If I'm Not In Love by Spikelissa
Summary: 146 days have gone by and Buffy still hasn't got over losing but walking away from Spike's demise. Devastated she has found a way to be with Spike. Unknown to Buffy and Dawn...Spike is alive well, un-dead. Will she follow through or will Spike come to the rescue?
Categories: Spuffy Fantasy/AU Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 27763 Read: 15965 Published: 05/18/2008 Updated: 01/16/2009

1. What Hurts the Most by Spikelissa

2. My Heart Can't Let You Go by Spikelissa

3. If I'm Not In Love by Spikelissa

4. You are my home by Spikelissa

5. Immortality by Spikelissa

6. May Angels Lead You In by Spikelissa

7. Edge of Eternity by Spikelissa

8. Eternal Flame by Spikelissa

What Hurts the Most by Spikelissa
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
If I’m Not In Love


Chapter 1 – What Hurts the Most



Absentmindedly Buffy switched on her CD player knowing full well what disc was in her stereo. Bracing herself she sat on her windowsill looking out at nothing in particular.


I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don’t bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I’m ok
But that’s not what gets me


Buffy couldn’t stand it any longer and slid to the floor in a heap crying her heart out. Climbing to her bed she picked up William, hers and Dawn’s snow white Persian. Looking into Williams’s blue cat eyes she snuggled him to her and gave way to the pain.


What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do


“No you don't but thanks for saying it”


These eight words tore her up inside. Buffy knew that she deserved them, but she always felt that they would have time. Time to be what they should have always been. She knew deep inside her even without his soul that he would have treated her better than any man had ever treated her.


Still, she knew what was in the past stayed in the past. She couldn't change it, though she really wanted to. But now…Now she wouldn't ever get the chance to tell him, to show him how much she loves him. He was gone and she couldn't do a thing about it…except join him.


It’s hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I’m doin’ It
It’s hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I’m alone
Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin’ with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away show the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken


She just about lost her mind to her grief, and she held on to William as her tears drenched her face.


What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do


Thinking back she knew even then that there was something that would change forever for her when she first saw Spike. He was a thorn in her side, the bad penny that just wouldn't leave. She secretly loved it when he came back into her life. He was a challenge and kept her strong. He kept telling her it was her friends and her family that willingly helped her to survive as long as she had but to her, she knew they would survive without her.


What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do

Not seeing that loving you
That’s what I was trying to do



In her deepest part of her soul, she knew she couldn't survive without Spike. It was Spike who issued her a death threat that kept her living.



Then Glory came and changed everything.



Spike fell in love with her, and yes he went about it in the wrong sense of badness all around but this was not why she shut him out. She shut him out because she didn't want him to leave and when she finally tells him she loves him, he denies her.


He denied her and saved the world by sacrificing himself.


She hadn't stopped crying alone in her room, a room that really wasn't hers. For the past 146 days, all she would do was cry in the confines of her room. She didn't have any right to these tears but even in her heart; she knew he denied her, so she could live.



“Buffy?” Dawn muffled through the door knocking.



“What is it Dawnie?” keeping her voice as steady as she could.



“Can I come in?”



Of course she would always let Dawn in but at times like these, she really didn't want her baby sister seeing how hard losing Spike really was. Turning her stereo off she wiped her face and shook of the sadness and opened the door attempt a smile as best she could.



“What's the what Dawn?”



“Please Buffy you can't hide anything from me. I know you have been crying. Crying again and listening to Rascal Flatts continuously I might add”


Dawn wasn't about to let this slide. She wanted to know everything. She knew this was entirely about Spike, and she always wondered why. Raising her eyebrow she crossed her arms and sternly looked at Buffy. It was time to talk or face Dawn's wrath.



Buffy knew it was time to tell her baby sister. She couldn't tell her friends but her sister deserved to know. She led them to her bed. She pushed back the lock of hair that fell from Dawn's face when she scooped up William, and gently tucked it behind her ear and began…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dawn ran her heart out. She really had to get to Giles and fast. They were running out of time. Tears fell down her cheeks remembering what Buffy said to her.


An hour earlier…


“Dawnie, I love you. You know that right?” At Dawn's tearful nod she sadly continued.


“What Xander told you wasn't completely correct. He SHOULD not have intervened and told you something you had no reason to know. I was wrong too. I never corrected him either, I’m so sorry for that. You know very well, Spike would never ever hurt you. He reacted to the pain I caused him Dawnie. I'm so sorry. P-Please forgive me”



Buffy was hysterically crying now. She finally told her baby sister what she pushed Spike to. She pushed him to desperation, and she denied her heart on account of them. Her friends. Her watcher. She let others dictate her heart. She let her idea of love with Angel ruin what she could have really truly had and could have still had. Now…Now she couldn't ever have that.


Her Spike…Her William lit up her heart like fireworks in that cave. That cave took her heart along with her vampire, her man to dust.


She had once considered that her heartache over Angel was hard. But this…this devastated her. He wanted her to live but all she wanted to do was follow him. Still he told her to go denying her love, which she so deserved.


Buffy told Dawn everything. She held nothing back from her sister. She even told her little sister what happened in the cave.


Dawn was crying as hard as Buffy was. She felt so angry with herself for treating Spike the way that she did. Dawn was deeply heartbroken. She could have had the family she always wanted, and now she never would.


Buffy squeezed her sister's hand knowing just what Dawn felt and regretted it because she felt the same way. Buffy wiped her face and led her baby sister to the bathroom, and there they cleaned their tear streaked puffy faces.


Buffy turned to Dawn her face serious, “I don't want to leave you Dawn, but I can't do it anymore. Dawnie he was my rock. He kept me together. Now…Now without him I can't do it anymore. I really don't want to leave you, but I can't stand to have you see me like this.”


Taking a shaky deep breath Buffy looked at Dawn, pleading with her eyes.


“I-I found away to join him. You know magic and me are un-mixy but this ritual will take me to him. The witch I had gone to see last night told me it has to be done within the next two days, or I won't be able to do the ritual for another two years.”


Holding in the shaking sobs she held her hand out to keep her sister from interrupting.


“Dawnie, listen to me please. The pain and longing, it's too much. I don't want to leave you, but I'm not getting any better. I-I know this time Spike won't be here when I'm gone, but you are stronger than anyone that I know. I have made up my mind…I can't do this anymore.


There are Slayers all over the world now. You are a grown woman. I would love to be there for the rest of your life but my pain is too much. I need to be with him. I am doing it tonight.” Buffy stated firmly but gently to her baby sister.



“NO Buffy you can't! Please, you're all I have left!” But Dawn knew. She knew in her heart that every day Buffy barely lived. This was worse than when she came back from the supposed “hell” her friends took her from.


Lowering her head in acceptance she now knew Buffy’s love transcended this far for her to find a way to him. Dawn knew if she had someone of even that much importance, she would do the same…She wouldn't be able to live without him.


Tearfully she lifted her head. Sighing before Buffy could respond to her plea, she took her hand with a watery smile,


“Then do me this one favour.”


“Anything for you Dawnie”


“Play your song at the nightclub. Roma's is having an Open Mic night tomorrow. Please, Buffy. Let us all see you before you do the ritual to take you to Spike”


Hesitantly, Buffy agreed to wait one more day. At least the ingredients called for aligned stars, and it would be best to do it tomorrow rather than tonight.


Sighing she knew she could hear Spike's voice.


‘Buffy love, magic always has consequences. Don't do this, pet. Think of the Niblet.’


She would wait until tomorrow but regardless what her Spike voice said she would see him soon.


“Ok Dawnie but no later ok. I'm going to bed. Night. Love you” With that Buffy closed the door but not before Dawn heard the soft muffled cries on the other side of the door.


This was breaking Dawn's heart. She really thought that they were doing well in Rome, but apparently not.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


An hour later…


Gasping for air she leaned against the stone building of the hotel that Giles, Willow, and Xander were staying at when they had come by for a visit. Dawn had argued they should have stayed at the apartment but they all declined. Dawn knew they all knew about Buffy but not one of them discussed it.


Racing out of the elevator she ran to their room gasping for air and her heart racing, she hunched over her long legs and let a breath out. Standing she straightened her self and with determination, she pounded on the door and prayed for some miracle.


“GILES OPEN UP!!!”


On the other side of the door in the hotel room Giles muttered in distaste at the insistent pounding at the door. He made his way to the door bleary eyed opened it and saw Dawn.


“Good heavens Dawn, do you realize what time it is? We have an early start with the new slayers at the school stationed here. Come in. Come in. Why are you so bloody perturbed? Where is Buffy? Did something happen to her?” Giles frantically polished his glasses and then rubbed the bridge of his nose in agitation.


Dawn entered the room and saw Willow and Xander come in groggily.


Willow yawned and stretched asked, “Something wrong Dawnie?”


Before Dawn could answer Xander awoke at a thought cut in, “We need to research something? I for one vote donuts but seeing as its too late guess these will do” Xander grabbed Giles's Pasticciotti pastry.


Giles glared at Xander but he punned back at him, “G-man no way I need some sugary goodness. There will be no glaring at the Xan-man? So Dawnie what's up?”


Sadly, she looked at Xander with her big blue eyes, but suddenly she realized something and knew he wouldn't care because it would be about Spike.


Angrily, she spat, “What Buffy is about to do is all of your faults. She lost the one person who kept her grounded. He equals her in every way, and he SACRIFICED himself for the world, for Buffy, for me, for all of us. He was never like Angelus and you all KNOW it!”


They were all shocked fully awake. Xander and Willow tried to cut in but shrank back as Giles stood angrily up in front of Dawn.


Before Giles could interrupt, Dawn held her hand up in protest, “I don't want to hear it”


Turning to both Xander and Willow, she asked them both bluntly, “Had it been Angelus who hit you over the head kidnapped you, knocked you unconscious, or held a bottle to your face, I ask you this would you still be standing here?”


Glaring at their sad admitting eyes she triumphantly smirked when they nodded no, they wouldn't be. Spike as much as he had fought it stood by them. All of them at one point treated him horribly and with misdirected hate.


The whole group could not bring themselves to answer although Giles suddenly kept trying to sneak away.


This did not get by Dawn, “Where do you suppose you're going?”


Looking very much like a deer in headlights he stammered on, “I-I-I may know how to fix this problem”


Narrowing her eyes in confusion, she looked at the others who looked even more so guilty as did Giles.


“What's going on? What can you fix Giles? What are you all hiding???” Dawn was getting even more furious with the lack of answers.


Giles ran a hand over his face but refrained from putting his glasses back on needing something in his trembling hands.



He looked straight at Dawn and simply told her, “Dawn Spike is alive well err…Undead and with Angel in LA”


Dawn was so furious that she flew across the room and punched Giles in the nose. Giles groaned in pain and slumped to the ground in a heap. He pulled his handkerchief from his pyjamas pocket and cringed in agony and fear while holding the handkerchief to his now bleeding nose.


“HOW COULD YOU KEEP THIS FROM HER?!!!!!” Dawn furiously shrieked.


“No, don't tell me all of you assumed it was for her own good right? Am I right? I will bet the big fore headed bat has a play in this too” Dawn sneered.


Noticing the guilty looks she punched Xander next and had him yelping in pain on the floor holding his bleeding nose. She then leaped at Willow and dragged her to the phone and demanded, “CALL HIM. FIND HIM I DON'T CARE. DO. IT. NOW!” Dawn seethed.


Willow picked up the phone and with a wave of her hand the phone dialed a number.


Before Willow could even speak Dawn grabbed the phone from her and crumbled by the speakers voice.


“'Ello. This better not be Peaches,” He growled into the phone that his broodiness entailed on everyone.


“S-S-Spike” She cried out and burst into tears. ‘It's really true, Oh god Buffy'


Spike starred at the phone that dropped from his hands. ‘No it couldn't be' Picking up the phone he struggled to shuffle it back to his ear.


Even though his hearing wasn't wrong, he didn’t want to believe it. The girl on the phone sounded very much like his Niblet and she was crying her heart out and rambling out apologies through her sobs.


“Nib…Dawn?”


“Oh god” Sob. “Spike,” Wail. “Say it again please!” Dawn sniffled and hitched her breath.


“Dawn” He smirked.


“No you dumb ass. Please, I need to hear it” Dawn sniffled, but he wasn't getting off that easy. She couldn't believe it, it was Spike! Her dream came remarkably true!


Smiling he softly said to her, “Niblet” She broke down in tears.


“Oh Nib I can't bare your bloody tears.” Spike's mind was spinning at this point. His Niblet was talking to him, and she sounded so devastated. He wouldn't read into it too much until he heard what she had to say.


Hiccupping she added, “Why didn't you come to find us Spike ”


Shamefully, he answered her, “Nib, I wanted you and big sis to live, yeah? I didn't want to muck up your life. Plus how could I top my bloody noble sacrifice and explain how I bloody got back. Niblet I came back sodding incorporeal. I couldn't do anything I came back a bleeding ghost. Well, by the time I got m' body back…I just got scared”


Glaring at the others to intervene, she smirked inwardly when they backed away from her. Dawn knew she could be evil like the rest of them. Without any hesitation at all she explained what was going on.


“Spike you have to come here right away. Buffy died right along with you in that cave. She has been lost without you. YOU wanted her to live, but she couldn't live without you.


S-S-She found away to be with you. We both believed you were gone, and she is performing a ritual to be with you but now…You're back and she won't have to do it! Oh my god! You can save her!” Dawn rambled.


Not letting him get a word in edge wise she rambled on.


“She is waiting until tomorrow to say goodbye to us after she performs her song about you. She has been working on it for some time, but I convinced her to wait for tomorrow night after the show. Please, you have to come.


She will be doing the ritual after she performs to you but since your…Well, back and still undead…Oh my god this could be a surprise…This would be the best day of her life!”


She took a breath and hoped with all her heart, he still loved Buffy.


Spike had been stunned listening to her ramblings. This didn't sound like the Buffy that the sodding poof was telling him about, and that she didn't love him. ‘What was going on?'


“Nib, just breathe. What your trying to tell me is that big sis is taking a chance with magic to be with me but in the process killing herself and leaving you?” asked calmly and barely hiding the edge of anger in his voice.


“I doubted her too Spike, believe me. I also understood.” Glaring at Buffy's two friends she spat out, “Her peace was taken from her before, and then she found herself due to you. Spike she told me everything.


EVERYTHING. She loved you then. She loves you now. Spike she loves you so much she is willing to die to be with you…and…I was going to let her…but now… You” Pausing she prayed he would say he still did and hoping she asked, “Spike do you still love Buffy”


Spike was furious. He wasn't furious with Buffy or Dawn. He was furious at Peaches, the no good Scoobies of hers and himself. He was led to believe Buffy didn't care. When he heard that his Niblet was going to let Buffy go, he let the tear slide down his cheek.


His Buffy was broken up over him but his Niblet was broken up losing them both. Vowing to take them away from pain; he told her without conviction, “Always Niblet. I will love Buffy forever and always. I love both of you Summers girls. You're my girls.”


Crying and laughing; she rushed out, “Then hurry and get your butt here and make us a family!”


“Niblet I don't know where you are. The bloody poof wouldn't tell me shite and little watcher boy said something about Rome, but I really didn't have a bloody idea if that was true and m'sodding grandsire wasn't telling much either.”


Spike was antsy he knew who would willingly help him…Clem. He heard through the grapevine the loose skinned demon friend of his was on the other side of LA with a large number of the friendlier demon Races.


After a short exchange of information and smirking towards meddling trio, she added, “I love you Spike, and I'm sorry for not understanding”


Flinching Spike shot her down, “Niblet there's nothing to forgive, start over eh. I love you too Niblet. I will see you soon. Keep your cell charged. I will call you when I get there. Don't say anything yet. Nib lets stick to your plan. Surprise big sis, yeah”


Grinning like a scheming idiot she agreed. “You bet! I love you get here safe and quickly, please.”


