Living a Dream by nummytreats
Summary: Action-star, Buffy Summers and Theater-star, Spike Giles have been cast in a movie together. What happens when they find out who the other really is?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 16609 Read: 15409 Published: 01/30/2005 Updated: 01/08/2009

1. Commitment by nummytreats

2. Friends by nummytreats

3. Numbers by nummytreats

4. Lunch by nummytreats

5. Revelations by nummytreats

6. Leaving by nummytreats

7. Makin'...? by nummytreats

8. The Party by nummytreats

9. Aftermath by nummytreats

10. Road Trip by nummytreats

11. Home by nummytreats

Commitment by nummytreats
Author's Notes:
This is just an idea that came to me out of the blue. Please read and tell me what you think. I have afew ideas about where I'm going with it but if you have any suggestions feel free to tell me.
“Hello everyone. I’m Cynthia Maxwell, here to bring you the entertainment news. Today, the publicist for Buffy Summers has announced her commitment to the much anticipated movie, January Flowers. There had been rumors going around for the last couple of weeks but nothing had been confirmed until today. Buffy Summers has made a name for herself for doing many action movies. She has become what I call the female James Bond, so we will be able to see her in a new light. No one has been named for the lead male role, but rumors are going around that popular stage star, Spike Giles, is being considered for it. This would be his motion picture debut and let me tell ya, if you haven’t seen him, he is gorgeous. Women would flock to see this movie just because of him. So, as you can tell, I hoping he will be cast. I am definitely looking forward to this movie.”

************************

Buffy sat across from the desk from her agent, Tara McClay.

“I’m so glad you got this opportunity. You’ve got such potential and I think this is just what you need.” Tara said excitedly.

“I know. I finally get to act in something that doesn’t require me to have a body double come in every 2 seconds. I mean, don’t get me wrong I love action, I was just getting so tired of it.” Buffy said.

“Buffy, as your friend and agent, I can tell you honestly that I think that you’ll do great.” Tara said. She got up and walked around the desk and gave Buffy a big hug. She pulled away and sat on the edge of the desk. “So, Willow wants to know if you want to come over to our house so we can celebrate?”

“That sounds great. So...have do you have any idea who is to play the male lead?” she asked casually.

“Oh, there are rumors going around but nothing positive yet.” Tara replied.

“Okay.” Buffy whispered. “So when do you want me to come by?”

************************

Spike walked into his agents office. He walked over to the secretary and gave her his most charming smile.

“Hello, luv. Can you tell her that Spike is here?” he said.

“Oh, Spikey, of course I will.” Harmony said leaning over and speaking into the intercom. She looked back up at him and started to pout. “You never called me back after our date.”

“I know. I’ve been busy. Look....” he started but the intercom buzzed and his agent called him in. “Later.” he said before walking into the office.

He walked through the door and closed it behind him. His agent was sitting at her desk with her head down. “Hey, Drucilla, how are ya, pet?” he asked sitting in the chair across from her.

“I’m so glad you could make it, Spike. Have you had time to read that script?” she asked him with a big smile knowing that he was going to accept the gig.

“Yeah, it’s pretty good. I think I’d like to do the movie.” he said.

“Good, because I’ve already called the studio and told them you would do it.”

“Dru, you know how much I hate you using your sight when it comes to my business.” he whined even though it wouldn’t do any good now.

“I only did it because they just announced the female lead and I knew that we would need to move fast.” she explained.

“Oh, well. Thank you then.” he said. “So..who am I going to play opposite of?” he asked leaning forward.

“You probably don’t know her since all you do is read books and scripts for plays.” she said.

“I haven’t been watching tv or gone to the movies since I started acting all the time, but at least tell me her name.”

She smiled and nodded. “Okay. Her name is Buffy and she’s been in quite a few action movies.” she said.

“Buffy? That’s definitely a stage name. What’s her real name?” he asked wanting to know all about the person he would spending a lot of time with.

“Just a minute, let me look.” she said walking around her desk and looking at the computer. “It says that her real name is Elizabeth Summers.”

“Oh, God.” he gasped

“What’s wrong?” she said looking at him curiously.

“I know her. She used to be my best friend.”

A/N: Please review. I want to know what you think. I'm begging you to review.
Friends by nummytreats
A/N: Thank you for the reviews. Please continue to review.

Summer 1993....

Elizabeth watched from her bedroom window as the moving men hauled furniture into the house next door. She had never really liked her next door neighbor and hoped that the next ones would be better.

“Elizabeth, could you come down here?” Elizabeth’s mother, Joyce yelled. She ran from her room and down the stairs quickly.

“Yeah, mom. Whatcha need?” she asked walking into the living room.

“Honey, I wanted you to meet our new next door neighbors.” Joyce said standing to introduce Elizabeth to the new comers. “Elizabeth this is Jenny and Rupert Giles.” Buffy shook their hands and was about to speak when her mother cleared her. “And this is their son, William.” Elizabeth turned to look at the person she hadn’t noticed when she walked into the room. Elizabeth walked over to William and shook his hand. “Elizabeth I thought that you could introduce him to some of your friends and show him around town.”

“That would be cool. You will like my crowd. They’re really laid back.” she said to William trying to get him to loosen up.

“That would be great. We just moved here so I don’t know anyone.” he finally said. He looked at her for a few more moments before he spoke again. “Are you going to be a sophomore at Sunnydale High?” he asked.

“Yeah, are you?” she asked excitedly. He nodded. “Cool. Hey do you want something to drink?” He hesitated before nodding. “Okay, come with me and we can let the old ones talk alone.” she said with a big smile.

“Elizabeth!” Joyce admonished.

“I’m kidding, mom. We’ll be in the kitchen when you guys are done.” Elizabeth said leading William into the kitchen.

“She is very welcoming. I hope they can become friends.” Rupert said watching the two teens leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizabeth led William into the kitchen. She walked to the refrigerator, opened it and started to look at what they had to drink. “What would you like to drink? I have water, soda, juice, Kool-aid.” she looked over her shoulder at him and saw that he was standing in the doorway where she had left him. “Why are you still standing there? You can sit on one of the stools.” she said nodding towards the chairs. He finally moved toward the center of the room and sat down. “So, what’ll you have?” she asked again.

“Um, soda.” he said. She nodded and took out a can for the both of them.

“Here ya go.” she said sitting down next to him. “So, where did you move here from?”

“We came here from London. My father got a job at the University here so we moved. I really didn’t want to.” he said.

“Well, I’ll help you make friends here and then you’ll wish that you didn’t come here sooner. Did you have a lot of friends in London?” she asked.

“No, but I had a few and now I don’t have any.” he said looking sad.

Elizabeth put a hand on a his shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. “That’s not true. You have already made one.” she said softly. He gave her a curious look. She gave him a big smile. “Me! And like I said before, my friends will definitely be your friends.”

“Thank you.” he said as he picked up his drink.

************************

“Buffy, I’m so happy for you. You finally get to show everyone just how talented you really are.” Willow said giving Buffy a big hug.

“Thanks, Will. I can’t wait to see who I’m co-starring with.” she said walking through the house that Tara and Willow owned.

“Oh, I think Tara found something out about that earlier. She’ll be able to tell you tonight.” she leading them into the living room.

“Where is Tara?” Buffy asked sitting on the couch.

“She went out to get the Chinese I ordered. So, how’s you’re family? I haven’t seen you’re mom in forever.” Willow said.


“She’s great. Her gallery is doing really good.” Buffy said.

“Great, I really miss your mom. I kinda miss Sunnydale all together.” Willow said. “So..how’s..”

“Willow , I’m back with the food.” Tara yelled coming through the back door.

“Come on, Buffy. Let’s go into kitchen.” Willow said standing and walking down the hall. Buffy followed her and found Tara unloading Chinese food from the boxes. “I got a lot thinking we could do a self serve kinda thing.”

“Come on, we can go in the dining room and keep talking.” Tara said.

They piled food up onto plates and went into the dining room. They sat there and talked about family.

“So..did you ever figure out who I’m going to co-star with? I thought that maybe we could get together to have lunch, that way I can see what I’m getting myself into.” Buffy rambled.

“Yeah, his agent called me earlier. He’s a stage actor so this will be his first movie. The guys name is Spike, but I believe his real name is William Giles. He’s supposed to be a really good actor and he’s really good looking. You’ll look great together on screen. I’ll call his agent and get her to schedule a time to get together or I can get her to give me his number, which ever you want.” Tara said looking excited until she saw the looks on Buffy and Willow’s faces.

Buffy finally spoke. “Thanks, Tara, but I’ll get the number myself.”

“Buffy, don’t be silly. I doubt that his number is listed in the phone book.” Tara said.

Buffy looked down at the table. “Trust me, I can get it.”

“Buffy, what’s wrong?” Tara asked concerned.

“I know his family." Buffy said softly.

"Oh" Tara said.

Buffy looked up from the table with tears in her eyes. "He used to be my best friend, too."

A/N: I hope you can tell when we come back to the present. It will always be stars seperating it. Please tell me what you think.
Numbers by nummytreats
A/N: Thanks for the reviews. Continue to tell me what you think. I'm trying to update fast.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Summers Gallery, how may I help you?” Joyce answered.

“Hello, Joyce. It’s Sp..William.”he said.

“William, how are you? I’m so happy to hear from you.” Joyce said.

“I’m great. I’ve been working a lot lately. I’m about to shoot a movie.”he said happily. He had always liked Joyce and could always speak openly with her. She had become a second mother to him.

“That’s great. I always new you would be a great actor someday.” Joyce said.

“Thanks. Actually the reason I was calling was to see if you would give me Elizabeth’s number.” he said gently.

“Of course. What makes you want to get in contact with her all the sudden?” she asked curiously.

