Borne With a Curse by ArykaLinn
Summary: Buffy was living the rockstar life, drugs and sex, minus the fame, before she was turned into a vampire. She was borne into the unlife with a soul. Can a sexy Watcher William Pratt help her? WIP will become NC-17, has journal entries to Giles. Come and read!
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 12789 Read: 5419 Published: 06/28/2006 Updated: 06/30/2006

1. La Vida Loca by ArykaLinn

2. Same Song and Dance Pt1 by ArykaLinn

3. Same Song and Dance Pt2 by ArykaLinn

4. Heartstopping by ArykaLinn

La Vida Loca by ArykaLinn
Author's Notes:
Okay, so starting off with a new fic :-D Tell me what you think. I need a beta as well, so if you're interested, let me know. And I need reviews, they are the fuel of my muse. So help a girl out here. Any suggestions, just let me know ;)

Aryka.
Entry the first....

Dear little four-eyed man in tweed...Okay, so I get how you want to pick my brain, vampire borne again with a soul by default? Yeah that's a little weird. And the thing with Mr. Pratt...I can totally explain how a man trained to hate vampires would want to develop a relationship with one...Well in all honesty I can't...But to sit me in an all white room? I mean seriously, the lack of color in here is making me go a little crazed. But it's alright I guess considering the circumstances...So I guess you want to know what happened, right? Why I am the way I am? Honestly I don't know why. I just wish you'd quit staring at me. You've been cleaning your glasses for so long I can hear the squeaking.

Haha. I just threw your glasses across the room, watching you scramble to pick them up was kind of funny. Just because I have a soul doesn't necissarily make me nice ya know? I guess I'll explain the soul thing to the best of my ability, so when little-men-in-tweed Jr's read this, they'll understand a little more of how I'm feeling. Little deputies in tweed. I like that a lot more then watchers in training. I'm so calling Wes Little Deputy. I know you'd laugh at that even though you try not to encourage me. It'll be our little secret. Okay, so I feel remourse for bad things I do right? But with the demon in me, I'm compelled to do wrong. So it's kind of a lose-lose situation, either way I'm pissing off some part of my body. So for the most part I decide to do what the white hat part of my body tells me to do (for those who are "Buffy Speak" illiterate, that means my soul) because when I piss off my soul, it's the more bitchy part of me. I personally don't like to sit around and cry all the time. I'd be all broody like inmate No. 33872...Or I call him Angel.

So you're giving me dirty looks now. Asking why I've stopped typing. I'm starting to think about the night I was turned. Man I was fucked up...I guess you wanna hear about it though right? Big story in this vampiress' life? Well I'll type this up if you promise to let me see him again soon. Please Giles....

It all started when I was jamming in my car to some Face to Face....

*************************************************************************************************

August 19th, 1999

It's all right
Everything is fine
You live the perfect life
Never one immoral thought inside your mind

What they say
Does it make you feel ashamed?
Isn't everyone the same?
Does it matter that it wasn't your idea
God is a man
You know for certain
The knowledge in and of itself
Is more than we deserve

So you've tried
And you've made up your mind
Something's still not right
The devil you don't know is still outside


The music blared in Buffy's ears as she sped down Mainstreet. She was doing 93 in a 25 and normally, there would be a little voice in one's mind that would say that it wouldn't be right to be going that fast, too dangerous, or you might get pulled over, but with the cocktail of drugs Buffy had done that night, mixing uppers and downers such as pot and cocaine, the voice had lost itself somewhere along the line. In actuality, the voice had all but dissapered for Buffy Summers. Once the captain of the cheerleading squad, took a wrong turn somewhere in her freshman year. She often wished that she had a good reason, like her Dad molested her, or her Mom died, but the blonde realized there was no rationalizing her addictions. The blue and red lights flashed behind her black DeSoto as the cop sped to keep up with the small 18 year old girl.

"Fuck." Buffy muttered as she took a slow drag of her ciggarette, slowing down to pull over.
When she came to a complete stop on the side of the road, Buffy rolled down her window, casually making smoke rings as she waited for the police officer to cautiously stroll up to her car. The tobacco burned her throat in the most pleasant way, soothing her frazzled nerves. Too many drugs, she thought. Buffy sighed desperately.

"License, registration, and proof of insurance." The officer stated professionaly, eyeing the girl carefully. Buffy smirked as she looked up with her practiced 'deer in headlights' gaze.
"Is there a problem officer?" She asked in an innocent voice. As soon as the words flew from her lips Buffy realized she shouldn't have spoken as the police officer could tell that this girl was on something. Ha, if he only knew Buffy thought. The slurring, high as a kite speech patterns probably gave her away.
"Can you step out of the vehicle please?" He asked her, flashing his little light into her car, stopping right into her eyes. She could practically feel her pupils attempting to dialate....Or maybe they were already dialated but confused on what to do with this annoying blue suit trying to tap into her personal life.

"Fuck." Buffy repeated, but shrugged off the cop's intentions as she took another long drag of her ciggarette, tossing it out of the window, towards the angry, glaring cop. In one swift movement she opened her door, bashing it into the police officer's genetals, scrambling to get out of the car. She was damned lucky that this police officer was doubled over in pain and that he didn't have a partner with him. Buffy brought a tiny, but powerful foot up and kicked the cop's neck. The cop's head made a sickening crack as it made contact with the ground. Blood pooled around him quickly and she could even smell the metallic nature of the blood in the air. The dark red liquid stained the concrete.

"Shit!" She yelled into the nights air, thrusting her fists to the sky and pacing around for a few moments. Buffy was tired of dealing with her moral dilemmas. She reached down and grabbed the radio off of the cop's shoulder. "Uh...Officer down?" She said into it, unsure of herself. She threw the black electronic back down into the sticky red liquid before taking off down the street, running down alley ways, weaving in and out of parking lots, ignoring the catcalls of the homeless men and women. Finally after running for what seemed about a half hour, she couldn't run anymore, her lungs felt like they were on fire, burning deep into her chest. Sweat poured from almost every inch of her as she fought to catch her breath. She sunk down onto the ground and buried her head in her hands.


"Aw..Poor lil dolly." She heard a voice from the darkness of the alleyway. "All dressed up but nowhere to go. The beating is horrifyingly fast dolly. I want to dance all night to this girls rhythm. Ms. Edith told me to give you hellos and have a lil looksey."

Buffy looked up as this woman came into view, raising an eyebrow as she saw the ravenhaired beauty. She internally scoffed at the loonie freak in front of her. She didn't look or smell homeless... "Who the hell are you?" She called out to the stranger. If Buffy hadn't ran herself to the brink of exhaustion, she would have stood, prepared to protect herself. But alas, all she could do was sit and not care what might be in store for her.

The woman made clicking noises with her tongue. "Tsk tsk, shhhush 'lil dolly or there shall be no tea and crumpets for you. Mummy will come to you. No worries of your pretty 'lil head. The woman fisted a large amount of the velvety fabric of her skirt before kneeling next to Buffy, who was now seemingly paralyzed with the drugs coarsing through her veins. "Oh, my 'lil dolly has been a naughty 'lil one. The blood shall be sweetened with a tid bit of sugar I suspect." She laughed menicingly before her features shifted. Her once beautiful brown eyes bore a yellowish color and the skin around them grew into more prominent bumpy layers of skin. Buffy internally screamed, almost as if she were trapped inside of her own body. Move damnit! She screamed to herself, but to no avail as this strange woman sank her teeth into Buffy's neck. All she remembered the next time she woke up was the horrible pain shifting throughout her entire body as she could feel the blackness engulfing her.

