The Devil's Knockin' by Jake
Summary: When cut throat business woman, Buffy Summers, is nearly killed in a car crash she is given the opportunity for a second chance on earth to right her wrongs and find her destiny. Will she accept or fade into oblivion? This is finished so I will be posting 2 chapters a night.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 13554 Read: 14382 Published: 09/23/2009 Updated: 12/05/2009

1. Heaven or Hell? by Jake

2. Demons with information by Jake

3. Revealing revelations by Jake

4. Know it all Demons by Jake

5. Gambler's Anonymous by Jake

6. Do you? by Jake

7. Whistler Interuptus by Jake

8. Have a little...Faith? by Jake

9. Buffy's Choice by Jake

10. Welcome to Hell by Jake

11. The World of Baith by Jake

12. Deal Me In by Jake

Heaven or Hell? by Jake
Author's Notes:
This is finished and will be posted 2 chapters every night.
“Heart rate’s dropping!”

“We’re gonna lose her!” Doctors and nurses scurried around the badly beaten body as they fought to keep the patient from flat-lining in front of them.

Buffy Anne Summers, age 29, hovered over her body as the doctors and nurses worked frantically to keep her heart beating while they tended to her other more serious injuries, such as the piece of glass currently sticking out of her thigh.

“C’mon, you idiots! It’s not that fucking hard to make someone’s heart beat! Get the damn piece of glass out of my leg! You can’t leave it there! Make me live again! No! What the hell are you doing…sheet stays down!” Buffy grumbled from her place hovering over her sheet-covered body.

“Disturbing, isn’t it?”

Buffy nearly toppled out of the air as she registered the scrawny man beside her. Dressed in an odd suit and fedora he was not how she expected an angel to look, whatsoever.

“A-are you an angel?” Dumb question, yes, but she felt the need to ask anyway. It wasn’t like she’d killed anyone so it was unlikely she would be heading down below to Hell. A little lying and cheating on taxes never hurt anyone, did it?

The little man laughed. “Heavens no, child. My name’s Whistler and I’m more of a demon than anything but that’s not the point. Look, I’ve been sent to watch over you and guide you a bit. The big guy upstairs doesn’t really want you up there right now…”

“I’m going to hell, aren’t I?” She spared a glance to her body and the doctors practically dancing on her chest trying to start her heart back up. “Is it because I fired Willow?”

“Well…that’s not entirely it but the big guy wants to give you a second chance. A chance to make things right…you kind of fell off the bandwagon and he wants you to fulfill your destiny. A lot of lives rest on your decision right now and if you choose to well…not live then…it wouldn’t be good. He’s giving you the chance to fix some of your mistakes. ” The little sort-of demon waited for her response a moment before giving her a good poke in the side when she didn’t answer.

“I-I have a choice whether to live or die then?” She waited rather impatiently for the little demon to answer as she tapped her designer heel on the air.

“Technically…yes. Right now your body is in stasis which is why they can’t figure out why you’re technically registering as being alive but your heart rate won’t rise any further. I can make you live again or we can float on out of here. It’s really your choice though but…I think you should do it. That’s just me though. Make your own decision. No hurry, really, your heart should keep beating on its own for the next…” Whistler checked his watch unhurriedly, “Twenty minutes or so.”

“Well, do it already. Make me live!” Buffy gestured to her nearly nude body on the table as the demon glanced between her and the many doctors surrounding the body. “I don’t want to die!”

“Are you sure? Once we do this there’s no going back. No blaming me for having to change and just as a warning if you don’t, you’ll be on the path to hell and your destiny will never be fulfilled. I’ve been sent to help you find your way Ms. Summers and I fully intend to keep my end of the bargain. Are you?” He tipped his fedora back slightly as he watched the recognition flicker in her hazel eyes.

“I don’t want to go to hell so yes I’ll agree to whatever terms you and the ‘big guy’ came up with. Just do it already!” She glared at the floppy haired demon as his bright blue eyes shimmered slightly and before she knew it she was back in her body as the anesthesia kicked in and she was out.

16 hours later

Buffy awoke to bright lights as a fresh-faced young man hovered over her, poking her arm regularly as he checked the various machines surrounding her. Finding herself unable to speak, she settled for glaring at the young man and briefly wondered if he was even old enough to shave, let alone drive a car.

“Oh! Miss Summers, you’re awake! I’ll just go get Dr. Stevenson and he can explain everything to you.” The blonde boy bounced his way out of the room and was soon replaced with the doctor she recognized as the one shouting orders earlier while she had talked to her little demon.

Speaking of little demon, where is he?

Her musing was interrupted by the little demon’s presence next to her on the bed. He was dressed to the nine’s in his designer suit but with his tattered fedora still adorning his little head.

“You called Princess?” Whistler leaned back onto her pillows as he waited.

“Don’t call me that. It’s Buffy, Elizabeth or Ms. Summers. Understand?” She practically growled at him.

Unfazed, he glared right back at her. “That’s the precise attitude that landed you in between heaven and hell. You don’t care about how you come across to everyone else. It only matters what precious Buffy wants, what Buffy needs. That’s the exact thinking that made poor William leave your sorry ass.” When he noticed tears flicker across her eyes, he paused. “Truth hurts, don’t it? See I know you aren’t the heartless bitch your employees think you are. William leaving you hurt and it hurt bad which is why you act invincible. How many people showed up after your car accident?” He paused again. “One. Your mother. Sweet loving Joyce could never accept that you were simply ignoring her phone calls so she kept calling every week hoping to talk to you. She called everyday for the past three years and you told your secretary to tell her you were out of the office. Face it Buffy, there’s no one left for you and if you keep up this attitude…you’re going straight to hell princess.”
Demons with information by Jake
“What the hell do you mean ‘it’s my attitude’? What about the rest of the world?” Buffy sputtered as she tried to ignore the pain in her leg and head. Damn car and damn drunk driver while I’m at it. Idiot should be here instead of me. He deserves it! She slowly reached a hand up to touch the bruised area around the stitches near her hairline. Her hand came away with a slight shimmer of blood but it was to be expected with as much blood had seeped out into her Mercedes when it collapsed around her.

“Right there! You’re blaming a driver, who wasn’t drunk if I might add, on the fact that you weren’t paying attention to the road. You swerved into his lane and it happened that his truck was bigger than your little box on wheels. You really should learn to drive without rearranging your schedule on your little phone box.” Whistler sighed at her indignant expression. “Accept some responsibility girl so I can get back up there and away from people like you.” He paused momentarily as she stewed over his words. “Now, your mother is sitting out in that waiting room all alone…”

“Why the hell is she even here? I don’t want her here and I certainly don’t need her here.” She glared at the petite demon and yet again he shrugged her off. The little blonde fireball was nothing compared to some of the demons he’d met in hell. Now those boys could give her a lesson in intimidation. Whistler shuddered at the thought of his last losing poker hand to one of the hell demons. Evisceration certainly didn’t sound like a walk in the park but dealing with the little princess wasn’t much better.

“Accept it, little lady. Your mama loves you,” He paused before mumbling, “Though I can’t seem to see why. Nice lady like her shouldn’t have spawned a little hell demon like you.”

“I heard that.” He grinned as her ineffective gaze hitting him once more as she shuffled on the reclining hospital bed trying to evade the beeping machines surrounding her.

“Didn’t mean for you not to, Princess.” He watched as she snorted once more before accepting the nickname. “First off, you will let your mother fawn over you until she very well gets sick of you. Shouldn’t take very long at all considering you’ve managed to scare off six secretaries in the past 2 months. Secondly, you will hire Willow back on as your secretary. She’ll do a lot more good than any others you might think to hire and then destroy. Let’s face it sweetie, there aren’t many more people in this city that will put up with you for very long.”

