Triangle of Broken Hearts by Bloody_Hell
Summary: Buffy meets Spike at the bar on her birthday. They completely fall for each other and start a relationship. The only thing that's holding her back is her boyfriend. Will the blonde duo stay together...or will their world come crashing down around them?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Buffy/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 17563 Read: 8557 Published: 11/28/2006 Updated: 12/23/2006

1. Attraction by Bloody_Hell

2. Past Revealed by Bloody_Hell

3. Taking Risks by Bloody_Hell

4. Sweetest Sin by Bloody_Hell

5. Truth Be Told by Bloody_Hell

6. The Dark Room by Bloody_Hell

7. Attraction by Bloody_Hell

8. Falling by Bloody_Hell

Attraction by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
-Everything in bold is said by Buffy, telling the story. Italics are thoughts or songs.
Chapter 1: Attraction

She sat on her couch, hugging her body protectively, as she told the woman sitting across from her side of the not-so-fairy-tale story. She let silent tears fall from her bright green eyes. This story was going to be hard to tell. This summer had been harder on her than she thought it would be. Way harder. How could he do this to her? He said he’d do anything for her, but this was beyond her imagination.

Angel was a good boyfriend, he really was. He did everything for me. He was great with my friends, my family…we were a good match. But he was kinda quiet, and shy, not very out there. But that’s what I needed, ya know? Someone like me, fun, outgoing. Angel was holding me back from who I was, and what I wanted to be. And no matter the things he’d buy me or thoughtful actions...he wasn’t giving me the kind of relationship I needed. Oh, and if you’re going to be taking notes, I suggest you get more paper, ‘cause this is a long and wild story.

* * * * *

“It’s your birthday, Buffy! You have to go out.” Willow begged. She was rummaging through her closet, looking for something to wear to the Bronze that night.

“I know, it’s just, Angel wanted to stay in tonight…” Buffy bowed her head, obviously not liking the fact she couldn’t go out and party with her friends.

Willow pulled out a short skirt and tank top, and dropped them on her bed. “Buffy, you’re always with Angel. Not that I have anything against him but…bronzing just isn’t bronzing without you. You’re coming with us and that’s final!” She spoke in a firm tone.

“Willow-” Buffy was about to refuse, when she got cut off.

“Buff, you see this face?” she pointed at her face. “This is my ‘resolve’ face. I’ve got my mind set, and I’m not givin up till you say yes.” Buffy took a deep breath, realizing that Willow had already won.

“I’ll tell Angel, that we can just do something tomorrow. If he gets mad at me I’m blaming it all on you.” She pointed an accusing finger at her friend.

“Oh! Trust me it’ll be so worth it!” Willow pulled Buffy off the bed, and into the bathroom to start getting ready.

* * * * *

Buffy and Willow walked back to the table from the dance floor. They had spent the last hour and a half out there, celebrating Buffy’s 22nd birthday, with some old fashion boogieing. Xander, Anya, and Tara, were all sitting there, watching the fun the best friends were having.

“Hey Buff! Happy birthday to ya!” he plastered on a goofy smile. He looked around with a frown. “Hey…where’s Mr. Broody? I didn’t see him out there with you.”

“Oh…Angel couldn’t make it. He told me to go out and just spend some time with my friends.” She took a seat next the Xander.

“It took a lot of convincing though…but all I had to do was show him my ‘resolve’ face, and he caved.” Willow said excitedly.

“He’s got you on a ball and chain.” Anya said with a protesting tone.

“Anya, honey…remember what I said about not talking? Now would be a good time.” Xander reminded quietly.

“Well, it’s true. Someone had to say it. Buffy you never come out anymore! We all miss you.” She said looking around at the group waiting for a response from them. All they did was nod.

“I miss you guys too, but Angel isn’t really one for going out much. He likes it quiet…plus with the things he’s gone through…not really feeling comfortable leaving him at the house. I-I just worry about him.”

“Sweetie, o-of course you’re gunna worry about him…but maybe, i-it would be a good idea for him to get out more.” Tara suggested. “I mean…look at me. I never even left the house unless it was to go to my classes. Until I met Willow.” Tara looked up at Willow, who was still standing. She took her hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

“Yeah, you’re right. Sometimes he’s just really hard to get to.” Buffy let out a sigh. “I’ll be right back guys, I’m gunna get a drink.” Buffy got up and made her way to the bar.

I guess you could say I never saw it coming. It completely blight-sighted me. Not in a bad way, because if that night never happened…I would have never had some of my most memorable moments. But then again…sometimes I wish it never did happen.

“Crantini, please.” Buffy slid onto the bar stool, and waited for her drink.

A man slid onto the stool beside her, and put down a five-dollar bill, handing it to the bartender. “On me, pet.” He flashed a charming smile towards her.

“Thanks.” Buffy finally said after, taking in his appearance. He had bleach blonde hair, which was slicked back. He was wearing, black jeans, black button up shirt and a black leather duster. His cheekbones were strong, and chiseled. God his voice was sexy! Oh my God and his eyes…they were so blue, it was unreal. Buffy had to turn he gaze down to her drink before she started to drool.

He smirked, when he saw a blush creep up her cheeks. “Do you have a name, luv?”

“Yes…” she didn’t look up knowing she’d forget what her name was if she did. “Buffy.” She finally trusted herself to look up at him again. She stuck out her hand, trying to keep her cool.

He grabbed her hand and raised it to his mouth. “Spike.” He placed a soft kiss on the back of her hand. She blushed again.

Oh God! Could this guy get any hotter? He gave her a smirk, as he slowly let go of her hand. Um…lemme see…YES!

“It’s nice to meet you.” She replied, trying to keep how nervous she was out of her voice.

“Pleasure’s all mine, pet. So, what’s a gorgeous woman like you sittin at a bar all by her self?” He turned all his attention to her, forgetting that his friends were waiting for him back at his table.

“Oh…celebrating!” she lifted her glass. “Uh, but I’m not alone…” she turned around to see her friends on the dance floor. “…My friends are over there.” He turned to where her friends were, then back to face her.

“What are you celebrating?”

“Birthday…22nd actually.” She took a big sip of her drink, knowing that the only way that she could be a little relaxed around him was going to involve a wee bit of alcohol.

“Well, happy birthday.”

“Thanks.” She ran her finger around the rim of the glass. “What brings you to the Bronze…got a bachelor party happenin with your name on it?” she turned to look at him again. This guy was way too hot not to be with someone…

He let out a small chuckle. “Nope. Just a night on the town. What made you think that?” he frowned slightly.

Buffy didn’t really think before she said anything, she just told him the first thing that came to mind. “Well, honestly…you’re way too hot to not have some girl snatch you up.” Spike smiled shyly, and ducked his head. “I really just said that didn’t I?” she felt slightly embarrassed, but she got over it rather fast. He didn’t really look like the type to get shy. It was cute. No, scratch that-it was adorable! “Oh-kay! I’m just gunna go…put a bag over my head.” She turned to walk away when Spike gently grabbed her arm.

“Leavin already, luv?” he had a worried look on his face, like he was never going to see her again if she left. Buffy smiled and sat back in the chair. “Didn’t think so.”

We got so wrapped up in our conversation, I forgot all about Angel. I realized how much we had in common; it felt nice…just talking to him. He was such a sweetheart. A total gentleman. It was getting late, and my friends left. I didn’t even notice.

A slow song came on and an idea popped in his head. “Would you like to dance, pet?” he stood up and held out a hand for her.

A slow smile appeared on her face, and she reached for his hand. He guided her onto the floor, holding her hand tight as he pulled her through the throng of people. He stopped in the middle of the dance floor, and held her right hand with his left, holding it to his heart. Her other hand rested on the back of his neck. He placed his free hand, on her bare lower back. She was wearing a black top that had two thin straps holding it up, one around her upper back, and one around her lower back. Her black skirt was short, with a small slit on her right thigh. She wore knee high black boots to total it all up. She rested her head on his chest, swaying to the beat of the music.

Childhood living is easy to do
The things you wanted I bought them for you
Graceless lady, you know who I am,
You know I can't let you slide through my hands

Wild Horses,
Couldn't drag me away,
Wild, wild horses,
Couldn't drag me away...


His hands were so strong, but yet so comforting and warm. It sent chills down my spine. Everything just melted away you know? Like we were the only people in the room. It felt like we knew each other forever. We just fit so well. Like…we had this connection, that Angel and me never did. Of course I felt like I was cheating on him…but I forced myself to think that it wasn’t anything. Just a dance. Just a friend. But I knew…I knew that it wasn’t just.’

I watched you suffer a dull, aching pain
Now you decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines,
Can make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Wild Horses,
Couldn't drag me away, Wild, wild horses,
Couldn't drag me away...

I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie,
I have my freedom but I don't have much time
Faith has been broken tears must be cried,
Let's do some living after we die


“I want to see you again, Buffy.” Spike whispered in her ear, with a husky voice. Good thing he was holding her or she’d collapse to the ground, due to weak-knees syndrome. She closed her eyes. She knew that she shouldn’t see him again. That would definitely qualify as cheating. But she couldn’t resist. She was having fun, going with the flow. And to be honest she liked him.

“I want to see you again too.” One part of her cursed herself for saying it. But the other part was thanking herself.

Wild Horses,
Couldn't drag me away,
Wild, wild horses,
We'll ride them someday



“Next weekend…here, at the bar…9:00?” his voice was raspy, and sexy. It was seriously turning her on. He asked hoping that she would say yes.

Wild Horses,
Couldn't drag me away,
Wild, wild horses,
We'll ride them someday

Wild Horses,
Couldn't drag me away,
Wild, wild horses,
We'll ride them someday


“Okay…” she replied breathlessly. Not really much else she could say, being so close to him, made her forget how to put words together.

