Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all the wonder reviews:) I'm happ
5

“You bloody bint! You’re driving me insane!” Spike stormed back into his chambers, Buffy following behind him with a hateful glare. He had taken her out to teach her to hunt, but the sodding slayer had refused to cooperate. It’s been a few days since the confrontation with Angelus and Spike thought it was time to show the newly turned slayer the ropes. Sure, he knew it would be difficult teaching her to hunt because of the soul, but he hadn’t expected her to be so damn stubborn about it. He’d point out an innocent victim, she’d refuse to attack them. He pointed out a murderer, fresh from the kill from the smell of fresh O neg that came from him, still the slayer wouldn’t attack. After about ten more tries, all ending in arguments and insults, he gave up. He’ll keep at it until she gave in, but for now he was going to let it drop. All he wanted to do was go to his chambers and read some poetry. Forget about his stubborn childe for a few hours, but not before letting her know just how angry he really was. “If you don’t eat, you’ll die!”

Buffy only snorted, her arms crossed in steely determination. She was the slayer. Her job had once to protect people from creatures such as herself. There was no way she was going to feed off of humans like they were cattle. She didn’t care what her sire may say or do. If she died…well that was for the best. One less monster on the planet. “Fine with me.”

“Why? Are you doing this just to drive me bloody insane, slayer? Because if you are…”

“What? What are you going to do, Spike? Stake me? Go ahead! I don’t want to be here anyway! I hate this! I hate you! So go ahead and stake me! End my fucking misery!” Buffy yelled, tears streaming from her eyes. She had never felt so down in her life. She missed her mother and her friends. She’d do anything to see them again, even if it was to say goodbye, but Spike had been adamant. No contact with her former life. She was dead to them. It was best she remained that way. He had said that she should thank him for making the decision for her, but she didn’t. She wouldn’t. He had taken all that she was and made it into something it was never meant to be.

Spike opened his mouth to yell at her once more when he felt Drusilla’s pull on the sire/childe bond. Bloody hell. What did they want now? He had thought that Dru and her daddy would leave him and Buffy in peace after the confrontation a few days back, but it looked like that was a false hope.

“Stay put, Slayer. We’re going to discuss this when I get through seeing what the poof and Dru wants,” Spike glared at her before storming out of the room, leaving Buffy to think of ways to escape the lair and make her way to her friends. She wasn’t taking kindly to this at all and was going to get away from Spike if it was the last thing she did.

~*~

Spike groaned as he entered his Sire’s chambers just to find her naked body draped over Angelus. The elder vampire just leered at him with cruel pleasure. Spike knew then that whatever this was about wasn’t going to be pleasant.

“Good of you to join us Spike,” Angelus grinned. “Dru here felt like some company and since I knew what a prude that slayer is…well thought you might like to watch.”

Spike frowned, somehow knowing that whatever Angelus and Dru had planned, he wasn’t going to like it. Bloody wankers. What was the point of rubbing their relationship in his face? Why was Dru so into her damn “daddy” that she had forgotten all he had done for her. Faced down an angry mob in Prague, got hit in the head with an ax by the slayer’s mother, got his sodding ass kicked time and again by said slayer, and still she longs for her fucking daddy!

“Listen, I’m not in the mood for any of your bloody head games, Angelus. I’m not interested,” Spike turned to leave, just to find that his legs wouldn’t move. He frowned and looked at Dru, who had a cruel, greedy light in her eyes. Of course. She pulled rank on him. Forced him to stand still and wait for whatever torture she and the wanker had cooked up.

“Stay pretty William. Stay for princess…”

He wanted to tell her that she was no longer his princess, his he had a new princess that was waiting for him, but he knew it wasn’t true. Buffy hated him and Dru…despite everything, he still loved her. He still longed to hold her and run his hands through her dark tresses as he used to do. He longed to taste her once more, feel the powerful tange of her blood slide down his throat as she held him tight in her arms…but those days were past. Dru was Angelus’s now and there was nothing Spike could do about it.

