Returning by Rachel_SA
Summary: OK, everyone has done their own little version of what if Buffy and Spike were together and then Riley returned. Well, this is my version. Written pre-season 6 on the show.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 16206 Read: 17193 Published: 01/17/2005 Updated: 01/17/2005

1. Prologue by Rachel_SA

2. Chapter 1 by Rachel_SA

3. Chapter 2 by Rachel_SA

4. Chapter 3 by Rachel_SA

5. Chapter 4 by Rachel_SA

6. Chapter 5 by Rachel_SA

7. Chapter 6 by Rachel_SA

8. Chapter 7 by Rachel_SA

9. Chapter 8 by Rachel_SA

10. Chapter 9 by Rachel_SA

Prologue by Rachel_SA
Returning: Prologue/9



Returning: Prologue/9
By *~Rachel*~

Disclaimer
: Disclaimer: Oh yes…they are ALL MINE! (Sarcastic) Haha. RIGHT. Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show.
Rating: It's basically PG-13 all the way though until the last part, which is sort of borderline R/NC-17
Summary: OK, everyone has done their own little version of what if Buffy and Spike were together and then Riley returned. Well, this is my version.
Spoilers: Probably most of fifth season and then since this story takes place in 6th season, spoilers for that. It doesn't really flow with the episodes, but it would be some time after "After Life" and before "Once More with Feeling," even though I make up my own "After Life" Type of scene.
Author’s Notes: Signifies thoughts.
Distribution: My site, Sinister Attraction, the groups I'm sending them out to, and....anyone else can just ask me first! (I'll probably say 'yes')
Special Thanks: Thank you SOOOO Much to my first beta EVER! Mary, thank you, thank you, thank you! You rock! For a beta-virgin, you couldn't have helped me out any better.
Feedback: YES! C'mon, lemme know what you think- positive or negative!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When Spike first saw her he didn't believe it was possible. Willow had called him asking him to come over to the Summers house right away. She told him that the gang had done something that they never thought possible and he had to see it too. Figuring that it couldn't have been anything great, he headed over to Revello Drive to see what Willow had phoned him about.

When he walked in the doorway, he saw Sweet Bit, a very tired looking Willow and a third person sitting down on the couch. Spike thought. There was no way that Willow could have pulled a trick like this and brought Buffy back. It was impossible. Yet there she was, sitting less than 10 feet away in brown slacks, an off-white top, and a black duster, which hung loosely off her shoulders. The clothes looked clean, so Dawn and Willow must have helped her change as soon as they got home. Spike's eyes immediately traveled to her hands, which were wrapped in white bandages.

 
"Buffy..." he gasped. "Buffy...it's you."

"She's a little bit shaky," Willow said. Her eyes darted around, trying not to tell him that she and Xander actually thought that the spell hadn't worked at all. "We, uh, didn't know she'd..."

"What did you do?" he asked, glancing over at Willow.

"Did a spell, brought her back," Willow said. "Her hands are...well, they're kinda all cut up from, something. We patched her up as soon as we got home though, so it'll be okay."

"She had to punch her way out of her coffin?" Spike asked softly. He had a dull memory of doing that himself.

"Yeah..." Buffy said softly, speaking for the first time since Spike had arrived. She tried to hide her knuckles from Spike's sight, trying to keep attention away from them.

"You let her come out *that* way?" Spike asked. "Let her work her own way out of a coffin buried in the ground?" He couldn't believe that Willow could be so insensitive and cruel.

"Well, we didn't know what would happen." Willow said, her voice not sounding angry or upset. She was too drained and worn out from working the very difficult spell. "But it's okay now. She's here and she's alive."

"And *she* is still in the room," Buffy said softly, annoyed that they were talking as though she wasn't even there. "Will, Dawn, can you leave me alone with Spike for a second?"

"Sure," the two girls said before walking upstairs and out of hearing range.

Spike walked up closer to Buffy, breathing her in. He'd dreamed of this, he'd wished for this -- to have her alive again and back in his life. But she looked so lost, so sad, and so tired.

Spike thought. He looked at her, trying to keep a welcoming and friendly smile on his face and not cry in front of her. He sat down on the couch, and suddenly he couldn't help himself. Everything that had been bottled up inside of him all summer came spilling out. "Buffy, I'm so sorry," Spike finally said, breaking down. "I failed. I couldn't do my job and I let you and Sweet Bit down."

"Spike..." her soft voice started. "I can't talk much...vocal chords not used to working yet, but..." her voice died off. "I don't blame you."

"If...if I can make it up to you in any way. I'll help you with anything. Wherever you were; if you were hurt or tortured, or..."

"I wasn't, Spike." Buffy said. "Don't you get it?" She stared at him, surprised that Spike of all people wouldn't understand why she was acting the way she was. "I wasn't in hell. I was in heaven."

Spike thought, listening as Buffy described the peaceful happiness of her afterlife experience and the pain of being suddenly ripped away from her mother’s presence.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 1 by Rachel_SA
Returning 1/9



Returning 1/9
By *~Rachel*~

Disclaimer
: Disclaimer: Oh yes…they are ALL MINE! (Sarcastic) Haha. RIGHT. Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show.
Rating: It's basically PG-13 all the way though until the last part, which is sort of borderline R/NC-17
Summary: OK, everyone has done their own little version of what if Buffy and Spike were together and then Riley returned. Well, this is my version.
Spoilers: Probably most of fifth season and then since this story takes place in 6th season, spoilers for that. It doesn't really flow with the episodes, but it would be some time after "After Life" and before "Once More with Feeling," even though I make up my own "After Life" Type of scene.
Author’s Notes: Signifies thoughts.
Distribution: My site, Sinister Attraction, the groups I'm sending them out to, and....anyone else can just ask me first! (I'll probably say 'yes')
Special Thanks: Thank you SOOOO Much to my first beta EVER! Mary, thank you, thank you, and thank you again! You rock!
Feedback? OF COURSE!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
It had been exactly 17 weeks and 2 days since Buffy had been brought back from the dead. Only Spike knew that Buffy had been in heaven rather than hell. However, she still didn’t understand why her friends had felt the need to bring her back. She was hurting, she was confused, and more than anything she just wanted peace once again. Buffy began spending most of her time alone in her room, reluctant to spend time with the gang. Almost every night she would go out to patrol, and eventually try to meet up with Spike so they could patrol together. When she wasn't patrolling, which seemed to be every other night or so, she tossed and turned in bed, trying to wake up from her constant nightmares.

Spike...he was the only one who actually knew what had happened to her and where
she had been. Strange as it may have seemed, Buffy found herself seeing Spike in a new light. She could relate to him in ways that she never thought possible, and sometimes it scared her -- she wanted more. Buffy would hang out with him until she knew that everyone would be asleep and she wouldn't have to worry about anyone bothering her with questions. As she patrolled with Spike, she learned his fears and guilt from the night she died; his feelings for her; his life 100 years ago, and more than she ever thought possible.

Word spread that the Slayer had returned from the dead a second time. Because of this, none of the demons wanted to take the chance of running into her. It seemed that almost all of the vampires and demons had cleared out of Sunnydale after those demon bike riders. Buffy was grateful of this, however, because it just made her nights go a little bit easier. Nevertheless, Buffy walked around the deserted cemetery with a stake in her hand.

"Evenin' love," a voice called out to her left.

Buffy spun around and looked toward the voice, already knowing whom it was. "Hello Spike," she greeted.

"Another night patrolling?" he asked, walking up to her. As soon as the sun had set he had started looking for her to see if she was out patrolling or not.

"What else?" she asked, continuing to walk. Spike fell into step with her. It was scary how alike they were now. Each of them knew more about each other than ever. When she came back, Spike was the only one who never pushed her to get back to the schedule of living. Instead, the two would talk as they patrolled- about stupid things, the way things were before he came back to down and was kidnapped by the Initiative. Spike was beginning to know Buffy better than Willow did anymore, since Buffy spent all of her time with him.

As Spike walked along side Buffy, he though to himself about peaceful he felt around her. However, ever since her return, that was the way that he always felt. He only hoped that she felt the same way. The two hadn't argued at all, something that Spike was grateful for. Spike had already figured that he had gotten more than a crumb. Maybe she was finally accepting all of him. Maybe she would start looking at him differently and his dreams would come true.

Spike decided to break the silence, saying, "How have you been?"

"I'm okay...I guess," she started. "Willow and all of them keep pestering me, trying to make me cheer up. Dawn has been staying with Xander and Anya most of the time because I'm just too busy to do anything for her...and yet I'm not doing anything. I'm just sitting here..."

This was about the 6th time that Buffy had shared her feelings with Spike, not knowing why she even started telling him what she was thinking. What made him so different that she could tell everything to without even having a second thought?

 
"They just want you to be happy, love." Spike said. "They think they did you a big favor by bringing you back."

"Well, they didn't. I wish they had just left me there." Buffy said.

Spike cleared his throat, wanting to change the subject. Truthfully, although he was shocked and angry that she had been brought back the first night he saw her, his feelings had changed. Now, he was beyond happy that the gang had brought Buffy back. However wrong it might have been, she was back here and befriending him, something that he never expected.

Buffy went on, saying, "Sorry, I know that you don't really want to hear me talk about this..."

"No, I don't mind it, love." Spike said.