She groaned at the thought of actually having to tell an employee that she was wrong to fire them in the first place. After all, the only thing the girl had done was not add enough sugar to her morning coffee. Perhaps she had been a bit hard on the younger redhead. “Fine, I’ll do both but I won’t be happy about it.”

“Never asked you to be, all that matters is that they are happy and you finally understand what it means to be actually civil and live in this world instead of trying to control it. The third thing the big man wants…you probably won’t like this but there is another person out there waiting to see if you’re dead yet.”

“Let me guess- Dawn?” She gave a minor yawn at the thought of her boisterous 16 year old sister. All brunette hair, shining blue eyes and frankly, a pain in the ass described her little sister perfectly, at least to Buffy.

“Dear Lord no! Dawn gave up on you when you forgot her 16th birthday. According to her diary, she has no sister and she’s alright with that… although she does miss you giving her advice on clothes- silly girl.” Whistler shook his head and readjusted his fedora while contemplating exactly how much damage a human girl recovering from a car accident could inflict on a harmless half-demon.

“So who is it? Who’s my mystery visitor? Angel? Parker? Let me guess…Riley?” She crossed her arms in front of her, mindful of the I.V in her left hand.

“My, my you do get around but no, it’s not any of your one night stands. Think a bit further back than that my dear.” Whistler chuckled.

“Why don’t you just tell me who’s out there?”

“Because this is so much more fun. Aren’t you having fun, princess?” He giggled at her glare this time. Little girl had no idea who she was dealing with. She wasn’t even a two on the scale of Big Bads.

“Fine, is it Giles?” She wracked her bruised brain thinking of people who might actually want to see her.

“Certainly not. He might leave you in charge of the company but he would never waste his time rushing down to see if you lived or died.” Whistler watched as her face fell and regretted telling her a blatant lie. Of course the old man would have been at her bedside had he known. He loved the little spawn like she was his own daughter.

“I don’t fucking know who it is!”

The room was silent for a moment as the patient realized the door to her room was open and three people stood in the doorway.

“Buffy! Oh my God Buffy don’t ever do that to me again!” Joyce Summers rushed over and hugged her squirming daughter.

“M-mom can’t breathe.” She gently pushed her mother away but held her hand as Whistler glared at her and linked his own hands together.

“I thought I’d lost you for good this time. The doctor said your heart stopped twice and they didn’t know if you were going to come back to me.” Joyce was nearly crushing her hand but Buffy held on even tighter under Whistler’s watchful glare.

At the sound of a throat being cleared, Buffy looked up to find a tall, gray-haired man who she recognized as being one of the surgeons in the operating room. As she focused on the kind-hearted doctor, she almost missed the flash of brunette hair and the soft, almost forced voice.

“Hello cutie.”
Revealing revelations by Jake
The room was silent for split second before it seemed that everyone started talking at once, leaving Buffy in the lurch as she clung to her mother, ignored her doctor and stared at her old lover.

The only one in the room that didn’t seem fazed at all was the tiny demon invisible to all but one in the room. He took the opportunity to study the ice queen when she wasn’t yelling or insulting someone. Really, she was quite beautiful and he could see what must have attracted men to her ‘cause it sure as hell wasn’t her personality. With her long blonde hair and wide hazel eyes she almost seemed innocent, which was, until she opened her trap and squashed that happy thought like a bug on a windshield.

“I, uh, just thought I should…don’t know why I bothered to come down here at all. Not like you really wanted me here in the firs’ place…I’ll jus’ go then. Glad you’re still alive ‘n kickin’ luv.” William ‘Spike’ Pratt turned on his heel to leave after one long last look at the woman who’d broken his heart years ago.

“Spike…wait…I…thank you for coming but it really wasn’t necessary. Obviously…” Buffy stopped herself at the blank looks coming from the demon and her former flame. “What I meant was thank you for coming. I really do appreciate it. It means a lot to me that you cared enough to wait with my mom. ”

“’S not a problem pet. Jus’ wanted to make sure you were alright. You know I like Joyce, always have.” Spike ran a hand through his short brunette locks before walking out the door and back out of her life.

It took a moment before she realized that the doctor talking to her and about her as her mother squeezed her hand and brought her back to the present.

“…should have a full recovery although there is a slight chance that physical therapy will not be enough and another operation might be necessary for full use of that leg. I have every hope that you should be fine Ms. Summers. You have an excellent support in your mother as she has accepted responsibility for you until you’ve recovered enough to live on your own again. Don’t want you straining yourself on that leg until it’s fully healed. Not to mention you’ve got a couple of broken ribs in there as well. With her help and a bit of luck, you should be able to move around just fine in six months or so.” Dr. Stevenson looked rather pleased with himself as he grinned at his frowning patient.

“Six months? You want my mother to live with me for six fucking months?” The words were out of her mouth before she could stop herself and she heard her mother’s short ragged breath before her eyes snapped to the older woman.

“Is it really that bad? Am I really that bad that you have to tell your secretaries to lie for you so you don’t have to speak with me? What did I do to deserve this Buffy?” Joyce pulled her hand away from her daughters as she realized why she had been talking to strangers for the past three years instead of her own child. “Why do you hate me so much? Was I that bad of a mother to you?”

“N…no mom. Don’t do that…it wasn’t your fault…I-I just…I don’t know. Look, I’ve just been independent for so long and now…I’m not. It’ll just take some time but I’d really like if you could be the one to help me out.” She bit her lip as her attention wandered from her beaming mother to the little demon nodding his head in approval in her direction. She shook her head lightly when he wrapped his arms around himself and nodded towards Joyce. Whistler scrunched up his face in the direction of the Ice Queen herself and wrapped his arms even tighter around himself before pointing down with a single index finger.

Buffy wrapped her arms as tight around Joyce as the pain and I.V lines would allow. She sighed gratefully when the adorned demon grinned at her and she was able to settle back amongst the pillows.

“I’m glad we’re all in agreement. I’d hate to see my favorite little patient unable to heal properly because of familial strife.” The doctor grinned again, ignoring the penetrating gaze of his patient and quite happy she was literally stuck in the bed unless someone helped her out. With a parting smile, he walked out of the room but not before promising that one of the nurses would be in shortly and visiting hours were nearly over.

“So…I’ll see you tomorrow I guess.”

“I’ll be here sweetie. I’m not going to let you down this time, you’ll see.” Joyce leaned down to kiss her daughter’s forehead, carefully avoiding the dried blood and stitches and effectively cutting off any protests from the girl. With a smile she left the room.

“Alright, so how did I do? Am I heaven bound yet?”

“You did alright princess but I’ve still got a couple of issues with you.” Whistler waited for her protests to die down before continuing, “Why did you let that perfectly nice man walk right back out of your life again?”

“What was I supposed to do- ask him to fuck my brains out with my mother, you and the nice doctor in the room?” Buffy asked exasperatedly.

“Girlie if you would get it through your head that not everything is about how much pleasure you can get from someone but rather what you can do for them maybe you might have a lasting relationship with something other than your vibrator.” Whistler cocked a brow in her direction. “What I meant was why didn’t you tell that boy you wanted him to stay so you two could have a meaningful conversation that really should have happened years ago. You broke his heart because you were too focused on what Buffy wanted instead of listening to him and talking out those damn fears of yours.”

“Because…because I was scared, alright?”
Know it all Demons by Jake
“Did I just hear you right? The Great Buffy Summers is scared? The invincible one who need just be this enigma on the face of the planet, so great she can quell the deepest seas and tame even the devil, himself?” Whistler looked rather pleased with himself as he reappeared in the chair Joyce had previously occupied. He watched over his young charge and nearly giggled in delight at her savage expression. Her eyes positively glowed when she was angry.

