A/N Okay, from this point, the story is very much mine. I had to use a huge part of the first chapter because it’s important for the remainder of the story, but now I’m able to take a little more freedom with the story. I only kept two things from the original chapter 2 & 3, because I felt that my time was better focused on other aspects of the story…just read and you’ll get what I mean :-)




Chapter 2 – Plan A…Plan B


Slowly opening her eyes and groaning as the light filtered into her vision, Buffy rolled over in the lumpy bed, trying to remember where she was.

“Oh yeah,” she murmured, letting the images penetrate her foggy brain. “Plan A- find a job.”

Literally rolling out of bed, Buffy landed on the floor with a loud thump and an “Oomph.”

Sitting up and digging through her bag for a moment, Buffy pulled out a pair of jeans and a pale pink shirt, almost snorting at her clothing options. She was anything but sweet and innocent like the color suggested. Rolling her eyes at the thought, she shook her head to clear it.

Quickly getting ready and walking out the door, Buffy stopped in the motel office and grabbed a newspaper, hoping that there would be some worthwhile jobs that were available. She wanted to be able to find something as soon as possible and get out of that dingy motel room. She hadn’t even unpacked in the hopes that she wouldn’t be staying there more than a few days.

‘Maybe I can find a job today and get an apartment soon,’ she thought, feeling something strange for the first time in years…hope.

Walking through the streets of Sunnydale, Buffy was surprised at what a quaint little town it appeared to be. Seeing it the night before hadn’t done it justice. Slowly walking toward a park across the street, she sat on one of the empty swings, idly kicking her legs beneath her as she opened the paper and folded it to the classifieds, her eyes zeroing in on the Want Ads.

Her hopes seemed to drop as she read through the advertisements.

“Great,” she muttered with a sigh, throwing the paper on the ground and grabbing the chains that were holding the swing up. Kicking her legs with more intent, she pushed off the ground and enjoyed a few stress-free moments of letting the air hit her face. “Truck drivers, telemarketers, and a job at a bar. This town isn’t exactly chock full of job opportunities.”

Truck driving would require school, which would require more money than the one hundred dollars she had left after paying for the bus ticket and motel room. She knew she wouldn’t be able to make it as a telemarketer.

“The bar it is,” she mumbled, dragging her feet in the sawdust until the swing came to a stop. Picking up the paper off the ground, Buffy looked at the address and walked to a nearby gas station, asking the attendant for directions.

* * * * *

Walking into the dimly lit bar, Buffy was surprised to look around and see the tables arranged near a stage, complete with poles to assist the dance moves the strippers would be performing. Even for such an early time of day, the interior was dark and smoky as workers milled around, taking down chairs and polishing the stage.

“Yeah?” a guy asked as she walked toward him, letting his eyes roam over her body.

“I’m here about a job,” Buffy said, already feeling uncomfortable with this place.

“Hey, boss!” the guy yelled across the dim club. “Girl here- wants to be a stripper.”

Buffy flushed in embarrassment as her eyes widened. “No,” she said, shaking her head in denial. “No stripping. I, uh, I was wanting to apply as a bartender or…or something, but not a stripper.”

“That’s the only position we have open.”

Turning toward the voice behind her, Buffy looked at the attractive man as she bit her lip.

“I’m Charles Gunn,” he said, holding out his hand and giving her a warm smile when she shook it, immediately putting her at ease. “Call me Gunn. You want the job?”

“This may be a stupid question,” she said softly. “But it’s not like I’m very familiar with these types of clubs…does it pay well?”

“Ten bucks an hour, plus half of all tips you make,” he said with a nod. “I take care of my girls…though, not in the physical sense,” he added when he saw the panicked look on her face.

“Half the tips?”

“I get the other half. And you keep anything you make from lap dances.”

She could almost feel the little bit of dignity that she eagerly clung to fade away, moving just out of her reach to regain it.

“If you make five hundred a night, you take home two fifty. Not bad for a few hours work,” Gunn said.

“No, it’s not,” she said in a dejected voice. “I’ll do it.”

“Great. Start tonight, be here at ten.”

* * * * *

The day seemed to fly by, against Buffy’s will. Every time she looked at the clock, another hour seemed to pass until she was sitting in the dressing room, staring at her reflection in the mirror and not recognizing the girl that looked back at her.

Applying the smoky eye makeup and dark red lipstick, Buffy sighed, critiquing her reflection. Because of her ‘youthful appearance’, according to Gunn, she had been instructed on what to wear for her first night. The other girls that worked at the club enjoyed dressing her up for her performance. They were all surprisingly nice, each remembering what they had gone through when they started working at the club.

Straightening the short gray skirt and fidgeting with her white button-down shirt, Buffy stared in the mirror, seeing the young girl who didn’t exist. The shirt was halfway unbuttoned, letting a red lace bra peek through the flimsy fabric. A matching thong was hidden beneath her skirt and her shoulder-length hair was pulled off her neck, secured with a clip.

