “I love you too." Spike whispered looking down at her. “So bloody much” He leaned down and captured her lips in a brief kiss.


"I just wanted everything to be how it was before everything happened. I want to start out slow, we can't just jump back into things." Buffy said her bottom lip trembling, her eyes watering up again.


"Anything pet. As long as I can be near you. I miss you so much!" Spike smiled down at her silently thanking the heavens for letting Buffy give him a second chance.


"I-I want you to be a big part of all this. Of our child's life. This is what we created.” Buffy clasped one of his hands and brought it to her stomach. “Theirs a tiny little you and me in here" Buffy said smiling looking up at Spike. He was looking down at her stomach in awe. Spike ripped his hand away as something pushed against palm.


“Oh!” Buffy gasped feeling the bubbles move in her stomach.


“Is it supposed to do that?” Spike asked looking down at her stomach with questioning eyes.


“It‘s the first time she‘s moved” Buffy whispered bringing his hand back down to feel their baby move. Spike smiled bright and brought his hand back down to feel the little bumps on his palm.



"B. time to leave..." Faith said breaking the silence as she stepped into the room. Buffy smiled at Spike deciding to keep the baby’s movement to themselves just for now.


"Come on luv, I’ll carry you to the car." Spike said moving the sheets from around Buffy‘s waist and placing his arms under her legs. Buffy wrapped her arms around is neck as he lifted her with ease. She nuzzled his neck with her nose and breathed in the scent she had missed so much.


"Did you want to come over for dinner tonight?” Spike asked, his question directed at Faith and Buffy. “Trey can come too. I just wanna spend some time with Buffy!" Spike said smiling down at Buffy.


"Yeah I guess so. That would be nice." Faith smiled as she nodded her answer to Spike.


"Hey dad.” Spike said as they made their way to the parking lot. “Buffy, Faith, and Trey are coming for dinner" Spike said placing Buffy into the car.


"Wonderful." Giles smiled readjusting his glasses.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Mum we're home” Spike yelled out as he walked through the front door carrying Buffy into the lounge room.


"Spike where have you been, you know to call before... Faith? Buffy? Oh..." Jenny’s eyes went wide at the sight before her. Faith smiled and hugs Jenny in a tight embrace.


"Hey Jenny. It‘s good to see you" Faith said stepping out of the hug. "This is Trey my friend. Mine and Buffy's current room mate!" She laughed pointing to Trey who had come to stand beside her.


"Buffy, your pregnant!" Jenny eyes bugged seeing Buffy sitting on her couch looking uncomfortable.


"Yeah, almost 6 months along." Buffy smiled.


"Is it... Williams?" Jenny asked a puzzled look on her face.


"DO I look like the kind of person who would cheat?” Buffy asked eyebrows raised. “Why does everyone keep asking me this?" Buffy’s eyes filled with tears. She tries to stand as her tears start to fall. Spike held out a hand and stops her from standing.


"Let me up Spike. I need to go. I don't want to be here anymore." Buffy says frantically.


"Oh sweetie, I didn’t mean anything by it.” Buffy’s shoulders relaxed a little. “Me and my stupid mouth." Jenny says softly sending Buffy a sympathetic look.


"It's okay. I still want to leave."


"No please stay, I didn’t mean to be rude it's just... no one told me." Jenny said glaring at Spike, Dru and Giles.


"Fine I'll stay. It's okay Jenny, I’m just all hormones at the moment" Buffy says tearing up.


"Well I’m making spaghetti for dinner, Dru sweetie will you help me?" Jenny asked looking at her daughter.


"I’m gonna take Buffy upstairs to my room so she can rest." Spike said to no one in particular. With one swoop he had Buffy in his arms and was walking up the stairs to his room.


Buffy smiled at seeing the state Spikes room was in. Clothes strewn across the floor, his desk a mass of papers and books, A dictionary on the bed? She giggled and smiled softly to herself at seeing all the pictures that had been taken of the two of them in the short time they were together.


"Don't mind the mess." Spike said smiling pushing the dictionary off the bed and placing Buffy on it.


"I can't believe you have all the photo's still. I have all mine in a photo album. Mom and Dad tried to take it away from me.” Buffy whispered looking up at Spike. “Around the same time they tried to take our baby.” Spike cupped her cheek and wiped a tear away with the pad of his thumb. “Faith didn't let them. It's the only thing I had left of you, well it was the only thing I had left of you. Now I have you.” She smiled softly and closed her eyes as Spike leant his forehead against hers. “What did they do to make your family leave?" Buffy asks silently.


"Lets leave that for another time yeah?" Spike said rubbing the back of her neck.