“Did anyone ever tell you that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit?” She growled at the chuckling demon, “It’s not very attractive… at all.”

“As a matter of fact I have heard that. Old Lucifer himself was telling me that just the other week. Of course I didn’t take it to heart considering he is the prince of lies after all but since the magnificent Buffy has deemed it, I shall have no other choice but to reconsider my faults.” He bowed down from his chair until his head was level with the bottom of the bed. Her growling only seemed to escalate as he did so and he quickly figured that it might not be a good idea to mess with the girl saving him from an eternity of damnation at the hands of one of Luci’s bodyguards. No thank you! He liked all of his parts where they were and he certainly liked his ribcage within his chest instead of being used as a hat. He had no doubts that the three hundred pound demon would make good on his word and rip him into pieces. How was he supposed to know he only held a two of spades while the other demon held an ace?

Her head hit the top pillow and she winced, “So you know my big secret. I’m terrified of William, not William but what he might do if he sees the real me. The person that can’t keep a man for the life of her. Hell, even my dad walked out and never looked back.”

“So it means nothing that he was ready to propose and marry you?” Whistler paused, adjusting his fedora, “That boy was ready to give you everything he had and you kicked his scrawny ass to the curb without even giving him a reason. Princess, you had your secretary break up with him for you. Sensing a problem there?”

“Maybe hell would have been a better alternative than you giving me a skewed play-by-play of my life. First off, I sent him a text telling him it was over…he just kept…calling. Secondly, that hat doesn’t go with those shoes.” She pointed at his brown fedora and scuffed black sneakers. “Really, it doesn’t go with anything at all. What are you hiding under that hat anyway…horns?”

The little demon clamped a hat on the top of his hat to keep her prying hands away from his head, “None of your damn business. Besides this isn’t about me, well not really anyway, it’s about you and how we’re going to fix you until you’re a decent human being…again. You must have been such a sweet kid at one point…what happened?” He swatted an errant hand away again, “how many employees have you fired over the past year?”

Without missing a beat, she answered,” Seventy-four.”

He blinked. “How many of those actually deserved to be fired?”

“Starting with Parker Abrams…twelve. The little cretin deserved it after he screwed my secretary. She was the eleventh.” Buffy paused for a moment, wrinkling her brow, “that does seem a bit excessive. I couldn’t even tell you what the others did or what department they worked in.” She groaned, “I really am going to hell, aren’t I?”

“Well, that depends on you. Big guy upstairs thinks you can be redeemed since you haven’t quite killed anyone or broken any of the really big sins…yet. You’re just sort of teetering on the fence line. Look the nurses will be here in a couple of minutes so why don’t you get some sleep and I’m going to pop off upstairs for a bit. See you in the morning princess and do try to not yell at anyone tonight- remember they’re just doing their jobs.” With a wriggle of his nose he was gone and Buffy was left to her own defenses as she settled against the pillows and willed the pain to stop.

8 hours later

Buffy awoke to the rustling of items as her mother tugged in a cart filled to the brim with vases of flowers.

“Oh goody, you’re awake. Dawn, go get the bear for your sister.” Joyce pointed the tall brunette back out of the room to fetch a large teddy bear with the words ‘get well’ printed on a sash adorning its chest.

The teen glared at her older sister and dumped the bear onto the bed beside her, “So you didn’t die…congrats, I guess.”

Buffy started, “Dawnie…”

“Don’t Dawnie me, you weren’t there and I wouldn’t have cared if you did die. You don’t even care about this family.” Dawn turned her head away from the older girl and slouched in the chair furthest from her.

Joyce saw the pain flash over Buffy’s face for a moment before taking the seat next to her and patting her hand. “She’ll get over it honey. She’s just a little upset that you never called her back after she made the honor roll…”

“She made the honor roll? I didn’t know. No one ever told me.” She turned her head sharply when she felt the presence of the tiny demon beside her. He tilted his head slightly as if to ask, ‘did you really expect anything more?’ “God, I’m sorry Dawn but I promise we’ll do something to celebrate as soon as I get out of here.”

The younger girl didn’t respond but Whistler could see a small smile tug on her lips as she registered the sincerity behind the blonde’s words.

”Yeah, I guess that would be cool. I mean if we totally didn’t tell anyone we were sisters or anything.” Dawn paused, “maybe we could go to the fair? I mean if you’re feeling up to it. But if you have other things to do…we don’t have to…”

“Dawnie, I want to go to the fair with you. Tell you what, when my secretary brings in my appointment book we’ll set aside an entire weekend for just the two of us, ‘kay?”

Dawn nearly glowed with her sister’s proclamation and Whistler had the fleeting thought that under the Ice Queen exterior Buffy Summers might actually possess a beating, feeling heart.
Gambler's Anonymous by Jake
Dawn Summers stalked down the halls of the hospital as she fought to keep from screaming. Her sister, the same sister who’d all but disappeared from the family, was now back in her mother’s good graces and taking up all of her time. She muttered under her breath and prowled the halls until she came into full contact with a solid chest…and water.

“Whoa there nibblet! You’re walking ‘round like the devil’s on your tail.” William grinned down at her but she could only glare back at him.

“Funny, the devil. Ha-ha. No, it’s just the devil’s mistress- Buffy.” Dawn huffed, “what’s so special about her anyway? Unless you want to count the horns and tail, I’m pretty sure she has them or at least sold her soul to the devil. Can you actually do that? Cause she totally did. No one can be that big of a bitch without some underworld help.”

He sighed and directed her towards a nearly empty waiting room.

“Mom acts like she’s the second coming or something. First off, Buffy didn’t want anything to do with her but now…she’s just perfect…again. I just don’t get it. Buffy ignores her and mom just won’t let it go. Do you know what she talks about all day? It’s always Buffy this and Buffy that. When Buffy got promoted, mom found out from Xander of all people ‘cause he works in the mail room. Buffy didn’t even call to tell mom about it. She doesn’t ever call anymore, not even at Christmas. ” She slouched in her chair, unwilling to look at another supporter of the ‘We love Buffy’ club and Spike could be considered their president, right under her mother that is. I wonder if they have stickers or shirts or something.

“Big sis’ been through a lot pet, car crashin’ into her ‘n all. She’s bloody well lucky to be alive after that. Not sure if yer mum told you but the docs’s weren’t sure if she would even survive the first surgery, let alone have any brain function…” Spike paused and glanced over at the young girl. Judging by the newly formed tears in her eyes she hadn’t known her sister was much closer to being lowered into the ground than she had realized. “Know she hasn’t the best sister ‘n all but don’t close her off jus’ yet.”

Dawn’s eyes sparked a bit under the tears, “She did say that she would take off a weekend and go to the fair with me. I miss doing things like that with her. I miss her period. We used to do that a lot before she started working so much and became an uber bitch. Speaking of bitch, why are you even here? Didn’t she like break up with you?” Her head tilted to get a better look at him.

It surprised him, even then, that she would dare to ask the question so many others hadn’t bothered with. True, he had seen the changes in his longtime girlfriend but hadn’t paid any heed because he was blinded by his love for her and the girl she’d once been.

Sunnydale High School, 1998

Buffy Summers threw yet another paper wad at the back of Andrew Well’s head, narrowly avoiding detection by the teacher, Ms. Calendar. Her giggles growing in volume when he swatted the back of his head in search of the mysterious flying object. The girls around her only laughed as Harmony handed the petite blonde another paper ball to aim at Jonathon, school geek extraordinaire.

As she rounded for the hit, the classroom door opened to reveal a bleached blonde punk in black leather with a sour scowl across his handsome features.