“Ah, Dru. You always know how to turn a man on,” Angelus dipped his head into her cleavage. Spike’s demon came to the fore at the sent of Drusillas rich blood spilling out onto her dress as Angelus began to drink.

Spike held back a heartfelt whimper as he watched his enemy enjoy what he once had only a few short months earlier. He found himself unable to look away as she moaned in erotic bliss as Angelus’s hand clenched her ass and pulled her body up against his own.

“Oh, Angelus…no one had ever made me feel like sunshine and honey!” Dru gasped, her face lit up with elation. “Not even my William…”

Whatever was left of the heart Spike held safe for his dark princess was crushed. She had finally done it. She had finally destroyed the one part of him that made him more special then any other vampire. He had finally gotten it. For a century, he had been wrong. He had thought Dru loved him…in her own twisted way…but she didn’t. She probably never had. Probably just biding her time until Daddy returned. He stood there and watched as the mated vampires drank each others blood and had intercourse, both keeping their eyes on him, making sure he watched and that it was made perfectly clear that Drusilla would never be his ever again.

After fifteen minutes have passed and Dru and Angelus laid in each other’s arms sated, for the moment, Dru released her sire’s hold on Spike, allowing him to move and leave. It was Angelus’s voice that stopped him cold in his tracks as he headed for the door.

“Is it clear now, boy? She’s mine. Forever. Until we’re dust. You don’t touch her, look at her, don’t even think…heck, dream of her. Drusilla is mine. Do you understand me?”

Spike stood there as he closed his eyes and clenched his fists, resisting the urge to tell Angelus to sodd off. To tell the poof he’d do anything he damned well please, whether it was thinking of Dru or even touching her, but he didn’t. He just sighed in misery and tried to push away the coming devastation.

“You hear me, boy? Do I have to repeat…”

“I hear you. All I have to say is sod off, Peaches.”

With an angry roar, Angelus flew out of bed and penned Spike to the wall by his throat. “You better show me some respect, childe. I can take that pretty little childe of yours and make her mine as well if you’re not careful. Heck, I might just go ahead and do that…just for the fun of it. Do you hear me, childe?”

Spike looked away, not wanting Angel to see the fear in his eyes. The wanker could have Dru, but he’d be damned if he let him have Buffy, too. “Yes.”

“What was that?”

“Yes,” Spike openly glared, hating the wanker more then he ever had before.

“Good. Now get out of here. I’m sure the slayer is getting lonely,” Angelus released Spike and watched as the younger vamp left the room, not giving Drusilla a glance.

“You shouldn’t be so hard on William, daddy,” Drusilla slinked up to Angelus, draping her pale arms over broad shoulders.

“The boy needed to be punished, Dru. He vamped a slayer. A dangerous slayer at that. Such a thing does not go unpunished.”

Drusilla said nothing else in William’s defense. She just allowed Angelus to push her back onto the pillows and have his way, forgetting the fun and danger of the ending night.

~*~

Buffy was on her way. She was leaving. Spike had gone off, god knew where, leaving her with a perfect opportunity to escape, but first she had to think of where to go. Back to Giles? Would he stake her on sight? What would her friends say? What would her mother say?

Should she just leave Sunnydale all together? Hide out somewhere that Spike couldn’t find her? Maybe she should just dust herself? Call the council and let them do it for her? Gah, she was so confused. She needed to leave, and leave now before Spike got back. She was wasting time here. Taking one last glance around the room, Buffy got up and opened the door just to find Spike leaning against the entrance, looking…well…devastated.

She frowned as she automatically vamped out. What the…she hadn’t meant for that to happen. She was disappointed that her chance to escape was gone…but she didn’t feel all ..grrr…about it. Her frown deepened as something inside her…something strong and primal lifted her arms and pulled Spike close to her. What the heck…what was going on here? She didn’t tell her arms to do that…she didn’t tell her body to move close to his, her hands to stroke the back of his head. Soft cooing purrs left her mouth and she somehow knew what was happening. Her demon. It sensed her sire in distress and wanted to comfort him somehow and in it’s determination moved past her soul. Oh, this so wasn’t of the good. If her demon was strong enough to veto the soul’s decisions towards Spike…would it be strong enough to ignore the soul’s protests when it came to killing?

