My Lady In Waiting by Behind Blue Eyes
Summary: Lady Elizabeth, the only child of Earl and Countess Summers, lived a life enriched with all those in her station are privy to: wealth, education and luxury. All were at her whim. Until one day, per sequester by the King of England, her whole world would change forever. Per order of an enamored King, William Pratt Duke of Suffolk, traveled to procure this rare gem the King now craved. Sir William, a man who indulged in all the riches of court life, continued through his life utilizing angelic features and cunning words. All women succumbed to his charms, until Lady Elizabeth. Upon their first meeting, a battle of wits and words began. Beneath bitter words, lies a burning passion neither can ignore. With her fate sealed by the King’s orders, can each go against other's desires to find their own Happily Ever After?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Spike/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 35183 Read: 20215 Published: 02/14/2010 Updated: 05/25/2010

1. Chapter One by Behind Blue Eyes

2. Chapter Two by Behind Blue Eyes

3. Chapter Three by Behind Blue Eyes

4. Chapter Four by Behind Blue Eyes

5. Chapter Five by Behind Blue Eyes

6. Chapter Six by Behind Blue Eyes

7. Chapter Seven by Behind Blue Eyes

8. Chapter Eight by Behind Blue Eyes

9. Chapter Nine by Behind Blue Eyes

10. Chapter Ten by Behind Blue Eyes

11. Chapter Eleven by Behind Blue Eyes

12. Chapter Twelve by Behind Blue Eyes

13. Chapter Thirteen by Behind Blue Eyes

14. Chapter Fourteen by Behind Blue Eyes

Chapter One by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
Welcome all to my tale. Before you begin, I feel it is necessary to give some disclosures. I am not a historian, nor do I claim to be. The information that will be placed within my story, were gathered through knowledge I have gained from research. This in itself, does not guarantee it is sound nor correct. I will try, within all of my being, to do so. Again, this does not guarantee it will be so. Now, in saying this, I may take a few liberties throughout my story. These will be minor and just to add to my tale. In addition, the backdrop to the story, some characters, places and time period, are factual. But what transpires, is not. It was created within my mind. Now, with all above being said, please proceed with my tale, my Lords and Ladies…
“And they lived happily ever after.” With flourish, Lady Summers completed her daughter’s favorite fairytale, The Tale of Eros and Psyche. Since she was young, Lady Summers’ translated this ancient Greek myth, into a story in which she read to her daughter often.

“Mama, will my love story end happily ever after?” Elizabeth’s wide, youthful gaze studied the woman that sat by her side. Her mother’s regal features were slightly shaded by the sweeping bows of the English Elm. A flash of sadness filled her mother’s eyes, but was quickly replaced with warmth as she spoke to only daughter,

“If God is willing, my sweet child. If God is willing,” Lady Summers whispered, as she swept a wayward lock from her daughter’s brow, misplaced by the warm spring breeze.

Ten years later…

“My dearest husband, I beg of thee. Our daughter cannot be sent away; she is but a mere child!” Surrounded by tearful soft sobs, Lady Summers pleaded to her determined husband upon bended knee. With one hand, she clutched her handkerchief to her breast. The other she held tightly to his leg.

“Foolish woman! She is seventeen years of age! Other women of her station were betrothed years ago. Now these ladies are wedded, with titles of their own, managing households with many babes. I have entertained your plight long enough wife,” Lord Summers declared while forcefully pushing his wife aside.

With a sharp, biting command, Lord Summers ordered the servant for his daughter to be fetched and brought forward. Upon the servant’s leave, Lord Summers extracted his teary wife from the floor at his feet with a harsh grip.

Quickly bringing her to eye level. “Dry your tears dear wife. Your daughter will come forth seeking for your guidance. Once having been a Lady in Waiting, you can give her all knowledge of anticipating the Queen’s desires.” With a clenched jaw and wide, angry eyes he beheld Lady Summers, while biting out his words.

“Husband, it is not the Queen’s desires that lie in store for our daughter, but the King’s,” Lady Summers snapped.

Upon her words, he growled his response,

“It would do thee well to still your tongue! Your neck will be stretched for treason, while your vicious words continue to echo upon these halls, as you speak ill of the King. The King of England himself sequestered our daughter for his court. Her audience will be the least of her show of gratitude for such a privilege as this.”

“My tongue will be idle my lord, but my mind shall not,” Lady Summers responded. Her chin now held high, eyes blazing.
“Ah…there’s the wretch that has plagued my home for years. If your sharp tongue was used for pleasure, not biting words, which you seem to prefer, my visits to your bedchambers would not have abated all those years ago,” Lord Summers growled.

“You find your pleasures else where, I am sure, dear husband,” Lady Summers retorted.

“Regardless of bitter words and the masquerade of tears; which was a nice touch dearest wife, all was for naught. Our daughter will be within the hands of the King by the month’s end. Figuratively or Biblically…his majesty will decide.”

Before Lady Summers could respond, Elizabeth walked into the grand hall. Both pairs of eyes fell upon her; one filled with fright and tears, the other filled with mirth.

With a deep curtsey, Elizabeth hung her head low; showing both the Earl and Countess Summers profound respect. First, they were their titles, secondly her parents.

“My Lord, my Lady,” Elizabeth announced.

“Fair daughter! Are you well this morn?” Lord Summers greeted his daughter with a booming, jovial voice. Without another glance, he passed his teary wife, to fetch their daughter.

Elizabeth raised herself from the floor, as she stepped forward into her father’s outstretched arms. Lord Summers placed two chaste kisses upon either cheek before he pulled back. Still within an arm's length, he gazed upon her with a beaming smile.

A mirrored smile reflected back from Elizabeth’s full lips. Beneath her smile, her mind churned from her father’s uncharacteristically loving greeting and jubilant smile.

“I have the most gracious news my dear child!” Lord Summers’ arm wrapped around his daughter’s waist. He chatted excitedly into her ear, despite daggers, Lady Summers’ gaze bestowed upon her husband. He continued unaffected.

“By the weeks end, you will be traveling abroad to our native England. More specifically, to Whitehall Palace! The marvels of court await you. If it was not for the seven deadly sins, the ugly, green serpent of envy would be rising from within my very being!”

Before he could continue, Elizabeth pulled from his partial embrace. Facing him full on, she spoke,

“Father, when will our trip commence? I have always dreamed of gracing the King’s court, donned in my finest gown of gold…” A faraway stare filled her eyes as she continued, “My presence announced to all. Everyone, except the King and Queen of course, bowing to greet…Lady Elizabeth Summers…”
Her thoughts were drawn away quickly from her father’s sharp tone,

“Your mother and I shall not accompany you on this voyage.”

Elizabeth’s gaze settled upon her father. With a quirk of her brow she commented,

“Father, is it not unladylike to travel alone? Many retched persons and places lay between our home and the sanctuary of the King’s castle.” Elizabeth’s gaze was heavy with skepticism.

“Daughter, you needn’t remind your elders of rules set in place long before your birth. It would be wise to remember your sharp tongue may be overlooked within the walls of my household, or even encouraged…” Lord Summers’ focus settled upon Lady Summers seated form. With a sneer of disdain, his gaze returned to his daughter and continued, “ Insolence will not be tolerated in the least by the King nor his Queen!”

“I shall remember this while in their company my Lord. While I am not, my sharp tongue will serve me well among the knaves that litter the King’s court!” Elizabeth announced. Her chin held high, mirroring her mother’s earlier pose.

Lord Summers’ body coiled, as he prepared to strike his daughter with both words and hands. Only the knowledge that when the King’s chancellor arrived and beheld a mark upon her cheek, his neck would be stretched from the closest English Elm, held him back.

Lady Summers spoke before the fury that filled her husband’s gaze, was unleashed upon her daughter,

“Elizabeth, this is a wonderful opportunity for a young woman of your station. Becoming a Lady in Waiting for the Queen of England requires grace and poise of which you are the epitome. The King himself sequesters your presence. This honor bestowed upon our family, is of the utmost. Lady in Waiting is one of the highest titles, which one is not born into, unto an unwed woman such as you could hold.” A forced smile graced Lady Summers’ lips, contradicted the dread in her eyes.

Elizabeth understood that beneath her faux smile, her mother’s eyes told the truth. She knew her mother loathed the aspects of court. Although never a bitter word left Lady Summers’ lips regarding the ways of court, Elizabeth knew her mother had protected her. Since she was old enough, at the tender age of ten, when her father first broached the subject.

Upon her mother’s requests of Elizabeth’s complete avoidance from court, and the whispered stories from the past and present servants during their chores, filled her mind with all the knowledge she needed to possess. Corruption and lust were the intertwined heartbeats, which sustained and fueled each member of court. They were beasts in finery, nothing more.

“Do pray tell my lord, when is my voyage to commence?”

Bitter words tumbled from Elizabeth’s lips, despite the now faux smile that graced them. With the final straw being laid, Lord Summers raised his hand to strike his daughter. Only the servant’s announcement stilled his hand,

“Lord Summers…William Pratt, the Duke of Suffolk!”

Upon this declaration, Elizabeth’s face fell, eyes widened. With a renewed sinister smirk, Lord Summers spoke,

“Does that answer your query, my dearest daughter?”

**** ****

One-month prior… Whitehall Palace

Thunderous footfalls reverberated off the walls; impatience marring his regal features, the King headed toward the Duke of Suffolk’s bedchambers. Confidants in every sense since they were young boys still did not lessen his recent agitation towards his Grace. His presence had been desired over an hour ago. The delay in his attendance was the reason, for the King’s brisk gait. Without a knock or a declaration of his presence, the King stormed through the wooden door of Sir William’s bedchambers.

Upon his enormous four-poster bed, William’s hips shifted with rigorous momentum. Griping fingers dug deep within a woman’s waist, as she met his thrusts with vigor. Feminine mews intertwined with the echoes of flesh meeting flesh. His brutal pace continued until he witnessed the King’s presence,

“Your Majesty…” William's hips stilled, as he tried to extract himself from the woman before him.

Upon the King instructions of “Please, continue” William pace renewed with equal voracity.

“Your Majesty…please, relax. I will be but a moment…or two.”

Despite William’s words flowing in quick pants from the act he had resumed, formality and respect laced his every word.

“Your Grace, please take leisure. From the whispers that spilled from the ladies of court, you are a sight to behold. Poetry in motion,” The King declared as he sat upon an oak box chair.

The woman’s wide eyes fell upon the King of England as he sat bedside. As she tried to pull from William’s, he held her hips firmly. A quick slap was administered upon her bottom for good measure.

“Ah…ah! Not yet done, kitten. Need not to worry. The King does appreciate a woman with a firm backside and talented mouth such as yours.”

William’s purred words were accompanied by another swift slap. The woman’s mouth opened in a silent scream as he continued his ministrations.

“See, your majesty. Her mouth is pursed for your willing cock, if you so choose. Quite lovely, her fondness for bestowing pleasures upon one’s manhood,” his words continued, as his hips gained in speed.

“No thank you, Your Grace. Perhaps another time?” With a slight nod, the King responded with a mischievous smirk.

“Certainly, Your Majesty.”

After numerous more thrusts, William growled his release. Following several slower plunges, he pulled from the woman’s core. Instantly, she scrambled from the bed. Within moments, she collected her clothing, curtsied in front of the King, and left the chamber.

William pulled his nude form from the mattress with a satisfied feline grace. Placing his breeches upon his legs, he spoke,

“Your Majesty, your presence is cordially welcomed. Please excuse my grievous delay in greeting you properly.”

Upon his words, William bowed in front of the now standing King. With a slight nod, the King acknowledged his respect.

“Your Grace,” the King nodded, then continued, “Now, William. Find some suitable clothes. Ones not filled with the scent of a woman’s quim, and join me for a ride, within the woods. A pressing matter must be discussed; one the eyes and ears of court need not to be privy to.” With that, the King turned and exited the Duke of Suffolk’s bedchambers.

William called upon his servants to aid in his dressing. Within moments, two young men entered with his clothing. One servant presented an ebony peplum doublet, with silver embroidery and finest white, silk shirt. The other servant carried his black riding pants and leather riding boots.

He stood stone still, as the young men presented each item and aided with its placement. Once each garment was positioned, he exited his chambers and headed to meet the waiting King.
**** ****

With quick clips, William made his way through the courtyard. The King sat astride his stallion, while a stable hand held the reins of his steed. He was presented with the reins following a bow and “Your Grace,” which spilled from the handler’s lips.

In moments, he mounted his horse and took the reins. With a sharp cry from the King, dual heels dug deep within each of the animal’s sides. Both men took leave of the castle walls. Guards upon their mounts followed the men. Per the King’s request, they maintained their distance.

Tufts of damp, forest earth were uprooted, as the men pushed their steeds to their limits. Whoops of laughter fell from their throats as they rode. Both men pressed their horses while indulging in their typical competitive nature.

Despite these men knowing one another since childhood, the fact that Henry was the King, William tightened the reins slightly. After countless moments passed, each man being equally matched, they raced.

Once the King passed William, he declared his success of out riding the other man, with another bellow of hearty laughter. William smiled and nodded acceptance of his loss. Slowing their gait in increments, until a leisurely pace was achieved, each man guided their steed to the river to drink.

"William, now that I have yours full attention, I will inform you of the nature of this ride,” Henry stated as his gloved hand mindlessly ran over the stallion’s raven coat. William silently looked upon him as he continued,

“There is a young maiden located in England’s occupied lands in France. Her father, Earl Summers, is my Ambassador in the King of France’s court. He and many others have told me, Lady Elizabeth Summers is simply exquisite; fair hair of spun gold, eyes green as the finest silken threads, petite yet breathtaking, womanly features. Despite her lack of experience in court, she is well versed with knowledge of literature, the arts and all the facets for a woman of her station to possess. Countess Summers was a Lady in Waiting for my mother. Grace and poise are bred deep.” A look of longing filled the King’s features, as his speech stopped.

“Your Majesty, she sounds fascinating indeed. May I inquire my duties surrounding Lady Elizabeth?”

“William, you will voyage to procure this rare gem. All arrangements have been dealt with. As we speak, you servants are packing your belongings for this trip. You set sail morrow, at first light. Lady Elizabeth will become Queen Catherine’s Lady in Waiting,” Henry declared with a firm tone.

“Morrow I will set sail, Your Majesty.” With a bow, William accepted his voyage and means for his trip.

Once the horses were well rested, the men continued back towards Whitehall Palace. Upon their arrival, each man took leave of one another. The King took leave, to handle his affairs of state. William took leave, to handle affairs of his own, another willing woman to warm his bed.

End Notes:
Thank you Sanityfair...as always! Also, reviews are needed...please!" I do understand, that within the first line/paragraph that I have taken those “liberties" I had mentioned earlier. The term “fairytale”, was coined by Marie-Catherine Le Jumel de Barneville, Baronne d’Aulnoy (1650/1651-1705), which was well after the time period of this story. In addition, “Happily Ever After” was used in these new “fairytales”, when these types of stories started to be written with vigor. For those that are well verse in Literature, I hope that I have not offended. Please remember though, Eros and Psyche were a Greek myth, a “fairytale” per se. Which did end “Happily Ever After.”
Chapter Two by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
I appreciate everyone's reviews for this story. Keep them coming!!! Each one helps immensely! Thanks as always to Sanityfair! Big Hugs!!!
“Lord Summers…William Pratt, Duke of Suffolk!”

“Does that answer your query, my dearest daughter?”


Upon the grand entrance of the Duke of Suffolk, the Summers’ previous quarrels were forgotten. Each moved to greet him.

The ladies curtseyed deeply. Lord Summers bowed to the approaching Duke. Elizabeth’s eyes remained downcast as she heard her father address the Duke of Suffolk.

“Your Grace. It is our highest privilege to have your presence in our humble home.” The smooth, practiced words fell from Lord Summers’ lips.

Elizabeth had to temper a snicker, as she thought, “My father’s words and false niceties could fertilize acres of land!” Her thoughts were interrupted by a rich baritone voice.

“Lord Summers, it is my great pleasure to grace your manor on the King’s behalf. It has been a number of years since my last trip to France. I am pleased to say, the French has yet to bestow upon their realm all the gifts our beloved King has done for his. England by far, has a greater means for nobility and the common alike. Do you not agree?”

As the Duke’s words tumbled from his lips, Elizabeth’s anger grew. She bit the inside of her cheek to still the words that rushed forth on her tongue.

She waited for her father to dispute at least the fact that their home and lands were grand and lovely. Unfortunately, outside the gates of the estate, Elizabeth could not attest. Following her father’s response, Elizabeth could taste blood upon her tongue.

“Your Grace, my agreement with you could not be more profound. It has been almost a year, since I have graced the King’s court, but I assure you, my heart stills every time. The French court is filled with mere shadows of the grandness the King beseeches his members and bestows upon all those that enter.”

“Yes, Lord Summers we could discuss the finer points of England well into the day, but I feel we have greater interests to attend to.” The Duke of Suffolk’s eyes flared as he subtly hinted towards the women who remained bowed.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes as she pictured her father falling upon the floor and cleaning the Duke’s boots with his wagging tongue. Inwardly, she thought, “He is insulting my father and his possessions! How does my father defend? With sweet words and smiles! Such a fool!”

“Please excuse my rudeness and forgetfulness, Your Grace.” Lord Summers approached to the side of Lady Summers and introduced her to the man before her.

“Your Grace, this is my wife, Countess Summers.” Lady Summers extracted herself from the ground slightly and raised her head and hand toward the Duke.

“Your Grace,” Lady Summers’ voice flowed like sweet music as she addressed the Duke.

“Lady Summers,” placing a chaste kiss on her hand, he continued, “It is my sincerest pleasure to behold the stunning Lady of this manor.”

“You are so kind, Your Grace,” Lady Summers stated as she stood to full height. Before Lord Summers could speak, Lady Summers introduced her daughter,

“Your Grace, may I have the privilege of introducing my daughter, Lady Elizabeth.”

Elizabeth remained firmly in her position. In her line of sight, she beheld a pair of black riding boots and nothing more. Elizabeth then raised her head slightly, lifting her hand.

Past anger fled. Now millions of butterflies had taken flight within her stomach. Her uneasiness was for two reasons; Firstly, this was her first time to entertain of any sort of nobility. Secondly, this man was going to change her entire world. The moment she acknowledged his presence, all she had ever known would be but a memory.

“Your Grace.” Elizabeth’s words fell from her lips in a slight tremble.

Masculine fingers, feather soft, brushed upon hers. Whispered tendrils of an unknown feeling, crept from her hand, and spread throughout. Before she could label this foreign reaction, another, more powerful began. A tidal wave of heat, and pulses of electricity, blazed through her. A slight gasp fell from Elizabeth’s lips. She looked up to witness what had transpired.

Upon her flesh, a man’s full lips were placed. They were soft, yet firm, as they lingered. Time seemed to still, the outside world, nonexistent. As soon as these mysterious feelings began, his lips moved away.

“Lady Elizabeth, it is all my pleasure to be granted your acquaintance.” Her eyes rose at his words. Fathomless pools of cerulean, danced with delight and something else, as they studied her intently, beneath inky lashes.

Upon the release of her hand, Elizabeth rose to full height. She felt flushed and confused. Never before had she felt these feelings. It was true this visitor was the first nobility, to grace her home. All her father’s business was done outside the home, mainly in the French courts, as per her mother’s request.

“Mere nervousness,” Elizabeth inwardly reminded herself. She counted slowly to three before she responded to the Duke’s words. Her gaze held firm upon his.

“As ours, Your Grace. Despite your utter detest for France and all it has to offer. I assure you, your stay here will be of the highest standards as it is at Whitehall Palace.”

Upon her declaration, Lady Summers gasped slightly. Elizabeth could feel her father’s fury-filled gaze, burn a path across the room. She could hear the deep intake of Lord Summers’ breath, as he prepared to scold her.

Instantly, full lips parted and deep baritone laughter filled the hall. His prominent Adam’s apple bobbed, as the mirth escaped his throat. William’s snickers filled the space between his words, as he addressed Lord Summers.

“Ah…she is a cheeky one, is she not? I sense she has spoken her mind often in your midst, Lord Summers?” William asked as his gaze met with her father’s now slightly relaxed one.

While William’s gaze held her father’s, Elizabeth’s eyes glanced over his form. A halo of snow- white hair was placed firmly to his head by hairdressing. Sculpted cheekbones stood proudly from his near perfect alabaster flesh. These prominent features flowed into full lips, which remained raised with a cheeky smile all his own.

Her gaze continued downwards as she appreciated him entirely. Masculine form donned in a black doublet with silver embroidery and inlaid pearls. Laid across his broad chest, a gold livery collar, with the Tudor’s rose hanging from dual portcullis. Black breeches tucked inside thigh length boots.

Sir William was extremely handsome. Elizabeth, despite no knowledge of this man before her, felt slightly enamored with him.

“Yes, Your Grace. Lady Elizabeth is full of intelligence and wit. She will be an excellent addition to court. My understanding of Queen Catherine is she thrives on intelligent conversations and Lady’s with knowledge in worldly notions.” Lord Summers retorted, in an attempt to smooth over her daughter’s wayward speech.

“Yes, My Lord. Queen Catherine does enjoy stimulating conversations, but ones that involve literature and arts. Not which involve means of state or realm. Queen Catherine is a dutiful wife, as well as a loving woman of God. All her Ladies in Waiting follow her example obediently and completely.”

Sir William’s comment struck Elizabeth deep. She knew that his words were meant to belittle her and ‘put her in her place’ as her father so often attempted.

Speaking of the Queen was Sir William’s means. If the Queen is dutiful and holds her tongue, a mere child of an Earl and Countess has no right for thoughts or words.

Any feelings she held only moments earlier, took flight at his next comment, a renewed fury filled Elizabeth.

“Lord Summers, your daughter’s wit will not be necessary to accompany us when we depart for England. Besides her fineries, her beauty is all that is required.”

William’s heated gaze roamed over Elizabeth’s features. His eyes settled upon the slight swell of her breasts, framed by the low, square necked bodice.

Elizabeth’s tongue tensed in her mouth, as biting words formed. Lady Summers knowing her daughter all too well; spoke before her daughter’s tongue lashed the Duke before them.

“Your Grace. You must be tired from your long journey to our home. Fires to ward off the chills of this spring day are blazing within your chambers. Not to be forward, Your Grace, but time to gather your bearings may be recommended. Before the fine meal that we have prepared for your arrival is served.”