“Mr. Pratt, you saw fit to deign us with your presence. Take a seat.” Jenny Calendar turned back to the board but not before calling out, “Drop the paper, Summers or you’ll be spending detention with your boyfriend.”

The blonde’s glanced hesitantly at each other before he slouched into the open seat next to her. Buffy grinned at him before letting the paper in her hand fly at the back of Jonathon’s head.

Spike frowned but said nothing, instead preferring to ignore her latest actions as they hadn’t hurt anyone…well, really hurt them.

Present time, Sunnydale General Hospital

He tilted his head back at the youngest Summers sister, “Don’t know what to say but I loved her. Despite her faults I loved her ‘n I know she loved me…at least for a little while. Guess I never stopped carin’ bout her.”

“How do you feel about her now? Really feel about her.”

He blinked.

Back in Buffy’s room

“…and then I figured we could pick up some of your stuff from the apartment, just a few things to tide you over until you’re up and running again…” Joyce rambled on as she adjusted her daughter’s pillows, fluffing each one until it was puffed to perfection. “Mr. Giles called and said he would be back in town tomorrow. He said he was sorry to hear about the accident and that he’ll be here in the morning to see how you’re doing. He and Olivia expressed their well wishes and hope for a speedy recovery…”

Buffy sighed as she realized her mother wasn’t going to stop talking anytime soon and with Whistler glaring at her she had no choice but to listen like the dutiful daughter she…wasn’t.

“Mom, look I appreciate what you’re doing but can we just forget it?” Ignoring the shocked expression on Joyce’s face, she continued, “I’ll be just fine on my own and you can get on with your life. I’m sure things aren’t being handled like you want at the gallery so I’ll just go back to my apartment and you can go back to your life. I’ll see you at Christmas.”

Whistler’s head dropped to his chest in defeat at the reemergence of the Bitch. Hell, she’s going straight to Hell and she’s going to drag me back there with her. Why couldn’t I have gone to Gambler’s Anonymous sooner?

“Elizabeth Anne Summers!” Joyce looked mildly pleased at herself for catching her daughter’s attention. Two could play at this game and she was determined to win. “You will move back into the house at least until you’re able to walk again…without assistance and can prove to me that you can function by yourself. You will give me the chance to be the mother I never was to you…don’t interrupt.” Joyce glared at her. “Obviously something went wrong or I wouldn’t hear from you only on holidays and only for less than five minutes at a time. I don’t know what went wrong but we will fix this family if it means we end up in therapy.”
Do you? by Jake
He tilted his head back at the youngest Summers sister, “Don’t know what to say but I loved her. Despite her faults I loved her ‘n I know she loved me…at least for a little while. Guess I never stopped carin’ bout her.”

“How do you feel about her now? Really feel about her.”

He blinked.

It took a full three minutes before he could answer the leggy brunette, at least according to the clock on the wall opposite him. In that time he’d managed to set down the flowers that had been in his arms when the girl ran into him. Touching the still perfect petals to reassure him they were fine minus a bit of water he ticked off mindless seconds thinking of a plausible answer. Sure, he still cared about her. He’d been in love with her since sophomore year of high school and up until two years ago he had been set to spend the rest of his life with her. Was he actually in love with her or still under her thrall, the illusion of the girl he had once known?

The seconds ticked by as he continued to stare in front of him.

“I love her.” Three words and he knew he was a man walking to his own hanging as soon as they had left his mouth. The feelings he had spent so long covering and drinking away were back with a vengeance as he pictured his golden girl, her vicious tongue only adding to her beauty.

“You actually still love her? Even after she text you, and I quote ‘Been fun, we’re done.’. She didn’t even give you a reason for breaking it off, did she?” Dawn watched him incredulously; amazed that he could still claim to love the ice bitch that’d broken his heart without further explanation.

“Can’t explain it, bit. Was set to spend the rest ‘f my life with ‘er and I guess that hasn’t really changed much. I couldn’t move on after your sis. Tried ‘n failed miserably, even dated Harmony for a bit ‘n that was a bloody disaster. ‘m sure she doesn’t feel the same way but…”

Dawn bit her lip before blurting out, “She does.”

“What?”

“I maybe sort of read her appointment book the last time she was at the house and she had written in there to call you, there was a heart next to it.” She cringed as she waited for his response. “I was trying to find some time that we could spend together…sister stuff but she’s booked through the decade.”

“Wasn’t me pet. Probably has another William on the side now or…” He fought back the jealousy rising as he thought of any other man even thinking about touching her. It was bad enough that he had to hear about her seeing other men from Xander every Friday night when they played pool but he couldn’t imagine actually seeing her with one of the ponces.

“It wasn’t William; it was Spike. I don’t know about you but there aren’t very many Spike’s in Sunnydale.” It was time to tell the truth, or at least as close to the truth as possible. Truth of the matter was the note had been taped into the back of the book. She had only found it while looking for something on her sister that she could use later as blackmail. Turns out the only thing she had on her was that she dyed her hair and penciled in dates.

“Doesn’t mean anything nibblet,” Spike stood and stretched before picking up the vase of pink roses and extended his hand towards the girl.

Buffy’s room

“Can I speak now?” Buffy watched her mother wearily as she waited for another attack. When it didn’t come she continued, “I don’t want to be a burden on anyone…”

“You aren’t a burden to me sweetheart. If anything, I’m a burden to you with all the calls and…”

“I really did mean to call you back…well, no I didn’t but I thought it would be better like that. After what I said that day…I just figured it would be easier if we didn’t talk anymore.” She shrugged as she watched her mother struggle for control over her emotions. Glancing around the room she saw that Whistler had managed to tuck most of his body into the chair as he glared at her while making slashing motions at his throat and pointing downwards. She shrugged apologetically at him.

“Buffy, there is nothing you could say or do to make me stop loving you. Yes, it hurt but what I said to you was even worse. When I said I wanted you gone, it was the scotch talking. I never wanted you out of my life, I could never want that. You and Dawn are my everything, my reason. Can I…can I hug you?” Joyce watched her daughter carefully before approaching the bed and hugging the young woman as tight as she could without hurting her.

A knock at the door interrupted them.

“I, uh, brought you flowers, uh, guess you don’t really need them.” Spike glanced around the flower filled room, guessing that Joyce must have supplied most of them. “Anyway…” He carefully handed off the roses to Joyce, who was waiting patiently for them and for her daughter to acknowledge the man.

Joyce gave the girl a pointed glare.

“Hello William.” Nice, Summers. He brings you flowers and all you can manage is a cold hello. No wonder you’re going straight to hell…I wonder if they have marshmallows down there…right, William.

He gave her a curt nod, “Buffy.”

“So isn’t this a kawinky-dink. You two…in the same room…with a bed…”

“DAWN!” Three heads spun in her direction.

Dawn shrugged them off, “I’m just saying, Buffy’s room was right next to mine and Janice’s older sister, Cameron, told her that they were always up at Lover’s Lane with the windows steamed up. Plus she said that the car was rocking…”

“It is so none of your business what we did or did not do in high school. We aren’t like that anymore. We’ve matured…moved on.” Buffy was unable to meet his eyes as she spoke what seemed to be well rehearsed lines. And the Oscar goes to…

The hurt was evident in his eyes as he spared a glance towards her, “Big sis is right, we’ve moved on. I should be going. Wish you well lu-Buffy. Joyce, Dawn take care.” He went to leave when a solitary voice caught him at the door.

“William.”