"It's just that...it's nice," Buffy started, stopping her walking. She turned toward Spike, meeting his eyes. "It's nice to have someone to talk to that will listen to me and help me deal with all of this."

Spike smiled, glad that she finally admitted it. He had listened to her talk every night of their patrol and tried to reassure her. However, she had never come out and actually mentioned anything about it. "You know I'll be there for you, love." he managed to say.

 
She gazed up into his eyes, suddenly having the urge to kiss him and hold onto him until morning. She hadn't even had those lusty thoughts since Riley had left her, and that was more than one year ago. However, now the thought of it was killing her. she asked herself. "Look, I don't think we're going to find anything out tonight. It's been pretty quiet. Maybe we should just head back?"

 
"Sure thing, love." Spike said, turning around with her. The two started walking back the way they had come.

"Spike?" Buffy asked.

"Yes, love?"

"Can...can I hide at your place for a few hours?" Buffy asked, looking at him.

"What?" Spike managed to spit out. Now she wanted to come over to his crypt? He was beyond confused now.

"Well, I don't really want to go home. If I do...Willow is going to nag at me about how I should be doing *this* and doing *that* and *not* doing this and that and...and I don't really want to deal with that now," Buffy explained. Hopefully she could hide out at Spike's place for a couple hours until she was sure that Willow had gone to sleep.

"Sure thing, love. Uh, the place is a little messy- wasn't expecting company." Spike said.

"Oh, that's fine. I just...don't want to go home yet." Buffy said.

"Okay then, back to the crypt it is."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy threw some empty beer bottles off the couch before sitting down. She plumped up a couple of the tattered throw pillows and lay down on the couch, getting as comfortable as she could.

"Make yourself at home, love." Spike said, seeing that she already had. He had emerged from the basement after grabbing himself a beer.

"Thanks," she said, smiling at him. Buffy thought.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Spike offered.

"Uh, let me think...if my choices are blood and beer, then I think I'll say no." Buffy said. She appreciated him being polite, however.

"Oh please, you think that's all I've got?" Spike asked her, raising his eyebrows. "Hold on a second." And with that, he climbed back down the ladder. Buffy shifted into a more comfortable position.

Honestly, she was very tired. Ever since she had come back, Buffy had been bombarded by dreams in the middle of the night that would wake her, and keep her up until dawn. Nothing she did seemed to make them stop. She closed her eyes, thinking that maybe if she could get some rest here at a new place -- even though it was Spike's place -- she wouldn’t be plagued by the nightmares. She moved her head against the pillows and started falling asleep.

Spike climbed back up the ladder holding a bottle of Minute Maid Lemonade in his hand. He tried one of those at the Bronze last week, and was hooked. he thought. "Buffy?" he called out. "I managed to grab one of these..." His voice died off, his eyes looking at the slayer resting on the couch. he thought. "Buffy? Maybe you shouldn't fall asleep," he said, walking over to her. He didn't want the gang to worry about her and send out a search team. He gently shook her shoulder, trying to wake her, but the girl didn't budge.

Spike set the bottle of lemonade to the side and looked at Buffy. It was so quiet that he could hear her heartbeat pounding as though it was reverberating off the walls of the crypt. He crossed the room and sat in an old chair from which he had a clear view of the slayer. Before long, he was drifting off himself.

 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 2 by Rachel_SA
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
 
Buffy fought...she couldn't breathe...everywhere she felt there was dirt...she pushed against the top...no movements anywhere else...dirt flowing in and no way out...there was mud in her hair, fingers...

It was pressing her to death...she couldn't get out...no escape......she was slipping away...no escape this time...dying...

"No..." Buffy started moaning, thrashing around on the couch. "No!"

Her screams shook Spike out of his sleep and he tried to gather his thoughts as Buffy thrashed and kicked over on the couch. She was dreaming, and from the looks of it, it couldn't have been a good dream. He quickly strode over to the couch and started shaking Buffy, gently at first and then harder.

"Buffy!" He shouted to her.

"No!" Buffy said, her hands moving to push him away. "NO!"

"Buffy!" He shouted once more, shaking her shoulders back and forth.

Her eyes snapped open and she stared at him without recognition. She closed her eyes for one second. As she opened her eyes once again, her awareness began to return. "Spike?" she asked tentatively.

"Yeah, love, it's me..." Spike whispered, his arms closing around her in comfort "It was a nightmare, you're okay. It was just a nightmare."

Tears started welling in her eyes and she lowered her head. "God, it was awful," she started, burying her head in Spike's shoulder. He ran his arms up and down her back to give her solace. He felt her salty tears soak through his shirt and his hands ran through her hair as she cried. "Spike...I couldn't get out. The dirt kept coming. I couldn't breathe." and she gasped for breath as her cries continued. "I was suffocating and I couldn't get out this time."

"Shh, love. It's okay now, I've got you," Spike said comfortingly. He remembered what that was like -- climbing out of your own grave. The only difference was that he didn't have to worry about breathing as he made his way through 6 feet of dirt and rocks. "It's all over, and you're okay."

"It's not over, Spike. They keep coming, the dreams, the monsters, all the things I have to face when all I want to do is lay down and rest for once. I can't even do that without having nightmares." Buffy said. She moved back and looked at Spike's eyes, which seemed to be shimmering with tears of his own. She realized again that her pain was his pain.

"You'll get through it all," Spike said, not knowing what else to say that wouldn't cause her even more pain. "You've got friends, a Watcher that's only...20-something hours away, and...you've got me." Spike said. He cupped the back of her head in his hands and kissed her forehead before he could stop himself -- it just seemed so right.

Buffy stopped crying and looked at him, seeing the love and adoration in his blue orbs. she thought. she asked herself. "Uh, maybe I should...go," she said awkwardly. She rose from the couch and started toward the door, wiping at the tears on her face

"Buffy, wait. Maybe you shouldn't be leaving in this condition," Spike said.

"No, I'm fine. It's a short walk from here back to the house." Buffy said, backing away from him.

"Look, I'm sorry that I-"

"No, I'm fine. I can get back over there by myself."

"Buffy, it's it because I just kiss-"

"No! It's not that, I just..." Buffy's voice died off, knowing very well that it *was* that. "I should get back in case Willow and Dawn start to worry about me." She started opening the door.

"Okay," Spike finally said, defeated.

"But I'll be out patrolling tomorrow...so, if you want to join me..." Buffy said, her eyes meeting Spike's. "I'll be out then." After giving Spike one small smile and wiping her eyes dry, Buffy stepped through the doorway and silently closed the door behind her.

Spike fell back into the couch cushions, smelling the air around him. he thought, lying down on the couch and stretching his body out. he added. He drifted into unconsciousness thinking of Buffy and the taste of her skin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Slayer! Watch out!" Spike yelled as a vampire tried to roundhouse Buffy while she fought another one to her right. He grabbed the vampire that he was fighting by the collar and shoved him towards a headstone.

"Thanks!" She shouted back to Spike as she ducked one vampire's attack and then staked the one in front of her.

As soon as Buffy and Spike had met up, both planning to talk about their feelings towards each other, a group of vampires had emerged from a nearby crypt and fighting had ensued. Now the two were fighting off about 10 vampires, something that usually wasn't a problem except for the fact that Buffy hadn't fully gotten her slayer skills back up to par since her resurrection.

Buffy punched a vampire to her left in the gut before following through with a kick and then staking him in his dead heart. She turned to her left and started punching a new vampire. She felt weak, something she hadn't felt since she first became a slayer and her muscles weren't developed enough for the job.

Spike, on the other hand, was doing better than Buffy. He had already staked 4 of the 6 vampires around him and could tell that he was about to get one more. He grabbed one of the vampires by the shirt and spun him around, raising his left hand into the air and driving the stake home. The vampire exploded and Spike looked around for the other one that had just been standing there and was now missing.

"Spike! A little help here!" Buffy said, dodging the vampire whose kick then arched over her head. She blocked his punch before ducking once again, trying to get a clear shot in order to stake him. Three vampires surrounded her and one of them had just kicked the stake out of her hand. "A stake would be nice about now!"

Spike ran toward her. "Heads up, love." he said before throwing a stake in the air. Buffy caught it and very quickly dusted the vampires to the left and right of her and spun around to kick the vampire behind her. Spike watched as she fought the last vampire, amazed at how beautiful she was slaying and fighting. he thought.

Buffy tried to grab hold of the vampire's arm but he managed to slip out of her grip. He shoved Buffy hard, sending her flying back into Spike before he took off running for the woods. Buffy hit Spike with enough force to knock them both to the ground, and Buffy landed on top of the vampire. The two both groaned from the pain rushing through their bodies from the fall.

"That was great, love." Spike said with his usual sarcastic humor.

"Well, can't that just be the one that got away?" Buffy said, looking down at him. Neither one of them made a move to get up and chase the fleeing vamp.

"Not fair, I already had ‘the one that got away’ tonight," Spike said. He resisted the urge to push her golden locks of hair out of her face as she smiled down at him.

"Well..." Buffy started, catching her breath. "Then I guess tonight we've got ‘the two that got away’"

"Whatever you say, pet." Spike said, smiling at her. She returned the smile instantly. And the two smiled at each other a second longer until Spike said, "Uh, love, you want to get off me?"