Lady Summers’ voice was gentle. It swept through the room, changing all those present. Lord Summers seemed to anger at his wife’s forwardness. William’s gaze moved from her daughter to her. Elizabeth’s clenched jaw released slightly.

“Lady Summers, your recommendation is noted and well received. A rest before the anticipated fine meal that I look forward to, is a wise idea. If all is well at present, I will take my leave to my chambers. Today I rest, morrow a tour of your estate, Lord Summers?” William’s words addressed the three members of the Summers family, but his gaze returned to Elizabeth.

“Your Grace, may I accompany you as you walk to your chambers. Perhaps, a brief discussion of matters not privy to women can be spoken?” Lord Summers inquired, he appeared anxious to discuss the sequestering in full. William’s heated gaze left Elizabeth briefly. Now an annoyed gaze fell upon Lord Summers.

“Lord Summers, I assure you, all will be discussed in due time. I have grown weary of introductions and would like to retire to my chambers.”

Before William turned to leave the hall, he first faced Lady Summers.

“Lady Summers.” William placed a cursory peck upon her hand, as she curtsied. Once he released Lady Summers’ hand, he moved to stand before Elizabeth.

Elizabeth curtsied and raised her hand. Her gaze remained upon William as he gently clutched her fingers. Lingering, but brief, sensual kiss was placed upon her knuckles. The sharp intake of his breath was felt upon her flesh, his eyes closed slightly. Elizabeth attempted to extract her hand, quickly. He had other plans. His grip remained firm, until the dictate of manners required him released her. Both parties returned to full height, as William spoke,

“Lady Elizabeth, I do hope you could accompany Lord Summers and I morrow. Even though your fair beauty may distract from the grounds, your presence is most desired.”

Before Elizabeth could reply, William headed towards the hall door, Lord Summers in tow.


**** ****


Silence fell between both ladies as they walked toward her mother’s bedchambers. Once they entered, Lady Summers dismissed her servants with whispered instructions. Following their respectful curtseys and ‘Yes, my Lady’ each woman exited, leaving Elizabeth and her mother alone. Mentally, Lady Summers’ counted, as she awaited her daughter to speak. She only reached three.

“How DARE he?!?” Elizabeth’s bellow resounded loudly from her chest. Upon her angered question, she started to pace with a wide and fury-filled gait, the length of the chambers several times, before her mother responded.

“Elizabeth, you are his daughter. We both knew this time for you to leave our home was fast approaching. For many of the years, I have had my say of you and your future. Not only in your upbringing, but in matters of your betrothal and attendance to court, which for a woman of any station is unheard of,” Lady Summers explained to her furious child.

Lady Summers stepped in front of her daughter’s storming form to heed her angered movements. Once Elizabeth’s gaze was held with hers, Lady Summers continued to speak,

“Please, my sweet child, understand. As you well know, betrothal you have no choice. No say. A man your father chose for you to wed unfortunately may not appreciate all your amazing qualities. With your service to the Queen, as her Lady in Waiting, you are expected to be unwed, intelligent and worldly. All these qualities and so much more do you possess. While serving under the Queen, you will have opportunities to meet an Earl, Duke or even a Baron in the King’s court. This will ensure a choice. Your choice. Please, see this is a blessing, not a curse.” Lady Summers’ completed her words with a gentle kiss upon her daughter’s hands, which were housed inside hers.


“Mother, I understand why father has done this. I may not agree with his unkind methods, but I understand and accept them, nevertheless,” Elizabeth explained as she gazed upon her mother. Confusion marred Lady Summers’ face from her daughter’s words, until understanding began to fill her wide eyes.

“You are not speaking of your father, are you?”

“Of course not! My knowledge of seventeen years has prepared me for his behaviors. Unfortunately, they have not for the Duke of Suffolk!” Elizabeth resumed her pace. Her hands flailed in annoyance.

“That…that knave is to be my consort to England? A heathen? He was utterly scandalous in his manners! The way he held my hand, how his mouth lingered upon my flesh! Just the manner in which he looked upon me! He inspected me, as if I was a broodmare! I am surprised, he didn’t request father parade me around the hall and display my teeth!”

Lady Summers’ stifled her laugh behind her hand. Her gaze continued to follow her exasperated daughter’s movements. As before, she stepped in front of her. Abruptly, Elizabeth stopped, as she noticed her mother’s smile.

“Mother! I do not find any humor in this situation in the slightest.” With eyes blazing her words seeping from between her teeth.

“My dearest child, this is your first introduction to the appreciation of a man. Due to your limited exposure to those of the male persuasion, with the exception of servants and your father, you are not well versed in how a man…well how a man responds to a young woman, such as yourself.”

“So it is a common place for a man to greet a woman in such a fashion? It is as if women are only in this world for their appreciation? If this is the case mother, I choose to remain an old maid within this manor’s four walls, I assure you,” Elizabeth bit out.

“Elizabeth, such speak is only based on the unknown. If I instructed you in the world outside of literature and the arts, His Grace’s behavior would have been expected if not anticipated. For that, I apologize for not bestowing this knowledge unto you.” A shimmer of tears welled within Lady Summers’ eyes as she spoke to her daughter. Elizabeth’s hardened features softened as she witnessed her mother’s distress.

“Please mother, do not cry. The knowledge that you have bestowed upon me is valued more than the King’s treasures. I assure you, you have made me into a woman of worth, not of lacking,” Elizabeth responded as she wrapped her arms around her mother’s waist and placed her head upon her chest.

Lady Summers’ heart swelled as her only child clutched her. Running loving hands over her daughter’s flaxen tresses, she spoke,

“Elizabeth, you are a beautiful young woman, inside and out. I pray that neither court nor a husband changes this radiant light that emanates from you,” Lady Summers whispered as she placed a gentle kiss upon her daughter’s forehead. Each woman’s gaze held briefly before Elizabeth spoke.

“Since we have but days before I am to set sail, could you please fill my mind with all that is necessary for court life?”

“Of course my sweet child, my knowledge is all but yours,” Lady Summers affirmed.

Placing another chaste kiss upon her daughter’s forehead, she extracted herself for her embrace. With gentle hands, she led Elizabeth toward the chairs located by the large window in her room, where many of their lessons had transpired. She knew that her mother’s knowledge was vast. Elizabeth had no fear that she would prepare her well. The only concern was if her lessons would include how to deal with a knave, such as Sir William.
End Notes:
I hope all enjoyed...please...please review!
Chapter Three by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
Yes...this is the third chapter within a week. Very excited about getting my thoughts posted. This will be a rarity not a given. After this, I'll post once a week. I hope all is enjoying!
Lord Summers excessively prattled about nonsense, or so William believed. Not a word penetrated his thoughts, which were entirely filled with Lady Elizabeth.

She was indeed a rare beauty. In which the King was informed, was the truth, but there was so much more that was not disclosed. The King’s minimal information was almost a travesty to Lady Elizabeth’s exquisiteness. It was to proclaim that the ocean was mere water. The sun was mere light. Lady Elizabeth was lovely. She far surpassed this label. William pondered on a word, in which could describe this fair maiden, none would suffice.

Lady Elizabeth's hair spilled upon her slim shoulders and back, to form a waterfall of golden tresses. Sea green eyes beheld intelligence, spirit and an untamed fire. This fire would consume and lay to waste all those in which were to dance among the flames. Petite, fairy-like features graced her from her slightly upturned nose, to her full, bee-stung lips. Perfect, silky skin caressed her bone in a loving embrace.

In addition to her exquisite features, her mind and tongue were as sharp as a master’s whip and just as stinging. William knew that despite only one opinion fell from her lips, many more churned within her mind. With the complexity of her beauty and mind, he found her highly intriguing.

This spitfire appeared to be his match in every way. William’s grip tightened upon the hilt of his sword, as his mind envisioned numerous debaucheries of the flesh, that each could bestow upon one another. The cock within his breeches lengthened and hardened once again. The first time was upon introduction. From the moment his eyes befell her, his manhood swelled tenfold. William’s mind continued its lust-filled journey. Until one word from Lord Summers seeped into his mind, “King”.

In a flash, as if a wave of icy water deluged his mind, William remembered the reason for this voyage. The King. He had sequestered Lady Elizabeth to feed his desires, not William’s. Despite the strong loyalty that Henry had in their friendship, the King needs were raised well above all others.

William had seen many men suffer ill fates when they poached upon the King’s lands without permission. Despite the hunger that gnawed in their and their family’s bellies, their fate remained the same. To poach from his bed…William shuttered with the thought of what would become of him.

Before the servant opened the door to William’s room, his mind made a decision. Lady Elizabeth was his duty. All other women that exists within the manor, was his for the taking. Since William understood no other nobility graces this home, a servant will do. A mere wench or two, to purge his mind and loins, would quench his thirst for the Lady. With a satisfied smirk, William turned to Lord Summers,

“Yes, Lord Summers. I’ve found your words something for me to ponder upon, while I rest within my chambers. Perhaps, are there some wine and small plate of cheese? I am afraid that my hunger cannot abate until dinner, and since I am in France, these must be staples among the home, is it not?”

“Yes, Your Grace, the finest in the land! I will have a servant fetch these and bring them to your chambers, without delay. Your Grace.” With a slight bow, Lord Summers hurried down the hall.

The servant opened the door for William. Once the Duke, nodded his approval of his accommodations, the servant took leave. William walked around the quaint room, as he took in the sights. He removed his doublet and livery collar, and stood in front of the window. Below the Summers’ grounds were manicured and showed the early stages of spring. In the distance, a magnificent English Elm’s grand limbs filled his vision and inspired awe.

A light knock sounded from the wooden barrier, which stirred William from his thoughts. Upon his command of “Enter”, a servant, a young maiden of sixteen or a little more, entered. Her features were an utter contrast to those of Lady Elizabeth, hair as black as a raven’s wing, large doe eyes, and a buxom form.

“Your Grace.” Upon the placement the desired tray, she curtsied low. Her ample breasts pressed against her bodice and appeared to be magnified, due to the intention of her inner arms, which pressed the sides.

“Your name child?”

“Margaret, Your Grace.”

With a feral grin and without delay, William sampled the wares upon the tray and the woman, named Margaret, with equal zealousness.

**** ****

After a lengthy discussion with her mother on the ways of court, the two women took leave of one another, to prepare for dinner. Elizabeth entered her chambers, while her servants chattered like a flock of birds before a storm. Once she was noticed, the room hushed into a dead silence.

“Why are you ladies so excited? Is it the arrival of the Duke of Suffolk? I assure you, please don’t be fooled by his outward appearance. Face of an angel, heart of a pure demon.” Lady Elizabeth’s words bit out with force, as she looked upon the three other women, which prepared her gown for dinner.

“Lady Elizabeth, please pardon our puffery. It is just, that His Grace is the first nobility to enter our home. Any change from our daily life, will create a bustle.” The other two women tried to contain their mirth, as they lowered their faces.

“Yes Mary, I do understand. I was quite excited myself, once I was privy to his arrival. Now that I’ve met him, let’s just say, my opinion has changed considerably.”

“That is most unfortunate my Lady. In the moments that Margaret has met with His Grace, she stated that he was quite…quite charming,” Mary stated as she stifled her smile. Elizabeth turned sharply to the woman who Mary referred to. Margaret was now busing herself with the gown, while she was facing away from Elizabeth.

“Margaret, of which is Mary referring to? When were you in his presence?” Elizabeth’s heated questions and gaze fell upon the servant. Margaret turned, as she was addressed.

“Lady Elizabeth, I merely brought His Grace a tray of fine cheeses and a jug of wine. Nothing more.”

Margaret’s eyes remained downcast as she answered Elizabeth’s question. Ire raised Elizabeth’s hackles, as she understood with the utmost clarity, what the Duke of Suffolk had partaken in. Without a further word, Elizabeth stormed from her chambers. The clicks of her heels fell upon the stone. Her fury-filled gait headed in one direction, Sir William’s chambers.

**** ****

With angered fists, Elizabeth knocked upon the wooden barrier between she and Sir William. A faint “Enter” fluttered from within. Upon his invite, Elizabeth entered into his chambers. William stood before the window, bathed in the reddish sunlight of the ends of a day.

“Just place what you need to, and take leave,” Sir William ordered, as he mindlessly sipped wine. Eyes remained transfixed on the outside.

“Your Grace.” Elizabeth bit back her annoyance, and addressed him accordingly.

Her words penetrated his mind, and William turned quickly to gaze upon the woman in his chambers.

“Lady Elizabeth. Please excuse my bluntness. I thought you were but another servant. Since my initial tray of cheese, two other servants have come to my chambers, to check upon my well being, or so they stated. I feel that I may be a bit of a novelty to those in your home.”

Without another word, Elizabeth stepped forward, and placed a fierce slap upon his sculptured cheek. William’s face fell slightly to the side from the strike. Instantly, his heated gaze fell upon her equally irate one. Mirth replaced his anger, as his tongue snaked out from his mouth. The pointed tip tapped his front teeth. A feral smirk graced his lips.

Elizabeth’s chest heaved with fury and another emotion, which confused her. Before she could give thought to his emotion, she spoke,

“Your Grace, while you are in my father’s home you will exhibit manners that I feel that you do not adhere to in court. The women of this home, from myself to the servants are to be treated with the utmost respect. We are not here to feed your… your whims. As I am to adhere to the rules of the King’s court, despite my feelings and or thoughts, you shall do so here as well.”

The feral smile that graced his full lips slid away. His gaze bore into hers.

“Lady Elizabeth, I question, are you angered with me for the notion that I have partaken in my manly desires, or could it be that I did not partake of them…with you?”

William’s words dropped in several octaves as he completed his question. Once his words seeped into her mind, Elizabeth’s eyes widened. As her hand came up to strike him once more, William grabbed her wrist in mid-flight.

“Lady Elizabeth, to strike me once was a forgiven offense. A second time, would be unwise. Where are the words that you seem to hold onto so dearly? It appears that I have stricken a nerve from deep within. If I hadn’t, then your biting tongue would have responded, not your hand.”

William held firm upon her wrist. Elizabeth tried to extract herself from his grasp. With a slight tug from William, Elizabeth’s form collided with his. Chests met, both heaving, one muscular, one soft and supple. Without further words, he placed his mouth upon hers.

Passionately he feasted upon her lips. Within moments of their lips touching, William’s tongue exited his mouth and traveled across the seam of her tightened lips. Elizabeth reacted immediately, once she felt his tongue caress her closed lips.

With the speed of a cobra, she bit hard upon his wayward tongue. Only but a few moments she held upon the muscle, before she released. Once freed, dual parties placed their hands to their mouths. One to wipe away the filth that now resided there, the other, to coddle his wounded tongue and to check if it remained intact.

“Your Grace, that is a mere sample of my bite! If you do not wish to have other parts of your form to remain intact, I suggest that you keep them to yourself! Your Grace.” With a slight curtsey, Elizabeth exited William’s chambers.

Once William pulled his hand away, he inspected it for blood. None existed. A myriad of emotions churned within anger, disbelief, and desire. In respects to Lady Elizabeth’s behavior, most men would have stormed from these chambers and speak directly to Lord Summers about her immediate and harsh punishment. She had invoked a completely different reaction from him. William craved her, as he had no other

**** ****

With a swift gait, Elizabeth stormed the halls towards her chambers. Upon entrance, the three servants that were initially present still remained. Each curtsied, head remained bowed low. Elizabeth swiftly passed the two others and approached Margaret. With a tight rein on her anger, she spoke,

“Margaret, I will ask this of you all but once. Any deceit, I will surely know. Did the Duke of Suffolk take advantage of your virtue?”

Elizabeth’s mind flashed to moments earlier. William bathed in the faded sunlight, while he slowly sipped upon the goblet housed at his full lips. Elizabeth shook away these thoughts and tried to concentrate on the task at hand.

“Lady Elizabeth, please, I beg of thee. I must not lose my position here at Summers’ manor. I have no family to call upon and nowhere to go,” Margaret's voice shook. She barely held back her tears.

“I am aware of your predicament Margaret, but the fact remains, I must know the answer to my question. I will ask it one more time, did the Duke of Suffolk take advantage of your virtue?” Elizabeth’s words were harsh. Eyes blazed.

“No, my Lady, he did not. I willingly gave myself unto him.” Margaret’s eyes were rimed with tears. Elizabeth’s eyes grew in fury, as the information pervaded her mind.

“Margaret, I dismiss you from my chambers and as my servant immediately.” Margaret’s eyes widened, Elizabeth continued, “I am not going to speak a word of this indiscretion to Lord and Lady Summers. You will approach the Head of the Home, and request to become part of the kitchen staff.”

“Thank you My Lady. You are generous and kind…” Margaret began to speak, until Elizabeth continued over her,

“Margaret, if it was not for that…that silver tongued knave, your place would have remained within my graces. Now, the mere sight of you, angers me so. I know that servant’s tongue does wag considerably of the goings on in the manor. Yours will especially so, Margaret. You will tell all the other women to stay clear of the Duke. If you must attend to him, do so in pairs. No woman shall be left alone with that beast. Am I clear?” Despite the fury that pulsed through her veins, Elizabeth’s voice remained steady and precise.

“Yes, my Lady. All will be done as your bidding.”

“Take leave of my sight Margaret. Send your younger sister Anne to my chambers. She will now be my servant.” Upon her blunt dismissal, Margaret left her chambers.

With a deep cleansing breath, Elizabeth began addressing the other servants,

“I want it to be known, that I hold no fault with Margaret and her indiscretions with the Duke. As I said before, he is a silver-tongued knave that is well versed in words and cunning. When I confronted him…”

Elizabeth’s words still within her throat, as memories of William’s firm, but soft lips upon hers swirled within her mind. His tongue seeking entrance, in which she forbade, despite the slight unexplained stirrings deep within her being. “Those stirrings…disgust…nothing more,” Elizabeth proclaimed inwardly. Her thoughts were broken, as a woman’s voice ruptured through,

“My Lady Elizabeth, as you were saying?”

“Ah, yes…never thee mind. Avoidance of the Duke is of the utmost importance…for all of us. Now, the blue gown is placed before me, I wish to have the emerald green that was tailored and yet to be worn.” Elizabeth’s voice wavered slightly as she ended her first thought. She then quickly changed subjects. In attempts, to portray confidence that she did not currently feel.



End Notes:
Reviews are loved and cherish!!! Please feed the muse!!!
Chapter Four by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
I hope everyone is enjoying my tale. I so pleased that people are inspired by my words. I've received beautiful reviews and banners...I love and appreciate all of them. Please, please keep them coming! Thank you Vette for this beautiful banner. Thank you also to Pari for her past two contributions. Keep reading there are more magnificent banners and words to come!
Seated in front of the hearth, William’s gaze was lost among the flames that danced within. Tumultuous thoughts ran continuously throughout his mind. Prior to his voyage to France, he never questioned his and other’s roles within his world. Men and women had their own distinct functions… men to stimulate his mind, women his loins.

Men were placed upon this earth to advance civilizations and rule those of weaker beings and minds…uneducated men, the young and women. Especially women. Women were placed upon this earth to bear children, manage a household, and bring happiness upon their master…a man.

Within mere moments, Lady Elizabeth had taken his once firm beliefs and scattered them to the winds. This tiny, but fierce creature with a sharp tongue and wit, stirred his loins and mind completely. Never before, had these two halves of his being, intertwined.

William ran the pads of his fingertips across his lips. He recalled her full lips upon his. His eager tongue, which sought entrance within the heated cavern of her mouth, was denied, and fiercely so. The sting of her teeth and words still burned his being.

He undeniably craved Lady Elizabeth. She in turn, despised his very being. This knowledge was clearly bestowed upon him, within the brief moments she was in his chambers.

Initially, while her heated words flowed, he mistakenly believed that jealously, had swirled within her green depths. This mistake was quickly amended, with the sting of her bite, both figuratively and truly.

Not only was Lady Elizabeth’s blatant denial, a barrier for his pursuit, a more pressing concern loomed within William’s mind. The King. He was here, within France, within the Summers’ manor, upon the King’s demand, not his own. His previous silent declaration rang through his mind,

“Lady Elizabeth is my duty.”

William acknowledged that he belonged fully to his King. His loyalty knew no bounds for Henry, his confident in all means and his sovereign lord and master.

Upon a deep sigh of resignation, William made a silent vow. In being the King’s humble servant, he will abide his will. Lady Elizabeth will become Henry’s mistress. Regardless, how fiercely William’s mind, body and soul cried out, for him to possess her entirely.

**** ****

Elizabeth was seated within her chambers, awaiting her father’s arrival, to escort her to the banquet hall. A firm knock upon the door, resounded throughout the room, which called forth one of her servants to respond. Upon opening, she curtsied, acknowledged the person who stood over the threshold, and removed herself from the doorway. Elizabeth proceeded forward.

Elizabeth’s movements stilled, eyes widened, as she viewed the person before her, Sir William. The crown of his fair tresses, greeted her gaze, as he remained bowed. His deep baritone voice caressed his words as he spoke, “Lady Elizabeth.” Subsequent to his acknowledgment of the majestic woman before him, he rose to meet her uncertain gaze. His eyes lingered briefly upon her. Within moments, her beauty was burned upon his mind.

A gown of the finest emerald silk caressed her flawless form. A-lined bodice with small pearls, adorned the edge. Long flowing, belled sleeves encased her arms, and placed silky kisses upon her hands. From her tiny waist, the skirt slightly flared, which flowed into a train behind her.

William blinked quickly to dispel his stare. With his earlier decisions brought forward, his eyes met hers.

While Elizabeth studied Sir William, she noticed profound differences. Gone was the earlier smirk, which had lingered upon his lips, as for the mirth that once blazed within his eyes. Replaced by what appeared to be, humility and if one could believe, shyness. Prior to her response, William spoke,

“Lady Elizabeth, I would like to extend an olive branch of peace unto you.” He brought forward a single, long stemmed rose, from behind his back. Elizabeth ’s brow rose slightly from his offering. As before, he spoke prior to her response,

“Yes, well, a true olive branch would have been difficult to procure, within the short amount of time I had. Let this rose bud symbolize a new beginning. If I may?” William bowed before her, for a second time. He began addressing her, once he returned to a full height,

“Lady Elizabeth, it is a profound pleasure to meet your acquaintance. It would be my privilege to be your escort this evening, if you so have me.”

She smiled softly, while she beheld this stunning man before her. Dressed in an onyx velvet doublet, accented with silver trim and jeweled buttons. A silver livery collar with the Tudor’s rose, adorned his broad chest. His legs encased by black hosiery and thigh high leather boots. With a curtsey, she followed his lead,

“Your Grace, I accept your offer.”

