The Fundraiser by nummytreats
Summary: Ever wonder how the scoobies manage to buy all their books and weapons? The gang decides to raise some money with help from some old friends. Please review.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 7507 Read: 59168 Published: 02/17/2005 Updated: 03/15/2005

1. Needs by nummytreats

2. Help by nummytreats

3. Chapter3 by nummytreats

4. Auditioning by nummytreats

5. Life in LA by nummytreats

Needs by nummytreats
Author's Notes:
Please review this story and tell me what you think. I seriously need feedback. I may or may not continue with this story. What do you think?
A/N:This idea came to me before I fell asleep one night. I don't know if anyone would be interested.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“Giles, we have a serious problem.” Buffy said barging into Giles’s apartment with out knocking.

“When don’t we have a serious problem. I could swear something new shows up every week.” he said coming out of the kitchen. Buffy walked further into Giles’s apartment and sat down on his couch.

“Yeah, well, I have to agree with you there. Okay, so I was out patrolling and I’m staking a few vamps when I here something behind one of the crypts. There I see this blue and purple standing there holding somebody against the wall. I walk forward a little more and this thing turns and looks at me. It had orange eyes. I pulled out the axe that I was carrying with me preparing to fight. Multicolor demon drops the person from the wall and I finally notice who is. Spike. I saved Spike.” she shook her head a little in disgust.

“Anyway, I start to fight the demon thing hand to hand. When I finally find an opening I swing the axe at his neck. And it didn’t do anything. I broke my best axe on that bastard’s neck.” she said.

“So, I’m guessing both this demon and the newly arrived Spike escaped.” Giles said.

“Well, duh.” she said walking over to where she stored her weapons. “Giles, we’re running seriously low on weapons. We need to get some new ones.”

“I know. We don’t have any money to buy any new weapons. I don’t have any money to buy new books either.” he said taking his glasses off and cleaning them like usual.

“So what you’re trying to say is that if we don’t find this new demon in one of your books, then we’re shit out o’ luck.” she said.

“I don’t think I would have worded it quite like that, but yes, that’s what I was going to say.” he said.

“Giles what are we going to do? We can’t get weapons and books from the council anymore, and neither one of us has a job. We really are screwed.” she said sitting back down on the couch. “I think we need to have a Scooby meeting.” she said.

“I think your right.”

///////////////////////

Willow and Xander showed up a half an hour later. Oz had shown up on his own. Willow and Oz had broken up, but were still friends and he was still considered part of the Scooby gang.

“So what the urgency?” Willow asked.

“Well, the reason we asked everyone here is so we could think of something to do for money?”

“Okay, so not liking the sound of that.” Xander said.

“We need money for books and weapons since we’re not getting them from the council anymore.” Buffy said.

“So you want us to help you with fund raisers.” Oz said.

“Yeah, pretty much. I broke my best axe tonight and we’ve got a new demon that may not be in one of the books we have.”

“Wow, I never thought that you guys quitting the council would leave us without sources.” Willow said.

“So, um, do you guys have any ideas?” Buffy said hoping for help.

“Um, there’s always the car wash. Bathing suits and water equals much fun to be had.” Xander suggested.

“Yeah, we could do that, but what are we going to say we’re doing it for?” Giles asked.

“Um, baseball team?” Xander tried.

“I don’t think that would work too well.” Willow said looking around at the group.

“How about some kind of performance?” Oz said.

“That’s not a bad idea. We could say that we are theater group and have people pay to come to the performance. Just one problem.” Willow said

“What?” Giles said liking the idea.

“I’m deathly afraid of performing infront of people, remember.” Willow said.

“How ‘bout the rest of you? Would you be willing to do it?” Giles asked looking at the others. Oz nodded his head and Xander shrugged. Giles looked at Buffy.

“I’ll do whatever I have to, no matter how much I don’t like it.” she said.

“I’ll do it, too. Willow since you don’t want to perform, would you like to direct and audition people?” Giles said, making sure that Willow would still be able to participate.

“That sounds like fun. I’d get to boss you guys around.” Willow said with a big smile.

“Okay, so it’s settled. We’re putting on a show. Now what kinda show do we want to do?” Giles said taking over the meeting.

“Um, a play?” Buffy said.

“That could be fun. We still want to have fun right?” Xander said.

“Of course we still want to have fun.” Willow said.

“How about a musical?” Oz suggested. “We could get some local musicians to play the music and it might draw more people out.”

“That’s a really good suggestion.” Willow said.

