Wilson's Mountain Diner Pt 3 Christmas and Beyond by LoobyLoo
Summary: After breaking at work for the holidays, Scandal hits Sir Rupert Giles, making Spike hopping mad.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 31969 Read: 26330 Published: 12/14/2009 Updated: 03/17/2010

1. Chapter 1 - Scandal!! by LoobyLoo

2. Chapter 2 - The Truth, the Whole Truth, and nothing but The Truth by LoobyLoo

3. Chapter 3 The Not-So-Sting-in-the-Tail by LoobyLoo

4. Chapter 4 Starting New Traditions by LoobyLoo

5. Chapter 5 Merry Christmas by LoobyLoo

6. Chapter 6 Happy New Year!!! by LoobyLoo

7. Chapter 7 Back to Work.......... by LoobyLoo

8. Chapter 8 The Beginning of the End by LoobyLoo

9. Chapter 9 So long.... by LoobyLoo

10. Chapter 10 - Thief! by LoobyLoo

11. chapter 11 The Final Episode by LoobyLoo

12. Chapter 12 Back to Carrisbrooke by LoobyLoo

13. Chapter 13 by LoobyLoo

14. Chapter 14 Wedding shopping by LoobyLoo

15. Chapter 15 Shopping done!! by LoobyLoo

16. Chapter 16 Here Comes the Bride by LoobyLoo

Chapter 1 - Scandal!! by LoobyLoo
Author's Notes:
This is for my loyal readers/reviewers,
Tammy, cordykitten, photographynut, MidnightGirl, guest, PaganBaby and Andy
you're the reason I write!! Thanks
Wilson’s Mountain Diner Part 3 Christmas and Beyond…


For Tammy, cordykitten, photographynut, MidnightGirl, PaganBaby, guest and Andy


Chapter 1 Scandal!!

“Cut, that’s a wrap everybody – we can all go home now!” Warren said. Everybody quickly left the hospital room studio and made for their cars, calling out ‘Happy Christmas’ to each other.

They had all been invited to a huge party at Joany’s house on the 26th of December, and they were all looking forward to it, as Joany threw great parties, but that was a good week away yet, and then they had a another week to get over it! On the times the soap should have been shown, the TV Company were putting on a big Christmas interactive talent show the first week, and the second week, they were going to show the ones who made it through.

“I’m bushed; shall we get a take-away tonight?” Spike asked.

“Fine by me – then I want a nice soak in the bath…” They both got into Buffy’s car and drove off the lot.

“Let’s pick it up rather than phoning for it, so instead of turning for home, carry on ‘til the next interstate exit, then we can go to the Golden Pagoda” Spike said.

“Ooh yeah…I love their BBQ spare ribs, nice and meaty!” Buffy said

“Usual – or something different?” Spike asked as Buffy pulled up outside the shop.

“Erm…oh I know what I’ll have, it was really nice last time, crispy lemon chicken, stir-fry Chinese vegetables, and some soft noodles – and the BBQ ribs”

“Okies, and I’ll have beef in black bean sauce, I’ll share your veg and noodles, and get some shrimp spring rolls, some egg fried rice, and…some of those pork, spring onion and ginger money bags, what we leave we can have tomorrow”

“Well in that case, get two portions of the veg, and some crispy duck with pancakes and dipping sauce, I’ve got Willow coming around while you’re out shopping” Buffy said. Spike nodded and went into the shop.

Twenty minutes later her came out with two brown carrier sacks and got back into the car. You could smell the star anise from the five spice powder and it was making them both feel extra hungry.

________________________


When they got indoors, Spike busied himself with getting plates and cutlery, while Buffy opened a bottle of wine and switched on the TV. Spike put everything on a tray and took it into the lounge.

He came into the lounge and noticed his father was on TV, running a gauntlet of paparazzi. It looked like they’d been waiting for him to come out of the theatre, where he ducked into a waiting taxi, with the photographers jostling each other to get his picture.

“Buffy, look, turn this up” Buffy looked and quickly grabbed the remote control and turned up the volume.

The screen went back to the news-reader and onto a new story.

“Damn, I wonder what that was all about?” Spike put the food tray down on the table, and automatically reached for his mobile phone in his back pocket

“Oh shit, I never checked my messages earlier, my phone’s been switched off all day…” All the time he was saying this he searched for his father’s number in the number menu, pressed and it began to ring.

“How many messages?” Buffy asked

“Nine – I don’t know what time they started – hold on, dad’s answered – dad? Sorry, I only just switched on my phone, we had an extra long day today filming, so what’s going on, I saw you on TV just trying to get away from the pap………………who? – No I don’t think so, anyway, what about her?.............I see, no I didn’t get to see a paper this morning………(Spike sat on the arm of the sofa) and is it true? What do you mean, you don’t know – well alright then, could it be a possibility? – It could, oh…………Yes, I do think we should meet – when? – No tomorrow’s fine…okay around lunch time, are you staying at the Waldorf? What’s your room number? Okay then, bye dad, yeah bye” Spike switched off his mobile and sat down properly on the sofa.

Buffy started to open the boxes of food. She didn’t like to ask what was going on, and knew that Spike would volunteer the information if he thought it right she should know. She started forking food onto plates.

“Want a couple of ribs?”

“Erm…just leave them in the box for me love – I suddenly don’t feel very hungry”

______________________


“No, I don’t believe it, not that nice man, he’s so nice, and not with her, I refuse to believe it! Buffy would know, you could phone and ask her tomorrow, she’s bound to know isn’t she?” Bernice Rosenberg said to her daughter.

“Mom! I can’t go around asking questions like that!” Willow said shocked at her mother should even ask her!

“Course you can, she’s your friend–“

“And Spike is ours, you will not ask her bubeleh, he will tell you if he wants” Ira said to his daughter.

Bernice opened her mouth to speak, but Ira fixed her with a look so she thought better of it and stayed silent.

______________


“I don’t believe it, it’s just some little tramp trying to get her name in the paper!” Joany closed the newspaper and threw it down with disgust on the coffee table.

“She doesn’t look like a tramp…who knows, maybe it is true, maybe it isn’t. Another drink love?”

Joany passed her husband her glass, saying,

“You can freshen this up for me – no more ice though” passing him her vodka and tonic

________________


Spike was up early – considering they didn’t have to work Buffy was surprised when she woke, looked at the clock (it was 7.20am) and said to Spike,

“Oh – the luxury of a lie-in, it’s great not having to- oh” She looked over her shoulder, but the bed was empty. It was then she smelt toast and coffee.

After twenty minutes of lying in bed waiting for him to come back with breakfast, Buffy got up and slipped her dressing robe on and went downstairs. There she saw Spike sitting at the breakfast counter looking ‘miles away’. The coffee jug was full, and there was a half eaten piece of toast in front of him.

“Baby…is everything alright?”

“Hmm – what – sorry love. Did I disturb you?”

“No, you’re being quiet as a mouse, I just woke alone, then when I smelt the coffee and toast, I thought you were making breakfast”

“I was”

“To bring back to bed I mean, so I lay there a while”

“Sorry, are you – “ he made to get up and make her something to eat.

“Sit down, I’m not hungry” Buffy said sitting opposite him

“No…me neither – “(he pushed the plate with the half eaten toast away from him)

“So, can I ask what’s wrong, is this to do with your dad?”

Spike heaved a big sigh and nodded.

“He’s been a right fucking – oh gods what was he thinking!”

Buffy stayed silent

“What time are you meeting him today?”

“I said lunchtime, but I’m going to phone him, I want to get things sorted as soon as possible”

“How…I mean is it something bad? – Could it involve court?”

“Yup, it could mean court, it could mean me loosing my inheritance, money, house the lot – Carrisbrooke all that dad’s worked for – it could all be gone in the twinkling of an eye, all because of some stupid – fuck! FUCK I COULD KILL HIM!”

Spike’s shouting made Buffy jump. She could see him holding the coffee mug in his hand like he wanted to launch it to the wall, smashing it, but Spike controlled his anger and put the mug down.

“I’m sorry love – you haven’t got a clue as to what’s gone on have you – I wasn’t shouting at you then, I was-“

“Hey – I know baby, come on, come here” Buffy went to him and cuddled him up, then she held his face gently and made him look at her and she said,

“You know, no matter what, I’ll always be here for you, okay, you understand? No matter how black a situation seems, this here with me will always be a safe haven for you, I promise”

Spike looked at her, and nodded – it also doubled his resolve that the news he was going to tell his father was more important than anything his father could tell him.

“I know baby – I love you – god Buffy I love you SO much!”

Buffy closed her eyes and gave him a big hug and said,

“And I love you too, very, very much, never forget that”

Spike smiled and kissed her.

“I promise, when I get back later – I’ll explain everything, okay, you see, I had some plans, and I just don’t want this thing with dad to ruin everything, that’s why I’m so mad with him”

“Tell me later – it’s bang on eight o’clock now, you phone your dad. I’ll tidy up, and drop you off in town, there’s some shopping I want to do and I don’t want to leave it to the last minute”

“How about, if we meet for lunch?” Spike said

“At your dad’s hotel?”

“Oh god no, the way I feel at the moment, he’d end up wearing not eating it…” Spike said rubbing his mouth thoughtfully.


“Where then – look, how about if I just meet you in the food court in the mall, we can take it from there”

“Okay – which mall?”

“Grand Parade – top floor take the bullet lift to floor 5 it opens in the centre of the food court at the back. I’ll sit on one of the stools by the fountain”
Chapter 2 - The Truth, the Whole Truth, and nothing but The Truth by LoobyLoo
Chapter 2, The Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth…



Spike entered the Sunnyvale Waldorf hotel and made straight for the elevator. When it arrived he pressed for the fourth floor. The doors slid shut and he began to go over in his mind again what he was going to say to his father.

The elevator stopped and the doors slid quietly open. Spike walked out into the corridor. Outside one room was a washing cart with cleaning material on a shelf. Spike walked passed just as the house-keeper was coming out.

“Have you done room 405 yet please?” Spike asked politely.

“Um, no sir, there’s a ‘Do Not Disturb’ notice on the door”

“Right, thanks” The woman nodded and pushed her cart down to the next room. Spike stood outside room 405 and knocked.

“Can’t you bloody well read woman, it says ‘Do Not Dis- oh it’s you…(Rupert wearing his night attire and a dressing robe opened the door with an angry flourish, ready to admonish the cleaning woman, but stopped when he saw it was his son, he turned and walked back into the room, Spike followed and shut the door behind him.

“I thought you said lunchtime” Rupert said.

“Well I want to know what’s going on – I was filming all day yesterday, and the phone was off. Like I said when I phoned you last night, I was just bringing the supper into the lounge, when I saw you ducking into a taxi outside the Alpha Theater – closely followed by the paparazzi. By the time Buffy had turned it up, it was onto a new story.

Rupert looked at his son and sat down on the bed, Spike sat on the dressing-table stool.

Rupert patted his pocket and took out a pack of cigarettes, and went to light one.

“What – smoking - dad you gave up 6 years ago!” Spike said frowning.

“It’s my nerves…I’ve got to do something, it’s too early for a drink…!” Rupert said dejectedly.

“Good god is it that bad, now tell me from the beginning…”


______________________


Buffy wandered through the ‘Books and More’ store with half a dozen of the top ten best-seller paperbacks in her basket. She then selected two rolls of Christmas gift-wrap, and some sticky tape and labels.
She carried on through to where the magazines and newspapers were sold, and bought a thick glossy magazine called ‘Homes and Gardens’. It was the December issue and had lots of tips for making decorations, recipes for Christmas dinner leftovers and such. It was there she spotted a newspaper with a picture of a very beautiful woman on the front, with the headline
‘My night of passion with an English Knight’. She couldn’t resist and went over and picked it up, the irony wasn’t lost on her that it was the same newspaper that had run the story on Spike and Dru.

Putting down her basket Buffy opened the paper to page 3, where the front story continued. Her eyes went huge when she saw the woman from the picture on the cover standing in what looked like a conservatory of a big house. She was also pregnant.

Buffy heard a discreet cough and looked up to see a store worker looking at her standing there, reading the paper, so Buffy quickly closed it and was just about to put it back on the shelf, when on impulse she dropped it on top of her other goods in the basket. She could read it in the food court and ditch it just before Spike came to meet her; after all, he said he’d phone her when he entered the mall.

_______________

“So this, this Delilah…I don’t understand when you say you MIGHT be the father, I don’t want to know about your sex life dad, but – I thought you didn’t go in for one-night-stands”

“I don’t, that’s just it – I remember meeting her at Hugo Frobisher-Norton’s dinner-party, we shared a cab back to the hotel afterwards, and then I went to her room for a nightcap – and…that’s all I remember” Rupert said.

“So you don’t remember if you…well, you know – you don’t remember?” Spike found this hard to believe, and said so.

“How can you not know if you had sex or not – you weren’t drunk were you – you said you’d been to one of Froggy’s dinner bashes – they can be quite boozy affairs I know, but how did you – you… ‘perform’ if you were blotto? – NO – don’t answer that, it was a rhetorical question…” Spike had suddenly thought about what he’d said, and held his hands out in front of him.

“I keep trying to tell you, look, the room was very warm, I was tired, I’d drank the best part of a bottle of Burgundy, I’d had a dry sherry aperitif, and a large brandy after dinner, so I wouldn’t say blotto, just pleasantly mellow”

Spike sighed, he was leaning forward with his hands clasped, his forearms resting on his thighs. He sat up, looked behind him and rested his elbow on the dressing table.

“So if you weren’t drunk, there’s even more reason to think something odd went on – go on, so then what, you got to her room, it was warm and you’d already had a fair bit to drink – and?”

“We get to her room, it’s warm, I’d had a drink -and nothing”

“You MUST remember something...” Spike persisted, but Rupert shook his head in denial.

“Nope – I came to, I was undressed, totally naked lying in bed next to her – I don’t remember how or when I got there”

“Then you were drugged” Spike said, leaning forward again.

“Drugged – you think?” It was something that Rupert hadn’t considered.

“Well if you weren’t drunk, and you don’t remember how you got in bed, undressed and such, then you must have been. Did you have a drink when you got to her room, or did you take anything by mouth after you left Froggy’s place?” Spike asked

“No I didn’t, I think she said something about having a nightcap but – hang on…” Rupert rubbed his forehead.

“What?”

“She gave me her after dinner mint”

“She gave you her…” Spike began

“She took it out of the wrapper, turned to me and said, ‘I couldn’t eat another bite, you eat that for me,’ and she put it in my mouth – do you think it was doctored?”

“Well – wouldn’t that be down to Froggy – is he in the habit of giving out doctored mints? – Tell you what, get this Froggy on the phone will you – seems he’s got a few things to answer for” Spike said

“But it’s only 8.45”

“I don’t care, this is very important!” Spike spluttered indignantly.

“Okay, okay…where’s my phone…” Rupert opened the nightstand and took out his mobile, found his glasses, looked up the number and pressed.

“Give it to me…” Spike said waggling his fingers at his father. Rupert passed him the phone and Spike asked,

“How long ago was this dinner party anyway?” Rupert dipped back into the bed-side drawer again and come out with his desk diary.

“Ah, now I can tell you the date exactly – where’s my diary…I was playing King Lear at the Garrick Theatre…it was………(he flipped a few pages and spotted what he wanted September the 16th!”

“The 16th of September, okay now, shush, he’s answered…hello…hello Froggy?(In the background, dogs could be heard barking)....This is Sp – I mean William Giles here…yes that’s right, Rupert’s son, yes, yes I DO know what time it is thanks………this dinner party you had three months ago………yes you do, dad was playing Lear at the Garrick…it was the 16th of September - yes, that’s right, THAT dinner party, you had a guest there called Delilah…Delilah? – Dad – what was her surname?....(Rupert shook his head and shrugged) Froggy came to the rescue and said, ‘Charles.’ Charles, that’s it…how well do you know her? – Ha, I wouldn’t bet on it! Spike looked over to his dad and said quietly, he reckons not as well as you know her – I told him don’t bet on it! Ow…silly sod’s dropped the phone now…(in the background you could still hear the dogs barking) ………yes Froggy, I’m still here………I’ll tell you why, coz she’s pulling a fast one, that’s why, she’s no more pregnant by my father than she is by you! What – no, she’s not saying that…well I don’t know she’s not saying that, I haven’t read the papers…is that right, well I don’t want to know…Froggy…Frog – FROGGY listen up will you – she’s pulling a fast one, she wants to get her hands on dad’s money – where do you know her from?
Uh huh…uh huh…I see. Yes, I do think that’s all – oh, one more thing, where do you get your after dinner mints from? – You what? You don’t, coz Mrs Froggy thinks they’re passé………okay then, thanks bye!”

Spike pressed end, and passed the phone back to his father.

“You were right, seems to be the mint – Froggy just said his Mrs doesn’t like or serve after dinner mints, thinks they’re passé. And when I asked where he knew her from, he said that she was Dickie Reinhart’s date, but at the table she seemed to latch onto you. Dad…dad are you listening to me?”

“Hmm- oh yes, Dick Reinhart…he was co-producer of the play along with Sandra Maybury…”

“Have you spoken to Farquhar? You might need a good lawyer” Spike said

“Um, no – no I haven’t – I thought I might give Edward Dempsey a ring”

“Who’s he?” Spike asked

“Well, he’s my solicitor back in England – I thought he’d know more about the English law as regards Carrisbrooke, titles and stuff like that”

“Dad…before you run off selling the family jewels, consider this, she’s pulling a fast one, don’t fall for it. Bloody hell – at your age I’d have thought you’d got more sense!”

“What do you mean, at my age – who do you think you’re talking to, huh? – I feel it’s like you’re the father and I’m the son here!”

“Well it’s not, I’m the son and you’re my 50 year old father who should know bleeding better!”

“I’m 49, NOT fifty – and how dare you – oh fucl what now?.....Hello?” Rupert Flung the room door open as it had been knocked.

“Er, excuse me sir, but is everything alright, only there have been one or two concerns that there’s loud voices and um, arguing coming from here?” The hotel under-manager stood there looking slightly embarrassed.

“Oh, sorry, it’s my son, things have got a little heated, will you apologise to the other guests for me”

“I certainly will sir, well if you’re sure you’re okay”

“Yes, fine thank you, and um, sorry again for disturbing everybody,” Rupert said going slightly red himself.

“Very good sir, good morning” the manager turned on his heel and left.

“Nosy bastard” Spike said

“He was just doing his job”

“All I was trying to say was, before you start thinking about paying this woman off, there’s loads to consider – blood tests for one, and I think you ought to tell the police”

“What about – the night I came back to a beautiful woman’s hotel room and can’t remember a damn thing about it, now she says she’s three months pregnant by me?”

“Well, yeah. Tell them you don’t remember doing the deed, you weren’t drunk, and about the mint”

“But I’ll feel stupid”

“Fuckin’ ‘ell dad, feeling stupid the last of your bloody worries!”

“Don’t use that language to me”

Spike sighed and said

“Meanwhile, I’m going to do a little digging on this Delilah Charles myself”

“Don’t you start upsetting people!”

