(Sunnydale Saturday morning )

Willow rushed over to Buffy's house and when she got the there Joyce told her that Buffy was still up in bed. Willow went upstairs and saw Buffy curled up in a ball on the bed, both arms wrapped around Mr. Gordo. She looked so small and fragile lying there on the bed.

"Hey, I'm here"

She was greeted by a quiet sobbing. Willow went over and put her arms around her crying friend, and started stroking her hair the way you would to a little lost child. As she was brushing back Buffys hair from her face she noticed yet another bruise on Buffys cheek.

"That looks nasty. Bang into a door on the way in last night?"

Buffy lowered her eyes, unable to look Willow in the eye. She knew she wouldn't be able to handle the pity that would undoubtedly be residing in her eyes.

"It wasn't a door. . . it rarely had been one . . ." Willow looked at her friend knowing it was best to say nothing just yet. This was Buffys story, she had to let her tell it her way. " . . .It was Angel"

Willow couldn't wait to get her hands on that son of a bitch! He would pay for this, but now was not the time for that. She was Buffys best friend. Now was the time to comfort her, make her feel better there would be plenty of time to plot Angels demise.

"How long has it being going on?"

"Nearly two years on and off . . . around the time me and Spike stopped talking . . . . he found out we still phoned and wrote to each other and I suppose just got jealous . . . . it was partly my fault though . . I was meant to be going out with Angel . . . . I shouldn't have kept in touch with Spike. Should I?"

"Of course its not your fault! You and Spike have been friends since like kindergarten. You had every right to keep in touch, but Angel had no right, none whatsoever to tell you who you could or couldn't talk to. And as for hitting you . . . no one has that right Buff. You know that. Did you ever tell Spike about this?"

"I couldn't . . . Angel made me promise not to contact him again . . . . and to make sure I didn't . . . couldn't, he burned the address and telephone number I had for him . . . even threw in some of the stuff Spike gave me and photos of us for good measure . . . . sniffles What am I gonna go? I can't go back to him but I can't leave him either. God only knows what he'd do to me if I tried!"

"We'll work something out. I promise. Don't worry about it. Is he still going on that road trip on Monday?" Buffy nodded "Fine then, that's two days away. Sunday night you're staying in mine, and you're gonna phone him and tell him its over. Just don't tell him were you're staying then he can't find you. But I'm afraid you'll have to explain to your mam, so she doesn't tell him where you are, ok? Do you think you can do that?"

"Do you think it will work?"

"Of course it will its an original Rosenberg plan! When have they ever failed?"

Sunnydale Saturday evening

You would barely recognise Willows room, let alone see the floor with all the books strew across it. She knew she had it somewhere. She had written spikes email address in one of her books. The question was which one! After her talk with Buffy, and Buffs admission that she was in love with Spike, it was obvious what she had to do.

Angel had always being wary of Spike for one reason or another, so if Willow could convince Spike to get his ass back to Sunnydale as soon as possible before Angel got back from his road trip, there would be less chance of Angel going for Buffy. All it was counting on was Spike still having feelings for Buffy which Willow was sure he did. And if he did it could end up in Buff and Spike getting back together, and getting the old happy-go-lucky Buffy back. All she had to do was find the email address, get Spike home, and hey presto all would be good in the dale of the sun!

London (Sunday morning)

To: Fluffybunnyslippers@hotmail.com
From: thebigbad@hotmail.com

Hey Stranger,

Long time no chat. Heard you were planning on coming back here for your final year. You know when yet?

Well I may as well get to the point of this, I need you to get back here as quick as you can. Buff is in trouble and I think you are one of the few people that will be able to her. Please write back as soon as you can either way.

Love Willow

Oh shit what was wrong? He knew something was up with Buff on the phone, he had to find out.

"Uncle Giles . . . I'm heading back to Sunnydale on the next plane, is that ok? Theres something I have to do there. Yeah I'll pack my bags now"


Authors Note: i know it may sound very quick how spike one minute says he's going to sunnydale and the next he's allowed but i do know families that are like that and he would be heading back with in a month or two anyway!!