“Would we all be willing to sing on stage?” Buffy asked around the room. Everyone nodded.
“Wow this looks like this might not be such a chore. Now the big question. What musical should we do?”

Everyone’s eyes met at that moment, knowing exactly what they were going to do from there many nights of watching movies together.

“Guys and Dolls!”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Please review. Is there anything you think I should include? Be honest. Thanks.
Help by nummytreats
A/N: This story doesn't really take place in any season. I just threw together the characters. Thanks to Songgal1 for your idea.

“Okay, first of all we need to figure out who’s going to do what.” Giles said.

“I think that if we want to look like a legit group we need to have auditions, not to mention I don’t think that we have enough people os of now.” Willow said.

“That’s the best idea. First we need to figure out what we are going to do. We know that Willow is going to be director. What are the characters?” Giles said getting out a piece of paper to write some thing down. “We know Sarah, Sky, Nathan, Adelaide, Uncle Arvide, Nicely - Nicely Johnson, and.... that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.” Giles said looking at his list.

“I think Buffy should be Sarah. Xander could be Nathan... but I think he would do better as Nicely. Giles would be perfect as Arvide, Sarah’s loving uncle. What do you think so far?” Willow asked. Everyone was looking at her in awe. Suddenly she had taken control of the show without even knowing it. Everyone nodded at her and she gave them all a big smile.

“Now, what about the other leads?” Giles said. Everyone shrugged. “Well.. I know that you’re probably not going to like this idea but I heard that Cordelia moved to LA. Maybe we could call her and see if she would do it.”

“Look, I never like Cordy, but she might be willing to it and we need people who know what we’re doing this for so we don’t have to be too secretive.” Willow said.

“I like the idea. She would be good as the annoying Adelaide.” Xander said.

“Great, now all we have to do is think about the male leads.” Buffy said. She looked around at the others. “But I think we should all head home, so we can have time to think of some more ideas.” she continued. Everyone nodded and got up and started to leave. “I think we should meet again tomorrow to figure the rest out. I’ll call you guys.” Buffy called as the others headed out the door. As soon as the door closed Buffy turned to Giles. “Well, that is NOT what I had planned coming out of this meeting.”

“I have to agree. I do believe it to be a good idea though. I think we all need to have a little fun. Now, why don’t you go home and get some rest. I’ll stay up and try to contact Cordelia.” Giles said walking Buffy to the door. He gave her a hug and opened the door for her.

“Thanks, Giles. You really are the best.” she said then turned around and walked away.

Giles walked over to his desk and grabbed the phone. He sat down and started to dial the phone.

“Directory. How may I help you?” a woman said.

“I need a phone number for Cordelia Chase in Los Angeles.” Giles said scribbling on a piece of paper.

“Just one moment, sir, while I connect you with the computer.” the operator said. The phone clicked over as the computer started to call out the phone number.

Giles hung up the phone and walked into the kitchen to get a drink. When he came back to the desk he had a glass and a bottle of scotch. He downed the one glass of the amber liquid before picking the phone up to make the dreaded phone call.

“Hello?” Cordelia answered.

“Is this Cordelia?” Giles asked.

“Giles! Oh my...” she trailed off before changed her tone. “Giles, how may I help you?” she asked more professionally.

“Cordelia, we’ve known each other to long to be that professional.” Giles said.

“Okay.” she sighed. “So, how are things in Sunnydale?” she asked. She really missed the small town.

“Same as usual. Actually the reason I called is because we need your help.” Giles said hoping to reel her in.
“You need MY help?” she asked.

“Yes. We are doing a show here so we can get some money for weapons and books. We were wondering if you would be willing to come back here and be in it?” Giles asked.

“Why are you guys so broke?”

“We don’t get supplies from the Council anymore. We need the money. Will you help us?” he asked again.

“Um..I’ll have to ask Angel if he’ll let me off.” she said.

“What are you talking about?” Giles asked completely confused.

“I work for Angel. He opened his own investigation business.” Cordelia informed him.

“Do you think that you could get him to come too? We have a demon that we’ve never dealt with before.” he said.

“I’ll ask him. We haven’t had a lot of business, so I’m sure he’ll say yes. Of course, Wesley would have to come too.”

“Please bring as many people as possible, we need them.” Giles said.

“I’ll see what I can do. If we can come we’ll be there tomorrow.” Cordelia said.

“Thank you, Cordelia.” Giles said.

“No problem. I’m actually kinda glad that I can come back to Sunnydale. By the way, what show are you putting on?”

“Guys and Dolls.” Giles said.

“A musical. I love that musical. I so don’t care what Angel says I’m coming now. Can I be Adelaide? I love Adelaide.” she said getting excited.

