Buffy pulled up to Sunnydale High School in her black convertible Audi TT and got out of her car, sliding off her sunglasses and grabbing her tote bag. Her best friend Willow Rosenberg got out on the passenger side and looked at Buffy.

“Not going to put the top up?” she asked curiously, grabbing her backpack.

“There’s not a cloud in the sky,” Buffy replied, starting to walk towards the front doors of the school. “So I don’t anticipate it raining. Plus, everyone knows it’s my car, so it’s doubtful anyone will touch it. Everyone should know by now that they will incur the wrath of my father, the lawyer.”

“What about Spike?” the redhead asked as they walked inside.

“I’ve lived next door to Spike for the last fifteen years, and after having that car for two of those years, he’s never laid a finger on it, even though I’m sure he’d love to mess with it,” Buffy said, heading towards their lockers. “Why would he pick today of all days to do something to it?”

“Be careful, Buffy,” Xander Harris said, catching up to his friends. “You don’t want to jinx yourself.”

“Knowing my luck, I probably did,” Buffy replied, shrugging. “I’m not worried.”

“You could easily wreck his car, too,” Xander pointed out. “You’re neighbors- it’d be perfect to have your fun with it, and the awesome part is that you’d probably get away with it.”

“He’d suspect it was me,” Buffy said, opening her locker. “And you know what? I think it’d be worth it to be caught for ruining his car. That bastard deserves it.”

“I can’t believe that Spike the social deviant used to be William the nerd,” Xander said, leaning against the locker in between Buffy’s and Willow’s. “You two used to be best friends, Buff. What happened?”

“We grew up,” she answered, shrugging. “He changed, I hated the new look, and here we are today.”

“You two are the most popular people in school,” Willow said, smiling. “Usually that’s reserved for a power-couple or something, not two completely different people.”

“Not for enemies,” Buffy agreed, looking at her friends as the bell for first period rang. “Don’t want to be late. Let’s go.”

* * *

Spike pulled up to school in his black convertible Mustang at eight o’clock sharp, not caring that he was going to be late. His friends Charles Gunn and Lindsey McDonald climbed out of the cars parked beside him while his cousin Wesley Wyndham-Price got out of his car on the passenger side.

“Ready to start the day off, boys?” Lindsey asked, looking at the three guys.

“Sure,” Spike smiled, lighting a cigarette. “What did you have in mind?”

“Buffy Summers’ car,” Gunn answered, looking at the convertible on the other side of the parking lot. “Seems our favorite dumb blonde left the top down, giving us an all-access pass to have ourselves some fun.”

“What’re we going to do to it?” Wes asked, looking at his cousin.

“We already hit the grocery store,” Lindsey said, extracting a plastic bag from his car. “Gunn and I bought eggs and shaving cream. That should be sufficient, right?”

“Bloody brilliant plan,” Spike said, taking a carton of eggs out of the bag. “These are going to bake into her leather seats. She’s going to have a fit.” He grinned. “We better be outside to see it.”

“That means you can’t skip 7th hour,” Gunn replied, chuckling.

“Sure I can,” Spike said. “I could just come back to see her reaction.” He sighed. “But sitting through Miss Calendar’s lecture on computer viruses will be a hell of a lot better knowing that I get to see Princess Buffy freak out as my reward for going to class.” The three guys all shared a laugh before walking towards Buffy’s car. Spike opened the carton and grabbed an egg. “This is definitely going to be worth it.” He threw the egg fast-pitched at her windshield and grinned as it shattered. “The stage has been set, mates. Let’s kick off today right.”

* * *

“So, are you guys excited for Homecoming?” Cordelia asked as she sat down at the lunch table. Buffy looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Homecoming isn’t for another month,” she answered. “I’m not thinking about it for at least another two weeks.”

“But submitting nominees for Homecoming King and Queen starts as of Monday next week,” Cordelia replied, opening her water bottle. “And as seniors, this is our last year to claim the crown. Who’s with me?”

“No thanks,” Xander replied, stealing a fry off of Willow’s tray. “That’s for the losers who need proof that they’re popular.” He grinned and stretched out in his seat. “I don’t need proof, thanks.”

“And I do?” Cordelia asked, crossing her arms. “I’m more popular than you, Harris.”

“So we can expect to see you on the ballot?” Buffy asked, looking at Cordelia, who nodded. “Good luck. I hope you win.”

“Thank you,” Cordelia replied. “It’s nice to know who my true friends are.”

“You know I’m going to vote for you,” Xander replied. “We’ve got to stick together, now don’t we?”

“Friends ‘til the end,” Buffy agreed, and Willow smiled at her. “Now, who feels like shopping after school?”

“I thought your mom took away your credit card,” Cordelia said, and Buffy nodded. “Window-shopping then?”

“I’ve got cash,” Buffy replied, shrugging. “But I miss that card. I had unlimited spending, you know.”

“I adore mine,” Cordelia said, grinning. “Never leave home without it.”

“You two could be in a commercial for Visa or Mastercard,” Xander replied, taking another fry from Willow. “Two rich girls who spend their parents’ money daily on frivolous stuff.”

“You’re just jealous because we’re spoiled rotten,” Cordelia replied, laughing. Buffy smirked and looked at Willow.

“Feel like shopping?” she asked. “It’s a perfect day to go out for a drive and spend some money.”

“Sure,” Willow said. “I’ll meet you outside after school, okay?” Buffy nodded and grabbed her books as the lunch bell rang.

“See you later,” she said, heading towards her fifth-hour class.

* * *

After school, Lindsey, Wes, Gunn, and Spike were all waiting outside in a prime spot to witness Buffy’s reaction to the decorations they had left on her car.

“Did you see how the eggs look?” Lindsey asked. “They seriously are baked onto her car. That’ll be a bitch of a clean-up.”

“Too bad we don’t have a camera,” Spike said, lighting a cigarette. “I’d wager this will be a bloody Kodak moment.” He chuckled as Wes pulled a digital camera out of his backpack. “You’re brilliant, Wes.”

“I plan ahead,” he replied, handing the camera to his cousin. “Be ready. She’s on her way outside as we speak, and I believe Rosenberg is right behind her.” The four guys watched as the two girls walked to Buffy’s black convertible, patiently waiting to see Buffy’s face as she saw what they had done to her precious car.

When she stopped beside her car and surveyed the eggs and remnants of dried shaving cream covering both the inside and outside of her car, she crossed her arms and nodded.

“I really did jinx myself,” she said to herself. “You were right, Will. Both you and Xander were right.”

“Don’t flip out,” Willow said quietly. “I have a feeling that Spike and his goons are watching us and waiting for you to panic.” Buffy looked at her friend and smiled softly.

“I’m not going to panic,” she replied. “We’re going to get in my car, acting as if nothing happened, and we’re going to take it to a car wash. Then, we’ll go shopping, buy some supplies, and return to my house to do a little damage of our own. What do you say?”

“I’d say that I love the way you think,” Willow answered, grinning. The two girls exchanged high-fives before getting in her car, a move that all four guys noticed.

“What was that all about?” Gunn asked, confused. “Why didn’t Buffy explode? It’s almost as if nothing is wrong.”

“She must’ve known we’re watching,” Lindsey said. “And judging from that little high-five we saw, the games are only just beginning.” Wes, Gunn, and Lindsey looked at Spike. “And I have a feeling you’re on her hit-list first, buddy.”







A/N I decided to post this a day early because so many people seemed excited to read it LOL I hope you liked this first chapter, and any reviews would be appreciated! Thanks!:)