New Begining by Buttercup
Summary: Buffy is a single mom of a cute 3 year old girl. William is a divorced hot editor that just moved in to the Building Buffy runs, from the first time they met in the laundy room sparks fly between them. William seems like the perfect man his hot, caring and above all he seems to love little Sarah. Buffy gives herself a chance to love again, but would they be able to overcome the ghosts from their past and have a New Begining?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 16903 Read: 19205 Published: 01/25/2005 Updated: 01/28/2005

1. One by Buttercup

2. Two by Buttercup

3. Three by Buttercup

4. Four by Buttercup

5. Five by Buttercup

6. six by Buttercup

7. Seven by Buttercup

8. eight by Buttercup

9. Nine by Buttercup

10. Ten by Buttercup

11. Eleven by Buttercup

12. Twelve by Buttercup

One by Buttercup
Chapter 1

"Bloody Hell!!". William yelled frustrated at the washing machine in front of him. Apparently no matter what he did, it didn't seem to be willing to cooperate with him.

"Excuse me, you need to push and lift it at the same time." Buffy managed to tell the handsome stranger in front of her, with a smile since she was finding his misery adorable. When she realized no matter what, he was still clueless she decided to go to his rescue, leaving her own laundry basket on the nearest washer. "Here let me try, you have to push it and lift it, like this and. Voila! Don't worry it's a little tricky. I would recommend next time to use this one." And she pointed to the washer on the far left corner of the room. It's the newest one." She explained.

"Thanks a lot pet, you saved my day". And he took a good look at his savior. She was a young petite blonde, probably in her mid twenties, her beauty was surprisingly natural, she wasn't wearing any make up, her hair was up in a ponytail, and yet still she was hypnotizing. And she smelled so good, clean and fresh. As they were staring at each other, there was a moment, which was sudden interrupted by a tiny voice.

"You talk funny." A little blond girl was staring up at him, tugging his pant leg.

"And who are you little bit?" As he kneeled in front of her. She was a cute little thing, blond curly hair in pigtails; huge green eyes the cutest little nose, all pretty dressed in pink.

"My name is Sarah Ann Summers, but you can call me just Sarah." She replied proudly.

"Well, nice meeting you Sarah. I'm William Giles, but you can call me just William. Now that we're friends, why don't you be a doll and tell me the name of your pretty nanny." He said while he looked up at Buffy.

"She's not my nanny silly, she's my mommy, her name is Bu."

"Buffy Summers." As Buffy interrupted her little girl extending her hand to the man in front of her. It suddenly hit her who he was. "Nice meeting you Mr. Giles. You just moved to Apartment 12b, right? I'm sorry, I meant to stop earlier. I'm on the first floor." As she saw the surprised look on his face, she realized she was babbling. "I'm the building manager, welcome to the building, and please feel free to stop by if you need anything."

"Nice meeting you Buffy, but please call me William, whenever someone says 'Mr. Giles' I turned around looking for my father. Besides, I'm not that old, am I?" he finished the sentence by smoothing the mess of bleach-blonde hair atop his head.

"Not at all William. Well I'll be right here in case you need anything." Smiling at him, she finally turned to her own basket and began separating her whites while Sarah got back to her coloring book, leaving William staring at the very beautiful picture in front of him. He couldn't help feeling attracted to her in a way he hadn't been attracted to anyone before. She was nothing like the women he dealt with everyday; always pretending to be someone else, but she was.real. But of course he couldn't even think about it, she was probably married.

William was sitting in a chair going through some papers when little Sarah came to him.

"Williham?"

"Yes pet?"

"Your clothes are ready, the washer stop!"

"Thanks kitten"

"Oh bullocks!" William yield as he realized that his white clothes were suddenly light pink.

"Hey Willham your cloths are pink, like mine!"

Buffy couldn't help but to laugh at his tragedy. His angry face melted as soon as he saw the two girls laughing, and soon he was laughing too.

"I'm so sorry, is just that is such a cliché. You obviously don't have a clue of what you are doing here"

"What gave me away luv?"

"Don't worry we all been there, laundry virgins"
Two by Buttercup
Chapter 2

"I'm telling you Willow its fine, don't worry ok? Yes, I'll pick them up on my way back from the grocery store. No sugar, got it. Good luck on your meeting. Yes for the 10th time its ok, now go Will. Bye." Buffy turn off her cell, and turned up the car radio, anything that would keep her mind busy, away from her hot new neighbor.

"Get a grip Buffy, a guy like that must be taken. But then again if he is married, why was he doing his own laundry? It seems like he had no idea of what he was doing, maybe he just broke up with someone. But nevertheless, what shot do I have? I mean he is gorgeous. those eyes and the cheek bones, the body and that accent, he probably has a whole sea of girls lining up, what chance does a single mom of a 3 year old have? Oh well!" As she pulled her car up to the ballet studio.

"Mommy!!" As Sarah ran to her mother arms. She looked adorable on her pink ballet outfit.

"Hey baby! How was class?"

"Greeeaat. Look what I learned." As she began spinning

"That's great honey, now why don't you go get Tara, she is going with us ok?"

"Yippy!! Tara!!"

All the way back home, Buffy listen carefully to every amazing story the two girls had to say. When they arrived home, she open the back door letting the girls out, while she carried the groceries. She began juggling with the bags, the keys, keeping and eye on the girls, she was about to loose her balance, when she hear a familiar voice behind her, the same one she been trying so hard to get out of her head all day.

"Here luv, let me help you with that" As he took the bags from her.

"Thanks, you saved me." smiling at him.

"Guess we are even now, pet."

"Willham!! Look at me!!" Sarah yield as him as she spined for him

"She is a great kid, you and your husband must be very proud."

"Oh I'm not married." As soon as she said that, she realized she had answer a little too quickly, so she continued. "At least not anymore. But answering your question, yeah, she is my world"

"I can tell. You two make a wonderful scene" Smiling back at her.

Buffy lead the way to her apartment. As soon she open the door, the two girls flew inside. The apartment was small but cozy, a two bedroom a living room and a tiny kitchen. Buffy pointed him where he should let the bags.

"Here you can leave everything on the table, thanks again"

"No problem pet. By the way, nice place Buffy."

"Oh thanks. I do my best to try to give Sarah a home."

Before he could answer Sarah came back, with Tara behind

"Mommy!! Can we watch Nemo???"

"Sure Honey go ahead, there's popsicles on the freezer if you want one, but you know the rules, first you have to change your cloths ok? Tara may borrow some shorts; I don't want you to ruin your ballet clothes"

"Ok mom, but this is aren't clothes, it's my princess dress"

Buffy and William both laugh at that

"Ok Princess Sarah, but I mean it! Go change or no Nemo ok?"

"Ok Mom!"

As they both saw her leave. William turned to Buffy,

"She is adorable luv" He choked on the words. Staring into her green eyes.

"Yes she is." looking back at him, sharing a moment, if he had kissed her right now, she wouldn't have stop him; she was lost in his blue eyes. But the moment was broken.

"By the way, do you know where can I get some a decent meal around here? I'm sick of fast food and I don't feel like eating alone."

"Oh, well if you want you are more than welcome to join us for dinner. I mean its nothing fancy just some sloppy Joe's and ice-cream. But if you don't feel like it I understand I can tell you the name."

"What time?"

"Around 7:00pm would be perfect."

"What should I bring?"

"Nothing, it's totally casual, just you, me, Sarah and some ice cream"

"Sounds perfect pet, see you at seven"
Three by Buttercup
Chapter 3

Buffy was very nervous, it wasn't like this was a date or anything, but still she felt like she was about to lose it. She finally decided to go with her favorite jeans and a plain black sweater, simple yet elegant with her hair down and a little makeup, 'cause she didn't want him to think she was dressing up for him. So with all this in mind, her 'casual it's not a date' look took her only 2 hours. After taking a last look at herself at the mirror, she decided to lose the lipstick, "Who am I kidding this isn't a date, I still don't even know if he's single, he probably is just being polite. Oh my God he must think I'm desperate. What have I done?"

The doorbell rang making her almost jump out of her skin, she look at the time and panicked "Oh my God, he's early, of course he is English" She kept babbling to her self but still had not moved from the couch. The bell rang again.

"Mommy, the door" Sarah yelled from her room.

"Yes baby I know, I'm sorry"

As she was about to open the door she took a deep breath. "Here I go"

"Hi Buffster, it was about time"

"Xander". She replied disappointed.

"Sorry to disappoint you, I'm just here to pick up my 'lil monster" said Xander looking her up and down.

"Of course, I'm sorry, please come in, I'll go get her, they are playing on Sarah's room" she said trying to hide her disappointment and act normal.

"You look nice, big date?" He said with a smile on his face.

"What?! Of curse not! Anyway let me go get her, Tara honey, your daddy is here" she turning around as fast as she could, so he couldn't see her blushing.

"Dad!" Tara yield coming out of the room. With Sarah right behind her.

"Uncle Xanda"

"Hey monsters" he said as he kneeled to hug the two girls

"We watched Finding Nemo" Tara said proudly.

"What's that now, the 25th time?" Smiling at his girl

"You are silly, daddy."

"Uncle Xanda look at me" Sarah demanded as she began her spinning around the living room.

"Wow Sarah that's great, where did you learn to spin like that?"