The murmurs coming from the room told him he should make a run for it but was soon stopped by Joyce’s hand on his shoulder. “She wants to talk with you…privately. Don’t let her get away so easily this time. If you love her, fight for her.”
Whistler Interuptus by Jake
Author's Notes:
Yes, I am evil. I own it.
Sunnydale General Hospital, Elevator 4- Somewhere between floors 5 and 4

“I’ve got a secret, I’ve got a secret,” Dawn bounced around gleefully, ignoring the irritated glances Joyce kept shooting at her as they waited for the elevator. The plan had been to find the cafeteria and then bring the food back up to Buffy’s room but at this point Joyce was more concerned with adopting her youngest out to the first reasonably decent couple. The bouncing and singing had been tolerable for the first few minutes.

“Dawn! Enough already. Either tell me what the secret is or I’m leaving you here with your sister for the night.” That seemed to do the trick. It appeared her youngest was still slightly intimidated with the prospect of being alone with the cold presence of her sister. Truth be told, Joyce had had to get out of there herself.

“Spike still loves Buffy.” The teen grinned.

Her mother did not.

“That was your secret?” Joyce paused, “Sweetheart, I think everyone but your sister knows that detail.”

“B-but…I have a secret.” Dawn pouted. “He’s still totally over the moon for the ice bitch...”

“Don’t use that word.” She didn’t bother defending her eldest. “Buffy will come around in her own time. She’s been through quite an ordeal and it will take her time to recover from it. The best we can do right now is support her and let her know that we’re there and if she just so happens to gain a boyfriend from it…so be it.” And if that boyfriend just so happens to like coming over for hot chocolate and conversation, so be it. And if that boyfriend just so happens to bring my daughter along with him so we can actually talk…I should buy Dawn that puppy she’s wanted for awhile.


Back inside Buffy’s room

“Your mum said you wanted to talk,” Spike stood in the doorway, unable to meet her eyes as he shifted back and forth on his feet. His fists bunching with every tap of his right toe. The pale pink walls screamed at him to make the first move…or run, running seemed like a great option at the moment. The television set mounted on the wall was blank and he could see her reflection in it no matter where else he seemed to look in the room. From her room he could see City Hall and Sunnydale University as well as the park they’d made love in after hours, the park bench specifically. Every sound in the room echoed around as it bounced off the cold, unforgiving white tile. The beeping machines monitoring his love’s body responses confirmed she was still with him, in front of him and still watching him.

“Yeah I, uh, do you want to sit or something?” She motioned weakly towards the chairs surrounding the bed as her hand nervously tapped out an unknown message in Morse code. The I.V jiggled slightly within the vein as drugs were pumped continuously through her system, making the pain bearable if not completely obsolete. The doctor had warned that the stitches in her leg wouldn’t hold through strenuous activity, let alone walking around the room so she was confined to the bed. Quite literally a hostage in the building as the various wires strung about held her captive.

He stood for a moment more before fiddling with his jacket and finally agreeing to a seat next to her. They were as close as they had been in two years. Less than a foot separated them yet it seemed like an eternity. He glanced around the room at anything and everything while his fingers toyed with the buttons on his royal blue dress shirt. It was one she had bought for him and thus, his favorite from that moment on. His designer shoes drummed against the tile. They were yet another reminder that he had changed his look for her. When she had been hired with Giles Incorporated, he’d wanted to do everything in his power to keep her and being dressed to the nines had been the compromise. Everything was about appearances so his bleached hair and black t-shirts hadn’t made the cut yet he’d changed with a smile on his face and a song in his heart if it meant she’d stay with him and continue to let him love her.

“I like the shirt, it, uh, really brings out your eyes.” Buffy groaned internally. She had recognized the shirt intimately when he had stepped into the room. Although her memory was a little fuzzy as she’d remembered usually being the one wearing it…and nothing else around their apartment, her apartment now.

He blinked at her.

Surely she remembered waltzing around their place in it, blonde hair bouncing around her shoulders when she…, “you, uh, you bought it for me love. Are we actually going to do the talking thing or should I just let the door hit me on my way out?” His patience was wearing thin at the moment. Sitting in her presence was almost too much for him and the fact that he couldn’t touch her…wait! Was that her hand on his…it was most definitely her little hand on his own. The warm flesh cupping his own slightly chilled hand as her fingers idly traced circles along the back of it as he watched.

“Luv?”

“Sorry, I ,uh…just sorry.” Her hand went to leave his but he quickly entwined their fingers to stop her.

“I don’t mind but what is this? You can’t deny the chemistry between us, Buffy. It roars and burns…”

“Until we burn out again…I don’t know what this William but I…I want us to try again. I mean, only if you want to and obviously this could be the drugs talking but…” She didn’t have time to pull away or protest before his lips were descending on hers. His free hand cupped her cheek gently, avoiding the bruises, and caressed the skin lightly with his thumb.

“I love you.”

Buffy looked over at Whistler, who’d appeared in the middle of the kiss and was looking quite pleased with himself. He nodded and waved his hands in her direction, urging her on. Maybe there was a chance in hell for her after all.

“I…”
Have a little...Faith? by Jake
Author's Notes:
Took part of the weekend off from posting. Have no fear! This will NOT be the norm, it was just certain circumstances kept me from posting. The chapers that should have been posted on Friday, Saturday and now will be posted on Monday/ Tueday, probably 3 chapters both days. Thank you for your understanding.
“I don’t see why we had to hop on the first flight back to the States, Ripper. You heard from her mother, Ms. Summers is doing well and in recovery. It’s not like she is in any danger of, well any risk of dying. Joyce said that she was recovering nicely and the doctors predicted a full recovery. She could have waited until we were finished with our vacation.” Olivia Giles linked her fingers with her husband, Rupert, as the flight attendant passed them. “We barely had a week back home this time.”

Rupert ‘Ripper’ Giles expelled a long breath as he tried to channel the words that wouldn’t get him in trouble but would explain the severity of the situation to his wife. “Buffy is…she’s like a daughter to me. I care about the girl; she has a lot of…potential and passion.” He fidgeted in his seat slightly, trying to adjust his tall frame in the small reclining seat.

“I know. That’s why I didn’t fight you on going back but you cannot be the girl’s father, she has one already.” She waited for the explosion that was sure to come. Her husband may be considered a lot of things but he never deserted his family or friends. Loyal like a Golden Retriever. That girl could have a paper cut and he’d still want to destroy the paper that caused it.

“A bloody wanker is what she has. Bastard walked out on the girls and Joyce.” Giles pumped his fist once in anticipation of getting his hands on his once close friend and pummeling the man into the ground for leaving his children and wife in pursuit of his secretary. “He took off to Spain while the girls and Joyce were left to fend for themselves. You saw how that destroyed Buffy, not to mention how it affected her relationship with Joyce and William. She cut herself off from them to protect herself. Hank is a right bastard for the damage he caused that girl alone. Who knows what damage he would have caused Dawn had she been a bit older when he left.”

Olivia waited a moment, “and you’ve taken it upon yourself to guide the girl. You’ve done well with her Ripper. A little anti-social and power-driven but you did well with her.” She smiled at the people sitting across the aisle from them. She silently begged them not to say anything about their raised voices, as Giles concentrated on his next statement.

Before he could answer, the perky blonde flight attendant was hovering over them, “Drinks?”

Giles waved the girl off but not before he noticed the similarities between the woman and his pseudo-daughter. She couldn’t have been a year over thirty and with her honey blonde hair and petite frame, the resemblance was clear. “Buffy’s a good girl, albeit a bit confused at times but a good girl nonetheless. Joyce informed me that young William has been at the hospital since he learned of the accident…”

Olivia sipped at her tea as she waited for his opinion on the young man courting his ‘little girl’. Children had never been in the cards for them so when the young Summers girls came looking for a father figure, Rupert Giles seemed an apt fit. He’d made room for the eldest Summers girl when she had graduated with Honors from Sunnydale University and she had quickly progressed through the ranks to his right hand.