“That’s what we were hoping.” he said with a smile. “Cordelia, I must say that you’ve changed. You seem so much more mature.”

“Yeah, well, I’ve seen a lot here in LA. I kinda had no choice.” she said.

“Look, I’ll let you go and I’ll see you tomorrow.” he said.

“Okay, Giles. Bye and it was good to hear from ya.” she said hanging up the phone.

He sat there amazed at how well the conversation had gone. Things never went this well. He only hoped that things kept going this well.

///////////////////////

BANG!!!!!!

Giles shot up straight out of bed. “What the bloody hell was that?” he said out loud. He heard the sound again accept this time a little softer. He jumped out of bed and put on a t-shirt, glad that he wore pajama pants to bed.

He walked down the stairs and stood at the bottom trying to locate the sound. He heard it again coming from the front door. He walked over to the front door and looked out the peep hole. He saw nothing but sunlight. He stood back from the door and threw the door open.

“Hey watcher, please let me in.” Spike said hovering as close to the door as possible.

“Spike? Why the hell would I let you into my house?” he asked grabbing a stake that was on the desk.

“Because I need help. I haven’t killed anybody for months and I’m not going to start with you. You’re the only person I could think of. Please” Spike whispered slowly sliding down the side of the doorframe. He looked paler that usual and his usually slicked back hair looked like it hadn’t been touched for years. He looked skinny, like he hadn’t eaten for months, proving that he wasn’t lying.

“Spike, you can come in. But I will stake you if you try anything.” Giles said taking a step away from the door. Spike didn’t move. “Spike, come in.” Giles repeated. Spike still didn’t move. Giles took a step closer to Spike and bent down. “Spike!” Giles yelled. Spike didn’t move. “Shit, now I have to drag you into my house.” Giles picked up Spike and drug him into the apartment putting him on the couch. Giles went and closed the door, then picked up the phone and called Buffy.

“Buffy, I need you to come over here. Spike showed up at my door asking for help, then blacked out. He might know something about that demon from last night.” Giles said never taking his eyes off of Spike’s form.

“Did you let him into the house?” Buffy asked.

“Yes. Can you please come over here?” Giles asked again.

“I’ll be there in a minute. Give him some pigs blood and try to wake him up.” Buffy said hanging up the phone.

“Great.” Giles said walking into the kitchen, taking out a bag of blood and putting it in the microwave. When Giles walked into the living room with the blood, Spike eyes opened slightly and went into game face. Giles sat the mug of blood on the coffee table and walked over to where he had set his stake. When Giles turned to face the couch, he saw Spike struggling to sit up. Giles walked slowly to the side of the couch.

“I could use some help here Rupert.” Spike said hoarsely.

“I’m kind of enjoying watching you struggle.” Giles said.

“Fuck, Rupert, I need help. Please.” he said.

“What’s wrong with you? I never thought the infamous William the Bloody would ever need the help of the Slayer.” Giles said.

“Yeah, well. Desperate times call for desperate measures.” Spike said lying back down, all of his energy drained.

“So, why are you so desperate?” Buffy said from the door.

“Buffy, I didn’t hear you come in.” Giles said.

“I made it here as fast as possible.” Buffy said moving to stand beside Giles. “So, Spike, I ask again. Why are you so desperate?”

Spike sighed, too exhausted to fight with Slayer now. “Dru cursed me. I found her in Brazil, shackin’ up with a Chaos Demon. She started talking and all the sudden I felt...different.”

“What did she do to you?” Giles asked fascinated.

“She gave me my bloody soul back.”

A/N: Please review. I love to read what people think about my story. Love it, Hate it. Tell me.
Chapter3 by nummytreats
Author's Notes:
Please Review. I love reviews. Also, I couldn't think of a name for this chapter, so if you can think of one please tell me.
Buffy and Giles looked at Spike with a mixture of emotions: disbelief, curiosity, humor, and pity.

“Could one of you bloody well say something? Or at least help me so I can get some of that blood.” Spike said getting irritated with the situation. Giles gave in and walked over to Spike and helped him sit up. He gave Spike the mug of blood and watched while he drank the rich liquid in one gulp. Spike immediately felt better. “Thanks, Rupes. I’ve been feeding on rat since I’ve been trying to get back here.”

“Why should we believe you?” Buffy asked, moving to stand in front of him.

“Why else would I be here? If I had wanted to kill you and the watcher here I would have already done it.” Spike said.

“He has a point. But I want to know is, what do you think we can do for you?” Giles said going into watcher mode.

