Buffy stared at her legs and sighed. It had been two months since they’d killed Rayne. Her legs were virtually healed. She’d gotten a full explanation of that horrifying night from Spike, and though she still didn’t quite see the sense in it, she’d come to forgive him.

Her last nightmares had been weeks ago. Jenkins’ continued to help out runaways and prostitutes, but their extra-curriculars weren’t half as many as they had been before the LAPD—or Rayne, at least—had been brought down.

Rayne. She still shuttered when she thought of that scene in the white room. Spike told her that she sometimes woke in the middle of the night, screaming. It didn’t really surprise her, considering what she’d gone through at that man’s hands. She still thanked God every day that the man was dead.

Things had gotten much quieter since the new police chief was chosen, a man by the name of Wesley something-or-other. According to Gunn, Wesley had destroyed Rayne’s businesses and put the LAPD back on the straight and narrow. Buffy was relieved that they’d cleaned up, but she wasn’t about to go back. Both she and Willow had relocated to Sunnydale. Willow helped a man named Giles run a magic store in town, and she was looking into teaching. Buffy, Kennedy, and Willow now all occupied 1630 Revello Drive; Xander jokingly called it Chick Palace.

Dawn had been a bitch while recovering, but she was once again a cheerful waitress and one of Buffy’s best friends. It had been she who told Buffy some truly excellent news: both Veruca and Harmony were in jail, possibly for good.

In fact, everything was peachy keen. So why? did she feel so restless?

She flopped back down on Spike’s bed. Okay, dumb question; she knew why. She’d been spending more time at Spike’s house than she had at her own, and yet in two months their relationship still hadn’t progressed farther than the occasional kiss.

At first it had been about her legs, of course. She’d gone to the doctor and had them treated immediately to avoid scarring, but they were still incredibly painful for almost a month. After that, however, the pain faded quickly. She was perfectly capable of any and all physical activity.

And it wasn’t because he didn’t want her. She’d seen his obvious arousal almost every time she got close to him. He’d lick his lips, his eyes would get glazed, and then his jeans would look remarkably stretched in the front. It was a dead giveaway.

They both loved each other. They were the best of friends as well as almost-lovers.

So what in God’s name keeps him from jumping me when I lie on his bed like this???? It was a beyond frustrating question.

Maybe he had some kind of funky, archaic can’t-take-advantage-of-the-lady complex, so he didn’t try to seduce her because he was worried about her virtue, or her legs, or whatever. She didn’t think that really fit Spike, though. He wasn’t exactly chivalrous.

Or maybe he was just dense? Definite possibility, Buffy decided.

Either way, if he didn’t change his mind tonight, she was going to give up for good.

She’d decided a few days ago that if she waited for him to seduce her, she’d be on her deathbed before he made a move. So, accordingly, she’d gotten together with Anya and planned out a seduction.

Anya had cleared out the apartment. The whole place was dark except for the bedroom, which was lit by the soft glow of the lava lamp and a vanilla-scented candle next to the bedside. Soft music was playing, and the bed was decked out in black satin, as opposed to cotton, sheets.

Buffy was lying in the middle of it. She was wearing a red bra and thong, over which hung a sheer black robe. Black lace trimmed the translucent middle of the bra, framing her nipples. She’d showered, waxed, trimmed, and perfumed until she was ready to drop, and she was certain she’d never looked better.

Tonight, she was going to make him hers for good.

Just when she was starting to wonder if he was going to work all night, it was getting so late, she heard the key in the lock. Hurriedly, she draped herself in a languid pose across the bed.

She heard Spike put his coat down on the back of the couch before calling, “Buffy? Pet, you here?”

“I’m in the bedroom,” she called in as nonchalant a voice as she could manage with the huge lump in her throat. She wanted him to be taken by complete surprise when he walked into the room.

She heard his purposeful footsteps come into the bedroom. She fixed her eyes on the door. When he appeared, she smiled slowly. Seductively.

“Hey, baby,” she purred.

His eyes went wide and she could have sworn she saw his pants twitch. Her smile turned wicked. Oh, yeah. Tonight was the night.