Honestly…I really didn’t know what to do about Angel. I really cared about him, and I knew this would rip him to shreds. It was hard going home that night, I really didn’t know if I could hide the fact that I was glowing.

* * * * *

Buffy had driven to the Bronze in Willow’s car, and since Willow had left earlier that night, Buffy walked. It wasn’t that far…only 10-20 minutes away.

The entire way Buffy could still feel the linger of his touch, on her back and arms. It made shivers go down her spine, and butterflies flutter in her stomach. She shook the thoughts away, and thought about the big fat mess of troubles she just started. I can’t do this. I have a boyfriend that loves me, that cares about me. But Spike is just so damn sexy. I just wanna-NO! Bad Buffy! You don’t wanna do anything ‘cause that would be wrong. Very, very wrong! No dirty thoughts. she mentally smacked herself. She shouldn’t have these kinds of feelings for someone that isn’t Angel. And the part that scared her the most was that Angel never gave her butterflies, or feel-good shivers. He relationship with him wasn’t fiery, or passionate. She felt like they were an old couple that just stayed together because they knew they wouldn’t find anybody else. It made her believe that her whole relationship with him was a joke. But he still loved her. She gave him something special. And she couldn’t take that away from him…no matter how much it killed her in the end.



But she didn’t want to think about it right now. She wasn’t going to stress over what she was going to do. Hell she didn’t even know if this thing with Spike would last. She was approaching her house now, and took a deep breath as she walked up the steps to the porch.



A/N: the song is "Wild Horses" by the Sundays. Well that's the first chapter for ya!! i'll update soon...if i get some reviews first that is...*wink wink*. (for those who didn't get that i'm beging for reviews!) haha i'll love you forever and ever!!
Past Revealed by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
The song is "You and Me" by Lifehouse
Chapter 2: Past Revealed

Buffy walked through the door with a giant smile on her face. It was already 1:52 am, and she had told Angel she’d be home no later than midnight. He was most definitely going to have something to say, but she wouldn’t be listening…she was too busy thinking about the sexy blonde at the bar.

She placed her purse down on the little table by the entrance, and walked into the kitchen quietly. She reached into the fridge to get some juice.

“Your home late.” Angel stated, from his place behind her. Buffy jumped up and let out a little shriek.

“Oh my God, Angel…you scared the crap outta me.” Buffy told a deep breath to collect her self before she continued. “Um, yeah…we were just having so much fun…didn’t want to leave.” She walked over to Angel and gave him a hug. “Sorry. What did you do tonight?”

“Nothing special, I wasn’t expecting you to be home so late, I had a whole thing planned.”

“Oh?” Angel smiled mischievously and grabbed her hand pulling her out the back door and to their back yard. “Oh my God, Angel…”

There was a blanket laid out on the grass, with a bottle of wine with two glasses, and a small blue box, in the middle of the blanket.

“Happy Birthday, baby.” Buffy turned to him and gave him a big hug. “Come on sit down, open your present.” They both sat down and Angel started pouring the wine.

Buffy was really scared. Her and Angel had only been together for 2 years, and the thought of this being an engagement ring, was a little terrifying…also because she still wanted to see Spike.

“Ooh! Tiffany’s…I’m liking this present already!” she undid the bow, and opened the box to reveal a beautiful silver chain, with a single diamond pendent. She held it out in front of her with bright eyes. “It’s gorgeous…” she turned to Angel and gave him a light kiss. “Thank you.” She put in back in the box, and put if off the side. She cuddled up to Angel and rested her head on his chest, as he ran a soothing hand up and down her back.

For some odd reason, it didn’t feel right. It was uncomfortable. I felt awful, I mean, things with Angel were never this…odd. It was after I met Spike, after I was in his arms that changed everything between Angel and I. Of course I didn’t say anything…just acted like I normally would. And God was it hard. Hiding that I had feelings for someone else.

* * * * *

The following day, Buffy paced her room waiting for Willow to show up. Angel went to work that day, and Buffy was working from home. She was a photographer, and at the end of the week she’d send her boss the pictures she had taken.

“Buffy? What’s up, I came as soon as I got your message.” Willow stepped into the room and closed the door.

“Will, if I told you something you promise not to tell anyone?” Buffy had a face of worry. Willow just nodded. “I mean I think it’s nothing…I hope it’s nothing. Will, I stayed, at the Bronze after you guys left.” She fiddled with her hands nervously. “And…I was at the bar, and I met someone. He was sweet, and fun…and extremely sexy…” Buffy trailed off.

“Buffy…did you sleep with him?” Willow walked towards her, with a concerned look.

“What? No! Willow…I just danced with him, but it felt so right. I mean, it was comfortable, and warm, you know. And then going home to Angel that night…I felt weird around him…like he was a stranger to me.”

Willow sat on the bed. “Okay so let me get this straight. You feel comfortable around a stranger…and you feel weird around your boyfriend? Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around?”

Buffy threw herself on the bed, laying her head on a pillow. “Exactly! That’s why I’m so confused. I shouldn’t feel this way…it’s not normal.” Buffy pouted with a huff. “Oh God! I told him I’d see him again…what am I gunna do?” Buffy sat up quickly, looking at Willow for an answer.

“Tell him you have a boyfriend…that you can’t see him again.” Willow said like it was the most obvious thing. (Which it was)

“So, your telling me to go and see him to tell him I can’t see him anymore?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Mmhm! Okay…I’ve gotta go…I got a class in 15.” Willow stood up and gave her best friend a hug. “I’ll see you later…tell me how it goes?” Buffy just nodded in response and Willow walked out of the room to leave Buffy to get ready for her date with the sexy blonde.

If one would call it a date. I mean, it’s more like a break-up date. I’ll meet him, tell him that I have a boyfriend, and leave. a smile grew on her face, happy with her plan. It’ll be easy. It’s not like you’ll break his heart or anything…it would only be the second time he’s seen you.

Buffy took a deep breath, and let out a sigh, as she walked over to her closet.

* * * * *

At 8:50 that night, Buffy walked into the Bronze. She was wearing an extremely short black mini skirt that fit to her body perfectly. She wore a dark red, tank top that dipped low in the neckline, showing a generous amount of cleavage, but not too much. She decided to go with her strappy high heels instead of boots. She wasn’t planning on wearing that…she knew she shouldn’t have. But she wanted to get sexy for him.

Luckily she got out of the house that night, before Angel got home. She told him that she was spending some time with Willow and Tara, and Willow was being nice enough to lie for her if it came to that.

She sat down at the bar, and crossed her legs, and ordered a drink while she was waiting for Spike to show. At 9:00 exactly, she had downed the rest of her martini, and bit one of the olives off the toothpick.

“What are you doin sitting here by yourself, kitten.” Buffy automatically recognized the voice, and smiled at his little nickname.

She didn’t look back at him. “I’m waiting for someone.”

Spike sat in the stool next to her. “Oh? Guy?” Buffy just nodded. “Tell me about him.”

She finally turned to him, and flashed him a dazzling smile and decided to play along. “Well…he’s sweet, gorgeous beyond all reason, sense of humor…good dancer…shall I do on?”

Spike smirked at her, and grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on it. “Oh, and may I add: a charmer…”

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you last night…I couldn’t wait to see you again.”

“Me neither…Spike-” Buffy was about to tell him that she couldn’t see him again. But she couldn’t she couldn’t get the words out…because she wanted to see him again…and again, and again. She gathered her thoughts together, and thought of something else to say. “let’s dance.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him onto the dance floor.

What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time


Buffy locked her arms around his neck, and rested her head on his shoulder. Spike loved having her in his arms. She was just so beautiful. Her skin was so soft on his; he almost thought he would dissolve at the feel of her.

Cause it's you and me
And all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You've got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here


Buffy felt his eyes on her, and she opened hers, to look up at him. The gaze was intense. She looked in his deep blue eyes, and melted. God, he’s gorgeous! His eyes are so hypnotizing…so blue. She tried so hard to tear her eyes away from his, but couldn’t.

Spike slowly leaned down and captured her lips with his.

Cause it's you and me
And all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you


Buffy didn’t know what was happening for a while. She thought it was some kind of amazing dream. Can’t blame her, she did feel like she was floating. She kissed him back, playing with the curls at the back of his head. He held her close against his body, loving the feel of her. The kiss was so powerful she became lightheaded. It was a good thing Spike was holding onto her so tight, otherwise she might have buckled to the floor.

There's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right


It was wrong. I knew it. But I didn’t want to know it…he was everything…Angel just…wasn’t. Spike was everything that I craved…and that kiss…Angel would never show affection in public. It just wasn’t his ‘thing’. But when I was kissing Spike…I just felt like…I just felt. I felt something that I’ve never felt when I was with Angel. Passion. Intensity. And a whole bunch of other things that there aren’t even words for.

Cause it's you and me
And all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you
and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me
And all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive


When the music stopped, Buffy and Spike finally pulled out of the kiss. The loss on contact was unbearable, but they both knew if they started again they wouldn’t be able to stop. Spike didn’t mind that scenario, but he had just met her yesterday…he didn’t want to scare her off. How come I’ve never seen her before? She’s amazing! There’s no way I’m letting this one slip away. Not this time.

The two sat down at a nearby table, and continued to get to know each other. Apparently Spike moved to L.A. from England when he was 13, and moved to Sunnydale when he was 21. He was 24 now. He was a painter. He mostly did paintings of life forms. He didn’t really seem like that type, but it got her intrigued.

“Now Spike…that’s either a nickname…or you’re parents were very cruel.” She said taking a sip of her drink, a teasing smile playing on her lips.

Spike chuckled. “It’s a nickname…my real name’s William, I don’t tell a lot of people that.” Spike took a sip of his drink, suddenly feeling nervous.

“Well, I must be mighty special!” Buffy said jokingly. She wasn’t expecting what he said next.

