Results of Vampire Bites by Spikes KittyKat
Summary: This starts at season 5 episode 10, "Into The Woods." Spike takes Buffy to see the vampire whorehouse where Riley has been spending his nights. How will Buffy react when she witnesses first hand Riley's behavior towards Spike on the day after?
Categories: Ficlets/Song Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 11275 Read: 16736 Published: 03/09/2009 Updated: 03/09/2009

1. Prologue: The Truth Hurts by Spikes KittyKat

2. Chapter 1: The Dark Side by Spikes KittyKat

3. Chapter 2: Confrontations by Spikes KittyKat

4. Chapter 3: Bonding Time by Spikes KittyKat

5. Chapter 4: Explanations by Spikes KittyKat

6. Chapter 5: Unexpected Assistance by Spikes KittyKat

7. Chapter 6: The Legendary Orbs by Spikes KittyKat

8. Chapter 7: The Battle and Its Rewards by Spikes KittyKat

Prologue: The Truth Hurts by Spikes KittyKat
Author's Notes:
My first shorter story. I hope you enjoy. This is not beta-ed but short and reread twice so hopefully there isn't too many mistakes. I just can't post on the other one until someone looks at it. I have two stories out plus The Wish. So read if you aren't offended by non-betaed things.

PS: I'll get this betaed eventually but i really wanted my larger fictions to be betaed first. Enjoy!

PSS: If anyone out there is interested in betaing for me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Prologue: The Truth Hurts



Buffy sat up in bed holding her blanket to her chest and said, “Every time you show up like this, you risk all of your parts, you know that?”

Spike ignored her comment and said, “I wouldn’t be here, if I didn’t have a good reason.”

He scoffed and continued, “As usual I’m here to help you, and I” he gets distracted, as he states in curiosity, “Are you naked under there?”

Buffy looked annoyed, “Get out” while rolling her eyes.

He raises his eyebrow and tried to defend himself, “No I’m serious” as he noticed her giving him a look and said, “I mean, not about the naked part, I mean…”

He craned his neck trying to see under the blanket.

Buffy started to loose patience as she says, “Get out or I will drop you out head-first.”

Spike lowered his voice speaking intensely as he looked her in the eyes, “I want to show you something.”

Buffy looked into his eyes realizing he is serious and replied, “What?”

She didn’t know why she trusted Spike but she did and wanted to see what was so serious that he would risk being staked by her to inform her of it.

Spike tilted his head up knowing what he must do, “You need to see this.”

Part of him knew he shouldn’t show her and possibly hurt her but another part looking out for his best interests knew what was going on would only get worse in time. Sure she might not like him for what he was about to do but he couldn’t have Buffy put herself at risk.

Buffy let out a sigh and he knew she was giving in.

Spike knew time was of the essence as he stated, “But we need to move if we want to get there in time.”

Buffy raised one of her eyebrows at him since she was naked and she couldn’t get dressed in front of him.

He scoffed and felt his body react as he covered it up saying, “Oh please! Like I give a bloody damn.”

He turned around hiding his agony as he rolled his eyes at himself forcing himself not to peek.

Spike still had parts of William in him that didn’t allow him to be purely evil. He always chose to ignore how Angelus had said Dru didn’t turn him quite right and didn’t remove the humanity fully from his system.

Buffy got dressed and said, “Okay so what have you got to show me?”

Spike waited as she exited the door first and together they walked down the stairway.

He walked down the stairs with her by his side and around the corner of her house.

Together they walked in silence until when they were close to their destination, Buffy started to get nervous.

He had brought her to a very bad part of town and it was a part of town that she didn’t even patrol in alone.

She knew he wouldn’t really try to hurt her or at least hoped that but part of her trusted that.

If Spike was after killing her, she doubted he would have gone to all this trouble and looked so seriously disturbed by what he was about to tell her.

He also had been quiet this whole walk instead of distracting her with words which also told her this was serious business.

Buffy looked up at him with curiosity shining in her eyes and said, “Are we almost there?”

Spike nodded pointing to the metal gate that was close to the entrance.

Without another word, they walked around the gate to the stairway. Buffy studied her surrounding not liking the feel of the area of town.

They climbed the stairs together and Spike always the gentleman opened the door for her.

Her vamp senses went off like crazy and these were not nice comforting vampire tingles like Spike’s but instead harsh tingles that gave her the willies.

She heard Spike shut the door and carefully looked around and was appalled at what she saw.

There were vampires sucking on humans that weren’t fighting. She wanted to run screaming but instead heard Spike’s voice saying, “Don’t stop Slayer. This isn’t what we are here for.”

The room looked a mess. Old bathtubs and chairs filled the room as well as trash. The place was horrible and smelt like blood and sweat.

Buffy was horrified as she heard pleasure groans and gasps mixed with pain and growls of the vampires who were doing the sucking.

She had never imagined things like this existed.

More importantly, she couldn’t figure out why Spike would bring her here.

She glanced around the room and noticed two male vampires and one was tucking money away.

She realized at that moment, that vampires must get paid to suck blood from humans.

She shivered a little but tried to be brave as she turned around to get some kind of comfort from Spike.

He nodded for her to go up the stairs. Buffy hoped he followed as she felt very uncomfortable in this place but did as he asked.

She didn’t even stop to think why she was listening to him.

He could have been leading her into a trap but she somehow knew he wasn’t.

She felt uneasy as she walked towards the stairs not knowing what was upstairs.

Buffy felt safe as she felt Spike’s master tinges temporarily covering up the more minor tingles of the other vampires.

She knew if needed, he’d save her from the vampire so she pushed on.

She was so nervous she barely even noticed when a larger vampire stopped Spike demanding from him, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Spike shrugged saying, “Just having a little look, mate. Keep it down.”

Spike turned to walk away but the vampire stopped him again repeating, “You can’t go up there.”

Spike got mad and grabbed the vampire by the neck shoving him to the ground saying, “I said keep it down.”

Buffy watched the whole thing from the stairs knowing she was right in thinking Spike would protect her.

She continued walking up the stairs with Spike close behind her.

She wanted to ask him what this was all about but knew he had said she must see for herself.

Together they walked down the trash-ridden hallway and then she stopped looking at him.

He nodded towards the door encouraging her to walk in.

She was nervous but did as he bid looking back once to make sure he still had her back uncertain as to what she might find.

Obviously whatever it was couldn’t be that bad if he was keeping his distance from her.

She hesitated before opening the door feeling Spike’s comforting presence behind her as she saw a horrible sight.