"Not spinning, I'm dancing. I'm a princess" she rolled her eyes at him.

"Yes daddy we are princesses" said Tara as she joined Sarah spinning around

"Of course you are" Buffy and Xander said at the same time, causing everybody to laugh.

"Well princess Tara we should get going, your pumpkin awaits you to take you to your castle where the Queen is expecting us" Xander bowed at her, extending his hand.

"You're a silly-billy" both girls yelled

They were all laughing so hard that no one heard the knocking on the door, which William found wasn't closed all the way, because it opened before him as he knocked on it, he could hear laughing so William decided shyly to come in. There they were, Buffy, Sarah, her little friend and some man playing with the girls, by the way he was interacting with them it was obvious that he was someone they both loved. And he could only think of one person, Sarah's dad. "This wasn't such a good idea mate, look at them they're a family" William thought to himself as he was silently turned to leave before someone spotted him.

"Willham!!" Sarah yelled

"William!" Buffy managed to splutter out

"I'm sorry, I knocked but then the door opened, I'm sorry I didn't mean to." William answered quietly.

"Please come in" Buffy said to him with a warm smile.

As he walked in she got a good look at him, he was wearing a blue shirt and khaki pants, his hair was a little curlier, she decided that she liked it better that way. She could see that he had something behind him, but couldn't quite see what it was.

Xander was studying him as well, first with a surprised look, and then as he realized that he was the reason why Buffy looked so pretty tonight, he moved closer to her unconsciously in a protective way.

William made his way in shyly, he felt very uncomfortable, what was he supposed to do? He decided it would be best to wait for her do all the talking and introductions.

"Hi William, I'm glad you were able to make it. I would like to introduce you to Alexander Harris; he is the father of." Buffy said to him, pointing at the man standing right next to her "Here it goes" he thought to himself

"Tara" she continued. There was a look of relief on his face, as he smiled and extend his hand to shake his, leaving what was on his hand on the table next to him.

"Nice meeting you Alexander, William Giles"

"Xander, is fine. So you are English?" Xander asked not taking his eyes away from his, trying to discover his intentions towards Buffy.

"Yes, just moved in a couple of days ago" he said casually

"So how are you liking California?"

"I like it so far" looking at Buffy, making her blush

"Ok that's my cue, Tara, honey lets go before your mommy kills us. Say goodnight to your Aunt Buffy and don't forget to say thank you" As he gave Buffy a 'I'm so going to kill you look.'

"Bye Aunt Buffy, thanks for everything it was fun" Tara thanked Buffy politely.

"Bye Tara, say hi to your mommy for me, ok?"

"OK, bye Sarah"

"I'll walk you two to the door. Please have a seat William, Ill be right there"

"Sure thing, nice meeting you mate"

"Same here"

As they approached the door she knew he was going to demand an explanation, one she didn't have so all she managed to say was "Don't say a word" Giving him a look that he knew meant business .

"You do know that first thing in the morning you will have Willow at your door, demanding every single detail right?"

"I know, talk to you tomorrow, give her a kiss from me"

"I will, good night, and Buffy. . . you look beautiful"

"Thanks Xander, good night" she said as she closed the door behind her.
Four by Buttercup
Chapter 4

When she came back she saw Sarah sitting right next to William looking at some book, but as soon as he realized she was there his eyes followed her all they way until she was standing in front of them making her blush.

"Look mommy, what Willham brought me" As she proudly showed her mom a new coloring book.

"That's very nice honey" As she saw the book, and then looking at him "But you didn't have to"

"It's my pleasure luv"

"He brought something else for you, show her Willham"

"Sarah!"

"Its ok pet, I brought a bottle of wine and these are for you" he said as he handed her a flower bouquet, smiling at her blush.

"They're beautiful, thanks a lot William, but you didn't have to do all this, it was a welcome dinner for you, you are our guest you didn't have to bring any presents" She was babbling again, she always did that when she was nervous.

"As I said, it's my pleasure"

"Ok, so you want some wine? Let me look for the corkscrew, I don't even know if I have one, as you can see I don't usually have a drink, more likely a glass of milk, maybe hot cocoa if I'm feeling fancy. and I'm still babbling, sorry"

"Don't worry luv, here let me look for it" smiling at her. She was so adorable; he was trying really hard not to kiss her. "Found it"

She handed him to glasses, and gave Sarah some juice. Placing her flowers on a vase with water

"So how are you liking California?" She said trying to break the ice, because she was really feeling intimidated by the way he was looking at her.

"Oh I'm loving it"

"What is it that you do, I mean for a living?"

"I'm an editor, and I'm in charge of the California branch"

"Interesting"

"What about you luv, what else do you do besides running this place?"

"Oh, I'm a kinder garden teacher"

"Are you serious? Wow I wish I had a teacher as pretty as you when I was a little fellow, I'm sure all your students have a mayor crush on you."

"I don't about that, but I love them."

They had a nice dinner, the three of them. Sarah had the time of her life teaching her new friend how to eat what was on his plate. Buffy loved the connection they had, there had been some other guys in all the years, but her first priority was always Sarah if they didn't like her or she didn't approve them, with out much thinking she would dump them, but she seemed to love William and apparently the feeling was mutual, which made him even more attractive.

"So tell me again what are this things called?"

"Sloppy Joes silly. It's my favorite food"

"I don't get American food" when he saw her little face he continued "but I love them kitten they are.different"

After dinner they had some ice cream. When they were done, William insisted on helping her out with the dishes while she gave Sarah a shower. Buffy couldn't hide her emotions, it was perfect he had a gorgeous guy in her kitchen doing dishes and he seem love her kid, he has perfect, a little to perfect, there must be something wrong. What if he's gay? What If he is married?

After Sarah was ready for bed she allowed her to watch a Barbie movie for a little bit, while she helped William put the dishes away. William was surprised on how happy he was helping her around the kitchen, he felt comfortable around her, it seem hard to believe that he had just met her. There was still so much of her he didn't know, but he was definitely willing to find out.

Buffy was touched and surprised to see Sarah kiss and hug William goodnight. He didn't seem to mind, he hugged her back kissing her on the forehead, before sending her to her mom. Buffy tucked her in and read a quick story to her, kissing her on the cheek.

"Good night honey, sweet dreams"

"Bye mommy, love you"

"Love you too baby"

She made sure her night light was on when she turned off the lights closing the door behind her.

William was on the couch waiting for her drinking some wine, he was looking at some of the many picture frames that Buffy had all over the place, must of them were of Sarah and Buffy. He saw Buffy coming out of Sarah's room and to him she never looked so beautiful.

"Here luv, I poured you some wine" As he handed her a glass of red wine.

"I'm sorry about taking so long, she insisted on me reading her a story"

"I don't mind." Smiling at her. He really wanted to move and kiss her right there, but he liked her too much to risk ruining this. He wanted to get to know her first, he would take his time and would give her some time. He could see that she was intimidated by him and although it was flattering, he wanted her to be comfortable around him, so he decided to try and break the ice

"So pet, what's your story?"

"My story? What do you mean?

"Yes where are you from, why did you get divorced, how did you end up here with me tonight?

"Oh, that's a lot of things, this might take a while"

"I'm not in a hurry luv"

"Ok, well I'm originally from L.A. but I moved to a little town called Sunnydale, after my parents divorced. I lived there with my mom all the way until high school, but when she remarried this jerk called Ted everything changed. He hated me and the feeling was mutual, he went out of his way to make my life a living hell, he pushed my mom away from me, filled her head with ideas.

I had a boyfriend back there, it seem perfect at the time, good looking, athletic, smart, and rich, not that that was the most important thing. Riley and I had a good thing going, we were the perfect couple, although his parents didn't think so, but they thought it was fine that he had fun with me, as long as by the end of senior year, he would go to Princeton and preserve the family tradition. But Riley had other plans in mind, he wasn't interested in law, he was more into action, and by that I mean military." Buffy look at him and thought to herself that maybe it was too much information for him "Am I boring you?"

"Not at all pet, please go on"

"Ok, senior year, things got worse at my house, Ted was so mad at me one time that he even hit me, and the saddest thing was that my mom didn't do a thing. So I held on to Riley, he was the only thing good in my life, after graduation he decided not to go to Princeton but instead go to Iowa to try to join some special forces and he asked me to go with him, and I did. It seem like the only solution at the time. So we left, he made it into some special group, the fact that he was well educated, that he spoke 3 languages, and athletic help him. He was gone for several months while he was in training, I got a job as a waitress. After a couple of months after that he came back and told me he had been assigned to a very special top secret mission. He was so excited and we had a wonderful weekend together. That was when he proposed to me, I said yes and we got married 2 weeks before he left. I was broken hearted when he left, one morning I woke up alone, there was a note on the pillow" Tears running down her cheeks.

"You alright luv? You don't have to tell me anything else if you don't want to"

"Its ok, I need to say it, been keeping it for long. They say is easier to talk to a stranger"

"I don't want to be a stranger"

"But I don't know anything about you and here I am opening my heart to you"

"What would you like to know? Would it make it easier for you if I take the mic for a while?"

"Stage is yours"
Five by Buttercup
Chapter 5

William took a deep breath and a sip of his wine

"Ok, well but I must warn you, my life is pretty simple. I was born and raised in Manchester until I was 14, after my mum passed away me, my da and sis moved to London, where he had been offered a job at a museum.

