Music of My Heart by TammyAsh666
Summary: Spike is in a band with Xander and Oz. Their lead singer suddenly quits and they need to find a replacement. That's where Buffy comes in. She's young and shy at first, but she slowly finds her way into Spike's heart.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: Yes Word count: 18281 Read: 27637 Published: 04/19/2005 Updated: 05/10/2005

1. Chapter 1 by TammyAsh666

2. Chapter 2 by TammyAsh666

3. Chapter 3 by TammyAsh666

4. Chapter 4 by TammyAsh666

5. Chapter 5 by TammyAsh666

6. Chapter 6 by TammyAsh666

7. Chapter 7 by TammyAsh666

8. Chapter 8 by TammyAsh666

9. Chapter 9 by TammyAsh666

10. Chapter 10 by TammyAsh666

11. Chapter 11 by TammyAsh666

12. Chapter 12 by TammyAsh666

13. Chapter 13 by TammyAsh666

14. Chapter 14 by TammyAsh666

15. Chapter 15 by TammyAsh666

16. Chapter 16 by TammyAsh666

17. Chapter 17 by TammyAsh666

Chapter 1 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
I just had this idea in my head and I decided to try and write it down. It’s yet another AU Fantasy story from me, I just love writing those. I find that they’re easier. None of the songs in this story belong to me, unfortunately. I’ll put what the song is at the end of the chapter. I sing, but I’m not so great when it comes to the writing of songs. Anyway, hope ya’ll like it. You know the drill; reviews are always of the good=)
Chapter 1

“Where is she? She was supposed to be here an hour ago.” An annoyed bleach blonde man said.

“Calm down, Spike. Faith is always late. You used to date her, so you should know what she’s like.” A dark haired man replied.

“I know, Xander. This is one of the reasons of why we broke up. She can never be on time for anything. We need to practice.” Spike stated and Xander agreed when they heard the front door open.

“Looks like she’s here now.” Their other friend, Oz said. He was short with orange hair. Spike looked at Faith when she walked in.

“It’s about bloody time. Where were you?” She rolled her eyes as she approached them.

“I was busy, not that it’s any of your business. I need to talk to you guys and you aren’t gonna like what I have to say.” They were all worried about that when Faith started to explain herself. They were then surprised when she finished.

“You’re quitting?” Spike asked and Faith nodded.

“Nothing against you guys or anything. You know I love the band, but I’m not sure singing is my thing anymore.” Spike crossed his arms over his chest and couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Why are you doing this now? You know we have a gig at the Bronze on Saturday.” Faith nodded.

“I know and I’m sorry. You have a week, I’m sure you can find another singer by then. I’m really sorry.” She said as she walked out of the apartment. Spike looked at the guys.

“So, what are we gonna do now?” He wondered.

“I guess we find another lead singer. Shouldn’t be too hard, right?” Xander replied and Spike ran his fingers through his hair. It would probably be a lot harder than he thought.


* * * * *


They put an ad out two days later and decided to have auditions at Spike’s apartment. They were surprised at the crowd of girls that showed up. The first girl walked in and smiled at the guys. She didn’t seem shy at all. “Oh my god! I am such a huge fan of you guys. I watch you play at the Bronze all the time. I gave up auditioning for American Idol to come here because you guys are way cuter.” She said with a huge smile and Spike smiled back at her. She seemed nice, but it was all about the talent.

“What’s your name, love?” He asked and her smile got bigger if that was even possible.

“Oh, right. My name’s Tiffany and I think I could be a great addition to your band.” Spike nodded.

“Show us what you got.” Tiffany nodded also and took a deep breath before she started to sing. She began singing “Wind Beneath My Wings” and the guys cringed. It wasn’t just the song; it was the way she sang it. She was out of key and her voice seemed to be going everywhere. They were all relieved when she stopped. She only smiled like she just gave the best performance ever. Spike tried to be nice as he smiled back.

“That was very interesting, pet. We have some more people to see and then we’ll let you know.” She nodded and gave them all one more smile before she walked out of the apartment. The next girls they saw were just as bad and they all figured it was hopeless when a Goth girl walked into the apartment. She reminded them a little of Faith with the black leather and long, dark hair. She didn’t smile when she stood in front of them. Xander gulped at the look on the girl’s face.

“So, um, what’s your name?” He asked and she looked at him.

“I don’t have one name. I change it almost every day. Right now you can call me, Bertha.” They nodded and she wasn’t finished. “I worship Satan and I don’t like men. Would that be a problem?” Xander gulped again.

“Next!” Spike yelled. An hour later and they still didn’t find who they were looking for. A cute, blonde girl then walked in and smiled at them. Spike sighed in relief when she seemed normal. “What’s your name?” He asked her.

“I’m Sarah; it’s really great to meet you guys. I love to sing and dance if that’s what you’re looking for.” Spike felt relieved until she spoke up again. “Oh, I also wanted to know if you do drug testing? If so I’m gonna need to know in advance, so I can be prepared.” She explained.

“We’ll call you.” Spike said and the smile dropped from the girl’s face.

“Don’t you wanna hear me sing first?” He shook his head.

“That’s really not necessary.” A little while later and they were out of girls, none of them being good enough. “Well, that was hopeless.” Spike stated as he sat on his couch.

“I don’t know, I like that last girl we saw.” Xander said and Spike rolled his eyes.

“You only liked her because she had a nice rack. You couldn’t take your eyes off of them.” He replied and Xander shrugged.

“I thought she was very talented.” Spike rolled his eyes again. They had three more days to find a new singer and it didn’t look good.
Chapter 2 by TammyAsh666
Yeah, I’m sure something like this has been done before. I like to think that I do things a bit differently though. Keep those reviews coming, starting to get to the good parts=)


Chapter 2

They packed up after another long practice. “You know, I think we still sound okay. We may not even need to find another singer. You could just do it, Spike.” Xander said.

“I don’t sing lead, whelp. I only do background vocals. We need to find another girl. I think I’m desperate enough to beg Faith to come back.” He thought about what he said and then shook his head. “Nope, I’ll never be that desperate.” Xander nodded as he grabbed his guitar case.

“I’ll see you guys later, I have to pick up the kid from school.” He told them as he left the apartment.


* * * * *


Xander drove to Sunnydale High School and parked his car. He got out and noticed that his sister wasn’t waiting for him. He rolled his eyes and figured she was inside talking with her friends. Xander sighed as he walked into the school to look for her. He was looking in a few classrooms as he walked when he stopped by the Music room. He could hear a piano coming from inside and he was about to walk away when a voice stopped him. Xander was stunned as he opened the door to the room to find a young girl playing the piano and singing a beautiful song that seemed a little sad. He walked closer to her and saw that her eyes were closed as she let the music take over her. He was mesmerized as he stared at her. She was very attractive with long, blonde hair. He decided to wait until she finished the song. He clapped when she was done which caused her to open her eyes and realize she wasn’t alone. She was startled as she stood up and backed away from him. “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you. You’re really good, I couldn’t resist listening.” The girl still looked scared when she spoke.

“Thank you, I don’t usually play in front of people.” Xander nodded in understanding.

“Yeah, that’s cool.” He was about to say something else when another girl walked into the classroom.

“Hey, there you are. What are you doing in here?” Xander looked to see his sister standing there.

“I was looking for you. You were supposed to be waiting for me outside, Dawn.” The girl shrugged.

“I was talking to someone.” She said simply as she turned her attention to the other girl in the room. “Hey, Buffy. Were you playing the piano again?” The girl that Xander now knew as Buffy nodded.

“Yes, I was.” Dawn smiled at her.

“This is my brother, Xander. Xander, this is Buffy. She’s a senior and I have her in my Music class. She has major talent.” Buffy blushed at Dawn’s comment and Xander smiled.

“Yeah, I noticed. It was nice to meet you, Buffy.” She nodded again and didn’t say anything else when Xander motioned Dawn out of the room. He remained silent as they got in his car and drove off. He knew the guys would love to hear about that girl.


* * * * *


Xander walked into Spike’s apartment later that night without even bothering to knock. It’s not like Spike ever locked the door anyway. He then really wished he did knock when he found Spike on the couch making out with his girlfriend. He pulled away from her when he noticed Xander there. “Does no one bloody knock?” He wondered and the girl looked disappointed at the interruption.

“What do you want? We were kinda in the middle of something here.” She said and Xander rolled his eyes.

“I needed to talk to Spike.” He stated.

“Well, you can come back later. We were about to have sex.” She said as she started to kiss Spike’s neck and he grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her away.

“You should go home, Harm. I have stuff to do.” She glared at him and stood up.

“You always choose that band over me.” She stated as she grabbed her purse and walked out of the apartment. Spike sighed as he turned to his friend. Xander tried not to smile.

“Seriously, Harmony? How do you go from Faith to Harmony? I still don’t understand it. I think even you can do better than that.” Spike glared at him.

“Did you want something?” Xander nodded and got back to the reason he was there.

“You are going to love me, man. I found the perfect girl for the band.” Spike raised his eyebrows.

“Really? Where did you find her?” Xander shrugged.

“That’s not important right now. What’s important is that she has an amazing voice and she can play the piano. I kinda heard her by accident; she’s also really hot which is always a plus.” Spike rolled his eyes.

“You know I would have to hear her. You could have just been looking at other things instead of noticing the actual talent.” Xander shook his head.

“Trust me, she’s very talented. I didn’t tell her about the band because she seemed a little skittish, but my sister knows her. So, maybe I can have Dawn talk to her for me.” Spike was getting confused now.

“How does your sister know her? Where did you find her, Harris?” Xander sighed and knew he would have to tell him.

“They go to school together, but she’s still really talented.” Spike gave a short laugh as he stood up.