“The movie I’m about to shoot, she’s going to be my co-star.” he answered.

“Oh, that’s great. Let me give you that number do you have a pen?”

“Yeah.” he said. She proceeded to give him Buffy’s home and cell phone numbers. “Thank you Joyce. You don’t know how much this means to me.”

“Oh, William, I wish you and Elizabeth would have never grown apart.”

“Me too, Joyce. Look I got to go. I’ll call more often. I’ve missed talking to you.”

“Thanks, William. Bye.” Joyce said hanging up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy walked through the campus of UCLA. She had always wondered what her life would be like if she would have gone to college instead of pursuing acting.

She finally found the Arts and Literature Building, and Rupert Giles’s office. She knocked on the door.

“Come in.” she heard from behind the door. Buffy opened the door and stood in the doorway, waiting for Giles to look at her. He still hadn’t looked at when he started to speak. “How may I help you?”

“You don’t recognize me.” she said. It wasn’t a question. “I know I haven’t seen you in a while and I have changed quite a bit, so I can understand.”

“Elizabeth?” he asked.

“Okay, maybe I was wrong. How did you know it was me?” she said finally coming into the room and closing the door.

“I would know that rambling anywhere.” he said getting up from behind his desk. He walked over to her and gave her a hug. “And you’re right, you have changed. I never imagined you to be a blonde.”

“Yeah well, when I got an agent I got a makeover, too.” she said making her way over to the chair sitting against the wall.

“Well you look great. Did you say agent?” he asked taking his place behind his desk.

“Yeah. I’m an actress now.” she said nonchalantly.

“Oh, Elizabeth that’s great. I’m sorry I don’t watch much tv and I don’t see movies. I really should get out more. William has been acting in the theater. He’s very good.” he said like a proud father.

“Yeah, so I’ve heard. Actually that’s the reason I’m here. We’re actually going to be in a movie together. I was wondering if you could give me his number. I was hoping that he would have lunch with me before we start filming.” she explained.

“Yeah. Let me write it down for you.” Giles said pulling out a pen and writing on a piece of paper. He handed over the slip of paper. “I also wrote my number on there. I don’t want you staying out of contact this long again, young lady.” he said with a smile.

“Don’t worry Giles. I won’t. I’ll be going now. I know you have other things to do.” she said getting up out of the chair and walking over to the door. “Thanks Giles. You always were the best.” She opened the door and walked out. She made her way back across campus and made her way back to her car.

“Aren’t you Buffy Summers?” she heard from behind her. She turned around and found a man, probably a college student, standing there.

“Um, yeah, I am.” she said hesitantly.

“Cool, can I have your autograph?” he said thrusting a notebook and pen at her. She nodded and signed the notebook. “Thanks. I can’t wait to tell my friends that I met you.” he said as he walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike sat at the desk in his small apartment. He sat there staring at the number and holding the phone. He had started to dial the number twice already, but had hung up before he had finished the number. He was nervous. More nervous than his first time on stage. He took a deep breath and started to dial the number for the third time. It took everything inside of him not to hang up once again when he heard the phone start to ring.

“Hello.” Buffy answered. Buffy waited for a few moments, but noone answered her. “Hello?” she asked again.

“Elizabeth?” Spike said. “Or should I call you Buffy.” he laughed trying to break the ice.

“William. How are you?” she said glad that she hadn’t had to make the first call.

“Good. I’m really good. You?” he said.

“Great. God, it’s so good to talk to you...um, Spike?” she said hesitantly.

“Yeah, it’s Spike now. And I know exactly what you mean. Six years is a long time. And a lot’s happened in those years.” he said solemnly.

“Yeah, it has. Do you want to go somewhere and have lunch?” she asked boldly.

“I was going to ask you the same thing. I would love to have lunch. When should we meet?”

“I have today free. At one. How does that sound?” she asked looking at her daily schedule.

“That sounds good to me. How ‘bout we meet at one of our houses then we can decide where to go from there.” he said.

“That’s a good idea, considering we’ve probably changed a lot since we last saw each other. How about we meet at my place.” she said.

“Sounds good, pet.” he said thanking whoever was watching over him that this was going to good. She gave him her address. “I’ll be there at 12:30.”

“Great, OH, I’ve got to go then, I need to get ready. Thanks for calling. I’ll see ya in a bit.” she said.

“Okay. See you then.” he said hanging up and let out a deep breath that he didn’t know he was holding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He knocked on the door of the apartment number she gave him. He heard the her unlock the door and release the chain. When she finally opened the door, they stared at each other. They had, indeed, changed in the last few years. Buffy had dyed her dark brown hair to a blond color that made her look like a true California girl. Her hair had grown to her middle back. Spike couldn’t believe that she had changed so much.

Buffy took in Spike very much the same way. Platinum blond hair replaced the chestnut brown curls he used to sport. The glasses that had hidden his blue eyes all through high school were now gone.

“You ready to go, pet.” he asked.

“Yeah” she said trying not to stare at him. She turned and shut the door. When she turned to face him she saw that he was staring at her. “What?” she said with a smile.

“You’ve changed so much.” he said.

“I can say the same thing about you. So where are we headed to?” she asked.

“How do you feel about Italian?”

A/N: Please review. I want to know what you think. Like it? Don't Like it?
Lunch by nummytreats
A/N: Anyone reading my other story, There's Always a Prophesy, I'm having writers block. As soon as I get a chapter written I'll post it. Thanks for all of your support.

Spike drove Buffy to his favorite Italian restaurant. From the outside it looked like a small hole in the wall. The inside of the restaurant was a different. Heavy curtains were hung on the windows allowing very little sunlight into the restaurant. Antique wooden tables were spaced out through the place, making sure that each had as much privacy as possible. Paintings of Italian landscapes, villas, vineyards, and eateries hung on the dark maroon walls. The place was dimly lit for a more intimate setting. The hostess sat them next to a wall at Spike’s request.

“This place is great. I would have never thought this was a restaurant from the outside. How did you find it?” she asked knowing that this would definitely become one of her favorite restaurants.

“I know the owner, Clem. He’s a real good chef.” he said.

“I’m glad I decided to come. I would’ve never known about this place if I hadn’t.” she said with smile that brightened the room.

“I love it here. Problems just seem to disappear when you walk in.” he said looking around. Just then the waiter walked up to their table.

“Welcome back, Spike.” he said to Spike before turning to Buffy. “Welcome to Buena Italiano. I’m Andrew. Can I get you two something to drink?” he said formally.

“Yeah. Could we get a bottle of your best Chardonnay? Oh, and tell Clem that I’m here.” he said kindly.

“Yes, sir. I’ll be right back.” he said with a slight grin in Spike’s direction.

“Why was he speaking so formally if he knows you?” Buffy whispered.

“Oh, he does that because he knows how much I hate it. Plus, he doesn’t know you, so he was trying to impress you.” he said.

“Oh.”

“I didn’t ask you before, you don’t mind that I ordered wine do you?” he asked.

“No, I think that it would help us loosen up.” she said nervously.

“I didn’t know if you drink or not. It’s been so long. We weren’t even legally allowed to drink when we last saw each other.” he said sadly.

“I know. What have you been doing since we last saw each other? How did you get your big break?” she asked enthusiastically.

“Well, you know that I went to study acting in England. I spent a few months there but decided that it wasn’t the best place for me. I made a decision to go to New York. Living there was probably one of the hardest thing I have ever done. Luckily, I had made contacts in London, that had gotten me an appointment with an agent. I met with the agent there and she gave me a script to read from. She saw my potential. She took me on and gave me a make over. I had surgery to get rid of my glasses, cut and dyed my hair, got a new wardrobe and she even had me start working out to change my body. She was proud of her project.” he laughed a little. “Anyway, she got me a few auditions. At first I played small supporting parts. Then I finally got a lead role.”

“Let me guess. I was a Shakespeare play.” she said.

“Yeah, Macbeth. How did you guess?” he asked.

“You were my best friend. I remember your obsession with Shakespeare. Are you still obsessed?” she asked with a smile.

“Yeah. I read him whenever I’m not doing a show. That’s why I didn’t know that you were acting. I don’t watch much TV and I don’t see movies lately either.” he looked at Buffy shyly. “Where is Andrew?” he asked.

“I’m here. I was looking for a good bottle of wine. Clem will be out in a minute?” he said pouring them some wine and walking away.

“What do you usually like to eat, pet?” Spike asked.

“Um, something with chicken. I love chicken.” she said.

“Hello, Spike.” a man said. Buffy turned to see an old man walking toward their table. The man was bald and had wrinkles covering his friendly looking face. When he reached their table, he gave Spike a big pat on the back. “And who is this beautiful lady?” he asked.

“Buffy. I’m a friend of Spike’s and we’re going to be working together pretty soon.” she said knowing that she could confide in the man.

“Well, that’s great. Any friend of Spike’s is a friend of mine. So what can I get for the two of you?” he asked.

“My usual. And Buffy said that she wants something with chicken.” Spike answered.

“Hmm.. How ‘bout some Chicken Piccatta? That’s really good.” Clem suggested.

“Yeah. That’s sounds good.” she said with a smile. Then she looked shyly at the table before looking at Spike.

“What do you have for dessert? Preferably chocolate.” Spike said to Clem, but keeping eye contact with Buffy.

“Tiramisu. It’s a classic.” Clem said.

“That’s great. We’ll take that.” Spike said.

“Great. I’ll get to cookin’ then.”Clem said then turned and walked back into the kitchen.

“How did you know that I was going to ask about dessert?” Buffy asked surprised.

“You remember that I love Shakespeare, I remember that you love chocolate.” he said with grin. “So, how did you get your big break?” Spike asked.