In front of her was Riley half naked sitting on the floor with his wrist out towards a female vampire who was sucking on his wrist.

Buffy was disgusted as she heard Riley say in a strong voice, “Harder!”

Before she could stop herself she let out a sound of horror and watched as Riley and the vampire looked up to see her.

The vampire apparently was undisturbed as she continued to suck his blood.

Buffy could do nothing more than to stand in horror and watch the scene play out in front of her.

She heard him say her name and she knew couldn’t stay. She couldn’t watch this and she knew nothing he could say would make it go away.

She panicked and ran from the room. Riley called out her name again from some far away place and she pushed a large vampire out of the way not even watching as he slammed into the wall.

Spike passed her by her not noticing her blending in with the wall under he sensed her behind him.

He stopped and looked back at her and she looked at him feeling so she shell-shocked.

Spike started to talk to her saying, “I thought you should know…”

Buffy looked at him giving him a fierce look because she was upset at Riley. She couldn’t handle this and Spike had been the one who had showed her this horrible place.

Spike looks at her in shock and she couldn’t take it or stand to have him look at her knowing what she was dating.

She took one last look at him and ran away thinking what did Spike expect.

She kept running until she reached home. She closed the door behind her and crawled into her bed aiming to sleep so she could forgot this horrible night.
Chapter 1: The Dark Side by Spikes KittyKat

Chapter 1: The Dark Side



Buffy woke up and felt the weight of the world on her shoulders.

She sighed and felt a sense of dread at the day ahead of her.

She didn’t know where to go but she heard loud noises below her, which was the reason she was awake at such an ungodly hour.

It seemed her household had decided to get up early this morning and to be loud making her get up as well.

She crawled out of bed taking a quick shower hoping to wash away the pain of last night and to make her feel more human and alert.

She hadn’t gotten to sleep until 4 in the morning and even then she only had slept 2 hours according to the clock on her nightstand.

She tried to brush her hair to make it presentable and then picked a black skirt and red sleeveless v-neck trying to look better than she felt.

She stepped out of her room to a house of chaos.

Joyce yelled up the stairs, “Buffy are you awake?”

She heard Dawn yell, “Come on Buffy, we can’t agree!”

Buffy came down the stairs slowly feeling a sense of dread as she heard Joyce rambling off stuff towards her.

She sighed as she heard Dawn yelling about something.

Her head spun and she couldn’t take it anymore. She was getting a pounding headache and wasn’t sure if it was from her lack of sleep, her stress level or their loud talking.

She felt her head spin as she looked at her mom saying, “I’m sorry mom. I have to meet Willow to go over something.”

Buffy barely took the time to grab her jacket before stepping outside.

She was thankful she had because it was pouring down the rain.

She sighed, as she ran not really thinking about where she was going. It was only 7 in the morning so Willow and Xander as well as Giles were not an option.

Before she realized where she was, she was standing in front of Spike’s crypt knocking.

She heard no answer so she opened the door quickly shutting out the rain behind her.

She shook her jacket realizing she was drenched as she saw Spike sleeping on the coffin in the center of his room.

He jumped when he heard her enter and said, “Ever hear of knocking pet?”

Buffy rolled her eyes saying, “I did knock but you didn’t answer.”

Spike looked at her as though wondering why she was here and she quickly replied, “I was getting drenched so I came in and why are you looking at me like that?”

Spike blinked and said, “Why are you here Slayer? It’s early morning and the sun would be shining if it wasn’t raining and again why are you here?”

Buffy frowned sitting down on the coffin on the edge saying, “What am I supposed to do with the information you showed me yesterday? Am I supposed to care? Am I supposed to go dust the world of vamps? Should I raid the place? Should I just ignore it?”

Spike looked down at his hands and then leaned over to pick up the bottle of alcohol that was on the floor.

He had left it there when he had fallen asleep last night and he took a swig offering her one.

She frowned but accepted then scrunched up her face sticking her tongue out and shaking her head from side to side saying, “Aargh.”

Spike couldn’t help but chuckle and she continued feeling a little braver as the brandy coated her throat making her feel warm, “Riley was pretty much visiting a whore house only instead of a normal whore house, he was visiting a vampire making whore house.”

Spike finally spoke up saying, “I don’t think he was after being turned luv. He was probably just getting a high off it…”

Buffy glanced over at him saying, “And that’s supposed to make it all better?”

Spike looked up catching her eyes and shook his head choosing again to stay quiet.

Buffy took another drink of the brandy and made that sound again as Spike smiled slightly and took the bottle she offered and took a swig himself. He didn’t know what to say.

What do you say to a girl whose boyfriend was getting his rocks off getting bitten by random vampires?

Buffy finally looked at him and she looked utterly exhausted.

He shrugged saying, “I can walk you home pet.”

She looked up at him and said, “Can I stay here? Just to sleep a while. My house is noisy and I can’t sleep there.”

Spike nodded and said, “You can stay downstairs. I just put a bed in there. You are welcomed to use it.”

She looked up at him and he stood up tossing his jacket over the edge of his chair.

He noticed she was dripping wet and said, “Want something to change into while you sleep?”

She nodded and he jumped down into the lower level of the crypt and Buffy followed quietly.

She looked around noticing there were many candles not lighted around the place and a huge bed in the center of the room.

She looked over to see what he was doing and he was pulling out a black tee shirt of his and an old pair of Harmony’s blue jeans.

They would be big on her but would suit better than his.

He turned around handing them to her and she nodded.

He turned around and she sighed as she changed feeling herself shiver with a chill.

She wondered for a minute as she pulled on his black shirt, why she was here at all.

Why didn’t she just go to Giles’s and take his couch?

She knew he’d be okay with that but instead she came here to Spike’s.

She pulled on the jeans and then said, “Okay” as she finished buttoning up his shirt.

He turned around and closed his eyes seeing her still buttoning herself up.

She then glanced up at him and said, “You really okay with me sleeping here?”

Spike nodded, opening his eyes and gestured towards the bed as he went to climb the ladder.

She said, “Can you just sit with me until I fall asleep?”

Spike nodded and climbed on the end of the bed as Buffy climbed into the bed. He helped to tuck the covers around her and noticed how she looked so tired and exhausted.

She looked as though the whole world’s weight was on her shoulders.

He wished for a second he could make it better but instead sat with his back leaning against the headboard as she rolled onto her side towards his direction and folded her arm resting her head down.

She whispered a soft, “Thank you for letting me sleep here.”

Spike nodded and listened to her breathe for a while.

She fell asleep almost right away and he needed sleep as well so he crawled up the ladder and settled down to sit in his chair.