“You have to be kidding me? She’s in high school?” Xander nodded.

“It’s not so bad, she’s only a senior. Come on, Spike. We were in high school not that long ago.” Spike rolled his eyes again.

“Yeah, about ten bloody years ago.” He said.

“Maybe you were, but I was only six years ago. So, it’s really not that bad. Just trust me on this, at least hear her if she decides to sing for us. I promise you won’t regret it.” Spike sighed and rubbed at his tired eyes.

“Alright, we really don’t have a choice right now. She better be bloody good though and not into that teeny bopper music.” Xander smiled.

“You will definitely be amazed.” Spike really hoped he was right, because at this point they were out of options.
Chapter 3 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 3

Buffy walked into the Bronze the next day feeling a little nervous when she saw Xander come over to her. They knew the manager, so they were allowed to be there when the place was closed to rehearse. “Hey, I’m really glad you could make it.” She gave him a smile.

“I wasn’t sure at first. I don’t usually do this.” Xander nodded and could tell that she was shy about singing in public.

“It’s okay, we don’t bite here. The guys are gonna love you. Come on, I’ll introduce you.” He said as he took her hand and led her over to a short man by the drums. “Hey, Oz. This is Buffy; she’s the girl I was telling you about. Buffy, this is Oz. He’s our drummer.” Oz smiled at her and he seemed friendly enough.

“It’s nice to meet you.” She said and he nodded.

“Likewise,” he was never a man of many words.

“Where’s Spike?” Xander asked and Oz shrugged.

“I think he was in the back.” Xander nodded as he led Buffy to the back of the club where they heard voices only to see Spike and Harmony arguing.

“I told you I can’t do this now. I have to rehearse, Harm.” The blonde crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a pout.

“Please, Spikey? You promised to spend the day with me.” Spike rolled his eyes.

“I never promised that. I have work to do. You either accept that or you don’t, I really don’t bloody care right now.” She scowled at him as she walked away, not even glancing at Xander. Xander shook his head.

“She’s always fun to be around.” He said sarcastically as he motioned Buffy over to Spike who seemed even more nervous. Spike had his back turned to them when they walked over. “Spike, this is Buffy. She’s the girl I was telling you about.” He said trying to get his friend’s attention and Spike laughed as he turned around.

“What kind of name is, Buffy?” He said when he noticed the girl for the first time and he lost his train of thought. Xander wasn’t kidding, she was definitely a looker. “Sorry about that, love. It’s a nice name.” Buffy nodded and avoided his gaze. Spike tilted his head to study her and could tell that she was shy. “So, let’s see how good you are.” He said and she nodded again as they walked back to the front of the club. Buffy noticed the piano. She felt so free when she played; she got completely lost in the music. She decided to do something different though as she looked at Spike and saw the guitar he was holding. She took a deep breath as she walked over to him.

“Can I borrow that?” She asked and he nodded as he handed her his guitar. She then grabbed a stool and sat down with the guitar. “I’m not that great and I get nervous when I have to sing in front of people, but I’m willing to try. I just hope you like it.” She said as she started to play the guitar and Spike was already amazed. She took another breath before she sang.


I couldn't tell you why she felt that way,
She felt it every day.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.


What's wrong, what's wrong now?
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.


Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.


Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.
She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind.
She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.
She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.
Yeah, oh


She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.


She's lost inside; lost inside...oh oh
She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah



Buffy finished the song and grew nervous again, not knowing if they liked it or not when she noticed the stunned faces around her. Xander with a smile on his. “See, I told you.” He said and Spike turned to look at him with a smile also.

“I love you, Harris.” He stated.

“I knew you would, she’s pretty great.” Buffy got off of the stool and walked over to them as she handed Spike back his guitar. He took it from her and could see the worried expression on her face.

“Was it okay? I could do another song.” Spike shook his head.

“You really don’t need to, pet. That was bloody amazing. We would love for you to be our new lead singer.” She gave him a shy smile.

“I just don’t want to let anyone down.” Spike was touched at how sweet and innocent this girl was.

“I don’t think you have to worry about that. Our first gig is on Saturday. You think you would be able to do that?” Buffy nodded and knew that it didn’t take her long to learn new songs. He smiled and was relieved that they finally found the girl they were looking for. “Welcome to the band, love.” He said as he held his hand out to her. She looked at it for a few seconds and then placed her hand in his. They both suddenly felt a spark when their hands touched and immediately pulled away. They looked into each other’s eyes, neither knowing what that was.


* * * * *


The song was “Nobody’s Home” by Avril Lavigne. Glad you guys like it=)
Chapter 4 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 4

Buffy was really nervous as she entered the Bronze on Saturday night and saw the huge crowd there. She really hoped she would be able to do this when she felt someone place their hands on her shoulders. “Just take deep breaths, love.” She turned around to see Spike there and he was smiling at her. “I was always a nervous wreck when I started performing. You just have to breathe and if it helps, you can always picture the audience in their knickers.” Buffy smiled at that and she was already starting to feel better. “We go on soon, okay?” Buffy nodded and Spike gave her another smile before he walked away and joined the guys on the stage. Buffy took deep breaths like he said and kept telling herself that she could do this. She really hoped she could. Buffy then joined the guys on the stage and she stood behind the microphone in front. The audience applauded and Spike grabbed his microphone. “We’re glad you all came out tonight. I would like to introduce you to our new lead singer, Buffy Summers. I want everyone to give her some love.” Buffy blushed a little as the audience burst into applause again. Spike gave a nod and the band started to play. Buffy grabbed the microphone and took a deep breath before she began to sing.


I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone


These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase


When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me


You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me


These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase


When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me


I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along


When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me



The audience applauded and cheered when Buffy was finished and she smiled as she let out a sigh of relief. Buffy caught Spike’s eye and he was smiling at her. She smiled back as she turned back to the audience. They did a few more songs for the night and Buffy was tired when it was over. The guys came over to her and she was shocked when Xander picked her up and swung her around. “You were incredible.” He said when he put her back down and she blushed a little.

“Thanks, I’m glad it worked out.” She replied.

“Yeah, that was definitely something.” Buffy turned at the new voice to see a dark haired girl walk over to her. “You were pretty impressive. I’m Faith by the way. I don’t suppose these losers told you about me.” Buffy shook her head when Spike moved next to her.

“Faith was our old lead singer. She decided to move on to better things.” He said as he glared at her and Faith rolled her eyes.

“Please, like you really miss having me around with blondie over here. She’s much better than I ever was.” She said as she looked at Buffy. “You were really good, I’m glad they found someone decent to replace me.” Buffy blushed again at the comment. “Just take care of my guys, okay?” She said and Buffy nodded. Faith gave her a smile before she walked away. Spike rubbed his hands together.

“So, who wants to celebrate?” He said and the guys were all for it.

“I can’t, I have to get home.” Spike looked at Buffy and forgot that she was in high school for a second there. She looked so grown up.

“Right, I’ll take you home. I’ll see you later.” He said to Xander and Oz as he walked out of the Bronze with Buffy.

“You really don’t have to take me home, Spike. I could walk, it’s not that far.” Spike shook his head as they got to his car.

“I wouldn’t be a gentleman if I let a lady walk home by herself.” He said as he opened the car door for her. She smiled as she got in. He closed the door and went over to his side. He got in also and started the car as he drove away.


* * * * *


They were pretty quiet on the way to Buffy’s house. She only spoke to tell him where to go when he finally pulled in front of her house. She was a little nervous and realized that she didn’t want him to go yet. “Would you like to come in?” Spike thought about it and nodded as they both got out of the car and walked up to her door. She got her key out and let them in, closing the door once they were inside. She noticed the living room was a mess when her mother came out of the kitchen to greet them.

“Hey, how was the performance?” She asked.

“It was good. Mom, this is Spike. He’s one of the guys in the band.” She smiled at the young man and he smiled back.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Summers.” He stated.

“Please, call me Joyce. Mrs. Summers makes me sound even older than I am.” Spike laughed, he liked this woman already. She was about to say something else when they heard a baby crying upstairs. “Oh, that’s my cue. Just make yourselves comfortable.” She said as she headed upstairs. They were both quiet after that when Joyce then came back downstairs a few minutes later with a baby in her arms. “He just woke up. It’s like he knew you were home.” Joyce said as she placed the baby in Buffy’s arms and she smiled and gave him a kiss on the forehead. Spike didn’t know what to think when Joyce spoke again. “Would you like some hot chocolate, Spike?” He nodded and smiled at her.

“Do you have any of those little marshmallows?” Joyce had to smile at him also.

“Of course, it wouldn’t be hot chocolate without them.” She said as she went into the kitchen. Spike looked at the baby in Buffy’s arms. He moved closer to her.

“Hey, little guy.” He said as he touched the baby’s hand and then looked back at Buffy. “Your brother is cute, Buffy.” Buffy’s smile faded as she looked at Spike. She took a deep breath before she spoke again.

“He’s not my brother, Spike. He’s my son.” Spike’s eyes grew big at that realization.


* * * * *


Ah, cliffhangers are so much fun. Well, probably not for the readers. The song was “My Immortal” by Evanescence, one of my favorite bands. If you guys haven’t noticed yet, I’m a major music freak. I listen to everything basically. I always wanted to write a story like this and I’m finally getting around to it. Hope ya’ll like what I have in store=)
Chapter 5 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 5

Spike still didn’t know what to say. After a few minutes, he finally found his voice. “You have a son?” Buffy nodded. “But you’re just a kid.” He closed his eyes at the stupidity of what he said. “I didn’t mean that, you’re obviously not a kid. I just mean that you’re still in high school. When did this happen?” Buffy sighed when she noticed her son start to doze off. She looked at Spike.