“I won’t – now remember what I said, report it to the police, coz when she’s being done for fraud, it’ll look better for you straight away and things will have already been investigated with any luck”

Rupert looked pensive, but he nodded his head.

“Promise me”

“I promise – now remember what I said, coz I don’t want any more trouble, especially not from her…her…” Rupert held his forehead and sat down heavily on the bed.

“Dad? – Dad what’s wrong?” Spike let the room door close and he raced over to his father, kneeling in front of him.

“I just…I thought it was a dream”

“What, thought what was a dream, what are you on about?”

“I saw…a big guy, huge, massive shoulders…he’s taking my jacket off”

“Where – when – dad when was this?”

“I don’t know…in a room…I could see…I don’t know, I can’t see it properly…big…dark – in front of me…I kind of whump down on something soft…and this big guy is taking off my jacket”

“This is good dad, this proves you were drugged – try and think”

“I AM trying…I can see this guy, but not his face…I feel heavy, I can’t walk…WARDROBE!” Rupert suddenly shouted out. Spike nearly fell backwards with shock.

“Bloody hell, make me jump!” Rupert grabbed spike by the shoulders and said,

“The big dark thing, I think this guy drags me over to the bed and starts taking my jacket off, I’m sitting opposite the wardrobe!”

“A guy and not a girl?”

“There’s talking I’m sure…but that’s all I’ve got”

“Great, look I’m calling the police, I’ll tell them on the desk when I go down to expect the police but not to worry okay”

“Can’t you stay?”

“Well…there’s things I wanted to do…but – okay, what the heck”

____________________

“See dad, I told you they’d take you seriously – and did you hear what they said, you aren’t the first this has happened to, and you certainly won’t be last. Oh hold on, let me see who this is…ahh…how nice, it’s the ‘lady herself” Spike held out his phone, with a number he’d got from the co-producer of his father’s play flashed up, Delilah Charles

“I believe you wanted to see me” A smooth rich voice met Spike’s ears

“Yes, I do” Spike said, matter-of-factly.

“How nice…you could come to me, I have a window this afternoon between my Pilates at three and Meditation for the Expectant Mother at five thirty – could you come for 4 o’clock?”

“No, I couldn’t, you get your skinny arse over to the Waldorf NOW or the newspapers are really going to find out who you really are”

“I BEG your pardon?”

“You heard me, here NOW – in the next hour, or else”

“Don’t you DARE threaten me!”

“Look love, I don’t care who you’ve got with you, backing you or whatever, but if you think you’re blackmailing my father into paying you then you’re sadly mistaken”

“I do not WANT your father’s money, but I do want to be treated fairly, he has a stately home, a title – he chose to impregnate me and-“

“And bollocks love, didn’t he tell you, he had a vasectomy in 2001, he was getting re-married and the lady to whom he was marrying didn’t want children, so just do as I say, and GET”

“Spike!” Rupert gasped at this lie.

Spike ended the call.

“Think that’s done the trick – now all we have to do is get Farquhar round here – and I better phone Buffy and tell her I’ll be late”
Chapter 3 The Not-So-Sting-in-the-Tail by LoobyLoo
Chapter 3

The Not-So-Sting-in-the-Tail


“So if I’m not there by two o’clock, carry on home okay love – I just want to get things sorted”

“Sure – see you later” Spike ended the call to Buffy.

There was a discreet knock at the door and Spike opened it to see Farquhar standing there.

They barely had time to put him in the picture (although he did say he’d read the paper the day before and got the gist of things, before there was another knock.

Spike opened it, and a tall woman, wearing a Prada dress and long coat, Treacy fedora hat and dark glasses stood there. Behind her was a typical LA bodyguard, black suit, white tee shirt, wide as he was tall, bald and also wearing dark glasses.

“You can wait outside mate” Spike said, but the woman said,

“He’s my lawyer”

“A likely story…but…” Spike opened the door wider to let him in. He then walked across the room, folded his arms across his chest and regarded the two for a moment.

“Right, we’ll get straight to the point, this ‘stunt’ for want of a better word your pulling, it won’t wash” Spike said standing next to his sitting father and Farquhar the lawyer.

“Like I said to you on the phone, it isn’t a ‘stunt’ as you call it, you’re father-“

“And I told you he’d had the snip”

“I’m sorry?”

“The snip, a vasectomy, had his little swimmers curtailed, his tadpoles-“

“Alright William, we get the message!” Rupert said between gritted teeth.

“Well then, how come I’m pregnant then?”

“Second coming of Christ perhaps, you know, immaculate conception? – No? – Okay then, well ask yourself who else you had sex with – or did you use a turkey-baster? – And um, another thing, you said you weren’t after dad’s money, well, that’s good coz he hasn’t got any, Carrisbrooke takes up every red cent he can earn, and titles – you should have read up on the law, love”

“I’m not your love, how dare you speak to me like this!” She whipped off her glasses and glared at Spike.

“The ENGLISH law, and then you’d have known that all this was for nothing anyway, coz even if he had made you pregnant, the titles goes to the first born, that’s me, and then any children I choose to have. So all in all you’ve wasted your time”

The woman looked at Farquhar and said,

“Are you his lawyer?”

“I am”

“And is he telling the truth?”

“About?”

“Any of it, about the titles and such”

“Oh yes…at best any second offspring might be able to call themselves ‘The Honourable – such and such, but not if they’re a bastard”

The woman took a sharp intake of breath and placed a hand on her chest, as though shocked.

“There’s no need to use language like that!”

“Madam, I’m using the correct terminology as regards the English law, a child born out of wedlock is regarded to be a –“

“Alright, don’t say it again, God, I thought you lot had moved on from the middle ages!”

She then eyed her ‘bodyguard/lawyer’ and hissed

“YOU should have read up on this!”

“I take it that we won’t be hearing any more nonsense from you”

“It’s you!” Rupert said standing up. Everybody turned to look at him, and then the bodyguard Rupert was pointing to.

“It’s me what?”

“You that took my jacket off – undressed me and put me in bed!”

“What – you told me he’d never know, you said the drug was safe and he’d never know!” the woman banged on the big guy’s chest with her fists.

“Dad, call the police”

“No! Look, I’m sorry, I’ll go – please don’t involve the police” the girl looked stricken and worried now.

“Why shouldn’t we – what you’ve done is tantamount to fraud” Rupert said.

“I made a mistake”

“Huh, too bloody right you made a mistake, your first mistake was thinking my dad was one of those bloody chinless wonders, happy to have pulled somebody like you and for you to be pregnant – well you picked on the wrong person!”

“I’ve said I’m sorry!”

“Oh, and that makes it alright does it? You haul his name through the mud and then say sorry it was a mistake – boy do you take the biscuit!” Spike dropped his arms and shook his head incredulously.

The woman started crying, and this annoyed Spike.

“Oh for goodness sake, you can switch off the water-works for a start! I don’t know how you hoped to get away with it, we would have insisted on blood tests anyway”

“She was going to get me to drug either him or you and take some blood so the DNA would have matched”

“Dawson, shut up!” the woman hissed through her tears.

“No – and you’re right. We did drug you” the bodyguard said.

“It was on the after dinner mint wasn’t it – what was it – the date-rape drug, Rohipnol was it – coz dad’s been having flashbacks?” Spike asked.

The bodyguard’s brows shot up in surprise.

“You’ve done your homework I see”

“Yes mate, and if you’d have done yours, you’d have known that Mrs Froggy’s – Hugo Frobisher-Norton’s wife doesn’t serve after dinner mints, she thinks they’re passé.

“What do you want us to do?” A red eyed, drippy-nosed woman asked quietly. Spike handed her a tissue and said,

“Get a retraction printed, I won’t have dad’s name be-smirched like this, we want a full apology and how, I mean we want to see a proper, grovelling apology, how sorry you are for dragging dad’s name through the mud, wrongly accusing him etc”

“Can we do that Dawson?”

“I’ll see what I can do”

“You WILL do it, else you’ll be reading how a waitress-cum-wannabe actress committed fraud”

“How did you know I-“ The woman trailed off.

“Lucky guess, you have two days – now both of you, go – my father is working and has to prepare himself for tonight’s performance”

The two turned to leave and the woman said,

“I only ever wanted to…well, to be a somebody” They left and closed the door behind them.

“I do think it was rather rash of you to let her off like that” Farquhar said.

“Was I dad? Did you want it dragging through the courts?”

“No…as long as they keep their side of the bargain”

“Well if they don’t, I will keep mine. Now, there was one other thing I wanted to do…ah yes, I’ll take these, you won’t be needing them” Spike picked up the half pack of cigarettes off the table.

“William – I’m old enough to smoke if I want to!”

“Not the way you get bronchitis in the winter – ‘to be or not to’ (cough, cough, cough) be, whether it is nobler (cough, cough, cough)” Spike said grinning.

“William I’ve never done that!”

“Maybe not, but if Dr Snickert finds out that you’re back on the fags, he’ll quadruple his fees just to see you” Spike warned, and Rupert sighed.

“That’s true…it’s just I feel all…blugh! Nervy and stuff!”

“Try the old patches – been on them four months now since I had the accident, just slap a new one on every morning, don’t even think about smoking now” Spike said with a grin.

“I think I can cold-turkey it…it’s only been 24 hours” Rupert sighed.

“Well then. Now dad, another matter before I go”

“If you’ve no need for me then I too must be off” Rupert shook hands with his lawyer, and so did Spike, then Farquhar left.

“So what is it?”

“Well dad, I’m 28 nearly – and I’ve been thinking………”

_______

“So you’ve no objections what so ever?” Spike asked smiling.

“None, got to be your choice, son!” Rupert said.

“Of course, good, well, something else I must do then…bloody hell, would you look at the time! Break a leg tonight”

“Thanks Will…and thanks for-“

“Ah go away, got to look after me old man ain’t I?”

“And I keep telling you, I’m not that old!”

“See you later dad, bye!”

Spike looked at his watch, it was 2.20pm, Buffy would be home by now, or nearly home – so he could safely go where he needed to go without the danger of being seen…………
Chapter 4 Starting New Traditions by LoobyLoo
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the delay, we've had a child in hospital
Chapter 4 Starting New Traditions………

“…………You should have seen her face, as soon as I said that she should have read on the English law, about titles and such only going to the first born, and Farquhar came out with that any other children would be lucky to be able to call themselves ‘The Honourable’, but not if they were a bastard – which is the correct terminology used in the law she crumpled – pounded her fists on this big guys chest.

“She’d got a nerve!”

“I’ll say, anyway, did you get what you wanted shopping wise?”

“Uh huh. But…um…where’s your Christmas shopping?!” Buffy asked as innocently as she could.

“Ah, you mean where are your presents?”

“No! Yes!” She grinned at him.

“I knew you’d go mooching, so I sent them on to Father Christmas”

“What’s mooching?”

“Searching and looking for them, so you could have a prod, poke, shake and feel of them!”

“I wouldn’t!”

“Oh yes you would you little madam – anyway, don’t you worry, they’re safe”

“So I’ve got more than one?”

“Might have”

“More than…two?”

“Not saying”

“Tell me”

“No…..and you can get that look off your face too!”

“What look?” Buffy did her best to look totally innocent.

“That, ‘I’m totally innocent – but I’m gonna get it out of him if it kills me’ look!”

“Don’t know what you mean!” Buffy said trying hard not to smile.

“I think you do – come here you little minx!” Buffy squealed as Spike caught her around the waist, flipped her up over his shoulder fireman style and smacked her butt!

“Let me go!”

“Nope, not until you promise to be good!”

“I’m always good!”

“Hmm…depends”

“On?”

“What’s at stake. You gonna be a good little girl, remember, Santa’s watching you, he might just by-pass this house if you’re naughty?!”

“He wouldn’t dare – not if he wants a glass of milk and a cookie” Buffy said matter-of-factly!

“Glass of milk and a cookie? – He’ll be giving this place a wide berth for sure if that’s all you leave him! No, He wants a nice large brandy and a mince pie at least!”

Spike let her down and put his arms around her.

“Mincemeat, did you track some down?”

“No…but I got the ingredients to make some – might not be so good as it should mature really, but you’ll get the idea, sweet, fruity, spicy and boozy”

“So you want Santa DUI?” Buffy shook her head and continued,

“It’s YOU that’s naughty!”

They stood cuddling for a few minutes saying nothing, until Buffy said,

“Spike”

“Yes love?”

“Should we invite your dad for Christmas lunch – I didn’t think”

“I asked him what he’s doing, and he promised one of the cast he’d go to them. He’s coming to Joany’s party the day after Christmas though”

“Good. She throws great parties does Joany!”

“I’m starving, missed lunch – any ham left in the fridge love?”

__________________

“Oh god I can’t believe mom kept these still – we must have made them when I was about 7 or 8!”

Buffy held up a choir boy made out of a paper cone and a paper ball for a head. Two semi- circles fringed with lashes and a little ‘o’ for a mouth made the face, and a little pipe-cleaner hands held a hymn book.

“Aww sweet, put it here, next to the ‘Baby’s first bauble” Spike said. Buffy put on the tree and dipped back into the box and came out with a little plastic snowman.

“Oh God, this was nana’s!” Buffy said hanging it gently on the tree smiling fondly, her smile turned to a frown when she saw the state of the fairy, however.

“Oh, but look at Tinkerbelle…she’s seen better days”

“All she needs id a new dress – it’s easy to make one out of crepe paper, I watched Nanny make lots of little tutu’s for some little girls to play cygnets back at Carrisbrooke years ago – she just got a long strip of white crepe paper, folded it in half, did a running stitch along the folded edge and pulled up the gathers, pinned it around the girls and it looked like a real sticky-out ballet dress! They wore white swimsuits underneath and had to dance about the garden like baby swans, they looked really good too.”

“I’ll get Willow to help me tomorrow, she loves messing with glitter and card and stuff” Buffy said

The doorbell rang.

“That’ll be the pizza – money’s on the hall table pet, tell him to keep the change”

Spike made sure all the bulbs were in tight on the string of fairy lights, and then draped them over the tree.

Buffy came back into the lounge with the pizza box, sides, and ice cream.

“I’ll just put this in the freezer until we’re ready” She said, indicating the ice cream.”

Have draped the lights, Spike plugged them in, and stood ready at the power switch

“Ready, then? – Three, two, one -!” He flipped the switch and the tree light up with multi-coloured lights. Spike adjusted them slightly and stood back and asked,

“Well what do you think?”

“Oh Spike! It looks very pretty – now come on, food’s getting cold!”

_____________


Spike got into bed, Buffy was in the bathroom. He lay there on his side, head propped up on his hand, his elbow on the pillow.

Buffy came in the room and slipped off her robe, she was naked and slipped into bed beside him.

Immediately he reached for her and kissed her. Buffy responded eagerly, hooking her leg over his hip.

Spike kissed her again, and then he moved to her neck, knowing the spots that got her hot, softly bite-sucking, but not enough to leave a mark. She urged him her body surging forward at the feel of the suck on her neck below her ear, and where her neck joined her shoulder.

“Please, more” she begged him and Spike happy to oblige laid his lady love on her back, kissing down the slope between her pert breasts, sucking her nipples in turn, making Buffy writhe and moan with pleasure. His hand skimmed over her stomach, down to the soft scrub of her neatly trimmed curls, her legs parted for him and he teasingly slid his fingers back and forth over her outer labia making her very wet. She bucked up, but maddeningly Spike kept on teasing.

Buffy pulled his head to her and caught his lips in an searing hot kiss, her tongue battled with his for supremacy, she tore her mouth from his and bit his neck, sucking and Spike could feel the pull of her suck – he was as hard as steel, the tip weeping it’s sticky fluid. Buffy’s small fingers gently closed around him and she slid her thumb back and forth over the tip, her thumb circling where his foreskin was attached driving Spike wild, she let his shaft go and reached lower, cupping his balls and softly rolling them. He moved between her legs and took himself in hand, lining up at her wet entrance, before surging forward and burying himself inside her heat. Buffy cried out arching her back as he surged inside her, again and again, going deeper with each thrust. Buffy keened, begged him harder, faster, and Spike was happy to oblige, until he felt the first involuntary clench of her inner muscles, her eyes glazed over and she begged him not to stop, Spike reaching the point of no return swiftly coming in short hard gasps as he rode out the after-shocks and ripples of her fading orgasm, he collapsed, sated but taking his weight on his forearms. Buffy smiled and kissed the top of his head

“That was…incredible!”

Spike smiled and made a contented sound, and then carefully moved off her. He reached for a wad of tissues from the nightstand and handed them to her. They snuggled up and were soon asleep.

Buffy woke to the smell of coffee, bacon and toast. She went to the bathroom, and when she came out, spike was just coming upstairs with a laden tray. She scooted back to bed and they enjoyed an leisurely breakfast together.

“Christmas eve – I can’t believe it’s here already – tomorrow I can open my presents!” Buffy said hunching up her shoulders excitedly, making Spike grin.

“Tell me about your memories of Christmas at Carrisbrooke” Buffy said.

“Okay, well, one year, when I was 12, I desperately wanted a bike. When I came home from school, it seemed like every kid in the village had one except me. Anyway, Christmas Eve came, and there was nothing remotely bike shaped under the tree – I was so upset, I decided that Christmas morning I was just going to stay in bed and not get up at all. Well it came to about 10.30am and dad came up to my room and knocked on the door. I feigned sleep and he left me for another hour. Then I could hear both he and Mrs Callender talking outside my room. She knocked, called my name and I wouldn’t answer. She came in and sat on the bed, and smoothed my hair back. I told her to go away and she wanted to know what was wrong………I told her all I wanted was a bike so I fitted in with the village lads, and how I knew I hadn’t got one. But she just said to me how there were lots of children who wouldn’t have anything at all, not even food to eat and I should be grateful for what I DID get………so I got dressed and went down stairs………after I’d opened all the presents from under the tree that were mine, dad called me outside – and then he gave a whistle, and Charlie, remember him, Charles Kingsley-Houghton – (Buffy nodded) well he came out from one of the stables wheeling a brand new shiny bike – a Grifter, just the one I wanted – god it was brilliant! I remember they had a hard time getting me in for lunch!”

“Little brat!” Buffy said smiling.

Spike stuck his tongue out and waggled it at her, and Buffy shivered giggling.

“The following year I got my first electric guitar…so kitten, what about you, was it all dollies and prams?”

“What – no way. At thirteen, I was into clothes and makeup! Not that mom would let me wear any – not in front of her anyway! I used to get a complex coz it seemed everybody bought me bath stuff – thirteen is a rotten age to be a girl. You’re not a child, but not an adult – I’d never played with dolls, I didn’t like playing dress-up either, I remember one year I got a nurses outfit, and I used to make my cousin Derek wear it…he lives in San Francisco now, he organises Gay Pride and stuff… - ha! Just kidding…I had this dolls head that you could style the hair and put makeup on it. I used to put the makeup on me, one time I left it too near the radiator and it kind of melted the one side…used it for a Halloween thing then!”

