Sweet's Return by Buffy Williams
Summary: Summary: takes place after Angel S5. Sweet’s back, and it’s all b/c of Buffy. He already has his ‘bride’ so he doesn’t take her, but lets her sort out her problems. Giles, who’s aware of Spike’s return, calls the bleached blonde to Rome to help her out. Spike gets there and listens to Buffy from afar.
Categories: Ficlets/Song Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 8157 Read: 12638 Published: 08/30/2004 Updated: 11/05/2004

1. one by Buffy Williams

2. two by Buffy Williams

3. three by Buffy Williams

4. four by Buffy Williams

5. five by Buffy Williams

6. six by Buffy Williams

7. seven by Buffy Williams

one by Buffy Williams
Sweet’s Return

Summary: takes place after Angel S5. Sweet’s back, and it’s all b/c of Buffy. He already has his ‘bride’ so he doesn’t take her, but lets her sort out her problems. Giles, who’s aware of Spike’s return, calls the vampire to Rome to help her out. Spike gets there and listens to Buffy from afar.

AN---songs by Michelle Branch and Jessica Simpson and Vertical Horizon

*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*

Buffy ran her hand along the smooth contours of the amulet. She smiled as she remembered the last time it had been in use. It had actually been fun to sing with all of her friends....despite the ‘almost dancing until I burned’ thing. And that kiss......

She shuddered at the memory of it. It had been the first, innocent start of what would almost destroy them.

But that kiss...

She shook her head and picked up the spellbook. “I summon he of music, he of clarity, to reveal what we keep deep inside, things we can no longer hide.....”

* * *

Spike groaned as the phone rang. Reaching over, he picked it up and growled out, “What.”

“Spike?” came the reply.

“Rupes?” he asked, sitting up and rubbing at his eyes. “What the bloody fuck’s up?”

“Well, since you asked so nicely,” Giles said dryly. “It’s about Buffy. Sh-”

“Buffy?” Spike suddenly felt awake. Perky, in fact. “What about her? She’s alright, isn’t she?”

“She’s-”

“She’s not in a hospital, is she?”

“If you’d let-”

“Because if she’s hurt, I swear to god I’ll kill her.”

“Yes, well. That wouldn’t accomplish much. Now, if you’d let me finish, I’ll tell you what she’s done. She is in no way hurt, but she has done something remarkably stupid.”

“Like The Immortal?”

“Oh, no. That was strictly business. She refused to date what she called ‘a sleazy, greasy, hair-slicked-back, perverted, gigolo’. And when Xander made a reference to her.....relationship with you, she slapped him clear across the face. Quite amusing, really.”

“I bet it was. Now, tell me what the bleeding chit’s done now.”

“Oh, yes. Well, it appears she has recovered Sweet’s medallion and has activated it. We need your help because we don’t know if Sweet will take her away as his bride or whether or not she’s safe. We also need you here....to, well.....stop her.”

“Stop her? From....what?”

“Herself. We don’t know what she’ll do this time around, Spike. But we need you here.”

Spike sighed. What was she thinking? Summoning Sweet? And where the bloody hell did she get that amulet back? He should just let her stay there and burn, like he was going to do last time.....

“What time do you want me there?”

*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*

AN---do ya like it? I wanna know if I should continue..........

REVIEW!!!!
two by Buffy Williams
Disclaimer:
Me: bwahaha! I have stolen Spike to be my prisoner!!
Joss: not so fast, evil villain!
ME: o no! Not ‘Mutant Enemy Man Who Can Sue My Pants Off!’
Joss: yes, I am here to steal back Spike and to tell you that you don’t own anything!
Spike: I’m really not complaining here.....
Joss: shut up, you.

*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*


It had been two months.

61 days.

1464 hours and......42 minutes since he had become human.

And it still unnerved him.

One minute, he was basking in the glory of winning the fight, and the next a heartbeat was sending vibrations through his body.

His heartbeat.

And it still marveled him how the light played off the hairs on his arms. He stared out the window of the airplane with his favorite pair of sunglasses, watching as the sun reflected off of things.

Beautiful. Golden. And, what the hell, even effulgent.

Just like her.

Beautiful eyes.

Golden hair.

Effulgent.....what the hell does effulgent mean anyway?

He was pulled out of his thoughts when the stewardess leaned down, presenting him with a very nice view of her cleavage, telling him in what he was sure she thought was a seductive voice that he should put up his tray and get ready for a....(here she eyed his crotch in a none too subtle manner)...bumpy ride.

He simply nodded, turning back to the window, sending her stomping away in a huff. But he didn’t care.

After all....she wasn’t Buffy.

