The Right Kind of Lie by Jake
Summary: Spike is a famous author and is friends with a famous Hollywood actress. To quell rumors about the two of them they must do something that both have aways wanted.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 8219 Read: 11962 Published: 05/01/2009 Updated: 11/20/2009

1. Living the dream by Jake

2. Tell Me Why by Jake

3. How much tongue? by Jake

4. Red Carpet Swagger by Jake

5. Your hand was where?!!! by Jake

6. Hawaii? by Jake

7. Ku'u I'ini by Jake

Living the dream by Jake
Author's Notes:
Thank you to Immortalangel08 for the summary and to cal for the basic idea.
“Dawn!” The bleached-blond Brit waited at the bottom of the stairs until his six year old daughter, complete with pigtails and innocent smile thudded into view.

“Yes daddy?” Dawn Giles-Chase looked at her enraged father expectantly, her already wide blue eyes appearing to grow even wider as she played with a dark brunette pigtail.

“Is there something in the kitchen you forgot to tell me about?” He waited patiently for the excuse his daughter was sure to give him.

“Um…no”

“Dawn, come with me please.” He took the protesting girls hand and led her into the spacious kitchen. There in the center of the dark redwood cabinets and slate counter tops say and eight week old Great Dane puppy tied to a chair. His brown head cocked to the side as he watched his new visitors. “Dawn, would you please tell me where you got the puppy?”

“Um…aunt Buffy gave him to me”

“Nice try kiddo but aunt Buffy is in Australia filming a new movie, something about with a…bloody hell! She really gave you a bloody Great Dane puppy, didn’t she? Bird’s finally lost her marbles. I think all that hair spray’s finally seeped into her brain this time. Couldn’t just give the dog to her own kid, no she had to send the little demon spawn over here.” Spike paced around the sleeping puppy as he continued to rant and rave about tiny infuriating blond women and bleeding Great Dane puppies.

“Auntie Buffy gave Andrew one too. He named him Scooby, so mine is going to be Scrappy.” Dawn announced, looking rather pleased with herself. “Can we keep him daddy? Please?”

Spike stopped pacing for a moment, looking from his daughter to the sleeping puppy on the floor in front of him. He had to admit the little mutt was awful cute with his too-big ears, feet and well he would grow into himself. “Sure nibblet, we can keep the mutt. I just need to talk to aunt Buffy first. When did she drop him off?”

“While you were in the shower.”

“Why don’t you go see what Grandpa is up to while I go over and talk to her okay?”
He never finished his sentence before the little girl had taken off through the house, her little feet thudding against the wood floors.
He shook his head before grabbing the keys to his old restored Desoto.

It took him less than twenty minutes to reach what could only be described as a mansion and another fifteen with the security guard at the front gate while they argued over a password.

As he followed her uptight personal assistant through the house, he muttered to himself about ‘slayers’ and the like. As the assistant left him, he peered into the room across the hall, only to be granted with the sight of the petite blond goddess’ luscious ass in the air as she stretched.

“Bloody hell!” He struggled to keep his comment as low as possible. He shifted uncomfortably as he felt the effects her body was having on him strain against his now too-tight jeans. What he wouldn’t give to have her body squirming under his as he pressed her against the… His musings stopped at the tug of his pants. Looking down, he smiled at the bright face of Buffy’s four year old son, Andrew.
With his dirty blond hair and bright blue eyes, he resembled his mother much more than his late father.

“Spike its great to see you again.” He spun towards his goddess of light, marveling at the fact that he could even stand in her presence. His every dream and most thoughts were consumed by her.

“It’s great to see you too pet. Although I wasn’t really expecting you back until next month.”

“I got bored with Australia and decided I missed L.A. too much. Plus what would I do if I couldn’t see your smiling face every day?” She gave him a quick smile before kneeling down next to Andrew and whispering something into his ear. The little boy nodded and took off running down the hall with a bounding puppy at his heels. “I hope you don’t mind the dog. I just saw them both and couldn’t resist.”

“It’s not a problem luv and you know it. Now do you want to tell me the real reason you came back to L.A. early?” Spike cocked his head to the side as he watched her leave the room, only to come back with a stack of magazines in her hands.

“These are what brought me back.” Buffy motioned him into a chair and splayed the various celebrity gossip magazines on the table in front of him.

Spike quickly read through a couple of the titles. ‘Slayer actors tie the knot!’, ‘Summers and Clement expecting!’, ‘Actress gives birth to son!’ and finally, ‘James Clement dies in tragic accident’.

“These all happened years ago pet. I thought you said you had worked through ol’ Clem’s death.”

“I am. These are only part of the reason I’m back in L.A so soon. The other part has to do with you.” She tossed another stack of magazines his way. He soon recognized a couple of covers with his face on them. ‘Actress and Author tie the knot’, ‘Actress gives birth to daughter’, ‘Giles-Chase, Is it really over?’, and finally, ‘William Giles announces ‘Yes, I am Gay’.