“Wasn’t there anything you really wanted?”

“Oh yes, a pony. I was going to keep him in the back yard, and spend my pocket money on hay and apples. I wanted him all white and I was going to call him Snowflake”

“But you never got your dream?”

“No, and good job too! I befriended a new girl at school coz she really HAD got a pony and I went along to go riding with her once. I was bit on the shoulder by bad-tempered brute called Trojan, who made me sneeze from the minute I got on him, until the second I got off – I was supposed to be sitting in the saddle, concentrating on sitting up straight and while the pony was trotting in circles around the ring. It was all I could do to stay on with these neck-cracking sneeze-outbursts. You should have seen the look on dad’s face when I got home and declared I now ‘hated’ ponies and never wanted one in my whole life! – Don’t think he’d ever looked so relieved!”

“Shall we get up now – we better hit the shops sooner rather than later – there are still one or two things I want to get” Spike said

____________________
Chapter 5 Merry Christmas by LoobyLoo
Chapter 5 Merry Christmas!!




They came through the front door practically on their knees!

“God, if I haven’t got it by now – then tough!”

“I don’t think there was anything left to buy!” Spike said wearily.

Buffy collapsed on the sofa, a sea of carrier sacks and bags around her. Spike put his bags down on the floor and rested on the arm of the sofa.

“I’m starving – there was no way I was waiting half an hour to be served in the food court!” Buffy said.

“And then it was doubtful you’d get a seat, let alone a table to sit at! Place is used as a meeting place with people sitting tight just waiting for their friends and family to come back to them!”

“Listen babe, with all the rich food we’ve got coming up, I thought just something light, but nutritious, for supper”

“Fine –so what are we having?”

“Soup and a sandwich?”

“Great – what can I do?” Buffy asked

“You missy, can go soak in the bath”

“I was hoping that you’d say that…are you sure, you’re tired too”

“Go on, I don’t mind, I want to do the vegetables for tomorrow’s lunch so I can spend more time with you in the morning” Spike said.

“Sounds good. Okay then…ooh better get this one in the freezer”

Buffy handed Spike a tub of ice-cream.

“Better give me that one too, the one with milk-churn on the front…”

“This one?” Buffy picked up a dark green plastic bag.

“Yup, that’s the one, that’s got yummies in for tomorrow that need to be back in the fridge…”

“What are we having for breakfast?”

“Wait and see, you’ll love it!”

____________


After a light supper in front of the TV (they both fell asleep!) Buffy roused Spike and they went to bed just before midnight. When Buffy was fast asleep, Spike got up and went downstairs to the garage, and got out all of Buffy’s presents, and put them under the tree – she’d beaten him to it, and must have put his there while he was asleep in front of the TV!

He got back to bed and went straight to sleep, but not before putting one present on the nightstand for her.

Buffy woke early, she felt excited, like a kid again. Spike woke to the sound of tearing paper…

“Oh wow! Just what I wanted!!” Buffy leapt out of bed and immediately put on the extra thick, luxurious extra soft towelling robe in Royal blue, with slippers to match

“Spike look!” She stood at the end of the bed and did a twirl

“Very nice kitten…can I open my present now?” Buffy giggled and came towards him, she bent to give him a kiss and Spike’s hands went to her belt.

“What are you doing?”

“Opening my pressie!” Spike said with a cheeky grin!

“We can do that later – come on its Christmas morning- presents to open – real ones!”

Buffy gave Spike his present, and he sat up in bed and tore the paper off. He opened the four-inch square box, and saw a pair of ‘skull and crossbones’ cufflinks, with a tie-pin to match.

“Oh wow babe – where did you get these – they’re brilliant! – They match my ring!”

“I know, well, it was Willow that reminded me we went to school with a guy who now makes and designs jewellery, and so I contacted him!”

“Come here – they’re brilliant – now I’ll go do our breakfast, it’ll only take ten minutes”

They both quickly dressed and went down – Buffy’s eyes went huge when she saw how many presents she’d got!

Spike quickly scrambled eggs and tipped in torn pieces of smoked salmon into it, piled it on a slice of toast for each of them, next he cracked open a bottle of champagne and poured it half and half over freshly squeezed orange juice. The coffee maker made coffee and Spike poured them both a cup and took everything into the dining room. He looked through to the lounge and saw Buffy on her knees, picking up her presents and giving them a shake! This made him shake his head and smile.

“Come on you, naughty, there’s time for those in a few minutes!” Buffy gave him a grin and stood and came into the dining room.

“Just checking to see which one I want to open first!” Buffy said as Spike pushed her chair in.

“And?” he asked, flapping out his napkin and sitting opposite her.

“That biggish one in the pink and silver striped paper – that’s the one I want to open first!”

__________________

Buffy squealed and sat on the floor in front of the tree.

“Which one do you want first?”

Spike selected one wrapped in Dark brown and shiny gold paper.

“Okay you first!” Spike said, and Buffy ripped the pink and silver paper off her box.

“Oh brilliant – I’ve been wanting this for ages!” Buffy was pleased with the silver ‘Sure-Shot’ professional hair-dryer, with air-blown vitamin system and anti tangle cord. Inside was another two boxes, one containing a curling iron, and the other ceramic hair straighteners.

“Willow told me you wanted that – okay, let’s see what I’ve got”………Spike opened wii Game player and several games.

“Oh fantastic – I loved playing this at Joany’s house!”

“We did have fun, I thought you’d like it – now which one?”

“You choose for me…”

They took it in turns and opened loads of presents, perfume and after-shave sets, black leather gloves for Spike, a cashmere sweater each, a black hat, scarf and mitten set, a pretty little gold watch, a large box of handmade Swiss Chocolate crème truffles, some beautiful suede boots, some earrings, and a necklace, for Buffy, Spike had a gold chain, they got loads of silly little presents, Buffy bought Spike an apron with ‘Head Cook’ printed on it, a new coffee mug, a kitchen gizmo for slicing veg super fast, and Spike bought Buffy a subscription to a fashion and beauty magazine, a coffee mug filled with flavoured coffee-beans, a $100 voucher for Victoria’s Secret, some DVD’s, books and a new ipod. Buffy had bought Spike books, a leather jacket, DVD’s, a professional cooks hand blender/milk frother and blow-torch especially for cooking use only!

Around 11am, Willow phoned, to find out what Buffy had had for presents. Spike went into the kitchen to start the lunch.

___________________


“Oh gods I am so totally, totally STUFFED!” Buffy said groaning.

“But did you enjoy it?”

“Well, wasn’t it obvious, after my third helping of turkey? That’s the first time I’ve had turkey that wasn’t on the dry side – how did you get it so beautifully moist – and that what was it again – pork sausage meat, sage, onion and apricot stuffing was just SOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy!?”

“Family secrets! So I take it you don’t want pudding then?”

“Ask me around…April – or May, I might be hungry again then!”

“Come on then, lets go vegetate in front of the TV” Spike said. Buffy pulled a face and said,

“But that means moving…can’t move!”

Spike slid one of his hands under her legs and the other around her shoulders, and picked her up.

Buffy slipped her arms around his neck and said,

“How come your knees aren’t buckling – I’ve just eaten a ton of food!”

“You’re as light as a feather!” Spike carried her through to the lounge and gently deposited her onto the sofa. He went back and fetched their wine glasses and the half bottle of Champagne they had left.

They spent the afternoon cuddled up watching comedy films and Christmas editions of old sit-coms.

About seven Buffy rubbed her tummy and said,

“Where are those chocolates you bought me?”

“What, the truffles? – You’ll spoil your supper!”

“Oh god, not more food?!”

“Only a turkey sandwich, nothing special” Spike said

“Have we got any red cabbage and apple slaw left?” Buffy asked, brows raised hopefully.

“Yup, in the fridge……...along with a rather alcoholic triple chocolate mousse I’ve made…” Buffy’s head dropped back and she groaned…

“I’m going to have to take all those new things back and buy three sizes bigger!”

“Don’t be daft, I’ll chase you round, you’ll soon loose the extra calories!”

“But I’d let you catch me!” Buffy said grinning.

“Fancy a cup of tea?”

“Yes please, I’m thirsty. I’ll turn this off and come in with you”

“Buffy!” Spike suddenly said, sitting down on the sofa

“Hmm?”

“I er…I was wondering…”

“What’s that?”

“No, don’t get up, not yet (he caught her hand and she sat down next to him, closer)

“Are you alright, you look worried” Buffy cupped his cheek.

Spike looked at his lap, and then up at Buffy. He took her hand from his face and held it in both of his, and sat further forward and turned towards her a little more.

“I um…I want to, well you see, I – I was going to ask you earlier and…thing is, well, if you don’t want to I’ll quite understand, the responsibility of the house is enough to make anybody run screaming for the hills…oh god I’m doing this all wrong. I didn’t want it to be like this, I was just going to get on and do it, no fuss – and I’m rambling and you haven’t a clue as to what I’m on about, have you?” Spike looked worried still, until Buffy smiled at him and said,

“Well, they say a trouble shared is a trouble halved – what’s on your mind?”

“I love you Buffy!” Spike said earnestly

“I know, and I love you too” Buffy said slightly worried.

“No, I mean I really, REALLY love you”

“And I really, REALLY love you – Spike what’s wrong love?

Spike fumbled in his pocket, took out a small box and opened it, slipped off the sofa on to one knee and said,

“Buffy, would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?”

Buffy looked at Spike and blinked, she was totally shocked, lost for words. She then looked at the box and her eyes bugged at the size of the rock…she then looked back at Spike, tears welled in her eyes and she said,

“Oh Spike!”

“I understand if you don’t –“ Spike felt his stomach flip and he was just about to get up when Buffy said,

“Yes, the answer’s, yes –YES! I’d LOVE to marry you!” Spike’s fears melted away to be replaced by pure joy - and he smiled, he felt like crying himself – he quickly took the ring out of the box and Buffy held out her left hand, he slipped the ring onto her finger and they both just looked at it for a few seconds, Before he drew Buffy to him and she threw her arms around his neck and they began kissing. Spike breathed a sigh of relief, squeezing his eyes tight shut a few tears leaked out.

Buffy felt like she was going to burst with happiness.

“Can I phone Willow and tell her?”

“Of course, I’ll um, I’ll just go get supper!”

Buffy dashed to the phone and pressed 4 on speed-dial.

“Rosenberg’s”

“Willow?”

“Buffy – how’s things since this morning?” Willow asked. They’d already been on the phone for ¾ of an hour while Buffy told Willow all that’s she’d had as presents, and what she might possibly get at Victoria’s Secret…

“”Know EXACTLY what I’m going to buy at Victoria’s Secret now!” Buffy said, Willow could tell she was grinning.

“Go on, what’s that then?”

“One of those Silky negligee’s, from the Romance Collection – I’ll save it for my wedding night”

“Oh that’ll be nice, what colour, black or wh- hold on, did you just say-“

“Wedding night, yes, Spike’s just asked me to marry him – you should see the size of the rock on my ring, well you will tomorrow, it’s gorgeous, a huge diamond!”

Willow squealed with delight and Buffy heard the lounge door open, Willow held the receiver to her and said to her folks,

“Spike’s just asked Buffy to marry him – she said yes!”

The Rosenberg’s shouted congratulations and cheered.

“So when?”

“Oh gods, I don’t know – no doubt well talk late into the night about it, where, when, etc, gods Will, I’m SO excited!”

“I bet – oh Buffy that’s such good news, you make a fantastic couple – can I be chief Bridesmaid?”

Buffy giggled and said,

“Of course!” They chatted on happily for another half an n hour!

_______________________
Chapter 6 Happy New Year!!! by LoobyLoo
Chapter 6


“ARRGGHHHH – I KNEW IT!” Buffy cried out.

Spike came dashing into the bedroom asking,

“What is it, what’s up – um, where are you, pet?”

“On the floor by the bed!” Came Buffy’s reply. Spike moved to the end of the bed and looked down on Buffy, who was wriggling on the floor, looking like she was wrestling with a coat hanger.

“What-“

“Before you ask, trying, and I DO mean trying, to…do up………… my …argh - skinny jeans, oh fuck, I broke a nail!” Spike grinned

“It’s not funny!” Buffy was red-faced and puffing with exhaustion!

“Looks it from here pet!”

“Well it’s not! I’m officially fat and ugly and I’m never leaving this house again!”

“Not even for Joany’s New Year Party?” Buffy had another breath-holding-pulling-the-zip-up-with-a-coat-hanger moment, and failed to get it more than half way.


“ESPECIALLY not for Joany’s New Year Party! It was her Day after Christmas day party with the barbecued crab claws, giant garlic prawns, Virginia ham, new potatoes and her creamy pasta salads that have done this to me! That and chips and creamy dips…and the fresh cream strawberry gateau, the chocolates, mince pies and trifle – oh gods why do I have to be so greedy!” Spike was looking at her with a mixture of bemusement and concern. He said,

“You’ll do yourself a mischief, how are you supposed to eat, drink or even breathe if you got that zip up?” Spike asked.

“That’s the point, you don’t” Spike frowned and shook his head and said,

“Look Pet, why don’t you do your self a favour, and wear something loose – those silky black pants and the top with the spaghetti string straps looks fantastic on you, and the top is flared so it won’t show any tiny little bulges you have – which you’ll soon get rid of, you never eat breakfast when we’re filming, and you often skip lunch, ‘cept for a juice, you’ll have lost it all by this time next week” Spike reasoned. Buffy stopped trying and lay on the floor.

She threw the coat-hanger after extricating it from the zip-tab.


“But I won’t, I’ll just keep on eating and get so fat, and you won’t love me and then you won’t marry me – and I’ll...I’ll be all alone!”

Spike stood, pulled the jeans off her and bent down and picked her up, putting her on the bed.

“Silly girl! I always thought you were too skinny – I LOVE you, AND your curves, makes you look like a woman, not a stick insect. You ask any bloke – see if I’m right.” Spike sat by her, stroking her hand with his thumb. Buffy felt miserable, she didn’t want to smile but she sat up and put her arms around his neck.

“Promise me you’re not just saying that?”

“Look, cross my heart!”

Buffy kissed him and laid her head against his chest.

“Black silky pants and top…I like to look really tanned when I wear that”

“And that’s another thing – no more tanning beds or too much sun, ruins the skin” Spike said seriously.

“Okay, I promise about the tanning beds – and I’ll use a higher SPF lotion when I do go out in the sun”

“There’s my good girl!”

“Spike”

“Yes love?”

“Are you always this bossy?”

“Can be – you think I’m being bossy?” he leant down and kissed her cheek, he was stroking her back which Buffy found very soothing.

“No, it’s nice – I know you have my best interests at heart”

“That I do pet, I love you and want you to be with me for as long as possible”

________________


30th Dec Tavener’s Bar and Grill, Richmond


“Oh WOW, it’s huge!” Willow said, holding Buffy’s left hand.

“I know, I got a shock when I saw the size of it too!” Ford came towards the table carrying a tray of drinks grinning and said,

“Have you two been peeping at me in the shower again, sounds like it with the conversation you’re having!”

“You wish!” Willow said and she and Buffy giggled.

“So have you set a date yet?”

“Not yet, we haven’t had time!” Spike bought them over some menu’s and sat down. He took a deep draught of his ice-cold Budweiser.

“I’m on a diet” Buffy said

Spike looked at her over his menu and said,

“No, you’re not – I keep telling you, once were all back at work, you’ll loose the few pounds you’ve put on no problem!”

“That’s true Buffy, anyway, what are you having?” Willow asked.

“Well I’m having the speciality of the house, the char-grilled T Bone steak with sautéed sweet onions and mushrooms, house salad and Steak fries” Spike said.

“Yup, sounds good to me!” Ford said, closing his menu, continuing,

“Make that two” Spoke nodded.

“I’ll have…the char-grilled chicken tenders, with smoked bacon, BBQ sauce smothered in melted cheese” Willow said.

“Buffy, what are you having?”

“Hmm…I don’t know whether to have the tuna salad…or the chicken fillet burger – oh no, I know, I’ll have the ¼ pounder char-grilled burger with bacon and cheese – Will, share a portion of spicy fries with me?”

Buffy looked across at her friend who was sucking on a straw in her Long Island Iced Tea, Willow nodded. Spike ordered for them and they sat and waited.

“Mom’s all excited about going to Joany’s house tomorrow!” Willow said

“She throws the most fantastic parties – are you dressing up – I know it says optional but we are, aren’t we Ford?”

“Yup, I’m going in my greasy work-overalls!”

“No you’re not! – Tell the truth!”

“Okay, I’m going as a 20’s gangster, black suit, black shirt, white tie, white band around a Fedora hat” Ford said

“And I’m going as a 20’s flapper girl – I’ve borrowed this beautiful straight up and down green sequinned sheath dress, low at the back, with a beaded cloche hat and long beads to wear, with some green silk pumps with kitten heels. Willow said.

“Sounds great – we hadn’t thought about it really – I think there’s a trunk in the loft or the garage at home…could look through that” Buffy said looking at Spike, who nodded. A waitress was coming towards them carrying two plates, and deposited them in front of the men.

“Would you like any sauces or dressings with that – oh my god, I’ve just realised who you are – oh and Buffy too – and Red and Timmy - Sorry – um sauces?

They all smiled and Ford said he’d have some blue cheese.

_________________________


“So, what do you think?” Spike turned to face Buffy.

“Great – lucky you had that English football shirt. Love the socks! And everybody will see your hairy knees in those white shorts!”

“Don’t be cheeky…what are you wearing then – the entire contests of the wardrobe by the amount of clothing on your bed!” Spike asked.

“At least you won’t see how much weight I’ve put on!”

“Let’s not start that again pet, you know how I feel!” Spike warned.

“I do – so I thought I’d be one of the kids from ‘Dance!’ – Apparently, Joany used to play the piano teacher at the Dance Academy in the show, but I’m too young to remember it – I was only about 4 years old when the show was at it’s peak. So, leotard, footless tights, leg warmers, shrug, pom-pom skirt and flat ballet pumps, big hair, big hoop earrings, lot’s of blusher – ‘Dance – I’m going to live eternal-leeeeeee, Dance – Baby remember mee-eeeeeeeeeeeee!” Buffy sang out the signature tune to the old show.

“Great – that’s sorted then. I promised I’d phone dad, he’ll tell me what time he’s going to pick us up” Spike said

“You do that then, and I’ll put this lot away” Buffy indicated the bed with her hand.

____________________


“Joany, how nice to see you again, thank you for inviting me!” Rupert kissed her on both cheeks.

“Lovely to see you again too Rupert, I trust you had a good Christmas - and look at you – your Henry the 5th outfit – don’t you look every inch a king! – I’ll just see my other guests in, go get yourself a drink from Michael behind the bar, I won’t be long”

Joany carried on greeting her guests, Willow and Ford arrived with Ira and Bernice, and they were all surprised when Xandy arrived dressed as a Native American Indian, complete with brown body makeup, and a magnificent headdress with feathers going down the back, and suede loin-cloth. On a belt he had a plastic knife, and wore moccasins on his feet.