*~::~*

Buffy sighed as she looked out the window. Sweet’s spell should be activating any minute now. The amulet had started to glow a light green, indicating that it was near ready.

Just as she completed this thought, red sprinkles rained down into her room, taking the form of the dancing demon she remembered.

“Alright, pumpkin,” he said, looking at his watch. “I’ve got exactly 4 minutes before I have to return to Melissa. I mean, having work on our anniversary isn’t exactly what she had in mi-” he cut off as he looked up at her. Cocking his head to the side, he asked, “Don’t I know you?”

Nervously tucking her hair behind her ear, Buffy said, “Yeah. My friend Xander summoned you two years ago? You wanted to kidnap my sister?” His face remained impassive so she tried again. “Sunnydale?”

Sweet nodded, remembering. “Ah yes. The Hellmouth town. Good times. Lots of strange songs going around.” He shook his head. “So, we got a problem. I’m a man....well, demon, for monogamous relationships so I can’t take ya with me.”

“Oh,” Buffy hastened to assure him. “That’s ok! I just.....I just want to sort somethings out for myself, ya know?”

Sweet nodded, and looked to his watch once again. “Have fun with that, cuz I gotta go. This whole thing will wear off by tomorrow’s dawn, so no worries. See you.” And with that, he disappeared, leaving Buffy standing by her window.

Of all the things I believed in
I just want to get it over with
tears from behind my eyes
but I do not cry


A tear trickled down her face, and she placed her fingertips on it, then pulled them away, staring at the wetness on them.

Counting the days that past me by

I've been searching deep down in my soul
Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old


She sang this line bitterly, recalling all of her friends assurances that Spike was much happier where ever he was. That she should move on with her life. But they didn’t understand.

Looks like I'm starting all over again
The last three years were just pretend and I say

Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I love
The one thing that I tried to hold on to


Buffy sat down on her bed and picked up a picture from her nightstand. It showed her and Spike, snuggled on his cot. Dawn had taken it, wanting to capture their intimacy and prove to Buffy that Spike was worth her love. But she didn’t need telling.

I used to get lost in your eyes


As Buffy traced the photo, she remembered the blue orbs that she had seen dance with mischief, concern, self disgust, anger....and love.

And it seems like I can't live a day without you
Closing my eyes till you chase my thoughts away
To a place where I am blinded by the light but it's not right

She lifted a hand to her face, blocking the remains of the sun’s light as it set and standing, walking away from the bedroom, leaving the picture on the comforter.

Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew


She shook her head as she walked down the hallway, tears falling down her face.

You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to


she walked into the kitchen and took out a glass, filling it with water.

Ohhh yeah
It hurts to want everything & nothing at the same time
I want whats yours and I want whats mine
I want you but I'm not giving in this time


She clenched her hand, and the glass shattered around her.

Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
The one thing that I tried to hold on to


She stared down at her cut up hand, not recognizing the pain. After all, it was nothing compared to what she’d been through this past year.

Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to


She wrapped her hand and walked to the window, looking up at the now dark sky, lit with stars.

When the stars fall and I lie awake
Your my shooting star


She stood at the open window, a tear trailing it’s way down her face as a star shot through the night.

*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*

AN-----yaaaaaaaaaaaay! I loooooove that song!!!!!!

REVIEW PLEZ!
three by Buffy Williams
Disclaimer:
Me: see? He doesn’t want to go!!!
Joss: he has no choice! He belongs to me!
Me: uh, I think the fact that he’s stark naked and is on my bed and has a sign that says ‘Buffy Williams’willing slave’ on it completely disproves you!
Spike: she has a point, you know....
Joss: shut up, you.

AN-----so for the song ‘Angels’ by Robbie Williams, I changed it so that instead of ‘she offers me protection’ it’s ‘HE offers me protection’ because it’s supposed to be about Spike. And also there’s a line in here that’s ‘and when I’m lying in my bed and I feel that love is dead’ I changed it to ‘and when I’m lying in my bed and I feel my love is dead’ why? BECAUSE I WANT TO!

*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*

Dawn burst into Buffy’s room, frantically looking for her sister. “Buffy! We have an emergency! I was sitting in Bello Noche and kids started singing ‘That’s Amore’!! I think Sweet’s back! We have to find who summ-” she stopped when she caught sight of the amulet sitting on her sister’s dresser. “Oh, no....Buffy, what did you do?”

Her sister turned to her with tears sliding down her face. “What I had to.”

“Sweet’s not gonna....”

“No. He’s uh....he’s married, actually. He told me that he would let me sort...things.”

“Well, I see you’re growing out of your ‘vague’ phase.”

Buffy smiled slightly through the salty tracks on her face. “Feelings, Dawn. He’s letting me sort out my feelings.”

