True Calling by spikes_bitch
Summary: Set after Girl in Question from ATS, Find out why Buffy is really with the immortal...and can Spike pull her away from his grasps??
Categories: Serial Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4561 Read: 6154 Published: 07/12/2004 Updated: 08/16/2004

1. Prologue by spikes_bitch

2. Revelations by spikes_bitch

3. Revelations by spikes_bitch

4. If You Love Someone You Let Them Go.. by spikes_bitch

Prologue by spikes_bitch
A/N: Hey guys! this is a new fic it just came to my head earlier and i thought i'd get it down! let me know what you think! will update soon!!

Disclaimer: Joss owns everything i have no power!! :o(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1894 Rome, Italy.



A cool breeze filled the air as lovely ladies roamed around wearing the most expensive dresses.
Men in fine suits hurried past, eager to join the party. Pushing past two scruffs standing by the entrance, the man on the door was not looking pleased.

Then the one with dark hair and the ripped shirt spoke up,
“Blood vengeance. I'm sure we're on the list. Is there anything under blood vengeance?”

The man holding the clipboard with a large list of people checked their enquiry, flipping over many sheets of names. He then looked back up at them,
“No. No blood vengeance. Sorry.”

“Maybe it's under Angelus.”
The blonde man next to him suggested
Getting rather impatient now the bouncer replied,
“You're not on The Immortal's list.”

Angelus turned to Spike anger in his voice,
“Ah, you know what? To hell with the list.”
Signalling the blonde with his eyes, both of them charged at the curtained entrance, only to bang right into an invisible force, which prevented them from entering. Both men grunted frustrated at their failure.

Looking back down at his list, the man at the door was getting very annoyed at them both;
“You're not in here. You're not going in there.” He indicated gesturing by pointing over his shoulder at the crimson curtain which masked off the Immortal's ball.
“ Piss off!”

Pouting, both men turned to leave, kicking at the ground Angelus turned to his companion,
“He mocks us at every turn.”

The Brit. nodded his anger seeping through him,
“Yeah, the man has no sense of indecency. You remember Frankfurt? He hatches the Rathruhn egg personally and just decides to give those nuns safe passage.”

“Those were my nuns!” Angelus roared as the memory came flooding back to him.

“Yeah. Nuns are your thing. Everybody knows that. They respect it.”
Twisting to turn back, a final glance at the forbidden party, “They respect us.”

“We are the reason men fear the night. This isn't over yet, Immortal! This'll never be over!”

“Gentlemen, gentlemen, now must we make a scene?”

Standing right behind them was a tall man around 6ft; sandy hair styled perfectly in place.
His eyes sparkled a crystal blue, and the sharp elegant dinner suit hung excellently over his toned body. He flashed Spike and Angelus a dazzling smile, his teeth pearly white that shone.

“Shall we?”
he asked walking back into the curtained party, leaving a bewildered Spike and Angelus questioning the Immortal and what game he was playing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2004 Wolfram and Hart Offices, LA





Angel sat in his office, thinking back to his trip last week. Rome had not been all he had hoped. He had wished he’d seen Buffy and that she was finally done baking and was now cookies.
Angel was shook out of his dream world by the sound of the door opening; Gunn and Wesley entered and Angel tried to pretend he was busy.

“All I’m saying is that the Cluikan demons wont be happy if we tell them not to offer this sacrifice.”

“Wes! It’s five virgin women! How can we let them carry out this sacrifice?” Gunn protested.

“I know! But we must do something, they are very powerful and won’t be too happy with us, their lawyers, standing in their way.”

“Angel you’re with me right?”
Gunn asked his boss who was staring blankly ahead having no idea what was going on.

“What?”
he asked bewildered,
“oh right yea I’m with you” he agreed not really knowing what he was supporting.

“Angel are you alright?”
Wesley asked, knowing his friend had not been normal since his return from Rome. He knew how hard it must have been for him to see Buffy again, to bring back all those emotions.

“I’m fine! Fine!”
Angel snapped at the last bit, he was annoyed with everyone assuming he was upset over Buffy. He was, but he didn’t want everyone to know that.
“I’m fine”
he said again, a lot calmer so as not to worry his friends. He did not want to take it out on them.