"No, I really don't." Buffy said, and with that, she straddled him, pushing him flat onto the ground as she leaned down and pressed her lips against his. She held his arms down on the ground, keeping him from doing anything but kiss her. Her lips ran over his as the two kissed.

"What are you doing?" Spike finally managed to ask after Buffy pulled back gasping for air.

"What's it look like?" she asked, smiling at him with a sly gleam in her eyes. She lowered her mouth again, this time releasing his hands as she held into the sides of his face with her fingertips. Spike's hands traveled down her sides and rested at her hips as their mouths met over and over again, pausing only when Buffy needed to breathe.

 
Buffy pulled away and sat up straight, still not moving off of Spike's body. "Hey, Spike, remember when we were doing...this in that crypt when Willow did that spell? And Xander and Anya were fighting for their lives against that demon and we were just on the ground in this very position?"

"'Course I remember that, slayer," Spike said. "Bloody hell, been wishin’ it could happen again. It was very...well, I had Buffy taste in my mouth for days."

 
Buffy grinned, and delivered the only insult her mind could come up with at the time. So what if he’d heard it before? She was slightly distracted by the feel of his body beneath hers at the moment. A girl couldn’t be expected to be original all the time, could she? "You're a pig, Spike."

Spike returned her smile. "Yeah, but at least I'm not the one who wanted 'Wind Beneath-'" Buffy kissed him again, cutting off his embarrassing reminder of what he had yelled out to her friends.

"See? Don't need a wish for it to happen again." Buffy said, kissing him once more. "You make me happy, Spike. You're the only one so far who's actually been able to make me smile and laugh and remember all the good times instead of the bad and the …other bad parts of my life. I don't...I don't know where this is going, but I wanna find out. You want to find out with me?"

"Hell yes," said Spike, and he sealed their pact with a kiss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 3 by Rachel_SA
Returning 3/9



Returning 3/9
By *~Rachel*~

Disclaimer
: Disclaimer: Oh yes…they are ALL MINE! (Sarcastic) Haha. RIGHT. Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show.
Rating: It's basically PG-13 all the way though until the last part, which is sort of borderline R/NC-17
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
By far, this was the most innocent relationship Spike had ever been in. Buffy never let their smoochies go any further than that. Nevertheless, Spike didn’t mind waiting. Although he knew that he loved her, he wanted to help Buffy find out what she was feeling for him.

Sometimes Spike would meet up with her behind the Magic Box to talk and hang out while she was sparring. He'd help out with her fighting skills in the training room, giving them another chance to be together. They went patrolling together almost every night, which provided a good excuse for them to be together without the gang suddenly walking in on them. Then, when everyone was sleeping or out partying at the Bronze, Spike would meet at Buffy's house for some late night make-out time.

 
Much to Spike's dismay, their "togetherness" was a secret from everyone else. No one in the gang knew about their nightly meetings and the many kisses that the two used-to-be-enemies shared.

 
However, Xander, Willow, Tara, Anya, and Dawn had all noticed a change in Buffy's mood and appearance. Everyone was wondering what had gotten into her that had made her suddenly change and do a 180. No longer was she moping by herself in her room, she was out and around, walking into the Magic Box with a smile on her face. She started going back to the Bronze with her friends or having nights that she would share only with her sister so the two of them would remain close.

Her only worries were what everyone would say when they finally found out- because her friends *always* found out about things like this. Buffy remembered what they all thought while she was dating Angel and didn't know what everyone would say if they found out that she was dating Spike.

Spike noticed the changes within her also. Every time he saw her acting more like the normal Buffy, he smiled when he thought that *he* was the cause of it.

 
Two months passed. Demon activity on the Hellmouth was down, and Buffy was thankful. Finally! Some time alone with her...well, whatever Spike was to her now.

Buffy sat on top of a headstone in one of Sunnydale’s many graveyards with that very question running through her mind. What did Spike mean to her? The term 'boyfriend' just didn't seem to fit him, but they weren't pure lovers yet either.

"Penny for your thoughts, love?" Spike asked, walking up behind her. He quickly kissed her cheek as she stood up.

"Ugh, money's pretty tight these days," Buffy complained. "I'll give them to you for free."

"Then give away," Spike said, walking around and standing next to her. He wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed her forehead. "What's wrong?"

"Wrong? Nothing," Buffy said, starting to walk in between the tombstones and flower bouquets. "I was just...thinking about us."

"Really?" Spike asked, feeling a wave of dread coming over him. "What about us?"

She looked over at him and smiled, knowing what he was thinking. "No, I'm not going to dump you, Spike." she said, smiling when she saw him sigh with relief. "I was thinking about, well...what we are."

"Well, I'm a vampire and you-"

"No, not that kind of 'what,' like...'boyfriend,' 'couple,' or...whatever." Buffy said. "Y'know what I mean?"

Spike stopped walking and grabbed her arm to stop her also. "What do you want us to be?"

Buffy looked around, everywhere but where he was standing. She didn't want to disappoint him with a lousy answer. "I -- I don' t know."

"Well, that's okay," Spike said. She was with him and that was all that mattered, no matter how long it took. One night while kissing her, Spike was so caught up in the moment that he whispered how much he loved her. Buffy, however, only smiled and said, "I know," before kissing him again. Even though she might not share his feelings - yet -- it was great that at least he could express his.

"But it's *not* okay. We've been together for like 2 months and I'm still confused by what's going on between us." Buffy said. "I mean, you're *mine* and I don't want to let you out of sight, but there's not a term that --" Buffy's voice was cut off from Spike's lips pressing against hers.

He pushed her body up against his as he wrapped his arms around her waist and ran his lips across hers, pausing here and there to allow Buffy to breathe. Finally, Spike pulled back and rested his forehead against hers, sighing. he thought.

"Not that I'm complaining, but what did I say?" Buffy said.

"Nothing, love." Spike said. "Just...you called me yours. That's...that's a lot better than a simple title like boyfriend...sounds poufy anyway."

"Well, I'm yours, right?" Buffy questioned before Spike slowly nodded. "Well, you're mine, okay?"

 
"Okay, pet." Spike replied, his voice thick with love. Quickly, he took a step towards her and raised her head with his fingertips before kissing her. Gentle at first, before quickly turning passionate and out of control, Spike's arms seemed to swallow her whole as the two kissed, their tongues mingling and their fingers sweeping through each other's hair.

"Well, look what we've got here," A loud and obnoxious voice called out from behind Spike. "Spike and some blonde bimbo making out!"

Buffy and Spike broke apart and grinned sheepishly at each other, knowing very well whom that voice belonged to. "Evenin', Harris." Spike said, turning slightly to reveal Buffy’s face.

"Spike..." Xander said, looking at the vampire in front of him. Anya and Willow were at his side. The three of them had been looking for Buffy, planning to give her a night off by offering to patrol for her "And Buffy!" Xander shrieked, his hands dropping the axe he was carrying. "Buffy...Buffy-bot!"

"Xander..." Buffy started. Her eyes darted back and forth between Xander's denial and Willow and Anya's shocked expressions. They at least, knew that she wasn't the bot.

"I thought the bot was destroyed," Xander said to Anya. His fiancé only managed to slightly nod and grunt, not believing what she was seeing.

"The Bot was trashed, whelp." Spike said.

"Spike, be nice." Buffy said, slapping his arm.

"Sorry, love," Spike apologized.

"Xander, it's me...Buffy." Buffy explained, taking a step towards him. The only reply she received was the sound of Xander Harris falling to the ground in a dead faint.

 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy and Willow tried slapping the sides of Xander's face to get him to wake up. "Xander!" Buffy said.

"Hmm? Wha-oooh, my head." Xander said. He looked at Buffy and then behind her at Spike who was standing a few feet away from him. "Please tell me I imagined Buffy and Spike making out."

"No...uh, no you didn't." Buffy said. "Uh, we're kinda together...hey, did I forget to mention that at the Scooby meetings?" Behind her, Spike chuckled.

"Oh man, what a nightmare," Xander said, climbing to his feet.

"It's not a nightmare, Xander, it's...me and Spike, and we're sort of trying out the together aspect of life." Buffy said. "If you have a problem with it, then oh well. You're just going to have to deal with it."

"But Buffy, he's-"

"Hey! All those times when Anya makes some tactless comment or used to talk of her old 'demon days' or tried to get her powers back and released that evil Willow in our town, did I ever say anything when you were dating her?" Buffy asked. Xander was always the person who got on her case whenever it dealt with her and her significant other. "No offence, Anya." Buffy said over to her.

"That's okay," Anya replied.

"But Buffy...he's just-"

"He's with me." Buffy said, looking over at him. "What business is it of yours, anyway?"

Xander lowered his eyes; inwardly realizing that the reason she was doing so well was because of Spike. "Okay, Buff. Let me just take some time to get used to all of this."

"Okay Xander."

"And...let me go home and put some ice on my head where I landed." Xander added, starting to walk off. "Anya, you coming?"

"In a minute, sweetie!" She called back out to him.

Buffy wandered back over to where spike was standing. "Well, wasn't that interesting?"

"It was bloody fun, pet." Spike relied. "It looks like Demon Girl and Red want to talk to you and I think I'm out of all my beer and smokes, so I'm going to head over to town and grab some."