“You are.” He stared at her intensely, and Buffy broke away, a blush growing on her face.

She decided to change the subject. “What does it mean?”

“What?” Spike asked a tad confused.

“Spike…what’s it mean, why’d you get dubbed that?” She asked as she played with her hands on the table.

A smirk grew on his face. “Wouldn’t you like to know.” Buffy understood immediately what he was talking about and looked down at her lap, feeling a little embarrassed. She blushed again, and it didn’t go unnoticed by Spike. “You look so adorable when you do that.” He tilted his head; to get a look at her still bowed face.

Buffy lifted her head, and looked at him. She automatically felt more relaxed, when she felt him place a hand over hers. She felt like a huge waft of heat had run through her at that very second. Making her blood boil and her face feel flushed. There was no doubt that he felt the energy that coursed through them, she could tell in the way he looked at her.

I don’t know what it was, something about him made me wanna…just be me. Someone I hadn’t been in a long time. I felt I could let loose around him, be free. I know it sounds impractical and all Danielle Steel, but it’s true. I know it’s selfish, but I couldn’t not see him anymore. I thought about leaving Angel…but it would be a little too much to handle for him. He needed me. But I needed Spike.

Later that night Buffy and Spike decided to walk through the park. The Bronze was starting to get boring, but the night was still young. Spike grabbed Buffy’s hand without hesitation, and she accepted. Buffy told him about how she grew up in Sunnydale, how she was a photographer, and a bunch of other things. Except she didn’t tell him that she was already in a relationship. She couldn’t bring herself to say it no matter how hard she tried.


The whole reason I couldn’t break it off with Angel was because of his situation. Angel had a little brother, Connor. He wasn’t exactly the best kid in the world. He was into drugs, and gangs…got himself in a lot of messy situations, that Angel somehow always got him out of. One night, some guy jumped Connor. Major badass from L.A. He threatened that if he didn’t get his money back, all hell was gunna break loose. He owed him, 3 grand, and there was no way possible he was gunna get his money. Angel and I, both loved Connor, but we didn’t have the money, he couldn’t ask his parents, ‘cause that would bring up too many questions. The guy and his gang killed Connor. Angel broke down. He shut himself off to everyone, including me. He tracked the guy down…beat the shit out of him. And he was the one that went to jail for physical abuse! He wasn’t there for long…my dad was his lawyer, and got him out. He hasn’t been the same since. It happened a year and a few months ago, and even though he was quiet…he was destructive. And if I left him-the only person who helped him through-he’d unleash that side of him again…and that wouldn’t be good for anyone.

A/N: please review!!
Taking Risks by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews i love you!!!
Chapter 3: Taking Risks

Almost a month went by…Buffy still couldn’t tell Spike she had a boyfriend, and she couldn’t tell Angel that she was seeing someone else. She was stuck in a giant hole. The worst part is that she was the one that dug it. Things with Spike just kept getting better. He meet up with her, where ever it was, and they would just hold each other. They didn’t need to talk; just being with each other was enough. He’d whisper sweet nothings in her ear, causing her the shiver. She liked this. She wanted and needed it. And she realized that she had only felt this way with him. She had to tell him…if she wanted to be with him…legitimately…she’d have to tell him the truth.

Buffy sat in between his legs, leaning her back on his front. He had his arms wrapped around her waist, playing with the hem of her shirt. Spike had taken her to a cliff top. She had told him that that’s where she use to go sometimes when she was a kid to get away.

I knew it was going to be hard to do. But it was beating me up inside, lying to him. I knew I was taking a huge risk by doing it. I knew that in the few minutes that I told him, he could slip through my hands, and I would lose that feeling that I’d get every time I was around him…but he needed to know.

“Spike?” Buffy said in a quiet voice, biting her lip.

“Yeah, baby?” he looked down at her, and pulled her hair all to one side of her shoulders, and placed a gentle kiss on her bare shoulder.

“There’s something I have to tell you.” She was extremely nervous. She didn’t want to lose him. She just hoped he wouldn’t get pissed. Spike just waited for her to continue. “I just-I want you to let me explain…and not say anything, because its just gunna make it that much harder to say.” Buffy took a deep breath to calm her nerves. It didn’t help much. “When we met…I-I had a boyfriend.” She couldn’t bring herself to look at him, but she knew what face he had on. It was the one he made when he tensed up his entire body, and narrowed his eyes, with a clenched jaw. She closed her eyes and continued. “I wanted to tell you, but…I really liked you and when you said you wanted to see me again, I couldn’t say no. I was gunna tell you then, but we were having so much fun and…I’m so sorry. I never meant to wait so long to tell you.” She finally turned around in his arms. She noticed the hurt look on his face, and felt horrible. “Spike…I don’t want to be with him anymore, I want to be with you.” She looked deep in his eyes, but it didn’t look like he was going to say anything soon. She then remembered she told him not to say anything. “You can say something now.” Her voice was weak and shaky, obviously panicky about what he was going to say.

Spike closed his eyes and took a deep breath and then let it out before he spoke. “Buffy…” he didn’t even know what to say. He didn’t even know he could speak until he did. “I want to be with you, too.” Buffy let out a sigh of relief that he wasn’t going to leave her. “But I can’t be with you while you’re with him. Knowing that when we end our night, yours is just beginning with him…it pains me.” Spike’s eyes shimmered from the moonlight. Tears were wanting to make themselves known, but he wouldn’t let them.

“I understand what you’re trying to say but…I can’t leave him. He needs me.” Her bottom lip trembled.

“I need you!” he said in a strained voice, soaked with emotion. “Buffy…meeting you at that bar, goes down in the records as the best night of my life. I never even thought I could have this.” He gestured between them. He then started to speak in a softer, gentler tone. “Don’t think about what he needs…what do you need?”

Buffy didn’t have to think about it. She knew what she needed. “You.”

“Well shouldn’t that make this situation a little easier? I need you, you need me…what is it that’s making this so complicated?” he tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, dragging the back of his hand down her cheek.

“Angel has been through a lot. He’s already hurting, even if he doesn’t show it, he is. If I broke up with him…I’d be adding to it, and he’s counting on me to help him. Angel and me…we’re not even…intimate…like that anymore. I don’t feel that way for him anymore. But he still loves me, and I have to be there for him.” Buffy grabbed his hand and hoped he’d understand. “But I don’t love him…”

Spike just nodded, knowing that even if he was pissed off at her-which he wasn’t-he would never let her go, no matter the circumstance. “Please…just please, promise me that you won’t-” Spike couldn’t let the words lass his lips. It was too hard to say. “I don’t think I’d be able to handle it.” Buffy figured out what he was trying to say. She placed a soft, tender kiss on his lips.

“I promise…I wouldn’t do that to you.” She turned around and resumed her previous position. She cuddled her back into his chest. Spike dropped his chin to rest on her shoulder.

“What kinda nancy boy name is Angel anyway?” he asked with a pang of jealously. Buffy just smiled and shook her head.

* * * * *

Buffy crept through the door later that night. Or should I say early that morning. It was already 4am; she had spent the night out on the cliff with Spike. They weren’t intending to stay that late; they just fell asleep together, and woke up in each other’s arms. Buffy had never woken up in a better way than that morning…no matter how early it was.

Buffy closed the door behind her and was about to walk up the stairs. Then the lights flicked on.

“Buffy? You didn’t come home last night. What happened, you okay?” Angel stepped towards her, obviously sleep deprived, and worried.

Buffy stumbled over her words, scrambling for something to say. “U-uh, W-well, Willow a-and me went-” Angel cut her ramblings short.

“Cut the crap, Buffy. I talked to Willow. She said she had no idea where you were. Xander too. We were all worried. Where were you?” Buffy walked past him, and sat on the couch.

“I went up to the cliff. I was thinking about some things…I must have fallen asleep up there. I’m fine.” She replied calmly. She was telling the truth. She did go up to the cliff, and she was thinking…about the sexy blonde holding her. But that part didn’t need to be mentioned.

Angel didn’t buy it, but he accepted her answer with a nod. “It’s just…I come home from work, you’re not here. I wait up for you to come home…and you don’t. I got kinda freaked…I thought something might have happened to you.” Angel had fear in his eyes. The same kind of fear she saw a long time ago when Connor died. Buffy features softened.

She stood up and walked over to Angel embracing him in a hug. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. Next time I plan to be MIA, I’ll let you know.” She said the last part jokingly with a laugh. Angel let out a short laugh, and pulled out of the hug.

“I’m sorry…it’s just after Connor…I’m a little protective of the people I love.” Buffy gave him a small smile.

After I heard that, I wanted to die. I mean, he was so good to me and this is how I treat him? I felt horrible…I’d have to tell him sooner or later. Sooner would have been better. But I couldn’t stand to see him get hurt, so I was aiming for later. It would still be hard but I’d have more time to figure things out. Being around Angel got weirder and even more uncomfortable. God, I felt like Spike was my boyfriend and I was cheating on him with Angel. But leave it to Buffy Summers to walk her self into the ‘Land of Mayhem’.

“I know. I’m gunna head up to bed, okay? I’m still pretty tired.” Buffy gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek and headed upstairs. She wasn’t tired, not at all. She just couldn’t stand to hear Angel bare his heart to her, knowing that she couldn’t say it back. She lay in the bed, curled up in a ball, and closed her eyes. She wished Spike were there, holding her. Dragging his fingers down the arch of her back to sooth her; kissing her tenderly, and whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

She was happy that her father decided to spend a little time with Angel in L.A tomorrow for a week or so. Hank had always liked him, and since Angel’s parents were in New York, Hank treated him like his own son. That would give her and Spike some time alone. Time to not sneak around. Buffy let herself fall asleep that thought still in her head.