“So Angel about the Cluikans…”
Gunn started only to be cut off by Wesley,
“We’ll talk about this later”

Angel looked up from his desk at Wesley giving him a grateful smile before both men left him to go back to what he does best, Brood.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“That’s right Bitch! Come on give me your best shot!”
Spike growled as he circled his enemy, in a quick instant a fist came flying with such a force it threw Spike back, slamming him against the far wall.

“Bleedin’ hell! How many times have I got to tell you! Not the face! Never the face!”
he yelled at her, why was he the one stuck with the job of testing the powerful old demon. He stood wearily to his feet, clutching his aching jaw.

To be honest he welcomed these moments with Illyria; they allowed him to let out his frustration, his anger, and his pain.
He had been having a lot of this lately, ever since his return from Rome. Seeing Buffy, being so close to her and yet not hold her, he didn’t know it would hurt this much.

“You reek of jealousy”
Illyria droned, standing in a dominating stance, hands on hips.

“Yea what of it?” Spike barked back at her, she was an annoying harlot sometimes.

“She fills you” she continued pacing slowly, circling him
“you lover her”, she cocked her head staring at him with them cold ice diamond eyes.

Spike softened at the intensity of her gaze,
“yea I do,”
he said biting his bottom lip as it finally dawned on him that he loved Buffy. Yet he had just left without telling her, without putting up a fight for her against the Immortal.

“You long for her you want her you…”

“Oh would you just shut up already! I know all that I’m the bloody one feeling it ain’t I! And give me back my bloody clipboard!”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Just a quickie thing which came into my head, i plan to take this further, but only if you want me to so review and tell me if you like!?**
Revelations by spikes_bitch
Disclaimer: Hey guys!! Sadly i do not own this!!!!

#############

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Ah…ahh…ANGEL!” she screamed her release, her blonde hair flowing over her shoulders as she smiled down at her lover. Rolling off she lay next to him and nestled into his embrace. “That was nice” she sighed dragging her fingernails over his bare chest. Staring up at him with her glowing green eyes she joked “ I’m not gonna have to stake ya am I?”

“No, I’m not Angelus” he smiled planting a kiss on the top of her head.

“Should I be offended? That I don’t make you entirely happy” she smiled. She hadn’t meant it to come out like that, of course she was glad he hadn’t turned all evil soulless vamp again, its just she was upset that she didn’t make him as ‘happy’ as he was with that slayer he’d been with…Bunny?

“Nina, of course you made me happy, it was amazing, its just I…” Angel stuttered, how could he put this? Nina was wonderful it was just Buffy was on his mind and nothing could compare to that bliss they had shared. “I was just more conscious you know? I just made sure I didn’t forget about my soul.”

She seemed happy with that answer, as she had not rebuked him, “Nina?” he asked looking down at the head on his chest, she was fast asleep. He smiled as he too closed his eyes and went off into a dream world. About Buffy.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


“You’re what?!” Angel barked at the bleach blonde in front of him.

“That’s right I’m going, the whole evil law firm ain’t for me, I realised what I want!”

he smirked his hands stuffed in the pockets of his long black duster. He stood in front of Angel’s desk rocking back and forth on the heels of his Doc Martins, Looking smugly at Angel.


That fight with Illyria really put things straight in his head. He realised that instead of wasting his time getting punched in the face by a blue haired demon he could be in the arms of his love. That is if she isn’t too busy wrapped in the Immortals grasp. Without realising Spike had transformed into vampire face at just the thought of his slayer in another mans arms, not even man but a demon? Shaking it off Angel continued.

“Do I even have to ask where you’re going?” he frowned, he too had Buffy on the brain and he wanted nothing more but to take her in his arms and breathe her in. he was not going to let Spike take her away from him.

“Well that depends” Spike teased, “where do’ya think I’m going?”

“Buffy” Angel gritted between his teeth.

“Who’s a clever boy!” Spike cooed pouting his lips and raising one eyebrow suggestively “Strike that last part…so do I get the plane?” he smirked. Leaning on the edge of Angel’s desk, prepared to light up a cigarette.

Angel stood quickly and moved round to snatch the cigarette from Spikes lips. He broke it in half and then turned to Spike arms crossed in front of his chest, “ oh you can get the plane” Spike looked chuffed in his little victory, “and I’m coming too” Angel finished shooting Spike an evil smile before grabbing his jacket and heading for the door.

“No you’re bloody well not!” Spike exclaimed following Angel out of his office his duster billowing behind him, “I’m not gonna let you waltz on over there and sweep Buffy off her feet, like a hero! That’s my job!”

