Corresponded Love by jessigurl18
Summary: AU: Buffy Summers was dragged by Willow to go to someone’s party… there she met handsome William Connor… They exchanged e-mails… began talking…(Based on a true story) Totally Spuffy! Please read and review!
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 5910 Read: 11862 Published: 07/14/2004 Updated: 12/08/2004

1. Scribbled Napkins by jessigurl18

2. Instant Messenger by jessigurl18

3. Missing You by jessigurl18

4. Love Out of the Blue by jessigurl18

5. Waiting by jessigurl18

6. The Truth can Hurt by jessigurl18

Scribbled Napkins by jessigurl18
AU: Buffy Summers was dragged by Willow to go to someone’s party… there she met handsome William Connor… They exchanged e-mails… began talking…(Based on a true story) Totally Spuffy! Please read and review!

~*~*~*~

Chapter One: Scribbled Napkin

~*~*~*~

Buffy carefully applied her make-up as Willow drove down the streets of Sunnydale. The blonde wasn’t sure where she was headed, but she was safe, as long as she was with Willow.

“Wills, are you sure it’s okay if I tag along?” Buffy kept asking the redhead on the way to the supposed ‘party’. Willow smiled for the sixth time, assuring her friend positively.

“Buffy, of course you can. I don’t know how many times you have to ask me that. Oz is going to be there with his brothers and sisters, and Riley and his brother Angel, a-and so is Faith!” Willow exclaimed as she parked on the lawn of a house filled with people. Buffy smiled as she saw Xander at the door talking with who seemed to be the owner of the house.

“Hey Xander!” Buffy greeted as she walked up to the entrance. Xander smiled at Buffy in response, waving at Willow and introduced them to the man.

“Rupert, this is Buffy Summers, and Willow Rosenburg. Girls, this is Rupert Giles. His step-son organized the party,” Xander explained as the three acquainted.

“Very nice to meet you girls,” he remarked in a deep English accent. Buffy and Willow beamed with contentment and entered the house. There were adults as well as teenagers, dancing and having a good time. Buffy smiled as Oz came over to Willow and placed a delicate kiss on her lips, dragging her to the dance floor.

“Hey,” a deep voice called from behind Buffy. The blonde turned around to see a tall bleached blonde young man smiling down at her. She blushed irately, causing him to smile even wider.

“Do you want to dance?” Buffy nodded as he took her hand and led her to the middle of the supposed ‘dance floor’. There was a variation of music and styles; somehow Buffy knew them all and enjoyed it.

“What’s your name?” the bleached-blonde asked timidly, thick British accent cutting in. Buffy licked her lips slightly.

“Buffy Summers. What’s yours?”

“William Connor. Do you live around here?”

“Umm… about 2 miles out… on Rovello Drive… How old are you?”

“I’m eighteen. What about you?”

“I’m sixteen… um… do you have an e-mail address or a screen name?” William could see the blushing escaping into Buffy’s face as they swayed to the music.

“Yes, I do… what about you?”

“Yes… We’ll exchange then…”

“Sure,” he answered as the music stopped and everyone clapped. Buffy smiled and turned to find Willow staring at her with wide eyes. The two blondes danced a couple of more songs as they spoke about nothing. As the night came to an end, Buffy followed William into the kitchen to grab some napkins.

“This was a great party,” Buffy sighed as she patted the napkin across her face.

“Thanks for the compliment,” William remarked and drank a glass of coke.

“You organized the party?”

“Yeah…”

“Cool.”

“I’ll say… hey,” he stated, and grabbed another napkin with a pen, beginning to write. “Here’s my e-mail and screen name.”

“You didn’t forget…”

“Nope, I didn’t,” he replied, handing her the written napkin. She ripped apiece off, taking the pen in William’s hand and scribbled her own names.

“Here is mine. We’ll keep in touch then?” Buffy asked as they walked out back to the group of people left.