“He’s 10 months old.” Spike raised his eyebrows.

“How old are you anyway, pet?” He wondered.

“I turned 18 two months ago.” Spike sighed in relief and was glad that she was legal, but he quickly banished those thoughts. That wasn’t important right now.

“Is there a father around?” Spike felt bad for asking when he noticed the sad expression on her face. She just shook her head.

“No, it’s just me and my mom. That’s all I need right now.” Spike nodded in understanding. He didn’t want to push her into talking if she wasn’t ready. He could wait for that. Joyce then came back into the living room and handed Spike a cup of hot chocolate. He gave her a smile as he took the cup from her. Buffy looked at her mother. “Mom, could you take him back upstairs? I managed to get him to fall back asleep.” Joyce nodded as she took the baby from Buffy and headed back up the stairs.

“So, what’s his name?” Spike asked when Joyce was gone.

“His name is, Thomas. I named him after my grandfather.” Spike nodded. He still couldn’t believe that this young girl was a mother. “This doesn’t change anything, right? I would still be able to sing with the band. My mom can always manage to baby-sit for me and if not, I can always find someone around the neighborhood.” Spike smiled at her.

“It’s fine, love. We couldn’t find anyone else now anyway. Not that we would want to.” He told her and she felt relieved. They then sat in silence as Spike finished his hot chocolate. He stood up when he was done. “I should go now.” Buffy stood up also.

“I guess I’ll see you at the next rehearsal.” She said and Spike nodded as he walked to the front door. He looked at her one more time.

“Take care, Buffy.” He told her as he walked out of the house.


* * * * *


Buffy found herself at the Bronze the next night. She just wanted to have a night of fun and her mother talked her into it. She was also hoping that she would run into Spike. She wasn’t watching where she was going when she suddenly bumped into someone. She noticed it was a blonde girl and Buffy caused her to spill the drink she was holding. The girl glared at Buffy. “You bitch, watch where you’re going!” She spat and Buffy wasn’t sure what to say.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t see you.” The girl continued to glare at her.

“Obviously, I should so have you thrown out of here.” She stated when someone else showed up.

“Harm, what the hell is your problem?” Buffy sighed in relief when she saw Spike and it was then that she recognized the girl as the one Spike was talking to when they first met. Harmony turned to look at Spike.

“This klutz made me spill beer all over my new outfit.” She said as she pointed at Buffy and Spike rolled his eyes.

“Right, like you don’t already own all the outfits. Just leave her alone, it was an accident.” Harmony now glared at him.

“Don’t you even care?” Spike thought about it for a second.

“No, I really don’t.” Harmony was pissed as she looked at Buffy and then back at Spike.

“I can’t believe you’re siding with this loser over me. What happened to my blondie bear?” Buffy tried not to laugh at the name and Spike just looked embarrassed.

“How many times have I told you to never call me that? I think you should go.” Harmony looked shocked and then grew angry as she threw the rest of her drink in his face.

“This isn’t over.” She said as she walked away, shoving Buffy when she walked by her. Spike sighed as he wiped his face. He looked at Buffy.

“You okay?” He asked and she nodded.

“Yeah, sorry about that. I didn’t mean to cause problems between you two.” Spike shook his head.

“Believe me, the problems were already there.” Buffy decided to ask what she has been wondering.

“Is she your girlfriend?” Spike nodded.

“Unfortunately, I’ve been trying to break up with the bint for days now. It just hasn’t worked yet. She was a moment of weakness and possibly the biggest mistake I ever made. It was supposed to be a one night stand, but she kept following me around and wouldn’t leave me alone. So, I would go to her whenever I was desperate.” Spike stopped when he saw the look on her face. “I probably shouldn’t have told you all that.” Buffy shook her head and walked away from him and Spike knew that he probably blew it as he went after her. “Buffy, wait!” He said when they were outside. She stopped to look at him. “I know that makes me sound like a right ponce, but I’m really not. My last girlfriend screwed me up badly. I just needed someone to talk to and Harmony was there. I know that using her was wrong and I feel bad about it. That’s why I’m going to end things as soon as I can.” Buffy crossed her arms over her chest.

“It’s your life, Spike. Why should you care what I think?” Spike thought about it.

“Because I do and you looked hurt. I just don’t want you to think that I’m like that. I’m really a decent bloke once you get to know me. I did everything for my last girlfriend. I gave her whatever she wanted, took her anywhere she wanted to go. It just wasn’t enough for her.” Buffy’s look softened.

“What happened?” Spike sighed and decided that talking about it might make him feel better.

“I found her in bed with someone else. She didn’t even care that she hurt me. Not at first anyway.” Buffy couldn’t believe how heartless that woman was.

“I’m sorry, Spike. I know how much that sucks.” Spike nodded.

“I take it the same thing happened to you.” Buffy nodded also and decided to open up since he did. She couldn’t keep everything in forever.

“The first guy I ever dated. He was my first love actually or I thought he was. It turns out that I wasn’t enough for him either. I wouldn’t sleep with him, so he moved on to someone that would. He was seeing her for months and I never knew. What really sucked is the fact that she was my friend at the time. I really know how to pick them.” Spike now felt bad for her. This girl was amazing, he couldn’t believe that anyone would do that to her.

“Was he the father?” Buffy shook her head.

“No, that was someone else. He’s not really someone I like to talk about.” Spike nodded in understanding and again didn’t want to push her. She looked at him and he then noticed the tears in her eyes. “Could you take me home?” Spike nodded again and didn’t say anything else as they walked to his car.
Chapter 6 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 6

Spike walked into his apartment later that night to find Xander there. He figured Oz let him in since he was Spike’s roommate. “Harris, what are you doing here?” Xander smiled at him when he walked in.

“I saw you tonight.” Spike shrugged.

“And that means what to me?” Xander rolled his eyes.

“I saw you with Buffy after you told Harmony off. How you followed after her when she left. What was that about?” Spike shrugged again.

“Nothing, I just didn’t want her to think I was a jerk. You know, so she wouldn’t want to quit or anything.” Xander didn’t believe him.

“I think it was more than that. You like her, don’t you?” Spike rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, I like her. What of it? We all like her, remember?” Xander shook his head.

“You like her in a different way. Come on, Spike. I saw the way you were looking at her. I can’t blame you really, she is hot.” Spike glared at him.

“Would you stop saying that about her? She’s an actual person, there's more to her than that.” Xander was surprised at what his friend said.

“Oh yeah, you like her.” Spike decided to give up.

“God, yes.” He said as he sat on his couch and Xander sat down next to him. “I wasn’t planning on it, but there’s just something special about her. I’m not going to make a habit of dating our lead singers. As much as I like her, I know it probably wouldn’t work out. There’s more that you don’t know about and I’m 10 bloody years older than her.” Xander shrugged.

“As long as she’s legal, I don’t see the problem. Hey, if you don’t want her maybe I can ask her out.” Spike glared at him.

“You better not, the girl is off limits to you.” Xander smiled at him.

“You’re a bit possessive of a girl that you’re not even dating.” Spike sighed.

“I just don’t want to see her get hurt.” Xander felt offended.

“What makes you think I would do that? Look, I’m not the one you need to be worrying about. I’m not going to ask her out, but there are other guys out there that would love a chance with her.” Spike thought about what his friend said. He suddenly felt jealous at the thought of any man touching Buffy and he didn’t know why.


* * * * *


Buffy was walking the halls of Sunnydale High the next day, when she heard a voice behind her. “Hey, Buffy!” Buffy smiled when she saw Dawn run over to her.

“Hey, Dawn. What’s up?” Dawn smiled at her also.

“I heard that you joined my brother’s band. That’s so cool!” Buffy smiled again.

“Yeah, I decided to give it a try. I’m having lots of fun and the guys are great.” She explained.

“Yeah, being that close to Spike. You’re so lucky.” Dawn said with a dreamy look on her face.

“I take it you have a crush on him.” Buffy replied.

“Who doesn’t? He’s so gorgeous and he has the prettiest blue eyes. My friends all totally check him out when he picks me up from school. Yeah, I know. He’s way old, but a girl can dream.” Buffy laughed.

“Right, you probably shouldn’t call him old though.” Dawn nodded.

“I would never say that to his face. So, what do you think of him?” Dawn asked and Buffy smiled when she thought of Spike.

“He’s pretty great.” Dawn noticed the look on Buffy’s face and smiled also. It looked like she wasn’t the only one with a crush.
Chapter 7 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 7

Buffy was at Spike’s apartment about a week later. He would let her practice on the piano when she wanted because she didn’t have one at home. She was practicing a song for school and getting frustrated when she couldn’t get it right. Spike suddenly appeared behind her and started to rub her shoulders and she relaxed a little. “Maybe you should take a break, love. You’ve been at it for hours.” Buffy shook her head.

“I can’t, not until I get it right. My voice just isn’t working today and my playing sucks.” She said with a pout and Spike sat down next to her on the piano bench.

“You’re being too hard on yourself.” Buffy looked at him.

“I don’t have a choice, Spike. My music is all I have, I have to be great. I’m not good at anything else.” Spike didn’t believe that, but he didn’t say anything about it.

“Why don’t you let me play while you sing? Is this the song?” He said referring to the sheet music that she was looking at.

“Yeah, it’s not sounding right.” Spike looked at the song for a bit before looking back at her.

“Okay, let’s try it again.” She nodded and he started to play. Buffy closed her eyes as she listened to the music and then began to sing.

Notice me
Take my hand
Why are we
Strangers when
Our love is strong
Why carry on without me?


Everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you, baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, it's haunting me
I guess I need you, baby


I make believe
That you are here
It's the only way
I see clear
What have I done
You seem to move on easy


And everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you, baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, you're haunting me
I guess I need you, baby


I may have made it rain
Please forgive me
My weakness caused you pain
And this song is my sorry


At night I pray
That soon your face
Will fade away


And everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you, baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, you're haunting me
I guess I need you, baby



She finished singing and Spike stopped playing to notice tears in her eyes. She wiped them away when she caught him staring at her and gave him a small smile. “Was it okay?” Spike was at a loss for words for a second, until he nodded.

“That was great, pet. Very beautiful.” He was talking about more than just the song, but she didn’t need to know that. She just stood up.

“I guess it sounded better.” Spike nodded and stood up also.

“You should sing that at our next performance.” Buffy looked back at him.

“I don’t know. Don’t you think it’s kinda depressing?” She said and Spike smiled at her.

“Sweetheart, every song you’ve sang so far has been kinda depressing. That just makes them even more beautiful.” Buffy thought about it and nodded. Spike decided to ask her what he has been thinking. “Are these songs based on anything in particular? They just seem to be personal.” Buffy looked away from him.

“Just my life.” She said quietly and he heard her.

“You know I’m here, Buffy. If you ever need to talk.” Buffy looked back at him and gave him a smile.

“I know you are.” She said as she grabbed her purse, when the front door suddenly opened and Harmony walked in. She stopped with a start when she noticed Buffy there.

“What the hell is she doing here?” She asked as she looked at Spike who rolled his eyes.

“Does no one knock? She was only practicing, Harm. Get over it.” She glared at him and turned cold eyes on Buffy.

“I should get home anyway. Thanks for letting me practice here.” Buffy said and Spike nodded as he walked her to the door. She gave him one more smile. “Good luck.” She whispered before she walked out of the apartment. He closed the door when she was gone and rested his head on it for a few seconds, before he went back into the living room to face Harmony.


* * * * *


The song was “Everytime” by Britney Spears.
Chapter 8 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 8

Spike was greeted by a glaring Harmony, when he went back in the living room. She had her arms crossed over her chest. “Are you sleeping with her?” Spike rolled his eyes and decided that he had enough.

“I’m not sleeping with her, Harmony. Not yet anyway, but I plan on it.” He said with a smirk because he knew that would irritate her. She raised her eyebrows, obviously not expecting him to say that.

“You can’t sleep with both of us, Spike. What do you see in her anyway? She’s just a stupid kid.” Harmony said as she moved closer to Spike and ran her hands over his chest. She then moved to his ear. “What you need is a woman.” She whispered seductively and Spike grabbed her shoulders and pushed her away.

“Piss off, Harm. What we had was nice, but it’s over now.” Harmony wouldn’t take no for an answer as she moved to his ear again and nibbled on it.

“I know you don’t mean that, Spikey. I can make you feel so good.” Spike pushed her away again.

“Right now, you’re just making my skin crawl. Get out.” He said in a calm voice and Harmony didn’t look happy.

“I can’t believe you’re choosing that freak over me. We are so over, Spike.” She said as she walked to his door. She turned to look at him one more time. “Just so you know, I’m not taking you back when you decide to come crawling back to me. You had your chance. I’ll just have to find someone else that will appreciate me.” She said as she turned around and walked out of the apartment, slamming the door behind her. Spike sighed and sat on his couch. He ran his fingers through his hair. He was just grateful that he didn’t have to deal with the irritating bint anymore. Now he could focus more on Buffy. Just the thought of her brought a smile to his face.


* * * * *


Buffy walked into her house to find her mother holding a screaming baby. “Thank goodness you’re home.” She said when Buffy walked in. “I don’t know what’s wrong with him.” Buffy put her purse down and took the baby out of her mother’s arms. “I fed him and he’s been changed, but then he just started to cry for no reason.” Buffy nodded as she rocked her son back and forth. She looked back at her mother.

“Thanks, mom. I can handle it.” Joyce sighed in relief.

“I need a drink.” She said as she walked into the kitchen. Buffy sat on the couch and continued to rock the baby. She knew what might make him feel better and started to sing a lullaby that her mother used to sing to her when she was little. He started to calm down as Buffy continued to sing. Joyce went back into the living room and smiled at the display. She couldn’t believe how grown up her daughter was. Buffy finished the song and smiled at the baby, who was now smiling also. She gave him a kiss on the forehead.

“That’s all you wanted, wasn’t it? You just wanted mommy to sing to you.” He giggled and Buffy smiled again. He then let out a yawn. “Looks like someone is tired. Let’s get you upstairs.” She said as she walked upstairs and into her son’s room. She placed him gently in his crib and covered him up with his baby blanket. “There you go.” She said quietly as the baby started to doze off. She kissed him on the forehead again. “I love you, Tommy.” She whispered as she walked out of the room and back downstairs. “He finally fell asleep.” She said to her mother who was sitting on the couch.

“Come sit down, honey.” Buffy did as her mother said and sat next to her on the couch. Joyce noticed how tired she looked. “Is everything okay?” Buffy nodded. “You just seem exhausted. How are things at school?” Joyce asked with concern.

“Things are okay. Just waiting for graduation. It can’t come soon enough.” Buffy replied and Joyce agreed.

“How are things with the band?” That got a smile from Buffy.

“Things are good. I didn’t know I could have this much fun.” Joyce smiled also.

“I knew you would. You’re finally doing what you’ve always loved. You’ve wanted to sing ever since you were a little girl and this is your chance to do it professionally.” Buffy thought about what her mother said.

“Do you think I could ever get discovered?” Joyce nodded.

“I know you could, sweetie. You were given a gift and I know someone out there will see it.” She explained.

“What about Tommy? I’m already doing too much as it is. I feel so bad having you look after him all the time.” Joyce waved her hand in the air.

“Don’t you worry about that. He’s my grandson and I don’t mind watching him. You need to do something for yourself, Buffy. I also think you should start dating again.” Buffy rolled her eyes and figured her mother would say that.

“I told you I’m done with the whole dating thing. Nothing good ever comes out of it. Besides, who would be interested in a single mother that’s still in high school? They would probably think I’m a slut or something.” Joyce looked appalled.

“You will not talk about yourself like that. No one thinks that, Buffy. I know there is someone out there for you. You deserve happiness, sweetheart.” Joyce explained.

“I am happy. I’m probably as happy as I’m gonna get.” Buffy said and Joyce shook her head.

“You may think that, but I know you want a boyfriend to share everything with. You can’t hide anything from your mother.” Buffy sighed.

“You know me too well. I do want that, but I only seem to attract jerks. I just don’t think there’s anyone out there for me.” Joyce took Buffy’s hand and gave it a comforting squeeze.

“You’ll find someone; it’s only a matter of time.” She said and they both sat in silence after that, when Joyce then thought of something. “What about Spike?” Buffy raised her eyebrows.

“What about him?” Joyce rolled her eyes at how dense her daughter could be sometimes.

“Why don’t you go out with him? He seems like a nice young man.” Buffy gave a short laugh at that.

“Right, like he would ever be interested in me. You saw him, mom. A guy like that doesn’t go for a girl like me. He’s older and could have anyone he wanted. He wouldn’t want me. He already has a girlfriend anyway.” Joyce noticed the sad look on Buffy’s face and didn’t say anything else about it. She had faith that everything would turn out okay.
Chapter 9 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 9

Buffy walked to Spike’s apartment the next day because she left her music there that she needed for class. She knocked on the door, but no one answered. She remembered that Spike hardly ever locked the door, so she turned the knob and it opened. She walked into the apartment and really hoped that she wouldn’t interrupt anything. She saw the music still on the piano and went to grab it. She hoped that she would be able to leave without him even knowing she was there, but that didn’t happen when she heard a voice behind her. “No one really knows how to knock.” She turned around startled when she heard Spike and she was even more startled when she saw him standing there in nothing but a towel. Buffy was staring at him, when she suddenly felt embarrassed.

“I’m sorry, I knocked but no one answered.” Spike nodded and he noticed her blush. He figured she was a bit uncomfortable by the state he was in.

“Right, I’ll just go change. You can wait here.” He said as he walked to his room and she let out the breath that she didn’t even realize she was holding. How is it possible for a man to look that good? It just couldn’t be natural. He came back out a few seconds later all clothed and Buffy was relieved, but also a little disappointed. It was that thought that had her worried. “What can I help you with, pet?” He asked and Buffy tried to focus on why she was there in the first place.

“I only came to get my music. I left it here yesterday. So, I’ll just be going now.” She tried to walk away, when Spike suddenly grabbed her arm.

“You don’t have to go yet. We could talk.” Buffy knew that if she stayed any longer, she would end up doing something that she would regret.

“I really should go. It was nice to see you naked. I mean again. It was nice to see you again. Oh god, I have to go.” She stated embarrassed as she ran out of his apartment and he just smiled as he watched her go. She was too bloody cute. Oz then came out of his room and noticed Spike standing there.

“Hey, was that Buffy I heard?” Spike nodded.

“Yeah, came to get her music.” Oz nodded also.

“Do you know if she’s seeing anyone?” Spike raised his eyebrows at the question.

“Why do you ask?” Oz shrugged.

“I know a guy that noticed her at the Bronze. He wanted me to set something up.” Spike shook his head.

“I think she’s already seeing someone.” He explained and Oz shrugged again.

“Oh well, I’m gonna call Willow.” He said as he went back into his room to call his girlfriend. Spike sighed as he watched his friend walk away. Too many guys were starting to be interested in Buffy. He had to do something fast.


