Chapter 11 – Forever Love


6 Months Later


“Why do I get the feeling that I’m going to be carting those all over London?” Spike asked with a slight smile as Buffy continued to pack yet another suitcase. It was amazing the things she had acquired since moving in with Giles.

“You’re the guy…it’s kind of in your job description,” she said with a smile.

Falling down on the bed, Spike rested his hands on his stomach as he continued to watch her pack. “Can I request a change of career?”

“Hey!” she cried indignantly. “I resent that.”

Catching her wrist before she could move away, Spike tugged on her, smiling when she fell across his chest with a surprised huff.

“We’re really going, aren’t we?” she asked with an excited smile, letting her hand trace patterns over his muscles.

“If that’s still what you want,” Spike replied, running his hands up and down her arms. “You’ll be eighteen in a few months, and it’s not like we’ve done anything illegal since you started with Dr. Wilkins.”

“That was your choice,” she said with a pout. “I was willing to break the law every night.”

Chuckling at her protruding lip, Spike gently ran his finger across it, watching as her eyes lit up.

“We’re not leaving for a while,” he said softly. “If you want to stay here and live in Sunnydale, that’s fine with me, pet.”

“No,” she whispered, shaking her head. “I’m really going to miss your dad, but…I just want a fresh start, you know?”

“I know,” he murmured, pulling her to him for a warm hug and closing his eyes as he inhaled the sweet aroma of her hair. “You’ll get a fresh start…we both will.”

“Can I ask you to do something for me?” she asked, pulling back and looking into his eyes, smiling when she saw the love shining through.

“Anything,” he replied, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

“Can we say goodbye to this room?”

Furrowing his eyebrows as he looked at her, Spike tilted his head in confusion, his eyes widening when she giggled.

“Twenty-four hours away from getting to the promised land, and you want me to break the law and risk getting arrested before we go,” he said with a smirk.

“Come on,” Buffy teased, dragging a fingernail down the middle of his shirt. “You love the risk. I know you- you get off on it.”

“No, that would be you,” he replied with an evil glint in his eyes.

“You never answered my question,” she said after a moment.

“Are you sure?”

“I’ve been sure for months. You’re the one with all the willpower, mister. Make a girl feel unwanted.”

Flipping them over on the bed, Spike gently kissed along her neck, down to her shoulder. “Trust me, Goldilocks, you are anything but unwanted.”

Chuckling when Buffy grabbed his arms and pulled him back up to face her, his eyes lit up when he saw the bright smile on her face as she peppered kisses along his neck.

“I could get used to this,” he said, briefly closing his eyes, enjoying the feeling of her soft lips caressing his skin. “And how do I keep this smile permanently on your face?” he asked after a moment, watching her pull back to look at him.

“Make love to me,” she whispered, causing Spike’s breath to catch in his throat at the soft words.

Trying to control the trembling in his body, Spike’s lips met hers in a tender kiss, gently running along her bottom lip and moaning when he felt her tongue stroke against his. It had been six months since they had been intimate with each other, and although Spike never pushed her, he definitely wasn’t strong enough to deny her either. Not when they were in such an intimate position and definitely not when she’d actually used the term ‘make love’. That had never been spoken and he wasn’t going to pass this by. It had been hard enough sharing a bed every night with only the occasional touches and kisses shared- his strength was rapidly dwindling.

Their lips never separated as they slowly undressed each other. Spike smiled at how relaxed Buffy was. “If you want to wait, Buffy, it’s fine with me,” he said in a soft voice, not wanting her to feel pressured if she was having second thoughts.

“I don’t,” she replied, looking up at him with love shining in her eyes. Slowly tracing the curves and contours of his face, she pulled him down to her for a tender kiss. “I’m ready,” she whispered, parting her thighs even more and moaning as he slowly slid into her.

Spike stopped, panting for air when he was fully sheathed inside of her. This was the first time he was actually able to take his time, and the sensations she was causing were incredible. Her warmth seemed to spread through his body, and he made a constant effort not to thrust into her, wanting to keep the gentle pace this time.

Buffy’s nails dragged along his back as muffled pants and gasps escaped her lips. Fusing his mouth to hers in a long kiss, Spike began to move with long strokes.

Pulling back after a moment, their foreheads pressed together, staring deeply into each other’s eyes. He gave her a soft smile when Buffy eagerly met his thrusts with her own.

“I love you,” he whispered, never breaking their eye contact.

Buffy slowly reached up to cup his face in her hands, tears glistening in her eyes. “I love you, too,” she whispered, pulling him toward her for another kiss.

Letting his lips play on hers for a moment, he began to slowly ghost his hand along her body, barely touching her and sending chills racing through both of them. Reaching her hip, Spike slipped his hand in between them, watching as her eyes widened and she began moaning in need.

“Oh, God,” she whispered, clutching at his shoulders as if he was a lifeline.

Their hips met and separated, creating more friction with each touch. She whimpered when Spike’s hand abandoned her, only to hold onto her thighs. Still keeping the pace moderately slow, he began putting more pressure and force behind his thrusts. His breathing sped up as they grinded their bodies together.

“You’re incredible,” he whispered.

“Spike,” she whimpered. “I need more…I-I want…”

Moving together at a faster pace, he felt her muscles clenching him in anticipation. Bracing her feet against the mattress, Buffy arched into him, seeing her release.

“Oh, God, Spike- don’t stop!” she screamed. “Don’t stop…never stop…”

She trailed off with a scream, feeling him follow her over the edge. Both lay on the bed panting, their bodies still joined and occasionally still seeking the friction the other provided.

“I love you so much,” Buffy whispered, letting her hand play with the soft hairs at the base of his neck.

“I love you,” he whispered, looking into her eyes and smiling at the openness and warmth they held.

“Don’t ever stop, okay?” she asked with a playful smile.

“I promise. We’re just getting started.”



THE END





Thanks so much to: Nic, BuffyandSpikeForever, Reciprocity, Caitie, spuffette, Franchesca, willowmouse, spikes slayer, Amanda, Cordykitten, Spashley & phantomwriter for reviewing!