Love Story by Bella
Summary: Buffy Summers is a freshman at New York University. Going to one of her classes she sees Spike Giles and has a weird daydream about him. Thinking of it as just a fantasy she brushes it off. Later when the daydreams become more vivid, Buffy gets to know Spike and her world gets a little more exciting.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 3616 Read: 3230 Published: 12/05/2008 Updated: 12/16/2008

1. Chapter 1 by Bella

2. Chapter 2 by Bella

Chapter 1 by Bella
Author's Notes:
This is my first story that I have posted! So please be kind and tell me what you think!
Buffy Summers stood in the doorway memorizing The layout of her room. She was going to miss Sunnydale, but going to New York was so much better. She was only leaving her mom and little sister. She would miss her mom and her cooking, but not much of her little sister. That was a plus of moving to the other side of the country.

“Buffy we need to go or we are going to be late!” Willow said trying to catch her breath between words. Buffy turned and a big grin lit up her face.

“I’m so ready!” Buffy bounded down the stairs, Willow right behind her. “Mom! We’re ready to go!” Buffy hollered. Joyce came walking out of the kitchen tears already welling in her eyes. “Oh mom don’t cry! I’m going to be home for Christmas! Before you can even blink it will be summer break!” Buffy went to hug her mom. Joyce waved her hand wiping her tears.

“Oh I know honey, but couldn’t you have picked a college a little closer to home?” Joyce ushered the girls out locking the door behind her. “It seems like you’re so eager to get away from me!” Joyce sighed.

“Oh gosh, mom! I explained that New York University is where I always wanted to go since I was a little girl! You had eighteen years to prepare yourself!” Buffy huffed buckling her seat belt. Joyce gave her the mom look. “Don’t give me that mom look! You should be proud! Your daughter got accepted and a full scholarship to NYU! I bet Mrs. Rawlins can’t say that about her stingy daughter!” That got a laugh from Joyce.

The rest of the ride to the air port was silent everyone in the car thinking about what the future held. Joyce walked to the terminal with Willow and Buffy already crying.

“Mom don’t cry, you are going to make me cry!” Buffy wiped at her eyes. Joyce pulled Willow and Buffy into a tight hug.

“I love you girls. Now you be careful and behave in New York! It’s a big city.” Joyce waved her finger, looking every part of the stern mother. “Call me exactly when you get to New York! I don’t care what time it is!” She kissed them both on the cheek and watched them board the plane before walking back to her car.



“Can you believe we're in New York?” Willow gasped at the city lights whirling by from the taxi cab window.

“It’s amazing, better than I ever imagined!” Buffy giggled.

“This is going to be the best adventure of our lives!” Both girls squealed and quickly stopped when the cab driver cleared his throat.



“I’m exhausted! Good thing classes don’t start until Monday.” Willow sighed collapsing on top of her bed. Buffy mimicked the action. “Did you get all of your things?”

“I hope so. I have my schedule, ID, books, pens, pencils, notebooks, you name it, I got it! That’s all I need right?”

“Yeah I have all of the same stuff! So you never told me what classes you had!”

“Oh! Let me find my schedule!” Buffy walked over to her purse pulling out a white piece of paper. “Let’s see I have Mythology on Monday no classes Tuesday or Wednesday. Thursday I have English and Psychology, Friday I have Calculus and Biology.” Buffy put her schedule back in her purse. “What do you have?”

“I have all of the same classes except Art History instead of Mythology. At least we won’t be alone!” Willow sat up “I’m hungry!”

“Me too, do you want to go to that cute little café that we saw on the way here?” Buffy got up slipping on her shoes.

“Yeah it looked like the Espresso Pump in Sunnydale!” Both girls grabbed their purses and headed out the door.



“When are Xander and Anya going to be here? I thought their flight was today.” Buffy asked sipping on her mocha.

“I did too, I called Anya’s cell phone but it went straight to voice mail.” Willow munched on her bag of chips.

“Oh they are probably on the plane right now. Xander said he would call when they got to the apartment.”

“I hate that they get to live off campus!” Willow frowned.

“At least we have somewhere to escape to if the dorm life is as horrible as they say it is.”

“That’s a plus.” Willow agreed.

“Speak of the devils they’re calling right now. Hey Xand, how was the flight?” Buffy giggled knowing how her friend hated to fly. “Wills and I are just eating at a café, we unpacked already and got all of our stuff ready for classes!” Buffy smiled triumphantly. “Hey! I’m not a goody good!” Buffy laughed and then said good bye.