* * * * *

That afternoon, Buffy hurriedly got ready. She was going to surprise Spike at his apartment. He had no idea that Angel was out of town. Buffy slipped on her favorite, dark red dress. It was short, falling just under her ass, and fitting to all her curves. It was low cut, showing of her cleavage. It wasn’t too dressy, which is what she liked about it. Buffy wore her hair down, in soft curls. One side of her hair was pinned to her head, pulling her hair away from her face. She stared at herself in the mirror on last time, before grabbing her purse and heading out the door.

* * * * *

Spike sat on his couch flipping through the channels, and leaving it on ‘Passions’. He didn’t like to admit it to anyone, but he got reeled in one afternoon during the summer when nothing was on. It just kinda stuck. He took a sip of his beer, thinking about Buffy and how she’s probably all cuddly with- the knock on the door broke his thoughts. He got up and put his beer down, then went to answer the door.

He swung it open eyes still on the TV before turning to Buffy.

She stood there, leaning her weight on one hip, lengthening her other one to her side. “Hey baby.” Spike just stood there looking her over. She looked gorgeous. “Well, are you just gunna stand here and ogle me, or are you going to let me in…so you can ogle me?” she said with a small smirk. Spike finally moved out of the way to let her in. Buffy dropped her purse on table by the door.

Spike finally found his voice and spoke up. “What are you doing here, not that I mind or anything cause I don’t, it’s just-I thought you might be with Angel.” Spike rambled nervously.

“Nope! Him and my dad went to L.A. for a couple of weeks. So…I thought we could get some time alone…I don’t have to hurry home…” Buffy slowly and seductively started walking towards him. “We could…do things…that may take…” she took another step, bringing her dangerously close to him. “A lot of time.” She whispered in his ear, and he nearly died at the thought of it. She stepped back slightly to look at him. “We have all this-” Buffy paused. “Passions?” she finished questionably, with a raised brow.

“Huh?” he mumbled, swallowing hard. Buffy walked passed him and pointed at the TV.

“You watch ‘Passions’?” she asked turning back to him. He looked a little embarrassed.

“Um, I was flipping through the channels and-oh sod it! Yeah I watch ‘Passions’. Looks like you found the softer side of Spike. Didn’t know I had one, did you?” Buffy smiled and walked back to him.

“I always knew.” She kissed him on the lips briefly. “I just didn’t know ‘Passions’ was your weakness.” She answered with a smile.

“Mmm…Passion’s not my weakness, love.” He wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Oh? Then what is you’re weakness?” she asked teasingly. He lifted her in the air, and she took the opportunity to wrap her legs around his waist.

“Take a wild guess.” He whispered in her ear. His voice was deep and hoarse. It sounded damn sexy.

“Hmm…” Buffy pretended to think. “’Days of Our Lives’?” Buffy then quickly added. “If you say yes, I’ll beat you.” A look of warning crossed her face.

“Got no problem with that.” He then kissed her hard, and passionately. Buffy’s hands flew to cup his face. One of his hands was holding her back and the other one, holding her ass.

Buffy grabbed him by the hair on the back of his head, and pulled him off her lips. “Bedroom?” slightly out of breath.


Spike didn’t answer he just obliged. He took her into the room, and slammed the door shut with his foot.

please review!! thanks.. ;)
Sweetest Sin by Bloody_Hell
Chapter 4: Sweetest Sin

Hours later, the two lay in bed together. Buffy curled snug against Spike’s side, her leg draped over his hip, keeping him as close as possible.

God, I’ve never felt so alive in my whole entire life. No one has ever made my heart beat so fast and so slow at the same time, just with a single touch. For the first time in a long time I was happy. I attained a natural high by being with him intimately, and there was no way I was coming down.

Spike lay on his side, supporting himself on his elbow. He gently lifted her arm, caressing it and pressing light, open-mouth kisses all the way down the skin.

Buffy let out a little giggle. “What are you doing?” she whispered softly.

Spike lifted off his elbow and ran his other hand over her bare stomach, and around her side to the arch in her back, all the while kissing her neck and collarbone. “I’m studying you…” it came out in a raspy whisper against her neck. “I want to discover every curve, every dimple… every single detail that your body owns…” He brought his head up and gave her a small kiss to the nose.

She scrunched it, a childish smile playing on her lips. “What for?”

“I want to sketch you…if I’m going to do that, pet, I need to learn your body.” He let his fingers draw little patterns on her thigh that was draped over him. “You don’t mind, do you?” a seductive smile curled his lips and he leaned in and dropped silky soft kisses down the column of her throat.

“I’m most definitely not objecting…” it came out in a breathless whisper, as she lolled her head to the side so he could get better access. It was that moment that she knew. She knew that her feelings for him elevated to a new level. Love? She wasn’t sure…but it was something strong, and fiery.

* * * * *
Buffy looked over to her right to see Spike still sleeping. It was three hours ago she discovered her new feelings for him, and a hand full of orgasms later. It was no wonder he was tired. His face was endearing. His cheek pressed against the pillow, one arm splayed above his head, and the other across her waist possessively.

She let a genuine smile grace her lips, as she ran her fingers lightly through his blonde locks. His hair was disheveled from sleep. He looked like a complete saint. So innocent and childlike.

She crawled out from under his arm, and stood taking the sheet with her. Wrapping it around herself, she padded the hardwood flooring, to the window, looking out to the city. The view was amazing at night. The moon practically lit up the sky, along with the bright stars. She opened the screen door quietly and made her way out the balcony. The crisp breeze of the night hit her face, blowing her hair behind her with a soft stream.

She closed her eyes to think about her feelings for Spike. She wanted to tell him so badly how she felt, but the thought of him thinking it was too soon and he wouldn’t feel the same made her heart tighten.

I loved him. I figured it all out. That night changed everything for me. A night that I know I will never forget. When I went out on that balcony, it was like a moment of clarity. An epiphany, I guess you could say. And I knew my decision. Spike was right…it’s not what Angel needs, it’s what I need.

Buffy felt warmth surround her. Spike walked up behind her in just his jeans and enveloped her in his embrace. Holding her tightly around the waist and resting his chin on her shoulder.

“What’s on your mind, luv?” he pressed a kiss to her bare shoulder, nuzzling her.

“I just realized something.” She smiled. “I can’t believe I didn’t notice it sooner.” The last part was mostly directed to herself.

“And what’s that, kitten.” He turned her around in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his waist and tucked her thumbs into the belt loops in the back of his waistband.

She shook her head, with bright eyes, and a soft smile. “I love you.” She noticed the slight nervousness in his eyes and continued. “Baby, I’m not expecting you to say anything back, okay?” she said running her fingers down his chest. “I just needed to let you know. It’s a big deal for me, and I don’t want you to say it unless you really truly mean it.”

At that, he relaxed a little bit, all the tension was gone, but he was still a little nervous about this situation. Meeting her was the best thing that’s ever happened to him. But he wasn’t sure if he could let himself fall in love again. The thought of losing her would make his heart shatter. It was already broken once, and eventually it mended. But it was fragile now-if it broke again…he knew it wouldn’t be as easy to mend as last time…and that wasn’t a picnic.

“I’m gunna leave Angel.” She turned her gaze to his chest, and the patterns her fingers were making. Her words were quiet, but they rang like a big fat gong in his head. Those were words he wanted to hear for so long now. His face lit up when she looked back up at him and saw the sincerity in her eyes. “You were so right. I have to think about the things I need-not him.” She sucked in a deep breath. “And that’s you. I need you.” Tears were already falling from her eyes, silently.

Spike kissed away her tears and looked down at her. “You have no idea how long I’ve waited for you to say that.” She pulled her into a hug, keeping her snug against his bare chest. After a while he pulled away. “There’s something you should know, pet.” He pulled her over to the cushion-clad lawn chair.
He sat down along with her and took her hand in his. “Buffy…when I was in L.A., there was this girl. We were sixteen, and we cherished each other more than anything. We were practically inseparable.” Buffy didn’t like where this was going, but she forced herself to keep it together. She ducked her head and waited for him to continue. “We were utterly and completely in love.” Buffy felt her throat close.

Okay, okay…this is killing me! Why are you telling me this?

“She left, Buffy. She left me, she left L.A., and she left the country. Her dad made her move to Europe with him. We cried for weeks before she left. Her dad practically had to drag her out of my house and into the car. I was broken…so broken that I wouldn’t let myself get that close to someone again.”

Buffy took in a ragged breath, feeling unwanted tears built up behind her eyes. “Then I met you and-and that changed everything.” He caressed her cheek with the back of his hand. “I made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t let myself fall in love again because that pain was too much to handle.”

Buffy couldn’t help but feel unwanted, and not worthy of him. Tears fell from her eyes, as she swallowed the lump in her throat. God I should have never said anything!! Couldn’t he tell you this earlier!?!?Goddamn, Spike this info would have been good to know before I bare my heart and soul to you!!! Stupid British man!

“But…”

Ooh! 'But'! But is good...right?

“I want to love you…it’s just gunna take some time okay, luv. It was hard to go through, I just don’t want to get hurt like that again.”

Buffy scooted closer to Spike and held his large hand between her two tiny ones. She took in a deep breath to calm her nerves. “I’m not going anywhere.” Her voice was faint but heartfelt. A watery smile formed on her lips. “You’re stuck with me.”

They shared a short laugh, and then stood just staring at each other for a moment.

Buffy opened up the sheet, baring her naked self to him. But it wasn’t at all sexual. He walked into her open arms, and she wrapped her arms around him, engulfing them both in the wine-colored silk sheet. They melted into each other…blending in so well, neither knew where each other ended and the other began.

“I’ve never told anyone that before, I never could.” He mumbled into her hair. Buffy felt a few tears hit her cool shoulder, warming her.