“Xandy you look fantastic!” Buffy went over and gave him a hug. Xandy couldn’t stop grinning as people kept coming up to him and saying what a brilliant costume he had on. Joany had also invited Xandy’s parents to the party, she said she’d like to meet them, also she thought it only fair to the others who could at least enjoy the party properly, without having to keep worrying about having to watch him all the time.

____________________


11.55pm, Joany’s house. The lights had been put up and Joany was addressing everybody…………

“And the prize for the best costume, for a male goes to – Xandy!” Joany shouted, and everybody cheered.

“Come on Xand-man – come and get your prize!” Xandy, grinning went up and took the wrapped box off Joany, saying ‘thank you’.

“And for the best female costume, the prize goes to – my new friend, Bernice Rosenberg as The Edwardian lady!” Bernice was surprised, and was rosy cheeked when she collected her prize, everybody clapped and cheered.

“And now my dearest friends, it’s almost midnight, so will you please all make sure you have a drink, so we can toast in the New Year – we will hear the bells of St Gregory’s church on the radio, and we can countdown the seconds from 10”

Everybody made sure they had a drink, and then the quiet sound of the bells were heard on the radio, everyone began to chant, Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one – HAPPY New Year!” Balloons and streamers fell from the ceiling, and Joany threw the patio doors open and they watched a fantastic firework display.

“Happy New Year love, this is gonna be OUR year – I love you” Spike whispered to Buffy

Buffy turned and gave Spike and huge kiss, and said.

“Happy New Year – I Can’t wait to be Mrs William Giles – I love you too!”

______________________
Chapter 7 Back to Work.......... by LoobyLoo
Chapter 7 Back to work………



“And cut – Ford, can you move your microphone a bit further up, when you lean over the engine, you’re scratching against something and we can’t hear what you’re saying”

“I can’t…we need a boom mic”

“We can’t use a boom mic, it’ll be seen in the reflection of the diner window”

“If I move the mic further up, you’ll see it, further down, you can’t hear me, it gets muffled”

“Give me strength…look okay everybody, it’s a little early I know at 11.50, but let’s cut for lunch…be back for 12.45” Warren said wearily. First day back and it seemed fraught with problems, mic’s not attached right, equipment failures, lines forgotten, they’d had it all morning.

“Calm down Warren, you’ll do yourself no good at all, think of your blood-pressure!” Tara said.

“What’s the matter with everybody, still in holiday mood, that’s what it is – I must have about ten minutes of footage I can use from this morning, that’s all!” Warren leant against one of the diner tables. Tara patted his arm and went to the rehearsal room saying she’d have a word.

“Come on now please, you really need to pull yourselves together, we’re all back to work, like it or not – there’s been a considerable amount of wasted time this morning – what’s wrong with the mic Ford, you don’t usually have a problem”

“I don’t usually wear nylon overalls, they’re cotton usually – but I was told I’d got to wear these because of the new sponsors” Warren said.

“And Buffy, we know you’re now engaged, which is all very lovely, but you should have learned your lines”

Buffy was annoyed at this and said,

“I DID! It’s just that at 9.40 I had a script change, then another at 10.10, then ANOTHER at 11 ‘o’clock – so it’s not my fault!” Buffy said, she could feel the anger building up.

“And Spike, don’t bang the lid on the milkshake maker, it’ll break” Tara said.

“But you have to!” Spike said, and Willow piped up in Spike’s defence,

“Tara, if you don’t the lid flies off and we get a milkshake bath”

“Well whatever, can we just get into a more work ethic mind please folks”

“Yeah well, we will, if you will” Spike said, and Tara turned and asked what he meant by that comment.

“What I mean is, you come in here, moaning at us, and none of it is our fault”

“What isn’t your fault” Warren asked, entering the rehearsal room.

“All these problems this morning………” Spike said. The arguments and counter –arguments continued for over half the break. So by the time they had to get back to it, NOBODY felt like they were in the mood to work.

“Well I don’t care what the sponsors want, it’s not practical so I’m not wearing them, and that’s final!” Ford said, throwing the new nylon overall aside, adding,

“Besides which, they’re too damned hot to wear, I feel all sweaty in them”

Warren rubbed his face and said,

“I think we can write off today – look folks, I’ve taken on board what you’ve said, about the equipment, the props, the new sponsored clothing and the quick script changes, and I DO appreciate what you say. I’m sticking my neck out here, and if you’re prepared to come in earlier tomorrow morning, and get on with it, then I’m going to let you go home now” (It was 2.25pm)

Everybody nodded and said ‘yes’.

“What time in the morning Warren?”

“Seven o’clock sharp, we have to catch up on today’s lost filming”

“I will email your scripts to you by 5.30pm, I want you all word-perfect please – right, Tara, go find Cassie we need a brain-storming session”

Everybody was glad to go.

_______________________


“Well, what a waste of time that was!” Buffy said as they walked out to the car.

“I knew today would be a disaster – I’d just got that feeling…mind you, nobody was really in the mood for it, and that included Warren!” Spike said getting in the passenger side of the car.

“You know, I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to…I used to love getting up and going to work….and now………”

“Now?” Spike echoed her with a quizzical brow.

“And now I find I’d rather stay in bed with you, or go shopping, or be myself instead of Buffy Wilson all the time. I was thinking…”

“What’s that pet?”

“Well…when I comes up for my contract renewal in April - how would you feel if I didn’t take it up”

“That’s what I was hoping you’d say actually” Spike said with a grin.

“Really – why’s that?” Buffy seemed quite surprised at Spike’s confession and it buoyed her up.

“Because, well – I was wondering how you’d feel about moving to England?”

“Moving to – oh WOW yes!”

“Hold your horses there pet – you must have proper time to think this over, there’s a lot to think about – besides the wedding and such, like what would you do with your house for a start?”

“How do you mean?”

“Well would you sell it, want to keep it, rent it out, what?”

“Oh that’s easy, Willow would rent it off me…I think she thinks it could be a love-nest for her and Ford” Buffy said with a grin. Spike also grinned.

“I see! Would you still want to carry on acting when you live in England?”

“Well – yes, I guess………never really thought about it. It’s the only thing I’ve ever done…I wasn’t very bright academically…I’ve no real paper qualifications”

“Me neither pet, nothing of any significance anyway – I didn’t want to go to uni...I’d got me a band by then, I say a band, of sorts, it consisted of me on lead guitar, a kid that couldn’t drum on drums, and a bass-guitarist who only knew two chords!”

“How old were you?” Buffy asked with a smile

“Oh, 15, going on 16 – thought I knew it all!!”

“But you didn’t do too badly did you – you became famous!”

“Yeah well…more of a case of being in the right place at the right time than me being a musician! So pet, feel up to talking about the wedding?”

“Oooh yeah!”

Buffy pulled on to the drive and Spike said,

“I’ll put a pot of coffee on, I’ll get a notepad and pencil, and we’ll start making lists”

_____________________


“I’d want to get married at Carrisbrooke, but I want my friends their too, is that being greedy?” Buffy asked

“Of course not – pet, we’ll fly ‘em over – it won’t cost them a penny”

“But – how?”

“Remember my old mate Chopper Harris from the Water Cannons?” Spike asked

“Yes, I remember him, he got us out of a jam with his pink Cadillac taking us to the soap awards”

“That’s the fella, well, I was going to ask him to be my Best Man, and as a present, to fly anybody who’s coming over in his Lear jet”

“Do you think he would?” Buffy asked excitedly

“I can but ask, and if not, well…I’ll just charter one! – Let me see, what’s the time in New York…they’re five hours behind us… I’ll ring him now, no time like the present………”

___________________

2 hours later ………

“I suppose I should really phone Mrs Calendar and get her to send us a ‘wedding pack’ for Carrisbrooke” Spike said. They were on their third page of notes in the spiral-bound note-book.

“No need…I bought one back with me – I bought it to show Willow, I thought that booklet with the photos of your friends wedding I took with my phone, she could get an idea of how big the house was…” Buffy said

“Oh good girl, go fetch it then pet” Buffy went upstairs, the phone rang.

“I’ll get it” Spike called and answered

“Hi Spike, have you seen the script yet for tomorrow?”

“Er, no, no not yet, we’ve been talking about the wedding, making some rough plans, why?”

“These new sponsors, they’re going to be a right pain, we’ve got to make sure that we pick up this bottle or this glass, not to cover the name or the logo, and to smile at the camera before we use whatever we’re holding…”

“But that’s product placement, the network won’t stand it, it’s free advertising and there’s a strict revenue on that!” Spike said

“That’s the words I was looking for, product placement! I’ll tell you something, -“

“Hello – oh hi Willow, what’s going on?” Buffy had picked up the phone in her and Spike’s room.

Between them, Spike and Willow bought Buffy up to speed…

“Anyway, Ford said that’s it, he’s not renewing his contract, he’s sick of it, come February, he’s off, he’s had an offer for a gamer’s show and more advertising work, and doing voice-overs and such”

“Spike and I aren’t renewing either!”

“Really – wow! You know, I think I’ll put a few feelers out too, I was approached about five months ago to do a hospital soap, and I turned it down flat – but if you’re going Buffy…”

“Yes well, Spike and I will be living in England after we are married – but then we’ll go where the work is I suppose. We thought you could house-sit for us here while were in England”

“Great! – Look don’t say anything at work in the morning about not re-newing, let’s just see how far they think they can push us!”

“Okay, see you in the morning, bye!”

Buffy came trotting down the stairs with the wedding pack and they took their seats back at the dining table again. Buffy’s mobile rang, it was Joany.

“Hi Joany – what can I do for you?”

“Oh Buffy, I’m in a quandary and I don’t know how to get out of it without causing trouble”

“Go on, see if I can help, tell me more”………………Buffy said.


“………………So she can’t possibly endorse Islands Tropique products, as she’s the face of ‘Produit Swiss Spa Clinic,’ and has been for years, anything like that could be seen as breech of contract and they could sue poor Joany for thousands” Buffy explained to Spike.

“You know what, we need to tip one of the studio executives the wink about what’s going on” Spike said.

“How do we do that?”

“By telling them”

“But they’ll find out eventually” Buffy reasoned

“Yeah but – oh I don’t know…maybe we should just let them get on with it and Warren and the new sponsors will find out for themselves just how much trouble they’re in”

“I think that’s the best, I don’t want to go sneaking around telling tales…doesn’t look good” Buffy said

“You’re right of course pet…let’s leave them to it”
Chapter 8 The Beginning of the End by LoobyLoo
Chapter 8

The following morning when they got to work, there was a meeting already going on between the company directors of Blackmore Broadcasting , Warren, Tara and Cassie, and a couple of the actors. When Spike and Buffy got out of the car, they could hear raised voices.

…………”Wasn’t for Ford coming to us over these overalls with the new ‘sponsorship’ on them, we wouldn’t have known until the programme aired and by then it would have been too late! Don’t you realise the damage that you could have done?” Miles Blackmore asked Warren.

“But I can’t see the problem, the show wasn’t aired, we didn’t use the new overalls for Ford, so there’s been no free advertising!” Warren insisted.

“No. But what about these hmm?” Charles Blackmore went over to some boxes and pulled out a mustard jar, sauce bottle and a relish jar.

“We do not have an advertising contract with Sugarman’s Sauces and Pickles, so these can’t be used, and what’s in here….?” Charles moved the top boxes and opened the ones underneath.

“Islands Tropique Face cream? – What’s in this one…Randolph’s Root beer? – And this one………Marvy’s Marvelous Milkshakes? No – this is unacceptable these companies do not have contracts with us so their products must not be seen in the show, it’s as simple as that – how do you think we get the money for you’re show, hmm? By the advertising revenue, that’s how – and if this bunch of companies want to advertise here, then they can jolly well pay like everybody else!”

“Warren, you’ve gone too far this time, you’re fired!” Miles said.

“But – “ Warren began

“No, I’m sorry, I’ve made up my mind, this is gross misconduct, and you’re sacking is effective immediately!”

Warren knew that it was useless to try and argue and left. Tara went to go after him, until Miles turned to her and Cassie and said,

“And if I find out you two had anything to do with this, then you’ll go too!”

Tara nodded and then said big eyed,

“I mean no, we didn’t – know, that is he didn’t tell us anything about it”

“I doubt that very much” Spike whispered to Buffy, and she nodded imperceptibly at him. Willow arrived and asked what was going on, she said,

“Warren nearly knocked me down with his haste to get off the lot – what’s going on?” It was only then she spied the company directors, and Charles said,

“We will leave you now, hopefully to get work done, I’m sure the other’s here will bring you up to speed, Miss Rosenberg”

He left the room, and Tara gave a big sigh.

“So what now?” Spike asked nobody in particular.

“I don’t know – the only script we had were the ones Warren sent you last night” Tara said wringing her hands.

“Well, we’ll have to muddle through without the product placements” Spike said. Joany turned up looking worried.

“Does anybody know what’s going on?” She turned to Buffy. Buffy explained about Warren getting the sack, and how they wouldn’t be doing the product placements after all.

“Oh thank goodness – I was ready to quit!”

“Between you me and the gatepost, I think most of us are – still – we can’t work in an atmosphere like this” Spike said.

They muddled on through the morning, but didn’t get much done. Tara called for another meeting with the directors of Blackmore Broadcasting, which was arranged for the following day.

Meanwhile, Ford took a call on his mobile, he had a big grin on his face.

“I’ve got it! I’ve got the Compere’s job on American Gamer 2010!” Everybody congratulated him.

“That’s it, I’m off too – I don’t enjoy it anymore” Willow said.

“ I don’t either, to tell you the truth!” Buffy added in agreement.

“What about you Spike, will you miss it?”

“Of course I will…but well, I didn’t want to say much before but, I’ll be off filming the new Dr How series in England soon!”

“And I shall be going with him…maybe they can find a little part for me! And if not, well, I can look for something else!”

“In England?” Willow asked

“Yup…that’s where we’ll be living after we are married, so…”

“Buffy, I’ll miss you!” Willow said and hugged her friend. The telephone on the wall rang, and Joany picked it up………

“Hello- Tara?, Oh, er, um let me see…yes, yes she is, TARA…(It’s Mr Blackmore) she waved the receiver, and Tara came over.

“It’s Mr Charles Blackmore, for you now” Tara nervously came over and took the receiver from Joany.

“H-hello?” Miss McClay speaking”

“Hello Miss McClay can you tell me have you got a full script for today?”

“Well yes, but now they’ll have to be re-writes because of the product placements – we need more real footage to bring up the total airing time”

“Well if it means problems, don’t worry, we can show a film on Thursday and Friday instead of the show, and um, well we’ll see you ALL at the meeting tomorrow, 10AM” Charles Blackmore said.

“Right, um, th-thank you Mr Blackmore”

She put the receiver down and turned to everybody and announced,

“Quiet please everybody……there will be no filming today or anything, no rehearsals, they said that they will show a film on Thursday and Friday, but they want to see us ALL tomorrow at the meeting 10AM – I guess there’s going to be some sort of announcement”

“So we can go now?” Ford asked.

“Yes everybody can go…don’t forget 10 sharp tomorrow”

“What, no filming AGAIN?” Harmony Kendal moaned. Faith rolled her eyes and said,

“Hope were getting paid for this, even though we’re not working, I can’t afford to keep going home without pay!” As she jumped down from the table. Xandy looked sad too, but for a different reason.

“Will I see you ever again when you go to England, Buffy?”

“Oh hey Xandy – don’t worry, of course you will – I’m not selling my house, and we’ll come back for holidays and stuff!”

He nodded and they all drifted off home.


_____________________

Same Day, afternoon, Spike and Buffy back home. Spike was on the phone to England………


“So can you tell me just what dates have you got xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for this year Mrs Calendar?” Spike asked

“Let me go through the books, and I’ll email them to you…you want a Saturday?”

“Doesn’t matter really...Friday would do” Spike said.

“I’ll get back to you ASAP – and congratulations again William, she’s a lovely girl!”

“Thanks Mrs C, be seeing you soon, bye!”

“Mrs Calendar said she’d email me the dates they’ve got Carrisbrooke free”

“Great”

“Anyway I’m going out to the shops, to get something decent for dinner tonight, want to come with or…?”

“I think I better phone my agent, tell him what’s going on…see if he can still work for me, or recommend somebody in England” Buffy said

“Okay see you in a little while” Spike bent over the back of the sofa and gave Buffy a kiss and left to go shopping. Buffy flipped open her diary/address book and was just about to reach for the phone when it rang.

“Hello?”

“BUFFY!” screamed Willow excitedly

“Er – ow, yes – excited much?” Buffy wiggled a finger in her ear, that was now tingling slightly!

“Sorry – but I’m just SO excited – I’ve got an audition!”

“Already, wow, that’s good going!”

“Remember I told you I had an approach from the studio DBS WOLF to do that medical drama last year – well I contacted them, and they’re commissioning a new cop type show – have you ever seen Murder Investigation Team? Well that one’s set in New York, there’s a new one coming out called M.I.T California, they want me to read for a main character called Nadine Brookes, she’s like the boss of the team, the head investigative forensic expert”

“Wow – go you! It’ll be all ‘check for blood-spatter and epithelia’s!!” Buffy said giggling

“I can’t wait – better than a regular burger and a strawberry milkshake!!”

“What has your mom said about it?”

“I haven’t told her yet, not going to until I get it, IF I get it – oh god I’d LOVE it if I did!”

Buffy was smiling listening to her friend.

“Yes well, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. If you ask me, I think Wilson’s days are numbered – I reckon this is what the meeting will be about tomorrow”

“Yeah, me too”

“I feel sorry for Xandy - I mean the rest of can get work of some kind, even if it’s not acting, but what will Xandy do?”

“I know…that had crossed my mind too”

“I know it isn’t our problem, but, well I still feel kinda responsible for him, you know?”

“Me too…his mother trusts us with him, I don’t know how she’d be with ‘strangers’, it took a lot of time for her to trust us at first”

“But at least he can speak up for himself now, he’s no longer a – well I was going to say child, but I suppose he is really, isn’t he?”

“He’s good at gardening” Willow said.

“He’s good with animals too – they kinda sense he’s, well they always seem gentle with him” Buffy said.

“Yeah…our Mitzi goes just like a rag doll when he comes here, she lets him tickle her and every-thing! I go to do that and I get claws raked sown the back of my hand!” Willow said.

“That cat of your is a psycho cat! If she climbs up lace curtains, then meow’s to get down but she can’t coz she’s got her claws stuck, but go to help her and she turns into a spitting, claw slashing hell-cat!”

“That’s Mitzi for you – oh better go I’m at dinner there tonight and I want to do some laundry before I go, see you at the meeting tomorrow then Buffy, bye”

“Bye, see you then”

___________________
Chapter 9 So long.... by LoobyLoo
Author's Notes:
Not long to go now!!
Chapter 9 So Long, farewell, auf Weiderzehn, adieu…


“………And so it’s with regret we have to announce that Wilson’s Mountain Diner will end on February the 6th. We, that is the main script writers, Tara and Cassie and us the managers here at Blackmore Broadcasting have decided that there is to be no big bang storyline, everything is going to continue to wind up any storylines left, now any questions?”

