Of Things That Would Never Be by Blond Goth Girl
Summary: A mysterious warlock promises Buffy a vacation and Spike his secret wish. Little do they realize, the trick he has played on them both. Will they accept a new reality or continue down a path of mutual destruction? AU after season two. (Historical) Buffy/William Buffy/Spike. Beautiful banner by pamsblau
Spike,Buffy,Spuffy
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Action, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Freaky/Kinky, Sexual Situations, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: No Word count: 44093 Read: 27504 Published: 04/10/2010 Updated: 10/13/2011

1. Something Warlock This Way Comes by Blond Goth Girl

2. Peonies and Parasols by Blond Goth Girl

3. Pratt, William Pratt by Blond Goth Girl

4. Dancing and Deception by Blond Goth Girl

5. Comeuppance by Blond Goth Girl

6. Barefoot in the Park by Blond Goth Girl

7. The Beast Below by Blond Goth Girl

8. Morning Glory by Blond Goth Girl

9. Visionary by Blond Goth Girl

10. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner by Blond Goth Girl

11. William Pratt and the Magic Strawberry Pebble by Blond Goth Girl

12. So NOT A Lady by Blond Goth Girl

13. The Lawful and the Lawless by Blond Goth Girl

14. Yule Tidings by Blond Goth Girl

15. A Victorian Christmas by Blond Goth Girl

16. A Victorian Wedding by Blond Goth Girl

17. The Wedding Night by Blond Goth Girl

18. Mischief in Malaga by Blond Goth Girl

19. The Young Victorian Wife by Blond Goth Girl

20. Saint Patrick’s Celebrations by Blond Goth Girl

21. My Grapefruit by Blond Goth Girl

Something Warlock This Way Comes by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
This chapter has now been Beta'd by my awesome beta Lori also known as SnowyHedwig on HPFF. Lori has beta'd on HPFF for me for most all my stories and has graciously started on my Spuffy story. THANKS LORI.
Of things that would never be: such were the thoughts on the slayer’s mind as she absently twirled her wooden stake in her hand. Stifling a potential depression but not the accompanying boredom, Buffy slumped down on a rather large headstone. *Too much quietness in the cemetery tonight, maybe I could have attended the ‘We survived another Saturday fling’ hosted by the ever popular Cordelia. Popularity and carefree parties: now there’s something I miss and will never have, so much for having a life.*






Privately, Buffy celebrated her own pity party. *Save people, kill demons and what do I get in return: a boyfriend who… well, I don’t know if he’s REALLY my boyfriend? Well, once I lose my virginity to him, maybe he’ll stop being so evasive. How does a cheating psychopath like Drusilla get a hot, monogamous, doting, caring boyfriend who sticks with her for like a century? Spike with that chiseled body, piercing blue eyes and cheekbones that should be illegal, not to mention sexy bad boy attitude…oh and dreamy accent. Wait a minute; Spike hot? No, evil. EVIL. Bad Buffy! Too bad he died in that church. That’s the reason you’re thinking of him; you would have rather fought him to the end …of Mr. Pointy, a worthy fight for a worthy opponent.*






Deciding not to dwell, Buffy circled the cemetery once more when she heard a deep British male voice. “Bollocks!” echoed through the air followed by thumps and cracks.






Excitedly she chased the noises, coming to a halt at an unusual scene. Before her, a man wearing a black leather Nauru styled jacket dusted a vampire with a stake. Not far away, two more vampires charged at him. Instinctively, Buffy intercepted but before she could take three steps, the man shot two balls of flame at them instantly dusting them. Momentarily, he turned to her and smiled as he shook vampire dust off himself. “Sodding vampires,” he muttered, “Always getting dust everywhere.” Upon closer inspection, Buffy could see that he had a medium but muscled physique with wavy light brown hair pulled into a short ponytail at the base of his neck, high cheekbones and an aristocratic nose. “’Allo, M…ma’am,” he greeted.






*I am so NOT a ma’am.* “Who are you and what are you?”






“I’m a warlock, can’t tell you who I am, though.”






A chill ran down Buffy’s spine as she readied her stake. Not that it would do much good against a warlock. “What do you want?”






“Your happiness,” he calmly answered. “Please lower your weapon. I don’t fancy disintegrating it.”






“Stop with the games,” she stated tersely. “Warlocks are evil.”






“Stereotype much,” he mused. “While I wouldn’t classify myself as good, I’m definitely not evil.”






Buffy lowered her weapon but not her guard. “What do you want from me?”






“Unlike everyone else in your life, I want nothing from you. I want to offer you something instead.” Sid took a seat on one of the larger headstones nearby. “You protect the innocents from the Hellmouth and you get nothing in return. I’m offering you what you wish for.”






“Oh yeah,” Buffy half snorted. “Like making a deal with the devil? I get that, but actually I find that I like my life here better? People I love get killed because of what I want? Some demon gets released or gets more powerful? How close am I?”






“Not even close,” he answered. “Nothing bad will happen. All I am offering you is a vacation that will last a year and a day. After that, you’ll be back here tomorrow evening. I’ll even patrol for you. Trust me, you really need this break or your future looks pretty dismal.”






For some reason Buffy felt a slight connection to this warlock that she couldn’t explain, and sensed that she could trust him. *Must be a spell of some kind.* “If I believe you, and I’m not saying that I do, what do you mean by dismal? And don’t give me prophecy and riddles.”






“I’m not one for prophecy and riddles like the Council of Wankers…err, Watchers. However, I can’t give you explicit details.” When he saw Buffy roll her eyes, he continued. “It’s not a good idea to know everything about your future. You need some surprises. Besides, the future is what you make of it.”






Buffy threw her hands in the air. “Whatever,” she exclaimed as she turned away from him.






“Do you really want to know about the future?”






“Duh, I wouldn’t be asking if I didn’t. Talking to you is so NOT a good idea.” Buffy shook her head slowly. This guy spelled trouble.






“Some of the things you wish for you get, even though you still face many desperate situations. But the trouble is you.”






“What?” she asked incredulously. Turning, she saw he had perched himself on a tall marble mausoleum, possibly to get out of the way of bodily harm or show off his levitation skills.






“You become bitter, dead inside.” Sid looked down, averting his saddened eyes. “You want someone to love you and stand by your side. You get that, and you love him very much and he loves you but you….never mind.”






“I what….I lose Angel because of some stupid prophecy?” she continued, pacing the grounds angrily.






“No, it’s not Angel. Angel is only puppy love. By the time you get to know this man, you have already changed. You ….abuse him. For his part, he’s been love’s bitch for so long that he feels he deserves it.” Sid refused to look at her, choosing instead to twiddle his thumbs. Using an enchanted crystal bowl filled with water from the Dead Sea, his visions showed him the relationship between Buffy and Spike, especially after her resurrection. “The abuse is verbal and physical.” A disgusted look crossed his face. “Both of you are guilty at times,” he muttered.






While her mind reeled over the thought of her becoming an abuser, Buffy’s mind blocked out the last part of what he said. “I what?” she replied in a shaky voice. If she landed a terrific guy, even a not so terrific one, Buffy doubted she could ever be the monster this warlock described. Plus, what she felt for Angel wasn’t puppy love, wasn’t it?






“It’s true. Later he dies saving you, saving the world. You tell him you love him, but by then he doesn’t believe you.” Visions showed him the destruction of the Hellmouth with Spike burning in flames, not believing Buffy’s declaration of love.






“So I become a monster like the ones I slay,” she deduced.






“No, you still fight the good fight, but you die inside, bit by bit.” Sid felt his heart sink as he remembered his visions. “Your lover is actually resurrected, but he never returns to you because of ….the way things were. He believed you were better off without him and that you never truly loved him. You never find true love again.”






As she watched her companion’s reactions, Buffy saw pain etched in his faced. “Is he…was he you? Are you trying to change the past to make us work?”






“No, I’m not him. That’s not possible.” Sid’s shoulders slumped. “Your lover is my ...friend…best friend, sometimes. You both are in the future.”






“By giving me what I want, I won’t become the person you described. You’re trying to save us, aren’t you?”






“Yes, if you’ll let me.”






“Why?”






“You both mean a lot to me.” Sid looked up, hopeful this time. “Only you can change you, and I can’t just give you what you want on a silver platter. However, I can engineer the circumstances so you have the opportunity to know him before it’s too late, sort of a pre-emptive first chance.”






“Like some sort of fairy godmother,” she surmised.






Sid heartily laughed; so much so that he nearly fell off the mausoleum roof. “Last I looked, my bits wouldn’t allow me to be any sort of mother, but I can see your point.”






“Why don’t you just force me to do this?”






“Unlike everyone else in your life, I’m giving you a choice.” Sensing no more hostility, he levitated to the ground.






Despite the nagging feeling in the back of her mind, Buffy didn’t want to become the person he described and she felt she could trust this warlock, but she knew better than to jump the gun. “Can I meet you here tomorrow night? I want to consult my watcher about this.”






Sid lifted his sleeve to reveal a watch that looked more like a sun dial. “I don’t have much time. It’s now or never.”






Buffy looked at the odd looking pointer that looked like it moved toward noon. “What happens when that thingy goes straight up and down?”













“I am no more.”













“Is that why you’re helping? You need to do some good deeds to get into heaven or something.”













Sid shifted nervously from one foot to the other. “Something like that, if I’m lucky.”













“Well then, let’s do this.”













“Right, time to work my mojo,” he replied cheerfully. “First, I’m going to bind your slayer abilities so you don’t accidentally kill anyone.” A bright purple light shot forth from his hand encircling her like a mummy encased in violet yarn.













Buffy gasped. “But what if something attacks me?”













“Your abilities will return temporarily if you are in danger.” Then a small grey cloud shot forth from his hand and encircled her head. “Just breathe normally. This will put you into the correct mindset for your adventure.”













In a bright flash of light, Buffy disappeared.






------------------






In a dilapidated warehouse, a lone vampire sat in an old fashioned wheel chair, hand resting against his chin while bright moon beams illuminated his pale, nearly gaunt visage. His peroxide locks almost glowed in the moonlight. Staring forlornly at the old book on his lap, he flipped another page, causing him to once more sneer in disgust, first at his chipped black nail polish, then to his battered legs, and finally resting on the four day old corpse of some guv in the corner. The foul odor of the corpse assailed Spike’s senses once more. When Dru brought him this meal, it had been after several days into Spike’s famine and the corpse was half drained already. Spike needed more blood, much more in order to heal. Once more, he resumed reading the old fashioned book of fairy tales, a gift to Dru from a Christmas years before.













Suddenly, he saw a flash of blue flames consume the corpse, leaving it a pile of dust. Spike wheeled back instinctively, since vampires and flames didn’t mix well. Then some sprigs of sage slowly burned on top of the dust, dissipating the horrid odor of before. As he backed up, his wheels bumped against something. A blue cooler had appeared behind him with a note affixed to the top. “Thought you could use this. A Friend.”













For a moment Spike studied the note while he debated whether or not to open the cooler. The scent of blood wafted from it causing his demon to beg for food. Inside, Spike found several bags of human blood, all slightly past their expiration dates with some freezer packs to keep them fresh. One last lucid thought crossed his mind before his demon couldn’t be denied. *Whoever gave me this probably set the corpse on fire which they could have easily done to me, so the blood should be safe.* Shifting into game face, he devoured all but one of them, leaving not one drop to waste. Now completely gorged, Spike relaxed against his chair, snoozing as the sun crested in the horizon. For today, he healed.













------------------------






After polishing off the last bit of blood, the next evening Spike stretched his legs before he carefully got up, using his arms to lift himself. Despite a wobbly start and throbbing-to-searing pains shooting through his spine, he stood. Dru had not returned, but it didn’t surprise him. Time to entertain myself. Knowing the slayer’s soft heart, he knew he could watch her tonight and she wouldn’t attack him, especially if he kept a safe distance.













*Covered in slayer, Bollocks!* Dru’s words persistently echoed in Spike’s head as the bleach blond vampire hobbled through the cemetery. *Once I kill the slayer, everything will be fine. I’ll prove my dark princess wrong.* While he wouldn’t agree with Dru, pictures of the striking green-eyed, petite blond slayer continually plagued him. *Maybe a shag first. Spike knew he could seduce the slayer.* While most of his over one hundred years with Dru were monogamous, every time she cheated, he retaliated with like. This time he was due. Cheating on him while he sat in that wheelchair definitely deserved reciprocation.













Spike thought of the slayer patrolling and fighting, giving way to a constriction of his jeans. *Yup, it still works.* In a few days, he would challenge her to the fight of her life. Spike’s musings ended abruptly when he saw a teenage whelp standing atop a mausoleum using his fingers to form an imaginary gun to shoot a fireball through a fledgling, instantaneously dusting her. *Magic user who thinks he’s John Wayne: I hate magic users.* Strangely, the wavy haired whelp had no scent, or rather masked it. Then the whelp turned and his green eyes scrutinized Spike, but without malice.













“’Allo Spike,” he greeted.













“Have we met?”













“Not really, name’s Sid,” he replied.













While Spike didn’t recognize him, he recognized his accent as being gentrified and British. “Where’s the slayer?”













“On holiday for a bit,” he replied. “I’m covering for her. No worries though, she wouldn’t want me to harm you.”













“S’pose she wants to keep me for herself,” Spike muttered.













“More or less,” he acknowledged.













Since the boy didn’t wear tweed, a clear indication of a watcher, Spike’s curiosity got the better of him. *Maybe the council recruited their watchers a little younger these days.* “Are you a watcher?”













“No, I have nothing to do with those pompous lazy sods, and before you ask I have nothing to do with the poof either.”













Hearing Sid’s opinion on the council and Angelus, Spike decided he was halfway to liking this bloke despite the magic. “So who are you in league with?”













“Not s’posed to tell,” he replied. “Did you enjoy your gift last night?”













“Yes, why did you help me?”













“In the future, we’re friends, best friends even.” Sid pulled his collar back to reveal two fang marks that Spike recognized all too well. “You don’t believe me do you?”













“No,” Spike replied. Time traveler from the future: I’m dealing with a Doctor Who wannabe.













“Hmmm, how do I prove it to you without revealing too much?” Sid paced in front of Spike, oblivious to, or too trusting of the master vampire. “I need something personal that no one else knows about.” Suddenly, his face lit up. “On June 7, 1977, I know where you weren’t but where you wanted to be. The Sex Pistols cruised the Thames in the most defining and famous moment of punk history singing God Save the Queen, mocking the processional that was to be two days later for her birthday.”













Now, he was intrigued and slightly convinced. Spike never confided that to anyone even Drusilla. “What?”













“You will eventually see it. I bring us back to that time and to that event for your birthday.” Sid dug through his wallet and produced a picture of them, a punked up Sid with flaming red hair and Spike with his platinum locks standing next to the band, both grinning. In a brotherly fashion, Spike’s arm hung around the boy’s shoulders. “Don’t worry about changing the future. Once I leave your memories of me and our conversations will become very blurry. It’s an effect I have unless I’m in my own time.”













Friends. Something Spike lacked, even in his mortal life. And with Angelus as a friend who needed enemies. However, apparently he confided in this whelp and even claimed him in a “this is my happy meal so sod off to other vampires” way. Grimacing, Spike leaned against a tree and slid down until he sat.













“You’re not fully healed.” Sid rolled up his sleeve and offered an elbow. “My blood doesn’t have the healing properties like a slayer but its close.”













“I could drain you dry.” Spike shifted into game fame.













“You wouldn’t do that to a friend.”













In a euphoric haze, Spike sucked slowly. A mystical energy akin to a mild electric pulse went through him targeting his spine. Then he stopped, waited a moment and hopped up. “That did the trick, thanks mate. Your blood is different than other witches’ or warlocks’ I’ve drained…tasted.”













Sid laughed at his slip up. “Most all of them call upon a demon or god so they can channel their power. I was born with some magic inside me, a little gift from the Powers That Be. However, I need to recharge, unlike my brethren.” Sid reached in his pocket and withdrew a ring. “I have something for you.”













Spike could see the green gem embedded in the gaudy ring. “Is that the Gem of Amarra?”













“The one and only and it’s yours. If you like I can bind it to you.”













“Thank you,” he said. Spike slid the ring around his finger. *Why would a time traveling warlock give this to me?* “I die in the future and this will save me. That’s why you’re giving this to me now, isn’t it?”













“Can’t tell you that,” he replied. “Swallow it. Go on. If I bind it to your finger, everyone will know you have it. If they’re industrious enough, they’ll chop off your finger. You’re not completely impervious to all magic.”













*What have I got to lose?* After he swallowed the ring, Sid shot a thread of maroon light at him that danced around and through him almost like magical sutures. Spike noticed weariness in his newfound friend. “You need rest.”













Sid nodded. “Before I forget, you need to go to the Knightsbridge branch of The Bank of England and check deposit box 818. There’s something important there. Write it down or you’ll forget once I leave. Seriously, your memory of me and the things I tell you will fade.”













Despite being evil, and in spite of the fantastic things Sid told him, Spike couldn’t help but like this bloke - no matter how hard he tried not to. However, he could tell that the whelp hid things from him still. “There’s more going on here, isn’t there.”













“I forgot your insightfulness.” Sid gave him a date almost eighteen years into the future. “Memorize it. I mean repeat it back to yourself continually so you can remember this exact spot. It’s important. As a matter of fact, you really need to go to Willy’s and get someone to transport you to London now and open that deposit box before you forget.”













“Very well then,” Spike conceded. “But first, tell me what’s so bloody important about that date.”













Sid paled. “That’s the day I’m killed.”













“You’re a warlock. You could go back in time. You could.” Spike didn’t know the answer to this conundrum.













“I have my limits. Soon I will snap back to the time and place where I left. They bound my other powers but they never knew this one. Once I return, I’ll be too weak to try again.”













The whelp still held back information, and Spike knew it was BIG. “There’s more that you’re not telling me.”













Sid handed him the picture once more. “Look very closely at you and me. What do you see?”













As Spike looked at it, his insightfulness forced him to see what he chose to ignore earlier. For all of his evil and being a demon, the shred of William that remained allowed him to love, deeply. In that picture of Spike and Sid having the time of their lives, he saw within his own eyes, love. Deep love. “You sodding warlock. You cast a love spell on me and turned me into a poof.” Spike’s demon emerged, thirsting for revenge. “Sod the future.” One clawed hand pulled the boy up by his collar while the other drew back to swipe the boy across the jugular.













“Father, please…” Sid squeaked out.













Spike stopped short and just stared at the young trembling warlock in his grasp. Wavy, very light brown hair, full lips, high cheekbones and a slight but powerful build. All those features belonged to William of mortal years. William the Pathetic who had only one sexual encounter during his mortal years. An exclusive red-headed lovely whore. The experience shamed him instead of giving him the confidence he desired. “You should be older but…you’re a warlock…controlling time…controlling your own age.” He withdrew his claws and sat his son down gently. All his life, Spike wanted to belong and be loved. William did, the pathetic ponce. “I’m sorry.”













Sid sat with his knees to his chest, arms crossed and head buried, still trembling. “Just do as I asked, please. Recite that date and get to London now.”













Spike reeled at this revelation and the son who now feared him. “I would never hurt you. I didn’t know.”













“Please go now and recite the date before it’s too late.” Sid’s muffled words rang louder as he continued to tremble. “Go to London. She’s waiting for you. You wanted the slayer. Go now. She can help you defeat Angelus on that date and save me.” Sid felt his father’s hand on his shoulder. “Please don’t let me die at the hands of Angelus.”













Immediately, Spike left for Willy’s, fully intent on doing exactly what his son wanted. Parting was easy knowing they would meet in the future. There was no way Spike would let his son die at the hands of Angelus.













Minutes later, Sid raised his head with an impish grin. I must be the world’s greatest liar.






End Notes:
R &R. Please let me know what you think. This is my first Spuffy and I need the encouragement. More of Sid's motives will be revealed later.
Peonies and Parasols by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
Everything about the trip back in time will be explained later. The first half of this story is Elisabeth and William. The spelling of Elisabeth is deliberate for a reason.
{Previously: A small grey cloud shot forth from Sid's hand and encircled Buffy's head. “Just breathe normally. This will put you into the correct mindset for your adventure.” In a bright flash of light, Buffy disappeared.}


Suddenly Buffy’s memories of Sunnydale became a cloudy dream replaced by knowledge of olden times. In a whirl wind of magic, Elisabeth Sommersby of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania became a reality and Buffy Summers a mere dream. Elisabeth stood before a rather tall Victorian home. The brick architecture rounded arched windows and flowery shrubs in the front yard seemed normal to her, as if she belonged. The clomping of hooves upon cobblestones echoed behind her while the scent of fresh baked bread and flowers wafted in the air. Several trunks and a hat box sat of the ground next to her. A lacey white parasol lay atop the luggage. Nervously, she looked down to see that she wore corseted ruffled dress of pink and white. *I’m here to visit my second cousins Mr. and Mrs. Heath and Rose Sommersby for a very long stay and to be introduced to society. Why do I feel like I’m in a play or something?*

After several taps on the knocker, a young servant girl only a few years older than her opened it and curtseyed. Elisabeth removed a calling card from her purse which she handed to the girl. White, violet and pink peonies adorned the train car shaped card that bore her name and address: her favorite flower and colors with the train denoting how the Sommersby’s made their modest fortune. “Hello, I’m Elisabeth Sommersby.” The knowledge seemed odd to her as if it weren’t her own.

The girl ushered her into the parlor adorned with a red Persian rug, two sleigh sofas and a small tea table. An older stately woman with salt and pepper hair wearing a dress similar to hers but in navy greeted her. “Elisabeth, I don’t know if you remember me. I’m your cousin Rose.”

“Hello Cousin Rose, I do vaguely from when I was a child.” The memories seemed foggy but there. She clasped the woman’s hands. “Thank you for letting me stay with you.” For some strange reason, Elisabeth knew proper etiquette but it seemed like she read it somewhere.

“You are quite welcome, my dear. With my oldest daughter married and living in the countryside, I could use the company.” She joined Rose on the sofa. “Saturday night we’re invited to Lord Wellington’s Ball. Everyone is looking forward to meeting you. You're such a lovely girl. I’m sure you’ll make quite an impression.” Concern crossed Rose’s features. “Are you alright?”

“Yes, why do you ask?”

“Before you came here, you had that nasty fall. Your guardian said you didn’t wake up for a week.”

“Sometimes I feel strange but I’m OK.” *That explains everything.*
---------------------------------------------------------

That evening over a dinner of sausages and mashed potatoes, Heath, Rose’s husband, joined them, a slightly rotund balding man jovially chatted with them in the rather dark candlelit room. They discussed the weather, upcoming balls and other social gatherings. “How was work?”

Rose looked at her sharply. “That sort of conversation is not polite for ladies.”

Elisabeth looked down and continued to nibble.

A few hours after dinner followed by more chit chat in the parlor, Elisabeth retired for the evening in her ivory and creamy orange striped small bed chamber. As she combed her long blond hair in the mirror, she giggled at her cotton white nightgown that covered her from head to toe. *You sexy thing.*

The next morning she enjoyed a hot bath to thanking above for the recent invention of indoor plumbing. At first she didn’t realized they had an indoor tub since it looked like a large wooden chest while the commode remained hidden behind a curtain. *During these times, people were ashamed of such fixtures whereas a hundred years later, they were exalted.* Strangely, Elisabeth felt that she knew that but had never experienced it. Moreover, she knew that the attic contained the water tank so the water could be heated and let gravity do the work to provide running water. A furnace in the basement provided central heating through convection. * How did I know that? Is this the result of my accident?*
-------------------------------------------------------
By the time Saturday night rolled around, Elisabeth’s cabin fever reached new heights making her anxious for tonight’s ball. Rose approved of her lilac lightly bustled layered dress trimmed in white lace with gloves and fan to match. One of the maids helped her arranged her blond hair into a braided up do with cascading ringlets decorated with miniature silk lilac peonies.

After a brief jostling carriage ride, the pulled up to a grand manor home elaborately decorated in spring time colored paper lamps. The scent of gardenias and roses filtered through the air while lanterns and candles gave the manor a warm luminescence. Within the marble ballroom, Lord Wellington a tall dark haired rather handsome gentleman in his late thirties greeted his guests as they arrived. As Elisabeth offered her hand, his brown eyes roved over her hungrily while his manners remained polite. Gentleman in top hats and tales chatted around him taking note of the Sommersby’s new young charge. She politely moved on with Rose guiding her towards the other young ladies while Heath joined a group of gentlemen his age not far away.

Cecily Newton a beautiful raven hair lady one year older than Elisabeth led the passel of ladies who chatted about the latest fashion and which of the gentry made the best marriage prospect. At first, Elisabeth chatted with them until Cecily steered the conversation towards poking fun at the other ladies who couldn’t afford the latest fashion or accessories. Soon the gold embossed dance cards were handed out. Before anyone else could approach her, Lord Wellington bowed before her and requested the first dance which she graciously accepted. Between the dance requests from Lord this, Earl that and Sir Whatever, Elisabeth’s head spun while a jealous sneer crossed Cecily’s face which she quickly hid behind her peach lace fan.

While her dance partners were polite and handsome, Elisabeth found them bland. All wore their dark hair slicked back, had similarly trimmed mustaches and dressed in almost the same style of long tale tuxes. A vision of orange dwarfish characters that looked alike flashed before her eyes. *Oompa Loompa much. Now where did that come from?*

Then she saw him: wavy light brown hair to run her fingers through, cheekbones to die for, piercing blue eyes that could look right through her, full lips made for kissing and spectacles which she found oddly adorable. This slender built stranger she guessed to be around twenty-four. While she couldn’t define it, he had a something that attracted her and an odd familiarity. Enjoying a break in the dancing, she coyly looked over at him in a silent invitation for dancing. For a brief moment, he glanced up and caught her eye but then he turned to the rest of his group and resumed talking.

Rose approached her. “Are you enjoying yourself?”

“Yes,” she answered. “Who is that gentleman over there with the wavy hair and spectacles?”

“That is William Pratt. Though his family has a modest fortune, he is not titled. One the other hand Lord Wellington has quite the fortune and has taken a great interest in you.”

Elisabeth glanced over again but found he had his back to the crowd talking his intellectual looking crowd.

“In case you’re wondering, we call them the Oxford crew as you can probably tell. We’ll be leaving in an hour.”


--------------------------------------------------

Sunday after a dull sermon from an aged vicar at the nearby chapel, Elisabeth decided to enjoy the sunny afternoon with a long stroll. Wearing a comfortable light green flowered dress without cumbersome skirts and corset, Elisabeth carried her wicker picnic basket along breezing by other Londoners including ladies who greeted her with disapproving looks for her impropriety.