"Your mom died? I'm so sorry, how did she. I'm sorry I don't mean to be nosy"

"Yeah, its ok she had cancer it was very long and painful so it was a relief for her, just not for the rest of us I suppose, at least the pain was over for her. So anyway as I was saying, we moved to London, it was a big shock for me and I didn't handle it very well, which resulted in me ending up with the wrong friends. My da was always too busy with work and raising us to really see what I was going through. I started to race cars for money and since it wasn't exactly legal the pay was good. I became known as Spike.

"Spike? Sounds like you were a bad boy?"

"Oh I was, well at least that's what I was trying to pretend to be, I had the whole punk act going, the hair, eyeliner, black nails, black leather. I guess you could say I was a rebel. I thought I didn't need anyone, least of all my da, I really hated all that he stood for. We never really got along, I was a mother's boy. She always understood me, so after she was gone there wasn't a lot left between me and my father. I was planning on making enough money to move out, all I cared about was my music. Oh yeah I had a band, we really thought we would actually make it, that we were the next Stones. Anyway one night I was supposed to race, but my da held me at the house longer we had an argument and I was late, by the time I got there my best friend was already in my place, I was so mad at my father, that was a big race there was a lot of money involved, with that money I was going to finally buy my own car. But things happened for a reason and that night that argument with my da, saved my life. Chris died that night on a car accident, apparently the brakes were cut by someone who didn't want us to win, again there was a lot of money involved."

"Oh my God, that must have been terrible"

"Yes he died right in front of me. I was so shocked that I never heard the police came of course by the time they got there, everybody was gone so they arrested me, while I was at the police car I saw the ambulance taking Chris's dead body, and all I could think was that that should have been me. I spend the night in jail, until my da came to pick me the next morning. I changed that night and from that they on I decided to listen to my da, and it turned not so bad. I graduated, went to college got a good job, married a nice girl and finally divorced and moved to sunny California"

Buffy was speechless his confession had really touched her, she wanted to hug him so much, but she was still afraid.

"That was quite a story but I still don't get something?"

"What's that pet?"

"You said your life was simple. And to me it sounds everything but simple"

"Well it's all a matter of perspective luv. Quit pro quo pet, how about you finish your story and tell me how did you ended up in the divorce club?"

"Oh I'm not divorced"

"But you told me you weren't married anymore."

"I know, I'm not divorced I'm a widow. After Riley left I found out that I was pregnant, it was hard because I really didn't have anyone to share that with, he was gone and since it was a big top mission I had no way to know where he was or when would he be back. Until one day I got a letter saying that Agent Finn had died bravely in action, I was devastated I was alone and pregnant. The funeral was simple and discrete, like in the movies a flag as handed to me, but no one would tell me how did it happened, I don't even know if it was his body inside the coffin in front of me. His parents blame me for his death, they think I was the reason he didn't go to Princeton they didn't even care that I was caring their grandchild. They told me that I was nothing but a gold digger but that I wasn't going to see a dime, they didn't want see me anymore. Thank God we got married before or I would have ended being alone pregnant and on the streets." Tears were running down her cheeks.

Spike couldn't help but to hug her and pat her back. She felt so fragile in his arms, he wanted to protected her so bad.

"Shhh pet is ok, look how well things turned out for you, Sarah is a wonderful girl, you were so brave"

"Not really" As she broke the hug

"What do you mean?"

"Well after Riley's funeral I was a mess I barely ate. I realized that I couldn't bring a child to this world, I wasn't in any condition to raise a baby I was 19 years old, with no education what could I possibly had to offer to that baby. So I decided that I was going to do the best thing I could for him, I was going to find her the best family I could, so I investigated which was the best agency and decided to give my baby up for adoption. It made sense at the time, I could go back to school and my baby would have the family it deserved. I interviewed over 10 couples, I wanted a real home were they would love her. That's when I met Willow and Xander"

"Harris? The block I met earlier?"

"Yes, him and Xillow weren't able to conceive, so they were looking forward to adopt a baby. I love them instantly, they were so nice, caring and funny they weren't the wealthiest couple but that wasn't my priority I knew they could provide my baby with all I wanted him to have. I moved back to California to be closer to them and enrolled myself at college so I could begin school soon after the baby was born. The more I got to know the Xander and Will, the more I felt I was making the right choice, but the Sarah was born and the minute I set my eyes on her I knew I couldn't do it, she was so tiny and perfect, she was a part of me. So I decided to take a chance and keep her. I broke Xander's and Will's heart, but deep inside they understood, not long after that Willow realized she was pregnant I guess they had they own little miracle too. We remained good friends they are Sarah's godparents and my only family. Willow helped me get the teaching job, which it works great for me, I get to see Sarah, it's a part time job and I love it." Buffy finished

"May I ask you a question pet?"

"Sure"

"Do you ever regret your decision?"

"Yes and no. When it comes to me never, I love Sarah more than anything in the world, I can't imagine my life with out her. But sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice for her, if she wouldn't be better of with a real family in a real home"

"Buffy honey, in case you haven't notice she has a family and a home, a very good one if you ask me."

"Thanks, I try"

"I have to say that I admire you luv, you are a hell of a woman" A he said that he knew he couldn't resist any longer, he had to kiss her, so he began leaning and when he didn't find any resistance he went for it kissing her softly on the lips. She tasted so sweet, her lips were soft and felt like made for him.

Buffy wanted for him to kiss her so badly, she hadn't realized it until tonight, she had blocked out how lonely she really was and how much she needed a shoulder to cry on and someone to share her life with. When William finally made a move she couldn't move, he seemed perfect for her, she couldn't remember anybody ever making her feel this way. His kiss was so sweet. Usually guys jumped right into hungry kisses that could lead to bed.

They were still kissing went suddenly they heard a little voice behind them

"Mommy" As Sarah

"Sarah baby what's wrong?" Buffy managed to say as she jumped back pushing William away.

"I'm thirsty" in a demanding voice.

"Honey there's a glass of water right beside your bed" As she stood up and went to her

"But I want juice" in a whining voice

Normally Buffy would had never given in to her demands, but in this case she decided to give her a little juice, so she could go back to bed.

After 5 minutes she finally was able to put her back to sleep. She came back and embarrassed she look at William, who was waiting for her.

"I'm sorry, parenthood is a 24/7 job. I didn't mean to push you like that. I'm so sorry I panicked"

"Don't worry luv, I understand. But don't do it again ok?" he said with a sexy smile on his face

"Again? What does that supposed to mean?" she said blushing

"There's more were this came from. I like you Buffy I really mean it. I want to get to know you better, I felt a connection tonight that I would love to explore further, if you let me"

"I felt too, I haven't talked like this to anyone. Thank you for listening William. But I need time, can we take it slow?"

"Of course, how about we do this properly, and tomorrow you let me take you out on a date?"

"A date?" she said looking surprised

"Yes a date, you know dinner and a movie and a kiss at the end of it"

"Sounds lovely. What time?" Smiling at him

"Pick you up at 7:30. Now I better get going now that I can still be a gentleman"

"Ok, I walk you out. I'll see you tomorrow and again thanks for listening"

"No luv, thank you for a lovely evening. I can't wait for tomorrow. Sweet dreams pet" As he lean to kiss her once more softly on the lips.

"Bye" she whispered as she closed the door. She suddenly felt a tear running down her cheek, but this time it was full of happiness and hope.
six by Buttercup
Buffy was sound asleep when she was brutally awoken by the ringing of her cell phone. Without opening her eyes, she tried to reach for the annoying phone, she finally managed to reach it and answered with a sleepy voice

"Hello"

"Buffy, thank God you answered"

"Willow? " She finally opened her eyes, sitting down and looking at the clock on her night table which indicated that the time was 6:55 am

"Yes its me, open your door"

"Willow is everything ok?" Buffy asked worried

"Yes, well other than I'm going crazy here, open up"

"Will, have you been drinking coffee again? Its Saturday morning" As she got up searching for her robe

"Yes, I'm aware of that, but I couldn't wait any longer, I actually got here at 6:30, Buffy I've been waiting in the car for the past 30 minutes, I need to know the details, come on open the door"

"My God you are crazy, I'm coming" As she open the door to find the cute red head standing there with a phone in one hand and two cups and a pager bag on the other

"Hey Buffy. Look I brought breakfast" Still talking into her phone

"Come in Will. You do know that you don't need your phone anymore, right?

"Oops, I'm too excited, plus I'm on my second coffee and you know how I get when I drink coffee"

Buffy smiled at her friend leading the way in into the kitchen were she put the bagels on a plate, and reached for the cream cheese finally bringing them to the table, were Willow was already waiting with the cups of coffee.

"So?" Willow asked desperately

"So what?" Buffy answered playing naive

"Come on Buffy I'm dying here, tell me what happened last night? Who is he? Where did you meet him?"

"Slow down Will. Ok he is the new guy from apartment 12 b. He is an English publisher and I just invited him over for dinner, kinda a welcome thing, no big deal"

"No big deal? Xander said the guy brought you flowers and wine, and that you were looking hot?"

"He said that? Well yes we had a nice time, we ate, talked a lot and.?

