Chapter 6 – Never Better


Spike curled his body protectively around Buffy, watching her as she slept. A frown marred his features as he studied her. He had been all too happy when things had progressed between them, but he couldn’t get rid of the nagging feeling that something was wrong.

Closing his eyes when he heard Buffy’s breathy moan as she cuddled closer to him, his arm tightened around her. He hated the idea of waking her up, but he was guessing they’d been asleep for several hours, and his father would probably be there in an hour or two.

“Buffy,” he whispered, smiling when she held him tighter. “Buffy, luv,” he said a little louder. “Rise and shine.”

A soft noise escaped her lips as she rolled away from him, her arm stretching above her head, and Spike smiled at the delicious view he was getting of her naked body. The smile soon faded as his brow furrowed. Slowly extending his hand to brush along her stomach, Spike gently traced over a faded scar, barely visible in the dim light.

“What’s this from, luv?”

“What?” Buffy asked, still half asleep, before she looked down at his hand. Spike saw her eyes widen slightly before she moved to sit up. Catching her arm as she tried to make her escape, Spike pulled her back down to his lap, looking at her in confusion.

“What's it from?”

“Um…bike accident when I was younger,” she said, avoiding her eyes, her words practically coming out as a question. ‘That’s what happened to regular kids, right?’ she asked herself.

“On your stomach?” he asked skeptically.

“Umm…yeah.”

Seeing the indecision on Spike’s face, she could practically hear the questions that he was about to ask. Thinking fast, Buffy moved to straddle his waist, pulling him close to her for a searing kiss. The hesitation in his response was starting to worry her when she felt his arms wrap around her waist in a tight hold before pulling back to look at her.

“You’re trying to distract me.”

“No, I’m not,” she said with an innocent expression. “There’s nothing to be distracting you from.”

“I think these would tell me differently, Buffy,” he said, tracing his hand over a few more pale scars that were barely visible on her skin.

“I told you, it happened when I was younger.”

Before Spike could say anymore, Buffy lifted herself and sunk down on his hard cock, arching her back into his body and smiling when she felt him tense beneath her.

“You’re trying to distract me,” he said again with a groan.

“Am not,” Buffy said with a small pout.

Without hesitating, Spike sat up, wrapping his arms around her and eliciting a gasp from her at the new position. He could feel Buffy begin moving faster, grinding her hips against his. The friction building between them was almost painful as she pushed harder against him.

“Slow down, luv,” he whispered, gripping her hips to try and still her movements.

“I can’t,” Buffy said in a breathless voice. “You feel too good, Spike.”

“You do too, baby, but-”

“Harder,” she gasped.

All thoughts left his brain at the simple command. His hands tightened on her hips, feeling the intensity of the moment wash over them as he forcefully pumped into her.

“Harder, Spike.”

“I don’t want to hurt you,” he whispered, feeling himself spiraling out of control.

“What if I want you to hurt me?” she murmured, pressing her forehead against his.

Spike’s eyes flew open, wondering what she was asking him. “Buffy?”

“It’s alright, Spike,” she whispered, brushing her lips over his. “I can take whatever you give to me.”

Somewhere deep in the recesses of Spike’s mind, he knew that there was something wrong with those words, but being buried inside of the most amazing woman he’d ever been in contact with, was not the time to try and make his brain form a thought.

Flipping them over, he felt Buffy tense when she came in contact with the cool floor, but she eagerly matched his thrusts, spreading her legs wider to encourage him. Spike was panting with the new feeling as he pressed his head against her shoulder, squeezing his eyes shut.

Buffy gasped when his lips gently sucked at the soft skin of her throat, running lazy patterns along her neck. Something felt too tender about the moment, and Buffy felt herself clam up at the different emotions she was feeling.

Grabbing his hair, she pulled him away, smashing her lips to his in a frantic kiss. Breaking away from him, she smiled as he noticeably began to lose control

“So bloody tight, luv,” he rasped in a voice she barely recognized.

Spike wanted to be more cautious and tender with her, but Buffy was having none of it as her hips slammed against his with bruising force. Her moans seemed to drive him on, causing him to plunge into her, eagerly meeting her thrusts.

“Spike- yes!” Buffy screamed, gasping when their hips met and grinded together. Her hands clung to him, urging him on- willing him to hurt her.

Trying to slow down once more, Spike soon realized he was fighting a losing battle when Buffy raised her legs to give him better access to her body. Ramming into her, he felt her muscles contract around him in a stranglehold, triggering his own climax. Her screams of pleasure echoed in the open space.

After several long minutes, their hips continued to churn together, eliciting small gasps and moans from Buffy. He could feel himself harden inside of her again and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips, running his hands through her hair in soothing motions.

Buffy felt the tender, slow pace of his thrusts and tensed up.

‘You don’t deserve this.’

The mantra seemed to run through her head as her body went rigid. She didn’t want love and tenderness. She wanted misery and pain.

She knew what that was. She knew how to survive it.

Spike felt the tension but misread the reason behind it.

“It’s alright, luv,” he whispered, trailing kisses along her jaw. “I’ve got you…won’t let go.”

Buffy closed her eyes and turned her head away from him. This wasn’t a situation she could control, and she didn’t want to lose herself in him. She wanted hard and violent, not soft and tender.

‘He deserves more than this,’ Buffy thought as Spike’s lips sought hers again.

Giving into the sensation of the kiss for a brief moment, Buffy lightly pushed against his chest, earning her a strange look.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, tilting his head in concern.

“I…I j-just think that we should get dressed.”

Spike looked at her in confusion before a smirk crossed his features. “Well, that’s one request I’ve never had in this situation.”

“I just think your dad could show up any minute,” she said weakly.

“Yeah,” Spike agreed, reluctantly pulling out of her warmth and helping her to her feet.

Getting dressed in silence, he kept an eye on Buffy, seeing how closed off she appeared to be. Walking up behind her as she attempted to smooth her hair, Spike wrapped his arms around her waist, frowning when she immediately went rigid in his arms. Nuzzling her neck, he planted soft kisses along any exposed skin he could find, doing what he could to get her to relax.

“I don’t know what you’re thinking,” he whispered into her ear, smiling against her skin when he felt the shiver run through her body. “But I don’t want this to end.”

Buffy turned in his arms, her eyes wide as she stared at him. “I-I don’t either,” she mumbled, surprised at her words, since she was preparing herself for a completely different answer.

“Good to know,” he said with a smile, brushing his lips against hers.

“I don’t think we should tell your dad.”

Spike studied her for a moment, seeing how important it was to her. “Alright, luv,” he agreed with a nod. “It’ll be our little secret.”

Stealing another kiss, both jumped at the foreign sound of the door rattling.

“William? Buffy?”

“We’re down here,” Spike yelled, smoothing Buffy’s hair for her as she nervously fidgeted with her clothes.

“What happened?” Giles asked, earning a roll of the eyes from Spike.

“Let me ask you something, Da- how did you get down here?” he asked.

Giles looked around and then noticed the keys in his hand and smiled sheepishly. “I guess I should make sure the door is unlocked before I leave from now on. Are you two alright?”

Spike turned around under the pretense of grabbing his duster but secretly giving Buffy a sexy smirk. “Never better.”





Thanks so much to: PK, Franchesca, Ebontier, Nikilicious, starhawk, Amanda, Rana, Caitie, Cordykitten, willowmouse, Katie, pj, erika, Reciprocity, katj, Laine, BuffyandSpikeForever & beverly for reviewing!!