“Well, after you left for England, I stayed in LA for a little while. Then I moved back to Sunnydale after Riley left me. You do remember Riley right?” she asked.

“How could I forget?” Spike murmured.

************************
1997...

“Elizabeth, I’m back.” William said as he walked through the door. After their graduation, William and Elizabeth had decided to move to LA. Both were trying to get into ‘the business’, so they had both moved in together thinking it would be the best idea.

“William, I’m glad your back. I want you to meet Riley. He’s in my acting class. I asked him over to have dinner with us.” Elizabeth said. She was sitting next to a sandy blond boy. William instantly disliked the boy.

“Hi, I’m William.” he said shaking the boys hand. Both men stood there grasping each other’s hand as hard as possible. Buffy saw this and tried to break up the duel.

“Okay, what would you guys like for dinner?” she said grabbing both of the mens hands and yanking them apart.

“Whatever you would like, as always.” William said moving to sit in a chair.

“How about pizza?” Riley asked.

“I don’t care for pizza that much.” Buffy said. “How about Chinese?” she suggested. She received a nod from both of the men. “Great.” she said and went ahead and ordered the food. The rest of the night went as smoothly as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few months, Elizabeth and Riley had started to get more serious. William and Elizabeth didn’t hang out quite as much, because William couldn’t stand Riley. One night Elizabeth and William were having dinner alone.

“I think I want Riley to move in here.” she said suddenly.

“What?!” William exclaimed.

“I really like him and I want him to move in.” she said shyly.

“Elizabeth, are you sure? I mean you haven’t known him that long.” William asked.

“I like him. I think that we might have a future together.” she said quietly.

“Elizabeth, I can’t agree to that. If he moves in, I’m going to move out.” he said solemnly.

“What? No! I don’t want that. Don’t make me choose.” she cried. William looked at her for a few moments before he spoke.

“I won’t. Elizabeth, I’ve thought about going to London to study acting there. I think it would probably be best. We would both get what we wanted right now.” he finished not able to look at her.

“No, William. You’re my best friend. Please don’t leave me alone.” she begged.

“I’m not going to leave you alone. I’ll come back. I’ll keep writing you while I’m away. Plus, you’ll have more time with Riley.” he said taking her hand.
“If you think it’s best, then I guess that’s what we’ll do. I’ll miss you so much.” she said before she started to cry. William walked around the table and picked Elizabeth up out of her chair. She continued to sob as he carried her into her bedroom. He gently laid her on the bed and tucked her in. He began to leave when he heard her soft voice.

“Stay. Hold me tonight.” she managed to say through her tears. William couldn’t refuse her quiet request. He slowly moved back towards the bed and climbed in behind her. She rolled over and rested her head on his chest. “When will you leave?” she asked after her tears had slowed.

“A few of days. I have some things to get sorted out. I think it’s best that I leave pretty soon, so we don’t make things worse.” he explained. She nodded against his chest.

“I’ll miss you.” she whispered.

He kissed her on the top of her head. “I’ll miss you too, luv.”

A/N: Please review me. I want to know if you like it or not.
Revelations by nummytreats
A/N: Thanks to everyone who as read and reviewed this story. Please continue to do so.

2003...

“Anyway, I was living at home with mom. My dreams were dying, and I had gotten to the point that I thought I’d be stuck in an office somewhere. Then one day, mom was cooking soup and forgot one of the ingredients. She sent me to the store to get it. I was walking down one of the aisles, when someone called my name. Willow was standing at the end, coming toward me for a hug. We started talking and she asked me how everything was going with my career. I told her that I was having some problems.” Buffy explained.

“Hey, guys. Clem went ahead and set you up with some salads. Enjoy.” Andrew said setting down two side salads.

“Wow. Even the salad looks great.” she said looking at the colorful salad.

“Yeah, they are. He makes his own dressing. It’s the best.” he said digging in. Buffy took a bite of the salad and was in heaven. The flavors in the salad exploded in her mouth. Buffy suddenly remembered that she was telling a story.

“Oh, yeah. Where was I?” she asked.

“Um, I think you just met Willow.” he said.

“Okay, well she was telling me that she was only in town to visit her parents. She really lived in LA. She told me that she was dating, Tara, an talent agent in LA.” she said.

“Wait! Willow, little shy Willow, is gay?” he said in shock.
“Yeah, I know. I was shocked to. Anyway, she gave me her girlfriends number and told me to call her. She said that she knew that Tara would represent me. I was so happy. I didn’t call her for another week. I made an appointment to meet her. I drove to LA and went to her office. I was so nervous. Now she’s my friend. She let me read a few lines from a script and thought that I had real talent. I wasn’t able to work for a few months but she finally got me an audition. It was for an action movie. I got a supporting role, but it gave me experience. I got offers to more action movies after that. Then I got the script for January Flowers and knew that I was going to do it.” she said finishing her story.

“Wow, pet. Your meeting with Willow sounds like it was meant to be.” he said moving salad bowl to the side of the table.

“I know. I had prayed everyday for something to happen, then I was so shocked when it did. I think the powers that be made us meet there. I also think that they allowed us to both get the script so we could be friends again.” Buffy said shyly.

“That’s a good belief.” he said. They sat in silence until Andrew came out and delivered their food.

“Wow, this food looks great. What did you get?” she asked looking at his plate.

“Angel Hair pasta with Vodka sauce. Then he mixes in some shrimp and scallops. It’s really good, but it’s not on the menu. How’s the chicken?” he asked.

“It’s great. I’ll definitely be coming back here.” she said.

“So, how often do you go to Sunnydale?” he asked.

“Quite a bit. At least every weekend. Sometimes you just have to get away, ya know.” she said.

“Wow, it’s like your second home. I haven’t been back since...” he trailed off.

“Since Jenny died.” she finished for him.

“Yeah. How did you know?” he said not making eye contact.

“Mom told me. I was shooting a movie. I wanted to come but I didn’t find out in time. I visit her grave from time to time, and put fresh flowers on it.” she said.

“I’m happy that someone goes and visits her. I don’t have the time and I think that my da still mourns for her, that’s why he moved to LA as well.” he said.

“It helps me think. I go out there and talk to her about things that I can’t tell my mother. I’ve made some very hard decisions out there.” she said. He looked at her confused.

“What kind of decisions, if you don’t mind me asking?” he asked quietly.

Buffy was silent for a few minutes before answering. “Like whether or not to call Tara.” she said.

“Why would that be such a hard decision?”

“Because of why Riley left me.” she whispered.

“What reason did he give you for leaving?”

“He said that he had gotten a job in Miami. But I know the real reason.”

“And that would be?” he asked trying to get her to continue.

The looked at him with tears in her eyes. “I was pregnant.”

A/N: Review me please. I want to know how you think I'm doing.
Leaving by nummytreats
A/N: Please Review. This story will probably be ending soon. Tell me if you want me to make it longer.

1997....

Elizabeth sat in the OB/GYN’s office staring at the framed degrees. She had gone to Dr. Evans for her exam a week before and had received a call from the receptionist saying that they needed to see her for the results of her tests.

“Hello, Elizabeth. Glad you could come.” Dr. Evans said with a welcoming smile gracing her mature features. She moved to sit behind the desk and opened a file. “Well, your test result all look good. However, there is one test in particular that I need to tell you about.”

“But you just said everything looked good.” Elizabeth said with concern.

“Oh, don’t be worried. Everything does look good. Elizabeth, you’re pregnant.” Dr. Evans said.

“What? That can’t be right. My doctor in Sunnydale told me that I wouldn’t be able to have children.” Elizabeth said.

“Yes, your previous tests have shown that you have Polycyctic Ovary Syndrome. That makes it difficult, but not impossible to have children. You’re pregnant, Ms. Summers. You, of course, have options.” Dr. Evans said gently.

“Thanks, Dr. I appreciate everything. I’ll make an appointment for in a few weeks. That should give me enough time to figure out what I’m going to do.” Elizabeth said standing to move out the door.

“Elizabeth, I know that you don’t need anything extra to think about, but you do have PCOS. This may be the only chance you have to have children. Don’t forget that.” Dr. Evans said walking Elizabeth to the door and giving her a hug. “Call if you have any questions. Goodbye, Elizabeth.”

“Thank you again, Dr. Evans.” Elizabeth said as she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘I’m pregnant. I have a little girl or boy growing inside me. Am I too young? I’m nineteen years old. I want to be an actress. This isn’t a good move for my career. But I want children. What if this is my only chance.’ Elizabeth thought as she sat at home on the couch. ‘I wish William was here. He could help me, even listen to me ramble. I still have to tell Riley. What will he say? Would he be a good father?’

As if on cue, Riley walked into the apartment. “Hey, babe.” he said walking over to her and giving her a kiss on her head.

“Riley, I’ve asked you before to not call me ‘babe’. I hate that.” she said in exasperation. She hated when he used pet names, but when William had used them it never bothered her.

“Okay, whatever.” he said with a shrug. “So, what did you do today?”

“I had a doctors appointment remember.” she said rolling her eyes. Riley just shrugged. ‘How the hell am I supposed to tell him about the baby if he’s acting like a baby.’ Elizabeth thought.
“Riley, I need to tell you something.” she said.

“Okay, shoot.” he said flopping down on the couch.

“Riley, I went to see about my tests, today. Um, I pregnant.” she said.

Riley laughed. “Elizabeth you can’t be pregnant. That’s a really bad joke.”

“Riley, you egghead. I’m not joking. I AM pregnant.” she said in frustration.

Riley stopped laughing and looked at her. “You lied to me. You told me you couldn’t have kids. You framed me, you bitch.” he yelled.

