Those Three Little Words by Peanut Butter
Summary: Buffy and her friends are in their senior year of high school, and through out the years have been picked on, now Buffy wants Cordelia and her gang to leave her friends alone. She is willing to do anything to help her friends, including dating the biggest geek in school. She only has four weeks to get him to say he loves her in front of Cordelia or the deals off.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 12561 Read: 8421 Published: 01/21/2006 Updated: 03/23/2006

1. I Never Knew by Peanut Butter

2. I Guess That Works by Peanut Butter

3. Here Goes Nothing by Peanut Butter

4. Am I Dreaming? by Peanut Butter

5. Since When Do I Like To Dance? by Peanut Butter

6. Sounds Good To Me by Peanut Butter

7. What A Day by Peanut Butter

8. Worth It by Peanut Butter

I Never Knew by Peanut Butter
Author's Notes:
The Jonathan mentioned in Buffy’s gang is NOT the Jonathan from the Buffy series. His last name is Kalmen, so it’s Jonathan Kalmen. We just wanted to kind of make the gang with equal girls and boys so we came up with a new character. Just to help you out a bit Jonathan is tall but not quite as tall as Angel and he has black hair. And anything in italics are thoughts.
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.



Buffy walked into the cafeteria spotting her friends at their usual table, waved and walked towards them. Just a few feet away from the table she was cut off by Cordelia and her gang, approaching her dearest friends.

“Willow! I’m glad to see you’ve seen the softer side of Sears,” Cordelia mocked, while walking up to their table.

“Just leave us alone, Cordy,” Xander said defensively. Just then Angel Carson, captain of the football team, stepped up in front of his girlfriend and threateningly said,

“You better watch what you say to my girl, Harris, or you might not make it to your next class.” As Buffy finally pushed her way through to her table she turned to Angel looking him directly in the eyes,

“Why don’t you all just leave us alone, and go have an orgy somewhere.”

“A swing and a hit for the shorty,” was called out from Riley Finn, Angel’s right hand man.

“Just shut up Riley,” Angel said turning away from Buffy and walking to a different table, and of course the rest of his gang followed. After Buffy watched them leave she turned around to look at her friends. There she saw her best friend, Willow Rosenberg, sitting on Daniel “Oz” Osbourne’s lap. Oz is her boyfriend who doesn’t speak so much. Next to them sat Jonathan Kalmen, who is in a band with Oz. Then came Alexander “Xander” Harris, her other best friend. Last came Tara McClay, the most resent member of the group.

“Geez Buffy, don’t you think that was a little harsh?” Tara spoke up. Everybody turned giving her weird looks.

“After all the crap we’ve taken from them over all these years, I don’t think so,” Xander said rudely.

“I’d have to agree with Xander on this one,” Oz agreed. Next thing they heard was the snickering of The Vamps from across the room. Now should be the time to explain. The Vamps is what Cordelia and her gang is referred to as. The Vamps consist of Cordelia Chase, the most popular girl in school. Her boyfriend, Liam Carson, but everyone calls him Angel. Then there is Riley Finn, Angel’s right hand man, also on the football team with Angel. Also Harmony Kendall, a ditzy blonde that follows Cordelia everywhere. Her boyfriend Parker Abrams, a player, the two are always cheating on each other and everyone knows it except them. Finally Drusilla Rodriguez, one of the bitchiest people on earth.

When they all looked to see what was going on, they saw William Anderson, the biggest geek in school, crawling around on his hands and knees looking for his glasses.

“We may be picked on a lot, but at least we’re not him,” Jonathan said pointing over to William.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The next day started with the usual ritual of The Vamps picking on them. It has been a routine that has being going on since their freshman year all the way to their final year in high school as seniors. Soon Parker walked up to them alone,

“You guys listen I am really sorry for all the mean things The Vamps have said and done to you over all these years.”

“No you’re not,” Xander almost yelled at him. Soon Parker had a sullen face,

“No really! I was wondering if you would be able to forgive me for everything I’ve done and let me hang with you,” he said in a sympathetic voice.

“Yeah right,” Jonathan spoke in a vicious tone.

“I’m serious though.”

“Really?” Willow asked in a hopeful tone, “You’d want to like hang out with us? Wouldn’t people like be staring at us a lot cause like you are usually with them and…,” Willow babbled on.

“Hell no, I ain’t a sorry loser like yourself,” Parker bit back with laughter in his voice. Soon the rest of The Vamps came up to join him laughing.

“You know that’s it. Everyday now you come over here and tease us just so you can get your laughs. So I’m willing to do anything. What will it take to get you off our backs?” Buffy outbursted.

This caught Cordy’s interest. “Anything,” Cordy said a little amused.

“Not anything. It has to be reasonable.” Buffy responded.

“How about… you have to do what I say for a month. No wait never mind you would be too lucky to do that. Ok… Oh I got it you have to date a geek…” Cordy was saying before she got cut off.

“Come on that’s easy.” Harmony exclaimed.

“Let me finish,” Cordy said harshly, “You have to date a geek that I choose and then you have to get him to say he loves you by Winter Formal, but one of us has to here him say it.” Buffy pondered the option for a couple of minutes,

“Buffy, it’s not worth it,” Jonathan tried to convince her, “Winter Formal is only about a month away.”

“I know, I know but this is like our only chance to get them off our backs once and for all,” Buffy replied.

“Do you really think it’s worth it?” Tara questioned with concern. Buffy thought for a second and answered Tara,

“Definitely,” then she turned to Cordelia, “Deal.”

“Great,” Cordy said with a smile, clapping her hands and rubbing them together, “Now for the geek.” Cordy looked around the campus trying to find the perfect geek. Her eyes landed on one, Warren Mears. Cordelia walked up to him to check him out,

“Pretty good, okay in clothes, has a pretty big brain,” Cordy rambled then someone caught her eye, “Perfect.”

“Ok fine, Warren it is then.” Buffy agreed.

“No not Warren, him,” She said pointing to William Anderson.

“No not him, William Anderson is the biggest geek in the school.” Buffy pleaded.

“I think he is perfect,” Cordy said with her gang agreeing trying to keep from laughing, “He is the lucky winner so if I were you I would get going.” With that they left. Buffy turned around to look at her friends.

“So what are you going to do now?” Oz questioned.

“I guess I have to go and make nice with William,” Buffy said turning around to walk away.

“Good luck,” Willow said sympathetically.

“Thanks, I’m gonna need it,” Buffy replied before making her way over to William. William is the biggest geek in school as you’ve already been told. He has no friends, none, and when he isn’t in his class he is in the library. He moved to Sunnydale, California during his freshman year and ever since then he has also been a frequent victim of The Vamps. Buffy followed William till he stopped at his locker to swap his books, she walked up to him,

“Hey.” William looked up at the speaker, but then ducked his head back down,

“Hi,” he said shutting his locker and making his way to the library. Why is she talking to me? Me of all people, she has to be up to something. Buffy stood there shocked for a second then went after him again,

“Hey why won’t you talk to me?” God he is such a geek, making his way to the library as usual. He just kept his head down and ignored her. Maybe if I ignore her she’ll go away.

“Hello, is anybody in there?” Why did I agree to this? If he isn’t going to talk to me then how am I suppose to do this?

“Leave me alone.” What is she trying to get at?

