Authors notes: sorry this is delayed ment to post it yesterday but inhaled some s*it in the chemistry lab and all i could do was lie in bed feeling sorry for myself, there'll be another chapter up by Saturday


Chapter 5


(Sunday evening)

To: Fluffybunnyslippers@hotmail.com

From: thebigbad@hotmail.com

I got your email this morning and I booked the next flight home I could get, I should be back over there sometime around half ten Wednesday morning. I’ll be back on my own, Rupes will be here at the end of the summer.

.Spike.


‘Thank god he was coming back so quickly. Should she tell Buffy or leave it as a surprise’ Willow wondered ‘ No she should tell her, prepare her for the meeting, or should she?’

* * *



(Monday Afternoon ~ ice cream parlour)

‘So you wanna go Bronzing with me Wednesday night, eh, Buff? What you say?” Willow asked in between mouth-fulls of ice cream.

“What’s on? It’s not like you to go on a Wednesday night. Who’s gonna be there? Anyone special for you maybe?”

“Shame on you thinking the only reason I would go out would be to look for some arm candy for myself. Could I not just want to spend some quality time with my best friend, eh?”

“Wills you can’t lie to save your life you know that don’t you? What’s going on? You’re hiding something!”

“No . . . no I’m not. I just want to have a girlie night out, you know, get the glad rags on, get out of the house and let our hair down, just thought you might like it for a change. We haven’t gone out since you and angel you know . . . . ended”

“I’m warning you, Will if this is a set up you’re dead. I’m not ready for anything resembling a male right now. So don’t even think about it!”

“Me? . . . set up? . . . . nope. . . . . none of that for me”

* * *


(Wednesday morning ~ Airport)

Willow fidgeted nervously as she waited for Spike to some off the plane. She had emailed him and arranged to pick him up.

She quickly scanned the crowds, but couldn’t see him anywhere. Where the hell was he, . . . . then she spotted him. No wonder she hadn’t picked him out of the crowd. Gone was the longish brown hair and in its place was a short peroxide look. Different but she had to admit it did suit him.

“Spike, Welcome back” she greeted him with a big bear hug.

“Wills, so good to see you. It’s been too long, so nice of you to offer to pick me up. How are you?”

“I’m fine never been better, yourself?”

“Grand so far. . . . jet lag hasn’t kicked in yet. Now tell me what was wrong with Buff? It’s not serious . . . . is it?”

“Emmmmmm . . . . . . I think that’s her story to tell you in her own time, I can’t do that to you. But she needs you right now, so even if she doesn’t spill all straight away just be patient, its gonna be hard for her to tell you. It took long enough for her to tell me about it ok?”

“Ok”

“Now, lets get you home to bed, get you some rest. You are coming out bronzing tonight, meet everyone again?”

“Will Buffy be there?”

“Yup and she doesn’t know yet that you are home, I kept it as a surprise so you’re not to call her! Capice?”

“You didn’t tell her I’m coming home?”

“She doesn’t even know I emailed you! I thought she might like the surprise, she needs something different in her life right now to make her feel better, and you my friend are the best candidate. Now stop you’ll trick me into telling you what’s up with her and I’m not falling for that, lets get your bags and get you home to bed”