“Anya was yelling at him so he had to go.” They both giggled. “Ready to go?”



Buffy was nervous. It was her first day in a new everything and she was feeling a little over whelmed. She walked into the empty classroom, glad she was the first one there. She walked to the middle of the class room choosing a seat. She put her purse down grabbing her schedule and a notebook. Watching the steady stream of people walking in and taking seats she slowly began to calm down. Noticing the Professor at the front of the room she watched her as the professor unpacked her bag pulling out papers. She was a tiny woman with long gray her pulled back into a braid. She looked like a fun loving hippy with the skirt and shirt she was wearing, plus all the jewelry. Buffy looked back towards the door curious to how many more students were going to be in here. When she saw the blond hair, time seemed to slow down. He was beautiful that about summed him up. All the girls were looking at him as he sauntered in and sat in the front row next to one of his buddies she was assuming. The professor cleared her throat once everyone was settled.

“Hello my name is Professor Reinheart and this is Mythology, this semester we will be learning about many ancient cultures from Greeks to Native Americans. First I am going to take roll before I pass out the syllabus.” Buffy looked back at the shocking white hair and felt a daydream coming on. He was totally worth it though. Not paying attention Buffy did slip into a daydream. It was weird the people that were passing around her did not have the same fashion era as now. It looked like it was from the 40’s. She watched as the guy with platinum hair walked up to her in a green military uniform. Suddenly he was hugging her and wiping her tears away from her cheeks.

“Buffy Summers?” The Professor called out.

“Huh? Oh here!” Buffy raised her hand. She saw the platinum blond turn to look at her and furrow his brows and then turn back to start whispering to his friend.

Well that was rude! Buffy huffed and then turned to focus on what Professor Reinheart was saying.




“Hey Wills how was your first class?” Buffy asked slumping on the bed.

“It was so much fun! I met this girl Tara and she was so cool and cute!” Willow blushed. Buffy perked up smiling at her friend.

“Ooooh sounds juicy! Date material?” Buffy got giddy.

“Yeah I think so she seems really nice and smart. We might hang out on Saturday! We should all go to a club or something!” Willow perked up. “So how was your first day?”

“It was good the Professor Mrs. Reinheart seems really cool. She dresses like a hippy and wears a lot of jewelry. But it was weird I saw this really cute guy and like after he sat down I went into this daydream. I was in a different time era, I think the 40’s and the guy was in a military uniform and he was hugging me and wiping tears off my face. No sound or anything just the images. Then when the teacher called out my name he looked back at me and frowned at me like I offended him some how!” Buffy huffed after she was finished with her story.

“That is weird! I wonder why he frowned!” Willow furrowed her brows. “Maybe he thought you were someone else?” Willow offered.

“I guess, but he was so hot! Even if he is an ass!”

“Xander and Anya want us to go over to their apartment. Wanna go?” Willow asked.

“Sure I don’t have class tomorrow and nothing better to do!” They walked out into the hall way talking about their classes.

“Ooof” Buffy stepped back after some one knocked into her

“Sorry I wasn’t looking where I-“

“That’s alright.” The platinum blond from her class frowned at her again and walked off.

“See that was him! He frowned at me again! I don’t know what his problem is but I didn’t do anything to him! This is my first time in New York!”

“Buffy calm down! Maybe you can ask him next time you have that class!” Buffy nodded and stomped off not waiting for Willow.
Chapter 2 by Bella
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone who reviewed! They made my day!
“Hey mom its Buffy I was just calling you back, Dawnie said you were working a lot of over time at the gallery. Call me when you get a chance, love you bye.” Buffy hung up the phone already feeling a little home sick. “Hey Wills have you heard from your parents yet?”

“Nope and I don’t think they really care nor do I.” Willow looked up from her book frowning at the mention of her parents. “I considered Joyce my mom. I spent most of my life at your house anyways.” Willow shrugged looking back down.

“I don’t think my mom would want it any other way. Hey remember when we both got our period for the first time the same day? Mom was so happy that she spent the whole day shopping with us. Bringing us into woman hood was what she called it. I was just happy we got to skip school for a day.” Buffy giggled at the memory.

“Oh yeah and remember the time when I told your mom when I was gay? Oh God your mom was so ecstatic I thought she was going to tell the whole world.” They both giggled at the thought of Joyce bouncing around and hugging Willow.