"And what?? Come on Buffy I'm going crazy here, what else happened?

"He kissed me"

"Oh my God. How was it?"

"Perfect, he was so gentle, so sweet"

"Oh Buffy sounds great, you two didn't. Oh my did he spend the night? He is not going to walk out of your door in like two seconds right?"

"Relax, nothing else happened, he was a perfect gentleman, he just kissed me and asked me out"

"Wow, that's so sweet. How about Sarah? You know how picky she is."

"That's the best thing she loves him, and apparently the feeling is mutual"

"He sounds perfect, and from Xanders reaction, I can tell he must be really hot, am I right?"

"Yes he is really hot. He has the most amazing blue eyes I had ever seen"

"I must say I had never seen you like this, you really like him don't you?"

"Yes, I think I do. We had the most amazing night and all we did was talk. I told him all about my life, my mom, Riley, I even told him about my intention of giving Sarah up for adoption"

"Buffy, you never talk about those things, especially the Sarah part, he must had made quite an impression"

"I know Will, but I'm terrified, you know my history with guys, and he seems too good to be true, what if I fall for him, and then he dumps me for a cute single beach blonde girl?"

"Come on Buffy, you deserve an opportunity, besides he must really like you, he didn't try to go further last night, and he is taking you out on a date. If you ask me I think he has fallen under the Summers spell"

Suddenly Sarah came out of her room, looking all sleepy.

"Aunt Willow, where's Tara? As she look around for her little friend

"Hi Sarah, Tara is at home with her dad. He wouldn't let me bring her this early"

"Oh"

"Sarah honey, are you hungry? Aunt Willow brought you a blueberry muffin."

"Yummy I love blueberries"

"I know, sweetie, that's why I brought it specially to you" she said as she hugged her

"So Buffy, do you need me to take the little muffin with me tonight?" Willow pointed at Sarah, who was concentrating on her muffin

"No, its ok. I'll ask Dawn to stay with her"

"You sure, because you know it's not a problem, we would love to have her over, not to mention the freedom that would give you"

"That's why I think it's a better idea for her to stay, I can't rush anything"

"Ok, I understand. Hey do you know what are you wearing tonight?"

"I haven't given it a lot of thought"

"We need to go shopping"

"Mmmm you think?

"Absolutely you deserve it!"

"I guess you are right, let's go shopping"
Seven by Buttercup
"Hi Dawnie thanks for coming "

"No problem, what's up?

"I was wondering if you could baby-sit Sarah tonight."

"Sure, no problem. It's not like I have a social life since my mom grounded me. Anyway are you going out on a date?"

"Yes"

"Oh my God! Who is he?"

"He is the new guy, the one from apartment 12 b?

"Shut up! The hot English guy. He is so yummy. You are so lucky"

"Well, we are just getting to know each other"

"I'm so jealous. If he was like 10 years younger or I like was 10 years older." Dawn say with a smile ". he is so hot Buffy. So where is he taking you?"

"I don't know"

"You know I could spend the night here with Sarah, that wouldn't be a problem, that way you wouldn't have to worry about coming home, and just have a good night."

"Dawn!"

"Sorry, is not like I don't know about that stuff, besides wow, Buffy he is hot!"

"Yes you had made that clear, but as I told you we are just getting to know each other, so no need for you to stay overnight, although I appreciate it."

"Ok if you say so, so what time you need me here?"

"7:15 would be ok"
eight by Buttercup
Buffy was staring at herself at the mirror, trying to look perfect.

"You look pretty mommy, you look like a Barbie" Sarah said as she entered her room

"Thank sweetie" Buffy bent down to kiss her "Dawn is coming tonight, isn't that fun? "

"Yes I like Dawn, she lets me play with her makeup and does my hair. You can play too mommy, would you?"

"Not tonight honey, mommy is going out. I'm having dinner with William."

"Oh ok"

"Is that ok with you Sarah?"

"I like Willham, he is funny"

"He is funny isn't he?"

The doorbell rang, Buffy opened the door to find Dawn on the other side carrying a back pack and a Blockbuster bag.

"Wow! Buffy, you look hot!"

"You think?" She asked shyly "It's not too much?"

"Not at all, he is going to love it" she couldn't help looking at her in that short black dress.

"I hope so, Willow insisted that I should get it. Come in Dawn, Sarah is in her room. She is already showered, so you don't have to worry about that. I'm leaving you money for pizza, and there's some ice cream on the fridge, just a scoop for Sarah. What else? Oh if you play with makeup, just wash her face before you put her down ok?"

"Buffy?"

"What?"

"Relax, I have done this before remember?" She said smiling at her "Her bed time is 8:30, no matter what she says"

"Ok, sorry I guess I'm a little nervous. You have my cell phone number right?"

"Yes, don't worry she'll be fine"

"I know Dawn, thanks for doing this. Sarah! honey look who is here!"

"Dawn! Did you bring your makeup?"

"Hey Sarah. Yes I did, just ask your mom if that's ok"

"Yeah! Is that ok, mommy?"

"Yes honey, just not too much ok?"

"Ok" both girls answered living for Sarah's room

The doorbell rang again and Buffy almost jumped with excitement as she headed for the door, taking a deep breath before opening the door. She saw William looking gorgeous wearing a navy blue sports jacket a lighter blue shirt a little open and beige pants.

The minute he saw her, he thought she was a vision, the black dress she was wearing captured her beautiful curves, her subtle cleavage exposed him the perfect amount of her breast to let him wanted more and her beautiful legs were exposed as well.

"Hello William"

"Hello luv, you look beautiful" He leaned in to kiss her on the cheek. He was dying to kiss her lips again, but he thought it was a better idea not to rush things, he had the whole night ahead.

"Thank you, you look very handsome yourself" She blushed and smiled at him "Please come in, I just need to say good night to Sarah"

"No problem pet"

"Sarah honey, mommy is leaving. Come say goodnight"

Both girls came out of her room, Sarah was wearing her hair up on a ponytail while her face was covered with makeup and long earrings.

"Look mommy! I look as pretty as you" She said proudly

William and Buffy couldn't help but to smile at her

"Yes Sarah you look. absolutely beautiful" she replied as she gave a 'I'm so going to kill you look' to Dawn

"Hi Willham, don't I look pretty?"

"You look gorgeous kitten"

"Dawn I'm leaving you know the drill" As Buffy said that, she saw Dawn pleading look "Oh by the way, Dawn this is William, he is our new neighbor, William this is Dawn, she lives on the third floor and she is babysitting Sarah tonight"

"Nice meeting you pet"

"You too" Dawn said as she blushed. William knew he was overwhelming the young girl in front of her, which he thought it was kinda sweet.

"Ok so you two pretty girls have fun tonight, just don't let any boys in ok?" William said to both Dawn and Sarah. The first blushed even more since he called her pretty the second just thought he was being funny

"Ok bye-bye give mommy a kissie Sarah. It's time for her to go now." She kneeled to kiss Sarah before she could kiss her with all that make up and ruin hers. "Be good for Dawnie ok? "

William watched yet again amazed by how Buffy interacted with her daughter, it was crazy but that was probably one of the most attractive aspects of Buffy. Once she was done, they were on their way to their first date.
Nine by Buttercup
In the car he tried to keep a simple conversation going, he didn't want it to get too personal, if she needed time, that exactly what he'd give her. She could feel occasionally, when she wasn't looking, his eyes on her legs or on her cleavage, instead of being mad she was flattered. Her dress was having the effect she wanted.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise luv"

"Oh"

"You don't like surprises?"

"Is not that, it's just that I'm curious. When ever someone says surprise I need to know"

"Well you'll find out soon enough pet"

"Ok I'll guess I can wait"

"No need to luv, we are here"

"Where are we?

"You'll see" As he said that he opened his door, she was about to the same "What do you think you are doing pet?"

"What does it look like, I'm letting myself out"

"The hell you are"

"Excuse me"

"A lady waits for her door to be open, didn't you know that missy"

"It's ok William, I'm quite capable of opening the door myself, and this is the 21 century you know?"

"Pet, this is not a matter on capability, is about letting yourself being treated like a lady" He smiled at her and caressed her cheek with his hand "Buffy I just want to treat you like you deserve. Will you let me?"

"Yes William" As she looked at him touched by his words, no one had ever treated her like that, he was too perfect to be true.

"Now be a lady and wait for me to let you out of the car luv" Saying that he finally stepped out of the car and opened her door, offering his hand to help her out, then lowered his head to place a warm kiss on her hand. "My lady, shall we?"

"Yes, lets go" Buffy smiled at him, after which she took the arm that was being offered to escort her, she decided then to live the moment and allow her self to enjoy this opportunity for as long as it lasted.

The restaurant was called "Gondolieri" it was the newest thing in town, Buffy had no idea how he managed to get a reservation for a Saturday night in such a short notice. The main entrance consisted of stairs illuminated by candles which indicated your way down stairs, where the hostess was waiting.

"Good evening sir"

"Good evening, I have a reservation under the name of Giles, William Giles" William said proudly with Buffy by his side.