“You look like Lolita,” she muttered to herself, adding some more blush to her cheekbones, doing everything she could to keep from thinking of what the next step in this new ‘career’ was. Slipping on the high heels that the girls had picked out for her, Buffy slowly made her way to the entrance to the stage.

“You okay?” one of the girls, named Cordelia, asked, seeing Buffy’s pale face as she looked at the entrance with trepidation.

“You’re first night…did you think you couldn’t do it?” Buffy asked, never making eye contact as she tried to control her breathing.

“It’s hard your first night,” Cordy said with a supportive smile. “It gets easier. And the money doesn’t suck. What’s the worst that could happen?”

“I could fall on my ass and get booed off the stage,” Buffy said without missing a beat.

“I’ve been here over a year, and, trust me, these guys wouldn’t boo anyone off that stage, let alone a cute little blonde who will feed each one of their perverted cheerleader fantasies.”

“Ew,” Buffy said, wrinkling her nose at the image of the slobs in the audience fantasizing about her in any type of intimate setting. It was bad enough that she would have to take off her clothes in front of these people- now she was feeling a different kind of violation.

“Just go with the music,” Cordy continued. “Forget that anyone is watching and just pretend that you’re having some fun at home.”

‘Home,’ Buffy thought, suppressing a snort. ‘What’s that?’

“Thought of a stage name yet?” Cordy asked.

“Stage name?” she asked, feeling more panicked.

“Well, ‘Buffy’ would be a perfect name on its own, but you don’t want these guys tracking you down during the day. It’s too much of a hassle, and it’s just easier all around if they knew you as something else.”

“What’s yours?”

“Cherry…I know, I know, it’s a little cliché, but turns out those are the best names.”

“Want to name me?” Buffy joked, feeling too nervous to think of any name, let alone a ‘cliché’.

“Sure,” Cordy said, looking out at the stage. “Bambi is available. The girl using it was the one who quit. Only fitting that you would be the one to use it since you have her job now.”

“Works for me,” Buffy muttered, seeing Gunn motion to her from across the stage.

“You’re on.”

* * * * *

Walking through the crowd, Buffy tried to get over the violated feeling that seemed to surround her. She had already made six hundred dollars from her first set and was now instructed to work the crowd for lap dances. She hated the idea of disappearing into one of the back rooms with a stranger, but Gunn had assured her that there would be a bouncer outside the door the entire time, and if anything happened, the customer would be taken care of.

Seeing her boss standing next to the bar with an intoxicated blonde, Buffy met his eyes before walking through the crowd, pasting a fake smile on her face and flirting with men who she assumed were regulars.

* * * * *

“Who’s that?” Spike asked, a slight slur evident in his voice as he looked at the little blonde in the skimpy, red dress.

“New girl,” Gunn told his friend. “Want an introduction? A little help to get over Drusilla?”

Normally Spike would prefer to continue drowning his troubles in the vast array of bottles set before him, but there was something about this girl that kept drawing him in. No matter where she was in the room, circulating and giving a winning smile to anyone who talked to her, a smile that Spike recognized as fake, his gaze seemed to gravitate toward her.

Leaning back against the bar, his eyes narrowed as he watched her smile falter when an overgrown ape stood up, leading her toward the back rooms.

“Yeah,” he said, never taking his eyes off the blonde. “Set it up…I’ll double whatever that guy is giving her.”

“Fair enough,” Gunn said, quickly making his way through the club and cutting them off before they got to the doorway.

Spike tilted his head, studying the young woman as her eyes darted to the bar before turning back to her boss. A smirk slowly played on his lips as he watched her. It was going to be an interesting night.

Watching as the blonde walked over to him, he let his smile widen. “Hello, cutie.”

“Hi,” she said with a shyness that she hoped was misconstrued as seductiveness. “You’re supposed to go with me.”

“Lead the way, Goldilocks,” he said with a smirk, openly appraising her ass when she turned and led him to the back of the club. Walking behind her a few paces, Spike tilted his head and bit his lip as he watched her hips sway beneath the tight material.

Walking into the small room, Buffy bit her lip as Spike sat down on the couch, comfortably sprawled out as his gaze looked her up and down.

“Nervous?” he asked, raising an eyebrow as he picked up on her little signals.

“No,” she said too quickly, shaking her head.

“Come now, luv, you don’t have to lie to me.”

“This is just my first time in here,” she said, biting her lip. “My first night.”

Hearing the soft music start, he watched her posture go rigid before she forced herself to relax.

“You don’t have to do anything you’re uncomfortable with,” Spike said, tilting his head to study her and feeling a strange need to protect this girl.

“Thanks,” she whispered, taking a deep breath before walking over to him.

Spike eagerly complied when she took his hand in her smaller one and pulled him to his feet. “You kicking me out?” he asked with a smile, trying to put her at ease, briefly closing his eyes when she felt her hands rest on his hips.

“No,” she said with a soft smile. “I just think it will be a little easier if we start standing…is that okay?”

“That’s fine, kitten,” he said in a soft voice that sent chills racing along her spine.

