A/N: Thank you to everyone for the wonderful reviews:) They are really giving me the motivation for this story and I hope you all continue to enjoy the chapters:)



4

Ugh. What did she drink to leave her with a killer headache? Buffy sat up, rubbing her eyes and wincing at the painful throb in her head. What time did she get up last night? Her mother must have been furious with her. Cold, she reached for the covers, and gasped when her hand brushed against a muscular shoulder. She wasn’t alone…what the huh? Buffy stared out at her surroundings, finding that she wasn’t in her room and she wasn’t alone. Where was she and did she really want to know who was in bed with her? She cried out as she looked down at Spike’s nude body laying cuddled up next to hers.

Oh God! What happened last night? How did she end up in bed with Spike and why was she so hungry? She’s never been this hungry in her life. She could eat a horse farm or two. None of this made any sense. She remembered thinking about the Bronze. Maybe she had gotten drunk and…no. No, there was definitely something wrong with that scenario. Even drunk, she wouldn’t have jumped into bed with Spike.

Setting up in the bed so her feet could dangle, she rubbed her face with hands that seemed unnaturally cold and ran over what she did the night before. She had gone out on patrol. She had been bored beyond relief until she came across a demon. The demon…she had fought it…but it had gotten the upper hand and had hurt her somehow. The pain…Oh god, it was unbearable. All she could do was just lay there and let her lifeblood leave her body. Death was upon her when Spike had arrived and began some stupid diatribe about Drusilla…and then….Spike had bitten her and then…Her stomach constricted with the memory of drinking something powerful…yet cold and dark…oh god!

“Hello cutie,” a deep British accent whispered into her ear, sending her to her feet and to the other side of the room at an unnaturally fast pace…even for her. Further proof that she was no longer part of the living. “You’re as magnificent as I thought you’d be, love.”

“Y-you! What did you do to me?” dumb question, but she needed to hear it. Something in her was holding on to a small sliver of hope that she was wrong. Somehow she had healed up and Spike probably called himself kidnapping the slayer or something incredibly stupid like that…she was probably just jumping to conclusions.

“What do you think I did? Gave you a new life, pet. You were going to die by the hand of some two bit demon, too daft to realize the kill he was about to make. Would have been a bloody waste for you to go out like that,” Spike shrugged, getting out of bed, approaching her carefully. He heard stories about turned slayers, and none of them were pretty. The newly risen vamped slayers usually tried to attack their sires. It was usually necessary to dust them right away, but Spike was hoping that Buffy would be different somehow. From the first time he saw her, he knew she was different from all the other slayers. Her spirit…her soul…she was magnificent and everyone in the demon community knew it. She had been hard to kill…now she was going to be stronger then ever…and it was all thanks to him.

“You son of a bitch!” she flew at him, her fist smashing into his nose, knocking him back down onto the bed. Buffy didn’t give him a chance to get up. She had him straddled and she was attempting to pummel him but good, but he dodged all of her blows. Soon enough, she was under him, her hands pinned above her head as he glowered down at her.

“None of that now, kitten. I saved your sodding life, slayer. You should be bloody well thanking me. It’s not like you don’t have your soul.”

“Saved my life?” She laughed, tears now pouring from her eyes. It hit her how her life was now changed. No longer could she see the sun. No longer would she go to school with her friends and eat lunch out on the steps in the sunlight. No more malls and shopping with Willow. No more Sunday morning brunches with her mother. It was all over and it was Spike’s fault. “You didn’t save my life Spike. You destroyed it! You should have just let me die! This…this is hell!”

Spike laughed. The loony bint thought she was in hell? She had no idea what hell was! She didn’t have to witness the love of her life shagging the great poof and rub it in her face day in and day out. No, the slayer had no idea what hell really was. “You have no idea, pet, and thanks to that shiny soul you retained thanks to your slayer title…well you have other things to worry about.”

Buffy frowned. This was new. Giles had never mentioned anything like this to her. What did he mean, she had a soul? As if reading her thoughts, Spike answered.