Memories from her childhood flashed within her mind, going so fast almost becoming a blur. She saw her mother crying over her coffin and Buffy felt her stomach tie in knots with remorse over her past decisions. I love you mommy... Were Buffy's last thoughts before silently going into the longest sleep of her short life. No "Why me?" or "I'm to young to die." Buffy realized that she had a life, and she had wasted it. She was almost happy that she was dying. She could no longer hurt those around her. A feeling of peace floated through her. She only could have wished it would have lasted.


*************************************************************************************************


So you see, I think a part of the reason I didn't let go of my soul when I died was because I accepted my fate. I didn't scream, although the drugs pretty much took care of that. My body was pumping blood way too fast, I probably would have died of a heart attack that night anyways. Because running so long was shifting the drugs through my system way too fast anyways. I didn't see Drusilla for a while after that. Although I did sense her for a little while, I could also tell when she left Sunnydale. You Watchers are supposed to know your stuff, but really, you should have had a Slayer in Sunny-D instead of William the Watcher while Drusilla was in town. She killed so many young people it made me sick everynight. The fact that after some time I was able to kill vampires and the entire time I could have sensed her out if I tried, I mean really really tried. But I never did. I remember a little from when I came to my unlife. I remember an agonizingly horrible pain as my soul and demon duked it out when I awoke. I remember screaming as hard as my lungs would allow. I remember the dirt flowing freely into my mouth after the first punch aimed at the coffin. The panic, the fear, the anger. I wanted to stay dead, wanted to be dead. I could already sense I was unnatural. And I wanted to be back into the ground. I remember having an urge to just lay there forever. But all of my screaming convinced me otherwise. I think that's how I attracted Will towards my grave. I think he could hear me.

*************************************************************************************************

August 24th, 1999


Buffy's final frantic punch went through the top of the soil as she grasped for the blades of grass to help pull her out of the coffin. She lifted her head out, coughing up the dirt that had attempted to embed itself in her lungs as she stepped on top of her coffin for leverage to pull herself out. She sobbed uncontrollably, pulling herself out, grunting with each failed attempt at using a handfull of grass. Buffy finally plopped out onto the ground, facing up still screaming. "What the hell am I?" She called out into the night's sky. Everything was clearer. She could hear the worms in the ground that were trying to fight their way into her coffin to hopefully feed upon her flesh. She could hear the scurry of animals in the woods all around her. She could hear and smell a human stepping slowly towards her. Buffy wasn't sure how she could tell it was a human, but something, the saltiness of the skin she could almost taste, the excitement, the anxiety. She could feel it all rolling off of whoever tried to come up to her. Buffy felt the urge to jump on the upcoming human, sucking him or her dry of blood. The thought alone made Buffy turn around on all fours, retching up what little she had in her stomach.

"Don't move." Buffy heard an englishman's deep voice and she froze, looking up at the crossbow he held in his hands. She was instantly struck with his gorgeous looks. His platinum blonde hair was spiked up and messy and the black tank top he was wearing had a rip in the abdomen, rushing fresh blood through the open wound and onto his hard rock abs. The fact that she wanted to lick every drop of his delicious blood off of his gorgeous body made her stomach lurch once more. Buffy lowered her head, sobbing even more, she would never again enjoy the touch of a man. If she had the chance, she still wouldn't let herself. "What the hell am I?"

"Vampire, the Undead, Blood sucking feind from beyond the grave...Whichever you prefer." He said simply with a smirk circling the vampiress as she stumbled up to her feet.

"What if I don't prefer any? I don't want to hurt anybody." She said, furiously wiping at the tears that were staining her cheeks.

For a moment William Pratt, Watcher extrordinaire was taken aback by this poor girl...vampire He corrected himself. She really seemed to not be all evil and bumpy and whatnot. The thought scared him a bit and he shifted the crossbow to ready himself in case of an attack.

Buffy could taste his fear and saw the slight movement of the crossbow. She simply sat down on her knees, head facing the ground. "Do it." She muttered.

Will raised a scarred eyebrow for a moment before dropping the crossbow into one hand, holding it parallel to his knee. "What the hell is wrong with you, you bloody chit?" He scratched the back of his head before continuing. "You're supposed to be up and attacking me. Getting one with the bumpies. Grr!" He yelled hopping forward. Buffy did nothing but sit there. "Either you do it now, or I'm going to fall asleep and let the sun do it."

Will sensed something was off about this vampire. "Alright goldilocks, up you go." He said, grabbing one wrist and handcuffing it to the other with every intention of handing this vamp over to the Watchers Council, or Maggie Walsh. Whoever he could get in touch with first. In the meantime, he had to figure out what he was going to do with the little vampire that could....But wouldn't.
Same Song and Dance Pt1 by ArykaLinn
Author's Notes:
Keep the reviews coming guys!!! Thank you so much!! I'm going to continue to try and post on a daily or every other day basis. Just keep those reviews comin' and the chapters will keep comin! The next few chapters are going to be pretty short, I had to because it was too long (smiles with pride)
Entry Numero Dos....

Okay G-Man. I really really don't get why you're being so lazy. I mean I could be sitting here telling you the tale as you type it up. It's not like I'm the one that has to report this to the council. So for all the council members that read this:

Fuck you!!

Haha. I can just imagine you polishing your glasses as you read that. Possibly a "Dear Lord.." will escape from your lips. Little Deputy came into my cell today. Tried to give me a bag of blood. I snapped at him. He jumped. I laughed. What are you teaching these people? You actually still think I'm dangerous? I mean I could totally break out of these ankle cuffs right now if I felt I would enjoy the perverse pleasure of watching you squirm. Which I would....But you're promising to let me see Will...So here I stay, doing your dirty work. Once Will was dragging me back to his casa I had passed out from lack of eating. Apparently all fledglings need to eat once they rise. I guess they don't let you read the "How to Care for Your Fledgling" handbook in Watcher School. When I woke up and saw him there...I dunno how to explain how I felt. Scared? That might be a good word for it. Yeah. I like scared...


_______________________________________________________________________________________________


Unable so lost
I can't find my way
Been searching, but I have never seen
A turning, a turning from deceit

Cos the child roses like
Try to reveal what I could feel

I can't understand myself anymore
But I m still feeling lonely
Feeling so unholy

Cos the child roses like
Try to reveal what I could feel
But this loneliness
It just won't leave me alone

I'm fooling somebody
A faithless path to roam
Deceiving to breath this secretly
This silence, a silence I can't bear

Cos the child roses like
Try to reveal what I could feel
And this loneliness
It just won't leave me alone
And this loneliness,
It just won't leave me alone, ohh no

A lady of war




Buffy's eyes slowly fluttered open. She smelled mold and dirt, it was tingling the back of her throat causing her to cough violently. Where the hell am I? Buffy struggled to remember the night before. Oh yeah...That's right. Dug out of a coffin, Mr. Sex-On-Legs chained me in his basement, I passed out. Her eyes focused, allowing her to see in the pitch black room. At first glance she saw an outline of a man. Once she gained all ability to see, she noticed that it was the same man from last night, sitting back, stake in one hand, book in the other. He was fast asleep. "So much for being on guard." She muttered before rattling the chains that held her arms raised. "Wake up!" She yelled out.