“I will, Nib… Love you too”


The call disconnected, and she turned back to Buffy's so-called friends.


“You have a problem with this?” Her piercing blue eyes glared angrily at them, daring them to defy her.


When she got a string of no's, she told them to meet her at Roma's and see exactly what their meddling did to her sister. Momentarily she stared at Willow who looked completely ashamed and confused at what happened. Dawn brushed it off and headed off to the door only to pause.


As her hand grabbed the doorknob, she looked over with betrayed sad eyes, “You were like her family, my family. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.”


Glaring Xander down she rhetorically asked and watched him shut his mouth from responding.

“Xander just because Anya was human she had more deaths over her head as a demon. Yeah she was human but how did this make her any better. Don’t answer that”


Narrowing her eyes Dawn looked at Willow daring her to speak she spoke her mind.


“Willow what made you so different. You have a different lifestyle and should have understood Buffy. Spike may have done some questionable things in the past but YOU should understand them. Think about that.”


She should have felt devastation over this confrontation but this felt worse than the memories of her and Buffy’s father leaving. This was a low blow but she stood stronger than ever and angrily stared him down.


“Giles I am simply disappointed in you. You were like a father to us. You took your hatred of Angel out on Spike. Spike went to seek out a legend and fought and EARNED his soul. His soul wasn't cursed. That should have awe inspired you. We all put so much importance on Angel’s soul when we should have noticed that Spike’s was not the same. I am to blame for this too but now this…You all obviously heeded to Angel.


Why? To not let Spike and Buffy know about the other? YOU ALL listened to Angel or listened to yourselves. Doesn't matter which. You still hate Angel and yet you follow along with his jealousies to keep Spike and Buffy apart. I am ashamed to know all of you. Tomorrow evening may be the last night you see us… Unless you change and mend what you have done.”


She purposely closed the door with a final click resonating throughout the room.


They all sadly went back to their beds and hoped to make some amends the following day.
End Notes:
Will they stop Dawn and Buffy? Will Spike come to the rescue?
My Heart Can't Let You Go by Spikelissa
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Chapter 2 – My heart can't let go


Here sitting all alone
In the stillness of my room
Silence fills the room
Where I once held you
There's a breeze around me
A memory that chills me to the bone
It's tearing me apart

My Heart can't let you go
Though I try to break away
It haunts me every night
But the ghost of you won't fade
You've hypnotized my soul
My heart can't let you go

Now I try and turn the page
I know I must move on
But I never get too far
It's you alone I want
There's a touch that's missing
An emptiness that I've never known
And I don't know where to start
It's tearing me apart

My Heart can't let you go
Though I try to break away
It haunts me every night
But the ghost of you won't fade
You've hypnotized my soul
My heart can't let you go

No matter how hard I pretend
You might be coming back
Don't wanna face the fact
Every story has an end



She had been over the moon, picking Spike up at the airport. When he called her, she couldn't believe how quickly he managed to get a flight out. She was relieved that Buffy went out to get the last ingredients for the ritual. The ritual that Dawn knew wouldn't be happening after tonight.


Coming to she saw the swarm of people getting off the plane but didn't see Spike. She knew he couldn't very well go out during daylight hours, but it was near dusk and the sun never stopped him before.



Screeching she was grabbed and ready to jump the perpetrator from behind only to turn around and feel cool leather encased arms crush her body to his.



She knew waiting for him had been like waiting in slow motion but the tears they shed and the hugging it almost made her forget about the meddling fools for keeping her family apart.



“You're real. You're really alive” Dawn managed to say.


“Still undead but yeah Nib.” Spike smirked.


Hooking his arm with hers she dragged him out to a heavily darkened car waiting by the curb. Leaving him at the sliding doors she ran to open the door and motioned at him to get in the car. Spike pulled his duster over his head and dashed for the open door.


The driver said not a word. He was well paid and knew when to keep his mouth closed. He had seen some outrageous things in his life and this was the least of it. When his passengers were seated, he drove off.


During the ride Spike and Dawn talked amiably and finally had their chance to mend their relationship. Dawn was ecstatic while Spike was immeasurably relieved.


“So, Nib”


“Spike”


“This ritual that she plans to do, you don't think she'll do it now that I'm here, yeah?” Spike didn't at this point know what to make of that.


He didn't know whether to be furious that she was taking his sacrifice to this extreme or immensely happy with why she was doing the ritual. ‘Not that she would be doing the ritual, the bint is off her bleeding arse if I let her go through with it'


“Nah Spike. She might believe you're the First tormenting her but up close she'll know it's you” Dawn reached over and ruffled his hair.


“Oi” Spike batted her hand away. “Leave m' head alone” Spike grumbled shooting her glares as she snickered. He may have been miffed by her girly tactics but smiled being here with her like this again. He really thought they had lost their closeness.


Whatever Buffy had told Dawn seemed to have changed her from the ‘You sleep, and I set you on fire threats if you harm my sister again'


Dawn knew exactly what ran through his head. She knew that threat hung over them like a proverbial bad penny, but she couldn't change it. She took his hand and squeezed it and smiled at him. Knowing they still had another ten minutes to get to her home, she laid her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arms into his left arm.


Spike sighed at that very moment. He genuinely thought his girls wouldn't want him around, and now he had a clinging Dawn on him.


Head shooting up Dawn cursed, “Shit!”


“Nib” Spike warned.


“Sorry but how am I going to get you in the apartment and the club without Buffy knowing?” Dawn nibbled at her lip thinking hard.


“Nib I have it covered. She won't know I'm in the apartment or the club. She's not in now is she? That might be a problem getting me in first” Spike questioned.


“Oh she's out getting supplies for the ritual.” Looking down at her watch, she added, “We have tons of time.”


“Bella we are here”


Shoving Spike out the door he made a dash towards the building.


Dawn pulled out her euros to pay the driver, “Grazie”


“Bella di buon giorno” The driver drove off.


Dawn shook her head and headed after Spike to her apartment.


She issued to Spike his invite, and together they entered hers and Buffy's apartment. Inside she got comfortable and pushed Spike to her room. Throwing him and his carry bag at him, she glared at him to disobey.


“Oy! Niblet! Those Monks were thorough. You Summers women always sodding pushing me around!” Spike yelped after landing on her pretty blue duvet.


Smirking Dawn marched over to him and knocked him in the head and giggled hearing him his grumbling and throw out countless “bloody hell's” and “aggravating little bints”


Shooting her a look he softened it to see her smiling and laughing.


“It's good to see you happy again Nib”


“Not much to be happy about, ya know. Between losing Mom, then the mess with Glory, then Buffy dying and coming back to losing you it's been a little touch and go. I suppose Buffy and I both were just here and not living much.” Dawn sadly admitted but turned away from him quickly before he could reply and went in search of William.



“ Psss Psss, William here kitty, come to Dawnie”


Dawn had to take a quick look and nearly fell to the floor laughing at his confused look.


It didn't take long for William to make an appearance. It was where William went that shocked her.


Dawn knew William didn't like most visitors but the Persian took to Spike like they had always been around each other.


As soon as William curled in Spike's lap, she heard Spike's whispered question.


“Niblet, can you please repeat the cat's name?” Spike said desperately hoping what he heard was wrong.


“Spike this is William. William this is Spike"


"You got a cat and named him after me??”


Cringing and ashamed Dawn answered his question.


“I didn’t name him, Buffy did. She said it was hard at first having a cat that represented so much of you. However, she got over that rather quickly because William would only go to Buffy and me. Watching him now it would seem that he likes you.”



Looking at Spike’s dejected and pouty look she decided it was time to get this conversation going before Buffy showed up.



“Enough of that. Tell me why your helping Angel. I always thought you hated the bloody poof” Dawn inquired.



“One I do not bloody well help Angel. I am bloody well there to annoy the git. Second don't poke fun at my speech. Bloody Americans” Spike growled when she giggled.


“BLOODY POOF, BLOODY POOF, BLOODY HELL!” Dawn shouted out and squealed as Spike grabbed her and tickled her to death.


Catching her breath from the giggling she caved, “Stop! Stop! I give!”


“’Bout Bloody time you did. You were looking a bit knackered” Spike chuckled. He realized he hadn't had this much fun with Dawn in well ever it seemed.


Dawn straightened herself out and looked at the time.


“Oh shit! What ever you do don't leave this room until after we have left for Roma's. Here are the directions and what ever you do don't let her see you until the last possible second! Got that?” Dawn rushed about the room and hurried out her speech before Buffy got home.


In a hushed voice Spike moved towards Dawn and took the directions but simply answered, “Yeah, I bloody do.”


Throwing himself on her bed, he laid with his hands behind his back and mumbled, “Bloody wanker. Summers women!”


He quickly shut his mouth when Dawn glared at him and held a finger to her lips hinting he should be quiet, but she caught him when he went stiff and had this glazed faraway look.


It was then that she realized he must have always known when Slayers were near but looking more closely at Spike she knew it wasn’t about the Slayer it happened when Buffy was near. He didn't do that with Faith.


‘Interesting’ Dawn hesitated at the door but her heart soared.


“Dawnie, I'm home! Are you ready to go? We have to get moving if we are going to make it before the big rush gets to Roma's” Buffy yelled out as she ran to the bathroom to freshen up.


Shooting a glare at Spike who seemed to be completely still listening so intently to Buffy, she relaxed. ‘Seems like someone is completely lost in Buffy land’ at his silent nod, she left her room closing the door.


Buffy stood in the bathroom and glanced in the mirror. By the reflection staring back at her, she saw nothing but a shadow of herself. Doing the best she could to make herself look halfway decent she applied eyeliner around her eyes.


She felt something inside of her churning and her hand that held Spike's in the cave burned ever so slightly. Shrugging it off as nerves she set to giving her eyes a dark sultry look and then decided against it and added more neutral tones to her eyelids.


She knew that when she sang this song she would have tears rolling down her face. ‘So neutral it is. I don't need to look like a raccoon on the stage!'


Buffy really didn't understand why she agreed to do this, but it was Dawn's last request, so she gave in. Normally, she didn't sing in front of crowds of people, but it wasn't as if she would be doing it again. Tonight she would be with Spike. Tonight she would get her peace again. Tonight she would say goodbye to Dawn, her friends, and Giles.


“Buffy you look amazing” Dawn walked into the bathroom and stood right beside Buffy looking at her through the mirror.


“Thanks. I wish inside I felt the same. I know I should be wigging about singing in front of all those people, but I'm not. In 147 days I haven't felt this close to Spike as I do now.


I got the rest of the ingredients. I leave to do the ritual after I sing and then say goodbye to all of you. Thank god I didn’t tell the others. They would have found a way to stop me. I’m glad I only told you…You understood.” Buffy's eyes welled up as she rambled. She took a breath and picked up the brush and began to brush out Dawn's long brown hair.


Dawn stayed quiet and never let on that tonight Buffy would not do the ritual. She knew for a fact when Buffy saw Spike, she would be ecstatically happy.


“Dawnie you seem quiet? You are okay with this? I mean… Well,” Sighing she turned Dawn to face her. Dawn shook her head for her to continue.


“My heart can't let go of him Dawnie. I need to be with him. I don't want to do this to you but” Buffy looked down and willed back the tears.


“This is worse than Angel, Dawnie. I was hurt but I was also a child going through her first heartbreak…But this Dawnie. This is like losing a part of me. All I want to do is die, and it's getting worse. Spike was right. Slayers have a death wish but not in the sense he assumes. My death wish is to go with him because if he can't be here then I can't live without him.”


Buffy placed the brush on the counter and pulled Dawn into a hug.


“I love you Dawnie, lets get going”


“I love you too Buffy”


With one last glance to her room where she knew a certain vampire had listened to every word, she followed her sister out the door to Roma's.


Spike was coming to realize when he told Buffy to leave that cave that he didn't entirely deny her. He wanted her to live. It never crossed his mind that she would be devastated over him. To the point she would allow herself to die to join him.


Pacing the confines of Dawn's room he waited until he could no longer feel Buffy. When he was certain without a doubt he quietly slipped out of the apartment and kept to the shadows.


Suddenly, his phone vibrated in the pocket of his duster. ‘Thank god for vibrate!'


“Ello?”


“Spike where the hell are you?” Angel bellowed out.


“Bloody hell, Peaches. I don't answer to you. I'm bloody helping a friend out for couple days. Sod off wanker”


“Spike you don't have any friends. Get your ass in the office pronto” Angel snapped angrily.


“No can do, bloody git. I'm busy. Sodding bloody poof.” Without hearing a reply he turned the phone completely off. His golden goddess needed his full attention. Putting the bloody contraption in his duster pocket he headed off to Roma's.
End Notes:
Thanks so much April for your help, you truly are the best!!!
If I'm Not In Love by Spikelissa
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Chapter 3 – If I'm not in love


Sitting in the darkened nightclub the sisters sat facing each other. Buffy was trying to get through her pain while Dawn tried hard to keep her secret from Buffy.

It was Open Mic night and Dawn was impressed that Buffy was going to sing the new song she had finished. When Dawn found it, she had been surprised briefly but urged Buffy to perform it. Reluctantly, Buffy agreed knowing she wouldn't see anyone after this night.

“Hello Buffy”

“Hey Giles. Look I am about to go up stage. Looks like Willow and Xander are here too. Hey guys pull up some chairs and sit with Dawnie. I'll see you guys after” Buffy quickly squeezed her sister's hand and left without hearing any of them responding.

“Um she left kind of quickly. Where's the fire?” Xander joked.

“Funny Xander you know exactly why she doesn't want to talk. She's here to perform and say goodbye. Shut up and sit down” Dawn snapped.

“Dawnie that wasn't nice” Willow shot back.

“I dare say, Dawn what has gotten into you?” Giles reiterated.

“Can it. You all know exactly what you all have done. I don't want to hear it. Buffy's up so shut up” Dawn stated with finality and turned to face the stage but glanced towards the door to see that Spike made it. She smiled. ‘Show time'

The others didn't notice Spike heading towards a darken booth close enough to Dawn and the others but out of plain sight but with a spectacular view of the stage.

“Buona sera, without further ado. Her debut, bella Booffy Summers!”

Applause rang out and as the lights shined on her, she heard faint whistles but paid no mind to it. Her thoughts were only of her love, her vampire, Spike.

Clearing her throat she took the microphone and looked out to the over crowded club and gulped.

“Grazie. Hi, I don't know very much Italian. My song is in English. It means a great deal to me because I lost someone I-I-I love very much. I know he won't ever hear it but now my friend’s and family will know exactly how much he meant to me”

Signaling to the band she sat at the stool in the middle of the stage as the music began tears welled up in her eyes.


If I'm not in love with you
What is this, I'm going through
Tonight
And if my heart is lying then
What should I believe in?
Why do I go crazy?
Every time I think about you, baby
Why else do I want you like I do?
If I'm not in love with you



Brushing a tear back Buffy looked to her sister and smiled. She sang her heart out to him hoping he heard her from beyond. Unknown to Buffy, Spike did hear and tears were streaming down his cheeks.



And if I don't need your touch
Why do I miss you so much?
Tonight
If it's just infatuation then
Why is my heart aching?
To hold you forever
Give a part of me I thought I'd never
Give again to someone I could lose
If I'm not in love with you
Oh why in every fantasy
Do I feel your arms embracing me?
Lovers lost in sweet desire
Oh why in dreams do I surrender?
Like a little baby
Someone help explain this feeling
Someone tell me
If I'm not in love with you
What is this I'm going through?
Tonight
And if my heart is lying then what should I believe in
Why do I go crazy?
Every time I think about you baby
Why else do I want you like I do?
If I'm not in love with you

The club was stunned to silence. Many of the women were dabbing their eyes. Some men were holding their lovers and feeling for the poor girl on stage.

As the applause and cheers rang out they all shouted for an encore. Buffy tried to get off the stage but the manager wasn't having it. Taking her seat the music cued up, and she sang her heart wrenching song to him, to her Spike.