He was about to take another sip of the bottle of brandy when his crypt door slams open for the second time today.

He listened and noticed Buffy’s breathing was slow and steady so she was still sleeping.

He looked up into the face of Riley.

He smelt alcohol on Riley but he couldn’t resist making a comment or two, “Hey what took you?”

He smirked as he placed the bottle next to the chair saying, “Guess it takes a while to get back to full strength after those bites.”

Riley scowled grabbing Spike by the shirt and lifted him out of his chair.

Spike put up his hands saying, “Hey hey! Let’s be reasonable about this.” He was beginning to really feel a bit panicked knowing if Riley’s look was what he was really feeling, Spike would have no way to defend himself against Riley being human and all.

Riley glared at Spike saying, “You may not have noticed Spike.” He paused to punch Spike in the face, “I left reasonable about three exits back.”

Spike kept his hands up saying, “Look, I’m not the one who got you into this. Don’t kill the messenger.”

Riley scowled and pulled back his arm and Spike’s eyes got big as he saw a stake was in his hand.

Before Spike could say anything more, Riley plunged the stake into Spike’s chest.

Spike gasped as Riley said, “Why the hell not?”

Spike started yelling in pain, “OW! Bloody hell! Oh God!”

He looked down at his chest and said, “Hey” as he realized he hadn’t been dusted yet. Riley yanked out the stake and

Spike grabbed his chest in pain stumbling back as he stared at the stake.

Riley grinned saying, “Plastic wood-grain. Looks real, doesn’t it?”

He paused not noticing the girl standing in the corner looking horrified again as he grabbed Spike by the shirt saying, “Don’t think I don’t know what’s going on with you, Spike. Stay away from her or we’ll do this for real next time.”

Buffy gasped out loud and both of the guys’ eyes turned towards her.
Chapter 2: Confrontations by Spikes KittyKat

Chapter 2: Confrontations



Buffy was horrified at the scene in front of her.

Spike had a hole in his chest made by a plastic wood-grained stake.

Riley had gone to all the trouble to make a plastic stake look wood and then to try to dust Spike.

All of this was because Riley couldn’t keep his hands off vampires.

Riley stepped towards Buffy saying, “This isn’t what it looks like.”

Buffy put her hands on her hips moving in Spike’s direction and further from Riley’s saying, “This isn’t what it looks like? You aren’t there holding a plastic stake that you had made to look like a wooden stake. Spike doesn’t have a hole in his chest where his heart should be from your hand? And you aren’t here because we caught you getting all sucky with vampires?”

Riley blinked as he backed up trying to come up with something to say.

He put the stake in his pocket and said, “Don’t let this get to you. Spike is nothing. He’s just a thing not even a man.”

Riley’s eyes suddenly got big as he said, “Why are you here and wearing something that looks like Spike’s clothing?”

Riley's eyes got cloudy as he turned around and jacked Spike up against the wall whipping out a real wooden stake.

Buffy ran jumping in the middle of the two saying, “Get out Riley.”

Riley blinked saying, “You can’t possibly mean you are staying?”

Buffy didn’t reply and just pointed to the exit saying, “This is Spike’s place. He can’t keep humans out but I sure as hell can. Get out!”

Riley took one last look at Buffy and knew what he was going to do. He stood up saying, “Buffy they want me back. The military does I mean. I’ve been asked to go to South America. It’s deep undercover and allows no contacts with civilians. The transport is leaving tonight.”

Buffy blinked forgetting what was going on for a minute as she said, “Tonight? When were you going to tell me about this?”

Riley stated in a matter of a fact tone, “I’m telling you now.”

Buffy looked up at him asking with her voice a little softer than a minute ago, “Are you going?”

Riley shrugged saying, “I don’t know. If we can’t work this out…”

Buffy got angry saying, “Then what? This is goodbye?”

Riley shrugged and Buffy got even madder, “You are unbelievable. You’ve giving me an ultimatum?”

Riley replied, “No I’m not.”

Buffy didn’t listen and instead said, “Yes you are! You expect me to get over it now or you’re gone!”

Riley stuttered saying, “I don’t, Buffy. That’s not what I meant.”

Buffy frowned then yelled out shaking her head, “I’ve heard enough. I will not take the blame for this.”

Riley grabbed her arm as she tried to walk away saying, “I’m not asking you to.”

Buffy shook his arm off her saying, “Let go of me! I want you gone. I want you out of here!”

She pointed towards the door and then turned around refusing to look at him as she heard the sound of the door opening and closing.

She forgot where she was as she sunk down to the ground and cried.

Spike stood there for a moment watching her and sighed knowing he couldn’t stand to see her like this.

He walked over behind her and she didn’t even react as he wrapped his arms around her.

She sat and cried for what was going on in her life and what she was losing. Riley was her only chance at a normal life and she had been convinced for so long after Angel left that she wanted normal.

She felt her tears stopping and suddenly found herself surrounded by the comforting scent of leather and tobacco.

She sniffled as she realized she was clinging to his now very wet shirt thanks to her tears.

She looked embarrassed as she moved out his embarrassed.

He watched as she wiped her eyes and she noticed his shirt wasn’t just wet with tears but with blood.

She gasped as she remembered what Riley had done and what the results were.

She knelt down in front of him and pulling up his shirt looking at the gaping wound in his chest.

She put her hand gently over it realizing it was still bleeding but more in shock at how close he had been to being dust today.

She suddenly realized she didn’t want that and perhaps she never had. She whispered, “You’re bleeding.”

Spike nodded saying, “Your solider boy thought he was being funny. A real riot that was.”

Buffy bit her lower lip as she stood up and went to the counter grabbing a towel and returned to kneel down in front of him to hold it to his wound. She whispered, “We need to get that wrapped up.”

Spike shrugged then grimaced as Buffy frowned.

Spike figured she wasn’t going to disappear so he said, “counter near the kitchen has some bandages I keep here in case of emergencies.”

She went over to the counter and found the kit. It was nothing like her kits but would work.

There were strips of cloth in it, tape, but no alcohol.

Buffy could use the brandy bottle she saw on the floor.

She walked back to him leaning to pick up the bottle. She whispered, “Lay back so I can bind this thing.”

Spike usually would have ignored it until it healed but was touched she would take the time to bandage him up so laid back allowing her room to work.

Buffy carefully straddled his knees and lifted his shirt off his head as she poured the alcohol over it.

He hissed and yelled at her, “Bloody hell slayer! Watch it!”

Buffy shouted back, “It’s to prevent infections!”