After a bit, she came to a park with a huge lake that twisted around at several points to almost form its own rivers around miniature islands. From her vantage point, she could see beach areas as well as shorelines covered with so many trees that they looked like they grew from the water. Every now and then a skiff would float by. Several ducks quacked as they swam around. Not far away, she spotted a huge oak tree where she put her picnic basket and shoes before skipping off to wade in the water. Now she felt free. Every once in awhile, folks rowed by giving her odd looks but she didn’t care that they saw her hiked up skirt.

Guided by a growling stomach, she made her way back to the tree to relax. From the other side of the tree, she heard someone plop on the ground but they remained quiet. Several azure butterflies flew around the tree with one landing on her picnic basket. Up close, white outlined the blue of the fuzzy looking butterfly. “I’ve never seen a blue butterfly. I wonder what kind you are.”

“Mazarine blue,” a deep sexy male voice quietly responded in a gentrified accent.

“Thank you,” she answered. “We don’t have them where I’m from.”

“I believe they’re only found in England.”

Once her winged friend flew off the picnic basket, she set out her spread. “Grrr, I can’t believe I forgot to bring honey. I’m such a ditz.” She didn’t like tea without honey. Just in the corner of her vision, a manicured male hand held a tiny round honey pot and a wood honey dipper. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” he responded.

“Cheese, grapes, or chicken,” she said.

“Pardon,” he responded.

“Which is your favorite?”

“Cheese,” he replied. Elisabeth put a slice of cheese on a napkin and reached around the tree. “You don’t owe me.”

“I just wanna share.”

“Very well and thank you,” he said. “Do you like strawberries?”

“Yes,” she answered. Instantly, her handkerchief came back around with several strawberries. By the time they finished, her anonymous benefactor and she shared half each other’s picnic with her giving him even more so she wouldn’t have to carry anything home. “What’s the name of this park?”

“This is Battersea Park.”

The sun started to set in the sky so she quickly packed. Her cousins expected her home for a traditional Sunday roast. “Later, I have to run.”

-----------------------------------------

While she enjoyed her small vacation, soon Elisabeth grew bored with each passing day. On Wednesday, she ventured to the city looking at the various shops. Since it wouldn’t due for a single young woman of Elisabeth’s age to be alone, Rose escorted her properly. Several young men passed them tilting their hats respectfully. The cobblestone streets bustled with horse drawn carriages. The wide sidewalks had several ladies pushing baby carriages and couples ambling along. The gentleman always walked on their ladies’ sides closest to the street. Children stood on corners hustling newspapers. Various shops from bakeries, butchers, apothecaries to tailors seemed surreal like she had only seen them in paintings. The fashion houses held the most interest for Elisabeth.

One of the French fashion house boasted fashion forward dresses which scared away older patrons while intriguing the younger ones. Their dresses showed ankles. Elisabeth ventured in despite admonishment from Rose. While she purchased a lovely peacock hat, she noticed they advertised for part time help three days a week with weekends off at minimal pay. With a little manipulation, she got the job to be paid in clothing. That helped the week pass quickly but not Saturday at the opera which she attended with her cousins so they could all enjoy the box seats that Lord Wellington had reserved.
----------------------------------------------------
That Sunday Elisabeth dressed down in another simple dress and left for the park. After wading in the water, she climbed the tree above where she had her picnic basket. Because of the thickness of the leaves, she could barely see the outline of the gentleman who sat opposite just like the Sunday prior. She wondered if it was the same man. With a loud thud, she hopped down to her side of the tree.

“Dear lord!” shouted a familiar male voice.

“That was just me jumping down. I climbed to the top.”

“That’s dangerous, especially for a lady.”

“It’s liberating and I can climb better than any man.” She rummaged through her picnic basket. “That’s why I come here. I’m tired of all the rules.”

“Rules prevent anarchy.”

“Whatever,” she replied. “Rules are so ugh and everyone is so proper. No one ever says what they mean here.”

A sandwich popped up from the other side of the tree. “Propriety restricts and binds us to a set of rules that no one questions and prevents free thinking.”

“Exactly,” she stated. “Everyone keeps pushing me to do what they want.” She bit into the peanut butter and jam sandwich.

“What are they pushing you to do?”

“Well, last night I had to go to the opera with a man I don’t like. Opera and me non mixy,” she said. “Wait a sec; I’m not sure I should tell you. I mean I don’t know anything about you or even who you are. Well maybe I shouldn’t know who you are so we can keep talking, all anonymous like.” She bit into her sandwich and thought a moment. “I know. You tell me one of your secrets but not a bad one.”

“Well, I write poetry.”

“That’s nothing to be embarrassed about. I should be embarrassed because I don’t understand it. Me and Shakespeare don’t get along.”

“Shakespeare is beautifully written but yes a little difficult to read.” He passed her a strawberry Danish. “I think that makes us even with secrets unless you have something sordid to tell me.”

“Nothing dirty, just embarrassing,” she conceded. “I don’t know you well enough to tell you though.”

“Maybe by next Sunday we’ll know each other well enough,” he stated.

Elisabeth read her magazine during which time her companion remained quiet. Every now and then she heard scribbling and a page turning until near dusk when they parted ways anonymously.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following Saturday evening Elisabeth along with Heath and Rose attended a game night hosted by Lord and Lady Brooks. In the small manor home, the handsome couple chatted with their guests in the living room adorned with several portraits of them and their three children. As Elisabeth studied the portraits of the happy family, deep down, she knew that a future like that would never happen to her. She was to die alone and young in a warrior’s death because she had no choice. *Why don’t I have a choice? I want happiness.*

“Miss Elisabeth, would you join us for a game of charades?”

She glanced up to Lord Wellington. “That sounds nice.” Through a doorway, she saw William Pratt sitting with a smaller group of gentlemen puzzling over something.

“They’re working on brain teasers and puzzles.” Lord Wellington patted his mouth in a mock yawn. “Intellectual snobs,” he whispered.

*No wonder he wouldn’t speak to me. I haven’t completed any form of education.* Frowning, she followed as he led her to the area where the charades group gathered.

After charades and musical chairs, they played Blind Man’s Bluff. Once all the objects that could be tripped over were removed, they blind folded Elisabeth and spun her around five times. “Stop!” she exclaimed. Everyone stopped moving, most already having found their hiding places. She extended her arms and cautiously stepped forth. A giggle here and a chuckle there alerted her to various presences. Each one she called out by name, pointed in that direction and stated how many feet they were away. Five steps later she felt a solid male chest beneath her fingertips. Lifting the blind fold, she gazed into the smiling face of Lord Wellington.

“You caught me Elisabeth,” he drawled. Nodding over his shoulder to the Oxford bunch, he blocked the doorway where William stood just behind him a few feet away. “Good thing too, you wouldn’t want to disturb them with our silly games.”

Several of the gentlemen glance up in amusement but William looked their way with pure anger before humbly lowering his eyes. “Sure, silly me,” she replied and walked back to the other group.

Towards the end of the evening, Lord Wellington escorted her and her cousins to their carriage. He bowed as he kissed her hand for a slightly extended period of time.

As the carriage pulled away, Rose waved to him. “His intentions are clear and he is a fine catch. You’d do well to encourage him.”

“Whatever,” she muttered as she rested her against the back of the carriage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day Elisabeth packed some egg salad sandwiches in her picnic basket and raced out to enjoy her day at the park. After she arrived, she placed her basket in her usual spot beneath the tree. Today she wore some boy’s trousers she purchased and a hat to hide her hair in. While she loved all the dresses and finery, she had the urge to run, fight, climb or at least do something so she did. By the time lunch time came, she ran back to her side of the tree. On top of her picnic basket, she found a tiny painting of a blue butterfly.

“Thank you,” she said to the other side of the tree without looking.

“You’re welcome.” Half of a ham sandwich came from around the tree.

She extended half her egg salad. “This is nice having a surprise meal on Sundays.”

“Indeed it is. Today, I have a treat for desert, blueberry torte.”

“But I didn’t bring any desert so I have nothing to share,” she countered.

“I have more than enough.” For awhile they ate in silence. “Are you alright over there?”

Elisabeth couldn’t help but think about the night before. “I hate men….but not you.”

“I’m honored ….I think. Why do you hate men?” Silence followed. “If some sod hurt you,” he started irately.

*This will get sticky.* “No one hurt me.” A small plate and fork appeared from around the tree with a slice blueberry torte. “I can’t tell you. You wouldn’t understand.” The plate started to withdraw. “Alright, I’ll tell you.” The torte returned. “There’s a gentleman I wanted to meet but he refused to ask me to dance because I’m not…..”

“Not what,” he started but paused. “Of high enough status,” he continued.

“It’s embarrassing.”

“Go on tell me,” he pleaded.

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“Believe me, I would. I dare not approach the girl I wanted to meet because she desires someone of a much higher station but it doesn’t matter now. So tell me why you think this man isn’t interested.”

“Not smart enough,” she said sullenly.

“Then he’s a git.”

“It’s OK. I mean I like talking to you.” During his silence, she nibbled her torte and realized her faux pas. “I’m sorry. That was too forward or something right?”

“Yes but its refreshing. How about we forget about your problem and mine so to speak?”

“You’re right. Forget that stupid William Pratt ‘I’m so smart’ snob,” she muttered.

Silverware clanking to the ground rang through the air. “Pardon,” he stated. Standing above her was none other than William Pratt.

“Oh my God,” she muttered.
End Notes:
Please R&R. What did you think of the park scenes or anything? Thank you for your support.
Pratt, William Pratt by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
SUPER SPECIAL THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REVIEWS!

After a major upset, you guys pulled me from my blues.
Several weeks ago, William Pratt reviewed the purchase agreement for some property in Knightsbridge. The money spent would be recovered within ten years based on the tenant’s rent leaving the property free and clear. For the Pratt family, the antiquities trade provided new wealth for William’s father and now him as part of an emerging wealthy class brought on by commerce. But like others in his situation, titles held favor for most.

Joshua showed William a list of farms for purchase. “Will you be attending Lord Wellington’s ball?”

“Only because of some of our old chums will be there,” he replied. “I suppose Jane Nestaun will be there.”

“I can only hope.” Joshua leaned back in his chair and absently stroked his dark mustache. “Are you ever going to approach Cecily?”

While he ran his hand through his wavy hair, William shifted in his chair and quickly glanced down. “She would never speak to me.”

“You danced with her at the masque ball a few months ago.”

“That was different.” William checked off a few of the farms that interested him.

“Hiding behind a mask is liberating.” Joshua removed another stack of paperwork from his desk for William to review.

“Yes, it is.” William remembered the evening well. Behind the mask, he didn’t worry about his actions or views gaining disfavor amongst the traditional crowd which ultimately could hurt his family’s reputation and affect their business dealings as well. Further, no one snubbed him for lack of title. Indeed, it was the most liberating experience he ever knew.

“You manage your affairs better than most of the aristocracy.”

Glancing up at his friend, William pushed back his spectacles. “The formula is simple. Income must exceed expenses.” Realizing the time, William hastily stashed the papers in his valise. “Sorry to be of trouble,” he muttered. “Thank you for staying late on my behalf,” he stated. As he left he said, “Goodbye.”

“It’s only a few minutes. Besides, we’re friends.” Joshua shook his head. “Farewell William,” he called.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
That evening after his meal, William gazed around at his rather large home: five bedrooms with one for him and one for his mother who now spent a few months with her friends in the country. All he wanted was a wife to share it with and if heaven granted it, his own family. Most of the gentry married to improve their social standing but he couldn’t imagine sharing his life with only a friend or acquaintance as his wife. Ever the romantic, he hoped to meet his soul-mate one day but he pushed such private romantic notions aside.

Then William retired to his study and removed his journal from a hidden drawer in his desk. Reading politically charged papers considered improper by the aristocracy, he wrote some of his thoughts about reform. First, he expressed his support for the working class including the new child labor law that prevented children under nine from working in factories. Other papers touted that women should be treated as equals. Secretly, he wrote his supportive thoughts on those revolutionary ideas as well. Afterwards, he escaped into his poetry: a boundless world which William flourished in.
-------------------------------------------------
Several evenings later amongst the twinkling stars in breezy ebony night sky, Venus, the astrological planet of love, shined brighter than the rest. *This is serendipitous for Justin and his plans to approach Jane this evening. I wish I had his bravery.* William strolled into Lord Wellington’s manor eager to see some of his professors and chums from Oxford.

All thoughts of Cecily left William when he saw HER: honey blond hair, delicate features, lovely green eyes and possessing a certain something that riled him in a most embarrassing way. Immediately, he thought of all things grotesque to tame the beast below the belt before anyone noticed. Another group of gentlemen of noble birth apparently noticed the gorgeous new arrival as well, especially Lord Wellington. Seeing the long line to sign Elisabeth’s dance card and moreover the aristocracy in that line, William never bothered approaching her.

During a small break in the dancing, William’s hopes soared when he thought he caught a mildly flirtatious glance his way from the beguiling American girl. When he noticed several eligible Lords loitering nearby, his heart sank with the realization that she meant for them to notice her not someone as undeserving as him. *Well, she’s interested in someone with a title I’m sure.*
-------------------------------------------------------
The next day after church, William gathered his picnic lunch and his journal and went to Battersea Park. Beneath his favorite tree, he relaxed with his journal awaiting inspiration. That afternoon he chatted with an American girl who possessed a rather cute way of expressing herself which amused him. Even though he didn’t understand some of her peculiar Americanisms, he got the general idea. Since a proper lady wouldn’t be out unescorted, he wondered if she was married or simply didn’t care. Either way, her carefree attitude captivated him.

The following Sunday, the American girl showed up once more by jumping out of a tree. Despite his concern for her safety, he secretly admired her lack of concern about propriety. Based on that, he wondered if she was the daughter of middle-class American tourists, not that class mattered to him. The anonymity between them allowed him comfort that he never had speaking to women. The red oak tree became his mask with his newfound companion.
--------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday, William attended a party hosted by his friends Lord Byron and Lady Millicent Brooks. Often he had business dealings with Byron over the past few years. Several dinner invites led to an eventual a friendship. Often, he envied the loving couple and their cherished family. This evening he heard through the grapevine that Lord Wellington’s pursuit of Miss Sommersby commenced.

During a game of Blind Man’s Bluff, Lord Wellington intercepted Elisabeth as she stumbled towards him, dashing William’s hopes of meeting her. Not only did William anger over that but also at the fact that Lord Wellington pursued an innocent girl in hopes of a sordid marriage. Wellington’s wife died many years prior during childbirth along with the baby but rumors of his affairs outside the marriage still circulated. While many of William’s peers felt it appropriate to have a wife to bear their children and keep their homes, they kept a mistress on the side to satisfy their immoral pleasures. He disapproved of this practice. While William knew he wasn’t worthy of Elisabeth, he hoped she would soon realize that Wellington wasn’t either.
--------------------------------------------------------
That Sunday William purchased a small painting of a blue butterfly for his Battersea Park companion. While he found Elisabeth intensely desirable physically, he considered his newfound companion, who he nicknamed Butterfly, just as desirable in a manner of friendship. As Butterfly spoke of her trouble with a certain man, William felt a tiny pang of jealousy.

“Forget that stupid William Pratt ‘I’m so smart’ snob,” she muttered.

When he heard that, he dropped his torte and hopped to his feet. “Pardon,” he stated as he stood above her.

“Oh my God,” she muttered.

What does one say when the object of one’s desire and the object of one’s budding friendship are the same? Moreover, how should one respond to accusations of snobbery from a girl dressed as a boy? William Pratt stood aghast and tongue tied momentarily as he contemplated those questions. “Snob?” he questioned. The only word he found capable of saying with his comfortable mask of anonymity ripped away.

“Someone told me that you were an intellectual snob.” Elisabeth stood up in defiance. “That’s why you only speak to your cronies at parties and why you wouldn’t ask me to dance.”

“No, that’s not it.” Promptly, he walked to the other side of the tree. He felt he cheeks already burning.

She followed. “Tell me why,” she demanded. When he turned the opposite direction, she pursued. They kept at the game until she giggled incessantly. “I can do this all day.” And she kept going. “Do you not like girls?”

“I like girls.” Soon laughter replaced William’s shyness. “Did you dress like a boy because you thought I liked boys?”

Elisabeth crossed her arms. “I like a sense of humor but that doesn’t get you off the hook.”

“You have much more worthy suitors. I didn’t think you would be interested.”

“I determine who I want to go out with. That Wellington has a major creep factor.” She relaxed against the tree nearly touching him.

“I’m glad you realized that.” He looked her up and down. “Seriously, why are you dressed like a boy?”

“The skirts and corset make it impossible to do anything. If you don’t believe me, you should try wearing one yourself.”

“No, no,” he answered softly. “I’ll take your word for it.”

Her green eyes gazed up at him trying to conceal mischievousness. “There’s another ball this Saturday. You are going to dance with me, aren’t you?”

Though William knew that he should be appalled by her forwardness, he found it enticing. Further, he found it rubbing off on him. “Only if you accompany me to it but on one condition,” he offered.

“Name it,” she countered.

“You have to dress like a lady.”

“I’ll consider it but only on one condition.”

“What’s that?” William waited with baited breath.

“You have to catch me.” Elisabeth darted away.

William followed at top speed. *This girl can run! I need to start running each morning so I can keep up.* A bit later, William realized he ran through the park chasing a girl dressed like a boy while several of his fellow Londoners watched skeptically. At that moment, it didn’t matter. Later, he found Elisabeth wading in the water so he followed.

She splashed some water at him. “You still haven’t caught me.”

“Are you going to swim around the entire lake and expect me to pursue?”

She sloshed over to him. “Would you swim after me?”

“Of course,” he answered. *You’re worth the embarrassment it may cause.*

“You still haven’t caught me.”

“I’m standing right next to you.” *Does she want me to grab her? That would be inappropriate and far too forward. She might bolt and never speak to me again.*

She stood next to him shifting from one foot to another. “I have a secret to tell you.” She motioned for him to lean down so he did. Instantly, she leapt up and kissed his cheek. *See you Saturday!” she exclaimed.

As she splashed her way out of the water, William touched his cheek and smiled. *Elisabeth is accompanying me to the ball! Me! William Pratt!* Immediately, he raced home to plan the proper way to woo of his beautiful butterfly.
End Notes:
Please R&R. Thank you.
Dancing and Deception by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
Thank you for all your reviews. You guys are truly inspiring me forth.
On Saturday afternoon, Elizabeth combed her hair as she gazed dreamily into the mirror. *I have the perfect boyfriend.*

All week William sent her gifts from confections to flowers but her favorite she kept in the corner of her mirror: a lovely azure card in the shape of a butterfly adorned with ivory lace. The verse he wrote on it warmed her.

Enchanting me with her
Laughter and smile,
In my dreams
So beautiful and I
Adore her so,
Bewitching me in
Every way and
Truly in my
Heart forever more.

Such romantic presents made Elisabeth feel treasured. Unlike other ladies of her time, she couldn’t embroider, paint, draw or otherwise make romantic tokens to reciprocate his affections. Rose commented on William’s forthrightness with the gifts citing it as too much too soon. Since William was a poet, Elisabeth figured great passion resided behind that cool exterior. The abundant gifts expressed his exuberance. Technically, they had already dated for three weeks anonymously in the park.

She fondly remembered her days at the park with him especially the last one. Ever the gentleman, she practically begged him to kiss her. In a way, she adored William’s shyness especially when he blushed. However, at times she just wanted him to kiss her. She hoped that he took the hint that it was alright to kiss her once she kissed him. Often she dreamt of more forward times but accepted the slow romantic pace of these times.

Earlier that week, on Wednesday after sorting through fabric and notions at the dress shop, Monsieur Leveau asked her to wear a rather avant-garde dress to the ball and Elisabeth accepted. The teal fitted dress featured a snug silver bodice and off the shoulder faux sleeves of silver lace. The silver tapered down to the teal skirt in an ornate threaded pattern. The tiered ruffles only hung at the sides and back. Bare shoulders along with a fitted hip-length bodice in the front would surely cause controversy. She couldn’t wait for William to see it.

Earlier that week, Heath and Rose met with William. During that meeting, they decided to share a carriage in order to provide a proper escort for William and her. From her window, Elisabeth observed the arrival of William’s carriage.

After dawdling for a bit, Elisabeth made her entrance. As she descended the stairs, Rose gasped in shame, Heath puffed his cigar and pure lust flashed in William’s cerulean eyes. However, reserved admiration replaced lust by the time she reached the bottom step. She wondered if he noticed the lust in her eyes when she saw him in his black coat which tapered at the waste and flared slightly and the hips along with snug breeches. Heath and Rose exited to the foyer to leave the couple alone but only for a few moments and with the door open.

William kissed her gloved hand. “You’re absolutely stunning.”

“Thank you,” she replied.

“I have something for you.” He opened a jewelry box to reveal a silver rope necklace with a teardrop teal gem.

“This is so beautiful. Thank you.” She held the perfectly matched necklace to her cleavage. “How did you know?”

“Monsieur Leveau told me the colors but nothing else.” William clasped the necklace around her neck.

“You’re wonderful William. I’ve never had such an attentive boyfriend.”

“Just…friend,” he muttered.

She remembered boyfriend had a different connotation than what she meant. “Much more than a friend,” she stated.

As he tucked her hand on his arm, he blushed. “If no one ever lavished you with such attention, they were fools.”
------------------------------------------------------------
Carriages converged on the newly built Royal Albert Hall. Elisabeth studied the marble archways, candle operas and sculptures. A sea of finely dressed couples waltzed to music provided by a small orchestra. Because it was such a large public event, they didn’t have dance cards. Some of the older ladies looked as shocked as Rose did when they saw her gown but the younger ones seemed envious. Many of the gentlemen looked upon her with reserved lust. None of it mattered as she gazed into William’s eyes. For tonight, he danced with her most every dance. Every once in awhile another gentlemen would ask Elisabeth to dance and she accepted to not be rude. William would allow them a dance citing that it was the price he paid for escorting the most beautiful woman in the world to the ball.


As Lord Wellington danced with a succession of several young ladies, he watched William dance with Elisabeth. She seemed completely infatuated with him; something he didn’t understand at all. Moreoever, it was something he couldn’t allow. After awhile he made his way over to Rose and nodded towards the couple. “Well, isn’t that an interesting match?”

“Elisabeth is very spirited and she has made her choice.” Rose waved her yellow fan. “William is an affable young man but a little shy.”

“Indeed he is. It’s just too bad for me. I should have expressed my intentions towards Elisabeth sooner.” Lord Wellington slyly smiled. “It would have been advantageous for us both. You could have been my cousin.”

Rose’s eyes lit up when she imagined full access to the upper echelons of society with a union between the Wellingtons and their family.


Well into the evening, Elisabeth closed the very polite distance between her and William as they danced. William’s smile brightened and he gently caressed her back where his hand rested. That slight action sent tingles down her spine. While he gazed mostly into her eyes, every now and then his eyes stole a glance at her cleavage but she didn’t mind. She considered it quite an accomplishment to make William forget himself and act so roguishly. “You’re my rogue poet, aren’t you?”

“What?” he stated. He looked like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. “Pardon me,” he pleaded bashfully.

“Don’t be,” she replied flirtatiously. “The necklace was a gift from you. You’re entitled to admire the gem all you want.” Conveniently, it rested perfectly in her cleavage. “Perhaps when we’re alone, you may admire it up close, but only you.”

William blushed all the way up to the tips of his ears. “You are a naughty girl Elisabeth.”

“I’m your naughty girl William. You seem to bring that out in me.”

“Same,” he whispered.



Two dances later Lord Wellington tapped William’s shoulder. Elisabeth allowed herself to dance with him. However, William’s eyes revealed a jealous but controlled rage.

“You look very beautiful tonight.”

“Thank you,” she replied demurely.

“You’ve made William quite happy.” He discretely glanced over to William who danced with Cecily. “I’m sure he’s over his heartache.”

“Heartache?”

“For the last several months, he fancied Cecily but I’m sure he’s not interested in her anymore. After all, she never returned his attentions.” He twirled around so Elisabeth faced the dancing couple but ever so briefly.


Earlier Cecily regarded Elisabeth’s new dress with disdain. For the new American girl stole her limelight. Moreover, she stole the attentions of William Pratt. When she saw this debutante preferring William over several wealthier and more advantageous prospects, Cecily wondered what she missed. Purposefully, she brushed against William just as he exited the dance floor while Elisabeth danced with Lord Wellington.

Politely, he nodded to her and showed her courtesy. “Cecily, would you care to dance?”

“I thought you would never ask.”


Elisabeth watched William and Cecily dance together and it sickened her. She remembered that Rose mentioned rumors of William’s interest in Cecily before she arrived. However, Cecily never paid him any attention since she had much better prospects and William never approached her. Further she remembered an admission William made in the park before he knew who she was.

*“I dare not approach the girl I wanted to meet because she desires someone of a much higher station but it doesn’t matter now.”*

At the time Elisabeth thought he meant her. *Did he mean Cecily?* “Excuse me Lord Wellington,” she said as she stepped away from him. “I’m feeling a little light headed. I think I need some air.”


Lord Wellington winked at a couple of his mates and followed her into the gardens. “You really shouldn’t be out here alone, especially if you’re not feeling well.” Once he caught up to her, he motioned towards a park bench. “At least sit down,” he pleaded. After she sat down, he handed her a handkerchief. “I’m going to get you a glass of water. Will you be alright?”

Elisabeth nodded.


A smile came to Lord Wellington’s lips as he entered the ballroom and saw William frantically searching around. He solemnly looked down and took the long way to the refreshment table. “William, forgive me I wasn’t watching where I was going?”

“Have you seen Elisabeth?” His blue eyes darted around the room.

“I don’t know how to tell you this.” Lord Wellington fiegned dismay.

“What are you talking about?”

“Please don’t be angry with Elisabeth. She only wanted to….make me jealous.” He patted William’s shoulder. “She is young and reckless. Don’t be upset with her. Now if you’ll excuse me. I must join her.” Manipulating the naive came easy to Lord Wellington and corrupting them was even more pleasurable. He found Elizabeth to be a tasty innocent morsel which he fully intended to devour.


As he left the ball, William couldn’t decide which hurt more: swallowing the endless lumps in his throat or the slow shattering in his heart. *How could Elizabeth do such a thing!* He stopped just before he reached his carriage. *Would my butterfly do such a thing?”*


As she sat alone on the park bench, Elizabeth’s teardrops fell when she thought about the loss of her William. Lord Wellington placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and handed her a cup of water. “Just let it all out,” he whispered.”

“I’m sorry to be such a bother.” She sipped the water and dried her eyes using the handkerchief he handed her.

