Dying to See You Again by jessigurl18
Summary: William Porter died in a car accident and was sent to heaven. There, he met Buffy Summers, who later he fell in love with… but she returned to Earth to begin the life of another person. Will he be able to find her?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 2131 Read: 3006 Published: 11/03/2004 Updated: 11/09/2004

1. Prologue by jessigurl18

2. Chapter One by jessigurl18

Prologue by jessigurl18
Prologue

The traffic was a murder, especially in Los Angeles. William sat in his black Chevrolet DeSoto, his blood boiling with anger. He had to get to work; he needed to finish his contract with Wolfram & Hart, the big celebrity agency that he was going to be affiliated with.

His phone began to ring with intensity, and he snatched it, clicking it on to listen to it. It was a real waste to be on the road; he thought about going back home to his sister, Cecilia, who was just a couple of months before she was to marry his best friend, Liam. She wanted to spend time with William, knowing that she had to talk to him about the wedding, but he brushed it off, saying that he would talk to her when he got home, and make her some hot chocolate like always.

“I love you, Willy,” she whispered into his ear before he left the apartment. He loved her like crazy; she was his pride and joy.

William hated talking on the phone. There was too much traffic for him to be on it. That’s when he realized something was going wrong.

The light was green on the traffic signal; he had noticed before he continued down the road. Then, time just seemed to have slowed down at that moment. William turned his head to the sound of two pairs of screeching tires. The nose of the racing car rammed into the driver’s side of the DeSoto, not giving William enough time to move.

That’s when everything suddenly went blank.

~*~*~*~

William opened his eyes to the sound of men surrounding him and whispering. A paramedic was looking down at him and shaking his head negatively.

“He’s gone,” he simply stated and stood up. William crunched his eyebrows and pursed his lips. He sat up to see the men walking away.

“I’m right here, you sodding ponce!” he yelled furiously, but none of them turned around not even for a peek.

“They can’t here you, my boy,” a voice retorted behind him. William turned his head to see a man, maybe in his late forties, dressed up in a white suit.

“Who are you?” William asked as he stood up and dusted himself off, noticing the blood marks in his shirt. The two men walked down the street, not realizing that they left a dead body behind them.

“You will learn to call me Giles, but you, my boy, you are William Eliezer Porter. You were born on December 15th, 1974 and you were 16 when you moved from London and came to New York City in the United States. Your parents loved you very much, indeed, and your sister, Cecilia, is a charmer,” the man stated as he took his glasses off to clean them. “You father died of a heart failure when you were 21 and soon after, your mother died of leukemia. You had to take care of young Cecilia –“

“Wait a second, how do you know so much about me?” William asked as he stopped dead in his tracks. Giles smiled as he put his glasses on and glanced at William.

“My boy, I know everything there is to know,” he chuckled as he stuck his hands in his pockets. He looked up at the boy in muse. “Do you remember what happened about 20 minutes ago?”

William blinked for a couple of seconds before his memory swiftly streamed into his mind.

“I was in my car. I was thinking about Cecilia and the wedding and Wolfram & Hart…” Suddenly, he turned around to where he stood up. His eyes widened abruptly as he stared at himself, deceased and pale. “Oh my God…”

“Yes, William, that is you…” Giles stated as he placed a hand on his shoulder. William turned to him in horror.

“What am I doing here then?” he asked in a think British tone.

“You are going to heaven, of course.”

~*~*~*~

A/N: what do you think?? It’s a movie I saw a really long time ago, and today I was sitting in class thinking about it and I really wanted to write something about it! Hopefully, my chapters will be longer and sweet after this. Don’t worry! Spuffy on the way! I hope you like this one! It’s going to be great!!! I will update Falling Off the Deep End soon. Be patient, my faithful readers!

-Jess
Chapter One by jessigurl18
Chapter One

William had never imagined that this place would be beautiful, and never expected that he would be there. The two men walked through what seemed to be an endless garden of flora, of all colors and sizes.

“Is this real?” William asked as he picked up a rare blue rose before him. Giles just smiled as he continued to walk through the meadow.

“In heaven, anything is real,” Giles answered as he turned to face the blonde. William turned up to the other Brit in perplexity, but continued to walk with him.

“I want to see my sister,” William blurted as he stopped abruptly. Giles turned around to face William, an eyebrow popping up in bewilderment.

“What do you mean, my boy?” Giles asked politely; he knew that the blonde would ask about his relative.

“I want to see Cecilia. I want to see her before I leave completely, please.” Giles sighed as William pleaded. Just then he raised his hand and the scenery changed; he was in his living room.

He saw Cecilia with Liam on the couch, consoling her as she cried frantically. A tear ran down William’s cheek as he saw her; he wanted to grab her and hold her like he always did.

“Oh God, Liam… He’s gone…” he heard her cry into Liam’s chest, causing William to shiver from head to toe. “I can’t believe my brother is gone!”

“Honey, I’m here for you okay,” Liam whispered and kissed her forehead. “I’m always here for you…”

“I love you like crazy… I’m going to miss you, Nib…” William whispered as reached out to touch Cecilia’s shoulder, but his hand went right through her. He looked back at Giles who was shaking his head pessimistically.