“Look I wanted to talk to you.” Come on answer me.

“Look can you pick on me later.”

“No because I’m not going to. I really wanted to talk to you. No teasing I promise.”

“Fine, but make it quick.”

“Um…well, I was wondering…” Come on Buffy, how can you be so stupid and not plan what you were going to ask him, “well…”

“Spit it out already Summers,” William spat.

“Okay, okay, well would you be able to… tutor me?” Ah, good idea.

“You want me to tutor you?”

“Well yes, I’m not doing so well in history.” Look at me I’m on a roll.

“And why didn’t you ask Willow to help you instead?”

Oh crap, umm…come on Buffy think. “She is um… already helping Xander with his math.” Oh yeah I am good. William sat and thought for a minute.

“Fine, um… when do you want to get together?”

“Oh, uh…” Crap what’s with all the hard questions? I mean come on couldn’t he just ask me how old I am or something? “How ‘bout you come over to my house…Saturday?”

“Yeah sure,” Did she just invite me to her house? Oh my god she did, and I just agreed to it! “I’ll be there around 2, is that okay?” Why not just go ahead and tell her you have had the biggest crush on her for the past 3 years you git.

“Yeah, great. I’ll see you then.”

“See ya,” with that William turned to head to the library, but was stopped by Buffy,

“Wait, I forgot to give you my address.”

“I know where you live,” Could you sound any more like a stalker?

“Uh, you do?” Stalker!

“Yeah you live at 1630 Revello Drive…”

“Uh…”

“I live next door to you.”

“Oh,” Buffy had a confused face on, “I’ll see you Saturday,” she said turning to walk back to her friends. He lives next door? I’ve never seen him. He’s lived next door to me for almost 4 years now and I never knew?
I Guess That Works by Peanut Butter
Author's Notes:
Please leave a review it makes me happy.
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.



“So Buff, how’d it go?” Xander asked after seeing Buffy rejoin the group.

“Well, he actually talks, not in that big of sentences but still. Oh and he is coming over to my house Saturday.”

“Whoa, don’tcha think yall are moving a bit fast? I mean you just met,” Jonathan joked.

“Ha, ha, John. He is coming over to help tutor me in history.”

“So that’s what they’re calling it these days,” Jonathan continued.

“Jonathan! Stop picking on Buffy,” Willow scolded.

“Come on you know I’m teasing,” Jonathan replied.

“Still,” Willow answered.

“Fine, I won’t tease Buffy anymore,” Jonathan said giving up, “So what’s the plan for tonight.”

“I don’t know are you guys playing tonight?” Buffy asked replying to Oz and Jonathan who both shook their heads no.

“We could still always go to the Bronze and just hang out,” Xander suggested.

“Yeah and you guys can give me some tips to help make a Mr. Anderson fall in love with me.” Buffy replied with grin. Just then Xander and Jonathan started to burst out with laughter, and everyone looked at them with questioning looks.

“Oh come on! Mr. Anderson?” Jonathan tried to explain.

“Mr. Anderson? You know, The Matrix?” Xander tried, “Oh come on you guys.” Everyone just turned and headed towards their next class leaving Xander and Jonathan, “Guys! Wait up! Guys?” Xander said running after them with Jonathan not far behind.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

That night at the Bronze the Scoobies gathered around a table with their drink while trying to help Buffy with her problem.

“I don’t see how you plan on doing this Buffy, I mean come on it takes a lot to build up love and you only have a month,” Willow pointed out.

“Not to mention that this could end up hurting William, or yourself,” Tara spoke wisely.

“Myself? I am only doing this that way The Vamps will finally leave us alone,” Buffy said defensively.

“Fine but if this doesn’t work out I want to be the one that said I told you so,” Jonathan announced.

“Enough with the ‘this is wrong stuff’ we came here for you guys to help me,” Buffy exclaimed getting a little frustrated.

“Ok well to make his confidence go up he should hang with us. That way he can talk to people but also be around you.” Tara suggested.

“No way is he hanging with us I mean come on…that’s just…no!” Xander exclaimed while shouting the last bit.

“Xander if I’m going to win this we have to hang around each other.”

“You should totally give him a makeover. Then maybe he won’t look so geeky.” Willow intervened.

“This is all stuff to help him but what about the love part?” Buffy questioned emphasizing the love bit.

“Well you can’t really force love,” Oz said putting in is two cents for the night.

“Yeah I know…”Why does Oz have to be smart? “But I kind of need to force it, I only have a month!”

“Buffy calm down, here take a sip of your soda,” Willow suggested. After take a swig of her soda Buffy stood up from her chair,

“So who wants to dance?”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The sound of the alarm shrieked through the air at 9 am sharp. As Buffy rolled over in bed she tossed her arm out to turn her alarm clock off. After climbing out of bed, and stretching she made her way to the bathroom for her morning shower. Then when she was finished getting dressed and applied her makeup, Buffy headed down stairs for breakfast. She hardly ate anything though, because she had only one thought on her mind. How am I suppose to make him love me? She still didn’t have any ideas to go off of to help her out. The only things that she could think of were some of the romantic movies she’s seen. It was nearing 2 o’clock and Buffy still had no clue how she was going to do anything. How the hell am I suppose to do this? 1 month to get somebody to love me, somebody who I don’t even know. Somebody who doesn’t even know me, this is ridiculous. Well who am I to back down from a bet. I can at least try.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Why did I have to agree to this? Of all the people I am the one she asks. I still say she is up to something, cause since when does she talk to me. And again why did I have to agree to this. If she finds out that I have a crush on her I am going to be teased by everybody... even more than I already am. Let’s just get though this and get it over with then I don’t have to talk to her again. I could always just say I am sick and I can’t stay, or, or I could say I have come down with a bad case of the chicken pox. No you bloody git, you don’t have any spots all over you. Well I could always say they haven’t made their way to my face…and arms…NO that would sound like they are all over your pecker. She would think you were weirder than she already does, then she would spread it around school even though it’s not true. Ok you can do this ol’ chap. Ok now all I have to do is knock.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Right at 2 there was a knock at the door. Oh god he’s here! Just go the door and...and…answer it. Then…grrr…why does this have to be so hard. Buffy got up to go and answer the door. When she opened it there he stood, with some books in hand.

“H-hi, come on in,” Buffy said slightly nervous.

“Thanks,” He replied with the same amount of nerves, then he pointed to the living room,

“So, uh, are we going in there?”

“Not so much, we are going to go to uh, my room.” Ok Buffy you’re doing well so far just keep it up.

“Ok then, um…lead the way.” Bloody Hell, why does it have to be her room, why not just stay down here? The next thing he knew was that Buffy was already in her room and he was just standing there right outside the door.

“Do you plan on coming in or sitting in the hall to tutor me?” Buffy joked lightly, trying to ease the tension. It’s okay Buffy, everything will go smooth, I mean come on all you have to do is ask him to go out with you. See simple. William slowly made his way over the threshold to her room.

“Ok so history,” He said while taking a seat, “Do you get any of it or even know something.”

“It usually just goes in one ear and out the other and as for knowing or remembering not really. I mean who cares about what some people did back in the day?” Buffy explained not doing so well.

“Ok then um, well let’s get to work.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

About and hour later Buffy still didn’t comprehend anything and was still trying to find the right time to ask him to go out with her. Come on, just come right now and ask. Will you go out with me? See not too hard… yeah easier said than done.