“You’re not a bother. We are friends.”
End Notes:
The ELISABETH snippet was based on some of the practices of the time. Admittedly, I'm not a poet. Please R&R.
Comeuppance by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
A new side of William is revealed.
William stopped just before he reached his carriage. *Would my butterfly do such a thing?”* Remembering their anonymous chats in the park, her forthrightness and her bold flirtations directly solely at him, he doubted she would ever use him to make Wellington jealous. Through their short acquaintance, William came to know Elisabeth’s heart. *She wouldn’t do that.*

William raced back into the ballroom where he bumped into Justin who was grabbing his cane and hat on his way out. “Justin, have you seen Elisabeth?”

“Not for awhile,” he replied.

“Have you seen Wellington?” William frenetically scanned the room.

“I think he mentioned something about the garden.”

William bolted back in heading towards the back garden entrance. Justin followed. “What’s wrong?”

“I suspect foul play.”


Outside in a secluded corner of the park, William observed Wellington nearly groping Elisabeth who seemed slightly disoriented. “William is the sweetest. He wouldn’t. I feel slightly dizzy.”

That was all William needed to see. He grabbed the back of Wellington’s collar and viciously yanked him to the ground. Before a startled lord could do anything, William ferociously kicked his ribs. Wellington yowled in pain from the merciless attack.

During the entire attack, Justin watched in awe. Recently, he noticed changes in William but all for the better. First he noticed that William’s mood seemed cheerier and his disposition more outgoing. Next, he sensed a newfound boldness. The demonstration of violence proved it. When Elizabeth swayed slightly, Justin rushed over while William continued beating Wellington. Seeing Justin’s actions, William rushed over as well. “I think she’s been drugged.”

“Elisabeth, are you alright?” William put his arm around her shoulders and held her up.

“Just a little dizzy,” she whispered. “Are you in love with Cecily?”

“No,” he answered as he kissed her forehead.

Justin noticed some commotion from inside. It looked like some of Wellington’s buddies were on their way. “William, you need to take her and leave, through the garden this way.”

He noticed it as well. “What about you?”

“I’ll take care of things.” Justin rumpled his clothes and acted like he was just getting up as Wellington’s friends arrived. “Ruffians,” he gasped. “I tried to stop them.” He pointed to the way out of the garden, opposite to where William had gone.

After they followed the imaginary ruffians, Justin straightened his clothes and walked away. As he passed Wellington, his cane accidently poked Wellington in the stomach. “Sorry about that old chap,” he said and continued to walk away.


William carried Elizabeth t his carriage since she nearly stumbled most every step. Heath and Rose awaited them. “What happened to her?” Rose rushed and felt her forehead.

“She fainted from the heat. I think.” William knew accusing Wellington of slipping something into Elisabeth’s drink would not be believed. Moreover, it would only serve to make him look petty with an unproven accusation. William placed her in the carriage seat and climbed in next to her.

“William, I thought I lost you.” Elisabeth tried to wrap her arms around him and nearly climbed in his lap. “Don’t leave me.”

When he seated her in his lap all the way, Rose gasped. “That is most improper.”

“I don’t care.” Seeing the satisfied smile on Elizabeth’s lips and hearing her contented sigh as she rested her head on his shoulder, William wrapped his arms around her even tighter.

Despite Rose’s protests, William carried Elisabeth to her room and patiently waited outside her bedroom door while the maid helped her change. Once the maid emerged from her room, he entered but left the door open. Elisabeth slept soundly. Glancing around her room, William noted all the gifts from him had been placed on her vanity, the most cherished place in her room. *How could I have doubted her?*

When Rose stood at the door clearing her throat, William kissed Elisabeth’s forehead and left. With a final glance to his slumbering butterfly, he couldn’t help but want to always cherish her.
End Notes:
What did you think of William's actions? How about Justin?
Barefoot in the Park by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
Thank you all you wonderful reviewers. That's how fanfic writers are paid. The chapter title refers to an excellent movie.
Late Sunday morning, Elisabeth awoke refreshed and relieved that William had faith in her. Not long after she started talking to Wellington last night, she realized that William would not have toyed with her emotions. Before she could do anything, she felt strange and now she knew the reason she did was because Wellington slipped her something. *That bastard will pay.*

Revenge would come later because it was Sunday, her and William’s day. Elizabeth hurried and dressed. While she wore pants, she added a lacy white children’s dress that fit her like a shirt. *At least it’s somewhat feminine and I can still exercise.* No one bothered her since they were all at church so she grabbed some scones and a flask of tea.

When she arrived at their favorite red oak tree, William had already arrived and was spreading out a large blanket in the shade. “William!” she yelled as she ran towards him. Taking him by surprise, she threw her arms around his neck. “At first I believed Wellington but then I knew better. I’m so sorry.”

Forgetting propriety, he swung her around in a big hug. “Elisabeth, I shouldn’t have listened to him. I should have gotten to you sooner.”

“You saved me.” She kissed his cheek. “I was out of it. Did you really beat him up?”

“I acted a bit uncivilized.”

“Good,” she replied with a kiss to his other cheek. “I admire that.”

He set her down gently and scanned the area. “Our being alone here could ruin your reputation.”

“I don’t care.”

“Neither do I, except to protect you,” he conceded. “I promise not to take advantage.”

“I know.” She glanced down at the larger than normal basket he brought today. “You have something special planned.”

“I wanted to surprise you.”

“You always do such sweet romantic things for me and I can’t do anything for you.” She plopped down helped him unpack what turned out to be a minor feast.

“If you promise to always be mine, that’s all I need.” He glanced down almost nervous awaiting her answer to such a question.

“I promise.”

Once they finished unpacking, an elegant picnic of roast chicken with cream sauce, trifle and whiskey punch lay before them served on fine china. “This is amazing. I can’t believe you did all this. No one has ever done this for me. I love it.” While she couldn’t remember what she did, she knew it was more duty than frivolity. She fixed them plates of chicken.

“That’s quite the pity. You deserve such things.”

Elisabeth hungrily ate some chicken since she skipped breakfast. “William, promise me that we will always but honest with each other.”

“You have my word. I enjoy our honesty.” He poured them both some whiskey punch.

“You’re the only person I feel that way with.” She ate some of her chicken. “William, there are some things about me that you may not like, things that I haven’t told anyone.”

“You can tell me anything and it won’t change my feelings.” Seeing her staring down at her lap, he empathized. Few people knew about his poetry or radical ideas.

“Sometimes I feel like I don’t belong here; like I’m from somewhere else or some other time. I have these vivid dreams like I fight demons and I’m really strong and fast.” *Now he’s going to think I’m crazy and not be interested anymore.*

“Vivid dreams are a sign of an active imagination. I don’t think you’re a nutter.” William calmly resumed eating his chicken.

“Thank you for saying that.” *Was he just saying that?*

“I support child labor laws and women’s rights. Most folks would think I’m a nutter for all that. It could seriously affect the family business.” He handed her a small plate of trifle. “If I thought you were a nutter or I didn’t trust you, I wouldn’t have told you that now would I?”

“I guess not.” She enjoyed a bite of the fruit and cake mixture. “Soon you’ll be like Mr. Normal and they’ll be all cave people.” *How did I know that?*

“Maybe I’m not in the right time either,” he remarked as he laughed heartily. “What else can you tell me?”

“You’re all foo foo manners and all. That comes to an end, mostly.” When she said that, he looked offended. “But, I like how you treat me. Most guys are all about the grabby.”

“I’ll be sure to put an end to that. No man is allowed to take liberties with you.” He gathered the dishes while she poured more punch. “I have a surprise for you.” He removed a book from the basket. “I’m going to show you why Shakespeare isn’t so bad.” William leaned against the tree. “I found the perfect story for you. It’s called The Twelfth Night. It’s about a young woman who assumes the identity of her twin brother and so the comedy adventure begins.”

“A comedy sounds nice.” She rested her head on his shoulder.

“You’ll like the character of Viola. She’s a bold lady who shows the men that she is their equal while remaining a very feminine creature and Orsino accepts her. Oh and she dresses like a boy a lot.”

She tilted her head up to stare at his handsome smiling face. “Obvious much,” she commented.

For a moment, he contemplated her Americanism. “Understanding allegory is your first step.”

Elisabeth listened as he read and would explain bits of the story throughout to translate it for her. His deep dulcet tones and accent made her tingle. “Is that the end?”

“Only the end of the first section,” he replied.

“Time to burn off lunch,” she stated. Elisabeth kicked off her shoes and ran.

William followed her to the small lake where she splashed him several times. “Why don’t you splash back?”

“I’m trying to be a gentleman.”

She stuck her tongue at him only to get a tidal wave hurled at her. “I thought you were a gentleman.”

“I took a short recess.” He slid his spectacles into his pocket. With a giant leap, she tackled him with such force that he went under and so did she. Once the astonishment wore off, lust set in. He immediately ran towards their tree.

She followed. “What’s wrong?”

Blushing beet red, he handed her his vest. “Put this on,” he commanded.

She looked down to see her top had become very transparent. “Don’t you like what you see?”

“Very much so,” he answered. “No one else is allowed to see.” While she put on the vest, he turned. Nervously, he ran his hand through his damp hair making it curl more. “Before you said …more than friends. I know this is far too bold and too soon but I would like you to consider me to be more of a suitor.”

Suitor was considered a step before fiancé, more of a time for him to prove himself before a former proposal. During their time together, she found him to be a friend, best friend even and she certainly found him attractive. In this short span of time, she knew she felt the first stirrings of love. She circled around so she stood in front of him just inches away. “Yes,” she whispered. She tilted her chin up awaiting a glorious kiss.

William slid his fingers beneath her chin. Very slowly he brushed his lips against hers in a delicate kiss but she wanted more. That sweet kiss that stirred her promised so much more.

*He’s too polite and formal. He needs a stronger hint. I want real kissage!* “Is it true that poets possess a passion for life more than most people?”

William looked down trying to hide his blush. “I guess.”

“Then kiss me like you mean it.”

“I did. Actually, I’m taking far more liberties than what is considered acceptable.”

“I don’t care about acceptable or proper.” She motioned around them. “We’re all alone.” She stood before him shaking in anger. “I wore that dress last night just for you. I’ve given you hints. And….and….you’re a poet. You’re supposed to be passionate and you admitted it. But you kiss me like I’m your sister!” Elisabeth stormed around the tree away from him. She saw the lust that burned in William the moment he saw her wet shirt, the jealousy when other men danced with her and the rage with Wellington touching her. These damn rules of propriety that he couldn’t seem to break enraged her to the point that she came up with a rather devious plan.

William rounded the tree to join her. “Elisabeth please,” he pleaded.

“Don’t Elisabeth me! If you don’t give me a kiss that proves that you are just as passionate about me as you are about poetry.” Her fury boiled to the point that reason left her. “I’ll…..I’ll …visit Lord Wellington.” *Eewww, I didn’t just say that, Wellington absolutely not, especially after what he pulled.*

William’s blue eyes burned in fury. “You wouldn’t dare!”

She knew she almost had him and she pushed that button. “I’ll let him ravage my virginal body.” *Oh my God, did I just say that?* In that moment, she didn’t just crack William’s dam of decorum. She obliterated it.
End Notes:
Please R & R.
The Beast Below by Blond Goth Girl
In one swift move, William grabbed Elisabeth around her waist. His lips crashed against in an intense kaleidoscope of passionate love and unbridled lust. As his tongue danced in her mouth, she trembled in ecstasy so much so that her knees buckled. They dropped to the ground. He pressed himself against her. The motion of his hand slipping beneath her shirt made her feverish. “Feels so good,” she whispered. Electric sensations pulsed through her down below when she felt his hardness. *OH MY GOD! How does he hide THAT? I want to touch!*

“Mummy! Mummy! Look what that man is doing to that boy!” They both turned to see a darling little girl pointing at them.

“Don’t look! Come along now Gretchen.” The mother grabbed the girl’s hand and dragged her away.

That snapped them out of their haze but only briefly. William propped himself on his side but still remained a couple inches over her. Looking into his eyes, Elisabeth saw primal urges barely veiled in his eyes that now openly ogled her while he slid the vest aside. “William, I’ve never gone this far.”

Deftly he unbuttoned her shirt. “Pink, perky and perfect,” he muttered.

Elisabeth’s nipples stiffened as his fingertips gently glided over them. She arched her back for more. “Please William,” she whimpered.

“My little butterfly likes to tempt.” A slight smirk crossed his face. “Petals, they’re my petals and no one will ever touch them.” Bending down, he kissed each of his petals very gently, making her gasp in delight.

While her body screamed to let him take her, her mind gently reminded her that she wasn’t ready. “Are we going to....” From the look in William’s eyes, she knew she ignited something in him; something that turn her into a licentious pile of mush and him too. *Is my gentle William in there?*

“My little butterfly isn’t ready yet, is she?”

“No,” she answered. “If you want, I’ll…I mean. Have you ever?”

William looked down in shame. “Once but it was a graduation present from my uncle. He bought me a night on the town.” He remembered his one night with a lady of the evening. Though he enjoyed it at the time, he felt shame after. Now with the look Elisabeth gave him, he felt even more shame because it wasn’t….love. “It was a long time ago.”

“I understand.” She gave him an understanding smile.

“Elisabeth, I love you.” He gently traced the crooked of her neck causing her moan.

“I love you too,” she gasped. “I’ve never loved anyone the way I love you and I never will.”

All his life he felt things deeper than most. A poet’s passion Elisabeth called it. Improper words formed in his head; so improper that it might startle her but he couldn’t hold back. “I’m the only man you will ever let touch you.” She nodded. “Body,” he whispered with a kiss on each of his petals his hand clasped her hip. “Mind,” he whispered with a kiss to her forehead. “And soul,” he whispered with a kiss above her heart. “All are mine, only mine.”

“Yes and you promise,” she whispered.

“Mind, body and soul, all yours,” he pledged. “You’re my muse and my soul-mate.”

William looked down at her heaving flushed body willing to let him do anything he wanted to her. All the nasty little thoughts and dreams he had about her for the past several weeks tempted him. Something about her brought out a buried part of him that scared him. It frightened him into pretending it never existed but he didn’t need a mask anymore. However, Elisabeth trusted him and he couldn’t take advantage. William regained control. Reluctantly, he buttoned her top back up. “We need to leave before I get tempted again.”

After they packed the picnic utensils, Elisabeth practically skipped home.

On the other hand, William strutted home to find a letter from his mother and a note from Justin asking to meet the following afternoon and to dress very casually, both of which he responded to.

------------------------------------------------------
The following afternoon William arrived at Justin’s office to find him dressed very casually as well. “Allo William, do come in. How are you today?”

“I’m superb.” His thoughts remained on Elisabeth and their day together. “How are you?”

“Excellent; I’m escorting Jane to next week’s ball.” Justin handed him a glass of water.

“That is good news.” William sipped his water. “Why did you ask me here?”

“Wellington should be recuperating for about a week. After that, he might come after you so I’m going to teach you how to fight. You do want to learn to fight to defend yourself and more importantly Elisabeth?”

“Of course,” he answered.

William followed him to the basement. Justin’s townhome consisted of an upstairs living area with his offices on the main level. He never realized there was a basement. “You know how to fight?”

“Made quite of bit of money at it,” he stated proudly. “My family could barely afford Oxford. There wasn’t any money left to start this practice so I brawled.”

While he knew that Justin’s family had some questionable business practices on the docks, Justin made an honest hard earned name for himself. During his Oxford years, Justin toned down his Irish brogue and replaced it with a more acceptable British accent. However, much of the upper crust still snubbed him. “Why are you doing this?” William looked at the basement which had some gym equipment, a punching bag and a stuffed burlap dummy.

“For as long as I’ve known you, you have barely spoken a hundred words a day. Twenty-five of them were usually spoken with me which is twenty-five more than most people say. After graduation, you gave me your business. Several compatriots of yours followed suit because of your recommendations. I always repay my friends.”

Studying Justin, they were roughly the same size as in tall enough but not that tall. Both had a lean build as well so he found it difficult to believe that Justin fought much less won. “You’re not what I would normally think of as fighter material.”

“Don’t let my size fool you. My fights usually lasted only a minute.” Justin removed his shirt to reveal a toned chest and a tattoo of a Celtic hammer on his arm.

“One minute,” he stated. William barely spoke the words through his laughter. William didn’t see the lightning fast strike to his stomach but he felt the remnants of it as he lay on the ground. It felt like a hammer slammed into him.

“They nicknamed me the hammer.” Justin leaned over him. “Do you believe me now?”

“Yes,” he gasped.

“Good; now get up.” He walked over to the punching bag. “When you punch, hit only with your primary two knuckles. The others are more fragile and can break. Also, stand with your lead side facing your opponent. This gives your opponent less of a target to hit.” William stood in the stance he showed him, followed his lead and alternated punches. “Faster,” he commanded. “Now switch sides so you can develop both arms.” William did so. “Pull from your anger.”

“What do you mean?”

“Pretend you just saw Wellington grope Elisabeth,” he stated. William grunted and punched hard almost injuring his hand. “Control that rage and channel it,” he demanded.

Next they moved to the dummy which had red and black Xs marked on various spots. “The red Xs are the soft spots of the human body. You can inflict a lot of pain without hurting your hand. If you hit the black Xs, you would hurt your hand more than your opponent. Now punch the red Xs.”

Though weary, William continued to punch. At one point, he nearly punched a black X.

Justin grimaced. “The black Xs have metal plates behind them to help illustrate the pain so be careful. You should come by everyday for a bit. After that, we’ll ease up.”

“Is the intensity so I can be ready for Wellington?”

“Partly,” he replied. “Bouts of intense practice will help your muscles remember how to fight. The punches become instinctual.”


By the end of the week, he and Justin began sparring. Though Justin beat him every time due to many years of practice, William enjoyed it. In fact, his thrill of the fight surprised him. On Saturday, he relished his break so he could recover and be fresh for his very special plans for Elisabeth on Sunday.
End Notes:
How did you like the interlude in the park? How about Justin? Notice some Spike like qualities coming out? Please R&R and thank you for your support.
Morning Glory by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
The title is Brit slang. Enjoy and please R&R.
Thinking about William, Elisabeth smiled as she decorated the window of Leveau’s Dress Shop. Instead of payment in money, they let her have some ribbons and silk flowers to create her own dressy hat, the perfect accompaniment to the pink and white dress she planned to wear on Sunday. Earlier that day she had received a note from William.

Dearest Elisabeth,

Please meet me at our spot on Sunday. I have a surprise for you. It would be best if you dressed like a lady.

Love always,
William
------------------------------------------------------------------

****Elisabeth blissfully awoke to the sun streaming through the curtains filtering through illuminating the handsome face of her lover. “William wake up,” she said sweetly. “Last night was amazing.”

“Every moment I have with you is amazing. I only wish our time together could be longer.” As he caressed her cheek, he kissed her tenderly. A wave of sadness passed over him as he got up and headed towards the door.

A foreboding feeling swept over Elisabeth. She ran after him through the endless corridor opening door after door but the rooms were empty. Nearly exhausted, she opened the last door to find a dungeon. A very tall man with brown hair and eyes glanced up at her. Another man hung from chains completely battered in tattered clothing. All she could see was the top of his light brown curly hair. “William,” she called.

“That’s not William.” The tall man’s forehead shifted into ridges and fangs jutted from his mouth. “You will never have William.”

The man on the wall lifted his head. For a moment, she saw the face of her William. Then the face of William shifted into a ridged forehead and his teeth grew into fangs. A wispy white light emanated from his chest and left it. The light took the form of William but encased in an angelic glow, the most beautiful sight she had ever seen.

The depth of love in William’s eyes touched her soul. “Know that I love you more than I have ever loved anyone or ever will. Because of you, I lost my fear and became who I always wanted to be. You truly are my happiness, my muse and my soul-mate.” Then he started to fade.

“William, I love you. You’re stronger than this. Please don’t go.”

“Remember me, my butterfly,” he whispered as he completely faded into oblivion.

Elisabeth felt the core of her being tearing into shreds at that moment. She couldn’t stop it no matter what she did. “NO!”****

Someone shook her. “Elisabeth wake up,” Rose pleaded. “You’re having a nightmare.”

Elisabeth looked around at her dimly lit room. All was normal except for the ominous feeling in the pit of her stomach. “Someone’s trying to hurt William. I have to go to him.”

“It’s three in the morning. You can’t go now. It’s …”

Before Rose could object further, Elisabeth grabbed a coat and bolted out the door. Running through the cobblestone streets with his card, she eventually found William’s home after a few wrong turns and cat calls from street thugs. Frantically, she banged on the door until a very burly man and a ruddy faced woman answered.

“Miss,” he said.

Elisabeth brushed past them. “William!” she shrieked. “William!”

A door opened upstairs and she heard someone running down the stairs. William rushed up to her and held her tightly. “Elisabeth, are you alright?” He cupped her face and studied her. “Has someone tried to harm you?”

“No, I had a horrible nightmare. There was this monster and….” She started sobbing.

“I won’t let anyone harm you.” He picked her up and carried her to his living room where he cradled her on the couch.

“He wasn’t trying to harm me. He was a vampire, all fangy and grrr. He turned you into one. You lost your soul then you were just all fangy and grrr. You weren’t William anymore.” Heaving sobs racked her body. “I lost you.”

“You won’t lose me. I promise.”

“You can’t stop it. I can’t stop it.” Elisabeth knew this for certain as if she’d seen it already happen. “I need you William. Please don’t leave me.”

“I won’t leave you.” William continued to hold her.

“You think I’m crazy, don’t you?”

“Well, I don’t believe in vampires but I believe in you. Maybe your dream is an allegory for a corruptive friend who takes me down a dark path. Tries to corrupt me, you think?”

That explanation made much more sense. “I guess so.”

“How about I promise not to let anyone corrupt me?”

“Sounds good,” she replied. *My William always keeps his promises.*

A little later the woman who was at the door brought a drink. “Here’s a hot toddy. You’ll feel better.”

Elisabeth sipped the strong lemony, clove flavored and slightly sweet drink. Soon her eyes grew heavy while clutched William’s linen nightshirt. Agnes tried to pry the sleeping girl’s fists open but couldn’t so William settled back against the couch with her in his arms. Agnes covered them with a light blanket before settling down in a chair in the corner of the room in order to give some sense decency to the matter.

-------------------------------------------------
The next morning Elisabeth awoke in William’s arms. Now she believed the dream had a deeper meaning and didn’t take it at face value just like William said. Slow steady breathing and a rhythmic heartbeat thudding beneath her ear let her know that William remained William for now. Further, she realized that she was exactly where she wanted to be. Unable to resist, she ran her fingers through his tousled curly hair. “Elisabeth,” he moaned. Then she felt him stiffen. Slowly her hand slid beneath his open nightshirt to feel taught chest muscles and down until she could almost touch.

Someone cleared their throat out of sight behind them. “We can fix you up with some of Mrs. Pratt’s clothing. Afterwards, you can have some breakfast.”

William opened his eyes and smiled but shifted slightly to keep his morning glory from touching her. Elisabeth blushed and bolted from the couch.
-----------------------------------------------------

Upstairs, Elisabeth did as the older woman directed. “Is William angry with me?”

“Oh heavens no,” Agnes replied. “He could never be cross with you. He didn’t mind comforting you at all.”

“Really,” she said as she combed her hair.

“William has a giving nature. One day when he has a family of his own he’ll be a very nurturing father. It’s unusual in a man.”

Elisabeth had to agree with that.
------------------------------------------
Once she dressed, Elisabeth joined William for eggs Benedict. “Thanks for dealing with coo coo girl last night.”

William translated for a moment. “It’s my pleasure.” He chuckled at her outfit. “You may want to go home and change. Having you dressed like my mother wouldn’t do for my plans today.”

“Not down with the Oedipus,” she remarked.

“Not at all,” he agreed.

-----------------------------------------------
After breakfast Elisabeth went home to clean up and dress, she assured Rose that she was fine but needed a nap. Apparently William sent word that she was well and properly escorted. Once Heath and Rose left for church, she wore her lacey pink and white dress with matching hat that she designed to the park.

At the park, an orchestra played in the gazebo covered bandstand area. Several folks gathered together readying for a festival. William awaited her beneath their tree wearing a beige and brown suit and hat to match. When he saw her he kissed her hand and offered his arm. “You look quite fetching today.”

“Thank you and you’re yummy yourself,” she replied taking his arm.

He escorted her to a small boat and rowed them across the lake to one of the tiny islands. Once he helped her out of the skiff, he handed her a blind fold. “Do you trust me?”

“Yes,” she answered while she tied it around her eyes.

After a brief and shaky walk, he removed the blind fold to find herself beneath a canopied tree. Several pastel bows and other decorations including tiny cupids, hearts and butterflies were tied around the branches and overhangs. A small elegant picnic area had been set-up in corner. Across the lake the orchestra played. “This is the most romantic thing ever.”

William offered his hand to dance. Beneath the canopy, they danced close. Afterwards, they sat down on the picnic cloth to eat lobster and drink champagne. Elisabeth wanted this moment to last forever.

William took her hand and looked into her eyes. “Elisabeth you are my soul-mate and I want to be with you forever. Please do me the honor of becoming my wife.” Then he removed a small jewelry box from his pocket. Within a gold ring with four diamonds arranged to form a delicate butterfly atop glistened in the sunlight.

Deep down Elisabeth knew she wasn’t meant to marry or have a family. Instead, she was meant to die young, a warrior’s death. No one gave her the choice. Everyone treated her like a weapon. That is what her dreams told her. However, now before her the man of her dreams offered her what she couldn’t have but she feared she couldn’t give him what he wanted most.

“No,” she replied breaking down into tears.
Visionary by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
William fights for Elisabeth's affections.
“Elisabeth, I thought….you loved me,” he mumbled.

“I do love you and I want to marry you but I’m not allowed.”

William put his arms around her. “I will talk to your cousins. I should have talked to them first. I will alleviate their objections.”

“It's not them. I’m not supposed to marry, have children or have a career because I’m going to die young. I’m supposed to fight demons. That’s all I’m meant for.” Elisabeth blurted the words before she had to chance to think how crazy she must sound. These were images from her dreams that she knew them to be true but how?

“Is this part of the nightmares you have?” He started rubbing gentle circles on her back.

“Yeah, crazy huh?” she asked. She looked up to find him studying her. “You deserve a not crazy wife.” The thought of him with someone else made her sob harder.

“I don’t think you’re crazy. I think your fears are manifesting themselves in your dreams. As a result of the hit you took to your head months ago, they’re more vivid and frightening.” He tilted her chin up and looked directly into her eyes. “Elisabeth, what do you want?”

She thought a moment. “I like working with fashion at Leveaus and I want a career doing that.” She looked deep inside her heart. “Most of all, I want to marry you.”