* * * * *


Buffy found herself back at Spike’s apartment after school. She was afraid to face him, but she needed to practice and didn’t feel like using the piano at school. She took a deep breath before she knocked. This time, Spike opened the door and she was grateful to see him in clothes. He smiled at her. “Hey, cutie. You here to practice?” Buffy nodded and blushed at the name. He moved out of the way to let her into the apartment, closing the door once she was inside. She moved over to the piano and looked at the song that was already there. She picked it up and looked at it closer. “That’s the new song I’m doing. I was just practicing on the guitar.” He said and Buffy put the song back down. “Would you like to hear it?” She nodded again and really couldn’t form any words at the moment. He grabbed his guitar and pulled a stool over to the piano. He sat down and she sat on the piano bench as he started to play the guitar. He took a deep breath and began to sing.


She comes home to me after a hard night's work
Falls in my arms and sleeps like a bird
Startle, wakes up, like she don't know me
Cocks back her fist like she's going to slug me
Like, who are you anyway
And what are you doing to me?


She's an angel
But she can't see it
She's got wings,
But she can't feel 'em
She's an angel
But she can't see it
But she's flying above me every day
Every day of my life


Bright diamond eyes with daggers beneath them
She carries the chains of a million decisions
That weren't even hers to begin with anyway
But she carries them all
All the people around her
Never even notice that she's very very tired


She's an angel
But she can't see it
She's got wings
But she can't feel 'em
She's an angel
But she can't see it
But she's flying above me every day
Every day of my life



He stopped to look at her reaction and she looked surprised. “Was it that bad?” She shook her head when he spoke.

“No, it was great. You have a really nice voice, Spike.” He smiled at her.

“I do what I can.” Buffy nodded and wondered if he wrote that song about anyone, but she didn’t ask him about it. “It’s not exactly finished yet. You can practice now. I’ll just watch and admire from afar.” He said and she smiled. She started to play and Spike stood up and went over to her after watching her for a few minutes. He sat down next to her on the bench and watched as she played. She was perfection. She stopped to look at him and noticed how close his face was to hers all of a sudden. Spike looked into her eyes and then moved his gaze down to her lips. He realized he couldn’t take it anymore as he moved closer to her. He cupped her chin and brought his lips to hers.


* * * * *


The song was “Angel” by Ghost of the Robot. Yes, again I'm evil for leaving it there. The next chapter is when the good stuff starts. I really hope you guys don't hate me for what I do in the next chapter though. We find out a little more about Buffy's past. Just know that everything will work out=)
Chapter 10 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
I'm really not in a good mood right now. So, lots of reviews would really make me feel better. I hope you guys like it.
Chapter 10

Buffy realized what was happening and pulled away from him. Spike wondered why she stopped and noticed the scared look on her face as she got up and moved away. “What are you doing? We can’t do that.” Spike got up also and walked closer to her.

“I don’t know, love. We seemed to be doing fine.” He said as he got in front of her and ran his hands down her arms. Buffy shivered at his touch and Spike moved to her ear as he started to lick and nibble at it. Buffy closed her eyes. How did he know that was a sensitive spot for her?

“You...You have a girlfriend.” She managed to get out and he continued to nibble on her ear as he spoke.

“Not anymore. We broke up.” He trailed his lips down her neck and started to use his tongue. She opened her eyes suddenly and pushed him away.

“Stop, I don’t want to do this.” Spike sighed.

“Come on, pet. I know you want me as much as I want you. We can’t fight this attraction anymore.” Buffy shook her head and he caressed her cheek. “It’ll be okay. Trust me, Buffy.” He whispered to her as he captured her lips with his again. She started to kiss him back with just as much passion, when his hand suddenly moved to the zipper on her pants. It was then that she panicked.

“No, stop!” She exclaimed as she moved away from him and fell to the floor. She buried her head in her hands and started to cry. “Please, not again! Don’t hurt me, please!” Spike was confused and didn’t even think she was talking to him anymore. He kneeled down, so he could be closer to her and held the sobbing girl to his chest.

“Shh, it’s okay. It’s just me, Buffy. I won’t hurt you.” She calmed down after a few minutes and then looked up at him with bloodshot eyes.

“Spike?” She asked like she was just seeing him.

“Yeah, it’s me. I’m sorry, love. I never meant to scare you. I didn’t think you would react like that. It was too fast.” Buffy shook her head.

“It’s not you.” She whispered and Spike decided to ask her what he was wondering.

“Did someone hurt you before?” Buffy wiped at her eyes and nodded. “What happened, Buffy? You can tell me.” Buffy looked into his eyes and realized that she could trust him. She took a deep breath before she spoke.

“He was my best friend. We did everything together. We...We went to this party one night. He got really drunk and tried to get me to drink, but I decided not to. He said he needed to talk to me and I followed him into one of the empty rooms upstairs. He then grabbed me hard and started to kiss me. I tried to push him away, but he was too strong. He threw me on the bed and got on top of me.” She shuddered when she relived the memory, but kept talking anyway. She had to get it off her chest. “He said that he always wanted me and that he couldn’t handle just being my friend anymore. He kissed me again and started to remove my clothes. I tried to fight him off, but that only made him angry and he hit me. I realized that I couldn’t stop him and I let him rape me. God, I was so scared. That was my first time and it hurt so much. He didn’t even care to be gentle. He was a completely different person that night and I don’t know what happened to make him act like that. He passed out when he was done and I ran away. When I saw him at school, he denied everything. He said he didn’t even remember what he did. He then transferred schools a few weeks later and I never saw him again. A month after that, I found out I was pregnant.” Buffy stopped her story to see the look on Spike’s face and he didn’t look happy.

“That bastard is the father?” Buffy nodded as more tears fell down her face.

“He never even knew. I decided to keep Thomas. I knew that I had to, that he was a part of me. Even if I had to deal with everything alone. I’m just so grateful that I have my mom. I would have been lost without her.” Spike nodded in understanding. He then felt tears of his own in his eyes as he relived one of his worst memories.

“I keep thinking of the child I could have had.” Buffy was confused and he explained his situation to her. “My girlfriend, Drusilla. The one I told you screwed me up badly. She was pregnant and chose to have an abortion without me knowing anything about it. She killed our child and didn’t even have the decency to let me know. I managed to forgive her for that because I loved her so much and I understood that she was scared. I was a fool when it came to her. When I found her cheating on me, that was it. I realized that she would never love me the way I loved her. So, I ended it. She begged me to take her back and for once, I didn’t. I told her to stay away from me. Something I never thought I could say to her.” Buffy grasped his hand in hers as tears came down both of their faces.

“I’m so sorry.” He gave her a weak smile.

I’m sorry, too. How about we make a pact?” Buffy nodded and waited for him to finish. “We forget about the past and live in the now. We start over. I really do care about you, Buffy. I never thought I could feel this way again. I want you to know that I would never hurt you. If you choose to be with me, you will know what it’s like to be loved every day of your life. That’s a promise.” Buffy gave him a small smile as more tears came down her face.

“I think I can handle that.” He smiled back and kissed her gently on the lips. He then moved his lips to her forehead.

“A fresh new start.” He told her and Buffy agreed as they both shook hands on it. She really did believe that things would be different from now on.
Chapter 11 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
I know things will probably seem kinda rushed from now on, but I'm even getting impatient for the Spuffy. I apologize ahead for the corniness of the chapter. I hope ya'll like it=)
Chapter 11

Spike dropped Buffy off at her house and got out of the car to walk with her to the front door. When they got there, he grabbed her and pressed his lips to hers and she kissed him back. They both broke away breathless. “Maybe we should save that for later.” She said and he nodded.

“Afraid that your mum will find out?” Buffy shook her head.

“I’m not really worried about that. I think she would be okay with this.” Spike was surprised, when Buffy opened the door and they both walked into the house. They entered the kitchen and Buffy stopped when she noticed the brunette standing there. She then had a huge smile on her face. “Oh my god!” She exclaimed as she went over to the man and enveloped him in a huge hug. He hugged her back, lifting her off the ground a little in the process.

“It’s good to see you, princess.” He said as he put her back down and she continued to smile at him. Spike felt a twinge of jealousy at the display, until Buffy spoke again.

“Uncle Lorne, it’s so good to see you. What are you doing here?” Spike sighed in relief when he realized the man was her uncle.

“I came to see my two favorite ladies, of course. My god, look at you. You’re just as pretty as a picture.” He said which caused her to blush.

“That she is.” Spike replied and Lorne finally noticed him standing there.

“Well, who might this strapping young man be?” He said and Buffy smiled.

“This is, Spike. He’s my...” She stopped when she couldn’t think of what to say, but Spike spoke up for her.

“I’m her boyfriend. It’s nice to meet you, mate.” He said as they shook hands and Lorne looked surprised.

“I didn’t realize you were seeing anyone.” He said to Buffy.

“It’s a pretty recent thing.” She replied and he nodded. Joyce then walked in with Thomas in her arms and smiled at everyone.

“I see my kitchen is full.” She said and Lorne smiled also.

“Let me hold the little guy.” He stated and Joyce handed Thomas over to her younger brother. “Hey there, fella. He’s gotten really big. This one is gonna have all the girls after him when he gets older. I can already see it.” Buffy laughed and knew that her son would grow up to be very handsome. Thomas then started to cry. “Hey, what’s wrong little man? I swear I didn’t do it.” Lorne said and Joyce sighed.

“Buffy, you better take him.” Buffy nodded and was about to take the baby from Lorne, when Spike stopped her.

“Can I try, love?” Buffy looked at him and nodded again as Lorne handed Thomas to Spike. Spike smiled at the baby and started to rock him as he made soothing sounds. They were all surprised when Thomas suddenly stopped crying. Spike looked at the faces around him. “I’ve always had a way with babies.” He said and they agreed. Buffy felt tears in her eyes when she saw Spike with her son. He seemed to be so good with him. Buffy now knew that this man was the one that she wanted. She knew that he would always be there for her. That thought made her smile. Spike saw the look on her face and smiled also as he continued to rock the baby to sleep.