"Remember what happened with poor Riley? He is probably scarred for life. Mom came running in with a broom and started hitting him! He ran out of the house pants around his ankles. Mom was shrieking so loud I think she woke up all of Sunnydale.” Buffy sighed “I’m really missing Sunnydale. People really do mean it when they say going away for college is hard.”

“Just think we have twelve more weeks until finals and then Christmas time.” Willow closed her book and put them in her bag.

“I think I’m gonna hit the sack. I have Mythology tomorrow. Oh joy!”

“I don’t think it will be that bad again!”

“I hope not, makes me feel like I did something wrong. One more dirty look and I’m confronting him.”

“Good night Buffy”

“Night Wills”



Buffy walked into her Mythology class smiling at Professor Reinheart when she looked up. She quickly went to the seat she sat in last time pulling out her supplies while waiting for the rest of the students to file in. Oh joy he is back. Buffy huffed and began to doodle in her note book.

“Okay class today we are going to start on Greek Mythology. A lot of people are familiar with them so I thought it would be best to start there. First we are going to have a project and I will be pairing you off randomly, yes I know this is a college course but I’m a little old school.” Professor Reinheart smiled at the grimaces in the class. “Okay first we have Ally and Dan.” She went on naming the pairs but Buffy was really just listening for her name praying that she wouldn’t get paired with Blondie.

“Buffy and William”

Buffy looked around trying to find this William. She looked at the platinum blonde and saw his blue eyes and she knew that it was him. After the Professor finished with the pairs the students got up and started to pair off. Buffy hesitantly walked up to Blondie.

“Are you William?”

“Spike.”

“Sorry?”

“My name is Spike.”

“Oh, well I’m Buffy.” Buffy stuck out her hand waiting for him to shake it. After a couple of awkward seconds she put her hand down. “Okay well if we’re going to be partners you’re gonna have to cooperate with me, I’m not going to do this whole project by myself.” Buffy got a little snarky after she saw a smirk forming on his face. Buffy plopped down into the seat not caring how it wasn’t very lady like. Waiting for Professor Reinheart to finish giving instructions Buffy examined her nails.

“What?” Buffy snapped looking at Spike.

“Just observing pet no need to get so mad.”

Oh God his voice is sexy

“Yeah well maybe I wouldn’t get angry if you were nice and didn’t give me dirty looks.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about pet, how about this we forget everything and start over? Sound good?” Buffy contemplated for a second before agreeing.

“Hello my name is Spike Giles I’m a sophomore here.”

“I’m Buffy Summers and I’m a freshman.” Buffy smiled feeling a little silly at starting over.

“So Buffy Summers are you from New York?”

“No I’m all the way from Sunnydale, California. Born and raised. You?”

“I was born in England and lived there until I was fourteen then I moved here to New York with my uncle.”

“Were you in the military?” Buffy blurted out. Spike furrowed his brow a little confused by the question.

“Uhm no, where did that come from?”

"Oh uh I thought I saw a guy that looked like you wearing a military uniform way back.” Buffy blushed when Spike smiled at her. He thinks I’m a ditz “So how about this Greek Mythology?” Buffy laughed nervously.




“Hey Buff how was Mythology? Did that guy give you any dirty looks?” Willow asked.

“Nope, but I did get paired up with him for our project. It was really awkward at first he was kind of rude to me then I told him he was being mean and we ‘started over’. He’s really nice though and has amazing blue eyes. Oh and this accent to die for! He’s beautiful.” Buffy went off in a daydream.

“Earth to Buffy!” Willow snapped her fingers jolting Buffy from her daydream of Spike. “Any weird daydreams about him again?”

“Nope it was probably because I was talking to him the whole time. Oh yeah his name is Spike.”

“Spike?”

“Well it’s really William but he goes by Spike.” Willow nodded understanding.

“Subject change, Xander and Anya want to go to this club tonight, I said sure since we both don’t have class tomorrow. Is that okay with you?”

“Sure I’m going a little stir crazy just sitting here.”




“Is this good?” Buffy turned to the side looking at her outfit in the mirror. Casual and sassy, just the way she wanted it. She had and dark blue skinny jeans with her shiny black stilettos on. The first couple of buttons on her black over shirt was undone so the red under shirt would show. Her blonde hair was in waves down her back.