"Fine." Buffy said with a yawn.


"Lets get some kip, okay luv?" Spike moved to the side and lay on his back.


"Hold me?" Buffy asked looking at Spike with pleading eyes. Spike nodded and moved over further to gather Buffy in his arms. Spike watched as Buffy’s breathe evened out. He continued to stroke her head, bending down he gave it a soft kiss before he himself followed her into sleep. It was the best sleep they both had had in all the months they had been apart.
Chapter 8 by xappletinix
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my lovely reviewers it means alot. Also thanks to Kelly who is absolutely amazing!
Trey and Faith walked through the door and into Trey’s house quietly. They had left the Giles residence an hour after dinner had finished where upon Jenny had insisted on letting Buffy stay over and that’s where she was now. Tucked away in bed snuggled close to Spike. Reluctantly of coarse, Faith had let her stay.


"C’mon Faith don't feel bad, she'll be fine. She needs to spend time with Spike." Trey sighed wrapping an arm around Faith and pulling her down onto the couch to sit next to him.


"I know. It's just I miss her a lot. I’ve never been away from her before.” Faith let her head loll to the side, resting it on Trey’s shoulder. “And now she has Spike back and I don't know my position in her life anymore." Faith said softly. Trey gave her a brief hug.


"You know she'll always love you Faith. You helped her through the most difficult time of her life. She will always love you for that. You know you guys are closer than anyone. So don't worry about it." Trey smiled meeting Faith’s gaze.


"Yeah” Faith smiled and sat back into the couch. “Besides. Now I get to spend some time with my favorite person!" She broke out into a huge smile. Her smile faltered at seeing Trey blank stare.


"Who?" Trey asked a little bit more roughly than he had intended.


"Well you of course!” Faith shot him a ‘Duh’ look. “Who else would it be.”


"I knew that." Trey nodded and then yelped as Faith smacked him lightly on the arm.


"Of course you did Trey!" Faith said rolling her eyes, hurt that Trey would think she’s just leave him to go spend time with someone.


"Remember when we broke up?" Trey asked quietly not meeting Faith’s gaze.


"Yeah” Faith said in a bitter laugh. “You had a new girlfriend the next day." She folded her feet under each other on the couch and moved to wipe a single tear that had fallen.


"She wasn’t my girlfriend.” He whispered turning to meet Faith’s eyes. “I was acting. I didn’t want you to see how hurt I was after we broke up!" Trey admitted. Moving his hand across he captured Faith’s with his own and gave it a gentle squeeze.


"Yeah well karma’s a bitch and you know you got what was coming to you when you were with her.” Faith laughed at the memories. Trey smiled at her and nodded in agreement. “Oh my God” Faith laughed out turning to face him. “Do you remember that time Buffy went ballistic on you and tried to pull all your hair out because she thought that you cheated on me?" Faith said laughing, tears coming out of her eyes.


"Yeah or that time where she put orange dye in my shampoo because she thought it would be funny to see my hair look like a pumpkin?" Trey said laughing heartily. Faith was leaning on Trey laughing. They both stopped and met each other’s gaze. Trey reached out a hand and wiped away the tears that had fallen during their laughing. ‘She’s never looked more beautiful’ Trey thought before lowering his mouth to hers. His hand still on her face, reached the back of her neck to pull her in closer.


Faith jumped back just as Trey’s other hand snaked it’s way around her back.


"I'm sorry." She said looking like a dear caught in headlights.


"If you can remember I initiated it.” His hooded gaze met hers and he smiled. “I wanted it.” Trey reached out a hand and cupped her cheek. “Faithie I want to try us again.”


"I don't know if I can” Faith lowered her gaze as she thought. “Who the hell am I kidding.” She smiled watching Trey smile in return. “Of course I can!" Faith said jumping into his lap. Holding her close, his hands resting on her thigh’s, Trey sent her a hungered look.


"We have the house to ourselves” He raised his eye brows in a suggestive manner. “What do you want to do?" Trey asked running his hands up her back.


“I can think of a few things” Faith smiled right before she crashed his lips down to his.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy tried to roll over but someone’s arms were wrapped around her waist holding them to their chest. Buffy went stiff and rubbed her eyes trying to remember where she was. It was still dark outside. The person nuzzled her neck from behind and mumbled something. She smiled at hearing Spike.


Trying again she wriggled to come lose of his strong grasp, she really had to go pee. She didn't know where the bathroom was, but first thing was first. Get out of bed.