"Good, and anyway, I'd like to get home to relieve Tara of Dawn-duty." Buffy said.

"Okay then," Spike replied, "I'll see you tomorrow night, right?"

"You got it." Buffy replied, smiling up at him. The two met in a sweet, chaste kiss, before Spike walked away from her and faded into the shadows.

Buffy walked back to where Willow and Anya were standing and the three fell into step together, heading in the general direction of Buffy’s house. A smile was plastered on her face and she had to force herself to not laugh about how happy she was feeling right then. "What?" she asked when she noticed the others staring at her.

"What?!" Willow asked back. "Buffy, that was...Spike, you and- and Spike-"

"Yeah, we're kinda...together I guess." Buffy said.

"That's the reason you've been so happy these last couple of months." Willow said slowly, as understanding began to dawn. Right then and there, her feelings for Spike changed. If the vampire could bring a depressed and sad Buffy back into the light and make her laugh then he was worth keeping around for a while.

"Yeah, he helped me get back to everything and…" Buffy said. "He helped me live."

"Well, that's good then." Willow said. "That's good."

Anya turned her head and looked at Buffy with this "you've got to tell me now" look. "So..." she started. "How is he in bed?"

Buffy burst out laughing and quickly tried to be quiet. She blushed the slightest bit as she collected herself. "Anya, no...I don't know. We haven't...y'know, yet."

"But you're going to right? He'd be your orgasm friend...much like Giles' old orgasm friend when we lost our voices." Anya said, remembering the time when the Gentlemen came to town.

"Eeew...that was too much information." Buffy said. "No, we're...taking it slow I guess and just seeing how all of this turns out."

"Well, that's good." Willow said, jumping onto the Buffy and Spike bandwagon. Her friend was happy, and -okay -- Spike was the cause of it, but that wasn't the point.

"But I bet he's a *hell* of a kisser," Anya said, smiling over at Buffy.

Buffy grinned and let out a laugh that almost sounded like a snort. "Oh yes, hell yes." she said, giggling like a 16-year-old.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For once, something very unusual was happening- everyone was getting along. Buffy and Spike were together, Xander and Anya were engaged, Tara and Willow were still going strong, and Dawn was free from the threat of some Hellbeast God or anything else. Everyone was worry-free and able to get out and have fun at night, almost as though Sunnydale was no longer on a Hellmouth.

 
Xander and Spike were actually getting along and Buffy seemed to have recovered 100% from leaving heaven. She realized that she’d get to go back there one day and she should live in the *now* with her friends and Spike at her side as long as she could. She loved him, which was clear to her now, and didn't want that feeling to go away. All in all, things were going pretty well. Which, of course, meant that something very evil was coming up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was late at night, but the bus depot was still packed. Buses were rolling into the station and pausing only long enough to allow people to climb aboard before driving back off into the night.

One bus from northern California slowly stopped. A tall and broad shouldered man stepped off the bus steps. He was the only person stepping off of the bus- after all, who would want to come and stay in Sunnydale?

The man walked away from the brightly-lit bus station, swinging his beaten black leather bag over his shoulder. The familiar path appeared before his eyes and he started walking into town. "Good to be home," Riley said to himself as he breathed in the fresh air.

He'd drop off his bags at a hotel in town and then head out for his first stop -- Buffy's house.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 4 by Rachel_SA
Returning 4/9



Returning 4/9
By *~Rachel*~

Disclaimer
: Disclaimer: Oh yes…they are ALL MINE! (Sarcastic) Haha. RIGHT. Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show.

Rating: It's basically PG-13 all the way though until the last part, which is sort of borderline R/NC-17

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"And then Anya screamed when some little girl thought that it'd be cute to bring in a white rabbit to the shower because her mom just got it for her as a birthday present." Buffy said, thinking back to the party that everyone had thrown for Anya. Xander's co-workers were invited to the wedding so the wives attended the bridal shower. She was explaining to Spike everything that had happened at the party. "We had a hell of a time trying to explain to everyone why Anya was deathly afraid of the rabbit."

 
"Sounds like Demon Girl had fun," Spike said. They walked down the sidewalk in the dark, nearing Buffy's home. Buffy had gone over to Spike's crypt in the afternoon and stayed with him for the remainder of the day, something she had started doing several times each week. The two talked and laughed over Anya and Xander's pre-wedding festivities.

"God, you should have seen her and the stripper though." Buffy said. She shivered and wrapped her long, black, leather jacket around her. "She insisted we have one." Spike chucked before wrapping an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him to keep her warm. Although he had no body heat, she immediately felt warmer.

"I bet Harris would love to hear about that," Spike said smugly. Although he and Xander were getting along, Spike still loved to make fun of him. "Maybe I should mention it sometime."

"You're never going to stop making fun of him, are you?" Buffy asked, looking over at him.

"Can't help it, love. It's just too much fun." The two rounded a curb and came into view of Buffy’s house. "How's Niblet doing?" Spike asked. He hadn't seen much of her recently since every time he was at Buffy's house Dawn was out with her friends.

"Oh, she's great. She's got this major crush for a guy now," Buffy explained. "She's been going to the Bronze almost every Friday and Saturday night to hang out with him and her friends."

"Like a date?" Spike asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Well...I guess..." Buffy said. "She's almost sixteen."

"She can't date! She's too young," Spike said, stopping her as they stood under a street lamp. "Guys around that age gonna take advantage of her." Since caring for Dawn the summer after Buffy’s death, Spike had become almost unreasonably protective of the younger girl.

"I was dating Angel when I was 16," Buffy reminded him.

Spike made a face of disgust and tried not to insult her ex-boyfriend. "Let's not talk about the poufter, okay, love?"

Buffy grinned, knowing that she hit a sore spot. "Okay then, let's not talk at all." And she pulled him toward her to kiss him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Riley walked down the sidewalk near Buffy's house. He wanted to tell her everything that had happened in South America, all the death and demons he had seen there. He needed to tell her that he'd worked everything out mentally and wanted to start over with her again. He needed to be with her again, and he knew that she would want him back too. Since she was so upset to see him leave she'd probably welcome him back with open arms.

He turned left and saw Buffy's house. The lights were on so hopefully someone was home. Riley thought. He grinned, thinking,

He had always hated that blonde vampire. He hated that Buffy seemed to have a soft spot for him, never being able to stake him. Riley could think of many good excuses -- the "engagement," the time when Spike had hoped to get his chip out and ended up almost getting Riley killed, and not to mention the hundreds of people he had killed during the decades before he arrived in Sunnydale. Hopefully, Buffy had finally come to her senses and killed him.

Across the street, he saw a couple dressed in long leather coats kissing under the light of a streetlamp. Riley squinted, trying to make out their features because something about them seemed very familiar. He had good eyesight but… he thought when he realized that the man was Spike The couple were very wrapped up in each other, and the angle of the girl’s face made it impossible for Riley to identify her. He could see the long blonde hair ... he wondered.

 
Riley stayed hidden in the shadows on the other side of the street as he approached Spike and his mystery friend. Finally, he got close enough to recognize her He watched the two kiss under the beam of light, disgusted by what he was seeing. he thought, trying not to gag. *His* girl, albeit not girlfriend, was kissing the one thing in this town that he truly loathed. Although he wanted to tear his eyes away from the scene, he couldn't, feeling compelled to watch, and straining to hear what, if anything, was being said.

Riley watched Spike slide his hands inside Buffy’s coat, his hands running up underneath her shirt and along her bare back. Buffy giggled, her lips breaking away from Spike's for a second. "Ooh, hands...hands in new places," she said to him, drawing her tongue across his lower lip. Spike moved his hands to the side of her body and then to her chest before he gently caressed her breasts. "Ooh, hands in nice places now," Buffy joked again before kissing him.

Bile rose in Riley's throat and he fought the urge to gag for fear of getting caught. The image of Spike groping Buffy would be forever etched in his memory. Riley thought. Riley turned around and walked back to the hotel he was staying at. There was no way that he was going to talk to Buffy tonight, not when he just saw her moaning and Spike's hands all over her, touching areas that were meant for him alone. Riley thought.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Slayer," Spike whispered, trying to calm her down and stop her from trying to jump his bones while they were still outside where everyone could see them. "Maybe we should..." he kissed her on the lips, breaking his speech. "We should...get inside..."

 
"Dawn's home," Buffy replied, breaking his kiss to reply. "With Willow."

"Well...maybe we could sneak past them," Spike suggested, looking down at her, her lips moistened and swollen from his kisses.

"Spike..." she warned, using a tone of voice she only used when she was pissed at him, which hadn't been recently, but she still didn't want to let her friends see any more of the two of them then they had to.

"I know, love," Spike replied, knowing that he wouldn't have gotten away with it. He kissed her once more and swept his fingers through her hair. "Anyway, there's bound to be something good on the telly now."

"At midnight?" Buffy asked, raising her eyebrows. "Whatever you say, Spike."

Spike and Buffy broke apart, Buffy pulling down and straightening her shirt as Spike pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Goodnight, love." Spike said.

"Goodnight Spike," Buffy replied. "Are you coming over tomorrow? Dawn will be out again, and we'll have the place all to ourselves all night..." she started suggesting.

"Count me in, pet," Spike said.

"Good," Buffy smiled. The two separated and Spike started walking away as Buffy stood there, watching him. "Spike!" She called out to him, stopping him from walking.