“Yeah well I’m not gonna let you either, I've known her longer than you…She’s Mine.” He leered at Spike before reaching the elevator and pushing the button waiting for it to arrive.

“What a stupid bleedin’ ponce you are!” Spike growled “She's mine!”

“Mine”
“Mine”
“She is mine!”
“You git mine”

The two vamps argued back and forth, eyes glaring at each other neither took notice that the elevator had arrived, doors open and in there stood a figure.

“Buffy”

they both muttered, the blonde stood stoned face as ever and pushed past the two of them and strolled into Angels office without a word. Angel and Spike were stuck to the spot each looking over their shoulder at the blonde beauty that had passed them.

Before looking back at each other, Spike stared Angel in the face and said, “MINE.” Then turned and continued back to the office.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;


A/N: Hey hope you liked!! a lot more to come!!! Review as always!!
Revelations by spikes_bitch
Disclaimer: I dont own anything!!! oK!! Happy now!!!??? lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




“Buffy luv” Spike started walking back into Angel’s office, her back was facing him, he gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t touch me!” she gritted her teeth, moving her body to get out of his reach.

“Sorry luv” he mumbled shocked at her outburst, what had he expected? Her to run into his arms and forgive him? Not bloody likely.

“Oh you’re sorry! You’re sorry? Spike why didn’t you tell me? Did you not even care about me enough to tell me?” She whispered the last part emotion taking over and tears beginning to form, ‘I will not cry. I will not cry’ she repeated to herself.

“That’s bollocks Buffy and you know it! Its because I cared too much about you to tell you…”

Spike practically shouted, he looked at her. He knew she was hurting and that she was upset, but to think he didn’t care? That was ridiculous.


“ I wanted you to have your normal life, vampire lover free. I…I thought you needed to be with a real man, who can treat you right…who can take you into the sun.”

He sighed, he slowly made his way closer to Buffy, they were inches apart now and the heat between them was intense.


“Spike,” she whispered staring up into those crystal piercing blue eyes, ‘wow’ she thought she could get lost in them forever.

“I’m the slayer, I know there’s others but that wont change who I am. I know what goes bump in the night and I’m the one who protects others from it.”
She rested her forehead against Spikes and let out a soft smile, “Besides I prefer the dark.”


Spike arched his eyebrow smirking down at her; both had huge smiles on their faces anger had certainly gone.

The mood seemed perfect, as Spike lowered his face slightly so his lips just touched the tip of her nose, where he planted a small kiss. Buffy closed her eyes, relishing the feel of Spike once again near to her.

“Spike” she murmured, pressing her body slightly against his, he cupped her chin and began to raise her lips to his.

“Buffy”

The moment had passed. At the door stood a not so happy Angel, furious at the coupling before him.

“Angel” Buffy spoke with a slight hint of annoyance, pulling back from Spike’s warm embrace, she moved to face her old lover.

“Long time no see…well actually no seeing as you seem to of stalked me a lot on your little trip,” she mocked, hands on hips, she certainly wasn’t impressed.

“I wasn’t stalki…”

“ If it wasn’t bad enough you had hired that idiot to watch me, but you…and you” she turned to Spike, “ were there. What’s wrong with you?”

“How did you know?” Angel sighed looking up into her green eyes.

“Let’s just say, you guys aren’t quiet fighters”


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



The music thumped around the place, the club was dark, with only the flashes of strobe lighting flickering. The place was packed and everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves, that was except the two undead vampires.

Spike walked off towards the blonde beauty, pushing people out of the way; he turned back to Angel

“Look! I know I don't have a shot with her, all right? Probably never did, but I still care about her, and I'm not gonna let her end up with a jerk like The Immortal. Or you.”

“Hey!” Angel bit back anger in his voice, “ours is a forever love.”

Spike scoffed at him throwing his arms out for exaggeration “I had a relationship with her too!”

“Ok sleeping together is not a relationship”

“It is if you do it enough times.” Spike smirked, loving the fact that he was annoying Angel.

***

‘What was that?’ she thought to herself, looking around the packed club, she scanned the crowd. Had it really been him? She was certain she had heard his voice, that sarcasm could be sensed from a mile off.

“What’s up baby?” the man who was holding her asked. He had his arms linked around her waist and pulled her closer.

“Nothing…” she spoke her face burrowed in confusion, she carried on dancing, twirling around often enough to keep a look out.