Buffy knew it must have been hard for him. She had never loved someone like this before him, so she wouldn’t know. But the thought of him leaving made her want to break down a cry.
* * * * *

The next morning Buffy was lying in bed tangled in the sheets, and waiting for Spike to get out of the shower.
She thought about the night before and how special it was. After they held each other on the balcony, they went back inside and lay down, only to do the same thing. It was a comforting embrace, not meant to be anything more than platonic. Right now, wasn’t the time to be physical with each other.

She was brought out of her thoughts by the phone ringing. She reached onto the nightstand and answered it. “Hello?” with a genuinely happy smile on her face.

“Buffy? Oh my God!! Where the Hell have you been? I came to the house and no one was there, a-and then I called your mom and she said that she didn’t know an-” a extremely concerned voice rambled on the other end.

“Willow…chill out. I’m fine!” Damn right I’m fine!! Never been better!

“Oh okay…but that doesn’t tell me where you are!”
Buffy didn’t even hear Spike turn off the shower and walk out of the bathroom.

“Buffy…I’m done in the shower if you want to use it.” Spike walked out with his towel riding low on his waist, water droplets still on his chest, running down the definition of his muscles. He used another towel to rub his wet hair into curly, tousled locks.

“Buffy!!” Willow repeated louder.

“Huh? What? Oh. What?” Damn Spike…and his distracting body!

“I said who was that?”

Buffy put her hand over the phone, and winced at the fact she heard Spike ‘Oh shit’ she mouthed before removing her hand. “Oh. Um…”


A/N: ooooh cliffhanger...hehehe don't hate me :D
Truth Be Told by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry for the long wait...i posted two chapters for ya! i hope you like em...please review!
Chapter 5: Truth Be Told


“Buffy…I’m done in the shower if you want to use it.” Spike walked out with his towel riding low on his waist, water droplets still on his chest, running down the definition of his muscles. He used another towel to rub his wet hair into curly, tousled locks.

“Buffy!!” Willow repeated louder.

“Huh? What? Oh. What?” Damn Spike…and his distracting body!

“I said who was that?”

Buffy put her hand over the phone, and winced at the fact she heard Spike ‘Oh shit’ she mouthed before removing her hand. “Oh. Um…the maid?” it came out as more of a question instead of an answer. Buffy smacked the palm of her hand to her forehead, causing a ‘thwack’ sound.

“A male maid?” Willow didn’t really sound convinced. So Buffy raked her mind for an excuse. She was getting nothing.

“Okay, Buff! Too long! What’s going on, who was that…honestly?” Willow’s voice was firm. Buffy could tell she wasn’t happy.

Buffy let out a defeated sigh. “Willow…his name is Spike. I’m seeing him.” Buffy frowned worried for her friend’s reaction, but happy she couldn’t see her face.

“Oh. When did you break up with Angel?”

“I didn’t.” she said quietly.

“What?!? When did this happen?” shock was evident in her voice.

“About a month ago…I wanted to tell you but-” Buffy was cut off by Willow’s frantic rambles.

“Oh my God, Buffy! Angel…how could you do this to him? After everything he’s been through? He loves you!”

“But I don’t love him!” Buffy snapped back. The other line was quiet for a while and she continued. “Look Wills. I can’t be with Angel anymore…I love Spike.” Her voice changed to a calmer tone.

Spike stood in the doorway, watching Buffy on the phone with a proud smile.

“Spike? Who’s he?” Willow sounded a little calmer, but still very stunned.

Spike walked into the living room, leaving Buffy to talk to her friend.

She looked over to the nightstand, and noticed it was already 5 o’clock pm. We stayed in bed that long? Buffy really didn’t want to get into it, but she knew her friend wouldn’t drop it without an explanation. “Do you remember, when I told you I met someone on my birthday…and I was going to meet up with him to tell him I couldn’t see him anymore?” Buffy made a face at her words. “Well, I didn’t.”

The other line was silent.

“Wills? You there?”

“Yeah, I’m here. I’m sorry, I’m a little shocked. No! I-it’s more than that! Buffy…this isn’t like you!”

“I know, I know. And I’m sorry. Can I trust you not to say anything to anyone? I want to be the one to tell Angel.” Buffy ran a hand over her face, dreading the fact that she still had to do that.

“Okay.” Her voice was quiet.

“Look I got to go, okay? I’ll talk to you later.” With that Buffy hung up and got out of bed and into the bathroom.

* * * * *

When Buffy got out of the shower she got dressed and walked into the living room to find Spike, slung on the couch watching TV.

She walked over and lay down, resting her head in his lap. Spike’s hand immediately went to her hair, running his hand through it.

“We still have 6 days before Angel gets back…what do you want to do?” she traced mini patterns on his inner thigh.

“Well, I thought we could go out for a bit, go to the park…beach maybe?” Spike turned off the TV, and looked down at her.

Buffy lifted herself up slowly, and sat on his lap. “That sounds great! Oh shit! I totally forgot, my boss told me he wanted me to take some shots today…” she looked down at him apologetically.

“Well…” he started slowly. “Why don’t we swing by the house, and pick up your camera? You have to get changed anyway, right? The park and the beach have plenty of great views.” He gave her a quick peck on the nose.

“You’re right! Okay, let’s go!” she jumped up and grabbed his hand yanking him up with her.

Buffy grabbed her purse and Spike grabbed his coat and keys, and they headed out the door.

* * * * *

In the park, Buffy snapped a few pictures. She saw a little girl, holding a tulip up to her nose, and took several shots from different angles. Buffy continued to take a few shots of the scenes played out around them.

Buffy let the camera drop and hang on the strap around her neck. She strolled over the bench Spike was sitting on and pressed a soft kiss on his lips. She rested her head on his shoulder, and placed a hand on his chest.

“Doesn’t this feel just absolutely perfect?” she whispered to Spike.

“So much, it almost feels unreal.”

* * * * *

A man stepped out from behind the bushes, putting his camera up to his eye, and snapping pictures of the couple on the bench.

* * * * *

Buffy lifted her head up and gave Spike a kiss, caressing his cheek. When they pulled away, Buffy smiled at him causing him to display a gorgeous smile, which Buffy found irresistible.

She quickly grabbed her camera and flashed the picture before he could protest. She flashed an innocent smile over the camera.

“Your so gunna get it.” He teased, with a sexy smirk.

“Am I? And exactly how are you gunna give it to me?” she raised her eyebrow, with a suggestive grin.

Spike leaned in about to kiss her, then syked her out, and started tickling her sides.

“Oh! God…Spike…stop, please!” Buffy whimpered out between giggles.

* * * * *

The man continued taking pictures, of the couple laughing together. He finished his roll, and popped in another one. Incessantly pressing the button, when the two started kissing, taking as many as possible.

* * * * *

Finally Spike stopped, and gave Buffy a loving kiss.

“We should get out of here, it’s starting to get late.” Buffy suggested against his lips.

“Mmm-we could still go to the beach, I’m sure it’s cleared out by now.” Spike reluctantly pulled away, brushing the hair out of her face.

It was around 8:30 now and the sun was on the verge of going down.

The two got up and walked back to the car hand in hand. Spike started the car and drove away, oblivious to the car following just one car behind.

* * * * *

Buffy cuddled into Spike’s warm, naked embrace, wrapping the blanket around them. After their 3 hours of passionate lovemaking, Buffy was tired as hell. Her eyes were closing against her will, wanting to stay awake and enjoy the feel of him holding her.

“Isn’t it beautiful out here…the pinks and purples are amazing.” Buffy kept her eyes from closing by adoring the sky.

Spike reach for her camera, and handed it to her, noticing her admiration and loving every minute of it. Buffy smiled at him and took the camera from him.

She sat up, holding the blanket to her chest, and snapped shots of the horizon, and the beautiful colors streaked through the sky. Buffy let out a content sigh when she was done, and put down the camera.

Spike then sat up as well and grabbed the camera.


“Pose for me.” He said with a smirk.

“What?! No!” she reached for the camera, but he pulled it out of her reach.

“Just a few…please?” He had an excited look on his face. He brought the lens to his eye, and took pictures of Buffy while she mock posed for the camera, causing her to laugh.

Spike constantly took pictures of the natural laughing image in front of him. When it made a weird noise, Spike looked down at it with a frown, still pressing the button.

Buffy giggled again, and crawled over to him. “Baby…that means the roll is finished.”

“Oh. I knew that.” He lied, placing it down and taking her back in his arms.

* * * * *

The man dropped his camera and let it hang around his neck, with a smile. He reached in his back pocket for his phone. He dialed a familiar number, and listened to the ringing.

“Yup…got plenty of shots…oh yeah…you’re gunna love this.”


A/N: uh oh!!
The Dark Room by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry about the wait...been busy but i'll make up for it. I'm posting the rest of the story tonight!!!! yay me!!!
Chapter 6: The Dark Room

After the night on the beach with Spike, the two went back to Spike’s for the rest of the night. Late the next afternoon, they went to Buffy’s so she could develop the pictures she took.

In the dark room, Buffy used the tongs to place the picture in the liquid-filled tub, and then hung it on a rack above. She had already done that with a total of 15 shots.

She heard the door close on the opposite side of the red-tinged room, and smiled, still looking down at her work.

“You almost done in here I’m startin to miss you.” He walked up behind her and enfolded her in a hug.

“Yes, just about…I got a few more to do then I’m all yours.” She reached over to the desk beside her and unwrapped her chocolate bar.

Spike took in a deep breath, and rested his chin on her shoulder casually. “Buffy…I’ve been thinking, and-well…” he paused trying to think of how to say it.

She bit into the chocolaty goodness before speaking. “Come on Spike, spit it out.” She encouraged, with her mouth full.

“I love you.” He retorted quickly, but genuinely.

Buffy nearly choked on her snack, causing her to cough loudly. She swallowed down her food, to prevent any more hazards, before she spoke up. “Wow…definitely not what I was expecting.” She turned around in his arms, with a huge smile.