“Sure…”

“Buffy! We have to go. I promised your mom I would have you home by midnight. I’ve got fifteen minutes to get there!” Willow exclaimed as she tugged on Buffy’s arm. The blonde shot a warm smile to William and walked out with Willow.

“Give me details, hun,” Willow whispered, turning back to see William standing at the doorway, staring at the two.

“Is he staring?”

“Well, DUH!” Buffy and Willow giggled as they got in the car and drove away.

“I’m going to get on and add him to my buddy list,” Buffy sighed as they stopped at her house. Willow just smiled as she watched the blonde get out of the car and walk slowly toward the door, the scribbled napkin tightly gripped on the her hand.

~*~*~*~

To Be Continued…

A/N: This is going to be a good story, because it’s based ON a true story that happened… Anyways, I hope you like the idea. I need help. I need ideas on what their screen names should be. Can you help? Thanks a bunch!!!!!

-Jess
Instant Messenger by jessigurl18
AU: Buffy Summers was dragged by Willow to go to someone’s party… there she met handsome William Connor… They exchanged e-mails… began talking…(Based on a true story) Totally Spuffy! Please read and review!

~*~*~*~

Chapter Two: Instant Messenger

~*~*~*~

“Buffy,” Joyce called as the young blonde walked into the house, grinning from ear to ear. “How was the party, sweetheart?”

“Uh… it was great,” she replied enthusiastically, the napkin still in hand. Joyce smiled mildly at her answer. “Where’s dad?”

“Hank needed to go to LA on an emergency trip, sweetie,” she remarked as she watched her daughter nod in impulse and licked her lips. “Dawnie is upstairs, waiting for you to come home.”

“Okay,” was all that came of Buffy as she ran up the stairs and locked herself in her room. She threw her purse on her bed, and swiftly sat on her armchair in front of the computer. With the napkin still in hand, she typed in the names on her buddy list. With a soft click of the mouse, the blonde wondered when he would get on.

‘LovesBitch has singed on,’ the computer announced five minutes later. Buffy jumped in excitement as she opened up a conversation.

SlayerGal: Hi

LovesBitch: Hi…you’re on pretty late, huh?

SlayerGal: Yeah… it’s Saturday, and plus my family is asleep already.

LovesBitch: Really… do you have any siblings?

SlayerGal: Yes, I have a younger sister named Dawn. She’s twelve… what about you?

LovesBitch: Me too… I have a sister back in England with my father. She’s right around your age.

SlayerGal: Oh… your parents are separated, then… the conversation stalls for a couple of minutes.

SlayerGal: I’m really sorry… I shouldn’t have mentioned that.

LovesBitch: It’s quite all right, Buffy. Yes, they are separated. My mother won custody of me but lost custody of Cecilia, since she was considered ‘under-age’ to know what she wanted.

SlayerGal: I’m sorry…

LovesBitch: Like I said, It’s okay, luv. She re-married Giles a couple of years ago and they are happy.

SlayerGal: Well, as long as she’s happy, she’s in good hands.

LovesBitch: Anyways, I’m going to make another party soon. You’re invited to come, and bring your family so they can ‘mingle’ around with the other adults.

SlayerGal: My mom would like that a lot.

LovesBitch: So would mine.

SlayerGal: William, what school do you go to?

LovesBitch: …

LovesBitch: I don’t… I dropped out when I moved to the United States with my mum and Giles. I haven’t considered going back.

SlayerGal: Oh…

LovesBitch: What school are you going to?

SlayerGal: The one and only… Sunnydale High… :)

LovesBitch: I suspect that you’re a sophomore, then… right?

SlayerGal: Yeah…

LovesBitch: Thanks

SlayerGal: For what?

LovesBitch: For dancing with me tonight…

SlayerGal: No problem… anytime…

LovesBitch: You’re a good dancer…

SlayerGal: Stop.. you’re making me blush!!

LovesBitch: Well, it’s the truth, and you are very beautiful, Buffy.