Spike shook his head shouting once again, “We don’t get infections. Don’t you know anything about vampires?”

Buffy blinked but shook her head saying, “You seem human sometimes.”

Spike nodded but said, “Doesn’t make me human luv. Remember that ok?”

Buffy nodded but said nothing as she leaned down over his chest carefully wrapping the long strips around his chest to cover the wound and hold the soft pad in place preventing further bleeding out.

She used the tape she had brought from the kit to hold it in place and then nodded satisfied he would be okay.

She didn’t move right away instead studied his face as though looking for something in particular.

Spike watched her for a moment and then relaxed as she smiled slightly and stood up offering her arm to help him up.

He pulled his shirt over his head and got helped to his feet and he went over to sit on the coffin in the center of the room where Buffy sat next to him.
Chapter 3: Bonding Time by Spikes KittyKat

Chapter 3: Bonding Time



Buffy sat on the coffin with her legs hanging over the edge.

They were crossed at her ankles and she lifted her legs to look down at her outfit saying, “I don’t look flattering do I?”

Spike shrugged saying, “You look just fine luv.”

She sighed saying, “You think Riley will really leave?”

Spike nodded saying, “He wanted you to fall at his feet and tell him to stay. He wanted you to beg him to stay and to forget his actions over the past few days. Since you aren’t willing to do that, I suspect he will be out on first flight out of here.”

She frowned but said nothing.

Spike cocked his head to glance at her saying, “Does that bother you?”

Buffy shrugged admitting quietly, “Probably not as much as it should.”

Spike frowned saying, “What does that mean exactly?”

She raised her eyes in his direction saying, “I’m not sure but if I ever felt anything for him…” She paused then glanced down at her hands saying, “It wasn’t love.”

Spike stayed quiet and was surprised when she continued to talk, “it wasn’t love and it probably wasn’t fair of me not to love him. Perhaps that’s why he went and visited the vampires. Perhaps I drove him to it. I have bad luck in relationships. I must be cursed to be alone.”

She then got a far away look quoting her calling, “Into each generation a girl is born: one girl in all the world, a chosen one. She alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers. She is the Slayer. The word alone is in there for a reason.“

Spike said nothing as he listened to her words.

It got his mind going back to what they were dealing with, Glory. She was the slayer’s latest challenge.

They didn’t know exactly what she was but she was damn powerful and hard to beat. He got thinking, ‘Perhaps if I can…’

His mind trailed off as she got up and he thought she was leaving but instead she picked up the brandy bottle and took a sip saying “Aargh” as she shook her head sticking out her tongue in such a funny face that he turned smiling at her.

She smiled saying, “What?”

He said, “Your face…when you do that…it’s so cute.”

She smiled turning a little red not knowing what to say so instead of saying something she offered him a sip.

He took the bottle lifting his foot up and over the side to straddle the coffin and face her.

She did the same and watched as he took a sip then offered her the bottle.

The bottle was getting rather low and she sat quietly just taking turns with the bottle.

Spike’s mind was busy wheeling with thoughts and ideas.

He was determined to make things easier on Buffy especially now it appeared that her boyfriend was skipping town.

He knew she needed help and it was obvious captain cardboard and the poof wasn’t going to offer it.

There was only so much the whelp, demon girl and the watcher could offer and Red as well as Glinda, were powerful but not really powerful enough to take down such a hell god as Glory.

No one knew exactly what she was but she was really hard to beat and had really given Buffy a run for her money.

He got to thinking about it and suddenly had an idea.

Finally Spike broke the silence saying excitedly, “I have an idea.”

Buffy raised her eyebrow saying, “About us?”

Spike shook his head saying, “I was thinking about Glory actually and how to stop her.”

Buffy looked curiously at him offering him the bottle and felt her fingers tingle as they brushed fingertips.

Spike shrugged saying, “I don’t want you to have to repeat it and I’d like to hear the others’ thoughts on it.”

Buffy nodded and said, “got any blood here?”

Spike blinked looking confused as Buffy said, “We got a few hours before sunset. You need to feed if you are going to get any better.”

Spike nodded and got up walking over to his fridge and pulled out a jar of blood. He opened it, poured it into a glass and sprinkled some spices into it and then drank up.

Buffy watched as he vamped out to drink it and then un-vamped.

She always thought that was so fascinating how he can look so scary one minute and then so adorable the next.

She covered her mouth as a yawn escaped her and Spike nodded saying, “You’ve only gotten about 30 minutes of sleep over here pet. Sorry I wasn’t much help.”

She looked over at him saying, “You didn’t get much sleep either.”

Spike shook his head saying, “I’m a vampire. Sleep doesn’t come often.”

She shrugged saying, “Could you sleep now for a few hours?”

He didn’t know what to say and just nodded wondering where this was heading.

She didn’t say anything but got up off the coffin and went over to the ladder and climbed down.

She glanced up at the ladder not seeing Spike as she yelled, “You coming to sleep?”

Spike didn’t know what to say so he dutifully followed and poked his head down into the hole in the floor, looking at her as she was lying under the covers on his bed.

She repeated herself looking into his eyes, “You coming? Are you tired or not?”

Spike stood up and jumped down and said, “You want me to sleep here with you?” He pointed to the bed next to her to make his point.

She nodded trying not to give anything away as she said, “I’m taking over your bed and neither of us got any sleep thanks to Riley’s extra curricular activities both today and last night. So I’m okay as long as you stay over here on your side of the bed.”

Spike wasn’t going to argue. He was exhausted and really needed the sleep so he pulled off his boots and crawled onto ‘his’ side of the bed.

He was surprised to find it was actually the side he normally slept on.

There was so much he didn’t know yet about Buffy but he intended to find out.

He pulled the covers over his tired body and closed his eyes and felt Buffy shift getting more comfortable.

She was lying near him but not touching him.

He was tempted to pull her to his side but he felt the bed shift again and felt her leg brush against his.

He tensed but decided not to say anything.

He was just about asleep when he felt the bed shift again and felt Buffy snuggled up to his side.

She lifted his arms and put them around her and he whispered, “Buffy?” She whispered quietly, “Spike.”

He knew then she knew what she was doing so he held her tightly closing his eyes inhaling her scent as he drifted off to sleep holding the slayer who was supposed to be his enemy and he hers.
Chapter 4: Explanations by Spikes KittyKat

Chapter 4: Explanations



Buffy woke up sneaking out of Spike’s arms.

It wasn’t that she didn’t know she did it but instead she didn’t want to have a discussion about her reasons why until she was sure of why it was.