“Bloody hell I’m not gay!”

“Oh it gets better. Apparently, you and I have been engaging in some secret love affair for the past 6 years.” At his agape appearance, she continued. “Watch this and you’ll understand.”
Buffy turned and hit play on the 60” television in the corner of the room.

Spike watched as his beloved goddess answered question after question on the late night talk show until her face fell at the implication that they had been having a torrid love affair while she was still married to his best friend. He kept watching as she shot down every rumor about the two of them.

“I’ve talked to my publicist and there are two ways to fix this. First, we actually start dating…well, not actually dating at least out of the public eye but we come off as America’s sweethearts. Or the second, you announce you are gay and the rumors eventually die off.”

“For the last bloody time, I’m NOT gay!”
Tell Me Why by Jake
Author's Notes:
'I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine, he shall be my squishy.'- Finding Nemo. just thought everyone else should have that memorized and not just me
“Spike, it’s alright if you’re gay. No one is going to judge you but if you would rather go with plan A that’s fine too.” Buffy explained calmly to the still stuttering Brit seated across from her. “I mean I could see where they got that vibe. I mean my gaydar should have gone off with the chain and black fingernail polish, well and the tight clothes…”

“Buffy, for the last bloody time, I am not gay nor have I ever been gay and certainly will not be gay in the future. I’ve only got one woman on my mind right now ‘n I intend to catch her.” Spike noted that she turned her head away from him as a pained expression took over her face for a moment before it cleared again and she was able to face him.

“Well she’s a very lucky woman. Spike, I-I know this isn’t the best situation but I’m asking you as my friend to help me with this. After Clem I just I-I…” The tears she had been holding back for so long finally broke free and she allowed the dam to burst for the first time in years. She was no longer the polished Hollywood icon she’d played for so long but a scared, timid woman broken by strains of people’s expectation.

“Easy luv, know you’re still in pain over Clem. ‘E was a great bloke, best friend a guy could ever hope for ‘n great dad for Andrew. ‘M going to help you pet, I’ll do the date thing. It would be my pleasure to be seen as your boyfriend ‘round town.” ‘Maybe more’ He quickly shook the thought away as he comforted his best friend’s widowed wife. She was truly too young to have to deal with it all, even by Hollywood standards. At 25, she was Hollywood’s Golden Girl and a highly sought after lead actress. The death of her husband at such a young age had only projected her more into the spotlight.

“Andrew doesn’t even remember him. Clem is gone and his own son can’t even remember him. Why, please Spike, tell me why he got on that motorcycle that morning? Why didn’t he go with you? Why is he dead?”

Spike didn’t have the words to tell the young woman, the woman he was deeply in love with, why her husband hadn’t ridden with him that ill-fated morning. The reason would shred her to pieces and their friendship would be irreparable. He would lose her forever if he told her exactly what had happened.

“I don’t know sweetheart, I can’t tell you why the accident happened but you can’t blame yourself pet. Clem’s not coming back, wish ‘e was but ‘e can’t. ‘Es in a better place now but I’ll make you a deal. I’ll stand in as your boyfriend if you give me a real chance. Let me prove myself to you.”

Her head popped up at his statement, tears still staining her face. “What do you mean a real chance?”

“Let me be your boyfriend pet, for real, not just for the tabloids. I want to be there you’re sick, crying or just need to be held. The highs ‘n the lows, I want it all luv.”

“I-I can’t give that to you Spike, not now. Maybe someday but I can’t, not with Clem and…”

“Can I still be your ‘for publicity’ boyfriend ‘cause I’ve got to tell you ‘m not liking people thinking ‘m gay.” Spike gave her a smirk which quickly grew into a full-blown grin as she started laughing, her million dollar smile coming out to play.

“Spike, I would love it if you were my tabloid boyfriend.” She grinned at him before leaning towards him and kissing him softly.

“Bloody hell luv what was that for?” He was amazed he could even think straight as her lips caught his again and all his brain could think was ‘Buffy lips, lips of Buffy.’

“We will have to kiss in public. You do realize that right?” At his dazed nod, she continued. “If we’re going to do this we have to act like a real couple which includes kissing, hand-holding, and obnoxious little pet names for each other- Blondie bear.” She gave a small giggle at his frown.

“You’ve got yourself a deal if you never call me that again bunny-boo” He laughed as her face scrunched up at the pet named he’d given her.

“Ok so no pet names ever or at least those but we will have to kiss and hold hands so if you can’t do it, tell me now and we can end this.” Her emerald eyes met his cerulean ones as they came together in a longer kiss, hands roaming each other’s body.

His hands roamed up into her silken hair as he breathed in the unique blend of vanilla and jasmine that was purely Buffy. He’d waited for so long to have her in his arms that he didn’t notice the young boy standing next to them calling for his mother. Spike could feel her pull away slightly as she registered her son’s appearance and he reluctantly let her go.