William beamed. “Marriage to me won’t mean that you can’t have the career you want. I’ll support you in anything you want to do. You know that.” He removed his handkerchief and dabbed the tears on her cheeks. “Maybe your nightmares will go away now that you know that I won’t prevent you from following your dreams.”

“Maybe,” she agreed. “I don’t think I can have children.” His nurturing nature and huge house indicated his want of a family. She worried how he would feel in a few years once he realized she couldn’t have children. “You deserve a family.”

For a moment, he contemplated that but more than a family he wanted Elisabeth. “If we can’t have children, there is a bright side. I get to keep you all to myself.” His lips caressed hers in a gentle kiss that deepened until her knees shook. “Now Elisabeth will you marry me?”

“Oh yes,” she whispered. Then he slipped the ring onto her finger. “I love you.” Time for some major kissage. She launched herself at him causing them to tumble to the ground.

His tongue danced in her mouth until they were breathless. Then he unbuttoned her blouse. “You shouldn’t let me do this to you. This is so improper.” His fingertips caressed her breast

“But it feels so good,” she countered. As he lowered his lips to kiss her breasts, she gently ran her fingers through his wavy locks. Feeling her heart pounding, she arched her back eager for more. The tingling warmth between her legs drove her wild.

Once his arousal became obvious and too much to contain, he broke away and lay down on the grass. “You’re too tempting.”

“So are you,” she whispered. Elisabeth unbuttoned his shirt and trailed kisses down William’s chest. Her hardened nipples brushed against him. Several times she saw his knuckles whiten from pleasure while several moans escaped his lips.

Later, they both relaxed next to each other happy, breathless and eager for their wedding night. William reluctantly buttoned her blouse for her while she did his. “We must maintain an air of respectability.”

“No more kissage and other stuff,” she replied with a pout.

“I didn’t say that.” He offered his arm. “We must be careful. You need to hide that ring until I can formally ask your guardians for permission to marry you.”

-----------------------------------------------------

Two days later, Elisabeth received a love note from William letting her know that he would be talking to her guardians the following evening and that he thought of a little poem during their last date.

**And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

**Lyrics from Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls

*I have such a wonderful boyfriend….fiancé, definitely a keeper.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next evening Elisabeth tip toed down the stairs when she heard William’s dulcet tones as he spoke to Heath and Rose. “My reason for marriage is that we love each other,” he said.

“Though Elisabeth’s family was wealthy, that wealth waned. They left her with very little.” Heath cleared his throat. “She has no dowry to speak of but is used to being kept in a certain manner.”

“A dowry means nothing to me,” William countered. “I earn five thousand pounds per year. Also, I own a home in Knightsbridge and a cottage in the country.”

“That is more than suitable,” Heath replied.

“You’ve only known each other a few weeks if that. You can’t possibly be in love. You’re both young, especially Elisabeth. I’m sure it is only an infatuation on her part. Could you live with yourself if that is the case?”

That statement infuriated Elisabeth. *She wants me to improve her social status by marrying Wellington.* After Rose said what she did, Elisabeth heard nothing so she opened the parlor door and looked directly at William.

Rose’s statement stunned William. At that moment, he looked up to see Elisabeth standing in the doorway gazing at him with smiling eyes. That look said: I accept everything that you are. I’m proud of you. I believe in you. Most of all, I love you. She always looked at him like that. It empowered him. This was more than an infatuation.

William stood up. “We love each other and we will marry…even without your blessing.” He extended his hand to Elisabeth.

Disregarding propriety, she took his hand and kissed him lightly on the lips. “I’ll only marry William because I love him and no one else.” Then she extended her hand so that Rose and Heath could see her butterfly engagement ring.

Rose left the room in a huff while Heath poured a glass of sherry. “I have a few stipulations young man.” William cocked his head to listen to Heath’s words. “Give her a proper engagement and wedding since women live for that sort of thing. Treat her well. Last but not least, there better not be any surprises until at least nine months after your wedding date.”

“Of course sir,” William replied.

“Young lady there better not be any more mysterious ailments every Sunday. You need to attend church.”

Elisabeth gasped in shock. Heath has always been such a quiet man. She didn’t think he noticed her comings and goings. “I will.”

After looking pointedly at her, Heath’s eyes rested on William. “I take it you will be attending church as well.”

“I suppose I will but afterwards I like to relax in the park.” William’s hand tightened around Elisabeth’s. There was no way he would give up his private time with her.

Heath frowned and sipped his sherry. Now that the couple were engaged and obviously shared a passion for each other, he wouldn’t let them give in to temptation. Many girls were disgraced by their young men during their engagement only to have the young man end it once he had his desires met. Elisabeth needed to be properly escorted by a married woman during her sojourns with William. “Rose and I could use more fresh air. Can you recommend a suitable park?”

“Battersea Park,” William replied. “Are you sure your wife would care for the park?”

“I’ll make sure of it.”

“Thank you,” he replied. “My mother will be back tomorrow. I would like for her to meet Elisabeth. Perhaps on Saturday, you and your wife would come to dinner.”

“You asked for Elisabeth’s hand without your mother’s approval or even knowledge?” The inappropriateness and boldness shocked Heath. From what he understood of William, the young man lacked any form of audacity but now he seemed to have it in spades.

“While I’m sure my mother will love Elisabeth, I am the man of the house. My marriage to Elisabeth is my decision.” William patted Elisabeth’s hand in assurance.

Heath’s eyebrows rose at his rather defiant attitude and wondered if this was a suitable match. “You might be the man of your house but you realize that Elisabeth has a very spirited and independent attitude.” He nodded towards her.

“Those are the qualities that I admire most about her. While I will always be the man of the house, she will be treated with equality and respect. I plan to teach her how to manage our finances and even about the family business. She may even keep her job at the dress shop if she wishes.”

While he agreed with the respect part, Heath couldn’t imagine a woman caring about business or finances. “That is something you may wish to reconsider. I’m sure no woman would care for such matters.”

No one ever taught her any of that but it made sense that she should know something about it to help if needed. “I’m interested.” The look Heath gave her made her feel inadequate.

William squeezed her hand and grinned wickedly at Heath. “I’m a member of both the Reform Club and the Athenaeum Club. I think women should be allowed in both.”

Heath’s drink spilled. The thought that women should join a political club such as the Reform club was abhorrent. Moreover, the thought of them joining a club reserved for scientists and artists was utterly ridiculous. As if a woman could ever be either! “Next you’ll suggest they be allowed to vote!”

“Actually, I think they should as well as non land owners should be allowed to vote as well.”

“Obviously, you both are suited to each other.” Heath stood up flustered from all the insane notions the young man had. “We will see you on Saturday. You may bid each other farewell.”

Elisabeth had sat quietly next to William listening to the exchange. All of his ideas would be normal someday. Somehow she just knew. For now, he was a visionary. As soon as the door closed behind Heath, she launched herself at William pinning him to the couch. “You are the most wonderful man on the planet. I’m so proud of you.” She kissed him over and over. “You’re like future man or something.”

*Future man…huh….well I’ll just enjoy her affections before Heath comes back.* William found he couldn’t move. Considering the position they were in, he really didn’t want to.
End Notes:
I hope you like the interlude between William and Heath. Spike is so punk and it seemed that was his era. My theory is that William was a 'punk' of the Victorian era but too afraid to express it. His ideas were considered insane during that time.
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
Thank you for all your reviews. You all are keeping my spirits up. I love hearing from you.
While Rose still pouted the next day, Mrs. Leveau the dressmaker’s wife gushed with enthusiasm. “A proper engagement should be at least six months. You need to have an exclusive dinner to announce your engagement to your closest friends and family. You’ll be getting so many invitations from people you never even met. Everyone will want to entertain the happy couple.”

*Six months! Six Months! There no way I can wait that long!* “We need to have a much shorter engagement than that.”

“Oh my,” she replied.

“I can’t wait that long for my William. I’m dying as it is. We’re never alone.”

The raven-haired middle-aged queen of accessories couldn’t stifle her laughter. “I guess Americans are more like the French: not prudish. You love your William very much. How about I chaperone you? My rules are not as strict.”

“You would! Thank you so much.” She hugged her new friend. *Six months of kissage and gropage but I’ll still be a virgin until my wedding night. William won’t break his promise to Heath.* Part of her loved the fact that William kept his word but part of her desperately wanted him to break it, least the nookie part. “William will still make me wait until our wedding night though.”

“It will be a special night then. The moment I heard about your engagement; I wanted to give you this.” She gave her a fancy gift box which Elisabeth excitedly opened. “You can wear it on your wedding night. William will love it.”

She opened the box to find a white sheer sleeveless peignoir with a cinched lace waist. The completely risqué negligee would drive William absolutely wild. She couldn’t wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
That Friday as Elisabeth stitched ribbons and silk flowers on a hat she designed, a pixie looking red headed girl her own age rushed in the shop. “May I help you?” The girl bustled with excitement.

“Are you Elisabeth Sommersby?”

“Ummm yes,” she answered.

“I’m Jane Nestaun. I’m friends with Justin Sweeney, well more than friends; I hope. Anyways, Justin is friends with William. I’ve heard so much about you, all good. I understand that you’re a bit of a maverick. Oh, but I like that.” She nervously looked at the door. “Anyhow, I wanted to meet you and warn you about Cecily.”

“What about her?” Elisabeth flushed with anger.

“Now that William is unavailable, she wants him. You don’t have to worry though. William is completely smitten with you according to Justin. Besides, Cecily is a complete bint.” Her hand shot up to her mouth. “I shouldn’t have said that.” She glanced out the window again. “My parents will be coming along anytime so I have to go. We’ll have to have lunch sometime. Farewell.”

“Bye,” Elisabeth muttered to the breeze that trailed behind Jane. That evening she received an invitation from Jane for lunch the following week.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday evening, Elisabeth along with Heath and Rose arrived at William’s home in Knightsbridge. She nervously brushed down her pale green dress to ensure that it looked perfect. Though the home wasn’t a manor, the rather large brick home provided plenty of space and seemed entirely modernized. However, it only had the bare minimum of furnishings. After the maid escorted them to the parlor, a woman in her late forties or early fifties with white hair and a few remaining blond strands and an ovular wrinkled face that reflected many years of past beauty greeted them.

First she greeted Heath and Rose. Then she clasped Elisabeth’s hands. “You must be Elisabeth. I am so pleased to meet you. I’m Anne, William’s mother.”

“I’m glad to meet you too.”

Before Anne met her future daughter-in-law, she knew the girl’s entire dossier from her friends. Apparently, her shy William captured society’s American darling despite the attentions of several wealthier titled men. Anne sat with Heath and Rose and chatted about the upcoming nuptials. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Elisabeth throw her arms around William’s waist and hug him. William had always been an affectionate child. She was glad to see that he would have a loving wife. From everything William told her, this girl admired his forward thinking and agreed with it.

As they talked, she sensed Rose’s disapproval of the match and easily guessed why. Six months was a long time for the woman to find a reason to break the engagement. Anne decided to make it only four. “If I may be so bold, why don’t you two have the wedding on New Year’s Day? New Year’s Day falls on a Wednesday and you know what they say.”

“What they say,” Elisabeth inquired.

Anne recited a little rhyme she heard since childhood.

“Marry on Monday for health,
Tuesday for wealth,
Wednesday the best day of all,
Thursday for crosses,
Friday for losses, and
Saturday for no luck at all.”*

*Victorian rhyme of unknown origin

No mention of Sunday was made since marrying on the Sabbath was unheard of. “You can start off the New Year with a new life. Wouldn’t that be poetic William?”

“Very much so but it’s up to Elisabeth,” he replied. He turned and looked her directly in the eyes. “Elisabeth, what would you like to do?”

Every time he looked at her like that, Elisabeth knew that he truly wanted to know her thoughts on the matter at hand and would support her entirely. He didn’t want her to give in to any pressure. “New Year’s Day sounds perfect.”

Rose gasped and gave the couple a sharp look. “Four months is too soon. A six month engagement is barely proper. A year would be best. Besides, they couldn’t even get a chapel in that time.”

“Nonsense,” Anne countered. “No one gets married on New Year’s Day so there will be plenty of free chapels. Who cares what other people think? Besides, they’re so much in love that it would be almost criminal to keep them apart.”

“Four months is too short of time to plan everything, time that I don’t have,” Rose countered.

“I understand completely but I have a solution. Since I don’t have a daughter, I never had the chance to help plan a wedding. This is a wonderful opportunity for me.” Anne smiled at Elisabeth. “Would you like my help dear?”

“I would love your help.”

“Excellent,” Anne stated. “We will get together tomorrow to start planning. Lack of planning won’t be an issue, nor will anything else stop this wedding.” A bell jingled lightly in another room. “Dinner is ready.”

Everyone ambled towards the dining room. William took Elisabeth’s hand and held her back. As soon as everyone rounded the corner out of sight, he twirled her around with his arm around her waist, pressed her against him and kissed her savagely for a few brief seconds before he released her. A slight taste of liquor remained in Elisabeth’s mouth and a warm sensation between her legs as he ended the kiss. “You’ve been drinking.”

“You can thank Sweeney for that. I had an afternoon of brawling followed by boozing. I loved every minute of it.” For all accounts, William looked normal except for a few bruises hidden beneath his clothing, his badges of honor.

“And here I thought you were a quiet sober poet,” she commented.

“I am and will be five days a week.” In a typical William fashion, he pushed back his glasses with his forefinger.

“You’re a weekend warrior and party animal.”

“No only Saturdays and Wednesdays,” he replied in a serious tone. “I would never drink or fight on the Sabbath.”

“Part savage, part poet, that makes me hot,” she whispered.

Confusion crossed his features for a moment before he translated the comment and smiled.



End Notes:
Did you like Anne? How about Jane? Spuffy lovin' coming in the next chapter.
William Pratt and the Magic Strawberry Pebble by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
OK - We have smut, racial slurs, transvesticism, drunken behavior, violence and lewd comedy. Consider yourself warned.
For several weeks, lunches with Jane twice a week became a regular thing for Elisabeth. Quickly, a friendship formed and they discussed everything. “Will you be my bridesmaid?”

Jane squealed and rapidly tapped her feet on the ground. “Of course, I will. This is so exciting. Is it true you’re designing your own dress?”

“Yes, it will be very different from what everyone else does. Speaking of which, I want to show you the bridesmaid dress, in case you’re not comfortable wearing it.” Elisabeth showed her the conceptual drawing of the sleeveless non-corseted amethyst chiffon dress gathered at the waist with a full length skirt that featured a light crinoline beneath it instead of full hoops.

“Oh my goodness, no sleeves only straps,” Jane gasped. “I’ll wear it but we can’t tell my parents. If they see it for the first time while I’m walking down the aisle then they can’t say no or make a scene. How risqué is your dress?”

“Strapless and sleeveless,” she replied.

Jane gasped and blushed. A few sips of tea calmed her nerves. “Is it true that William is encouraging you to have a career?”

From what Elisabeth understood, society ladies didn’t have careers while women of lower classes had jobs not careers and only for money. “Yes, he is.”

“That’s wonderful.” Jane took a few more sips of tea. “My father studied law. I’ve read all my father’s law books and I understand everything but no one knows that except you. No one would accept a female attorney even if it is just a contractual one like Justin.”

“Nothing will change overnight.” Somehow Elisabeth knew that it would be well over a century before anything would change.

“It would be unseemly to discuss the law with Justin.”

Elisabeth thought a moment. “Justin is friends with William. How about I talk to William and have him talk to Justin? Maybe you can help Justin behind the scenes.”

“That’s brilliant! Thank you,” she said. “Maybe you can convince him to tell Justin to get rid of that mustache that I hate. He only grew it to fit in with the gentry.”

A few lunch dates later, Jane confided that William convinced Justin to let her try her hand at reviewing contracts and writing them as well. He would send the work to her home where she would work instead of prattling about. At first he had his concerns but after evaluating her work, Justin was convinced of her qualifications and started to increase his client base. Also, he shaved the “God awful” mustache.
--------------------------------------------------------------

The next Wednesday evening several rapid punches brought Justin down. William looked startled at his accomplishment. “Well, I guess it’s my turn to provide the libations,” stated Justin. Whoever lost would provide the beverage. Until now, they would split a bottle of fine wine courtesy of William. After they each grabbed a cool damp towel and cleaned up, they went to Justin’s upstairs living area where he grabbed a bottle of whiskey. “This is Jameson Whiskey, the finest in all of Ireland. Since you brought me down properly, I decided to treat you to a drink only an Irishman could appreciate.”

William often wondered about Justin’s ebony eyes and hair. “You know you don’t look Irish.”

“I’m black Irish.” Justin poured two glasses of whiskey. “You need to take it easy with this stuff.” He then swallowed a mouthful.

William matched Justin’s speed and gulped the whiskey that had a bit of bite to it. “Do you think that I can’t handle my liquor?”

“I know you can’t handle it, unlike me.” Justin poured into both glasses.

“I suppose it’s because you’re Irish.”

“That’s exactly it, limey with your wine and watered down ale.” Justin laughed when William’s British reserve kicked in. “You can’t even take a little insult.”

William gulped down another. “I can out drink you Mick.”

Justin poured more and gulped it down. “I doubt that Feb.” *Fucking English Bastard*

“Shant,” William countered referring to the shanties associated with where the Irish lived.

“Teabag,” Justin countered.

“Spud fucker,” William replied.

Justin nearly fell out of his chair laughing with his friend’s loss of propriety. “Lobsterback,” he countered referring to the red coats they wore in the revolutionary war.

“Bogtrotter,” William replied.

Two empty bottles later, William stumbled out with Justin’s help. “I’m shine. I can hold my lisher better than you.”

“Your home is that way.” Justin pointed to several different streets. “Here let me hell you.” He grabbed William by his waist and helped him stumble along.

A couple blocks later, they encountered three strange men. William stared at them. “My spectables mus be dirty. They look weird.”

Justin pointed and laughed. “They have boompy foreheads and the worst teeths ever. They are FEBS: Fugly English Bastards.”

“Fugly,” William repeated.

“Fucking ugly,” Justin stated.

“We’ll fugly you,” the leader growled.

Suddenly, the Febs left. “They’re going affer that boy. We should rescue ‘im.”

When they got there, the boy stood alone. “The chicken shits ran. They heard bou us.”
-----------------------------------------
Earlier that evening, a feeling of dread washed over Elisabeth. Instantly, she thought of William and worried because she knew about their habit of drinking afterwards. Though she had seen William almost sober after a shared bottle of wine, she worried about what kind of shape he would be in if Justin provided the beverage.

Dressed as a boy with her hair in a cap, Elisabeth made her way towards Sweeney’s office, hoping the terrible twosome remained there. Not far away, she heard the drunken duo and felt three fledglings. Instinctively, she grabbed a large tree branch and broke it so she had a stake. Somehow, she knew about vampires. They didn’t frighten her and she knew how to kill them. *The dreams must be a warning system.*

Instantly, she staked the first one as he lunged at her before turning and finishing off the other two. Just then, the odor of liquor assailed her nostrils as a pair of pompous drunks stumbled towards her. “You should shank us whelp. We scared ‘em away. My mate the fud spucker has a rep.” William stood with his light brown hair in a near afro and his clothes not much better.

“No, it swas you, you Island Monkey.” Justin stood there looking only slightly less disheveled.

Elisabeth shook her head at the three piles of dust that surrounded them and two drunks in front of her. “C’mon,” she said grabbing each of their hands.

“You’re a strange boy. Are those bristols?” Half-way to his townhome, Justin took a closer look. “Those are definitely devil’s dumplings.”

William adjusted his spectacles and looked closely. “I recognize those tatas. Those are my petals.” He clumsily tried to throw his arms around her. “Elisabeth, I love you.”

Elisabeth ducked the maladroit arms that tried to grab her. “Inside both of you,” she ordered. They lumbered in and climbed the stairs while she followed. “Justin, go to your room.”

“Yeah, Ma!”

William plopped on the couch and patted a spot next to him so she joined him. He pulled her down into a rough drunken kiss. “I wanna shag you senseless.”

Clanking and stumbling interrupted them. Justin ambled up to them with two glasses of amber colored liquid. “William stop snogging the poncey boy and drinks this.”

“No more booze,” she stated adamantly.

“It’s salted apple juice. Prevents hangovers.” The liquid sloshed slightly as Justin teetered. While Justin gulped his down, William leaned up and sipped his.

Once he finished, William’s head collapsed against the pillow and he fell into a sound sleep. “So much for fun but I’d rather have it sober,” she commented. She brushed his hair back and kissed his forehead. “I suppose I should check on Justin.”

As she made her way to what she hoped would be the bedroom, she prayed she wouldn’t see anything embarrassing. When she creaked open the door, she held her hand to her mouth to stifle her laughter. Justin stood at the side of his tall bed bent at the waist with his torso on the bed and fast asleep.

After one last kiss to William’s sleeping lips, Elisabeth scurried home and snuck in through a window.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sunday after church, the Leveaus chaperoned Elisabeth and William for a picnic at Battersea Park. They had a routine. Since only two people could ride safely in the small row boat and not much could be done in one, the young couple would be allowed to row throughout all the small inlets and streams which normally would take two hours. Instead, William would row them both over to the tiny island where they would hide beneath the canopied tree where he proposed. There they made excellent use of their time but all above the waist. After all, William gave his word to Heath that Elisabeth would remain a virgin until marriage.

As he unbuttoned her blouse, he kissed her passionately leaving her nearly breathless. Then she pushed him back and pinned him. William looked shocked. “This time I’m going first.” After unbuttoning his shirt, she trailed kisses from his chest to his navel, enjoying the now highly defined muscles he developed from his regular sparring matches. Only a few buttons restrained his glory below which stiffened as her hand crept towards the first button. In her dreams, she knew that she had seen the male form in pictures but never in real life.

“Elisabeth, what do you think you’re doing?”

“You get to play with my petals.” She undid the second button. “Why can’t I play with Mr. Happy?”

Two buttons later she unearthed treasure. *Shy William doesn’t need to be so shy!* Using her fingertip, she touched the top and made lazy descending circles until she had completely covered his head. By then, he completely hardened. *Steel covered in silky skin and all mine.* She felt him trembling. She wrapped her hand around him and gently massaged up and down.

William gasped and moaned. “Elisabeth….oh….please,” he mumbled. After a few rounds, she popped her mouth down on him. Somehow she managed the stretch. “Oh lord!” he exclaimed.

Elisabeth did everything instinctually since she had never done this before even in her dreams. Moving up and down, Elisabeth got her rhythm while he moaned and trembled. Lightly, she rubbed his balls causing him to moan even louder.

“Elisabeth…..you need to…stop. I’m going ….to,” he gasped. Seeing his absolute pleasure, she continued and swirled her tongue around. “Oh GOD!” he exclaimed. She felt a warm salty slickness in the back of her throat and swallowed. “I’m in heaven.” William laid there a moment in recovery.

“So I did good,” she stated.

“Elisabeth, you’re incredible.” He cleaned up and buttoned up. “To avoid temptation pet,” he stated.

Unexpectedly, he flipped her on her back and dove beneath her skirt. “Are you going to ….oh my,” she squealed.

*Too many damn undergarments keeping me from my prize!* Finally, William found treasure. *Very neatly trimmed, I love it!* Gently, he spread her legs apart. Ever so delicately, his fingers glanced over her but not quite in. *Looks like a flower of sorts. This will be reserved for the wedding night. Oh but what’s this? It looks like an elongated strawberry pebble.* He kissed it and she gasped. He rolled his tongue around it and she shuddered. He sucked it for several minutes and she shuddered and muttered thanks to the lord above. *I wonder what would happen if I suckled while flicking my tongue rapidly around it and at the tip of it.*

Elisabeth soared into heaven losing any resemblance of sanity she had. Electric erotic sensations she never dreamed possible shot from beneath her skirts to her entire body. Suddenly, she exploded in an earth shattering scream muffled by her skirt that she bit down on since William had flung up to her chin. As she regained her breath, William looked up and smiled. “You are a God William!”

*I doubt if she’s upset about me getting drunk anymore. Once I’m married, I’ll have to tell Justin about the magic strawberry pebble.*

End Notes:
Please R&R. Did anyone guess what the Magic Strawberry Pebble was before reading? JIC - Black Irish are those thought to be born of Iberrian descent bc they have pale skin but dark eyes and hair - there's a legend behind it.
So NOT A Lady by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
Elisabeth gets lessons on how to be a lady.
Early in the morning, Elisabeth stared through her window at the autumn leaves that blew about and read the poem William wrote on an orange card in the shape of a leaf.

Come said the wind to
the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows
and we will play.
Put on your dresses
scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone
and the days grow cold.

*Victorian children’s song

Then she quickly readied herself and joined Rose for yet another lesson in being a proper wife. Yesterday, she learned that she couldn’t cook: failure one. Today was hosting a tea party. First, she made sure the scones, sandwiches and butter cookies were ready. Then she sat down with her guest and placed the tea tray on the small table in front of them. She poured a cup for Rose then herself before placing it back on the tray.

Rose turned the spout. “The spout must always face the hostess.”

“Milk,” Elisabeth offered.

“You always offer the sugar first so it may dissolve before you pour the milk. Careful not to let the tongs touch the tea.” They sipped a little. “The saucer remains on the table and pinky down.”

“Scones,” Elisabeth offered.

“Napkin first,” Rose stated.

Elisabeth did so. After scones, they ate the sandwiches followed by dessert.

After tea in the parlor, they went into the dining room where a pile of dishes, silverware and other nick knacks sat in a large pile in the center of the table. “You must arrange the place settings correctly. Hopefully, you’ll have a cook who knows what to fix. Remember that everything must be perfect.”

“If it’s not perfect, my husband and my friends will forgive.” Elisabeth started placing the plates in their proper places.

“I’m sure at first he would. Forgiveness is easy for newlyweds. However, you are not marrying a man of such station that you can simply be an ornamental wife. William needs a functional wife. One that won’t embarrass him in front of a prospective client.”

Of the six forks, Elisabeth knew the salad fork and the one for the main course. Also, a knife was a knife but there was one for the butter, roast, game and several others that she couldn’t remember. Onto the stemware, she remembered the red glass was for Rhine wine but she couldn’t remember the others.

After she finished, Rose corrected everything before handing her a dinner menu. “What is wrong with this menu?”

“Too many sauces,” Elisabeth guessed.

Rose rolled her eyes. “No, you never serve fish with potatoes.”

Despite their dining room disaster, Rose continued with their lessons. “The most important thing for a wife to do is to always act like a lady. First, you must be a devout Christian. You need to attend church regularly. Now I know at one point you have considered a profession. Your profession is to govern your home and be a loving mother.” Rose looked around discretely. “Lastly, you must remain a virgin until marriage. You behave too flirtatiously.”

