The End of The World As We Know It by Stepheth
Summary: *WIP* Its all in the title
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 0 Read: 4264 Published: 05/12/2003 Updated: 05/14/2003

1. The End of The World As We Know It by Stepheth

2. part 2 by Stepheth

3. part 3 by Stepheth

The End of The World As We Know It by Stepheth
¤˜¤ NOTE: This Fic isn't one of my best, but I dreampt all of this last night for some strange reason and since I had nothing else to do on Mother's day I decided to spend the rest of the day typing this out. Well...when the wicked-cool T-storms weren't cutting the power to the city that it. Enjoy, and let me know if it really sucks, 'cos then I'll remove it. -Ste ¤˜¤

"The End Of The World As We Know It"
† Part 1 †

Spike was exhausted. Even though Buffy had managed to defeat Caleb, the 'preacher' still managed to set any and every demon loose from, the Hellmouth. Willow had gone all dark veined -kinda like those vampiric faeires that had come to Sunnyhell abit ago- hoping that her dark magicks could at least weaken some of what they were fighting.
Their always were casualities in war.... Spike remembered saying that to Buffy no more than 8 days ago and now, even though those words lingered in his mind, when he got a minute or two of a break he surveyed his surroundings and saw half of the people who -surprisingly- meant something to him dead. The only ones left standing were Willow, Anya, Buffy,. Kennedy -just barely- and surprisingly, Andrew.
'Drew seemed to have no injuries, and Spike frowned. He could clearly remember Andrew dying in a battle 3 days back while trying to prove that he could fight just as good as Spike, even though everypone had protested and tried to hold him back. It was then that "Andrew" shapeshifted into Glory - the Hell Goddess from, well, hell.
Everyone else semeed to have things under some kind of control -Anya and Willow using seperate magicks, and Buffy was beating the shite outta some thing that looked ike an giganto toad- so Spike bounded over to Andrew/Glory. He grabbed it by it's hair and pulled it's face close, breaking it's nose and jaw with a single punch.
"Didn't we get rid of you?" Spike asked, puzzled.
"I'm not who you think I am." She/ it tried to squirm out of Spike's grasp, but he refused to let her go. He fell to the ground, pinning her down beneath him, trying to not get punched in the face.
"Reaally, eh? I already figured that one out." He said through gritted teeth. The thing had über-sharp nails and was having a field day seeing how far they could go into his stomach.
Buffy caught sight of who...what Spike was struggling with and since all the other demons were gone, or so they could see, Buffy got Willow to do a revealing spell directed at Andrew-turned-Glory then came over to help Spike hold "Glory" down. A couple seconds later, they saw who the shapeshifter was -it couldn't of been the First- and Spike and Buffy both pushed themselves away from the shapeshifter. He was dead already - a result of Willow's spell - but that wasn't why the two moved away.
It's who it was who shocked them.
part 2 by Stepheth
"The End Of The World As We Know It"
† Part 2 †

Buffy held an ice pack to a nicely sized bump on her forehead as Willow put some (medicinal) alcohol on her cuts. Anya and Willow had been protected by their magick so they only had few bruises , leaving the cuts and injuries for Spike and Buffy.
"I still can't believe it was him," she said, cringing slightly as Willow wrapped some gauze around a gash on her right thigh. "I mena, I should of figured...he was obviously trying to weaken Spike who -no offence to you or Anya- is our best fighter aside from me."
"Don't beat yourself up over it. So he wanted to drive Spike over the edge . . . you should of known, Buffy. I mean, look what he did when you were sent off on that questionable and unnessesary training session in the middle of the night. Plus, I don't see why it shocked you so much. you shoulda just let him kill Spike. He isn't very useful...he just sulks alot "
Spike had come downstairs after cleaning his own wounds and having a shower and ended up hearing the whole thing. When Anya finally shut up, the blond vampire spoke. "Why do we keep her around again?"
"Don't either of you dare start anything." Buffy warned.
Spike put his hands up in mock surrender. "Not planning on starting anything, but when Cordeila-the-second decides to—"
"Just shut up!!!" That outburst came from WIllow, but it worked. Not only did it shut Anya and Spike up, but it stopped Buffy from saying whatever it was she was going to say.
Spike sat on the far end of the couch, away form Anya who crossed her amrs and glared at him.
"What are—" Spike started, but was interrupted by Willow.
"Don't even, Spike!" She warned.
"Chill out Will. He wasn't going to make a snide remark." Willow looked at Buffy warily as she defended Spike.
Maybe she was just defending him...there's no way they're together again...pleasepleaseplease don't let them be together.... Willow silently begged.
"As I was going to say," he shot a dark look at Willow before continuing. "What are we going to do with his body."
"Bury him, duh." Anya said sarcastically.
"No way..and 'ere I thought he'd be next weeks dinner." he shot back. Buffy and Wilow both got visuals and shuddered.
Spike looked exasperated "I was joking..."
Buffy suddenly brightened up. "That reminds me, Willow, have you got the spell ready for Spike?"
The vampire-in-question looked between the two of them suspiciously. "What spell?"
Anya smirked. "Oh, Buffy wants to turn you—" Buffy hit Anya with a pillow.
"What? What''d you do that for?" Anya protested.
"Keep your mouth shut." the Slayer replied.
Spike looked at the three of them, crossing his arms, which he immediately regretting since he had broken a few ribs earlier in the battle. "What are you planning to do to me?"
"You'll find out." Buffy promised.
"Is it..bad?" He asked carefully.
"Depends on how you look at it." Willow said, smiling abit.
He felt a stab of fear run though him. "Right then. I'm going to sleep..." the sun was already up and he couldn't force himself to stay awake much longer.
part 3 by Stepheth
***NØTE*** Yeah, so I frecking shamelessly stoled some of them fight scenes from 8 Mile...fecking sue me. Not like I'm making money off'a these [fics].