Elizabeth looked at Riley in shock. ‘He’s the biggest asshole I’ve ever met. How didn’t I see this side of him before.’ she thought. Elizabeth lost her temper. “Look, you bastard. I didn’t think I could get pregnant but apparently I was wrong. It’s yours and mine. And for you to think that I framed you is bullshit.”

Riley and Elizabeth sat there in silence for a few minutes. “You have to get rid of it.” Riley said.

“What?!” Elizabeth asked in shock.

“We don’t need a kid right now, Elizabeth. You have to get rid of it.” Riley explained.

She stared at him. “No.” she said silently.

“What?”

“I can’t do it. I can’t get rid of it.” Elizabeth said finally knowing what she was going to do.

Riley didn’t even try to put up a fight. He simply nodded. “Okay. Look, I was going to tell you that I got a job in Miami. I’m going to take it.”

“What!!? I’m going to have your child and you are going across the country.” she said with tears in her eyes.

“I need this job to get my career going. Plus, I think you know that this relationship wasn’t going anywhere. We fight all the time.” Riley said still sitting on the couch.

“You were going to break up with me anyway. William was right about you. You’re the reason he left now your leaving me. Well go ahead and leave if you’re going to. Get the fuck out of my apartment.” Elizabeth yelled trying to hold back her tears.

Again Riley didn’t argue. He got up from the couch and walked to the door. “I’ll be back tomorrow to get my things. I’m sorry it had to end like this.” he said and walked out the door.

As soon as the door closed, Elizabeth broke down into tears.

************************

“Oh god, Buffy. Why didn’t you call me?” Spike said pulling her around the table and giving her a hug.

“You were half way across the world. I didn’t want to bother you. Plus, everything happened so fast I didn’t really think about telling you I was moving back to Sunnydale. That’s the reason I went back. I was getting little roles in movies when I became pregnant. That all ended when I moved to Sunnydale.” she rambled about her past.

“Pet I think you made a great decision. Does he or she live with you?” he asked gently hoping to get her mind off the past and on her child.

Buffy moved back to her side of the table but continued to hold Spike’s hand. “No, she lives with my mom. I don’t want her to have to have cameras trying to film her all the time. She’s only five. Maybe when she gets older.” Buffy said.

“So that’s why you go back to Sunnydale all the time?” he asked and she nodded. “Do you have a picture of her I can see?” Spike asked and squeezed her hand in reassurance.

Buffy nodded and started digging through her purse. She pulled out a picture of her and her little girl from the side pocket of her purse. She looked at it for a moment before handing it to Spike. Spike smiled at the candid shot. Someone had taken the picture at the perfect moment. Buffy and the little girl were at the beach. Both laughing in front of a sand castle.

“My mom loves to take pictures. This one’s my favorite so I carry it with me all the time.” Buffy said with smile.

“What’s her name?” Spike whispered captivated by both girls in the picture.

“Gwendolyn Jenny Summers, but we call her Jenny or Gwen. She’ll answer to both.” Buffy said.

“You gave her my mother’s name?” he asked in awe.

“I told you your mother helped me out a lot. I thought it would the best way to repay her.”

He stared at the picture. “Beautiful.” he whispered.

“She is isn’t she. I hate Riley for what he did, but I’m glad he passed on his blond genes.” she said.

“I wasn’t talking just about her.” he said looking into Buffy’s eyes. Buffy blushed and looked down at the table. “Does she know what her mommy does?” he asked reluctantly handing the picture back over.

“She knows I act, even though I won’t let her see any of my movies. Too violent for her, ya know.”

Buffy and Spike ate the rest of their meal in silence. Finally Andrew came out with their final course.

“Wow, this looks great. What did he call it again?” Buffy asked.

“Tiramisu. It’s lady finger cookies, soaked in espresso and Marsala Wine, then layered with Mascarpone cheese and chocolate ganache. It’s the best in town.” Spike said holding up a spoonful of the sweet dish for her to taste. Buffy leaned forward and took the bite that Spike offered her. The little moan that escaped her mouth made Spike want to grab her and kiss her.

“Wow, that’s great. I think this is my new favorite dessert.” Buffy said with smile.

“What else do you have to do today?” Spike blurted out.

“Actually, I don’t think I’m doing anything for the rest of the day. I thought about staying at home and relaxing. Why?” she asked.

“I thought that maybe we could hang out for the rest of the day, pet. Make up for lost time and all that rot.” he said with a smile.

“That would be great. Oh, I’ve got an idea. How ‘bout we go see Willow and Tara?” she said excitedly.

“Sounds good, luv. We can all have dinner tonight.” he said enjoying himself for the first time in a long time. “I say we head out of here and to your apartment. We can hang out there until we meet Willow and her girl. What do you say?” he said hoping she would agree. He wanted to spend as much time as possible with the girl he had left years ago.

“Couldn’t have planned it better myself.” Buffy said with smile. They finished the rest of their dessert and Spike paid.

Spike stood up. “I’m gonna go to the back and say bye to Clem. Wait for me. I’ll only be a minute, luv.” he said heading off into the kitchen.

Spike saw Clem sitting at the chef’s table eating his lunch. Spike sat down next to Clem and looked at him.

“I like her. She’s really beautiful.” Clem said before Spike could say anything.

“She’s a great girl. She’s changed so much.” Spike said.

“Changed? You knew her before?” Clem asked.

“Yeah, since we were fifteen. I can’t believe I actually thought I was over her.” Spike whispered.

“Huh?”Clem asked confused.

“She’s the only girl I’ve ever truly loved.” Spike said.

“Well then, you said your goodbyes to me. Now you best get back out there to your love.” Clem said.

Spike gave him a slight nod and a handshake. “Thanks man, for everything.” he said before heading out the doors and back into the dining room.

Buffy sat there with her purse in hand, looking around the dining room. Spike took a deep breath and walked toward her with a smile.

“You ready to go.” she asked with a small smile.

“Yeah.” he said as they headed for the door. Only one thought was going through his head.

‘I’ll never leave you again.’


A/N: Please Review. Pretty Please
Makin'...? by nummytreats
A/N: I'm trying to update sooner. Please give me feedback. I love it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spike opened the car door for Buffy allowing her to get in. Spike took a deep breath before jumping into the driver’s side.

“Spike?” Buffy said tentatively.

“Yeah, pet.” Spike said as he turned out of the parking lot.

“Do you mind... I mean... if it’s not too much trouble... can we make a pit stop at the grocery store?” Buffy asked.

“Of course, luv. Need to pick up something?” he asked.

“Yeah. I don’t have much at the apartment right now. I thought we could pick up some snacks or something. And I thought I might make something for Tara and Willow. They’ve done so much for me.” Buffy explained.

“No problem, pet. This one good.” he asked pointing to the grocery store they were approaching.

“Great.” she said.

Spike pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car, once again opening Buffy’s door for her. They walked into the grocery store and grabbed a hand held basket.

“Do you cook, Buffy? I don’t remember you being a great baker, luv.” he said as she picked up various items and looked at them before putting them back down.

“I took a cooking class not to long ago, so I can fix some basic things. But I can make some kick-ass cookies.” she laughed.

“Well then, why don’t you make them some cookies, pet?” Spike said picking up a package of chocolate chips.

“I guess. I was just thinking about something more special.” she said.

“I’m sure they’ll love anything you bring.” Spike said shaking the bag of chocolate trying to encourage her.

“Okie Dokie. Chocolate chip cookies it is. Now would you like some tea or something. All I have at home right now is water and juice.” she asked walking to the aisle with tea and coffee. “Definitely need some coffee and Earl Grey. You like Earl Grey don’t you?”

“Yeah, pet. I do. Anything else you wanted to get?” Spike asked.

“Kisses.” she said simply.

“Well if you insist.” Spike said leaning forward slightly. Buffy giggled and slapped him on his shoulder before leading him to the candy aisle.

Buffy and Spike picked up a few more items before proceeding to the checkout.

“Buffy Summers?” the young man at the checkout questioned.

“Um...yeah.” she said.

“Oh wow. I love you. Your movies are so cool. I can’t wait for the next one. When’s it coming out? Is it an action movie too?” the over excited clerk rambled while checking them out.

“Well... um...We haven’t started shooting yet, and no, it isn’t an action movie.” she tried to answer calmly, handing over the money for the items.

“Cool, I’ll still see it. I can’t wait. Who else is in it?” he asked giving her back her change.

“That would be me, mate.” Spike finally spoke up. The boy looked at him for a minute.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you in anything before.” he said.

“That’s because I’ve never been in a movie before. I have only acted on stage.” Spike said irritated by the boy.

“Oh, okay. Can I get your autographs?” he asked handing them a small piece of paper when they nodded.

“Wow, thanks.” he said handing them their bag in exchange for the autographs. The blond couple just nodded and left before the boy could say another word. They both jumped into the car and took a deep breath.

“I don’t think I’ll ever get used to that.” Buffy said setting her head against the headrest and closing her eyes.

“That’s happened before?” Spike asked starting the car up.

“Well, I’ve signed autographs at premieres and stuff but only once has anyone ever stopped me when I’m out on my own. It’s feels weird that someone knows my name but I don’t know theirs.” Buffy said.

“I’ve only signed two before. And they were after my first show in New York.” Spike said.

“Well after this movie you’ll be having all kinds of women wanting you. Have you been seeing anyone?” she tried to ask nonchalantly.

“No one serious. I’ve gone out with people and stuff but never a long term relationship.” Spike said stopping the car. They had made it back to her apartment. They both got out of the car. Spike took the grocery bag from Buffy while she found her keys.

“Come on in.” she said opening the door wide so they could both enter. Buffy led Spike into her kitchen. “Just sit that there. I’ll preheat the oven for the cookies. You get to be my lucky assistant today.” she said turning on the oven then pulling items out of the cabinets and bags that they would need.