The smile she had reassured Spike, and felt less nervous. “What were you expecting, luv?”

“Well, I don’t know…something like: ‘I was thinking of getting a puppy…’ or ‘What would I look like with black hair…?’ but I’m happier with this!” she wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his chest. “I just want you to be sure.” She spoke in a soft, and gentle tone, almost afraid that he wasn’t sure.

“I am…never been more sure of anything.” He placed a kiss to the top of her head, smoothing out her work-tousled hair, and playing with the fallen curls from her messy bun.

Let me tell ya. I’ve never been happier then to just to hear those three little words come out of his mouth. I knew then, that we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. I wasn’t going to let him slip away from me. He gave me everything that I wanted and made sure I was happy with it. And that day in the dark room-even though I was in my baggy shirt, with no make-up and my hair-messed up-I’ve never felt so beautiful. He looked at me like I was some sort of Goddess that had never been seen before. Eyeing her in amazement. It was exhilarating for both of us…which usually led to other things…

* * * * *

Buffy couldn’t be more disappointed when her dad had called saying Angel was on his way back. Her and Spike spent the rest of their week, just staying at his house…and mostly in the bedroom.

There she sat on her couch, alone and waiting for Angel to come home. She knew what she had to do, and she was ready to do it.

I was scared. Not really of Angel but how he would take it. But then all I had to do was remember why I was doing it, and being scared was a lost cause.

10 minutes later Angel walked through the door with his bags. “Buffy?” he called out into the house.

Buffy stood up and took a deep breath before greeting him. “Hey…Angel.” She said with little enthusiasm. “How was your trip?” she crossed her arms over her chest.

Angel reached into his bag, obviously searching for something. “Good. It felt nice to get away from Sunnydale. Made me see a lot of things.” he replied, walking into the living room, with an 8x10 brown envelope.

Buffy followed him back in and sat down on the couch. “Oh yeah? Like what?”

Angel pulled out sheets of paper from the envelope, and looked them over. “Oh…nothing really.” He replied nonchalantly. “So what did you do? Anything interesting?” his eyes never left the sheets he was flipping through.

Buffy ignored it assuming it was work related. “Um…nothing, went shopping…” she smiled nervously, as she listened to her heart pound hard in her chest. Noticing how interested he was in the sheets he was holding, she asked him about them. “Whatcha got there?”

“Hmm.” He ignored her and frowned. “I have to say…this ones my favorite.” He dropped what seemed to be a picture, on the coffee table facing up.

Buffy leaned over to look at it, and froze. There in front of her was a picture of her and Spike sitting together on the bench, her head rested on his shoulder. She didn’t think her heart could race any faster then it already was…until he threw down the next picture. They were all the ones from the park…them kissing and laughing. A chill was creeping down her spine as he continued to show her the pictures.

Her mouth dropped when he showed her the ones from the beach, the ones of her and Spike making love and sharing their most intimate moments together.

Her eyes welled up with tears, her hands shaking as she reached for the pictures and went through them. “Angel…” her voice was a mere whisper. “Oh my God.” She looked up at him and blinked away her tears, letting them fall down her cheeks freely.

“Oh but wait, Buffy. There’s more…” he placed a few more pictures down. They were the ones at Spike’s apartment while she was out on the balcony. The first few were just of her, but the ones had Spike coming into the frame, like a flipbook. She couldn’t bring herself to look at the rest.

She closed her eyes tight, and let out ragged breaths.

For some reason Angel was very calm. Like eerie-calm. That’s what spooked me. He didn’t look upset or sad…he just acted without feeling.

“What’s wrong…I would think you of all people wouldn’t be shocked by these pictures, you were in them.” He voice was deep, and cold.

“I was going to tell you…” she looked down, her voice laced with a quiver.

“When? I mean, how long has this been going on for…a few weeks?”

“A month.” Buffy wasn’t even sure she said it her whisper was so soft. She felt like all the air had been sucked from her lungs, and the room.

“A month?!? Buffy, this is-God I can’t believe you!” Angel paced the room, pinching the bridge of his nose. Lowering his voice he continued. “Who is this guy? Where’d you meet him?”

Buffy didn’t know if she wanted to answer those questions, so she kept her mouth shut.

“ANSWER ME BUFFY!!!”

She jumped at his tone, and swallowed hard. “Spike…and I met him at the Bronze. Who took these?” she looked up at him with cold eyes, lifting the pictures, to emphasize. “WHO?” Buffy asked louder, when he didn’t reply.

“A man named Lindsey MacDonald. He specializes in it.”

Buffy stood, and walked over to him. “Look, Angel…you have every right to be pissed, or-or angry with me. But you need to know I was going to tell you.” She drew in a deep breath. “Spike gives me something that we never had. And I feel like you and I are together, not because we want to be or because we love each other…but because we felt we have to.” Tears fell from her eyes.

Angel stepped closer to her and put a hand on her cheek, his eyes welling up as well. “But I do love you, and do want to be with you.”

She pulled his hand away, and stepped back. “I don’t love you, Angel. I’m so, so sorry. I care about you, I do. But we’ve drifted apart. Ever since Connor, you haven’t been able to open up to me. How can I love you if you never talk to me?”

“Buffy, I’ll open up, I will…but just-don’t do this. We can forget all about the pictures, and what happened with him and just start over.”

Buffy closed her eyes, and let out a sigh. “I can’t do that. I’m sorry. But I-I love him. And like I said before, we’ve drifted apart. And you can tell me that you love me, but we both know that those feelings just aren’t there anymore. They aren’t that strong.”

Angel turned his head away, realizing that they weren’t as close as they use to be.

“I got to go. I don’t think it’s a good idea for us to be around each other right now.” Buffy picked up the pictures that were scattered, on the table and put them back in the envelope, feeling violated and not wanted Angel to see them or have possession of them. She grabbed her keys and hurried out the door.

Buffy stepped into her car, and cried the whole way to Spike’s. Angel had his suspicions about her cheating. That’s why he wasn’t speaking to her that much. Even less than he normally would.

I was just happy it was all over, ya know? Yeah, I broke Angel’s heart, but we both knew we were just kidding ourselves. He just didn’t want to believe it. I could finally be with Spike. In his arms, right where I belonged.

please review...
Attraction by Bloody_Hell
Chapter 7: Together Again


Spike paced the living room waiting for a phone call from Buffy. Their plan was that, after Buffy had broken up with Angel, she would call Spike and let him in on everything.

What’s taking her so long, damn it! She should have called by now.

Spike was broken out of his thoughts by a soft knock on the door.

“Oh, thank God.” He murmured under his breath as he hurriedly walked to the door. He swung it open to be met with a crying Buffy. Her cheeks were pale and stained with tears, while her eyes were red, tears filling up around the brim. “Luv, what’s wrong?” she walked into his arms, hugging him tightly to her. He felt her trembling against him. “You’re shaking. Come on, pet, let’s get you inside, alright?” still holding her, he walked her over to the couch.

He placed a kiss on her forehead, as he sat down beside her. “Okay…what happened?” he asked her, a look of concern on his face.

Buffy’s attitude changed almost instantly. She wasn’t crying any more. Nope. Now she was mad. Face-hardened, she clenched her jaw. “This. This is what happened!” she threw the envelope onto the coffee table, hard.

It was for the first time that Spike noticed Buffy holding it. He looked at the envelope, and then back at Buffy with an arched brow.

Letting out a deep sigh, she calmed her self and reached for the package, and handed to him while saying, “Angel, was keeping an eye on me…”

Spike’s eyes widened and grabbed the pictures. He opened the seal and pulled out the photos, looking through them with fuming temper, rising at every picture he looked at. “These were taken here!” he lifted a picture that was taken on his balcony.

“I know.” She looked down, feeling bad that she was the cause of someone watching Spike’s apartment.

“Buffy…we can’t stay here, you know that right? If he was keeping an eye on you before, he might still be doing that now. I’m not risking that.”

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes, her voice tight with emotion. “Well, where else am I gunna go?”

Spike, brushed a tear off her cheek, and held her hand in his. “We are gunna stay at hotel for a while. Just until we figure out what were gunna do. Alright pet?” he cupped her cheek and placed a gentle kiss to her lips, and rested his forehead to hers.

She nodded against him, and closed her eyes. “He scared me, Spike. He was calm when he showed me the pictures, but in a very creepy way. I’ve never seen him like that. Oh God, I hope he doesn’t try anything.” Her voice was soft, as silent tears trickled down her cheeks.

He cupped her other cheek with his other hand, holding her still to his forehead, and speaking in a soothing tone. “Shhh, pet. Don’t worry; I won’t let him touch you. I promise.”

It wasn’t me I was worried about. I knew Angel wouldn’t hurt me. But he would hurt the person keeping us apart. I tried not to think of anything but getting out of town…getting as far away as possible.

* * * * *

Angel pulled out his cell phone, and pressed redial.

“Hello?”

“Lindsey…it’s Angel. Did you follow her?”

“Yeah, I’m parked across the street from this guys apartment.”

“I had a feeling she’d…damn it! Do you know what apartment number it is?”

“I can’t tell from here. She seems a little spooked, what did you do to her man?”

“I showed her the pictures; she freaked, and broke up with me.” Angel ran a hand over his face, as if to wipe away the memories that he was left with not too long ago.

“Shit, I’m sorry man.” Lindsey was friend of Angel’s that he met through his work on a divorce case he was working on a while back.

“Yeah, what else do you see?” he asked hastily, trying to end the previous topic.

“Um, not much…they’re just sitting there. Oh, wait.”

“What?”

“They’re walking to the bedroom…looks like he’s looking for something. Looks like…” Lindsey zoomed in further on his binoculars. “He’s packing. Buffy’s got a bag too. She didn’t have one with her when she went inside. Must have had it there already.”