Faith put up her hand, and Charles Blackmore said,

“Yes Faith?”

“Will we be paid up to the end of our contracts, mine is supposed to run until the end of April, I have financial commitments, and couldn’t afford to loose money like this”

“Don’t worry, contracts will be honoured, and we will also endeavour to find or help you find more work, any time off needed will be sympathetically considered, if you are needed for filming we will do our best to see that it’s put at a time convenient for you so you can go to auditions and stuff”

Ford put up his hand

“Have you got anything planned for the time slot that Wilson’s took?” Charles looked at his brother Miles and said,

“Well, we have been looking at one or two ideas; nothing is set in stone yet, so to speak…”

“So it wouldn’t be another soap then?”

“No – that ones a definite – we are not interested in taking on anything such long term, it’ll probably be a game or cooking show, with a reality slant” Charles said, and Miles added,

“Those of you whom we deem suitable will be invited to auditions for any of the shows we see fit for the afternoon slot, and we contact you as soon as we have something concrete to offer. Any more questions?”

Spike put up his hand and asked

“Hi, um what is the official reason that you’re going to give for the ending of what will be a life-long soap to certain members of the public?”

“Ah, well, we thought long and hard about that one, didn’t we Charles, and we thought that we’d say that times change, and all the story-line topics we wanted to cover had been done, and despite a revamp last year, we may have gained a younger audience, but the older ones have now dropped off and viewing figures have really hardly changed, apart from the original ‘blip’ when Spike first appeared on the show we are back to around eight million viewers. The programme had run it’s course, and we decided to try something new. That clubbed together with yours and Miss Wilso – I’m sorry, Miss SUMMERS, sorry, engagement, we knew that you wouldn’t have been renewing your contract with us Spike, and almost certainly that meant your fiancée wasn’t going to renew either. We also know about the show Willow is auditioning for, and the show that you have already got, Ford – and also the film parts offered to Riley and to Isaac and we just couldn’t continue with so many main characters leaving like that”

Buffy looked and could see that Harmony and Faith weren’t best pleased. Riley and Isaac looked a little embarrassed, Willow looked half puzzled and a little bit cross, and poor Xandy looked bewildered.

“Okay folks, is that it? (nobody else put their hands up, so he continued) So, filming the end of the series, the last half a dozen programmes will start filming on Monday, so you now have a nice long, long weekend to sort things out for yourselves, and remember mine and Miles’ door are always open to you should you need to know anything or give us warning of auditions and stuff, we will bid you good day and wish you all the best, bye for now” Charles and Miles stood, re-fastening suit jackets and leaving.

“Well…I know they were right about me not renewing, but I’d have liked to have either been asked by them or me to be the one who told them! – Not the other way around and them surmising! Buffy said.

“How the - ooh I’m annoyed – how did they know about my audition!” Willow asked through gritted teeth!”

“Buffy…does it mean no more Wilson’s, is the show going to end?” Xandy asked, and then continued,

“He used big words and I didn’t understand him”

Buffy ruffled Xandy’s hair and pulled him into a hug.

“I’m sorry Xandy, but yes, the show will end on February the 6th, we’ve only got six shows to film now”

“But what will *I* do – nobody wants me…I was lucky to get Wilson’s……… my dad, before he left said I was a half-wit who was lucky to have a job”

“He said what? Oh poor baby…” Buffy felt tears well up in her eyes. She was worried for him too, but she didn’t want to upset him.

Willow, Ford and Spike heard what Xandy had just said and they all felt awful for him. Joany made her way over to them, she could see Buffy cuddling an upset Xandy.

“Poor lad, I bet he doesn’t know what he’s going to do now” she whispered to Spike.

“You want to hear what his bastard – excuse my language, of a father said about him, called him a half-wit if you please, said he was lucky to be in work”

Tears sprang to Joany’s eyes, and she said,

“I have an idea, but I need to make a phone call…”

“How come you all have other things already – did you know the show was going to finish?” Harmony asked

Willow said no, she didn’t, but she was fed up and thought that she wouldn’t renew her contract when Buffy left, also that Ford wasn’t going to renew either as he’d been offered a show of his own.

Faith and Harmony didn’t seem convinced, and sat bitching for a while until Joany approached them holding a copy of a magazine.

“Do either of you ladies dance?”

“I trained in tap, ballet and modern dance, yes, why?” Faith said

“I used to pole dance, and I can do Latin American dancing, why?” Harmony echoed Faith.

“Only in this weeks copy of ‘The Stage’ magazine there are auditions for some stage shows, Wyoming Stagecoach, The Night Howlers, and Gangland NY – I love that one, set in the 1950’s – the costumes are fantastic!” Joany said offering the magazine to the girls.

Faith raised her brows and took the magazine off Joany.

“Can I look please…what do you think, will you try with me Harm?”

“Sure…let’s look to see if there’s anything else……ooh look, what’s this one…a film about a cheerleader – we could both go for that…and a Sci-Fi show called Endeavour – that’s a spin-off from Star Quest……”

“I’ll go get a piece of paper and a pen, and I’m going to use the phone here and not run up bills at home!” Harmony said

“Too right!” Faith agreed.

______________________

Later that same day after everybody had left the studios………

“Mrs Harris – It’s Joany, from the show – okay sorry, Margaret, so how are you?”

“Upset. Mostly for my son, he’s lost – and goodness knows what I’m going to do with him, I can’t have him under my feet everyday!”

“Well I hope I may be able to help you there, have you heard of a woman called Gloria Mycroft?

“Gloria Mycroft….Oh yes, I have, isn’t she the lady who trains animals for films and shows and that” Margaret Harris said

“That’s right, well she’s my sister-in-law, and she was asking me if I knew anybody who would be able to help her with the animals”

“What, training them?” Xandy’s mom asked.

“No, not the training exactly, but walking and exercising them, feeding them, cleaning them out, helping in the clipping parlour sweeping out, that sort of thing, it’s five days a week, seven and a half hours a day, so it would be full time – I know how Xandy loves animals and thought it would be ideal for him”

“Where does she live?”

“Only three miles away from you, if you could get him to work every morning, she would bring him home at night, the wages would be around $400 a week – do you think he’d be interested, if so I could take him over tomorrow afternoon?”

“Er, I’m er, I’m s-sure he’d love that – what time tomorrow?”

“Okay, say after lunch, about 1.30pm – just put him in jeans and a tee shirt, he may get a little dirty”

“Okay…I’ll see you tomorrow then Joany, and um, thanks, bye!”

“Bye!”

__________________

Later on that evening, Buffy was on the phone to Willow………

“That woman, Joany is SO good, I’m gonna send her the biggest bunch of flowers for doing that for Xandy!”

“He hasn’t said yes yet!” Willow said laughing.

“But we both know he will, you know how he is with animals, remember the Christmas before last how he just whistled and that little bird came and sat on his hand – that was so sweet – and he’ll get to work with all sorts of animals, not only dogs and cats, she does parrots, snakes and reptiles too – and supplies things like big hairy spiders!”

“Don’t – you know I hate anything creepy-crawly – but I know Xander will love it even more than acting. Do you remember that advert for some kiddies clothes and there was that little monkey dressed up to show how hard-wearing and strong they were, but soft and comfy at the same time, well that monkey was one of Gloria’s. Willow said.

“So was that parrot in Captain Longbeard………I used to love that as a child, I’d sit cross-legged in front of the TV listening to the stories of pirates and treasure islands, the parrot used squawk and say ‘story-time cap’n’…Buffy said smiling.

“Oh god I remember that…I used to come in from school, grab a glass of milk and some cookies and put Captain Longbeard on the TV every school-day afternoon…mom always used to nag me to get changed first but I never did, I didn’t want to miss the serial story!”

Spike was grinning at Buffy across from the Breakfast bar. He was in the kitchen, cooking.

“So…what’s Spike doing?” Willow asked.

“Spike is….what are you doing babe?” Buffy called out

“Making a marinade, a fresh chopped herbs, garlic and lemon marinade for the pork and chicken kebabs were having for dinner” he called out

“Sounds yummy” Willow said.

“Willow said it sounds yummy!” Buffy called out again.

“Shush, you’ll get me into trouble with Berniece feeding Willow pork!” Spike said

“But I haven’t eaten any!” Willow said

“Anyway Will, I gotta go, Spike and I are going to try and set a wedding date tonight, I’ve got all the dates through from Carrisbrooke”

“Oooooh, I can’t wait!” Willow said

_______________________


“So, that’s settled then, on Saturday June 23rd you’re going to make me the happiest man on earth?” Buffy leant across and kissed him

“Yup! Oooh I can’t wait – a June bride – Hey, Joany was in that film!”

“What film?” Spike asked grinning

“A June Bride, she married Mario Mancini, that Italian actor, mom used to think he was dreamy!”

“Well kitten, we may have set the date, but now we’ve got to choose the menu…”

“I definitely want those three desserts on a plate like your friend had…”

“You do?”

“Uh huh…and something lamby…or chicken…no, no beef…”

“Let’s look at the summer menu’s pet, shall we?”

“Pork with apricots, that sounds nice…but then, there’s the Rosenberg’s to consider”

“It’s going to be a long night, I’ll go make a pot of coffee”

____________________
Chapter 10 - Thief! by LoobyLoo
Chapter 10 Thief!!



The following afternoon, 3 o’clock.



“So Xandy, what do you think, could you help me?” Gloria asked

“Oh yes! – I’d love to…could I feed them too?”

“Of course, you won’t be on the job on your own, there’s Stacy and Chris to help you – they’ll show you how much, how to measure it, and then you can put it in their bowls. Afterwards you’d walk the dogs, and help me groom the cats and other animals that are going to work”

___________________


“……And Gloria said she’d show me how much to feed them and then I could take them for walks”

“Well Xandy, I’m sure you’ll do just fine, isn’t that nice of Joany to think of you for the job?”

“Oh yes…Mom says it’s good because I won’t be under her feet all day”

Buffy felt a pang of sadness at this, and she said,

“When do you start?”

“Well Gloria said that I can go at weekends to see what I am doing, and then I can start properly when I’ve finished filming Wilson’s”

“That’s great, I’m really pleased for you Xandy”

“Buffy”

“Yes love?”

“How do I open a bank account, Gloria said I needed one for my wages?”

“Sorry – a bank account, don’t you already have one – where does your money from Wilson’s go?”

“Into my mom’s account, she gives me pocket money”

“She what? Oh, er I see…tell you what, put me on to her will you?”

“Okay” Buffy heard Xandy put the receiver down carefully and she heard him call his mom,

“Mom – Buffy wants to speak with you…………”

“Buffy – how are you, congratulations by the way, I was going to ring you, but you know how it is…now what can I do for you?”

“Um, Xandy says he needs a bank account to have his wages paid into, one in his OWN name” Buffy said pointedly, her imagination beginning to work over-time. Mrs Harris sounded very shaky.

“Oh er…I-I um, I s-see, er well I um, I could do that I suppose”

“Tell you what, why don’t we meet up for lunch tomorrow in town, and you can take Xandy’s money out of your account, and we can have it transferred, that way-“

“Er, no need. Besides, what does Xandy understand about money hmm? Thank you for thinking of him, but I’ll sort everything out, bye Buffy!” the line went dead.

“The lying, cheating, money grabbing bitch!” Buffy said to the phone.

“I’m sorry – who are you talking about?” Spike asked with his brows raised.

“Xandy’s mother – Xandy’s just been so excited on the phone to me telling me about his new job, and then he asks me how does he open a bank account”

“A bank account – well I’d have thought he’d already have one” Spike said puzzled

“That’s what I said, and Xandy said no, in his name, not his mother’s…”


______________________


“…………Honestly Buffy, she was really nasty to me on the phone, she said I was ‘another one who couldn’t mind their own business, and why couldn’t everybody just leave them alone’ and she slammed the phone down on me, and I didn’t even get to speak to Xandy, she said he was in his room and was going to stay there – I only phoned up to see if he had got the job – do you know what’s she’s on about?” Willow asked

“I do, BITCH she is…I was talking to him a couple of hours ago, anyway, bless him, he’s full of it, telling me what he’s going to do in his new job, and then he asks me how does he open a bank account……………(Buffy went onto explain) I worked it out this afternoon, he must have earned at LEAST half a million dollars after tax the amount of time he’s been on the show – I was thinking of phoning the wages office and asking them”

“Maybe she’s saving it for him?” Willow suggested.

“I don’t think so, she sounded scared at first, stuttering and mumbling her words, and then when I suggested we meet up for lunch and transfer Xandy’s money into a new account, she gets all nasty with me and literally says what does he know about money, thanks but no thanks”

“Well I think she ought to be shamed into it” Willow said.

“Shamed – how?” Buffy asked.

“How about if you, Spike and me go round to her house, and………” Willow began.


“…………………And we could say that if she didn’t stump up a decent amount to put in a new account for Xandy, we’d go to the papers saying how she’s stolen the money he’s earned all these years” Buffy explained to Spike.

“We could do, but we must make sure we’ve got all the facts right first, else we could be in trouble”

“We’ve got to do something Spike, what about when she dies, who’ll look after him then? – It’ll take money”

“I know, but maybe she has it in a special account for him or something, a savings account”

“So why didn’t she just say so? – It sounds fishy to me, and to Willow”

“Well, okay, but we’ve got to be careful” Spike said.

___________________


“She got off too lightly! $100,000 dollars was about a third of what he earned!” Buffy groused

“Yes but, as she said, she’s had to feed and clothe him” Spike said.

“Yeah, but he doesn’t wear designer stuff or eat caviar does he? No, I still think she got off too lightly” Buffy groused

“And she said she’d take him to work every morning now” Willow added.

“Big deal”

“But Xandy seemed bamboozled at that amount of money he’d got”

“I should think he does, when he only gets $10 a week, and he’s not allowed to buy candy or comics. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody go so red as Margaret Harris when I said we’d shop her to the authorities” Spike added.

“Well it’s done now, and I’ve got a little peace of mind back – she can’t touch his money without Xandy or his financial advisor’s say so – she needs both signatures” Buffy said.

“Well ladies, I’ve got things to do, I’ll see you back at home Buffy, bye Will, see you later” Spike kissed Buffy on the lips and Willow on the cheek and left them outside the shopping mall, while he went off home, he had some telephone calls to England to make.

_______________________


“Let’s have a coffee first, I’m seriously in need of caffeine!” Buffy agreed and they went into the coffee shop.

After ordering two tall skinny latte’s, they sat in the corner where they were less likely to be seen. They didn’t mind signing autographs, but once one person did it, there was usually a steady stream and when you had shopping to do, it got a little tiresome.

“So then Joany phones me up last night and said, her daughter–in-law, Agnetha, the Swedish one, I don’t know if you saw her, she was at the New Years party, she wore that fantastic midnight blue silk and chiffon dress with the silver edges, she’d got long white-blonde hair, hung down like a thick curtain, it was beautiful…”

“So what about her?” Willow asked taking a drink of her coffee.

“Oh, well, she works for Vara Wong, she said if I want my wedding dress designed I could get a discount!”

“Wow…I love Joany…especially what she’s done for Xandy”

“Me too – anyway, I’ve decided to take her up on the offer, so you and me will be going to her shop in Merryvale tomorrow afternoon – at least I hope you can” Buffy added.

“Sure – what time?”

“Four thirty. She’ll show me some designs she’s done, the basic shapes and what have you, and then I can pick the fabric and trimmings and stuff – ooh I can’t wait!”

“Do you know what you want?” Willow asked

“Well, not 100% - I have an idea, but I definitely know what I don’t want, and I know the men will be in Morning suits, top hat and tails, they can match the cummerbunds/ties and cravats to the colour scheme we’ve chosen”

“Which is?”

“Um, don’t know yet, we haven’t decided!! There was something I wanted to ask Spike’s friend about” Buffy said

“What’s that then? Willow asked

“Well, you know I told you one of Spike’s friends got married when we stayed at Carrisbrooke, the bride had two teeny little bridesmaids, all blonde hair with tousled curls, they looked like little flower fairies and they were SO sweet and cute you’d die ‘Aww-ing’ at them – well I want them at our wedding if possible…then I’ll have them in pale lemon, with a ring of little flowers in their hair carrying posy baskets”

“That sounds so cute!”

“Believe me, when you see them, you’ll know why the word ‘cute’ was invented!”
chapter 11 The Final Episode by LoobyLoo
Chapter 11


Time flew by, and soon it was the last day of filming Wilson’s Mountain Diner. There had been quite a concerted effort by die-hard fans of the show to stop the cancellation, viewing figures went up, so advertising revenue was up also, but the company told all in a publication ‘Special’ that the cast was ready to move on. Everybody had something to move on to, some with Blackmore Broadcasting, and others with other companies or even films.

Harmony and Faith had got a part each in the musical stage show Alley-Cats, Isaac was staying with Blackmore Productions and doing a TV show for teens, it was a knock-out quiz show, the longer a team stayed on, the better the prizes got. If they managed to knock out six other teams on the trot, they got the top prize of travelling all over America visiting every state. Riley was going in to directing and producing, and Maggie Walsh was going to do a healthy eating plan and fitness DVD for the more mature end of the market.

Joany’s presence on the show had revived interest in the movies she’d made as a young actress, two of which were going to be remade, and she was going to play the mother figure in them this time around. There was also talk of re- doing Dance Academy again, but this time instead of being the piano player, she was going to be the owner of the dancing academy. She also had her contract renewed with the Swiss Spa face cream company and was contracted to them for 6 more advertisements.

Parker and Richard Wilkins were going to do a show together on Monster Trucks and Drag Racing, everything from building the machines to racing them.

Ford got his Gamers show, plus he always had the voice-over advertising for DevilsOwn hot sauces.

Willow got the part of Nadine Brookes, chief forensic expert of the Murder Investigation Team California, a brand new spin-off from M.I.T NY, the original show, and that was due to start filming in August.

Tara was writing a film script, and had also been taken on by the studio WOLF who was making M.I.T California.

Cassie announced that she and her partner were going to try for a baby, and in the meantime she was going back to writing as a freelance journalist and illustrating children’s books.

Both Xandy and Ford had really left the show and started their new jobs already, but they were both back for the final episode.

Tara and Cassie were in the rehearsal room with all the main characters. The ‘Extra’s’ had already been primed as to what they had got to do as regards leaving and arriving, what to say at the counter etc.

“Okay folks…I know it’s sad, and there have been tears, but try and smile please! For the final scene, we are having some extra’s coming and going in the diner, so I want Faith and Harmony cleaning tables and taking orders…Spike I want you at the cooking-range flipping burgers and ham, Buffy at the till, Willow you can be making up desserts, drinks and so on. Right, the mayor, Dr Ryan and Riley, I want you sitting at the first table, the camera is going to pan around and stop occasionally and we’ll hear snippets of conversations, I’d like it if you mayor could perhaps be talking about your re-election campaign and be poking the table with your finger to really ram your point home, whilst talking to the Doc and our officer Jones, okay?”