“I was hoping you could find out what kind of spell she did?” he said trying to ignore the looks of disbelief coming from Buffy.

“What makes you think you have your soul back?” Buffy asked.

“Because I’ve been reliving every fucking thing that I’ve done in the past. I hurt when I think about it and it makes me sick. It still get memories and the pain, but it eased up a few weeks ago. That’s when I headed here.”

“Oh, poor Spikey. Feeling sorry for himself. And now he needs our help.” Buffy said.

He looked at Buffy for a few moments. “Why do you have to be such a bitch all the time? That’s the last thing I need right now. I just need some help.” He looked at Giles and continued to speak. “Will you help me, watcher? Seems like the Slayer here’s not so happy about the thought.”

Giles looked from Spike to Buffy, who was glaring at Spike. “I’ll help you. But I want you to do something us.” Giles said.

///////////////////////

Buffy strolled through the streets of town, later that night, headed toward one of the many cemeteries she patrolled in. When she reached the entrance to the cemetery, she stopped. She stood there for a few minutes with her eyes closed, opening her senses, trying to sense any new vampires.

“Damn it, slayer. Could you’ve walked any faster. If I didn’t know better, I would think you were trying to get away from me.” Spike said walking up behind her.

“Why the hell did you follow me? Couldn’t you just go home.” Buffy said whipping around to face Spike.

“Sorry, pet. Rupes and I had a deal. I help with patrolling, he helps me. Trust me, it’s not because of your glorious attitude toward me.” he said walking past her and through the gates of the graveyard.

“Look, Spike. Just stay out of my way. I don’t want you to get me killed ‘cause your obligated to ‘help’.” Buffy said running to catch up with him.

Spike stopped and turned toward her. “Oh, get off your high horse. You know your going to need my help once your little ‘fundraiser’ starts.” Buffy’s head jerked up, her eyes wide. Spike smirked at the shocked look on her face. “Didn’t think I knew about that did you? Rupes told me all about it, while you went home to change. Your little team of friends is broke, and you’re putting on a show to get some. I must say. I never thought that I would ever stay around long enough to see you make that big of an ass out of yourself.”

“Fuck off. I don’t know why Giles agreed to help you. You’re a pain in the ass.” she said staring him down. Suddenly she saw movement over his shoulder. “Thank God.”

“What?” he asked.

“Behind you. Vampires.” Buffy said pushing past Spike to get to the group of vamps. The group stood there looking at Spike and Buffy.

“Slayer.” the group said in unison.

Buffy and Spike looked at each other and smiled, suddenly a team in the soon to be fight. Buffy laughed and turned back to the group. “Wow, did you practice that or do you guys share only one brain?”

With that the group launched themselves at the blonds. The first vamp that attacked Buffy didn’t’ even get the chance to fight before being staked. The second vamp put up more of a fight. Buffy was able get a few punches in before he got the upper hand. Spike, for the first time in a long time, was having fun. He hadn’t been in a fight for the last few months. He had already dusted two of the vamps and was working on his third. Spike finally found an opening and staked the vamp. At the same time Buffy landed on the ground. She grabbed the stake that had fallen from her hand earlier and put between herself and the not-so-smart vamp that threw itself onto her, effectively dusting itself. Spike walked over and offered her a hand up. She stood and smiled at him before she could stop herself.

“Good fight, Slayer.” Spike said.

“Not so bad yourself.” Buffy said. Buffy stared at him for a moment before sighing. “Look, Spike. You were right. I will need your help. I still don’t like you, but right now, I’m not hating you either.” Buffy said as she held out her hand. “Truce.”

Spike looked from her hand to her face and held eye contact with her as he accepted her hand.

“Truce.” he said with a smile. “Ready to find some more vamps.”

“Definitely.”

Buffy and Spike continued to walk in comfortable silence. Spike was the first to finally speak.

“So, watcher, says your putting on a show.” he said.

Buffy looked at him. “Yeah. What about it?” she said defensively.

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to make fun, pet. I just wanted to know what show you’re going to put on?” he said.

“Guys and Dolls.” she said looking around.

“Wow. That’s a great musical.” he said.

“You watch musicals?” Buffy said in a disbelieving tone.

“When you spend all day indoors, you have to find something to watch. So, yes, I watch musicals. Seen it on Broadway a couple of times too.” Spike said.

“Wow, really. That’s so cool.” Buffy said. “Willows going to be our director, since she doesn’t like to act. She gets to handle auditions and stuff.”

“So, what part are you going to play, pet?” Spike asked.

“Sarah.” Buffy said simply.