“Ah,” Dawn nodded, sitting down on the bed. “Feelings. Damn dangerous things, they are.”

“Yeah. They always kinda get in the way, don’t they?”

“Especially Spi-” Dawn stopped as tears filled her sister’s eyes. “I mean...”

“No, no....it’s ok, Dawn. He always did let his feelings get in the way of things didn’t he? His own damn stubborn, hard headed feelings.” Buffy scowled, thinking of the last moment she had had with her love. “‘No you don’t, but thanks for saying it’? What the hell is that? Not the kind of thing I would say before I died........” she trailed off as it hit her once more that he was gone. “He’s dead....” She stared up at the night sky. “Where are you, baby? Are you an angel?”

Dawn joined her sister at the balcony, staring at the night. “I bet he’s happy.” She smiled wistfully. “He told me, the summer you were gone, that if he wound up going to heaven, that he hoped the people he loved would be there. ‘All except that crazy bitch, Drusilla,’ he said. He hoped you would be there.” She turned her gaze to her sister. “After you came back, he rode around the neighborhood on his bike, making everyone think he’d left. But he walked back, climbed into my room and stared at his hands for....god, I don’t know....2 hours? He asked me if he was in heaven since you were back.” She looked back up at the sky. “He was so good to us, Buffy. I’m sure he’s an angel.”

Buffy stood, silent, before she asked, “Is he watching me?”

Then she began to sing.

I sit and wait
does an angel contemplate my fate
and do they know
the places where we go
when we’re grey and old
‘Cos I’ve been told
that salvation lets their wings unfold
so when I’m lying in my bed
and I feel my love is dead
I’m loving angels instead


Dawn smiled at her sister. That was the first time she had admitted, (at least, when she was awake) that she loved Spike.

And through it all he offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I’m right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won’t break me
When I come to call he won’t forsake me
I’m loving angels instead.


Buffy closed her eyes and breathed in the night air. If she imagined long enough, hard enough, well enough, she could pretend she could see him on that night they spent together in that abandoned house. She could almost feel his love from where she was right now; separated from him by that pesky thing called ‘death’.

When I’m feeling weak
and my pains walks down a one way street
I look above
And I know I’ll always be blessed with love
And as the feeling grows
He breathes flesh to my bones
And when my love is dead


Buffy picked up the picture she had left on her bed, and traced the sleeping face of her love.

I’m loving angels instead

And through it all he offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I’m right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won’t break me
When I come to call he won’t forsake me
I’m loving angels instead

And through it all he offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I’m right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won’t break me
When I come to call he won’t forsake me
I’m loving angels instead.

*~::~*

Spike watched from the shadows as Buffy sang from her balcony. It killed him to see her crying. Without realizing it, he opened his mouth and began to sing softly.

You’re there by my side everyday
I know that you will not forsake me
I'll give you my life, I wouldn’t think twice
Your love is all I need believe me
I may not say it quite as much as I should
but when I say I love you darlin
that means for good
so open up your heart and let me in.


Spike smiled, remembering the look in her eyes when she had told him that she loved him. She had let him in. If only he had realized it then.

And I will love you
Till forever
Until death do us part
We’ll be together
So take my and hold on tight
And we'll have everything
This I swear

I'm wondering how I ever got by
I've got you in my life to guide me wherever I go
One thing that’s true
You save everything I do, I do for you
I may not say it half as much as I should
But when I say I love you darling
That means for good
So open up your heart and let me in.

And I will love you
Till forever
Until death do us part
We’ll be together
So take my and hold on tight
And we'll have everything
This I swear


Spike took a few steps closer to her apartment as he realized that death HAD separated them, twice. But they still managed to be together. She had been with him after her death, and here they were now....together.

Even if she didn’t know it.

so whenever you get mad
Just reach out for me
I'll never let you down, my love (my love)

He lifted a hand to the balcony at the same time she lifted her face to the sky. Her voice joined his as they sang the last lyrics of the song. She never heard his voice, too caught up in her own feelings.

And I will love you
Till forever
Until death do us part
We’ll be together
So take my and hold on tight
And we'll have everything
This I swear

And I will love you
Till forever
Until death do us part
We’ll be together
So take my and hold on tight
And we'll have everything
This I swear


She opened her eyes just as he slunk into the shadows, and he could have sworn that she saw him.

This I swear


And as if it were a note of finality, Buffy closed the window, shutting out the night, but never moved from her position in front of it.

***
That’s my girl.
Looking for angels, just like her.
***

TBC...

*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*

AN----if you could see me, u’d know that I’m doing a little happy dance in my room cuz I got this chapter up!