Following their pleasantries and a slight nod of acceptance, Elizabeth moved in the hallway. With a grand sweep of his right arm, William encouraged her forward. Once she advanced several steps, he took the position, on her left side. His hand rested upon the hilt of his sword, as he heard her softly whisper,

“Avec le bras gauche du diable travaille ses actes.” With a hearty laughter, William reacted. Each continued their steady pace, as he responded,

“Indeed, Lady Elizabeth. With the left arm the devil works his deeds. I assure you, despite your notions of me and my behaviors, I am not the devil himself. This facade, that you claim I maintain, is nothing more than mere handsomeness.”

“Your Grace, your modesty bewilders me,” Elizabeth responded with a stifled smile. A scarred eyebrow rose slightly, as William commented,

“May I be so bold to inquire, is only the male persuasion privy to the bite of your tongue?”

“No, Your Grace. Not one gender is immune to its sting. With my knowledge of the male persuasion, it appears that it needs to be utilized far more often.”

“If my understanding in correct, your knowledge is quite limited, Lady Elizabeth. The males that you have known do not represent all. Whether it be in behavior, humor, or understanding of such behavior.”

Elizabeth stilled, as she faced Sir William. He mirrored her actions. William could see the wrath fill her gaze. Before she could comment, he softly spoke to her,

“Lady Elizabeth, I do not say this to you to anger, but to educate. I am afraid that once you enter the King’s court, you will be swallowed whole. A woman with a fierce disposition and fiercer words is not accepted, especially not by the King nor his Queen. Within moments of your ire, your dismissal would be swift. Disgrace would befall you and your family. It pains me to suggest for you to change your very being, for myself, I find you utterly astonishing.” William’s eyes lowered upon his last words.

Without a further word, Elizabeth placed her hand gently upon his. Once his enticing blue eyes rose to meet her intense green gaze, she spoke,

“Thank you, Your Grace. Your knowledge of the world outside this estate is profound, where mine has yet to begin. I will idle my tongue. My mind, on the other hand, will move just the same.” A sweet smile graced her lips. Her gaze fixated on the man before her.

“I wouldn’t expect anything less, Lady Elizabeth,”

William responded with a slight nod. Both parties resumed their movements, as they headed towards the banquet hall. Silence fell between the two, until Elizabeth spoke once more,

“Just know, that despite my claims of an idle tongue for the masses, this does not include my father nor Your Grace.” Elizabeth stifled her laughter, until the deep baritone melody of William’s amusement filled the air,

“Lady Elizabeth, I could not hope for a more magnificent pledge than that.

Their laughter continued, until they reached the dual wooden doors of the hall and the feast that lies within.



End Notes:
Reviews are loved and cherish...please bestow unto me
Chapter Five by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
I hope everyone is enjoying! I truly appreciate everyone's reviews! They really keep the story flowing within my mind. A huge thanks to Sanityfair, for without her, my stories would be riddled with mistakes and completely worth nothing.
Traces of mirth remained upon William and Elizabeth’s faces as they passed through the wooden doors of the banquet hall. Savory aromas of the feast and soothing harmonies of the violin, flute, lute and viol, encompassed their senses. Lord Summers had spared no expense, for the Duke of Suffolk’s arrival.

A magnificent centerpiece, of passé crassane pears and cardinal-red tulips, which formed an edifice of pure delight for the senses, lay upon the table, with numerous spring floral arraignments encircling it. Servants cleansed William and Elizabeth’s hands with water then escorted them to their seats.

Positioned on either end of the lengthy trestle table were Lord and Lady Summers. William sat closer to Lord Summers. Elizabeth sat athwart her mother, upon the alternate side of William. Once William took his position, Lord Summers’ voice filled the air; a barrage of questions fell from his lips to the Duke’s ears.

Service of the aromatic meal began during this one-sided conversation. The first course consisted of civet of hare with wild mushrooms and onions, spit-roasted pig and sturgeon, which was delicately seasoned. While the foursome enjoyed their meal, the second course followed. This consisted of roe deer, quail and a steak pie set within a coffin of flaky pastry. Plates of silver remained full as each person sampled the delicious creations set before them. Throughout the meal music, conversation, and wine flowed freely.

William and Elizabeth traded numerous inconspicuous glances. During one lengthy, appreciative glance at William, Elizabeth began to question all that had transpired since their initial meeting.

She herself was amazed how this man had instilled fury and calmness within her being, with mere words and actions. One moment, she was enraged due to his almost scandalous behavior during their introductions and increased tenfold by his nefarious behavior with Margaret. Then, as if another man had taken over his body, he presented her tokens of apologies; with kind words and a thoughtful gift. The Duke of Suffolk was a total enigma to Elizabeth, which she was intrigued to solve.

“I believe I was wrong about the Duke. I shall grant him leniency, I may have been too hasty…” Elizabeth’s words stilled within her mind, as she overheard her father’s and Sir William’s present conversation.

“…and the delivery of cheese and wine, did it quell your hunger Your Grace?” A devious smile graced Lord Summers’ lips, upon his words to Sir William.

“Yes, it was quite delectable Lord Summers. Every morsel was devoured with equal vigor,” Sir William retorted with a devilish grin.

Once William spoke the words, he felt someone’s eyes upon him. His gaze moved from Lord Summers to the other end of the table, more specifically to Lady Elizabeth. Angry eyes, sharp as daggers, beheld him. Her fury filled gaze matched the sharpened knife clutched within her petite fist. William was ignored when he attempted to sooth her wrath with a toast of wine.

“Your mouth needs to be fitted with a metal bit William, if you are to make it back to England in one piece,” He thought to himself, while he lowered his goblet and focused on his meal.

Served next was the third course. Placed before them were a plethora of darioles filled with custard, fine wines, preserves, passé crassane pears with white cream, cheese slices and other delightful pastries. All partook of the feast of sweets, all but Elizabeth. Her anger boiled within her veins and caused her desire for these delectable sweets to abate due to the Duke’s crass words and devilish grin.

“Such a fool, I am! The devil does not change, only transforms. He never strays from his true nature,” Elizabeth inwardly berated herself. Within moments of her own thoughts, Lord Summers’ heightened words dispelled Elizabeth’s inner monologue.

“Elizabeth, if you have completed your meal it would be of the greatest pleasure to hear your angelic voice sing us a song. Your Grace will be pleased to hear such sweet melodies. Since the only noises for the past month, were those of the waves licking upon the bow of his ship and boisterous sea faring men.”

Lord Summers’ request was full of pride and quite boisterous in itself as he addressed his only daughter. Elizabeth’s gaze beheld the Duke’s as she responded to her father’s request,

“My Lord, I have to decline such a request. I feel quite ill due to ingesting honeyed substances of which I’m unaccustomed. However, fear not, in the future I will not partake in them ever again, so I shall remain unburdened with this type of illness. If I may be excused, I should like to retire to my chambers.”

Upon her words, Elizabeth, with the aid of a servant, left the table and the hall. William knew, without a doubt, that she referred to his ‘honeyed’ words, not the food that lay before her. As she spoke, he tried to apologize with his gaze. This only seemed to infuriate her more.

The final course continued beyond Elizabeth’s departure. Even though Lord Summers’ conversation continued, his words never penetrated William’s mind, which was fixated upon Lady Elizabeth and coming into her good graces again. William knew this would be a feat difficult to accomplish, if at all.

Once the feast concluded, Lady Summers retired to her chambers, and the men entered into Lord Summers’ solar suite. Flanked on either side of the hearth, wine in hand, Lord Summers’ initiated the discussion of Lady Elizabeth’s sequester.

“Your Grace, I would like to extend my gratitude to the King and to yourself for the procurement of my daughter Elizabeth. I feared due to the lack of betrothal at this time, Elizabeth would have remained a spinster well into her twenties. In addition, I fear since Elizabeth has yet to experience court that she may be overwhelmed at first. I assure you, Lady Summers will school her of the proper etiquette and the expectations of her, both from Queen Catherine, as well as from the King. I promise that all will be in place upon your leave,” Lord Summers attempted to assure the Duke with appeasing words.

“Lord Summers, I have no question that Lady Elizabeth will be a pleasant addition to court. I have yet one question about her. Is her ire easily placated?” William inquired with hope.

“Alas Your Grace, that is a quality that has yet to be tamed. Her anger is equal to a man’s. I fear that I have been too lenient with discipline in regard to her wayward tongue and temper. I intend to extinguish this quality, as well as her other faults before your voyage. My heavy hand will assure this,” Lord Summers’ avowed with a slight bite in his tone, which exhibited his own anger towards his daughter’s behaviors.

“And prior, how did you quell her wrath?” William’s words came forward as uninterested, a contradiction to how he truly felt.

“Time Your Grace, time is the only medicine for that ailment.”

Lord Summers’ answered, while he raised his goblet in a silent toast. Inwardly, William sighed, with the great task he had set before him.

If William presented Lady Elizabeth to the King with the current feelings, she held for him, surely, the King would be angered.

“I need to make amends to Lady Elizabeth for my behavior, for the King’s benefit,” William inwardly scolded himself. William needed to apologize for that reason alone, or so he attempted to convince himself.

**** ****

Elizabeth’s irritation still seethed within, as she prepared to retire for the evening. Sitting in front of her vanity, her mind wandered slightly as she brushed her golden tresses. Each hypnotic stroke lessened her ire. Her eyes closed with enjoyment. A light knock upon her door broke Elizabeth from her now calmed disposition.

A servant answered the door and after initial acknowledgement of who was upon the threshold, she called forth Lady Elizabeth. Believing that it was her father, to scold her for her early retreat from dinner, Elizabeth pulled her robe closer around her as she approached.

“Father, I am sorry for my early retirement. I was feeling…” Elizabeth’s words froze. Her gaze met Sir William.

“Lady Elizabeth, I understand that this is not proper time for a visit unto your chambers, I apologize. It’s is of utmost importance…” William’s words were rushed. He attempted to speak before he was met with her fury-filled words, or most likely the wooden barrier that was, for the moment, ajar.

“Your Grace, there is no proper time for you to visit my chambers. I suggest that in the future forget where it lies within this manor. In addition, your apology is unnecessary. I am aware of your true nature, forgetting was my mistake. A dog, even though well trained by its master, is still an animal even so. Now, if you will excuse me, this conversation has met its end. Your Grace.”

Upon her curtsey, Elizabeth proceeded to close the door. The Duke’s strong hand upon the wood broke the barrier, and his words filled the air,

“Please Lady Elizabeth, I beg for your forgiveness yet again. I do not wish for you to hold ill thoughts nor feelings toward me. Especially, since our journey together has yet to begin. If you fail to speak with me my sanity may be no more once we reach England.”

William attempted to appease Elizabeth with his words. He knew that she might deny him regardless, but he needed to make an attempt.

“Your Grace, as I said before, forgiveness is not mine to give since this is in your nature. Only God can forgive you for your behaviors. If need be, ask Lord Summers to fetch a priest in the morn if you so feel the desire to purge your misdeeds. Now, please do not plague my door anymore this Eve nor any other. Goodnight Your Grace.”

William was too stunned by Elizabeth’s words. When she pushed the door closed, it did so. Only the loud sound of closure broke him from his bewilderment.

As William turned away and walked towards his chambers, his thoughts were plagued. He had never in all his years, apologized in such a fashion to a woman for his behavior. He begged for her forgiveness and her denial had upset him greatly. Normally, brief silky words or a charming smile easily swayed even the angriest of women. Usually these empty placating means had been delightful, these once angered women, sharing his bed.

Elizabeth easily unveiled each façade and addressed them completely. William was fully displeased with himself due to his words within the banquet hall. Even though he mirrored Lord Summers’ lecherous grin and tone, he had not felt that way. His past misdeeds toward Lady Elizabeth were wrong, and he had hoped that his apologies had erased them. Despite, endless denials, in an instant reality set in.

“How could I love a woman, I have not known less than a day?” William questioned himself. Within an instant, his mind formed an answer, “Time matters not. Elizabeth is your destiny. This fact was known the moment you set eyes upon her. Only denial and loyalty to the King had swayed this fact. With the truth known and accepted, the only issue would be how to convince her and the King of this matter. This will be a feat unto itself, but I am willing to perform all mean within my being, or die trying.”

Upon this firm inward declaration, William continued toward his chambers to plan his next attempt to win the lovely Elizabeth.
End Notes:
Reviews are cherished and loved...thanks!
Chapter Six by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
I hope that everyone is enjoying. Please let me know. All reviews are welcomed; positive, negative and the in-between. Thanks always to Sanityfair!
Elizabeth’s sleep was plagued with dreams of the silver tongue devil, with eyes of blue. His mere presence unnerved her. She was restless and unable to sleep. She greeted the morn, before the rooster heralded its arrival. The majestic array of colors that danced within the morning light was truly breathtaking.

Elizabeth felt slightly forlorn, since in two morns time, she would no longer be watching the sunrise from her bedroom. Silent tears fell. Fears she may never see her beloved family or home again, pervaded her thoughts.

A soft knock upon her chamber door pulled Elizabeth from her thoughts. She quickly dried her tears and called her servants to enter. Following their curtseys, the two women approached her.

“Good morn Lady Elizabeth, we hope you have slept well.”

“Yes, I slept fairly well. Especially due to the whirlwind of changes that transpired, but yesterday.”

Elizabeth’s own words sounded foreign to her ears. She moved from the chair to the window then turning, sat at the vanity. Elizabeth awaited the maids that were present to aid in her morning routine.

Elizabeth’s thoughts wandered, while one woman washed her feet, the other with gentle strokes, brushed her flaxen tresses; she remained distant.

Quietly, another servant entered. Once she curtsied and addressed Lady Elizabeth, she approached her. Upon the servant’s words, Elizabeth’s mind cleared with renewed interest.

“Lady Elizabeth, I have a message for you.”

“From whom?” Elizabeth inquired with slight interest.

"I was instructed not to say," Anne shifted slightly, while her gaze remained downturned.

“Well, enough intrigue Anne, please bestow upon me this gift,” Ire now laced Elizabeth's words. She requested the object with an upturned palm.

Anne pulled from her pocket, a crimson velvet satchel. Elizabeth’s eyes widened slightly, while Anne placed the gift upon her palm. As if this object was fragile, Elizabeth proceeded to cup her upturned hand with the other. She slowly brought it forward then placed them upon her lap.

With trembling fingers, she lifted the fabric, disclosing what lay beneath. Nestled upon the velveteen, was a golden necklace, adorned with a dozen emeralds. Each green gem sparkled in the morning light. The women remained silent, as they beheld the stunning gift.

“It’s so exquisite,” Elizabeth whispered in awe. While she ran her fingers tentatively over each smooth gem. “Anne, to whom do I thank for bestowing me with such a gift?” Elizabeth’s eyes were wide with excitement, matching the smile upon her lips.


Without a word, Anne handed Elizabeth a small piece of neatly folded parchment. Reluctantly, Elizabeth removed both hands from the necklace. She carefully unfolded the note. Reading the words, she held the parchment with one hand, the other returned to the gift upon her lap. Immediately, her eyes beheld writing upon the page.

Lady Elizabeth,

My wish was to present this gift, unto you in person. Unfortunately, I believed subsequent to our partings last Eve, you would not receive my presence so freely. I fear I have caused you great distress. My intensions were to sooth, not to exasperate. Alas, intensions are a fool’s errand, I am afraid. Regrettably, my careless words and distasteful behavior, has dismissed what little tolerance you had bestowed upon me prior.

Please accept this small token of my affections. Emeralds change color, when surrounded with deception and treachery. Wear them close to your heart, to ensure that none of these travesties will befall you in the future, by my words or actions.

Forever your Humble Servant,

William


Elizabeth reread his words several times before she placed the page upon her vanity. A myriad of feeling swirled within; awe, ire, delight, trepidation, utter confusion. The enigma that was the Duke of Suffolk, invoked inner turmoil

Elizabeth’s gaze remained transfixed upon her gift. She attempted to decide if it would be proper to keep his offering. She began to speak her thoughts aloud. The servants listened attentively, as each stilled their previous movements.

“I simply cannot accept this gift. To do so, would appear that I forgive Sir William of his trespasses against others and myself within this home. Which, I do not. He is still a knave and shall not be trusted. Furthermore, he must be aware, trinkets, sweet words and a handsome face will not buy me. There must be merit to his actions. He must do them with honesty. Not selfish means, which this clearly is.” During her monologue, Elizabeth extracted her feet from the water, stood and began to pace. Her gaze held firmly upon the necklace.

“All valid reasons, My Lady,” Anne stated, once Elizabeth’s words stilled a moment.

“Thank you Anne, I have yet finished. The next question is how to return this gift. Shall I send back the gift, with his letter and a counter letter of my own, informing him of my thoughts in reference to his gift? I assure you, I shall fill the letter with words sharp as my very tongue. Another version of return, I could send back his gift and letter, without a response. Have you deliver it to his person, with no explanation given. My silence and denial the only answers he will receive. Then another possibility…” Anne’s query interrupted Elizabeth.

“If I may be so bold Lady Elizabeth? For a gift that you are adamant about returning, there are many thoughts that plague your mind. Are your words to convince us or yourself, as to why you should deny such a lovely gift?”

Elizabeth’s movement abruptly ceased. She looked down upon the exquisite necklace, with wonderment. Her gaze then rose to Anne.

“Clearly, myself; I know my thoughts on his behaviors, which were abhorrent, have not changed. However, this exquisite gift is beyond a simple apology. I know not of games of the heart. Where, I assure you, the Duke of Suffolk, is quite fluent. This is all so confusing, I know not how to proceed,” Elizabeth’s voice wavered. Her gaze returned to the necklace.

“Lady Elizabeth, may I suggest?” Elizabeth proceeded to sit in front of her vanity, attentive gaze now fixed upon Anne.

“Please Anne; I feel that my lack of knowledge has caught me unaware. With a man such as the Duke, this is a precarious place to be.”

“Accept Your Grace’s gift. Wear it upon your neck this very day. When he queries, your reasons for doing so, give sparing answers. Act if it as you receive gifts often and this is but another to the many you have acquired. This nonchalant behavior will give equal measure as fierce words from your tongue.”

Anne’s words were clear and concise. During her suggestions, Elizabeth’s features shifted from hesitant to decisive. At the end, a teasing smirk hovered upon her lips.

“Anne, you are a profound addition to my servants. I feel I will be seeking your council in the future in regard to such matters,” Elizabeth stated with a definitive nod.

“My Lady, your statements fill me with utter delight. My ear is at the ready for your words.” Anne’s words ended with a deep curtsey, before she aided the other servants who returned to attend to Elizabeth.

“As my ear, is at the ready for yours. If you could please…” Upon her words, Elizabeth lifted the necklace up. With her eyes, she encouraged Anne to take the piece. She held her long tresses up, while Anne placed the necklace upon her. Anne fastened the clasp, and Elizabeth released her hair. Four gazes fell upon the vision reflected in the mirror.


**** ****
Following a quaint breakfast with her mother, Elizabeth proceeded to the gardens. Despite her mother’s frequent gazes at her neck, she did not question how Elizabeth had acquired this necklace. Elizabeth remained silent as well, unsure how to broach the subject herself.

With leisurely strides, the inviting spring day surrounded her, a myriad of colors: yellows, purples and reds, stretched out before her. The warm rays of the sun, danced upon everything that lay within its reach. Elizabeth ran her fingertips over the soft petals, which blossomed to drink in the day. Sweet melodies, of the birds echoed within the air. Preoccupied with her surroundings; Elizabeth did not hear anyone approach.

“Beautiful.”

Elizabeth startled by the deep baritone voice disturbing her tranquil sanctuary. Her hand flew to her breast, while she turned towards the voice.
“Your Grace! You have startled me! I am usually the only person that visits the gardens. Father feels they just weeds, and mother’s condition doesn’t allow her to remain in the sun for too long.”

“Please Lady Elizabeth, accept my apology. I was merely commenting on the beauty surrounding me. I had no means to cause distress.”

“No, you have caused none, just merely startled me. If I may impose, what brings you outside? Surely, my father would not have suggested indulging in your presence out here.”

“No, he did not suggest here exactly. He said he and I would be touring his lands today. I assume, since he inquired the type of saddle I required, we are traveling afar.”

“Ah, father is planning to show you the furthest reaches of his domain. Despite being one of the deadly sins, father does indulge in pride quite a bit.”
“As do all men, Lady Elizabeth, as do we all. Speaking of which, I see that you have received my gift.”

“Gift?”

“Yes, the one you wear upon your neck.”

“Yes, your gift. Your Grace, I assure you, my father will be grateful for your thoughtfulness. I was unaware, until your letter, that emeralds hold such power. As one would wear a cross to protect oneself from the devil, I shall too, wear this to protect me from his deception and treachery. May I pry and inquire if my mother’s gift was emeralds as well? I fear that deception and treachery can lie within every facet of our lives. All ladies must be protected.”

“I fear that I have not given such a gift unto your mother. I felt her husband’s protection from deviousness and treachery, would be sufficient.”

“I see. Well, I will have to inform Lord Summers of this power emeralds hold. May I inquire? Where did you procure the necklace?”

“Once I landed the village just outside of port. It is a tradition of mine, that during my travels, I collect rare beauties from the land I visit. These excursions make the voyage much more tolerable.”

“If this rare beauty makes your voyage more tolerable, why bestow this unto me?” Elizabeth’s hand gestured towards her necklace while she spoke.

“Once my gaze fell upon you Lady Elizabeth, even the most precious gems in the entire world, could not compare to your beauty. Since I will be bringing you back to England, I feel that your accompaniment is the most exquisite find I’ve had the pleasure of obtaining.”

Upon William’s words, a furrow marred Elizabeth’s brow. Her disdain from his comment filled her features and words as she spoke,

“Your Grace, I am not yours to do as you will. I shall not be cataloged with your other procurements. If you will excuse me, I must take leave.” Prior to her turning, William’s voice stilled her movements,

“Lady Elizabeth, please. I feel that each time I’m in your presence; I speak or act in a manner you find offensive. It is not my intension. Far be it so.”

William’s soft, pleading words struck deeply within Elizabeth. Despite how often his words did offend her, she could tell by his expression, he did not mean to cause her distress. After several moments of his sincere gaze meeting hers, she spoke,

“I too must apologize. You are only attempting to smooth over ill actions and words, which I seem to trigger even more.”