“Sorry, they can’t feel you either…” he murmured as he turned around and opened the door of the apartment. William turned towards the door and as he walked out he turned to see Cecilia once more before leaving.

Suddenly, everything changed into a city corner. Everything was shining white and the people around them always had something to do. Giles turned to William who stood in awe before the sight.

“Welcome to heaven, William Porter.”

~*~*~*~

“So let me get this straight… I’m in heaven?” William kept asking Giles as the two continued through the idyllic metropolis. Giles just smiled as William continued to question.

They reached the center of the metropolitan, where there was a huge water fountain; statues pouring out crystalline water one way or the other. William was amazed at the spectacle before him and continued to walk around it. Giles watched the boy with partiality, feeling like a father taking his son to something out of the ordinary.

“This is gorgeous, Giles,” William whispered, never taking his eyes off of the cascade. The blonde unexpectedly tripped over a bag that sat in front of him, and fell flat on his face.

“Oh my goodness!” a female voice cried out as he was helped up. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he mumbled as he dusted himself off before looking up at the guilty party. When he raised his cerulean blue eyes, he met with a pair of dark emerald orbs. His body suddenly softened at the sight before him. It was a petite slender woman with blondish hair, and her eyes never left his.

“I’m so sorry… I didn’t mean to trip you like that…” she whispered audibly, shiver running down her back as she saw his mouth gape open to lick his lips. She extended her hand for a greeting. “I’m Buffy Summers.”

“My name is William Porter…” He took her hand for the gesture and as they did, the two received an intensifying electric shock with their touch. The two jumped back at the incident in amazement.

“Wow… did you feel that?” William asked as he rubbed his hand against his thigh. Buffy just blinked and nodded her head, grasping her had against her chest. Giles felt the stun from where he was standing; he knew what that meant. He was the only one that knew other than the headmaster Himself.

“My girl, Buffy… how are you?” Giles greeted as he met the two youngsters. Buffy averted her gaze from William to Giles and smile warmly.

“I’m feeling better everyday, Giles. You know that,” Buffy announced as she picked up her bag from the floor. William still had the dumbfounded expression on his face from the occurrence.

“I guess you met William,” Giles cleared his throat and gestured toward the other blonde. Buffy nodded, her eyes never leaving William’s. “Well, I need to get going. I’m needed.”

Giles began to walk away when William stopped him.

“Giles, what am I going to do now?” he asked as he raised his hands in the air. Giles shrugged and continued to walk.

“Do what you think is right.”

~*~*~*~

“How did you end up here?” William asked as he sat down on the edge of the fountain. Buffy shrugged and positioned herself next to him.

“I don’t remember… I grew up here all of my life,” she answered, turning her gaze toward him. He turned away from her, not wanting her to know that he was staring at her.

“How did you end up here?” Buffy asked the same question. William sighed and bit his lip.

“I was in a car accident not too long ago… I suppose a drunk driver hit me…” he whispered, but quickly changed the subject. “Where am I going to live?”

Buffy giggled, running her hand through her hair and stood from her seat.

“Come on, William. I’ll show you around,” she laughed and began to stroll. William smiled as he followed her through the city.

They circled the city many times as they conversed, and watched the attractions. Hours seemed to have passed since the two had met. They laughed about memories and joked about it. They laid in a grass meadow outside the urban capital, watching as the sun goes down.

“William, did you leave someone behind on Earth?” Buffy asked as she turned her head to gaze at William. He nodded.

“Yes… my sister, Cecilia… she is getting married in a couple of months and I was going to walk her…” A single tear streamed down William’s cheek as he told the memory. Buffy sat up and stared down at the man before her.

“Don’t cry, William…” she didn’t know what else to say. She was never born on Earth and she never experienced was he was going through.

She touched his cheek with her palm, extracting all the warmth from his face into her hand. The shock ran through their bodies again, causing William to sit up and stare into Buffy’s emerald orbs.

“You’re a very beautiful, Buffy,” William whispered as he took her hand in his.

He knew that they were supposed to share something, and he wanted her as close as possible. He never felt anything like this before, not even when he was on Earth.

William leaned in, carefully closing in he space between them. Their lips were inches apart when a supernatural energy joined them together. He brushed his lips against her, closing his eyes gradually as she kissed him back.

She pulled away quickly; her eyes widened to the size of two marbles, and stared at William with appeal but seriousness. She had never thought about experiencing with someone since she began to exist in heaven. The thought never crossed her mind.

From a distant tree stood Giles with a silhouette behind him. He crossed his arms around his chest and sighed.

“What do you think?” Giles asked as he turned to the silhouette. The figure nodded its head.

“The energy they are exchanging is massive. I have never encountered this much in my existence. They are beyond doubt intended to be together.”

~*~*~*~

A/N: What do you think? I completely forgot what the title of the movie was and I thank my reviewer at Spuffy Realm for telling me. Thanks! Anyways, I hope everyone likes this story!

-Jess
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=5454