Buffy had to hand it to him, the man didn't even jump. Maybe a muttered "Bugger." Or some other fancy british swear word, but it was all the same to her. He slowly raised an eyebrow, placing the stake and book on the dusty ground next to him. "You seem like you're in a much better mood today."

Buffy shrugged, the chains rattled with her movement. "Well, being chained in a dirty basement sure cheers me up...It wouldn't kill you to clean you know."

Will simply snorted. "It wouldn't kill you to shut your gob." He fired back, looking pointedly at the stake resting on the ground. A low laugh erupted in the back of Buffy's throat.

"You gunna spike me with your twig?"

"It's called a stake, twigs are tiny. This," He said, holding the stake in his flat palm, "is big and manly. And yes, sooner or later, I am going to stake you. I'll see to it that the people I'm givin' you to let me." He snorted and leaned back cockily into his metal chair. His platinum blonde hair shone in the darkness, and for a moment, Buffy was transfixed by his beauty.

"Yes...It is so huge. Biggest one I've seen Yet. And I like spike better. Staking sounds so...Mid-Evil?" She laughed at her own lousy play on words. "I dub thee, Spike of Sunnydale."

Spike rolled his eyes. "Bleedin' Bitch." He muttered as he reached for the journal and pen laying next to the chair.

"You might as well spike me now. I really really would prefer if you did. The whole 'stay in the dark' thing? Totally not my scene. A pale Buffy is a grumpy Buffy...Vampires can't go into the sunlight can they?"

Spike grunted with frustration. "Shut your trap! It's staking and no, you can not go into the sunlight. And another no! You can not be staked 'till I feel like it. Once you answer my questions I'll happily kill you."

Buffy silenced herself at that. Freedom will come once Mr. Holier-than-thou is finished giving his little survey. Buffy thought to herself.

"So Buffy, tell me about your human life?" He asked, glasses propped properly on the bridge of his nose, pen and paper in his hands. He looked like a therapists. Human Buffy had her fair share of those...

"Lived in LA 'till my parents got divorced. Then came to the wonderful world of Sunnydale. Did a lot of drugs in my day. The night I turned got into a bit of trouble with the cops, some crazy lady bit me on the neck, and here I stand before you. The end." She said sarcastically, hoping the breif life story sated him, she really hated talking about herself.

Spike noticed the vampire looked especially anxious. He added that to his notes.
"What are you feeling right now?" He asked with an intense gleam in his eye.

Buffy rolled her own before scoffing. "You sound just like a damn shrink. What am I feeling, O let me count the ways..." She looked thoughtful for a moment before continuing, her anger bubbling inside of her. "I feel hungry first off, but I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to eat. The idea of drinking someone's blood, actually killing someone, deffinantly gives me the wiggins. I'm scared because I don't know whats happening to me, something inside of me is roaring, it wants to be freed, yet another thing inside is screaming as well, not the angry type but the more 'woe is me' type. I miss my family, I have nothing going for me. Who the fuck is going to hire someone that can only work nightshifts and from time to time has to leave work to go to the butchers to get a little bit of blood?!" Her voice raised and soon she was screaming. "I don't like you sitting there taking note of every fucking word that pours from my mouth cuz it makes me a little nervous. I don't know who you are. I'm chained in some random basement. I haven't had anything this weird happen to me even when I was tripping on mushrooms! Which by standards is pretty damned weird!"

Spike did nothing but nod his head and continued to write.

"Stop that!" She screamed and lashed out her leg, desperately trying to knock the book out of his hand. Spike looked up momentarily before giving a smirk and slowly moving his seat back a few inches, out of leg reach. "So...You don't want to kill anyone?" He asked, internally laughing hysterically, enjoying the psychological torment.

_______________________________________________________________

A few hours later, and Buffy was fuming from all the questions he had thrown her way. They revolved around the same basic area. Why didn't she want to kill? Buffy thought for a while, asking herself the same thing. "Well now that I'm a vampire...Shouldn't I be all gung-ho with the killing spree?" She asked innocently. She honestly wasn't a fan of the vampire novels/movies when she was alive. She knew the basics, vampires eat people, can die via pointy wooden stick and sunlight. Buffy scrunched up her features in what was known as her 'yuck' face. "I don't have to sleep in a coffin do I?"

Spike rubbed his eyes tiredly, sighing to himself. "No, you don't have to sleep in a bloody box. And yes, I am trying to figure out why you don't want to hurt anyone."

"That's not true. When you were all with the question-asking, I was pretty set on hurting myself." Buffy stated with a smile. She started to shift her body making the chains come to life once more. Spike took a step back and Buffy simply rolled her eyes. "I'm not attempting to hurt you, you big baby." She muttered. "These chains are giving my arms less then cuddly hugs. I'm all sore."

Spike smirked before stepping towards the stairs, lifting up a mug that said 'Best Dad Ever.' Buffy could smell the sweet aroma of blood. She licked her lips in anticipation before inwardly making the 'yuck' face once more. "Pigs Blood." He told her softly before stepping within inches of her, letting her sip the blood through a pink crazy straw.

Buffy hesitated a moment before lowering her lips to the straw, her mouth salivating at the prospect of her meal. The first drop entered her mouth with a burst of flavor. Not actual flavor, it tasted metallic, really. It was more metaphorical. It was life, it was sustinance, it was beautiful. Buffy locked eyes with Spike as she greedily sucked down the cool pig's blood, imagining it was his neck she had sunk her teeth into. It wasn't an "I'm gunna kill you," bite, more or less a "Oh god this is great sex," bite. Spike's eyes quickly darted to the floor once he noticed Buffy's lust filled gaze, scanning the dusty cement, looking at anything and everything besides Buffy. When the vampiress finally sucked down the last drop, making those slurping noises at the bottom of the cup, she pulled away and licked her lips clean. "Well that was sufficently gross." She murmered before looking at the cup once more. "Your a dad?" She asked him.

Spike looked up, a flash of remorse and great pain filled his glorious features. "Was." He stated simply. "Vampires." He looked back down, suddenly very interested in his own choice of footwear, scratching the back of his head. Buffy nodded at him, feeling a pang of guilt fill her stomach. Before she knew it, Spike had lifted a key out of his black jeans and began to unlock the cuffs.

"I can go?" She asked him.

"No, but you can be free to move around the basement. I don't fancy listenin' to your yappin' for the better part of my evening. I'll bring down a cot. The door will be locked. You're stayin' here 'till I can get ahold of the Watcher's Council, have them run some tests."

Suddenly Buffy was very greatful. As the first chain unlocked it's hold on her tiny wrist she sighed as her arm dropped heavily to her side. When the other came crashing down she silently rubbed her wrists before walking to the corner and sitting in the dark. The last thing she heard was Spike's foot steps retreating up the stairs. He paused momentarily. "I'll bring you more food in a while. Gunna do some research first." Then just like that, the door opened, closed and locked in a matter of seconds. Once again, Buffy was by herself.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________


Spike sauntered into the living room, silently switching on the lamps as he made his way to his dark wooden desk. He slowly picked up the phone and dialed the number to Travers. He hated his bloody ponce of a boss, thought he was a big girl about everything. Didn't even approve when he had married the Sla-Spike shook his head clear of the thoughts of his late wife. Spike's calloused fingers moved automatically, pressing all the correct buttons that would get him in touch with the Council of great big poofs. A few shril rings filled his ear before a gruff voice mumbled something. "Travers." The voice on the other line stated, sleep softening the edges of his usually hard voice.