Buffy leaned in and gave him one last soft kiss before following Andrew and the bouncing puppy out of the room. As she left, Spike’s eyes traveled around the room as he fought the discomfort of being away from her, they landed on a poster of ‘Slayers’ the movie Clem and Buffy had met on. The premiere had been the first time Spike had laid eyes on the golden stunner, only to see her wrapped in the arms of his best friend.
Spike closed his eyes as he remembered the last time he’d ever seen his best friend alive.

3 years prior…

“What the hell are you saying Spike? I thought you were supposed to be my friend and now this…” James ‘Clem’ Clement flung his arms in the air while studying the face of his best friend of nearly fifteen years.

“Not tryin’ to do anything Clem. Jus’ thought you should know.” Spike ran his hands through his bleached- blond hair as he tried to reason with man before him.

“I can’t do this right now. I need to meet Buffy at one. Call me when you can think straight man.” Clem left the house in a huff and stumbled out towards the black motorcycle out front.
How much tongue? by Jake
“So how do we do this pet?” Spike rearranged his black slacks as he took in the expanse of golden thigh exposed to him through the high slit in her dress. The light blue dress highlighted her toned figure as it exposed her back and a generous amount of thigh every time she moved. Spike groaned as the slit in the front inched its way higher to the place he would give anything to be as she moved in her seat next to him. He briefly contemplated daring a look to see if she was covering down below but thought the better of it as her mouth opened to answer his question. He quickly straightened his black jacket in an attempt to cover the certain part of his anatomy that had taken an immense liking to the woman seated beside him.

“It’s not that hard Spike…I fawn over you, you look at me like I’m the only woman in the world…Boom! Instant press. C’mon you did it with Cordelia long enough to know what to do to get on the paparazzo’s good side. We should be the lead story on every website tomorrow if we do this right. I think we should also finish off the red carpet walk with a kiss, just enough to give them something to talk about but not so much that they think this is all just publicity even though it really is.”

“Right, so how much tongue are we talking? Cause I for one would like to make this ‘Is he bloody gay’ rumor go away…tonight.” ‘Not to mention I’ll be kissing the most beautiful woman there and I’d like to get copies of the event’ He made a mental note to pick up as many celebrity gossip magazine’s the next week as humanly possible. ‘Maybe have them framed, put ‘em in a special room to commemorate the event.’

“Hmm…little bit maybe or maybe none at all, just more than would be polite among friends?” Buffy weighed her options of kissing the man she had called her friend for the past few years. Sure he was a great kisser but did she really want to encourage him anymore than she already had? She recalled their last conversation but dismissed it immediately as it was probably just him wanting to actually date her in an effort to stop the gay rumors from circulating. ‘Damn he really is hot. Maybe if I just… No bad Buffy!’

“And do you usually use tongue when you say ‘ello to friends pet? Wait, I guess you do.” Spike corrected himself at her raised brow.

“So tell me about this girl you’ve got your eye on? Is she pretty?” Buffy swallowed back the lump that was forming in her throat as she smiled at him.

“Very pretty luv, bleedin’ gorgeous is how I would describe ‘er.” Spike smiled wistfully as Buffy’s smile was drowned out by the need to frown at his new love interest. ‘Of course he wouldn’t be interested in you…single mother, widow to his best friend…not exactly a catch Summers.’

“Let me guess who it is! We’ve got time before we get there. Is it Harmony Kendall? I mean she’s pretty, I guess, in a kind of ‘fuck me I’m easy’ sort of way.” She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, the silky fabric of her dress riding higher along her thighs.

‘Bloody hell she’s going to kill me with that dress tonight. I can almost see…right question. Harmony…Harmony I know I’ve heard that name before…’ “’S not Harmony pet. That daft bint couldn’t hold an intellectual conversation to save her life. No, my girl’s smart, real smart.”

“Ok then is it Faith Lehane? I mean she was in that one movie with the cheerleaders and seriously, the girl’s got a great pair of legs…so is it her?” Buffy played with the ends of her hair as they tickled the base of her neck from the high ponytail.

“That crazy bird from that was in ‘Slayers’ with you? No thank you. ‘ad enough crazy with Cordy to last me a lifetime. No this girl is well worth it. Smart, gorgeous, killer wit…she’s got it all.” Spike never noticed her small huff of indignation as he focused on her killer thighs again. ‘Six feet under and I’d still be her willin’ slave.’

Buffy squirmed just a little bit more under his gaze as she wracked her brain for women meeting his description. “Kathy Newman from that show with the college? I mean she’s pretty but wait! Give me physical descriptors!” ‘If he pouts like that one more time I swear I’m going to…’ Her eyes shifted towards his eyes before she realized he was speaking again.