*

Spike was ready to die on the spot.

He’d been telling himself for weeks now, every since she’d started walking normally actually, to wait just a little while longer. They weren’t sure that the LAPD was really reformed, and anyway, he didn’t want their relationship to be just about sex.

But it had been hard, in more than one way. Everything she did, from her smile to her nose wrinkle to that wonderful feisty look she got when arguing with him, turned him on. Five times a day he had to stop himself from reaching for her and taking her right then and there—wherever ‘there’ happened to be.

And now, in one fell swoop, she’d just bollocksed up the whole plan.

How in hell was he supposed to resist her when she looked good enough to eat? That black-and-red ensemble was gonna drive him mad soon, not to mention the way her smooth, tan skin looked against the sheets, or how her hair shone in the soft light. Sodding hell, his mind was already reminding him of the one time he had with her.

She smiled at him innocently. “Aren’t you going to come to bed, Spike?”

At that moment, Spike threw caution to the wind. God knew that if Buffy didn’t want it, she wouldn’t be lying there begging him to shag her brains out. And anyway, doin’ the gentlemanly thing and inquiring about her legs would’ve ruined the mood.

He smiled back his sexiest smile and was gratified to see her catch her breath. “Be right there, luv,” he said. “Just gotta get m’ clothes off.”

He very deliberately unlaced his boots as slowly as possible, sliding them off and tossing them to one side. He pulled his socks off with the same slow deliberateness, then his shirt, and finally, his pants.

His cock sprung free instantly, full and proud. Spike smiled predatorily when he saw Buffy staring at it. “Yeah, Goldilocks, you made me that hard,” he told her, pacing towards the bed “Saw you in that sexy number and can’t wait to get you out of it.” Now he crawled onto the bed, staying on all fours, moving in on her until she was scooted back against the headboard. He nudged her slightly and she slid down beneath him.

“Y’see, ‘ve got this theory,” he said, leaning closer so that his breath but not his lips brushed hers. “Goes back to your legs. ‘f they weren’t just fine, you wouldn’t be temping me like a little minx, now would you?”

Buffy whimpered and shook her head. Spike smiled. “I didn’t think so,” he said, and then he covered her lips with his.

Soft. She was so soft, like silk—silk that could set him on fire. Her mouth was the sweetest taste he’d ever experienced, something created from a mix of vanilla, cinnamon, and the tart, tangy taste that was pure Buffy.

He growled and began kissing down her neck. Her fingers already clutched his hair; now they began to roam down his back until they came to his buttocks. With a surprising show of strength, she hauled him towards her, pressing his erection into her soft belly.

He was burning up, and it was wonderful. That was the thought in his head as he groaned and ripped apart her robe to reveal her satin-covered breasts.

For a moment, which was all that he could bear, he paused to admire them. “Never seen anything so beautiful,” he whispered. He reached back and unclasped the bra, aided by a very eager Buffy. He tossed it aside and zeroed in on her breasts.

First he felt them, cupped them in her hands, re-accustomed himself to their weight and size. Then, agonizingly slowly, he leaned down and licked her nipple—just once. Delighting in the breathy sigh she gifted him, he began sucking her right nipple in earnest as he teased her left with his other hand. Buffy began writhing beneath him, grabbing his head, clenching his body in between her legs. Spike was driving her wild, and he gloried in the knowledge.

Once her nipples were hard and straining, he moved down, down, planting worshipful kisses on her stomach and thighs. He was about to kiss her now glistening pussy when she stopped him.

Or, her foot did. Clever toes wrapped themselves around the head of his cock. Gasping, barely able to breath thanks to the incredible sensations running through him, he glanced up at her.

God, her eyes were beautiful—and right now, triumphant. “Come here,” she whispered.

He slithered up her body until they were face-to-face. She cupped his cheek in one hand. “I love you,” she told him, looking deep into his eyes.

He nearly teared up. She could say it a thousand times a day and he’d never get tired of hearing it, never grow weary of hearing about her love for him. “And I love you,” he replied, planting a gentle kiss on her lips.