"Yes Mr. Giles. Welcome to Gondolieri, your gondola would be here in a moment to take you to the restaurant"

Buffy felt like she was in a dream. Right next to them, there was a little channel, not long after, a little gondola appeared to take them to their final destination. The ride trough the channel was beautiful it was dark only illuminated by torches that reflected themselves in the water, as they came out of a tunnel, they could finally see the restaurant

"This place is beautiful" Buffy said excited "How did you find out about it"

"I have my sources luv" and as he said that he grabbed her hand and kissed it "I'm glad you like it"

"Are you kidding me, I love it. I don't think that I have ever been to a place like this before, I feel like I'm in a dream"

She was adorable he thought, she didn't hide her true emotions. Dru would have probably said that the place was charming, but she would definitely never let herself sound surprised or impressed, no matter how hard he tried. Buffy was so different, she with out pretensions, and he wasn't afraid to admit to himself that he was falling in love with her. He loved that she was a strong woman who didn't feel the need to shut out all romance out of her life. He loved they way she seem to love her daughter, she was what he needed, however he understood that she would required patience and he was willing to be patient, after all things that are worth it are never easy.

"You deserve it pet"

They reached the dock and he offered his hand to her again, this time she took it with out hesitation. Once at the dock another hostess was waiting for them.

"Mr. Giles, right this way, your table is ready" As the hostess show them their way to their table. Buffy realized that the girl seem to like her date, since she kept smiling at him, and she would blush when he smiled back at her. Still it didn't matter, he was hot and he was her date.

"Luv, allow me" William murmured as he pulled out her chair for her.

"Thank you William"

They had a lovely evening, the place was lighted only by candles, there were white flowers everywhere and a soft violin playing in the back round. It was perfect. The food was delicious, and William picked a great wine to go with it. During dinner they talk some more about their jobs, their childhoods, and Sarah of course. Buffy however realize that he didn't say much about his previous marriage, she wondered why was that, still she decided not to pressure him, he would do it when he was ready.

"William can I asked you a question?"

"Sure thing pet?"

"Do you have any kids?"

"Kids?" His face lost his smile "no pet no kids"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you sad, is just that you are so good with kids"

"Well that comes from years of practice with my sisters kids, I guess that's what I miss the most about home"

"Yes, I can see that"

They decided to share a dessert, since Buffy claimed she was already stuffed, but he insisted on trying their very famous chocolate cake.

He couldn't believe how sexy it was just feeding her chocolate cake.

"mmm, oh my God this is delicious" Buffy claimed "you were absolutely right, you have to try it"

"Glad you like it pet" William said with a smile, without being able to take his eyes away from her mouth " Do you have any idea how sexy you look right now?"

"What??" Buffy blushed "sexy me? Yeah right, with my mouth full of chocolate"

"Yes you look adorable and incredible sexy" he gave her another forkfull of the delicious chocolate cake.

'Oh my god he is so sexy' She thought to herself

"So can I have a piece that?" He asked suggestively

"A piece of what?" She asked smiling at him yet blushing

"Your chocolate cake of course, is just that you make it look delicious. What did you think I was talking about?"

"Nothing" Buffy said looking embarrassed "Here have some" and without thinking she fed him some cake

"You little.mmm it is delicious, but not as delicious at this" And without any warning he kissed her on the lips, licking all the remains of the chocolate cake from her lips.

When they finally separated, Buffy felt that she must be in a dream and couldn't hide her smile.

"This has been an amazing evening, I wish it didn't have to finish" Buffy said

"Its not over yet luv, besides I'm planning on having a lot more, if you are ok with that?"

"Yes, that's ok with me" As soon as she finished saying this he was kissing her again, this time a little deeper, she loved the feeling of his tongue exploring her mouth. He had the ability of making everything so sexy.

William knew she was the one, and he wasn't planning on letting her go anyway, she tasted like chocolate and wine, and boy she smelled great! He wished that in that very moment that everybody else around them would disappear, so he could make love to her right there under the glow of candle light.

After dessert, they left the restaurant, only this time he had his arm around her waist, and they kissed all the time during the gondola ride back, especially at the tunnel. To everyone watching they looked like teenagers in love.

They took a brief stroll under the moon light, his arm around her and she resting her head on his shoulder. It was amazing how good they felt in each other arms. Buffy never felt so protected and beautiful before. He had the gift of making her feel the most beautiful girl in the world, and she loved it.

"Thank you for a lovely evening, William I can't even begin to tell you how nice it was. I don't think I had ever had a date like this before in my life"

"My pleasure luv" he said kissing her tenderly on the lips "And what exactly do you mean by never had a date like this before, a beautiful girl like you, must have 100 blokes after her"

"Not really, I don't date that much, besides the guys I usually go out with think that pizza and beer at a sports bar, qualifies as date, after which they expect you to sleep with them"

"Pizza and a beer huh? If only I had known that was all it took to get lucky with you" he teased her

"You jerk" She smiled, backhanding him across the chest and breaking the hug. She pretend she was mad crossing her arms, refusing to talk to him and turning her back to him

"I'm kidding pet" he said as he grabbed her from behind, his hands on her waist and his mouth at her ear. She immediately responded, arching her back towards him. "I never dreamed of being as lucky as I was tonight. I'm the luckiest block on earth just because I got the kiss and hold you "

After hearing those words, she turned around to kiss him. "You are good with words Mr. Giles"

"That's not all I'm good with pet"

"Oh really?"

"Indeed" after saying that he began kissing her again, this time more passionate than before. Somehow Buffy ended up against the wall, but even then he was gentle to her, she knew that if she didn't stop him soon, she hasn't going to be able to stop herself. She really liked him but she needed to be sure, she needed to take this slow, too much was at risk.

"Sorry I can't ask you in, but I have two girls waiting for me"

"That's ok luv, but we could always go up to my place if you wanted to" he knew as he said it he was pushing his luck, and putting in risk all he had achieved tonight, but he said it anyway. He just hoped she wouldn't take it the wrong way and jump to any conclusions; he cared for her to much to loose her.

"As tempting as it sounds, I think I'll have to pass" Saying that was hard, she really wanted to go upstairs and see what would happened, but she knew this was the right call. She hoped he could understand it and be patient.

"It's ok luv, I understand" He was relieved to hear that she didn't hate him for asking her that, although there wasn't anything he wanted more right now than take her in his arms and bring her to his bed.

"I like you William, you are a wonderful man but I need to take this slow. I hope you can understand"

"I do luv, don't worry. I like you too and I think you are the most beautiful and amazing woman I have ever met" Saying that he kissed her on the hand. "Good night pet I had a lovely evening. I'll see you soon"

"Good night" She kissed him on the cheek "And thank you so much, for everything and I mean everything"

"It was my pleasure pet. Sweet dreams" He waited for her to open the door, and get in safe before he left.

Once inside, Buffy fell out of her beautiful dream when she saw Dawn asleep in the couch with the TV on and the pizza box open on the table. She wasn't the neatest babysitter, but she was handy and good with Sarah.

"Dawnie. I'm home"

"What?"

"I'm home, you can go home now."

"Buffy, how did it go?"

"Great, I had a lovely time"

"I'm glad, I expect to hear all the details in the morning"

"Sure. Was everything ok around here?"

"Yes, everything is fine, she's asleep"

"Good. Thank you so much Dawn, and have a good night" she paid her and let her out.

"Good night Buffy"

After Dawn left Buffy checked on Sarah, and saw that she was sleeping like a little princess. She kissed her on the forehead and then went to bed to dream about her very own prince charming.
Ten by Buttercup
The next morning Buffy and Sarah were eating breakfast, when they heard the door. Sarah jumped out of her chair and ran to open the door.

"Sarah, honey ask who is it, before you open the door"

"Ok. Who is it?"

"William"

"Mommy is Willham, can I open the door?

"Yes honey you "may" open the door" Buffy said correcting her girl. She was very excited to see him again.

"Hi Willham"

"Hello pet, is your mommy around?"

"Yes"

"May come in?"

"Yes"

Buffy was back at the kitchen washing the dishes.

"Mommy, Willham is here"

"Ok, be there in a sec"

But before she noticed, a familiar voice was whispering in her ear "Morning luv" as he kissed her on the cheek

"William, hi" Buffy jumped surprised "you scared me"

"Didn't mean to"

"Its ok, hmm can I offer you something, coffee, juice, tea? You English drink tea right, let me see if I have some"

"I'm all right pet don't worry about it. Did you sleep ok?"

"Yes I had a very good night. How about you?"

"I had and terrible night luv"

"Why? Are you ok?"

"Couldn't go to sleep, thinking of you, I needed to see you again"

"Oh, ok" Buffy blushed

"So what plans does the Summer girls have for today?"

"Not much, we were just going to go out to the park later and then to the pet store"

"Pet store?"

"Yes, Sarah loves puppies, so she makes me take her every week to look at the puppies. I feel sorry for her, she really wants one"

"Mommy?"

"Yes honey?"

"Can we go to the park?"

"I have a better idea" William started "I been here for a few weeks now, and I still haven't gone to the beach, do you know anybody that would want to show me the beach?"

"I like the beach!!" Sarah yelled "mommy can we go?"

"Sure" she said smiling at William "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely, we'll have a great time" kissing Buffy on the cheek "Now you girls go get your swim suits on and I'll pick you in 10 minutes"

Sarah ran to her room leaving the two of them alone "You know? I wouldn't mind seeing you in bikini luv?" He said suggestively

"You pig" she said smiling back at him

"Hey I'm missing something here"

"What?

