Buffy ran her fingers through her hair as she looked in her mirror, smiling. Willow sat on Buffy’s bed, watching her.

“I love Halloween,” Buffy said, sighing. “It’s one of the best days of the year.”

“When is Spike coming over?” Willow asked, putting on a black pointy hat and looking at the rest of her witch’s costume. Both girls heard the doorbell ring.

“Speaking of the devil,” Buffy laughed, looking at Willow.

“I’ll go get it while you finish getting ready,” the redhead said, leaving the room and walking downstairs. Buffy closed her door and slid on a fuchsia, pleated mini-skirt, along with a matching bikini top and heels. She smirked as she put on a necklace that said ‘Barbie’ on it before applying lip-gloss and finishing her make-up.

‘I think I look damn good,’ she thought. ‘I may not look like Barbie, but hey- a girl needs an excuse to dress like this sometimes.’

She grabbed a purse and carefully walked downstairs, seeing Spike and Willow standing in her living room.

“Well, don’t you look gorgeous,” Buffy said as she approached Spike. He looked at her appraisingly, grinning.

“You know, the only reason I agreed to dress like a Ken doll tonight was to see how hot you’d look as Barbie,” he said, wrapping his arms around her waist. “And I’d say it was a good idea on my part.”

“I knew you’d be able to pull off the look,” she replied. “Spike in a white t-shirt, Hawaiian-styled board-shorts, and black flip-flops equals perfection.” He chuckled and leaned down to kiss her softly. Willow cleared her throat quietly, smiling slightly.

“Sorry, Red. We should be on our way,” he said, going to the door. “Wes will be happy to see you.” She blushed as she followed the two blondes outside to Spike’s car. “So, tell me, pet- when are you and my cousin going to hook-up?” Willow looked at Buffy, hoping that her friend would say something for her.

“How about we let them figure it out for themselves,” Buffy suggested, winking at Willow, who gave her a grateful look. They got inside his car, and he began to drive towards the Bronze. “So, I was thinking that maybe we could dye your hair back to its original color.” Spike nearly slammed on his brakes as he looked at her with wide eyes.

“Please tell me you’re kidding,” he replied, and she shook her head, smirking. “Why the bloody hell would I do that? I like my hair just the way it is.”

“If you love me, you’ll dye it back,” she said, and he frowned before looking out the windshield again.

“God, I really must be whipped to even consider it,” he said quietly, and both girls giggled. “You two are just messing with me, aren’t you?” Buffy smiled at him.

“Little bit,” she answered, putting her hand on his thigh and giggling when he jolted slightly from her touch. “Just get us there in one piece, please.”

“Maybe I’d be able to if your hand wasn’t where it currently is,” he said, grinning at her before looking in his rearview mirror and seeing Willow’s expression. “Wow, Red, I haven’t seen your cheeks that color since Xander kissed you in kindergarten.”

* * *

As Buffy and Spike slow-danced together about two hours later, he looked down at the girl in his arms and smiled softly.

“Do you really want me to dye my hair?” he asked, and she sighed.

“I want my William back,” she said quietly. “The one who didn’t bleach his hair obsessively.” He kissed her forehead softly. “But if you want to keep it the way it is, I won’t stop you. You look hot no matter what color your hair is.”

“What if I dyed it black?” he asked jokingly. “Or if I became a redhead?”

“Don’t you dare!” she replied, giggling. “If you keep messing with your hair so much, it’ll all fall out.” She laughed louder. “You’d look like Gunn!”

“You say that like it’s a bad thing,” Gunn said, smirking, dancing only a few feet away with Gwen.

“It’s not a bad thing, Charles,” Buffy replied. “You’re a good-looking guy, but I’m used to my boyfriend having hair, is all.” Spike laughed and slowly dipped her back before pulling her hips closer to his. She looked into his eyes as she felt the evidence of his desire for her against her stomach. He saw mixed emotions begin to swirl in her eyes before she leaned up to kiss him softly.

“Do you want to get out of here?” he asked quietly, and she took a deep breath.

“Okay,” she answered. He took her hand in his and led them out of the club and to his car.

* * *

They made their way into his house and up to his room quietly, both of them too deep in thought to speak. For the second time in a period of a couple of months, Buffy was grateful that Rupert came home so late at night, allowing her and Spike to be alone for a while. She looked at him as she sat on his bed, kicking off her heels. He sat beside her and took her hand in his, kissing the top of it as he looked into her eyes. She smiled softly at him.

“We don’t have to do anything tonight if you don’t want to,” he said, somewhat nervous. She nodded and looked down.

“I want to,” she replied. “I guess I’m just having a lot of flashbacks suddenly.”

“To the last time we…” he said, cutting himself off as she nodded. “Me, too.”

“It’s not going to end up like that again, is it?” she asked sadly. “You’re not going to have second thoughts about us and tell me to it’s over again, right?”

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” he said genuinely, squeezing her hand. “I’m never going to let you go again, luv. I was a stupid kid back then, and I need you far too much now- there’s no way I’m going to let you and I not be together.” She managed a small smile as he leaned over to kiss her.

“I believe you, Spike,” she said, grazing his cheek. “I guess I’m just a little worried.”

“I know,” he replied, looking down. “I can’t blame you, not after what happened last time.” She sighed and nodded.

“I need you, too,” she admitted, looking at him. He saw sincerity in her eyes and smiled as he pulled her close to him and kissed her.

* * *

About an hour later, Spike gently pulled out of her welcoming body as he laid beside her, both of them still slightly panting from the force of their orgasms. He looked at his ceiling with a smirk on his face before turning on his side, facing her, draping his arm across her stomach. She looked at him with a soft expression before pressing a gentle kiss to his lips.

“I’ve never had it so good as with you,” he said quietly, looking into her eyes. “You’re my everything, Buffy. You’re practically my bloody salvation.” She giggled and curled up against him. “I’ve never felt this way about anyone else in my life, pet, and I don’t think that’s ever going to change.”

“I know what you mean,” she replied, running her hand across his abs. “This feels right with us, Spike.”

“Call me William,” he said, smiling as she looked at him, surprised. “If that’s which version of me you want around, I’ll be him again. Anything for you, my love.” She smiled and leaned over to kiss him again.

“You don’t need to change back to him if you don’t want to,” she said. “And I was just becoming fond of Spike.” He chuckled and held her closer to his body as he kissed the top of her head. “I love both William and Spike equally.”

“I love you, too, Buffy,” he said, looking at her. “I’ll always love you.”







A/N I know, I know- I worked around the sex scene (again), but most of you know how much I hate writing them, so I'm sorry. The epilogue will be posted tomorrow, I promise:)