***

“Spike” Angel barked, pissed at the comment Spike had made previously,

“What?”

“The head?”

“I thought you had it?” they both turned to the bar where the butler from the house they had retrieved it from was carrying it away.

“Hey!” Spike roared, before chasing after him and facing him off,
“ where you think you're going with our head, Jeeves?”





Now Buffy was certain that she had heard Spike, she broke out of the Immortals grasp and ran to where she had heard the familiar voice.

“Where you going?”

the Immortal called after her, but to no prevail, she pushed her way through the crowds.

She stopped suddenly and looked at the scene played out before her.
There in front of her was Spike.

Spike.


The man who had died for the world, sacrificed his unlife for her, how could he be here, now?
And in Italy?


She watched him fight, she was mesmerised with his speed and agility; he was so fast, kicking and punching his way through the bulky men. It wasn’t until Spike had hit him, till she noticed Angel was with him, what was going on?
Why were they here?
And how come Angel and Spike were together?



“What the hell are you doing?” she heard Angel roar picking himself up off the floor,

“I was confused, ya git! It's very loud in here.”


Buffy smiled ‘Just like Spike’ she thought, wait; she wasn’t meant to be missing him, she was meant to be angry. Hurt. Upset. Why hadn’t he told her?

Fury rushed through her veins, just as she was about to walk over to them they had disappeared. She looked around confused but could not see them at all. They must of left, she turned to exit, but felt a strong hand grip her arm.

“Did you see that fight!” he laughed, smiling down at her, “Is that what you rushed to see?”

“Yeah…that’s what I wanted to see.” She sighed staring at the exit, longing to see Spike again.

“You wanna dance?” he whispered smoothly, sliding his arm around her waist, she pulled back sharply and tore her arm away from his hold. “What’s wrong?” he asked sincerity in his voice.

“Sorry,” she spoke softly, still stepping back slightly to be out of his reach, “I…I don’t feel too well” she lied, looking down at the floor. “I’m just gonna go home, get an early night and all…”

“Ok…let me walk you home,”

he told her placing his hand on the small of her back. She shivered at his touch, but did not want to seem to be distant; so she told him she would be fine, gave him a soft kiss on the lips and walked slowly out of the nightclub.

Once out of sight, she sprang into a run, only stopping as she came to a cross-junction. She scanned her surroundings, trying to figure out where they had gone.

It was useless they could be anywhere.



########~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~############

A/N: Hey guys hope you like!!! Please review this one!!! I hope you like X
If You Love Someone You Let Them Go.. by spikes_bitch
Disclaimer: Unfortunately I do not own Spike as much as I have bombarded Joss with my begging he has failed to give him to me!!! :_-(







The next morning Buffy woke up early, her mind filled with doubts and worry over facing Spike. She still felt for him, she loved him, but she had moved on, changed. She had met John now; the immortal and things were different…good. She let out a groan in frustration and pulled the covers over her head…
“Could this day get any worse!?” she grumbled trying to fall asleep again. Just then a knock on the door sounded followed by a familiar annoying chirpy voice.

“Buffy! It’s me Harmony! You getting up today?”
Buffy regretted saying the previous statement the day was already looking to be awful!

“Yea give me a minute Harm!” Buffy called still lying in bed hoping to get rid of the annoying blonde without confronting her.

“Okay well Angel wants to see you in his office.” She replied, before the sounds of footsteps could be heard retreating from the room. Buffy sighed, today was not gonna be easy. She was planning what she was gonna say, whilst she showered.

“Spike I…I do love you but I have a life now I…AAAH!!” she screamed, annoyed that it was so hard, she sank down the bathroom wall and cried.





Another day
without your smile
another day just passes by
but now I know
how much it means
for you to stay
right here with me


“Why the hell would she go off with that ponce?…what’s he got that I ain’t!?” spike asked pacing up and down in Angels office, he was waiting with Illyria and Wesley for Angel to arrive.

“I’ve never accounted the Immortal myself…however my research shows he was very charming and…”

“I’ll stop you there English…” Spike bit off pulling a smoke out of his duster and lighting up.

“I met the Immortal once…” Illyria droned, walking around Spike, “He had power…people worshipped him!”