"My good morning kiss"

"Oh, well that I can help you with" she smiled as she went to kiss him.

"I missed that"

"Good" Buffy smiled "Now mister you have to leave so I can get ready and take you to the beach to get some color, because honestly, you look like a vampire"

"Thanks a lot luv"

They had an amazing time at the beach, Sarah had a blast, burying William in the sand, and swimming with him and Buffy in the ocean. Buffy loved how the two of them seem to be getting along, sometimes she even felt a little left out of the fun, so she decided to stay under the umbrella and watched them from there. She brought her camera with her, making sure to take plenty of pictures of that day.

"Hey cutie!" William said coming out from the ocean, holding Sarah's hand and kissing Buffy on the cheek "Having fun?"

"Yes I am. What about you two?" He looked absolutely gorgeous,all wet in his swimsuit, she couldn't seem to take her eyes away from that chest. She was a lucky girl.

"Yes, I love the beach" As he took a towel to dry him off. He could tell, even when she was wearing sun glasses that she was checking him out, and he loved it. She was looking very hot herself in that pink bikini, he wished for a second that Sarah wasn't around so he could really showed her how much he liked her in that bikini.

"Mommy?" Sara asked confused as her mom was drying her up.

"Yes honey?" Buffy answered, not paying that much attention to her, since she was still focus on the very hot guy that was taking a seat right next to her.

"Why did Willham kissed you?" She finally asked

"Well."Buffy looked all nervous and confused "you'll see, William and I are good friends, and he is just letting me know that he likes me" She looked at him for his approval and he smiled at her.

"Is he like your boyfriend?"

"Hmmm" Buffy really didn't know what to say. She never saw this coming, what was she supposed to answer? She didn't even know the answer herself. Luckily for her someone came to her rescue.

"I like your mommy poppet, I think she is very pretty and smart, just like are. I like spending time with her. Would that be ok with you, if I was your mommy's boyfriend?"

Buffy couldn't believe what she was seeing it, he was so sweet, she felt like kissing him right now. He was asking for Sarah's permission, that had to be the nicest thing someone had ever done. Although she was scared, she knew Sarah liked him, but still she didn't know how she was going to react.

"Does that mean you are going to by my daddy? Sarah asked William

"Well." William has speechless how was he supposed to answer to that? It wasn't really his place to answer that.

"Sarah honey, you had a daddy. He is an angel remember, we talk to him every night in our prayers, he lives in heaven and takes care of you from there." Buffy was so touched by her little girls question and she could see she wasn't the only one.

"But all of my friends have a daddy. I want a daddy, why can't Willham be my daddy?" she began to cry. Buffy was heart broken when she heard her daughter cry, she knew this day was coming, she was getting older and suddenly she wasn't enough for her, she needed a father, and that broke her heart.

"Honey.." She began saying, with tears forming in her eyes

"Kitten, come here" William said as he sat her on his lap "I might not be your daddy, but I can be your best friend, I'll always be there when you need me, and we can do fun stuff together. Does that sound good?"

"Promise?" Sarah asked smiling at him

"Of course. Do you know that you are the prettiest bird in the world?

"I am?" Sarah's face bighted, she loved being told how pretty she was.

"Absolutely" William said kissing her on the cheek "So are you ok that I love your mommy?" William ask her without giving much thought of the words that were coming out of his mouth, and what possible effect could they have on Buffy

Buffy was shocked, did he just said loved? He loved her? She froze, unable to move or say a word.

"Yes, you are funny" Sarah finally said as she stood up and went playing with her beach toys.

William realized what he had just said, and the impact that apparently had on her, she seem terrified. 'Oh bollocks, I screwed this up. Way to go mate you scared the bird away.' He thought

"Buffy, luv are you ok?" He asked shyly, she was still not moving, which made it impossible for him to guess what she was thinking

"What?" Buffy finally said coming out of her daze

"I asked you if you are ok?" He was very nervous, it didn't look like she took his little confession very well.

"Yes, but its getting a little late, we should get going, I need to feed Sarah and give her a shower. besides I need to prepare my week schedule" Saying that she stood up without being able to look at him "Sarah honey, get your things ready, its time to go" she began to pack her own stuff, avoiding him as much as possible.

"Buffy, please look at me" William said worried "are you ok?"

"I can't right now, I'm sorry. Can we just go?" She said without looking at him "Buffy." William said in a begging tone

"Please?" she answered on that same tone, looking straight to his eyes for the first time, showing him that she meant it. She couldn't deal with that right now, she was terrified, what was she supposed to do with that information?

"Fine, lets go" He finally said giving up.

They barely said a word on their way back, at least not to each other. Sarah insisted that she wanted an ice cream so William got her one before they left the beach.

"Well thanks for everything it was fun" Buffy tried to sound casual, trying to avoid the huge elephant between them.

"You're welcome, pet. Buffy please we need to talk" He had to try one more time to talk to her, even if he had no idea what he was going to say to her. Is not like he was planning on taking it back, but maybe he could say something to make her feel less terrified.

"I can't, at least not now." Buffy knew that she wasn't being fair, after all him loving her would be a good thing, but she barely knew him, how could she trust him with that? And the worst thing was that he involved Sarah in that. How can you say you loved someone after only a couple of days? He doesn't even know me. He was either a jerk that was just playing with her, or a real romantic. But she had no idea which he was right now, so she couldn't deal with that. "Sarah honey say goodbye."

"Bye Willham, hey now that you are my friend I can invite you to my birthday party"

"When is it kitten?" As he kneeled to face his little friend, trying to look happy, even though he felt like crap.

"Saturday, I'm going to be like this" as she showed him fours fingers "mommy is making me a princesses cake, and I'm going to wear a princess dress, it's going to be at my aunt Willows house. Would you come?"

"Sure poppet I'll be there" William said smiling at her, looking up to Buffy, not knowing what to expect from her anymore "That is if that's ok with your mom"

"Sure, you should come, I'll give you directions later" Trying to sound casual. Sarah seem to like him, and she was never wrong when it came to judging people, the girl had a gift for that, besides she wasn't ready to shut him out of her life, what if his intentions were real.

"Ok. Have a good night pet" He tried to kiss her on the lips, but she turned and kissing him in the cheek instead

"Good night William" She was terrified and broken hearted. A confession like this should make her very happy, and instead she was confused. Just last night they were making out like teenagers and she was loving it and now, she couldn't even let him kiss her.

William looked crushed, he bit his lip giving her a last look before he turned around and left.
Eleven by Buttercup
Buffy tried to avoid her best to avoid thinking on what had happened at the beach, and the best way she knew how to do that was to go back to her normal routine, so for the next few days she focused on that. It had been three days since Sunday and she hadn't heard or seen him at all. It didn't help the fact that she was trying to avoid him, and that she had been particularly busy organizing Sarah's party, which had given her the perfect excuse to spend a huge amount of time at Willows and Xander's place.

"Buffy are you ok?" Willow asked her friend that seem to be on a daze

"Yes I'm fine" She said trying to sound as cool as possible

"He still hasn't called huh?"

"No, but is not like I expect him to do it. I was the one that said that I didn't want to talk, so I can't really blame him. Besides I'm sure that by now he realized that I'm not worth the effort and he is already moved on"

"I don't think so. Buffy the guy told you he loves you, I doubt he would say that and move on to his next conquest"

"I know, I just don't know what to think anymore, I mean I had an amazing time with him, his nice, caring, fun not to mention gorgeous and an excellent kisser, who by the way seems to love my daughter"

"Buffy hello?? He sounds perfect"

"Exactly a little to perfect, besides I don't even know why he got divorced, he doesn't seem to be willing to talk about that"

"Give him some time"

"I know, in the mean time. What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know Buffy, but for a start you could stop hiding here, and talk to him. Didn't Sarah invite him to come over on Saturday? There's your excuse, take him the invitation"

"I don't know"

Buffy decided to take Willows advice and bring him the invitation, she was very nervous so she knocked shyly, she barely waited 5 seconds before slicing the envelope under the door and turning around, apparently he wasn't home, which was a relief , she wouldn't have to face him at least not now. As she was beginning to leave the door behind her opened

"Buffy?" William asked surprised. This past days hadn't been that much fun for him either, he could see she was avoiding him so he decided to give her some space.

"Oh, hi I thought you weren't home, I just stop by to bring you Sarah's invitation" Buffy couldn't help but realize that he was just wearing a towel around his waist and that he was all wet, and boy did he looked hot.

"I was at the shower" He said smiling at the obvious "would you like to come in?"

"Well, you see I have a million things to do"

"It would only take a second, come on in" He let her in. She finally got to see his place, it was decorated very neatly and simple.

"Ok"

"Please pet have a seat, I'll be back in a second. Can I offer you anything to drink?"

"No I'm fine, thanks anyway"

"Ok, be right back"

As he left the room she couldn't help but to follow him with her eyes, he looked so sexy and hot. A guy like that tells you that he loves you and you freak out? What's your problem? She could see he had a lot of books and movies. She found a couple of pictures one was of him surrounded by a couple of kids in the country, and other one of him and attractive older man, who she guessed it was his father.

"That's me and da" William said coming out of his room. He was now wearing jeans and a tight black t-shirt, his hair was still a little messy.