SlayerGal: Thanks…

SlayerGal: Hey, I have to go…

LovesBitch: Okay… can we talk tomorrow?

SlayerGal: Umm, sure. That would be great.

LovesBitch: Well, actually, it’ll have to be after eleven at night because I work.

SlayerGal: Okay, no problem.

LovesBitch: Bye, beautiful.

SlayerGal: Bye, William.

Buffy shut down her computer and flopped herself on her bed. She grabbed her pillow and hugged it compactly to her chest, smiling with anticipation. I can’t wait to talk to him again, she thought as she slowly drifted into a serene sleep.

~*~*~*~

To Be Continued…

AN: Thanks for the reviews, guys. Keep them coming. Oh and thanks reviewers for the ideas on the screen names.

-Jess
Missing You by jessigurl18
AU: Buffy Summers was dragged by Willow to go to someone’s party… there she met handsome William Connor… They exchanged e-mails… began talking…(Based on a true story) Totally Spuffy! Please read and review!

~*~*~*~

Chapter Three: Missing You

~*~*~*~

William woke up at hearing someone calling his name. He instinctively got out of bed and snuck out of the house. He walked down the middle of the street not minding the coolness of the concrete against his feet.

Suddenly, he turned his head and saw a two-story house. He automatically knew that it was Buffy’s house. He just stood in front of her house until he saw her walk out the front door, a smile curling on her lips. She strolled to him until his breath meandered her body.

“I’m calling you,” she whispered. William raised an eyebrow awkwardly as he heard a beeping sound in the distance.

~*~*~*~

“Oh, bloody hell,” William murmured as he woke up to the sound of his cell phone ringing. “Hello?”

“Will?” William smiled at hearing Buffy again. ‘It’s already six in the morning?’

“Hi Buffy,” he greeted as he sat up in bed and turned on one of the lamps. “Did you sleep well, luv?”

“Yes… what about you?”

“Good… had a dream about you.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah…”

“Well, tell me later because if my dad finds me calling you at this time of the morning, he’d kill me.”

“Yeah, I know…” William slightly laughed at her remark.

“Well, I have to get ready to go to school. You have a good day at work, you hear?”

“I hear, luv. Behave.”

“Likewise.”

“Bye.”

“Bye…” he finally hung up when he heard the soft click on the phone, and then threw the cell against the bed. Her sweet voice oozed through his mind like water in a sponge, making his stomach abnormally lurch sideways. He sighed deeply and made his way out of bed and into the bathroom.

~*~*~*~

“Willow?” Buffy called out as the two girls walked into the beauty parlor after school. “What do you know about William?”

“Well… um, Oz told me that he came from New York about a couple of months ago,” Willow began as she sat down to wait for her turn. Buffy licked her lips, gripping her knees as she situated herself next to the redhead. “Oz wants him to join his band. He says that he’s a guitarist.”

“Wow, something I didn’t know,” Buffy whispered.

“What?”

“Oh, nothing…” Buffy blushed timidly.

“You know that he used to date Drusilla,” Willow stated as she stood up when she heard her name from the hair stylist.

“What?”

“What you heard,” Willow answered as she sat down where the stylist told her. Buffy gulped and pursed her lips tightly.

“Oh…”

“And I heard he has a liking for my sister, Tara,” she continued. Buffy smiled lightly, and thought, ‘No he doesn’t because he’s pursuing me!’

“Well, it’s been two weeks since I began talking to him, and he’s a very sweet guy,” Buffy blurted out unconsciously, slowly acknowledging Willow’s curious look. “What?”

“Nothing… Well, yes, I’m just going to tell you to be careful, and to choose wisely,” Willow implied, “A-and I’m not saying this to act like your mom, but I’m telling you as a friend. I really care about you, Buffy. You’re like a sister to me.”

“Thanks Wills,” Buffy sniffled and hugged her friend dearly. As she did, she heard someone clear their throat annoyingly. Buffy glanced up at the aggravated stylist and back away from Willow.

