Author's Chapter Notes:
the 2nd chapter up....
Chapter 14


Not long after their dance in the Bronze, Spike could be seen leading Buffy towards the beach. He hoped his plan would work as he lifted the blanket out of the trunk of the DeSoto.

"Where are you taking me?" questioned Buffy.

"It's a surprise, pet. Don't worry, you'll love it," he assured as he laid the blanket out on the sand. "You can open your eyes now if you want"

Buffy gasped as she saw the romantic scene in front of her. "You remembered?"

"How could I forget? This is where we had our first kiss. We were lying out under the stars, and I was trying to name them when you leaned over and kissed me."

"Did you know that when you were gone, I used to come down here after a fight with…"

"Shh, don't mention his name. Let's forget about him, just for tonight."

"But he'll be back tomorrow. What will we do then?"

"Same thing we're doing now. The only thing that will change is I won't leave your side unless I know you are safe. Pretty much the same thing I do anyway," he whispered with a smile. "Now, come on and lie down with me, and we can look at the stars."

Buffy lowered herself down and laid her head against his chest. " I missed this, you know. I honestly thought that I would never get this back. I never thought that I'd get you back or that you would even come back."

"You didn't get me back - you just never lost me. A home is not where your house is. Remember when I told you that every one should make a home in their own mind? Fill it with friends that you love and trust, and treasure memories instead of furniture? Then, if you have to go away, you can always take your home with you, and it eases the loss of the people you love."

"But the people you loved were all over there. You went back with your uncle to see your family," Buffy murmured softly.

"Do you really think that? Do you really think I didn't love you?"

"Well, you never said, so I just assumed you didn't. And I was always afraid to tell you. I think I felt that if I told you, I would lose you, just like I lost my dad. As it turned out, I lost you anyway," Buffy said as she turned her head away. After all she'd been through, she couldn't bear to see the pity that she was sure was in his eyes.

"You silly bint. of course I loved you! I can't believe you didn't realize. And you didn't lose me. You just temporally became insane and went with Peaches, but I was still there waiting for you."

Buffy was stunned. She couldn't believe it. After all this time, he still cared for her. 'No, not cared,' she corrected herself. 'He loved her.'

She leaned over to kiss him gently on the lips and was delightfully surprised when he reached around and pulled her closer to him. Within seconds, the kiss was becoming more and more frantic. Buffy started to run her fingers up and down his chest, feeling his muscles beneath his top, and started to slowly pull it higher and higher until she had to break away from the kiss to pull it off over his head.

Once his top was off, she tossed it over to the side and shimmied down until her knees were between his legs. She latched her mouth onto his nipple and started to suck on it, lifting her head away occasionally to blow cold air on it, causing Spike to moan.

"Holy shit, woman. Where did you learn how to do that, or do I want to.."

"She learned it from me. Take my word for it- she may not be the best cock sucker, but she is still good for one or two things. Isn't that right, Buff?" a gruff voice replied.

"Get away from me, you asshole," Buffy said as she slowly moved behind Spike. "It's over. We're over. Just leave me alone."

"But it's not over, not until I say so. And definitely not if what you are planning on doing is that piece of shit," Angel snarled as he gestured at Spike. "I thought we talked about this. You told me that you were over him. So it seems that not only did you lie to me, but you were also cheating on me with him the whole time, weren't you? As soon as my back is turned, you sneak lover-boy into town, just like the whore you were when I started going out with you. But I believed you when you promised me that those days were over."

"It wasn't like that," Buffy spluttered, only to be stopped by Spike.

"You don't need to defend yourself, pet. You did nothing wrong. It was him, every time. I knew he was a piece of dirt long before I left, and I made him promise that he would stay away from you because I didn't want you to be involved in some of his less than legal dealings. And as for him accusing you of cheating, well that seems to be rich coming from him with every thing you told me about the two of you."

"But as for you, Peaches," Spike spat with contempt. "What you did was despicable. To find out that the only way you can keep a woman is to beat her into submission. What would daddy say if he found out what a thug his darling boy is? It could ruin your career if this got out- unfaithful women beater. Tut tut tut tut."

Out of nowhere, a fist came flying towards Spike's face, knocking him to the ground, and before he had a chance to react, he found himself pinned down. "Do you do this to make yourself feel big, or maybe you just get off on being the dominatrix. I can picture you in the leather get-up. Must be a real turn on for all the boys in the locker room, eh?"

"Shut the fuck up, you cocky piece of shit. You know nothing about any of it. You leave the scene for two years and expect everything to be the way you left it when you come back."

"I know you stole my girl as soon as my back was turned, and you know I might have even let you away with it if I thought she was happy. But to beat her, to isolate her from most of her friends, all the while saying you were doing it out of love for her- now that I will never understand or forgive." Spike twisted under Angel, reversing their positions. "How do you like it now?" He growled as he laced his final punches into the squirming man underneath him. "How do you like to be on the other end of the fucking punches? Not as good as giving them, is it?" He swung for him one last time and smirked to himself when he heard a crack and looked down to see that Angel's nose looked broken.

" If you ever come near me or my girlfriend again, I will make you wish that I had killed you now. And don't think that it's a threat. It's not- it's a promise!"

Buffy walked over to where the two men were on shaky legs, looked at Spike, and gave him a shy smile. Then, turning to stare at the bloodied man beside her, she felt her strength coming back to her and walked over to kick her ex in the groin.