“He would be a good match for her.” He grinned at the thought of the two blondes together. “Did I ever tell you that he used to come by the office at least once a day to either bring her lunch or escort her home? Good boy. Proper English breeding as well, she would be hard-pressed to find another man like him.” Giles nodded his approval as he sipped at his own tea, oblivious to his wife’s knowing glances.

“Does Buffy have a say in this or will you just be handing her off to him in marriage?” She paused at his frown, “she did, after all, have relations with Parker Abrams for quite awhile…” She didn’t have a chance to finish her sentence when Giles growled.

“He’s a right git for the way he treated her. Should’ve let her fire him earlier than what she did. Boy cost me more in sexual harassment than he managed to bring into the company.” He snorted. “Did I tell you that he was bragging the next day that he’d managed to…” Unable to say the words in relation to his pseudo-daughter, he chose to wave his hand instead, “with Buffy?”

Olivia snorted softly, “Heaven forbid.”

“What was that, dear?” He ran a hand through his lightly graying brown hair as he waited for a response. Receiving none, he continued, “Buffy deserves a good man in her life and I think William would be a good fit. They were after all together in school. Prom king and Queen, they were. Very good fit, I should think.”

Olivia stared at the seat back in front of her as her husband listed off the reasons why the young couple should be together…yet again.

Sunnydale General Hospital

“Look, my friend is in there so if you don’t want your face rearranged for free, you will let me in.” Faith Lehane glared at the young man behind the desk. The dark-haired beauty smirked as he trembled and told the way to patient Summers, E. As she sauntered away, the young nurse visibly shook in his seat until she was out of sight. Andrew Wells was now completely certain that he had chosen wisely when he’d given up finding a woman to call his own, instead preferring his boyfriend, Xander.

It took her less than five minutes to make it up to the room and less than that to break up the scene inside. She didn’t bother knocking, instead preferring the element of surprise should the petite fireball choose to deny her entry. They hadn’t exactly left off in the best position…with the young blonde leaving the bed in disgust.

“Yo, B…whoa! Did I just break up something?” Faith paused at the sight of the two blonde’s linked hands.
End Notes:
Ok, yes this does reference a brief relationship between Buffy and Faith. No, it will not go into detail except one itty bitty flashback in a later chapter. If you have a problem with it, I suggest you A) skip over it or B) stop reading now. But it will not be detailed at all and does have significance to the plot.
Buffy's Choice by Jake
Buffy snapped to attention when she heard the other girl’s husky voice float through the room. Her hands sprung from Spike’s as she did so. She had almost missed the look of longing…and regret that passed over his features but as he stood to leave, she caught his eye and silently pleaded with him to not leave her alone. There was too much unfinished business between them and with Whistler glaring at her from the corner; it was business that could not wait to be finished.

The poor little demon had crushed his worn-out fedora in his hands while he glared at the voluptuous brunette daring to cause a wave in between his newly-favorite blondes. Noting the blonde’s raised eyebrow at his barely visible horns, he slammed the hat back on his head and pointed towards the brunettes in a seeming standoff with each other. Neither was willing to give an inch until Faith’s head suddenly swung towards the petite blonde trapped in the bed.

“Damn B, you didn’t tell me you were getting all groiny with Willy boy again.” Faith grinned at the pair. “Told you the next time you caught up with him to give me a call. Don’t see you getting too physical for awhile though. That car really did a number on you, B.” Faith appraised her bruises swiftly as she avoided the glaring blue eyes across the room. “That hurt much?” She gestured towards the cut over the girl’s left eye.

“Nope, doesn’t hurt in the least bit to have glass surgically removed from your skull.” Buffy answered sarcastically at the smirking woman.

It had never been a secret that Spike hated Faith but at that moment he wanted nothing more than to pummel the brunette into the ground. His hand clenched against his leg as she blatantly appraised his girl…Whoa there mate! She’s not your girl…well; maybe she might be but…bloody hell! “Was there an actual reason you stopped by or are you just here to annoy us?”

“Worried someone’s going to take your sweetie away from you, Willy boy?” Faith leered at him, exposing her cleavage in the process. The tight red top she had on was could hardly be considered appropriate as it was but when she bent down, he had a great view down her shirt, which he promptly ignored.

He grunted, “Stop calling me that. You’re just bloody annoying and we were in the middle of a soddin’ conversation if you don’t mind.” He shot a glance towards Buffy, who had been uncharacteristically silent during the conversation. She sat idly in the bed while she stared past Faith into the far corner.

“What should I call you then; ex-bleach boy, stud, Casanova? From what Buffy said while we were…oops, I probably shouldn’t go into that but she did inform me of how you got the game Spike. Sounds promising.” The brunette eyed his crouch approvingly as he fought off the urge to clock her one.

“I’m sure the local strip club is feeling rather lonely without you right now. Why don’t you toddle on and get laid? You’re bloody annoying when you’re talking; actually you’re bleeding annoying either way.” His lips caught in a smirk reminiscent of his younger days as he caught the slightly crestfallen look that had taken residence over Faith’s features for a moment.

“If you’d leave, I could fuck Buffy. Been there, done that before. Wouldn’t mind if you’re here, ex-bleachy, but I’m not sure she’d care for it; fucking her past and present. I’m sure she’d welcome me back, wouldn’t you B?” Faith waited…and waited for the blonde to respond.

Buffy looked between her ex-lovers, first at the blue eyes that had haunted her dreams and then to the brown that seeped deep into her soul despite her reproach of the younger woman.

“Spike…”

Sunnydale General Hospital cafeteria

“Buffy’s going to totally freak when she finds out what we’re doing.” Dawn swallowed the rest of her fry before continuing, “You saw her after Johnny across the street ran his bike into her car. I thought she was going to kill him on the spot but this…this she is going to kill us for. Can I blame you? I’m too young to die.”

Joyce looked up from her salad at her youngest daughter and then back at the salad. Stabbing at it blindly, her hazel eyes met Dawn’s blue ones, “if this fails, which it won’t, I will take responsibility for it. Your sister deserves some happiness and we’re finally going to get her head screwed on right. That boy has been chasing after her long enough and frankly, I want my little girl back. I’m sick of talking to her secretaries- bunch of floozies.”

Dawn giggled, “You said floozies. Seriously, is this going to work or is she going to go mental again? I think I’m still partially deaf after the last time you guys screamed at each other.”

Joyce shrugged, “It wasn’t that bad, Dawnie…”

“The neighbors thought someone was being murdered…they called the cops.” She watched her mother carefully, “You’re right, it was just an average Tuesday night for Sunnydale. At least neither of you ended up in jail.”

“No, I just managed to drive your sister out of the house and out of our lives. It was a great night, Dawnie.” Joyce said sarcastically.

“’least she didn’t move out of the state. She could’ve moved out of the country, followed dad to Spain if she had really wanted to. I’m sure he would have paid for her plane ticket and anything else she wanted.” Dawn frowned down at her burger and fries.

“Never mind about that. We’re going to get this straightened out and that girl will be happy and maybe she can stop making people’s lives miserable. I talked to Mrs. Rosenberg the other day and she was saying that Willow was forced to give up her apartment and move back into her basement because she was fired from her job. It didn’t take much prodding to find out it was your sister who fired her.”
Welcome to Hell by Jake
Previously…

Buffy looked between her ex-lovers, first at the blue eyes that had haunted her dreams and then to the brown that seeped deep into her soul despite her reproach of the younger woman.

“Spike…”

***
“Buffy, luv? Do you want me to stay or go?” Spike’s blue eyes bored into hers as he gently traced circles into her palm.