“Are you getting any of this?” William questioned.

“Huh?” Buffy asked getting out of her daze.

“Did you even hear a single word I said?” William said with frustration.

“Not really. Sorry, it’s just I don’t get any of it,” Buffy told him. It is the truth, okay only half but still.

“Ok so I sat here for an hour and you haven’t learned anything?” He questioned her.

“Well sorry, I told you me and history are unmixy things.” God, Buffy just ask him.

“I know you already told me. I should uh head home and maybe we could do this again but next time you can try and learn something.” William said standing up. Come on Buffy think, you can’t let him leave, you have to get him to go out with you. The plan was to at least ask him out before he leaves. Come on think. I need something to say. Before he started walking to leave out of nowhere he heard Buffy say,

“Go out with me.” I guess that works.
Here Goes Nothing by Peanut Butter
Author's Notes:
Remember leave a review please
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.



“What did you just say?” William asked flabbergasted, not quite sure if he heard right. Buffy took in a deep breath Well, here goes nothing then calmly said,

“I said, go out with me.”

“Why are you asking me this?”

“Because…” come on think you can’t tell him the truth.

“Because you want to embarrass me in some new and unusual way,” William spat.

“No! No, I swear, I know how it feels to be picked on. Why would I do that to someone else?” Buffy tried to convince him.

“Yeah that’s what they all say,” Why would anyone want to go out with me? Something isn’t right here.

“I am serious here. Will you go out with me?” God he is getting on my nerves how am I going to survive through this?

“No.” I am not going to let anyone in. Especially her, just because I like her doesn’t mean I can trust her.

“No? Fine okay, I can see you don’t trust me, but could you at least give me a chance?” Come on I really don’t want to be on your case the whole time just trying to get a date.

“Why should I? You, you, have friends…a life, and I think this is the only real conversation we’ve had besides the one when you asked me to tutor you. Which by the way didn’t go so well, you didn’t even pay attention. We are two completely different people.”

“Yeah we are different, I won’t argue with you there, but sometimes two completely different people go so well together.”

“That’s true but sometime they don’t go so well together.” He shot back.

“That’s true also but will you please give me a chance?” She questioned while looking him in the eyes.

How can I say no to her. “Fine.” He spoke quietly.

“What did you say?” She asked making sure she heard what she thought she heard.

“I said fine. Um…when do you…you know…wanna go out?” He shyly spoke.

“Um well, me and my friends are going out tonight you can come with us and you can be my d-date.”

“Okay fine,” He stated quickly just wanting to leave, “Where and when are you going?”

“Um, well we were planning to go to the Bronze around 9. Well I guess you could either meet us there or we can walk there t-together, whatever you want to do if fine.”

“Well this is probably going to sound funny but I have no clue where it is so I guess I am to walk with you.”

“Okay well then I guess you can come over here around 8:45 then we can go.”

“Okay then, I will see you later.” With that William left and he kept walking till he got home, when he shut his door he came back to reality. Did I just agree to go on a date with Buffy Summers?

Did he just agree? Well that’s a good thing, one step closer to winning, next step won’t be as easy though. Well I… Buffy got interrupted from her thoughts when her sister, Dawn, came in her room,

“Hey Buffy, what was Will doing here?”

“How do you know Will?”

“I don’t know him per say but I’ve seen him in his backyard reading a couple of times. Mom told me his name, she met them when they first moved in and yeah. Anyways what was he doing here?” Dawn questioned again.

“He was trying to help me in history, but that didn’t go so well.”

“And…”

“And what?” Buffy said starting to get a little annoyed with her sister.

“I know you have a date with him. I kinda overheard you talking you know from the ha- my room. I overheard you talking from my room, yeah.”

“Right…your room, but yes I do. So now you can leave.” She said while pushing her sister out and closing her door. Then turning around to check the time she saw her clock telling her it was three thirty.

“Five hours…five hours…” Buffy spoke while swinging her arms.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Aw William, how did the tutoring go?”

“It went okay,” William replied to his middle-aged godfather, who took him in when his parents died five years ago. That is why they moved to Sunnydale four years ago, “Uh, Giles?”

“Hm?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure go right ahead.”

“Well what would one wear to…um…well…a date?” William questioned with uncertainty.

“Um…well, uh…why do you ask?” Giles asked, not sure what to say.

“Well Buffy invited me…to well…go to the Bronze tonight with her and her friends,” William told, embarrassed.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Okay, okay, I’ve had my shower, I’ve got my outfit, now make up and hair. I so hope this night goes well, or at least alright. I didn’t even ask the guys if it was okay if I invited him tonight. Oh what if Xander starts wigging out? What if they don’t get along? What if someone accidentally spills the beans on the whole deal? What if OW!

“OW!” Buffy yelped as she burned her hand on her curling iron because she was too distracted with her thoughts.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

It will be okay. Everything will be just fine. I am dressed in... William looked down at his clothes …not so comfortable clothes but decent clothes worn by kids now-a-days. Dear lord, I am starting to sound like Giles! Ah! I did it again. Now just go up and knock on the door. It isn’t that hard you did this already today. With that he raised his hand and knocked. Just a few seconds then the door was opened by Buffy. William was just staring at her feet where he saw white flip-flops. Moving his eyes up he saw that she was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans. Going up even further he saw she was wearing a black tank top, with her make up done lightly and her hair in light curls. How will I live through the night? William thought as he stared at Buffy. He’s staring at me! It’s creeping me out. Say something!

“So, what do you say we get going?” Breaking William out of his staring.

“Uh yeah, yeah good idea…. So which way we going?”

“That way,” Buffy said pointing to the way they would soon be going, “Just give me a sec.” She went back into the house leaving the door open and William standing outside. Then just a few seconds later she appeared at the door again,

“Okay, I’m ready to go. I just had to say bye to my mom first.” They started making their way to the Bronze which was made in uncomfortable silence. After a couple minutes Buffy couldn’t stand the silence anymore,

“You clean up nicely,” she said indicating to his clothing.

“I guess, but I don’t really feel comfortable.”

He didn’t have to do that. “You shouldn’t have worn them if you don’t feel comfortable in them.”

“I figured I would look a little out of place wearing a suit.”

“I meant what I said though, you clean up nicely. Now all you need is to do something with the hair.” Did I just say that out loud??

“Oi! What’s wrong with the hair?” he questioned while moving his hair out of his eyes.

“Oh, uh, I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying to be mean, and I didn’t mean to be rude. I just…I dunno, I guess I was just thinking aloud…” Buffy said looking at him this time. When did he get those eyes? “Did you know that you have really pretty eyes?” Damn it! I did it again. Why is it so easy to tell him what I am thinking?

Did she just say what I think she said? “Uh… thanks.” Great, I sound like a poofter. Well it’s because you are. What else was I suppose to say? I could give her a compliment. That sounds like a good idea. Yeah I could do that. “I like your outfit.” See that wasn’t so hard, now was it.

“Thanks…Hey there’s the Bronze,” she said pointing to the building.

“Whoa,” William spoke stopping.

“What’s wrong?” Buffy questioned stopping beside him.

“Well, there’s just a lot more people here than I thought there would be, but then it is Saturday, so I don’t know what I was thinking.”