She hated over-analyzing things especially when someone else was there.

She’d rather think about it herself and then tell the results.

She stretched as she went over to the other side of the room finding her clothes were dry.

She glanced at Spike who was lightly breathing but she figured he did that in his sleep so she stripped pulling her shirt over her head and then pulling her skirt on as well.

She didn’t notice the eye Spike had opened to watch the whole show.

He closed them again as Buffy came over gently shaking him whispering, “Spike, I think it’s night time. Wake up!”

Spike opened his eyes pretending to stretch awake and she smiled saying, “You need more blood before we go?”

Her stomach growled and he frowned saying, “You need food.”

She frowned realizing she hadn’t eaten a single thing all day or last night.

She had been so busy it had slipped her mind.

He climbed out of bed to slip his boots on saying, “On the way to the magic box we can hit the gas station to get you a sandwich or something if that’s okay.”

She smiled and nodded as she started to climb up the ladder.

Once upstairs, she pulled on her boots and jacket and turned to see Spike sliding into his duster.

She repeated, “Do you need blood?”

He shrugged but went over to the fridge pulling out his trusty jar of blood and took a few swigs wiping his mouth and said, “All set luv. Let’s go get you fixed up.”

She glanced at him saying, “Can’t I get a hint about your plan?”

He shrugged as they walked side by side and he said, “One hint and that’s it, orbs.”

She looked confused but decided to let him keep his secret for now.

She would find out soon enough.

Instead she chose to talk about what Glory wants, the key.

She admitted to Spike, “Dawn’s the key. Glory is after my sister except she’s not really my sister. She’s some green blob of energy that was stuffed into the form of my human sister so that I could protect her.”

Spike stopped in his tracks outside of the gas station and studied Buffy as though not believing it.

He whispered softly, “We have memories of her…how?”

Buffy blinked saying, “Monks made them. I guess they deemed you pretty important since you got them too.”

Spike frowned but said, “She’s still the nibblet. Doesn’t change anything.”

Buffy smiled happy to hear he felt that way as she went into the gas station to pick up a soda and a sandwich and a bag of chips.

Spike put them back getting a foot long sub, a liter of soda and a bigger bag of chips.

She looked at him in shock saying, “I won’t eat all that.”

Spike grinned saying, “I’ll help.”

Buffy didn’t say anything but instead took it up to the counter to pay but was surprised when Spike put his hand over her hand and handed the clerk a $20 bill.

She raised an eyebrow at him and he said, “What? I have money luv.”

She glared him saying, “We paid you.”

Spike nodded saying, “Doesn’t mean I don’t have money.”

She decided not to say anything but followed him as he took the big bag and walked across the street to the magic box.

The Scoobies glanced up at her saying, “Shouldn’t you be patrolling?”

Buffy waved them off taking a seat on a chair and watched as Spike pulled up a chair next to her.

She sat her sandwich down on the table along with their chips and soda.

She watched as Spike opened the soda up first helping himself to a big sip before handing it to Buffy who took one as well.

Buffy then opened the bag of chips offering one to Spike and taking two herself before starting to dig in to her sandwich.

Xander looked confused watching their interaction as he asked, “Where’s Riley?”

Buffy didn’t answer him and chewed her mouth full of sandwich which Spike stole from her hand and took off a large bite as well before handing it back to her.

Buffy finished her bite and said, “Spike has an idea he wanted to share with all of us.”

Xander repeated, “Well shouldn’t we wait for Riley?”

Buffy looked down at the sandwich resting in her hands saying, “You will be waiting for a long time. His plane left already for wherever he was going.”

Xander looked at her expecting her to explain but she didn’t and instead Buffy said, “So that idea Spike.”

She looked at him and Xander blinked at the way she really looked at him as though she cared what he had to say.

Her body language was messed up as well and what is with this eating from each other’s hand thing.

He glanced at the rest of the table and noticed Tara had a slight smile on her face, Anya was smiling but Willow and Giles looked just as confused as he felt.

He stopped thinking as he heard Spike start to speak, “Well we have ourselves a really strong girl who is out to hurt Buffy and get something called a key. Now we can’t give her to Glory so obviously we have some work ahead of us.”

Xander blinked saying, “Her?”

Spike glanced at Buffy who shrugged and he questioned her saying, “You didn’t tell them yet?”

She shook her head chewing on another chip and Willow said, “Tell us what?”

Buffy frowned taking a sip of the soda that she handed back to Spike before saying, “Where’s Dawn?”

Xander looked confused but said, “I walked her home an hour ago.”

Buffy nodded and chewed on a chip trying to figure out how best to say it.

She finally shrugged saying, “Dawn is the key. She’s what Glory is looking for.”

Everyone talking all at once and Buffy yelled something but Spike held up his hand saying, “Let the girl talk guys.”

Everyone grew quiet as Buffy said, “I needed to protect the key. They didn’t know how else to have me protect it so a bunch of monks got together and performed a spell creating the key into a teenage girl. They decided that in order to have me want to protect it, they would have to make it matter to me, so they created Dawn. All the memories you have of her aren’t real. They were made by the monks.”

Spike cut her off finally having chewed his mouthful of chips saying, “but she’s a real girl guys. She’s still Buffy’s sister and should be treated as such. Doesn’t matter how you were made whether it be from a blob of energy or from a mother or from another vampire, you’re still real.”

Buffy smiled at Spike as she munched on a few chips and covered his hand with her free one.

It had been resting on his knee and he smiled up at her.

The others saw this interaction and Xander finally lost his cool saying said, “What is up with you and the dead guy uffy and where’s Riley and what are we supposed to do about Dawn being the key?”

Buffy sighed and said, “Spike and I have an understanding of sorts, Riley left on a mission today after I found out some not so flattering information about him and after he staked Spike and we need to listen to Spike about the key issue.”

Willow gasped saying, “Then why isn’t he all dusty?”

Buffy waved her free hand saying, “Plastic stake but I’m sure it still hurt.”

Spike nodded but said nothing and waited for everyone to be quiet.

He munched on a few chips liking the flavor of sour cream and onion more than he expected.

It took a while for them to finally be quiet because Giles said, “What happened to Riley?”

Buffy sighed knowing she was going to have to admit what happened leaving out some details.

Buffy cleared her throat handing the last few bites of sandwich to Spike after glancing once at him.

Spike nodded towards her and she felt her bravery rise as she said, “Riley snuck off last night to get sucked on by some vampires. I apparently wasn’t doing it for him or something.”

