Prologue

The traffic was a murder, especially in Los Angeles. William sat in his black Chevrolet DeSoto, his blood boiling with anger. He had to get to work; he needed to finish his contract with Wolfram & Hart, the big celebrity agency that he was going to be affiliated with.

His phone began to ring with intensity, and he snatched it, clicking it on to listen to it. It was a real waste to be on the road; he thought about going back home to his sister, Cecilia, who was just a couple of months before she was to marry his best friend, Liam. She wanted to spend time with William, knowing that she had to talk to him about the wedding, but he brushed it off, saying that he would talk to her when he got home, and make her some hot chocolate like always.

“I love you, Willy,” she whispered into his ear before he left the apartment. He loved her like crazy; she was his pride and joy.

William hated talking on the phone. There was too much traffic for him to be on it. That’s when he realized something was going wrong.

The light was green on the traffic signal; he had noticed before he continued down the road. Then, time just seemed to have slowed down at that moment. William turned his head to the sound of two pairs of screeching tires. The nose of the racing car rammed into the driver’s side of the DeSoto, not giving William enough time to move.

That’s when everything suddenly went blank.

~*~*~*~

William opened his eyes to the sound of men surrounding him and whispering. A paramedic was looking down at him and shaking his head negatively.

“He’s gone,” he simply stated and stood up. William crunched his eyebrows and pursed his lips. He sat up to see the men walking away.

“I’m right here, you sodding ponce!” he yelled furiously, but none of them turned around not even for a peek.

“They can’t here you, my boy,” a voice retorted behind him. William turned his head to see a man, maybe in his late forties, dressed up in a white suit.

“Who are you?” William asked as he stood up and dusted himself off, noticing the blood marks in his shirt. The two men walked down the street, not realizing that they left a dead body behind them.

“You will learn to call me Giles, but you, my boy, you are William Eliezer Porter. You were born on December 15th, 1974 and you were 16 when you moved from London and came to New York City in the United States. Your parents loved you very much, indeed, and your sister, Cecilia, is a charmer,” the man stated as he took his glasses off to clean them. “You father died of a heart failure when you were 21 and soon after, your mother died of leukemia. You had to take care of young Cecilia –“

“Wait a second, how do you know so much about me?” William asked as he stopped dead in his tracks. Giles smiled as he put his glasses on and glanced at William.

“My boy, I know everything there is to know,” he chuckled as he stuck his hands in his pockets. He looked up at the boy in muse. “Do you remember what happened about 20 minutes ago?”

William blinked for a couple of seconds before his memory swiftly streamed into his mind.

“I was in my car. I was thinking about Cecilia and the wedding and Wolfram & Hart…” Suddenly, he turned around to where he stood up. His eyes widened abruptly as he stared at himself, deceased and pale. “Oh my God…”

“Yes, William, that is you…” Giles stated as he placed a hand on his shoulder. William turned to him in horror.

“What am I doing here then?” he asked in a think British tone.

“You are going to heaven, of course.”

~*~*~*~

A/N: what do you think?? It’s a movie I saw a really long time ago, and today I was sitting in class thinking about it and I really wanted to write something about it! Hopefully, my chapters will be longer and sweet after this. Don’t worry! Spuffy on the way! I hope you like this one! It’s going to be great!!! I will update Falling Off the Deep End soon. Be patient, my faithful readers!

-Jess