Richard, Riley and Maggie nodded.

“Faith, Harmony, I want you talking about a hot double- date you’re going on, what you’ll wear etc, in between taking orders from the extra’s that come in, okay?” They both nodded.

Joany, I’ll have you already sitting at the counter with a coffee, and at sometime when the camera is on you two, Buffy can open the till and pay the bill for the order you’ve bought, and then I want Isaac to arrive and Xandy, you help him bring in the stuff, then stand at the counter and have a cold drink with him, just making small talk – right, does everybody know what they’re doing?” Tara scanned the faces, everybody seemed happy enough.

“Okay folks, places please, and ready to roll in two minutes”

When everybody was ready, Tara closed the clapperboard and said, Scene 40, final scene and roll in three, two, one, action!”

The scene opened outside with the camera trained on a couple just leaving the diner, the woman could be heard to say,

“That was an awesome breakfast Chuck, we’ll stop here on the way back” Chuck nodded and they went out of shot. Still moving slowly towards the entrance a big guy wearing hunting gear and his son over-took the camera and went into the diner, the guy stood at the counter looking up at the menu…

Harmony gave him a big smile and said,

“If you’d like to take a seat sir, I’ll bring you the menu, a list of today’s specials and tell me what you want to drink”

“Well now that’s mighty good of you, a large black coffee for me, what do you want son?”

“Are we having OJ with our breakfast?”

“Sure!”

“Well I’ll have a chocolate malt milkshake”

Harmony smiled and wrote this down and put it on the counter. Faith came up beside her and said,

“So I was thinking, I could wear my new skinny jeans and fluffy angora sweater, the blue one, what do you think?”

“Sounds good, here take that guy these menus will you, and the specials list for today while I clear this table” Faith did as she was asked.

Slowly the camera panned around, Willow began to make the milkshake and Spike put a plate with fries and a double bacon cheese-burger and called,

“Service, table 16”

Harmony deposited a tray-load of used plates at the end of the counter and took the order to the correct table.

The camera continued to move around and stopped at the mayor’s table, he was prodding the table with his finger as if to try and get his point across more forcefully, and was saying,

“And I say that a speed-limit of 20 miles per hour within a 100 yard radius of the school entrance is fast enough – that’s what I’m building my re-election campaign on, road safety!”

“Why not try for the whole village, with the old folks home virtually next door to the school, and the church the other side, I’m sure that Captain Groves will support you to strengthen your campaign - I can try and come up with some accident figures for you…” Riley as Officer Jones was saying…the camera went to the counter..

“So Buffy, you’re busy this morning!” Babs said, having delivered the pork products the diner used.

“Yes, it’s the school sports day, I don’t think people like to cook much so they come here instead, we’re all ready for them! Can I give you a re-fill on your coffee? – And here…$245 for the order”

“Thanks, and thanks!”

“Service – tables 21 and 23” Spike called putting out a large breakfast and a chicken fillet burger on top of the counter.

“Buffy, Isaac’s coming” Xandy called from the doorway, he was sweeping up outside.

“Right thanks, help him bring in the order when he gets here will you please”

“Yes”

Handy Andy walked in, in his day clothes as it was his day off.

“Hi everyone – Spike can I have an 8oz ham-steak breakfast special, Tall OJ and a hot tea with milk when you’re ready” Spike nodded and opened the fridge and got out the ham. Andy sat at a table next to the major.

Isaac cracked open his can of soda and said thanks and took a deep draught.

“Hot out there today, and traffic, never seen so much in the village!”

“School Sports day” Buffy said

“Ahh so that’s why!”

“Thanks, bye – that was very nice thank you!” A lady said as she left the diner.

“Thanks, bye, take care now!” Buffy called.

And as the camera panned around the diner giving the viewers one panoramic last look, a man walked in and said,

“I hear I can get a good breakfast here – oh that looks good – can I have one of those?” As he spied Andy’s 8oz ham breakfast special been taken to him by Faith.

“Sure, sit down and one of our waitresses will be right with you” Buffy said, taking money from Harmony as another couple left the diner. The strains of the signature tune began and the camera slowly left the diner…

“And cut, that’s a wrap – thanks folks, that was excellent, I didn’t think we’d do it in one take but you nailed it!”

Buffy closed the till for the last time and felt tears prick her eyes. She looked up and saw Willow swipe away a tear, and then they heard Maggie loudly blow her nose.

“Don’t start me off!” Spike said, although he too could feel a lump in his throat.

Xandy wiped his eyes and Buffy put her arm around him.

“I miss you!” he cuddled her up tight and the tears spilled over.

“Oh love, I miss you too – but you’ll be coming to the wedding won’t you” Xandy just nodded.

Buffy sniffed and Spike handed her a tissue.

_____________________


The directors came in with bottles of champagne and there was a little after-show party, complete with buffet, and all the ladies were given bouquets, the men baskets of fruit.

They got home at about 9.30pm.

“End of an era…when does it go out?” Spike asked getting out of the car.
,
Tuesday. They’re having a ‘Wilson’s night’, they’re showing the first ever episode, and then that show us cast did about our feelings towards the show ending and some of the more larger than life characters we’ve had on and stuff, and then they’ll show the viewers favourite episode, and then the last show to end it” Buffy said letting them into the house.

“What do you reckon is the favourite episode then?” Spike asked

“Erm, I asked Miles Blackmore, he said it was a close run thing between three at the moment, it’s either the one with the fire when the diner went up in flames killing Ma Wilson, or the one where the cook, Mrs Keogh was shot by her own grandson as she recognised him when he held up the diner with a shot gun and robbed us, or the one where a hot-air balloon landed on the roof of the diner and got stuck”

“They covered some pretty heavy storylines then, those first two”

“Oh yes, back in the sixties, some of it was considered very gritty and too strong for a day-time soap”

“Are you hungry?” Spike asked,

“No – I picked at the buffet”

“Hot chocolate?” Spike asked going to the cupboard.

“As long as it’s the low-fat one”

“It is my little scrumptious one” Spike said, waggling the jar at her.

“Can you bring it up I want a bath”

“Sure”

____________________

“This is nice…an early night and not having to get up in the morning!” Buffy said lying in Spike’s arms.

“Well don’t get too used to it love – filming starts next week on Dr How – and knowing the director, he’ll want some crack-of-dawn scenes filming”

“I know. But I can be with you so I don’t care!” Buffy said smiling.

“That reminds me, I must down-load our plane tickets before Tomorrow night” Spike said.

“I can’t wait to see London!” Buffy said sleepily.

Spike kissed her head softly and said,

“Well, I’m looking forward to it a lot more now I know you’re coming with me” Buffy smiled and closed her eyes snuggling up, and they both fell asleep.
Chapter 12 Back to Carrisbrooke by LoobyLoo
Chapter 12 – Back to Carrisbrooke



Following Tuesday, London, Heathrow

Spike pulled their last piece of luggage from the carousel and they headed for the Arrivals lounge.

“I’m sorry pet, we should have travelled first class”

“No, not with all the expense of the wedding coming up, now let’s get a taxi –to where was it?”

“Victoria Bus Station” Spike said wearily pushing the luggage trolley.

__________________


6 hours later Carrisbrooke, Devon


“William, and Buffy, so nice to have you back home!” Mrs Calendar greeted them, and then she continued,

“I bet you’d love a nice cup of tea”

“If you wouldn’t mind Mrs C, and um, could I trouble you for something to eat, we haven’t eaten since being on the plane this morning, we’re famished!” Spike said.

“Say no more, leave your cases there, I’ll have them taken up to your room shortly. Go into the sitting room, there’s a nice fire going”

Buffy and Spike did as they were told, each taking a huge armchair either side of the fire.

Buffy was warming her hands, she was freezing.

“The forecast says it should warm up a little towards the end of the week – we had this sudden cold-snap, my husband is going mad, frost getting at all the young tender shoots in the garden”

Five minutes later, she wheeled in a tea trolley, a plate with some split English Muffins, and some crumpets on, a dish of butter and a knife. There were also little pots of various conserves and a big pot of Carrisbrooke honey.

“Toasting fork is on the tray, I thought this would tide you over till dinner at seven, okay, there’s a beef casserole with our own beef of course, or a chicken and vegetable pie”

“Thanks Mrs C, we appreciate that” Spike said sticking the long toasting fork into a muffin and holding it to the flames of the roaring fire.

He offered it to Buffy once it was golden and she quickly juggled the hot treat to the plate, smothered it in butter and honey and bit into it.

“Hmmm – delish!” She poured them both more tea and they soon finished up the toasted treats.

“That was yummy, I was starving!” Buffy said sitting back and sipping her tea

“Haven’t done that since – God’s knows when”

“What toasting muffins?” Buffy asked and Spike nodded.

They both fell asleep in front of the fire and Spike woke just after 6pm.

“Buffy, love, wake up”

“Hmm – huh – oh, what – oh golly, (she stretched and yawned, then rubbed her eyes sleepily), must have fallen asleep!”

“Yup, we did, it’s gone six, do you want a shower or something before dinner?”

Yawning again Buffy stood and said tiredly,

“No, I don’t think so, it’ll wake me up, I’ll just go splash my face and get changed”

“Yeah, me too, we can have an early night and be right for the morning”

____________________


“Spike…Spike, are you awake?” Buffy asked moving the duvet slightly so she could hear him.

“Hmm…it’s 4.12am, and I can’t sleep” Spike said turning over. Buffy switched on her bedside lamp and sat up, clutching her knees around the duvet.

“Nor me. Shall we get up?”

“What for? It’s pitch dark, cold, I’d rather stay here and snuggle”

“Okay. Did you remember to pack your filofax – I just had a thought that I saw in my minds eye it was on the nightstand back in our bedroom in Sunnydale”

“I nearly forgot it, I had to go upstairs and get my ‘good’ watch out of the drawer, and I saw it and picked it up and it’s in my flight bag, why?”

“Only it’s got everybody’s phone numbers in it…Joany and stuff, I can never remember them as they’re on speed-dial at home”

“What are we going to do today?” Spike asked propping up his head leaning on his elbow.

“Well, after breakfast, I want to go and see Lydia – is it, the lady that does the weddings here – she said I could see her anytime between 9.30 –and 11 today – I want to choose the napery colours for the wedding reception, and the flowers and table decorations”

“Do you need me?” Spike asked.

“Well, no, not really, as long as you trust my choice, why, what have you got to do?”

“I trust you implicitly, anything your little heart desires. Anyway, I’ve got to see a man about a car”

“Ahh, yes. Okay, well I’ll go see Lydia, and then start looking on the ‘net for wedding dress shops in London, I can take down some addresses and have them ready for when Willow comes over”

“Yeah, okay, oh, when is that by the way?”

“Sunday, there’s a flight into Heathrow at lunchtime, she’s booked into the Dorchester hotel and I’ll see her on Monday”

”Didn’t you tell me the daughter-in-law of Joany was making your dress?”

“Un huh, she is, but I need Bridesmaid dresses for the teenies”

Spike nodded and said,

“Well you know best, love”

________________


They met up again at 3pm, Buffy was in their bedroom, sitting on the bed reading a wedding magazine.

“Did that man phone you, Doug Bryson? – He rang here at the house and I told Mrs C to give him your mobile number”

Spike took his mobile out of his pocket and looked at it, he’d got three missed calls and set about calling them…

“Sorry, I was in car show-rooms until gone 1pm, I need a car now I’m back in England, and I can’t keep on borrowing dad’s – that’s why my mobile was switched off, now Doug, what can I do for you?......................................................I see, sure, no problem – when…tonight is a bit short notice, hold on…can I get back to you okay I’ll just check and get straight back onto you” Spike ended the call and explained to Buffy,

“Just going down to see Mrs C, to see if she can squeeze another in for dinner, Doug wants a chat before we start filming and he says he won’t get a chance once we’re on set”

“Okay – I went really tired, came up for a rest”

“Jet lag, I’m knackered myself – it’s the middle of the night really!”

Spike went down and squared things with the housekeeper and phoned Doug again to tell him to go there.

“See you at seven then Doug, bye”

_____________________


Sunday, 3.30pm

Buffy was lying down after a huge lunch of roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, boiled baby new potatoes with the skins on, roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and broccoli, then apple-pie and ice cream. Her mobile rang and she answered.

“Willow – how are you, how was the flight?.......Oh never mind, still you’re there now hmm? – Good…is it, well you can show me tomorrow……um, around 12-12.30 is that okay, give you chance to have a rest I’m still a little jet-lagged even though we’ve been here five days! Okay then, yes I will, see you tomorrow then, bye Will!”

Spike turned over sleepily and asked if Will was okay.

“Yup, her flight was delayed for an hour and an half but she’s at the Dorchester now, she said the room is lovely, and she sends her love”

Spike smiled and said ‘that’s nice’

“What time are we leaving here in the morning?”

“About 8, I want to take it steady, I’ll have to drive straight to the studios, and you can take a taxi to the Dorchester okay?”

Spike said, and Buffy nodded.

_____

At 7 o’clock, Buffy and Spike went downstairs and went outside. It had been raining and the air smelt clean and fresh, green, like new mown grass.

“Cor, get a lung full of that girl, good honest fresh air!” Spike said breathing deeply.

“So who is this we’re meeting in the pub?” Buffy asked as they walked up the lane towards the village.

“Ozzie Davis, he produces all the pigs we use for the catering at Carrisbrooke – I was thinking love, we’re having a formal sit down meal in the afternoon, the traditional ‘Wedding Breakfast’ as it’s called, even though it’s a lunchtime, but on the night, with the marquee up I was thinking, what if we have a BBQ, there will be a lot of show biz people and quite a few from the world of rock, as well as formal guests like the dukes and the duchesses we’ll have to invite, we can do the buffet in the ball room too, I just thought that if the rockers wanted to get rowdy, outside, in a marquee, with a BBQ might be a good idea, what do you think?”

“I think that’s an excellent idea – can we have fireworks too?”

“All in hand my little one – we’re seeing him tomorrow night!”

“Who?”

“The pyrotechnics specialist who does all the displays here”

“Brilliant!” Buffy said grinning and Spike grinned too and squeezed her hand.

Ozzie was at the bar when they walked in

“William, good to see you again – and this is your intended is it – well I must say, you definitely have an eye for the pretty ones you old git!” Ozzie shook Spike warmly by the hand and found it hard to take his eyes off Buffy!

“This is indeed my beautiful fiancée! And you can keep your beady eyes off her!” Buffy Blushed and giggled, shook Ozzies hand.

“You should hear the stories I could tell you about this one, what he used to get up to when he was young, little hooligan he was!”

“Only by your provocation!” Spike said laughing, and then he looked at the barman and asked for a pint of bitter, he turned and asked Buffy what she wanted, she opted for a glass of merlot, and Ozzie drained his pint and Spike said lager, was it?”

“Nope, pear cider”

“And a pint of pear cider for him, and one for yourself my good man!” The barman poured the drinks and thanked him, gave him his change and they went and sat down.

“So William, you said you’d got an idea but you wanted to run it passed Buffy First?”

“Yup, I have, and she agrees, we’d like a BBQ in the evening. We’re still going to have the traditional buffet in the ballroom, all forma like, but we’re putting the marquee up outside and we thought if it got a bit rowdy, then being outside it wouldn’t matter”

“Great idea, and you want me to supply the stuff I take it” Ozzie asked, taking another deep draught of his pint.

“That’s what I thought, you could give us some ideas as to what to have and that” Spike asked

“No problem, on a budget?”

Spike shook his head ‘no’ and said,

“No mate, go with the flow, nothing would get wasted anyway, the kitchens at Carrisbrooke can always use what’s leftover”

“Great…well I think a pig roast obviously, we could do one big one, or how about if I did some suckling pigs, and a small pig, you could have something else too then, like a side of wild boar or some chickens too”

“Or both, yeah that sounds great mate, what do you think babe?” Spike asked

“Fantastic, would you be the one cooking it?” Buffy asked

“Me and me brother, my lad could help too, and the Mrs” Ozzie said

“Well they’d be invited anyway – how old is your lad?”

“15, joined the ‘Young Farmers’, and I’m pleased to say he’s following his old dad into the business!”

Spike smiled and then said,

“Don’t you have a daughter too?”

“Oh yes, our Charlotte is eight, proper little madam too with her airs and graces, won’t come anywhere near me if I smell of pig, which is most of the time!”

“Eight…how tall is she?” Buffy asked

“Tall…let me see…she’s about so high, why?” (Ozzie held his arm up)

“Do you think she’d like to be a bridesmaid – I need a forth one, so they can walk down the aisle in pairs” Buffy said

“Are you serious?” Ozzie asked

“Yes, do you think she would?”

“It’s only her dream, to be a bridesmaid at ‘the big house’ as she calls it, she keeps telling me that she’s going to get married there one day, I said I’m glad she told me coz I better start saving now for it!”

“I’m going to London tomorrow until Wednesday, how about if – “ the pub door opened and Ozzie stood up, it was his wife.

“Hold on Buffy, this is Tracy, my wife”

“I forgot my front door keys, can I have yours?” Tracy asked

“Love, have you got our Lotty with you?”

“Yes, she’s outside in the car, I’ve just fetched her from pony club, why?”

“This is William, from the big house, I told you about him?” Ozzie said.

“Oh yes, pleased to meet you” Tracy shook hands with Spike and Buffy.

“Well, tell you what, you tell her Buffy”

“I asked Ozzie if he thought Charlotte would like to be a bridesmaid – I want four so they can walk down the isle in pairs”

Tracy grinned and said,

“Would she – come outside and meet her!” So Buffy went outside to see a Range Rover parked on the other side of the road.

“I won’t be a minute, just got to get the front door keys from Oz, go introduce yourself” Tracy said to Buffy.

Buffy crossed the road and opened the door to the Range Rover.

“Hello, you must be Charlotte, your mom just said to come out and introduce myself”

“Hello! – Where are you from?” the child asked confidently.

“America, but my boyfriend and I are getting married here in England, William lives in the big house as you call it”

“Oh I love it there…I like the petting zoo, and the tea rooms and the gift shop. I want to get married there when I’m older!” Charlotte said, twirling her hair around her fingers.

Buffy smiled and said,

“Well Charlotte, I know we’ve only just met, but I was wondering if you would do me a big favour?” The child nodded and saw her mother crossing the road coming towards them.

“Well, how would you like to be a bridesmaid for me?” Buffy asked

Charlotte stopped fiddling with her hair and sat up straight and looked serious, she said,

“At the big house?”

“At the big house” Buffy said nodding

“For real?” the child’s eyes were as big as saucers

“For real!” Buffy said grinning

“OH YES PLEASE!” She flung her arms around Buffy and squealed with delight, calling,

“Mum, mum, I’m going to be a bridesmaid at the big house!!”

“I know, but only if you’re good!”

In a quiet aside Tracy said,

“I’m glad I’ve got something over her now, her behaviour will be impeccable!”

“I’m going to London tomorrow, here…I’ll give you my mobile number, could you give me her measurements and shoe size, I shall be touring the wedding shops tomorrow” Buffy said.