Or, it was supposed to be gentle. Buffy apparently had other ideas, since she fisted her hands in his hair and gave him the most passionate kiss he’d ever had. Tongues dueled with tongues, igniting fire in both of them. When she pulled away a few minutes later, they were gasping.

“Want...you...” she gasped. Before he could acquiesce, she pushed him onto his back and climbed up, straddling him.

He stared up at her worshipfully. Her panties were long since discarded; she was gloriously naked. Her beautiful hair hung down around her shoulders, and her eyes were stormy with passion. He didn’t think he’d ever seen anything so wonderful.

That was until she enveloped his cock with her mouth.

He gasped and bucked up, desperately trying not to grab her head and shag himself on her mouth.

It didn’t work. He could feel himself gathering towards climax, getting ready to spill his sperm—and he didn’t want that just yet.

Buffy seemed to almost read his thoughts, because as abruptly as she’d taken him into her mouth, she slid it out. Peppering kisses along its length, she moved to sit on his chest. He reached up and ran a hand through her hair. “My love,” he whispered, an unashamedly tender smile on his face.

*

A shiver ran through Buffy at his words. She leaned down and kissed him, agreeing, “Yours.”

His groan of satisfaction made her shiver again. This little seduction was working out better than her wildest dreams. She could feel him pressing against her ass, straining, damp from her kisses.

It was time. Reaching behind her, she gripped his cock firmly and led it to her entrance. As she slid him in, leaning back so as to take him fully, her eyes met with his.

When he was fully embedded, they both fought to keep eye contact. Buffy felt like hot pokers were running through her body in the most delicious of ways. She was trembling with desire and love, and the way Spike looked at her made her feel like a goddess.

She leaned back, placed her hands on his chest, and began to ride him, savoring the feeling of him filling her, stretching her to her very limit. God, she loved him so much. She increased the pace, feeling herself getting closer, closer, closer...

“Spike,” she moaned, giving in to temptation and closing her eyes. “Love you...oh God...so much...” she couldn’t force any more word out, so enthralled was she in the feelings he was giving her.

He didn’t even bother to speak, only gasped, gripped her hips, and encouraged her to ride him faster. She obeyed, grinding against him so that every time they came fully together, her clit hit his pelvis bone. She gritted her teeth, feeling the electricity shoot through her, knowing she was close to completion. Beneath her, Spike moaned—the sound drove her on more.

When they came, it was with shouts, and it was more intense than either of them had ever experienced before. Spike arched his back and clutched her to him, bending her down so he could crush her lips with his. She greedily returned the kiss as wave after wave soured through her, making her shake, causing her walls to flutter around him.

Oblivion was slowly blanketing her. She wrapped her arms around him, feeling him disengage and roll over to his side so that she was nestled in his arms. Wearily, Buffy smiled up at him. “I love you,” she whispered.

*

“Love you too, kitten,” Spike replied, half-shaking from the intense orgasm she’d just brought upon him. God, she was amazing. Never before had he run across someone with so much passion, so much fervor—never before had he met anyone who he wanted to spend the rest of forever with.

And he wanted her to know it.

“Can you stay awake for a minute longer?” he asked her.

She smiled at him wearily. “Maybe a couple. I’m all floppy, though.”

“Ditto, pet,” he said, but he forced himself to stand up and walk over to the dresser. He opened a drawer and pulled out something that had been in there for quite some time.

“Whatcha gettin’?” Buffy asked, propping her head up in an adorable manner as she watched him.

He didn’t answer her. He didn’t know if he could, really; sudden nervousness seemed to have closed up his throat.

“Spike? I—is something wrong?”

Wonderful, now she sounded apprehensive. He was such a spineless ponce. “Buffy, I—“ He paused to clear his throat. “I love you.”

“As you just told me,” she said slowly.

“Well, yeah,” Spike admitted. “See, the thing is, I love you more than anything ‘ve ever loved before. I love the way you laugh, how you can always crack a joke even in the worst times—how you can manage Faith when no one else can.” He walked closer to the bed, keeping the object clutched in his hand. “I love when we sit and talk, I love when you kiss me, and I love when we make love.” He sat down on the bed and took her hand. “D’you get what I’m trying to say?”