"Yes, love?" he asked, turning around.

"I..." Buffy said it. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"You got it, slayer." Spike said, before walking off and disappearing into the night.

"I'm so stupid," Buffy muttered to herself as she turned back around and started walking up to her house and the front porch. Finally, things were all worked out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 5 by Rachel_SA
Part 5:



Part 5:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next evening, Spike got ready to head over to Buffy's house. Although the sun hadn't fully set yet and he was seriously thinking about running over to Buffy's house now and dealing with getting singed from the sunlight. However, he wanted to look his best when he arrived. He would rather not have a trail of smoke follow him as he ran through the door. He grabbed his leather coat off the back of the chair and pulled it onto his body before beginning to pace back and forth again, counting down the minutes until the sun would have fully set.

 
The sun was barely visible now as Spike looked out the window. Spike was anxious to leave and willed the sun to go down just the slightly bit faster. He grabbed a cigarette and lit it before pacing again, willing the sun to go down just the slightest bit faster. After that cigarette was finished, he checked the window again. He thought to himself, seeing that the sun had finally set. He walked up to the doorway and opened the door, preparing to step out. He was so busy thinking about Buffy and the two of them that he didn't even see the stranger who stood in front of him. "Spike," a voice growled at him.

Spike stopped walking and looked up at the figure standing a few feet away from him. "Well, well, well," Spike said. "If it isn't Captain Cardboard back from South America."

"How ya doing, Spike?" Riley asked coldly.

"I'm fine, mate," Spike said. He started moving past Riley, but Riley blocked his move.

"Mind if I come in?" Riley asked Spike. He walked past Spike and entered his crypt. Spike sighed and cursed, turning back around and following him inside his crypt. Spike thought. He wanted to head over to Buffy's house so he could be with her as long as possible.

"Looks like I got here just in time," Riley said, walking deeper into Spike's home.

 
Spike raised an eyebrow, taking a few steps towards the man. Did he know what was going on? "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know what that's supposed to mean," Riley replied. "You...and Buffy."

"What about me and the slayer?" Spike asked, trying to play it cool.

"The fact that I had to resist the urge to throw up when I saw the two of you together." Riley sneered, walking up to Spike. "So, what's the plan, Spike? You use her? Your chip has stopped working and so now you decide that the time is right to charm her with...well, whatever charms you have, before stringing her along until you can find some way to kill her?"

Spike stared at him in shock. "What's your excuse, Soldier Boy? You left her a year ago. I didn't see your name on her anywhere."

Riley grabbed him by the fabric of his shirt. "And if I find out that you actually looked everywhere..."

Spike shoved him off, taking a step back. "Sod off. She's not *yours*, mate. You left her, and I haven't."

"To my dismay, you haven't. You're right about that." Riley said. "I swear to god, if I find out that you've hurt her, screwed around with her brain at *all*, then I will --"

"It's not going to be like that, mate!" Spike exclaimed.

"Oh really? Because all I see is some lame-ass vampire who thinks he's got Buffy under his 'spell' and has nothing good to offer to her unlike-"

"That's enough!" Spike shouted, drawing out his left fist and punching Riley in the face. Riley fell to the floor in a heap as Spike stared at his fist in shock. "What the hell?" he whispered.

Riley slowly started to rise, shaking his head in an attempt to throw off the dull pain. He hadn't really been hurt by Spike's punch, it had only caught him off guard. When he stood to his full height and stared at Spike, Spike found himself gazing into Riley's eyes...his glowing, and eerily yellow vampiric eyes. "Surprise," Riley said. "Guess I'm not as ‘Soldier Boy’ as you thought."

"You're...you're a vampire," Spike could only stutter. He wondered how come he didn't notice it in the first place.

 
"Yeah, it's kind of funny how it happened," Riley said, walking around Spike. "My commander in the rainforest directed us to raid a village in the where those demons were living. He didn't know that the demons were in league with the vampires there. Before you know it, everyone's dead or turned and, well...I woke up with a craving to return to Sunnydale. I even got a warlock to cast a spell on me so that no one knows that I'm a vampire, not even Buffy. She'll think that I'm still good ol' Iowa-farm boy.

"You see, I guess I figured that if Buffy was hot for Angel, a vampire with a soul back then, and always had a soft spot for *you*, then...Hell, why *wouldn't* she ask me back to stay with her?" Riley said, grinning at Spike. "I mean, I come back to town and find that she's all hot for *you*, a vampire with a government chip installed into his brain."

"Buffy's not going to like you like that, and you know it," Spike said. "Okay, you got the monster in you now, but she's already got a monster...me."

Riley growled as he ran up to Spike, shoving him back to the wall of the crypt. "I don't think so, Spike. She sees me, she'll jump out of her however-many-months-long-insanity and come back to me, with open...well, you know."

Spike swung his arms around, pushing Riley off of him and then following through with a punch to the right side of his cheek. He kicked Riley in his gut and faced him. "Well, lucky me. Guess I finally can do what I've always wanted...kill you."

Riley growled in response. "You can try. Try your best, Spike." And with that, Riley leaped forward and kicked Spike in his stomach before hitting him on his back and shoving him towards the floor of the crypt. The fight continued. Along with his combat training and vampirism, Riley was a strong fighter, an equal match for Spike.

Spike dodged Riley's slow left-handed jabs as he tried to stay out of the way of his right fist. "So, what's your plan, mate?" Spike asked in between dodging. "You go over and turn Buffy and the two of you wreck havoc on Sunnydale?"

"Well, good idea..." Riley said, ducking as Spike tried to kick him. "Actually, I was thinking about turning Dawn first and making Buffy watch and *then* turn Buffy before we go wreck havoc on the town."

"You don't come *near* Niblet," Spike growled fiercely. "I'm not allowing that to happen."

Riley stared at him, momentarily letting down his defenses. "What's happened to you? Sure you've got a chip, but you're still a vampire, it's not like you've got a soul."

"No, but that little girl has gone through a lot, and I'm not letting her *or* Buffy down." Spike said, remembering the night when he promised Buffy that he would protect Dawn. He still held onto the promise and would until he or Dawn died. "Not that you would know anything about that," Spike added before punching him again.

Riley grabbed Spike and threw him up against a wall. Bending the blonde’s arm up behind his back, Riley smashed Spike hard into the wall, then forced him to turn and meet Riley’s own eyes. "Getting tired?" he asked.

"Not in the slightest," Spike replied. He tried to push Riley off, but his heavier body didn't budge.

"Well, I know that I'd love to stay around and fight, but I have to get to Buffy's house." Riley said. "I know that she'll just be speechless to see me." He punched Spike in his stomach and jabbed at him in the face with his fists. Riley pulled out a taser from behind his back and turned it on. The electricity shot out as he turned the taser on and pressed it against Spike's back.

"Arg!" Spike screamed. "Bloody hell!" Riley repeated the motion, this time sticking the taser on Spike's chest.

In a quick motion, he grabbed Spike and threw him across the room where he landed lying across the hole to the lower level of the crypt. Riley walked up to him and kicked him in the ribs, pushing Spike down into the basement where he landed on top of a pile of rubble. He looked down at the fallen vampire making sure he made no move to get up. "I'll be seeing you, Spike," Riley said before walking out of the crypt and turning toward Buffy's house.

 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
Chapter 6 by Rachel_SA
Returning 6/9



Returning 6/9
By *~Rachel*~

Disclaimer
: Disclaimer: Oh yes…they are ALL MINE! (Sarcastic) Haha. RIGHT. Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show.

Rating: It's basically PG-13 all the way though until the last part, which is sort of borderline R/NC-17

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
Buffy ran around her room, trying on various tops and necklaces and other things. Spike was coming over tonight. It was actually going to be the first time that the two had ever been alone at her house without the watchful eye of Willow or Xander or someone like that. She sprayed some perfume on her wrists and brushed through her hair, smiling to herself in the mirror. This was it...now or never. She loved Spike, she really did, and she wanted to tell him that and watch as his blue eyes lit up in surprise.

Downstairs, she heard the doorbell ring. she thought to herself. Usually Spike would walk in without warning and come up behind her when she was least expecting it. However, maybe tonight he was going to be polite.

Buffy walked down the stairs and walked up to the front door. She smiled, getting ready to great Spike as she opened the door. "Hey-!"

It was Riley. "Buffy, hey," he said, looking at her. he thought.

"Riley..." she said, at least acknowledging that she remembered him. Her smile had disappeared as she stood there, looking at him. She didn't want him here, especially when Spike was due any minute.

"How are you?" Riley asked. he thought. He knew that Buffy would think that it was suspicious if Riley couldn't enter the house by himself.

"I'm good," Buffy managed to say. "Listen, uh, I was kind of expecting some...friends, and they-"

"Well, this won't take long," Riley said.

"Okay then," Buffy said, moving aside to allow him to walk in. She stared at him, her eyes cold. "Well, are you coming in or not?"

Riley thought triumphantly to himself. "Sorry, I just didn't know if you were okay with me coming back into your home," he said as he walked through the doorway.

"Well, I can't say that I'm happy having you here but..." Buffy started walking into the living room and Riley followed, a look of hunger and evil stretching across his face. "Now that you *are* here, I guess I could ask you how things went?" She sat down on the couch and Riley sat down as close to her as he could without being *too* close.

