Author's Chapter Notes:
ok now with this chapter ive caught up with everywhere it is also posted when i get back you'll get the brand new chapter
Chapter 15

"I'd love to have seen his face! After nearly two years, not only does she stand up to him, but she actually kicks him in the..well, you know what I mean. Like, wow, what a turn around!"

Oz smiled at his girlfriend's enthusiasm. He was glad that Buffy had finally put Angel straight but was a little bit worried about what Angel would do about it. Everyone knew Angel didn't like his reputation as 'bad-ass' upset, but with an ex kicking him in the groin, well, it had spread around the town like wild-fire. He'd already heard three different versions of the story, and it was only 11 in the morning!

"Do you not think that Buffy should watch out more now than she was? Will he not be out for blood?"

Willow's brow furrowed. "God, I didn't think of that. Well, seeing as Spike thinks he broke his nose, maybe he won't be out and about 'til it is fixed."

"'Til what is fixed?" asked Buffy curiously. Neither of the two redheads had seen her come in. She slid into the booth beside Willow.

"Well, we were talking about Angel's nose. We were wondering if he would come out before the swelling had gone down. Do you think he will leave you alone now? Or maybe would this anger him even more?"

"Oh, I don't know. Boy, he was pissed when he left! He had some dark-haired girl in the car with him when he drove away, so maybe it will be all ok. He has a new conquest now. He said some really nasty things, though, tried to mess with Spike's head about me."

"What did he say?"

"I don't really want to remember all of it, but let's just say that if he even thinks of saying them again, Spike may well send him to the hospital."

* * *

"Spike, my man, when did you get back?"

"A week or so ago. When I heard it, I didn't believe it. Xander as a jock? What happened here when I was gone? Everything has seemed to do a 180."

"I guess you heard that Buffy is going out with Angel then?"

"Was," Spike growled. "He didn't deserve her, and finally she realized it and dumped him. He didn't take too kindly to that, I can tell you."

"I didn't know they broke up. He didn't say that last time I was talking to him."

"When was that?"

"This morning. He got mugged last night- nose broken and everything!"

"He didn't get mugged. I can't say what happened to him, though, not my story to tell."

"It was you, wasn't it?"

"Xander, look, it's better if you don't know. Safer for you. Out of interest, is he still into the shit?"

"What shit?"

"The drugs, man. Is he still dealing?"

"Yeah, he is. Tried once to stop him- learned the hard way not to try."

"Tell me, does Buffy know? I mean, did he every do any or any deals in front of her or with her?"

"No that I know for a fact. He was always going on about what a stupid bimbo she must be for not coping on."

"And you let him away with doing that to her? I thought you said you would look after her when I was away. And not only did you let her go out with him, you let him keep dealing and beat her up, but you joined him and the other fucking jocks!"

"It wasn't like that. He was determined that when you went, he would have her. Even used me to get to her. But I caught on that it would be better for her if she knew none of it. If she did, she would have been involved, and I did like you said and kept updates going to the police, but they could never get him. The easiest way to protect her was to lose her and stand by Angel. That's what I did."

"Ok, calm yourself. I'm sure she's attacked you enough for doing that, so I'm not going to. As stupid as it sounds, it's worked mostly. I'm on my way to meet her and Red- do you want to join me and rebuild some bridges?"

"Will she let me?"

"I'll talk to her, and you can then explain to her yourself. I'm not getting on the bad side of her, not this early on."

"This early on?"

"Yeah. For some reason, she agreed to take me back. Made me feel damn guilty about not trying to get back sooner rather than later but finally let me away with it. Come on, we better get going. I'm late, and the wifey awaits."