"It's Sp-William." bloody bitch fillin' my head with these damn nicknames.

"What can I do for you William? You do know it is very very early in the morning." The man said, sounding quite aggrivated.

Spike smiled at that, he loved pissing off Travers. "'S important. Got me here a vampiress that is all soul-having." He stated matter-of-factly.

There was a breif pause before Travers spoke. "Are you quite sure?"

"Well wouldn't fight back, wanted me to stake her, said the idea of killing someone gave her the 'wiggins.' Plus there was lots of crying and whatnot. So what should I do? I don't want her stayin' here. Her tears are markin' up the floor...Plus you know how I feel about vampires."

"Yes, William, I am very aware of your situation. Run a few tests on the girl, spar with her, write down her story, then do what you will with her. It is of no consiquence to me. If she has a soul, leave her be, technically we are not covered with the Powers over killing something with a soul. That would be on your karma."

"Believe in Karma do we now mate? That's wildly ironic." He said sarcastically.

"You would do well to remember who you are talking to Mr. Pratt. Please be reminded that you are no longer active Watcher since Cecily and Elizabeth's death."

"And you would do well to remember that if you bring them up again, I will personally fly myself to London to kick your poncy arse, mate." Spike said, his fury bubbling over.

"I would love to see you try...Mate. I would have you locked up before anything cocky would come from your pretentious mouth. I am inviting Rupert Giles to stay in Sunnydale. We still must find our new called Slayer. How long has it been William?"

Spike was quiet for a moment before he heard Travers clear his throat on the other end. "57 days."

"Very well. We haven't much time. In the meantime, figure out what the story is behind our little vampiress. Maybe we could make something usefull out of her."

"Useful? Such as?" Spike questioned. He started to hear thumping coming from the basement. A chain rattling and grunts coming from the tiny vampiress in the basement. "Hold on a moment." Spike walked to the basement and opened the door. "Shut up, I'm on the bloody phone!" He shouted down the stairs before returning to his desk. "I'm here." He heard more thumps but chose to ignore it.

"Such as using her as our eyes and our ears into the vampire world. If she truely is ensouled, it is for a reason. The team will research here in London, whilst I suggest you get that little redheaded witch to preform a spell to see if a soul is really what is in store."

"Her name is Willow."

"Whatever. I am going to retire now. Good evening Mr. Pratt." Travers said before Spike hung up the phone. THUMP! Spike cursed to himself before heading into the kitchen to get a bag of blood from the fridge and retreated down the rickety steps of the basement.


_____________________________________________________________________________________

Buffy's hand connected with the punching bag, landing the blow with a hard clap. She smiled in triumph as the bag split open even more, revealing it's stuffing. Buffy walked back to the table where the duct tape was sitting. She picked it up and tossed it in either hand as she heard the footsteps. She looked up and saw the image of Spike quickly moving down the stairs, making more noise with his clunky boots then she was with the punching bag. Buffy rolled her eyes before heading back to the bag and executing a perfect roundhouse kick. The bag flew up and touched the ceiling with the momentum of the blow. Buffy started wiggling her thighs, thrusting her two pointer fingers in the air as a victory dance. She turned and saw Spike staring at her, laughter gleaming in his eyes. "I...I could never do that before." She said, feeling the need to explain herself. Spike threw his hands up in the air, "Vampire strength. If you are truely ensouled, that could be put to good use."

Buffy's eyebrows furrowed. "Is that what you want?"

Spike stared into her large green eyes for a moment. "No." He said simply before setting the bag down on the stairs and walking forward. He stood so close to her, only mere inches away. She could feel his blood pumping through is veins, his heart beating rapidly as he looked down on the tiny vampiress. "I'd rather..." He said slowly, his voice grew husky. Spike tilted his head and bit his lip. "I'd rather stake you right now. But 's not what the council wants." Buffy shoved him back with a little more force then she anticipated and he flew back, hitting the punching bag. To her surprise he was laughing. "Just waitin' for you to make one mistake 'luv, then your ass is mine."

"You keep 'my ass' out of your mouth, do you hear me?" She shouted then thought for a moment. "That came out a lot worse then I meant for it to."

Spike nodded and before she knew it he was on top of her, his fist flying at a remarkable speed, heading towards her face. Buffy blocked it with ease, knocking his arm to the side of her, leaving her plenty of room to land a hard blow to his cheek. Spike's body was thrown back a few staggering feet. He looked at her, shocked. Not shocked that she hit back, more or less shocked at her strength. "What'd you do that for?!" She yelled at him.

Spike shrugged, walking back towards her, his fists raised in a defensive position. "Fists and fangs luv, it's called sparring." He flew a large hand at her face and she ducked, sweeping her foot into his own, tripping the man. Buffy jumped on top of him, strattling his torso. "Does this mean I win?" Spike cursed.

"Bloody bitch." He brought his legs up to grab the vampiress around the neck in a scissor lock. He flipped her so she was down on the ground, raising his hand and bringing it down on her chest as an imaginary stake. "Poof." He said with a laugh before he started to stand.

Buffy tripped him once more and chuckled when he landed on his behind. "Well if I were bad, you'd be drained as soon as I was on top of you."

"Would not."

"Would too." Buffy smiled and walked to the stairs, Spike jumped up and followed her. "Relax Sparky, just kinda hungry is all." She said as she scooped up the bag and walked back into the middle of the basement. Spike nodded and walked up to the stairs.

"'M callin' one of my mates. She's gunna come over and check you out. Make sure you really are with the soul-having."

Buffy said nothing as she vamped out and tore into the bag.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________


Willow walked into the Pratt resident on Revello drive, attempting to balance the two large and very full paper bags in her tiny arms. Spike ran to the door and held it open. "Thank you for comin' Red."

Willow smiled from underneath her floppy purple hat. "No big. Love to work the mojo. Tara would have came but she's kinda tired." Spike simply smiled as he shut the door behind her. "So do you really need all this stuff for the spell?"

Willow laughed and set a bag into Spike's arms. "No, silly. These are groceries, for you. I just need to look at her aura." Spike wiggled his eyebrows. "Tara might get mad that you're looking at someone elses...aura." Willow smacked Spike on the arm before following him into the kitchen.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Buffy shifted once more, uncomfortable in the chains that Spike had once again set her up in. "I'm not going to bite her!" She shouted at him. Spike moved out of the way to reveal a mousy redhead, who was staring at her with a deep intensity. Almost looking through her. "And I'm not taking that chance." He spat back out at her.

Willow walked around Buffy for a moment, letting out a few 'ooohs' and a couple of 'uh-huhs.' Buffy rolled her eyes as she felt a small hand flush against her back. "Aw, you're not bad. Not even close." She said, smiling. "'Bout as bad as a big...big fluffy bunny." Buffy attempted to hide her smile from the two, she was supposed to be evil, a bad bad thing. Truth was, she had just met the girl and she already liked her. Willow seemed to be one of the sweetest girls in Sunnydale. Spike groaned and slumped into the chair. "I don't suppose I could stake this one any time soon." Willow turned and looked pointedly at her peroxided friend. "That is a 'no' with a capital N-O." She said, her face shifting into her resolve face. "There is something funky about the soul though. Something...Powerful? She's deffinantly not dangerous. You could let her go."
Spike looked up at the two girls and whined. "But she's a big evil. Anything and everything that is all demony should deserve to be put out of it's hellish misery."