Review plez!
four by Buffy Williams
buffy decides that she can't stand Rome anymore, and begins to pack up her stuff so she can head over to Carmel by the Sea, California. While she's getting ready, she reflects on the good (and not so good) parts of her life.

AN---I screwed up. Utterly and completely. I said that the spell would fade at the next day’s dawn, but I MEANT sunset. Stupid me! So forget about the whole ‘spell ending at dawn’ thing. Also, I completely made up memories. They’re a bit far-fetched, but who cares?

song belongs to vanessa carlton

*~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~*

Dawn walked up behind her sister, placing a hand on her shoulder. Buffy jumped, turning her head to face her sister. “Oh…” She lowered her eyes to the floor. “Hey.”

Dawn removed her hand and looked at Buffy, examining her for the first time since Sunnydale.

Her normally silky blonde hair was tied up in a messy, dirty bun at the top of her head. Her usually tanned skin was eerily pale for someone who had an excellent balcony that could be used for tanning. And her eyes…two years ago, before Riley had showed up, they had had some sort of spark in them. Then, when Spike left, it had gone away all together. He had returned, and it had flickered slowly back to life. And now…she had never seen her eyes like this before.

Cold.

Dead…yet so alive…

And her figure…Everyone had always thought that Buffy was alarmingly thin, but now…her collarbone was prominent, pushing against the thin layer of skin. Her ribs were stuck out, and her knees seemed larger than her thighs.

“Dawnie…” her sister whimpered, bringing her out of her thoughts. “Dawnie…”

“Yeah, Buffy?”

“I…I don’t think I can stay here anymore…”

“Wh-what?”

“I…I need to get out of Rome.” She whirled around, a wild light in her eyes. “C’mon, Dawn! W-We can go to California again! N-Not to LA or anything…I just…I need out.”

“Out?”

“Yes, out! Out of this freaking apartment!” She grabbed her sisters shoulders and shook her lightly, whispering fiercely, “It…It smells like him…”

Dawn swallowed. “Smells like who?”

“H-Him…and I need out.”

Dawn nodded, being careful not to question any more. She had learned over the past year that asking Buffy too many questions only resulted in a MAJOR breakdown. She also knew what her sister was talking about. She and Buffy had moved several times in the past year, and only for a short period of time. First, to Marlinton, West Virginia, a small one-horse kind of town. Then, they had moved to New York City for a few days, and then on to Paris. After staying there for a record 4 months, Buffy had decided one day that they should move to Rome. So by now, Dawn was used to her sister’s unusual moving mood swings.

She nodded and said softly, “I’ll…just be packing.”

Buffy turned to the window and sighed, burying her head in her hands. She hated doing this to Dawn, she really did. It’s just…ever since her last date with the Immortal a month ago, the apartment had smelled like tobacco, leather, and…and him.

Buffy sighed again and walked over to her closet, pulling out her black suitcases. As she began to pack, she came across a t-shirt that Willow had given her nine years ago.

After finding out that her best friend was the Slayer, Willow had gone to the mall and bought a shirt that said, in bright red letters in blood dripping font, ‘BITE ME’. Buffy ran her hands over the worn lettering, memories flooding through her mind, and she opened her mouth and began to sing.

Crashed on the floor when I moved in
This little bungalow with some strange new friends
Stay up too late and I'm too thin
We promised each its till the end


Buffy remembered how one night, they had been watching ‘Roman Holiday’ at Buffy’s house, and it had been her first year. Willow had been braiding Buffy’s hair, and Xander was happily munching away on popcorn. Willow had stopped her movements and had reached over to Xander and held his hand, then reached out for Buffy’s. They had made a small circle, and had promised each other they would be friends forever.

Now spinning empty bottles
Just the five of us
The pretty eyed boys girls lie to trust
I can't resist the day
No I can't resist the day

She remembered how in college they had played spin the bottle one day with her, Xander, Riley, Willow and Anya. She had locked eyes with Riley, both a little nervous after the most recent party with a game of spin the bottle and what had resulted. Staring at him reminded her that he was like daytime to her, and she shouldn’t resist it.

After all, that was what Angel had wanted.


Jenny screams out and it's no pose
Cause when she dances she goes and goes
and feel through the nose on an inside joke
and I'm so excited I haven't spoken

Buffy cringed as she remembered how Jenny had been murdered by Angel, and had made Buffy so eager to kill the man she had loved, though she would never admit it.

“and she's so pretty and she's so short
maybe I'm more clever than a girl like her”
the summers all in bloom
And the summer is ending soon


Buffy remembered how she had read…or rather, mis-read Willow’s thoughts when she had gotten the blood of the demon inside of her, causing her to be able to read people’s thoughts. She hadn’t told her, but Buffy had heard Willow think “Buffy’s so pretty…she’s really short…hey, I’m smarter than her!” She had immediately thought that Willow had been talking about her, but it turned out that she was thinking about Buffy, and then trailed off to make fun of Harmony.

