Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first story that I have posted! So please be kind and tell me what you think!
Buffy Summers stood in the doorway memorizing The layout of her room. She was going to miss Sunnydale, but going to New York was so much better. She was only leaving her mom and little sister. She would miss her mom and her cooking, but not much of her little sister. That was a plus of moving to the other side of the country.

“Buffy we need to go or we are going to be late!” Willow said trying to catch her breath between words. Buffy turned and a big grin lit up her face.

“I’m so ready!” Buffy bounded down the stairs, Willow right behind her. “Mom! We’re ready to go!” Buffy hollered. Joyce came walking out of the kitchen tears already welling in her eyes. “Oh mom don’t cry! I’m going to be home for Christmas! Before you can even blink it will be summer break!” Buffy went to hug her mom. Joyce waved her hand wiping her tears.

“Oh I know honey, but couldn’t you have picked a college a little closer to home?” Joyce ushered the girls out locking the door behind her. “It seems like you’re so eager to get away from me!” Joyce sighed.

“Oh gosh, mom! I explained that New York University is where I always wanted to go since I was a little girl! You had eighteen years to prepare yourself!” Buffy huffed buckling her seat belt. Joyce gave her the mom look. “Don’t give me that mom look! You should be proud! Your daughter got accepted and a full scholarship to NYU! I bet Mrs. Rawlins can’t say that about her stingy daughter!” That got a laugh from Joyce.

The rest of the ride to the air port was silent everyone in the car thinking about what the future held. Joyce walked to the terminal with Willow and Buffy already crying.

“Mom don’t cry, you are going to make me cry!” Buffy wiped at her eyes. Joyce pulled Willow and Buffy into a tight hug.

“I love you girls. Now you be careful and behave in New York! It’s a big city.” Joyce waved her finger, looking every part of the stern mother. “Call me exactly when you get to New York! I don’t care what time it is!” She kissed them both on the cheek and watched them board the plane before walking back to her car.



“Can you believe we're in New York?” Willow gasped at the city lights whirling by from the taxi cab window.

“It’s amazing, better than I ever imagined!” Buffy giggled.

“This is going to be the best adventure of our lives!” Both girls squealed and quickly stopped when the cab driver cleared his throat.



“I’m exhausted! Good thing classes don’t start until Monday.” Willow sighed collapsing on top of her bed. Buffy mimicked the action. “Did you get all of your things?”

“I hope so. I have my schedule, ID, books, pens, pencils, notebooks, you name it, I got it! That’s all I need right?”

“Yeah I have all of the same stuff! So you never told me what classes you had!”

“Oh! Let me find my schedule!” Buffy walked over to her purse pulling out a white piece of paper. “Let’s see I have Mythology on Monday no classes Tuesday or Wednesday. Thursday I have English and Psychology, Friday I have Calculus and Biology.” Buffy put her schedule back in her purse. “What do you have?”

“I have all of the same classes except Art History instead of Mythology. At least we won’t be alone!” Willow sat up “I’m hungry!”

“Me too, do you want to go to that cute little café that we saw on the way here?” Buffy got up slipping on her shoes.

“Yeah it looked like the Espresso Pump in Sunnydale!” Both girls grabbed their purses and headed out the door.



“When are Xander and Anya going to be here? I thought their flight was today.” Buffy asked sipping on her mocha.

“I did too, I called Anya’s cell phone but it went straight to voice mail.” Willow munched on her bag of chips.

“Oh they are probably on the plane right now. Xander said he would call when they got to the apartment.”

“I hate that they get to live off campus!” Willow frowned.

“At least we have somewhere to escape to if the dorm life is as horrible as they say it is.”

“That’s a plus.” Willow agreed.

“Speak of the devils they’re calling right now. Hey Xand, how was the flight?” Buffy giggled knowing how her friend hated to fly. “Wills and I are just eating at a café, we unpacked already and got all of our stuff ready for classes!” Buffy smiled triumphantly. “Hey! I’m not a goody good!” Buffy laughed and then said good bye.

“Anya was yelling at him so he had to go.” They both giggled. “Ready to go?”



Buffy was nervous. It was her first day in a new everything and she was feeling a little over whelmed. She walked into the empty classroom, glad she was the first one there. She walked to the middle of the class room choosing a seat. She put her purse down grabbing her schedule and a notebook. Watching the steady stream of people walking in and taking seats she slowly began to calm down. Noticing the Professor at the front of the room she watched her as the professor unpacked her bag pulling out papers. She was a tiny woman with long gray her pulled back into a braid. She looked like a fun loving hippy with the skirt and shirt she was wearing, plus all the jewelry. Buffy looked back towards the door curious to how many more students were going to be in here. When she saw the blond hair, time seemed to slow down. He was beautiful that about summed him up. All the girls were looking at him as he sauntered in and sat in the front row next to one of his buddies she was assuming. The professor cleared her throat once everyone was settled.

“Hello my name is Professor Reinheart and this is Mythology, this semester we will be learning about many ancient cultures from Greeks to Native Americans. First I am going to take roll before I pass out the syllabus.” Buffy looked back at the shocking white hair and felt a daydream coming on. He was totally worth it though. Not paying attention Buffy did slip into a daydream. It was weird the people that were passing around her did not have the same fashion era as now. It looked like it was from the 40’s. She watched as the guy with platinum hair walked up to her in a green military uniform. Suddenly he was hugging her and wiping her tears away from her cheeks.

“Buffy Summers?” The Professor called out.

“Huh? Oh here!” Buffy raised her hand. She saw the platinum blond turn to look at her and furrow his brows and then turn back to start whispering to his friend.

Well that was rude! Buffy huffed and then turned to focus on what Professor Reinheart was saying.




“Hey Wills how was your first class?” Buffy asked slumping on the bed.

“It was so much fun! I met this girl Tara and she was so cool and cute!” Willow blushed. Buffy perked up smiling at her friend.

“Ooooh sounds juicy! Date material?” Buffy got giddy.

“Yeah I think so she seems really nice and smart. We might hang out on Saturday! We should all go to a club or something!” Willow perked up. “So how was your first day?”

“It was good the Professor Mrs. Reinheart seems really cool. She dresses like a hippy and wears a lot of jewelry. But it was weird I saw this really cute guy and like after he sat down I went into this daydream. I was in a different time era, I think the 40’s and the guy was in a military uniform and he was hugging me and wiping tears off my face. No sound or anything just the images. Then when the teacher called out my name he looked back at me and frowned at me like I offended him some how!” Buffy huffed after she was finished with her story.

“That is weird! I wonder why he frowned!” Willow furrowed her brows. “Maybe he thought you were someone else?” Willow offered.

“I guess, but he was so hot! Even if he is an ass!”

“Xander and Anya want us to go over to their apartment. Wanna go?” Willow asked.

“Sure I don’t have class tomorrow and nothing better to do!” They walked out into the hall way talking about their classes.

“Ooof” Buffy stepped back after some one knocked into her

“Sorry I wasn’t looking where I-“

“That’s alright.” The platinum blond from her class frowned at her again and walked off.

“See that was him! He frowned at me again! I don’t know what his problem is but I didn’t do anything to him! This is my first time in New York!”

“Buffy calm down! Maybe you can ask him next time you have that class!” Buffy nodded and stomped off not waiting for Willow.