“…Newman. Girl’s blonde when she wants to be, real pretty eyes, cutest little nose and best part is she’s got a heart ‘f gold.” ’Is she pouting? Going to get that lip…’

“Miss Summers? We’re here.” The limo’s driver peeked in through the window separating the passenger’s from him.

“Ready?” Buffy gave him a killer smile before focusing on the fans waiting outside the door as he climbed out first before offering her a hand out.

They graced the red carpet in style and elegance as she took his crooked arm and walked down behind the main stars of the event.

Spike leaned down and whispered in her ear. “This many people for a movie ‘bout a boy that turns into a spider?”

Buffy stifled a laugh as she gave him a peck on the cheek, careful to catch the eye of as many photographers as possible when she did it before answering him. “He takes on aspects of a spider to protect people. Kind of like Superman, only less kryptonite.”

“So ‘e protects the city from bugs?” Spike grazed the side of her earlobe on his descent, delighting in the shiver her body gave as she clutched tighter onto his arm. His head tilted to the side as he realized she was genuinely enjoying his company instead of just playing along for the sake of the camera. ‘Not to mention I’ve got a great view of her…down boy!’

“Spider talk later, just smile and wave.” Buffy grinned at him before turning towards a waving reporter.
Red Carpet Swagger by Jake
Author's Notes:
Don't know if anyone is still interested in reading this but here it is anyway.
“So… how do you think we did last night? Am I off the most wanted gay man list yet?” Spike chuckled as he bumped her shoulder. He let himself enjoy the feeling of her tiny hand in his own as they strolled down Rodeo Drive together. Desperately, he tried to keep his mind anywhere but the limo ride back to her home the night before and off the feeling of her hot little body pressed up against his as she kissed her way down his neck.

“I don’t know, I think it might need a little more convincing.” She smiled brightly up at him. “Besides there’s paparazzi at twelve o’clock. Kiss me please.” She leaned into him, taking him by surprise as her lips engaged his in a friendly battle.

He groaned at the feeling of her taut body pressed against his and gently shoved her from him as he felt his body begin to respond to hers. She had made it perfectly clear that they would never be engaging in anything other than what had to be done for publicity and he didn’t know how much longer he could take it before he shoved her to the ground and had his wicked way with her.

‘Bloody hell if those jeans get any tighter…” Spike internal musings were broken when she tugged him behind her as she smiled for the paparazzi across the street. His arms wrapped themselves around her waist as if on their own accord as he plastered a smile of his own across his face.

Previous Night

“Buffy, can you tell us what you’re wearing tonight?” Allison Carlisle of Ok! Magazine asked the petite blonde as she gazed over the distracted-looking Spike. He stood at Buffy’s side with his head lowered against her own as he tried to keep his eyes focused on the reporter in front of them and not down the blonde’s dress. Her hot hand was buried inside his own with their fingers entwined as they fended off the reporters eager to get the scoop on the new couple.

“It’s actually Vera Wang and Spike is wearing Armani.” Buffy shifted closer to her wide-eyed escort in hopes of breaking him of his stupor. With a small smile down to her, he relaxed his crushing hold on her hand and allowed to arms to entangle around her tiny waist.

“Now I have to ask, are you two dating? You’ve been seen around quite a bit and it’s rumored that he flew to Australia to visit you on the set of Scooby Doo is that true?” The brunette reporter leaned closer to the couple as they fought to keep their composure.

“We are dating and as for Australia, that’s really no one’s business but our own. Thank you.” Buffy tugged Spike behind her towards yet another reporter as he tried to rally some of his old swagger on the red carpet.

“What do your kids think of this?”

Spike tugged her to a stop to answer the young man’s question, much to the protest of his date for the evening.

“Our kids are none of your bloody business, you soddin’ wanker.”

“To answer your question they are just fine with us dating and we have no further comments at this time. Thank you.” Buffy dragged him further along and once they had a moment of semi-silence, she reamed into him. “What the fuck is your problem Spike? Just tell them no comment! It’s not that hard. Just drop the bloody and say no comment.” She whispered harshly, careful to maintain a smiling profile for photographers.

“William! Buffy! Over here!” In sync they turned towards the newest onslaught of reporters and photographs as they made the slow trek towards the private viewing.

“Buffy! Buffy! How long have you been dating?” In response, the pair gave each a tiny nod before engaging in a long passion- filled kiss sure to land them on the front cover of every tabloid.

The next day…

“Spike! Hello earth to Spike! Hey! He’s totally checking you out, should I give him your number?” Buffy waved her hand in front of his temporarily blinded eyes as he focused across the street.

“Soddin’ hell No! It’s Cordelia luv.” He pointed across the street to where his ex-wife was currently entangled in the arms of a hulking brunette man.

“Oh! Well, did you want to go say hi to her or something?” Buffy avoided his eyes as she masked her own disappointment at seeing Spike’s true love. The heartbreak in his eyes was evident and she briefly wondered how much it would take for him to go running back to the cold-hearted woman.