Dawn knew what the song's lyrics were but hearing it had her heart breaking for them. She glared at them when Giles, Xander and Willow finally saw Spike. Spike nodded to her and shot his best evil glare towards her friend’s and Giles. They backed off and slumped into their seats. Dawn got up and made her way towards the stage just behind Spike.

Spike grabbed Dawn's hand and sat directly in front of Buffy who was at her second verse tears running down her golden skin singing her little heart out.

Buffy opened her tear filled eyes and saw her sister beside…Spike.

Choking she looked down at their hands and looked at them both giving her watery smiles. Puzzled she didn't realize she stopped and signaled the musicians to pick up where she left off.

Turning back to the crowd she caught Dawn's mischievous eyes and smiled. Turning to her love she locked eyes with him and sang her song to him. She sang to him, like he was the only one in the club.

Spike was so lightheaded he buckled only to have Dawn help him into his chair. Not once did he look away from Buffy singing to him, and he knew it was for him.

‘She really meant it. She is in love with me' Spike was in heaven.

Spike couldn't take it any longer and rushed to the stage. He shrugged off those attempting to get him off the stage. When she finished singing, he crushed Buffy to him and held onto her for dear life or in his case un-life.

Trembling he looked down into her watery green eyes he asked her desperately, “Buffy luv, do you mean it?”

A hushed silenced crowd looked on with growing anticipation.

Trembling just as much as he was she said with love shinning in her eyes, “With all my heart, Spike. I have been in love with you for what seems like forever. I'm lost without you.”

In a small voice, she looked down at them joined in an embrace and looked back up and added in a small voice, “Are you really here?”

“Oh, Buffy luv. I'm really here thanks to the Niblet for finding me. I'll never leave you again. You'll have to bloody dust me to get me to leave.”

As their foreheads came together he whispered, “Say it again, Buffy”

She looked directly into his eyes and untangled her arms from around him and cupped his face in her palms. With all the love in her heart, she looked into his cerulean blue eyes and declared, “I love you so much, Spike. Love you so bloody much”

Chuckling at her use of his slang he crushed her lips to his. He was mindless of the fact he was kissing her on stage in a roomful of people. It felt like it was only the two of them. He kissed her with all the love he had in him; he was still very much consumed with for her.


He now knew that she loved him just as much because they both had tears coursing down their faces as they kissed. He felt how much she loved him and his heart was soaring. He was finally loved back just as much as he loved.

When breathing became an issue for her he pulled them reluctantly apart gasping. Buffy loved that he only seemed to breathe for her and clung to him praying he didn't disappear on her.

“Scusilo, we need the stage” The manager interrupted Buffy and Spike engrossed in each other.

Spike picked up Buffy as the crowd cheered. Buffy clung to his neck never taking her eyes from him as they both thanked the manager. Spike jumped down from the stage and glanced towards Dawn and spoke briefly.

“Niblet, Buffy and I need a few hours. Don't be too late. Need to discuss something with both of you. Say around 11?” Dawn nodded happily.

“Right then, see you later.” Crushing Buffy closer to him, he added, “Thank you Niblet. You have no idea how much this means to me” Choking back the tears he heard Buffy tell him no more tears.

“Right, see you then Nib,” He stalked off with Buffy in his arms.

Buffy yelled back over Spike's shoulder, “Don't forget Dawnie! Back at 11!”

Spike stopped and looked at Buffy's watcher and her friends. Buffy looked at him questionably and then at her friends and Giles.

“What's going on?” Buffy narrowed her eyes looking back and forth between her love, Spike and back to her friend’s and Giles.

“Watcher got something to say?” Spike snarled but held tightly to Buffy.

Giles stuttered out, “N-N-No carry on”

Xander looked at them in disgust and tried to snap out angrily but Willow covered his mouth. With her hands over his mouth, he looked at her angrily but Willow looked at him and said to him harshly, “You see this face Xan?” At his nod she continued.

“Resolve face, Xan. Enough is enough. I'm tired of this and Dawn is right. It's not up to us what makes Buffy happy” Turning to Buffy with tears in her eyes she fought for the right words to say to Buffy.

“Buffy, I'm so sorry. I found out last month about Spike, but these two poopy heads convinced me from telling you. I’m so sorry Buffy” Willow dissolved into tears.

Buffy looked at Spike who reluctantly set her down on the floor. She warily made her way to her long time friend but glared at Xander to try and interrupt or cause a scene. Both Giles and Xander backed away with their hearts heavy.

“Wills, look at me”

Willow lifted her head and looked at Buffy with tears streaming down her face. Buffy's heart broke for her best friend. Buffy could understand how Willow must have felt being in the middle of this mess. Buffy embraced her and let her best friend cry her heart out for hurting her.

She really thought she should be angry but looking at Spike, she knew that they all placed Willow in a tough situation. Letting go of Willow after she had calmed a bit it suddenly occurred to her the whole story wasn't being told.

“Wait a minute, how did you come back Spike?” Buffy turned towards her love.

“I don't know Buffy. That Liz Taylor jewel lit me up as bright as the sun and then the next thing I know I'm in Angel's office, and I'm a bleedin’ ghost. Then I receive some mail and somehow like magic I have my soddin’ body back.”

Chuckling nervously he shifted his legs and added, “The office went off their bleedin’ gourds and next thing, I'm jumping Harmony who happens to have blood pouring from her eyes” At Buffy's scowl, he scratched the back of his neck and mustered the rest up.

“Right, the office was bloody barmy, and I beat Angel over a cup that happened to be Mountain Dew. Wanker. All on account of a prophecy about a vamp with a soul turning human. Since there are two vamps with souls well it seemed to cause a minor problem. I didn't give a soddin’ rat’s arse about the prophecy, and well I just hung around.

I tried to find where you were but the soddin’ poof told me that you had moved on.” Spike looked back up at her and saw her eyes flaming. His nose twitched and he hoped she didn’t go for his nose

“Oh bollocks”

“Spikey?” Buffy sweetly asked through barely clenched teeth.

Gulping he looked at her with wide fearful eyes, “Yes Buffy, luv.”

“Oh baby I'm not angry with you. Yeah I am upset you would believe that I moved on but didn't fight for me. Didn't fight for your love for me, but I understand now. You've been at Angel's office? Spike, honey since when?”

Nervously, he braced himself for the blow and answered her, “19 days after Sunnydale collapsed. Buffy, I tried to come to you. I did but I couldn't, and well it got hard to hear him everyday tell me you moved on”

Placing a loving caress to his cheek and giving him a chaste kiss to his lips she reassured him.

“Spike” When he still hesitated she used a different tactic.

“William” This caught his attention, and she had to hold back from jumping into his arms at his sad forlorn look.

“Spike, William baby, trust me it's not you I'm upset with. Angel will get what is coming to him, but I need to find out how it is that the three of you knew about Spike but Dawn, and I didn't” Buffy stated jarringly with refrained anger.

Dawn strode over to them angrily and spat out, “You and me both,” She looked at both the male counterparts of the Scoobies and knew it was centered on them. She looked at Willow apologetically.

“Buffy I forbid this! HE .IS. A. VAMPIRE” Giles declared in a hushed patronizing voice.

Completely disregarding his comment to forbid her to do what she wanted with her life, she looked towards her Spike.

With a surprisingly show of mocking shock, she locked eyes with Spike and scoffed, “No? Really, Spike did you know this?” Buffy batted her eyelashes and pouted.

Spike gathered his duster around him and whimpered. ‘Dirty pool Slayer' however, he was grinning madly at her performance.

Mocking back he looked wide-eyed and jumped looking frantically around. “What?! No bloody way! I'm a soddin’ vampire, eh?” He was enjoying himself and by the looks of it so were the girls. Not just Buffy. Willow and Dawn were desperately holding in the laughter.

Xander was turning purple with rage, and he tried to talk but apparently his mouth was moving but no words would come out. He looked at Willow angrily, but she pointed to her face telling him one thing only, resolve face. Buffy caught on to this and was highly curious.

“Wills now that we figured out what we already know, and that I know Spike is a vampire. What's with Xander? He looks like he’s all constipate-y” Buffy was delighted at least one of her friends remained on the goodness of her happiness.

Spike had eased up behind her and wrapped his arms around her while she snuggled into his chest. At the same time they both internally smiled and thought ‘this is heaven’

The entire time Willow had been honing her skills that Tara had once taught her. Sadly remembering her little witch lover, she blinked back the tears and focused her center again. What she saw in the auras surrounding Buffy, Spike, and Dawn was breathtaking.

“Oh Goddess! You three are beautiful” Willow braced herself against the table, but it was Spike who came to her aid to keep her upright.

“Red, you ok?” Spike looked at her with concern.

“Wow. I need to talk to you three later about what I just saw. It can wait. I heard something about Dawnie needing to be home at 11. That gives you three hours. So scoot.” She pushed them towards the door ignorant of their protesting about what she meant.

“Resolve face.” Pointing to her face, she demanded, “Get going. I will take Dawnie out and the two nitwits can drown in their sorrows” Willow pushed them out the door and shut it behind her.

Willow walked towards Dawn giving her a big hug while apologizing. Dawn shook her head knowing very well what this did to Willow but forgave her anyway.

“Dawnie, how about you and I leave these two to drown in this mess?” Winking at Dawn, she added, “Too bad Angel isn't here. He could have sulked with them”

Willow waved her hand and heard Xander explode in anger.

“Not this time Xander. I have complete control of my magic, but what you were about to say and do is wrong. Don't give me that look. When you get back to the hotel, I won't be there.”

Turning to the two men who once meant so much to her she stated with finality, “I can’t understand why you would place me in this position…But I let you. What’s done is done.

I am sad it has come to this but I am with Dawn, Buffy and Spike on this. What you all led me to believe is just wrong. Dawn is right. You should all be ashamed because I am. I have a lot to make up for and I will.” Shaking her head she started to head off when Dawn placed a hand to her arm and genuinely smiled at her.

“Come on Dawnie, help me pack and lets find something to do in the meantime” Willow walked off and hooked her arm with Dawn's and shut the door.

Xander and Giles slumped in their seats and motioned for the waiter to bring the alcohol and to keep it coming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy and Spike were surprised by Willow's take charge attitude, but now they were alone and Buffy felt her heart soar and her stomach a flutter.

“So, pet I don't think I have properly said hello,” He pulled her to him and looked deep into her big green eyes.

“I love you Buffy Anne Summers. There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about you. I'm sorry for being such a git” He placed a kiss to her nose and ran his fingers lightly down the sides of her face.

“Oh Spike, William I love you too. Wasn't it you who once told me you weren't much of a thinker, and that you made a lot of wrong bloody calls? Hmm?” Buffy whispered against his lips.

“I reckon.” Spike mumbled.

Buffy smacked his arm lightly. “Oi, Buffy.” He grinned at her infectious smile. Pulling her close he kissed her cheek and then the other he looked at her and casually added.

“I seem to recall that I also told you that you are the only one, I am sure about.” Propping them up against the tree outside her building, he kissed down her neck and enticed a moan from her.

“That I love what you are” kiss “What you do” kiss “How you try” kiss, “I have seen your strength and your kindness” kissing down her neck “That I have seen you at your best and worst” tucking her hair behind her ear, he looked into her eyes and finished, “I understand with perfect clarity what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy”

He pulled her tighter to him and kissed her breathless. Gasping for air she looked at him tears streaming down her face smiled up at him.

“I want to be the one” Smirking, she knew what she once said but this…This should have been what she said.

Pulling her to him he trembled with his desire for her. He pressed his forehead to hers and closed his eyes with the tremendous emotion he was feeling.

“Come on Spike. Oh you have some splainy to do. Why can't I feel you? I want to feel my vampire” Buffy blushed hotly at her double innuendo.

Where her snarky Spike would have leered at her innuendo, the Spike before her struggled with his emotions.

“Pet, when Dawn called, I was bloody shocked. Clem helped me out so I could surprise you. Dawn ordered me to be bloody invisible. Love, your sister can be downright manipulating when she wants to” Shuddering Spike muttered, “She is one bloody scary chit”

Buffy laughed and nodded her head in agreement. Spike looked at her in awe and ran his fingers through her hair.

“Buffy luv, it's really good to hear you laugh again, but if you believe I'm letting you do that ritual you're out of your bloody mind!”

“HEY!” Buffy slapped him on his arm but with barely any strength behind it.

“Spike I was doing that ritual to go to you and now… Now you're here. Can we go upstairs now? I want my favorite vampire smoochies!” Buffy let go of him and ran into her apartment building with Spike chasing after her.
End Notes:
April your help has been phenomenal! Thanks so much you're the best!
You are my home by Spikelissa
Author's Notes:
Sadly I do not own the characters nor do I own the songs I have used. I am playing with them! Enjoy! April you did a fantastic job, thank you so much!
Chapter 4 – You are my home.





Buffy and Spike collapsed in a fit of laughter and kisses against her door as she struggled with her keys to open the door. Buffy pulled away momentarily and stuck the key in her door to let them in. Pausing she turned to Spike and looked at him questionably.



"I don't need to invite you in do I?"



Spike guiltily looked at her,



"No Buffy I was already here with Dawn when you got here earlier. Like I said it had to be a bloody surprise."



Spike kneeled down to pick up William who had been rubbing up against his leg. Holding William the two purred and looked at Buffy's flabbergasted but amused expression.



"What" Spike daring her to poke fun at him.


Buffy's eyes flared with controlled hilarity responded quite cheerfully,



"I'm not making fun of you. I think it's cute a-a-and with the purring. Cute as it is I'm shocked too that William like's you"



"Take that back! I'm not cute" Spike growled causing William to look up and meow at Spike.



"See you two are cute together. Give it up Big Bad; you are my cute and sexy man. William is my cute kitty. I'm just still surprised that he has taken so well to you. He only likes me and Dawn"



"Really?" Spike stepped closer to Buffy and handed over the resisting blue eyed white Persian.



Buffy shook her head but was pleasantly pleased by William getting along with Spike. She put William down and watched the disappointed cat scurry off towards the kitchen.



Buffy put her keys on the table beside her door and placed her jacket on the coat hanger. Walking over to Spike she slipped behind him who eyed her suspiciously and felt her tug off his duster and place it on the coat hanger beside hers.



"Buffy luv should we…" Buffy cut him off placing her finger to his lips and softly said, " Shh" Taking Spike's hand, she led them to her room.



Spike gulped nervously,



"Buffy luv, you know I love you, but I can't go down that bloody road again. Are you really with me on this?"



"Doofus didn't you hear me tell you I am completely" kiss "madly" tugging his shirt out of his black jeans "desperately" pulled his shirt over his head and looked at his awed, loving, and lustful glazed eyes, "in love with you." Buffy's eyes shone with love and lust fixed her eyes on him.


Spike would have kept objecting because he didn't want to go down that road with her again. It was too painful but he didn't want her to think he didn't want her either. When she said she was in love with him again he was a goner. Looking into her eyes filled with love and lust, he let go of any doubts he had.


"Buffy luv, I love you so bloody much." Spike placed a loving kiss to her lips.



"I love you so bloody much too. I need to feel my bloody Spike!" Buffy pouted as she maneuvered them to her bed and straddled him.




Buffy listened as he said an incantation and suddenly the barrier was gone and her whole body felt like it was on fire. She felt his signature "Spike only induced tinglies" through every fiber of her body. Her blood was humming to life. Taking the initiative she kissed him fervently.



Suddenly, Buffy was everywhere. She was rubbing herself against him and Spike's desire for her was so intense, that he felt as if he was about ready to burst threw his jeans. He really didn't want her to think he didn't want her, but he gently pushed her off. Seeing the look of hurt and confusion in her eyes, he quickly placed a finger against her lips.




"Shh, I want to take this nice and very slow." Still seeing the hurt and fading lustful eyes he gently lifted her sweater above her head to see, much to his relief her face softened with love.