When she thought of everything her and William did do, Elisabeth blushed. However, one barrier remained intact. “I can assure you that I’m still a virgin.” *Just not entirely pure.*

“And you will remain so until your wedding night,” Rose stated. “A married lady never initiates the act nor does she behave wantonly. If she does, she is not a lady.”

*I’m sure William doesn’t want a lady in his bed. However, I’m sure he wants someone who can run his home. What am I going to do?* “I understand. I’m not feeling well. I’m going to lie down for a little while.”

Once inside her room, Elisabeth hiked up her skirt, climbed out of her window and shimmied down the tree.



After running all the way to William’s house, Elisabeth frantically knocked on their door. Once the servant let her in, Anne said goodbye to a few of her matronly friends who had just finished tea. They raised their eyebrows when they saw her rudeness but Anne quickly recovered the situation. “Elisabeth is here to discuss the wedding. She’s just a tad early but it’s alright since we’re just finishing up.”

While the others ladies left, Elisabeth stared at the perfect place settings and sighed. *This will never be me.*

Anne joined her. “What’s wrong dear?” When Elisabeth greeted her question with silence, Anne hugged her. “Tell me,” she pleaded.

“I can’t set a proper table, throw a proper dinner party or serve tea correctly so I won’t make a good wife.” Elisabeth plopped down on the chaise.

“I can teach you.”

Elisabeth shrugged. “Thing is I really don’t care about those things.”

“You don’t care about those things. Is it because Americans aren’t into as into the British pomp and circumstance?”

“That’s a lot of it. There are other reasons too. I don’t want to ruin William’s business because I’m not a proper wife.”

Anne looked at her sympathetically. “You may not be a proper wife by society’s standards but you’ll be a proper wife to William.”

“But what about the business dinners and entertaining,” she countered. “Will you help me with them?”

“Once you became the lady of the house, I planned to move to the country cottage.” Anne patted her hand. “Most young wives do not want their mother-in-laws anywhere near them.”

“This house is huge. We won’t be stepping on each other. It wouldn’t bother me if you stayed here.”

Anne daintily dabbed a couple of tears from her eyes. “We will ask William if it’s alright when he comes home.” She excused herself for a moment. When she returned, she handed Elisabeth a large bulky envelope. “Go ahead and open it,” she said.

Little seashells adorned the border of the card that featured a painting of a beach and an address in Malaga, Spain. “What’s this?”
“My present to you and William,” she answered. “One of my friends has a very private beach bungalow there and I thought it would be the perfect place for your honeymoon. You’ll take a steamship there and back. You’ll have about two months. That’s why William’s been working extra lately. He wants to clear his schedule. So, do you like?”

*Private beach, sex, naked William, sex, sun, sex, swimming, sex, I am so NOT a lady!* “It sounds wonderful. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Would you like to stay for dinner?”

“Yes, thank you.”

For several hours, they discussed the wedding and several other topics.


Just before dinner, William arrived home so Anne left the parlor to give them some privacy. Before he could say anything, Elisabeth threw her arms around him and kissed. When the dinner bell rang, they stopped and she ran her fingers through his hair. “This is most unexpected but the best welcome home ever.” As he held her close, he nibbled her earlobe making her giggle. “What brings you here?”

“Once we’re married, I won’t be acting like a lady.”

He crinkled his nose and pushed back his spectacles. “I’m not sure I know what you mean.”

“Rose told me that a lady never initiates you know.” She ran her finger down his chest. “I’m not sure I’ll be much of a lady.”

“I hope not.” He pressed himself against her.

“Good, then you’ll get even better welcome homes,” she whispered. The dinner bell rang even louder so he took her hand and lead her to the dining room. “So are you going to tell me about your Halloween costume?”

“No it’s a surprise.”

“That’s not fair. I mean Jane can’t keep a secret so you know about ours. Please tell me.” She jutted her bottom lip out. She and Jane decided to wear the same style of revealing outfits.

William smiled with what Justin came up with. Technically, they weren’t costumes. “You’ll just have to see. I will give you a hint. We both have been practicing.”

“Practicing what?” she asked.

“If I told you, it would give it away.”
End Notes:
Please R&R. Can anyone guess what William's costume will be? It's from a movie in my top 100. Bring on the guesses. Thanks for your support.
The Lawful and the Lawless by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
Halloween holds many surprises, especially when celebrated the Irish way.
Late in the afternoon of October 31st at William’s home, Elisabeth tied an emerald green ribbon in Jane’s strawberry red hair. “How do I look?”

Her friend stood before her in an emerald green flowing skirt that came to just above her ankles and the royal purple long sleeve peasant shirt. “You’re beautiful. Justin will go wild.”

Jane looked at her friend’s gypsy outfit: a cream off the shoulder peasant shirt, black leather waist cinch and a royal blue flowing handkerchief skirt that came to just above her ankles and a tad higher at times. “You’re gorgeous and that outfit is so bold that William will have to guard you against potential suitors.”

Tonight Anne would chaperone both couples. The girls got ready at the Pratt residence while the men got ready at Justin’s home. “Their carriage is here.” Jane watched from the window. “Oh my goodness!”

When Jane blushed and nearly hyperventilated, Elisabeth rushed over to see what she was missing only to see the back of a black cape enter the house. She grabbed Jane as she rushed towards the door. “No, we’re going to make them wait so we can make an entrance. That’s the plan.”

Jane plopped down on the bed. “Justin was just so …..rough. They’re both just as handsome as they can be.”

After waiting a little while, they ventured downstairs. From the back, Elisabeth saw William in a wide brimmed black Stetson hat and a black caped rifle frock coat practicing flourished fast draws. Justin stood across from him wearing the same style of hat with a silver vest and black knee length frock coat practicing his fast draw. He glanced up and tipped his hat. “Ladies,” he said. “Don’t worry; they’re not loaded.”

William turned and tipped his hat as well. “Beautiful gypyies,” he stated.

Black hat, floor length cape-like coat, burgundy vest over a white linen shirt, black pants and a hip holster which drew attention to something he should be proud of: Elisabeth could safely say that black and red were William’s colors and the duster his garment of choice. Wearing the duster, he exuded a ruggedness and refinement, all in the same breath. Elisabeth felt the heat between her legs. “Hello handsome,” she said.

“Authentic U.S. Marshalls,” William stated pointing to the badge. “Justin’s cousin from the states is visiting and let us borrow these. In return, a certain fashion designer I know will design his girl a dress.”

“Oh, its worth it.” She grabbed his hand and led him to to the living room. “You can arrest me and do anything you want to me.”

“I don’t have any handcuffs.”

“Too bad,” she drawled. “Either way I won’t resist you.” Elisabeth laid back on the couch and hiked up her skirts so he could see her fishnets. “That coat makes you completely irrestistable.”

“Those fishnets make you the sexiest little minx ever.” William lowered himelf on top of her and kissed her passionately.

As he trailed kisses down her neck and shoulders, she felt herself melting. Through their clothing, she felt him. *My wedding night can’t come soon enough!* Suddenly, he was painfully hard.

“My gun,” he muttered. When he sat up, the handle rested against her inner thigh. “This almost took my wedding night present.”

“We’re getting married in two months. I don’t know why we have to wait.” *Elisabeth dreamt of a time where waiting until marriage was almost unheard of.*

“You’ll be mine forever.” He offered his hand to her. “It makes it more special.” When they walked in the parlor, William cleared his throat so that Justin and Jane could break their lip lock. “Mum’s coming. You don’t want her to think we’re sullying our women.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------
On the carriage ride over, Elisabeth noticed the neighborhood getting a little rough but it didn’t scare her. Since William had his arm and coat draped around her shoulders, the chill in the air didn’t bother her either. Anne contentedly looked out the window of the carriage ignoring both couples embraces. They pulled up to a rather old brick building with jack-o-lanterns lining the ground and crosses on the walls.

Justin hopped out first. “Don’t worry. It’s safe. We’re celebrating Halloween the Irish way.”

Elisabeth stopped and looked at the wet ground surrounding the building but several feet out. “Why is the ground wet?”

“That’s holy water to keep the demons away. We’re superstitious folk.”

“Yeah, so superstitious that you walk around with your buddy at night when the vampires are out,” Elisabeth muttered.

“That’s all fairytale nonsense. Some of the muggers are just….ugly and deformed.” Justin picked up several tiny pouches from a cauldron sitting on the ground at the entrance and handed one to each of them. The bags contained dust. “We also believe that throwing dust at a goblin will make them release all the souls they’ve stolen.”

When they walked in, many people dressed in costumes greeted Justin. Along the walls, paper cut outs of witches and ghost decorated the walls along with cornstalks in the corners. Shadow casters provided light spooky shadows. A contingent of children dressed as witches, devils, ghosts, goblins and ghouls descended upon William and Justin once they saw their outfits. Both men started entertaining them with flourished fast draws and other gun play. First, they tossed guns into a spin that they caught behind their backs and holstered. Then they spun the guns around their fingers while they twisted their wrists until they balanced the barrel in the palm of their hands. After a few more elaborate spins, they tossed each other their guns, spun them and holstered them. The children clapped and cheered. Both men promised more after dinner.

As William and Justin entertained the children, Elisabeth nudged Jane. “It looks our boyfriends have boyfriends.”

Jane looked at her strangely. “Oh, I understand now. I’m glad they’re friends. Justin dropped his Irish brogue and picked up more formal mannerisms so he could fit in with the upper crust but he’s not quite comfortable with them. He’s afraid his intellectual friends wouldn’t like speaking to a former street brawler. On the other hand, he loves his family dearly and they him but he’s the only one with a college education. While he’s not ashamed of his past, he doesn’t quite fit into either world anymore.”

“While William comes from a good backround, he hates the trappings of society and doesn’t feel he fits either. And he loves fighting.”

“Justin does too. You know he still carries a knife in his boot.” Jane nodded toward’s Justin’s right leg.

“You can take the boy out of the street but you can’t take the street out of the boy.”

“Every woman wants to marry a gentleman but,” Jane giggled.

“Sleep with a bad boy,” Elisabeth finished. *I’m living the dream.*

Jane’s face turned beet red. “Well, I haven’t. I won’t. Not until I’m married.”


When the dinner bell rang, everyone sat at several long tables with the children having a table all to themselves. The children each had a baked potato while several older woman passed out plates of food to the adults. “The children get coins in the potatos that they’re allowed to keep.” Justin then passed a couple plates to them that had a mini mountain of green specked mashed potatoes with what looked like a tiny pool of butter in the middle. “This is Colcannon. The potatoes have onion and kale in them and that is butter. You dip each bite in the butter.”

Elisabeth took a few bites of the savory mashed potato mixture. “This is delicious. Thanks for inviting us. So where is this cousin of yours?”

Justin pointed to a man who looked about fifty wear a white striped black wild wig dressed as a middle class British gentleman with fake blood splattered across his chest and a folded straight blade razor in his pocket. The man had William’s build. “Beneath Sweeney Todd over there is Ezra Sweeney, my second cousin, U.S. Marshall and genuine Texan.”

Every now and then Elisabeth overheard bits and pieces of tall tales told with a Texan drawl from the next table. Once they finished their main course, everyone sliced into loaves of brown cake with fruit in it. “This is Barnbrack Cake. Watch for objects other than fruit in the cake.”

Elisabeth cautiously picked through her slice to find a simple tin ring in it. “What’s this for?”

Justin heartily laughed. “The ring is a sign of impending romance.” William held up a coin. “That’s the sign of a prosperous year.”

William draped his arm around Elisabeth’s shoulders. “I’ll be able to take care of you properly.”

“I’d rather have romance,” she stated. “And poetry,” she whispered in his ear with a kiss to follow.


After the meal ended, a priest sprinkled holy water on the children and a few of the adults before they left. “The holy water wards off evil spirits. My Ma and Pa are taking them out trick or treating. You’ll be able to meet them properly at the St. Patrick’s Party.”

“We’re going to the Sweeney St. Patty’s party because no one celebrates it like the Irish,” William stated.

“None of the Irish celebrate it like the Sweeneys do,” Justin added.

As some music with a lively beat resounded throughout the hall, William took Elisabeth’s hand and lead her to the dance floor. Instead of formal dancing, couples danced lively steps. After several dances, Ezra tapped William on the shoulder so William kissed her cheek and allowed Ezra a dance.

Ezra twirled her around several times. “So you’re the little filly who caught young Will’s heart,” he drawled.

“Yeah and you’re the mysterious cousin who taught them how them all that fancy gun stuff. I never met a Marshall before. Do you get into a lot of gun fights?”

“My fair share,” he replied. He looked towards William and Justin who twirled the guns again. “That’s just for show. In a real gun fight, we aim and fire quicker than you can blink.”

“You didn’t let them have bullets did you?”

“Hell nah,” he stated. “I’d never let them British dandies touch a bullet. Bad nuff I had to dodge my own pistols when they first tossed ‘em round but they’re doin’ a fine job now.”

“Oh, I hope they didn’t damage your guns.”

“Nah, even if they did. Not like I don’t have a bunch more.”

Elisabeth saw that he had no less than three pistols on him . “I can see.”

“Well, I carry more at night. You never know what kind of vermin you might meet at night especially during a shindig.” He patted one of the guns. “By the way, you goin’ to design somethin for my daughter?”

“I’d be honored. What’s her favorite color?”

“Green,” he replied. He twirled her in a big circle. “Think you can handle some real Texas dancin?”

“Bring it,” she answered. To her surprise, he spun her and flipped her over his back. She kept up with everything he had to dish out and then some. Then Ezra danced with Jane and Justin danced with her for a couple of songs.
--------------------------------------------------------
While his girl danced, William enjoyed some ice cold hard apple cider. After he danced with Jane, Ezra soon joined him. “Will, you have yourself one wild filly.”

“Indeed I do.”

“Mind some advice,” Ezra offered.

“Sure,” William replied.

“Make sure you deserve respect by takin care of your own. Sometimes you have to fight for it though.”

“Elisabeth respects me.”

“Just make sure everyone in your home respects you both including the passle of young ‘uns you’re sure to have. Sometimes you have to fight for it cause sometimes they just don’t listen.”

“My children will love me.”

“Sure they will but its respect that keeps your home in order. Respect is fifty percent love, forty percent admiration and ten percent fear.”

William looked at him in horror. “I will not have anyone in my home fear me. I find that revolting.”

“I don’t mean that everyone walks around in fear. I mean they listen to you and follow the rules but the fear the consequences if they don’t. That maintains order, especially when they’re teenagers.”

“I guess I have something to think about….later.” William noticed his mother talking several other matrons so he decided to make the most of his unchaperoned time.

--------------------------------------l------------------
Near the end of the song, Elisabeth felt a familiar tingle. William stood at the edge of the dance area with one raised eyebrow wearing that duster. He offered his hand and gave her that heart melting smile of his. She let him lead her outside. At the side of the building, away from the entrance, he embraced her. As his lips trailed gently over her shoulders a low moan escaped her lips. In William’s tender embrace, the world faded away giving way to a multitude of tinglies. *At last, some alone time and excellent kissage.*

Bang! Bang! Bang! “Damn ugly vermin!”

William pressed Elisabeth against him and covered her head the second the first gunshot thundered through the air.

“One of them vermin was watchin’ you over yonder.” Ezra pointed to a spot just beyond the holy water boundry where a pile of dust lay.

From inside, the music had slowed a bit leaving her to believe that they had been smooching for awhile. Once William relinquished his protective stance, Elisabeth looked at the pile curiously. “Bullets don’t kill vampires. Only a wooden stake through the heart will.” *Vampires and demons don’t come out on Halloween either. My dreams tell me so much.*

“I don’t reckon to get close to one like my daughter does. She’s real fast and real strong. I’d rather just shoot them with Mr. Colt here and these blessed wooden bullets. Now you two need to get back in. You had enough time unchaparoned. Wasn’t ‘bout to let Will’s ma come out here.”

William buttoned his shirt and Elisabeth straightened her clothes before they went in. When they entered, Elisabeth noticed Justin and Jane absent.

“Time to get the other two,” muttered Ezra.

With the slower tempo of music, Elisabeth enjoyed nearness as they danced together slowly. Later, Justin and Jane entered slightly disheveled with Ezra escorting them. Jane bubbled with delight and started showing folks her hand. William smiled. “I think she has some good news she wants to share.”

“Did Justin propose?” He nodded. “And you knew and didn’t say anything,” she concluded. “You should have told me.”

“Women gossip,” he stated.

“I wouldn’t have said anything.”

“Doubtful,” he replied.

“For that I’m not speaking to you for the rest of the night.” When she turned to leave, William grabbed her and kissed her.

“You said no speaking not kissing. Now go to Jane before she explodes.”

*He just gets bolder and bolder.*

The moment Elisabeth exited the dance floor, Jane grabbed her. “Justin proposed.” She held up a marquise shaped diamond engagement ring. “This is so exciting we must get together and plan the wedding sometime. I was thinking of having the ceremony in May.”

--------------------------------------------------------------
That night as Elisabeth went to sleep, she reflected on that evening. Her best friend was getting married but that didn’t bring the tear to her eye. Nor did the fact that having someone else take care of a vampire which relieved a weight on her shoulders. Instead, the fact that William loved her so much that he would protect her with his life meant more to her than anything. He didn’t even think twice when he wrapped himself around her as the first gun shot rang out. *No one has ever loved me so much.* She looked at the empty pillow next to her. *In two months, when I go to sleep, William will be next to me.*
End Notes:
A/N – Please R&R. I love hearing from you all. To get an idea of the gun show, go to youtube and look up “Gunslinger Joey Dillon Hollywood Gun Coach” and you will see the spins. To get an idea of just how fast Ezra fired his pistol, look up “Fast Draw - 5 shots off an assistant in less than a second.” It’s pretty amazing and funny also. The outfits that William and Justin are wearing was inspired by the movie Tombstone: Doc Holliday and Morgan Earp’s outfits respectively.

Anyone pickup on what Ezra’s daughter is? Please let me know your thoughts on anything and everything. Next a Yuletide party with Cecily and Wellington making a guest appearance.
Yule Tidings by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
Everyone prepares for Christmas day and Justin's proposal is revealed.
Early in December, Elisabeth rushed towards William’s house enjoying the scenery around her. Though afternoon, already the soft warm glow of candles and lanterns illuminated the snow covered homes, cobblestone streets and shops. Holiday hams and pastries hung in the shops while street vendors converged on the plethora of patrons who bustled in droves through the streets. For a month she collected scraps of ribbons, rickrack, cloth, buttons and various knickknacks that the shop set to be discarded in anticipation of this day.

At the same time she arrived, Jane came running up next to her carrying a silver hat box. “This is going to be fun.”

“I’ve never done anything like this before.” Together they planned to decorate the Pratt residence for Christmas.

Though they decorated and always kept the Christmas spirit, because it was just the two of them, William and Anne always spent the holidays at someone else’s house. This time they would have Christmas dinner at their home with Elisabeth, Jane and Justin in attendance. Since Jane’s family wanted to go on a Swiss ski trip like they did most every Christmas, Jane opted instead to spend her Christmas in London with her fiancé. However, she needed an escort and Anne would be perfect for that. Since Elisabeth grew weary of Rose’s constant hints of how much better of a husband Wellington would be over William, she opted to stay the month with Anne as well. Also, being in the same home with Anne and Jane made it easier to plan the wedding. Because it wouldn’t be proper with William there with two unrelated and unwed young women, it was decided that he would stay with Justin to experience what it was like to have a brother.

In the living room the girls sat together amongst a table covered with all their bric-a-brac. Anne brought in tea, cookies and pastries for them. “This year we will be getting a tree so we’ll need ornaments.”

Elisabeth used fancy ribbon and tied together a six inch tall clump of material two inches from the top so the bottom flared out. “Is Justin’s family OK with him spending Christmas here?”

“Yes, they’re spending Christmas Eve together.” Using cardboard, Jane cut out shapes of bells. “He likes the idea of a quieter Christmas without all his nieces, nephews and cousins running around. At Halloween, we only saw a fraction of the family. Oh by the way, please pass along to William my thanks for such romantic proposal. I’m sure he helped Justin.” Jane fondly remembered that night.

In a candle lit back room of the Halloween hall, a slice of Barnbrack Cake sat on a small round table. Justin took a seat and motioned for her to sit in the other. Being around Elisabeth, Jane learned that there was no shame in enjoying the affections of your suitor so she hopped on his lap for good snogging. Between kisses, he managed to say the words.

**“Serenading you with words
as my love flows,
How do you posses me so
with one word my smile glows”

**By: Jeff Weiner

“Check…the….cake,” he said as she nibbled his earlobes.

Jane stopped snogging and looked him directly in his dark eyes. “I don’t want cake. I want to enjoy our few minutes alone.”

“For me, a Stóirín,” he said sweetly with a light caress to the back of her knee. *(Pronounced ah store-een = My little darling)*

She pouted a moment. “You know I can’t resist you when you speak Gaelic.” She looked at the cake and saw the marquis diamond ring.

“Pósfaidh tú mé?” *Will you marry me?*
“Yes, I’ll marry you. I love you so much.”


Elisabeth knew the whole story from Jane and had always suspected that William wrote the poem and helped with the planning. Not to ruin Justin’s moment of glory, she never said anything but kept her suspicions to herself. “I’ll pass it on. It’s only fair since Justin taught William to fight and all.”

Jane started painting the cardboard bells silver creating dresdens for the tree. “By the way, Lord Wellington and Cecily will be at the Darlington’s Christmas Ball next weekend. The guys have a pact to watch out for each other’s girls. I say we make a similar pact and we watch out for each other’s fiancés because of Cecily.”

“Deal,” Elisabeth agreed.

Jane began sewing ribbons together. “So you’re going to Malaga, Spain for your honeymoon?”

“We’re staying at a beach bungalow for six weeks.” Elisabeth sewed some felt eyes onto her angel. “Anne arranged it for us as a wedding present. Her friends own the place.”

Jane looped string through the bells so they could be hung from the trees. “Are there a lot of historic sites?”

“There are some a good carriage ride away.” Anne tied fancy ribbons around some candy canes. *There’s not much to do there but they’ll entertain themselves and I will hopefully have a grandchild soon enough.* While Anne didn’t plan to interfere in their lives, getting a grandchild was the one thing she planned to help along anyway she could. “By the way Elisabeth, Ezra will be joining us for dinner tomorrow night and to pick up the dress.” Anne excused herself while she tended to some dough ornaments that she baked.

Jane carefully looked around to ensure that no one was around to unsure utmost discretion. “I’m nervous about my wedding night. No one talks to me about this sort of thing except to say just lie there and bare it but I love kissing and all.” She paled. “I mean I love Justin but he does come from a rough background. Do you think it will be as bad as they say?”

Elisabeth saw the sheer terror in her friend’s eyes. Earlier Jane had confided in her that she had to throw a tantrum to get her parents to approve of her marriage to Justin once they found out about his background. She couldn’t believe the backwards thinking.

Jane continued. “Sometimes husbands go to the red light district so their wives don’t have to endure certain things. After you’re married, would you be honest and ….never mind.”

*Jane has been brought up in a strict society household. What do they tell these girls?* “When two people are married and in love, there’s nothing to be ashamed of. Justin might come from a rough background but he’d never hurt you. There’s no need for a husband to have a hooker on the side because his wife needs a break. Women can enjoy sex just as much as men.”

Jane gasped. “Have you!”

“No but I have reliable sources and I’ve gotten the talk. Look I’ll give you every detail and report to you about my wedding night.”

Jane giggled. “That would be most improper.”

“You must swear never to breathe a word to anyone.”

Jane nodded enthusiastically. “If that’s the case, maybe I’ll push my wedding up to April.”
-------------------------------------------------------------
The following evening Ezra arrived for dinner wearing his normal western gear. Without the Sweeney Todd wig, they could see that he had short hair salt and pepper hair. Elisabeth showed him the dress she made. A satin emerald green top that hung down in the back could be bustled or could hang to the ground and the top had mid-length satin sleeves with lace forming a faux long sleeve. The front looked like a mock corset. It could be worn over a cream satin simple long dress in spring or a black one for winter. Effectively, she created several looks in one dress. “Gale will love this. Thank you.”

One of the servants announced dinner and they all sat down. First they started with a chicken soup. “So Ezra, have you enjoyed your vacation?”

“Well, I have enjoyed it but it was sort of a business trip to start.” Ezra broke off some bread and dipped it in the soup.

Several eyebrows rose including Anne’s as they watched him eat but Elisabeth stifled a giggle and did so herself. “What sort of business?”

“Well, my daughter is very special and somehow a group of scholars here knew ‘bout it. Two years ago they sent one of their own to tutor her. That boy didn’t know much ‘bout Texas and rattlesnakes. Let’s just say he found out the hard way.” The chicken and potatoes were served and he paused to help himself. “Anyhow, they sent another and that ole boy tried to get Gale to keep her tutoring secret from me and her ma. Then the yellow belly tried to keep me an’ my posse from helpin’ her out with some of the vermin. I didn’t take to well to that advice and sent him packin’. They got a might ornery ‘bout that.”

The tale fascinated Elisabeth. “How angry were they?”

“Well, the yellow belly did have a bit of buckshot in his….”

“Peas,” Anne offered.

“So your daughter confides in you about ….stuff and you help her,” Elisabeth stated.

“Of course, matter fact that’s why I visited. Trying to make peace with the tutors,” Ezra stated.

“Did everything go alright?”

“Not so much,” he replied. “They informed me that they didn’t want her to be a teacher which she has her heart set on. Then I found out about a nasty little test they planned to give my daughter when she turned eighteen. Me an’ my two friends convinced them not to and never to step foot in Texas.”

Elisabeth passed him the sweet cream butter and more rolls. “Who are your two friends?”

“Smith & Wesson,” he replied.

While everyone else at the table found Ezra entertaining and eccentric, she found him highly informative.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The evening of the Darlington Christmas Ball, Elisabeth regally entered the grand ballroom wearing a scarlet long-sleeved princess cut velvet gown that clung to her figure. William proudly stood next to her in a long tale tux and vest that matched her dress. Next to them, Jane practically glowed wearing a deep green velvet dress in the exact style as Elisabeth with Justin wearing a vest to match. The music started and they danced amongst their elegantly dressed peers in the candlelit grand ballroom. Sprigs of strategically placed mistletoe provided ample opportunity to sneak kisses.

After several dances, both couples socialized. During that time, Jane noticed that Cecily started moseying towards William with Elisabeth nowhere near. Immediately, Jane bumped into him and cleared her throat loudly. As her pushed back his spectacles, he looked down at her. “Do you wish to…?”