Spike spoke up handing the bag of chips to Buffy and the soda, seeing how uncomfortable she was talking about it, “Riley took up a new habit of getting his blood sucked by vampire whores. Probably like you guys getting blow jobs but instead he took it to the vampire world and got the high off the feeling of his blood being sucked. It’s not so common but does happen. People pay good money for it although I’m not sure why.”

He shrugged and then continued, “So I showed Buffy this place, it went poorly. Then Riley got all angry and decided to stake me with a plastic stake…”

Buffy nodded setting down her soda and said, “We had a fight and well some things were said and he gave me a choice saying pretty much, ‘Forgive me and beg me to stay or I’m leaving.’ I’m pissed off at him still and I couldn’t forgive him and pretend things were al better when they weren’t, so at sundown he left.”

The gang started talking but Buffy tuned it out and waited until they were quiet again enjoying the chips and was thankful Spike got a big bag because they were really pigs tonight.
Chapter 5: Unexpected Assistance by Spikes KittyKat

Chapter 5: Unexpected Assistance



Spike sat forward in his chair but he didn’t move his hand from Buffy’s so instead ran his other hand through his hair as he tried to decide what to say.

He decided just to be honest keeping out the reasons behind the information.

He cleared his throat gently saying, “Ok so we got this bitch that wants us dead and wants the key. I say we fight her with invincibility. There are these orbs of Nezzla'khan. Ever hear of them watcher?”

Giles removed his glasses and nodded saying, “A legend. Two orbs that when worn create invincibility and immortality."

Spike nodded saying, “Exactly and I think with these orbs, you should be able to destroy Glory but the legend is a bit wrong from what I gather. You don’t have to wear the things but instead just have to absorb their power and keep them safe. If the orbs are destroyed, the extra power you absorbed is as well.”

Xander spoke up first saying, “Why would you want Buffy more powerful than she already is? What can you possibility gain from having Buffy able to never die and be able to kill in a heartbeat?”

Spike shrugged saying, “I trust the slayer with the power. She isn’t one to abuse power or let it go to her head. Do you see her out there stopping criminals or trying to fight wars? She’s responsible.”

Xander looked skeptical and Giles continued to rub his glasses not liking the look in either Spike’s or Buffy’s eyes as their gazes met each other. It reminded him of the foggy images he saw them giving each other during the spell.

Willow always insisted she never said in love.

He shuddered as he put his glasses back on his face saying, “Those are a legend though Spike. I hardly call that a winning bet against Glory. Chances are they don’t exist.”

Spike looked a little uncomfortable as he said, “They are real enough.”

Giles said, “Well even if they are real, there’s no way we could find them in time for them to be useful. People have searched for years for legends and come up empty.”

Spike looked down at Buffy and his joined hands and he looked up saying, “I know where they are, in a cave outside of Sunnyhell. Only Demons can entered the cave itself but it’s guarded by other demons. I’ll need the slayer’s help but I’m sure we can handle it.”

Buffy asked curiously, “So these orbs…what are they?”

Spike smirked saying, “So you like balls of power Buffy?”

Buffy stuttered looking embarrassed as he raised his eyebrow at her and no one at the table including Giles, missed the sexual tension between the two as Buffy flirted back after pausing a minute and said, “Sure it’s the way to every girl’s heart.”

Anya laughed out loud impressed by Buffy’s response and Xander and Giles looked horrified.

Tara looked amused and said, “Well not every girl’s.”

Buffy, Spike, Anya and Tara all laughed as the others around the table looked horrified but shocked into silence.

Buffy said, “So I can’t be killed or hurt with these things on?”

Spike nodded saying, “Yea.”

Buffy eyed Spike and said, “Let’s go.”

Xander stood up saying, “Whoa Nelly. Shouldn’t you have Giles research this before you go jumping in? Shouldn’t there be a talk and discussion about this?”

Giles spoke up saying, “Spike, if I may ask something.”

Spike shrugged saying, “Of course watcher.”

He looked at Spike and said, “Why are you willing to give up your only chance to kill Buffy and us in order to help us kill Glory?”

Spike looked uncomfortable for a moment trying to decide why he was doing this.

He glanced up at Buffy who looked curious as well as to what he might say.

He gave her a look and then turned around towards them saying, “Well I gotta have someone around who can protect me from humans don’t I?”

Buffy tilted her head in his direction and he shrugged towards her as though to say, “What was I supposed to say?”

She didn’t say anything as Xander laughed saying, “We’d as soon stake you as protect you but whatever gets the job done.”

Giles didn’t seem satisfied with the answer as he glanced towards Buffy eyes, which seem to hold amazement and admiration.

Giles didn’t like that either but glanced at Spike’s eyes to see adoration and something else that scared him.

Spike didn’t seem to have an alternative motive for this. He was really concerned for Buffy and that perhaps was the scariest concept of all.

Buffy hopped into Spike’s car and looked around inside of it.

She questioned, “How many cars you got?” He shrugged, “Just the one. Got a van as well though. I’ve always wanted a motorcycle but I can’t seem to hang on to them.”

Buffy giggled imagining riding on the back of a motorcycle with her arms clung tightly around Spike.

She got a glazed look over her eyes and Spike cocked his head at her and she shook her head focusing on the topic at hand.

She looked over at Spike saying, “So where you taking me?”

Spike started driving turning down the music that immediately drowned out the world and replied, “Just outside of town. I’m sorry luv but I’ll need your help for any demons that are on the outside of the cave. You can’t enter the cave as you aren’t a demon.”

She nodded not liking it but respecting it. She was suddenly thankful he was a demon.

She decided to brave the question that bothered her, “How did you learn about this?”

Spike tried to blow it off saying, “I researched it. I heard the legend about it and decided to find out if there was any truth in it. I do that kind of thing you know.”

She nodded and replied, “Ring of Amara.”

Spike nodded, “I researched that as well. Anyway I was going to use it against you guys but I changed my mind.”

Buffy frowned saying, “How long have you known about it?”

Spike shrugged saying, “Since after I got the chip in my head.”

Buffy looked at him curiously saying, “And you haven’t used it in over a year?”

Spike shrugged saying, “I guess I never really wanted to kill you bad enough although you had me close that one time when you threw money to me in the alleyway saying I was beneath you. That was the closest I’ve come to wanting you dead in a long time.”

Buffy nodded remembering the day. She had been crying on the back porch and Spike had instead of using the rifle he had brought with him, laid it down beside him as he sat next to her and tried to comfort her putting an arm on her shoulder.

Then had sat with her until she was done crying letting her sit in silence until she was ready to talk to him.