‘This isn’t right,’ she thought, trying to suppress the shivers that his voice caused. ‘You’re not supposed to be attracted to the customers…even if they are unbelievably hot with amazing British accents and eyes that you could lose yourself in.’

Avoiding his eyes at the thought, Buffy slowly began moving her hips to the music. Her eyes widened when she felt his reaction to her body pressing against her. Running her hands along his chest, she refused to think of the muscles she encountered. Stepping back, she felt a rush go through her when his arms wrapped around her waist.

“Uh uh,” she said with a playful smile, pushing him away. “No touching, remember?”

“Why not?” he asked with a pout, looking her up and down as she lifted the hem of her dress, giving him a better view of her tanned thighs.

“It’s against the rules,” she said with a smile.

“I don’t like rules,” he countered with a smirk.

“Then I can ask the nice bouncer outside to bounce you from the room,” Buffy replied with a sweet expression.

Admitting defeat, Spike held his hands up in surrender before putting them behind his back. Closing his eyes as she gently put her hands on his stomach, he sighed when she pushed him down to the couch. Opening his eyes in time to see her shimmy out of her dress, moving to the beat of the music, he felt himself grow painfully hard as she stood before him.

Watching as she brazenly straddled his lap, Spike couldn’t resist the urge to rest his hands on her hips, looking her up and down and taking in the exposed skin. Only her red scrap of a g-string offered any coverage on her body.

Gritting his teeth as she moved against him, Spike looked up at her with lust-filled eyes, suppressing the groan of desire as she writhed on his lap. Halting her movements for the time being, he felt his breathing escalate when her body automatically arched against his before she looked into his eyes.

“What’s your name?” he asked in a raspy whisper, holding her up by her arms to look into her eyes.

“Bu…Bambi,” she said, relaying her stage name.

“Your real name, luv.”

“I don’t think I should tell you,” she said softly, trying to refrain from pressing her lips to his when she realized how close he was. ‘No kissing, Summers,’ she thought to herself. ‘Dancing. That’s it.’

“Tell me,” he whispered, pulling her closer to run his tongue along her collarbone, tasting the salty skin and feeling his erection grow even harder, seeking her out.

“I can’t,” she murmured, grinding her hips against his and halting any further questions as she moaned and arched her body into his.

Clutching at her hips while she began moving on top of him, Spike marveled for a moment how this wasn’t so much a ‘dance’ as it was ‘shagging’. Their clothes were still on- well, his clothes were still on- but the intimacy of the moment was a shock to him.

Sitting up more and changing the angle of their movements, he smiled when Buffy cried out in pleasure as the new position caused her sensitive clit to push against his covered erection.

“Please, pet,” he whispered, reaching for his belt. Her eyes widened for a brief moment before grabbing his wrists and holding them in a surprisingly strong grip.

“Can’t,” she murmured breathlessly, arching her back into him, allowing him to take a nipple into his mouth. Pulling a hand free from her grasp, Spike gently squeezed the other exposed breast, surprised when Buffy’s hand covered his, increasing the pressure.

Squeezing his eyes shut when her arms wrapped around his neck, Spike listened to the soft cries of pleasure that came from her as she rode out her orgasm. Nothing could have surprised him more than the feel of her nearly-nude body pressed against his, clutching at him before his own climax overwhelmed him.

Holding onto her for a moment as he let his head fall to her shoulder, Spike slowly opened his eyes, trying to contemplate what just happened.

“Well, that was new,” he whispered breathlessly, unable to move his head from her shoulder as he tried to regain his motor functions.

“It was?” she asked, gasping for air.

“For a woman to make me come in my pants, like I’m a teenager who doesn’t know how to work his equipment? Yeah.”

“That’s a good thing, then?” Buffy asked, sitting back to look at him through hooded eyes.

“Bloody hell, woman, you have no idea what you do to me, do you?”

Choosing to ignore the question, Buffy sat up and turned to look over her shoulder at the clock that was hanging over the door. “I’ve gotta go,” she whispered, reluctantly standing up.

“No,” Spike said, grabbing her wrist before she could put her dress back on. “At least tell me your name…tell me when I can see you again.”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea,” she said softly, pulling free of him and slipping her dress over her head before walking toward the door.

“Wait,” he said, calling out to her before she could leave.

Watching as he reached for his wallet, Buffy bit her lip, feeling a mass of conflicting emotions run through her. Seeing him pull out a wad of bills from the leather, she took a step back, shaking her head.

“It’s yours, pet,” he said, offering her the money.

“Keep it,” she muttered before quickly turning and fleeing the room, slamming the door behind her.

Spike stared at the door for a long moment before it opened again, revealing his friend.

“Well?” Gunn asked, leaning against the frame. “Was she worth it? Did you forget about your ex?”

Still staring out the door, Spike was barely listening to Gunn. “Who?”

“I take that as a ‘yes’ then.”



Thanks so much to: Franchesca, Caitie, PK, Alicia, phantomwriter, Amanda, Celestria, Nic, willowmouse, pj, Rana, BuffyandSpikeForever & Renee for reviewing!