“God, I can’t believe this!” Angel paced the floor, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Okay…they just walked out the door.”

“FUCK!”

Lindsey waited until the couple was in sight again before he spoke. “They’re taking his car…they just pulled out.”

“Follow them.” Angel hung out the phone quickly before Lindsey could respond.

Lindsey hung up the phone. “You’re the boss.” He mumbled to himself with a sly smirk before pulling out and following the black Desoto.

* * * * *

Spike and Buffy pulled up in front of the big hotel, on the outskirts of L.A. He stopped to car, and sat in the parking lot.

Buffy was still a little shaken up by the pictures, and that Angel had seen them. Spike put a comforting hand on her thigh, rubbing small circles with his thumb.

“It’s gunna be alright, kitten. I promise. We’ll just stay here for a little while, okay?” Buffy nodded in response, and they both stepped out of the car.

Spike tossed the valet guy his car keys, and walked inside.

* * * * *

Lindsey parked his car on the other side of the street, and watched the two in the car talking, through his binoculars. Seeing them make a move to get out of the car, he swiftly ripped his keys from the ignition, and hopped out of the car, jogging to the hotel. Lindsey followed right behind Buffy and her beau, and stood right behind them as they registered at the counter.

* * * * *

Buffy and Spike held hands walking up to the counter. Buffy squeezed his hand nervously.

“Hey, can we get a one bed, room for…two days?” Spike asked placing his other hand on the counter.

“Yes, sir…and your name?” The young lady asked never looking up from her computer.

“William Thornton.”

“Alright Mr. Thornton! Here’s is you key.” She handed Spike a card, with a chipper voice and a smile. “You’re in room 412. Have a nice stay.”

“Um, we’re pretty hungry…what number do we press for room service?”

“9. It should transfer you right to the kitchen.”

“Thanks.” He replied flashing her a small smile.

Lindsey smiled to himself eying the couple walking away. Just as the woman at the desk was about to greet him, he turned and walked out to the front of the hotel.

He whipped out his phone, and made a phone call.

“Hello?” The anger was evident in Angel’s voice. He was pissed…him and Buffy were happy. Then some bleached wonder comes by and steals her way from him. Not gunna happen.

“They’re at a hotel just coming into L.A. The Hyperion. Staying in room number 412.” Lindsey told Angel, proudly.

“I’m already on the road, I’ll be there in half an hour. You don’t need to stick around any longer. I got it from here.” With that, the phone hung up.

Lindsey hung up his cell, and walked back to his car.

* * * * *

Spike slipped the card into the slot. He opened the door and let Buffy in and closed the door behind them. He dropped the bags by a dresser, and looked around.

“Um, Spike I’m gunna order some food. What do you want?” She picked up the phone and pressed 9.

“Doesn’t matter to me.”

Buffy ordered two cheeseburgers with fries. She was starving. All this crying was working up her appetite.

Buffy threw herself on the bed with exhaust. Spike lay down beside her, running his hands through her hair. She slowly started to close her eyes and let sleep take over.

About half an hour later, Spike got jerked out of his sleep by a knock on the door. Noting that Buffy was still sound asleep, he slowly got out of bed, and answered the door.

Buffy felt Spike leaving the bed and got up slowly. She looked around and figured that the food was here.

Spike pulled open the door with a yawn, and scratching the back of his head. He looked at the man in front of him with lazy eyes.

“Room service?” Spike asked, looking for the cart of food beside him. But there wasn’t one. He frowned with confusion.

“Get inside.” The man’s voice was deep and cold. He was about to say something back when he felt the end of his gun pointed at his head. Spike tried not to look unaffected, as he walked backwards into the room.

“You must be Angel.” Spike said with a small laugh. He wanted to stay calm the last time Buffy needed was to see this.

“What gave it away?” Angel retorted sarcastically. His eyes narrowed to thin slits, black with hate.

“Well, you would think the gun…but it was large amount of jealously radiating off you.” Spike had to be cocky about this; it was so hard not to be…he couldn’t help himself.

Angel pressed the gun harder to Spike’s forehead. “You think I would do it?” Angel asked challengingly.

Spike just shrugged. “Go ahead, do it. Buffy will hate you forever if you do. Then you’d never get her back. Not like you had a chance anyway.”

“Angel?” Buffy walked into the hallway, looking at Angel incredulously. Angel shot her a glance and the looked back at Spike. “Angel, put the gun down. Don’t do this. Please.” Buffy begged him walked slowly towards them.

Tears poured down her face, her whole body trembling with fear. She knew it. If she left him he would go psychotic. She just hoped he was stupid enough to pull the trigger.

“Angel, please?” her voice was laced with hurt and fear. She put a hand on Angel’s extended arm and pushed it down. She stepped in front of Spike, putting distance between them before something really bad happened. “What were you thinking?! God, Angel I’m sorry that things worked out this way. But killing him isn’t going to make things better between us!! I told you, it ended way before Spike, but we just didn’t realize it. So what was your point in this?!”

Angel saw the tears in her eyes and it killed him. But he was hurt. What he wanted was someone to blame for this big mess, and he couldn’t blame her, because she had a point. So he would do.

“I want you to leave.” She looked at him with hard eyes, disgusted by how much he had changed.

Angel nodded. Then he quickly pushed her out f the way and pulled the trigger. A groan slipped from Spike’s mouth, before he collapsed to the ground.


The End!



A/N: Haha just kidding!! There’s on more chapter!! lol I think this is a short one but it seemed like a great place to leave it!! Please keep reading for the end result!! Thank you and please send reviews!! Love you all!
Falling by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
okay this is the last chapter people....for real this time..haha.
Chapter 9: Falling

I was so scared. I didn’t think that the gun was loaded. I just thought that Angel was trying to scare him, you know? But when-when that shot went off…there must have been a thousand thoughts going through my head, cause I didn’t know what to do. Angel was gone before I could even blink. My first instinct was to go to Spike.

Running over to Spike’s limp body, she ran a hand over his cheek, and holding his hand. She looked down at his abdomen, and saw the mass amount of blood soaking his dark shirt.

“Come on baby. Just hold on okay. I’ll be right back.” She whispered as she reluctantly let go of him and ran to the phone and called 911.

She told them the address and what happen. After hanging up she ran to the bathroom and grabbed a hand towel.

When she got back to Spike, his eyes were fluttering closed. “No! Spike, open your eyes, please…don’t close your eyes, you have to stay awake, do you hear me?” she told him as tears poured down her cheeks.

Spike nodded his head slowly as well as he could and smiled. Buffy smiled back and placed the folded towel on his wound, applying a bit of pressure to stop the bleeding.

Seeing him wince at the pain, she bit her lip, and eased up a little bit. “I’m so sorry, baby. But I have to stop the bleeding.” She placed a gentle kiss on his lips, letting a tear drip to his cheek.

He grabbed for her hand and squeezed it tight. “I love you, so much Buffy. You need to know that.” His voice was strained, trying to push past the lump in his throat.

“No! Don’t! Don’t say your goodbyes, William.” Her tone was firm but was shaky as the thought of Spike leaving her went through her mind. She continued in a soft, whimper, her voice faltering. “You promised. You promised you would never leave me.”

The pain Spike saw in her eyes gave him every reason in the world to fight the pain, and not to give up.

“I never break my promises.” He smiled at her, and tried to forget the pain that shot through him when he reached up to cupped her cheek.

After a few moments, the ambulance rushed in the door with a stretcher. They lifted him on it carefully, and hooked up his IV. As one of the paramedics stated his condition to one following alone side him, Buffy jogged by the stretcher, holding his hand and letting him knowing everything was going to be okay.

Once they got outside, she told the paramedics she was going to ride in the back with him.

* * * * *

Buffy paced the waiting room, and glanced up at the doors to the ER room. They told her that they would have to do surgery on him to remove the bullet, and let her know how he was doing when they were done.

While she waited, she called her parents and his parents, letting them know what happened. She balled on the phone with his mother, feeling horrible, and saying how sorry she was for getting him caught up in her web of problems. They let her know that none of this was her fault and told her that they were there for her.

Her dad was in absolute shock, never thinking that Angel could do such a thing. That talk with her dad raised a thought in her head. With filling out forms and calling their families, she forgot to call the police.

She walked up to the front desk, and asked to use the phone. Once she was talking to an operator, she told her that an Angel Carter shot her boyfriend. She described him and gave him all the information she could, as well as what had happened earlier that day. She told her that they would give her a call as soon as they have any information on his whereabouts.

Just as she hung up the phone, the doctor walked through the double doors, and pulled down his facemask. Buffy ran over to him. Her mouth went dry when she saw the look on his face. It was full of sympathy.

“Miss. Summers. I have some good news and some bad news. They good news is: that the surgery was a complete success. The bullet is removed, and there is no severe damage to his organs. He should heal in a few months tops.” Buffy felt completely relieved, and let out a content sigh. Then she realized there was also bad news. “The bad news is: after the surgery he slipped into a coma.” Buffy felt tears at the rim of her eyes, causing everything around her to blur. “He isn’t showing any signs of waking up soon. There’s a possibility that, if he doesn’t wake in a few weeks…there’s a chance that he may never-”

Buffy cut him off. “Don’t. I don’t want to hear the rest of that sentence.” Tears fell down her face, and swallowed hard. “Um, when can I see him?” her words trailed into a whisper when her voice got hitched in her throat.

“I’ll take you there right now.” Buffy followed the doctor to his room, and opened the door for her. Buffy took a cleaning breath, preparing herself to see him.

She stepped into the room and gasped, covering her mouth at the sight before her. Her eyes went wide when she saw him hooked up to machines and the tubes that were coming out of his nose and arms.

She shakily walked over to the chair, and sat down before her knees gave out. She reached over and grabbed his lifeless hand, bringing to her mouth and dropping a light kiss on the back of it.