~*~*~*~

“Buffy, what are you doing?” Joyce asked as she stepped into Buffy’s room. Buffy turned quickly to her mother, wanting to hide the conversation she was having with William.

“Umm… talking to Willow and…” she stopped for a minute and as her mother walked away, she whispered, “… William.”

SlayerGal: (sigh) I almost got caught

LovesBitch: what do u mean… got caught?

SlayerGal: oh… I didn’t tell u… well, mom doesn’t like the idea of me talking so much online…

LovesBitch: oh… that sux

SlayerGal: I know… and my sis is gonna find out soon

LovesBitch: well, listen, I havta get up early 2morow and probably won’t be able to talk 2 u for a couple of days

SlayerGal: OH NO!!!!

LovesBitch: there’s a but! … but I can email u… does that sound good?

SlayerGal: sure! that sounds great

LovesBitch: that settles it then

SlayerGal: Will, where do u work

LovesBitch: umm… well, u promise u won’t laugh

SlayerGal: I promise

LovesBitch: I work at Winn Dixie downtown

SlayerGal: I’m not laughing

LovesBitch: that’s good

SlayerGal: well, I’ll let u go so u can sleep

LovesBitch: okay, ttyl and sleep well

SlayerGal: okay, likewise

LovesBitch: and… I’m gonna miss u

SlayerGal: me 2

LovesBitch: bye

SlayerGal: buh-bye

Once again, Buffy shut down her computer like any other night and went straight to bed, with William in mind.

~*~*~*~

“Stupid alarm clock,” Buffy murmured as she awoke the next morning; she was never the morning person. As usual, she turned on the computer to get her daily routine on. When her Internet was booted up, the mailbox opened up.

“You have one new message,” Buffy mocked the computer as she opened the mail. To her surprise, it was William.

From: WmConnor@hotmail.com
To: BSummers@hotmail.com
Subject: Hey luv

Hey Buffy, how are you? Well, you’re probably reading this in the morning or after school… whatever… I sound stupid, don’t I?

Anyways, like I promised, I emailed you… to tell you that you’re a wonderful girl and I enjoy your company (Well, not exactly because we haven’t seen each other in a while, but hey!) and I’m looking forward to talking to you soon.

I’m gonna miss you these couple of days.

Yours truly,

William

~*~*~*~

To Be Continued…

A/N: So, what do you guys think? Does the story deserve to be continued? Please let me know! I’m on the verge of pulling my hair out because I’m not receiving enough reviews! And for those who have, thanks so mush for the suggestions and the encouragement. It means a lot to me. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

-Jess
Love Out of the Blue by jessigurl18
AU: Buffy Summers was dragged by Willow to go to someone’s party… there she met handsome William Connor… They exchanged e-mails… began talking…(Based on a true story) Totally Spuffy! Please read and review!

~*~*~*~

Chapter Four: Love Out of the Blue

~*~*~*~

“Rummy!” Buffy cried as she laid down her cards on the table, revealing them to the people around. She victoriously glanced at Willow, Xander, Oz, and Cordelia, their faces caressing defeat.

“That’s the third time you beat us, Buffy! Where did you learn to play like that?” Cordelia whined as she stomped her foot three times. Buffy rolled her eyes at the brunette. They had been sitting at William’s house for two hours, playing cards and watching the adults talking at the front porch. Buffy constantly kept watching the clock, to know when William was due back from work.

“Buffy, what’s wrong? Willow asked, scooting closer to her friend.

“Oh, nothing. Don’t worry about it,” Buffy hastily retorted, not wanting to cause suspicion.

“Okay… if you say so…”

‘Fifteen more goddamn minutes… it feels like forever! Oh God, I’m getting the butterflies! Can this be true?’ Buffy interrogated herself as she stared at the old grandfather clock sitting next to the dining room table. ‘I think I’m falling in love with William Connor…’

“Earth to Buffy!” Willow called out, waving her hand in front of Buffy’s face. The blonde darted away from her thoughts and glanced at her friends.