"Spike…” Unable to get lose Buffy shoved her backside into Spike. She gasped at feeling something nudging her back. “Uh…Spike” Buffy said as Spike’s hand cupped her breast. “Baby I really need to go pee. So let me go" Buffy said elbowing Spike.


"Mmm what?” Spike slowly drifted awake and his body went stiff at the position he was in. Groin in Buffy’s backside, hand on her breast. “Right….Bathroom. I'll show you were that is." Spike said hopping out of bed and reaching down a hand to help Buffy up. He waited outside the room for her and then lead her back to his room after he had been. Buffy sat on his bed looking around the room. It was in no other words but a disaster zone. Standing and leaving Spike sprawled on the bed she starts cleaning his room.


"Pet” Spike sat up in his elbows. “What are you doing?” he chuckled and watched as she threw all of his clothes into one big pile. “Come on luv. Come back to bed!" Spike groaned watching her bend over.


"Not until your room is clean!" Buffy states rushing around and picking up a stray sock.


"Leave it alone. I'll clean it in the morning” Spike let his head fall back onto his pillow. “I just want to cuddle with my sexy pregnant girlfriend." Spike waggles his eye suggestively at her as Buffy blushed.


"Nope. Your room‘s a disaster and I refuse to sleep in this mess right now." Buffy said picking up a book and placing them on his bookshelf. Looking back at the big pile of clothes she picked them all up and plunked them in the basket that was sitting next to his cupboard. She must have bumped the cupboard door because a few item’s fell out. Reaching down she picked them up and opened the door fully to place them back in. Her eyes went wide at what she saw.


Black and red shiny paint met her gaze as her hands held the crumpled papers. Backing away she sat on the edge of Spike’s bed. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. ‘I can’t believe he has it’ Buffy thought staring at the black and red shiny paint glisten back at her.


"Pet, you can take it out you know." Spike smiled sitting up behind her.


"No, no, I don’t play anymore." Buffy whispered standing, she made her way over to the cupboard and placed the now flattened out pieces of in a folder marked poems. She turned and crawled back into bed with Spike who’s arms wrapped automatically around her. She sighed contentedly and fell back into a deep sleep.
Chapter 9 by xappletinix
Author's Notes:
Thank you to all those who reviewed! I am sorry that it took so long for me to post it! My wonderful Beta Kelly had a handful of problems! I hope she feels better soon!
Faith tugged the hem of her shirt down as she made her way

across the quad and walked over to Xander and his friends

where Drusilla and Spike were standing chatting.




"Hey” Faith greeted “Thanks for helping my sister yesterday."

She smiled sitting down on the bench next to Xander. Spike and

Dru greeted her and came to stand in front of the two.




"No problem.” He nodded. “How's she doing anyway?" Xander

asked worriedly looking towards the space Faith had just

walked across, trying to find Buffy.




"I don’t know if she’s coming today.” Faith said looking at

her clasped hands that where resting in between her knees. “I

don't know what she's doing.” She shrugged and glanced at

Spike and then turned her head to meet Xander’s gaze. “She

stayed the night at Giles‘s house.” Spike smiled in

reassurance that she was fine.




They heard footsteps behind them stop and the group turned

there gaze to be met by Buffy’s smiling form. Spike walked a

few steps towards her and swept her into a hug. Faith was

looking her with a strange look on her face.




"Faith, thanks for last night.” Faith raised her eyebrow. “For

letting me stay with Spike.” She nodded and smiled at her

sister. “I feel so rested. I could even go to class.” Buffy

stopped at seeing the looks Spike and Faith were giving her.

“Or I Uh...could not go” She laughed reassuring the two

people.




"Buffy you should sit down” Spike said gently shoving Buffy

towards the bench” Buffy smiled and complied with Spike’s

request. She plunked herself next to her sister who just

raised her eyebrows at Spike.




“Relax Spike. She won’t do anything to upset the baby." Faith

said wrapping her arm about Buffy’s shoulders.




"I know. I just worry yeah” He gave Buffy a gentle smile and

touched her knee. “I’ll take you to the library; make sure

you’re all comfortable.” He helped Buffy from the bench and

slipped her hand into his. “Then I’ll head off to class and

come back to check on you when it’s lunch" Spike said starting

to walk in the direction of the library.




"Don’t be forgetting bout me B." Faith said falling into step

beside the couple. Dru wasn’t far behind. “I‘ll come at lunch

with bleach boy” Faith reassured her sister.




"There’s going to be a big party” Dru said smiling. “The stars

tell mommy what’s happening” She giggled to herself as she

stared blankly ahead.