Willow threw a stray stake at Spike who leaned out of the way of her very poor aim. "Dated a werewolf, hello?" She pointed out. "Anyways, she could probably be helpful." The girl said with her eyes brightening. Buffy swayed in her chains and waved a hand. "Hello...She's in the room?"

"Don't remind me." Spike muttered. Buffy lifted a delicate middle finger in his direction while Willow turned a beet red.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So you see, Giles. We actually did hate eachother at first. I was very much smitten with his looks though, although I'm sure you and your band of merry men understand why. But you watcher's did teach him good. Taught him to hate everything that went bump in the night and all that jazz. So for the next few years I lived in a crypt, helped out the Scoobies for a little bit of cash. Me and Spike continued to spar, and my powers continued to grow. There was no word from the new slayer and we really didn't need one. The power of the scoobs was incredible. Then things started to get a little wonky a few months ago when I found my little sister...I guess that's when me and Spike started becoming a bit friendlier as well...
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Buffy walked down the dark streets of Sunnydale, lazilly window shopping and once in a while actually stepping into a shop that was open. Quite a few were open late at night considering Sunnydales large populace of vampires. She fingered the sleek cellphone in her leather jacket, wondering when the bleached wonder was going to call for a little patrol. He seldom patroled without her these days. With her powers growing into something almost out of a dark Grimm Brother's fairy tale. She could smell a demon from a mile away, speak fluently in 29 demon languages, she was twice as strong as any vampire. Buffy was often confused with a master vampire and was becoming a notorious vampire vampire slayer. A force to be reckoned with. She had enjoyed it when she went into Willy's bar and found many demons were frightened of her. Although most were too stupid to be afraid. She didn't mind. She loved a spot of violence. All in all, things seemed to be going pretty well in the vampiress' life.

"B-Buffy?" A familiar shaky voice sounded, knocking Buffy from her thoughts. She spun around, instinctively going for the stake in her breast pocket. A tall, lanky brunnette teenager faced her. Tears welled in both of the girls' eyes. "Dawnie?" She ran to her sister, grabbing for her, holding her in a tight embrace before she could sense air was becoming an issue for the little one.

"Where the hell have you been?" Dawn shouted at her sister. Buffy pulled back a strand of her sister's long hair back behind her ear. "It's a long story sweety. What are you doing out so late? I can't believe Mom is letting you out?"

"Is that all you have to say to me?!" Dawn yelled, attracting the stares of a few passer-bys. "Mom's been dead for nearly a year."


And I knew I was close to you
And I knew
Catch me flying in the sun
Catch me drinking of your wine

Im gonna put something in you
Make the devil feel surprised
All your sisters wanna fly
Around my golden sky
Around my golden sky

Just because you feel, hollow inside its real
Just because you feel, hollow inside its real

Im gonna put something in you
Make the devil feel surprised
Make the devil feel surprised

And I knew I was close to you
And I knew
Catch me flying in the sun
Catch me drinking of your wine
Same Song and Dance Pt2 by ArykaLinn
Author's Notes:
Second part of the chappy. Told you it'd be short. My bad. Just wanted to get it out here by tonight. please review. It keeps my thoughts happy.
Yeah...So found out my Mother had died in the years I was spending with the gang. Also found out Dawnie was living in some random crappy foster home. You know they honestly didn't give a shit about where she was? In SUNNYDALE none-the-less. I wouldn't stand for it. I had to have Dawnie live in a safe environment. Her foster parents only wanted her for the check. So we made a deal. I would take her and we wouldn't tell anyone for the time being, so they could continue to get their checks. I took her to Spike's and he instantly fell into some sort of manly brotherly love type of thing with her. Became very protective. I think she reminded him of his daughter. But he didn't like to talk about that too often. I got him to open up once...But that tale is for a later time. So we were one big happy family. Right as rain. I stayed the night a couple nights a week. Me and Spike still argued all to hell, but at least Dawn had a safe roof over her head. She dealt with my predicament in the normal fashion. You know, the whole five stages. Denial- She wouldn't believe it. I had to go in front of a mirror, put my hand in sunlight. Spike offered to stake me to prove it. A swift punch in the face cleared him of that. Well it cleared him of voiceing that opinion...Then there was the anger. She did the whole door slammy, screechy, 'why why why,' thing for a while. Blamed me, said that if I wasn't on so many drugs that I would have been level headed enough to avoid the situation. She was right. There was the bargaining. Although it was more of her offering to find a spell for us to fix it. Depression...She had dealt with a lot. Mom had died, her sister was technically dead. She cried alot. Finally she got over it and accepted the fate of our tragic family lives. Oh Giles, by the way. If you don't take good care of Dawn...Soul or not...I'll rip your damn head off. Kay? Just so we're clear.



Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
And I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Ooh, ooh ooh
And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time, in this institution
And I pray, oh my god do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination



The distinct ring of her cellphone screamed through the air. It was a personalized ringtone, one Spike himself had recorded for when he called. "It's Spike you damned bint, pick up the bloody phone! Stop whatever unimportant thing your doing and pick up the damned phone! --Dawn be quiet I'm recording a ringtone!" Buffy shook her head and laughed even though she had just been woken up from her sleep. "Hello?" She said gazing over at the alarm clock in her crypt. It was 7:26, the sun should be setting in about 15 minutes.

"Oy, what the hell took you so long to answer the phone?" The familiar angry British voice greeted her.

"Hey to you too, Spike. What's up?"

"Nibblet here wants to know if you want to play a game of Monopoly with us."

"Ugh..I hate Monopoly. I get tired after four hours. It takes forever."

"Well, pet, you do have your entire unlife. So in theory it is wasting more of my precious time then your own."

"I'll come over, but I wont play. You cheat too much."

Spike scoffed on the other line, she could practically imagine what kind of head tilt he would have presented her with this time. "I deny all accusations at this time. Just come over, we'll watch a movie or something. I'm sure just seeing her sister will please the little tyrant."

Buffy laughed. "She's hardly a tyrant Spike. You just give in to whatever she wants."

"I deny all acc-"

"Yeah yeah yeah, I get it. I'll be over in a few. I gotta get dressed and eat. I think I'll stay the night tonight too"

"Yeah okay, I finally put those curtain's up in the guestroom so you don't have to sleep in the basement anymore."

"Cool, thanks. I'll be there in a bit." Buffy said before she abrubtly hung up the phone. The past month had been nice. Minimal fighting between the bleached wonder and herself, Spike had been named legal guardian of her sister. Well that was mostly due to Buffy being officially dead. Deceased sisters qualified of the not-so-motherly. But it was to his insistance. The foster parents didn't like that too much, but when Buffy and Spike threatened to spill all the horrible details that Dawn had told, they turned over 'ownership' of the little one.