“No problem, I’ll get the tape measure out when I get home – when is the wedding?” Tracy asked, taking the number off Buffy.

“June 23rd”

“Oh, only a few months then – hear that Lotty, only a few months to wait!”

I can’t wait, will I look like a princess?”

“I hope so!” Buffy said

“I can’t wait!” Lotty said again.

“Well I let you get back inside – tell Ozzie not to make it too late, I want a bath and bed”

“Will do, bye then Tracy, Bye Charlotte”

“Bye Buffy, and thank you for letting me be a princess!” Buffy smiled, waved them off and went back inside the pub.
Chapter 13 by LoobyLoo
Chapter 13

Monday morning dawned, Spike and Buffy were up early as he wanted an early start into London. He’d paid for the ‘congestion charge’ on-line so he could drive in the centre of London, and dropped Buffy off by a taxi rank so she could go to the Dorchester Hotel to meet Willow, while he drove himself to the film studios, that was in the opposite direction.

Willow told Buffy how she’d been awake half the night, and just started to feel sleepy at 5.30am!

“It’ll pass – I thought, well according to my plan, there’s a lot of shops I’d like to look at in Oxford Street, I thought we’d try there first, then go have some lunch somewhere” Buffy said.

After looking in half a dozen shops, they went for a coffee in a large shopping mall. Willow told Buffy all the news she’d had, Xandy was getting on famously with the animals, they’d ‘taken’ to him and he loved his new job. Faith and Harmony were over their aches, pains and strains of getting into shape rehearsing for the show they were about to star in, and Ford’s gamer show, had been rated one of the top teenage shows on TV. Showing initiative, he’d had one or two ideas of his own for the show, like getting the kids to write in with ‘cheats’ for finding secret levels for games, or how to get unlimited ‘lives’ or special weapons, and they were ‘awarded’ with a Gamer’s Golden Joystick Award. He also got the programmers onto the show, to tell the kids what inspired them to write the games, how they got their ideas etc – it made for a more interesting programme rather than just listing new games out and how to play them. Every week a kid from the audience was picked to try out a new game, and play against a ‘celebrity’. This had been another of ford’s suggestions and the producers loved the idea.

“Oh, and Joany said, not to worry, she’s got it written in all her contracts that she can’t work the days from the 19-27th of June, so she can be here and that”

“Oh good, she’ll be like my mom I suppose, her and your mom!” Buffy said smiling.

“My mom can’t wait to come over here – I showed her Carrisbrooke on the internet, and she said it’ll be like being in one of those English classic TV programmes like Brideshead or a Bronte sister’s novel!” Willow said grinning.

“I bet your dad will be bored stiff!”

“No, he’s been to London before, but when I told him the estate had its own golf course and fishing river, he looked pleased. Mom said he can either bring his golf clubs OR fishing tackle, not both!

“What do you think he’ll bring?”

“Oh his clubs, definitely, I told him he can hire fishing tackle” Willow said.

“Right then, Buffy said, finishing her coffee, ready to tackle a few more shops? – Actually, there’s two in here I’d like to look at, one is on the third floor, it’s called ‘Something Different’, and the other is on the first floor, it’s called Danceland, but they do ball-gown’s and stuff” Buffy said. They left the food-court and went to the elevators.

___________________


“…………We see your doctor as a bit more ‘Wild’ if you like, a Maverick, a Doctor who will go out on a limb, even if there’s only the slightest chance of things working, he’ll take it, no matter what the danger, he’ll put the TAXI through the wringer and expect her to come through”

Spike nodded and said,

“Great, I wanted to play him a bit wild, I’ve been watching the last three doctors, we’ve had one who does things by the book, one who was more into science and exploration, and the last one - I don’t know, maybe that’s how he was told to play it, but I thought he was a bit of a wimp!” Spike said

“Exactly, so when the doctor meta-morphs into you this time, I want you to have a gung-ho attitude, come out all guns blazing so to speak – okay – well do a quick run-through and then start, okay?” Spike nodded.

“Mr Giles, would you follow me please, I’m Forest, head of wardrobe”

“Be right with you”

___________________


“Oh Buffy, they’ll be perfect!” Willow said. They were in Danceland, and Buffy had walked to the ballet section of the shop, and found some little ballerina tutu’s, peach, with little handkerchief points, with ballet slippers to match

“They will, won’t they – I’ll go get an assistant, see what sizes they’ve got”

___


“I’m sorry madam, we only have it in the 16 and the 24 inch chest, but not an 18, I can ring our other branches to see if they can help”

“If you can get me one, I’ll take the 16 inch chest one too” Buffy said

The assistant showed them where they could sit while she made some telephone calls. Ten minutes later she came back and said,

“I’ve phoned out three branches in the London area, and nobody has a 20 in the peach, but our shop in Barker’s in Praed Street has a 16 and an 18 in lemon or powder blue”

“Hmm…what do you think Will, the teenies Poppy and Lily in lemon, and you and Lotty in peach?”

“Sounds fine to me, but shall we have another look around first, then get back to them – just in case?” Willow suggested

“Yes, we’ll do that, I’ll phone you before you close tomorrow, would that be alright?” Buffy asked, and the woman assured them it was.

“Tell me more about these teeny tiny flower girls then!” Willow asked

“Well, you know I said we went to a wedding when I stayed here last time, one of Spike’s old school friends, Christopher Hugo-Daly, known as Kit, well the girl he married is called Annabel, known as Bel, they’re her sister’s two little girls she had them at her wedding and they were beyond cute, – I think I’ve got some pictures of them somewhere, anyway I asked and she said yes, they could be my bridesmaids too” Willow nodded

“Where next?”

“Um hold on, where’s the street-finder map…er…underground – come on we need to go from Oxford Circus…eastbound, two stops to Holborn, then change and go southbound, one stop to Covent Garden”

“Ooh, this is exciting!” Willow said, and both grinning they set off.

__________________


Wardrobe had provided Spike with what was to be his ‘standard’ Dr How outfit, combat trousers in khaki, a black tee shirt and a brown leather flying jacket with sheepskin collar, circa the 1940’s.

“Scene 11, take one…close the gate….and roll-em – action!” The director shouted.

“Sorry…it’s just…my time to………go” the old doctor slumped to the floor, his assistant, Tina ran over to him and called out,

“NO – DOCTOR – you can’t leave me!” She pulled the old doctor onto his back, and the director called ‘cut’

“Okay Spike, you lie down how he was lying…and we’ll do the magic metamorphosis with some camera trickery”

“Action”

Spike lay there with his eyes shut, and was shook awake by the old doctors assistant, Tina.

“DOCTOR – DOCTOR – Oh my god, whats…whats happening – who are you?”

Spike opened his eyes, looked about him and sat up, looked at the girl, and stood up.

“Who are you, where is the doctor, what have you done with him?”

“I’m How, not who, I’m the doctor. The old doctor, his time was up – we’re reincarnated straight away. Right, let me see…hmm, classic London Cab, ahh, this is a TAXI, Time and Xploration Initiative machine…haven’t seen one of these babies in years…okay, let’s crank her up, see what she can do!...Er, haven’t seen a Sonic ignition key around here, have you?”

Tina said,

“The doctor, the ‘Old’ doctor always kept it in…here, I’ll show you”

“Thanks – by the way, where are we, and what’s the date?” Spike asked, looking at the controls and pressing a few buttons

“Where? Um, oh!” They got ‘thrown’ from side to side and the doctor just about managed to hold on,

But poor Tina wasn’t so fortune, and banged her head on the consul, and was knocked out. The Doctor flicked a few switches, pressed a few buttons on the consul and a shaft of green light glowed in the centre of the room. The rattling and shaking stopped, and Spike looked at the calendar.

“Hmm, London, Earth 1984 April 14th huh…er, are you alright pet?” Spike noticed ‘Tina’ coming round.

She got up groggily

“Where – where am I – who are you…I…OW! My head hurts!”

“Does April the 14th, 1984 mean anything to you Pet?”

“Hmm – yeah, course it does, it’s today, me mum’s birthday, need to get a taxi to her house, gonna be a big party”

Spike looked out of the window, saw that the TAXI was parked on a corner of a road called Newman’s Way.

“Newmans Way by any chance?”

“Er, yeah, ‘ere, ‘ow did you know that – what is this thing anyway?”

“This is the TAXI, pet”

“Funniest bloomin’ taxi I’ve ever seen” Spike went over to the door and opened it, Tina saw that she was indeed at her destination

“How much do I owe you?” she asked.

“This one’s on me pet…go carefully” Tina stepped out and looked at the black cab and frowned, she then walked on muttering to herself,

“Weirdest bloomin’ taxi I’ve ever seen…oh gawd, I’ve forgotten me mums present!” She turned to see the taxi no longer there – but she didn’t hear it drive off…

Back inside the TAXI machine Spike dashed around pushing buttons and generally getting his bearings.

“Come on old girl, we can go faster than this!” Spike cranked up the speed and the TAXI began to shake violently again.

“Okay, okay…I get the message…going to have to tweak your power conduits my love…perhaps re-route some power from life-support to the engine thrusters…who needs to breathe, breathing’s overated anyway. Computer re-route auxillery power form life-support to main thrusters engines, 50%!”

“Power re-routed” The computer answered in metallic tones.

Spike pressed a few more buttons and the TAXI responded as he slid the accelerator forward…

“There you go old girl, knew you’d got it in you…now where are we off to? Spike watched as the calendar went wild, whizzing around, to stop at 3049…Omnius 4, Gamma Quadtrant.

The TAXI landed and Spike looked out of the window. Remembering his scripted lines, Spike said

“Looks a bit bleak out there…computer!”

“Yes Doctor?”

“Is the air breathable?”

“Planet Omnius 4, an Earth-like planet in the Gamma Quadrant. Atmosphere contains hydrogen, oxygen and other compounds. Breathable. The ambient temperature is 65 degrees Fahrenheit”

“Thank you computer” Spike opened the door.

“And cut!” Thanks every one. Scene 22, ready to roll in 2 everybody” The director called

“That was great Spike - we’ll finish filming the end while we have the cab here – I hope you’re not expecting an early night tonight!”

“No, actually, I wasn’t!”

“Good, we’ll be out at Shackleton’s Marshes tomorrow to film, I hope this weather stays” Spike looked off set to a thin, mean drizzly grey day, and he suddenly wasn’t really looking forward to tomorrow at all now…he hated being out in the cold wet rain!

___________________

“See the problem is, I wanted you in all the same colour really, but I can’t visulise you in either lemon or powder blue” Buffy said to Willow.

“Me neither really I suppose” Willow agreed, and then she said,

“But we haven’t got to get them now, today have we – I mean there must be hundreds of other places we could try?”

Buffy was foot-sore and tired, Willow was jet lagged, and it was only just 1.20pm!”

“Let’s go get something to eat, I’m starving!” Willow said, and they made their way back to the Underground station.
Chapter 14 Wedding shopping by LoobyLoo
Chapter 14

“So, what are you going to have?” Willow said as they sat back down in the food court.

“I know what I’d like…oh to hell with it, I’m going to have a burger and fries, I’ll snack it tonight, as I’m on my own probably – Spike will be filming late, he said he’d – OH! This might be him now – I was just going to say he was going to ring me!.............. Hi babe! She’s fine…no, no luck so far, if we can get the colour I want, then they haven’t got the sizes…no I know…you will – thought so, I just said to Will you’d be late…yes, I suppose I could stay – I’ll phone Mrs Calendar and tell her…okay then…ring me later when you’ve finished – I don’t mind if it is after midnight…okay then, bye, bye!”

“I’m going to stay here in London tonight, I’ll just ring Mrs C and tell her we won’t be home for supper…” Buffy said to Willow

“Right, that’s done, I’ll book a room at the Dorchester”

“No, you can stay in my room, there’s a huge bed and a huge couch, they won’t know!”

“If you’re sure!”

_________________


12.35am Willow’s room at the Dorchester

“Hi babe!”

“I’m knackered –cold, wet and starving!”

“Oh you poor thing!”

“Could well be the same tomorrow – Gez wants to carry on filming while the weather is rough, were supposed to be on a weird planet!”

“Don’t you catch cold!”

“I’ll try not to… the lads have set up a tarpaulin for us to shelter under, and we have a brazier to warm ourselves and have hot drinks when we’re not needed for filming”

“Well that’s something I suppose – so how’s it going?”

“Great, the opening scene is in the can as they say, where the old doctor undergoes a metamorphosis into me”

“Have you met any ‘nasties’ yet?”

“That’ll be tomorrow I’ll meet my foe!”

“Well don’t get terminated or whatever – I need you!”

This made Spike chuckle and he said,

“I won’t…could do with a cuddle though!”

“Me too – never mind, I’ll make it up to you soon as I can!”

“I’ll hold you to that!”

(Spike yawned)

“I suppose I better let you go now”

“They’ve just sent out for some take-away, but I think I’ll wait for the chuck wagon in the morning, I’m going to turn in and check my script for tomorrow, you know what I’m like first night in a strange bed, I never sleep that well”

“What’s your trailer like?”

“Great – really nice, practically new – you can see it when you come over”

“Okay babe”

“What are you going to do now?”

“Watch a DVD – there’s a big screen TV in the suite Willow’s got!”

“Nice, well then babe, night-night, love you”

“Love you too, sleep tight”

__________________


Buffy woke to the sound of the shower running. She stretched and yawned, and got up and went over to the kettle, it was red hot, must have just boiled. She made herself a coffee, and switched on the TV for the news.

Willow came into the room in her towelling robe rubbing her hair with a towel.

“Morning!”

“Hey – Tea or coffee?” Buffy asked going over to the kettle

“Tea please – hold on…I’ve got some herbal ones in my bag pocket” Willow opened her bag and got one out and passed it to Buffy, who dropped it into a mug and poured on boiling water.

“So, what are we going to do today?” they both sat on the bed, sipping their drinks, Buffy said

“There are some more shops I want to check in central London, and if I don’t get any joy, then we could head out to Essex, there are quite a few there too”

“Okey-dokey.”

Buffy finished her coffee, had a quick shower and just as she’d got dressed, Spike rang her.

“Hi babe – were are you?”

“At the hotel, just had a shower…what are you eating?”

“Hmm, a bacon and sausage bap with a fried egg on it, yummy!”

“Sounds good!”

“Tis – anyway, I was talking to Gez, and he doesn’t need me after about 4 this afternoon, while the weather is the way it is, he wants to film a battle scene, so I can meet you if you like, just say where”

“Great, tell you what, got to the hotel, and we can meet there – if were not back, wait in the lounge bar, and I’ll come and find you”

“Okay love, take care”

“Will do, and you, bye”

Buffy re-iterated to Willow what Spike had just said to her and they decided not to order breakfast, but to get something while they were out.

______________________


Looking in the street-finder map and the address of the wedding shop Buffy had taken down from the local phone book, Buffy looked at the number of the bookshop they were standing outside of.

“So if that’s 153…and next door is 155, it’s got to be on the other side of the road…down that way”

“Yes...come on…that’s 146…148……….154…156 – it’s down there, next to the last shop look” Willow said, and they crossed the road.

“This looks really nice” Buffy said looking inside the window, they had a stunning wedding dress in the window, surrounded by things a bride might need, a veil, shoes, parasol, dolly bag, ring pillow, etc.

They went inside. A tall slim lady, who with obvious poise had used to be a model smiled and asked if she could help them. Buffy explained what she was after.

“If you’d like to take a seat, I can show you our latest range via our website, and if there is something that catches your eye, I can take the number and show it to you”

So Buffy and Willow took a seat at a table and the lady via another computer started up the programme for them.

After looking at about a dozen, the screen went blank and the title ‘Petite-Fleurs’ came up.

“Oh know that means little flowers Willow said, and they began to see the prettiest dresses Buffy and Willow had seen so far.

“Oh – oh look – can you just imagine little Lily and Poppy in that – they’d look SO cute!”

“And look, they do it in bigger sizes too, so Charlotte can wear one too!” Willow said pointing to the screen

Buffy clicked the mouse button and paused the screen. The assistant came over and smiled, saying

“You’re having little ones as well as a matron of honour – how lovely!”

She left and came back with a dress to fit the little ones, then one that would fit Charlotte.

“What do you think Buffy, reckon they’ll look like little princesses?”

“Reckon so…”

“Sure you don’t want to shop around a bit more?”

“No – no, my mind is made up - I’ll take the three of them please – and I want some ballet pumps to match”

“Certainly madam…”

“Buffy – what are they going to carry?”

“Well little fresh flower baskets I hope, why?”

“Oh…I was just looking at these dolly-bags, these little draw-string bags here”

“They are nice…perhaps I’ll get one for you, you can keep tissues and a lipstick in there for us”

Buffy took one of the bags and put it on the counter, as she did, a sparkle caught her eye and she went over to the tiaras.

She chose one for Willow and Willow put it on.

“How will you be having your hair?”

“I’m not sure – how do you want my hair Buffy, up, down?”

“Tonged into ringlets and then tousled to look slightly wild!”

Everybody grinned, and the assistant said,

“Well, in that case, can I recommend…this one?” She took down a clear acetate box and opened it. She slipped the tiara out and slid it into place on Willow’s head.

“It’s got slightly more height at the front, and it will sit better than a small one that could look lost”

“Yes… I see what you mean, I’ll take it, thanks!” The assistant took it to the counter along with Buffy’s credit card.

It was then Buffy saw the shoes to die for.

“Oh god aren’t they beautiful – do you have these in size – hold on…I’m an English size 6?”

“I know we do, they only came in yesterday – we have them in snow white, pearl white, ivory, cream or we can have then dyed any colour you like”

“Ivory please” The assistant left to go to the stock room and Buffy sat down and took off her shoes, and turned up a cuff on her boot-cut jeans.

She borrowed a pair of ‘pop sox’ and tried on the shoes – they fitted like they’d been made for her and Buffy was over the moon with them.

They assistant boxed the shoes and tiara, put the dresses in fabric zip-up covers and bagged up the tiara. She also sprinkled a handful of perfumed silk rose petals into the bag.

“And I hope you have a wonderful day – if you’d like to email a picture of your wedding day you will be put on our wedding site for a month”

“Thanks – I’ll do that”

“Can I ask where you’ll be getting married?”

Buffy told her and the assistant said it was beautiful there, she knew of it. When Buffy said WHO she was marrying, the lady looked even more impressed.

“He’s a rock star isn’t he?”

“Used to be with the Vampyres – actor now, the new Dr How in fact, filming at this moment!”

__________________
Chapter 15 Shopping done!! by LoobyLoo
Author's Notes:
One more chapter to go, and that's it!
Chapter 15

“Be with you in two babe, okay?” Spike said

“I’ll come down to reception to meet you”

________________________


“………So Gez shouts cut, but because of the costume, the guy can’t hear him, and he keeps on hacking and bashing away and the poor guy he’s standing over, so the horror on his face is for real and not acting!” Spike said.

Buffy and Willow grinned, Willow saying,

“So, is this your first proper movie?”