“Wow. I kinda had you pegged as Adelaide.” Spike said.

“Oh, and why’s that?” she asked.

“Well, you are kinda a dits.” Spike said.

Buffy stopped and stared at Spike for a moment before speaking. “Have you ever been in a musical?”

Spike stopped as well and looked at her, wondering why she hadn’t been offended by his comment. “No, the idea doesn’t appeal to me.” he shrugged.

“Oh. Look I think we should get back to Giles’s.” she said as she started to walk in that direction. Spike followed her, not speaking again.

///////////////////////

Buffy entered Giles’s apartment without knocking, Spike following her in.

“Buffy, I’m glad you’re here. Cordy showed up earlier.” Giles said motioning toward Cordelia.

“As I can see. But what are Angel and Wesley doing here.” Buffy asked.

“Giles asked us to come as well.” Wesley answered.

“Oh. Well, I’m glad you could come.” Buffy said without any emotion.
“Now I have a question.” Angel said. “What the hell is he doing here?” he asked pointing at Spike.

“Hello to you too, Peaches.” Spike said sarcastically. “And the reason I’m here, is because Rupes agreed to help me. Seems your not the only one around with a soul now.” he said with a smile knowing how much Angel was going to hate this.

“Bullshit.” Angel said.

“‘fraid it’s true.” Spike said sitting down on the stairs.

“How?” Angel asked.

“You’re favorite childe, Drucilla.” Spike spat out.

Angel stood there for a few minutes before turning to Giles. “I’ll still help.”

“You’re going to help. What? Are you going to be in the show?” Buffy said laughing a little.

“Actually, he is. As is Wesley and Cordy.” Giles said.

“Oh, that’s a bloody riot.” Spike said laughing loudly.

Buffy turned and scowled at him, before turning back to Giles with a smile. “Giles, Spike said earlier that he wanted to help.” she said. “I think he should be in the show too.” Spike immediately stopped laughing.

“Oh, bloody hell.”


A/N: Please Review. Pretty Please.
Auditioning by nummytreats
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the dialogue or song lyrics written. All are taken from 'Guys and Dolls'.

A/N: The dotted lines are where scenes begin and end. Double plus signs are when songs begin and end. Please tell me if it's hard to understand, and I'll change the format.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Attention!!!

Rosenberg Theater Group, in conjunction with Angel Theater Group, are holding auditions for a ‘Guys and Dolls’ being shown in Sunnydale. Both men and women will be needed. Acting, dancing, and singing are recommended but not required. Auditions will be held at the Magic Box on Wednesday, from noon to 8 pm. Please call 555-8733 if you have any questions. Thank you.

///////////////////////

Buffy, Willow and Giles sat in the Magic Box talking about the people that auditioned earlier that day. Luckily, most of the people that had come to audition had either acting or singing experience.

“Can you believe that Jonathan showed? I always thought that he was so shy, then he comes in and he can really act. He could be a really good Benny Southstreet. What do you think?” Willow rambled.

“Sounds good. I still can’t believe that Angel actually wants to be in the musical. I hope he can pull off playing Nathan.” Buffy said.

“Well, Nathan doesn’t really have to have a great voice, he just has to be able to act.” Giles said not really sure why he was defending Angel.

“Giles, you really surprised me. I didn’t know you could play the piano.” Buffy said nodding toward the piano that sat next to the wall.

“That’s a hidden talent. I’ve been playing since I was five. It’s good for us, because we don’t have to pay someone to come in and play the songs for us.” Giles said.

Just then they heard someone walk through the door. A sandy blond boy in khakis and a blue plaid shirt walked through the door and looked around.

“Is this where I audition?” he asked.

“Yes.” Willow said standing and holding her hand out. “My name’s Willow Rosenberg and you would be?” she asked politely.

“Riley. Riley Finn.” he said shaking her hand.

“Cool. Do you have any experience?” Willow asked going into director mode.

“I’ve acted a little bit. I was in ‘Death of a Salesman’ once. I thought that this would be fun to do.” he said staring at Buffy.

“Well, why don’t you read for us. Buffy, here, is going to be Sarah. All the men that have come in have been reading for Sky, so you’ll read for Sky as well.” Willow said handing Riley a script that was marked. “Have you seen this musical before?” she asked.

“Yeah, it’s my favorite.” he said with a smile.

“There’s a song at the end of the of the scene that you’ll sing with Buffy as well. You should know it. Giles will play for you.” Willow said.

“Great.” he said looking at his script and reading through it. “Okay, I’m ready.” he said. Buffy stood and walked to stand next to him.

