Author's Chapter Notes:
Now that the missing chapters have been replaces lets continue on our journey...just as a prewarner there is another an at the bottom if i put it up here it would confuse the situation as it explains something in the text!
Chapter 11

They had sat there in a comfortable silence watching TV. for what seemed like hours when the phone rang. Buffy had just run upstairs to go to the toilet and shouted down for Spike to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello . . . who's this? Where's Buffy?"

"Buff's just run upstairs, she should be down in a minute. Who's this?"

"It's her boyfriend, Angel. And just who the fuck are you?"

"It's Spike. And from what I heard, you're not her boyfriend anymore," he said, surprised at how calm he sounded.

"Who told you that? It was just a misunderstanding. She didn't mean it. Anyway, we are working through it."

Spike looked up to see Buffy coming down the stairs. "Who is it?" she mouthed silently. "Angel" he replied. Buffy's face paled, and she signed to Spike that she wasn't there if he asked.

"Oh sorry, man, that's just the rumour I heard. Must be my bad."

"Where is she? Should she not be down by now?"

"I dunno, she must be feeling sick. Do you want me to pass on any messages to her?"

"Just tell her we are going to have to have another talk when I come back next Sunday."

"O.k. Will do. G'bye"

"What did he want?" Buffy asked nervously.

"He wanted to talk to his girlfriend. He's been gone how long, and it's only now he decides to call?"

"A week. I dunno if there were any other calls. I camped out in Willow's for a few days, but I doubt it. He never was much into showing anyone any affection unless he knew he'd get something out of it."

"He's home on Sunday. What're you going to do then? You know he's probably going to come over here, don't you?"

"Yeah, I know. I dunno what I'll do. Hide maybe. Or I could dye my hair and go into witness protection. That sounds good . . . "

"Or I could just sort him out for you."

"You promised me you wouldn't. There will be no beating on Angel on your part. Please. It's as much for your sake as mine. He won't do the beating, but don't forget, he will get some of the football team to make your life a living hell. I've seen him do it before."

"What if it was self-defense? If he started on me, I'd have to be allowed to fight back, right? Otherwise it wouldn't be fair."

"I suppose so."

"Good. So all I have to do is provoke him into hitting me, then beat the shit out of him," he quipped back, smirking.

"You're unbelievable."

"And you say that like it's a bad thing."



Angel's thoughts

Who had that been on the phone in Buffy's? She should have known better than to have some guy around in her house. He'd only been gone about a week and already she seemed to have disobeyed him, and her telling him he was dumped! She didn't choose when it ended, he did. That name though . . . Spike. It was familiar. He just didn't know where he had heard it before, but he had. And he had an odd accent as well . . . kinda British. Oh shit! No, it couldn't be, could it? If Spike Giles was back in Sunnydale, and that was who answered the phone, there would be trouble in 'paradise'. Hopefully, Buffy would know better than to let him back into her life, let alone her house. But what if she had told him about the split? What if that was how he heard about it, not some rumour? If she had told him about the fight, had she told him about the 'arguments'? Sure, Spike'd never believe her anyway . . . He was the star quarterback. No one would believe her over him . . . except maybe Spike. . . 'That could make a interesting welcome home,' he thought ruefully.

"Angel, honey, are you coming back to bed?" asked his newest flavour of the week, Faith.

"Yeah, coming now. Say, how would you like to come back to Sunnydale with me?"

Let Buffy play all she wanted, but he would show her two could play that game.



Coffee house - same afternoon

"Willow, I just don't know what I'm going to do. He claims I'm still his girlfriend!"

"What did Spike say when he heard that? Oh my god, had you told him about it all at that stage?"

"Yeah, but just like an hour or so before! It would have been awful if I hadn't. I can just imagine his face if that happened. But he was great, he really was. He covered up for me, saying I couldn't come to the phone and all that. He was so sweet. And after he got off the phone, he made the whole 'egg in a cup' thing I used to love. But now I'm so confused."

"Why, what happened?"

"I think we nearly kissed. Well, what I mean is, when he was waiting for the eggs to cook, he was just looking at me, and me at him. And all I wanted to do was go over and kiss him, and I was on my way, just walking over, and it was as if he knew what I was thinking and was thinking it, too . . . "

"And then?"

"Then the god damn egg timer beeped, and the moment was broken! But what I mean is, should I feel this way so soon after breaking up with Angel?"

"Answer me this, and answer it honestly. When is the last time you felt like this about Angel? Do you even remember . . . no, you don't because it was so long ago. In the last two days since Spike came back, you have spent more time talking about him then you did in a month about Angel. I think that answers the question. And if you're still not sure, just think. You didn't have a real relationship with Angel for over a year, maybe even two, and don't even say it was. If it was, he wouldn't have treated you like shit, like he did. So when you look at it that way, it's not too soon after it. And don't go and feel bad or guilty for wanting Spike. I think any hot-blooded girl would!"

"Even you?"

"Well, yeah, I suppose, a little bit. But there is something I want to tell you. I've found someone."

"Why? Who was lost?"

"Ha, ha, very funny! No, as in I'vefoundsomeoneandamnotsingleanymore!" Willow said in a rush.

"What?! Slow down there. Who?"

"Oz, from Dingoes. Remember the ones who played at the Bronze not so long ago?"

"Yeah, I remember them. How long has this been going on you, sneaky thing?"

"Officially about a week. I was going to tell you, but I thought you had enough on your plate with the whole Angel thing."

"I'm really sorry. You should have still told me. Even in the state I was in, I would have gone into auto-pilot best friend mode. I would have been there for you. I would have done the whole huggy, congratulations thingy for you!"

"And then break down into tears again. I didn't want to be all happy and glowy when you were as upset as you were. It didn't feel right somehow."

"But you should have been happy. It's a whole happy time! So when do I get to meet him?"

"Well, we were going to go to the Bronze tonight. You could come, if you want?"

"I don't want to be a whole third wheel thing. I'll just feel awkward."

"You don't have to be a third wheel. You could bring someone with you."

"And who do I have to bring? Wait, I could bring Spike!"

"That took you long enough! And if you don't want to make it look all date-y, you can just say you don't want to be the odd one out. He'd understand. And who knows? You could be the one with the big news and me going into best friend mode, doing the whole huggy congratulations thingy for you!"

A/N: Just about the egg in a cup thing, it was something my dad used to do for me when I was younger, (sometimes still does if I’ve the hangover from hell) and my boyfriend does it for me too, its where you boil an egg until its runny, it needs to be very runny, then the part that always hurts me cos I burn my fingers is you get a spoon and empty out the egg into a small bowl or cup and mix it all around so the egg white is covered in yolk, Its lovely it really is and you can also put it on toast instead of just eating it on its own…mmmm!!