“Yes, come on,” Jane replied grabbing his arm and practically dragged him to the dance floor.

On the other side of the ballroom, Elisabeth chatted with Madam Leveau and some of her friends about fashion when Justin noticed Wellington heading her way. Since it would be rude to ignore him, she let him speak to her away from the other ladies but well in the public eye. Once Justin saw where they headed, he intercepted and stood beneath the mistletoe just as they arrived. Elisabeth rolled her eyes. “Justin look up,” she stated.

“Oh my,” he said.

“We have to avoid bad luck.” She kissed his cheek. “Lord Wellington, you wished to speak to me.”

He glared at Justin. “Only to apologize for my prior behavior. If you ever need anything, I am at your disposal.”

“I accept your apology. If you’ll excuse me, Justin promised me this dance.”

Justin flashed a Cheshire grin. “Sorry about that old chap but I’m ever so popular,” he stated in a high British accent before he whisked her away on the dance floor.

“Thanks,” she said. Then she nodded towards Jane. “Jane is absolutely glowing. What’s going on with you two?”

“Nothing,” he said.

“Don’t nothing me,” she stated. “What did you two do?”

Justin’s dark eyes darted around the room. “It has to do with a strawberry pebble.”

*Oh My God! The strawberry pebble!* Elisabeth blushed then she glared at him. “She wants to wait for marriage.”

“We are waiting for the important things but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun, Sister Elisabeth of the Immaculate Engagement.”

As Justin chuckled softly, Elisabeth gasped and kept quiet. *He figured out what William and I do!*

Moments later, they danced near to William and Jane. Both men twirled the girls and then switched partners.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
At one of the tables adorned with a red table cloth and a silver candle encased in a wreath of holly, a slightly older man and a young woman scowled ignoring the beauty and festive feelings surrounding them. Cecily’s blue eyes gazed at the couples dancing, specifically William and Elisabeth. “So you couldn’t get her alone could you?”

“No but I did get her exactly where I want her,” Lord Wellington coolly replied.

“Are you going to get them to call off the wedding?”

“No because once they are married she’ll come to realize something about him that the aristocracy already knows,” drawled Wellington.

“What’s that?”

“How insignificant William really is. Once she realizes that and is bored with him, I will become her lover, all of the benefits with none of the commitment.” He swigged some Champaign. “You can have everything you want as well.”

Cecily sipped some mulled wine. “How do you mean?”

“You want William’s attentions but he is untitled and therefore unsuitable for a husband.”

Cecily gazed at the once shy intellectual who now exuded a confidence she found attractive. “At one time, I wouldn’t have even wanted his attentions. I think I know what you’re suggesting and it just wouldn’t do.”

“You need a marriage with wealth and title and I have just the answer.” He pointed to a feeble elderly man. “You should marry Lord Hallsworth.”

“That decrepit old man,” she stated.

“That rich widowed old lord who has no living relatives and whose doctor says has only a few months to live. A young woman married to such a man could easily be a mistress to a lonely but devoted newlywed whose beautiful wife is preoccupied with her lover.”

“What if they don’t bore of one another or even if they do what if they refuse to cheat on one another?”

“As long as it looks like they are,” he replied. “I merely need to step it up and make them think the other is cheating with a few carefully written notes.” He held up a shopping list that Elisabeth made and a short note from William. “We just need to practice our forgery skills.”

“Oh cousin, why didn’t we ever team up before?”
End Notes:
Please R&R. Thank you for all your support.
A Victorian Christmas by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
This chapter is steeped with Victorian Christmas traditions and hints at wedding traditions and beliefs as the wedding will be as well in the next chapter.
Late in the morning, William stretched out on the couch and smiled when he thought about his past weekend. On Saturday, he attended a festive holiday party his gorgeous fiancée followed by a Sunday doing naughty things with her in the park after church. Before he put his feet on the floor, he scanned the area for tacks or the tell-tale newspaper which could have a bowl of oatmeal, hot water, ice water or anything else uncomfortable sitting on top of it waiting for him to put his feet down. Then he walked into the bathroom carefully checking the tub before he bathed. After his bath, he stood before the mirror contemplating his lack of a beard and mustache. Elisabeth liked him clean shaven. Little did she realize that he couldn’t grow a beard or mustache to save his life. He could go another day without shaving.

However, Justin needed to shave so William dumped glue into his shaving cup and rubbed the bristles of his shaving brush in it. Over the past few weeks William realized that brotherhood entailed endless practical jokes followed by torture. Pa and Ma Sweeney had six children: Galen, Cayden, Megan, Trevor, Sorcha and lastly Keegan. Keegan, meaning little fierce one, had been aptly named since he was the runt of the bunch both in age and size relative to the other males. Though his brothers picked on him mercilessly, they taught him to fight. During his schooling, Keegan chose to be known by his middle name to fit into society better.

With Christmas a week away and his wedding two weeks away, the women occupying the Pratt household frantically readied for both. Both he and Justin were told to “stay out of the way or they would only get underfoot.” Justin made plans for them tonight but today was the day that William would pick up Elisabeth’s present. As William ate his breakfast, he heard Justin roll out of bead. Just as he finished the last of his boiled egg, William deduced that Justin discovered his prank.

“Cac!” *Shit!*

“Ultionis est dulcis!” *Revenge is sweet!* William grabbed his wallet and coat.

“Go hIfreann leat William! *To hell with you William!*

“Latin est lingua of scholasticus dum Gaelic est lingua of hooligans.” * Latin is the language of scholars while Gaelic is the language of hooligans.* With that, William left to shop for Christmas presents.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very late that afternoon, William and Justin left for the docks. Near the docks, they stopped at a pub. The worn wooden sign on the outside read “Harps.” All of Justin’s brothers greeted them the moment they went in. “It’s Runt and William.” Each of the brothers was born between two and three years apart with Justin born last and five years after his sister Sorcha. As his mother’s last hoorah, he was indeed the smallest of the strapping band of brothers though they all looked alike.

Cayden lumbered over and placed a hand on each of their shoulders and guided them towards a table. “Get in here. Dinner is about to be served.”

“What’s on the menu?” William asked craning his neck upwards to Cayden.

“Corned beef and cabbage,” he replied. “It’s the best around, even better than Ma’s.”

William seated himself amongst the Sweeney brothers. Gaylen winked. “We have a surprise for you later, a real special one.”

A barmaid started bringing plates of food for them as well as bread and butter. “What sort of surprise?”

“A rather busty one who is more than willing,” Trevor replied.

“Thanks but no thanks,” William answered. “I love Elisabeth and I’m about to be married.”

“We know. This your stag party.” Trevor handed him a hard apple cider.

“I appreciate it but I promised to be faithful to Elisabeth.” William savored a bite of the peppery corned beef that had a hint of mustard and honey flavorings.

“Told you so,” Justin said to his brothers. “I’m sure he’ll be up for the rest of the entertainment.”

“So Elisabeth gave you the boot for the month,” Trevor commented. “It’s for the best.”

“I don’t think so. I haven’t seen her hardly at all.”

“Right before the wedding the bride’s catch wedding fever. They go crazy.”


After dinner, the drinking began and more patrons strolled in. Some took exception to Justin and William, recognizing them as more gentry than dockworker material. Immediately, Justin’s brothers closed in and the others backed away. “Dock eleven in an hour,” Justin stated.

“But you picked on Justin when he was a child,” William stated.

Trevor and Cayden grabbed William and Justin in a headlock and tousled their hair. “No one but us picks on our runts.”
------------------------------------------------------------
Later that night in a warehouse at Dock eleven, the Sweeney brothers and several patrons from Harps gathered around a makeshift boxing ring. “Do you want to do this William?”

“I certainly don’t want to fight you or your brothers. I think I can handle him though.” He pointed to one of the grunts that harassed him a little at Harp’s Bar. The man had at least forty pounds on him.

“Remember to hit him where it counts, pull from your passion and don’t let him land any punches,” advised Justin.

When William entered the ring, he pictured his opponent as Lord Wellington. Immediately, the man lunged at him but his movements were slow so William dodged. With that open opportunity, William came in close and punched him several times like lightening before he ducked away. Several times they danced the familiar dance until his opponent went down for the count. A few more fights occurred between various opponents as well as some betting that he jovially participated in. William went home that night feeling exuberant, a little richer, slightly bruised and looking forward to Christmas.
------------------------------------------------------
On Christmas Day, Elisabeth spotted William’s carriage when it was nearly two blocks away due to the sparseness of the now barren snow covered trees. Quickly, she finished combing her hair and bolted down the stairs just as he entered the house. As soon as she reached the bottom of the stairs, she leapt into his arms. William’s tongue danced in her mouth for a long passionate kiss.

When Anne cleared her throat, William pulled away. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too. I’ve so busy with the wedding. I mean I never thought this would happen.” Then she remembered their wedding preparations they had been doing. “Mum is the dress hidden?”

“Yes dear, it’s in the spare room.”

“I want you to be surprised on our wedding day.”

William put his arm around her and absently stroked the maroon velvet of her dress. “I know I’ll love your dress.” Then he glanced towards his mother who waited in the next room. “Mum, I can see you two are getting along.”

“Your mother insisted I call her mum. She’s been teaching me all about wedding traditions. It’s a bit overwhelming. Did you know that there’s sometimes gambling at bachelor parties to help the groom win money for his marriage?”

“That makes sense,” William stated as he thought back to his winnings during his bachelor party.

“You didn’t see any nuns or monks the day you proposed did you?”

“No, I didn’t and I hadn’t seen any in a long time. Why?” He noted how anxious his fiancée seemed.

“I’m not really sure but your mother wanted to know. It was very important that you didn’t see any because they were a bad omen of some sort.” Elisabeth bustled about lighting some candles. “Did you see any pigeons that day before you proposed?”

“Actually, I fed a few that day like I always do.”

“That will bring good luck.” Elisabeth rushed about making sure everything was in its place. “Marry when the year is new, he'll be loving, kind and true. Your mother taught me that. Since we’re getting married on the first of January. That will be especially true. Oh and did you know that it’s very good that our surnames start with different letters?”

As he watched his slightly crazy bride-to-be, William shook his head in denial and awe. *She’s caught bridal fever, just like Trevor said she would.* She moved about a twice her normal speed.

“It’s bad luck if they don’t. To change the name and not the letter is to change for the worst and not the better. Don’t worry I haven’t said or written my name as it will be once we’re married. That’s bad luck. Oh, how did your fitting go?”

“Fitting,” he said.

“Oh my God! Your suit isn’t finished!”

“My tailor finished my suit two weeks ago. I tried it on and it’s fine.” William poured a glass of port wine. “You should drink this to calm your nerves.” When the dinner bell rang and Elisabeth had already drank her glass of wine, William breathed a sigh of relief. Elisabeth’s wedding fever was about to drive him mad.
----------------------------------------------------------
William sat at the head of the table and Elisabeth sat to his right. During dinner of turkey with sage and onion dressing, everyone chatted about the upcoming nuptials and various festivities. Elisabeth noticed William looking at the turkey curiously. “From now on we’ll be having turkey instead of goose. Goose sounds yucky.” She then sipped her last bit of shrub before pouring a second glass.

“Very well, you’ll be the lady of the house and those are your decisions.”

However, she allowed the oyster rolls to be served. As the sweet orange and brandy taste of shrub tantalized William’s taste buds, he felt a warm foot dance around his ankles beneath his trousers but he ate as if nothing happened. Next to him, Elisabeth smiled slyly and enjoyed her second glass of shrub. When he felt her foot rubbing his crotch, William nearly choked on his stuffing. “You’re quite nimble.”

“Once we’re married, I’ll show you just how flexible I am.” She sipped more shrub. “This is so yummy.” She placed another roll in his plate. “These make you horny.” She rubbed more making William stiff as a board. “I told you so.”

William always knew to wear loose trousers when he was with Elisabeth. Tonight he would finish the job she started. “It’s not the oysters.”

“I can’t believe we’ll be married in a week, finally.”

“I’ll finally be able to finish everything you start,” he remarked.

“I have no idea what you mean,” she said shyly.

William reached down and tickled the foot that rested in his crotch which made her giggle softly like the rest of their whispered conversation. “You give another performance like this one and I’ll shag you on right on top of the dinner table next time.”

“That wouldn’t be proper behavior for an Englishman.”

“My naughty little American vixen drives me to it.”

After the royal mince pies, they adjourned to the living room to open presents. The tree sparkled with color foil wrapped candies, popcorn garland, cranberry garland, candy canes and gingerbread men. Everyone chipped in and gave Anne a hand carved marble chess set because of her love of parlor games. For her part, she gave both girls scrap books. To her son, she gave a pocket watch and to Justin a silver book clip. William and Justin exchanged liquor with Justin getting Russian vodka and William getting German wine. Elisabeth gave Jane a lace shawl and she gave her a crystal bobech. Elisabeth gave Justin an Irish clover wood plaque with a Gaelic prayer on it and in turn he gave her a book about sewing.

Three parcels from the states sat beneath the tree. Anne handed one to William, one to Justin and she kept one for herself. “Ezra sent these for the happy couples to enjoy.”

William opened the box to find a long black caped frock coat just like he wore at Halloween. “Will, your little filly loved the coat so I had one made for you both to enjoy. Ezra.”

Justin held up a long black frock coat like he had worn on Halloween. While their fillies fondled the frock coats, William and Justin silently exchanged a knowing nod. Anne politely excused herself and tended to kitchen matters. Justin took Jane’s hand and they took their presents into the parlor for a private gift exchange.

Elisabeth and William kneeled before the Christmas tree and handed each other their gifts. Elisabeth opened hers to find a sterling silver hair comb with little emerald peonies across the top. “It’s beautiful.”

William opened his heavy present to reveal a monogrammed gold leaf leather bound journal with an embossed butterfly in the corner. “I love it.”

“Merry Christmas William,” she said.

“Happy Christmas Elisabeth,” he said.

William then pulled her close for a wicked snogging session.
End Notes:
VOTE! Not only do I love to hear from everyone about the chapters but I would like to know which name you readers prefer: Justin or Keegan. Thanks.
A Victorian Wedding by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
Filled with pomp and circumstance.
On New Year’s Day, William awoke at eleven thirty to rather loud knocking. “Are you decent William? Is my son up yet?”

William grabbed his dressing robe. “Come in Mrs. Sweeney,” he called.

Justin stumbled out of his room in his dressing robe with rumpled black hair and stubble. “I was up Ma. I was letting William sleep.”

The tall matronly woman pointed her finger at her son after she put down her bags. “Don’t lie to me. You both were drinking last night.”

“We didn’t drink much and we’re not hung over.”

“Good. I’ve brought you both some sandwiches.” She removed a gift box from her bag. “Now William, I need to give you some advice about tonight.”

“What? Why you?”

“Justin didn’t tell you.” She saw that William looked confused. “I’m a mid-wife. Because Justin was so much younger than his brothers, I used to drag him and his sisters with me on deliveries. His sisters are mid-wives themselves now. Justin may not know about all female issues but he can deliver a baby blindfolded.” Immediately, Justin flushed and ran to his room. “I know all about all kinds of feminine issues. That’s what I’ve come to talk to you about. I’ve had this chat with all my children on their wedding day.”

“I’m not sure this conversation is appropriate.” William quickly took a few bites of his sandwich.

“A bride’s wedding night is just as memorable as her wedding day. It can be a pleasant or painful memory depending on you. Which do you choose?”

Putting his embarrassment aside, he made his choice. “Pleasant,” he answered.

“First, get her tipsy. This will help her to relax.”

“Elisabeth is very ….excited about it. I’m not sure that really applies.” William opened the present to find lavender oil.

“Even if she’s excited, her body will be tense which is very bad. Her body needs to be relaxed. As for the oil, you use it the same way most men do by themselves.”

William blushed. “Shouldn’t you be talking to Justin about these things?”

“Not until the night before his wedding,” she answered. “Jane is a nice girl and I don’t want to encourage scandalous behavior. Now finish your sandwich and I’ll make sure Justin hasn’t gone back to bed.”

William took the last bite of his sandwich when he heard Justin panic. “Ma!”

“Relax; I’ve seen it all before. I’m just glad you’re nearly ready.”

William finished his sandwich and bathed. Afterwards, he donned his dark grey morning coat, a periwinkle vest that the Leveaus made, dark gray trousers, a cream color cravat that matched his shirt and lavender gloves stitched in black. He looked smart in his morning coat, the trend nowadays having replaced the frock coat. Elisabeth loved him in a frock coat and he thought he looked rather dashing in it. Bucking the trend, he grabbed the double caped frock coat that Ezra had given him and replaced his morning coat. Then he grabbed the other frock coat from the closet that belonged to Justin and headed to the kitchen.

“Justin change of plans. You’ll be wearing this.”

Justin poured a drink into a flask in the kitchen. “Sod off gentry traditions,” he remarked.

“What’s that you’re pouring?”

“Mint julep for fresh breath and to calm your nerves,” he replied. “I’ve got your back. I’ve got the rings, arranged the carriage and held this for you for today.”

William studied the linen handkerchief monogrammed with his initials using golden hair. “This is Elisabeth’s hair.”

“So you will always think of her,” he stated. “I also have three pounds for the minister.” The odd number would bring luck as well. “These will also bring you luck.” Justin pinned a right side up horseshoe charm on one side and a clover on his other lapel. “Also there’s a bottle of honey wine waiting for you and Elisabeth in your home.”

“Honey wine,” William said incredulously.

“In the olden days, a man would capture a woman a feed her honey wine to keep her from running off. Hence the phrase honeymoon. You should be very glad I didn’t arrange for a hen to lay eggs in your bed.”

“What!”

“It’s an Irish tradition to ensure fertility. By the way, once I make the toast you need to finish your Champaign before Elisabeth does or she’ll have you whipped.” Then he put a pence in William’s pocket. “You’ll know when to use this.”
-------------------------------------------------
At two thirty in the afternoon, William awaited his bride at St. Paul’s, the church he attended since childhood. An artist sat quietly in a corner preparing to do a portrait of the couple at William’s behest. Nervously, William looked over the grand arches and wooden pues filled with people now illuminated in a multitude of colors as the sunlight filtered through the stained glass windows. The scent of orange blossoms which represented chastity, purity and fertility and roses representing love permeated the air. Suddenly, the high arched ceiling felt as if it was closing in on him. “She’s late.”

“She’s a woman and they’re always late,” Justin replied. “Here take a swig of this. It’ll calm your nerves.”

“I can’t drink that in a church. I’ll go to hell.”

Justin grabbed his arm and dragged him to the corner. “Go to confession when you get back from your honeymoon,” he said as he handed William the flask. After two swigs, he snatched it back and they returned to the altar.

Suddenly, the church bells rang through the air scaring away evil spirits and announcing the bride’s arrival.
---------------------------------------------------------------

On New Year’s Day, Elisabeth woke up late in the morning. Last night, the ladies of the house enjoyed a subdued celebration without the men, especially the groom, to avoid bad luck. Since she awoke first, she decided to see where she would be spending the rest of her life. Climbing upstairs, she snuck into William’s attic bedroom. Immediately, she saw why he chose it. The spacious brown and beige vaulted room had a huge bed, a mirrored triple dresser, several wardrobes some of which were empty in anticipation of her clothing and a few sofa chairs in areas where the ceiling height was low. Through a doorway on her right, she found the master bath with a longer and wider than normal porcelain bear foot bathtub. It appeared to have been constructed that way in order to fit into a rectangular annex in the room half the length of the tub. Then she walked over to the bed. Unable to resist, she pulled back the covers and found a long folded linen a third of the way down from the headboard. Giggling a little she climbed in. Quickly, she kissed William’s pillow and climbed out.

A few years prior, weddings were required to take place in the morning. Recently, the church decreed that they could take place until three in the afternoon. Elisabeth decided to have the wedding at two-thirty with a reception to follow afterwards. Though she wasn’t hungry, Anne insisted she eat some eggs and toast. After that Elisabeth luxuriated in a gardenia scented bath.

“Something old, something new,
Something borrowed, something blue,
And a silver sixpence in your shoe.”

Elisabeth recited the rhyme as she dressed. First, she put on some lacey undergarments. Instead of long bloomers, she shortened them to just cover her thighs and added lace. Baby blue crocheted thigh high stockings composed the blue portion of her wardrobe to ensure fidelity, good luck and to keep the witches away. She topped them with a lacey white garter. On behalf of Jane, silver earrings that had the shape of an upside down lacey fan comprised the something borrowed portion of her wardrobe. From Anne, a strand of periwinkle pearls handed down from several generations represented the something old. Beneath her dress, Elisabeth tied a small satchel containing small piece of bread, some cloth, a piece of wood, and a single pound to ensure they would always have food, clothes, shelter, and money for their future.

Anne rushed in to sew the one last stitch remaining on Elisabeth’s dress. Leaving one last stitch to be done avoided the evil that came from wearing a completed dress before the wedding day. The dress comprised the new portion of her trousseau. Though Elisabeth designed it, the Leveaus made it for her. The A-line off the shoulder princess cut satin cream fitted bodice snugly covered her hips before it flared out in a dozen layers of sheer material that hung diagonally following the line of the snug bodice. A few periwinkle flowers adorned the layers but not in an overly busy fashion. She wore her hair down letting her golden tresses fall down her back. Her veil had a tiny faux pearl braided band across her forehead and when folded back a periwinkle band of flowers across the top of her head.

Next to her Jane wore a plainer A-line satin periwinkle dress. “You’re beautiful.”

“Indeed, you are a gorgeous bride.” Anne stood next to her in a fashionable more matronly royal blue dress.

“Thank you,” she replied. As she dabbed her perfume on, she fully realized that today she would marry the man of her dreams, a man who loved and supported her, a man who embodied the stable and loving aspects a girl wanted in a husband and at the same time a bit of a wicked bad boy that made her tingle with excitement. Tears of joy formed in her eyes.

Immediately, Anne dabbed them before they fell. “Tears on your wedding day means you’ll have no reason to cry during your marriage.” Then she put a silver six pence in Elisabeth’s shoe to ensure wealth for the couple.

For the cold January afternoon, Elisabeth donned a royal blue velvet cape. With one last look in the hallway mirror for luck, she joined Heath and Rose who waited there. Another look would bring bad luck so she looked no more and the entire wedding party moseyed towards the chapel a couple blocks away. Various flower blossoms covered their path to ensure happiness and fertility for the couple. Crisp crystal clear skies provided another good omen for the upcoming nuptials.

When Mr. Dobson, the rather elderly chimney sweep that the Pratt family retained for years, greeted the party Anne smiled while Rose scowled at the most fortuitous omen anyone could wish for on their wedding day. Mr. Dobson kissed Elisabeth’s cheek and wished her happiness in her marriage.

-------------------------------------------------------
As Elisabeth entered the church, the church bells chimed. In a small vestibule, she removed her cape, inhaled deeply and took Heath’s left arm. The pianist played the bridal hymn and they marched down the aisle. Strolling down the aisle, she only saw her William who disregarded the fashion trend and wore the coat she found quite debonair. Then Heath lifted her veil and placed her hand in the warm loving hand of the man of her dreams.

William gazed into the emerald eyes of his beloved, a stunning vision in white who became his heart’s desire the moment he first saw her and became his truest friend beneath a tree in Battersea Park.

Both of them barely heard the prayer the vicar recited until he began the meat of the ceremony. “William and Elisabeth, I now invite you to make your vows in the presence of God and his people.”

“I, William Pratt take you, Elisabeth Sommersby, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part; according to God's holy law. In the presence of God I make this vow.”

“I, Elisabeth Sommersby take you, William Pratt, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part; according to God's holy law. In the presence of God I make this vow.”

They parted hands awaiting the rings. Justin purposefully dropped the rings to dispel any evil in them before he gave them to the vicar to be blessed. “Heavenly Father, by your blessing let these rings be to William and Elisabeth
a symbol of unending love and faithfulness, to remind them of the vow and covenant which they have made this day
through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Everyone in the chapel said, “Amen.”

William placed the gold helix banded ring with a row of tiny diamonds and emeralds, unique like his bride, on the fourth finger of Elisabeth's left hand. “Elisabeth, I give you this ring as a sign of our marriage. With my body I honor you, all that I am I give to you, and all that I have I share with you, within the love of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.”

Elisabeth placed the ring she chose for William, a thick gold band with an etched painted blue butterfly on it, on his left hand. “William, I give you this ring as a sign of our marriage. With my body I honor you, all that I am I give to you, and all that I have I share with you, within the love of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.”

The vicar then addressed the guests. “In the presence of God, and before this congregation, William and Elisabeth have given their consent and made their marriage vows to each other. They have declared their marriage by the joining of hands and by the giving and receiving of rings. I therefore proclaim that they are husband and wife.”

The minister joined their right hands together. “Those whom God has joined together let no one put asunder.” William and Elisabeth kneeled before he recited a marriage prayer and blessing. Then they rose before the minister. “You may now kiss the bride.”

William slipped his arm around Elisabeth’s waist and pulled her against him. With his other hand he tilted her chin up. At first he gently brushed his lips against hers but then the kissed deepened. Several moments passed as they kissed, much to the discomfort of some of their more proper guests. Afterwards, they strolled arm and arm down the aisle. Before they exited, they signed their marriage certificate followed by their guests signing the guest registry as witnesses to their joining. Outside the church, Justin’s father and his three brothers held Irish broadswords to form an arch for the couple to walk through to ensure a safe passage through life.

As they strolled to their reception to be held at one of Anne’s friend’s home, Elisabeth reeled from the entire ceremony especially the end. “I can’t believe how improper you were with that kiss but I’m glad.”

“Some cultures believe that during the ceremonial kiss we transferred part of our souls to each other for eternity. A part of me will always belong to you.”

Elisabeth pulled him into a passionate kiss. “Part of me belongs to you. I love you so much William.”

A young boy holding several pink roses approached William. “Would you like some roses for your lady? Only a pence.”

William handed the boy the pence that Justin gave him before the ceremony and then presented them to his bride. Heath chuckled nearby. “Now she’ll know who wears the pants in the family. The one who makes the first purchase after the ceremony is the boss.”

“We’re partners,” William stated.

“Of course,” Heath replied. “These I give to you.” He handed William an open box with a pair of Elisabeth’s shoes. “She’s in your care now.”

“I gladly accept that responsibility.” After William accepted the shoes, Justin ensured their delivery to the couple’s home.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
At Mr. and Mrs. Forsyte’s, Anne’s friends’ home, the older couple greeted the newlyweds and welcomed them in. William and Elisabeth stood side by side in the parlor greeting the guests who eagerly wanted to shake the blessed couples’ hands for good fortune in the coming year.