As soon as she said her first line she was on autopilot. She listened to him read his lines. ‘I thought he said he could act. Doesn’t he know that he’s supposed to be cool not all uptight. He sucks.’ she thought as she read. ‘I can’t wait to hear him sing.’

Buffy gradually got more irritated with the man that was auditioning next to her. As soon as he started to sing Buffy made a face at Willow.

“Thank you.” Willow yelled over the piano and Riley’s screeching. “We’ll let you know. Just fill out this form and we’ll give you a call.”

“Buffy, can I talk to you for a minute?” Riley said grabbing the paper to fill out. Buffy nodded and followed him over to the counter. “I was wondering if you’d want to go out some time?” he asked shyly.

“Oh, Riley, I don’t think so. I’m not dating right now.” Buffy said looking around for a way out of the conversation.

Riley wasn’t going to give up. “How ‘bout coffee?” he asked.

“Let me think about it. I’ll give you a call if I want to, okay?” she said making eye contact with Willow hoping she would save her. “Look, Willow needs my help. See ya around.” she said walking back over to Willow.

Riley finished filling out his information form and handed it to Willow and left without another word.

“God, I didn’t think he’d ever leave. He actually asked me out.” Buffy said resting her forehead against the table. “And he was horrible. I think he’s the worst we’ve seen today.” Buffy added.

“I know. I don’t know who lied to him, but I think we need to find them and hurt them. Badly.” Willow said.

“Too bad he didn’t make your ears bleed, pet.” Spike said standing at the basement door. “Then he would’ve been a demon and you could’ve killed him. That would’ve one hell of an audition.” he said walking into the store.

“Spike, what are you doing here? And how, exactly, did you get here?” Buffy said smiling at the Spike’s joke.

“I’m here to audition for the musical that I was forced to do. And I traveled through the sewers and came through the basement.” he said hopping up on the counter. “So, what do I have to do to audition?” he said looking at Willow.

“Well, since you’re here, I guess you can read and sing for us.” she said handing him a script.

He looked at it for a few moments before handing it back to Willow. “Okay, where do you want me?”


“Um, don’t you need the script.?” Willow said looking confused.

“Nope, got it all memorized. So where do I stand?” he asked again.

“Next to Buffy. You’ll do the scene together and the song.” she said nodding her head toward Buffy who was getting up to begin. “Buffy, start whenever you’re ready.”

==================================================

Buffy: I now realize, Mr. Gambler, when you were describing the blackness of your heart, you didn’t do yourself justice.

Spike: And I now realize, Sister Sarah, that no matter how beautiful a Sergeant is, she’s still a Sergeant.

Buffy: Please go away.

Spike: Why don’t you change your pitch, Sarge - Come to the Mission one and all, except Guys. I hate Guys.

Buffy: I don’t hate anybody.

Spike: Except me. I am relieved to know that it’s just me personally and not all guys in general. It is nice to know that somewhere in the world there’s a guy who might appeal to the Sergeant. I wonder what this guy will be like?

Buffy: He will not be a gambler.

Spike: I am not interested in what he will not be - I am interested in what he will be.

Buffy: Don’t worry. I’ll know -
++For I've imagined every bit of him
To the strong moral fiber to the wisdom in his head
To the home-y aroma of his pipe.++

Spike: ++You have wished yourself a Scarsdale Galahad
The breakfast-eating, Brooks-brothers type.++

Buffy: ++Yes, and I shall meet him when the time is right.++

Spike: You've got the guy all figured out.

Buffy: I have.

Spike: Including what he smokes. All figured out, huh?

Buffy: All figured out.
++I'll know when my love comes along
I won't take a change.
I'll know he'll be just what I need
Not some fly-by-night Broadway romance.
And you'll know at a glance by the two-pair of pants.
I'll know by the calm steady voice
Those feet on the ground.
I'll know as I run to his arms
That at last I've come home safe and sound.
Until then, I shall wait.
Until then, I'll be strong.
Oh, I'll know, when my love comes along.++

Spike: No, no, no! You are talking about love! You can't dope it like that. What
are you picking, a guy or a horse?

Buffy: I wouldn't expect a gambler to understand.

Spike: Would you like to hear how a gambler feels about the big heart throb?

Buffy: No!

Spike: Well, I'll tell you.
++Mine will come as a surprise to me.
Mine I lead to chance and chemistry.++

Buffy: Chemistry?