* * * * *


Spike carried Thomas up to his room and placed him in his crib as Buffy watched from the doorway. “I think he likes you. He doesn’t let just anyone hold him.” She said and he turned to look at her.

“What can I say? Babies love me.” Buffy smiled and then grew serious.

“They’re not the only ones.” Spike wondered what she meant by that as he walked closer to her.

“What are you saying, Buffy?” She looked into his eyes and he noticed the tears.

“I think I’m falling in love with you. I know it’s crazy. I mean we haven’t known each other that long and with my past it’s hard for me to just let anyone in, but I can’t help it.” Spike caressed her cheek.

“It’s not crazy, pet. I know that I’m already in love with you. I think I’ve known since the first time I saw you. I never really believed in love at first sight, until I met you. You make the poet want to come out of me again and I thought I buried him years ago.” Buffy couldn’t stop the tears from falling down her face now.

“Why would you want me, Spike? Things in my life are complicated. I have a son and I’m only 18-years-old. You could have anyone you wanted. Why me?” She said in a shaky voice.

“Because you’re the most caring, wonderful person I have ever met. I love everything about you. I know things have been hard, but I just want to make everything right.” Spike said and looked at the sleeping baby in the crib. “He needs a father.” He stated quietly as he looked back at Buffy. “I want to be his father, Buffy.” Buffy was crying harder now as she thought about what he said. She then grabbed him in a tight hug and cried in his chest. Spike rubbed her back and whispered soothing words to her. “Everything will be okay, sweetheart. I believe that.” Buffy nodded and then let him go as she looked into his eyes to see the sincerity shining through.

“I love you.” She whispered and he smiled as he placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

“I love you, too. So much.” Buffy hugged him again and he kissed the top of her head as they continued to hold each other. Joyce smiled from the doorway, where she was watching them. She was happy that her little girl finally found someone.
Chapter 12 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
I’m not sure how much, but let’s just say that a little time has passed from the last chapter. Maybe about a week. Also, that no one besides Joyce knew about Buffy and Spike’s relationship. Well, hope ya’ll like this chapter. Please, don’t kill me!
Chapter 12

Xander walked into Spike’s apartment, again without knocking. He figured Spike couldn’t mind all that much, since he hardly ever locked the door. He went into the living room and again found Spike making out with Harmony on the couch. “Sorry, really need to stop making a habit of this.” They pulled away from each other at that moment. Xander’s jaw dropped when he recognized who the girl was and it wasn’t Harmony. “Buffy?” He said in shock and then a smile formed on his lips. “Well, this is new.” Spike rolled his eyes.

“That’s it; I’m locking that bloody door.” Xander crossed his arms over his chest as the smile remained on his face.

“When exactly did this happen? What happened with Harmony?” He wondered.

“Harmony is history and so are you, mate.” Spike said as he stood up and grabbed Xander’s arm, pulling him over to the front door.

“Alright, I can take a hint.” He stated when they got to the door. Spike then shoved him out. “Can you at least tell me what it’s like to kiss her?” He asked and Spike gave his friend a smile as he closed the door in his face. He sighed and walked back to the living room to see Buffy still on the couch. He gave her a smile.

“Now that the whelp’s gone, let’s get back to what we were doing.” He said as he sat down next to her and then noticed that Buffy was avoiding his gaze. “Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked her with concern and she just shrugged.

“Nothing,” she replied without looking at him.

“Come on, love. I know when something’s bothering you. Is it Xander? He was bound to find out about us eventually. I don’t know why that should matter though. He didn’t have that big of a crush on you. He gets a crush on every bird he comes in contact with, but then it goes away usually within a few days.” Buffy shook her head and finally looked at him.

“It’s not that. You have to promise you won’t get upset.” She said and that made him worried.

“I really don’t like where this is headed, but I promise.” Buffy nodded and took a deep breath before she spoke again.

“I ran into Scott the other day.” Spike tried to remember why that name seemed so familiar and then his eyes grew big when realization hit him.

“Scott? Tommy’s father, Scott?” Buffy nodded again and Spike tried to remain calm. “What did the wanker say?” Buffy sighed and decided to tell him.

“He said he’s back in town for college. He plans on going to UC Sunnydale. I told him about Thomas. I wasn’t planning on it, but I figured he had a right to know. He said he wanted to see him.” That made Spike angry and he stood up.

“He won’t be going anywhere near him. You’re not really considering this, are you?” Buffy shrugged.

“I wasn’t at first, but he seemed so different from the last time I saw him. He didn’t seem upset to find out he had a son. It looked like he really wanted to see him.” She explained.

“I don’t even know how you could let him be around Thomas after what he did to you.” Buffy sighed and stood up also.

“That was a while ago, I’m not one that likes to hold grudges. I think everyone deserves a second chance. I understand that he was drunk and probably didn’t realize what he was doing. You didn’t see him, Spike. He looked like he was really sorry. I know you may not like this, but he is Tommy’s father. If we’re going to be together, you have to accept that.” Spike clenched his fists at his side and tried to stay calm. He knew he had to ask her what he has been thinking, even though he dreaded the answer.

“Do you love him?” Buffy looked away from him for a moment before looking back at his pained expression.

“I used to, but I don’t know anymore.” Spike nodded, but he wasn’t finished.

“Do you love me?” Buffy was surprised that he would ask that.

“Of course I do. How can you even question that?” Spike threw his hands in the air.

“I don’t know, Buffy. Right now you sound like someone that wants to go back to her ex.” Buffy shook her head.

“We were never even together. He was just a friend and I did love him, but everything is so different now. I just don’t know how I can make you understand.” Spike gave a short laugh.

“I think I understand fine.” He said as he walked away from her. He stopped to look at her one more time. “You don’t know how many times I wished that things could be different. I love you more than I’ve ever loved anyone; it terrifies me knowing that everything could be taken away. Whenever I’m with you and Thomas, I keep thinking about how different things could be if I was there first. If I was his father. You don’t know how much I want to be his father, Buffy. I love that kid as if he was my own, but I know that I’m not his father. That some other wanker got there first. I know seeing him again was hard for you and I won’t get in the way of whatever you want to do. So, I think I’ll just let you figure it out.” He then walked out of the apartment, closing the door behind him. Buffy watched him go and sat back on the couch. She buried her face in her hands and let the tears fall.
Chapter 13 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 13

Spike walked to Buffy’s house and paused before he knocked on the door. He hasn’t seen her in a few days and it was driving him crazy. He said he would stay out of her way and let her make her own choices, but he couldn’t survive not seeing her for another day. He waited for a few seconds, when the door finally opened to reveal Buffy. He gave her a smile. “Hey, love. I couldn’t stay away any longer.” Buffy smiled also and gave him a hug, which he returned. He breathed in her scent and again realized how much he missed her. She let him into the house and the smile wiped off of Spike’s face when he saw the man in her living room holding Thomas. He looked up when they walked in and smiled at Buffy.

“I finally got him to sleep. I didn’t think I would be able to do it.” Buffy nodded.

“Can you take him upstairs for me?” She asked and he nodded also as he took Thomas upstairs. Buffy sighed and then turned back to Spike to see that he wasn’t happy.

“Is that him?” He asked her.

“Yeah, he stopped by a little while ago. Thomas really seems to like him.” Spike crossed his arms over his chest.

“Right, well he is the father.” Buffy let out a sigh.

“Spike, don’t be like that. It doesn’t mean anything. Scott does have a right to see him.” Spike nodded and dropped his arms.

“I know, I’m sorry I’m being such a ponce. I just can’t lose you.” Buffy grasped both of his hands in hers and gave them a squeeze.

“You have nothing to worry about, okay? I love you and that’s not going to change.” Spike smiled and gave her a kiss on the lips. Scott came back down and cleared his throat. Buffy pulled away from Spike and decided it was about time they were introduced. “This is my boyfriend, Spike. Spike, this is Scott.” She said and they both stared each other down, until Scott moved closer.

“Hey, it’s nice to meet you.” He said as he held his hand out for Spike. He only stared at it for a few seconds, before he grabbed his hand and gave it a firm shake. They dropped their hands after a few seconds and Scott turned to Buffy. “I guess I should get going now. It was great to see you again, Buff. Thanks for letting me meet my son.” Buffy nodded.

“You can come by to see him anytime you want. We may not be that close anymore after everything that’s happened, but I won’t keep him from you.” Scott nodded also.

“Thanks, I’ll see you later.” He looked at Spike one more time and then walked out of the house.

“See, he doesn’t seem so bad.” Buffy said once he was gone.

“He’s still the guy that raped you, Buffy. I don’t like him and I’m not going to. If you expect for us to be friends, you can forget about that right now. It won’t happen.” Buffy ran her fingers through her hair.

“I don’t expect that, but I wanted to thank you for understanding why he was here and for not saying anything bad to him.” Spike nodded and wrapped his arms around her. She rested her head on his chest.

“I was only doing that for you.” He said as he held her a while longer and then pulled away to look at her face. “I also wanted to tell you that we would be performing at the Bronze this weekend. They really love you there.” Buffy smiled at that.

“Yeah, that should be fine. Are we okay?” Spike saw the fear on her face and kissed her forehead.

“We’re fine; I don’t ever want to go another day without seeing you. I hardly slept at all.” Buffy took his hand in hers and gave it a kiss.

“You should go upstairs and get some rest. You can take my room. I had some work to do anyway.” She told him.