"God, Buffy, it was horrible," Riley started. "So many of my men died...so much death, so many demons everywhere."

Buffy looked over at him, saying, "Riley, I'm so sorry."

"It was awful," Riley said. "But, we got released and now I'm back. I thought that we could, you know..."

"Riley, I don't think so..." Buffy said. "It's been a year. You don't know what's happened to me since you left. I’ve been seeing someone -sort of - and I think it may be..."

"Spike?" Riley spit out of his mouth, his farm-boy act starting to dissolve.

"Wh-what? How do you know about Spike?" Buffy asked. He didn't reply and she immediately got suspicious. "Riley, what happened?"

"Oh don't worry, I got him out of our way," Riley said smugly.

"What did you do?" Buffy asked, rising from the couch. "Riley, what did you do to him?" He didn't answer, just stared at her and smiled. "Whatever," Buffy said, starting to walk to the foyer. "I think you need to go," she said, her voice floating back to him. Riley rose from the couch and started walking up to Buffy, his facial features shifting into the face of an evil demon. "I need to go out there and find him...fix whatever you did to him." She opened the door for Riley to leave.

Riley walked up to her and grabbed the side of her neck, bending it to the left and baring in place of: bearing the right side of her neck, the side where each of them -- the Master, Angel and Dracula - those that had come before him, had bitten her. Her eyes widened at what he was doing. Riley growled in her ear before saying, "You're not going anywhere." He licked the side of her neck, his free hand grabbing her hands as they tried to push him off.

"Riley! What the hell are you doing?!" She shouted.

Her only answer was a feral growl before she felt his fangs penetrate her flesh and bite her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spike woke feeling dazed. He looked around, confused by where he was. It took him a couple of minutes to realize that he was in the lower level of his crypt. He shook his head, trying to force the headache to go away. he thought.

Spike climbed to his feet and pulled himself up the ladder before grabbing a stake from the weapons chest he kept in the corner He ran out the door of the crypt and used all his supernatural speed as he raced toward Buffy’s home, trying to get there before it was too late.

What normally seemed a short distance now seemed like a never-ending marathon as he ran to Buffy's house. Finally, he rounded the curve in Revello Drive, racing past the same streetlight he and Buffy had been kissing under the night before, and dashed across the road to her house. He let his mind wander and the thought that he may never kiss her again made Spike sick to his stomach but he kept his thoughts together, refusing to break down when Buffy may need him the most.

He sprinted up to her front porch, gasping for breath unnecessarily, and felt his heart drop when he saw Riley drinking from Buffy. The front door was open, the two of them lying on the floor as Riley slowly and painfully drew the blood out of Buffy's jugular. Briefly, Buffy met Spike's eyes, and he could see her whisper his name before his eyes closed. "No..." He whispered, fearing the worst for the woman he loved so much.

Spike jumped the three stairs on the front porch and ran inside the house. He pulled Riley off of her and pulled the stake out of the left-side pocket in his leather jacket. Riley turned to face him, his eyes gleaming and teeth and lips stained with blood.

"See?" Spike sneered in Riley's face. "I told you that you weren't the long-haul guy." And with that, Spike drove the stake home, right into Riley's dead heart. Riley exploded into a cloud of dust and settled around Buffy and Spike.

"Buffy?" Spike asked, bending down to look at her. Her eyes were closed and he couldn't see her chest moving up and down. He felt for a pulse in her wrist and felt a faint 'thump thump, thump thump.' Spike thought. "Buffy? Love, wake up!" he urged her.

He carefully picked Buffy up in his arms, the usual strong and powerful slayer feeling weak and feeble in his arms. Once again, he was running, only this time towards Sunnydale General, praying that he could get her there in time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey! We need some bloody help here!" Spike shouted as he burst through the doors of the emergency entrance, Buffy held close in his arms.

Immediately, two nurses ran up to Spike and the unconscious slayer. "Okay, what happened, sir?" the brunette nurse asked.

"She...she got attacked, lost a lot of blood." Spike explained, trying to tell as much as the truth as he possible could. "Bloody hell, she needs help. I felt a pulse, but I couldn't get her to wake up."

"Okay, sir...we'll take it from here," the first nurse said, signaling him to follow her to one of the stretchers. "What's the victim's name?"

"Buffy...Buffy Summers," Spike managed to say. He laid Buffy on the stretcher and grabbed hold of her hand. He looked at her pale face and frowned, dragging his hand through her hair. Spike thought.

"And your name?"

"Sp-William," he said. "Uh...Winthrop," he said, trying to remember his last name and failing miserably. He made up something in his head. "Please, you guys have to help her."

"Sir, we'll do whatever we can." The second, and much older, nurse replied. "Debbie, pull Ms. Summers' file, please." she told the nurse who was following her. The brown-haired nurse and another man grabbed the ends of the stretcher and started wheeling it down the hallway. Spike followed the two, holding onto Buffy's hand.

"I'm sorry, sir," the nurse said, stepping out and holding Spike back.

"What?"

"You can't come with her." She said.

"Bloody hell I can't. I- I need to be there. I have to..." Spike said.

"Mr. Winthrop," she started. "Let us do our job. You did a good thing by bringing her here when you did, and now we need to take over."

Spike sighed. He hated rules, but he mostly hated rules like this. "Okay, I'll be out here."

Debbie, the nurse who had pulled Buffy's folder walked back over to the nurse that had helped Spike. "I got her information. This is the second time in three years that she's been here for the exact same thing," she said as the two of them started wheeling Buffy past the double doors.

Spike watched Buffy disappear down the hallway, hearing the two ladies talk about the last time Buffy was here for a "loss of blood" accident. he thought as he walked back into the waiting room. Then, feelings of shame and guilt washed over him. He should have gotten to her house sooner. He should never have let Riley get out of his crypt in the first place. Spike thought.

He walked over to the phone and dropped some change in the slot before dialing Xander's apartment number. "Hey...Harris there?" Spike asked Anya on the other line. "Yeah...yeah, it's Spike. Look, uh, you better round up the gang...something's happened to Buffy and she's at the hospital," he explained to Xander. As soon as he said that, Xander hung up the phone to go find Willow and Dawn.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 7 by Rachel_SA
Returning 7/9



Returning 7/9
By *~Rachel*~

Disclaimer
: Disclaimer: Oh yes…they are ALL MINE! (Sarcastic) Haha. RIGHT. Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show.

Rating: It's basically PG-13 all the way though until the last part, which is sort of borderline R/NC-17

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
 
The gang arrived in short order. They saw him sitting in the shadows, anxiously waiting for news. More than anything, he wanted Buffy to walk into the room and tell him she was ready to go home. They crossed to him with worried looks on their faces.

"What happened?"

"Is she okay?"

"What did the doctors say?"

"What did you *do* to her?"

Tons of questions came out of all of their mouths at the same time, leaving Spike no time to actually answer all of them. Finally, they all quieted down and looked at him. Spike slowly stood up and stared at all of them. "She's going to be okay I think." He said to them.

"What happened, Spike?" asked Dawn, looking up at the blonde vampire with tears shimmering in her eyes.

"She, uh, got attacked, Sweet Bit," he explained.

"But...you were supposed to protect her," Dawn said, jumping to conclusions. "Where were you?"

"Helping?" Xander asked? "Attacking her in the first place?"

"Shut your *gob* Harris!" Spike shouted at him. "I would *never* do something like that to her!"

"Xander, I'm sure that Spike can explain all of this," Willow said. She was reminded when the same thing happened to Buffy and Angel when he had brought her to the hospital. They had all jumped to conclusions that Angel bit her for the hell of it, not because she forced him to. She didn't want that to happen again, so she was going to try and give Spike a chance. "Spike, what happened?"

 
"Uh...Riley, he came back to down with a new look, all fangy teeth and yellow eyes," Spike tried to explain. "He, uh, bit her and-"

"Oh, now you're just struggling for an excuse," Xander said. "Trying to do anything that can take the blame away from *you* and place it on someone else...someone that hasn't been here for like a year."

Spike scowled at him, knowing that this was just the opportunity that Xander needed to get everyone to turn against him. "Look, whelp, I know what I saw and what I did. This is just what you were hoping for, I know that." He looked over at Dawnie, who stood there with tears streaming down her face. "Look, Lil' Bit, I-"

"Why weren't you there?" Dawn whispered to him. Spike stared at her, his undead heart tearing in two from the tone in her voice and her facial expression. he thought. Spike gathered his composure and started walking away. He would head back to his crypt, pack up his things, and leave. Spike thought, because then he'd be just like all the rest of them, all the rest of those stupid blokes who had left her, and Spike was better than that.

A nurse walked into the waiting room. "Uh, is William Winthrop here?" she asked.

Xander and the gang walked up to her. "Yeah, he had to leave. Uh, this is Dawn, Buffy's sister, and we're her friends...extended family, I guess you could say." he explained to her. "So, how is she?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A day and a half later, Buffy snapped out of her coma. She jumped awake and gasped for breath. she thought. Her hand instinctively ran up to the right side of her neck, feeling the taped piece of gauze that was placed there over the bite wound. she thought, rising from the bed.

She saw her clothes lying on the chair across from the bed and slowly dressed, trying to shake off that feeling of dizziness and weariness. she thought. Well, her thoughts didn't even want to go there.