“What?”

“We’re going to go to the Bronze. You want to come?”

“Nah, I’m going to stay here with my mom and talk to Mr. Giles and Jenny for a while,” Buffy stated as she watched her friends walk out the door and say their goodnights to the others.

“Buffy, come here for a moment, please,” her mother called from the front porch. Buffy stood at the doorway and stared at her mother for a moment and then at the married couple.

“What is it, mom?”

“Where’s Dawn?”

“Oh, she’s playing with William’s cousin, Connor, in the family room… the newest thing in the market,” Buffy said matter-of-factly.

“And what’s that?”

“Playstation 2…”

“Oh,” Joyce replied and continued to talk with the others.

Suddenly, the four spotted a car pulling up into the driveway. Buffy’s heart jumped in glee when she saw William stepping out on the driver’s side and waving at the family. He stepped up and gave a kiss to his mother, a pat on Giles shoulder and shook Joyce’s hand. When he glanced up at Buffy, her heart stopped.

“Hey Buffy,” he exhaled, feeling the shiver in his voice of how nervous he was. Buffy smiled mildly and threw her arms around him for a hug. William was shocked because of the impulse, but returned the hug dearly.

“Hi William,” she whispered into his ear and parted from him. His stomach lurched sideways as the two went inside to see the younger ones sitting in the living room.

“Hey Nibblet,” William greeted as he pat Dawn’s head paternally, and she smiled in return. He watched the two young ones fuss and fight over a game and couldn’t help but laugh. Buffy just smiled and surprisingly took William’s hand in hers.

William turned his head toward Buffy, not believing what had just happened. Buffy just kept smiling. She gave his hand a lit squeeze and let it go, walking to the kitchen. ‘Oh God, I am falling for her!’

~*~*~*~

The next morning, Buffy made her regular routine to walk up in the morning and check her email, and as always, William had written to her… but something was different about that particular day and Buffy felt it.

She started up the computer and went ahead and checked her mailbox. As always, there was an email from William waiting for her.

From: WmConnor@hotmail.com
To: BSummers@hotmail.com
Subject: Hello

It was really nice to see you tonight… when I first saw you I felt like my chest was burning and when you held my hand the fire grew even bigger. I don’t know what it is, but what I do know is that it feels really nice… it is a feeling that I’m not capable of explaining… something that I have felt only once in my lifetime.

I think I’m falling in love with you.

William

“OH GOD!”

~*~*~*~

To Be Continued…

A/N: So... what do you think? Thanks so much for those who have reviewed my story.

One reviewer asked me what ‘Winn Dixie’ is. Well, it’s a supermarket... like Publix or Wal-Mart... That sort of thing...

Again, thanks for the reviews!

-Jess
Waiting by jessigurl18
AU: Buffy Summers was dragged by Willow to go to someone’s party… there she met handsome William Connor… They exchanged e-mails… began talking… (Based on a true story) Totally Spuffy! Please read and review!

~*~*~*~

Chapter Five: Waiting

~*~*~*~

I think I’m falling in love with you.

She kept repeating it over and over in her head. She couldn’t believe it. William’s in love with me?

“No… this has to be a phony e-mail…” was all that she could say to herself. She rubbed her eyes frantically, wondering if this was a dream. She re-opened her eyes staring at the computer screen.

“It’s not a phony e-mail… he is in love with me!”

~*~*~*~

William swiftly walked into the Starbucks Coffee Shop, by requests of his stepfather, and leaned against the counter. He couldn’t believe that he emailed Buffy and told her that he was in love with her. The girl watching over the cash register smiled at the blonde.

“Hi, what can I get for you?” she asked.

“Umm, two regular coffees and three donuts to go.”

“William…” William turned around to see Buffy standing there, just staring at him with a weak smile. William curled his lips at the other blonde.

“Hi… how are you?” he stuttered as Buffy stood next to him. She licked her lips and stared up at him.

