A/N: Hey guys! this is a new fic it just came to my head earlier and i thought i'd get it down! let me know what you think! will update soon!!

Disclaimer: Joss owns everything i have no power!! :o(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1894 Rome, Italy.



A cool breeze filled the air as lovely ladies roamed around wearing the most expensive dresses.
Men in fine suits hurried past, eager to join the party. Pushing past two scruffs standing by the entrance, the man on the door was not looking pleased.

Then the one with dark hair and the ripped shirt spoke up,
“Blood vengeance. I'm sure we're on the list. Is there anything under blood vengeance?”

The man holding the clipboard with a large list of people checked their enquiry, flipping over many sheets of names. He then looked back up at them,
“No. No blood vengeance. Sorry.”

“Maybe it's under Angelus.”
The blonde man next to him suggested
Getting rather impatient now the bouncer replied,
“You're not on The Immortal's list.”

Angelus turned to Spike anger in his voice,
“Ah, you know what? To hell with the list.”
Signalling the blonde with his eyes, both of them charged at the curtained entrance, only to bang right into an invisible force, which prevented them from entering. Both men grunted frustrated at their failure.

Looking back down at his list, the man at the door was getting very annoyed at them both;
“You're not in here. You're not going in there.” He indicated gesturing by pointing over his shoulder at the crimson curtain which masked off the Immortal's ball.
“ Piss off!”

Pouting, both men turned to leave, kicking at the ground Angelus turned to his companion,
“He mocks us at every turn.”

The Brit. nodded his anger seeping through him,
“Yeah, the man has no sense of indecency. You remember Frankfurt? He hatches the Rathruhn egg personally and just decides to give those nuns safe passage.”

“Those were my nuns!” Angelus roared as the memory came flooding back to him.

“Yeah. Nuns are your thing. Everybody knows that. They respect it.”
Twisting to turn back, a final glance at the forbidden party, “They respect us.”

“We are the reason men fear the night. This isn't over yet, Immortal! This'll never be over!”

“Gentlemen, gentlemen, now must we make a scene?”

Standing right behind them was a tall man around 6ft; sandy hair styled perfectly in place.
His eyes sparkled a crystal blue, and the sharp elegant dinner suit hung excellently over his toned body. He flashed Spike and Angelus a dazzling smile, his teeth pearly white that shone.

“Shall we?”
he asked walking back into the curtained party, leaving a bewildered Spike and Angelus questioning the Immortal and what game he was playing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2004 Wolfram and Hart Offices, LA





Angel sat in his office, thinking back to his trip last week. Rome had not been all he had hoped. He had wished he’d seen Buffy and that she was finally done baking and was now cookies.
Angel was shook out of his dream world by the sound of the door opening; Gunn and Wesley entered and Angel tried to pretend he was busy.

“All I’m saying is that the Cluikan demons wont be happy if we tell them not to offer this sacrifice.”

“Wes! It’s five virgin women! How can we let them carry out this sacrifice?” Gunn protested.

“I know! But we must do something, they are very powerful and won’t be too happy with us, their lawyers, standing in their way.”

“Angel you’re with me right?”
Gunn asked his boss who was staring blankly ahead having no idea what was going on.

“What?”
he asked bewildered,
“oh right yea I’m with you” he agreed not really knowing what he was supporting.

“Angel are you alright?”
Wesley asked, knowing his friend had not been normal since his return from Rome. He knew how hard it must have been for him to see Buffy again, to bring back all those emotions.

“I’m fine! Fine!”
Angel snapped at the last bit, he was annoyed with everyone assuming he was upset over Buffy. He was, but he didn’t want everyone to know that.
“I’m fine”
he said again, a lot calmer so as not to worry his friends. He did not want to take it out on them.

“So Angel about the Cluikans…”
Gunn started only to be cut off by Wesley,
“We’ll talk about this later”

Angel looked up from his desk at Wesley giving him a grateful smile before both men left him to go back to what he does best, Brood.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“That’s right Bitch! Come on give me your best shot!”
Spike growled as he circled his enemy, in a quick instant a fist came flying with such a force it threw Spike back, slamming him against the far wall.

“Bleedin’ hell! How many times have I got to tell you! Not the face! Never the face!”
he yelled at her, why was he the one stuck with the job of testing the powerful old demon. He stood wearily to his feet, clutching his aching jaw.

To be honest he welcomed these moments with Illyria; they allowed him to let out his frustration, his anger, and his pain.
He had been having a lot of this lately, ever since his return from Rome. Seeing Buffy, being so close to her and yet not hold her, he didn’t know it would hurt this much.

“You reek of jealousy”
Illyria droned, standing in a dominating stance, hands on hips.

“Yea what of it?” Spike barked back at her, she was an annoying harlot sometimes.

“She fills you” she continued pacing slowly, circling him
“you lover her”, she cocked her head staring at him with them cold ice diamond eyes.

Spike softened at the intensity of her gaze,
“yea I do,”
he said biting his bottom lip as it finally dawned on him that he loved Buffy. Yet he had just left without telling her, without putting up a fight for her against the Immortal.

“You long for her you want her you…”

“Oh would you just shut up already! I know all that I’m the bloody one feeling it ain’t I! And give me back my bloody clipboard!”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Just a quickie thing which came into my head, i plan to take this further, but only if you want me to so review and tell me if you like!?**