Slowly, she started walking out of the patient's room and saw all of her friends and sister sitting on a long bench in the hallway. She walked up to them, testing out her vocal chords with a simple, "hey."

"Buffy!" they all shouted at the same time.

"Are you okay?" Willow added. Everyone rushed up to her and surrounded her.

"Yeah, I'm getting there." Buffy said, trying not to move her neck to sharply. Whatever Riley had done when he bit her hurt. She hadn’t experienced this much pain from previous bites for some unknown reason. The only thing that she could think of was when Angel bit her, she loved him and allowed it. She even forced him to drink from her. The Master didn't take much blood from her, it was mostly the drowning part that killed her. Then, when Dracula bit her, Buffy was under his thrall. She didn't feel much of anything from him except the power that he had. Maybe since she could feel was Riley was doing to her and it was against her will, that she was feeling pain even days after it had happened.

"What happened?" Tara asked.

"Uh, Spike brought me here," Buffy said, her mind still fuzzy. "Did he have to leave? I guess so because of sun light, right?" She remembered something very similar to this happening when Angel had brought her in. she thought.

"You've lucky we didn't stake him right then and there," Xander said.

"Why? What did he do?" Buffy asked, confused. What had happened after she lost consciousness?

"He...he did *this*! All of this to you! Then he made up some lame-ass story about how Riley had come back to town and bit-"

"But he did, Xander...Riley did come back." Buffy said. "If it hadn't been for Spike, I probably would have been killed or turned...Xander, he saved me."

Xander lowered his eyes in shame. Xander wondered. Everyone lowered their eyes, regretting what they had and had not said to the vampire that had worked his way into their circle of friendship. Anya regretted trying to jump into the conversation to support Spike. Tara wished that she could have summoned up the courage to speak out against Xander's words. Dawn scolded herself for being so unfair to Spike, the person who had protected her all summer long. How could she have acted that way to him when no one else was supporting him?

 
"Where did he go?" Buffy asked.

"We, uh, we don't know, Buffy," Willow explained. "He just kind of walked off."

"Well, I need to find him," Buffy said, starting to walk away from her friends. Her legs felt like jelly and she instantly started collapsing to the ground. Dawn ran up and grabbed onto her, holding onto Buffy.

"Whoa, watch out, Buffy," Dawn said, steadying her sister.

"Thanks, Dawnie." she sighed and shook her hair out of her face. "Okay, maybe I should get home first and get some sleep...two or three days worth of sleep." she said.

"Don't worry, Spike still probably be sneaking into your bedroom tonight or something," Dawn said. "You know how he is."

"Yeah, I do," Buffy replied. "I'll go home and rest up some and then head out to find him. He must be feeling awful right about now."

Willow and Tara came up to Buffy's side and held her steady in between the two of them. Willow eyed Xander warily, angry that, once again, he had gotten in the way, saying things that shouldn't have been said and turning his friends against someone else. "Come on, Buffy, let's get you home," Willow said.

"Is there...can I help you guys with anything?" Xander asked, stepping forward.

"Xander, just leave it alone." Willow said. "Look, we'll take Buffy home to let her get some rest...give her some time," Willow helped Buffy to walk out of the waiting room. The two went searching for a nurse so they could check Buffy out of the hospital. Buffy never liked hospitals and didn't want to spend anymore time here than was necessary. Dawn gave Xander a sad smile before following her sister.

 
"Well, I'd say that went well..." Anya started, "Big mouth," and she turned around and walked out of the room also. Xander shook his head, thinking, as he turned around and ran after his fiancée.

"Anya, wait up..." Xander called out after her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 8 by Rachel_SA
Part 8




Part 8
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, is there anything I can get you?" Dawn asked Buffy. Buffy lay sprawled out on her bed, relaxing and trying to regain her strength.

"No, I'm okay, Dawnie," Buffy said. "I just need to...heal up from this."

"Okay then, well...if anyone stops by-"

"I don't want to see them...unless it's Spike," Buffy replied. Later that day, she had sent Xander out to tell Spike that she was out of the hospital and wanted to see him. When Xander returned, he reported that Spike wasn't at his crypt and no one else knew where he was either.

"I think Xander feels really bad about what he said to Spike, though. He was kinda mean to him." Dawn said. She walked into Buffy's room and sat down at the edge of her bed. "I guess that's why he agreed to go find him for you."

"Well, you know Xander, he can sometimes think with his...well, he doesn't think with his brain," Buffy said. "That's how it's always been."

"You should have seen Spike, I've never seen him look so...freaked." Dawn said. "He was totally freaking out about you being in there. I think he kind of blames himself."

"Well, there's no reason he should," Buffy said, sitting up against her headboard and looking at Dawn. "He got me out in time."

"That must have been so weird, seeing Riley again but as a vampire." Dawn said.

"Well, I wasn't even conscious for most of it, but it was...well, to tell you the truth, I didn't even feel anything for him." Buffy said. She knew whom she wanted now, and Riley wasn't in the picture at all. "I just wanted him off of me."

"But Spike got to you in time, so everything is good," Dawn said, smiling and trying to get her sister to look at an optimistic side of everything.

"Yeah, unless he never shows his face again and then I can't ever tell him that," Buffy said, sighing at how stupid Spike could act sometimes.

"What's it like?" Dawn asked.

Buffy, who had closed her eyes, only made a noise that resembled a "hmm?"

"Getting bit by a vampire, what's that like?" Dawn asked.

"Draining," Buffy responded deadpan.

Dawn grinned. "Come on, Buffy, this makes it like four vampires now, what's it like?"

Buffy opened her eyes. "Okay, curious one, you are asking way too many questions about this for my enjoyment. It's not something you ever need to worry about and it's not something that I like to relive."

"Oh, sorry then," Dawn replied. She rose from the bed. "Are you sure you don't want anything from downstairs?"

"Yeah, Dawnie. I'm fine," Buffy replied.

"Okay then," Dawn said, starting to walk out of Buffy's room.

"Dawnie? Thanks for cheering me up some," Buffy replied, smiling over at her sister. Dawn just grinned and walked out of Buffy's room, closing the door behind her.

 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
"So, is there anything I can get you?" Dawn asked Buffy. Buffy lay sprawled out on her bed, relaxing and trying to regain her strength.

A couple more days passed and Buffy was almost back to 100% strength. Unlike pervious times when she felt a surge of energy flowing through her veins after being bit, RIley bite had drained her. Buffy had no clue why he affected her so differently than all the rest.

A scar had formed in the shape of Riley's teeth, and Buffy knew that, once again, this was a vampire scar that wasn't going to go away. she kept thinking. Riley's scar was on top of Angel and Dracula's scar, a place that vampires seemed to like. However, when a week went by and there was still no sign of Spike, Buffy was becoming frantic.

"What the hell is he thinking?" Buffy asked Dawn as she paced around her room. "I mean, it's been a week and he still hasn't dropped by. He hasn't even been stalking me in the shadows."

"Well, maybe he just wants to wait a little bit longer..." Dawn suggested.

"For what? I'm alive? I'm healthy and alive and kicking, there's no reason why he couldn't have come by like 5 days ago to see me." Buffy said. "I just wish I knew where he was."

"He's probably drunk in a bar somewhere," Dawn said. Knowing Spike, he was probably at some place like Willy's, getting totally trashed.

"Yes, I know that my boyfriend has some alcoholic issues, but I checked all of those places and no one has seen him in weeks," Buffy said. She hadn't been doing much to drain her of energy, but she had run through all of the bars in town to see if Spike had been visiting them.

"Well, he's probably following you around and you just can't even tell it," Dawn said. "He's gonna show up, he's...he's Spike, the guy that's totally in love with you?"

"What if he left?" Buffy blurted out her biggest worry.

"Oh puh-leeze, Buffy, The guy can't stand to not be within like 10 feet of you. He's so whipped!"

Buffy smiled over at Dawn and chuckled. "Yeah, he really is, isn't he?" She was beginning to love these talks with her younger sister. Now that Dawn was getting a little bit older, she could handle more mature conversations and Buffy loved to have someone else besides a best friend to talk to about her personal life. Dawn, in return, loved hearing everything about her older sister. "Maybe I should go out and try to find him?"

"You think you're up for it?" Dawn asked. "Like, do you have enough strength?"

"Yeah, maybe I'll do a quick sweep of the area around his crypt to see if he's there," Buffy said, grabbing some stakes and putting on a brown leather jacket to match her dark brown skirt and black top.

"Okay...so, should I expect you back tonight or not?" Dawn asked, grinning at Buffy slyly.

"Dawn, that is...well...that's none of your business!" Buffy said quickly. "Look, I'll probably be back home in a couple hours. I just need to talk to him about stuff. If I'm not back by then call someone like Xander or Tara to come over just to watch over you for the night, okay?"

"But Buffy, I can stay here by myself-"

"Just...make your older sister happy, okay?" Buffy asked. Dawn nodded and Buffy swept her fingers through her sister's hair. "I'll see you later, Dawnie," Buffy said before walking out of her room.