After the last guest arrived, they gathered around a huge dinner table. Everyone held up their glasses of Champaign awaiting Justin’s toast. The bride and groom’s glasses had a piece of toast at the bottom of the glass. “May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon the fields. And, may God hold you both in the palm of his hand.”**

**Irish blessing.**

Everyone took a sip of Champaign. “Drink up so you’ll go to heaven,” Justin ordered. “When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to Heaven. So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven.”**

Everyone drank their Champaign and William easily finished before Elisabeth. Justin smiled knowing that his advice would help William rule the family. William needed all the help he could get since he was completely smitten with Elisabeth.

Then they all sat down for a meal of roast pork, roast beef, potatoes, carrots, peas and corn. All were served with a fruity wine and Darjeeling tea. For desert, they ate petit fours and short bread cookies. Then they served the wedding cake, a white frosted cake filled with fruit and ribbons that had charms attached, a horseshoe for luck and a penny for wealth. A less fancy cake for the bride and one for the groom were also served. Everyone ate a little of each for luck.

Once they finished their meal, everyone adjourned to the living room where Elisabeth handed a sprig of myrtle from her bouquet to each of the single ladies.

Afterwards, the bachelors gathered around for the garter toss. “Your brothers are married,” William whispered.

“They want to peek at Elisabeth’s legs. Somehow they convinced their wives to let them participate,” Justin replied.

Elisabeth sat down in front of the group and William kneeled before her. Hesitantly, he lifted her dress a little, then a little more. “You’ll have to go a little higher William.” And he did. “Higher William,” she purred.

Justin’s brothers watched with great interest. “No wonder he’s so whipped,” one commented anonymously.

Once William’s cheeks turned crimson, he reached her garter and slowly slid it down amongst some whistles. The passel of men gathered behind William as he tossed it behind his back. Just as he did, all of them ducked letting it hit Justin in the face much to his surprise. However, he simply stared at it as it hit the ground. Then Jane ran over, picked it up and put it on like a head band on him.

The couple mingled for a little bit before they left for their carriage. Amongst the cheers, everyone threw candy to wish the couple a sweet life. Within moments, they arrived home. After William helped Elisabeth out of the carriage, he swept her off her feet and carried her over the threshold to avoid a bad luck trip. A chilled bottle of honey wine awaited them in the parlor. He placed Elisabeth on the loveseat and started to pour.

“Aren’t you going to take me upstairs and ravage me?”

“Of course,” he replied. “The honey wine will give us more energy and its tradition.”

Elisabeth sipped some and giggled. “This is really good.” Once she downed the glass, she threw her arms around William. Moments after they excellent kissage started, a cacophony of noise erupted outside and didn’t stop. “What’s that?”

“Shivare,” William stated angrily.

“Is it for luck?”

“No just annoying. If I don’t let them in for a drink they won’t leave!” William opened the door and everyone poured in. Justin was nowhere to be seen. William handed out cups and poured some port since Elisabeth refused to let anyone touch the honey wine.

Minutes later Justin arrived with Jane, both looking disheveled. “Sorry ‘bout that. I didn’t know.” Then he poured for the other half of the room. “Everyone out and leave your glasses in the parlor.”

Finishing her second glass of honey wine, Elisabeth molded herself to her husband. “William,” she purred.

Justin winked at William. “Go conquer. I’ve got this covered.” Then he herded everyone out the door.
End Notes:
How did you like the traditions? On the vote for Justin vs. Keegan, think of a much smaller person. Up next their wicked wedding night and a sultry honeymoon in Malaga, thus earning the NC-17 ratings. I appreciate all the reviews.
The Wedding Night by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
A bit of the naughty.
Finishing her second glass of honey wine, Elisabeth molded herself to her husband. “William,” she purred. After Justin herded the crowd out and instructed William to conquer, she unbuttoned his shirt. “Are you going to conquer me?”

As he hoisted her over his shoulder, William growled making her giggle. Upstairs, he dropped her gently to her feet. Before him stood a vision in white who represented everything he ever believed love could be: lust, friendship, trust, acceptance, companionship and most of all a feeling that made him believe in himself and so much more. In the here and now, lust overwhelmed him but the gentility of that love quelled the beast. Tonight was for her. Gingerly, he removed her headdress running his fingers through her silky golden hair.

Elisabeth removed his cufflinks before she stepped into her husband’s arms and unbuttoned his shirt. Beneath her fingertips, she felt his chest slightly rise and fall and the warmth of his skin. Lightly, her fingertips traced across his chest as she removed his shirt. No hair marred his sleek defined chest which made her warm more than the wine did. In a mild euphoric haze, she turned around so he could unbutton her dress. The delicate dance of his fingertips across her shoulders and feathery brushing of her own hair against her spine made her giggle as he slid her dress to the floor. Once she stepped out of it, he carefully laid it across one of the chairs. She kicked her shoes off and began to undo her garters.

“No,” he murmured. “I want to do that.”

She pushed back the covers and leaned against the pillows while he slid her periwinkle thigh highs off. For a second, she felt nervous as he removed her undergarments so she lay before him completely nude. Then he kissed her passionately just before he rose from the bed. While she watched him undress, she flushed slightly from seeing him completely nude for the first time and from all the wine she drank. While his build remained lean, all the sparring gave every muscle of his torso definition. *He’s damn sexy and he’s mine.* As he grabbed a fancy looking bottle of oil from the nightstand, she watched appreciatively.

Once he sat on the bed next to her, it dawned on her that this was the next huge step in her life. Only yesterday, she was a carefree girl with no responsibilities or concerns. After today, she would be a married woman with the responsibility of a home and to being a loving supportive wife. *Why am I scared? This is something I’ve wanted for so long.*

William saw the fear and worry that reflected in his wife’s eyes. “I love you. Everything will be fine.” A sly grin crossed his face just before he tickled the back of her knees.

Laughter escaped Elisabeth’s lips breaking the tension she had begun to feel. Beneath William’s tender kisses, her nipples hardened. While her entire body began to tingle, he gently stroked her delicate folds. Then he toyed with her strawberry pebble that he discovered a couple months before. After he stroked her for a little while, her body shuddered slightly and a low moan escaped her lips. As she laid there languid elated haze, she felt his slick fingers slip inside her. Though startled, she didn’t tense from the new sensation. Instead, she opened to him further.

“Elisabeth, how do feel?”

“Completely wonderful,” she purred. “I think I’m drunk.”

“You’re just tipsy,” he stated. She closed her eyes a moment while he trailed kisses up her abdomen and to each petal. “Elisabeth, are you ready for this?”

While the heat of his body warmed her, the light amber Oriental scent of William’s cologne soothed her. As he touched his forehead to hers, she felt his tip at her entrance. In his eyes, she saw overwhelming love and lust bridled by tenderness. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him deeply. “I want to feel my husband.”

With a quick thrust, she felt a quick sharp pain and then oneness with him. Very slowly and gently he moved inside of her. *Wow! This feels incredible and….slick!* Wrapping her legs around him, she pressed against him. Until this moment, she never opened herself completely to anyone, always feeling alone and afraid to let anyone know her dreams and her fears until William. William, her soul-mate and now husband, had until her remained alone because of his uniqueness and forward thinking in an unprepared world. Only he could understand her better than she understood herself. Soft moans of “Elisabeth” coupled with slight tremors let her know just how good she made him feel.

“Oh Ga!” he exclaimed. Suddenly, he tensed and thrust deeply.

She felt the intense heat of his orgasm. “That felt wonderful.”

“The best feeling ever,” he said between kisses. “I love you.” He rolled off of her and held her in his arms.

For a little while, she relaxed in his arms thinking about how much she loved him and what a passionate interlude they shared. Once the afterglow subsided a little, she realized how sticky she was. “I need a bath.”

“I need to wash up as well.”

When she sat up, she saw a smattering of her blood and gasped. *That was what the linen was for.* “William….um…you may not want to look.”

William helped her off the bed and discarded the bloodied linen. “It’s to be expected. Are you …hurting?”

“Only a little but I’m a bit woozy,” she replied.

“I’ll get us something to drink and draw a bath.” He put on his robe and went downstairs. Upon his return, he handed her one of the glasses of juice and drew a bath.

Once she finished her juice, Elisabeth joined him and removed her robe. “I’ve never taken a bath with anyone.”

His blush nearly equaled her own. “Neither have I but I’m glad you extended the invite.”

William settled into the tepid sudsy water and Elisabeth nestled into him. She took the washcloth and bathed her husband. “Today was the most wonderful but exhausting day of my life.”

“Most wonderful but not exhausting for me as well,” he replied. “Are you all packed for the trip? We leave first thing in the morning.”

“I’m all packed.” She scrubbed each of his toes. “How do we stay in love for years?”

“Justin said his parents always treat each other as friends no matter what. It helps them solve problems and end their fights.” He used the other washcloth to scrub her back.

“That’s how I fell in love with you, my friend in the park.”

“Same,” he replied. They finished bathing each other. “I have a present for you, actually a couple.”

“You’re spoiling me.” She climbed out of the tub, grabbed a towel and handed him one.

“I like spoiling you.” William let her ready for bed first. When he went into the bedroom, he found her beneath the covers sound asleep wearing his shirt which thought was endearing. Her presents would wait. After he put on his pajamas, he snuggled next to her and slept.
End Notes:
Please let me know what you thought of their wedding night. I tried to make it romantic and realistic but not porno. Now she did not have an earth shattering orgasm during their first tryst. This is vaguely based upon experience that it doesn’t happen until the third or fourth go just because of biological reasons. Next is the honeymoon in Malaga.
Mischief in Malaga by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
The honeymoon begins.

Waking up late, rushing out the door and careening in a carriage through the streets of London began Elisabeth’s honeymoon. Travelling by boat, train and lastly by carriage comprised her four day trip to Malaga, Spain. Bumpy and uncomfortable except for one extremely brief stay at an inn described the travel but for one thing, William. Often he would set her in his lap during the most uncomfortable parts of their carriage ride, letting her sleep it away. If it weren’t for waking up with her husband spooning her or cradling her and now being two trysts away from virginity, she would have called it a bust.



After a two hour carriage ride from Malaga and through a wooded dirt road, they arrived at a small bungalow set back from the beach. Their driver helped them with the luggage and told them that on Tuesdays and Fridays a husband and wife team would be out in the mornings to bring and prepare some food and for general upkeep. They usually stayed a few hours and were discreet. Also, the carriage that dropped the cleaning couple off would be at the honeymooners’ disposal. Since the region was experiencing an unusually warm winter, they could enjoy swimming and the beaches.



While William and Elisabeth roamed through the small wooden bungalow that resembled a log cabin inside, the coachman unloaded their bags. The modernized dwelling had a tiny living room, one bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen, a few closets and no neighbors nearby. Cozy and private, Elisabeth couldn’t have wished for more. Caressing her husband’s cheek, she noticed the dark circles underneath his eyes. For the past few days, he constantly ensured her comfort by sacrificing his own. “You need a nap. Why don’t you let me unpack?”



“Are you sure?”



“Positive,” she remarked. For a few moments, she enjoyed the sight of her semi-nude husband before he collapsed in bed and fell asleep instantly. *I am taking care of him, just like he does for me. Maybe I can be a good wife.*

----------------------------------------------------------

Once she finished unpacking, Elisabeth grabbed a pair of the bloomers that she converted from over the knee monstrosities to shorts and a boy’s shirt. In those garments, she felt free from all of the corsets and other binding clothes she had been forced to wear over the past few months. Outside, she let the sound of the rushing waves of the ocean and salty thick air guide her along the densely wooded path that led to the beach. After passing through the woods, warm sunlight illuminated a white sandy beach with azure waters surrounded by more beach and water for as far as the eye could see with no one in sight. *This is like a dream come true. If only my boyfriend…husband were here.*



Hesitantly, Elisabeth wiggled her toes in the soothing crystal clear water. A devilish smile crossed her lips. Quickly, she ran back into the shade of the palm trees leaving her clothes on a bent palm tree before darting into the water. With the sun setting early, she didn’t worry about sunburn but enjoyed a long relaxing swim in the tepid clear water. Sometime later William arrived at the beach with some towels and a blanket so she joined him.



“Elizabeth!” he yelled in astonishment. “You’re naked!”



“You like?” she asked.



“That’s not the point! You’re naked!” William stood there fully clothing trembling in shock and annoyance.



“I don’t see what the problem is.” Elisabeth noticed the growing bulge in his pants. “Obviously, you like what you see.”



“Of course, I like what I see. You’re gorgeous but you’re MY WIFE! Only I’M allowed to see you like this. Someone might happen along and ogle you. I forbid you to prancing around in public NAKED!”



Her husband forbidding anything would normally piss Elisabeth off. However, his light brown curls bouncing against the throbbing vein in his forehead, flushed cheeks and entirely animated anger, she found hilarious. “Well, I’m not getting dressed to go swimming when no one is around.” Giggling, she leaned over the nearly horizontal palm tree where she hung her clothes. “Are you going to spank me or join me?”

The clinking from a belt unbuckling, swoosh of trousers dropping, a strong sinewy arm wrapping around her waist, sensuous lips kissing her shoulders and a whispered “naughty butterfly” against her neck let Elisabeth knew she wasn’t going to be punished, just ravaged.

----------------------------------------

A week later they decided to tour Malaga. Through marble archways, William and Elisabeth moseyed into the courtyard filled with tall orange trees. “I’m sorry I’ve been cranky for the past few days.”



“To be expected, women,” he muttered derisively. She batted her eyelashes to which William rolled his eyes. “Stop trying to wrap me around your finger.”



“You already are.” She clasped his hand and pointed to his wedding band. “Now, let’s go to the market and shop, please.”



“For more chocolate,” he stated.



“Shoes, dresses and trinkets,” she replied. “I don’t think I need chocolate anymore.”



Through the tiny winding cobblestone streets and with a zombified look in his eyes, William ambled behind Elisabeth covered in packages. While Elisabeth tried on a couple of dresses, William waited in a café next to the dress shop. When she finished, she found her husband talking to a Spaniard his age with sharp features and a mustache. William passed him a note before they left.



“Who was that?”



“It’s a surprise. We need to be here early in the morning.”

-----------------------------------------------------

The next morning Elisabeth snuggled against William as they strolled to the café. The gentleman that William had been speaking to the day before awaited them. “Elisabeth, this is Ballesio Francesco.”



“Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Pratt,” he greeted in a thick Spanish accent. He kissed Elisabeth’s hand. “Your husband is a lucky man.”



“Thank you,” she replied. Mrs. William Pratt sounded strange to her ears still but wonderful.



“This way to my studio,” he stated as he led them up a set of stairs in the back of the café. The door opened into a mid-size studio filled with paints and canvases and a small living area in the back.



“I hired Senor Francesco to paint a portrait of you.”



A portrait of her was the sweetest thing ever but Elisabeth thought something was missing. “William, I want it to be of us.”



“Anything you wish,” he replied.



“Make yourselves comfortable on the chaise.” Ballesio busied himself setting up the canvas and his paints. “You are newlyweds passionately in love but you are sitting there too properly. No suits and ties.”



Elisabeth couldn’t have agreed more so she removed William’s tie and vest along with undoing a few shirt buttons. In turn, he helped her out of her jacket. “Elisabeth lay down. William lean in and kiss her.” In the moments following couple’s loving kiss, Elisabeth looked at her prince charming and William looked at the girl of his dreams. Both glowed with young love and what Ballesio suspected to be post coital bliss from earlier that morning. That was the moment he captured on canvas.



Later that afternoon, he finished painting. “It will take a few days for this to completely dry. Once it does, I’ll send it to your bungalow.”

“It’s fantastic. Thank you so much,” Elisabeth stated before she practically dragged her husband back to their carriage so they could hurry back to the bungalow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As the days passed so did all the hang-ups that William had about nudity on the beach and any shyness Elisabeth had about sex. In their beach bungalow a few days after they returned, William scrambled a few eggs in butter while toasting some bread. Nearby, Elisabeth sliced some cheese. “I can help if you want.”



“No, I don’t like my eggs crispy and my toast black. Besides, it would be rude to our hosts to burn down their bungalow.”



Elisabeth closed her husband’s shirt to deprive him of the view he enjoyed so much. “Pointing out all my wifely failures,” she muttered. If it weren’t for him running around in just his trousers giving her an excellent view of a recently tanned lean but strapping torso, she would be angry.



“You might be a kitchen disaster but you’re extraordinary in your other wifely duties.” William sat two plates at the table while Elisabeth poured them some lemonade.



After the simple but delicious meal, Elisabeth washed dishes since it was her turn while William propped himself against a bunch of pillows on the bed and wrote poetry in his journal like he did every night. Once she finished, she found a large parchment envelope with a lavender ribbon around it. “What’s this?”



“This is my wedding present to you. You’ve kept me so distracted that I forgot I brought it.”



Inside the envelope she found a savings account for the Bank of London in her name with five hundred pounds in it. Before she married, Heath and Rose explained to her that all her property became her husband’s upon their marriage. Though she had little property aside from her wardrobe, she did have two hundred and sixty-three pounds in her account. “I didn’t have this much and it became yours.”



“Yes, your account became mine but I disagree with that law. So I opened an account in your name to do with as you please,” he called from the bedroom. “I added to it and will continue to add ten pounds a month to it.”



Another fancy parchment fell out of the envelope. Elisabeth studied it for a moment. “This is a property deed.”



“That’s for a little shop in Knightsbridge. For now, it’s being rented out to a curio shop. Justin’s managing the legalities.”



“Are you giving this to me?”



“Yes,” he replied. “You expressed an interest in owning your own fashion boutique one day. When you’re ready, this shop space will be yours. The money in the account will be for your shop.”



“But I don’t know how to manage a shop,” she stammered.



“I’ll help you with finances and Justin will help with the legal aspects. As far as the fashion part, you seem to have a knack for it not to mention the training you’re receiving from the Leveaus.”



“Thank you,” she answered absently. For a little while she sat in shock. At one time she vaguely remembered dreaming about a career in fashion but a higher calling of some sort dashed those dreams. Moreover, no one ever cared about her dreams until now. In that moment, she realized that not only did she have a friend and a lover in her husband but a partner who supported her completely.



When she finished the dishes, she found William sitting on their bed writing his poems. For a moment she gazed at him in awe. Before she had crushes but she knew that she had real everlasting love in its truest form with William. Quickly, she hopped on the bed next to him, rapidly unbuttoned his trousers and yanked them down.



“Elisabeth, you’ve become very sexually aggressive recently.” He fumbled a little as he set aside his writing. “And unusually strong,” he added. William didn’t struggle as his now naked wife straddled him and pinned his arms above his head. “I like it.”



Elisabeth captured his lips in a ferocious kiss. She felt him harden against her thigh. His passion matched hers but she would tease him driving him beyond the brink. Beneath her, he trembled with desire as she covered his chest with soft moist kisses. Lastly, her tongue drew lazy circles around his nipple. “Baby please don’t tease” he pleaded. “I need you.”



“I’ll tease you all I want. You love it and I know you do.” As she licked his other nipple, she felt him flush even more. Gently, she bit his neck. Then she rode him for the release only he could give her.



Just the foreplay alone drove him crazy. How he loved the sweet torture only his wife could exact. Pleasure that only she could grant followed. She screamed. She moaned. She trembled. While he held back his own ecstasy, she showered him. Afterwards, he let heavenly bliss engulf him.



“I love you so much.”



As his wife collapsed in his arms, he hugged her close. “I love you too.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Elisabeth blissfully awoke in her husband’s arms not knowing how much time had passed since their interlude. Moments passed as she listened to his deep rhythmic breathing. A slight mumble and reaching for his glasses let her know; he started to awaken as well.



“William, William,” she whispered as he focused on her more. “You’re still inside me.”



“I know. That will make your job much easier.” William smiled at his wife’s adorably confused look. “Well, get to your wifely duties or I’ll punish you.”



“You would never punish me.” Her gentle husband who now became quite turned on inside her would never harm her or so she thought. Suddenly, he smacked her bottom just enough to sting. She trembled a moment in ecstasy.



“Get to it wife,” he commanded with another smack when he felt how much she enjoyed the first. A tight squeeze made William’s world spin.



A scream of rapture let Elisabeth know a new way to please her husband. “You like that. How ‘bout this?” Another squeeze and he exploded in her. She kissed him lovingly.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Later she drew a bath for the both of them when she realized just how messy they were. William settled into the bath and she settled against him. “How can be a good wife to you?”



“You just proved that you’re an excellent wife.”



“I’m serious. You’re getting me a shop and all. You support me. I want to be a good wife. Tell me what you need.”



“Just you at my side,” he whispered against her neck.



“Well that’s nice, romantic and doesn’t help me at all.” She turned and glared at him. “Tell me now,” she demanded.



“All my life I’ve felt like an outcast because of the things I believe and not being born into middle class. On the one hand, I like intellectual pursuits like my poetry and on the other hand I love a good fight. I never felt like I belong, never felt like I mattered.” William sighed. “Until you, you make me feel like I matter, that my views aren’t strange. Just stand by me. That’s what I need.”



“I will. A poet and a fighter, damn sexy,” she remarked. “You are a man ahead of his time and my soul-mate.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Elisabeth found a poem William dedicated to her. *What a beautiful soul.*



I want somebody to share

Share the rest of my life

Share my innermost thoughts

Know my intimate details

Someone who'll stand by my side

And give me support

And in return

She'll get my support

She will listen to me

When I want to speak

About the world we live in

And life in general

Though my views may be wrong

They may even be perverted

She'll hear me out

And won't easily be converted

To my way of thinking

In fact she'll often disagree

But at the end of it all

She will understand me

And I....



I want somebody who cares

For me passionately

With every thought

With every breath

Someone who'll help me see things

In a different light

All the things I detest

I will almost like…..

But when I'm asleep

I want somebody

Who will put their arms around me

And kiss me tenderly.***



****Somebody by Depeche Mode

-------------------------------------------------------------



End Notes:
Sorry for the delay – RL got in the way. Thank you for all the reviews. How did you like the honeymoon? How about his present to her?
The Young Victorian Wife by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
Elisabeth settles into married life quite happily.
Though it seemed like it took forever to get to Malaga, the return trip took no time. When Elisabeth walked into the spacious and colorful Victorian home, she felt safe, happy and that she belonged.

William put his arm around her shoulders. “Welcome to your home,” he whispered.

Anne greeted them warmly and ushered them in to a home-cooked meal. For the first course, they ate oysters sauteed in butter with mushrooms and onions. Anne ensured that all the tea served to her new daughter would have a a blend of Chaste berry in it. “So did you both enjoy Malaga?”

“Best time ever,” stated Elisabeth slightly blushing.

“So you took a tour of all the historic sites,” Anne queried.

“For a few days,” William volunteered.

“The rest of the time we were at the beach or the bungalow,” Elisabeth unabashedly admitted. She sipped her tea which had an odd but flowery taste to it. “This tea is different but I like it.”

When she heard that, Anne smiled. “It has a special blend of herbs for ...energy.” Then the sausage with chestnut stuffing was served. Anne couldn’t help but feel giddy as she watched her new daughter drink several cups of the tea. “I’m afraid the tea may not be working my dear. You look exhausted from your travels.” Anne turned to her son. “William, you should ensure your wife gets plenty of rest.”

Williams gulped down some wine. “I shall bed her immediately after dinner.”

Having overheard that remark, their maid gasped as she brought the bread pudding into the dining room. With the passing of several weeks, Anne didn’t mind the scandalous behavior the servants whispered about her son and his wife. For her, it meant that the tea and frequently served oysters were working.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Though the sun had barely winked to the night sky, Elisabeth awoke to a warm body pressing against her. William loved cuddling and she couldn’t be happier. However, an urgent matter at hand forced her away. Beneath her feet, a cold wooden floor made her hasten her way to the bathroom. *Maybe I’ve been drinking too much Swiss tea lately.* A few weeks ago she discovered the half lemonade with half tea mixture and couldn’t get enough since.

Afterwards, she dove under the covers and snuggled next to William who slept soundly after an early night of dancing followed by a late night of poetry writing. On the other hand, she only had a night of dancing followed by sleep due to exhaustion. As she brushed a few strands of light brown curls from his forehead, she pressed herself against his lean muscular form. “I’m cold.” Immediately, he pulled the blankets over them and wrapped his arms around her.

After a little snooze, she awoke to find William barely awake but gazing at her with a twinkle in his eyes that only happened when he looked at her. “William, I’m horny.”

A slight smile formed on his lips. “No need to pout love,” he replied. He clasped her hand and drew it slowly down his chest, over his stomach and down so she could grasp his hardness. “Time to perform your wifely duties,” he drawled.

“Don’t I always,” she replied sweetly.

“You do, like an obedient wife should.”

After three and a half months of marriage, Elisabeth could read her husband’s sexual mood quite well. “Obedient,” she stated stormily as she pinned him. For a moment, he struggled trying move his wrists that she held firmly. She nipped his neck causing a startled gasp. Beneath her he tensed from the unexpected hickey. Then a contented sigh escaped his lips. More followed with each hickey she trailed down his chest. The entire time he never uttered the word “Serenity,” their safe word.
--------------------------------------------------------
After church, they hurried home so William could grab a picnic basket filled with goodies. Arm in arm, they strolled to Battersea Park. A few buds of spring adorned some of the shrubbery while the leaves sprouted from the trees. Near the pavilion, they attended an art show. William purchased for her a beaded bracelet that represented every color of spring. Several eyebrows raised when Elisabeth threw her arms around her husband. Even more eyebrows raised when William kissed her soundly. “That was most inappropriate.”

“My wicked wife makes me behave that way.” As they strolled to their favorite tree, he put his arm around her shoulders. “And, I don’t want her to ever change.”

After dining on roasted chicken sandwiches and grapes, they decided to take a skiff and paddle in the lake. Elisabeth hopped in and grabbed the oars before William had a chance. Immediately, she launched the boat causing William to nearly fall into the seat. Strong strokes propelled them ahead of several other skiffs.

“I must insist that I row. It is not proper for a man to let his wife do this sort of thing.” William tapped his fingers against the side of the boat and pulled his hat down to avoid embarrassment as they passed more skiffs. After a lap around each of the small islands she started to row towards their starting point. “This is most unacceptable.”

“I need the exercise. This dress used to be loose. Look how snug it is now.”

“You are still very beautiful.” William looked at her appreciatively.

“If I don’t exercise, I won’t be that way for long.”

“You were far too thin before. You needed to put on a stone.”

Her dear William thought she was too skinny and now he thought she was fat. At once, she pulled ashore and bolted. Halfway home between the emotional upset and a hard run, lunch revisited her making her feel even worse before she continued on her way home. Once she arrived at her home, she bounded upstairs to her and William’s room, brushed her teeth several times and stripped out of her snug clothing.