“Thanks, love. I only need about an hour.” He replied as he gave her a kiss on the lips and then headed up the stairs. He went to the baby’s room first and watched Thomas as he slept in his crib. He leaned down and kissed the top of his head, being careful not to wake him. “I love you, bit.” He whispered as he then walked out of the room and headed to Buffy’s room for some much needed rest.
Chapter 14 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 14

Buffy smiled as the audience exploded in applause. She still wasn’t used to it as she gave a bow and walked off the stage. She saw Scott smiling at her and walked over to him. “Hey, you were really great up there.” He told her. “I can’t believe you’re actually doing this. It’s what you’ve always wanted.” Buffy nodded.

“Yeah, still doesn’t seem real.” Scott nodded also and then looked shy.

“You wanna go outside? I was hoping we could talk.” Buffy wasn’t sure as she looked up on the stage to see that Spike was putting his guitar away and laughing at something Xander said. She turned back to Scott.

“Okay, but only for a little bit. I have to get home soon.” Scott smiled as they walked out of the Bronze. They were both quiet when they got outside and Scott decided to break the silence.

“You really look great, Buffy. I’m glad everything worked out well for you.” He told her.

“Things were hard at first, but they’re getting better.” Buffy didn’t feel comfortable being alone with him, but she wouldn’t let him know that. He used to be her best friend, the person she could always turn to. Now, she didn’t know who he was anymore. She did know that a part of her would always care for him, but it didn't seem to matter. He hurt her and she found it hard to forgive him for that. She would let him see his son, but that was all she could offer. She just hoped it would be enough. Buffy was brought out of her reverie by Scott suddenly touching her cheek. Before she knew it, he was moving closer and then pressed his lips to hers. Buffy realized what was happening and pulled away suddenly. “No, we can’t do this. You can’t just expect that things are going to get better with us, Scott. I’m with Spike now. You’re only Tommy’s father and that’s it.” Scott wouldn’t take no for an answer and she noticed that he now had tears in his eyes.

“I can’t just let you go, Buffy. I made a huge mistake. I know I hurt you, but I never should have left. We have a son together. I want to be in both of your lives; I want us to be a family.” Buffy felt tears of her own in her eyes at what he was saying.

“It’s too late, we can’t have that.” Scott wouldn’t give up as he grabbed her shoulders and pulled her closer to him.

“Please, Buffy. I love you so much. I never stopped; you’re all I can think about. I know you should hate me for what I did, but I’m so sorry. God, I’m so sorry.” He said as he hugged her and cried even harder. Buffy cried with him and didn’t know what to do. “I need you, baby. I’m lost without you.” Buffy just wrapped her arms around him as he cried. She then looked to see Spike coming out of the Bronze and staring right at them. She pulled Scott away from her and looked into his bloodshot eyes.

“I’m sorry, Scott. I’m sorry that things got so messed up with us, but I don’t hate you. You gave me a beautiful little boy. I could never hate you for that, but I’m not in love with you either. I love Spike and I need him right now. I hope that you can understand and you would still come by to see Thomas. I know you’ll find someone else, but it can’t be me.” Scott nodded and pulled away from her. He felt embarrassed for breaking down in front of her.

“You have no idea how sorry I am for what happened.” Buffy nodded and gave him a small smile.

“I have some idea.” Scott wiped his eyes.

“I should go now, maybe I’ll stop by tomorrow.” Buffy nodded again.

“That would be fine. I hope that you’ll be okay. We could try to be friends again.” Scott knew that they would never be as close as they were, but he would take what he could get.

“Yeah, I would like that. I’ll see you then.” He said as he gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked away. Spike then walked over to Buffy after witnessing most of what happened and held his arms out for her. She walked into his embrace and he wrapped his arms around her. She started to cry again and Spike kissed her hair, whispering soothing words in her ear. They were like that for a while, until Buffy finally calmed down.

“You wanna get out of here?” Buffy looked up at him when he spoke and nodded.

“Yeah, I need to go home. I want to hold my son.” Spike nodded in understanding and took her hand as they both walked to his car.
Chapter 15 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
I hope ya'll would like the Spuffy in this chapter. I tried my best with it anyway. Happy Mother's Day=)
Chapter 15

Buffy and Spike got back to her house only to be greeted by a frustrated, blonde woman holding a crying baby in her arms. “Thank god you’re here. I can’t get him to stop.” She said as she handed the baby over to Buffy. She started rocking him and making soothing noises, which seemed to calm him down.

“I hope he wasn’t too much trouble, Anya.” Buffy said and the woman ran her fingers through her hair.

“Yeah, no trouble at all. I seriously need to get laid, not spend my nights watching your kid when Joyce is away. I love you, sweetie, but I’m about to go crazy here.” Buffy was used to Anya’s bluntness, but Spike looked at her with a surprised expression on his face. “Well, I’ll see you later.” She said as she then took a good look at Spike. “Keep him around. He looks like he could give many good orgasms.” Buffy looked embarrassed and Spike had to smile. He liked this woman and he knew who could help her out with that. She was about to leave, when Spike spoke up.

“Are you seeing anyone, pet?” Anya turned to look at him with raised eyebrows.

“Hey, just because I gave you a compliment doesn’t mean I’m gonna sleep with you. You have a girlfriend and I don’t do that to my friends, buddy.” Spike shook his head.

“Wasn’t talking about me, love. I have a friend that I think would be perfect for you.” Anya thought about it and then nodded.

“Okay, but only because I’m desperate right now. Buffy has my number, have your friend call me.” Spike nodded also as Anya then walked out of the house. Buffy turned to Spike when she was gone.

“Are you talking about Xander?” He nodded again. “Spike, she’ll eat him alive. All that woman talks about is sex, it’s all she can think about basically. I’ve lived next door to her for a long time. She is extremely loud.” Spike smiled at Buffy.

“Trust me, love. She’s perfect for him. He needs to get shagged.” Buffy slapped him playfully on the arm while she was still carrying Thomas.

“I swear, is that all you guys think about?” Spike shook his head as he moved closer to her.

“I think about other things. Like this little guy here.” He said as he looked at Thomas and then back at Buffy. “I think about you and not just in a sex way. Don’t get me wrong, Buffy. I definitely think about that with you, but I know how much you were hurt before. I won’t rush you into anything; I’ll wait until you’re ready. However long that would be.” Buffy smiled and gave him a kiss on the lips.

“Thanks, that means a lot to me.” Spike nodded as he looked at Thomas, who was now sleeping in his mother’s arms.

“Looks like someone should be in bed.” He stated. “Could I take him, pet?” Buffy nodded and handed Thomas over to Spike. He smiled as he looked at the child and then walked up the stairs, with Buffy right behind him.


* * * * *


They got to his room and Spike placed the baby in his crib. He covered him up with his blanket and just watched him as he slept. “He’s perfect, Buffy. Truly an angel, just like his mother.” He said as he looked at her and his comment caused her to blush. She then knew what she wanted to do as she took his hand and pulled him out of the room. She closed the door and then led Spike over to her room. They got inside and she closed the door behind them as she looked at Spike. He was confused, when she then grabbed the bottom of her shirt and pulled it over her head. Spike’s breath caught in his throat when he saw her standing there in a white, lace bra. He finally found his voice after a few seconds. “Buffy, are you sure about this?” Buffy nodded and then removed her skirt to show him her matching panties. He moved closer to her. “There’s no rush, love. I don’t want you to feel that you have to do this.” He explained.

“I want to do this, Spike. I’m ready; I want you to make love to me.” Spike couldn’t resist that as he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her closer to him. He lowered his head a little and captured her lips with his in a sweet kiss. He slipped his tongue into her mouth and she was soon massaging her tongue with his. He broke away because they both needed to breathe. He then removed his clothes and lifted her up, so she could wrap her legs around his waist. They began kissing again as he moved her over to the bed. He broke contact and dropped her on the bed. She looked up at him with desire in her eyes as he crawled over to her. She lay back as he positioned himself on top of her. He removed her bra and underwear and threw them on the floor with the rest of their clothes, so nothing was in the way. He lowered his head to kiss her again and then moved his lips to her neck, where he sucked and licked at her flesh. He pulled away and looked in her eyes to see all the love that she felt for him. He kissed her again as he slowly slid into her. Buffy let out a moan when she felt him enter her and couldn’t remember ever feeling anything so good before. Spike couldn’t believe how tight she was as he started to move within her. He closed his eyes at the sensations he was feeling as he started to pound into her harder. Buffy was breathing heavily as she moaned his name. “God, Spike.” Spike opened his eyes to see the pleasure on her face. He knew he was close to release, when he felt her squeeze him. Spike closed his eyes at the feelings she was stirring in him. He knew he wouldn’t last much longer if she continued to do that.


* * * * *


They were both breathing hard when they finished a few minutes later. Spike moved off of her and lay next to her on the bed, pulling her closer to him. She rested her head on his chest and Spike gave her a kiss on the forehead. “I love you, Buffy.” He whispered and she looked up at him.

“I love you, too.” Spike smiled, when he noticed her start to doze off. He gave her another kiss on the forehead and then joined her in a peaceful slumber.
Chapter 16 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
We're almost to the end, sad to say. This chapter was a lot of fun, hope you guys like it=)
Chapter 16

Xander barged into Spike’s apartment about a week later with a huge smile on his face. He saw Buffy and Spike on the couch and walked over to them. “You are the best, man. Thank you so much for setting me up with Anya. She’s amazing, I’ve learned a lot from her.” Spike smiled at his friend’s excitement.

“I bet you have, Harris. You have Buffy to thank for that. Anya’s her friend.” Xander then grabbed Buffy and planted a kiss on her mouth, which caught the girl by surprise.

“Thanks, Buff.” Spike glared at Xander.

“You have your own girl now; keep your lips off mine.” Xander raised his hands and backed away.