“If I may be so bold to state Lady Elizabeth, I am but a man who has always found comfort in words. It seems I forget myself when I am in your presence. Which, you have bared witness to, many times. In all my years, I have never had the pleasure to encounter such an intriguing and exquisite woman. I feel as if I am a young man with no knowledge of speech, instead of a man of thirty years.”

“Your Grace, since your arrival, each of us has shared in a fierce battle of words. At this moment, I feel we should start anew. I would like to extend a white flag, in a show of good faith.”

Elizabeth extracted an intricately embroidered handkerchief, from the folds of her dress. With a teasing smile adorning her lips, she handed it to William, as she spoke,

“Please do not construe this as surrender.”

William gently extracted the swatch of fabric from her hand. His heart swelled with this simple act. As he addressed her, a mirrored smile met hers,

“Oh course Lady Elizabeth. Please understand, conquering you was never my intension. I only want to reside peacefully within your good graces.”

“If I may say, you have been the most formidable opponent,” Elizabeth’s voice remained teasing upon her declaration. William’s voice softened as he responded,

“Lady Elizabeth, from this moment on, I hope you see me in a different light, no longer an opponent.”

“As you wish, Your Grace.”

Upon Elizabeth’s words, a stable hand approached and spoke after his bow,

“Your Grace, Lord Summers is awaiting your attendance. Your steed is prepared for your ride.”

“Thank you. Please inform Lord Summers, I will be but a moment.”

“Yes, Your Grace.” Upon his words, the stable hand bowed and took leave.

Once the stable hand moved slightly away from the pair, William’s soothing, voice addressed Elizabeth,

“My presence is sequestered, My Lady. Begrudgingly, I must take leave from you.”

William lowered himself with a bow then returned to full height. Elizabeth proceeded with a curtsey and raised her hand toward him. William’s gaze remained fixed upon Elizabeth’s, while he placed a lingering, tender kiss upon her hand. Once his lips moved from her skin, his gaze remained upon hers as he spoke,

“My Lady. Until this Eve, I will be counting the moments.”

“Your Grace, this Eve."

William took leave of Elizabeth with gradual strides, as he followed the direction of the stable hand. While he walked, he brought her handkerchief to his nose, breathing deeply. Utter contentment filled his features, from the sweet aroma enmeshed in the fabric, rose water, lavender and her pure essence.
Elizabeth gaze followed Sir William until he disappeared from sight. Leisurely she walked towards a stone bench among the spring flowers. As she sat upon the bench, her thoughts filled with Sir William, all the while her fingertips tenderly stroked the necklace upon her throat.


**** ****


William did not see Elizabeth until that evening. As he entered within the banquet hall, he noticed her immediately. As the night before, she sat beside her mother; dressed in stunning crimson, highlighting his gift beautifully. The elation that filled William from earlier, still lingered. Once he noted his necklace upon her throat, it soared once more.

William’s gaze remained upon Elizabeth, while both women continued to exchange conversation in low tones. Once William sat, the dinner commenced.

As last Eve, Lord Summers spared no expense, the extravagant feast brought forward. During the meal, Elizabeth and William traded lingering glances and demure smiles.

Upon completion of the third course, William gently tapped his knife upon his goblet. The slight vibration from the silver caused the other diners to look toward him. He stood, slightly raising his cup, while he addressed the others,

“If I may, I would like to propose a toast to the Lord and Lady of this manor.” With his words, William raised his goblet higher, first toward Lord Summers then toward Lady Summers. Each raised their goblet in return. Once each drank in toast, William spoke once more,

“If it pleases each of you, sleep had eluded me last Eve. During that time, I had composed a ballad that I would like to present to all of you.”

Upon Lord Summers’ slight nod, William rounded the table. Within in moments, he stood before the musicians, which were now silent. William motioned towards the lute that one young man held. Gently, he took the instrument. William then sat upon a chair, which the young man vacated, and he placed the lute upon his thigh. William strummed the strings several times, before his deep baritone voice rang out,

Early one morning,
Just as the sun was rising,
I heard a maid sing,
In the valley below.

Oh, don't deceive me,
Oh, never leave me,
How could you use
A poor maiden so?

Thus sang the poor maiden,
Her sorrows bewailing,
Thus sang the poor maid,
In the valley below.

Oh, don't deceive me,
Oh, never leave me,
How could you use
A poor maiden so?


Once the last chord rang out, each person stood, especially Elizabeth, and clapped with enthusiasm for William’s ballad. With a slight bow and a warm smile upon his lips, William returned to his seat. For the rest of the Eve, William and Elizabeth’s gazes increased and lingered longer than before.




End Notes:
I know that Early One Morning was written by William Chapelle in 1855-1859, well after this time, but this will be one of the liberties that I stated I was going to take in the story. However, as a side note, it is believed that this song came from Henry Howard’s poetry called THE FORSAKEN LOVER DESCRIBETH AND
FORSAKETH LOVE. http://www.luminarium.org/renlit/oloathsome.htm Now, Henry Howard lived from 1517-1547. He had nobility on both sides of his family and was raised at Windsor Castle with Henry VIII illegitimate son Henry Fitzroy. He is also first cousin with Anne Boleyn. He, Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn traveled to France at one time also. So, I actually didn’t take too much of a liberty…did I?
Chapter Seven by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
I hope everyone is enjoying. As always, hugs to my beta Sanityfair. She is absolutely the best! Without you babe, this would be for naught.
The subsequent morn, Elizabeth awoke with a jubilant smile gracing her lips. She maintained the smile, throughout her dressing and morn meal with her mother. Lady Summers took great pleasure from her daughter’s disposition, which she commented upon,

“I see that my daughter has greeted the day with a light heart.”

“Yes, mother, today is a wonderful day,” Buffy commented while her fingers absently brushed upon the emeralds adorning her neck. “I would welcome your company in the gardens, while we continue to discuss my duties as a Lady in Waiting.”

“I would love nothing more my sweet daughter, but I fear the sun would invoke the demon to return within my mind,” Lady Summers response held a saddened quality, while she lightly placed her hand to her temple.

“Mother, the clouds do offer cover today. The day is tepid, but overcast with large fluffy clouds. We also can reside under our elm. Much shade will be given to blot out the hurtful sun,” Elizabeth’s words were light, but pleading. She hoped her mother would join her outside. She worried due to her condition, she didn’t leave the manor’s walls often enough.

“Tis fine, my sweet Elizabeth, you have convinced me quickly; I do so love the outdoors. I fear that my condition has forced this well loved luxury out of my life. Following our meal, let us head to the gardens. The early morn sun is less fierce now. This will further hinder my exposure, if the clouds so choose to part.”

“Delightful! I am so pleased mother. I am but finished, if you would care to take leave now?” Elizabeth’s voice brimmed with excitement, while she quickly patted the corners of her mouth with a linen napkin.

“You are full of spirit today. I take great pleasure in seeing you in such a state. It does well for my tired and weary bones,” Lady Summers’ jested, while she mirrored her daughter’s actions.

“Mother, the bitterness of the winter and the manor’s walls has placed your body in hibernation. It is time to awaken it and welcome the spring,” Elizabeth stated lightheartedly, while she removed herself from her seat and approached her mother.

Lady Summers’ stood as she waved away her daughter’s hands. Lady Summers’ murmured with jest, “I’m not that old,” which in turn caused Elizabeth to laugh. The servants brought forward light cloaks for both women. Once donned, they headed towards the gardens.


**** ****


William awakened from sweet dreams of his fair Elizabeth. Their bodies intimately entwined, bestowing desired-filled strokes and kisses upon one another. Beneath his nightshift, his manhood had swelled to almost painful proportions.

He would remedy this quickly, were he still in England. One of his servants would fetch one of the many ladies that resided within the castle walls. It was common for him to release his seed, sometimes twice, before his morn meal.

He knew upon brief discussions with Lord Summers, that the same would be true here with the servants. Regardless of his ache, William would not partake. He only desired one woman to relieve his pain, Elizabeth. While his mind brought forward the images that laced his dreams, his hand eagerly found his cock. With swirled tugs, William bestowed pleasure upon himself. This was not comparable to the sheath of a woman’s quim, but he would make do.

William vowed to ignore his lust, which lasted only moments at a time. This minor time was incomparable to the growing desire between, he and Elizabeth. Her beautiful smile, pleasant voice, quick wit, her petite womanly form, the swell of her pert breasts…within moments, William released his warm seed upon his fist. With heavy pants, he began to slow his movements upon his flesh, until his hand finally stilled. He pulled his spent form from the bedding. With unsteady legs, he walked towards the water basin, and washed his spendings away.

Once cleaned, William called out to his servants, who entered before his echo vanished, quickly bringing his morn meal, as well as his day’s attire. William was aware he and Lord Summers were due to tour the grounds surrounding the manor. He hoped Elizabeth had similar plans to reside outside this day. The mere sight of her was the only reason that made leaving his bed and the realm of his dreams bearable. Her actual presence far surpassed his dreams.


**** ****


William met with Lord Summers while he walked the manor’s hallways toward the garden.

“Your Grace. I hope that slumber did not elude you last Eve. I would hate for you to not find rest while within my home.”

“No, Lord Summers, my body found much rest last Eve. I feel refreshed and awaiting further explorations of your grounds. We will be on foot today, will we not?” William asked, in hopes his subtle hint would not go unnoticed by Lord Summers.

“Yes Your Grace. We will be on foot. There are many impressive lands that surround this manor; a slower pace is needed to enjoy them.” Lord Summers’ words brimmed with pride, while his steps matched William’s.

“Delightful, let’s proceed.”


**** ****


Once the men passed over the threshold, William’s gaze searched for Elizabeth. Off in the distance, he noticed Lady Summers seated under a grand English elm he had admired his first day here. William believed that Elizabeth must be with her. His strides increased as he moved forward. Lord Summers kept pace. Within moments, William passed through the garden gate, and headed toward the tree.

As he suspected and hoped, there upon the ground, sat Elizabeth and Lady Summers, deep in conversation, not until William bowed and announced himself, did the women look upon him.

“Your Grace, forgive us for not acknowledging your presence,” Lady Summers stated while she and Elizabeth stood.

“Ladies, please, a simple good morn is all that is desired. Remain seated. I am the one to intrude upon the conversations of two ladies. My hopes are that you would accompany Lord Summers’ and my tour of his lands. I am aware that you have seen them many times, but the mere presence of two lovely ladies will make the tour tolerable.”

Mirth and charm filled William’s words as he addressed them. More often than not, his gaze would fall upon Elizabeth and she responded with a slight smile of her own.

“Your Grace, it would be our pleasure,” Lady Summers responded with a curtsey.

“Wonderful, Lord Summers, please lead the way,” William instructed with a sweep of his hand.

The men took the lead, while the women followed several steps behind. Lord Summers’ excited voice was the only sound that marked the passage of time. The sun had cleared the clouds several times, which made the air become slightly heavy with heat. Lady Summers pulled her fan from the folds of her dress, to cool her. After several moments, her movements stilled, which caused concern for Elizabeth.

“Mother? Are you taking ill? Please, let us return to the manor.” Elizabeth’s concerned words reached William’s ears. He turned quickly and approached the women.

“Lady Summers, are you ill? Please let me aid you back,” William, suggested while he looped her arm through his. Lady Summers nodded gratefully, while she placed her hand upon the crux of this elbow.

“Your Grace, your concerns for my wife are insurmountable. I will attend to her. Please continue forward with Lady Elizabeth. She knows these lands as well as me. She can continue the tour. Wife, please let’s get you inside.”

Lord Summers’ voice filled with worry, which Elizabeth knew was false. If the Duke were not present, he would have instructed Elizabeth to care for her ailing mother. Not another moment of concern from him would follow.

When her parents took leave, Elizabeth realized that she and His Grace were now…alone. With slight trepidation, once the forms of her parents disappeared, she faced him.

“Your Grace,” Elizabeth stated with a curtsey.

“Lady Elizabeth, may I be so bold to state, I am tremendously pleased that you have remained to show me the lands. Not that I wish in any manner for your mother’s illness, but I feel fortunate for your time, nonetheless.”

“As I, Your Grace. If you would like to proceed, there is much my father has not shown you.”

“Please, lead the way Lady Elizabeth,”

William stated with a grand sweep of his arm. Once Elizabeth started to walk, William took her right side. His left hand rested upon the hilt of his sword, while his gaze remained fixed upon Elizabeth, regardless of the scenery, which surrounded them.

The pair walked for an endless amount of time. Only the sun within the sky alerted the time of the day, which was now noon. Elizabeth had shown him most of the lands within walking distance. Despite his gaze, never leaving her face, Elizabeth continued with her tour. Unfazed he had not once looked upon any of the lands she had presented. Elizabeth's tour had brought them full circle. The tree her mother and she resided under this morn came into sight, when Elizabeth decided to ask the Duke a question that had been weighing heavy upon her mind,

“Your Grace, may I be so bold in inquiring on a personal matter?”

“Please, I am truly intrigued, Lady Elizabeth, by your query.”

“How does your wife fair when you leave her for a lengthy extent of time, as in your voyage to France?"

William’s movements stilled, his gaze remained upon hers. Elizabeth mirrored his actions. In an instant, William responded with a bark of laughter.

“Your Grace, I do not feel that a woman’s feelings and concerns are a matter of humor.”

“Nor do I Lady Elizabeth. My mirth is with the prospect that you believe that I would have a wife.”

“Yes, well, due to your earlier behaviors, I hoped that there was not one, especially one with a babe or two. If I may say, I do find relief there is no wife. On the same token, it saddens me that there is not a woman who desires your safe return.”

“Lady Elizabeth, you assume from my words, there is not a woman or more, specifically women, which desire my return. I plainly stated that I do not have a wife.”

Elizabeth’s features soured due to his statement. With a deep intake of breath, she responded brusquely,

“I see. There must be many cold beds and weeping women in England, in tribute to Your Grace. Regardless of the earlier truce, this conversation has taken a turn, which I do not desire to follow, please excuse me.”

With a quick curtsey, Elizabeth turned to leave. Upon two steps forward, William called out to her,

“Lady Elizabeth, please but a moment.”

With his request, Elizabeth turned to face him. As she held tightly on the reins of her ire, she spoke,

“A mere moment, Your Grace.”

“It is true that I have been a…”

“A knave?”

“…man of questionable means…”

“A knave.”

“Fine, a knave, this does not mean that I cannot change. Start anew. I feel that it was my destiny to come to France and meet the catalyst for this change.”

Elizabeth gaze narrowed upon him. The thoughts that he spoke of his destiny and the woman that he had seduced just a day ago angered her. She spat her words out with much disdain, which matched the sentiment that swirled within her eyes.

"I believe that Margaret would be beyond words if she knew that she had been written in the stars to be your destiny. May I fetch her so the joyous news can be given?”

“Whom?”

Elizabeth’s eyes widen briefly from his forgetfulness. She then followed it by a heated poignant look. Upon his realization of whom she meant, William quickly continued,

“No, alas she was merely a distraction, as all the rest…”

Before he could finish his comment, Elizabeth huffed loudly and stormed away. Elizabeth was unable to distant herself any, as William grabbed her by the arm, then turned her to face him. His hands stilled upon her upper arms, while his determined gaze met hers.

“They were all mere distractions from my true destiny. The destiny, that with God’s good graces, I hold within my grasp this very moment.”

The realization of William’s words reached her mind, Elizabeth’s eyes widened in disbelief. After several moments, a knowing smile graced William’s lips. Shortly after, he spoke,

“Unless God has stricken my sense of hearing, I seem to have accomplished the impossible, rendering the sweet Elizabeth speechless.”

Elizabeth’s widen eyes, then narrowed with ire, which she had felt and displayed prior. Her response was quick and sharp,

“I have not words for the untruths you have bestowed upon me, Your Grace.”

“Sweet Elizabeth, not a word that has fallen from my lips, since I have met your acquaintance has been false. To the point of insult, I have been forever truthful.”

After Elizabeth pondered his words briefly, her features softened. She then proceeded to respond with a lighter tone,

“I apologize. You may not be kind in your words nor actions, but you have remained truthful. I just do not understand how you believe that I am your destiny, Your Grace.”

“William.”

“Pardon Your Grace?”

“Please, call me William.”

“If it so pleases you, William.”

To William’s pleasure, Elizabeth had called him his given name. Furthermore, she softened her words considerably. Once her voice reached his ears, his eyes closed briefly, while he reveled in her pleasantness. William’s next words were a mere whisper,

“The sweetest melody is your voice saying my name. Please indulge me again.”

Elizabeth gazed upon the man that stood before her. His cerulean gaze swirled with an untold desire, which struck deep within her soul. Her whispered voice mirrored his, when she responded,

“If it so pleases you…William.”

“It does. It pleases me beyond words.”

“William…”

“Yes sweet Elizabeth?"

“Could you please indulge my mind, by answering my query?”

“Yes…” William inwardly shook his head, to clear the haziness that resided within. Once done, his words continued, “Now it is my turn to apologize. I have lost myself within my mind and heart. I know with all my being, you are my destiny. Many moments in time had to align to bring us to this juncture: our births, your father’s and my association with the King, his sequestered for your presence in court, the smooth voyage here. Our very beings all played a part in this destiny.”

“William you speak of so many things. Each incident would have transpired regardless. For example: our births were the doing of God, not due to this destiny that you so claim.”

“Yes, our births were choices of God, but he chose that we were born when we were. Our arrival upon this earth could have transpired hundreds of years apart. Nevertheless, it did not. Each event that has brought me to you could have been different. The King could have chosen another for this voyage; or I could have perished within the sea. None did. You cannot deny that some force was present to bring us together. I so choose to call it destiny.”

“Say it is destiny, what does this mean exactly? How does this moment in time fit upon the path you claim is preordained?”

“My sweetest Elizabeth, this moment in time is when our paths intertwine for evermore.”

Elizabeth looked upon William. Her eyes swirled with dual emotions, trepidation and hope. William’s need to possess this woman, raged within. Gratefully, his mind controlled this need and replaced it with patience he knew that this exquisite creature before him deserved and demanded.

“May I be so bold to ask if I may kiss you, Elizabeth?"

“If it so pleases you, William,” Elizabeth breathlessly whispered.

William tenderly placed his hands upon the sides of her face. Slowly, he leaned forward, his lips ever so gently, brushed upon hers. William lingered briefly, sampling the sweet nectar of her lips, before gradually pulling away. His gaze swept over her features. She possessed a picturesque look of contentment; her lids fluttered and her lips pursed awaiting his. A rosy hue blossomed upon her cheeks. She was simply breathtaking.

William leaned forward once more. His first kiss was merely to taste her. This kiss was slightly more demanding. In his mind, with a mere kiss William confirmed his greatest strength and his greatest weakness. Elizabeth.

His lips caressed hers, with more urgency than before. At first, Elizabeth was unsure how to proceed. This was her second kiss. Second only, to the one that she had received immediately prior. Within moments of his mouth upon hers, Elizabeth’s desire blossomed from deep with. In an instant, her desire instructed her how to respond.

When Elizabeth returned kiss, William was briefly taken off guard. Their first kiss was gentle. While sweet, her lips remained idle. The same held true for the beginning of the second.

As if Elizabeth had received silent instruction on how to respond, her mouth suddenly became urgent, passionate. William reveled in her response. Endless moments passed, each savored one another.

Becoming somewhat bold, William’s tongue danced upon the seam of her lips, as he demanded entrance. Only a brief moment of wariness filled his thoughts, with this action, based on her previous response, but a day ago. Once her lips parted, granting him entrance, all thought became nonexistent.

William’s fingers wound within her golden tresses. His other pulled her closer. William’s tongue dipped within the heated cavern of her mouth. Before long, her tongue joined his, in a wondrous dance. Elizabeth placed her palm upon William’s chest, right above where his heart maintained a thunderous pace. Her other hand, lay upon his neck. Her fingers toyed with the fine hairs that remained unaffected by his hairdressing.

Their moments together flowed as fine wine, hearty, sweet and just as intoxicating. Despite his own desire, William ended their exploration of one another. He placed his forehead tenderly to hers. With shaky words he spoke,

“God forgive me, but I can not help but to feel envy and hatred toward every man that has partaken in the sweet heaven of your mouth before me.”

Elizabeth’s hazy mind took several moments to comprehend his words. Her heated gaze held him, as with a whispered voice, she responded,

“There has been no other.”

William’s eyes flashed with the desire. His mind and body burned to possess this tiny woman before him. With a deep baritone growl, William retorted,

“And if I have it my way Elizabeth, there will never be.”

William’s mouth returned passionately to hers. The melodious sounds of Elizabeth’s mews and her hands upon him weakened his mind and resolve. For a second time, he pulled from her lips. He placed his forehead to hers. His gaze of lust-filled blue fixed upon her hazy green. Mirrored gasps filled the air, before William spoke,

“Elizabeth, my sweet Elizabeth, I must leave you now before I become the knave that you claim me to be. Despite the tight resolve, I appear to be maintaining, I am but only a man, one with many desires. Which, I feel that you are not ready to be privy to. Nor do I feel that you are a treasure to be plundered upon in the open. You are an exquisite woman that deserves to be worshiped, in private for hours upon end.”

William’s word penetrated Elizabeth’s mind. Even though her body cried out for the pleasure William bestowed upon her, she needed to inform him of her wishes, which she held firmly within her mind.

“Despite my forwardness and responsiveness to you, I will not be anyone’s mistress William. My maidenhead is for my husband and him alone.”

Elizabeth’s declaration made William’s heart swell tenfold. Normally, a woman’s denial of him in the carnal sense would anger him. Elizabeth’s denial, just added another reason why he adored the woman within his grasp.

“Nor do I wish to sully your virtue Elizabeth. My wishes are such that I become your wedded husband, if you are to have me. Unfortunately, the King himself will have say upon the matter. Upon our return to England, my first order of duty is to speak to him at once. I need you to know, that this may have dire consequences, but I will suffer any ill fates, for us to be bound together before God as man and wife.”

Elizabeth’s eyes remained wide upon his declaration, as her mind processed what he had stated. William wanted to wed her. He also informed her that he might suffer ill fates from the King. Regardless of the ire and bitter words they’d traded, Elizabeth knew that William was her match in every way. He valued her entire being --- mind, body and soul.

“William, what are these ill fates and dire consequences which you speak of?”

“Elizabeth, my duty is to return to England with a Lady in Waiting, not a wife. In this role, you are to be unwed. This fact, among many others, which I have not alluded to, may cause grief to the King. Worry not my love, all will be well.”