“Since you’re the slayer, your soul stays…but your strength increases. You’re the strongest slayer there ever was. Enjoy it,” he let her go and got to his feet as he felt the pull from his sire, calling him to the chambers she shared with Angelus. They had probably sensed his new fledgling’s presence and wanted to question him about it. Damn, this was going to be hard. He wasn’t ready for Angelus to know that the slayer was now his childe…but then again…sometimes things happened for a reason. Maybe the fact that he had turned a slayer would give him status with Dru again…maybe…

All thoughts left Spike as he looked down at Buffy, her hazel eyes bright with hunger. It was almost time to feed. Would he go back with Drusilla now, if given the chance? He had the most gorgeous vampire as his childe…would he even want to go back? Somehow he knew the answer to that and didn’t know if he liked it. Dru had been his dark princess for so long…to think that their love affair was truly over…well it hurt, but not as bad as it had the night he came home to find his dark plum mated to her sire. Drusilla had moved on a long time ago…it was time he did the same thing.

“Where in the hell are you going?” Buffy glared at her sire as he released her and moved for the door, unaware that his own sire was calling out to him at that moment. She still wanted to stake him, but she wanted to get down to the truth of why he had turned her. Why couldn’t he just let her die?

“Being summoned, pet. Stay put until I come for you. You’re safe here,” Spike turned to face her, not really wanting to leave her, but he didn’t want to risk Angelus coming to the door. He wanted to introduce his childe himself, not have the great poof walk in on them.

He was being summoned? But she wasn’t done with him yet! She had so much to say about this vampire thing. Maybe if she got on his nerves enough…he’d stake her! She opened her mouth, about to argue about his leaving, but he was gone in a blink of an eye, leaving Buffy to maul over her new status as an ensouled vampire/slayer.

~*~

Spike found Drusilla in what could be considered the throne room, perched on Angelus’s lap while the elder vampire lapped away at her neck. She giggled and declared how her daddy was a bad dog and could he hurt her a little bit more. Angelus was about to do just that when he noticed that they were no longer alone. Spike had answered his sire’s call. Well it was about time the boy paid some respect.

“You want me for something?” Spike asked, struggling to keep his composure. Cool and collected. That was how he had to play it. He wasn’t going to let them know that it hurt any longer. He was done being their bitch. Who needed loony Dru when he had a lovely vamped slayer waiting for him?

Angelus pulled Dru closer and glared down at the younger vamp, wanting to be as menacing as possible. He really didn’t take this siring another vampire without permission too kindly and wanted to know what Spike thought he was doing before he dusted the fledgling. “Dru here tells me you’ve been busy.”

Spike shrugged, ignoring the butterflies that was now battling inside his stomach. He couldn’t understand it. Why should he be nervous? It’s not like they know that his childe was Buffy…right? Bloody hell! He’d be turning into a big poof if he wasn’t careful.

“It all depends on what you mean by busy,” Spike shrugged, trying to seem as nonchalant as possible. He had a sinking feeling that all of the posturing was for nothing, but he had to try. The sodding slayer was his responsibility now. He’ll go to hell before he allowed Angelus to touch her.

“Dru’s premonitions are never wrong, boy,” Angelus glared. He turned to a minion, his voice dark and menacing. “Go to William’s chambers and bring the fledgling to me. We’re going to teach William a lesson about playing hide and seek…especially when it comes to taking fledglings without my permission.”

“Oh please! Like there’s some kind of rule saying that I need that all Aurelian vampires need the great poof’s permission to make fledglings!” Spike rolled his eyes. Angelus may be the head of the line now, but there was no way he was going to believe such tripe!

“For you there is,” Angelus glared, pushing Drusilla from his lap so he could stand with a ready stake in hand. “Now. It’s time to meet this fledgling before I dust…”

Screams of horror and fists pounding against skin interrupted Angelus’s diatribe. All eyes were on the entrance where the minions Angelus had sent after William’s childe came flying into the room. Spike smiled with pride as he watched his slayer storm into the room, grab the minion’s head and rip it off it’s body.

“That’s my girl,” he grinned. Angelus wanted to meet his childe…he just got his wish.

“William’s been a very naughty boy,” Drusilla pouted, her unhappiness clear in her voice. “Daddy, make him stop.”