“I’m okay… how about you?”

“I’m just peachy…”

“I got your note…”

Oh God… William’s mind screamed as Buffy spoke. He gulped profusely and just blinked. William turned to the girl across the counter.

“Make that three coffees, luv.”

“I-I don’t know what to tell you…” Buffy finally remarked as the two sat down at a table by the window. The two had the coffee cups in hand, the other one close by. William just stared down at his hands; he felt too embarrassed to look at her.

“I know… I’m sorry that I even wrote you that email.”

“No… don’t be sorry about that. You told me what you felt for me… I would do the same thing if I had the guts…” William raised his head to meet her eyes. He couldn’t believe what she said. She’s shy!

“Tell me what you feel for me, Buffy,” William stated acutely, his voice becoming stern. Buffy searched his eyes for his severity, finding nothing but concern and curiosity. William leaned over the table, his eyes searching her green orbs and whispered, “What do you see in me, Buffy Summers?”

“I see an honest, trustworthy man that cares for the people around him… I person that just proved to me that he is really in love with me…” Buffy sipped her coffee lightly and continued to look at William. “That’s what I see in you, William Connor. What do you see in me?”

“The person that I’m in love with… the person that you say you are. You’re outgoing yet timorous, beautiful, fantastic personality, and love your family and friends.”

“Y-you see that in me?” Buffy suddenly began to blush furiously. William smiled.

“Yes…” Silence governed the table for a moment. Then Buffy decided to speak up.

“I need a little time, William.”

“I’ll be waiting for you, Buffy.”

~*~*~*~

“Buffy, where were you?” Joyce’s voice called out from the kitchen when Buffy entered the house. The blonde sighed deeply and stammered to the kitchen.

“I went to Starbucks. I needed some time alone…” she lied and went up the stairs. She closed her door shut and jumped in her bed. She really did need some time to think about what was going on… but maybe she was thinking too hard. Is this the guy? Am I sure about this? Is he Mr. Right?

Her mind jumbled together as she slowly fell into a deep sleep.

~*~*~*~

“Willow, so the movie is going to be at your house?” Buffy heard her mother talking to her best friend downstairs.

“Yeah, I’m inviting all of our friends over. If you want, you can come too, Mrs. Summers,” Willow remarked. Buffy strolled down the stairs and smiled at the redhead.

“Hey Willow!”

“Hi Buffy!” Willow shot up from her seat and grabbed Buffy’s hand and ran to the door. “Thanks, Mrs. Summers. We’ll see you later!”

“Bye girls!”

“What’s going on, Wills?” Buffy asked as she got in Willow’s car.

“I’m making a movie night at my house.”

“Oh… can I invite William?”

“Already invited. Oz told me he would talk to him…” Willow became pensive. “Buffy, is there something between you and that boy?”

“No! We’re just friends. How can you think that?” Buffy lied. There was something going on; she just didn’t want to say something yet.

“Oh, okay then.” Willow just continued driving down the road toward her house. Buffy rolled her eyes and sighed as she stared out the window, recalling the conversation she had with William that morning. His words came flooding back to her like rain; ‘I’ll be waiting for you, Buffy.’

“Buffy… earth to blondie!” Willow called out, waving her hand in front of Buffy’s eyes. Buffy ended her trance and turned to Willow.

“What?”

“Umm, we’re here… at my house…” Buffy turned back to the window to see the beautiful two-story Victorian house.

“Oh… sorry…” the girls stepped out of the car and quickly made their way through the lawn and to the porch. Xander lounged on the porch swing, snoozing as always.

Buffy and Willow rolled their eyes and opened the front door to reveal the group of people sitting in the living room, playing Pictionary and telling jokes to each other. Buffy’s face glowed when she spotted William with Oz, playing cards and having a conversation. The two boys raised their heads to the front door.

“Hey babe,” Oz greeted his redheaded girlfriend and kissed her softly. Buffy blushed as she stared at William with no expression on her face.