It's alright
And it's nice not to be so alone
but I hold on to secrets
In white houses

Maybe I'm a little bit over my head
I come undone at the things he said
And he's so funny in his bright red shirt
We were all in love and we all got hurt


Tears sprang to her eyes and she smiled slightly as she remembered Spike at her birthday party, in his red shirt, coming towards her and making fun of Richard. She had been in love with him, but wouldn’t admit it to him or herself, Xander and Anya had been in love, Willow and Tara, though going through a tough stage, were in love…

And they all got hurt. Buffy and Spike by their relationship, Xander and Anya by Xander’s fears of the future, Willow and Tara by Warren’s gun.

They all got hurt.

Even to his car’s cracked leather seat
The smell of gasoline in the summer heat
We were going way to fast
It's all too sweet to last
It's alright


Buffy’s smiled disappeared as she thought of her disastrous relationship with Spike. At first, things had been kind of good, and they hadn’t been hurting each other as much. They should have known that it would all go to hell.

And I put myself in his hands
But I hold onto secrets
In white houses
Love of something ignites in my veins
That I pray it never fades
In white houses


She lifted her left hand, tracing one finger over the scar that would remain there forever. She wouldn’t get any surgery to rid her body of it, because it was all she had left to remind herself of the moment their hands caught fire together.

My...First...Time
Hard to explain
rush of blood and a little bit of pain
on a cloudy day
it’s more common then you think
It's...My...First...Mistake


She wasn’t singing about her loss of virginity to Angel. No, she was singing about the first time that she had loved somebody. Truly, completely, totally and utterly in love with someone. And it was hard to explain WHY she felt that way about Spike, and not Angel. But in that last year, every time she thought of him, blood would rush through her veins and her heart would skip a beat. And then, when she’d told him…it had been a mistake for her to take so long.

But she had. And look where THAT had gotten her.

Maybe you were all faster than me
We gave each other up easily
The silly little wounds will never mend
I feel so far from where I've been
So I go and I will not be back here again
I'm gone as the day is fading
on white houses


She turned her attention back to her packing, tears falling freely down her face now. Maybe they HAD given each other to other people to easily. But, it didn’t change the fact that they had loved…and now all the scars, physical and emotional, were NEVER going to go away.

Ever.

I lied, with my injuries all in a dice
In my heart it’s the five of us
in White houses
And you, maybe you'll remember me
What I gave is yours to keep
in White houses
In white houses
In white houses


*~::~*

Dawn stood outside her sister’s door, listening to her sing. Sighing, she walked outside to where there was a small fountain. She sat on the edge, resting her head in her hands.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and started, tears shining in her eyes as she looked up at who was there. She pressed a hand over her heart and hissed, “Jesus, don’t DO that!”

“Sorry.” He sat down beside her, not speaking.

“So…what are you doing here?”

“Came to see you two.” He studied her. “Why aren’t you screaming in shock?”

“Andrew…he starts talking after a while…and four bottles of Zima. Told me about…you…being back.”

Spike nodded, staring up at the apartment. “Did he, uh…”

“No. He didn’t tell her. She was…out.”

“Out?”

“Fine. She was getting drunk off her ass.”

“Bit! Language!”

“Spike, I’m 18. I’m not a little girl anymore.”

“But…you’re still my little Bit, right?” He looked up at her, and she smiled softly.

“Yeah,” she said, resting her head on his shoulder. “I’m still your little Bit.”

They sat there for a while, not saying anything, until Dawn jumped up. “Crap!”

“Dawn? What is it?”

“Me…an-and Buffy! We’re…we’re moving!”

“What?”

“Spike, Buffy and I are moving back to California…We’re not staying here…”

“Wait, why?”

“H-Her excuse is that…our apartment smells like you.” She laughed, “I-It’s almost as if you were there, right?” When she got no response, she looked over at him again. “Right, Spike? Right?!”

“Wrong, platelet. I WAS here.” He looked up at the window to Dawn’s room. “About…about a month ago.”

*~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~**~::~*

[a/n]—yay! Another chapter! One with a really sucky ending, but o well!!! Someone please review!!
five by Buffy Williams
Disclaimer: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil joss. Why must you deprive me of spike?! Evvvvvvvvil

*:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:.*:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:.
.:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .: * .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:*

“You were here? A month ago?”

“’S what I said.”

“But…why?”

“The Immortal.”