Buffy paused as she watched Whistler from the corner of her eye. He was hopping behind Spike and pointing at the young man with an anxious look in his beady brown eyes.

“Spike…I need to…” She was interrupted again by Whistler jumping around and glaring at her. He waved his arms manically to catch her attention before she said anything damaging to her soul. His instincts told him this was going to be a life-altering decision and he really didn’t want to have to pay up to Lucifer’s bodyguard. The red bodybuilder was one scary demon.

“C’mon, I know you aren’t dense enough to choose the girl. Little bitch caused enough problems for you before. Please tell me you aren’t as daft as to walk right back into her arms again. Look at William, look at him!” Whistler paused until Buffy looked towards Spike. “Do you really want to go to hell ‘cause I can take you down for a little visit right now?” He crossed the room in several quick strides on his short legs and grabbed her hand. “Hold on tight ‘cause once we’re down there…well, you’re technically going to be in a coma up here. Can’t do anything about that but I won’t let you die…” He shook his head slowly and muttered, “Hopefully.”

She didn’t have time to respond before they were zinging through space and time. The walls of the hospital seemed to disappear and soon they were zipping down through the dirt and earth’s crust until they reached a long hallway.

She doubled over as her last lunch seemed to want to make reappearance. As she did so, she noticed that her clothes were back to what she’d been wearing the day of the accident instead of the hospital issued gown. “What the hell? Am I dead again? I cannot be dead again…seriously, not again. I will kill you if you killed me...”

“Not quite hell yet, Princess, but soon enough and as I explained earlier, you’re in a coma up there. Just for a few minutes though. I don’t have enough power to stop time completely and it takes too long to petition the big guy on simple matters. The angels like to bicker…knew he shouldn’t have formed an Angel’s council, more trouble than they’re worth but with ol’ Lucy stuck down here…nothing much for them to do up there.” He pointed towards a door at the end of the long hallway. “That’s the entrance to hell…”

That’s the entrance to hell?” She glanced down at the plain-looking wooden door. “Where’s the plaque warning all ye who enter and all that?”

“You humans watch too many damn movies. It’s not all fire and brimstone down here, I’ll have you know. It’s much more than that, Princess. What’s behind that door is most men’s worst nightmare…should be yours too if you weren’t the devils spawn…”

Her eyes narrowed as she briefly considered whether choking the little demon would be considered a sin, after all he wasn’t completely human and really annoying. “Hey! I resent that!”

“Jury is still out on that one but I’ve got a bet running.” He took her hand again and led her closer to the door. “Stay with me at all times. I’m your only way out from there and unless you want to spend the rest of eternity in hell away from your destiny…just stay with me.” He shut his mouth to prevent himself from revealing her purpose too soon.

He knocked on the door three times before they were granted admittance by an intimidating looking blue demon.

“That one is still alive, not much feeling in it though.” The blue demon spoke slowly as he poked Buffy’s shoulder with one long talon. She instinctively rocked back onto her heels to prevent her from falling as the demon circled her.

“Just here for a visit, Judge. She’s not ready yet, not for you.” Whistler tugged her closer to him when he saw the glint in the other demon’s eyes. The Judge was known for feeding off of humanity in hell’s occupants. The giant demon would leave its victims with no emotions except the recognition of pain and torture. There was no hope after the Judge had gotten a hold of its next victim.

“Go through.” The demon glided back to its resting place behind the wooden door as it swung shut behind them.

“What the hell was that thing?” Buffy shuddered once they’d gotten out of earshot of the blue demon.

“That would be hell, itself. The Judge feeds on humanity and since he was interested in you…well, lucky you, you still have a bit of humanity in you. He just confirmed that you can experience emotions.” Whistler continued to tug her down the dark tunnel until; finally, she could see a dim light a couple of yards away. “Be thankful he didn’t show you the future…”

“I-I don’t want to go any further, Whistler. That dude freaked me out enough.” Her shoulders shook as the residual energy from the blue demon took a hold of her soul. “All I can see is pain. I-I don’t want to hurt him…not like that.” Her hands shot out to grasp the bottom of his shirt. “Don’t let me hurt William like that. He can’t die because of me. Too much blood, too much…”

“Damn it! Yeah, we’ll go back Princess. Told him not to do that to you.” Whistler pulled her to her feet and dragged her back to the door, glaring at the Judge as they passed. “You weren’t supposed to show her that.” He poked the taller demon in the chest.

“She desired it. I showed her the worst outcome and now her soul can decide for her. You brought her.” The Judge disappeared from view again.

20 minutes later

“She’s waking up again!” Spike rammed his way through the huddle of doctors and nurses as Buffy’s hand twitched ever so slightly. “She’s back!”

“Spike? I…I, where’s Faith?” She sat bolt upright as she took in her surroundings, surprising the Dr. Stevenson back a couple of steps.

“Ms. Summers, you gave us quite a scare there.”

“Don’t care. I’m fine now so where’s Faith?” Buffy brushed the doctor off as she scanned the room for the brunette woman. “I have to talk to Faith…Now!”

Spike’s features went blank. She did it. She actually chose that slut over me. “I’ll, uh, I’ll just leave ‘n you don’t have to see me again. I can take a hint. Have a good life, luv.” He went to stand when her hand shot out to hold him in place.

“Don’t even think about leaving. I’m not done talking to you yet. I need to talk to Faith really quick but then I want to finish our conversation from before.”

Faith edged her way to the crowded bed when she heard her name, “You needed to see me, B?”
The World of Baith by Jake
Author's Notes:
Warning!!! This does with a little bit of Buffy/Faith. If you have a problem with it, skip it!
“Faith, you can’t do it.” Buffy struggled up in the bed as Spike clutched her hand like a lifeline. He hadn’t left her side since she had awoken and had no plans to leave her anytime soon. His heart rate still hadn’t returned to normal since she had slipped into a coma. Worry etched on his handsome features as he carefully checked her over, uncaring that the doctors were trying to do the same.

The dark brunette beauty smirked at the mismatched couple, “and what was it that I’m supposedly planning on doing? Enlighten me, B.” She leaned against the door. The leather of her jacket clung to her like a second skin and the dark jeans did nothing to diminish her curves.

Buffy startled for a moment keenly aware that Spike was listening to every word being said in the room and unwilling to break his heart…yet again. “You know what I’m talking about, Faith. You told me before that it would be easier if he was gone. You can’t do it.”

Faith smirked and chuckled from her place leaning against the doorframe.

One and a half years ago, Buffy’s office

Buffy leaned back in her executive black leather chair willing the excessive paperwork to disappear on its own, or preferably sign itself. She dared a glance at the picture frame on the left hand corner of the desk and with a flick of her wrist slammed it face down. It was no use dwelling on what she had sent away and seeing William’s smiling face was too much for her tonight. They had been so happy when that candid had been shot. It had been their third anniversary and he had treated her to a day of relaxation at the beach. She groaned as she studied the forms awaiting her signature sitting in front of her and quickly lifted her phone to call in for dinner. Before she could dial the heavy oak door swung open, rattling slightly on its hinges as it bounced against the wall.

“Miss me, B?” The brunette woman smirked in the doorway, holding up a bag claiming to be Chinese takeout.

Buffy glanced between the woman and the food, deciding the food itself was worth letting her stay. “Not on your life, Faith, but I’ll take the food. Today has been the day from hell and it’s still not over.” She pushed the folders further across the desk and made room for the food in front of her, graciously accepting a couple of containers and a plastic fork. As she munched away at her Orange Chicken, she noted the voluptuous brunette watching her carefully, almost appraisingly. “See anything you like, Faith?”