She shook her head.

He flipped open the box. Ignoring Buffy’s gasp, he looked deep into her eyes and said, “’m askin’ you to marry me. You’re the one I want to spend forever with.”

*

Buffy gasped, and to her horror, her eyes filled with tears. Why in the world was she crying? Okay, she’d had happy tears before, but to lose control now of all times was utterly ridiculous.

Spike was watching her apprehensively, and she realized she’d best answer before he thought she was disappointed, or something. Hurriedly, she wiped the tears off her face.

“You alright?” he asked, worry evident in his voice.

“Of c-course, I’m fine!” she exclaimed. “I just—oh my God, I wasn’t expecting this!”

“But it’s okay, right?” Spike asked. “I mean, ‘ll give you time to get used to the idea...”

She smiled at the look on his face—he was so cute when he was concerned. “Spike, of course I’ll marry you.” She laughed jubilantly. “I’d love to.”

Joy flooded his face. Both his eyes and his mouth were smiling brilliantly. He swept her into a hug, raining kissed down on her hair, clutching her tight. Buffy squeezed him back, her joy completely equal to his. She was going to marry Spike. Spike. The love of her life. She laughed in pure, utter wonder, and he did the same. He was relieved, ecstatic. His love was going to marry him. For now until forever, they’d be able to share a love that few ever experienced in their lifetimes. It was enough to make him want to burt into song.

When they were a bit more calm, Spike slipped the ring onto Buffy’s finger. She looked at it carefully. It was beautiful and simple, exactly the way she liked it. A small diamond occupied the center bordered by two sparkling rubies. The ring itself was made of intertwined strands of gold and silver. “It’s beautiful,” she said softly, smiling. “Thank you.”

He caught her chin and looked into her eyes. “You make me so happy.”

Somehow, that statement made her blush. She smiled at him. “You make me happy, too,” she told him, before leaning in and kissing him with all the passion and joy she felt inside.

As they kissed, they leaned back on the bed, till at last they were lying together, hands and lips locked. The ring sparkled on Buffy’s finger, sending off little red motes of light.

Red. It stood for so many things—blood, hatred, passion, war, and most of all, love. They’d experienced all of those, and sometimes it had almost destroyed them. Now, it was time to grab hold the last and keep it with them forever.

Their lips parted and they held each other close, savoring the nearness of one another, murmuring soft words of adoration. Eventually, they fell asleep, contentment and happiness in each of their hearts. Skin against skin, mind against mind—together in every way possible.

Somewhere, between the black and the white, the hate and the love, they’d made a place for themselves. Sometime along the way, they’d surrendered their hearts to one another. Neither would ever be able to point out when or how it happened, but they did know one thing:

Finally, after years of fighting, they’d found what they were looking for: a love that would never die, that would continue beyond anything else.

Finally, they’d found peace.

~*~

A/N: *stares at paper in utter shock* Oh wow. I’m done! Hope you liked the ending and the happy sex =) I did my best with that. I’m not the greatest at endings, but I figured it was high time to wrap things up. The Grey Areas was definitely much more stressful, and rewarding, than All Endure It (my first long fic), for multiple reasons. I absolutely loved writing this, even when things were pretty bad between Buffy and Spike, and I’ll be sad to let it go.

That being said: HUGE thanks to anyone who ever bothered to review. I know I’ve said it a million times before, but it’s true: reviews are what keep me posting, and you guys were wonderful with that. *hugs* One of the reasons this fic was tough was because I didn’t know exactly where I wanted it to go. You guys helped with that big-time. Thanks is a pale word and can’t possibly include how grateful I feel for being given props during the writing. Let me just say, you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! =) Be on the lookout for my next long fic in a few days, I have no idea what it’ll be called or even what it’ll be about (I’ve got some ideas, maybe a high school fic?) but it’ll be coming soon. Please review and tell me what you thought of the last chapter! Again with the you guys are awesome, I love you all!!!! ~~Panta_Rei