“Yea well I have power…vampire here remember!” he raised his hand, she gave him a dismissive glance before carrying on…

“He had more power then a worthless vampire…he could see the future, he knew what would happen, that’s how he was so strong, he could dodge every blow towards him…he’s invincible…”

“Sounds like a crazy voodoo to me!” Spike shook her off, settling on Angel’s chair… “I mean if Buffy knew this then why…”

“If Buffy knew what?” he was cut short by a small blonde in the doorway, she stepped forward planting her hands firmly on her hips, glaring at Spike. “ Well come on Spike…”

“S’nuffin luv.” He replied shortly avoiding her gaze.

“Don’t give me that, and I’m NOT your love.” She spat at him…how could she even have thought he had changed? Anger was coursing through her, her hands digging deeper into her sides. He face must have got red as Spike stood up from behind the desk and was walking towards her. All her emotions were taking over her, she was so angry with him; annoyed she couldn’t stand him. Yet the only reason she was angry is that he hadn’t told her…why had he kept his return a secret…why hadn’t he come to save her? Tears were threatening to fall as her eyes glazed over, her breath hitching in her throat.


The time we spent apart will make our love grow stronger
But it hurt so bad I can't take it any longer


Spike was close to her now, he ushered the others out of the room, and went to put his arm around her “sssssh pet s’alrite”.

She tried to move out of his grasp but he just held her tighter, “I’m not your pet!” she said bitterly struggling to move… “I’m not your…. I’m not your pet!” she began to cry out, her feelings surfacing as she began to sob, she pounded on his chest, hard at first but as her tears shook her body she slumped to the floor, taking Spike with her.
He pulled her tighter towards him; she rested her head on his knees, weeping. He stroked her hair tenderly.

She finally looked up at him, cupping the side of his face in her hand, “why did you leave me?”

It broke his heart, she was crying for him… “Baby I didn’t want to…I had to…to save you to…”

“No” she cut him off, a fresh new set of tears about to fall… “Why didn’t you come back for me…after?”

Spike hung his head shamefully; so many times he had planned to go to her…to see her. He wanted to, more then anything. He dreamt of her every night…each night coming back to her, their emotional embrace after seeing each other for the first time. Then he remembered why he didn’t…the nightmares…where she would reject him…not want him.

“I…I wanted you to live…I cant see you in the light…you need someone to take you out of the dark.”

She lowered his head to hers, and placed a soft kiss on his lips… “I love you” she whispered against his mouth.


I wanna grow old with you
I wanna die lying in your arms
I wanna grow old with you
I wanna be looking in your eyes


He smiled, “I love you too.” He brought their lips back together for a truly passionate kiss, their tongues battling. Buffy nearly cried all over again, she couldn’t remember when she had ever been this happy.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, breaking them from their loving embrace…spike groaned, as he began to stand up, offering a hand to Buffy also.
“Hold on peaches!” he smirked, grasping hands with Buffy their fingers entwining. He looked down at his blonde goddess, quickly placing a soft kiss on head. He spoke into her hair… “Wit till later!”

She broke into a laugh, jokingly hitting him on the arm, “Spike!” they both had large smiles on their faces….

I wanna be there for you
Sharing everything you do
I wanna grow old with you


….until the door opened.

“Hey Baby!”

There standing in the doorway was a man, dressed in simple jeans, white tee and denim jacket, he had a bright smile. His hair a sandy blonde, and eyes a dark blue…it was none other than the Immortal.

Spike gritted his teeth and his grip on Buffy tightened…he hadn’t liked him a hundred years ago and he still didn’t like him now. His vampire face was threatening to show, but he hid it for Buffy’s sake. He looked at her, but she didn’t even glance at him. She tore her hand away from Spikes and went running towards the Immortals outstretched arms. He picked her up and swung her around.

“Oh John put me down!” she squealed, before he silenced her with an intense burning kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck, groaning enthusiastically…Spike stood staring on oblivious to the couple in front of him.

He felt like crying…what had just happened? A moment ago, that was they, making out on the floor, her telling him she loved him. And now she…she was with him. He couldn’t move…he couldn’t speak…he stared straight ahead, a look of pain, confusion and hurt etched across his face….





A/N: I know I know….I’m evil!!! Trust me I hate the Immortal too!!! But it has to be done as part of the story!!! But there are loads more Spuffy moments ahead…and it will have a Spuffy ending…Sorry the chapter is so short…I thought it was the best place to finish…as always please review!!! I love to know what people think…This chapter is dedicated to everyone who has reviewed!!!!
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=3256