"I am going to make love to you, sweetness. The bloody way I always wanted to, luv"



At her gasp of pleasure, he seductively spoke against her neck, "Ah-Ah kitten, Spike is going to take good care of you. Christ Buffy you smell heavenly"



He caressed her skin as he removed her boots and jeans and placed them upon the chair beside her bed.


He eased out of her arms and laid her upon her bed clad with her black-laced bra and matching hipsters.


‘An I always thought her thong’s were sexy. Bloody hell I won't last a minute'



He knew she was eyeing him suspiciously as he went about the room, gathering the many items that he had laid out earlier to give it that romantic glow. He placed a sheer red shawl to the lamp on her dresser then proceeded to light the countless candles scattered around her room.



Glancing towards the CD player he noticed the music. He grabbed one and prayed he wasn't made fun of because he liked this song.


‘Actually I like the whole CD mix, hmm could let it run while I make love to my girl'


Placing it to repeat for the duration he walked towards Buffy.


Removing his shirt he threw it on top of Buffy's clothes and then extended his hand asking gently.



" Will you dance with me?".



"Dancing. That's all we've ever done, haven't we?" Buffy punned as she walked towards him.


"Oh, but we've never danced like this before, pet."


Spike whispered sweetly as he pulled her to him, wrapping his arms tightly around her holding her close for just a few moments. Overjoyed to have his golden goddess in his embrace once again, loving the smell that belonged only to Buffy. Rubbing the silky softness of her hair against his cheek and remembering the way that her skin responded to his touch alone, as he trailed his fingertips across her back. Feeling her warmth that he had missed so much, but never dared hoped to feel again.


Smirking, Spike closed his eyes, placed a kiss atop her head, and began to move. Dancing with her intimately he knew they both were aroused. Her heat and her black lace lingerie electrified his body even more so than before.



Buffy looked at Spike in shock but her eyes sparkled with mirth locked with his cerulean eyes when she heard what her stereo was playing.


All of my life
I've been searching
For someone to find me
I have been looking
Waiting for your arms
To hold me



"You like Chayanne and Vanessa Williams?" Buffy spoke with amusement.



Spike glared at Buffy and growled, "You tell anyone and you'll be sorry missy "



"OOOH Whatcha gonna do? Your threats really only go so far honey. Actually, I have known you for so long now, and I'm thinking this is a good thing, don't you think so?"



Spike pulled her closer and ignoring her questioning. Huskily he sang in her ear while they were swaying to the music. Buffy picked up Vanessa's part with him and sang along with him.


“You took me
In from the cold
And out of the dark
You have taken me
Into your heart”


You are my home
You are the one that I come to
You are the shelter I run to
To keep me safe from the cold
You are my home
You are the love
That completes me
You are the touch
That has freed me
I look in your eyes
And I know
You're my home
You're my home


You were the light in the window
When I couldn't find my way
You led my heart to
A warm tender place Here beside you


You're where I always will be
And you're where I belong
I've been looking for you
For so long


You are my home
You are the one that I come to
You are the shelter I run to
To keep me safe from the cold
You are my home
You are the love
That completes me
You are the touch
That has freed me
Now I look in your eyes
And I know
You're my home


Buffy knew the song by heart, and he already loved her singing. Smiling she pulled him closer. With all her heart and soul, she continued to sing with him. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard them singing together.


‘How can he make singing sound like a sin? And how did I never realize that we so sound good together?'


You are my home
You are the one that I come to
You are the shelter I run to
To keep me safe from the cold
You are my home
You are the love
That completes me
You are the touch
That has freed me
Now I look in your eyes
And I know
You're my home


And I'll never be alone


You are my home
You are the one that I come to
You are the shelter I run to
To keep me safe from the cold
You are my home
You are the love
That completes me
You are the touch
That has freed me
Now I look in your eyes
And I know
You're my home

You never have to be alone
Be alone, baby
Baby, you're my home
Never have to be alone
Never have to be alone, babe
I look in your eyes
Te miro a los ojos
Y me haces sentir
You're my home
You're my home



Mesmerized by each other they crashed into a powerful lip lock that ended them on the bed. Engrossed by the other, they hadn't a clue when they removed their clothing.



He worshipped her body until she was panting for more. He eased himself inside her with an overwhelming sensation that this was his heaven, his heart, and his home.



Trembling with the emotions of how he felt for Buffy, he thought he had placed these feelings deep inside his heart. He had thought he would never feel this again and was moved beyond words as they made love. They moaned in pleasure as their bodies danced with the other. Buffy pulled him closer shaking with yearning; she didn't realize she was crying from the intense emotions from their lovemaking.


Spike gently brushed her tears with his thumbs as he held her face in his hands completely at a loss questioned, "Buffy luv, are you okay?"



"Oh God yes. I just…Um Sp-Spike, William…I want to ask you something"



Buffy buried her face into his chest and hoped he would say yes and prayed he hadn't with anyone else. She would be devastated if he had.



"Kitten, Buffy luv, look at me"



Spike lifted her head to meet her gaze, "You can ask me anything."



"O-Okay but, please say y-yes." Taking a breath she looked at his concerned eyes.



"I want you to claim me, because I really want to claim you" Buffy held her breath and waited for the rejection.



Spike froze.




Buffy winced.



Babbling on she sadly stated, "You don't have to. Forget I asked."



She wiggled and tried to restart the rhythm while she dared to look at his darkened lustful eyes.



"Buffy luv, you know that it's permanent,"



"I know it's a binding unlike what humans have in a traditional wedding. I want this more than anything, please" A tear slid down and her heart plummeted that he hadn't said yes yet.



Clinging to him as tightly as she could she felt him deep within her, and she exploded when she felt his fangs pierce gently into her neck right over Angel's bite.



Still convulsing around him, she latched on as her sharp canines pierced over Drusilla's mark.


‘I have fangs? Oh, oh maybe because of the claiming ritual'



Taking pulls from their marks, they came together with a passionate kiss mingling with their blood. Moving as one they tended to their marks, and together they spoke their claim.



"Mine! My love, my eternity, and my home, I vow, my loyalty, my heart, my mate above all else and beyond eternity, I am yours"