Before Elizabeth could respond, William placed another soft kiss upon her lips, instantly heating. After several moments, he pulled away and spoke,

“Please, order me away. I have not the will to go otherwise.”

Once the final word left his lips, William kissed her again, passionately. Their kiss continued, until she found the strength to pull away. Elizabeth gently placed both hands upon his chest. Her words passed her lips in a mere whisper,

“Leave me, William. Not due to my desire, but yours.”

“Just upon the thought your desire wishes I stay will be enough to aid in my departure. Till later, my love.”

William turned to leave Elizabeth. In several strides, he passed through the gates to the garden. Once he surrounded with spring flowers, he turned. His gaze held hers briefly, before he turned and continued back into the Summers’ home.

As she released a breath she did not know she held, Elizabeth lowered herself upon the soft grass. She raised her face towards the rays of the sun, closed her eyes and reveled in its warmth. Elizabeth’s fingers slowly caressed her lips, as her mind replayed all that had just transpired. One group of words continued to ring the loudest within her mind, ‘My wishes are such that I become your wedded husband, if you are to have me’.



End Notes:
Please let me know whatcha think. Love to hear ALL reviews!
Chapter Eight by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
Enjoy! Thanks to Sanityfair for being my beta!!! Luv ya!
Elizabeth spent the rest of the day keeping her mother company in the solace of her darkened room, due to her illness. Elizabeth’s hushed tones and comforting whispers were the only noises that filled the chamber as she tenderly stroked a cool cloth upon her mother’s brow. A servant entered quietly to light the candles, signaling the end of the day. Upon her departure, Lady Summers finally spoke with a soft whisper,

“My sweet child, I would like you to prepare for dinner. You have been in this gloomy chamber all day. Please, enjoy the feast that took a full day to prepare.”

“Mother, I do not feel it is proper for me to leave you in such a state. Especially, since I was the cause. The servants can bring our dinner here. I will stay until your mind is at rest,” Elizabeth responded, tears rimming her eyes.

“No, my sweet Elizabeth, you were by no means the cause. I desired to leave these walls, your words only added to my conviction. Your place is with our guest. Your father would take great offense if neither Summers’ woman were present. Now go, time grows short.”

Conflicted thoughts warred within Elizabeth’s mind. She wanted to abide her mother’s instruction, but the pain that filled her mother’s eyes, drew her closer. To ease her daughter’s conflicting thoughts, written clearly upon her face, Lady Summer’s spoke once more with tenderness,

“Please Elizabeth, to witness the conflict I know races through your mind, causes my heart to weep. I will be fine. I need to rest a little further. Morrow, I will be on the mend, and we can enjoy our final day together.”

Hearing her mother’s words, the tears that hovered upon her lids fell to her cheeks. Mirrored tears welled within Lady Summers’ eyes. She raised her hand, and with gentle sweeps of her fingers, cleared away Elizabeth’s tears.

“Cry not for your future, nor for our separation. Your journey on life’s path has just begun. Excitement should fill your mind, not grief. Do not look upon this as an ending, but a beginning. No amount of lands or seas can lessen the love and connection you and I feel for one another. I love you my sweet Elizabeth, with all my being. Now please, clear your tears and attend the feast that was prepared. Enjoy the delectable foods, wine and music. Morrow I will be well, and we will enjoy it together.”

Elizabeth leaned forward and gently hugged her mother. Once she placed a tender kiss upon her brow, she begrudgingly pulled away. Elizabeth rounded the bed, before her mother’s weakened voice echoed within the room,


“Yes mother, please feel well. I will visit you before I retire for the evening,” Elizabeth responded with a hushed tone.

“No need daughter. I hope by then, sleep will have come. Good eve, I love you,” Lady Summers said.

“I love you, mother, till morn.” Upon her reply, Elizabeth quietly exited the chamber. Within moments, she found one of the servants and instructed them of her mother’s request.

Not soon after Elizabeth left, a servant arrived within Lady Summers’ chamber. She quietly approached the bed, where her mistress lay unmoving. With softened speech, she addressed the ailing woman,

“I am here Lady Summers’. Please instruct me how I can aid in your comfort.” Lady Summers’ open her eyes slowly. A grimace of pain flickered across her features, before she spoke,


“Yes, Jane, this message must be given to Lord Summers’ in the highest secrecy. Not a word must reach Lady Elizabeth’s nor the Duke’s ears.”

“Yes, my Lady,” Jane responded with a slight nod of acceptance.

“Instruct Lord Summers, that I will not be attending the feast this Eve. Explain that I require the doctor, and I will finally entertain his suggestions. I will allow the doctor to bleed away the evil spirits, which lurk within my body. Stress to Lord Summers, that despite my agreement, the doctor is not to be sequestered until Elizabeth has begun her journey. Morrow I will take my place by his and my daughter’s side, ailment notwithstanding.”

“Yes Lady Summers, I will do your bidding. May I inquire, before the doctor arrives, is there any solace that I may be able to offer?”

“No Jane, only silence is requested. Now please, take leave,” Lady Summers’ responded, closing her tired eyes. Jane left as silently as she entered.


**** ****


Worry creased Elizabeth’s brow while she walked towards her chambers. Once she passed over the threshold, Elizabeth heard the chatter of her three servants as they prepared her gown for the evening.

The servant’s voices silenced, upon Lady Elizabeth’s entrance. With a smile that teased her lips, Elizabeth commented,

“Do I dare to ask what this incessant prattling is about?”

“Lady Elizabeth, with one of us accompanying you to England, we are just excitable that is all,” Mary stated with a barely contained smile.

“Ah, so this is the topic of the hen house. Well, let it be known that I enlisted my mother’s knowledge for the standard procedure for a Lady in Waiting and her attendants. I was instructed it would be considered a faux pas, for a Lady in Waiting to have three servants of her own. Only one will be accompanying me on my journey. I have made my choice, which was a difficult one to make. Anne, you will accompany me to England. We are leaving a day after morrow, at sunrise. The trip will be lengthy and…” Before she finished, trills of delight filled the room. Anne quickly found herself in the midst of congratulations and hugs from the other two girls.

“I see that my announcement has brought pleasure, not distress, which pleases me,” Elizabeth stated with shared happiness. Her attendants were the closest thing she had to friends, so their happiness was hers also.
“Pardon us for our outbursts Lady Elizabeth, this is just joyous news that we all found difficulty in containing ourselves.” Anne beamed with joy.

“Tis fine, no apologies needed. Now, I am expected for dinner. Ladies…” with a playful clap of her hands, the three servants began their task of preparing Elizabeth for dinner. Smiles remained upon each of their faces.


**** ****

As the servants were placing the finishing touches upon Elizabeth’s golden tresses, an unexpected knock sounded from her chamber’s door. Her heart fluttered wildly within her chest, while she pictured the man standing on the other side, William. Regardless of formalities, Elizabeth rose from her vanity and answered the door herself. Angelic features of sapphire eyes, sculpted cheekbones and full sensual lips, greeted her.


“Lady Elizabeth.” William’s words danced along every nerve ending within her body. In an instant, her body craved him; his demanding lips upon hers, his tender hands upon her flesh. These foreign yearnings pulsed throughout her being, causing these once dominant desires to awaken.

Elizabeth willed him to pull her into his arms and bestow the pleasure he had given her in the garden. She wished for the world to fall away and all that would remain was they. His name hovered upon her lips. Before she could call to him, her father’s voice rang through the manor’s halls,

“Your Grace,” Lord Summers’ approached him, not noticing his daughter’s presence.

“Lord Summers,” William stated curtly, gaze still fixed upon Elizabeth. Lord Summers’ gaze followed his and landed upon her.

“Good Eve, Elizabeth.”

“Father,” Elizabeth spoke, her tone mirroring William’s. Lord Summers’ gaze flickered quickly from his daughter, to fall upon the Duke once more.

“I appreciate Your Grace’s thoughtfulness in escorting my daughter to dinner. With her mother being ill and my thoughts filled with concern, my mind has been lost and forgetful.”

Elizabeth's jaw tensed with the lies her father was speaking. She wanted to disclose them to William. Speak the truth, which was far from her father’s words. He had not seen nor inquired about her mother, since he escorted her inside this morn. His words and concern were only for show.

William felt Elizabeth’s anger roll off her in waves. The lethal gaze, she beheld her father, not long ago, was for him as well. Despite the idleness of her tongue, he knew she was enraged and Lord Summers’ words were the cause.

Ire roared within William, toward Lord Summers’. Regardless of his station, this man was a scoundrel. He used his family as pawns; a sickly wife and a daughter he was willing to brand as a common mistress to the King, in an attempt to gain respect. In which William held none for the likes of him. Before his temper flared beyond his mind, William ended the conversation. He held his bent left arm toward Elizabeth. With two words, he encouraged her to join him.

“Shall we?” Elizabeth’s gaze softened considerably, when it fell upon him. The sweetest smile graced her lips.

“We shall.”

Elizabeth weaved her petite hand under William’s extended arm placing it upon his forearm. Through two layers of fabrics, his flesh burned from her mere touch. Despite the boldness of the gesture, he placed his right hand upon hers. His touch ignited renewed desire. Without further acknowledgement of Lord Summers, the pair headed toward the banquet hall.

A confused gaze fell upon the retreating pair. Lord Summers attempted to keep up with the Duke and his daughter, to no avail. Once he reached His Grace’s right side, the Duke’s angry glare fell upon him. Without words, Lord Summers felt his presence was not welcome. Lord Summers stopped his movements until they were several steps ahead, before he resumed his own solitary pace.

The three sat together during the feast. Lord Summers at the head of the table, William and Elizabeth flanked either side. Throughout dinner, William and Elizabeth’s conversation remained steady, discussing numerous stimulating topics: literature, the arts, and fine wines. Lord Summers was never welcomed nor did he enter the flow of conversation.

Once the meal concluded, William announced that he would escort Elizabeth to her chambers. Each bid Lord Summers a good eve. Prior to his exit, William clearly expressed the importance that Lord Summers would be informing him of Lady Summers’ condition, come the morn. Neither waited for his response, they departed from the banquet hall.
William and Elizabeth strolled down the hall, once more joined. Comfortable silence filled the air between them, until Elizabeth spoke,

“William, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart, the care you have shown towards my mother. I fear that the years of my father’s emotional neglect has caused great strain to her well-being. As far as my memory recalls, I have been her constant companion. I worry that once I leave in a day’s time, she will be sentenced to a life of solitude,” Elizabeth’s voice waned, until her last words were mere whispers.

“Sweetheart, do not thank me for something that I feel in my heart is true. Your mother is a majestic creature, who deserves to be worshiped not conquered. I fear that I cannot meddle in affairs of marriage, but I do vow that I will regularly question Lord Summers of your mother’s condition, not only prior to, but following, our departure. I encourage you to question your mother of her well-being, in the morn and through letters. Together, we will know the truth of Lord Summers’ words. If they prove to be false, as they were this eve, punishment for his lies will be swift. Despite him being Lord and Master of this home, his station is below mine. Morrow I will remind him of his place and my thoughts of those that choose to trespass against me.”Once they noticed that they had reached her chamber door, their movements stopped. They faced one another. William’s hand gently laid upon her cheek, as his words continued, “I know his attention toward your mother will not be true and honest, but she will be cared for, far more than she is now.”

Elizabeth’s tears spilled forward. Several drops trickled down her cheeks, landing upon his hand and the emeralds that adorned her neck. His heart broke with the sight before him. Tenderly, he placed a kiss upon her lips. In an instant, their kiss heated. The once contained passion, unleashed.

His arms pulled her closer, heaving chests met. Mouths feasted, while tongues explored, delved and tasted. After several heavenly moments, William’s lips released hers, to descend the column of her throat. Instantly, Elizabeth’s hands encircled his neck. Her fingers grasped his locks, as she urged his exploration. Her mews of pleasure filled the air, which encouraged the increased strokes of his tongue and nips upon her flesh.

“My greatest weakness...my greatest strength…my Elizabeth,”

William whispered against her flesh. He gradually removed his mouth from her throat. He pulled back slightly, his heated gaze fixed upon her bee-stung lips. He placed another gentle kiss upon them and then pulled away. Her lids fluttered upon his words and ministrations. Her unfocused gaze beheld his. William’s deep voice penetrated her hazy mind,

“My sweetheart, take leave of me. I fear that the reins upon my control are waning.”

“As mine, William, good eve." Upon her words, Elizabeth placed a chaste kiss to his lips, and gradually entered her chambers. He could sense her hesitation to leave. He was himself at war with her departure.

The sound of the latch, pulled William from his thoughts briefly enough to turn and leave. Promises of pleasure-filled dreams of Elizabeth, was the only consolation to returning to his chambers…alone.


End Notes:
Reviews are loved and cherished! It was common that doctors would bleed their patients to remedy ailments.
Chapter Nine by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
I hope that everyone is enjoying! Please let me know what you think...EVERY review is important and aids in my writing
Elizabeth awoke to the wayward strains of flaxen tresses, being tenderly swept from her brow. Her lids fluttered open to a darkened figure sitting upon her bed. The sun had yet crested over the horizon, but the approaching morn hovered within the air. Before she could question who was there, a sweet whisper filled the air,

“Good morn, my sweet child. I apologize to wake you so early. I just anticipated the day. So much so, I could not wait until the dawn’s first light.”

“Mother, don’t apologize. Your tender caresses and words are the sweetest herald to the day. I am so pleased that you are well.” Elizabeth ’s tone matched her mother’s. Tender whispers, brimmed with love.

“Let’s greet the morn together Elizabeth.”

Lady Summers rose to give her daughter space to follow. Within moments, both women stood by her window, arms around one another, just as the sun’s rays spilled across the land. Each beam caressed the earth with tendrils of light. The dew upon the grass twinkled as stars within the nighttime sky. Silent tears rolled down their cheeks while the world before them, awoke for their final day together.


Endless, silent moments passed, before servants entered bringing the morn’s meal. Still joined by their hands, the women proceeded to approach the table. They released hands, as they sat. Tears were replaced with cheery words, when Lady Summers told of stories of court life and the beauties of England.

Elizabeth ’s eyes widened, while her mother’s words pervaded her mind. She always dreamed of court life, the nobles and their lavish wares, the topics of conversations, the excitement. Since the knowledge of her trip had been brought forth, dread has been her constant companion. Now, due to her mother’s tales, it had been replaced with anticipation.

While her words were ones of happiness, Lady Summers’ heart broke with each story. Once she has awoken from her slumber, the pain within her mind abated, she decided that it was imperative to have Elizabeth see the finer points of court life. Despite the callousness and drama which exist, and she had alluded to in the past, she feared that her daughter would enter court life with pessimism. If Elizabeth approached this new world with negativity, she would not thrive, only wilt under fear and doubt. Lady Summers’ mind filled with ease, as her daughter’s features brimmed with excitement. Once they finished their meal, she changed the focus of discussion.


“ Elizabeth, are your plans to join His Grace and your father on the hunt this morn?”

“Mother, I do not wish to leave you. With you illness yesterday, we have lost time to spend together.” Despite her daughter’s words, Lady Summers knew she longed for the hunt.

“ Elizabeth, do not hold back your desire because of me. I know you love all the aspects of the hunt; the wind within your hair, the speed of the beast you ride upon, the chase, and the capture. In my youth, I loved this myself. Go. Enjoy. I will be awaiting your return, and the tales that will surely follow.” Lady Summers’ high-spirited voice enwrapped Elizabeth, causing her to become affected. Elizabeth rose from her chair, and called out to her servants,

“Ladies, prepare my dress…I have a hunt to attend!”


**** ****

With a flash of hurried movements, Elizabeth was dressed and headed towards the stables. The chill of the morn encased her form, which caused her to tighten her cape slightly, but did not still her rapid strides towards her destination.

Happiness filled Elizabeth ’s features as she approached the stall that held her mare. Despite her father’s scoff that people don’t name beasts of burden, she had done so regardless. Dawn, the mare which possessed large, uncharacteristic blue eyes, was the name she bestowed upon her. Dawn greeted her with a slight huff and bob of her head. Instantly, Elizabeth called to the stable hand, to bring Dawn forward and prepare her for the ride.


Once Dawn was ready, Elizabeth approached her tenderly. Lost in her thoughts, she stroked and nuzzled her deep chocolate brown coat, as she cooed affectionate words to her mare. Elizabeth was unaware of another’s approach, until he spoke,

“Beautiful.” A deep baritone voice caressed Elizabeth ’s mind, which caused ripples of desire to fill her.

“She is. Her mother was of equal beauty…”

“No, you have mistaken my words Elizabeth. Beautiful is the word denoted for the woman that stands before me. Not the beast, she strokes.” William’s words were deep and even, as he approached Elizabeth. His chest mere inches from her back, the heat of his body radiated upon her, his breath upon the nape of her neck.

Elizabeth ’s eyes fluttered close, from the barrage of William’s overwhelming presence; his unique scent, his rumbling voice, the effortless magnetism in which always drew her closer. Shaky words tumbled from her quivering lips,

“William, as flattering as your words are, they are mistaken.” A soft moan escaped her lips, when she felt his body press against hers. His lips skimmed the flesh upon her throat.


“ Elizabeth, you are correct about the wrongness of my choice in words, but not in the reason for my proclamation of them. Beautiful falls short of the truth. You are breathtaking, majestic, and exquisite; both in features and heart.” William’s words ended with dances of breath upon her skin. Once they ceased, his lips replaced the air. Tender caresses caused tendrils of desire to pulse within. Elizabeth ’s rose-tipped nipples pebbled within her corset. Her womb clenched with yearning.

“William,” Elizabeth ’s pleas filled the air, while her hand wound into the locks, urging him to continue. His hands splayed upon her abdomen, possessively drawing her closer.

Within the distance, William heard gravel crumble under the weight of numerous feet. With a final leisurely kiss, he pulled from her form. Elizabeth swayed slightly, from his ministrations and departure. Her eyes opened, while she turned to question William’s departure. In the distance, she witnessed her father, as well as four huntsmen, approach.

Her hazy gaze fell upon William’s. His breathing was labored, eyes dark with desire. Elizabeth knew if she were to glance upon a mirror, she would see the same exhibits in an attempt to tame desire.

“Your Grace, what a wonderful morn for the hunt!” Lord Summers’ voice was boisterous, as he bowed before William.

“Yes, Lord Summers, a beautiful morn.” William’s heated gaze fell upon Elizabeth with his words. The blush that began to wane renewed with a bright pinkish hue.

Despite Lord Summers’ lack of acknowledgement of The Duke’s affections towards Elizabeth, did not negate what was plain to see. In addition to the incident last eve, and the circle of emeralds upon her throat, Lord Summers’ was aware of His Grace’s fondness for his daughter.

Regardless of this knowledge, Lord Summers was slightly perplexed with The Duke’s intensions. The reason for his presence in France was to bring Elizabeth to England. Under the guise of a Lady in Waiting to the Queen, she would be a mistress to the King.

What added to the confusion, Lord Summers believed that he was familiar with the women that The Duke’s preferred, which is the same as he. Women with pliable minds, bodies and resolves, qualities in which His Grace would not find in his daughter.

“Maybe the King instructed that she needed to be well versed in how to pleasure a man, before she lies with him. Yes, that is it, only the best for the King,” Lord Summers’ inwardly thought while he mounted his horse. Once he was astride, Lord Summers spoke,

“Your Grace, what is your pleasure this morn? Stag? Wild Boar? The beasts upon my lands are for the taking!”

William’s brow quirked up wards, a hint of a feral grin graced his lips upon Lord Summers’ question. All the while his gaze remained on Elizabeth. Trying to lessen William’s attention upon her, Elizabeth mirrored her father’s actions by mounting her mare. William’s eyes widened briefly, as she sat astride the beasts back. Most noble women, whom did not ride with a man’s aid, utilized sidesaddles.

“Not my Elizabeth, a rare gem which continues to shine above all others,” William silently thought, as he too mounted his steed. Ending the silence, William responded to Lord Summers’ previous query,

“Lord Summers’ wild boar sounds a delicious way to end the eve, do you agree?”

“Yes, Your Grace, wild boar it is! Shall we?” Simultaneously, with dual heels into his horse’s side and a boisterous ‘hah’, Lord Summers and the huntsmen, galloped towards the outlining woods.

Before Elizabeth could follow, William’s teasing voice stopped her movements.

“With no man to aid in your ride, how are you to manage holding on during the hunt, sweet Elizabeth?”

“Why, the same as you, Your Grace. I’ll use my thighs.” With a brazen smile upon her lips, Elizabeth ’s spurred her mare forward. Her purred words still echoed within William’s mind, as she raced ahead. The feral grin that he once contained burst forward and held steady, as he followed.


After a mile of a full gallop, Elizabeth and William stopped next to Lord Summers, who was speaking with his huntsmen.

“Your Grace, I was informed that the Limier tracked the wild-boar into a thatch of dense forest three miles to the East, this morn. We awaited your arrival before we unleashed the Porcelaines. On your signal, the huntsman will do so.”

William eyed the pack of energetic dogs. Each appeared eager to be set loose, as they paced and yelped. He turned to Elizabeth and spoke,

“ Elizabeth, would you care to give the word?”

“If it pleases you, Your Grace.” Her words were formal, yet held an undercurrent of teasing and promises, which made William’s mind race.

“It does please me. Release the hounds,” William instructed. His eyes flashed with desire.

“Release the hounds!” Elizabeth ordered. Instantly, the harness that held the dogs back, released. With urgency, they raced into the direction of their quarry. The hunting party followed closely behind into the dense forest.

After two hours of tracking, cornering and killing the boar, members of the hunting party headed towards the manor. Once they cleared the forest, a servant upon foot, approached Lord Summers. Following his bow, he spoke through winded breath,

“My Lord…Monsieur Deveaux…is at the manor…demanding your presence.”

“Whatever for?” Lord Summers barked, as he shifted upon his horse.

“Under strict instructions from his master, he will not leave his wares, unless he speaks with you.”

“Tell that rogue that his wares are of ill quality and his master is not mine. I do not come when beckoned!” Lord Summers’ enraged voice caused the servant to flinch and his head to lower, shielding his features under locks of unkempt hair. Despite his hesitance, the servant spoke once more,

“Lord Summers, before I carry out your request, if I may be so bold to speak?”

“If you feel that your back needs more taste of my whip…” Before he could finish his words, William calmly interrupted,

“What is the urgency of the matter, boy?”