Spike: Yeah, chemistry.
++Suddenly I'll know when my love comes along
I'll know then and there
I'll know at the sight of her face
How I care, how I care, how I care
And I'll stop. And I'll stare.
And I'll know long before we can speak
I'll know in my heart.
I'll know and I won't ever ask
Am I right, am I wise, am I smart. And I'll stop. And I'll stare.
At that face. In the throng.
Yes, I'll know when my love comes along ++

Buffy: ++I'll know++

Both: ++When my love comes along.++

==================================================

Buffy and Spike hadn’t noticed that Giles had stopped playing the piano so he could watch them. The lines and lyrics seemed to come natural from them. Throughout the song they had gotten closer to each other. As soon as Buffy had finished singing her last note, Spike knew exactly what to do. He reached his had out and caressed her cheek. He slowly leaned down and kissed her. It was meant to be a stage kiss, but as soon as their lips met, they both wanted more. Spike pulled back realizing that they were still supposed to be acting. He turned around and walked away a little. Buffy suddenly became aware of her surroundings. She slowly walked toward Spike.

==================================================

SLAP!!!!!!!!!

Spike: I’ll drop in again in case you want to take a crack at the other cheek.

==================================================

Buffy and Spike stared at each other. Suddenly they heard clapping. They turned around to see Willow and Giles clapping. Willow moved toward the two blonds.

“I think we just found ourselves a Sky.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Please Review. Pretty Please.
Life in LA by nummytreats
Author's Notes:
I rewrote a small part of this chapter. I continued to reread this chapter and decided to change something. Please tell me what you think.
“What?! No. I don’t want a lead.” Spike said surprised that they would trust him with a role like that.

“Spike, I’m the director of this show and I get to choose who gets to do what. You obviously have the script memorized. And you were great just now.”

“Really?” he said looking down at the ground shyly as he scratched the back of his neck. “Um..well..I guess. I just didn’t think that you’d give met that big of a responsibility, Red.” He turned to look at Giles. “Do you think this is a good idea, Rupes?”
“I agree with whatever decision Willow makes. And I, personally, think that she made a good decision just now.” Giles said walking over and giving Spike a hand shake.

Spike turned and looked at Buffy. “Buffy, do you think we can hold that truce long enough to get this little show done?”

Buffy didn’t answer him. She was in a daze. ‘God, that kiss. It was just a peck but the electricity I felt with him. Damn. But... I can’t feel anything with him. He’s a vampire... But, Angel’s a vampire and I loved him, but he had a soul... But, Spike has a soul now, too. He probably doesn’t feel anything for me anyway.’

“Buffy, pet?” Spike said waving a hand in front of her face.

“Huh?” she said finally snapping out of her daze.

“Do you think we can get along for this show?” he said.

“Um..yeah. I think we can manage that.” Buffy said looking at everyone in the room and smiling.

“Great. Cause our only other choice was Riley.” Willow said sitting back down in the chair she had occupied earlier.

“If I never see him again I’d be a very happy woman.” Buffy said trying to block out the memory of the boys attempt at singing.

“I know something else that would make you a very happy woman.” Buffy heard from behind her. She turned around to see Spike standing right behind her. Apparently nobody else in the store had heard him, except her. Buffy looked up at the man standing before her. They locked eyes and neither could turn away.

“Buffy, I think were all done here.” Giles said walking behind the stores counter. “You can go home now if you’d like.”

“Okay, I think that’s a good idea.” Buffy said never tearing her eyes away from Spike’s. Finally she turned to face Giles. “I’ll see ya tomorrow.” Then she went over to Willow and gave her a hug. “You did good today, Wills. I call ya later.” Buffy opened the door and looked at Spike once again before walking out and closing the door behind her.

///////////////////////

“Feelings. Woah, Woah. Feelings.” Buffy sang as she walked through the graveyard later that night.

“I hope you’re not trying sneak upon any of the nasties out here, pet.” Spike said stepping out from behind a tree. “They’ll definitely hear you coming from a mile away.”

“Was I singing? I didn’t even realize it.” Buffy said looking down at the ground embarrassed. She had thought about their kiss since she left the store.

“Yeah, pet. That might not be the smartest thing to do. Mind if I join you?” he asked walking to stand next to her.

“Sure, Spike. We’re going to have to get along, so we might as well start with patrolling.” Buffy said as she started to walk. “This whole situation is strange, ya know. I mean, how do we go from mortal enemies one day and patrol buddies the next?”

“Well, pet. Apparently Dru thought that’s what was supposed to happen.”

“What do ya mean?” she asked stopping and leaning on a tombstone.

“She told me a long time ago that we wouldn’t be together forever. That something would change in me and I would join the light. Before she cursed me, she said it was time. Now I know what she meant. That’s the conclusion I came to earlier today.” Spike explained.