Faith chuckled and leaned forward, exposing her cleavage. “You know I do, baby. I was hoping that tonight would be the night you finally decided to give me a chance. I was all romantic with the food. Isn’t that what your honey-bear used to do for you? Bring you dinner at the office.”

The blonde scowled at the low blow of bringing her ex into the conversation. “Just for that…”

“Kidding, blondie. Look I just want a chance. I know all about Willy-boy and it would be damn easier on me if he were gone but it just has to be for tonight and no one has to know about it tomorrow.” Faith set her food down and stepped around the desk before leaning down and kissing the blonde softly, brushing her loose hair back and caressing her cheek. “Let yourself feel it.” Her lips beckoned to the other girl’s as her teeth nipped lightly at the blonde’s pouty lower lip, eager to continue. Her hands pushed the black jacket off Buffy’s shoulders while her tongue begged for entrance into her mouth.

Buffy’s hands moved of their own accord to push the leather jacket off the brunette and swiftly rid the girl of her tight black tank, exposing her bare breasts. She nipped at the soft underside of her breasts before caressing an exposed nipple.

“Fuck! You taste so damn good, B.” Faith worked her way down to the blonde girl’s pants, encouraging her to lift her hips so she could maneuver the black dress pants down her legs. She let her gaze prowl over the blonde in just her black thong, head thrown back in want and chuckled softly. “Betcha Bleachy wishes he hadn’t let you go.”

Sunnydale General Hospital

“Think I’ve already done it, B. ‘Least I’ve already done you…more than once and it was damn good if I recall.” Faith shook off the cold stare Buffy was giving her. “Yeah, Spikey, how does it feel to know that I’ve screwed the same pussy you have?”

Spike growled at the young woman, “Doesn’t matter to me, Faith. Besides half of California has probably had you…and left. What does that tell you?”

“That you were the one sucker that refused me. Look, B, if you want to stick to dick, that’s fine but don’t think that will stop me from wanting you for one second. I’ll always want you.” Faith smirked at the couple and strode out of the room. “Just remember, she’s screamed my name as well as yours. We’re equals.”

“Uh…Miss Summers?” The small male nurse who had originally allowed Faith into the room poked his head inside the doorway.

Buffy groaned not wanting to know if he had heard the conversation or not. “Yes?”

“Do you need any medication for the pain?”

A swift ‘no’ sent the petite man scurrying back out of the room, slamming the door behind him and leaving the couple in peace.

“We need to talk. You need to bloody well decide what you want and who you want. I can’t do it again, Buffy. I’m still love’s bitch and I’d still do anything for you but I want all of you.” He paused. “I want the bloody white picket fence and two point whatever children. I’m not settlin’ for a quick rendezvous when you have the bleedin’ time. I need to know…will you be my wife or not?”
Deal Me In by Jake
Author's Notes:
Wow, it's been awhile since I've updated and I'd like to apologize for that. My hard drive was wiped clean so I'm in the process of A) locating fics on discs or, B) re-writing what seems to be permanently lost. Thank you for being patient with me as I tried to recover what was lost.
Minutes ticked by as Buffy continued to alternate staring between William and the pesky demon snarling at her from across the room. Thoughts were jumbled inside her head as she tried to find possible meanings to what William had just said ‘cause there was no way in hell she could have heard him right. His blue eyes bored into her own as he waited rather impatiently for an answer. His long, agile fingers tapped nervously against her blanket-covered knee as he tried to form the words he had long wanted to say but never had the opportunity before she decided to run from him again, and seeing as how running wasn’t much of an option for her now…it was the perfect time.

“Buffy, pet, you know I’ve wanted you forever…always will, but I need some type of reassurance that you ‘n me is what you want. I don’t want to leave ‘ere thinking we’ve got this all sorted out jus’ to find out ‘n a couple ‘f months that you want someone or something else. I want all of you ‘n well, now the ball’s in your court, pet, it’s up to you to decide what you really want. I’m ready ‘n willin’ to stand by you in whatever you want to do but if you want something other than me, well, ‘m also ready to walk back out that door ‘n leave you to it. Won’t ‘ave a song in my ‘eart but I’d wish you the best.” He shook his head lightly and toyed with the edge of the thin hospital issue blanket before daring a glance back at her confused expression. “I love you, kitten, ‘n I want to spend the rest ‘f my life showin’ you that…if you’ll
‘ave me that is.”

Buffy blinked slowly as she caught sight of the small demon waving manically at her from the opposite side of the room.

Whistler stepped forward and gave a little wave of his hand, watching as the beeping machines paused and William froze in place.

“What in God’s Holy name are you doing, Princess?” He asked exasperatedly. “You’ve got Prince Charming ready to lay his life down for you and you’re staring at the wall like it’s some priceless painting. It’s easy- just open your mouth and make sound come out, preferably anything sounding like a ‘yes’ would be good. I want to go home!” The little demon pouted. If he had to spend one more day with the pampered princess, he was going to…well, he didn’t know really what he was going to do since it was against the rules to choke a client to death or until they agreed to listen to him.

Buffy blinked again, “You made the room freeze.”

Whistler rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers in front of her face. “Would you please try to concentrate here? Prince Charming over there wants you to marry him, why, I don’t know ‘cause if I were him I’d be running down the highway to get away from you but that’s neither here nor there.” At her bemused smirk, he frowned and continued. “Look, you have two options here: one, you say yes to him or you go back to being the selfless bitch you were before and the Judge finally gets a piece of you.”

“So you’re telling me that I have to marry Spike or I’m going to hell. That doesn’t seem like a very good choice to make and why would the powers or whatever care about my love life? If you ask me they sound a bit too much like my mother.”

Whistler’s hand crushed down on his fedora as he fought off the urge to choke her. “Well, it’s a good thing no one is asking you, isn’t it? Just answer his damn question and living happily ever after so I can go home. I’m missing Oprah because of you!”

“What if I can’t tell him yes?” She bit down on her lower lip and glanced over at the frozen William in trepidation. “What if I can’t say yes because I don’t want to ruin his life? He deserves better than me and he knows it.”

“GAH! What the hell is wrong with you?” Whistler banged his hand on the bed’s railing, his eyes focused firmly on Buffy. “What more does he have to do before you’ll say yes and get me out of this hell hole? He wants you, sweetheart, and he’ll do anything you want him to as long as you prove to him that you want him as well but if you decide you want him gone…that’s it! He’s gone. This is your deciding moment, this moment determines whether you spend the rest of your life in prison and the rest of your eternity in hell or if you want the chance to redeem yourself and get your aerobe -sized booty back on the path to your destiny.”

Buffy cringed at his harsh tone before resuming her rigid position on the bed. “What the hell was that about prison, Sparky?”

Whistler shook his head, “I’ve told you more than I was supposed. Look, honey, all I can say is that if you don’t get off your high horse and see the people around you for who they really are instead of what they can do for you you’re going to end up hurting some of them in a real bad way.”

Buffy couldn’t find the words to express her confusion…her guilt at something that hadn’t happened yet. “What does that have to do with Spike?” When Whistler said nothing, she pressed harder. “You have to tell me. Don’t just leave this hanging. I have to know what William has to do with this.”

Whistler sighed, “He helps save you from yourself, in a way that is. He gives you the one thing you needed to save yourself from turning your back on mankind and using them as pawns in your effort to improve yourself. He grounds you.”

“What does he give me?’

“I can’t answer that. Just know that it is something that you’ve wanted your entire life, you’ve envied others for it, yet, you don’t want to let yourself want it.” He brushed his fingertips against her chest, directly over her heart. “It’s your heart’s desire and everything you thought you would never have. Everything you’re too afraid to let yourself have.”

“Unfreeze the room. I know my answer.”
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=35706