“Monsieur Deveaux wares are for the feast tonight. If he leaves without delivery, preparations will be brought to a standstill,” The servant’s shaky voice was muffled, as his head remained bowed. Lord Summers gaze narrowed upon the servant before he addressed him,

“Boy, time was wasted with our verbal dance! If Monsieur has parted, you will surely feel my whip! Please excuse me Your Grace. I must attend to this issue.” With a slight bow, Lord Summers galloped back towards the manor, the servant running behind.

“Thank you William in your intervention. My father has a short temper, which usually results in miscommunications. For my father, there is a great distance between another’s mouth and his ears. If he shortened the distance, many problems would be adverted.”

“Unfortunately, this quality is often shared among men.” William’s chuckle followed his response.

“Not you William. I feel that you treat each word from another, as precious. Regardless, if they are from the mouths of a servant or the King himself.” Elizabeth ’s tone was soft, yet firm. Her gaze held upon his.

“Elizabeth, it is merely your presence that brings forth this quality that you hold in high regard. You make me desire to be a better man.”

“William?”

“Yes, my sweetheart?”

“I fear that once we reach England, this will all dissolve. Your life that you had created there will come forward and consume our newfound love.” Elizabeth ’s voice, which started strong and decisive, began to wane, which finished as mere whispers upon her last word. William moved his horse alongside hers. He removed his glove, and placed his hand tenderly upon her cheek.

“Never, Elizabeth. Regardless of where we roam, my heart and soul belong to you and you alone. No one, King nor God himself, will pull our love asunder.” William’s tone was filled with love and devotion, as his thumb gently stroked her skin.

“Regardless where we roam?” A teasing smile filled her features, as she responded.

“To the ends of the world and beyond,” William’s voice echoed hers in tone, as his smile mirrored hers.

“Not to end of the world, William, just a small patch of fields that houses the beauties of wild flowers, is my destination.” Upon her words, Elizabeth urged her horse into motion. With promises of Elizabeth within his arms, William instantly followed in the wake of her laughter.

William attempted to keep pace with Elizabeth. However, due to her familiarity with these woods and the agility of her horse, he fell several lengths behind. Around a bend of English elms, she disappeared from sight. William slowed his steed to a trot, as he approached. Once he curved around the largest tree, the land opened to a field, which was filled with a myriad of wildflowers. Off to the left, was a winding brook, where her horse was drinking. To his right, he caught a glimpse of Elizabeth, as she scampered further out of sight.

William steered his horse to the brook, and dismounted. His steed immediately joined hers, to quench its thirst. Recalling the hunt earlier, William slowly stalked towards the area where he witnessed her last. A predatory grin graced his full lips, while his head tilted slightly to catch the slightest sound.

A small giggle floated through the air, which pervaded his mind with words of poetry. With blithe, William called forth through the patch of trees,

“I was warned that there are nymphs that lurk among these woods…” When William entered another small clearing, he witnessed Elizabeth round a large beech tree. He waited for a moment to see if she moved. When she did not, he proceeded forward. His words continued, “With hair spun of the finest gold, eyes of green and features only bestowed upon angels themselves…” William rounded the beech. Flush against the trunk, was Elizabeth. Her face was bright with a rosy hue, chest heaving with exertion and excitement. Her eyes were wide with mirth and desire. William approached her. He braced his hands on either side of her body, as the rest of his words followed, “they are known to make the strongest men weak.”

William captured Elizabeth ’s lips in a demanding kiss. With equal vigor, she returned his passion. In an instant, their arms grasped and pulled one another closer. Only layers of clothing separated them. A single hand wound into her tresses. His mouth moved from her lips, to the sensitive column of her throat. Mews of pleasure echoed through the woods, which urged him to continue.

With deft fingers, he released the tie of her cloak, which slid from her shoulders and fell to the forest floor. Elizabeth ’s fingers eagerly toyed with his hair, releasing it from the dressing.

William’s mouth continued downwards. His tongue skillfully caressed her collarbone, but never lowering. With a breathy permission of “please”, he traveled lower. With lips and tongue, William lavished attention upon the exposed portions of her breasts, which spilled over her corset. Her mind swirled with desire, in which she had never experienced before.

Gradually, William lowered Elizabeth upon the forest floor. Dried leaves of the past autumn laid beneath her. Apart from her head, which was pillowed upon her cloak. Despite their descent, William’s mouth continued to bestow blissful ministrations. Once reclined, his form lay to her left side. One hand was placed upon her cheek. The other was used to steady his body. Whispers of worship, teased her flesh, along with his mouth.

“My love…my heart…my soul…my Elizabeth …”

Elizabeth ’ mouth pursed, his name hovered upon her lips. His hand left her cheek and leisurely descended her side. Fingers danced upon the bindings of her corset, but never releasing. To urge his continuance, Elizabeth raised her hand, and guided his to the beginning of the fastening. With skillful fingers, he pulled, to release the bindings and expose her flesh. Cool air rushed forward, in combination with his mouth, caused her flesh to sing with pleasure.
William shifted slightly to remove the barrier from his desire. Elizabeth’s nipples pebbled, as the fabric grazed her sensitive nubs. Within moments, her breasts were exposed to his hungry gaze and mouth. William’s whisper filled her mind,

“Effulgent.”

As his words still echoed within, the heat of his mouth was upon her virgin flesh. Her back bowed slightly, while her mind whirled. The only words that tumbled from her lips were the chant of his name,

“William…William…”

He continued to explore her with tantalizing strokes of his tongue, and grazes of his soft lips. With equal vigor, his hand joined his mouth upon her breasts. Elizabeth ’s hand grasped his locks holding him upon her, while the other clutched the leather of his doublet.

William’s hand moved from her chest and continued to lower, first grazing her side, then her hip. Elizabeth tensed slightly, as she felt him gathering her dress within his hand. William immediately extracted his mouth, his gaze lifted towards hers, as he stilled his hand.

“Elizabeth, please do not be frightened. My desire for you is overriding my mind and will. Please accept my apologies for my roguish behavior.”

William attempted to extract himself from her. Elizabeth ’s hand upon his back tightened. Subsequent to a deep breath, she responded,

“William, I desire you, more than I am able to explain. My heart and body cries out for yours. Nevertheless, my mind is clear. My maidenhead is for you upon our wedding night.”

“ Elizabeth, before you, my life was mere shadows. You have brought me into the light. Every day I intend to win your love time and again. We will wait, until we are wed.”

William released her gown, while he sat up. With skillful hands, he aided in lacing her corset. Tenderly, he placed chaste kisses upon her flesh as he worked. Once he was finished, he pulled her forward for another mind-bending kiss, which ended all too soon.

Gallantly, he aided her to stand, brushing leaves from their forms. Elizabeth placed another tender kiss upon his lips, as she weaved her fingers into his. Hand and hand they exited the woods. Their horses remained by the brook, feeding upon the tender spring grass.

William held Elizabeth ’s mare, as she mounted her ride. Once settled, he followed suit. William pulled along side her. Leaning forward, he placed another kiss upon her lips. Pulling away slightly, he spoke,

“May the best man win.” Upon his words, William spurred his steed into a full gallop. William was several lengths ahead before his words penetrated Elizabeth ’s mind.

“Best woman!” Elizabeth ’s yell became lost among the sounds of pounding hoofs, as she prodded her horse to follow.

Once Elizabeth caught William, they remained alongside one another until her elm appeared, in the distance. Silently considering their race was a draw each slowed their horses, until they achieved a leisurely gait.

Once alongside the elm, Elizabeth stilled her horse, which caused William to do the same. He pulled alongside her. Without words, each leaned forward, their lips meeting. Several moments passed, before they broke apart. With gentle words, he instructed her to go forward, as he followed towards the stables.


Standing within her chamber’s window, Lady Summers witnessed the passionate exchange between her daughter and The Duke. As a lioness with her cub, protectiveness roared through her veins. With resolve that was clear, Lady Summers vowed that the knowledge of utmost importance will be brought into the light…the truth behind The Duke of Suffolk’s presence.


End Notes:
Oh, for anyone that follows the Tudors on Showtime, the last season starts on April 11th! I can't wait!!!!
Chapter Ten by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
Big thanks to Sanityfair...as always!
Elizabeth’s head was in the clouds, as she walked through the stone corridors towards her chambers. Her flesh still sang from William’s touch. Her thoughts remained wrapped around his words. Eyes wide open, yet not seeing, she almost collided with her mother whom was approaching. With surprise, Elizabeth's movements ceased, a mere foot from her.

“Mother, please accept my apologies for my wayward mind and feet!” Elizabeth’s voice held a stunned, but lighthearted tone. A blinding smile adorned her lips.

“Tis fine daughter. It appears your thoughts are elsewhere. May I inquire where they lie?” Lady Summers’ knew fore well where they were; yet she wanted Elizabeth to confide in her, as she once had.

“No where particular, mother, just scattered upon the spring winds.”

Lady Summers’ serene features held, as she crumbled inside. Elizabeth had never lied to her before, nor had she kept secrets. Since The Duke had entered their home, she has become a woman with dubious means. Upon Elizabeth’s first meeting with His Grace she was angered due to his, in her perception, scandalous behavior.

In less than a day and regardless of her earlier beliefs, Elizabeth had fallen prey to his charms. Accepting gifts, sharing moments of time alone without chaperones present, exchanging affections meant only for a man and wife within the confines of their chambers. Lady Summers knew that a man, such as His Grace, preyed upon naive women. She clearly knew his kind. Lady Summers silently vowed that Elizabeth would not fall victim, as she had, to a devil with blue eyes.

“Mother, have you taken ill once more?” Elizabeth became concerned, due to the far away look in her eyes, and the silence that had filled the space between them.

“Pardon, my thoughts have too, scattered upon the spring winds. Elizabeth, do you care to sit awhile? Perhaps, share the pastime of needlepoint, until our midday meal is served?”

Lord Summers’ jovial voice, echoed throughout the corridor, ceasing the words upon Elizabeth’s lips.

“Dearest wife and child, His Grace has challenged me to a game of chess. I must have my good luck charms present, to assure my success.”

“Dearest husband, my intentions were to teach our sweet child the final lessons of court before her departure, come morn. Could our presence be excused?” Lady Summers attempted with gentle words, to change Lord Summers’ mind. Despite her hopes, ire filled his now narrowed eyes.

Dearest wife, The Duke wishes for the attendance of the ladies of the house. His wishes will be granted.” Despite his choice of neutral words, Lord Summers’ tone remained clear. This was not a request, but a demand.

“Mother, lessons can be instructed later. I am always intrigued with games of strategy.” Elizabeth’s bright eyes mirrored her smile, which had yet faltered.

Fully aware that her words fell upon deaf ears, Lady Summers’ nodded her agreement. Elizabeth proceeded to weave her arm through her father’s. Both began to chatter excitedly, while they walked towards the hall. “Due time. All will be righted, in due time,” Lady Summers’ assured herself, as she followed dutifully behind.



**** ****


An hour passed, while the ladies remained spectators to The Duke and Lord Summers’ chess game. In short time, William declared ‘checkmate’, besting Lord Summers efficiently. Before he could request a rematch, William inquired if all would be interested in learning a new card game, called Primero. Lord Summers and Elizabeth were intrigued, as William excitedly described how all within the court of England, including the King himself, highly enjoyed this pastime. Lady Summers declined. However, she remained close by. After rules were explained and the game began, Lady Summers witnessed with a passive eye, but strong interest, the lingering glances and smiles shared between The Duke and her daughter.

“Just as I feared, she is smitten with him. Delicate words must be chosen, upon disclosure of the truth,” Lady Summers silently confirmed, as she continued to bear witness to their believed hidden interactions.

Another hour passed. The only break from the games was a small lunch of cheeses, breads and fine wines. Lady Summers, despite her outwardly serene demeanor, was feeling increasingly concerned, with each moment that passed. The once hidden smiles and glances became more frequent and blatant as time continued. During one round, where Elizabeth had bested both men, she placed her hand upon The Duke’s, cooing her apologies in a teasing tone.

Unable to harness her feelings a moment longer, Lady Summers stood and called to her daughter,

“Come Elizabeth, its best for us to retire to our chambers until this eve’s meal.”

None of the gamers voices cease, nor did their gazes leave the cards that they held. Lady Summers, with purposefully strides, approached the table. She hovered for several moments. Still not one paid attention to her presence. With intensity and directness lacing her words, she spoke once more, her heated gaze fully upon The Duke.


“This game has ended with Elizabeth."

Upon her words, each halted their movements. William’s gaze widened slightly with the realization that Lady Summers was not referring to the game itself, but with his relationship, or her perception of his relationship, with Elizabeth. Prior to his response, Lord Summers’ offhandedly spoke. His eyes remained on his cards,

“Wife, we will finish when we are done. Retire to your chambers and prepare for this evening’s meal. His Grace will accompany Elizabeth to her chambers when we are through.”

While his words still hung within the air, William softly addressed her,

“Lady Summers, Elizabeth is not amidst a game, save for these cards.”

“Your Grace, if I may be so bold, my eyes tell me differently.”

William’s response hovered upon his tongue. Before he could respond, Lord Summers’ angered gaze burrowed into his wife’s as he growled towards her,

“Wife, you will take leave, now!”

Throughout the exchanges of those surrounding her, Elizabeth’s heart sank. The conflicts between her parents, although commonplace, were still upsetting. The strife between William and her mother was, in her mind, unfounded and confusing. In addition, all this animosity, between her love ones, wounded her deep. Elizabeth’s eyes stung with impending tears, as her gaze fell upon the faces of those around her. Each held different emotions upon their features; her father-pure anger, her mother-a kaleidoscope of anger, fear, and sadness. William held the most confusing emotion, distraught. It appeared as if a war was waging within. One, in which would produce many casualties and no victors.

The air was heavy with emotions, although no words passed among them. Several moments elapsed, before Lady Summers relented. Her gaze dropped, which was for sometime, deadlocked with her husband’s.

“Yes, my Lord, I will retire until this eve’s meal. If I may request that…” Lord Summers’ commanding voice, drowning Lady Summers’ words, as he brusquely interrupted,

“No request to be heard, dearest wife. Till this evening.” Upon the completion of his instructions, his gaze and attention returned to the cards before him. Instantly, his tone and demeanor lightened as he addressed The Duke, “Now, Your Grace, I believe it is your deal, is it not?”

Without a further word, Lady Summers’ curtsied. With murmured words of respect, took leave. Elizabeth motioned to join her mother. Her father’s eyes flashed, signaling his thoughts. She immediately retained her position at the table.

The game continued for another hour after this incident. Despite the outward appearance of jest and contentment, both William and Elizabeth’s minds churned with their thoughts. Lord Summers continued, as nothing was ever amiss.



**** ****


Once the games ended, William escorted Elizabeth to her chambers. A heavy silence fell between them. Their minds still focused on what had transpired earlier. With her thoughts endlessly gnawing her mind, Elizabeth spoke,

“William, why was my mother angered so?”

“Your father seemed rather harsh…”

“Yes, unfortunately that is his normal tone towards her, which I loath so. However, my question stems from my mother’s anger towards you?

“Ah, you noticed this, did you?” Elizabeth stilled her movements. Her brow creased, while her gaze held a poignant look. Her features spoke volumes.

“Of course you noticed. Pardon for my hopes that you had not. Perception is a trait that was handed from mother to daughter, I have noticed. I believe that she knows of our relationship and is angered that I did not properly court you.” William tenderly gathered Elizabeth ’s hands into his. With tender strokes of his thumbs upon her flesh, she spoke,

“However so, William?”

“It is customary for a proper gentleman, to approach the woman’s parents, request for their permission to court her. Alas, I have overstepped my bounds and did not follow traditions. In doing so, I have highly offended your mother.”

“Then let us go to her. Explain and ask to be forgiven for your faults. My mother is a kind and understanding woman. She will not hold ill feelings towards you.” Elizabeth turned slightly, to head towards her mother’s chambers. William held firm upon her hands. His hold and words stilled her movements.

“Elizabeth, this is not a slight that can be righted with mere words. Furthermore, it is your father in which I have to approach. To approach your mother without him present will further amplify the wrongness of the situation.” With understanding filling her features, Elizabeth spoke,

“Tis fine William. You know of such etiquettes, where I am lacking. May I request a favor?”

“My dearest Elizabeth, not a favor, only wishes which I strive to fulfill. All you need is to ask.” William’s gaze held firm upon hers. His thumbs continued to tease her flesh with light, pleasurable sweeps.

“Please, speak with my father, right this wrong. All needs to be favorable between my parents and my husband to be.”

Her words rang within his mind, 'right this wrong.' There were so many wrongs, not only one. He wanted to disclose the truths; the actual reason for his voyage to France and the King’s true desire for her, once she enters within his kingdom.

Once his misdeeds spilled, he would beg for her forgiveness. Promise her, that never again, will he harm her in such callous ways. Vow that with each morn and eve, he would fall upon a bended knee, and thank God that he was blessed with a woman such as she.

Regardless of how his mind churned, words remained elusive, as her love-filled, trusting gaze beheld him. His eyes closed briefly, as he swallowed past the lump, which had form within his throat. William’s strangled words fell from his lips,

“Indeed Elizabeth, I will attempt to right these wrongs.”

Unaware of his inner turmoil, she smiled brightly upon his vow. With a tender kiss upon his stilled lips, Elizabeth proceeded to enter into her chambers. Within the corridor, William’s heart shattered, not only for the lies that he had told, but for the ones that he had yet to say.

End Notes:
Now things are going to get really interesting! Please let me know what you're thinking. All reviews, good, bad and otherwise really help with my writing!
Chapter Eleven by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
I'm glad that everyone is enjoying my tale. I understand that it has been a long process of detailing the first few days of Elizabeth's and William's relationship. All will be coming to a head now and in the next few chapters, so please keep reading.

Thanks always to Sanityfair
Lady Summers’ anxiously paced within her chambers. Her mind commanded that she speak with Elizabeth at once. Divulge all the lies told and shed light upon the omissions in regard to her sequester to England. Additionally, what part each member of this charade had the King, her father, and the Duke of Suffolk. Nervously ringing her hands around a handkerchief, her mind overflowed with thoughts.

“How will Elizabeth be affected, once she is told of the deceit and treachery these men have bestowed upon her? Will she claim I am equally at fault due to my idle tongue? After all is brought forth, will she still be forced to abide in this scandalous travesty?”

Unshed tears glistened in her eyes, as she continued her pace. Abruptly, they ceased. A moment of clarity, an epiphany had shown itself. She would not wait until a private moment with Elizabeth to disclose the truths. All, but one, member was present within the manor’s walls. A glint of satisfaction flickered in her eyes, as the decision was made. The perfect moment for her to free her tongue…tonight’s feast.


**** ****


Several hours later, Lord Summers collected his wife and daughter and escorted them to the banquet hall. Lady Summers appeared calm and collected, despite harboring the knowledge, of what was to come. Lord Summers and Elizabeth proceeded to chatter continuously about the hunt, earlier games with his Grace, and the impending feast.

They approached the wooden doors. The servants opened them with flourish. The heady, mingled aromas of wild boar, rabbit and other savory meats pervaded the air, filling their senses. Soft music echoed through the hall, as Lord Summers escorted Elizabeth to her seat. Once seated, he guided Lady Summers’ to hers. After Lady Summers’ was situated, Lord Summers softly whispered in her ear. Despite the faux smile that adorned her lips her skin crawled with disgust.

“I am pleased that your temperament has softened. After all these years, I had believed this shrew you’ve become was a permanent. Perhaps, if this persists, I may visit your chambers this eve.” With his last words, Lord Summers placed a chaste kiss to her neck, slightly below her ear. Once more, her skin crawled. Lord Summers chuckled low, mistaking these as shivers of pleasure, other than revulsion. He headed towards his seat, at the other end of the table. Within moments, his Grace entered. Fearing he was late, he quickly addressed all those present.

“I apologize for my tardiness. Time escaped me while in my chambers.”

“No need for apologies, Your Grace. The feast would not have begun without you.” Lord Summers assured the seemingly frazzled Duke.

William rounded the table and took his position next to Lord Summers. Despite sensing Elizabeth’s eyes upon him, he never looked her way. William’s mind had been on an endless journey in the hours since his departure from her. He’d explored every thought to exhaustion. Regardless, he had yet to find peace. Nor did he expect to. He knew that the lies he had spoken and the knowledge that he had omitted; would cause a rift between he and Elizabeth that might never be bridged. William feared that upon the truth, he would be cast out of the heaven, which her mere presence created, never to enter within its gates again..

Gratefully, before her trusting gaze continued to bore holes into his liar’s heart, the feast began. Two servants carried the cooked head of the wild boar, which they had hunted earlier. Displayed with an apple in its mouth and encircled with brilliant crimson flowers, which added to the splendor of the presentation. Witnessing this, Elizabeth excitedly informed her mother, of how she had released the hounds and aided in the pursuit of the beast. Whilst it’s tenderly, cooked meat was served, along with other fine foods.

Seamless chatter continued, as extravagant course after course was provided. William began to relax, as he and Lord Summers discussed the hunt and other mundane subjects. His gaze, despite his will, frequently fell upon Elizabeth. However, he would look away, before she became aware of his amorous gazes.

Without success, Elizabeth was unable to draw William’s eyes upon her. She wondered what she had done that had irked him so. Ultimately, she determined it was due to her mother being close by. “He may be averting his gaze out of respect for her,” Elizabeth inwardly noted. Her own answer appeased her mind, as she sampled another morsel from her plate. While the final course of sweets, wines and cheeses were being served, William gently struck his goblet with a knife. In an attempt to call forth everyone’s attention. Grasping the cup, he stood and looked upon those present.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Lord and Lady of this divine manor. Although my stay here was brief, your hospitality has far surpassed all those before you. To Lord and Lady Summers,” William’s sincere voice rose slightly, as the cup in his grasp. Elizabeth proceeded to raise her cup in toast, echoing his words. Once William sat, Lord Summers mirrored his actions.

“Your Grace, it was our utmost pleasure to have you visit our humble home. We are all aware that due to Elizabeth’s exquisiteness, your trip here was not commonplace. Solely, for this matter alone, we are forever in yours and the King’s debt. To the Duke of Suffolk!" Following his toast, and the echo of Elizabeth’s agreement, Lord Summers added,

“Long live, Henry the Eighth, King of England!” Lord Summers, William and Elizabeth echoed their affirmation. As before, Lady Summers remained quiet. Lord Summers’ questioning gaze fell upon her. Before he could speak, Lady Summers stood and addressed all those present,

“If I may, I would like to speak.” Lord Summers’ mouth pursed, as to respond. Witnessing this, Lady Summers’ gaze fell on the Duke. She continued without permission.