“For the fifteenth time yes!” Willow sighed she applied her lip gloss and turned to look at Buffy. “What about me am I good?” Willow had on a white skirt that flowed out to her knees with a purple button up shirt and black flats on. Her red hair was flipped out making her look like a pixie.

“Yes you look super cute. Is Tara going to be there?” Buffy raised her eyebrows up and down.

“I don’t know.” Willow blushed.

“Oooh looks like someone’s in loooove.” Buffy laughed when Willow blushed even more.

“What about Spike, huh? I hope he shows up!” Buffy frowned at Willow and quickly changed the subject.

“So what’ the name of the club?”

“I think Calypso is what Xander said.”

“Never heard of it. He gave you directions right?”

“Yeah he said it was within walking distance from campus.”

“Well let’s get this party started!” They walked out the door looking forward to a fun night with friends.




Buffy and Willow stopped in front of the warehouse looking club with loud music coming out from the open door.

“I’m guessing this is it right?” Buffy watched people walk up to the bouncer paying the admission.

“I think so, the sign says Calyp-” Willow and Buffy laughed at the burnt out sign with only the first half of the name lit up. Willow and Buffy walked up to the bouncer paying the admission and were quickly assaulted by the smoky atmosphere.

“There’s Xander” Willow pointed in his direction. Buffy laughed at Xander who was waving wildly to get their attention.

“Hey Buff, Wills ready to get your groove on?”

“Not just yet I think I’m gonna sit and survey the crowd.”
Buffy took a seat next to Anya.

“Me too, I’m just going to wait for Tara.” Willow blushed again.

“Drinks anyone?” Xander hopped up. He took everyone’s order then got lost in the crowd. He came back five minutes later placed the drinks on the table then pulled Anya up and out to the dance floor.

“Oh there’s Tara!” Willow bounced in her seat waving at a blonde girl.

“Buffy this is Tara, Tara this is Buffy.” Tara smiled shyly.

“Hi Tara it’s nice to meet you.” Buffy smiled.

“Do you want to dance? I love this song” Tara asked. Willow nodded.

“Are you going to be okay Buff?” Buffy nodded and smiled when Willow grabbed Tara’s hand and led her to the dance floor. Buffy watched her friends dance for awhile until she saw bright blonde hair go up to the balcony. Deciding to be bold Buffy got up and followed Spike.

’Maybe we can get to know each other better.’

Buffy stopped on the top stair looking around for the bleached head. Not seeing him anywhere she leaned against the rail watching all the couples dance to the fast upbeat music. Leaning on the rail with her hands in her chin Buffy giggled at Xander’s silly dance antics. Closing her eyes briefly, Buffy opened them again to a whole new scene. Shooting upright Buffy looked around at the people and the different setting. It was the same club but not the same people or style.

’What the hell?!’

Buffy looked down over the railing and at the stage filled with a small orchestra and one man dancing around the stage. She read the banner over the stage that read USO in bold letters. Buffy began to panic and ran down the stairs, she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Spike coming towards her in a military uniform.
’Okay Buffy snap out of it!’ She pinched her arm discreetly trying to get out of her vivid dream.

“Hey luv I was looking all over the place for you.” Spike said. Buffy looked around the club watching the couples move and swing to the music. Closing her eyes she kept on chanting just a dream, wake up!

“Buffy are you okay?” Spike asked. Buffy opened her eyes again and saw Spike in normal clothes.

“Uhh yeah-h, why wouldn’t I be okay-y?” Buffy stuttered. She smiled to reassure Spike.

“I asked if you would like to dance and you just had a blank look on your face. Looked like you were going to be sick.”

“Now that you mention it I’m not feeling to well, will you do me a favor and tell my friends that I left? She’s the little red head over there.” Without waiting for an answer Buffy jetted out of the club.

What in the world just happened?




Buffy quickly closed the internet browser when she heard Willow’s key jiggle in the lock.

“Buffy are you okay? That guy from your Mythology class said that you left cause you weren’t feeling well. Why didn’t you tell me? I would have walked you home.”

“It’s okay I’m fine now, it was just to stuffy in there.”

Plus something totally weird happened.

“Wills how much do you know about that club?”

“I know that it’s a pretty old club. I think it’s been around since the late 30’s. it was a big Military club in World War II. Why?”

“World War II? Military?” Buffy spun around in her seat and opened another browser and typed in the club name and location. “Something way weird is going on!”
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=33123