A bright yellow, white, red, and purple haze surrounded them as the claim took and from the intensity of the powerful binding they blacked out intertwined and joined with each other.


~~~~~~



"Willow?"



"Yes sweetie?"



Willow looked at Dawn who just grabbed the last of her bags and headed for the door.



"I'm sorry you had to get in the middle of this."



"Dawn it isn't so much as being placed in the middle, I had a choice and well, I felt cornered. What took place, happened you know"



Dawn wisely looked up as something came to her.



"What did you mean about what you saw in our auras?"


Willow looked at Dawn as she had hoped this could wait, but she knew Dawn would be insistent.



"It wasn't just you, Buffy, and Spike…It was me too"



"Let me get the book that I have been reading Dawn, and then you will understand why I was blown away"



Looking through her suitcase she found the book and handed it to Dawn.



There was a knock on the door and with one last look to see if they missed anything, they set off with the concierge.



"Oh Willow you can drop off your luggage with our doorman" Dawn suggested.



"Oh that's great! I wouldn't want to be lugging this all around"


Dawn and Willow got in the cab to take them to the Summers' apartment building. As soon as they arrived at the Summers' apartment building Antonio the doorman locked Willow's luggage safely away only to have her stall him, so she could retrieve what she needed.



They thanked Antonio and made their way out into the night.



"Willow come on just give me a little hint, pretty please!" Dawn batted her eyelashes and pouted.



"You really want to know don't you?"


"YES" Dawn growled stubbornly.



"Fine, but you see this?" Willow pointed towards her face showing her resolve face.



Dawn sighed, nodded and steered Willow towards the cafe.



"Come on there's the cafe,"



They weaved through the small crowd and found a table in the corner. Willow sat across from Dawn and placed the book in front of them and turned to the section she needed.



"Dawnie this is important, this isn't so much as a prophecy as it is a destiny,” Willow declared.


“What do you mean destiny? How does this include Buffy, Spike and us?” Dawn questioned leaning in.



"Ok Dawnie but I'm not telling you much until we include Buffy and Spike ok?" Willow pointed to her face, showing that her resolve face was still very much in place.



"Fine, fine you get to win this time so tell me what you can"



Leaning in closer careful of eavesdroppers.



"I read up on this section" Willow turned to a chapter mentioning Destiny's.



"I have no idea why Giles never took the time to read this book, but he told me constantly it was rubbish."



Dawn looked down at the book in shock at what it said.



Willow picked up on her shock and placed her hand in Dawn's hand interlocking them, as their hands were aflame.


Consequently, as to not draw in any attention they let go of their hands and stared in stunned silence.



Dawn looked down at her right hand and felt the burn but what had her mind reeling though was sudden truth of it.



"Willow," Dawn quietly asked and raised her head with tears in her eyes.


"Dawnie I know. Don't say anything yet because I'm still all with the huh."



Shaking her head she looked at Willow directly in her eyes and blurted out what she needed to say.



"That's why I felt so different? It just wasn't being the Key was it? It's our Destiny, isn't it?" Dawn demanded.



"Afraid so sweetie. I don't know how I'm feeling about this either. Buffy and Spike won't like it either. We all are getting tired of being the puppets of some greater force."



Suddenly, Dawn jumped in her seat in excitement of what she just realized.



"Oh my God! I should have thought about this!"


"What Dawnie?" Willow questioned but her curiosity peeked.




"Buffy told me what happened in the cave. She interlocked her left with his right. A-And oh I interlocked my right with your right. Oh! Oh! It completes a circle of four!" Dawn enthusiastically and proudly stated.



“Dawnie you know it just wasn’t that. You’re right but it isn’t just a circle of four it’s a circle of six.” Willow narrowed her eyes sadly.



“I know they will be livid that I am involved but this is our destiny isn't it? I wonder who the other two are?"



Quietly, Willow responded with much trepidation, "Dawnie I know who mine is, but I will wait until we speak to Buffy and Spike. I have already had this interlocking flame with this new Witch at the coven. Yours is out there but this Destiny of Six the Kings and Queens of the world is going to freak out Buffy and Spike, big time!"



Willow grabbed her book and stood up from her seat held out her hand to Dawn.



Dawn interlocked her arm with Willow's, and they walked out of the cafe.



"I know where we can discuss this. We still have an hour" Dawn turned her head to hide her excitement. "I'm destined to be with someone"


Willow turned around and contemplated Dawn but then gave her hand a squeeze, and together they walked out into the night.



"Dawn whatever the case may be this is a fact, this destiny isn't like a prophecy, this is written in stone, a fact"


Dawn nibbled at her lip and quietly muttered, " Willow, we need to get our mates but since you know yours, we need to find mine quickly. I am feeling the link now, and we need to do it soon or we’ll die"



At Willow's horrified look Dawn collapsed in Willow's arms.
Immortality by Spikelissa
Author's Notes:
Not mine I am just playing with them though I really wish Spike was mine!
Chapter 5 – Immortality




Willow did everything she could to get Dawn to wake up. Whatever had happened to Dawn that had her stating that about the Destiny's Six was powerful enough to have knocked out the slim framed Dawn.


“Come on Dawnie wake up! I want to get you back in one piece, and if you're like this Buffy will assume I did something wrong. Please, Dawnie wake up”


Willow tried sprinkling some water from her water bottle over Dawn's face. Nothing worked. Picking up Dawn she made her way to the nearby bench.


Willow was extremely worried as Dawn still had not stirred, but she did notice the rapid movement of Dawn's eyelids. This gave her hope that Dawn was ok.


Dawn however, fell into a dream like state since telling Willow the importance of Destiny's six. Her keyness was seeking out her mate because they were short on time. Dawn didn't really know how to channel her keyness, but she did feel the essence seeking the one that belonged with her.


Dawn at this point felt queasy going through continent after continent and jumping through time and portholes.


Willow looked at her phone to see what the time was when she saw Dawn float up in colors of bright yellow, white, red, and purple. Willow tried her hardest to get Dawn down from being suspended over five feet in the air.


Willow tried to pull at Dawns feet only to be surrounded by the very same light surrounding Dawn and slowly ascending to where Dawn hovered. As she reached Dawn, she noticed that her eyes were a bright luminescent green.


Dawn turned to her and in a melodious voice declared when Willow was right in front of her.


“The First defeated by the being more than human but his pure soul reflected thy light beneath bringing upon the destruction of the old age evil. The champion will rise again. Destiny awakened but the evil witch sets out to break the Six. The Key awakens and brings the six together. Forming an unbreakable circle immortalizes and grows into their power.


The power multiplies as they cast the Ritual of Binding. Binding the six awakens the mates to save and bring the line of potentials once again but severing the awakened potentials.”


With the very last words, both Willow and Dawn were suspended in air fell into a deep sleep surrounded by a protection barrier.


Willow was very worried when she came to. Looking around her all she could see was the brightest light and Dawn curled up in a ball on the endless white ground.


Moving towards Dawn she gently shook her to awaken.


Dawn's eyes fluttered open and squinted at the bright light. Lifting her head she rubbed her head groaning.


“Willow where are we?” Dawn looked at her quizzically.


“Dawnie I have no idea, but I thought we were locked in some barrier back in Italy but seeing as I can touch you, I believe we have journeyed to a different realm”


“You have”


Startled by another presence both Willow and Dawn turned around and stood in shock.


Both stammered on but it was finally Willow who answered, “Tara, baby is it really you?”


“Willow I have missed you so but please, there isn't much time. This was the only time the Powers would grant me to help guide you”


Running towards Willow and Dawn she fiercely hugged both and there wasn't a dry eye among them.


Breaking apart Tara knew she needed to be quick, so she gave them each a squeeze to their hands and backed away.


“Baby this isn't a reunion. I will always hold you in my heart but Willow you need to move on. I was meant for this and you my love were meant for Gia. Dawnie oh how I have missed you. I was in all of your lives for a reason and that reason was to bring you to your true destiny.” Holding her hand up telling them both that she needed to continue, they tearfully listened.


“Buffy and Spike have started the process of your destiny's. You both, as were Connor and Gia effected by the claim. When you awaken both Connor and Tia will be there. You must do the Binding Ritual tonight before the witch gains knowledge of Destiny's Six coming together. Destiny's Six is important because you all hold the mates who will bring a new line of potentials and depleting your spell cast when fighting the First. Together your children, the mates will produce the line.”


“Tara, Buffy and Spike can't produce children!” Willow cried out.


Tara contemplated Willow and Dawn and realized she needed to explain more in detail.


“Yes Spike could not before the mating. However, he can now. He has been elevated to a living vampire and the two babies that he and Buffy have they will be two of the mates to the new line of potentials. After the first two children, should they have more they will be just children a blessing, children for them to care for just as they would care for the Mates of Destiny.”


Dawn had been listening intently and a crazy and sick notion had her scrunching her face in disgust.


“Ewww, Tara that means all of our babies' mate and have hot monkey sex. That's just gross.”


Tara knew this would come up, but it had to be done.


“At first Dawnie we considered it would be Xander and Anya because we believed you were the child of Buffy and Spike but this isn't so. We also thought that you were made of Buffy because this was what we were told. However, this is not the case. When Buffy combined your blood it had the power to transfer some of your keyness into her allowing her to take your place. You were sent to pose as her sister, but you are not blood related. I'm so sorry Dawn”


Dawn had been listening and while she should be upset and with the kicking and screaming she could not because it made sense. Sure it made sense but it was also heart breaking that she belonged to no one. She was without a family. This fact alone brought tears to her eyes.


Tara knowing how this effected Dawn walked up to her and placed a hand to her tear stained face.


“Dawnie you are part of this family, the family of Destiny's Six. You all will forever be a part of the greatest growing family, the line of potentials. Don't ever doubt that you don't belong. You all do. In 50 years you have a decision to make. You can either elevate or stay for another 50 years. Each 50 year's you have this decision. Please let Buffy and Spike know of this.” Tara ended sadly knowing her time was almost up.


“Tara baby what do you mean to elevate?” Willow asked concerned and yet curious.


“You will each have the option to elevate to Guardian status in the realm of The Powers that Be. You will gain peace, the peace we regretfully took from Buffy. Please tell Buffy that she can have that peace again, and that it was among the Powers that Be. She doesn't remember but she was with them. She was loved, at peace, and finished. She watched over us all but being taken from her peace, she remembers it only as being heavenly. Her heaven was as a Guardian. She as you all are a part of Destiny's Six will get that peace as Guardian's.”


Taking a moment she turned back and spoke tenderly, “I must go. The Powers are summoning me and telling me that Connor and Tia have arrived. I must tell you this Dawn because you must tell Spike and Buffy. Connor is Angel's son. He is known as the Destroyer, but what he doesn't know yet is he has fulfilled his destiny and is now apart of you and the Destiny's Six.


I know you are wondering how Angel had a son, but it's really irrelevant. He was part of a prophecy with Darla, and together they had Connor. Wolfram & Hart brought back Darla. Please, all of you must be careful of the witch and Angel. Buffy knows who the witch is, she was the one to give Buffy the ritual to go to Spike. Angel will try to fight Spike for Buffy. Please heed to everything I have said. Goodbye immortals, I love you all.”


As she said her parting words she faded into the light leaving Willow and Dawn in tears.


When she was gone, they too fell into the void only to be awakened near the bench back in Italy. Breathing heavily they both looked up and true to Tara's word there stood Gia and the one they knew as Connor.


Blue eyes met blue eyes while green met green.


Stunned by their sudden appearance Connor and Tia helped up their mates. Tia already knowing who Willow and Dawn were stood back and watched eagerly with Willow as Dawn and Connor shyly held hands.


“Hi I am Connor. Gianna has already filled me in.”


Taking Dawn's hand they followed Tia and Willow back to the Summer's home when suddenly Dawn burst out laughing.


“Oh my god Spike and Buffy are going to totally wig out when they meet you!” taking a deep breath she giggled once again until she had tears streaming down her cheeks.


Gia and Willow had joined in laughing but Connor was confused and feeling he missed something that had the girls in a fit of giggles.


“Um not sure what's so funny but why are they going to wig?” Connor questioned.


Willow stopped and pointed it out to him.


“Well, I guess you didn't meet Spike but when Angel finds out oh boy will there be trouble! See Angel used to be with Buffy. Long story. Spike won't be too happy that your Dawn's mate, but he will deal. The thing is Spike doesn't like your father.”


“Oh, well then you should know that I don't have much love for him either. What's with all the brooding?” Connor asked with a chuckle.


“Oh the woe is me let me brood in my corner” Dawn giggled and added, “The over grown bat can't get too happy. He won't be so happy knowing you're half way across the world. Add that to your now being with and one of us, oh yeah that's just going to make his day.”


Turning to Willow, Dawn motioned for them to get moving but warned the others as they walked.


“We must be careful. Not only are we dealing with a crazy witch, but we will be dealing with Angel as well. God we don't ever get a break but wow immortality”


Everyone was in awe of their immortality but in agreement to watch each other's backs. They made a pact that they would get through this and to hell with a batty witch and a broody vampire. Both Willow and Dawn secretly praying that Angelus wouldn't be making an appearance.
End Notes:
April you have been the best beta and friend ever! Thank you so much for all of your help!
May Angels Lead You In by Spikelissa
Author's Notes:
April my dearest best friend and sister of my heart you have helped me so much with my stories that I can't thank you enough!!! As usual no copyrite infringement intended...Enjoy! Reviews greatly appreciated!
Chapter 6 – May angels lead you


JIMMY EAT WORLD

May angels lead you in…
Here you me my friends…


Spike brought Buffy closer to him and kissed her head breathing in her scent, which mingled with his own. It was then that he realized he was dressed in a loose fitted white half button down shirt and white drawstring pants. If the colors weren't so blindingly white he would have ranted to Buffy asking her when the bloody hell she dressed him and what the bloody hell she dressed him in!

That's when he noticed his mate too was beautified in the silkiest fabric known to man or vampire in his case.

“Buffy luv, wake up sweetheart,” Spike sensuously ran his hand up her side reveling in the feel of the silky garment to then running his fingers through her hair.

Spike kissed and nibbled her full lips begging for entrance to awaken his golden goddess.

Buffy moaned as her eyes fluttered open to stare into his mischievous blues.

“S-Spike hmm”

“Buffy love, wake up, something you want to tell me?”

Buffy moved into him to block out the bright light groaning but blissfully happy from sharing a beautiful and breathtaking moment with Spike. This was what her morning after with him should have been…Except it wasn't morning.

“Spike” Buffy spoke softly.

“Awake yet, kitten?” Spike spoke affectionately while stroking her hair.

“Wow that was beautiful. I haven't blacked out from so much pleasure, not since we were last together…Wait why are we clothed…Huh? A dress? Oh my god!” Buffy finally saw and ogled Spike, panting.

Spike smirked and softened his gaze when her eyes shone with love while gazing over his white clad body.

Buffy straddled him and grabbed his head placing a burning kiss to his luscious lips. She wanted him badly. He looked so damn sexy in his white half button down shirt and white drawstring pants. She knew he wanted her.

She was just about to unbutton his shirt when they heard a feminine cough break through interrupting their moment.

That was then when Buffy realized they weren't in the apartment.

“Spike where are we?” Buffy whispered in his ear.

“Sweets I don't know but maybe the one bloody coughing can tell us, yeah?”

Buffy moved off Spike's lap and both then turned around and were speechless but angry at who interrupted them.

“Well, Buffy I was wondering when you two would get together. It's about time but we have a lot to discuss.” The being spoke thoughtfully.

“You're out of your bleeding gourd thinking we’d speak with you…Darla”

Sighing she knew this would be difficult. She knew very well that they wouldn't trust her, and she wouldn't even begin to try, but she’d changed. She knew the Powers were urging her to try.

“Fine William, I know that neither of you have any reason to trust nor believe me, but you will soon know what I will say is true.” Darla stated simply.

Buffy had listened to them speak, Spike angered and Darla calm. She knew that Darla had been dusted years ago, and she was confused as to why she was here, wherever they were. Finding her voice she finally decided to find out what was going on.

“Stop arguing cut to the chase Darla because I could have sworn your Childe dusted you years ago.” Buffy glared at Darla with her arms crossed.

“I guess your boy here didn't tell you…” Darla said with mocking sweetness.

“Tell me what?” Buffy narrowed her eyes at Darla and then searched Spike's blues anxiously.

Spike guiltily looked at Buffy and glared at Darla. He truly was well buggered this time and judging by Buffy's searching look and Darla's too calm look had him bloody nerved.

“Buffy luv, remember when Dru paid a visit?” Spike shamefully looked away.

Buffy replied confused, “Yes but what does Darla have to do with it?”

Spike scratched the back of his neck and looked to his love. He was ashamed to admit never telling her of what he knew, but he scowled at Darla for making this come out now.

“Dru rambled on about Grandmother now being a sister, and well I didn't get it then and when I did I didn't hear of Darla coming around and bloody hell, I just didn't tell you, but I did feel when she dusted again. What I don't understand is why she is with the Powers that like to muck up our lives. Darla, care to bloody share?” Spike spat out but calmed as Buffy wrapped her arms around him.

Buffy knew what he said made him feel tremendous guilt as she felt it pulsating through their claim something she needed to question him about. However, she was not upset at Spike, as she was upset about where she was and why Darla was there.

“Darla enough already! I want to know what the hell is going on, and I want to know now!” Buffy spoke through clenched teeth reigning in her frustration.

Spike was bloody glad that Buffy wanted to focus more on the why and the where instead of his stupid bloody omission but her scowling still made him feel even more guilt.

“You're right Buffy, but I do need to answer a few questions running through your minds.”

They both tried to cut in but to no avail, Darla was taking the floor.

“Ah-Ah-Ah, I have to do this as it is at the request of the Powers that Be. Yes, I was brought back and for a prophecy with Angel. We had a son.”

Buffy gasped but Spike snorted with disbelief and a face telling them that vamps swimmers didn't bloody work.