“Come on, Spike…you have to wake up, I need you. Baby? Please, I love you so, so much. I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have you with me.” She held his hand in both of her tiny ones, and rested her forehead on it. Light sobs racked her body.

Her head shot up when she heard her name. “Buffy?”

She looked up at the door and saw her parents and his standing there, fresh tears in their eyes. His mother rushed to Buffy and gave her a comforting hug.

“I’m so sorry, Gail.” Buffy sobbed into her shoulder. “I tried to stop him but-”

“It’s alright honey it’s not you’re fault.” She pulled away and wiped her tears.

Buffy had only talked to Spike’s parents over the phone, when they had spent that week together. She and Gail had bonded pretty well, and well as her and his father, Trent.

Gail looked over at her son, and hurt crossed her face. She trailed a hand down his arm, then turned around and buried her face in her husband’s chest.

Buffy’s parents then walked in and both wrapped her up in a hug.

It was just getting harder and harder, as time went by. We all sat in that room quiet, listening to the sound of the heart monitor. I knew that if I said anything, I would start crying again. I couldn’t do that…I had to stay calm. It would help the others do the same. I just prayed to any God listening, that he would wake up.

* * * * *
3 days later

Buffy was sitting in the hospital room curled up in the chair, her feet tucked under her, and her hands cuddled to her chest. She stared down at the floor, waiting for the officers to come.

She had gotten a phone call saying that they located Angel Carter, and he was being held captive until more evidence was against him. They told Buffy to come to the station, but she firmly refused and told them she wasn’t leaving her boyfriend.

“Miss. Summers? Hi, I’m Detective Cordelia Chase, and this is Detective Riley Finn.” The two walked in and stood in front of Buffy.

She looked up at then with tear stained cheeks, and then stood slowly. She shook their hands with a small smile. “Hi.”

“Miss. Summers-” Cordelia started.

“Buffy. Call me Buffy.” She cut in.

“Buffy, I know this is a really bad time, but we need you to take a statement. Just let us know what happened the day it happened,.” then women grabbed her hand and leaned in closer to her, speaking softly to make sure that her partner couldn’t hear her. “I just want to let you know…that I’m taking this case personally, and I’m going to make sure that Angel Carter gets nailed for this. I want his ass locked up just as bad as you do.”

She smiled at her and stood back, letting Riley Finn ask the questions. Riley pulled out the tape recorder, and held it under his mouth. “August 17th, 2005 at 12:30 pm, talking to Buffy Summers on the ‘Angel Carter’ case. Buffy can you tell me what happened that day before William Thornton was shot?”

Buffy told him exactly what happened from when Angel showed her the pictures till she called the police. She willed herself not to cry but it just wasn’t working.

After making her statement she told Cordelia to call her as soon as she got more prove against Angel.

1 month later

Buffy opened her burning eyes, and yawned. She lifted her top half off the hospital bed. She looked up at Spike’s peaceful face, and kissed him softly.

“Hey, baby…I’m getting really sick of the smell of this hospital, so you’re gunna have to wake up soon.” She told him with a scrunched nose.

“Buffy, honey…you haven’t had something to eat in days. You should get out for a bit…get some air.” Joyce, Buffy’s mother, came in and sat on the arm of the chair she Buffy was sitting in.

“No, mom. I’m not leaving. I have a feeling he’s gunna wake up soon. I’m not leaving till he does.” Buffy kept her eyes on Spike the whole time.

She looked horrible. Her nose was red from wiping it, her eyes bloodshot from crying, dark circles under them from lack of sleep and she must have lost 10 to 15 pounds. She had to admit it was starting to take its toll on her. She felt like she would be having her own bed in this hospital soon if she didn’t feed her hungry stomach.

“Sweetie…” Joyce started gently. “It’s been a month already…I don’t think he’ll wake up. Baby I’m sorry, but you heard the doctors.” She placed a hand on her shoulder.

Buffy continued to look at Spike, watching his chest barely move up and down. “Mom…” Joyce’s face filled with hope that she would go home and live with the fact that he wasn’t coming back. “You’re right…I should eat something, can you go down to the café and get me a sandwich?” Buffy completely ignored her mother’s previous words, and pulled out a 5-dollar bill from her back pocket.

Joyce grabbed it with a sigh, and walked out of the room.

I didn’t want to believe it…but a part of me knew he wasn’t gunna wake up. A part of me knew that my mother was right, and I should just give up. But another part wouldn’t have it. The part of me that loved him till the end of the world and back…the part that wouldn’t give up on him no matter what happen or what the probabilities were.

When Spike didn’t wake that day, she stayed one more night, before she would go home and take a shower, and get a proper sleep. She knew that she wouldn’t sleep well if Spike wasn’t there with her, but she needed to get out of that hospital.

When she got home, she didn’t get to rest for more than 10 minutes before the doorbell rang. She got up slowly and answered the door.

“Buffy…it’s nice to see you again.” Cordelia gave her a greeting smile and handed her a file. “This is everything we have on Mr. Carter. We went to the hotel and got them to give us some tapes. The one in the hallway of the floor you were staying on has him, standing at the door and pulling the gun on Mr. Thornton. Damn security guards are supposed to be watching the frickin cameras…anyways, we also found the gun stashed in the vent, in the motel room we found him at.”

She looked through the report that started with: ‘Angel Carter is being charged for attempted murder’. She was happy to see that he wasn’t going to get away with it. “Thank you, Ms. Chase.”

“Hey, don’t mention it.” She looked behind her and saw another woman walking up behind her. She turned back to Buffy. “Buffy, this is Fred Burkle. She’s a novelist, and she wants to write about you’re story…would you by any chance be interested?”

Buffy really wasn’t ready to talk about it yet, but she told her that she would let her know when she was.

* * * * *

1 and a half months later

“…I cried for weeks. The doctor just told me that it was no use keeping him on life support, and that there was no way he was going to wake up now. It was too late. And they were right. He wasn’t going to wake up.” Tears ran down Buffy’s face as she finished the story, she wiped them away, sniffling.

“How did it end?” Fred asked tears springing to her eyes as well. “If you don’t mind me asking.” She adjusted her glasses, as she took down more notes.

“I wouldn’t know.” She said standing up and pulling her coat on.

“What do you mean?”

“I never let the doctors pull the plug. I’m uh…I’m going to see him right now. I still have hope…and I still believe in him.” She grabbed her keys off the coffee table, as Fred stood up and shook her hand. “Look, Fred, I’ll call you when I have the end of the story okay?”

“Thank you, Miss. Summers, this really means a lot to me.” Fred said as she walked to the door. She turned around to Buffy one last time before she walked out the door. “Oh and Buffy?” she waited until Buffy was looking at her. “You are a very strong woman to be able to tell this story. I really admire you for that.”

Buffy smiled at her and gave her a hug. Over the time she had spent talking to her, they had truly bonded.

Buffy ushered her out the door, and followed after her. They both got in their cars, and drove their separate ways.

* * * * *

Buffy held Spike’s hand, and watching ‘Passions’ in the room. She wanted to know what Spike found so intriguing about it.

“Oh she is so screwed. No way in hell is she gunna be able to survive that.” Buffy spoke to herself.

“Survive what, luv?” his voice was low and raspy, his eyed still shut.

She looked over to Spike. She swore she heard him say something, but he still looked the same as he did when she came in. “Spike?” her voice wavered a bit with uncertainty.

He squeezed her hand as best he could, and smiled. “Hello, sweetheart.” He finally opened his eyes, and she saw the eyes she was longing to see.

“Hey, baby. I knew it; I knew you’d make it. They all told me that you wouldn’t and it was too late but I knew.” Buffy was crying tears of happiness, wanting nothing more than to hug him, but knew it would hurt him.

“Thank you for not giving up.” Spike’s eyes were watering, and didn’t care that he let them fall.

“I’ll never give up.” she smiled at him and gave him a sweet kiss.

“How long have I been out for?”

“Two months, two weeks, and three days.”

“Bloody hell.” He paused for a moment before continuing. “What happened to Angel? Please tell me he’s either: in the big house, or dead.”

“He’s in prison…for attempted murder. We don’t have to worry about him anymore.” She ran her hand through his hair.

“The ponce had what was comin to him. Still wish he was dead though.” He mumbled the last part under his breath.

Buffy let out a little giggle. She then reached down and pulled up his hospital gown carefully. She looked at the wound that was now just a scar. “Your wound healed up pretty good.”

Spike eyed her, looking her up and down. His eyes narrowed. “Pet, are you okay? You look sick…you’ve lost weight; you look like you haven’t slept in weeks…”

“I’m fine now. I just-I couldn’t do much of anything, while you were here. I barely left you’re side. Just the thought that you would wake up when I’m not here worried me.”

Spike squeezed her hand, and rubbed his thumb across the back of her hand. Buffy pressed the call button and they waited for the nurse to come.

* * * * *

Later that night, Buffy lay down beside him on the bed, cuddling into his arms, doing her best not to hurt him.

Even though Spike felt a little pain when she was curled against him, he really didn’t care. He welcomed the pain, because it felt so good to have her back in his arms.

She never thought that she would be able to do this again. She never thought she’d see his gorgeous blue eyes, or that sexy smirk. Never being able to hear him say those three little words.

“Buffy?”

“Hmm?” Buffy was nearly asleep when he spoke up.

“I love you.” A smile grew on her lips.

“I love you too.”


A/N: haha i know cheesy ending but meh. MMMMK ya’ll that’s it!! I didn’t kill Spike…yay for me!! Lolz please send reviews they really mean a lot…I’ll remember it when I make it big time…cuz I know I will…hehe! Anywayz thanks for reading love you all!!

NOTE: PLEASE READ MY NEW STORY "GOOD ENOUGH" POSTING FIRST CHAPTER TONIGHT. and review to tell me what you think so far.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=23098