"Thanks you guys.” Buffy stopped outside the library doors

just as the bell went. “You better get to class before you get

into trouble!" Buffy said smiling generally happy for the

first time in awhile.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




"Trey!” Buffy asked puzzled as she walked into the library.

Trey sat at one of the small desk‘s in the centre of the

library. “What are you doing here in the library?" Buffy

raised an eyebrow at Trey.




"Waiting for Faith." Trey smiled sweetly.


"

Oh..." Buffy trailed off seeing the look in his eyes. "Are you

guys dating again?" Buffy asked coming to stand near him.




"Yeah. I- I thought she would have told you" Trey said hurt

evident in his voice…




"I’m sure she will… There was a lot going on this morning.”

Buffy sat opposite trey and smiled in reassurance. Her smile

stopped and she started to glare at him. “Remember if you hurt

her” Buffy said pointing a finger at him. “You’re going to be

in a lot of pain….Serious amounts of pain mister." Buffy

threatened still glaring.




"I know, I know” He nodded eyes slightly widened. “And if I do

hurt her I’ll lie down and take it!" Trey said with a twinkle

in his eye.




"Good” Buffy smiled brightly. “Now that we’re all clear about

that come sit down.” Buffy patted the vacant chair next to

her. “You’re making me dizzy." Buffy said lightly. Trey’s

movement stopped seeing Buffy place a hand over her eyes. He

smiled and made his way over to her, but before he could sit

down the double doors to the library were whipped open as a

furious blonde came rushing through.




"You!” Harmony glared slowly advancing on Buffy. Trey had

stood up straight and was standing to the side of Buffy. “You

took my Blondie bear away from me!” She screamed eye’s

narrowing. “You’re going to pay for that you bitch! Nobody

dumps me" Harmony growled out taking another step towards

Buffy. Trey stepped in front of Buffy and held his hands up.




"Don't you dare touch her!" Trey threatened. Harmony was about

to start yelling again when the all too familiar sound of the

library doors squeaked open. Faith, Spike, and Drusilla walked

through in mid conversation. Their words stopped seeing the

scene unfolding in front of them.




"What's going on?" Spike asked one eyebrow raised. Buffy was

sitting in a chair behind Trey on the verge of tears.




"Barbie over here” Trey said pointing, turning his gaze from

the group that had just walked in back to a fuming Harmony.

“Tried to threaten Buffy.” Trey shot Harmony a glare. “Said

she was going to make Buffy pay for you breaking up with her”

He spoke to Spike. “I decided to intervene" Trey explained.




"Blondie Bear!” Harmony gasped out turning to face Spike. Her

eyes wide and pleading. “I was just trying to make it so there

was nothing between us. Nothing stopping us from being

together” Harmony smiled sweetly and made her way over to

Spike. “She's put a rift between us Spikey!" Harmony said

running her hand down Spike’s arm.




"Harmony” Spike’s eyes narrowed. “How many times do I have to

say we were NEVER together” He pried her hand off of his arm.

“See that woman over there” Spike pointed to Buffy who was

wiping her face. “It’s always been her. I’ve always been in

love with her.” Buffy looked up from behind Trey and smiled at

him softly.




“But- what we had” Harmony pouted.




“Harmony!” Faith growled coming to stand next to Spike. “He

doesn’t love you and he doesn’t want you. My sis and Spike

here go way back.” Faith laughed at the brief flashes of

memories she got. “God. How do you think she got pregnant? It

takes two to make a baby.”




“And that one over there is mine” Spike smiled meeting Buffy’s

eyes. “Don’t ever! Think about threatening what’s mine again

or there’ll be repercussions.” Spike glared at Harmony.



Harmony’s eyes met everyone in the room for a brief second

before she turns and hastily makes her way out. With narrowed

eyes she stares at the closed doors and vows that one way or

another she’ll make Bunny pay. She could here the muffled

voices from within.




"I love you pet. She is just a dumb blonde Barbie. Shh I am

here now! Don’t worry luv." Harmony let out a strangled noise

and stomps away from the library.
Chapter 10 by xappletinix
Author's Notes:
thanks to Kelly my wonderful Beta and those who review :-D
Lifting an eyebrow with scrutinizing eyes Faith readjusted the angle of a bottle sitting on the shelf in front of her for what must have been the 10 time today. Sighing she made her way through the shelves and towards the register. It was her first day working at the Magic Box and she was glad Buffy had steered her towards this rather than the Double Meat Palace.


Buffy had insisted that she herself get a job but in her current situation Faith knew that wasn’t happening anytime soon. Having a job was nerve racking. Faith was glad at least that she was working with Anya. Anya was a very strange person indeed, but it leads to interesting conversation.