“Hey,” she whispered.

“Hi… Oz told me you were coming…” Damn it! Why does she do this to me?

“Yeah… Willow told me you were, too.”

“Okay, people, gather around!” Willow yelled over the voices. Everyone did as they were told and congregated in front of the TV. William took the corner of the couch, and Buffy slouched next to him. Shivers ran down Buffy’s back as the lights were turned off and the glow of the television illuminated their faces.

“This is going to be interesting,” Buffy groaned barely audible, sounding as a mumble, feeling William’s gaze burning against her cheek. Suddenly, she felt something cool against her hand. She glanced down for a minute and returned to the movie, but instinctively glimpsed again. William is holding my hand? Oh God!!

“What are you doing?” Buffy whispered into William’s ear. The bleach blonde pursed his lips tightly, and took his hand away from Buffys’. “No! I didn’t mean it that way!”

“Oh… I thought you didn’t want me holding your hand…” he whispered back.

“No… I do…” she smiled at him, her eyes shimmering from the television light. He took her hand in his, and turned to the TV, a smile widely expressed on his face. I think I’m going to like the Lord of the Rings after all!

*******

I’m falling on love with him… that’s all that ran through Buffy’s mind as the movie came to an end. I have to tell him somehow…

“Movie’s done!” Willow chirped as everyone began to stretch and yawn. There were some occasional screams and gasps throughout the movie but the blonde couple couldn’t concentrate on it.

“Well, thank for inviting me, Willow,” William stated as he stood up and looked at Willow and then at Buffy. The blonde stood up, walking William to the door. As he opened the door he gazed intently at the girl before him.

“I know you want me to wait, but I want to tell you this…”

“What is it?”

He leaned in toward her and whispered into her ear, “I love you.”

Buffy just nodded and kissed his cheek. After he was literally gone, Buffy walked back into the living room, where there was a group of guys playing poker on the floor and the rest sitting on the couch talking. Willow spotted Buffy and excused herself to meet the blonde.

“Buffy, you’re pale. What’s wrong?” Buffy stared at the wall and then at the redhead.

“He’s in love with me, Willow.”

~*~*~*~

“Good morning, Sunnydale! It’s six in the morning and ready for non-stop-“ the clock was knocked out abruptly by a swinging hand. William groaned hoarsely as he lifted his body to sit up.

“More like SunnyHell!” he grunted and reached for his laptop, turning it on. You have one new message, the computer read.

From: BSummers@hotmail.com
To: WmConnor@hotmail.com
Subject: (none)

I think I’m falling in love with you, too, William Connor.

-Buffy


~*~*~*~

A/N: What do you think? Anyone like it? Thanks for all of the reviews, guys. You guys are very supportive. Keep them coming!

-Jess
The Truth can Hurt by jessigurl18
Chapter Six: The Truth can hurt

“Buffy, wake up!” a voice shouted across Buffy’s room. The blonde shot up from under the covers, her eyes half open, and saw her younger sister with her hands on her hips and tapping her right foot. Buffy moaned as she slid out of bed.

“No…” she moaned, knowing it was another day of school. She pushed herself into the bathroom and shooed Dawn away. When she heard the door click, she ran out of the bathroom and turned on her computer.

From: WmConnor@hotmail.com
To: BSummers@hotmail.com
Subject: Hello Sweetheart

How is the most beautiful woman in the world? Well, I hope you are sound as you read this e-mail and that your well being is good. I’m just writing to you to let you know that I can’t stop thinking about you and that I can’t wait to see you again. You’re always in my dreams and I hope that they don’t go away. I don’t want you to disappear… I don’t want to lose you. You’ve stolen my heart and I don’t want it back.

I love you.

-William


Buffy smiled as she read the e-mail repeatedly. Her chest ached with force and hugged herself. “I think I love you, too.”

~*~*~*~

“Willow, I need your advice,” Buffy admitted as she sat next to her friend in her ceramics class. The red head looked up at the blonde in rarity.