“Good conclusion. God, this is the last cemetery tonight and I haven’t slayed one vamp. I think I’m just going to go home.” she said starting to walk home. She stopped and turned toward him. “Would you like to come and have some tea or something?” she asked.

“Um.. sure.” he said as they started walking toward her house. After a while, Spike spoke again. “So why were you so shocked to see Peaches the other night? I thought I’d never see you two apart again.”

“He moved to LA after we blew up the school. Said it was for the best. I think I should’ve been the one to move to LA since I miss it every once in a while.” Buffy said letting them into her house.

“Miss it?” Spike asked confused.

“Yeah. That’s where I lived when I became the Slayer. Tea? Coffee?” she asked looking in the cabinets.

Spike situated himself onto one of the stools that sat at the kitchen island. “Tea’s fine. Why’d you move to good, ole Sunnydale then?”

“Got kicked out of my old high school. After Merrick convinced me that I was the Slayer, I didn’t do so well in classes. Then Lothos goes and attacks me at the Spring Formal. He had this whole thrall thing that he used on me.” Buffy explained while boiling water for their tea.

“Pet, you’re going to have to explain some things to me. Who was Merrick? And you got kicked out of school because you didn’t do well in classes? I don’t believe that’s the only reason.”

“Okay, not the only reason. My first watcher, Merrick, killed himself so Lothos, the vamp that was after me at that time, couldn't find out my identity. I got really sad and kinda rebelled. I decided I was going to go to my dance no matter what. I was supposed to go with my boyfriend, but he ended up taking one of my friend instead. Anyways, vamps took over the dance while I went and found Lothos. He used his thrall on me but I fought that off. We ended up having a huge fight in the middle of the gym where the dance was being held. I ended up burning down the gym and they kicked me out.” Buffy told her story while fixing their tea.

“Damn, Slayer, history repeated itself, didn’t it.” Spike said smiling.

“More than you know.” she said sitting a mug in front of him.

“Meaning?” Spike asked.

“Let me go change and I’ll explain when I get back.” Buffy said walking out of the kitchen.

‘What the hell am I supposed to do. I already think about her all the time and now I’ll be with her every hour of every day. Doesn’t matter, she could never like anyone like me.’ Spike thought as he sat there staring at his tea.

“You just gonna stare at your tea or are you going to drink it?” Buffy said walking into the kitchen and sitting across from him.

Spike looked up and smiled. “Just thinking, pet. So, what did you mean when you said ‘more than you know’.”

“Jeff, my first boyfriend, completely changed after I fooled around with him.” Buffy said.

“Wait, Angel wasn’t your first?” Spike said surprised.

“That’s not what I meant. I never went all the way with Jeff, but that was definitely the next step. Angel knew that. I think that’s why he was so mean after he changed. Anyways, I had to rely on someone else to help me fight.”

“Who?” Spike asked suddenly wanting to know everything about her past.

“A guy I met before I was the slayer. Me and some of my friends were at the movie theater and him and his friend were sitting behind us. God, he was such a jerk at first. Then I saw him at a club, where he expressed his hatred for me. After I became the Slayer, I saved him from a pack of vamps. He came home with me and stayed up the rest of the night. He turned out to be really cool. He followed me when I went to fight. He tried to convince me to continue to slay after Merrick was killed. He came to the dance when he wasn’t even in school anymore. We went out until I moved to Sunnydale. I talk to him every once in a while.”

“And this older, ex-boyfriend’s name would be?”

“Um, well his name was Oliver, but he never went by that name. Everyone called him...um...” Buffy looked down at her mug at the thought of mentioning the nickname. She realized just how much Spike was like her ex.

"Come on, pet. What's this nickname? Can't be as bad as Oliver."

“Well, everyone called him Pike.” she whispered.

‘Pike!! Holy shit. Her history really is repeating itself. Maybe I do have a chance. I should make a move. Move slow. Don’t freak her out.’ Spike thought.

“Pike. I like it. Different. And Jeff sounds like a poof.” Spike said taking his mug to a sink. He turned around and leaned against the counter. “Look Buffy. I think I’ll leave and let you rest. Thanks for the tea, pet.” Spike leaned down and gave her a kiss on her cheek. “I’ll see you tomorrow at the shop.” he whispered in her ear before pulling back and leaving out the back door without another word.

“Shit!! What the hell is going on with me?” Buffy shouted into the empty kitchen.

Spike who was still standing outside, just smiled.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Please review. Pretty Please.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=8592