“Just tell me what to do, luv.” Spike said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“God, Jenny doesn’t make that big of a mess when she cooks.” Buffy laughed as they walked into the living room.

“I usually don’t make that big of a mess. I was slightly distracted with all the tickling and hitting you were doing. I wouldn’t be surprised if those turned out as small disks of goo, pet.” he said flopping down on the couch.

“Don’t worry. I made sure everything went in right. They’ll be perfect.” Buffy said throwing him a towel she had grabbed from the hall closet. He wiped off all the flour and sugar that had gotten on his face and clothes. Buffy walked into her bedroom and put on a pair of jeans and a blue tank top. Buffy walked back into the living room and sat down next to Spike. “Whatcha wanna do now?”

‘Loaded question...loaded question.’ Spike thought.

“Um...well...we could watch a movie.” Spike suggested.

“Sounds good. Whatcha wanna watch?” Buffy asked walking over to her DVD collection.

“Well, I haven’t seen any of your movies. Do you have one that we could watch?” Spike asked.

“Um, yeah, sure. We can watch the last one that I made.” she said pulling it out and putting it in the DVD player.

“What’s it called?” Spike asked making himself comfortable.

“Double Standard.” Buffy said walking over and sitting next to him again.

“Sounds interesting.” Spike said. “Come here.” he said holding his arm out so she could snuggle into his side. She moved to his side as he wrapped his arm around her.

“Feels like old times, doesn’t it?” Buffy said as the movie started.

“Yeah, pet. It does.” he sighed.

Buffy got up a couple of times in the movie to finish the cookies. Spike watched the movie in awe. He knew that she was just playing a role but he couldn’t help but think of how beautiful she looked when she was fighting. Then another thought came to him. It wasn’t really her, it was just a stunt double.

Buffy came back into the living room after fixing the last batch of cookies. “I love that scene. It’s so cool. Took me forever to learn how to fight like that and not look uncomfortable.” Buffy said taking her previous spot.

“I thought you used stunt doubles, pet.” Spike said trying not to act surprised.

“We had them but I didn’t want to use her. I thought it would be cool to learn how to fight. Took a lot of hard work but I think I did pretty good.” she said.

“You did outstanding, luv. I guess I better watch what I say around you.” he said with a laugh.

“You betcha, buddy.” she said punching him on the arm.

“Ow!!” he whined playfully earning him another punch. “So, when are we due over at Reds? She does still have red hair right?” he asked.

“Yeah, she does. And she said we could come any time we’d like, as long as it’s after six.” she said.

“Well, it’s 5:30 now, so I guess we should leave sometime soon. Don’t forget about your cookies.” he said sitting up with her.

“Come in the kitchen, I boiled some water for some tea. We can have some before we leave.” Buffy said pulling him off the couch and dragging him into the kitchen. Buffy poured Spike some boiling water into a mug and placed a tea bag in it. She did the same for herself then walked over to the small dinner table that Spike had sat at.

“So, you know about my history with women, what about your history with men, luv?” Spike asked looking down into the mug that she had sat in front of him.

“Well, you know about Riley. That is my history with men. After Riley, I didn’t date anyone else. Who’d want to date a pregnant, wanna-be actress. After Jenny was born, I was focused on her or my career, not men.” she said pulling the tea bag out of the hot water and taking a sip.

Spike didn’t know whether to be extremely happy that she wasn’t with someone or sad that she hadn’t known love for the last few years.

“But now things are looking up. I have my best friend back and I’m doing a great movie with him. So you ready to go or you wait a little while longer.” she asked.

“Why don’t you go get the cookies together, then we can go. May I use your bathroom?” Spike said.

“No.” she said simply.

“What?” Spike said surprised.

“No, I want to see how long you can hold it.” he said without any emotion. Then she sighed. “Oh go if you have to. It’s at the end of the hall.” she said. She gave him a big smile.

Spike smiled back. “I’m going to get you back for that, luv.” he said before turning around and walking down the hall.

“You better believe it.” he said when he closed the bathroom door behind him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Please Review. Pretty Please
The Party by nummytreats
Author's Notes:
This chapter was very difficult for some reason. Please tell me what you think. Thanks.
As soon as Spike came out of the bathroom, Buffy grabbed her cookie and they made their way out of her apartment. They both decided to take her car and she’d drive. It didn’t take long to get to Willow and Tara’s house from the apartment. As soon as they pulled into the driveway, they both noticed the cars outside the house.

“Um, pet, are we goin’ to be interrupting something? And what the hell is Willow doing to live in a house like this?” Spike asked looking at the house.

“I’ll call her.” she said digging her phone out of her purse. When she finally found it, she continued... “Willow is a psychiatrist and Tara is, of course, an agent. Plus...” but she was interrupted by Willow answering the phone. “Willow, we’re outside. Are you guys having a party or something?”

“Yeah...we turned the dinner into a casual little party. We’ve invited some of the others from the cast to come. Sorry I didn’t have time to call you before. Just come on in. We had some food catered last minute. It’ll be great and you can meet the people you’ll be working with in a really casual place. Just park and come on in. Oh, and tell William...should I call him Spike? Anyway tell him that his agent’s here.”

“Okay, Wills, will do. We’ll be in there in a minute.” Buffy said before hanging up the phone and putting it back in her purse. “Apparently our casual dinner has now turned into a casual party. We’ll be meeting some of our co-workers.” Buffy said while pulling into an empty place and turning off the car. They both got out of the car and started toward the house. “She also told me to tell you that your agent is there.”

“Oh, great. You get to meet my ‘psycho’ agent.”

“What d’you mean?”

They stopped outside the front door to talk. “My agent, Dru, has a reputation in the business of being a little wacky. She’s into the occult and is a psychic, I guess you’d say. Sometimes she talks to the stars and says they talk back. She called the studio and told them that I was going to do the movie before I even agreed to it. She’s really great, but hard to talk to sometimes. You get used to it.”

“You’ll have to introduce me to her. Plus, I’m sure she getting along really great with Willow and Tara. They both teach classes in Witchcraft. That’s how they met, I think.” she said.

“Red just keeps getting more and more exciting.” he said as she was about to knock on the door. Before her hand made contact with the door, it flew open.

“Hey Buffy, Spike.” Willow said giving both a hug.

“Red it’s been to long. But you’re still as pretty as ever.” he said in a southern accent, stepping back and giving her a big smile.

“And you’re still a big charmer. Dru told us you were at the door. Come on in and meet everyone. You’re the last one’s here.” Willow said stepping aside to allow them both in.

“Well, I always did like to make an entrance. What made you want to turn this into a dinner party?” Buffy asked as she walked into the house followed by Spike.

“Don’t really know. Tara and I started talking about you coming over and then we talked about how you and Spike had decided to meet casually and thought it would be a good idea to get somemore of the cast together.” Willow rambled.

“Spike, my boy, I’m glad you finally came in. And you brought your light with you.”Dru said holding her hand out to Buffy. Buffy shook her hand tentatively.

“Buffy, my name’s Buffy Summers.” she said shyly.

“I know my child.” Dru said looking from Buffy to Spike and then back to Buffy. “I know Spike has told you about me. Everything he’s told you is the truth, but you are a skeptic when it comes to me having the sight anyway, aren’t you?”

Buffy simply nodded.

“Your child is a beauty like you. She has your light and flair. The one who’s name she bears watches over her from above, as well as you. Spike will come to love and care for her like all the others who know Jenny. Allow him in and you’ll not be disappointed.” Dru whispered in her ear. When Buffy pulled back she had tears in her eyes. Dru pulled Buffy into a hug before she continued. “I did not mean for you to cry, but to give you hope. Because Spike cares for you, so do I. If you ever need anything, call me.” she said pulling back and handing Buffy her business card.

“Thank you.” Buffy said in a state of shock.

“Well, I’m going to mingle now. It was nice meeting you.” Dru said before turning and walking away.

“Pet, you okay?” he asked lightly, putting his arm around her. “Did she scare you that much?”

“Um, actually, no. I think in her own way, she helped me a little.” she said turning to him and giving him a smile. He pulled her to him, giving her a kiss on her temple.

Willow looked her two old friends with a knowing look. ‘I wonder if she knows just how much he loves her. They always did make each other happy. And they make such a great looking couple.’ . “Well come on guys, let’s go meet everyone else.” she said to them walking past them to lead them into where the rest of the people were meeting. They walked into the dining room where people were both sitting around the table and standing, eating and talking to each other. “Everyone. I’d like to introduce Buffy Summers and Wi...Spike Giles.” Willow spoke loudly as she walked into the room.

“Hey Tara.” Buffy said pulling Spike behind her. “Tara, this is Spike Giles. Spike this is Tara, my agent and Willow’s girlfriend.” she said as Tara and Spike shook hands.

“You have a very beautiful home. Thanks for having me.” he said formally.

“Oh, you don’t have to be so formal with me. Buffy and Willow told me about you.” Tara said with a kind smile.

“All good I hope, pet.” he said looking at Buffy.

“I don’t think I could say anything bad about you.” Buffy said with a blush.

Tara smiled. “Follow me, I want to introduce you to the director of the movie.” Spike and Buffy followed Tara over to where two men stood eating and talking quietly, while Dru and Willow went off and in the opposite direction. “Angel, I’d like to introduce you to Buffy and Spike. They’ll be playing Jasmine Ayers and James Blake in the film.” Tara explained as the two men shook hands with Buffy and Spike.

“M’ name’s Liam. Gonna have the pleasure of directin’ this movie. People call me Angel most of the time, unless I’m being evil at the time, then people call me Angelus. Call me whichever you prefer. I hope to get to know you better throughout the next couple o’ months.” the man said with a slight Irish lilt. Spike and Buffy smiled and looked at the other man expectantly waiting for him to talk.