She smiled remembering how he had made her feel better that day.

She never understood why but remembered it just the same.

She thought for a moment that perhaps that is when things really changed for her.

Her mother was dying and the one who comforted her was a soulless vampire not her normal boyfriend.

Sure he was supportive later on but not when it counted. She shrugged off the memory of Riley not wanting to think about him ever again.

He was a closed issue, and the same as Angel was.

Instead she decided to put Spike on the spot, “Why are you helping me? You are protecting Dawn and me. Why?”

He glanced at her before pulling into the dirt road leading to the cave. He let out a deep breath and said, “Honestly luv, I don’t know why. You’re the slayer and I’m a soulless vampire with a damn chip in my head. I could have used these on you the last year as you know and yet I didn’t. Why I didn’t, I don’t know. Perhaps it was because I’ve never hated you or perhaps it was because I never wanted you dead. Can we not worry about why and just worry about how?”

Buffy nodded and opened her door as Spike explained, “Ok you can go in the entrance from what I gather but the actual cavern I enter, you have to stay outside. Got it?”

She nodded and felt her neck tingle.

She whispered to Spike leaning towards him as he came around to help her from the car, “There’s vampires here. Quite a few.”

Spike sniffed the air and said, “Yea. I can smell them.”

Buffy nodded looking a little nervous as she stroked the two stakes she had in her pocket.

Spike produced one of them out of his pocket and held it to the ready. Spike motioned for Buffy to follow as he stepped through the cave.

Nothing happened so he motioned for her again and she passed through.

He watched as another demon walked through a cavern and an orange light scanned him but let him pass. Spike nodded saying, “Now keep your head down low, don’t do anything unless provoked and please be safe.”

She nodded and watched as he stepped past the cavern and the orange light scanned him allowing him passage. He turned around giving her one more glance and walked inside.
Chapter 6: The Legendary Orbs by Spikes KittyKat

Chapter 6: The Legendary Orbs



Buffy watched the cavern nervous.

She felt the tingles starting to die down and knew Spike had to be doing some serious battles.

Spike exited the cavern carrying a box with him that he placed inside a pocket in his duster as he turned around fighting with a few vampires.

Buffy turned around helping him.

She noticed he was pretty banged up but there were still six vampires around him.

She chose one and staked it, which alerted two of them to turn on her.

Spike glanced her direction to make sure she was fine but she was so he turned his attention back to the three left on him.

He successfully dodged almost every punch and kick they managed and quickly dusted two leaving the last one.

The vampire questioned Spike saying, “You’re a demon like us? Why would you do this?”

Spike smirked saying, “Not so much like you after all am I?”

He dusted the last vampire turning to see Buffy dusting off her clothes and smiled as she smiled at him.

Together they walked to the car and when he got inside, he said, “Want to try these on a quick patrol? Just to make sure they work?”

Buffy nodded and watched as he opened up a case to take out two red orbs.

They glowed slightly as he handed them to her.

He handed them her to absorb the energy and nodded as he said, “We will need to find my crypt before we do battle.”.

He then said, “Let’s go try out that power shall we?”

She nodded and watched him drive feeling the power course through her as he drove them back to Sunnydale.

Spike hummed a tune from the CD he had in the car as Buffy did some thinking.

Spike glanced at her from time to time to notice she was deep in thought.

He was tempted to ask her what she was thinking but decided against it figuring she would talk when she was ready.

Before he realized it, he pulled the car into his parking space and said, “Everyone with power out.”

Buffy giggled and together they walked to his crypt which was close by and she found a large rock and with Spike's help, she managed to shove the orbs inside of their safe casing into the rock.

She then moved it so no one would disturb them.

As she exited the crypt she noticed a vampire was waiting for her in the cemetery. He hissed, “SSSlayerrrr.”

She grinned saying, “Yea that’s me. Ready to test out my new power?”

The vampire looked nervous and then was really amazed as she kicked the vampire sending him across the graveyard.

She frowned saying, “That wasn’t much fun.”

Spike laughed saying, “A bit too much power there luv. But hopefully it’s enough to take down Glory.”

Another vampire rushed towards her and instead of kicking it she dodged his attacks like they were nothing.

She felt ultra strong and ultra fast as she quickly plunged the stake into him and punched a hole in the ground.

Spike chuckled saying, “Easy there pet. Don’t you dare decide to use that on me.”

She grinned but shook her head saying, “Wouldn’t be fair. I don’t even plan to use these to fight in after tonight. It’s a nice thing to have in case some powerful being decides to take up residence in Sunnydale though.”

Spike nodded and said, “Might even things out a bit but I know you won’t abuse it.”

Buffy nodded and smiled saying, “Ok we need a plan for Glory. What should we do?”

Spike grinned saying, “Catch her off guard tonight, give her a hellish beating and get this over with before it begins.”

Buffy smiled saying, “You will be there right?”

Spike nodded and replied without thinking, “Always.”

She glanced at him and then glanced down at their feet as they walked together to the Magic Box.

Once they reached the Magic Box, they entered with the sound of the bell alerting everyone of their presence.

She noticed everyone was still seated around the table but now with the troll hammer in the center.

She sat down in a chair with Spike pulling up a chair beside her and she said, “So what’s with the troll hammer?”

Anya smiled saying, “It’s powerful enough to help. If you got strong powers, this hammer should really do the trick.”

She picked it up and stood up away from the group and swung it over her head and around in a circle with a grin saying, “Ok where’s Glory?”

Spike laughed and said, “Not so fast. We need a plan.”

Buffy nodded saying, “Ok show me where she is and I’ll beat her to a pulp. You guys handle the minions and Willow and Tara, I need you back at the house making a protective barrier to make sure they are safe. I don’t want to have to worry about my mom or my sister while I’m fighting Glory. Can you guys do that?”

Both witches nodded and Buffy turned towards Xander saying, “You need weapons to kill the minions. They are demons so should be easy enough to dispose of. Giles you do the same. I need to know I am not going to be attacked from behind while I’m focusing my energy on her.”

Giles and Xander both nodded in agreement and both turned to get weapons from the weapon cabinet.

Buffy turned towards Anya and said, “Anya, you are command center. You make sure everything goes down and you can help fight if you want but you don’t have to. I just really need someone to make sure to watch so everyone’s safe.”

At Anya’s nod she turned towards Spike saying, “Spike you make sure no minions get near me while I’m fighting Glory and you have my back.”

Spike nodded as he thought about throwing another “always” out there but wondered what was wrong with him.