“It’ll be fine, come on,” she told him linking her arm with his, and pulling him towards the building. William just gulped but didn’t say anything about it. Here goes nothing.
Am I Dreaming? by Peanut Butter
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took a littler longer than I wanted to get it posted. Please rewiew:)
Buffy pulled him all the way to the table where the gang was all sitting. When she arrived with William in tow they all gave her some questioning looks.

“Hey guys, this is William,” She said introducing him to everybody.

“William this is Willow, Oz, Tara, and Jonathan,” She spoke pointing to the person whose name she called, “Where’s Xander?”

“Oh he said he had to do something for his mom before he came. He should be here pretty soon,” Jonathan answered.

“Okay then, anyways I’m thirsty, I think I’m gonna go get a drink,” Buffy said to the gang.

“Do I have to pay for that?” Will asked embarrassed by his question.

“Yes,” She replied.

“Okay then um…” He started but was cut off by Buffy.

“I was kidding. You don’t have to pay for my drink,” She said looking over at her friends, “I’ll be right back,” she said heading over to bar and as she passed her friends she whispered to them so William wouldn’t hear, “Be nice.” As Buffy walked away the Scoobies turned back to William as he sat down cautiously. They all sat there in silence not sure what to say to each other.

“As you can see, we’ve had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson,” Jonathan said breaking the silence. William just looked at him with a worried look.

“Don’t mind Jonathan, he watches too many movies, and the Matrix is one of his favorites,” Willow reassured him.

“Oh okay,” William said relaxing. After that Buffy appeared back at the table with her drink, sitting down at the table next to Will. Just as Buffy sat down Xander showed up. Oh great, I knew I would have had to deal with this sooner or later, although, I was hoping for later.

“Hey Xand,” Buffy greeted cheerfully.

“Hey Buff, gu-” Xander stopped as he saw William, “What is he doing here?”

“Well, Xander…William just so happens to be my date for the evening.”

“Yeah whatever. I’ll see you guys later,” Xander said as he stormed off towards the exit.

“I’ll go talk to him,” Willow spoke running after him. When Willow went after Xander she left the others trying to think of something to say to one another. Then William spoke up,

“Maybe I should just leave.”

“No. You don’t have to leave,” Buffy told him.

“But Xander…”

“Forget about Xander, he shouldn’t be so…so…I can’t think of a word, but he shouldn’t be like the way he is.”

“Are you sure I mean I don’t mind leaving.”

“No, stay. It’ll be okay and…oh my god I love this song!” Buffy exclaimed. Then everyone turned to listen to the song Buffy was talking about. They all heard I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith start playing.

“Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability. That is the sound of your death,” Jonathan quoted. With a confused expression Will asked,

“What?” But then Buffy grabbed him by the arm and he forgot all about Jonathan.

“Dance with me Will, please?” Buffy pleaded.

“I told you, you were about to die,” Jonathan butted in.

“But I-I, I don’t r-really know h-how to d-dance,” William said trying to save himself from the embarrassing fate that awaited him.

“So I can teach you. Please Will, please?” Buffy begged sticking out her bottom lip. Now how does she expect me to resist? But how do you expect to go out there? I don’t know. I’ll just have to learn to dance now won’t I, better with Buffy than Giles right? As soon as that thought came to his mind he quickly jumped up out of his seat,

“Okay, let’s dance.”

“Yay!” As the two got to the dance floor William just stood there looking around at other people wide-eyed. Now what am I supposed to do? I’ve never done this before. As if she had heard what he was thinking, Buffy grabbed his wrists and moved his hand to rest on her hips.

“You put your hands here, and I,” Buffy lifted her arms up and wrapped them around his neck, “put mine here. Then all you have to do is move your body to the beat of the music.”

“Easy for you to say,” William said as he made a bad attempt at dancing. Buffy just kept quiet as she watched in amusement as William tried to concentrate on what he was doing, but after a few minutes she figured she should intervene.

“Look it’s actually not that hard. All you have to do is sway back and forth and move your hips a little, like this,” Buffy then took her hands from his neck and used them to move his body for him, “Now just keep doing that and you’ll be fine,” she told him as she replaced her arms around his neck. Back at the table Willow and Xander made their way back to the rest of the gang, after she had finally convinced him to stay and be nice to William. When they sat down they heard snickering coming from a few tables over, and when they all looked to see what the deal was they saw Cordelia, Harmony and Drusilla pointing and laughing at Buffy and William as she taught him how to slow dance, while Angel, Riley and Parker were playing a game of pool.

“Poor William,” Tara said aloud. When she saw everyone was looking at her with questioning looks she explained, “Well he has been picked on since his freshman year and…”

“So we’ve been picked on by them way longer,” Xander interrupted.

“Well, yeah but just think about it, we’ve had each other during those times, well I’ve only been here for 2 years now but I still had you guys. And look at William he’s been picked on since his freshman year and has had no one.” Everyone just went quiet. But then Willow spoke,

“Well not anymore right? He’ll be hanging with us now. So he won’t be alone any more, right?”

“Of course sweetie,” Oz said before giving her a quick kiss to calm her down. Just then Buffy and William sat down in their seats.

“So how’d the dancing go?” Jonathan questioned.

“No comment,” Buffy said with a laugh.

“Oi, I wasn’t that bad, and it was a very hard,” William said embarrassed.

“Just wait ‘til we try dancing to faster more upbeat music,” Buffy laughed. William just laid his head down on the table,

“Oh great! There’s more.” After everyone stopped laughing they all made their way back to the dance floor and spent the rest of the night teaching William to dance.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Bye, I’ll talk to you all later,” Buffy said grabbing William’s arm and pulling him out of the club. They walked in silence the whole way home. When they came to a stop
in-between both their houses Buffy turned to face William.

“So did you have fun?”

“Yeah I actually did. I never thought that I would ever have fun going to places like that.”

“I am sorry about Xander, really he usually isn’t like that. He isn’t that bad once you get to know him.”

“Don’t worry about it. There are a lot of people out there worse than him.”

“Good point. Well I’ll see ya later?” Jeez this is awkward.

“Yeah,” Am I supposed to kiss her? I’ve never done this before. I don’t want to look like an idiot. Buffy turned to make her way to her house but then stopped and turned back to him. She then gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked inside. Leaving a stunned William standing there. Am I dreaming?
Since When Do I Like To Dance? by Peanut Butter
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took me awhile, I've been sick and then my dad left and he's gunna be gone for four months so i wanted to spend lots of time with him, and then there is school stuff. Anyway heres the chapter please review.
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.


Sunday afternoon William and Buffy were sitting in her room again giving the studying thing another try, but this time it was William who was being a little distant.

“So this Jefferson guy never fought in the war?” Buffy asked turning to William who was just staring off into space, “William?” Buffy said waving her hand in front of his face, which seemed to snap him out of his trance.

“Sorry…what?” William said turning to Buffy.

“The Jefferson guy never fought in the war, right?” She repeated, but William had gone back into his mind, “Are you okay?”

“Hm? Yeah, yeah, I’m just fine. Just thinking, sorry. Please continue.”

“So…”

“Does my hair really look that bad?” Will interrupted.

“Excuse me?” Buffy questioned, being a little lost. Did he just ask me about his hair?

“Nothing. Never mind.”