The man looked at Buffy and Spike in return, slightly confused, before realizing he had yet to introduce himself. “Name’s Lindsey MacDonald. I’ll be playing Jasmine’s boyfriend, Kevin. I must say I’m looking forward to our scenes.” he said looking Buffy up and down before switching his attention to Spike. “Is this your first movie?” Spike gave him a slight nod. “Dude, do I feel sorry for you. I’ve seen so many actors do shitty jobs because they let their nerves get to them. I hope your not one of those kind of actors. I hate having to have to play opposite them.”

“Yeah, well, this may be my first movie, but I’ve been acting for a while on stage, mate. A lot more pressure performing in a sold out Broadway play. Only have one chance to not screw up.” Spike said trying to keep his cool in front of the cocky man.

“Oh, well, that’s quite an accomplishment. But, still I must say there’s nothing like seeing yourself on the big screen.” Lindsey replied.

Spike nodded in understanding. “I can’t say that I agree with you there because I’ve never had the chance to experience it. Have you ever performed on the stage?”

“Not like you have but I did do a play in a community theater when I first started out.” he responded.

“Well then, you must know where I’m coming from. Nothing compares to the thrill you get when you get on that stage and don’t know whether you’re going to screw something up in front of thousands of people and never be able to go back to that time and fix it. Or to hear the applause after the show is finished and you come out for your final bow. But I still think I’ll enjoy doing this film and intend to make the most of the experience, even I do have to work with an arrogant asshole like you, mate.” Spike spat out before turning to Angel who had a smirk on his face.

“It was nice to meet you...Peaches?” he asked looking down at Angel’s plate.

Angel just shrugged. “It’s the only thing that I liked.” he said picking up one of his peach slices.

“Ladies, I’m gonna go see what Dru and Red are talking about.” he said quietly to Buffy and Tara.

“I’ll come with you. It was a pleasure to meet both of you. I look forward to working with you, too.” Buffy said politely. Spike simply nodded at the two men before walking away with Buffy.

Buffy stopped Spike halfway across the room and looked at him for a second, before pulling him through the door and into the hallway. She was hesitant to speak, not sure of what to think of his angry, but very passionate rant. “Spike, are you okay?”

“Sorry you had to see that, pet.” he said rubbing his neck as he continued to stare down at the floor.

“There’s no need to be sorry. He was being an jerk and you said exactly what you felt. I admire you for that.” she said, lifting his chin so that he was looking at her.

“Yeah, well, he’s lucky I’ve learned how to keep my temper in check. Look, why don’t we just get back in there and enjoy ourselves, pet.” he said as he placed a hand on her lower back and walking her into the room. They slowly walked into the room and over to where Dru and Willow stood.

“...because the stars told me to.” Dru finished her story, while the group around her looked a little confused. Dru turned around to Buffy and Spike. “I was just talking about the movie.” she said with a smile, before looking hard a Spike for a moment. “My Spike, did you keep your temper? You must not take offense to everything. He’s a git and you must keep that in mind.” she said low enough for only Spike and Buffy to hear, sounding more like a mother than an agent. Quickly she clapped her hands, getting everyone’s attention. “If everyone would grab a drink, I’d like to propose a toast. To January Flowers. May it be successful and bring all of you what you deserve.” she said holding up her glass.

“To January Flowers.” everyone in the room said in unison, before taking a swig of their drink.

“I’d also like to propose a toast.” Lindsey said loudly.

“Lindsey, don’t do anything stupid.” Angel said putting a hand on his arm to halt Lindsey’s toast.

“Nah, man. I want to do this. I’d like to say thanks to Willow and Tara for throwing this little party for all of us. I’d also like to wish Spike luck. He’ll be working with good actors and the great Angel here, I just hope you don’t fold under the pressure. Although it'd work out for me, bet I could get them to give me the lead. Buffy, if you’d ever like to go out sometime...”

“Lindsey, don’t finish that sentence. I’d never date you. And your toast, not going so great. Sounds like you don’t really know the meaning of a toast.” Buffy said.

“You little bitch, you think your so...” Lidnsey started.

“Spike, NO!!!!!”
__________________________________________________________________

Please Review!!
Aftermath by nummytreats
Author's Notes:
Okay...I know it's been forever since I updated. I'm on break from school so hopefully I can write on all of my stories. Please don't give up on me.
Fists flew. Punches made contact with skin.

Spike felt extreme pain on the side of his head before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Apparently Spike Giles has decided to bring his bad boy attitude to L.A. A story has surfaced that a cast party turned ugly when Giles attacked hottie Lindsey McDonald.’ Attacked my ass. He was asking for it. ‘No reports have been released as to the damage the two men have sustained. Speaking for all women, let’s hope nothing major happened to damage their good looks.’ God, can you believe this woman. Who cares about anything serious as long as your still pretty?”

Spike feigned sleep as he listened to Buffy read aloud and rant. He couldn’t help but smile. “I always knew you were into the superficial, luv.”

“Oh, Spike, your finally awake.” she said dropping the article and grabbing his hand.

“Finally? How long have been out of it? The last thing I remember is kicking Lindsey’s ass. And why the hell am I in the hospital?” Spike attempted to sit up in the uncomfortable hospital bed..

“Well, as you were so gallantly beating the crap out of that idiot, you managed to hit your head on the edge of a very sturdy table. You’ve been out of it for almost 18 hours.” Squeezing his hand, she stood abruptly. “Give me a minute, I need to tell the nurse that you’re awake.”

“Buffy, have you been here the entire time?” Spike whispered.

Buffy gave him a gentle smile before leaving the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ah, Mr. Giles. Good to see your awake.” Dr. Prabhu said, shining a bright light in Spike’s eyes. “Well, it seems you only received a bump on the head, some bruised ribs, and you reopened the scar on your eye. Your body seems to have already recovered from the shock of the fight. I wanna keep you for a few hours, just as a precaution. I’ll be back by to check on you before you leave. Now...I have some restrictions that I’d like you to follow for the next couple of weeks, so I need for you to listen carefully.” At Spike’s nod, she continued. “Relax, your body needs to heal. So now I leave you to do just that. See you in a few hours.” she finished and hurried out the door.

“Well that conversation was certainly one sided. She needs to lay off the caffeine.” Spike laughed.

“Actually, I think that’s just the way she is. You should have seen her when you first got here. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone get bandaged up that quickly. Anyways, what about your restrictions? What are you going to do for two weeks?” she asked, sitting down in the chair she’d occupied the night before.

“Pet, you don’t honestly think I’m gonna let this stop me from doing my job?”

“You really don’t have a choice. Tara called earlier and told me they were postponing filming until everyone is healed up?”

“Meaning me and that asshole.” Spike said with disgust.

“More him than you. Spike, your stitched eyebrow looks cool, could even work for your character. But Lindsey supposed to be playing the pretty boy. I don’t think that includes a black eye and broken nose.”

“Hey, I’m pretty” Spike gasped.

“No honey, your hot. That’s a completely different category.” Buffy patted his hand as if soothing a child.

“Really?”

“Well, you know...so, about those two weeks.” she said, sitting back in her chair.

“I don’t know, pet. Guess I’ll just hang about and follow docs orders.”

“Well...I was thinking about going down to Sunnydale. I haven’t spent two weeks straight with Jenny and my mom since Christmas. Sometimes I feel like the most neglectful mother in the world.” she choked out.

“Pet, Jenny loves you. She’s probably the sweetest little girl in the world, if she’s anything like you. There’s no reason why you would think that you’re neglectful.”

“Yeah, the feeling just hits me sometimes. I really want to go down there though. I was wondering if you would like to come with me? Relax, and visit my mom, meet Jenny.”

“Well, I’ve nothing better to do. Plus, it’d be nice to visit the old haunts.” he said staring off into space.

“Please, our old haunts were the back corner table at the bookstore and the dressing rooms of the theater.”

“The Bronze, we always had fun at The Bronze. Yeah, pet, I’ll go with ya. When ya plannin’ on leaving?”

“Soon, probably tomorrow. But if you wanna come later....”

“Nah, pet, road trip tomorrow sound grand. When Dr. Speed Demon gives me the okay, you can drop me off at my place...I’ll drive to your house...”

“Remember you left your car at my apartment.” she interrupted.

“Oh, right.” Spike sighed, trying to think of another plan. “Okay then. We go to your place, I get my car and drive...”

“No!! I don’t want you driving. The doctor wanted you to relax. Driving around in L.A. doesn’t fall into the relaxation category.”

“Then what’s your plan, Dr. Buffy.”

“Ooh, sarcasm, gotta love it. No really. The only solution is for me to drop you off at you place so you can grab the stuff you need and then you can stay at my place tonight.” She could tell by the look on his face that he was about to refuse. “Come on Spike, you know it’s the only way to do this.”

“I never have been able to say no to you, pet.”

“Great, now all we have to do is wait.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had taken a few hours longer than expected to get the release papers filled out. When the doctor and hospital finally gave the okay for him to leave, Buffy and Spike practically ran out the doors. Neither could stand being the hospital one minute longer. Buffy drove carefully as Spike gave directions to his apartment.

“Are you sure this is where you live?” Buffy asked. From the looks of it, she assumed she had taken a wrong turn somewhere.

“Nah, this is it. The Alley Lofts. This place used to be an old factory. Doesn’t look like the nicest place but there’s a lot of space and I have some very interesting neighbors.” He answered as the walked to his door.

As the door creaked open, Buffy felt as if she entered an entirely different world. Beautiful paintings and bookcases lined the brick walls. Contrasting that elegance were the brightly painted mannequins, posed in various positions.