“Oh.” Dawn wrinkled her nose up in disgust. “HIM

Spike looked at her in surprise. “You don’t like him either?”

“Ugh, no. I mean, did you ever SEE his hair? It looked like he had taken about four gallons of Crisco and dumped it on his head.” She shivered. “Thank God she wasn’t actually dating him.”

“Yeah…that’s what Watcher man said.”

“Well, Giles was right. I mean, not that he didn’t TRY to get Buffy to go out with him…but I think he got the message once she kicked his ass up and down the street.” She grinned. “Funny, really.”

She stood up, and began to walk inside. As she reached the door, she turned around and said, “Oh yeah, and Spike? You might want to tell her about the heartbeat before we leave at six.”

“In the afternoon?”

“No. In the morning.” And with that, she walked inside.

*~::~*

Spike leaned over the balcony of the hotel, holding a smoldering cigarette in his fingers. He stared at the plume of smoke that wafted from the tip, and then at the clock on the wall. 1:47…oh, now 1:48. He sighed, and returned his gaze to his fag.

He took a pull on it, and blew out the smoke just as his cell phone rang. “’Lo.”

“Spike.”

He grinned, pushing away from the balcony and leaning with his back against it. “Peaches. How goes it?”

“You took my jet.”

“Did not.”

“Fine. You STOLE my jet.”

“Didn’t steal. Just…borrowed without asking. Where in your twisted, neanderthal brain is that qualified as ‘stealing’?”

“Shut up. Just tell me what the hell you needed a JET for.”

“Rome.”

“What?”

“Went to Rome. I AM in Rome.”

“What are you in Rome…Buffy.”

“Yeah. Glad you aren’t as dense as you make people think.”

“Spike, stay away from her.”

“Hmm…can’t.”

“What do you mean ‘can’t’?”

Spike let his smile drop away and became serious. “Rupes called me. Seems Buffy’s slightly off. Summoned a demon. Lucky for me, we’ve met up with ’im before.”

“Spike!” he heard over the line. “How ya doin, sweet cheeks?”

Spike laughed, and said into the phone, “Tell Lorne I’m fine.”

He heard a few grumbles, before the phone was handed off to Lorne. “Spike, Angelcakes is getting a smidge irritated ‘cuz you won’t tell him anything. Now, mind telling ME who the demon Buffy summoned is?”

“You might know him…he goes by the name ‘Sweet’.”

“Sweet…Sweet…Oh, him! Yeah, I know him. His wife’s a sweet little thing. Her skin’s a lovely color of blue…”

“Well, that’s wonderful, but I have to go. Someone’s on my other line.”

“Ok, have fun!” Click

Spike chuckled. He would never understand that demon. He pressed the call waiting button and said, “’Lo.”

“It’s me, Dawn.”

“Nib? How in the hell did you get my phone number? And why are you up at…2:03 am?”

“Do you have a digital clock or something? Wait, so not the point. Listen, Buffy changed our plane time. Since we live really close to the airport and like, no one’s ever that at this hour, she switched out fight to 2:30!”

He stood up straight, grabbing his duster and picking up his duffel bag, all the while packing it. “Where are you now, Dawn?”

“Well…”

His movements stopped, and he said dangerously, “Dawn…”

“We’re kinda…in the airport.”




















*:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:.*:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:.*:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:.
.:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:*


Someone out there be nice and review!!!

Also, I’m working on ‘Love isn’t easy’ but my friend’s beta-ing it. So, yay!
six by Buffy Williams
Disclaimer: sadly, joss will sue my pants off if I even pretend I own any of this. But never fear! James will be mine...

[a/n]---also, I know nothing about italy. I’ve never been.

*:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:*
.:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .: * .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:.

[a/n--^isn’t that so COOL?!]

Spike swore, then restarted packing with a renewed vigor. “Bit,” he said. “What flight do you have?”

“Flight um...347, gate 24. Seriously, you have to hurry up!”

He grabbed his leather duster, and zipped up the duffel bag. “Dawn listen. Make sure that I can get there in time, ok? Before you leave?”

“I don’t know…”

“DAWN! You HAVE to promise me! Buffy can’t leave the damn country without me seeing her!”

“Well, I don’t freaking know if you’re going to make it here in time! God, we’re waiting in line to get ON the plane and you’re asking me to make sure you get there? Yeah, kind of impossible! We can’t help it! She needs out, or she’s going to be suffocated. She can’t stand to be somewhere for a long period of time! Now if you don’t get your ass over here, I’m going to kick it the next time I see you!”