“You sure?” This really seems to be bothering him. Wait why should I care? Because he really does look stupid and you need to give him a make over, stat.

“Yeah just forget I ever mentioned it.”

“If it bothers you that much I could help you change it,” Buffy suggested hopefully.

“Really? You would do that for me?” Will asked dumbstruck.

“Yeah I would.

“When?”

“We could do it now if you like…Oh we could like do a complete make over! It would be awesome. The last year of high school, give everyone a kick in the pants,” Buffy yammered excitedly.

“Yea, I like the sound of that. I want something completely different. I don’t want anyone to recognize me,” Will spoke with a goofy smile on his face.

“Yay! Okay first,” Buffy reached over and closed the history book they were using, “much better. Now we can start on the hair first, is there anything in particular you want done with it?”

“Not really. I just want to stand out; you know a really unique look. Kinda like Billy Idol.” Suddenly Buffy had the biggest grin on her face that William had ever seen, and got a little worried about what he had just said.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god,” William just stood farfetched, staring into the mirror.

“Do you…not like it?”

“I…well…it…eek.” What have I gotten my self into?

“It doesn’t look that bad on you. Seriously, it looks good.”

“It’s definitely a big change alright. What will Giles think? Does it really look okay?” William questioned running his fingers through his slicked back hair.

“It looks great, really brings out your eyes.”

“When I said I wanted to be unique like Billy Idol I thought you would like turn my hair bright green or something.” That made Buffy smile.

“I think bright green would have been way over board. I know this is a little over board but you can definitely pull this off. That is once we get you the right wardrobe.” He just gulped and turned back to the mirror still shocked at what he saw,

“There’s more?”

“You said you wanted a big change, and you didn’t want anyone to be able to recognize you. Frankly I think the tweed will definitely give it away, besides that hair and tweed, just don’t mix.” After taking a deep breath, Will turned away from the mirror,

“Okay, let’s do this.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Come on Will, you agreed to this little change and you can ...I guess change it if you don't like it, but at least give it a shot," Buffy exclaimed while trying to pull William over to her friends.

“Little! This change is nowhere near little. You changed me head to toe.”

“Oh whatever, now come on,” Buffy said, dragging him over to where her friends were standing. As Xander looked at Willow he saw Buffy coming up behind her and when she moved her head he saw a man walking along side of Buffy.

“Holy shit! Who the hell is that and what is he doing with Buffy?!” As everyone turned to see what he was talking about they saw Buffy. Also a man dressed in a pair of very tight black jeans, plus a tight black shirt, a black duster that went past his knees, and on top of all that he had hair that was a platinum bleached blonde color.

“Buffy, who is that?” Xander questioned pointing the person standing behind her.

“Well, you guys all know William.”

“That’s William. Yeah right who is he really?” Xander said wanting to know who it really was.

“Do I need to spell it out for you? This is William.” They just all stared in shock.

“But…huh…but.” Xander confusingly said.

“Oh my god that’s William.” Jonathan said still not quite getting it but better than Xander who still had a confused look on his face. Buffy just gave him a ‘Duh’ look. Tara and Willow just stared in shocked while Oz was just being Oz.

“So what do ya think?” Buffy questioned chewing on her bottom lip.

“What…why?” Xander went on trying to form words.

“He wanted a change so I offered him one,” Buffy explained.

“A change is like a different hairstyle this is not a change this is well I don’t know a word for it but it is way bigger than a change,” Xander exaggerated.

“That’s what I said.” William spoke for the first time. While everybody was over the fact of Will’s new look Xander was still flabbergasted.

“So we’re playing at the bronze tonight, ya in?” Oz spoke up.

“Oh yeah we are, aren’t we?” Jonathan realized.

“You really need to get a planner Jonathan,” Buffy laughed at him. Right when Buffy stopped laughing the bell rang. As Buffy and William walked down the hall to their class they spotted Cordy coming towards them.

“So Buffy who’s the hottie?”

“Cordy, I believe you know William.”

“Of course you've got nerd written all over you,” Cordy said then left not believing that that was William the nerd she and her gang picked on since forever.

“So Will, you’ll be coming to the Bronze with us tonight, right?”

“Will there be more dancing?” He asks with a faked worried expression.

“Oh of course there will be. You can’t not dance at the Bronze.”

“Well, then I shall most definitely be there,” Will said with a big smile. Since when do I like to dance?
Sounds Good To Me by Peanut Butter
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took me awhile, I'm trying to get a couple of chapters done before I post another one that way you won't have to wait so long for another one. 7 is already written and I'm half way through 8. I'll try and post 7 soon.
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.


As the bell rang the whole gang made their way down the halls of Sunnydale High. The girls were in a line, in front of the guys, they were all giggling and talking about what they were going to wear tonight to the Bronze. While the guys were walking behind them laughing at something they found amusing about their English teacher. As they reached the outside Buffy informed everyone that she was going to go ahead and head straight home. Everyone just said their goodbyes and see you laters, and didn’t mention anything as she dragged William along with her.

“Buffy, what am I going to where tonight? Seriously I have no bloody idea,” Will rambled throwing his arms in the air, “Oh my god. I am started to sound like a girl! You’ve turned me into a poofter!”

“Slow down there, buddy. I will help you pick out your clothes and I don’t know what a poofter is but I am quite sure you were already one before me.”

“Ha-bloody-ha. Very funny, and thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you. I don’t know how what I would do without you.”

“I don’t know what you would do without me either. So how did Giles take the new you?”

“Well…he…doesn’t exactly know yet.”

“He doesn’t? You’re kidding me right?”

“No, I’m not…he was at a meeting when I got home and he came home late last night, and he is usually gone in the morning before I go to school. He should be inside right now though.”

“Okay, I say we go and get your outfit picked out first.”

“Do I get to pick out your outfit?” William questioned with a smirk. Did I just say that?

“New attitude with the new look. Definitely a good thing.” Did he really ask that? What should I say? Should I let him?

“Don’t avoid the question Summers,” Will stated with his smirk still on his face. Buffy turned to him with a smirk of her own and replied,

“Only if you’re a good boy.”

“You know I always am.” Where is this all coming from? I swear someone else has taken over my bleeding brain. Will just walked up to his doorstep and walked right in leaving the door open behind him. Buffy figured that was his way of telling her to come on in, so she walked in after him shutting the door behind her. When she turned around she saw a shocked Giles and a nervous Will.

“Buffy this is Giles, my god-father. Giles this is Buffy, the girl next door,” Will spoke calmly but on this inside he was scared shitless. Giles just kept staring his godchild up and down with his mouth opening and closing like a fish trying to make out words,

“Who…. what…. when…. where…. why?”

“First off, I’m William still. Second this is my new look. I did it yesterday over at Buffy’s house, and I did it because I wanted a change. Now I am going out again to the Bronze tonight and Buffy came over to help me pick something out, so we are just going to go to my room and do that okay?” He didn’t get an answer though he just got Giles staring, as if frozen with shock.

“I think you broke him,” Buffy spoke up for the first time since she walked in.

“I do too. I hope he’ll be okay by time I get back. Let’s just leave him here, and go.”