“Sorry about that, I just haven’t met a girl like this in a while. I’ll see you guys later.” He stated as he left the apartment. Buffy laughed and looked at Spike.

“I’m glad he’s happy, but I should get going now.” She said as she stood up, when Spike grabbed her hand.

“Stay a little longer?” Buffy shook her head.

“I can’t, I have things to do. I’ll see you at the Bronze tonight?” Spike nodded and gave her a kiss on the lips.

“I’ll be there.” Buffy nodded also and gave him a smile before she walked out of the apartment.


* * * * *


Buffy entered the Bronze that night with a worried expression on her face. She then smiled when she saw Spike talking to Oz and was about to walk over to them, when an irritated blonde stood in her way. “I want to talk to you.” Harmony said and Buffy rolled her eyes. She really didn’t have time to deal with the other woman right now.

“I don’t think we have anything to talk about.” Harmony glared at her.

“Yeah, how about boyfriend stealing? You thought I was just gonna let you get away with that.” Buffy sighed and started to feel a headache coming on.

“Look, this is between you and Spike. It’s not my fault that he broke up with you.” She explained.

“We were happy, until you came into the picture and seduced him with your voice. I could so sing better than you.” Buffy rolled her eyes again.

“Somehow I doubt that.” Harmony crossed her arms over her chest.

“He doesn’t really care about you. He’s only using you for your voice, so his band will look good. Why would he want some loser in high school, when he could have me? I’m more of a woman than you. He’ll soon get tired of you and come crawling back to me. You can’t keep him satisfied.” Buffy shook her head and refused to believe what she was saying.

“That’s not true, you know why? Because he has more to lose with me.” Harmony rolled her eyes this time.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” She said in a bored voice.

“I don’t have to explain myself to you. I’m with Spike now and that’s how it’s going to be. If you can’t accept that, then I really don’t care. You should find another guy, one that doesn’t mind dating someone who lacks a brain.” Buffy surprised herself with what she was saying, but she liked it. Harmony looked pissed off and she slapped Buffy across the face. Buffy was stunned as she touched her stinging cheek and looked back at Harmony with cold eyes. She had enough as she punched Harmony in the face. The other girl stumbled back and held her nose as she stared daggers at Buffy. Buffy was shocked at what she did, but she couldn’t seem to care.

“You bitch, that was a new nose!” Harmony exclaimed and Buffy tried not to laugh.

“If you ask me, I think I improved it. You really should get your money back for that.” Harmony then let out a scream and grabbed Buffy’s hair. They were both soon clawing at each other as everyone started to crowd around them to cheer them on. Spike noticed what was going on and broke through the crowd to pull Buffy away from Harmony. Harmony stood up to glare at both of them.

“He’s so not even worth it. You two losers deserve each other.” She spat as she walked away and out of the Bronze. The crowd soon got back to what they were doing and Spike looked at Buffy with a smile on his face. Her hair was messed up and she was breathing heavily.

“You know, I think I should be really flattered right now. It’s not every day a bloke has two chits fighting over him.” Buffy brushed her hair out of her face and gave him a cold look.

“Not everything’s about you.” She then grabbed him by the arm and pulled him out of the Bronze. She looked at him with a serious expression once they were outside. “We need to talk.” Spike was suddenly worried now.

“Nothing good ever follows that.” Buffy sighed and thought about what she needed to say.

“Spike, I love you. You know I do.” She took a deep breath before she spoke again. “I got accepted to NYU. This is something I’ve wanted since I was a freshmen and I never thought it would actually happen. I’ve always dreamed of getting out of this town and going to New York one day and now I finally can.” Spike nodded and felt upset that she wanted to leave, but he put a smile on his face.

“That’s really great, love. I’m proud of you.” Buffy smiled also.

“Yeah, my mom’s pretty excited. We talked about it and I called Lorne who lives in New York and he agreed to let me stay with him. He owns a bar up there and he sings on Broadway. I’m planning on moving there after graduation in a few weeks and I just thought you should know. I realize that long distance relationships never work out.” Spike grabbed Buffy’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

“That won’t be necessary. If you’re going to New York, then that’s where I’ll be.” Buffy was surprised at what he was saying and shook her head.

“Spike, I can’t let you do that. Your whole life is here.” Spike smiled at her.

“Right now, you’re my life. I can’t be here without you, Buffy. I love you and Thomas. I want to be a part of your lives, no matter what. I want to marry you some day. I won’t be able to do that if you’re a million miles away.” Buffy had tears in her eyes now.

“You would really go with me?” Spike nodded.

“I would go anywhere with you. I’m sure it won’t be hard to find a place up there. I really want this, Buffy.” He said to her.

“What about the guys and the band?” Spike shrugged.

“They’ll understand, I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to find someone to replace me. You would be a little more difficult though, but they’ll manage it.” Buffy smiled and gave him a hug, which he returned. She couldn’t believe that he agreed to go to New York with her. She was prepared for him to break up with her, but not this. She now knew that she would be able to do anything she wanted, as long as this man was by her side.
Chapter 17 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 17

Is this a dream?
If it is
Please don't wake me from this high
I've become comfortably numb
Until you opened up my eyes
To what it's like
When everything's right
I can't believe


You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me
You found me


So, here we are
That's pretty far
When you think of where we've been
No going back
I'm fading out
All that has faded me within
You're by my side
Now everything's fine
I can't believe


You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me
You found me


And I was hiding
'Til you came along
And showed me where I belong
You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know?
How did you know?


You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me
You found me


You broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
The good and the bad
And the things in between
You found me
You found me



Buffy bowed and walked off of the stage as she finished her last performance at the Bronze. She would really miss it. She grabbed Spike’s hand and walked over to the table, where their friends were sitting. “You guys were great.” Oz’s girlfriend, Willow claimed as she embraced her boyfriend who only smiled at her. Spike sat down and pulled Buffy on his lap. Anya hugged Xander, when he came over to join them. He then shook his head at Spike.

“I still can’t believe you’re leaving us for a girl.” Xander said as he took a good look at Buffy and then nodded. “Never mind, I can believe it.” Spike laughed as he wrapped his arms tighter around Buffy.

“Nothing against you, mate. I can’t be in this crap town forever. I’m sure you’ll manage without me.” Xander nodded again and sat down next to Anya. Willow looked at Xander.

“If you guys need another singer, I have the perfect person for you.” She stated.

“No offense, Will. But your sister can’t sing to save her life.” Xander replied and Willow rolled her eyes.

“I’m not talking about Cordy. I’m talking about my cousin, Tara. She has an amazing voice.” Xander thought about it and nodded.

“Alright, guess it wouldn’t hurt to hear her.” Willow agreed and Spike smiled.

“See, we haven’t even left yet and you already have another singer. I have no doubt that she’s amazing.” Spike said as he winked at Willow who smiled at him. Buffy leaned into Spike and rested her head on his chest. He ran his fingers through her hair and looked at her face. “You tired, baby?” Buffy nodded against his chest.

“Maybe a little.” She said and Spike nodded also as he stood up with Buffy.

“We’re gonna call it a night. Gotta get my girl to bed. We have a lot of packing to do tomorrow.” Spike told everyone as he grabbed Buffy’s hand and pulled her out of the Bronze. They headed to his car and then drove to her house.


* * * * *


Joyce was already asleep when they got home. Buffy and Spike walked quietly to the baby’s room to check on him. They found him sitting up in his crib and Spike then picked him up and cradled the child in his arms. “Someone should be sleeping right now.” He whispered as he kissed his cheek, making Thomas giggle. Buffy smiled at them.

“I’m gonna take a shower. You’ll watch him?” Spike nodded and gave Buffy a quick kiss on the lips before she left to go to the bathroom. Spike then carried Thomas into Buffy’s room. Buffy finished her shower and after getting dressed, she went into her room to find Spike lying on her bed with his arm around Thomas who was sleeping peacefully at his side. Buffy smiled at the display as she went to her side of the bed and lay down also, so the baby was lying in between them. Buffy turned to look at Spike to find that his eyes were open and staring at her.

“He fell asleep.” He whispered and Buffy nodded.

“I can see that.” She replied as she kissed the top of her son’s head, being careful not to wake him. She then grasped Spike’s hand in hers and gave it a squeeze. Buffy moved closer to Thomas, so she was cuddling him as she continued to hold Spike’s hand. “We’re going to be great together.” She whispered as she started to close her eyes. She felt Spike squeeze her hand back.

“That we are, love. Just rest now, have a big day tomorrow.” Buffy nodded as she finally let sleep claim her. Spike watched her a while longer and then looked at the sleeping baby. He couldn’t believe that he had a real family now. Something that he has never really had before, besides his band. He knew that he would never let them go. He looked at them both one more time before he finally closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. He had a smile on his face as he thought about moving to New York with the woman he loved. For the first time in his life, he realized that he didn’t need music to be happy. All he needed was her. She was his life now and he wouldn’t have it any other way.


* * * * *


Joyce woke up when she heard a noise and headed to Buffy’s room. She opened the door and smiled at the scene before her. Buffy lying in her bed with Spike, while Thomas was sleeping in the middle. She was glad that her daughter finally found what she has been looking for. She knew that Spike would be a great father. She closed the door and then headed back to her room, with the smile still on her face. Joyce knew that she wouldn’t have to worry about Buffy when she was in New York. Spike would take good care of her and that was a comforting thought as she fell back into a peaceful sleep.


The End



Yes, I have come to the end. Corny indeed. I’m sometimes in the mood for corn; I actually would take it over angst. The song was “You Found Me” by Kelly Clarkson. I was looking for the perfect song for the end of this and I really think that one worked well. Thanks for the reviews. They really made me all happy. I’m glad you guys liked this one, plenty more where that came from=)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=10613