Not long after, William arrived and sat next to her on the bed. “Elisabeth, I was so worried.” Then he kissed her lightly on her forehead before he dampened a cloth to dab against her face. “You are the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever seen.”

“You’re just saying that.” Tears stung her eyes. “You thought I was too thin before and now you think I’m fat. You don’t think I’m beautiful.”

“I think you’re gorgeous and I’m not just saying that.” As she turned from him, he heard her sniffle. “The first time I saw you, I had to think grotesque thoughts to tame the beast below.” His remark yielded a slight giggle from her leaving him relieved. “Are you alright?”

“Just tired,” she muttered as she turned to face him. “And I’m just not feeling very well.”

“Well, that’s to be expected after rowing the entire lake faster than the Oxford Rowing Club.” When William saw the tiredness and self-doubt in his wife’s eyes, he knew just what to do.

Elisabeth relaxed into William’s tight hug while he rubbed gentle circles on her back. “You’re so good to me. I don’t deserve you.”

“Yes, you do but the next time we get into a fight, you have to forgive me.”

“One get out of jail free card for you,” she remarked. “I love you so much.” She looked at him and pouted. “Are you still leaving on business tomorrow?”

“I have to but I’ll be back on Tuesday.”

“Promise you won’t travel at night and you won’t let anyone in the cottage at night.” William snickered at her comment. “I mean it. Promise me,” she stated adamantly.

“As long as you promise me that you’ll take care of yourself.”
-----------------------------------------------------
Very early the next, Elisabeth felt a feather kiss on her lips just before William left for his business trip. Later that morning, she gratefully left for the shop. The extra hours helped her pass the time. Towards the end of her shift, Mrs. Leveau handed her a large sketch pad. “Elisabeth, for all your hard work and your very innovative ideas, we would like you to design four dresses for our new line. We’re going to feature you as our new protogee.”

“Oh my God, this is terrif!” She hugged Mrs. Leveau before she grabbed her sketch pad and ran home.
------------------------------------------------------
When she arrived, she found Anne knitting a pastel multicolored blanket. “Mum! The Leveaus have asked me to design some dresses for their new line.”

Anne immediately hugged her. “My dear, that is wonderful news. When William gets home, he’ll be quite proud as well.”

“Thanks,” she replied. “Since he’s away, I’m going to start on my sketches. It’ll help me keep from missing him so much.”

For a couple hours, Elisabeth sat across from an drawing various designs until a rancid smell assaulted her senses. Immediately, she covered her mouth. “What is that odor?”

“Dinner, oysters and mutten,” Anne answered. “It smells fine to me.”

Elisabeth’s stomach churned. “Excuse me,” she muttered as she covered her mouth.

The inhuman speed with which her daughter bolted to the restroom shocked Anne. Immediately, she had the cook cease cooking the oysters. Instead, she ordered her to keep soup, cheese, crackers and various other inocuous snacks handy.

She then poured a glass of Swiss tea for Elisabeth and brought it to her room along with some crackers and broth. Once Elisabeth finished eating, Anne brought the empty dishes downstairs. Cheerfully, she resumed her knitting for today was a happy day indeed.
End Notes:
Thank you all for the reviews. Chaste berry tea in small amounts was thought to alleviate amorous thoughts in monks. However, in larger amounts it has the opposite affect and is shown to increase fertility. Also, Oysters were very popular in Victorian England.
Saint Patrick’s Celebrations by Blond Goth Girl
Author's Notes:
Elisabeth learns of her special news.
The remnants of another rough night lingered for Elisabeth causing Mrs. Leveau to order her home early the next afternoon. Knowing William would be home that night comforted Elisabeth as she removed his cream linen shirt from beneath her pillow. If it weren’t for last week’s horrible cramps and brief and spotty period, she would have sworn she was pregnant but she knew that wasn’t a possibility. *Aren’t I pathetic? Only two days without my husband and I miss him horribly.* The scent of William surrounded her as she changed into his shirt. This made her happy as well the large glass of Swiss tea the maid always kept fresh at her bedside. *And why can’t I get enough of this stuff?*

Dusk settled as Elisabeth awoke from her nap. Sensing her William nearby, she sauntered downstairs to find him fixing a drink in the parlor. From his slightly unkempt appearance, she surmised exactly what he had been up to. “You and Justin have been sparring.”

“We got back early. I thought you’d still be at the shop or I would have come straight home.” As his lips danced over hers, he untied her robe and pushed it off her shoulders.

“Someone will see us,” she whispered.

“I don’t care.” Quickly he unbuckled his pants. “Now show me exactly how happy you are to see me.”

Pushing aside his shirt that she wore, yanking down her knickers and backing her against the wall, Elisabeth saw William’s beastly side and soon enough she knew she would feel it. As always, it turned her on. She trembled momentarily before she wrapped her legs around his hips. Slipping her hands beneath his shirt, she pressed against him as he thrust with an animalistic lust. Every thrust brought her closer to the brink. “Oh God!” she screamed. An orgasmic tidal wave ravaged her body.

“Your pussy feels so damn good.”

“Baby, I know what you like.” Squeezing down on him, she felt his warmth flood into her. For a little while, she enjoyed his closeness as they held each other. “You were a bit barbaric.” She saw a look of worry cross his face. “I loved it.” Then she felt the scratch marks her nail left on his back as she slid off of him. “Oh William, I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t be. I loved it.” William gathered their clothing. “C’mon let’s get cleaned up for supper.” Suddenly, he swept her into a sensual. “By the way, I forgot to tell you I love you.”

“I love you too.”
-------------------------------------------------------
At the Leveaus’ shop the later that week, Elisabeth found a poem that William wrote and slipped in her purse.

i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite a new thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh . . . . And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you quite so new**

** e.e. cummings – i like my body when it is with yours

*I have completely corrupted him.*



Later, she busied herself raising some hemlines when Justin popped in unexpectedly. Often he came to dinner to visit with William and her with Jane. Normally on Wednesday afternoons, William and Justin brawled at Justin’s home. “Good afternoon Justin,” she greeted. “Are you and William practicing tonight since you missed last night?”

“Tuesday was the only practice for this week since St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. We’re saving our strength for that.” Justin brushed back a dark lock of hair and his deep brown eyes darted around the shop nervously. “Would you have lunch with me?”

“Of course,” she replied. Now her curiosity was really peaked.
------------------------------------------------------
Over a lunch of sandwiches at a pleasant family restaurant, Justin seemed to enjoy his sandwich more than her since hers had an unpleasant aftertaste. However, it was a free lunch so she didn’t complain. Elisabeth eyed Justin who seemed twitchy. “What’s wrong?”

“Will you go shopping with me? I need to buy a wedding present for Jane. She’s very refined and I’m not good at that sort of thing…never mind.”

“All women love to shop, no problem at all.”

“I appreciate it.” Justin poured more tea for them. “You know you make William very happy. If it weren’t for you, I don’t think we would have become as close of friends as we are. You make him more …accessible. Before you, he was painfully shy.”

“William just needed someone to believe in him and I do. He thinks of you as the brother he never had.”

“I’m flattered.” Justin patted her hand. “Since William is like a brother to me that makes you like a sister. I know you have few relatives and if you ever need brotherly advice, yours truly is here.”

“Thank you,” she replied. “Your new sister is happy to help you.”

Justin looked at her half eaten sandwich. “Was the food alright?”

“Sometimes food tastes like metal lately but I think it’s just me.”

Justin tilted his head and stared at her moment before he finished his tea.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
After lunch, they went shopping since the Leveaus let her keep a flexible schedule. Elisabeth chose a tasteful silver broach that could be dressed up or down a green silk scarf to wrap it in. “Jane will love this. You have excellent tastes.”

“Anytime you need some shopping done, just ask.”

Justin smiled. “I’m sure you’ll be doing plenty of shopping soon enough.”

Elisabeth stared at him blankly. Sometimes she didn’t understand British humor. “Sure,” she answered.

“You look tired.” Justin offered his arm. “I’ll escort you home so you can nap. I’ll let the Leveaus know.”

“Don’t be so bossy. I’m not a child who needs a nap or an escort.” Elisabeth started to go the other way just to spite him.

“Stop being silly,” he said. “Do you want William to worry?”

“No,” she answered, reluctantly taking his arm.

“That’s a good girl.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Saint Patrick’s Day, Elisabeth dressed in a dark green satin dress while William wore in a green vest and tie with his cream color suit. After a late morning mass, they went to the same warehouse where they celebrated Halloween for the Sweeney and company Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations. Though she liked corned beef and cabbage before, now the dish tasted superb. Jane chatted with her for awhile about her upcoming nuptials. A lively jig resounded throughout the hall so she joined William and danced.

Two hours later, most of the women cleared away the food and the men drew straws to see who they would be fighting. Unlike the rest of her female brethren, Elisabeth stayed to watch. Then she saw who William would fight: big, brutish and ugly. Tears stung her eyes as she ran to find Justin. “You have to stop this. My poor William will be torn to shreds.”

“Overly emotional,” he muttered. Embarrassed to be seen, Justin grabbed his shirt and covered up since he had just finished his fight. “Don’t worry,” he assured her. “I’ll handle it.”

Since she didn’t want her husband to think she doubted his abilities, she cried in a corner.

Justin returned and gave her a handkerchief. “William will win. He has the advantage.”

“How can you say that?”

“Just watch,” he stated.

Elisabeth watched as her husband and Brute approached each other. Immediately, William dodged the rather slow punch aimed at him. Several times he danced around his opponent’s misses. Then William closed the distance with rapid furious punches as he sidestepped his opponent’s clumsy attempts.

“Some fighters pull their strength from anger; others use hatred but William uses something much more powerful, love.” Justin grinned when he thought about the little lie he told. “I told him that Angus grabbed your bottom.”

“Sometimes, I think you’re a bad influence on my sweet William.” Elisabeth gasped just as the world started to spin around her. “I feel strange.”

Justin scooped her up immediately and walked towards the kitchen. “My mother’s expecting you, just not like this.”

“Why is she expecting me?”

“Daft girl,” he muttered. In a back area, he laid her down on a bench and placed his coat beneath her head. “I’ll get mum.”

The dark haired matronly woman Elisabeth remembered from her wedding approached her and handed her a glass of tea. “How are you feeling dear?”

“I’m fine. Why is everyone fussing so much?”

Justin rolled his eyes while his mother studied Elisabeth closely. “You were right. She does have some of the physical signs and she commented that certain foods taste metallic. And you thought me dragging you to all those appointments wouldn’t come in handy.”

“But you’re a mid-wife,” Elisabeth stated. “I can’t be pregnant.” While she couldn’t remember the specifics, it had been ingrained into her that she would never be a mother. It wasn’t allowed.

“Justin you go handle William while I talk to Elisabeth and not a word to him or even a hint. This is her news to give him.” With a shrug, Justin turned to leave. “I mean it or I’ll break out the old wooden spoon.”

“I got it, Ma.”

Mrs. Sweeney patted her hand warmly. “Now dear, when was your last cycle?”

“Over a week ago so I can’t be pregnant.”

“Was it normal?”

“No, it was spotty and didn’t last but for like a day.” Elisabeth shifted uncomfortably.

“You experienced cramping?” Her patient nodded. “When was your last real period?”

“Right at the end of my honeymoon, when we were travelling home.”

“That spotting is normal during most pregnancies. Have you been feeling tired, nauseous, having odd cravings, tenderness, visiting the loo frequently?”

“All of it,” Elisabeth replied.

“You’re showing your symptoms a little early. It seems your child has a strong presence.”

Elisabeth placed her hand on her abdomen and focused for the first time. When she did, she felt something. “I can’t believe it. I’m so scared.”

“Don’t be frightened. Everything will be fine. You and William are going to make wonderful parents.”

Mrs. Sweeney was right at least for William’s part. While she didn’t have much confidence in her own parenting skills, she knew her husband would be wonderful. “What do I need to do? How do make sure the baby is healthy?”

“Drink plenty of liquids and eat small but frequent meals,” Mrs. Sweeney answered. “That will help curb your sickness. Sometimes I think our cravings are our unborn babies telling their mums what they want. You just need to listen closely. If you’re tired, rest and if you’re antsy, take a walk. As to health, your baby will feel your happiness and love. If you’re happy during your pregnancy, your baby will be born happy.” She fetched some thread from her purse. “Would you like to know if it’s a boy or a girl?”

“Yes,” she replied still in a daze over the news.

She slid Elisabeth’s ring from her finger and tied it to the thread. When she held it above Elisabeth’s abdomen, it twirled rapidly. “Normally, it twirls much slower. Twirling means a boy.”

“It won’t matter to William.” Feeling a little better, Elisabeth got up. “Speaking of which, I need to find my husband. I want to tell him tomorrow evening. Would you keep my secret until then?”

“Of course and so will Justin,” she answered.
----------------------------------------------------------
After a day of pre-wedding preparations with Jane, Elisabeth donned the negligee the Leveaus gave her for her wedding. Her breasts barely squeezed into it. I should have known. Placing her hand on her abdomen, she stared at herself in the mirror. “Hey little one,” she whispered. In that moment, she swore she sensed his presence, a teensy little William. “I guess I sensed you all along without realizing it.” *Is this normal? Well, from now on, I’ll be listening.*

“So you’re the one who loves Swiss tea and corned beef and cabbage.” Taking Mrs. Sweeney’s advice, she already had four tiny meals that day. Three of which were corned beef and cabbage. “I’ve only known about you for a day and already you’re the most important person in my life, well, you and your father.” As she lit a couple of candles for romance, an unexpected yawn escaped her lips. “You want a nap. We’ll make it a short one since your father will be home soon. You’re about to make him the happiest man on the planet.”

When she crawled beneath the sheets, she thought about how much she missed William during his trip, to the point it was overwhelming. “I wonder if you couldn’t stand your father being away for those couple of days. Well, I don’t like him being away either.”
-----------------------------------------------------
When William arrived home, he bounded upstairs to find his gorgeous wife asleep in their bed with a lovely smile on her lips. She seemed so ethereal to him. Sometimes he worried that she would realize that she could do so much better than a middle-class, untitled poet with strange political ideas. However, the sight of his beautiful wife lying in bed awaiting him ended those thoughts as he quickly undressed. A gentle kiss ignited his wife’s passion as she slipped her arms around him. A moan, a tremble and William lost control and to his delight so did his wife.

Afterwards, Elisabeth cuddled in his arms and gazed down at him, grinning ear to ear and giggling. “You have a surprise, don’t you?”

“Yes and you have to guess it.”

“More wedding stuff,” he stated with an exasperated sigh. To answer, his wife shook her head. “They want more of your designs at work.”

She shook her head. “Close your eyes,” she said. When he did, she placed his hand just below her belly button. In that moment, she felt complete beatitude. *So little one, this is like getting a hug from your father.* “I’m pregnant.”

“What,” he said incredulously. “That’s wonderful!” He hugged her tightly and kissed her over and over. Then he gazed at her with great tenderness. “You once asked what you could do to be the perfect wife. You’ve always been the perfect wife and now you’ve made my dreams come true. I’ve always wanted a family.” He kissed her tummy several times. “How long until I’m a father?”

When Elisabeth looked into William’s eyes, she saw the delight of child experiencing a dozen Christmas’ at once. “About eight months, I know it’s still very early but I’m showing all the signs.”

The maid lightly knocked on the door to bring them dinner so they made themselves respectable. Once she left, William prepared a plate for the expectant mum.

“Are you going to dote on me for my entire pregnancy?”

“Yes,” he replied. “Also, I want you to see a doctor tomorrow.”

“I’ve already seen Mrs. Sweeney since she’s a very qualified mid-wife. I trust her more than any doctor.” Somehow, she knew that many doctors had unsanitary habits and posed more danger to expectant mothers than they helped.

“What advice did she give?”

“I need to eat several small meals a day to help my tummy. Drink plenty of liquids. Rest when needed and exercise when needed,” she recited.

After they ate a few bites, William’s eyes widened. “The other night I was an animal. That could have endangered the baby. From now on, we won’t do anything that could hurt the baby.”

*NO SEX FOR EIGHT MORE MONTHS! NOT LIKELY!* If she was happy, the baby was happy and sex made her happy. Therefore, sex was good for the baby. When William acted like an animal, it made her feel very desired which made her extremely happy so that made the baby extremely happy. Good thing she knew how to manipulate her husband. “Actually, sex is good for me and the baby, the more the better but I understand if you don’t want to. Once I start showing, I’m sure you won’t want me anymore, especially the as much as you did when you came back from your trip.” She pouted her best and continued to eat.

“My dear, finish your soup and have at least two more cups of tea, for the baby.”

“Sure,” she replied somberly.

“Afterwards, I shall put you to bed.” William glanced at the little manipulative pout on her lips. “Where I shall shag you senseless,” he continued as he watched the pout turn to a contented smile. Then he felt her foot massaging his crotch. “You better hurry and finish your tea.”

End Notes:
Just curious to see what everyone thinks of Elisabeth talking to her unborn and anything else. I appreciate the reviews.
My Grapefruit by Blond Goth Girl
Elisabeth awoke comfortably warm even with the chill in the morning summer air. William spooned her with his hand firmly on her tummy. Well my little orange, your father keeps us snuggly warm and happy. When she thought of how times William curled her toes last night, she giggled. She truly didn’t think he’d desire her once she started showing. She was so wrong. Uh-oh, you’re on my bladder.

Afterwards, she freshened up and looked at herself in the mirror. Whoa! These are definitely a few sizes bigger. “When you’re ready to come out, I guess I’ll be ready to feed you my little orange.” She rubbed her baby bump. “Well, I guess you had another overnight growth spurt so you’re now my grapefruit. I bet your father will notice.” As she left the bathroom, a wave of pure hunger passed through her. “Those growth spurts always make you hungry, don’t they? We’ll have breakfast soon enough.”

When she emerged from the restroom, William awoke rubbing his eyes before donning his glasses and freshening up himself. While she waited, Elisabeth combed her hair and put on her cream chiffon dressing robe, a last attempt to appear sexy despite her expanding waistline. When William joined her, his eyes reflected a glee that belonged only to her and their baby. He gave her a tender morning kiss. “How’s my beautiful wife?”

“Alright,” she said. She felt another wave of hunger. Morning nookie will have to wait.

“And my precious baby,” he added as he kneeled down.

“He wants you to refer to him as your son.”

Immediately, he opened her robe and lifted her nightshirt to proudly gaze at his handy work. “My SON has grown. You’re really starting to show.” William wrapped his arms around her waist, leaned his head again her tummy and kissed their baby. For the first time, they both felt their baby kick forcefully instead of the usual tiny fluttering. “That’s much stronger than before.”

“You’re telling me,” she said. “That’s quite a kick.”

William slowly traced two fingers along her abdomen where he thought the baby rested. He felt fluttery movements against the tips of his fingers. “He’s responding to me.”

Elisabeth felt the movement as well. “He’s a special baby.”

“Very special,” William replied. Tears of joy came to his eyes. “I sense him. He’s quite hungry, isn’t he?”

“Oh my God!” she exclaimed as he proudly kissed her belly several times. “You can sense him now too.” Elisabeth giggled as William gave her belly a raspberry. “Yes, he’s extremely hungry.”

“Daddy will always look after you and your mum. That’s a promise.” He kissed her tummy once more before he got up. “Time to get my son some food,” he remarked.

“What about your wife’s needs?”

“After breakfast, I’ll put a smile on her face and make sure she glows all day.” He kissed her tenderly before they both left for the kitchen.

Elisabeth felt a very specific craving but chose to ignore it. She didn’t like eating red meat all the time. “You’re son wants a garden omelet with lots and lots of cheese.”

In the dining room, William ordered the cook to add steak to that omelet. “My son wants steak.”

Elisabeth tapped her foot as she gazed downwards. “Red meat isn’t good for you.” She sighed. “Well, I guess I can tell by your kicks, it’s making you strong.”

William smiled when he saw his wife rubbing her tummy and cooing over their son. He wanted to give them both everything they wanted.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Later that day as she strolled to work many of her fellow pedestrians greeted her. Many commented on how marriage and motherhood agreed with her. At Leveaus, Elisabeth proudly took more orders for some of the dresses that she had designed. All the while, the patrons and owners of Leveaus fawned all over her bump. Pure mirth radiated from within her. “You enjoy all this attention don’t you little one? Just wait until you’re born.”

That afternoon like several afternoons before a cream colored linen envelope arrived addressed to the most radiant beauty in the shop. Mrs. Leveau raised an eyebrow. “Wait until your husband finds out about your secret admirer,” she quipped.

Elisabeth pulled out the fancy card with ever so slight innuendos written on it. “The card is from my husband. I recognize the handwriting. He wants to make me feel beautiful despite my baby bump.”

“William is a lovely man.” Mrs. Leveau pinned some lace onto one of the dresses that Elisabeth had designed. “We are going to miss you.”

“Give me a few weeks after my son is born and I’ll be back,” Elisabeth remarked.

“My dear, you can’t possibly have a career and raise a baby. I know William was fine with you having a career when he thought you couldn’t have children but now it’s a different matter.”

“I guess you’re right.” Once she finished work, Elisabeth ambled home feeling very defeated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
After a solemn afternoon tea with mum Anne, Elisabeth went to her room to think and be alone. “I want to be a good mother but I don’t think I will be.” She caressed her grapefruit. “I’m sorry.”

Sometime later, William bounded in with a tall glass of Swiss tea and a sandwich opting to kiss her cheek since she wouldn’t face him but chose to stare out of their bay window. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” she mumbled.

He turned her around so she faced him. “Not nothing,” he said as he cupped her chin. “Something’s troubling you. Talk to me.”

“I want to be a mother and I already love him but I want more. I want to keep working at Leveaus and have my own shop eventually like we planned. I’m not all house wifey.” Because of sudden hormonal surge, she began to sob. “You think I’m a bad wife and a bad mother, don’t you?”

“You’re a loving wife and you’ll be a loving mother. I know it.” Immediately, he hugged her so she rested her head on his shoulder. “You’re going to have your shop and continue to work if you want to.”

“But I can’t be at work and take care of our son,” she countered.

“Yes, you can. For one thing, I’m already looking into a permanent nanny and a wet nurse for until he’s weaned.”

At once, Elisabeth’s blood boiled. “No one is going to feed my son but me! Mrs. Sweeney has delivered lots and lots of babies and cared for them afterwards. She said not to wean him until he’s three. Babies stay way healthier that way and I won’t let him bond with anyone but me.” Then she stroked her bump. “Don’t worry. I’ll feed you not some stranger.”

William couldn’t help but chuckle. “After that demonstration maternal protection, I know you’ll make a great mother.” Then he kissed her. “Then we’ll just have a nanny so we both can get some sleep and have some time off once in awhile?”

“That sounds good but I still want to raise him and work.”

William grabbed a pen and paper and wrote ‘nanny.’ “Would you be alright with part-time work for awhile, at least until he’s ready for school?”

“Sounds good,” she answered. “But he still will be raised more by a stranger than me.”

“A certain grandmother will want to spend a bit of time with him.”

“That’s true.” Elisabeth knew Anne was just as excited as they were. “I just want to make sure he knows his parents.”

“That’s what I want to help as well.” William reflected a moment. “When I was growing up, my mother was the person who knew me better than anyone and who was always there. My father was the man who patted my head when I got good grades and bought me presents. Don’t get me wrong. He was a good father and I knew he loved me but I never knew him very well and I don’t think he knew me. I don’t want that kind of father. I want to be close to my son.” William worried that she would think him less of a man as most women would at his next suggestion. “I want to stay home with him a couple days a week and take care of him.”

“Like change diapers, feed him, teach him to talk and all,” she stated.

“Yes,” he said feeling slightly ashamed.

“That’s wonderful!” She threw her arms around him and kissed him. “You’re going to be a fantastic father.”

“You really don’t think me ...less of a man for it?”

“I think you’re more of a man for it.” A familiar wave of beatitude passed over her. “It makes our son happy. This will work.”

“Of course,” he said raising an eyebrow his wife’s sudden change in mood. For a moment, he thought they would make love until she grabbed the sandwich.

Elisabeth caught William’s slight curl of his lips, arched eyebrow and the come hither look in his eyes which she could never say no to, not that she ever needed much encouragement. “Our son is hungry.”

He pressed his hand to her stomach and felt hunger. “You want your father home with you?” William felt a sense of safety coming from within. You know I’ll love and protect you just as much as your mum, don’t you? “Well then I’ll devise a schedule. On Mondays, I really must take care of business.”

“That’s fine,” she stated between bites. “Mondays are slow at the shop. They really need me on Thursdays and Fridays.”

“We’ll have a nanny for the nights. Monday through Wednesday are your days at home. I’m sure mum will pop in quite a bit to help so you can sketch your designs. Thursdays and Fridays are my days at home. Saturday nights are our night so the nanny will take care of him. I insist that Sundays are family days.” William busily wrote all his notes.

“When do you plan to write your poetry and what about brawling with Justin?”

“I didn’t think there would time.”

“Why not have Justin over on Thursdays and Fridays? He can help babysit and when the baby’s asleep you can brawl.”

William squeezed his wife’s hand. “You’re really looking out for me.”

“You bet since we’re Wisabeth.”

“Wisabeth,” he said.

“William plus Elisabeth equals Wisabeth. We’re a team.” Elisabeth hopped on his lap and cuddled with her William. “We’ll have our evenings together and you can read me your poetry. Saturdays will be partying and dancing.”

“I suppose I can continue to write poetry for the love of my life and show her off at parties but on one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“You keep being my naughty little minx.”

“Of course, that will be every night.” After she stood, William followed her to the bed. She removed some silk scarves from the night stand. “It’s been awhile since you’ve punished me.”

William shook his head. “I’m not into that right now.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to?”

“Not while you’re pregnant,” he answered. “It’s just not right.” That little pouty look that worked on him every time crossed her face. “You’re looking very desirable lately and I’m afraid things might get out of hand.” He gave her a rather savage kiss. “However, after the baby is born, I plan to punish you like never before.”

Elisabeth felt a familiar tingling sensation between her legs. Sometimes she couldn’t believe how horny he made her. “Promise,” she squeaked trying to regain her breath.

“Absolutely love,” he stated. William couldn’t help but relish their nightly antics as his wife pushed him into the bed, tied him up and blindfold him. Indeed, he couldn’t be happier that she wasn’t a lady in the bedroom.
End Notes:
Thanks to: All4Spike, BlackDahlia, c98, curly_kitty, dmarie1273, incubus_dreams7, Inwen, Jezzabell, kspuffyk, kudagirl, LexieAnnMalfoy, lisa, Melissayasha, Norababy, smokey56, The Enemy of Reality velvet cat, who_whee for adding OTTWNB to their favorite stories.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=36723