“Give me a just a minute to get that bag, pet” his voiced echoed through the vast space.

“No problem. Spike, can I ask you a question?” she asked as her shoes made a dull sound on the concrete floor.

“Always”

“What’s up with the mannequins?” she tilted her head to look at the statue from a different angle.

“Those would be the works of the fabulous Anyanka, actress and artist extra ordinaire. She gave me those for helping her run lines for auditions.”

“Why mannequins? They are so creepy.”

“This used to be a mannequin factory. She rounded up all the ones she could get her hands on. She uses whatever material happens to be handy. It bloody well scared me when she first gave me one. They grow on you though.”

“I’ll take your word for that.” she said turning to see him carrying a suitcase. “That’s all your bringing?”

“I’m a man. We don’t travel quite as heavily as you lot do. Just the essentials.”

“Whatever you say.” she said following him as he headed for the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You know, after being in your loft, makes me feel like my little apartment is sort of plain.” Buffy said as they enter her apartment.

“You can always have one of my mannequins to spice the place up a bit.”

“I think I’ll pass, but thanks.” she said, going into the living room. “So, I have a sleeper chair that you can sleep on tonight. It’s really comfortable. You wanna help me pull that out?” She started to take the cushions off of the chair. Spike helped pull the bed out of the chair and readjust the cushions on the back. “I’m gonna go grab you some sheets. Why don’t you make yourself comfortable. Oh, maybe pick us out a movie.”

Spike watched as she walked out of the living room before quickly changing into a pair of loose sweat pants and a wife beater. Buffy was slightly startled to see Spike just sitting on the sofa.

“Here we are. Um, wanna help, the, um, quicker we get you a bed made, the quicker we can relax.”

“No problem, pet. Already picked us out a movie and everything. It’s one of yours, I hope you don’t mind. I think I may be one of your biggest fans and I’ve only seen one movie, pet”

“Your just being nice.”

“Nah, just honest. Watcha say we make us some bowls of cereal for dinner? Got any, pet?"

“Are you kidding me? With my schedule, I have to have something quick to eat. I got Corn Pops my personal favorite, Captain Crunch, or Corn Flakes.”

“I’ll have whatever your having, luv.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh my god, that was like the best part of the movie to shoot. I got to play my evil twin. So much fun.” Buffy laughed as they laid on the chair after the movie had finished.

“She’s very sexy, love the smirk, pet.”

“Well I learned it from someone a very long time ago.”

“Oi, it wasn’t that long ago.”

“Oh, you know what I mean...well it’s getting late, wanna get an early start tomorrow. Best get to bed.”

“Stay.” Spike said simply.

“I don’t...” it only took her a second to process the look on his face “okay.”

He nodded and smiled as she leaned over to switch off the lamp.

“Night, Spike, sleep tight don’t let the...” she was cut off when he gently pressed his lips to hers.

“Good night, Buffy.”

“Yeah.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Please review...tell me what you think...I'm really hoping my writing has improved with age.
Road Trip by nummytreats
Author's Notes:
Please review...tell me what you think.
Morning came far too quickly for Buffy. However, it made easier due to the fact that her head was pillowed against Spike’s shoulder. ‘Just like old times,’ she thought moving her hand against his chest. Boldly, she moved to push his shirt up. ‘Or not. Ooh, nice six pack.’ she thought as she traced the lines on his abdomen. She continued her perusal, gently tracing his hand, slowly traveling up the veins of his forearm, and finally settling on his bicep. ‘Why didn’t I see this before.’ “Pretty” she whispered.

“Thought you said I was hot.” he asked, his eyes still closed.

“GOD, Spike,” Buffy gasped, accidently digging her nails into his bicep. “Are you trying your best to give me a heart attack?”

“Bloody hell, pet, it wasn’t on purpose. Can you please take your claws out of my arm?” he asked gently prying her fingers off one by one.

“Oh...sorry.” she said instinctively leaning to kiss the fingernail marks.

“Buffy...” he whispered gently tucking her hair behind her ear as he watched her kiss his arm.

With her lips lingering on his arm, Buffy looked through her lashes to catch Spike’s eyes staring at her. Keeping her eyes locked with his, she lifted her head slightly before bringing her lips to his skin once again, a few inches higher. She journeyed upward to kiss his shoulder and his collarbone. Spike broke eye contact to lean his head back, allowing her access to his neck. Buffy could hear his gasp when her lips touched his neck. His breathing sped up as she worked her way up his neck and across his jaw.

“Spike...”she whispered in his ear.

Spike slowly lifted his head to look at her. Moments passed before a small smile formed on his face. Taking over, he brought his lips to hers. The kiss was as gentle as the ones she had placed upon his body. They took their time, taking turns to explore the others lips. Finally pulling back to breathe, Spike rested his forehead against hers.

“Good Morning.” she blushed.

“Very good morning, luv.” Spike purred, making her turn brighter shade of red. “Thanks for waking me.”

“Um...no problem.” she said moving to get off of the chair/bed. Spike pulled her back to him.

“You okay, pet?” Spike looked at her with concerned eyes. When she nodded, he continued. “You okay with what just happened?”

“More than okay.” she whispered.

“Good to know the feeling’s mutual.” he smiled. Buffy just giggled as she looked at him. “So, what now?”

“Now, I go make us breakfast while you go take a shower. Mom already knows I’m coming but I need to give her a call to let her know your coming.” she said, more to herself than to him. “Need to pack a few things, too.”

“Well, might as well get started. A good hot ‘(or cold)’ shower sound perfect, pet. Care to join me?”

“Um...I don’t” Buffy stumbled to find the right words.

“Just teasing, luv...look, why don’t you pack while I take a shower. We can make breakfast together.”

“Sounds like a deal.” she said slowly moving out of his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Spike closed the door to the bathroom, Buffy picked up the phone. After a few rings, the phone picked up.

“Hello??”

“Hey mom. Whatcha up to?” Buffy asked cheerfully.

“Oh, not too much. Fixing Jenny some breakfast. Cleaning a little before you get here.”

“Mom, you don’t have to clean for me. But I did have something to tell you. Um...William, aka Spike, has agreed to come with me. Think we could find a room for him?”

“Buffy, where there’s a will there’s a way. So...Spike agreed to come? That’s great. It’ll be good to see him again. I’ve missed him.”

“Me, too. I didn’t know how much I missed him. Wish we’d never lost contact with each other.” Buffy said sadly.

“It’s all in the past now, honey. So, I’m guessing you’ll be arriving a little later then.”

“Nah, as soon as Spike gets out of the shower and we eat breakfast, we’ll be ready to leave.”

“Ahh, I see.” Joyce replied in an understanding tone.

“What? What do you see?” Buffy asked innocently.

“Spike stayed there last night. Honey, are you two together?”

“No!!! I don’t think so...honestly, mom, I don’t know. I think I’d like us to be, but I’m scared.”

“Oh, Buffy don’t let anything from your past hold you back. Believe me, I know all about that.”

“I won’t, I’ve come too far to hold back now. Look, mom, I’ve gotta let you go now. Tell Jenny I’ll be there in no time. See ya in a few hours.”

“Alright, I’ll be waiting. Love you.”

“Love you, too, Mom.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Okay, so maybe pancakes weren’t the best thing to make.” Buffy laughed as they pulled into a diner on the way to Sunnydale. “I do have to say I was a little distracted.”

“Don’t know what your talking about.” he said looking away as they took a seat in a booth.

A waitress in her seventies approached them soon after. “Hey, hons. What’ll you be having today?”

“French Toast and a large Orange Juice.” Buffy ordered.

“Spanish Omelette, hashbrowns, and Coffee. Thanks, pet.” Spike said making the lady giggle.

“So...where were we? Oh, yeah, you distracting me this morning. I’m surprised I didn’t catch something on fire.” Buffy glared.

“Oh, come on, I was just having fun. A little tickling never hurt anyone, luv.”

“Spike...what’s going on between us?” Buffy whispered.

“Whatcha mean?”

“You know...the kiss last night, the, um, wake-up call this morning? Not to mention the flirting.” she blushed.

“Well, luv. I could say that it’s just two friends having fun, but I think we both know that would be a lie.” He looked at her for some kind of response. Buffy just gave a slight nod. “So, we can either ignore it or...”

“Or?” she looked up hopefully.

“Or we take a chance and see where this goes.”

“I think I like the second option.” she said leaning forward.

“Okay!! I’ve got a French Toast and Spanish Omelette.” the old waitress said loudly.

“Great, pet.” Spike said to the waitress, but continued to stare at Buffy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every breath you take


“Honestly, can’t we find some kinda middle ground, here. My ears are about to explode.” Spike whined as they drove down the freeway.

“It’s Sting...it’s a classic.” Buffy said, still humming along with the song

“He sounds like a crazed stalker repeating the same thing over and over again.”

“Oh please...you know we’re almost there. I think you can handle 5 more minutes of my music.” she said turning down the volume. “Plus I don’t even really know what’s on this CD. Wills makes them for me every once in a while. They usually have some kinda theme. I always keep them...you should hear the one she gave me when I did my first major role. Very upbeat...you’d probably vomit.” she smiled.

“So what’s the point of this one, pet.”

“Not real sure, she gave it to me when after I told her I was going to Sunnydale...ooh, I like this song.”

It was a monday, when my lover told me, "never pay the reaper with love only."
What could i say to you, except, "i love you."
And "i'd give my life for yours."

I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones, dear.

Remember the time we made love in the roses?
(and you took my picture in all sorts of poses!)
How could i ever get over you, when i'd give my life for yours.

I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones, dear.

My dear, It's time to say i thank god for you.
I thank god for you in each and every single way.
And, i know... i know.. i know.. i know...