Then came the sobs. Not her own, even though hot tears of distress was coursing from her eyes, but Spike’s tears as he allowed her demon to lead him back into the room and down onto the bed they shared. Her hands led his head down to her lap and stroked his hair. Her own distress was soon forgotten as curiosity took it’s place. What had caused this? Where did Spike go, and why did it cause such devastation. If it hadn’t been Spike, she would feel sorry for the him.

“Spike…what…what is this? What happened?”

Spike struggled to rein in his emotions. This wasn’t the way he wanted to appear in front of his childe, which was the reason he was lurking outside the door instead of going inside. He wanted to be strong and sure of himself, not seem weak and pounce-like. Now the slayer saw what he really was…what all those people at that bloody party the night he was turned saw…William the bloody awful poet. Not William the Bloody, slayer of slayers. She saw him as weak now.

“Dru…she called me in to her chambers…bloody bint…she had me watch her and Angelus shag. And Angelus…he told me not to even think of her again…or he’d…,” at the thought of Angelus’s threat, Spike shivered. He wasn’t going to take Buffy. Spike wouldn’t allow it. He’d stake her first…send her back to the watcher somehow, if it came down to it.

Buffy didn’t want to hear anymore. She was sickened by what Dru and Angelus had done. What was that ho-bag thinking? It was obvious that she didn’t want Spike, so what was the purpose of calling him in to watch her escapades with Angelus? She had to admit, she now felt sorry for her sire. His sobs were heartbreaking, she wanted to go to Drusilla and do her slayer duty. Meanwhile, her demon roared in outrage. It wanted to avenge her sire somehow and give him back his dignity. Amazing, her soul and the demon actually agreed on something.

“How could she do this to me? Wasn’t it enough that she mated with the wanker? That she dumped me like a burning cross? Did she have to help him rub it in my face, using our sire/childe bond? Did she have to be so blunt about it,” Spike sobbed, now losing himself in his grief, forgetting that Buffy was even in the same vicinity. All that existed right then, was his own broken heart, shattered in a million pieces. “I’ve done everything for her, my dark princess. I faced mobs and faced slayers for her. Did any of it matter? Damn women! Are they all so bloody heartless? Consider me dirt beneath their sodding shoes?”

Buffy’s heart broke once more. Amazing, she felt the walls she had built around herself against Spike crumble. Nobody, not even Spike, deserved what Drusilla had done, and Angelus…her demon again roared in outrage as the girl that had once loved Angel died a little bit more, she was going to have to stake him. Not only for what he had done to Spike…but also to protect her friends and family. Just because she was dead …or a vamp as the case may be, that didn’t make them safe. She was going to fix that. Not only for her friends and her mother…but also for Spike as well. It surprised her that he would be included in the people Buffy wanted to protect, but the broken man before her touched her heart in a way no one ever had. It wasn’t pity…it was something else…something she couldn’t explain. Her soul cried for him as her demon roared for revenge against the ones responsible. Oh yes, Angelus and Drusilla were going to pay. She was going to make sure of it.

“Spike…forget them. You don’t need her, just like I don’t need Angel. We’re like, so much better than them. We have each other. We always will,”

Confused, Spike looked up at Buffy, expecting to see the demon peering out at him, instead, he was amazed to find her demon mask gone and the girl staring out at him, her eyes bright and shiny with tears and strong with determination. This wasn’t the demon talking. It was the slayer…Buffy. Something had changed that night. He wasn’t sure what, but he was positive it would see him through this heartache and give him something so much better. Piece by piece, the slayer was handing him back not only his dignity, but his humanity as well. Maybe women weren’t as cursed as he thought. Maybe…just maybe by chance…he had found the one woman that could love him forever. Leaning in to gently kiss her parted lips, Spike laid them both back down onto the bed, where they fell asleep in each other’s arms, knowing that their relationship had just taken a turn for the better.