Darla huffed, “Oh don't look at me that way it's true. To have my son, I dusted myself to let him live and found my way here. I tell you all of this because you two among others are part of a Destiny…”

Buffy was painfully sad and knew it was affecting Spike, but she knew he was assuming that it was due to Angel having a son with Darla when it wasn't at all what she was so saddened by. She wanted children with Spike.

Spike felt the anguish coming off Buffy and immediately assumed she was still harboring feelings for Angel, but he hadn't felt any feelings towards his grand sire through the claim, so he was a bit bloody confused as to why she was feeling so bloody sad.

Darla had felt the confusion and sadness rolling off in waves from Buffy and Spike, and since they both had yet to question her, she would ease their pain because she knew she owed it to both Buffy and Spike.

Gently, she laid her glowing white skin to each of their hands and began, “The Powers have given me strict orders. They want me to tell you the exactly why you are here and the truth. I will not give you something cryptic to go back with just the truth.”

Both eyed her suspiciously but kept their mouths grimly closed and yet they felt surprisingly warm from her holding their hands.

“Buffy you blacked out with Spike. Your mating has started the Destiny of Six the King and Queens of the World. You were filled with a bright yellow, white, red, and purple haze as your claim took place on each other but started the binding of the other four. It's a Destiny, a fact, written in stone but most of all you all belong together.”

Letting this sink in she looked to Buffy's tear streaked face and Spike's awed face.

“This is too much to take in, Darla. Why are you being so nice?” Buffy quietly spoke.

“Honey, I am still the same just not the vampire you met, and I have undergone a cleansing and owe it all to my son. I know it's a lot to take in but there's more…”

“Great, they are making us bloody pawns yet again. Get on with it Darla” Spike rolled his eyes in exasperation.

“God is he always like this!” Darla retorted.

“Honey, your making Darla, the messenger for the Powers, get all pissy. Oh, yes Darla he is pretty much like this. You were saying?” Buffy punned.

Spike rolled his eyes but loved the fact that he saw his mate, his love, and his Slayer was happy. Bringing her closer he looked to Darla raising his eyebrow questionably at her.

“Yes make fun of the messenger. Hope you got it out of your system because now I need to give you the message. It's not a coincidence you two are together. Buffy, I am sorry but Angel was never for you. He was supposed to help you not devastate you. He was however, the one supposed to help William change sides, but we know how that played out.” Darla shared regretfully.

Buffy stared as Spike opened and closed his mouth, genuinely speechless.

“You both need to understand what I am about to explain. You both were tested and since Angel never did his job or listened to what the Powers sent to him in dreams, the Powers had to do what was needed. Buffy that peace you felt was here in the Realm not heaven.” Darla carefully stated.

With tears streaming down her golden skin, Buffy clung to Spike trembling whispered, “I was never in heaven?”

Spike glared furiously at Darla and held on tightly to Buffy muttering, “Bloody bitch making my girl upset.”

“I'm sorry Buffy, I truly am. However, I must be quick. You are immortal now.” Darla said with delicacy.

“What?” both Spike and Buffy cried out.

Darla rolled her eyes in irritation interrupted, “You both knew Buffy would be tied to you due to the claim, but you are immortal. It has been explained to the others who are apart of Destiny's Six but you all will be Immortal with the choice to elevate in 50 years as Guardians. Buffy you were a Guardian when you believed you were in heaven. You were at peace, you were loved, and finished, but you were a Guardian. Again the others will know this, please discuss it with them. They have been told as you are being told.” Darla informed them.

“Bloody hell Darla, stop speaking riddles. Who are these others?” Spike spoke impatiently still holding a now calmed Buffy who listened intently.

“You know actually two of them, Willow and Dawn.” Darla braced herself for the yelling.

“No. Dawn is not apart of this Darla. Change it now!” Buffy said desperately.

Spike gritted his teeth and clenched and unclenched his fists.

Darla knew this would happen when she mentioned Dawn. She really was rather peeved at the Powers for having her do this to them, but she owed it to Buffy and Spike…And to herself.

“Argh!!!!!! I can't do this! Don't make me do this!” Darla seemingly screamed upwards confusing a rather pissed off Slayer and vampire.

Turning to face Buffy and Spike, she angrily spat “Shut up! Do you realize that I am the one to have to tell you all of this? NO! You would rather get pissed off because your precious Dawn is part of the Destiny Six that YOU TWO BELONG TO! Oh no and you don't even realize how I feel about my son, my Connor having twins with Dawn! No one asked me how I felt about that, but I can't do a damn thing about it! The pull will be too strong for them and no one can stop it.

You get pissed off and I have to put on a damn cheery face and attitude to tell you about your Destiny's. You have some nerve! I am here to guide you and give you some truths! I'm done I can't do this anymore! It's too hard! Don't make me do it!” Darla shoulders slumped as she buried her hands in her tear-streaked face that had welled up during her rage.

Buffy and Spike were pissed as was to be expected but shocked more so at Darla's furious and emotional words. They really tried to cut in but an emotional driven Darla ranted on stunning them by the second.

Through pain filled tears Darla let go, “Don't make me do this, please! It's not fair! Do you have any idea how lucky you are? Any idea? No I didn't think so. I asked for one wish and that was to see my son once more until he finally came here but no, they can't even grant me that! Did you know that not only does Dawn and Connor have twins but that Gianna and Willow are gifted each with a baby? Did you know that you two also have twins?”

Noticing their looks of disbelief and Spike's look telling her vamps swimmers can't produce she huffed and wiped her tears away.

“Wipe that look off your faces it gets better. Destiny's Six produce the Mates of Destiny that will deplete Willow's spell and having the line of potentials run through them. Their children will be the protectors until the last war. I know it's a lot to take in, and it won't be easy but you all get to live and then finally have your peace. These six mates and their offspring will make you proud…” Darla cut off knowing she had stalled long enough.

Moving towards a perplexed and silent Buffy she grasped her hands and with tears spilling over, she prayed Buffy would look for comfort rather than taking it out on her.

“Buffy, Dawn isn't your sister.” Darla crumbled into tears still grasping Buffy's hands.

“What?” Buffy hoarsely spoke as tears rimmed her eyes threatening their way down her face.

Spike not one for the tears made his way to offer some support to his mate and Darla.

“I-I-I'm so sorry Buffy. She is not your sister, but she is family in every other sense just not blood.” Darla expressed as gently as possible.

“But I died to let her live! How is that possible that I did that? I saved the world” Buffy exclaimed.

Contemplating her she was about to answer when Spike answered for her.

“It's always the blood. Buffy, you do remember sharing blood with the Nibblet?” Spike mulled over while remembering he wasn't fast enough or strong enough to wipe out the lop-sided bitch. Grimacing at the fact that his girls had been hurt.

Tentatively, Buffy responded slowly, “Yes, I remember”

However, before Darla or Spike could even answer her, a bright white light shown and faded to an irate Cordelia Chase.

“Oh cut the crap!” Cordelia impatiently ordered.

“Still bitchier than ever Cordelia” Buffy scoffed.

Spike raised an eyebrow and smirked at the brassiness of Cordelia and yet amused at Buffy and even Darla's glares. Not really caring for Darla but finding it rather unsettling how protective he felt for her, he would have jumped right in had Darla not held him back and took stance in front of Cordelia.

“What are you doing here? This is my job to tell them!” Darla spat and narrowed her eyes. She really had no idea what the Powers were up to and really hoped this was not a test.

“No Darla, this isn't a test. I'm really sorry for the rude interruption but the way things were going on you would all still be here well into next week!” Cordelia directed towards Buffy and Spike.

Darla scowled and retorted back, ”You know why I was taking my time, Cordelia!”

Sighing she placed a comforting pat to Darla's shoulder and smiled sympathetically, and together they confronted Buffy and Spike.

“Well, now that I am here no beating around the bush. I'm giving it to you straight. Darla here is more emotional than I am…”

“Hey!” Darla glared at her but earned sympathetic looks by Buffy and Spike.

“Fine! Well, here it is and listen up! I will tell this only once. This is how it goes…Buffy, Spike the both of you are part of a destiny called the Destiny Six. You must perform a bonding ritual with the other four. You must do this with Gianna and Willow as well as Connor and Dawn. You will die if you don't. Sorry sucks to be you, but it is what it is. It's fate. You are not pawns for the Powers that Be. Well, your grandchildren might be because they truthfully will be immortal and the potential line will run through the Mates of Destiny. Which happens to be Destiny Six’s children. Got that so far?”

At their nods, she proceeded waving off their attempts to cut in.

“Your children consist of two twins. Connor and Dawn will have another set of twins. The next set of babies will be a miracle. Gianna and Willow will each have a child. This will make up the Mates of Destiny. Please follow this as we have peeked into each of your minds and know that you will not object.”

Looking at Cordelia both Buffy and Spike were puzzled and noticed the sheet of paper appear from thin air.

Clearing her throat she recited, “We the Powers that Be are congratulating you all for your help and for your hearts in this fight against evil. With the immortality you have the option to rejoin us as a Guardian Buffy. Please choose wisely as this will always be an option every 50 year's. This will be Destiny's Six's choice as well as offspring in time to come. William you were an oddity, but we have never been more pleased with you. You have been gifted by the Powers that be as a living vampire that will allow you to not only have twins that are part of the Mates of Destiny but more children to follow. You are also granted the gift to walk in the sun.”

Buffy and Spike looked at each other in shock but laughed giddily and considered that maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

Cordelia passed the rest of the parchment towards Darla who took over.

Darla began, “We realize that you will wish to name your own children, but we have taken the necessary liberties and have taken each of your wishes for names of children. They are as follows…

Gianna Gallagher will be taking Willow Rosenberg's last name and their children are: Rowan Athena Rosenberg and Alexander Michael Rosenberg.

We realize that Connor may object, but we felt the desire to at least have Dawn keep her last name and gift it to Connor as per his mother's wish.”

Tears formed in Darla's eyes as she realized that Buffy had grabbed her hand and held on to her hand with her own tears of gratitude.

“Their children are: Ava Alexis Summers and Caden Joshua Summers.”

Realizing the emotion Darla was feeling Cordelia took the parchment and lowered her own tearful eyes as she heard Darla whisper, “I'm going to be a grandmother.”

Cordelia read on, “Buffy and Spike you may object but this is in your hearts and your children are: Ella Anne Pratt and William James Pratt.”

Buffy squeaked, “Pratt?”

“Spike baby what aren't you telling me?” Buffy slyly stated with a mischievous smile on her face.

Growling he took her in his arms, “What are you going to do? Poke fun at my bloody last name, luv?”

Giggling she kissed his lips, “Oh no, I'm just glad I know what last name I will be taking when I walk down the aisle.”

Giggling once again at Spike's look of awe and gob smacked look, she looked back to Cordelia, “You were saying Cordy.”

Cordelia stifling a giggle herself started again, “The Mates of Destiny are what they are: mates. The Mates are as follows and there will be no stopping it, as they will be drawn to each other.

Rowan and William
Ella and Caden
Alexander and Ava.

Please take to heed as there will be forces that will try to stop this, but we believe in you, warriors. We send our sympathies for any pain, suffering, and loss you have endured. We hope that you take these gifts at value that we do look after our own. Blessed be, warriors.”

Cordelia felt the Powers calling her back and quickly added, “Buffy and Spike, please be careful and please watch out for Angel it will get messy.”

Taking her cue Darla handed them the parchment and also added, “I'm truly sorry for everything, please forgive me and send my love to my son.”

Darla grasped each of their hands quickly and then surprised them by hugging them both. With tears in her eyes, she backed away waving and disappeared.

Wrapping each other in their arms they felt the pull back to their own realm and whispered to their angels that lead them to their gifts.

“Thank you.” Buffy and Spike whispered to the departed messengers.

Embracing each other, they kissed deeply and then Buffy and Spike disappeared.
Edge of Eternity by Spikelissa
Author's Notes:
I own nothing but an immense gratitude to my beta, April. Even through RL you still stuck by me...A million hugs! To my reviewers sorry for the delay but as I said from Blood Ties I have been god awful sick...Hopefully it has passed...Enjoy! I really do love the reviews they are what keeps me going!
Chapter 7 – Edge of Eternity


Destiny cannot be shaken
Fate will send us where we need to be
Many turns our love has taken
But in the end you're standing here with me
Now it's a long road to forever
But together I know we'll find a way

Now we're standin' on the edge
Edge of the eternity you and I
We're standin' hand in hand
Nothing will break our love
I'll cherish you each day 'til I die
For all eternity you and I

My heart's filled with such emotion
You're the reason for the air I breathe
I pledge to you all my devotion
Until death do part you away from me
I've never been so close to heaven
As the moment when I looked into your eyes

We're standin' on the edge
Edge of the eternity you and I
We're standin' hand in hand
Nothing will break our love
I'll cherish you each day 'til I die
For all eternity you and I

And baby together (and baby together)
There is so much we have yet to see
And now and forever (now and forever)
I pray you'll always be here with me
Eternally


Buffy leaned back watching Spike as he splashed at the girls and flung Connor into the water. She was absolutely beside herself watching her love so happy in the sun. Thinking back to the meeting they had last night, she knew they were right to take a day off to relax before the storm. They had hashed and rehashed every possible detail until they were ready to drop. Since learning of Willow and Dawn's trip to the realm she had been glad that they pretty much had the same information except for the parchment. The discussion about what they had become had ended them utterly giddy with excitement that they would all be together. Little else mattered to them as long as they weren't alone in their immortality.

Sighing, she sunk her feet into the sand and leaned back soaking in the sun. She knew she should be with the others, but she wanted to mull over what they had to do. They had all been in unanimous agreement that Willow should bind the witch Sidera's powers that Buffy had gone to when she wanted the ritual to go to Spike. Instead of doing it straight away they decided it could wait and made the decision to spend a day at the beach near Vatican City. Pouting, Buffy had wanted to go to a Naples beach but the others had insisted that it was too far. They agreed when the threats were somewhat over they would take off for a few days to Naples.

Laying back she closed her eyes and thought back to their meeting going over anything she missed because they couldn't afford any mistakes.


The Previous day…

“Kitten?” Spike nudged Buffy as he saw her eyes flutter opened.

Turning to Spike she placed a kiss to his delectable lips sighing happily. Breaking away she said idly stated, “We have to hurry up Willow and Dawn should be here soon!”

Buffy watched Spike as he dressed with her. She really owed Dawn for bringing him back to her. Bringing herself up from lacing her boots she walked over to Spike and placed a loving caress to his cheek.

“I love you…You still believe me right?” Buffy's insecurities shown as her bottom lip trembled awaiting his answer.

Tying up his last boot he swept her in his arms kissing her sweetly.

“Buffy, I love you too…I still believe you…My heart is yours as yours is mine, sweets. You're my mate.” Spike whispered passionately while stroking both sides of her face with his hands as he drew her in kissing her full lips longingly.

“Guys we're back!” Dawn shouted.

Breaking away Spike kissed her nose sweetly, and together they walked out hand in hand to meet not just Dawn and Willow but two others with them.

Before they could introduce each other Spike sprawled to the floor clutching his chest screaming.

Frantically, Buffy held onto her lover tears streaming down her face while he screamed.

“Spike baby, what's wrong?” Buffy sobbed uncontrollably looking around to Willow and Dawn.

“Willow, please do something! Fix him!” hysterically Buffy ordered out through her sobs.

“I can't Buffy he has to let it happen. He's becoming a living vampire,” Willow solemnly replied but internally squeaked, ‘I hope.'

Spike knew what was happening but the bloody buggering Powers couldn't even tell him it would be so bloody painful! Not only was it causing him pain; his pain had his Buffy in tears. He was drenched in sweat, which he wasn't as a vampire accustomed to. He shook uncontrollably in his love's arms.

“Buffy quickly, get him in the shower! Make it warm, not cold or hot water!” Willow shouted out as Buffy rushed him to the bathroom frantically turning the knobs while holding a shaking Spike. Testing the water she checked to make sure it was warm. As it reached the desired temperature she jumped fully clothed in with Spike rocking him back and forth while her tears fell with the combined water sprouting from the spray nozzle.

“DAWN!” Buffy screeched.

Dawn thundered towards the bathroom praying nothing had happened when she heard Buffy's demanding voice.

“We need some dry clothes, kay?”

“Sure Buffy. Buffy?” Dawn hesitantly asked looking at Buffy's very worrisome gaze.

“Is he going to be ok?” Dawn asked as Buffy nodded.

“Bloody Hell! Love why are we in the shower...And clothed” Spike groaned.

“Welcome back, cutie” Buffy lovingly stroked his curls gazing down into his eyes.

“Uh ok, I'll get the clothes for you…” Dawn made her quick getaway.

Both ignored Dawn's embarrassed remark lost in each other.

“You scared me Spike”

“Oh sweets…” Spike stopped short when he felt the thump. Deliriously happy he reached for Buffy's hand bringing it to his chest and beamed.

“Luv, I got me a bloody heartbeat!” Spike said astonishingly. Grabbing Buffy before she could speak, he kissed her fervently.

Buffy shivered as the water started to cool, but she was lost in Spike's kiss. This kiss spoke to her. This kiss told her everything she needed to know. There was no going back, she loved this ‘man' with her entire being and more. Nothing would tear them apart.

“Luv, lets get you out of the water, yeah?” Spike pulled away from their kiss lifting Buffy into his arms and out of the shower.

After he dried them both, he proceeded to dress them with the clothes Dawn brought. Buffy stood watching him fascinated at how he took good care of her even after scaring her to death so to speak.

“Buffy luv, look at me.” Spike lifted her chin gently.

Buffy looked up at him with wide eyes rimmed with tears of happiness, yet she was worried to death of losing him.

“I'm never leaving you again…I promise. You bloody hear me? Never…I love you so bloody much, Buffy Anne Summers.”

“I love you too William Pratt…Hey do you have a middle name too?” Buffy asked curiously.

Somewhat embarrassed he tried to hide, but he knew she already knew by the claim. Running his fingers through her hair he quietly told her, “Arthur, but you already knew that sweets.” Spike smirked.

“Come on mister we have some business to go over.” Buffy said as they helped each other dress.

Walking out to the living room Buffy finally noticed the two others and looked at Willow and Dawn puzzled but internally snickering because she knew who they were.

“Wait who are you two?” Buffy innocently asked.