Buffy walked to the makeshift closet and picked out an outfit to wear for the night. She had caught herself on quite a few occasions dressing up for Spike, which gave her the wiggins for sure. But with how incredibly homey it had been feeling now with Dawn back she was sure that was the reason. Buffy looked in the mirror at her reflection and blessed any God that was listening that Willow had found a spell so she could see her reflection. Well really she could only see her reflection in the enchanted mirror, and a smaller, pocket enchanted mirror she carried around with her. Her eyes gazed over the tight light blue tank top that revealed just enough cleavage and looked good with her dark blue jeans. Dawn had picked the jeans out. They were tight around the curve of her butt and her thighs, but flared out after the knee. It even had the word 'sassy' written on the back left pocket. Buffy put her hair in a quick messy bun before ascending the latter to the upper level of her crypt. She stopped by the fridge Xander had bought her as a truce present. He was not too pleased when Buffy became part of the Scoobies. But after saving his ass time and time again she was accepted as one of the group. Buffy opened the door of the fridge and noticed that she was out of blood. Frowning, she left for Spike's house.


_______________________________________________________________


"I don't see why you don't just move in here, Buffy." Dawn asked as Buffy heated the pig's blood she found in Spike's freezer. He always kept at least ten packets in for her, whenever she came to stay.

"It's not that simple Dawnie." Buffy said as she pulled her special mug out of the microwave. Spike had bought it for her birthday. He got it personalized for her. 'World's Fluffiest Vampire' Buffy laughed when she had opened her gift, it was a nickname she had aquired over the years. 'Fluffy the vampire vampire slayer.' Buffy looked back on that day with many fond memories. It was one of the first days her and Spike actually got along. But most of the reason behind the gift was to get the nickname Fluffy to stick seeing as how everyone in the Scoobs had gone from calling him Will to Spike in only a matter of months.

Spike strolled in, his hair an ungelled mess. "Whatever you're thinking Niblet...Don't." He said pointing at her. Dawn put her hands up defensively.

"Who was thinking? I sure wasn't." Spike shooed her off of the counter, giving her a 'you know better' look. She rolled her eyes and hopped off.

"Please." Buffy said looking at Spike. "No need to dress up for me." She looked pointedly at him. Spike wore his normal at home attire, no shirt, black jeans, messy hair.

"The problem with women is they just don't appreciate a tight hot body like they used to." Spike went on as he reached into the fridge and grabbed a beer. Behind his back was Dawn rolling her eyes and making a little puppet out of her hand, flapping the mouth up and down. Spike popped open and took a few chugs of the beer.

"I think Buffy should move in with us." Dawn stated matter-of-factly. Buffy shot Dawn a wide eyed glare and Spike nearly choked on his beer. He coughed up a couple of drops and wiped the excess beer off from his lips.

"Not sure if that's such a good idea Niblet." He said slowly. Spike was talking to Dawn but kept his gaze concentrated on Buffy.

"Why not?" Dawn asked. He moved his eyes from Buffy to her little sister. "I don't get to see her as much as I'd like, and she already practically lives here. Besides the fact that when you have to work in the morning, you don't like leaving me at home and she could be here to protect me cuz she can't go anywhere and--Hey what are you doing?!" She started yelling as Spike picked her up and placed her outside of the kitchen. He kneeled in front of the young girl.

"Okay luv, me and big sis have to talk for a little bit, go start the movie, we'll be there in a few." Dawn's smile beamed as she skipped off into the living room.

"Girls." Buffy shrugged akwardly as Spike walked back into the kitchen.

"'S not such a bad idea, pet." He shrugged.

"What? And don't use those British terms of endearment with me when we're talking about me moving in. It'd kinda....Unky."

"Makin' new words are we?" He crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned against the counter.

"Not a new word. Existed for a long long time. You've just never heard of it because you're not as literate as I."

"Is that so?"

Buffy smiled "Uh-huh." She bit her lip before taking a nervous sip from the mug. She grimaced as the blood had now gone cool. It was rather strange how accustomed Spike had gotten to watching her eat. It wasn't even akward anymore. He used to leave the room or make her leave the room when she ate. He was very against spending any time at all with her. Now he wanted her to move in? "I'm not sure if me living here is such a good idea Spike."

Spike raised a scarred eyebrow. "I don't see the bad."

It was Buffy's turn to raise her eyebrow. "First off you don't even like me. Second off....You don't even like me."

"Says who?" He asked innocently.

Buffy and Spike both walked in unison to the small circular table in the corner of the kitchen. "Says the one who says 'Bloody bint,' and 'Daft bitch...' And other randomly inserted bloody and bleedin's before any other swearword."

"Doesn't mean I don't like you."

Buffy sat for a moment, swirling the straw in the pool of blood. She was momentarily mesmerized by the movement. She had gotten used to random strikes of blood lust, but was always able to keep a clear head. So long as nothing interrupted her calming process. It was yet another thing Spike had gotten used to and embraced the fact that she was in all actuality a vampire. He had accepted it and moved on. It took a few years, but it finally happened. She broke her blood lust after a few moments and was able to look into Spike's brilliant blue eyes once more. If nothing calmed her down, looking into his eyes would have done it.

"Listen, pet. The past month with Dawn has been one of the most amazing months I've had in a long while. She's a bloody blessing, that girl. She would love nothing more then to have her big sis stay here. And I'm okay with that."

Buffy listened silently and stayed silent for a few beats longer. "I'm not sure if I can, Spike." She said, wondering whose alien words were coming from her mouth. Why couldn't she stay? One glance up and it was all right in front of her. Irrational emotions flooded the small woman in realization. She had always suspected she had a thing for Spike, but this was ludicris. She kept her feelings to herself...For now. Spike raised himself from the table slowly, if Buffy didn't know better, she would have sworn a small look of hurt had crossed his features. "You think on it, pet. It'd really mean a lot to the bit." He started towards the door before looking back to Buffy. "And to me." And with that he was in the living room, leaving Buffy to her thoughts.
Heartstopping by ArykaLinn
Author's Notes:
Sooo. What do you think? PLEASE REVIEW. I'm not even joking, that's why I keep posting haha. I have been checking my reviews about every 10 minutes. Seeing if I get something new. Kinda short chappy, but I'm tired and wanted to post something :-D
You said I began
This messy state of love affair
And I drink too much and smoke too fast
And this city's cleared my innocence

Coffee is pouring out my ears
It's the only thing they have in here
And my heart stops beating

--Heartstopper, Emiliana Torrini

::Chenille : You can't help who you love, Derek, you're not supposed to.
--Save the last dance
::Juliet: My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me that I must love a loathed enemy.
--Romeo and Juliet



"Down in front!" Buffy shouted as she threw the burnt popcorn at Dawn's head, who was currently kissably close to the television. Very dangerous territory when Leonardo DeCaprio was involved. Dawn pouted and grabbed a pillow, hugging it tightly as she scooted back to the edge of the couch.

"But they have to be together! Juliet totally loves him!" She sighed and slumped down a little more. Buffy looked over at Spike who was currently a little too close for comfort. His leg almost brushed hers as they sat side by side on the couch. Dawn awkwardly made sure of that.
"I mean just because it's against societies rules doesn't make it bad..." Dawn went on, trying to be nonchalant about it, but failing miserably. She looked out of the corner of her eyes keeping her head faced to the T.V. almost nervously.
"But it'll never work." Buffy said, not really sure if she was talking about Romeo and Juliet or something completely different. It was odd when she actually compared the life of Juliet to her own. She was aware that she was in love with Spike, she accepted it, embraced it, bought the t-shirt and then moved on. Wait...I love Spike... She thought to herself, absentmindedly twirling a strand of golden silk hair on her finger. Yeah, I guess that makes sense... "Capulets are bad. Bad bad things. They kill Montagues just because they can get away with it. And just because Juliet is different doesn't mean its gonna work. They'll fight way too much."