“Is it about William?” she asked and turned to the clay before her. Buffy sighed and ducted her head in her arms.

“Yes… I think I’m in love with him…” Willow turned from the clay dough in amazement. Her eyebrow jumped up in curiosity.

“Well, are you sure? I mean…is this the guy you want to be with?” she asked as if she were her guardian angel. Buffy licked her lips tightly and sighed. She dug her face in her hands with frustration.

“It’s not that, Wills… I haven’t told my parents yet…” Buffy admitted and pulled her head up to meet Willow’s widened eyes.

“Buffy… Oh dear… you know how your mother is! And your dad?” Willow exclaimed silently, trying not to cause commotion.

“They don’t have the slightest clue, Willow!”

“You have to tell them that you like this guy and he likes you back, Buffy,” Willow admitted and turned off the machine she was working on. Buffy ran her hand through her hair and nodded.

“I should talk to them…”

~*~*~*~

Buffy fixed the hem of her shirt as she made her way up the flight of stairs and into the second story of her home. She knew her parents were in their room and it was the only time to talk to them together.

“Mom? Dad? Can I come in?” Buffy asked as she knocked on the door.

“Sure,” she heard her mother answered, and Buffy turned the knob to find her mother putting on some make-up while her father was fixing his tie.

“Where are you guys going?” Buffy asked curiously. Her mother, Joyce, smiled warmly as she turned to the sixteen-year-old.

“Well, your father invited me to dinner since our anniversary is tomorrow and we have to work,” she answered, returning to the mirror. Hank smiled as well and sat down on the bed to put his shoes on.

“Mom, dad, I need to talk to you guys…” Buffy began, her nervous tone rising. Joyce and Hank turned their heads immediately at her voice and nodded their heads.

“Umm… I don’t know where to start… Do you remember William Connor?” Buffy commenced, shivers running down her back as she spoke. Hank raised an eyebrow while Joyce nodded her head.

“Sure I do. What a wonderful boy he is. Hank, he’s Rupert’s step-son, the British man,” Joyce added as she sat next to her husband. Buffy pursed her lips, rearranging her words so she knew what to say.

“Well, he likes me… and I like him back… and we want to start talking…” Buffy mumbled, hoping that they didn’t hear the last part. The two parents’ eyes widened at the revelation.

“What? I will not allow it, Buffy…” Hank exclaimed, jolting up from his seat in disturbance. “You cannot date yet, young lady. You are only sixteen years old!”

“I like him, daddy… and I want to be with him… to get to know him better,” Buffy protested and turned to her mother, who was streaming wild tears. “Mom, why are you crying?”

“Because it’s your first boyfriend, dear. And I never expected it to come so soon…”

“Joyce, she is not courting with that boy.”

“Why not, dad? Tell me why?” Buffy screamed, her own tears springing out.

“Because you are not old enough young lady. I never liked the boy and that’s final,” Hank yelled and tottered into the bathroom, leaving Buffy crying madly. She stared at her mother, who had no expression on her face whatsoever, and withdrew a loud sob. She turned around and ran into her room, jumping on the bed with a loud thud.

She heard a soft knock on her window. Buffy looked up to see William standing there with a smile on his face, which suddenly disappeared when he saw Buffy crying.

“What are you doing here, Will?” Buffy asked as she let him in her room. William smiled warmly and took the girl in his arms.

“What happened?”

“I told my parents about us…” William raised an eyebrow at her disclosure.

“And I see the consequences… they don’t want us to be together,” William sighed, tightening his grip on Buffy.

“They are just overwhelmed… they will get over it…” Buffy uttered, hoping to herself that it would be true.

“I hope they do, love…”

~*~*~*~

A/N: Wow… Good Spuffy chappie there for you guys. Sorry this story hasn’t been updated for a while. I’ve been caught up with Falling Off the Deep End and To Love so Much, but I haven’t forgotten about this story. I hope you continue to love it!

-Jess
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=3281