Spike stood beside Buffy trying hard not to snicker as Buffy feigned innocence. Taking hold of her waist he planted a kiss to her head and cocked his eyebrow at the rest of the group.

Dawn knowing the two of them rolled her eyes and called them on their innocent stares.

“Knock it off we already know that you know. Meet Connor and Gianna.” Dawn spoke as she glared at them to try and continue their charade.

Buffy tried to maintain herself, but she giggled and gave up her act but Spike more than curious circled the two newcomers as his senses kicked in over drive. The others curiously looked on as they watched Spike make his way around the two.

Connor felt uncomfortable but not threatened as Spike made his way around him. Gianna however, felt incredibly nervous, and she felt her inner turmoil try to break at his questioning glares and pursuit of her.

Spike thought for a moment ‘If bloody Peaches is the father then this must be why he seems so powerful and that explains the touch of vampirism, I smell on him.'

‘Spike get on with it, I can sense the vampirism all the way over here too. What I am wigging about is Gianna.' Buffy crossed her arms and looked at Gianna but spared a glance at Spike and smirked at his look of shock from her speaking to him without speaking aloud.

‘Right then, bossy bint' Spike winked and continued his perusal of Gianna whom he noticed squirmed under his scrutiny.

“So doll care to bloody share with us why you are off the bloody charts as not being so human. Peaches kid I understand but you…”

Gianna struggled under their questioning and at any other time would have stood up to them but since this had changed her life, she knew deep within her, she had to come out sometime. Grumbling she knew that this group she could trust. Her Wicca family taught her that much, and she knew they would not fail her by telling them her secret. She sensed this group as her newfound family, and she trusted it.

Gianna sighed, “I am what you say I am. I am half demon but…” she paused as she looked at the others shocked faces and crumbled.

“I was left on the door step of Wiccans, and they have taken care of me ever since. I was told I am half vampire and half human, but you can't sense it while I wear the amulet my family gave me.” She informed them as she took off the amulet.

As soon as the small petite girl took off the amulet Spike and Buffy as well as Connor felt their senses as they went into overload. They were utterly confused but intrigued. Dawn and Willow watched in fascination. Willow as fascinated as she was, was more enraptured by the small petite woman stepped closer feeling the urgency to protect her new mate. This confused her even more as she only knew Gianna for a short time.

“Ok what is going on. Why do I want to protect Gianna so badly? Is this due to the Destiny?” Willow asked struggling with her confusion but running the question through her own mind to figure it all out.

Dawn took it upon herself to answer for them all, “Isn't obvious? I mean I want to claw out anyone who gets close to Connor. I'm sure you all just about want to pummel anyone on your own mate's defense. Am I correct?”

They all nodded.

“Ok then here's how it will go. What Tara told Willow and I, we are all mates. We must do the joining. I know this because well, putting it bluntly we have to do it soon, or we will die.” Dawn added.

“That's exactly what Darla and Cordelia told us too, except, we got a parchment to explain everything.” Buffy also added while looking upon the shocked faces of Dawn and Willow.

“What?” Willow managed to croak out.

“Yeah we were bloody shocked Red, but she was a mite different.” Spike said while staring at Connor. Looking at the troubled look on the lads face Spike walked up to him and placed a hand to his shoulder.

“She loves you more than anything in the world. She bloody wanted to well see you, but it wasn't her time to see you yet.” Spike awkwardly patted his shoulder and was completely blown away when Connor grabbed and hugged him.

Spike was torn. This was Peaches kid, and yet he felt the urgency to take the boy under his wing. Pulling reluctantly away he looked on the group with curiosity.

“Not to add to the wantin' to protect your mate but does anyone else have a sodding clue why I also feel the need to bloody protect you all?”

Buffy stepped forward to take his hand reassuringly spoke, “I feel the same way.”

The others spoke out affirmatively and each of them agreed it was time to go over the parchment.

The parchment didn't offer them up much but what would be, and they decided after a grueling hour-long session it was time to make some plans.

Willow started.

“Ok I get all this basically we all need to do this joining but by my calculations we have to do it by tomorrow night. Wait, Buffy when did the witch Sidera wanted you to do the ritual to go to Spike?”

Buffy struggled to meet Spike's eyes sensing his concern about the ritual. Chewing on her lip she realized wide eyed, “Oh my god! I was doing the ritual tonight a-a-and I would have died and so would have you all. Oh my god what did I do?”

Buffy broke down in tears but Willow laid a gentle hand to her shoulder, “Buffy you didn't do the ritual, and now we are one up on the big bad here. We know who to look out for, and we can bind her powers. I can even do the binding without her here. Do you have something of hers? Maybe there was something she gave you for the ritual?”

Wiping at her face Buffy's face lit up, and she ran to her room. The others listened to a string of curses coming from the bedroom and couldn't hold in the laughter and the images floating around of Buffy flinging things around her room searching for some object that could answer their prayers.

Suddenly, they heard her shriek and saw her running into the room beaming.

“Luv, don't keep us bloody well waiting.” Spike smirked as Buffy stuck her tongue out at him.

Making her way over to Willow she handed the pouch to Willow and asked, “Um Willow, why would she give me something so personal as her hair for my ritual? I couldn't understand that.”

Willow flat out laughed and this confused Buffy.

“No she didn't” snicker, “What was she just plain dumb?” giggle, “She's supposed to be a witch!” snort, “This makes this too easy!”

Willow laughed so hard she had tears streaming down her face. The others besides Buffy caught onto what had her in a fit of giggles laughed right along with her. Buffy was getting annoyed.

“Will someone please tell me what is so damn funny!” Buffy stamped her foot and crossed her arms only to listen to them laugh harder.

Spike concerned controlled his mirth and wrapped his arms around a clearly annoyed Buffy.

“Kitten, let me ask you this. You give a witch something personal like your own hair; they can use that against you. This witch apparently didn't think you knew another witch and just freely gave something personal of her for the bloody ritual. Willow has the means to bind the witch's power with the lock of hair you gave her.” Spike spoke barely able to keep his laughter at bay. This was too good to be true.

Turning to Willow he said in a serious demeanor, “Red before we laugh off ourselves bloody silly we need to find out if this is truly her lock of hair.”

Gianna interrupted, “I can do that.”

Gianna took hold of the pouch and placed the lock of hair on her palm and whispered repeatedly until she rose in a chant.

“Ostendo sum alio, Ostendo sum alio, OSTENDO SUM ALIO.” Her voice boomed as she repeated it as she grabbed a hold of Willow's hand.

Understanding dawning on Willow, she too spoke the words repeatedly along with Gianna as the power radiated through them the lock of hair rose above Gianna's palm and shone brightly until it fluttered down to her palm.

Buffy watched fascinated at the power flowing through her best friend and Gianna, but she frowned when the light stopped and nothing seemed to happen.

“Wait.” Gianna spoke quietly.

The light appeared and an image was shown within the light.

Turning to Buffy Willow asked the question burning through everyone's mind, “Is this her Buffy?”

Stepping up to the light she looked at the image and knew this to be the witch but something was off.

“Um, it looks like her, but she looked different when we met.” Buffy said puzzled.

Gianna touched Buffy's temples and spoke, “Ostendo sum suus mens alio.”

Gianna reached and found what Buffy to say was true. Speaking softly she calmly chanted a calming spell and said quietly, “I'm sorry for the intrusion, but it had to be done Buffy. What you say is true. She altered her appearance but the lock of hair belongs to her. Willow I can assist you when we bind her power. She must not have the power. H-her heart is so black.”

Willow took a shaking Gianna in her arms and looked around worriedly towards the others.

“What should we do Buffy?” Dawn asked holding onto Conner fear rising.

‘Spike we need a break before this. What do you think? Could we take a day then do the joining? Do we even know what the joining entails? They didn't say…' Buffy looked expectedly at Spike hoping he could voice what she questioned.

With awe filled eyes he looked on his love as she spoke to him through their link and was so much more completely in love with her.

“We need to find out what the joining actually entails, but we do need a break to let go before the bloody world comes down in on us.” Spike questioned the others.

“I know what the joining entails.” Gianna spoke nervously.

All eyes turned to her in askance.

“I had a dream.” Gianna spoke with her eyes down fearful that they would think she was nuts.

Buffy laid a hand to her arm and urged her on.

Buffy gave Gianna the strength to go on and looking around, she more than saw the acceptance and continued, “We must all be in a circle with each of us beside our mate. I saw different candles in front of each of us that we need. Willow your candle is forest green and mine is a light blue.”

Looking to Connor and Dawn she said, “Connor yours is a dark blue and Dawn's is a bright green.”

Finally turning to Buffy and Spike, she spoke with a blush, “Buffy yours is Gold while Spike's was a flaming red.”

“Wait. Why are ours so different from yours?” Buffy questioned.

Willow giggled and stated, “Buffy isn't obvious that all our colors represent us in some way?”

“Oh.” Buffy turned a shade of red when she realized Spike's was for his passion and hers for her light.

After discovering their candle's meaning for each, they looked to Gianna who smiled.

“Yes I have the candles.” Gianna simply answered.

“We must do the joining by tomorrow evening. Your mate lights your candle as each of us speaks the words, which are ‘From here to eternity, I take thee as mine.' Then we join hands to form a circle and speak the words, ‘Destiny, we are bound, from here to eternity.' Now the tricky part and most of us will not have this problem except for Willow and Dawn. This is different than mating as this is a joining. In my dream I helped Willow as Connor will help Dawn. I will bite my wrist and offer it to Willow while I nick her wrist with my teeth and take of her blood. Connor will do the same.” Gianna looked at the others and noticed the discomfort of ingesting blood.

“We must do this. I'm sorry there is no other way. After we ingest our mates' blood, we leave the bite open, and together we join our bleeding wrists together and speak out, ‘Destiny bound, we are bound forever from here to eternity.' When we spoke the last word a bright white light shone and the candles formed a smoke that circled around us, and we fell into a deep sleep protected within the circle.” Gianna looked expectedly at the others and was relieved.

Dawn disgusted by the blood but let it go stated, “Okay, so we do the ritual tomorrow night, but we need to do a no one can enter spell while we are doing the spell.”

Spike countered, "Bloody right. We don't want anyone just happenin' on us specially while we are bloody out for the count.”

Willow added, “Gianna and I, can do that.”

Yawning Buffy concluded, “Ok, then we should get some sleep. I guess since we are all mates we bunk with our mate. Willow and Gianna, the couch pulls out so you have somewhere to sleep. Can we do something fun before all that is the seriousness of the joining happen tomorrow? Like lets say the beach? I wanna see Spike freckle.” She giggled into Spike's chest.

Dawn astounded by the bed arrangements pulled Connor with her to her room.

Spike growled and Buffy glared when both Dawn and Connor made their way towards Dawn's room.

“No funny business until after the joining Dawn and Connor. We know we can't fight it. Please,” Buffy pleaded.

“Sure thing Buffy.” Dawn took Connors hand.

Connor shook his head and placed a kiss to their joined hands, “I promise nothing but respect for her. We will just sleep.”

Both Spike and Buffy nodded and made their way towards Buffy's room.

“Luv, we need to get a bigger place.” Spike teased while she giggled closing the door.

Present day…

Sinking her toes she sighed and then shrieked, “Spike! You're getting me all wet!”

“That's the idea, pet.” Spike quipped as he scooped her up and ran towards the water.

“No more thinking. Have fun!” Spike snickered as he threw her in the water.

Coming to the surface she more than felt rage but when she saw the others giggling and Spike genuinely smiling she smirked and splashed them.

It was war and the water was flying to and fro. It was a good day to the edge of their eternity.
End Notes:
To be concluded until the next part of the series!
Eternal Flame by Spikelissa
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long awaited delay of this chapter...Life took over for awhile!
I just moved so the second part of this series won't be up for awhile...So enjoy this is the end of part one...Thanks for those who have commented...YOU are who inspire to me to keep writing! Have a great New Year!
Chapter 8 - Eternal Flame




Is this burning an Eternal Flame…




“Wake up luv, its time.” Spike gently nudged Buffy from her slumber.

Groaning she snuggled into his embrace. “No don't wanna.”

Spike chuckled and lifted her into his arms and made his way to the bathroom but glanced down the hall and smelled the heavenly smell of Willow's cooking.

“Make sure there is some coffee for missy here. You know how she bloody gets in the morning.” Spike chuckled as Buffy smacked him on the chest.

“Sure thing Spike!” Willow bellowed from the kitchen.

“Come on kitten, in the shower with you.” Spike said as he kissed her placing her feet on the ground.

“Alright, coming?” Buffy drawled as she undressed and smirked as she wiggled her rear in his view of sight.

Gulping Spike whispered, “Almost did just then.”

“What did you say?” Buffy smirked.

“Right behind you, luv.” Spike leered and followed her into the shower.

“No funny business mister. Just shower!” Buffy warned.

“I know, luv. I can enjoy taking a shower with you without ravishing you.” Spike sighed but loving their bantering.

“Ok. Wash my hair for me pl…Oh.” Buffy sighed in pleasure when he did just that.

Spike controlled himself even though it was so tempting, but he knew they had more important matters to attend to. This gentleness with Buffy and the simplicity of showering together was making him love her even more than he could possibly love her. Turning Buffy around he saw her green eyes looking up at him with tears.

“I love you more than ever too.” Buffy leaned in to brush her lips with his as they moved under the water pulsing down on them. The two of them entwined cried their tears and let their past go.

***
“Should I go and get Buffy and Spike?” Dawn asked as she opened the fridge to get the juice.

“Sweetie, you do know they’re showering, right?” Willow asked with a giggle, while Gianna and Conner snickered.

Dawn blushed and moved to the table beside Conner. Conner looked at her apologetically and leaned over and kissed her cheek.

Gianna smiled, “So after we eat, we should get moving this along, don't you think?”

Willow sat down and placed a chaste kiss on Gianna and spoke, “Sure thing as long as those two can come out and join us.”

They laughed and dug in.

“Hope you aren't laughing at our expense.” Spike strolled over to the fridge taking out a bag of blood and placing it in the microwave to heat it. He was followed by Buffy making her way towards the coffee. Placing a kiss to her head he set out a bowl of milk and cat food for William and then made his way over chuckling as he saw the others blushing and sat down beside Dawn.

Buffy sat beside Spike grabbing various breakfast items and dug in. Silently, they sat and finished their breakfast.

Conner observed them all. He had never felt this with his father and the others at the Hyperion. He knew of his fathers deal with the devil, and he knew if he saw him, it would not be a happy reunion. His father didn't give him a choice in the matter but just set him up with new people. He knew his father's intentions were to have a normal life, but he wasn't normal and this angered him.

Spike sensing Conner's anger cocked his eyebrow while petting the full belly of William as the girls giggled at him playing with the cat. “Mate is there anything bothering you?”

Conner came out of his thoughts and shrugged and spat out, “Just wondering about Angel.”

Spike sensed the fear rolling off them all, but he noticed the anger as well.

“Is there anyone here not angered at Angel” Spike questioned.

‘Spike' Buffy cautioned him.

‘Luv, I am sensing a great amount of bloody animosity towards Peaches. Bugger. Sodding Poofter is going to be a problem.' Spike countered her caution while looking at Conner.

Buffy sighed, “I agree with Spike.”

“Uh Buffy, you agree with what?” Willow speculated with a devious stare followed by a smirk.

“Oops.” Buffy blushed as she swatted Spike as he snickered.

“We can talk telepathically.” Buffy offered staring at them nervously.

“Oh! That's so cool!” Dawn exclaimed excitedly.

“Wait will we all be able to do this?” Willow questioned.

“Not sure Red.” Spike answered while sipping his blood and let William down who jumped right back up and curled in his lap.

Gianna smiled at the cuteness that was William and Spike but had remained quiet throughout the conversation spoke out. “Yes.”

The others turned to her startled and looked at her as if she had all the answers. Gianna nervously played with her food and glanced at each of them. Making the decision she started to push her insecurities away and really trust them.

“When we do the joining we will all be able to speak telepathically, but I can as well as Spike can, teach us all to block each other.” Gianna blushed and continued, “At inopportune times.”

The girls blushed as the guys choked and then smirked. Spike swatted Conner on the head and mumbled, “No dirty thoughts mate.”

Dawn glared at her brother-in-law.

“Hey, that's dirty pool Bit.”

“Do you see me swatting Buffy every time you think dirty thoughts?” Dawn angrily replied.

“Uh…” Spike looked at Buffy who remained impassive.

Spike grumbled and then sighed reluctantly, “Ok you win this time Bit, but just for the bloody record, I don't want to know about this. You're still my Bit.”

“I know Big Bad. You're still my brother, okay. I am growing up, you know.” Dawn reassured him.

Spike whined, “Do you bloody have to?”

Dawn laid a hand over his making him put the mug down and looked at him.
“I love you, Spike. Remember that but stop with the possessiveness. Look at Conner. Really look at him.” Dawn waited as she saw Spike look towards Conner but not before noticing the others do the same.

Dawn continued, “He is controlling his own possessiveness, but you can't control your own? I already love him. Please stop this. It's inevitable.”

“I love her too.” Conner interrupted.

The table was silent as Gianna and Willow glanced around and spoke, “We love each other too.”

Buffy had remained silent during Spike's over protectiveness of Dawn, but she wasn't surprised one bit by everyone's declarations.

“Ok then we should eat up and get to work.” Buffy demanded and glared at them to refute her demand.

‘That's my girl'

‘You know it!' Buffy smirked as she raised her mug and saw Spike genuinely smile. This warmed her heart.

‘I love you, William.'

‘I love you, Buffy.'

The rest of the breakfast went uneventful, and they prepared themselves for the changes they would be facing.

****

Buffy paced as Willow and Gianna finished setting up. Stopping right in front of the two she paused, “Are we all set?”

“Yup! We have the protection spell around the whole place, the circle is complete and the candles are in place. All we have to do now is sit in front of them. Buffy, you should know that we warned Vi, and she is coming over here to watch over us with her vampire mate Damien.”

Spike looked in shock and demanded, “Little miss Vi has a mate?? When did this happen and why aren't you bloody wigged by this?”

Spike frowned as he realized what he just said as the others snickered at his expense.

“Honey, do you realize you just said bloody wigged?” Buffy giggled.

Spike smirked and sauntered over to his mate and wiggled his brows, “Luv, do you realize you said bloody. You’re starting to bloody sound like me too.”

“Ok enough of that you two.” Dawn giggled.