“No, I really don’t pet. Let’s say we take in lunch or something. Give the paparazzi something to really write home ‘bout.” He gently tugged her away from the street in attempts to put as much distance between his ex-wife and her new lover and himself. Wrapping his arm around Buffy’s shoulders he could feel the tension radiating off of her and briefly wondered if anything had happened between her and that Angelus chap.

Later at the Summers residence

Buffy sat in Spike’s lap while they checked the usual tabloid webpage’s. A couple still claimed that their dating experiment was all just a ruse to take the pressure off of his ‘coming out’ but a few proclaimed them the newest ‘It’ couple.

“So how does it feel?” Buffy leaned against his chest as she clicked on the next page.

‘Bloody hell does she know what she’s asking?’ He tried to discreetly readjust himself from her squirming moments before. “Feel what pet?”

“Gay rumors are going down. I figure in a month or so we can stage a big break-up and you’ll be fine. We’ll just tell them that yes we were together starting with the movie premiere and no you were never gay but we decided to part ways. Sound good?”

His lips crashed on her own before she had time to question him and before long his hands were mapping out her body as they weaseled their way under her shirt and towards the zipper of her jeans.

Spinning around to face him, her fingers did their own mapping and tugged at his hair to bring him closer to her, all the while tugging at his shirt in an effort to discard it.
Your hand was where?!!! by Jake
Oh God! His hand was in her pants! Buffy Summers, best friend for years and the inspiration for more than a few fantasies that include the one where his hand was down her pants causing that wide-eyed wonder look on her face…did he mention his hand was down her pants?! Talkin’ under the skimpy lace and embedded between her hot flesh and skin-tight jeans! His hand!, William ‘Spike’ Giles, author and ex-husband to Cordelia Chase, former nerd and bookworm, had his hand down Buffy Summers‘, hottest actress in Hollywood (according to many internet polls but hey, who was actually looking at those?), pants!

Not the time to flashback to high school mate. Pull it together! Spike quickly drew himself from the high school boy in his head to pay closer attention to the woman writhing in pleasure on his lap. One hot little hand wrapped around his neck while the fingernails of her other scraped lightly down his taut stomach. He’d never seen a more beautiful sight than the petite blonde, eyes wide open and her head thrown back as he pressed lightly on her clit while two fingers pumped themselves inside her tight heat. Blonde hair whipping around her face, highlighting those expressive hazel eyes and drawing his attention to that pouty lower lip and the soft moans escaping her lips as she ground herself on his hand.

“S-Spike… we really need to…” She breathed heavily as her head collapsed on his shoulder. Need to tell him to stop, need to tell him…need to tell him to keep going is what I damn well need to do! Been too long, Summers. As she battled between the devil and angel on her shoulders she glanced around the spacious room. It took mere moments before she came down from her high and realized with perfect clarity that they were sitting in front of her computer and his hand was someplace that it really shouldn’t have been. She also realized that there were at least five staff members that could walk into the unlocked room at any time to find her with her ‘gay’ friend in a very compromising position.

“Shh luv. Not doing anything wrong here, jus’ enjoy it.” Please don’t let her come to her bloody senses and stop this now. Don’t think I could…could but very well don‘t want to mate. Hand should take up residence right where it is. Know we‘d both be happier for it…or at least satisfied. He nuzzled the side of her throat as his unoccupied hand made its way down from her hair to caress a cloth-covered breast, outlining the trim of her bra as he went.

“No, no Spike, we have to stop now! Someone could…” She fought to think of a legitimate excuse for his hand leaving its current location and unable to find one she settled for the obvious, “Andrew, Andrew could walk in and I don’t want him to see me, us, like this.” That worked. When all else fails use the child as an excuse. Buffy mentally cursed herself as Spike’s hand shot from her pants like it was on fire and quickly buttoned up her jeans.

“S-sorry pet, didn’t mean to…forgot ‘bout the…God! Buffy, I jus’, I jus’ lost control. Shouldn’t ‘a done that luv. Do you want me to leave?” Spike pouted for good measure and prayed that she wouldn’t kick him to the curb and out to the paparazzi who were no doubt littering her front walkway. That would be something to tell them, ’well, I had jus’ finished servicing the lady and she came to her bloody senses before we could get any further. That’s why I’m walking around out here with a soddin’ hard on like a fifteen year old.’ No, that wouldn’t work very well at all.

“I-I think that might be for the best but, uh, we’re still on for dinner, right?” She bit her lower lip as she edged off his lap, desperately trying to forget about the large bulge in the front of his pants.

“Yeah luv, this was just a, well it was just a stumble, crack in the path if you will. Nothin’ to fret ‘bout. ‘s not going to change our…friendship. So I’ll pick you up at 7?” He gently pushed her the rest of the way off his lap and tried not to groan at the loss of her warmth across his body as he stood and put a couple of feet between them, willing his hardening cock to go down. “Dress extra pretty tonight. Need to put this rumor six feet under.” With a quick nod to her, he strode out of the house unaware that he had left her in a crumbled mess on the floor as she fought down her emotions.