Spike raised a scarred eyebrow at her. Buffy was thrown into a whirlwind of memories. She remembered that scar. It was about a week after she was condemned "fluffy-bunny-doe-like," her and Spike had been sparring. Spike threw a jab at her nose, which ultimately pissed Buffy off. The vampiress had grabbed him by the back of his shirt and thrown him into a pile of boxes and 2x4's. There was a lot of bleeding. A lot of bloodlust, and a grand 'ol trip to Sunnydale hospital, where Sunny-D's finest had patched him up and sent him home. Buffy was sure she was going to be staked that night. But Spike didn't mutter a word, just simply retreated to his room and slammed the door. It's almost as he was semi-grateful now for the incident. Said the scar gave him character, made him all manly.
"Luv," Spike interrupted her brain-babble, which was fine and dandy in Buffy's mind. "Even though her kin isn't the best a girl could hope for, Romeo sees what a bloody brilliant bird Juliet is." Spike slowly tilted his head to the side, running his tongue along the edge of his teeth, which Buffy had come to find out that is Spike's way of thinking. Ultimately, by looking unbelievably sexy, Spike's wheels in his brain were able to turn round and round and round. Leaving Buffy to her own thinking. "It would be a lot of work...But at least Romeo is willing to try." He said with a bit more huskiness in his voice then intended.
Dawn looked at both her sister and guardian before glancing at her watch. "Wowee...Look at the time...10:30." She made a great show of stretching as far as her tiny arms would reach and yawning with a mouth a tad too wide. "Whoo, I'm tired...I think I'll go to bed." She said before scurrying off to the safety of her room, leaving the door cracked slightly and her ear peeking out, straining to hear every syllable.

Buffy shifted so she was facing Spike. "But..But they die! All that crap that happens and they both kill themselves. How is that of the working?"

"Wait...What? I thought we were using the movie as a metaphor?" Spike said, confused. He ran a hand through his hair. Buffy threw her hands up.
"Guh! We were! You totally ruined it!" She said before standing up and stomping into the kitchen, Spike hot on her heels. Bloody bird's completely insane.
"So you're saying that if something were to happen between you and me, we'd die?" Spike asked Buffy, who was reaching in the fridge for a packet of blood. She pulled out of the refrigerator, bag in hand, biting off the corner of the plastic and taking a large gulp. She paused momentarily, looking at Spike who was staring waiting for an answer. He didn't even cringe at the blood, he looked as if she were drinking nothing more then a Coke. Buffy sighed and slumped against the counter, shifting slightly at the wood digging into her back.
"Not die...more or less kill eachother."
"Summers, your off your soddin' rocker." Spike growled as he took two large steps across the small kitchen, coming within inches to Buffy's face. "Vampire, I get it. We fight, I know. I just...guh!" Spike threw his arms up and backed away before hovering over her once more. Buffy shrinked back from his angry glare. "I can't help but feel that there's something between us! Ever since Dawn came into our lives! It's like it was bloody meant to be! I mean with you, to be cast such an ugly lot in life and then to rise above it. To seek out better, nobler things. It's inspirational, init? And the two of us...natural enemies, thrown together to stand against the forces of darkness. Utter trust. No thought of you biting me, no thought of me staking you." He said with a slight smirk.

"Spike, I'm not saying that there's nothing. I deffinantly feel...Something." She started before Spike cut her off once more.
"No, stop. You don't know what it's like. To be that close to you and not have you. To be all alone even when you're sitting bloody next to me. You're bleedin' surroundin' me. That scent..." Buffy couldn't believe her ears, he was speaking everything she wanted to hear.She's wanted to hear for so long. She almost pinched herself to make sure she was awake. Spike pressed his cheek against her own, leaning over to whisper in her ear. "You don't know my past Summers. I shouldn't feel this way...Not about a vampire. Not about anyone since Cecily. But I do. God save me but I do."

Buffy brought a shaky hand up, abandoning her blood bag to grasp a hold of the back of Spike's head, running her fingers through the untamed curled mess. "I feel that way every waking moment. Every time we patrol. Every time we play a game with Dawn. I feel it. Straight to my bones I feel it."
Spike pulled back to look at Buffy, he stared into her bright green eyes. Full of such power, passion and life. She was a wild, free woman. Spike reached up and cradled a blonde strand in his fingers, lightly playing with her silken curls. Buffy could feel his hearbeat souring. It was in that moment of clarity, she realized that their first kiss was inevitable. Buffy licked her lips in anticipation as Spike dipped in between them to close the gap. Millions upon millions of butterfies with bat-like wings swooped and scrambled in the pit of Buffy's stomach. The only rational thought racing through her mind was his lips are so soft. Everything else seemed to have simply melted away, like butter sitting in the middle of the Sahara desert. The world ceased to exist in her mind. To her, she was simply a girl, and he was simply a man. No Council, no vampires, no demons. Buffy pressed herself against Spike, rubbing her leg against his growing erection. Spike moaned and began to nibble on her lower lip.
Buffy's knees somehow de-evolved into little knee-shaped jell-o slices. Spike sensed her straining to stay upright, picking her up in his muscular arms he slowly set her on top of the counter. Buffy opened her mouth slightly to allow Spike's probing tongue. Spike brought a hand up to Buffy's perfect mounded breast, caressing it softly. The vampiress tilted her head back and let out a moan, which Spike used to gently kiss from the bottom of her ear to her neck, stopping every so often to lick and nip at the tender skin. He flicked a thumb against her nipple, feeling the skin completely under the sheer fabric of her tank-top. There were still way too many clothes in the way. Spike reached down and grabbed the bottom of her shirt, attempting to lift it up and reveal her precious bre-

RING!!!

"Oh, bugger all!" Spike cursed into Buffy's lips. She pulled away gently as Spike struggled to keep hold.


RING!!!

"Get it." Buffy said softly as she attempted to compose herself. Spike stomped off to the manilla colored phone that was hanging on the wall of the kitchen. He had half the mind to rip it from where it stood, but he knew full well that the 'Bit would have a heart attack.
"What?" Spike said angrily into the phone.
"Kay Mr. Grumpy pants...I'll go elsewhere with my business." The feminine voice pouted on the other line.

"Hey Red." Spike sighed into the phone.

"Am I interrupting something? I'm interrupting. Guess the demon that attacked Xander can wait."

"Wait..What happened. Is the whelp okay?" Spike asked worriedly. Buffy jumped off the counter and walked to where Spike was standing. "What's wrong?" She asked with genuine concern. Spike held a finger up.
"Xander's okay. He was all with the running. Some big blue slimy demon guy. Said he could sense the Slayer on him. Wanted him to take him to her."

"What?" Spike asked incredulously.
"What I'm trying to say is, the Slayer is in town and apparently we have her number."