“To answer your question, Spike, yes Vi has a mate and his name is Damien, and no, he doesn't have a soul. Willow didn't she say he was like 400 or something like freakishly old?” Buffy grinned as Spike looked back at her in shock.

Dawn walked over and closed his mouth and snickered. “Better close that mouth before you start catching flies, huh?”

“B-But…” Spike stammered in amazement.

“Yeah, we were shocked too, but it really is ok.” Willow chimed in, as there was a knock on the door.

Spike really rather interested in the soulless vampire had sensed him and made his way towards the door menacingly but intrigued nonetheless.

“Vi and Damien, please come in.” Willow said as she glared at Spike raising his eyebrow.

“It's true.” Vi said gob smacked before she flung herself towards Spike and hugged him. William hissed and growled at the girl who jumped at Spike. This caught Vi off guard but continued to hug the once thought really gone and dead vampire.

Spike more than heard the growl coming from behind her and patted Vi on the back awkwardly and looked anxiously at Buffy who giggled.

“Sod off, mate. Bloody hell. I'm not after your woman. I have m' own mate.” Spike rolled his eyes at Damien's possessiveness towards his woman. Letting go of Vi he made his way over to the vampire and had to credit Vi in her choices.

Damien's hair was almost as blonde as his, but he was taller and had light brown eyes that appeared almost amber like. If he weren’t mistaken he would have thought these were his demon eyes but this vampire Damien was calm and watching him as he sized him up. Spike nodded and put his hand out as Damien shook it and added his own nod before he walked back over to Vi.

“You bloody understand your job is to protect us while we are out for the count?” Spike questioned but only looked at Damien as he said this.

“Yes.” Damien simply answered.

Gianna moved towards everyone and interrupted, “We must get in position.”

“Here Vi, take the scythe and protect us should anything get by you. Willow and Gianna say we are safe, but you know what to do. If they are human just knock them out. Anything else, kill it.” Buffy said as she looked towards Damien who rolled his eyes in annoyance but nodded in agreement.

Vi and Damien took their stances outside the circle and watched as the others made their way towards their candles. Damien turned away from the group and bolted the door and spoke the enchantment Willow had asked him to speak as he locked the door. Feeling the barrier take hold, he walked over to his mate and kissed her and took his watch. Even as soulless as he was, he was in awe to be attending this moment and was more than a little interested in Spike, but he knew that would have to wait. Keeping his eye on the circle he let his senses out and was relieved that no evil intent was lurking nearby.

William glared at all the new people in his home and made his way over to his bed and curled up facing the group though occasionally lifting his head in curiosity at what his owners were doing. Stretching he took one last look at his favorite people and closed his eye’s for his very much needed cat nap.

Each of them sat cross-legged in front of their candles and picked up their lighter and each lit their mate's candle and spoke, “From here to eternity, I take thee as mine.”

The air began to hum as they joined their hands to form a circle.

As one they spoke.

“Destiny we are bound, from here to eternity.”

They felt a calming wind surround them as a gold light pulsed around them. As the light pulsed Buffy, Spike, Gianna, and Conner felt their fangs grow in length. Buffy took Spike's right wrist and bit into his flesh taking a long pull of his blood as he bit into her wrist taking a long pull. Gianna bit down on her right wrist and offered it to Willow as she took a long pull of Willow’s blood. Willow felt power run through her as she pulled on Gianna's wrist, but what she really felt was the warmth and love that had her head spinning.

Conner was nervous but he bit into his wrist and offered it to Dawn. He was surprised at her strength and determination when she drank his blood. Taking her wrist he bit gently into her wrist and drank. He felt elated. He was absolutely in love.

The air grew intense around the circle as Vi and Damien watched. A gold light shone brightly around the circle. Inside the circle however, the air was calm and serene.

Joining their bleeding wrists they said fiercely, “Destiny bound, we are bound forever from here to eternity.”

As they spoke the last word a bright white light shone and the candles formed a smoke mist around the circle.

Vi and Damien watched in awe as each of them slumped over into a deep sleep their hands all still joined.

After some moments Damien spoke, “Did the witches bind the other witch's power?”

“Yeah.”

“Then why do I feel a malicious force trying to reach them?” Damien snarled as William perked his head up and growled at the window.

“No…oh god they forgot about Giles. Shit!” Vi cried.

“He can't break it can he?” Damien asked warily.

“No I don't think so. Gianna placed a pretty powerful protective spell around this place but Willow also added to it.

“How long my sweet girl?”

“Four hours.” Vi answered.

“Sit with me, my love. I will sense if anything evil is about.” Damien insisted.

“Ok, Damien.”

Vi relaxed in his arms as she watched over the others. She felt honored to be witnessing this event just as much as she knew Damien did too.

In their mate's arms, they waited and watched.

****

“Four hours! You have got to be kidding me! Giles is going to interrupt them! He had to be a freaking fool with Xander and get so damn drunk, didn't he? But no he and that stupid ex of mine had to go and get turned didn't they!” Cordelia fumed.

“Cordelia.” Darla and Tara tried to get her attention.

“No! This is bad, very bad!” Cordelia cried out.

Darla walked over to the irate Oracle and tried to soothe the poor girl. “They can't get through with our power protecting them. They even brought the other slayer Vi and her mate Damien to help out. Although, that was quite a shocker if I do say so myself.” Darla mused while easing Cordelia's anger.

“Yeah, that was quite shocking wasn't it?” Tara chuckled looking down at Vi and Damien cuddled together watching over the others.

“True, but I have had enough of this. We need to advise the Powers that it is time to make our presence known.” Cordelia stated in fact.

“It has already been agreed upon Cordelia. We will go just before they are awake. We can't interfere.” Darla interjected.

“Yes Cordelia, we must wait.” Tara added.

Cordelia grumbled but finally relented. They only had a few hours to wait. She sat by the water glancing down at the damage that both her ex lover and the ex watcher did while they wrecked havoc. She knew deep within her that Giles was back to his Ripper persona and his magic had increased ten fold. She just about died inside as she watched them torture, rape, and kill two of the new slayers trying to take them out. She couldn't understand this. They were fledglings, newly raised. How could even her ex have so much power?

“How do they have so much power, Darla?” Cordelia shook in fear.

Darla thought for a moment and was struck with sudden anger and fear. “I knew that bastard was still around! Dracula had a brother. Mikhail Vlad. Oh no, this is not good. He is just as powerful as Dracula is. He is who turned the blasted watcher and the fool! This does not bode well for us. No!” Darla screamed.

“What?” Tara and Cordelia cried out in confusion while Darla shrieked in terror.

“We have even more to be concerned with.” Darla gravely said as she pointed to the water image before her.

They viewed the image solemnly and watched as the newly bound witch Sidera enticed an irate Angel into her home. Apparently, she knew who to go to, and had a spell placed on her, and she looked exactly like Buffy. They watched in horror as the woman bedded Angel. Sheer panic ran through them as they saw the soul leave Angel and Angelus sneered down at the blonde woman who resembled nothing like Buffy.

What amazed them was the fact that Angelus then turned her rather than play with her. Tears ran down their faces and tremendous fear coursed through their bodies as they saw Angelus open the door to a cooing Drusilla. They couldn't watch any more.

“You must go now.” The heavenly voice spoke.

Not questioning the voice, they appeared before Vi and Damien. The thoughts running through their minds were beyond dread. Not only did they have to deal with Mikhail, Giles and Xander; they would have to deal with Angelus, Drusilla and a newly risen Sidera. This was not good at all. They were petrified but they silently agreed together they would help them all get through it.

Damien growled and Vi stood with the scythe in hand, both on edge at who stood before them literally from thin air.

“Do not fear warriors, we have come because there is much to discuss.” Tara spoke gently but fearlessly.

“How do we know that?” Damien sneered.

“Damien.” Vi urged him softly but looked towards Tara and asked, “Who are you?”

Cordelia stepped forward like the queen bee she is and interrupted the others. “Ok here's the sitch. We are higher beings. Behind me are Tara and Darla. I am Cordelia; we are here to help not harm you. You two got that?”

Before the two could answer they heard someone reply very groggily.

“Vi and Damien it's ok. They are ok. Try not to get on Cordelia's bad side, kay” Buffy struggled to speak as she felt weaker than she ever had even when she went through the hell that was the Cruciamentum.

Tara shook her head and made her way towards Buffy who looked at her weakly but teary eyed but heard her whisper.

“Tara.”

“It's me Buffy. Take your time ok. We are all here to help you.” Tara spoke as she laid a hand to Buffy's head then kissed her forehead but then did the same for Spike.

Buffy felt the warmth and her strength returning to her as she saw Cordelia and Darla do the same to the others.

“Wait should they be waking up? Has it really been four hours already?” Vi questioned.

“Yes it has been four hours. We are helping them, sweetie.” Darla assured Vi.

Vi stepped back and assured her mate that everything was fine. Damien still unsure nodded but remained alert. He would wait and watch. Buffy more than told them it was ok, so he would trust them, for now.

“Wow, thanks Tara I feel like a totally new Buffy!” Buffy beamed at the blonde who blushed.

“Your quite welcome Buffy.” Tara said as she laid a hand to Willow and Gianna's head.

“Glinda?” Spike questioned in awe as Tara winked at him while she worked her power for the two witches.

“Bloody hell, I feel like I can run around the earth two times and not feel a sodding bit tired! What did you do Glinda?” Spike raised an eyebrow.

“Oh no, no magic Spike. I swear. I am a higher being. You should know better.” Tara sternly stood her ground but smiled as he shrugged and smiled back at her in thanks. She continued to focus her inner strength on helping the two witches. Tara looked down at her ex lover with sadness, but she had to do this.

Tara stroked Willow's cheek and placed a kiss to her forehead. Willow felt warmth and her eyes fluttered open to see Tara's teary blues.

“Tara?”

“Shh. My gift to you dear Willow is the strength to go on. Love her and love her well. You will always be in my heart. Embrace your gift and let go, so mote it be.”

Willow was stunned. She felt Tara move away and did as she was told. She let her go but kept her close to her heart.

“You will always be in my heart, too.” Willow whispered as Tara gave her a watery smile. Willow sadly smiled at Gianna and peered down into beautiful green eyes and drowned in their depths. She had fallen even more.

“Gianna.” Willow sighed and held her close.

“Willow.” Gianna sighed as she felt all of them in every fiber of her being. She never felt so at home.

After awakening Dawn, Darla held her boy in her arms for the first time. She cried as Dawn held onto them both.

The others held onto each other witnessing this precious moment of mother and son reunited.

“I love you so much, my boy.” Darla whispered and leaned down to kiss her son on his forehead.

Tears streamed down her face as his blue eyes opened to look back at her.
“Mom?” Conner said as a tear ran down his cheek.

“Yes, my boy.” Darla held onto him tightly as they cried. Darla laughed and cried while Conner shook and sobbed into her chest. They quieted as Dawn enveloped them both in her arms.

Not one had a dry eye, even Damien.

“Not to break up the moment but what the bloody well going on?” Spike grudgingly interrupted.

Tara cringed while Darla looked away fearfully. Cordelia just rolled her eyes and knew she had just been unanimously nominated without a word spoken.

“We have quite a few problems coming your way. I'm not going to lie it is bad.” Cordelia looked at them all in dread.

“Cheerleader, get on with it!” Spike growled.

“Fine, bleach boy.” Cordelia huffed.

“Look, there is no easy way to say this, but we are going to have six problems facing us. At the same time, I'm really not sure.” Cordelia went on and then turned to stare directly at Buffy.

“Giles and Xander have been turned by Mikhail Vlad.” Cordelia braced herself for an uproar but none came.

Buffy and Willow were shocked. Spike was not one bit surprised. Dawn whimpered and cried into Conner's shoulder. Conner held onto Dawn and waited. Vi was confused and Damien stood rather bored.

Gianna didn't know them well enough but felt a tremendous pull and panic fill her.

“Cordelia, who is Mikhail Vlad?”

Cordelia considered Gianna and then it hit her.

“No, it can't be.” Cordelia backed away.

Darla came over and wrapped her arms around Cordelia. “Cordelia, honey, talk to me. What's wrong?” Darla had never seen Cordelia this shook up and looked at Gianna. Darla really looked at Gianna and the pieces came together.

“Oh. My. God.” Darla backed up into Tara still holding onto Cordelia. “Tara, look at her.”

“Will somebody please answer me!” Gianna fumed as her eyes flashed gold.

“Oh goddess!” Tara realized in shock. Cordelia finally got herself under some control and looked over at Spike. She studied him and saw his eyes light up in realization of what they figured out.

Darla paced and looked back and forth from Spike and Gianna. She formulated a plan.

“Tara, will a siring effect the joining ritual?”

“No it shouldn't, why?” Tara inquired while her brain caught up to Darla's plan.

“Ok just hear me out.” Darla paced as the idea played out in her head.

“WILL someone tell me what you're talking about!” Gianna seethed but calmed as Willow grabbed her hand.

Cordelia walked up to the poor girl and flatly said, “Mikhail is your father, Gianna.”

“What? No.” Gianna gasped but held on tightly to Willow.

Spike kissed Buffy's lips and walked over to Darla. He knew exactly what was going on, and he knew what Darla was considering.

“Darla, I know what you're bloody well thinking.”

“Do you William? Do you have any idea what he can do to her when they all come together? He can control her. You know as well as I do that the only way we can change that is for her to be re-sired. She needs to lose that connection with him, and she needs to do it now.” Darla said as she looked at her hands.

“But she will lose her bloody soul!” Spike grounded out.

Tara came forward and laid her hand on Spike's arm and soothed his worry, “No, she won't. We have the power to make sure that doesn't happen, but because you are a living vampire she will be the same as you.”

“Darla?” Buffy asked biting her lip.

“Yes Buffy?”

“I know this is crucial to discuss Gianna and to re-sire her but who else do we need to watch out for?” Buffy contemplated.

“I promise we will get through that but Gianna needs to decide this first, okay Buffy?” Tara brushed Buffy's hair from her face and gently smiled at her before turning back to look at Gianna.

“Do it.” Gianna looked defeated but turned to Spike in determination. “Please Spike.”

Spike looked at everyone. He was horror - struck, and he knew without a doubt that Buffy was aware of why he was hesitating.

‘Spike she was sick. She wasn't as strong as you were. You freed her. We need to do this, or we could die or quite possibly lose Gianna to her father. Please Spike. I believe in you. This can't go wrong.' Buffy tried hard to reassure Spike.

Darla sensed Spike's inner turmoil. Carefully, she decided to help ease his fear, as she knew very well at that moment Buffy was trying hard to help him.

“William.”

Spike looked over at Darla, completely and utterly lost. He wanted more than anything to help, but he was so unsure. ‘What if it goes wrong?' He really didn't want to be responsible for someone who meant so much to Willow and to all of them. It was too much to ask.

“Your mother was very sick, William. You were not to blame for a bad turn. Drusilla never taught you that a fledgling should never turn someone so soon after they have been turned. You were not to blame. You had good intentions and you freed her. Please, William. She forgave you, William. You saved her from her horrible sickness and what would have happened if you hadn't tried. Spike, you are the only one who can help with this.” Darla assured him the best she could and looked to the others for some support.

“Spike, please.” Willow and Dawn pleaded with him.

Spike shrugged and walked up to Gianna and laid a hand to her shoulder.

“Are you sure Gia?”

“Definitely, Spike.” Gianna took his hand in hers.

‘Buffy, luv.'

‘I love you Spike. I'm with you every step.'

“Ok, before we start, we really need to talk.” Cordelia got everyone's attention.

They made their way towards the table and looked over at the three messengers from the Powers that Be. Cordelia twisted her hands together and took a breath.

“Not only will we have to deal with Mikhail, Giles and Xander, but you will have to deal with Drusilla, Angelus, and his new Childe Sidera.” Cordelia braced herself for the explosive arguments but only one spoke out.

“Cordy, how did he lose his soul?” Buffy said gripping Spike's hand.

Cordelia groaned not wanting to tell this part, but she answered Buffy's as well as the others plea. “Sidera managed to get someone to perform a glamour to look like you and somehow bedded Angel. We know there was more to it, but it happened. We needed to warn you.”

“Ok so we know are threats.” Conner sadly stated.

“Yeah we do mate.” Spike offered his support to the boy who in his heart, he knew was hurting.

“Tara I really should begin. It usually takes between a day to three days to rise, but I'm bloody unsure how it works now that I'm a living vampire.” Spike said in confusion.

“Sweetie all your doing is a transferring of a sire or in Gianna's case her father's blood. It will take only a day.”

“Right then. Gia?” Spike walked into the living room grasping tightly onto Buffy's hand. Buffy squeezed Spike's hand and sat down on the sofa beside Spike as he vamped and grasped Gianna's shoulders. He was shaking but calmed as Buffy stroked his back. Gianna offered him her neck and felt his fangs ease in and drain her blood. Spike felt the fluttering of her heartbeat and knew when there was only a drop left. Spike felt the tiny fangs on his wrist and looked in awe at Buffy as she brought his wrist to Gianna's mouth.

The others watched but only Willow panicked. Willow moved closer and felt Tara take her hand as Buffy did the same with her other hand that wasn't holding Spike's wrist to Gianna's mouth. The Power surged through them all as they gifted a new life to Gianna.

Though the hours passed, Willow stayed close to her lover. The others stayed close by giving her the support she needed. Spike felt a lone tear escape down his cheek while filled with an immense amount of worry, but felt reassured by Buffy's love and Tara's guidance.

Destiny's Six made it through their first hurdle. They knew what was to come but for now they would wait. Wait for Gianna's new life. Wait for the promise of children. They were eternal and they burned for their destiny as they waited for a new day. While the others waited, William laid on the windowsill purring in content.

As William's purrs grew louder, a thought occurred and Buffy sat up rather quickly and exclaimed, “Spike, didn't you say you wanted to talk to Dawn and me about something?”

“Now you bloody ask?” Spike quipped and pulled her into his embrace as she pouted. William stopped purring and jumped off the windowsill and curled up beside Buffy and Spike. Spike stroked the cat's ears but grumbled as the others giggled while settling down to rest. He laid his head against the back of the sofa and sighed, “Tomorrow love. We'll all talk about it tomorrow. Just rest. We have a bloody lot coming our way.”

Then there was silence. The only sounds that could be heard were the rumbling purrs coming from Spike, William and surprisingly Damien.

As the group fell into a deep sleep three messengers to the Powers that Be wished them pleasant dreams knowing what lay ahead in their futures.
End Notes:
Destiny 2nd part of the Series to continue very soon! The Title is called Only Hope. Keep a look out for it!
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=31045