Faith was brought out of her thoughts by the bell chiming above the door.


"Welcome to the Magic Box may I help you?" Faith smiled brightly watching her next potent ional customer walk through the door.


"Faith!” Faith’s smile dropped at hearing the voice. “Where have you and Buffy been?” Dawn walked down the stairs coming to stand in front of her sister. Faith who had her arms folded and a cold look on her face. “Every time I asked mom where you guy’s went…..” Dawn stopped briefly watching Faith snort and rolls her eyes. “She-she wouldn’t tell me!"


"Look Dawnie!” Faith growled out. “Either go home” Faith pointed to the door. “Or buy something” She dropped her hand. Dawn opened her mouth to reply but Faith cut her of. “I will never EVER forgive you for telling mom and dad about Buffy's baby!" Faith practically shouted. Dawn looked down and nodded before turning and slowly making her way out of the Magic Box. Before shutting the door she looked at her sister once more, deciding that now wasn’t the time to apologize.


"Who was that?” Anya asked carrying a box out of the store room and placing it on the bench top. She gave Faith a quizzical look. “Why didn't they give you any money?" Anya frowned. “Your supposed to make them buy things, not yell at them to get out” She sighed. Faith just shrugged and made her way over to a nearby shelf to readjust more objects.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy closed her eyes as she ran a shaky hand above the object, the door to the cupboard was only half open and she ghosted it‘s outline. She sighed and looked down at the shiny surface. With a hesitant hand she plucked a few strings. At hearing the twang of each note she pulled her hand back as if she had been burnt.


Looking at the guitar a lone tear slipped down her cheek. Spike had bought it for her. It was the same exact guitar that she had played all those months ago at the store. She closed the door to the cupboard and backed away to the bed, taking a seat waiting for Spike to finish his shower. Lying down on the bed she listened to the pitter patter of the shower she let her thoughts wonder back to the days when things were simple.


*Flashback*


"Spike!” Buffy laughed. “Come on lets go in this store!" Tugging excitedly on Spike’s arm. Looking in the window her eyes brightened, the instruments were calling to her. Her mouth fell open as she made her way through the store to the back. A black and red guitar was in the corner.


"Why don't you play something for me pet?" Spike asked handing the guitar over to Buffy.


"Oh, I don’t know” Buffy said smiling softly. “I guess I can play you something" Buffy smiled brightly. She knew Spike knew she could play. Play really well at that. Closing her eyes she let the room fade away so that only she and the guitar existed.


"Wow!” Spike smiled watching Buffy blush as she opened her eyes. “You really know how to play kitten!" Spike enjoying seeing her happy he loved watching her play.


"Thanks” Buffy laughed placing the guitar back in it’s holder. “I wish mine played as well as this.” She looked longingly at the black and red guitar before her. “The one Faith bought me is old but I love it all the same!" Buffy said smiling. Spike clasped his hand in hers as they made their way out of the store.


*Fast Forward to a few days after Buffy's parents force Spike to move*


Buffy didn’t know how long she’d been crying but it felt like days. She was sitting on her bed tears still flowing freely down her face as she strummed on her guitar. Dawn burst through the door.


"This song is really starting to annoy me!" Dawn said folding her arms across her chest.


"Yeah well you’re annoying me!" Buffy said crying. “Just get out Dawn” She whispered.


"Dawn honey” Hank walked up the stairs and came to stop in Buffy’s room doorway. “Is Buffy bothering you with her music my princess?" Hank glared at Buffy’s crying form.

“Yes!” Dawn smiled watching her father.


"Well you don't have to worry about it anymore.” He walked over to where Buffy was sitting. “Give me the guitar Buffy!" Hank ground out grabbing the neck of the guitar.


"NO!” Buffy screamed tightening her hold on the guitar. “Faith gave it to me! Please don't take it away!" Buffy cried out. Hank pulled roughly and ripped the guitar out of her grasp. Smiling evilly he brought the guitar into the air and smashed it down to the ground.


Dawn watched on in horror as Hank through the guitar to the ground one last time. She watched Buffy’s body shake with the force of her tears. She had expected Buffy to get in trouble, she always did. But she hadn’t expected her father to break her most prized possession. It was the first time that she realized how truly cruel her parents were.


Buffy brought her hands to her face as she curled her body up feeling everything fall to pieces around her.


*End Flashback*


Tears filled her eyes as she stifled yawn. Curling her hands to her chest Buffy closed her eyes. After that day she had vowed never to play again and seeing the guitar in Spike’s cupboard had brought back so many memories. Letting a tear slip down her cheek she fell into a deep dreamless sleep.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=27866