“Platelet,” he bit out. “Listen to me.” He swung the duffel bag over his shoulders, and got ready to head out the door. “I’m on my way. I just need you to distract her. Can you PLEASE do that for me?” He stepped out into the hall, and reached behind him and shut the door. He turned around and headed down the hallway. “Dawn, I’m heading out of my hotel right now. I just…I don’t know if I’m going to get there in 25 minutes. It’s a bit difficult.”

“Fine. Where are you staying?”

“The hotel’s at the corner of…Notte and Giorno. Well that’s funny.”

“What?”

“At the corner of ‘Night’ and ‘Day’. Did they rename the streets here or something?”

“SPIKE! Off topic much?”

“Right. Why do you want to know where I am?”

“So I can see how far away you are from the airport.”

“And the verdict is?”

“If you take a cab, then it’s about fifteen minutes. Wow, you’ve been living practically right next to us, haven’t you?”

Spike stuck out his hand, waiting on the curb, and a green car with checkers on the side pulled up. He climbed in and the man said to him, “A dove desiderate andare?”

Spike tilted the phone so that the mouth piece was touching his shoulder. “All'aeroporto, per favore! Rapidamente, per favore! un'emergenza!”

The man nodded, and began to drive away. Spike lifted the phone back to his mouth, only to be greeted by a dial tone.

*~::~*

“Dawn?” The brunette started at the sound of her sister’s voice. “Who are you talking to?”

“No one! Just…no one.”

Her sister’s face fell slight, and Buffy turned to stare out at the early morning sky. She let her eyes wander over each curve of every cloud, and smiled slightly as she heard people in the airport singing in Italian. She had forgotten how funny this was. And how the last time, Spike had…

Spike.

She looked up at the sky again, looking for any sign that he was there. And before she knew it, she began to sing.

I found myself today
Oh I found myself and ran away
But something pulled me back
A voice of reason I forgot I had
All I know is your not here to say
What you always used to say
But it's written in the sky tonight


A tear slipped down her cheek, and she wiped it away and continued to look at the sky, a small smile beginning to form on her lips.

So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark
I'll still believe
That someone's watching over me


She knew that Spike was protecting her. She knew that he was looking down at her from heaven. He had to be in heaven. Who wouldn’t let him in after he’d saved the world?

I've seen that ray of light
And it's shining on my destiny
Shining all the time
And I won't be afraid
To follow everywhere it's taking me
All I know is yesterday is gone
And right now I belong
To this moment
To my dreams

So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark
I'll still believe
That someone's watching over me


Spike looked up as the cab came to a stop, and he paid the man the right amount of money before bolting out of the car and into the airport. He ran towards the gates and came to the metal detectors. He took off his shoes and put them on the conveyer belt along with his luggage and jacket. He passed through, and to his immense relief didn’t set off any alarms. He picked up his stuff and put his shoes back on, and began to make his way to the gate.

It doesn't matter what people say
And it doesn't matter how long it takes
Believe in yourself an you'll find
It only matters how true you are
Be true to yourself and follow your heart


Dawn glanced around nervously as her sister was singing. She glanced up at the ceiling, praying, when she heard the ticket person announce that they would start boarding in 1 minute.

No I won’t give up
No I won’t break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I’m standing in the dark
I’ll still believe


Spike ran down the hall with all the speed he could find trying to get to Gate 24, tears stinging his eyes at the thought of not getting there in time.

Buffy on the other hand, was beginning to calm down, and beginning to regret buying the plane tickets. But, she had to get out of Italy. And she and Dawn stood in line with the 10 other passengers that were going on the flight, and she continued to sing.

That I won’t give up
No I won’t break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around

Spike stopped in the middle of the airport, running his hands through his hair and panting. He turned a 360, and finally saw a sign that indicated Gates 21-24. He shifted the duffel bag higher on his arm and started in that direction.

And I will be strong
Even when it all goes wrong
When I’m standing in the dark
I’ll still believe


Buffy smiled at the woman as Dawn handed her her ticket. She lifted her own to give to her when she heard it.

Spike watched in terror as Buffy and Dawn gave the woman their tickets, and got ready to board the plane. “BUFFY! Buffy, wait! Please!”

Her smile dropped away and she turned slowly to face the black clad figure that raced toward her, tears shining in her eyes.

That someone’s watching over
Someone’s watcing over
Someone’s watching over me
Oh, someone’s watching over me


*:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:*
.:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .: * .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:.









[a/n]---bear with me here. I honestly hate hilary duff. She’s just so…(makes strangling motion with hands)

Someone out there review plez
seven by Buffy Williams
Disclaimer: I don’t own the characters, nor the dialogue in the beginning.

________________________________________________________________________

“Who are you?”

“You'll find out on Saturday.”

“What happens on Saturday?”

“I kill you.”