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

"The End Of The World As We Know It"
† Part 3 †

One Year Later...Sunnydale, CA
He was dragged out of the Alibi, and thrown against his stolen Datsun. Just as he recovered and stood up., he was pushed face first against the hood. He felt his nose break, but refused to holler in pain. He wasn't going to give any of these wanks the satisfaction of hearing him in pain.
He just took it.
He was punched in the stomach 'til he was sure a bruise had formed, and them kneed in the face 'til both his eyes were heavily bruised. He was hurting so bad that he felt numb.
Not once did he fight back.
Not that he could.
Willow had done a sodding spell, and it had been Buffy's idea. What a sodding brilliant one at that. Make the vampire who has the most enemies mortal.
He hated it, but it was the first step in cleaning himself up. Buffy was going to give him another chance...though this time she wouldn't sneak around behind everyone's back...she had let everyone know that she felt for him, and thats why he was letting her do as she pleased to him.
He noticed that the bike gang of Hell's-Angels-turned-vampires had lost interest in him and had proceeded back indoors. His head spun, but he forced himself up and decided to get the car tomorrow, then headed back towards Buffy's place as the sun started to rise, changing the sky from black to a blueish - pink.

¤ ¤ ¤

Dawn was rushing around, trying to get ready for school when Spike stepped through the door.
"Buffy, where'd you put my—" Dawn trailed off as she went downstairs to check the laundry basket of newly washed stuffs to see if a certain shirt was in the pile.
Spike leaned against the front door, his head pounding, as was virtually every other part of his body. He closed his eyes a second when a voice jarred him awake.
"Wow, what did you run in to ?" That was Kennedy, Willow's new fling. He glared at her, which proved to be a mistake then moved away from the door, making his way down to the kitchen. He needed something to drink. All he could taste was blood form the cut on his lip, and the after taste of everything he drank last night. At least Buffy couldn't bitch at him for drinking. She'd prolly think the hangover was just a headache from getting his ass whipped.

He got himself a glass of water and sat on a stool at the little island-table-thingie in the middle of the kitchen. The sun was really bright now, and his head was screaming for an aspirin. The microwave's clock read 7:30am. He sipped his water until Dawn left and Buffy came into the kitchen, not expecting Spike to be home.
"Angel much?" she asked.
"Sod off."
"I was only pointing out how you just appeared when you weren't here a minute ago," she looked closely at him. "Who'd you run into last night?" she grabbed the first aid kit from the kitchen cupboard and sat across from him.
He explained what had happened and when he was done, he remembered he had left his car out in the outskirts of town.
"Great, another bloody long walk" he squirmed when she held some ice to his forehead.
"Stay still...I'm not going to hurt you." she murmured, getting frustrated with him.
"It's hurtin' whether you touch it or not."
Her eyes widened, her mind obviously in the gutter.
He blushed faintly, as did she. "I didn't mean it like—"
"I know, I was just thinking about—Not that I was thinking about you...in that way...but...oh god never mind."
When she looked up, he was silent but had an amused expression on his face. She felt like slapping him, but refrained and instead, put the first aid kit away and got busy cleaning the breakfast dishes.
"Don't you have to go to Sunnydale High—" He trailed off, remembering she had gotten fired, and that since Wood wasn't principal anymore, she was out of a job.
"I'm going to get a shower and sleep abit.." he said excusing himself from getting beat up again for that slip up.

¤ ¤ ¤
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=52