It's time to let you know. time to let you know.
Time to let you know. time to sit here and say...

I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones, dear.
We are the lucky ones, dear...


Buffy looked down at their hands that had been drawn to each other sometime during the song. Smiling slightly, she squeezed his hand before looking up at him.

“We’re here.”



Songs: Every Breath You Take by The Police
Lucky by Bif Naked
Home by nummytreats
Spike looked longingly at the house next door as Buffy got out of the car. So many good memories were had in that house, in that yard, and in that drive way: his friends pulling up in a limo outside of his house as Buffy walked across the yard to meet him for prom; walking out the door the day of graduation and finding a motorcycle he’d always talked about restoring; the worried look on his mum’s face as he hopped onto the seat; running lines in his room with Buffy; his first kiss underneath the mistletoe, with her, the person who popped up in most of his memories.

Spike watched as Joyce opened the door to welcome them home. Buffy ran up the stairs and enveloped her mother in a tight hug, as if they hadn’t seen each other in years. Suddenly Buffy turned towards the care and motioned for Spike to join them. That seemed to snap him out of his thoughts. He took a deep breath before opening the car door and stepping out slowly.

“Spike come here and give me a hug.” Joyce yelled, holding her arms open. That seemed to encourage him, as his steps got bigger.

“Joyce it’s so good to see you. I’ve missed you so much.”

“Mama!!!” a small voice said from within the house. Moments later the producer of the melodic voice came barreling out of the door. “Mama, you’re home. Guess what?”

“What, sweetheart?” Buffy said, kneeling down to speak to the girl.

“I made you a present in class.” She stated proudly, giving Buffy a huge smile. She slowly pulled a piece of paper from behind her back. Buffy smiled as she looked at her child’s gift. Spike moved to get a look over her shoulder. A giant yellow star had been cut from construction paper and sprinkled with gold glitter. In the middle was circle with a hand drawn version of a movie camera. Underneath the circle in bold letters was ‘MAMA’. “I remember grandma taking me to see the stars of the sidewalk. Said you’ll have one someday. Now you do.”

“It’s beautiful, Jenny.” Buffy said, tears forming in her eyes. She took the girl in her arms and closed her eyes, relishing the feel of having her daughter close. She pulled back and Jenny’s hair out of her face.

“That’s a great gift, pet.” Spike said nervously.

“Thank you.” Jenny said proudly, then frowned slightly. “Who are you?”

“Honey, this is Spike. He’s a friend of mine. He used to live next door.” Buffy explained.

“Oh…” she said, still taking the man in. Finally, she walked over to Spike and stuck her hand out. “Hi, my name’s Gwendolyn Jenny Summers.”

Spike smiled and kneeled down like Buffy had done earlier. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, bit.”

“Grandma and mama told me I was named after the lady who lived next door.”

“That would be my mum.”

“She was very pretty. I have a picture of her in my room.” Spike looked up at Buffy, who gave a small nod. “I like your hair. What happened to your eye?”

“I was in a fight. A big bully pushed me and I bumped into a table.” Spike explained, rubbing his eyebrow gently.

“That happened to my friend Alex, but he just cut his lip. It looked like it hurt really bad but he didn’t cry at all. Bobby got sent to the office and his mama came and got him. She looked really angry.”

“Jenny, sweetie, why don’t you go inside and hang Mama’s star on the refrigerator.” Joyce told the girl. Jenny gave a wide smile, snatched the star away from Buffy and ran into the house. “Spike, could you grab the bags out of the car?”

“Not a problem.” He instantly ran down the front steps.

“He looks good. Never thought of him as the bad boy type.” Joyce said as they watched Spike.

“Oh, I think it’s always been there, somewhere. He’s grown so much. The best of both worlds. He’s gained a lot of confidence, but is still the William I loved.”

“Buffy, honey, you have got to tell him. It tore you up when he left, you can’t let that happen again.”

“Mom, we agreed that we’re more than friends, but we haven’t…to tell him that…I’m scared it’d push him away again.”

“Elizabeth Summers you leave me no choice.” Joyce said sternly.

“Mom, what are you…”

“Just sit those by the stairs, Spike. Always the gentleman.” Joyce said, making Spike blush. “I was just about to make us some lunch.” She said moving into the kitchen, Buffy and Spike following after her. “I forgot to tell you on the phone. Jenny has been invited to a slumber party tonight.”

“Oh, I thought we could all spend the night together watching movies and stuff.” Buffy said, disappointment evident in her voice.

“I know, sweetie. But she’s so excited to go and we can have a night in tomorrow. Tonight, you two are on your own. I have…well, I’m meeting a friend for dinner.” She finished quietly.

“Joyce has a date.” Spike sung.

“Mom?”

“What? I’m going out for dinner. Maybe you two should think of doing the same thing. There’s a lovely little restaurant that just opened on the beach. If you call now, they may still let you make a reservation. Plus, it’s not the place I’m going tonight. That would just be embarrassing.” She said walking to the drawer where she kept menus and cards for restaurants. She walked towards Spike and gave him a small business card. The wink and smirk she gave him startled him.

“How ‘bout it, pet? Would you like to have dinner with me tonight at…” he looked down at the card, “The Blue Moon.”

“Of course, Spike. I’d love to.” Buffy said shyly.

“That’s great. Now what would you like for lunch? I was thinking maybe salads and sandwiches.” Joyce said excitedly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spike had called the restaurant immediately, making a reservation for 8 o’clock. Spike and Buffy couldn’t relax for the day. Excitement and nervousness kept them from talking too much about their date later that night.

Sitting on the couch later that afternoon, Spike couldn’t take it any longer. ’Maybe being alone for a little while would help. Like a performance. Only it’s not a performance, it’s a date. Bloody Hell!!’. “Joyce, I’d like to take a shower before…” he stopped himself, glancing at Buffy.

“Oh, hon, you can use Jenny’s room for tonight. I put your bag up there already.”

“Mom, I doubt that Spike will feel comfortable getting ready in a 5-year-old little girl’s bedroom. No, Spike you can use my room, I’ll use Jenny’s room.”

“Thanks, pet. ‘preciate that. Wouldn’t feel very manly surrounded by “My Little Pony” posters.” Spike said making a move to the stairs.

“I’ll have you know that there are no ‘My little pony’ posters in there, only Barbie.” Buffy said following him up the stairs.

“My mistake.” Spike laughed.

After a few minutes later, Buffy walked back into the living room. “Jenny, honey, do you have everything you need for your sleepover?”

“Yeah, I just need to get my movie.” Jenny ran over to the video cabinet, grabbed her favorite dvd. “We each get to bring a movie. I said that I would bring ‘The Little Mermaid’.”

“That’s a great choice.” Buffy said, sticking the movie into a small, pink backpack. “Mom, are you sure you want to take her over? Spike and I could…”

“Yes I’m sure, plus you both take so long to get ready and I told Jenny she could go early.” Joyce leaned into Buffy slightly. “I don’t know when I’ll get home, so don’t wait up for me.”

“Mom!!!!”

“What? I’m only human.” she grabbed the small backpack.

“You’re leaving now?” At Joyce’s nod, Buffy picked Jenny up, giving her a kiss. “You be good, ‘kay. Call me if you need to come home.” Buffy moved to the open door. Joyce led Jenny out the door and down the steps. “Have a good time?” she yelled.

“I will.” They said in unison.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spike had been out of the shower and in her room getting ready for a while before Buffy jumped in for a quick shower. After pampering herself and blow drying her hair, she went into Jenny’s room to finish getting ready. She started to apply her makeup, when she heard heavy footsteps on the stairs followed by the opening of the front door.

Frantically, she opened the room’s door. “Spike!? Where are you going?” she yelled.

“Just going out to get some smokes, luv. Be back before you know it.” Then he was gone.

“Okay…” Buffy finished applying her makeup.

She looked at the dress that hung on the door, her special dress. The one she had bought for a very special guy. It was one of the first things she had bought when she moved to LA. She’d never gotten the chance to wear it before. It had hung in the back of her closet. Nothing special, just something that he would like; something that would take his breath away. She stood and walked slowly over to the dress. She ran a hand over the soft black fabric. She smiled as she gently took the dress off of the hanger and laid it on the bed. Removing her robe, she slid the dress on and looked at herself in a mirror. It still fit perfectly. A pair of 4-inch red heels completed her look. Now all she needed was her date. Buffy walked downstairs, found a small purse, and filled it with essentials for the evening.

“God, where is he?” She paced. Time seemed to be moving slowly as she kept glancing at the clock. After 15 minutes, she decided to try to call him. Nothing. She tried to keep busy by continuously checking herself in the mirror until finally she was sick of looking.

The ring of the doorbell had her running as fast as she could to the front door. “Spike, where…”

The sight of Spike standing in a suit, holding a small bouquet of white and lavender roses, made her stop.

“Hey, pet. You look gorgeous.” He ran his eyes over her appreciatively before meeting her eyes.

“Thanks, Spike. You look good, too.” She moved over so he could come in. “Did you, um, get your cigarettes?”

“I lied. I wanted this to be a proper date. Couldn’t rightly come and pick you up while I’m still in the house. I bought these for you, though.” he said handing her the flowers.

“They’re beautiful. Give me a sec, I’ll put them in some water.” She grabbed a vase off of a side table and returned a few moments later.

“You ready, luv?”

“Lead the way.”
End Notes:
please review...they make me happy.
Buffy's dress: http://www.bluefly.com/browse/zoom.jsp?productCode=301489801&&altimg=true&zoom=1altImage=0
Rose color meanings: http://www.proflowers.com/flowerguide/rosemeanings_dir_default.aspx
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=7994