“I agree. Which way to your room?” As she walked over the threshold into his room, she saw plain cream-colored walls, with a plain beige colored carpet. She also saw a deep red carpet, and red bed sheets. Plus a bookshelf covered with books, that didn’t surprise her. Buffy quickly spotted the closet and went straight to it. As she opened it, she saw it was still full of his tweed suits and shoes, and nothing else. So she turned to him with a questioning look,

“Where are all the things we got you yesterday?”

“They are still in their bags over there,” Will stated pointing to a corner of his room that was filled with bags.

“First things first, go get me a couple of boxes.”

“Why?”

“Just do it.” So he left to go find some boxes. When he walked back into his room, with the three boxes he had found, he saw Buffy taking all his clothes out of his closet and folding them up on his bed. When she saw the look on his face she just said,

“You won’t be needing these anymore. So we are going to pack them up and put them away. Can you start putting all of these into the boxes while I start hanging up all your new clothes?” About an hour later all of Williams old, tweed clothes were packed away and his closet was filled with his new ones.

“You should definitely wear this shirt,” Buffy stated as she pulled a short-sleeved, dark blue, button up shirt out of his closet. Then she reached down to the bottom of the closet and brought out a pair of steel-toed dock martins, “and these shoes,” she said handing the items over to Will. He just grabbed them and set them down on his bed. “Aren’t you going to change?”

“We aren’t going to the Bronze for another three hours.”

“So we still have to go over to my house so I can get ready and when that’s done you won’t have anytime to come home and change.”

“I don’t see why it take you girls so bloody long to get ready,” Will griped as he reached for the shirt on his bed. Then he turned back to Buffy, who was still standing there,

“Will you give me some privacy?”

“You’re kidding right? All you are doing is changing you’re shirt and shoes.”

“And I don’t want you staring at me.”

“Fine, fine what ever,” Buffy, said turning around to face his dresser. She heard some struggling going on behind her, “Are you ok?”

“Um…well, I am having a slight problem.”

“With what? It’s just a shirt.”

“Could you just quit with the snide remarks and help me?” When she turned around to face him she immediately saw the problem.

“No wonder you are having problems you’ve got the shirt inside out,” Buffy told him while trying to keep from laughing too much. She walked over to him and helped him get out of the tangled shirt. As she did he started trying to cover his bare chest up.

“You know I would understand you all being with the embarrassment if you had man boobies or something like that, but you don’t. So why are you all embarrassed?”He definitely does not have man boobies. He actually has a really hot body.

“It’s just I’ve never had anyone see me with my shirt off before, and it’s just kind of embarrassing.”

“Well you have nothing to embarrassed about, believe me you don’t. There ya go. All nice and buttoned up correctly.”

“Wow that was fast,” He had been too lost in her eyes to notice that she had put his shirt on him correctly and buttoned it up for him.

“It’s not that hard to button up a shirt. Now put your shoes on and let’s get on over to my house. Or do you need help with those too?”

After he had finished they made their way down the stairs and out the door, passing a still frozen Giles. When they arrived at Buffy’s house they were greeted by Joyce.

“Buffy and uh…. I’m sorry who are you?” Joyce questioned confused on who this boy Buffy brought home was.

“I’m William. I live next door,” Will introduced himself. Joyce knew a boy named William who lived next door but this didn’t look anything like the one she knew.

“William? William Anderson?”

“Yes ma’am that’s me.”

“Wow, you have…um certainly changed since the last time I saw you.”

“Wait, you two know each other?” Buffy asked confused on how everyone seemed to know that he lived next door, when Buffy never found out until a few days ago.

“Yes. When they moved in I went over there to welcome them to the neighborhood and I asked you to come along, but somebody said that they were to busy so I went over there with Dawn,” Joyce exclaimed.

“Oh, well anyways I have to go and get ready uh Will… you can hang down here if you want while I go upstairs and get ready, yeah,” Buffy said while walking up the stairs.

“Well uh...” William spoke nervously.

“Would you like some hot chocolate while you wait for Buffy?”

“Sure. Thank you Ms. Summers,” Spike said following Joyce into the kitchen. Meanwhile Buffy was upstairs trying to pick out suitable clothes for the night when her sister barged in her room.

“Hey Buffy, who’s the hottie downstairs with mom?” Dawn questioned.

“That’s William. Mom said you met him before and can you please go so I can get ready.”

“Fine, grouch,” Dawn mumbled leaving her room. Buffy walked over to her closet seeing what choices she had. What should I wear? What would Will like? Since when do I care what Will likes? I don’t care. Buffy answered herself still searching for what she wanted. She finally decided on something and went to the bathroom to change. Meanwhile back downstairs Spike went to sit in the living room when he was done his hot chocolate. He kept looking at his watch wonder what was taking her so long to get ready. Don’t know why she needs to take so long. She’s a natural beauty. Put her in rags and she will still look amazing. William chuckled at that thought. William was so out of it he didn’t even notice her coming down the stairs. When he heard her call his name he looked up to see her. She was wearing light blue jeans with a white, long sleeved button up shirt with its sleeves rolled up, and white flip flops. Her hair was in a ponytail, nothing fancy, with two strands outlining her face. He was still in daze until she spoke again.

“William are you ready?”

“Uh yeah. Let’s go.” He said walking out the front door with Buffy in tow. As they made their way through the Bronze looking for the gang, they kept getting stares from everyone around. They were all staring at William, trying to figure out who he was or if he was single. Next they saw Jonathan who was standing on a chair waving them over. Buffy turned her head to William and looked at him with amusement pointing over to Jonathan. When they finally reached the table Jonathan was still standing up on the chair.

“Ok you can get down now. We don’t need anymore attention drawn to us then there already is,” Buffy informed him looking around to see how many people were still staring.

“See that’s the thing. I well… the chair is kinda high.”

“You’re kidding right?”

“No not really,” Jonathan said with a forced laugh. Xander rolled his eyes and stood up and helped him down.

“Dude, I ain’t even that stupid,” That comment made everyone laugh, except Jonathan,

“Hey!” Then Xander butted in,

“I believe that’s my hey. Hey!”

“Oh just sit down Xander.”

“Aren’t you supposed to like back me up there Willow?”

“Nope.”

“Moving on…” Buffy said taking a seat at the table, “Hey Will do you think you could go get me a drink?”

“Sure Buffy.”

“She has got you wrapped around her finger man,” Jonathan stated, picking on William.

“Yeah, you’ve totally become her lap dog,” Xander joined in.

“Leave him alone you two,” Buffy told them with a stern look and then giving an apologetic one to Will.

“Well, I’m gunna head back stage with Oz and help him finish setting up,” Jonathan said standing up, “Oh yeah, bye Spike,” he said laughing. Then Xander started laughing,

“Woof, woof. Wittle Spikey.”

“Just ignore them.” Tara said.

“Yeah, they are the ones who are dogs,” Willow added.

“Score one for Red, while the whelps have yet to score,” William teased them.

“Whatever, I’m going. Bye guys, by Spike,” before William could object he had walked off.

“How ‘bout I go get you that drink now?” William asked Buffy.

“How ‘bout we forget the drink and go dance?” Buffy suggested.

“Sounds good to me.”
What A Day by Peanut Butter
Author's Notes:
I am so sorry that it took me so long to update. To which I am giving you 2 chapters as my way of saying sorry. I just kinda got caught up in school stuff.
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.