---

“You're *not* friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.”

---

“The gem of Amara. Official sponsor, of my killing you.”

---


The person came to a stop about twenty feet away from her, panting heavily. Two large hands were lifted and smoothed down stray bleached locks and he sniffed. “So, uh…” he said, shoving his hands into his duster pockets. “Am I…am I too late?”

The blonde slayer didn’t answer, but the person behind her did.

“You made it…”

---

“Just say yes, and make me the happiest man on earth…”

---

“Out. For. A. Walk…Bitch.”

---

“What's going on?”

“Simple. I'm gonna prove something. I love you.”

“Oh my god.”

“No, look at me! I ... love you. You're all I bloody think about. Dream about. You're in my gut ... my throat ... I'm drowning in you, Summers, I'm drowning in you.”

---


Dawn stepped past her sister and stood in front of her. “You actually made it.”

He made no verbal response, simply nodded and kept his eyes trained on the small, blonde slayer. Dawn looked behind her at her sister. She smiled, and stepped away again.

---

“If you wanna just hand them over the threshold, I'll...”

“Come in, Spike.

“Hmm. Presto. No barrier. Um, won't bother with the small stuff. Couple of good axes should hold off Glory's mates while you take on the lady herself.”

“We're not all gonna make it. You know that.”

“Yeah. Hey. Always knew I'd go down fightin'.”

“I'm counting on you ... to protect her.”

“Till the end of the world. Even if that happens to be tonight.”

---

“I know you'll never love me. I know that I'm a monster. But you treat me like a man. And that's...”

---

The heavy bag began to slip down the blonde’s shoulder and began its slow descent towards the ground. It finally slipped away and landed on the carpeted floor of the terminal with a loud ‘thump’ just as one small foot moved forward.

---

“Hundred forty-seven days yesterday... um, one-forty-eight today. 'Cept today doesn't count, does it?”

---

“I do remember what I said. The promise. To protect her. If I'd done that ... even if I didn't make it, you wouldn't've had to jump. I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted, of course. But after that. Every night after that. I'd see it all again, do something different. Faster or more clever, you know? Dozens of times, lots of different ways ...Every night I save you.”

---


The steps hastily picked up speed, the girl making them beginning to sob. The bleached man opened his arms wide as she ran into them, and lifted her off of the ground. His arms tightly corded around her waist, never wanting to let go. Her small hands lay at the back of his head, petting and smoothing the soft locks.

Her face was pressed hard against the side of his, tears falling slowly onto his ear. Her fingers twined themselves in his hair, and she kissed the small spot of skin above his ear. “God,” she whispered. “I lost you…lost you…”

---

“You listen to me. I've been a live a bit longer than you, and dead a lot longer than that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine, and done things I prefer you didn't. Don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I've only my blood, which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain, so I make a lot of mistakes, a lot of wrong, bloody calls. A hundred plus years, and there's only one thing I've ever been sure of -- you. Hey, look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I say I love you, it's not because I want you, or because I can't have you, and it has nothing to do with me. I love what you are. What you do. How you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you, and I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You are a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy.”

---


“I don't wanna be the one.”

“I don't want to be this good looking and athletic, we all have crosses to bear.”

---

His arms seemed to squeeze her tighter, and he whispered, “But I found you…God baby, I found you and I’m not letting go again.”

Their grips on each other loosened slightly, and she slid down his body, her fingers still firmly entangled in his hair. His hands left her waist to cup her face, using them to erase any evidence of her tears.

“There, there, kitten,” he whispered. “No more tears…”

And with that, he lifted her chin with his strong hands, and his lips met hers for the first time in two long years.

---

“Angel said... this amulet is meant to be worn by a champion.”

(Spike turns away, and Buffy hands him the amulet.)

“Been called a lot of things in my time...”

---

His lips were soft and smooth, yet at the same time firm and hard. They yielded underneath hers and welcomed her warm taste.

Her lips parted slightly, and he slid his tongue inside, coaxing and caressing hers to its rightful place.

For her, it meant that he was real. Only Spike tasted this way; the faint musk of tobacco, salty, and him. That wonderful, indescribable, magnificent essence of Spike.

Their lips parted too soon, hers returning to that lovely spot above his ear. She pressed a few more fevered kisses against his skin, then buried her face against his left pectoral muscle, allowing her ears to listen to the steady heartbeat pounding away inside of him.

---

“I can feel it, Buffy.”

“What?”

“My soul. It's really there. Kinda stings.”

___

Her pixie face raised to his chiseled one, awe shining through her eyes as she whispered, “Miracle…”

___

“What are you looking at?”

“The man I love.”


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N---quotes from random!spike thru the seasons
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=4131