"Yes, that's what I thought, I can see the resemblance" As she said that she put the frame back where it was, she was feeling a little uncomfortable, how was she supposed to act.

"So how have you been?" He asked finally taking a seat

"Fine" She answered fast "and very busy" trying to justify the fact that she been avoiding him "Sarah's party is driving me crazy, and to think she is only 4 "

"Yeah" he said. There was an uncomfortable silence between them "you sure I can't offer you anything to drink? Some tea?"

"No, really. I should get going anyway, I need to go and order the cake. I left you the invitation under the door, the directions are on the back, if you have any questions, let me know. It begins at 11:00 am, but you don't have to get there that early, just stop by when ever you feel like it, Sarah would like that" Buffy said standing up and heading to the door

"Just Sarah?" He asked

"What?" She answered avoiding eye contact

"You said Sarah would like to have me there and I wonder if she is the only one?" He was trying to read into Buffy's actions, but it was hard to know what was really going on her mind.

"Of course not, I'll be glad you can join us, William. We'll see you Saturday, now if you excuse me" She said casually as she got up and start making her way to the door.

"Buffy wait!" He finally yelled

"What?"

"We can't keep doing this, we need to talk?" He really needed to get this out in the open, it just wasn't going to go away with time, and the longer he waited the worst it would get.

"We do?" She asked him crossing her arms and giving him a daring look.

"Bloody right we do! You been avoiding me for days and you are treating me so politely that I think I'm going to be sick" He said madly

"I'm sorry and how am I supposed to treat you then?"

"I don't know, but not like this. Look I know you freaked out about what I said at the beach, but pet there's no need for you to be. I mean is not such a big deal"

"Not a big deal? Are you kidding me? So that's normal for you, you go around telling girls you love them after a couple of dates. Well maybe that's how it works for you, but not with me I'm sorry" She was mad at him. So it was a pick up line?

"I didn't mean it like that, I don't go around and say those things to girls Buffy. I meant that I think I'm falling in love with you" He realized how wrong that came out and that she was mad at him, so he grabbed her shoulders softly and looking deep into her eyes, trying to prove her that his was sincere.

"No you don't" She said letting go of him

"How can you say that? You don't know me"

"Exactly I don't know you, and you don't know me, how can you say you love someone you don't even know"

"Pet, I don't know, I just know that ever since I met you and Sarah I realize that you are what I been looking for."

"That's the worst part you know?"

"What?"

"You are getting my daughter involved, I won't let you hurt her that way" Tears began forming in her eyes

"Hurt her? What are you talking about? I would never hurt the lil bit" He looked confused, he had no idea what she was talking about.

"You come and say you love her mom after you heard how much she likes you and needs a father, you promise that you'll be around, she gets all excited until one day you decided to move on with your life and she is left broken hearted" she tried to hide her tears

"What? Is that what you think I'll do?

"I don't know, but I can't risk it"

"Buffy luv are you talking about Sarah or you?" William said when he realized that she was using Sarah to let him know her true fears and emotions. He actually thought that was cute and touching.

"What? Sarah of course I'm a big girl, I know by now what to expect from life and men, but her she is just an impressionable little girl that thinks that she could actually get a daddy out of this" She was now crying, but still she wouldn't look at him

"Pet" As he said that he tried to reach for her, comfort her maybe, but she wasn't willing on letting him get close to her, because the moment he moved towards her, she moved away.

"Look William, I understand, you don't have any obligations with her or with me for that matter, you are free to do whatever you want, I never intended you to tie you up to a child. I'm just asking you don't do this." Buffy realized that she wasn't making much sense to him, but she couldn't really help it, she needed to let it out somehow

"Don't do what? Buffy what is that horrible thing that you claimed I've done to you? Saying that I love you? Since when is that a terrible cruel thing to say?" William looked confused, maybe he was missing something, because it really didn't make sense.

"It is when you don't mean it" She said, looking at him in the eyes for the first time

"Buffy luv, I meant it"

"No you didn't, how could you possible mean it"

"Let me prove it to you. Just give a chance"

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why me? I mean what's so attractive about me? I know this is not about getting laid, because honestly I doubt you have a hard time convincing any girl to sleep with you. But honestly William if that's what you wanted, you should have just said so, who knows I might have said yes, is not like I have never done it before, I'm not a saint you know? You thought you have to put up a little number with me, be nice to the kid, impressing the poor widow with fancy places and romance saying that you love me, to get me in bed. I'm not that naïve and I resent when people underestimate me, if all you wanted was a good fuck, you should have asked me, but how dare you get my daughter involved. I don't know your game maybe this is fun for you, maybe you are tired that you can get any girl you want with out much trouble, so you needed a challenge, well guess what? I'm not that hard to get either, I'm just a 24 year old regular girl with needs too, but when someone thinks I'm that stupid and that they need to tell me they love me. I hate when people take pity on me, I'm just." Buffy was crying so hard that she couldn't even finished talking

William tried to calm her down, but she moved, still he grabbed her and just held her. "Shh, shh there there pet, just let it out, let it all out" They stayed like that for about 20 minutes, until she calmed down. He knew now why she had been so terrified by his words, she didn't believe some one could actually love her enough to stick around. He had said it too soon and she didn't believe him, and honestly he couldn't blame her, she had every reason to think he didn't mean it. But he was determined to prove her that he was honest and that his intentions were sincere.

After a while Buffy let go of him and looked at him with her red puffy eyes.

"I have to go" She let go of him, and without even looking back, she left the apartment, leaving William standing there in the middle of the room.

"I'm going to win your heart Buffy" He said to himself
Twelve by Buttercup
Chapter 12

The next couple of days, Buffy didn't know what to think anymore- she had made a fool out of herself with him.

She was at class, helping the kids with an art project, when suddenly, she heard someone knocking on the door. She turned around to find a huge red rose bouquet.

"Miss Summers?"

"Yes, that's me."

"I have a delivery for you"

"Oh my goodness. Are those for me?"

"You are Buffy Summers, right?"

"Yes."

"Then these are for you. Could you please sign here?"

"Sure."

She reached for the card, and she opened it to find a note that said:

Pet:
I hope you are feeling better. I meant what I said, but I understand you need time. I'm just asking for a chance to win your heart.
I'll be out of town for a couple of days, but I'll see you Saturday morning.
Love,
William

She couldn't believe that he did that after how she treated him.

"Oh my God, Buffy, those are beautiful. I didn't know you had an admirer," a cute brunette standing at the door said to Buffy as she made her way in.

"Thanks, Fred," she responded, blushing, as she placed them at her desk and carefully put away the card.

"So, who is the guy? We are all dying to know."

"They are from a friend, a very good friend," she sighed.

"I understand, but he must be very special. I'm happy for you, Buffy. You deserve it. But I'm so jealous- I wish I could find a guy who would treat me like that."

"Thanks, Fred. By the way, you are going to Sarah's party on Saturday, right?"

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world. She is only like my favorite student."

"Great, I'll see you then."

"Ok, I better get back to class before my kids destroy the classroom."

"Ok."


Saturday morning, Buffy woke up at 5:30 am, partly because she needed to get everything ready, but mainly because she was excited to see William again. She hated to admit it, but she had really missed him these past days.

"Happy birthday, honey." She crawled into her daughter's bed, kissing her softly on the forehead.

"Mommy, is it my birthday already?" Sarah asked all sleepy but excited.

"Yes, baby, you are a big girl now." She hugged her and kissed her. "Now, you have to blow out your candle." She put a cupcake with pink frosting and a candle in front of her. Buffy watched excitedly as her little girl blew out the candle- she was so proud of her.

"Thanks, mommy. Can I wear my princess outfit now?"

"Yes, baby. Now, let's hurry up because we need to get ready. Today is a big day."

She got Sarah ready and took some time to pick out her own clothes. She decided to go with a denim mini-skirt and a white tank top. If they had asked her a couple of days ago what was she going to wear, she would have probably said some old overalls and tennis shoes, but she wanted to look nice.

As Buffy and Willow finished putting up the decorations, the two girls were running around in their princess outfits. Although it was only Sarah's birthday, she had insisted that Tara dressed as a princess, too. The first one was Beauty while the second was Cinderella.

As time passed, Buffy was getting more and more anxious. It was already 11:30 am, and William hadn't arrived. Willow noticed her friend looking at the clock for the third time in five minutes.

"He'll come, don't worry, Buffy."

"What? No, I'm not worried," Buffy said trying to hide her anxiety. "You really think he'll come?"

"Of course he will. Besides, it's still early. Just relax. Come on, let's go find my husband and get ourselves a beer."

"That sounds good."

They had no problem finding Xander- he was jumping on the trampoline, surrounded by a dozen kids.

"That's my guy, ladies and gentleman," Willow said to Buffy, pointing at Xander as they both laughed.

"Hey! What's up?" Xander said, hugging the two girls. "That thing is fun. Honey, do you think we can keep it?"

"Mmm.let's not, ok? I don't want to have to take you to the hospital at 3 in the morning because you fell off that thing," Willow said, kissing Xander on the cheek as she handed him a beer.

"Buffster, you are looking hot today! What's the occasion?"

"Me hot? Please, it's just that it's a sunny day."

"Is this about that English guy?"

"What English guy?"