Buffy stood tall, facing the monster that wore the face of what she had once considered her true love. She then glanced at Spike, who only looked at her with pride gleaming in his eyes. Why he was so proud, she didn’t know, nor cared. She just wanted to go home, and if she had to pummel Angelus…well then so be it. She turned back to Angelus, ready for a fight.

“Hello lover,” She smiled, crossing her arms in a way that exuded confidence. If her heart could still beat, it would be beating out of her chest, she was certain of that. Hopefully, Angelus couldn’t smell her fear from where he stood.

“Does anyone know the meaning of security around here?!” Angelus roared. He was in no mood for a confrontation with the soul’s girlfriend right now. He had a childe to chastise. “I don’t have time for you. Best you leave now girl. Maybe I’ll let you live one more night…”

Suddenly Dru groaned and knelt over. Angelus was by her side at lightening speed as his mate moaned in pain and turned an icy stare at the slayer. “William has been a very naughty boy indeed, daddy. The slayer…she no longer lives…she’s one of us now…my pretty William made her into his new princess…and she’s…glowing…I can’t abide her!” Dru flew at Buffy, just to go flying back into the wall when her face met Buffy’s fist. Buffy fell to the ground as Angelus left his podium and backhanded her, his stake in hand when suddenly his pathway was blocked by a growling Spike, who was determined to protect his childe.

“Ah ah, Peaches. This one’s mine. You don’t touch her,” Spike pushed her away from Buffy, who got to her feet, wiping away the blood that was drabbling from her nose. Spike’s demon came out in anger as he smelt her blood, desperate for revenge. “If you do that again…I’ll show you what real pain is. I’ll make that shiny soul you had seem like a fucking picnic, mate.”

“You’re forgetting your place, boy.”

“No. I’m regaining it. Things are changing around here Angelus. Enjoy yourself while you bloody can, mate. Soon, I’ll be back in charge and you and your bitch will be out of here,” Spike stood face to face with his sire, all fear of Angelus was now drowned out by his anger. No one touched Buffy in such a rough manner…never again. She was his, and he was going to take care of her. The bloody poof had nothing to say about it.

“Get out of my face. The both of you. The sight of your bitch is making me sick,” Angelus turned away to go check on Dru, who was knocked unconscious when her head had hit the wall.

Spike just grinned in satisfaction before turning to check on his childe. That was a bit of fear he saw in Peaches eyes. He was bloody well sure of it. He had the poof scared and that was all he had ever hoped for. At last, he was getting back some his own. Who would have thought that he’d have the slayer to thank for it all.

“Come, Luv. Let’s go back to our room. I’ll treat that shiner for you,” he touched the side of her face that seemed a bit bruised, yet was fading already. “I’ll be damned…healing up already.”

Buffy stared at Angelus lifting Drusilla off the floor and felt only disgust. A long time ago, she had loved him and had thought them to be forever. Now…she wondered how she could have been so blind. It was so obvious that Angelus wasn’t for her and whatever Angel was…he wasn’t real. What was real was Spike. Spike turning her…helping her…defending her even. He had no soul, but he treated her like he did. What was that? Was the Council wrong in what they had said about vampires? Looking at Spike and remembering their first meeting and how he had constantly tried to kill her and her friends, she decided that no, they weren’t wrong. Vampires were cold blooded killers. The only reason Spike had turned her was because he wanted her help in overthrowing Angelus more or less. He didn’t care about her. He was selfish and evil. She had seen enough proof for that to be an undeniable fact.

Back in their chambers, Buffy’s mind began to wonder again. She missed her mother and her friends. Their absence was like a deep ache in her very being. She couldn’t do this…live like the monsters she had been taught to search out and destroy. She glared at the being that was responsible for making her like this…a monster unsuitable for the company of her loved ones. A souled beast, at his command and probably control. She was so going to kick his ass for this.

“I want to go home, Spike,” She glared at him openly, not really sure what she was trying to accomplish by repeating her wish.

“You are home, love. Get used to it,” Spike shrugged, laying back against the pillows, unaware of the tears Buffy shed as she realized that her life will never be the same again. She was good and damned and there was going to be no way to save herself, much less the people she loved.