"I might as well go call Xander or Tara now," Dawn muttered to herself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
Chapter 9 by Rachel_SA
Returning 9/9



Returning 9/9
By *~Rachel*~

Disclaimer
: Disclaimer: Oh yes…they are ALL MINE! (Sarcastic) Haha. RIGHT. Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show.
Rating: This part is NC-17...somewhat. I want to say R/NC-17. But that's not the point! Woo hoo! My first NC-17 part ever- be gentle with the critism because I've never written anything like this before.

 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
 
Buffy left home and headed toward Spike's crypt. She was somewhat out of breath and her legs were tired. It was strange that it was taking her so long to recover from this one bite wound. However, she forced herself to walk the rest of the way.

When she reached the crypt, she pushed on the door with all her strength. Slowly, after a few more shoves against the door, it swung open with a loud creak and groan. She stepped inside, letting her eyes adjust to the light. "Spike?" she asked softly, taking a few steps into the room. She heard a crash of glass from downstairs and Buffy walked over to the steps before climbing down. She walked into the lower part of the crypt, stepping over broken beer bottles and trash.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Spike asked from her left. He was hiding in the shadows with a knife in his hand.

"Coming to see why the person who saved my life hasn't come by to say hello to me all week long? Or at least give me some flowers or a gift basket to celebrate my speedy recovery?" Buffy said, trying to keep the atmosphere light.

Spike chuckled, a cold, humorless laugh that seemed to echo off the walls. "Bloody hell, slayer. You think that I *saved* your life?" Spike asked.

 
"Well, yeah. Spike, if it hadn't been for you, I would have died."

"If it hadn't been for me, none of that would have ever happened," Spike tried to explain. "He came over to my place before visiting you, love, did you know that?" Buffy shook her head. "Yeah, he came over, beat the shit out of me, and then headed over to your place. If I could have stopped him there, taken him down instead of the other way around..." his voice died off and he stared at her. "God, I'm sorry I put you through all of that."

"It wasn't your fault." Buffy said. "I'm the Slayer, I'm suppose to know when a vampire is around me. Damn, 6 years of slayer training down the drain," she said, trying to get Spike to smile.

"Are you okay though, love?" Spike asked. He had stayed in his crypt all week, avoiding Buffy's usual patrolling spots and getting around through the tunnels instead of running through the streets.

"I'm better, now that I've seen you," Buffy said, smiling again. She thought. "So...what was your plan? Stay out of my sight forever?"

"Well...not forever, just long enough that you'd...forget about me?" Spike thought, lying to save her from the pain of knowing that he had seriously considered leaving town.

"Right, like I could forget about the vampire who I once called my mortal enemy, who got a chip installed into his head by the government, fell in love with me, and captured my heart?" Buffy asked, taking a step towards him. "Right, like I could forget...damn, what's his name again?" Spike finally broke down and cracked a smile. "I knew I could get you to smile eventually."

Spike walked up to her and ran his hand across her right cheek and then down to her neck, rubbing his fingers over the healed bite mark. "Lucky blokes...all those vampires got a taste of you," he whispered.

"And that just kills you, doesn't it?" Buffy asked. "All of my ex-boyfriends and two really, really, *really* old vampires also managed to suck me dry and yet...you haven't."

"Yeah, that's right, love, because of the chip," Spike said. He had dreams about what it would be like to make love to Buffy and then complete the act a little bite and a few drops of her blood flowing into his mouth. His definition of heaven.

"Well, what if I allowed it and...didn't let it hurt me?" Buffy asked, looking at him honestly in the eyes.

"What?" Spike asked. "What are you saying?"

"Spike...I want you..." She started to run her hands over his back and chest as she pulled him closer and rubbed up against him. Taking him totally by surprise she grabbed onto the sides of his face and pulled his face down to hers and kissed him. She shivered with delight and rubbed herself against him as Spike grabbed onto her arms, pushing her towards his body. Spike's tongue traced her lips and then demanded entry to her mouth, which Buffy willingly gave.

"God, I love you, Slayer..." Spike said. "You really feel up to this? Now?"

"Yes, I am," Buffy said in between meeting Spike's lips. Her hands ran over Spike's chest, moving down to rest on his hips, her index fingers looping through the belt loops on his black jeans. "Here... now..." she said.

"Good," Spike said, grinning before plundering her mouth with his once again. Still kissing her, Spike started backing the two of them up towards his queen-sized bed. Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck, following his motions as the two of them toppled onto the bed. "Slayer, you sure? Spike asked, pulling back from her. "No going back after this. If we make love, I won’t - can’t - go back." He searched her eyes for an answer.

"I don't want to go back, I want you," Buffy said honestly before pulling him to her again. Then their lips met and there were no more words. The two started pulling off articles of clothing as they kissed. Buffy pressed herself against his hard body, kissing him more deeply as she wrapped her arms around his neck once again. Buffy rolled onto her back as Spike stroked his fingers though her hair and the two continued kissing. Buffy shook with anticipation and excitement from the feelings that Spike inspired in her- feelings that she hadn't felt in many years and feelings that she never thought that she would ever feel again.

Buffy reached down and grabbed the ends of Spike's shirt. After a tender kiss, Buffy started pulling his shirt up over his body. Spike helped her pull it off, and he threw it onto the floor. Buffy met eyes with him and quickly smiled at him before he kissed her again. Buffy felt her smile grow larger as he slid his hands under her top, gently caressing her back. Buffy thought before pulling him closer to her, feeling their bodies molding together. Spike fiddled with her top, trying to get it off. His hands traveled down the front, trying to unbutton the buttons.

"Oh, screw it," Spike muttered before grabbing a handful of Buffy's shirt and ripping it apart, the buttons flying everywhere.

"Oh great, that was an expensive shirt," Buffy said, looking up at him.

"I'll get you another one, love." Spike replied before kissing her again.

Before long, Buffy's shirt, followed by her skirt, was thrown onto the other side of the room. Spike's hands continued moving up and down her back, caressing her and pushing Buffy even deeper into his embrace. There were no more words spoken. Instead, There were only gasps and moans of pleasure as the two strove to get ever closer to the other.

Buffy moaned in pure ecstasy as he entered her, his great size stretching her to her limit. He tried to move gently, to give her time to adjust but Buffy pushed him forward and forced him to move. Her hands clutched at his back and she dug her nails into his skin. Her body clenched around him with all the Slayer strength that she could muster.

Spike grasped for the ragged edges of his control, trying to go gentle with Buffy for their first time together, and missed. Acting purely on instinct he pulled back, driving into her so hard that a normal human would have been broken. Buffy arched to meet his thrusts, matching his strength with her own. With her kisses, and whispers, and moans, she urged him to continue moving. She was so close to completely falling off the edge, and she turned her neck to the side, offering him access to her throat.

Spike gazed down at her bare neck, awed by what she was offering, what he was about to attempt. Before he could give a second thought, however, Buffy grabbed the back of his head and pulled him down to the hollow of her neck. She kissed his forehead and closed her eyes, a smile washing over her features.

Spike looked down at her neck, pressing a gentle kiss to her throat, running his tongue over her skin in an erotic way. He closed his eyes for a second, feeling his facial features shifting. He kissed her neck once more before biting down to break the skin, revealing Buffy's life that flowed beneath. His tongue and taste buds spiraled out of control from the power that Spike could feel in her blood, Buffy's life source. was Spike's last sane thought before he came to the point of loosing control.

As Buffy felt Spike's fangs enter her neck and start to drink from her, she climaxed, her whole body convulsing as wave after wave of pleasure washed over her. When Spike stopped drinking and rolled over and off of her body, Buffy was happily spent and overjoyed. Spike gathered her up into his arms as the two kissed once more, Buffy tasting her own sweat and blood.

The two lay on their sides, Spike's arms wrapped tightly around Buffy's stomach, where Spike would occasionally kiss the mark on Buffy's neck. He had covered Riley's and Angel's mark entirely, claiming her as his. And unlike any of the other men in her life who were stupid enough to give her up, Spike would never leave or let go of her. No, he was much too smart to do something so foolish.

 
"So, no pain to your head, right?" She sighed in contentment when she felt Spike run his hands up and down her back gently. He hadn't complained about the chip, but she had to make sure. It was pretty nice... Buffy thought.

"No, things are okay up here," Spike said.

"As okay as they can get I guess," Buffy joked. His response was to tickle her bare stomach with his hands, setting her off in squeals of laughter. She rolled over onto her back and he braced himself up with his arms to face her. He lowered his head and kissed her, his lips trailing off from her lips to the side of her neck where he kissed her drying scar.

 
"Mm, you just can't get enough of that, can you?" Buffy asked. "The Big Bad finally got a taste of the Slayer."

 
"And, what? Are you complaining?" Spike asked, knowing very well that she had enjoyed it also.

"I loved it..." Buffy said, looking up into his blue eyes. "I love you...Spike, I love you."

"Wh-what?" Spike asked, his eyes bulging. He lost the strength in his arms and fell on top of Buffy. "You what?"

 
"You heard me, blondie, I love you." Buffy said. She raised her head and kissed him. "I was going to tell you the night that Riley came by, so I never got the chance, but I do...very much."

"Oh really..." Spike said, smiling down at her. He thought as he grinned. "And that compels me to ask...how much?" he asked, raising his scarred eyebrow.

Buffy pushed him closer to her, their bare bodies pressing up against each other. "Let me show you..."

And she spent the rest of the night doing just that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The end!