20 minutes later at the Summers’ residence

“Mommy? Why you’s on the floor?” Little Andrew Summers- Clement dropped to his knees and wrapped his tiny arms around his mother’s shivering form. Just as his pouty mouth opened to call for help, her eyes opened and she latched onto the little boy, cradling him in her lap.

“It’s ok, Andy. Momma’s just a bit confused about something, nothing to worry about. Are you ready to play with Dawn and Mr. Giles tonight?” She smiled at his big grin. His dark blue eyes, so reminiscent of his father, sparkled as he bounced in place.

“Uh-huh, can I bring Scooby? I promise he’ll be good, won’t pee on Mr. Giles’ books or nothing.”

“I think that could be arranged. C’mon, you can help mommy pick out something to wear.” Buffy stood and grasped her son’s tiny hand as they raced down the hallway and up the stairs to her room.


7 PM, Summers Residence, foyer

Spike stood nervously as he waited for Buffy to come down the stairs and eventually join him for dinner. He shot an anxious glance at the young actress’ personal assistant, Carrie, and sighed as the woman scowled at him. In anticipation, he drummed his fingers along his black pants until he heard the obvious squeal coming from the blonde haired boy and the sound of thudding paws on the floor as Andrew ran into the room with Scooby at his heels.

“Whoa there slugger! You too mutt. Don’t think your mum would be too happy ‘bout you breakin’ stuff.” He caught the hyper boy in his arms and held him flat against his knees as Andrew grinned up at him.

“You loves my mommy, don’t you uncle Spikey?”

Spike’s eyes bugged.

“Andrew, come say goodnight and I’ll be home later tonight. Have fun with Dawn and Mr. Giles, ‘kay?” Buffy saved the day as she swept her son into her arms, effectively silencing any response Spike might have had. She placed the little boy in Carrie’s arms and turned her attention to Spike and his black-on-black suit that fit him perfectly, accenting his broad shoulders and slim waistline.

“You look gorgeous pet. We should, uh, get going if we’re going to make it in time for dinner.” Mentally he cursed himself for how many times he stuttered or used the dreaded ‘uh’ and ‘um’ in her presence.

“Right. C’mon Drac. Goodnight sweetie, have fun tonight, mommy loves you.” With that, Buffy practically dragged the scowling man behind her and out of the mansion to a waiting town car.

“Dracula’s a bloody ponce ‘n I look nothing like him.”

“Rockin’ the black on black, ergo Dracula.” She giggled as his scowl deepened.

“Let’s get this bloody show on the road, folks.”
Hawaii? by Jake
Spike sighed in relief once they had made it past the front doors of the luxurious club, escaping the mob waiting outside. The paparazzi had been out in full force and it seemed the blonde duo was the main prize of the evening. He blinked as he tried to focus his eyes once more on the woman beside him, without the interruption of flashing lights and screams from fans.

“You look a little freaked out.” Buffy tugged at his tie to loosen it before deciding to rid him of it completely and quickly jammed it into her pint-sized Marc Jacobs handbag.

Spike blinked at her, his vision still not back to normal as it adjusted to the flashing lights overhead. “They’re like bloody piranhas, thought we were done for out there. ‘ow the hell do you do this every time you walk out ‘f the house, luv?”

Buffy blushed and turned her head away from him, “Normally I don’t. There’s a back entrance if you don’t want to face the paparazzi. I just wanted to see how you would handle it and let’s face it, we need all the publicity we can get in the time we’re together” She made air quotes to emphasize her point that they weren’t an actual couple, not for lack of trying on his part.

“You made me face the bloody hounds, for what, a giggle?” At her nod, he glared at her, “You’re jus’ lucky you’re bloody cute, Summers.”

Buffy laughed, “Or what? You’ll throw me over your knee and spank me?”

His gulp was audible as he stared at her and silently willed his erection back down to ground zero.

He followed her up the stairs and towards a secluded table in the back of the room with a great view of the main dance floor. His hand burned and yearned as he kept contact with her bare back and concentrated on not staring at the tiny black dress or her long shapely legs. Instead he focused on taking each stair one at a time and praying to the high heavens he didn’t trip and make a fool out of himself. Taking a seat beside her on the black leather couch he wrapped an arm around her waist while she quickly ordered drinks for the both of them and concentrated on viewing the dancers already on the floor.

“See anything you like, kitten?” His breath brushed by her cheek as she involuntarily shuddered.

“Just looking. Isn’t that Harmony Kendall?” Buffy pointed towards the fake blonde bouncing around the dance floor from one man to another. The girl was clearly in her element as she babbled and was steered around by various males eager to take her home for free publicity and the enticement of sex.