“Buffy! Wait up!” Spike yelled after Buffy as she stormed out of the school. After a couple of more steps he finally caught up to her and grabbed her arm, turning her around to face him, “What’s wrong? You haven’t said more than a handful of words to me all soddin’ day!”

“Why won’t I talk to you?!” Buffy yelled back at him while trying to free her arm, “I won’t talk to you because I don’t want to talk to you!”

“Well why the bloody hell not?!” Spike yelled raising his voice louder than hers.

“Because I don’t speak to people I am mad at!” She yelled trying to make her voice louder than his.

“Why are you mad at me?” William questioned, his voice barely above a whisper, with a hurt look on his face.

“Why?! You’re asking me why I’m mad at you?!” Buffy said still yelling.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Flashback

This morning started out like every other day, the Scoobies were just hanging around outside waiting for the bell.

“Will you soddin’ whelps leave me alone already?” William spoke getting angry.

“Nope.”

“Never.” Jonathan and Xander said in sync, “Face it, you’re just going to be stuck with the name from now on,” Jonathan continued.

“But I don’t want to be stuck with the name Spike!” William semi-shouted. Drusilla who just so happened to be walking by at the time stopped and intervened,

“I like the name Spike. Makes you sound bad. Like a dark prince,” Drusilla said, “like a dark bad prince,” she then let out a dog bark that was mixed with a growl, “ have you been a bad prince Spike?”

“Okay then…I’m gunna leave now how bout you Xand?” Jonathan said walking away and over to a bench.

“Definitely,” Xander said following.

“Me too,” Willow said joining them with Oz in tow. Then joined by Tara and Buffy. Soon they all started talking about their upcoming lunch. Except for Buffy she just sat on the bench watching Spike and Drusilla from afar. Even though she couldn’t hear what was being said she knew what was going on, she could tell by just watching them. I can’t believe this! How can he just stand there and flirt with her! Wait why should I care? I’m not jealous of them…yes I am. Urg stupid William with his stupid hair, and his hot body and… no, no not hot body I should have said hideous body. Yeah that’s right hideous. What I am saying I don’t mean any of this. I might as well just say it. I’ve fallen for him.

“Are you a prince my Spike?” Drusilla asked leaning into him.

“N-no. I’m h-hardly what y-you’d call a prince,” William stuttered.

“Oh, but I think you are. They told me you were,” Drusilla spoke.

”Who t-told you?” William asked with curiosity. Drusilla leaned in and placed her mouth right next to his ear and whispered,

“The stars,” then pulling away with a big grin on her face. Next thing they knew bell for their first classes rang. Buffy jumped out of her seat she was sitting in and practically ran over to Spike so that they could walk together to their classes like they’d been doing for the past couple of days. But when she got there,

“Hey Buffy, I’ll see you at lunch. I’m gunna walk Dru here to class,” Spike just told her without even glancing back as he headed off. Buffy just stood there in shock. Did he really just do that? Oh my god I think he did. Soon Willow and Tara were at her side trying to calm her down, as they had to push her to her classroom.

End Flashback


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Are you mad at me ‘cause I didn’t walk with you to class this morning?” Spike questioned with a bit of humor in his voice.

“No, it’s not that you didn’t walk with me to class,” Buffy answered.

“Then what the bloody hell is it?!” He yelled at her getting really frustrated.

“Fine you really want to know?”

“Yes I really do!”

“I am mad at you because you were with Drusilla! Okay happy now?” Buffy yelled finally getting her arm free and storming off in the direction of her house. Is she jealous? Why would she…Could she? With that he bolted off after her again and when he finally did he didn’t grab her arm, he just continued to walk along side of her,

“Are you jealous of Dru?”

“No I’m not jealous of her. Why the hell would I be?” Buffy replied not even bothering to look at him.

“I don’t know. You tell me.” Suddenly Buffy stopped, surprising William as he stopped a couple of steps ahead of her, and turned to face her as she started yelling again,

“I am not jealous of that down right skanky hoe! That would never happen. It’s not my fault that I like you and hate that you’d rather spend your time with that bitch than me; who as a matter-of-fact has a boyfriend. Although they are both always cheating on each other, but I don’t really give a shit about them!” Buffy’s eyes just went wide as she realized what she just told him. Crap I just had to get caught up in my anger. Good going Buffy.

“What did you just say?” William spoke in a soft voice hoping he had heard her ranting words properly and didn’t want to scare her off cause by the look on her face, she was as shocked as he was. Yup, he definitely heard you. Just act cool, pretend it never happened.

“Nothing. I didn’t say anything,” she quickly responded as she began walking again. Oh. My. God! Did I really just say that? Real smooth Summers. You might as well wear a sign on your shirt that says ‘I like William a.k.a. Spike’.

Where the hell did that come from? Wait did she just…no…I just didn’t hear the rest of the sentence. She meant to say I like you-r shirt, or hair. She didn’t just say…Oh My God…she likes you and you haven’t said a word yet…and where did she go?
“Buffy! Come on pet, talk to me!” He called out seeing her a couple of yards away. When he finally caught up to her he grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him once again,

“You like me,” He spat out a little harsher than he intended it to be.

“What do you want me to say, huh? You want me to tell you that I like you? Okay, I like you. There, you happy now? Just go ahead just laugh it up I don’t care. Just leave me alone,” she spoke the last part barely above a whisper.

“Why would I laugh?” Buffy finally looked up at his face and looked him in the eyes. He really had beautiful eyes. I swear I could just stare at them for hours.

“The question isn’t why would you, it would have to be why wouldn’t you?”

“Maybe…it’s c-cause… I like you t-too,” William stutteringly admitted with a small smile. With the look Buffy saw on his face she couldn’t do anything but return the smile. Soon the two blondes were walking side by side on their way home just staring at each other. Soon enough they came to a stop in front of their homes.

“So…walk with you to school tomorrow?” William questioned, breaking the silence that was between them. Where he got a smile and a nod from the petite blonde in front of him,

“I’ll see you tomorrow Will, or should I say Spike?” Buffy said with a huge grin on her face.

“That really never is gunna go away is it?” William groaned with a smile.

“With Xander and Jonathan having come up with it? Never.”

“Didn’t think so.”

“You got to admit, it goes with the whole bad boy look you got going for ya. And might I say that scar above your eye adds too it too. By the way I’ve been meaning to ask you, where exactly did you get that from?”

“One day I got shoved into the flag pole. Bashed my head on the thing pretty good too. Had to get five stitches.” Buffy visible winced as she heard the tale,

“Ouch. I’m sorry.”

“Nah, I’m used to it pet. No use in dwelling on the past now is there?”

“I guess not. Well…I shall see you tomorrow.”

“Definitely. I’ll pick you up in the morning so we can walk to school together like we usually do. Where we can walk to our classes together like we usually do,” Will joked with a smile, which made Buffy laugh,

“See ya.”

“Bye.” With that the two blondes turned away from each other and headed up the separate paths that led to their separate houses, where they went to their separate rooms. Although being in separate places they still managed to think the same thing,

What a day.
Worth It by Peanut Butter
Author's Notes:
Here's that second chapter. I am running out of ideas here, I know where I want to story to go, just don't know how to get there. So please ideas would be greatly appriciated. This time I also want to try to get more than 8 review for one chapter, that's the highest so far for this story and I'd like to make that number go up.
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.