He didn’t want to think about it too much so instead he focused on his duties and chose a dagger out of the weapon cabinet and hooked it into his belt.

Buffy smiled to herself as she had an idea but didn’t want to say anything until it was time.

She wasn’t sure about how people would react and she didn’t need issues in the rank while this was so important.

This might be the only chance they have at fighting Glory and winning.

She grinned turning towards the group and picking up the hammer. She held it at to the ready saying, “I get Glory.”
Chapter 7: The Battle and Its Rewards by Spikes KittyKat

Chapter 7: The Battle



Buffy stormed into the apartment building Glory was staying in.

She glanced around the room seeing only minions.

She motioned to Xander and Giles who got to work.

She looked around the apartment and Spike followed her.

She turned around towards Spike and said, “I wish I could share this power with you. I’d feel better knowing you couldn’t get hurt.”

Spike shrugged and then glanced at her saying, “Then you might not be powerful enough to take down this hell bitch.”

She shrugged saying, “Two against one should even the one powerful being out.”

Spike shrugged saying, “No way. This is best because you need all the power you can get, luv.”

She didn’t say a word as she snuck into the back of the apartment and heard Glory talking to someone.

She ran into the room and held up her hammer to her shoulders.

She whacked Glory who fell backwards hitting the wall with a loud crash.

She glared at Buffy saying, “Watch it, my nails are wet.”

Buffy rolled her eyes as she hit her again with the hammer.

The two minions that were with Glory tried to rush Buffy but Spike held them at bay disposing of them. He turned to see Buffy and Glory in an all out battle.

He snuck behind her as she slammed him against the wall hard knocking his head.

He shook his head seeing bright lights as he tried to focus back on the fight.

Buffy was distracted seeing Spike thrown against the wall.

She kicked Glory and Glory laughed saying, “How can you date such a pathetic creature?”

Buffy glared at her not bothering to correct her at this time saying, “You need to die bitch.”

Glory laughed and said, “I’m a God. God’s can’t die.”

Buffy gasped as she realized if Glory was really a god, how would they ever kill her. Spike glanced at Buffy getting an idea.

He ran to Anya saying, “Can you open a dimension that might hold Glory?”

Anya shrugged saying, “I can try but I’m rusty on spells.”

Spike frowned saying, “Remember how you guys sent the Troll to Troll land?”

Anya nodded saying, “I have an idea but it’s not an exact science you understand?”

Meanwhile Glory was looking pretty beat up and Spike watched as Glory changed in front of them to Ben.

Spike stepped back saying, “Holy shit, Buffy. Did you see that?”

Buffy looked confused saying, “See what?”

Spike said, “That bloke is Glory!”

Buffy blinked not understanding what Spike was talking about. She didn’t see anything.

Spike frowned saying, “Kill him!”

Buffy looked so confused as Xander and Giles rushed into the room and Spike said, “That wanker is Glory!”

Giles looked at her skeptically and Spike hit the man and his chip didn’t go off. Everyone’s eyes got big as Spike kicked him again and he fell over saying, “What are you doing? You’re making a huge mistake.”

Spike grinned and kicked his stomach again saying, “You’re the Glory but how?”

The man shook his head saying, “I’m not Glory.”

Spike eyed him as Giles went over and put a crossbow in front of him saying, “Are you really Glory?”

Buffy said, “I was fighting Glory one minute and the next she’s gone and this man is here. It’s mom’s doctor.”

Giles glanced at Buffy not knowing what to do.

Part of him could see this was weird but the other part didn’t understand it.

Then before their eyes, Glory appeared again and Spike yelled, “See I told you!”

Buffy kicked Glory again and hit her with the troll hammer as the battle started once more.

Glory looked drained and was having a hard time staying in her form and not Ben’s.

Giles chanted something and his eyes grew wide as he saw Glory’s male and female form flashing before his eyes.

Finally after a few minutes Glory changed back to Ben and Giles sighed saying, “What are we supposed to do? We can’t kill Glory.”

Spike whispered something in Giles’s ear as Giles nodded and Spike said, “Come on Buffy. We want to check the rest of the house for where Glory went.”

Buffy willingly went with Spike and Xander and Anya followed leaving Giles alone with Ben.

Giles came out of the room a few minutes saying, “Glory is taken care of.”

Buffy raised her eyebrow and rushed into the room and gasped saying, “Oh my god, you killed the doctor!”

Giles shook his head as Spike wrapped his arm around the shocked Slayer leading her from the apartment complex.

It was almost sunlight as they all rushed to Spike’s car and piled in.

Spike sighed as he wanted to talk to Buffy alone but it was impossible with the back seat full of Anya, Xander and Giles.

This battle was over though and now she wouldn’t need him anymore. He pulled up to the curb in front of the Magic Box letting out everyone.

Buffy stayed in the car saying, “You can drive me home.”

Spike nodded and started to drive in the direction of her house and she shook her head saying, “I want to talk to you about something. Can we go to your crypt instead? Then you can walk me home.”

Spike nodded and pulled over to the Restfield Cemetery and parked his car in its normal spot as he walked around the car letting Buffy out.

Neither said a word as they walked into the crypt with Spike holding the door for her.

He then poured himself a mug of blood aiming to heal up from the vampire wounds earlier as Buffy finally pulled out the rest of the chips and soda from earlier that had been in the car and began to scarf it down.

Spike sat down next to her on the coffin and started munching on it as well.

She then looked up at him and made her decision.

She stood up and walked downstairs and came back carrying a red glowing orb suggesting its powers were back in it.

She glanced at Spike and handed the glowing orb to him.

He took at it and looked at her questionably as she explained, “You trusted me with more power and I’m trusting you. The deal is, you don’t use it to fight and only use it to enjoy a sunny day. From what I gathered, you said the person is immortal and invincible. That means you can walk into the sunlight and never worry about dusting. We will be equals still but I want your word you won’t feed again even with the orb.”

Spike nodded in agreement, “Agreed.”

She nodded and he whispered, “Thank you for this Buffy. It means a lot.”

She looked up at him and whispered, “No thank you. You saved my sister and me. I’ll never forget this.”

She then leaned over and gave him the softest kiss either of them had ever experienced.

She then backed up quite a few steps looking shocked at what she did putting a hand over her mouth feeling her lips still tingle.

She closed her eyes for moment and then before Spike could register anything, Buffy opened her eyes, which were filled with lust and walked towards him.

She reached out and framed his face with her hands as she pulled him in for a deep passionate kiss. He eagerly returned the kiss as they started a new chapter in their lives together.


The End

This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=33877