“Since your arrival here Your Grace, your presence within these walls has finally unearthed the truth. Which I have forgotten or accepted and Elizabeth has yet to be told…until now. Every malicious transgression and indifference posed upon me, by my husband, which I have once ignored, will no longer be so. For so long, I’ve done this in order to protect my child. I strived to keep Elizabeth hidden from the evilness of this world, and in doing so I have ignored all the slights bestowed upon me. Unfortunately, regardless of all the battles I have won, I’ve lost the war. The victor is the devil that dwells within my own home. Due to the desires and greediness among men, Elizabeth is destined to be a carnal slave to the King. Unbeknownst to her, her seller is her very own father. The buyer of his wares, the man that sits before us, tis you, Your Grace.”

Heavy silence filled the room following her words. Each face that once held contentment, changed drastically. Lord Summers’ features held a look of blind fury. William’s features were full of self-loathing and shame. Elizabeth’s, held astonishment and disbelief. Her eyes began to well with tears, as she beheld all those surrounding her. After several moments, her gaze landed upon William as she whispered,

“William, is this true?”

Desperation strangled the words within his throat. He wanted to tell Elizabeth. She was an innocent in all of this. As Lady Summers’ had stated, her future was cast forth, “due to the desires and greediness among men.” William no longer wanted to play his part. He loved this woman with all of his being, and he would do everything within his power to insure that her once destiny as the King’s mistress would not be fulfilled. His eyes lowered slowly before rising once more. Tears hovered upon his lower lashes, as his gaze finally met hers. William scanned her features once more. Before, they were contorted with hatred and revulsion.

Elizabeth teary eyes searched his face for the truth. Once reaching his misted blues, the truth appeared blatant. Unwilling to believe what she had witnessed, with hope lacing her tone Elizabeth called to him once more.

“William?”

“Tis the truth,” William whispered. His words sounded deafening in his own ears.

Hearing his admission, Elizabeth pulled herself from her chair and fled from the room. Lady Summers’ stare brimmed with hatred, as she looked upon the two men. With regal grace, she followed Elizabeth. Prior to departure, she spoke once more.

“Long live the truth.”

With her words, she exited, leaving two bewildered men in her wake. William’s gaze remained fixed where Elizabeth once resided. Breaking the silence, Lord Summers’ voice changed William’s focus.

“Your Grace, I apologize for my wife’s ill manners, sharp tongue and vile lies. Punishment for these infractions will be swift, I assure you. My heavy hand…”

Before he could finish, William stood quickly, knocking over his chair. He grabbed Lord Summers’ by his doublet. Blazing blues seared puzzled ones. With a clenched jaw, he snarled his response,

“You will do no such thing Lord Summers. Lady Summers only spoke truths. Regardless what light they showed us in, not a fallacy fell from her lips. She will remain unharmed and will be so, until the end of her days. No ill words or heavy hands will befall her. She may be your wife, but she is the King’s subject, and he would not take kindly to mistreatment of her. It would be best for you to remember that!”

Upon the ending of his words, William harshly released Lord Summers and stormed from the room. With quickened strides, he headed towards Elizabeth’s chambers. Once in hearing distance, her cries echoed throughout the halls. William approached the door. He wanted to enter and beg for forgiveness. However, as her sorrow continued, he turned from the door, and shamefully headed towards his chambers. His heart broke upon each step.


**** ****

“Why?”

“As I said before my sweet child, it was the desires of men, which fueled this. We live in a time where women are pawns in men’s games. We are required to abide, trust and devote ourselves wholeheartedly, yet never request nor expect reciprocations. Tis the destiny of women.”

“William was not like this, mother. He has fueled my inner fire, never shying away from the flames nor its heat. He respected my words, regardless of how barbed they became or how they scratched his skin. He claimed we were destined to be man and wife.” Elizabeth's words began strong and decisive, but as they continued, they soften. At the end, they were mere whispers.

“Elizabeth, even though it was so long ago, I was once too, wooed by pleasing and promising words of a handsome man. I was young, almost the same age as yourself, when I met your father. We were wedded, after a whirlwind courtship. Your father was given the blessing of Henry VII, due to me being a Lady in Waiting, and he was a member of his court. Within a year, I was with child-you my sweet Elizabeth. Several years after your birth, your father was given his position as a French Ambassador. At the beginning, we were truly in love, or so I believed. However, once your father received the prestige he longed for. I was no longer worth his time nor effort. Your father remained away for extended periods. He no longer took comforts in our marital bed. His mistresses came shortly after, along with his hateful words and ungentle hands.” Lady Summers’ gaze remained on Elizabeth throughout her tale. Several moments of silence fell between them, before Elizabeth spoke,

“Mother, I am truly sorry for your misfortunes, but this does not mean that I am destined for the same path.”

“I would agree with you my daughter, for if it was not for the means of how I became a Lady in Waiting, which mirrors yours.” Elizabeth’s eyes widened with her mother’s disclosure. Throughout her life, her mother had told her of the joyous and wondrous times she had within the court, as a Lady in Waiting. However, Elizabeth realized, she was never told how she was bestowed the honor. Lady Summers’ gaze became hazy and fixed, as her words began,

“When I was a child, life was simple and filled with kindhearted people. My parents were among those I speak of. They loved each other with a pure love, which regretfully, not all are fortunate to find…”

“Like Eros and Psyche?”

Lady Summers’ eyes cleared briefly, while she beheld her daughter. Cupping her chin with her fingers, a soft loving smile adorned her lips, as she whispered,
“Yes, their love was one for the heavens and stories.” With a deep sigh, she continued,

“During the winter prior to my sixteenth birthday, my father passed unexpectedly during the night. My mother was devastated. Not only was she a widow with a daughter, which was not betrothed, she was without family. No one could take care of us, and the debts that my father’s passing had left behind. Despite the true love that flowed between them, my mother needed to do what she must, to keep us fed and our family together. The following summer, she married once more. Her husband, Lord Rayne, was a vile, cruel man. Where my father fostered my mother’s feelings and worth, Lord Rayne tore apart her entire being. In a matter of months, the once regal woman that would greet all those near, with smiles and tenderness, became a shell of her former self. The final devastation to her, which she never truly recovered from, was when Lord Rayne conspired with your father, for me to become a Lady in Waiting and a young mistress to the King. Both men were hungry for power. They believed if I had the King’s attentions, then each would prosper within the court.”

Elizabeth pulled her mother into a fierce, but comforting hug, as tears spilled down her cheeks. After several moments, Lady Summers pulled away slightly. She placed a tender kiss to her forehead, and then spoke once more,

“I was not aware of their plans until long after your father, and I were wed. After we moved to France and Lord Rayne passed away. It was late one night, following a disagreement, when I was told. I believe the only reason for the disclosure, was due to the combination of your father’s pompous and prideful demeanor and his tongue being loose from wine. Regardless, I finally was told the truth. Otherwise, I don’t believe I would have ever known.”

“And what of the King?” Elizabeth was initially hesitant to ask. However, since this was her fate, she felt that she must know the whole truth.

“Fortunately, the King was not interested in taking a mistress. Do not mistake me, men, especially men of power, believe it is their given right to take mistresses. Henry the VII was a man of value. True he did take mistresses, but only in times that his wife was not able to share their marital bed, when she was heavy with child. Otherwise, he was fully devoted to her. Unlike their son, Henry the VIII, whom is upon the throne presently.”

Elizabeth blanched at her mother’s words. She swallowed past the lump within her throat. With a shaky voice, she inquired.

“How do you know of the King’s nature?”

“Elizabeth, it may have been many years since I have graced the English court. However, I still correspond with those that are well known within. The King has a voracious appetite- for power, prestige, and women... many women. I fear that he now has his sights upon you.”

“I, likewise, share your fear mother. Isn’t there any way that I am able to decline the King’s offer?”

“It pains my heart to say, there is nothing we can do. Your father has accepted the King’s sequester, and it is to be done.” Renewed tears spilled from Elizabeth’s eyes, as she was filled with despair. Until Lady Summers’ words filled her with a glimmer of hope once more.

“Elizabeth, you need to leave for England in the morn. Bring with you, not only your belongings, but your strength and knowledge. All that I have taught you and your formidable mind will assure that you will make your own fate. Not just follow blindly.”

“Thank you mother. I love you and I will make you proud.”

Elizabeth and Lady Summers slid beneath the covers. She placed her head upon her mother’s chest, mirroring a position she always held as a young child. Lady Summers caressed Elizabeth’s golden tresses, with soothing strokes. Once the servants extinguished the candles and parted, Lady Summers’ words were the last Elizabeth heard before sleep overtook her.

“Remember, my dearest Elizabeth, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. (1)”







(1) Eleanor Roosevelt made this quote.






End Notes:
Please, reviews aide with my writing, good, bad or otherwise. Also, check out my new story, which is in it's third chapter, Prize Fighters!
Chapter Twelve by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for being patient with a lengthy delay in posting. My muse was being quite stubborn, so no muse, no story. Gratefully, she is being cooperative, at this moment. I actually have the next chapter almost completely written! Well, thanks to all of you for reading and reviewing my tale. Hopefully this chapter will be worth the wait. Also BIG thanks to sanityfair!!!
Elizabeth met the early dawn with her mother’s soft words and comforting caresses willing her awake. She closed her eyes tighter, in hopes that morn hadn’t truly crested and she could remain within her mother’s embrace.

“I know you are awake my sweet child. You must greet the world with unshielded eyes.” Lady Summers placed a chaste kiss to Elizabeth’s crown before she stirred. Her head still pillowed on her mother’s breast, she spoke.

“Mother, with your guidance and knowledge of the truth this will be so.”

Elizabeth’s words caused a sweet smile to adorn her mother’s lips. Still embracing Elizabeth, Lady Summers spoke.

“Regardless of the miles between us, I will always be your guide.”

“I know this mother. Your wisdom will erase all time and space.”

Elizabeth gave her mother a final hug, as she hesitantly pulled from her embrace. Each woman stood from the bed and walked towards the window.

Golden rays of the dawn’s early light, streamed across the grounds, climbed the manor’s wall and landed upon Elizabeth’s face. Her eyes closed as she soaked in the warmth. With a deep, cleansing breath, she turned to face her mother. With conviction and certainty, Elizabeth announced.

“I am ready to face my destiny.”



**** ****



Elizabeth and Lady Summers walked arm in arm towards the courtyard. Despite the reasons behind this voyage, each woman’s features exuded content and acceptance. Elizabeth had made peace with the knowledge of what her future held.

She had decided her ties with William must be severed. This decision was not made lightly. With all her being, she still loved William, but his dishonesty, was a slight that could not be overlooked. Elizabeth knew William would fight and attempt to change her mind, which she expected. Regardless of his loving and coaxing words, she would remain steadfast. She needed to be, or she would truly be lost.

Elizabeth’s gaze remained fixed on the carriage laden with all her possessions. Her heart sank slightly with the knowledge that in mere moments, her life was truly changing. She would no longer be Lady Elizabeth, daughter to Lord and Lady Summers. Her future title would be of her own making. A Lady in Waiting to Queen Catherine and if the men in her life had any say, a mistress to King Henry VIII.

Elizabeth could feel William’s steady gaze, boring into her. Despite the draw his mere presence dictated, she held firm. Witnessing the coachmen assuming their positions, Elizabeth approached her father to give parting words.

“Father, take care with the notion that I will honor this family whilst I am in England. All that I am and all that I will become is due to my upbringing within these very walls. I assure you, I will never forget who nurtured, cherished and loved me.”

Confidence surrounded each word and filled her features as she addressed her father. Once her last word was spoken, she turned from him and never looked back. Lord Summers’ stone façade remained as Elizabeth approached her mother.

Lady Summers welcomed Elizabeth into her comforting embrace, which both hoped, not for the final time. Each woman held their tears, while Lady Summers whispered parting words as she cradled Elizabeth’s face in her hands.

“Being your mother was my soul purpose upon this earth and my greatest accomplishment. One day when you carry a babe of your own, you will understand the love a mother has for her child. Now go my sweet child, the world awaits you.”

Lady Summers’ placed a final chaste kiss on her forehead and stepped away. Elizabeth’s forlorn smile held as she walked towards the carriage, Anne following in her wake. With aid, she entered and took her seat next to the window where her mother stood. Their gazes held, while Anne, then William took their places.

Elizabeth’s gaze remained. Even when she heard William tap on the side of the carriage twice, to inform the coachmen they were prepared to leave. The carriage jolted slightly before it started to move.

Lady Elizabeth mirrored her mother’s wave and continued to do so, until her mother was no longer in sight. Once she disappeared, her gaze remained outside the window.



**** ****



The carriage made its way to the furthest reaches of the property before it disappeared from her sight. As soon as it had done so, Lady Summers released the tears that she held at bay. Lord Summers approached her after several moments. With a clenched jaw, and words riddled with scorn, he addressed his wife.

“It appears the wretch does have feelings after all. I wonder, do you cry because you no longer can poison our daughter with your hateful thoughts of men or simply because you no longer have an ally within these manor walls?”

Lady Summers’ faced her husband with confidence, which was only shown in small doses, until last night. It was at that moment she vowed unto herself that she would no longer allow this man to speak ill to or about her.

“I do not weep in sadness dearest husband, I do so in joy. My daughter will carry my words and legacy onwards. Each babe she bears will be taught that women are to be cherished, not discarded nor underestimated. When my soul leaves my body and this Earth, I will live on. You will only be celebrated by the maggots which will feast upon your rotting flesh.”

Lord Summers’ eyes blazed from his wife’s disrespectful words. He lunged to grab her arm, and was met with resistance, as she pulled away. Biting words fell once more from his clenched mouth.

“It appears that the devil that resided within your mind has slithered to your mouth and has grabbed hold of your tongue.”

Lady Summers’ stepped forward. With her chin held high, she spoke. “No, twas all me, dearest husband. Twas all me.”

Following her words, Lady Summers’ turned and headed towards the manor, leaving a befuddled man in her wake.



**** ****

William gazed upon Elizabeth, whose eyes had yet to leave the world outside. Her rigid hands remained clasped upon her lap. Only her breath, gave an indication of the life, which dwelled within.

Since the moment, she fled from the hall William had not been able to attain solace nor peace. Not that he believed he deserved them. He rightly deserved any punishment she would bestow upon him. This did include the silence and her ignoring him, which she had been doling out in spades.

Last night, when he entered into his chambers, her cries rang through his mind for many hours, regardless of the jugs of wine he consumed. Neither his mind nor his guilt would let him rest. Time seemed to have no meaning until he greeted the dawn’s light with reddened, tired eyes. With leaden steps, he moved around his chambers preparing for the day.

Within the deep recesses of his mind, he held hope that all that had transpired was a nightmare and Elizabeth would greet him with open arms and kind words. When he spied her entering in the courtyard, not a single gaze sent his way, his fears that this was reality struck deep.

Now, they sat in close quarters, yet worlds apart. He wanted to beg for forgiveness, fall upon one knee pledge his love and devotion to the tiny woman that stole his heart.

Anne felt the tension that radiated off The Duke and Lady Elizabeth. After an hour, the only sound that could be heard were the panting breaths of the horses and the wheels turning, Anne felt she needed to intervene.

“M’lady…”

Her voice sounded foreign to all in earshot. Elizabeth blinked several times to clear her head before she turned towards her.

“Yes Anne?”

“M’lady, I am feeling quite ill. These roads are unkempt and are causing the carriage to rock to and fro. May I travel up front with the coachman awhile?”

Elizabeth was unsure how to answer. With Anne taking ill, she knew that she would be unable to attend to or give comfort to her, while in her own wearisome state. However, if Anne took leave, she would be alone with William. Being left alone in the lion’s den was a precarious place to be, despite how strong Elizabeth’s determination was. One touch of his hand, Elizabeth feared her resolve would disappear. After several moments of thought, Elizabeth responded.

“Anne, tis fine. I regret that you have taken ill. If fresh air will cure you, then, please do so.”

Anne suppressed the smile, which desired to break free on her lips. She knew Lady Elizabeth loved the Duke and the Duke loved her in kind. Regretfully, he had deceived her, in order to serve their King. Normally, Anne would loathe the man for that alone. Except, late last night, she heard soft sobs that echoed from his chambers. The only word that could be deciphered from his drunken sobs was ‘Elizabeth.’

Furthermore, his gaze had yet to leave Elizabeth the entire time. The air was not only heavy with silence, but with pain and regret. Several days back, Elizabeth had requested her help with matters of the heart. Anne was going to do just that.

William knocked on the wood twice to halt the carriage. The coachman slowed the horses down, until they had come to rest. After several moments, he had knocked on the door and spoke.

“Your Grace, is there something amiss?”

“Yes, please allow Lady Elizabeth’s handmaiden to accompany you up front.”

“Yes, Your Grace.” With his words, the door swung open. He offered his hand to aid Anne out. Before the door closed, William spoke once more.

“I needn’t remind you your manners do I?”

“No, Your Grace.”

“Very well.”

With a nod, William excused him. Several moments passed before the carriage moved once more. The silence within seemed to thicken without Anne present. William could not bear anymore.

“Elizabeth, will silence be our constant companion?”

Only silence met his question. William huffed loudly and attempted to shift himself from one side of the carriage to the other. Before he could lift his body, Elizabeth’s words echoed within.

“Do not sit next to me Your Grace.”

William was hurt by her tone, which was riddled with disdain. Additionally, she used his title, not his name. He was unsure what he could say to have her at least, look upon him once more. While his mind raced, Elizabeth’s voice rang out.

“I have only one question for you, may I ask it?”

For the first time, her gaze shifted from the world outside to him. William’s heart sank further, as he looked upon the once sparkling greens, which were now filled with distrust and anguish.

“Please Elizabeth, ask anything you so desire. I am yours to wield.”

“Why?”

William’s brow furrowed from her question. It was so broad. Why…what? Why did he love her? Why wasn’t he honest? Why did he let others string him along? There were so many possibilities, so many answers. Regardless of all those that looped through his mind, he was not prepared for hers.

“Why did you not prepare me better for the King, if I am to be his mistress?”

William’s eyes widened, as bile rose in his throat, hearing her words. He questioned himself if he heard her correctly.

With a shaky voice he spoke, “Did you just…” Before he could finish, Elizabeth interrupted.

“Yes, you heard me correctly. I inquired why you hadn’t performed your duties in preparing me to be the King’s whore.”

“Elizabeth, you are no one’s whore! How could you ever believe that anyone could label you as such?” William asked incredulously.

“If this is not the truth, then why did you use my body, to create a pliable mind? My knowledge instructs me that one, who uses their body to achieve their desires, is a whore.” Elizabeth looked upon William with disdain. Narrowing her eyes, she continued, “Maybe, you are correct, I am not the King’s whore. That title belongs solely to you.”

Elizabeth’s words scorched his soul, as if she had pushed him into the pits of hell. Before he could speak, she turned to face the window once more. His gaze held on Elizabeth, wishing he could repair the damage he had done. William feared he had truly lost her, to the greediness of men.
End Notes:
Reviews are loved and cherished!
Chapter Thirteen by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
I know a lot of you were disheartened from the last chapter. I'm sorry, but it had to be done. For all of you faithful fans remember, it's always darkest before the dawn...and look, here comes the sun!

Big hugs to Sanityfair for being my beta.

fortnight=2 weeks
Subsequent to the truthful, yet hurtful words Elizabeth had spoken to William, she had not spoken to him in a fortnight. In the beginning, avoidance was easy; seasickness rendered her bed bound for several days. Once she gained her ‘sea-legs’, the task became more difficult.

The galleon offered much room for her to keep her distance. However, on each turn William would be within eyeshot. His enchanting sapphire gaze attempted to draw her in, such as the sirens, which were believed to inhabit the waters below. Impressively, to her own mind, forlornly to his, she maintained her resolve, just barely.

Eves were the most challenging. William’s cabin was located next to hers. Their beds lay adjacent to each other’s, only the wall separating them. She could hear each deep sigh, every movement he made while wrapped within his sheets. Elizabeth was also privy to more intimate moments.

She did not intend to spy, not at first. When she first noticed a gape in the wood, she begged Anne to switch beds. Anne ensured her that her bed was made of the finest goose feathers, where hers was stuffed with mere straw. Additionally, she noted that her bed was by the window, which would bring about more seasickness. Begrudgingly, Elizabeth agreed.

One eve, when the ship was quiet, Elizabeth was stirred from her sleep by peculiar sounds. After numerous rounds of ‘should she, should she not’ in her mind, she peeked through the gap. There on his bed, was William, gloriously nude. Elizabeth quickly pulled away, shaming herself for her wayward gaze. His pants became louder and more urgent, causing a blossoming within her womb.

Despite her mind demanding that she not look once more, her body won, as she resumed her gaze. William held his manhood within a firm grasp. With lavish strokes, he ascended and descended the hardened column. His face was contorted with pleasure, his eyes sealed shut, mouth drawn in a tight line, jaw clenched. He was exquisite.

She noticed his ministrations becoming quicker in pace, matched only by his breathing. In moments, his body stiffened, as a milky fluid escape the head. In witnessing this, Elizabeth’s breath caught with awe. Once the ejection began to lessen and then end, William’s body relaxed. A slight baritone chuckle and purr escaped his lips, while he remained briefly motionless. Afterwards, he cleared away his spendings, blew out his lantern, and then proceeded to fall asleep. Unlike Elizabeth, which spent the rest of the eve, wide-awake pondering what had just transpired.

This incident took place a half of a fortnight ago. Since then, Elizabeth became more brazen with her spying. Once Anne’s breathing became methodical, Elizabeth would await William’s return to his cabin, some eves later than others. Last eve, he was inebriated from ale. He stripped quickly, and fell to his bedding without covering himself.

Elizabeth used this opportunity to study his body fully. His alabaster flesh appeared almost flawless, except for the deep scar that adorned his brow. Sculpted muscles lay dormant under his flesh. One part of his anatomy fascinated her most; the shaft of manhood, which lay semi-erect in a thatch of dark curls.

The marmoreal column appeared as it was sculpted to perfection. In this state, the rounded tip was only in partial view, hidden by the foreskin. It rested to his left, clearly favoring his predominant side. Avec le bras gauche du diable travaille ses actes*, echoed in her mind. She released a slight giggle.