"Come on, Buffy- I'm not that stupid. You like Captain Peroxide."

"Xander, I."

"It's ok, Buffy, but I'll be watching him closely. He better be good to you, or he will have to deal with me."

"Thanks, Xander."

Just when Buffy was finally thinking about something other than William since she was busy with the cake, she heard Sarah yelling.

"Willham!!"

Buffy felt her stomach falling down to her knees when she heard that. 'He came after all,' she thought as she turned to face him. He was walking in her direction, looking as handsome as usual, wearing jeans and a black tight t-shirt and sunglasses that made him look incredible sexy. He was carrying a very big box with a red ribbon.

"Willham, is that for me?" Sarah asked, excited, as she saw the huge wooden box in front of her.

"Yes, kitten, you are the birthday girl, aren't you?" William said to Sarah, kneeling down to hug her.

"Yes, I am," she said proudly.

"Hello, luv." He stood up to kiss Buffy gently on the cheek.

"Hi, William. I'm glad you could make it," she said with a smile on her face.

"Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

"Can I open my present??" Sarah demanded.

"May I? And of course, that is, if it's alright with William."

"Of course you may, ducks. This is for you. I hope you like it."

Sarah opened the wooden box with William's help just to find the cutest puppy ever looking at them with a red ribbon around his neck.

"A puppy!!!" Sarah screamed, full of excitement. "Look, mommy, a puppy."

"Oh my God!" Buffy screamed as well, not so excited- more like shocked.

"I'm glad you like it, kitten."

"I love it! Thank you thank you thank you!!" She hugged him and kissed him.

"My pleasure, poppet." He looked at Buffy's shocked face and felt the need to explain his present. "Don't worry, luv, the puppy will live with me if it's too much trouble. I never intended to cause you any trouble, pet."

"Well, it's not that I don't like it. It's just that, you know that I have no space," Buffy finally said. "Besides, it's a very nice gesture, but you really should have ask me first."

"I know, luv, and I'm sorry. It's just that I remember you telling me how much she wanted one, and I saw it and couldn't resist it." He gave her a puppy look that melted her, and she couldn't help but laugh at him.

"Fine. I mean, if I say no, I would be Cruella Deville, and you would be the hero. That's not playing fair, and you know it. But you are explaining to her that it's living with you and why."

"I know, I'm sorry, luv, but don't be mad at me. I couldn't bear it. Besides, you look so adorable today that you can't possibly be anything but nice."

"Ok, ok."

"Oh, I forgot, that's not all of the present. There's something else, kitten." He said to Sarah, who was hypnotized by the puppy.

"More? Another puppy?" she asked excitedly.

"Oh, no. Get that envelope that's on the bottom."

"William, you didn't need to get her anything else. That's more than enough," Buffy said to William, who didn't seem to care since he was as excited as Sarah was, digging in the box for more presents.

"What is it, mommy?" Sarah gave Buffy the envelope.

"Oh my God, this are 4 tickets to Disneyland," she said, excited. "Oh my God, William, this is too much. This must have cost you a fortune. We can't accept them."

"Disneyland!! Wow, mommy, I want to go to Disneyland."

"Don't worry about it, luv, it's totally worth it. Look at her," he said with a smile as he picked up the little girl that seemed to have stolen his heart.

"Well, thank you very much. Sarah, honey, what do you say to William?"

"Thank you, you are the best," Sarah said as she hugged him tight and kissed him on the cheek.

"Yes, you are," Buffy said to herself, but loud enough for him to hear, which made him really happy.

The party was going great, and the kids were totally excited about the puppy, who seemed more terrified than excited to have a dozen 4 year olds chasing him. Buffy was happy- not only did her daughter seem to be having a blast, but she had an amazing guy sitting right next to her.

"By the way, with all this, I forgot to thank you for the lovely flowers you sent me the other day." She blushed. "And I owe you an apology for my behavior the other day. That was."

"Don't worry about it, luv, it's all forgotten," he said, looking at her. She was looking incredibly beautiful that day, and the happiness in her look made her glow.

Suddenly, his cell phone rang. "Sorry, luv, I have to take this. Giles here. Yes, Wes, what is it? Right now? I'm in the middle of.fine, just stop by, and I'll sign them. The address is." When he was done, he went to look for Buffy, who was by the grill with Willow and Xander. He approached in silence when he realized what they were talking about.

"He seems nice, Buffy. Did you see all those presents? My God, he must really like you to go to so much trouble," Willow was telling her friend

"Yeah, I have to admit it, Buffy, the guy seems to really care about you. But that doesn't mean that I like him- he has to prove that he'll treat my two favorite Summers girls right before I give him the ok," Xander proudly said as he kept flipping the burgers.

"I know, but I'm afraid of how much I like him. He is too good to be true. I feel like suddenly this dream is going to pop. But he is great, and the way he treats Sarah, that's priceless."

He was happy to hear that he made a good impression around Buffy's friends. He knew how much they meant to her. But what he really loved was hearing from her mouth that she liked him a lot, although she still didn't trust him 100%.

"There you are, pet," he finally said as he approached her from her back.

"Hi, William, would you like a beer?" Buffy asked nervously, afraid of what he might have heard.

"Sure. Listen, pet, I need to ask your permission for something. Well, actually, I need your authorization, too." He looked at Willow and Xander.

"What's wrong?" they all said, worried.

"Oh, no, nothing is wrong. It's just that there was this complication at work, and I need to sign some documents urgently, and I asked a mate to bring them over here so I wouldn't have to leave the party. So I want to know if that's alright with you?"

"Sure, no problem" Willow responded quickly.

"Good. His name is Wesley, but I don't think you'll have a hard time recognizing him. He, too, is.English." As he finished that, they all laughed.

Wesley finally arrived, and him and William went inside to sign the papers and discuss some other stuff. Outside, Buffy was eating a cheeseburger with Willow and Fred.

"Buffy, may I ask you a question?"

"Sure, Fred, what is it?"

"Who is that guy talking to your William?"

"He is not mine." She blushed, but then she looked at Willow, who gave her a look and laughed. "At least not yet." They all laughed. " I think he is some guy from his work. Why? Do you like him?"

"Well, I mean, he looks so serious and intelligent."

"Do you want to meet him?"

"Oh no, that's alright. I was just asking."

"Come on, Fred, he looks cute, and he has the whole English thing going on. Besides, where are our manners if we didn't invite him over for a beer? Don't you think, Buffy?" Willow asked her friend excitedly. She loved playing matchmaker with her friends.

"Absolutely. Besides, it's her house, her rules, and I know she never lets anyone leave on an empty stomach," Buffy completed the thought. She knew Fred was too shy around guys, so she really needed all the help they could give her.

Buffy went inside with two beer bottles.

"Hi, I thought you might be a little thirsty, so I brought you this." She handed the beer bottles to the two men in front of her. She felt nice to see that both men changed their vocal tone and attitude as soon as she entered the room. Before, they looked all serious and mad, and now, they were both smiling at her.

"Buffy, let me introduce you to Wesley. He just got here from England. He works with me."

"Nice meeting you, Wesley. I'm Buffy Summers."

"My pleasure, Miss Summers, and thank you very much for your hospitality."

"Just call me Buffy. And I just wanted to let you know that you are more than welcome to join us outside. We have good food and friends out there, so whenever you both are finished, come outside."

"Thank you, pet, we will."

As soon as she left, Wesley turned to William, who still was looking at her leaving the room.

"You really like her?"

"More than you think. I think I might be in love with her."

"I'm glad, you deserve it after what you went through. She seems like a fine young woman."

"That she is, mate."

They spent the rest of the evening talking and having fun. Fred and Wesley had a connection right away. Xander kept everybody laughing with his jokes and funny faces, while almost like school kids, Buffy and William held hands under the table. As night began to show, Buffy realized it was time to get going, but when she went to get Sarah, they realized both girls were already asleep. She tried to wake her up, but Willow insisted that there was no need to do so, that the best thing would be just to leave her there. Besides, she knew that she could use some child-free time.

"Come on, luv, I'll take you home," William said as he put his arm around her waist.

"But you brought your car, Buffy, didn't you?" Xander asked and received a punch in the stomach by Willow, as well as a very dirty look from her and Buffy. "What. oh," he finally said, embarrassed.

William couldn't help but smile at that scene. It's not that Xander meant anything wrong- he was just not that smart when it came to getting a hint.

Fred and Wesley were leaving, too. They really liked each other and had already set a date to go out for coffee.

"I'll go get the puppy, Buffy. I'll meet you at the car. Xander, Red, a pleasure. I had a lovely time. I hope you don't mind if we take Tara along to Disneyland. I'm sure that she would have a great time."

"Sure, and thank you. It was nice to have you here. You're welcome back any time," Willow said.

As he left, Willow and Buffy hugged each other and whispered something in the other's ears before Xander hugged her and wished her a good time. "And don't worry about picking up Sarah early tomorrow. Just have a good time and relax," Willow finished.

"I will. Thank you, guys," Buffy said before she left to meet the guy of her dreams, who was already waiting for her outside the car, looking gorgeous.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's note: Thank you for your kind reviews, I know you have been waiting for chapter 13 for a while, but real life got in the way, but i promise you that you'll have it soon just be patient. Thank you so much, everytime I read a review it makes me so happy :)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=7809