Spike stared wide-eyed at the bouncing blonde twit bouncing ever closer towards them as she popped up the stairs. “Don’ suppose you’d fancy a dance, luv?” He didn’t bother giving her time to respond before he tugged her behind him past the pink-clad Harmony.

He tugged her close and wrapped his arms snugly around her waist as he delighted in the fact that her arms had wrapped around his neck of their own volition. They swayed lightly to the bouncing music, uncaring that they were moving far too slowly to match the beat.

“So this is you trying to escape the dreaded Harmony?” Buffy chuckled, “Funny, I thought most guys wanted her.” She tilted her head back and spotted Harmony glaring down at them from the balcony. “It looks like she wants you.”

Spike merely grunted and tugged her closer to his body, reveling in her warmed flesh against his own skin. His eyes widened at her next statement.

“You should go talk to her. Who knows you might have something in common and hit it off.”

He blinked, “You want me to what?!”

Buffy chuckled softly, “It’s just a suggestion. I know you said you were really having feelings for someone and I thought maybe it was Harmony. You did get really defensive when I mentioned her the other night in the car.” She tilted her upwards to meet his eyes, “Was I wrong?”

“Bloody right you thought wrong! I wouldn’t touch that bint with a ten-foot pole.” He shook his head and brushed his lips against her forehead. “Like I said before there’s only one girl for me ‘n it’s not Harmony.”

She glanced around the room, “Are you going to tell me who it is? Or should I start looking at the waiters?”

“You’d better not be lookin’ at any waiters, luv. Vultures might start thinkin’ I can’t satisfy my girl ‘n that’s worse than the gay rumors.”

She smirked, “And could you…satisfy me that is? Think you’re man enough?” She wiggled her hips against his seductively as she nibbled lightly on his neck.

He groaned lightly, “Playin’ with fire luv.”

“Who says I’m playing?” She nipped at his jugular, eliciting another moan from him. “I want this…I want you.” Her hand ran down his back before lightly cupping his buttocks before rising again to his shoulder. “Don’t you?”

“More than anything, kitten, more than anything.”

She chuckled lightly, “Then tell me who you like. Tell me who turns…you…on.” Buffy pulled away slightly to gaze into his lust-filled eyes.
He couldn’t speak. For the first time in his life, William Pratt was lost for words. He continued to stare at the woman of his dreams as she danced seductively before him and he couldn’t say a thing. All he had to say was her name and they would be on their way to fulfilling fantasy number one…amongst others, and he couldn’t say the word.

He opened his mouth but nothing came out. Nothing, not even a peep or a gurgle so he settled as his head shot down and captured her lips with his own. His tongue prodded its way into her mouth as he traced, nibbled and explored.

“You. I want you, Buffy, all of you. Not jus’ this thing we have now, I want you always ‘n forever, by my side ‘n as my girl.” His voice crackled but the words rang truer than true as they hit the small space between their barely swaying bodies.

She watched him incredulously, “You want me? You could have your pick of anyone in this room and you want the single mother?”

“Told you before that I wanted you ‘n that hasn’t changed. ‘m in love with you Buffy ‘n always will be.”

“Guess that answers my next question. Although, I might as well still ask…Hawaii. Go with me?” She nearly burst out laughing at his expression. Sure, it wasn’t the most subtle way to ask him to accompany her to a premiere.

He grinned, “You ‘n me on the beach…all alone?”

“At a premiere and then a week on the beach, yeah that sounds about right.” She giggled softly at his expression. “You’ll go, right?”

“Couldn’t keep me away, pet, jus’ one question though.” He crinkled his brow. “What are we goin’ as? Gay man ‘n his best friend, real couple or are we jus’ friends?

It was her turn to smile at him as she clutched his head in her hand and leaned up to kiss his cheek. “I was thinking we could continue what we were doing earlier and see where it takes us…maybe the beach?”
Ku'u I'ini by Jake
Author's Notes:
Ku'u I'ini means 'my desire' in Hawaiian (or at least I'm hoping it does and according to two sites it does. Here's hoping :) Big shout out to Immortalangel08 for reading this over for me.
“Turn right.” Buffy waved her arm across the front of the steering wheel as she pointed to a tiny line on the map barely visible to the naked eye.

Spike snorted, adjusting his sunglasses against the bridge of his nose as he turned to look at the miniscule traveler’s map and back to the road. “Can’t turn right, luv. I can go straight and left, but no right.”

Buffy frowned and glanced back down at the map, tracing and re-tracing the thin lines as they waited at a stop light. “Go down there,” She pointed down the road a bit to where he could just make out a clearing in the median, “and make a u-turn, then you can turn right. See we have to go on Nimitz Highway, not Puuloa. Turn right.”

The light turned green and he maneuvered the small black sports car into traffic, angling to make a u-turn as soon as possible. Glancing down quickly, he looked over the map. “Pet, aren’t we supposed to be on Ala Moana?”