________________________________________________________

A few hours later they were all meeting at the magic shop. Ran and owned by Spike himself, with a little help from Xander's ex-demon girlfriend Anya. Spike was still semi-grumpy, Buffy noticed as she sat on top of the counter swinging her legs. From time to time she caught him giving her googly-eyes, the looking away like he was suddenly bashful. Buffy found it rather cute.
"Spike, get her away." Anya said coming in from the back. "She is too close to the money. It might become contaminated by some vampire cooties."

Spike rolled his eyes and waited for the whelp to finish his story. "So lemme get this straight. Big blue ball of slime runs into you while your out getting whipped cream--which, you coulda left that part out, mate--doesn't attack you but wants you to bring him to the Slayer...You run and he just lets you go?"

Xander nodded his head. "Yeh-huh. Apparently he thinks we know the Slayer? Which I find kinda odd considering..."

Anya shot Xander a look and Spike looked down at the ground. Buffy instinctively jumped off the counter and paced by the door, feeling as if she really shouldn't be a part of this particular conversation. Spike looked back up to Buffy and shook his head. "It's okay. I think I've gotten past what happened."
"But what I don't get is--Buffy's words were cut off by crashing glass. Shards of jagged window were thrust into Buffy's arms and legs, momentarily knocking her to the ground. Luckily, the Scoobs were too far away to be hurt by the broken window. The blue demon stomped through the hole he had just made, standing as if the mortals should bow before him. Buffy stood and crossed her arms.

"Well speak of the devil. There's a door by the way."

"Slayer." The demon muttered, showing his pointy yellow teeth.
"I speak for us all when I say...Huh?" Buffy said before thrusting a fist into the demon's snout. When pulling back her hand a trail of slime stuck to her knuckles. "Ew gross. I hate trying to wash slime off of me. Gets all sticky." Buffy quipped. She balanced her weight on her left foot, bringing her right up to make contact with the demon's side. She landed the kick with a sickening crack, crashing the demon back into a wall of merchandise.
"Hey!" Anya shouted out, taking a step forward before Xander pulled her back. Spike stepped defensively in front of his friends, ready to protect if the demon got any closer. He was suddenly very grateful that Willow and Tara ageed to look after Dawn while they had the meeting at the house. He was frankly also getting tired of having to rebuild things that he owned. If it wasn't one demon crash landing into his home or the store it was another.
Buffy grabbed a large piece of glass in her hand. The jagged edges cut deep into her skin, but adrenalin was coursing through her too fast for her to notice. The vampiress placed a knee on the demon's torso to hold him down. She placed the glass against his throat. "You're going to tell me what I want to know, got it? Then you're going to give me two good reasons why I shouldn't kill you. These are my favorite jeans and you ruined them with your demony slime-sweat."

The demon coughed up what seemed to be a very large lougie, landing it on Buffy's cheek. She brought her free hand up to clear her face of the disgusting matter. "That is so disgusting. Now, what the hell do you think you're doing with this Slayer nonsense."

Blue guy cocked his head to the side, slithering his snake like tongue through the air, no doubtly this was the way he smelled mystical things. "You're the Slayer."

Buffy sighed and pressed the glass harder into Blue's throat, drawing out a deep green blood from the wound. "Vampire actually."
A hearty laugh came from within Blue's chest. "You can't be both?" He rasped before making an attempt to kick himself free. Buffy just pushed down harder.
"I am not the Slayer!" She yelled. "Tell me what you want!"

"To fulfill the prophecy." Blue noted. "You reek of Slayer. You are a Slayer. One of two. There will be blood."

Buffy thrusted the glass into Blue's throat, making sure the hit counted, taking it's head off. Green blood poured everywhere, soaking her shirt down with the nasty liquid. She stood and turned to the group. "He got all code-like. Sounded like the guy from Saw, I hated that movie."
The gang was at a loss of words. They simply sat and stared.

___________________________________________________

"I am not the Slayer. I don't want to talk about this anymore." Buffy growled as her and Spike entered the dark house. They had been arguing about the night since everyone decided to get together the next day for a full-on Scooby meeting while Dawn was at school. Buffy stomped up the stairs and into her room. Guest room Spike corrected himself, She hasn't agreed to anything yet.

Spike tiredly crossed the room and sat down at the wooden desk. He felt an odd sense of deja-vou. It reminded him of the last time he had to call the Council about Buffy.
Spike dialed the numbers to Travers, the Watcher answered after only two rings. "Travers." The voice on the other line stated.

"It's William Pratt. We have a situation here."

He could hear Travers sighing on the other line. "Yes?"

"It's Buffy. The vampire with a soul? Some demon came into the shop tonight. Crashed the place up bad. Claimed Buffy is the Slayer."

"And?" The aggravation in the older man's voice was evident.

"What do you mean 'and?' This is a big enough thing by itself."

"William--or I guess it's Spike now." Travers said with a bit of arrogance. There was a slight chuckle in his voice. Spike could tell Travers was laughing at him. He knew the Council kept tabs on them, but he didn't mind. "We've known for quite some time now that your little vampire was called a few days before she was turned. We've known for nearly a year."

"You didn't figure this was relevant for me to know why?" Spike raised his voice in anger. He could feel the fury eating at him.

"The Council figured with your past love affair with the last Slayer. We didn't want to bring it up. We can't have another Watcher/Slayer relationship. Especially if this one happened to be a vampire."

"You soddin' ponce." Spike let out a string of curses.

"There was another Slayer called once Ms. Summers was turned. Faith, I believe is her name. With the raised amount of demon activity, I believe I will send Faith and her watcher to you in a matter of days."

"So thas it? You're just going to move on from the subject?"

"Mr. Pratt. There really is no need to discuss it further. I would have suggested you would kill the beast before the council found out about her...heritage. I had you let her live in the beginning, I thought she might have made a good 'spy' if you will, but she had become a notorious vampire killer."

"Buffy is no beast, you best shut your gob with that rot!" Spike shouted, suddenly becoming very British.
"Mr. Pratt. I'm sending Faith and Mr. Wyndam-Price to you in a matter of days. You will get along with them. I will allow Buffy to her duties as the Slayer, considering she is the active Chosen One. Faith is simply just back up. Has the strength, Buffy has the mystical energy."

Spike would hear no more of what Travers had to say. He slammed the phone down on it's cradle before resting his head in his hands.

___________________________________________________

Buffy heard a soft knocking on the door. "Come in." She shouted from beneath her goose-feather comforter. Spike bashfully opened the door a crack. "It's me." He said softly. Buffy rolled her eyes, a slight smile peeking out.
"I still stand by my invitation." She said, scooting herself over so Spike could lay down next to her. He fully took her up on the offer, slipping under the covers and wrapping his warm arms around her. Buffy lay facing him, gazing into his bright eyes.

"Luv," He started but Buffy put a finger to his lips.
"Not yet. Let's just lay here." She whispered. And with that, they did. She listened to the evenness of his breath until she knew he fully fell asleep. Safe in her arms.
_________________________________________________

So that's when it started. My vampire life sort of came crashing down around me. I was thrown in to new situations. Before no one had any expectations of me. Now I was the Slayer? I had to be a fucking leader when I preferred to be the smart-ass wall flower. I mean I had absolutely no sense of direction in this whole Slayer business. But with a Watcher like Spike...I was bound to flourish. Okay, I'm tired of typing. I just wanna see Spike.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=20132