“Well, scripted, yes. When I was with the Vampyres, we had a film crew follow us around, when we did the festivals the one year, all very Spinal Tap it was, Rack just acted like an arse most of the time, and Sweetly was always off his face – mind you, we slept in some disgusting places…the one time, it rained so bad, our van was up to the wheel-arches in mud…Eugh! (He shuddered)

“When have you got to go back?” Buffy asked

“Tuesday morning, first thing. They’re doing battle scenes and want to check out the CGI bits” Spike said, and then he continued,

“So I thought we could go home, get Willow settled and show her where they’ll all be staying for the wedding. How’s the shopping going!”

“Well, we went to – oh…don’t listen to me, I’ll let Buffy tell you – oooo I’m SO excited!” Willow said grinning, going slightly red.

Buffy smiled and said,

“Well, the bridesmaids are sorted, I’ve got my shoes, veil, tiara for Willow and the florist said she’d get back to me on Tuesday and tell me what flowers will be available in June, then I can discuss napery colours, and the menu with Mrs C”

Spike nodded

“I must see about getting a morning suit, do you want me to wear a top hat?” Spike asked, running a hand through his hair.

“Oh yes, top hat and tails” Buffy said with a grin.

“We’ll hire them then…so that will be me, dad, the best man…and the ushers, one, two, three, and two ushers… - two ushers will be enough, won’t it?”

“Yes, there aren’t that many coming form my side” Buffy said.

“I’ll have to see dad – find out who’s got to come, looks bad if I accidentally leave someone off the list…

“Well, shall we have something to eat and then set off for home, all packed Will?”

“Yup, just got to get my wash-bag stuff from the bathroom, and then check-out”

“Um, I’ve done that” Spike said.

“What?”

“Checked you out – I’ve paid, it’s only fair”

“Oh Spike, thank you, you needn’t have done that!”

“Yes I did, now, no more about it, come on me lovelies, I’m so hungry, I could eat a scabby horse between two bits of bread!” Spike said standing up off the bed he’d been sitting on.

“EWWW…what a lovely turn of phrase you have – NOT! Anyway, I don’t know about that, what did you say, a scabby horse? (Spike Nodded grinning) – But we DO know where we can get nice fried chicken parts covered in yummy stuff…come on!”

“Lead me to it!”

______________________________


It was dark when they finally arrived at Carrisbrooke, but from the electric gates at the top of the driveway you could see the house illuminated with all the outside lights that were subtly placed in the gardens.

“Oh wow Spike…it looks like – well, a palace!” Willow stared in wonderment. Spike grinned and slowed the car.

“It does look impressive all lit up like that doesn’t it!”

Buffy had rang Mrs Callendar to tell her they were half an hour away, and she said she’d be ready for them.

___________________


“And here, is your en-suite – oops, sorry, walk-in wardrobe-come-dressing room…this (she opened the door next to it) yeah, this is the bathroom” Buffy said

“Wow…it’s even more posh than the Dorchester…mom and dad will just LOVE this!”

Buffy smiled and said,

“Mrs C said dinner in an hour, so I’m going for a shower, if you need anything, pick the phone up and dial 10, that’ll put you through to our room”

“Thanks – and all my stuff un-packed and put away for me!”

“Yup, while we had tea in the lounge, great isn’t it! - Oh, anything you want washing, leave on the chair by door”

“Okay, thanks – will you come and get me coz I’ll get lost trying to find the dining room from here!”

“Sure, see you in say, ¾ of an hour? – We can have a quick drink before dinner then”

Willow nodded and Buffy left for her shower.

_________________


Spike pounced on Buffy and made her giggle as soon as she walked through the door.

“Come here you…haven’t had chance to say hello to you properly yet…” Spike homed in and gave her a breath-stealing, toe curling kiss!

“God I missed you last night!”

“It was only one night!” Buffy said kissing his neck, smiling

“Ah-ahahahah – I know – careful else I might just do…this!!” Spike swept her up in his arms and threw her on the bed quickly following her and he sat astride her.

“I told Willow I was going for a shower!”

“Well, you can shower after!”

“After what?” Buffy said grinning, reaching for his zipper………

“After this…”


__________________


The phone rang, Buffy grabbed it and said,

“Just coming Will, sorry!”

“Okay”

Buffy said to Spike,

“I’ll see you downstairs…god, hold on….where’s my antiperspirant…god have you seen my hair, why didn’t you tell me it was all mussed!”

“Will you relax babe” Spike said sitting up in bed grinning at her

Buffy squirted under her arms and said,

“She’s gonna know I didn’t shower!” Spike grinned and got out of bed. Buffy couldn’t resist smacking his bare bottom and she giggled and ran away.

“I’ll get you back!” Spike said as she went through the door.

__________________


“That lamb was the best lamb I’ve ever eaten – it was just SO tasty!” Willow said

“It’s from the farm here…I was thinking of having crown roast of lamb as one of the wedding breakfast dishes. I always think it’s called a breakfast, no matter what time of day it is!”

“You’ll have to show me the menus”

“Will you have pudding?” Mrs C asked, taking the plates away

“Pudding?” Willow asked

“Dessert – proper term is pudding” Buffy whispered

“Um, er – are you having any Buffy?”

“Chocolate sponge, with a melted chocolate centre, caramel sauce and whipped cream, I should say so!”

Willow grinned and said, “Sold!”

“Spike, what about you?”

“Hmm – what’s that love?” Spike was reading a letter.

“Can’t that wait?”

“Well, I suppose, but there’s that much here, I’ll be up till well gone midnight, now what was the question again?”

“Chocolate sponge?”

“No thanks…I’ll just take a coffee into the office – I’ll leave you two ladies to talk, there’s a couple of phone calls I’ve got to make”

“Is everything alright, you look serious” Buffy said, she herself looking worried now.

“Yeah, don’t worry, I’m sure” Spike gave her a smile, but it didn’t reach his eyes and Buffy began to worry even more.

Spike helped himself to coffee while the girls chatted away.

He went to the office, opened the door and switched on the light. He sat at the desk, and started up the computer. Using his own private passwords, he opened up his personal files, Accounts – TAX He glanced at the letter and typed in Tax year April 7th 2006-April 6th 2007. He studied the figures he’d got in his file against the ones on the letter and let out a huge sigh of relief, the ones on the letter were seriously short on what he’d paid out. That was one valuable lesson his father had taught him, was to ALWAYS do his own tax returns and signing of cheques, never let anybody else do it, then they couldn’t fiddle you.

After a few phone calls, Spike closed down the computer and took his letter and empty coffee cup into the sitting room where the girls were watching TV with the rest of the bottle of wine they’d opened for dinner.

“Everything alright babe?” Buffy asked

“Fine!” Spike bounce-sat on the sofa and grinned

“Shall we go out for a drink?”

“Show our Willow some of the locals?”

Buffy looked at Willow and said

“Will?”

Willow grinned and said, do I have to dress up?”

“Nope, jeans and a tee shirt are just fine” Buffy said taking in her friend’s attire.

“Might need a coat though, it’s a bit chilly!” Spike said.

They stood and Spike switched off the TV, and Willow said, I think I can find my way back to my room…”

“Lead the way then Red!” Spike said.


Buffy put on a little mascara, and then said to Spike,

“HOW MUCH!” In shock

“I know, I’m glad I checked, anyway, there is NO WAY I owe the Inland revenue £4 million pounds, we did one tour here, and cut one album here, the rest of the work we did in America – I was only in England 7 weeks that tax year, we got virtually nothing from that album sale, thanks to the dick-head manager we had at the time putting it on the net. People we down-loading it for free, I don’t think we sold 200,000 copies in the end. Anyway, ready pet?”

“Ready!” Buffy said, zipping up her padded body warmer with thick knitted sleeves.

“Let’s go!”

_____________________
Chapter 16 Here Comes the Bride by LoobyLoo
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy it
Chapter 16 Here Comes the Bride


Below are photos of Buffy’s wedding attire, the bridesmaid’s outfits, flowers and chocolate wedding cake. 1. Wedding shoes 2. Her dress (In Ivory, not the light gold shown, and don’t forget to click on the thumbnail photos at the bottom to see the back and front properly! 3. Willow’s dress in the green. 4. Lily, Poppy and Charlottes dresses. 5. Wedding bouquet 6. The chocolate wedding cake.

http://www.weddings2go.co.uk/Details.cfm?ProdID=696&category

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?page=1&style=S5261

http://www.flirtprom.com/dress.aspx?page=1&style=P1445

http://www.flowergirldressforless.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Flower-Girl&Product_Code=5336I&Category_Code=Green

http://www.wedphotos.com/resources/bridal_bouquets/048.htm

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1240/1294990041_01ab5151bf.jpg



Time flew. Everything had been planned and done down to the last detail. Cottages on the estate had been cleaned and ready for the American guests to stay in. A Live band had been booked for the evening, as well as a Violin/cello/piano trio to play in a ‘chill-out’ room if things got a little too noisy for the more mature guests. Spike’s Dr How film, ‘The Revenge of the Extermibots’ was in the can after 6 weeks. Buffy flew back to America for a dress fitting and to make final arrangements for Willow to move into her house. She flew back to England and it was three weeks before the wedding. The invitations had been sent out over a month previously and they’d had virtually all the acceptances back, bar one or two.

Buffy’s dress had arrived at Carrisbrooke by FedEx, and it was perfect. Mrs Calendar said it was one of the most beautiful dresses she’d ever seen, and it had been hung up in a spare room where it had lots of space so it wouldn’t crease. The morning suits had been hired, the men were going to wear top hats and tail coats in grey, with black pinstriped trousers, white shirts and waistcoats with a sage green swirl on it. Buffy wanted her hair to be a mass of tumbling curls and waves, and as her hair wasn’t quite long enough, she had had extensions put in whilst in America. They looked really natural, and even close up you couldn’t tell. The menu had been finally decided upon, and they were going to have the following:


The wedding breakfast:

Lobster tails with angel hair pasta with a truffle dressing
OR
Very light cream of herb soup
OR
Wild Boar pâté with brandy and pink peppercorns, side salad and Melba toast

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

Loin of Gloucester Old Spot pork, with a Calvados (apple brandy) cream sauce
OR
Roast rib of black Aberdeen Angus beef with Yorkshire pudding
Both above served with a selection of lightly steamed summer vegetables and
roast/boiled potatoes
OR
Vegetarian option:
Stir-fry of firm marinated tofu with mixed Chinese vegetables in a lemon sauce with.
soft noodles

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

3 three bite-sized desserts on a plate:

Raspberry cream swirl cheesecake, mini chocolate sponge with a gooey chocolate fudge
centre, and a mini tropical fruit tartlet served with whipped cream.

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

Cheeseboard with a selection of English cheeses with crackers and grapes

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

Café, Port, Brandy and liqueurs

~~~

Champagne or the appropriate wine for the meat/meal would be drunk throughout the meal.
On entering the reception after the wedding people would be greeted with a glass of Champagne and caviar and sour cream blinis, smoked salmon canapés and quails eggs, langoustines, smoked chicken bites.

The evening reception was to include a collation of cold cuts, whole cold poached salmon, various salads, buttered rolls, chicken drumsticks, quiches, cheeses and chips and dips. There would also be a Barbecue outside the marquee.

Buffy and Spike had chosen snow-white linen tablecloths, with dark green napery, with posies of mini summer roses and star-gazer lilies in peachy colours, apricots and gold for the table centres. Pillars had trailing ivy wound around them and sparkling crystal covered butterflies were hidden onto it to catch the light. They were also placed on the curtain swags too.

Large flower arrangements were also place on plinths around the room and gave off a beautiful fragrance, and well as being beautiful to look at.

A week before the wedding everybody arrived from America, and were allocated a cottage, they came to the ‘big house’ for their meals. Ira Rosenberg was having the time of his life playing golf and fishing! Bernice loved the country walks, the ‘quaint’ Englishness of the village with it’s pub and little shop-come-post office, the narrow winding lanes and the sheer slowness (or so it seemed) pace of life. Xandy came with Willow’s parents and Willow and Ford took it in turns with Joany and her husband Dean to look after him. For Joany England was really ‘home’ although she’d lived in America for nearly 50 years – she thought it was fantastic to be back!

Young Charlotte, like all children had put on a growth spurt, but luckily the dress still fitted her fine, and she absolutely loved it, and would tell anybody and everybody she was going to be a princess flower-girl bridesmaid at a rock star and actress’ wedding! Poppy and Lily, the teenies looked absolutely adorable in their sweet little dresses, and looked like little fairies with the circlets of freesias and sweetpeas on their heads.

They both as a couple said a resounding NO! To a film company filming the wedding and the lead up to it, they’d also declined a magazine deal for the wedding pictures, they both thought as one it was distasteful and ‘tacky’.


‘Chopper’ Harris, managed to get to England in one piece, he said he was tickled pink to be Spike’s Best Man, He’s even had his hair cut in honour, and couldn’t wait to be wearing a Top Hat!
The girls took Buffy out for her ‘hen’ night, and the lads took Spike, but they were careful to do it midweek before the Saturday wedding so they would both have clear heads!

The night before the actual wedding Buffy stayed in a cottage with Willow, Ford went and stayed in Carrisbrooke. The wedding was booked at the St Georges church at 12 noon.

For tradition, the girls had given Buffy a blue garter, and Joany had leant her some beautiful diamond earrings. Bernice had given her an old lace handkerchief that had belonged to her mother, and Buffy was very touched, and on the morning of the wedding, when the buttonholes and bouquets from the florist were delivered, Spike had a present for Buffy sent to the cottage. Buffy standing in the bedroom of the cottage in her new silk underwear, her hair in curlers. She opened the velvet box to reveal the most beautiful heart-shaped diamond necklace, Buffy read the note with it,
‘To my beautiful bride on our wedding day, you captured my heart, so this one is for you, love always, your William’ tears sprang to her eyes and all the ladies clamoured around to see what Spike had sent her.

“Oh buffy, that’s SO beautiful!” Willow said – having said that, they ALL had tears in their eyes, then Joany said,

“Hey come on girls, the make-up ladies are here!” Buffy put on the necklace, it would look perfect with the borrowed earrings and the dress. The makeup lady said Buffy had perfect skin, and gave her a very light dusting of a pale gold ‘bronzing’ powder, a subtle milk and dark chocolate sparkly eye shadow, and put on some extra false lashes at the corners of her eyes to make them look large and dewy, with two coats of lash-lengthening mascara. A peachy gloss for the lips and a very light brush of peachy-pink blusher on her cheekbones completed the look, Buffy was very pleased, her hair also turned out just the way she wanted it too!

All morning the stable girls had been polishing the coach and horse brasses until they shone. Buffy was to ride to church by horse and carriage, with Ira to give her away.

Buffy’s new English friends arrived, Kit and Bel, and they dressed the little ones in their flower girl dresses. Charlotte arrived with her mum and couldn’t have been more excited if it had been Christmas, her birthday and the summer holidays all rolled into one!

‘Chopper’ came for the ladies in a limousine, and only Buffy and Ira were left at the cottage.

“I couldn’t be more proud of you than if you were my own Willow, you know Buffy, you look so beautiful!”

“Don’t start me off Ira, but thank you – there’s nobody else in the world I’d have wanted to give me away!” Buffy warned with a smile. Grinning at her he crooked his arm and offered it. Buffy took one last look in the mirror and turned smiling, taking Ira’s arm and walking out to her waiting carriage.

The sun shone bright and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. The gardens looked immaculate, Buffy knew that the staff had been working extra hard to make sure that everything was just perfect for the day. She could see the car park full of big expensive cars, there were Lords and ladies, Sir’s and people from all walks of life, from musicians to actors and actresses, to a farmer and a judge!

The staff lined up and waved and cheered as she went by in the carriage, Buffy waved to them.

They arrived at the church and Buffy was helped down. Joany put Buffy’s dress straight and the bridesmaids and flower-girls took their place. Light music was been played on the organ, and sheer devilment made Chopper whisper to Spike,

“Got a Harley parked around the back if you’ve changed your mind?”

Spike grinned and said,

“Not on your life Chopper!”

Just then the organ began to play the Wedding March and everybody stood. Spike and Chopper moved out from the pews and waited at the altar. Spike turned and the sight took hid breath away, she looked SO beautiful coming down the isle towards him, she looked ethereal, glowing, smiling she reached him

“Hello – spike are you okay?”

“Hmm? – Oh god you’re real, you look so…I’ve never seen you look more beautiful, if that’s possible!” Spike said

Buffy blushed and glanced away smiling. The organ music died away, and the vicar began


“We will sing hymn number 137, Praise My Soul the King of Heaven”

ater the hymn had finished the vicar said,

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the sight of God to join this man and this woman together in Holy Matrimony, will anybody with just cause or impediment know why these two should not be joined, ye are to declare it” there was silence, all that could be heard was the birds singing. After a few seconds the vicar continued,

“Who giveth this woman?” Ira placed Buffy’s hand and gave it to the vicar, then he took his seat.

“Elizabeth Anne, will you take……will you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband? – Will you love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, for as long as you both shall live?

Buffy smiled and said in a strong voice,

“I will”

“William Rupert, will you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife, will you love her comfort her honour and keep her for as long as you both shall live?

“I will”

“The rings please” Willow passed Buffy Spike’s wedding ring, and Chopper gave Spike Buffy’s ring, after patting down his pockets and nearly giving Spike a heart attack!

Rings and vows were exchanged, the little ones were perfectly well behaved and after signing the register, they emerged into the bright afternoon sunshine.

They had hundreds of photographs taken and it was filmed too. The little ones were very patient and very well behaved.

By now people had drank the Champagne and eaten all the canapés and appetizers and were ready for the wedding breakfast.

At 2.30pm they sat down and ate, at 3.45pm there was the speeches, and Chopper was very gracious, and didn’t tell any risqué stories about Spike!

The day went on and turned into evening, the barbeque was proving popular with the younger guests, and most of the older crowd had gone to the ballroom and was enjoying the chamber music being played by the trio.

Buffy changed out of her wedding dress just before 10pm, and at 10.30 the fireworks started, lasting half an hour. They were spectacular, even Joany said they were exceptional!

The drinking and dancing went on well into the night, and Buffy and spike went up to their room at about 3am!

They just had time to try and snatch a couple of hours sleep before being taken to the airport to fly out to the Caribbean, they were going to a yacht owned by one of Rupert’s friends.

When they got back, Buffy took time to learn everything she could about Carrisbrooke, and sometimes did the afternoon tours through the house telling the guests about the house’s history and stories of past occupants. She also got an afternoon chat show of her own which became very popular, and there was talk of switching it to a nationwide evening show. Spike continued acting and also took up music again, bringing out an album of different material than he was used to, but initial sales proved it popular. Spike also wanted to move into directing, and three years later he directed his father Rupert in a remake of the Classic film Jack the Ripper. It went down a storm with the critics. Oh, and Buffy and Spike also collaborated on a production of their own………and there is to be a new edition to the Giles’ family household in the autumn!

The End
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=36267