The next morning William was up and ready almost an hour before he had to leave, so he settled with pacing back and forth throughout his room trying to figure out what he was going to say when he went over to pick up Buffy,

“Hey Buffy!” He spoke in an overly cheery voice. No, it’d make her think I was on drugs or high on something.

“Hey…Buffy, How’s it hangin’?” He said slowly, dragging the sentence out.

“Buffy, Hi. I had a nice time yesterday,” he said with a huge, fake smile. A nice time doing what? This is how he spent his time until he had to go next door.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

While William was practicing his welcoming line, Buffy on the other hand was raiding her closet for ‘the perfect outfit’. She’d gotten up an hour early hoping that it would give her time to calm her nerves, and now was thankful for it too, even if she was using that extra time just to find an outfit. She could worry about her nerves later. Finally after what seemed to be the millionth outfit she tried out, Buffy settled with a pair of black dress pants, a lavender tank top with a white men’s long-sleeved button shirt over it with only the bottom two buttons done up and the sleeves rolled up to just below her elbow. Then on her feet she had white high-heeled strappy sandals. After fixing her hair and makeup she took a quick look into the mirror to see the over all outcome when the bell rang. Breathe Buffy, just breathe. She thought as she headed down the stairs to the front door.

When she finally opened the door she was faced with a Spike that happened to look even more nervous than she felt, and after seeing that she remembered that he had never been in a situation like this before, but then neither had she, though she knew she would have to be the one to take charge here. So she gave him a smile and a ‘hey’ as she shut the door behind her, trying to make him relax some, which thankfully he did.

The two started walking side-by-side towards their school in silence, neither making a sound. After having made a tough decision in her head, Buffy slipped her hand into and started,

“So I was thinking instead of hanging out at Xander’s house Sunday, I thought maybe we could all go see a movie. What do you think?” she spoke, as if nothing was going on. When she turned her head to see his face, she saw him with a look of great confusion on his face, and gave him a small, quite shy smile. To which he returned with a smile of his own and giving her hand a gently squeeze as they continued walking.

“That sounds good to me, luv.”

“Good, because I was hoping we could see ‘House of Wax’, that is if you don’t mind.”

“What? And skip out on a chance to have you all scared and frightened in my arms?”

“We’ll see about that,” Buffy replied with a grin, as they turned the corner into the courtyard.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The gang was gathered in their usually spot chatting about nothing of real importance,

“I’m telling you Wonder Woman would so kick his tooshy!” Willow half shouted.

“No way, Batman has that cool utility belt and could totally destroy Wonder Woman,” Xander defended.

“Spiderman would kick both their asses,” Jonathan added, in turn they replied,

“No way.”

“Never.”

“Not a chance!”

“All I am saying is…Buffy and Spike are holding hangs,” Xander spoke, not finishing his earlier statement. Soon everyone was turning to see, even Oz. Sure enough they saw Buffy and Spike holding hands and laughing as they walked their way.

“She actually did it,” Jonathan said amazed.

“Not quite,” Oz stated simply, and when everyone turned to look at him he said, “He’s got to say he loves her.” To which Xander scoffed at.

“That’s right! I forgot about that part,” Jonathan said as if he had just discovered a million dollars.

“Forgot what?” Spike said as they had now gotten within hearing distance. Everyone gave Jonathan a ‘you better not tell him’ look, and then he replied slowly,

“Oh…uh…that……..Batman has a utility belt.”

“Batman? Stupid ponce, he is. All he does is swing on ropes and wear a cape. Now Wonder Woman, there’s a super hero.”

“Ha! See I told you Wonder Woman could beat Batman!” Willow said smiling.

“I like Snoopy,” Buffy simply stated, with a nod of her head. After receiving funny looks from almost everyone, Tara spoke,

“Snoopy i-isn’t a s-super hero sweetie.”

“Well he could be,” Buffy said with a determined facial expression, then continued, “I mean come on, he is so cute that no one would want to hurt him.”

“She’s got a point,” Oz answered, “but then he could use his cuteness against us and go evil.”

“No not Snoopy!” Willow exclaimed.

“Don’t worry Red, I don’t think we’ll have to worry about any evil Snoopys anytime soon,” Spike reassured her.

“Oh thank goodness.” Just then the bell signaling that they had to begin the school day rang. Buffy turned to Spike, who she happened to still be holding hands with, and asked,

“Walk me to class?” Spike just smiled at the memory of how jealous she had become yesterday over him walking Drusilla to class,

“Of course luv.” Then they headed towards the school, not even saying goodbye to the rest of the gang. Just a couple of feet away from the entrance, Drusilla stepped in front of the blonde pair, not noticing or if she did she didn’t acknowledge that the two were holding hand,

“Walk with me my Dark Prince,” She said looking at Spike and holding her hand out to him.

“Sorry, but I’m already walking with Buffy,” Spike replied giving Buffy a smile. When Dru turned her face to Buffy, she saw an annoyed look dawning the blonde’s face. Then turning back to Spike she said,

“But she is of little importance. Now be a good boy and come with Princess,” Drusilla said showing no expression in her features, reoffering him her hand.

“I said no Dru,” Spike insisted.

“Are you saying you’re dumping me for some,” Dru tilted her head toward Buffy, “some ditzy Californian blonde?”

“We were never together, I only walked you to class,” Spike spoke with disbelief. This bint is off her rocker. Thinkin’ we were going out an all. “And if you must know, yes I’m going with Buffy.”

“But…what…how…why…but…” Dru rambled to herself, she was not used to not getting her way, and she didn’t like it. So she stormed off in the other direction. I will have Spike one way or another; this is just going to take me sometime.

“Sometimes I wonder why they let her into the school. Shouldn’t she be like in an asylum or something?” Buffy thought aloud.

“I guess the level for normalcy is drastically low,” Spike replied with a smile, “now let’s get you to class.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“So Buffy, uh… I was wondering if you could…well…maybe help me find a dress for Winter Formal this weekend?” Willow unsurely questioned, from her seat across their table in the cafeteria.

“Sure I guess I could help you,” she replied with a small frown.

“Why such the long face goldilocks? Ain’t found you dress yet?” Spike asked with humor, but was soon elbowed in the gut by Xander, “What was that for?!” he hissed at the brunette. But before Xander had time to reply Tara lent in front of him and pulled Spike’s head down so she could whisper in his ear,

“Buffy isn’t going,” when she got a confused look from the blonde she continued, “she doesn’t have a date, no one has asked her.”

After hearing that he bolted upright in his seat, smacking his elbow on the side of his chair in the process, but he really didn’t care. Right now he was debating whether or not he should ask Buffy to the dance. Running his fingers through his short hair he ran the idea through his head. Looking up at everyone at the table, who happened to have changed the subject and were busily chatting away. Oz was taking Willow, which was of no surprise to anyone. Jonathan had asked Tara, because he knew she wouldn’t judge him, and Tara had happily agreed. That way they didn’t have to go through the awkward moments that appear when you’re out with someone you don’t know that well. Xander, well he had surprisingly got the courage and asked Anya Jenkins, who had, again surprisingly, said yes.

Then his eyes landed on Buffy. There she was smiling and laughing at something someone had said. Within those few seconds his mind was made. He thought of all the embarrassing dancing, the dressing up, almost every reason he had for never going to a school dance. It would definitely be worth it.