The small 2-door beamer darted through traffic, passing palm trees and uncaring pedestrians, as Spike anxiously looked for any sign they were going in the right direction, desperate to finally reach the hotel.

Buffy glanced over at the bleached blonde man at her side and shrugged. “Runs into it. It’s not like the island is that big. We’ll find the hotel eventually.”

He smirked as he dared a glance over towards her, “Right then, we’ll just drive around the island hopin’ that we see the bloody hotel before nightfall which should hit in…a couple ‘f hours at the most. Why didn’t you hire a driver like you usually do?”

Again, she shrugged. “I guess I was just hoping that maybe we could have some time playing tourist instead of being constantly monitored and driven around. This way we have a bit more ‘play’ time. We could check out the sites, maybe go jet skiing or check out Pearl Harbor or something. If you want I can call tomorrow and set up a driver.”

“Don’t. I like your idea better, luv. More time for jus’ us.” He paused, looking around at the various palm trees and ocean view. “Where are we going?”

“Don’t yell.” She held up her hands in mock defense, “but I think we went the wrong way.”

The vein in his forehead bulged as he tried to breathe as calmly as he possibly could. “Exactly how do we get there?”

“Uh…”

His hands clenched at the leather steering wheel. “Buffy…can you fix this or should I just pull over?”

“Turn! Right now, turn left!” Her hand darted in front of his face again as she pointed him off the highway.

As the vehicle made its swift descent down the off-ramp, Spike began to relax as Buffy quickly directed him onto another highway, this time aiming them towards the towering hotels and apartment buildings lining the beaches.

Minutes rolled by as they made their way swiftly down the highway, passing cars left and right as they took in the majesty of the ocean and the historic buildings along the shore.

Buffy consulted her map again, this time consulting the small sheet of paper hidden in her hand. “Get off here and then turn right.” The car idled for a moment at a stop light before he was able to take another right and they trudged along the congested road, searching for their hotel.

“What’s the name ‘f it again?” He glanced around at the elaborate hotel signs as he struggled to remember what she had said less than a week prior when they had made their plans.

Buffy consulted her tiny sheet of paper once again, “The Royal Hawaiian, I think.”

He chuckled, “You think?”

“Well, you have tried to read my handwriting, haven’t you? There’s a chance that it is the Royal Hawaiian and there’s an even bigger chance that it’s something else. We’ll find…eventually.”

Spike let out a full-on bellow as the car crept along the crowded street. “That’s comforting.”

“Turn left.” She watched carefully as he merged into the left lane. “Here. At Kalakaua, turn left. There it is.” She pointed down the road slightly.

He blinked, “’s pink.”

“It’s a historic hotel. It was built in 1927.” Buffy rambled off random facts from the bottom of her map.

“’s pink.” He blinked again as he pulled into entrance of the hotel.

She shrugged, “Get used to it.” Her smile returned as the young parking lot attendant opened her door and offered her a hand out of the car, glancing around at the other tourists leisurely walking around the front lobby. She caught a glimpse of a pathway leading to the ocean and made a mental note to get Spike down to the beach for a moonlit walk sometime during their vacation.

“Y-you’re Buffy Summers!” The young boy trembled at the prospect of meeting the actress as he reluctantly released her hand at her companion’s low growl.

Again, she gave him a small smile, “That would be me. Do you guys bring the luggage up or should we just grab it now?”


The boy shook out his overgrown brown hair as his mouth gaped open. “Y-you’re Buffy Summers!”

Spike rolled his eyes at the display but quickly wrapped his arm around Buffy’s waist before addressing the kid. “Yeah, she is. Jus’ park the bloody car and have our things brought to our room like the fancy sign over there says.” He pointed past the boy’s head towards a posted sign encouraging the use of the hotel’s bellhop service. With another possessive growl, he led Buffy past the still-shaking parking lot attendant towards the elevator leading to the main lobby.

They had made it less than a few steps before a local woman had lain carefully strung lei’s around their necks and escorted them towards the front desk.

“Miss Summers, all we need is your signature and your guests signature and then we’ll be all set. The costs have already been taken care of so feel free to charge anything to your room and it will be taken care of. If there is anything I, or anyone else on staff can do to make your stay more pleasurable, please don’t hesitate to ask.” The dark-haired woman waited a moment while the couple signed the appropriate pages before handing over the room keys and a single sheet of paper. “I hate to ask but…would you mind? I’m such a big fan of yours and I’d really love…”

Buffy giggled, flipping a stray strand of hair over her shoulder before signing the sheet of paper with flourish. “It’s really not a problem. Thanks for all your help.” She turned back to a bored-looking Spike. “Room first or beach, then room?”

He took a moment to gaze over her toned figure against the tropical backdrop as a slight breeze tousled her hair. “Room, beach, and then dinner.”
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=34457