William stirred slightly, as Elizabeth stifled her mirth. Her giggle transformed into a gasp, when her whispered name slipped past his lips. Her eyes widened, as his cock began to swell and harden. His whisper became a low groan, which surrounded her name. ’Elizabeth.’

His deep rumble swam in her mind, causing her body to react. Her desire, which was once smoldering, ignited and burned hot within. Pebbled nipples rubbed against the cotton of her night sheath, causing her flesh to ripple. Green eyes became fixed on the intriguing and erotic sight before her.

This was the first time Elizabeth explored her own heated body. Her hands tentatively ran over herself, the material being the only barrier. They settled on her heaving breasts. After fondling them several times, one hand lowered to the apex of her thighs. Timid fingers grazed her core once, which resulted in a soft mewl to spill from her parted lips. Gaining confidence from the desire building within, she stroked the area. Her peaked tips hardened, begging for attention. Warm secretions seeped from her womanhood. Her body desperately urged her to continue.

Slowly raising her sheath, her hands sought the bare flesh of her breasts and her dampened center. Her eyes closed, as pleasure filled her. With deft fingers in her feminine folds and the others upon her breast, Elizabeth brought herself to completion. Never before had she experienced this blissful array of satisfaction and calm. With deep breaths, she brought herself down from the pinnacle of ecstasy.

A dream-filled sleep immediately followed. Her dreams began with erotic flashes of William. Slowly, they merged with her memories of self-gratification. Prior to awaking, William was bestowing pleasure upon her body, which far surpassed her own eager hands.

Once she slipped from her dreams, her inner thighs were slick with desire and her skin held a thin layer of perspiration. Throughout the day, she avoided William completely, afraid he would see the longing she held for him, firmly fixed within her eyes.

That eve, while both ladies were within the cabin participating in cross-stitch, Anne noticed for an hour, not a stitch had been made, due to Elizabeth’s hands clenched with anxiousness. Her gaze frequently landed on the wall by her bed. Finally, Anne questioned her.

“M’lady, tis all well?”


Slightly startled, she responded, “Ah, yes, I am well. Just ready to retire, the day has been trying and the comforts of my bed are calling me.”

Anne's features remained unaffected by her words, but her mind raced. She was aware of the tension, emotionally and physically, which lay between her lady and the Duke.

During the days, his gaze, filled with sadness and regret, remained fixed upon her. Lady Elizabeth’s would clearly ignore him, but Anne could tell it took all her being to do so.

The eves were more trying. Due to sharing a cabin with Elizabeth and the thin walls, she could hear each tossing within their sleep, not even dreams giving them solace. Several times, Anne heard Elizabeth whisper in her troubled sleep, his name.

Regardless of the pain and deceit that The Duke had bestowed upon Lady Elizabeth, she knew their love was one for the ages. Due to the stubbornness of her lady and the wounded emotional state of The Duke, Anne knew that this mentally torturous dance would continue, unless once more, she intervened. A knowing smile teased the edges of her lips. Resuming her cross-stitch, a plan formulated within her mind.

Shortly after her brief talk with Anne, slumber called to Elizabeth. Stripping down to her chemise and petticoat, she vowed that she would momentarily close her eyes for a short nap.

When she finally awoke, the stillness of the eve surrounding her. Elizabeth blinked several times to adjust to the darkness. Preparing to succumb to slumber once more, a deep baritone voice stilled her.

His voice wasn’t clear. Elizabeth surmised that he must be away from his bed. She situated herself upon the bedding, in order to get a glimpse into the room. An object blocked her view. Despite Elizabeth attempting to push it with her finger, it refused to budge.

Elizabeth placed her ear to the wood, in an attempt to hear. A string of William’s muffled words continued then stopped. Soon another voice sounded…a female voice.

Elizabeth blanched, as her head turned towards the bed of the only other woman upon the ship-Anne. Regardless of the knowledge that it would indeed be empty, she needed to look. It was, as she feared empty. The mere thought that Anne, her handmaiden, was in her William’s cabin, instantly filled Elizabeth with rage.

Elizabeth angrily extracted the linens, which cocooned her body, and stormed from the cabin. Within several fury-filled steps, she stood on the threshold of his door. Through the wooden barrier, she could hear Anne’s coos.

“Your Grace, mmm…please.”

Without announcement or warning of any kind, William’s cabin door slammed open. Startling the two occupants, which were passionately embraced within. Anne tried to pull from The Duke, yet he refused to release her. Eyes trained upon Elizabeth, he placed a languished kiss, on the column of her throat. Upon finishing, his words rang out.

“Lady Elizabeth, what do I owe this pleasure? As you can see, I am indisposed at the present moment. However, if you care to wait, well for sometime, I can address whatever need that you have at this hour.”

Holding by mere threads, Elizabeth composed her fury. With a clenched jaw, she seethed.

“Get…out…now.”

The pure wrath that filled her lady’s eyes caused Anne to pull quickly from his embrace. In a scurry of movements, she was gone. Taking her dress that was lying on his bed, which had initially blocked Elizabeth’s view.

The only sound in the room, were the heavy breaths of both parties, as their gazes held. Neither heard Anne depart, nor the door close behind her. Several tense moments, passed before Elizabeth stepped forward and stood within arm's length of William.



**** ****



Ten minutes prior


Resembling a caged panther, William paced within his room with sleek, feline grace. He muttered softly, while he contemplated his next move.

Every day became more tedious than the last. He tried to shower Elizabeth with attentions, tried to talk to her, just reside near her. Each attempt was refuted. She paid him no mind at all.

The eves were the worst. His body cried out for solace that only her body could give. For penance, William tried to withhold pleasure. Many times, he succeeded. However, each eve became worse than the last. Until in the wee hours of early morn, as sleep evaded him, and the pain of his unrelenting, hardened cock, plague him, he finally surrendered.

Since that moment, the mere thoughts of Elizabeth being within an arm’s reach, just past a wooden barrier, fueled his hand, while he brusquely tugged the spendings from his loins. Each time, her whispered name tumbled from his lips.

During his hundredth passing of his bed and the common wall just beyond William had an epiphany. He would approach Elizabeth in her cabin and speak with her.

“Now, what words to say.” William inwardly contemplated.

Breaking William from his thoughts was a soft knock on his door. His brow furrowed on who would be calling upon him at this hour. There were no sounds of drunken squabbles, and the seas and sky were peaceful, so he was perplexed on whom it might be.

Before he could reach the wooden barrier, the door opened slowly. A petite, woman stepped into the room. Long, blonde tresses hung down the center of her back, causing William’s heart to race. The following moment, he began to deflate, as the woman turned to face him. She stepped into the light. William noticed that this was Anne, Elizabeth’s handmaiden.

“Childe, why are you here? Has your mistress taken ill?”

Concern filled William’s words and features, as he met her in the middle of the room. Several silent moments passed. On the edge, William grabbed her upper arms, shook her slightly to fuel a response.

“Answer me! Has Elizabeth taken ill?”

Anne’s dark brown eyes rose to meet his stormy blue. Without warning, she lunged forward, in an attempt to kiss him. Before her lips could meet his, he backed away from her.

“I do not know why you are here childe, but it would be best that you leave, immediately.”

“Your Grace, I apologize for my forwardness.”

With a curtsey, she turned to leave. No longer on the edge, but needing to be far away from her, William turned to face the furthest wall. Anne took this opportunity to disrobe and strategically place her dress on the gap along the shared wall.

Not hearing the door open, nor close, William turned to see if Anne had departed. Standing in the middle of his room, she stood adorned only in a night shift. William’s eyes widened with confusion. He stalked forward, grabbing Anne by the arm to escort her out. Anne skillfully pulled from him, and threw herself into his arms, moaning loudly.

“Your Grace, mmm…please.”

In an instant, William’s door slammed open, revealing an enraged Elizabeth. William felt the woman within his arms stiffen, and attempt to pull away. Instantly, William decided that if this were the only way to evoke Elizabeth’s attentions, then he would use this moment to his advantage.



**** ****



Several tense moments, passed before Elizabeth stepped forward and stood within arm's length of William.

“Your Grace, as I have stated before, there are rules, which have been dictated in regard to expectations of your behavior. The women, from me to my handmaiden are to be treated with the utmost respect. We are not here to feed your--your whims. You have taken advantage of my hospitality and patience for the last time!”

Upon her last word, Elizabeth attempted to strike William with her palm. He captured her wrist. With anger filling his features, he seethed.

“Lady Elizabeth, as I said before…very unwise.” His gaze held malevolence, as he continued, “Since I am not in your home, nor are you my keep nor my wife, your hand will not be placed upon me in anger nor discipline!”

Elizabeth stood speechless, as mirrored chests rose and fell. After several moments, William spoke once more.

“What is that sound I hear—silence? Have I finally slain the beast, which dwells within the cavern of your mouth? What an epic moment when—“ Instantly, Elizabeth’s passionate lips silenced William.









*With the left arm, the devil works his deeds.
End Notes:
Reviews are loved and cherished.
Chapter Fourteen by Behind Blue Eyes
Author's Notes:
I want to thank everyone that is still following, enjoying and reviewing this story. As of late, my muse has been very finicky to say the least. Fear not, I will finish this story. Huge thanks to Sanityfair, my beta, for without her guidance and help none of my stories would be worth a damn.
William’s eyes widened with surprise, then blissfully fluttered closed. Elizabeth eagerly explored the heated cavern of his mouth. Tongue delving deeply—stroking, searching, demanding; she continued to fuel the fire building between them.

Her scantily clad body pressed intimately against his. Elizabeth could feel his hardened length, swell between their bodies. A wave of feminine pride filled her that she could invoke this reaction, from a mere kiss.

Her hands firmly grasped his shoulders in an attempt to anchor herself. Dual moans of gratification intermingled and echoed throughout the cabin.

William wrapped his arm around Elizabeth’s petite waist possessively, while his other hand wove into her flowing locks, cradling her head. Passionately, he broke from her lips to attend to the sensitive flesh along her jaw. Further still, his mouth descended the column of her throat, gently kissing and nipping her. Pleading mewls and biting nails embedded into his shoulders, fueled his fervent ministrations.

Whispers of affection spilled from his lips, while he continued to tantalize her flesh. Elizabeth’s mind whirled from the mixture of desire and affection for the man, which had possessed her, in one form or another, from their first encounter.

“My sweetheart— how I’ve longed for you— my mouth craved your flesh— my ears craved your voice— my body craved your touch—my entire being, mindlessly and wholly, craved.”

She felt his warm breath on her skin as he spoke the words. Accompanied by the urgency of his touch, caused her body to react; her skin tingled from the slightest touch, heart and breath raced, womb became heavy and slick with desire. When he growled his final word into her throat, her resolve faltered.

Elizabeth released his shoulders and urgently tugged his shirt from his breeches. Once freed, her hands deftly traveled under the hem and sought his bare flesh. The moment she made contact, William’s breath hitched as if she burnt him from her touch. His reaction continued to fuel her boldness. Her nails slowly scored down his chest scraping the once flat discs of his nipples in the process.

Reacting to her ministrations William’s hand, which was embedded in her tresses, tightened. He extracted his mouth from her flesh, guiding her face to his. His lust-riddled gaze sought and bore into hers. Barely maintaining his grip on self-control, through a clenched jaw, he spoke.

“You’re playing with fire, Elizabeth. Do not stoke, if you have no desire to tend to this blaze.”

Hearing his warning, an iniquitous grin adorned her thoroughly savored lips. Elizabeth’s words held a purring quality, as she responded.

“William, I intend to raze this very world in which we exist, until all that is left is our bodies worshiping one another.”

Her declaration caused William’s eyes to flash hungrily with lust. With a whirlwind of movements, he released her and quickly shed his shirt. When freed, he seized her mouth once more. A deep moan rose from his throat as the fine material of her chemise grazed his sensitive skin.

Her wayward hands greedily sought contact with his bare flesh. Upon each stroke, William’s muscles bunched and relaxed.

Elizabeth’s nipples puckered from his talented mouth and hands. Needing to be free of the barrier between them, William gradually raised her chemise. Their lips broke apart momentarily, while the fabric cleared her head and was hastily discarded.

William stared in admiration as she was revealed. Her golden hair tumbled down her breasts and back. Her long locks parted slightly to reveal rose-dusted peaks.

“Effulgent.” William’s awe-inspired whisper caused Elizabeth’s core to clench. Her arms reached for him as their lips fused once more. Dual moans echoed when flesh met flesh.

His mouth descended leaving pleasurable nips in his wake. Once he reached his desired destination, he painstakingly lavished feather-like kisses on each breast, avoiding the sensitive buds. Elizabeth’s head lolled back, savoring his exploration.

“William…Please.”

Her pleading whisper caused his erection to harden further, pressing almost painfully against the fabric of his breeches. Murmuring against her mounds William's words teased.

“Is this what you crave my sweetheart?” Immediately, his tongue swirled around the areola, causing her breath to hitch. Her hands wound into his locks firmly holding him to her.

“Yes…”

While his mouth skillfully tended one peak, his deft fingers tended the other. Elizabeth’s persistent mewls and whispers of his name urged his continuance.

Without breaking from his ministrations, William gradually lowered himself to kneel before her. While both hands continued to please, his mouth traveled lower, to her abdomen. His tongue drew lazy patterns across her golden flesh. Elizabeth’s head rolled forward to witness his actions through hazy eyes.


Sliding his hands downward, William reached for the bindings that held her petticoat. Elizabeth placed her hands upon his, stilling them.

Uncertainty marred William’s eyes, as he looked upward. Before he could speak, Elizabeth’s hands urged him to stand. Following her silent request, William now stood before her.

“I give myself unto you William, as a wife doths her husband. My body, heart and soul are yours for all of time.”

Releasing the ties on her petticoat the material slid down her slender hips, pooling at her feet. Regardless of Elizabeth barring her body to him, his gaze remained fixed with hers.

Astonishment replaced uncertainly, for the tiny woman before him. Never in his life had another person meant more than Elizabeth had. William’s voice held strong, as he returned the vow.

“I give myself unto you Elizabeth, as a husband doths his wife. My body, heart and soul are yours for all of time.”

William tenderly swept Elizabeth into his arms, carrying her to his bed. With care, he placed her upon the linens as his gaze drank in the majestic woman before him. A rosy blush tinted her flawless skin. Her flowing tresses framed her body, a halo of golden light. Full bee-stung lips parted, awaiting his to worship hers once more. Imploring green eyes were wide with love. Utter perfection. Elizabeth’s coaxing words and outstretched hand, pulled William from his reverie.

“William, come lie with me.”

Sliding his hand into hers, he slowly lowered himself onto the bed, to lie beside her. Tentative kisses quickly turned ravenous. His mouth once more left hers, eagerly descending, lavishing attention upon all exposed flesh in his path.

William’s wicked tongue endlessly tantalized her as his hands lowered until he reached the threshold of her womanhood. Gently, his fingers stroked the sensitive flesh residing beneath the downy tuft of hair covering her mound. Elizabeth’s breath caught, her legs relaxed and splayed, welcoming his touch.

His deft fingers sought her silky womanly folds. Elizabeth was mindless with need. William continued to tease her core, as tentatively, one finger grazed her opening, dipping in slightly. Elizabeth rolled her hips; her mewls urged him to continue his exploration. Gently, he slid one digit into her core. Her snug womb fluttered causing his eyes to roll with anticipation.

A moan spilled from William’s throat feeling the pure heat encasing his eager exploring finger. Her hungry feminine muscles drew him in until he was a full knuckle deep. Elizabeth’s mewl and blissful expression, urged him to add another finger.

Her eyes widened slightly from his heavenly intrusion of dual digits. William continued tenderly entering and exit her womb, curling his fingers upon exit, causing her breath to hitch in pleasure. All the while, his mouth bestowed hungry kisses and nips on her heated flesh.

From his skillful ministrations, Elizabeth’s mind spun with ecstasy. Her heartbeat thrummed in her ears and against her ribs. Feeling on the verge of mindless bliss, she had only felt for the first time a day before vibrated throughout her body. Starting as a slow roll within her womb, instantly transformed into full body tremors. Her climax consumed and devoured her completely. Crying out, she christened William’s hand with her spendings. His lust-riddled mind shared in her pleasure, drinking in her reaction.

“William…Please,” Elizabeth’s pleas broke through the haze that wrapped around his mind. Slowly extracting his fingers both groaned with disappointment from the lack of intimate contact. Sliding up her taut form, William hovered slightly over her, dsired-filled pools of blue trained on her.

“Sweetheart, what do you desire?” After several beats of his question stirring in her mind, Elizabeth spoke.

“Come into me, William.”

His heart soared from her request. From the moment, she knew of his betrayal, William feared he would be forever barred from heaven, his heaven, Elizabeth. Never had he dared to dream she would welcome him within her arms, especially not into her heart.

William extracted himself from her awaiting body and knelt before her. Slowly releasing the bindings of his breeches, he freed himself. Elizabeth’s eyes drank in the perfection before her. A coy, loving smile tickled the edge of her full lips.

He fought the urge to rush. She looked so wanton lying there; her thighs splayed tempting him with heaven. William’s voice was husky with need.

“Elizabeth, my manhood breeching you may hurt, at first. I will be gentle, so as not to cause too much discomfort. However, pain will be certain. Please forgive me for this. I promise, once your maidenhead is no more, our coupling will be pleasurable.”

“William, I trust you not to harm me more than needed. Now, please…” With an extended hand, his heart swelled with love for the woman before him as he placed his hand into hers.

Elizabeth’s hips shifted, legs splayed to accommodate her soon-to-be lover. Pleasure-filled moans fell from their parted lips when their bare skin touched. From chests to hips, their bodies locked together. Hungry mouths began to devour one another. William shifted slightly, his hardened cock sliding over her dampened folds.

Using his arms, he hovered above her, as he poised his cock at her entrance. Gently sliding into her folds with the belled tip, William’s jaw clenched, eyes closed. The combination of intense sensations, her virgin folds kissing the head of his cock, her nails biting into his forearms, and mewls of pleasure, caused his resolve to falter. Quickly battling the strong desire to surge forward, with an unsteady breath his hips continued their slow trek.

Elizabeth’s breath hitched and stilled his movement. His concerned gaze fell upon her. Her eyes tightly shut, her features pinched, and her breath came in shallow pants. Her appearance filled his heart with dread. William never for the rest of his days, desired to cause any pain to his beloved. He was broken from his inner musings, by the loving touch of her palm against his cheek.

“Sweet William, this act is of passion. Not pain, which is merely fleeting.”

Unshed tears blurred her vision, but her gaze remained true. Placing a tender loving kiss on her lips, William pulled from her slightly. His teasing breath danced across her mouth, as his soft tenor filled her ears.

“I love you, my dearest Elizabeth.”

“And I you, William.”

Hearing her words, William surged forward catching her cry with his mouth. Once fully seated, he cradled her face in his hands and tenderly kissed away each tear shed. He stilled his hips, waiting for her breathing to slow and the tears to subside. Elizabeth’s lids fluttered open, her green gaze filled with complete and utter love.

As their gazes held, Elizabeth slowly rolled her hips to urge his movements. Their connection was lost, when William’s lids slammed shut from the intense pleasure that swelled from his loins and spread throughout his body.

Boldly, she shifted her hips once more. The pain that she felt was slowly subsiding with each movement. William pulled from her womb, leaving only the belled head remaining. With care, he entered once more. He could feel the tensions that permeated her body, released slowly with his alternating motions.

Where once there were whimpers of pain and discomfort, were transformed into mewls and gasps of pleasure spurring his ministrations. Hands that clutched his shoulders, slid downward, stroking his exposed flesh with tender caresses.

“Sweetheart…so beautiful…this wondrous gift…I love you…God, how I love you.”

His words washed over her, filling her with utter love and devotion. Elizabeth had never felt feelings of this magnitude before. These feelings were not only love, but of completion. William was a piece of her soul, she never knew was missing until it was found. She knew there were many slights that still ran deep, but with time and patience, all would be forgiven.

William’s tempo increased, causing soft mewls to increase in intensity and volume. Boldly, Elizabeth’s fingers descended until she reached the swells of his ass. Gripping tightly, his eyes widened with surprise and excitement.

“Little minx…my little minx.” William purred before he plundered her mouth. Dueling teeth and tongues battled for dominance, which neither was willing to relinquish. With each withdraw, her slick heat surrounding him fought to pull him in deeper.

His mind swam with intense pleasure, which was never found with any other woman before. The tiny treasure beneath him was his, in this life and the next. Never would he seek comfort from anyone besides Elizabeth. She was his and he, hers forever.

The tightening of his heavy sac announcing his impending climax pulled him from his thoughts. Slowing his hips to a deep steady thrusts, he panted as he spoke.

“Elizabeth…my sweet…my climax…is impending—“Before he could continue, Elizabeth intervened.

“William, please fill me with your seed. My womb awaits your beginnings for life.” Instantly, his movements stilled eyes wide.

“Do you understand that my completion may result in a child to grow within your womb? A child…my child.”

Elizabeth’s lips rose with a sweet smile. Cradling his face with her hands, her understanding gaze held his.

“Our child, William. He or she will be our child.”

To hinder any more words of protest, she placed a heated kiss on his slack lips. Her tongue trailed across the seam of his lips, urging his movement. Instantly, William deepened their kiss. Her hands remained upon his face, their gaze fixed, while his hips resumed their pace.


Elizabeth felt warmth spread from her womb outwards, touching each nerve. Her inner folds quivered with impending climax, causing William to groan from the tight muscles constricting and relaxing.

Following several steady drives forward, they reached their pinnacle of sheer bliss. Simultaneously, her feminine walls contracted, while she received his spendings. Echoes of their completion and whispers of love and devotion filled the room.

Once his movements stilled, William rested his head on Elizabeth’s heaving chest. With comforting strokes, she ran her hands through his locks. After endless moments of soothing caresses, he pulled from her, and lay to her side. Wrapping his arm around her, he pulled her close to his body, situating the sheets on their spent bodies.

Elizabeth’s head pillowed upon his chest, her hand rested over his heart. His steady breathing and soothing caresses eventually lulled her to sleep. Placing a chaste kiss to her crown, William softly pledged his love and followed her into blissful slumber.





End Notes:
Let me know what you think. ALL reviews are cherished and helpful. Also, a little self promotion--the next chapter of Prize Fighter was just posted and a new story, Unlocking Ecstasy...take a look!
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=36591