Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey i don't know what happened!!! I went to update chapter 11 and found that somehow chapters 8 9 and 10 were gone.....odd little story gnomes seem to be out to get me, not only have the chapters been lost but also any reviews i had got for them :( So i hate to beg, but i am also able to check how many ppl are reading the chapters compared to reviewing and i dont know if the majority just dont like what they're reading, are too busy to review or dont know what to say but just so you all know anything is good!! even telling me what you would have like to have seen
Chapter 8

Willow

She had been right! She knew there was still something between Buffy and Spike. It had been obvious that Buffy still harboured feelings for Spike, just from the way she talked about him, not to mention how she looked at him. And there had never been any doubt about Spike’s feelings- he'd promised to love Buffy forever, and even if Buffy probably didn't see it, Willow did. It was good that he was home. She knew that Buffy hadn't said anything about Angel to him yet and probably wouldn't unless she had a gentle nudge in the right direction. She'd have to do it before Angel came back, and he'd be back soon. No doubt he would start a fight when he saw Spike. Those two had never gotten along. She just hoped she was right that Buffy hadn't changed so much that she would keep the whole Angel thing a secret from Spike because if that was what she planned to do, Willow would have to take it upon herself to tell him, and she didn't want to be the one to do that.

* * *


Spike

It was weird. He was back in good old Sunnydale for the first time in two years, and it was as if he had never left. He had gone to the Bronze and danced with Buffy just like the old times. He smiled ruefully to himself as he remembered their dance earlier that night. He had gotten caught in the moment and seemed to be reliving so many memories, thinking, maybe even wishing, it was the old days again. She many not have responded to the kiss like he hoped, but on the up side, she didn't rush away from him. So there was still some hope, and something to work on.
He was still wondering what had happened to her. Something or someone had hit 'his' Buffy and bruised her. He shook himself- she wasn't his anymore, was she? Chances were, she wasn't going to tell him what happened straight out. He'd talk to Willow and get whatever scraps of information that she'd give him and make Buffy think he knew more than he did before asking her to fill in the gaps. Then he'd deal with whoever the bastard was.

* * *


Buffy

Willow had done the right thing in convincing her to go out tonight. She'd really enjoyed herself, and not only because Spike was back. It was like a weight off her shoulders to know that Angel wasn't going to be there. Thank God he wouldn't be back for nearly two more weeks. It would give her some time to pluck up the courage to tell Spike about it . . . and to give him some time to calm down after hearing it. He never had liked the 'poofter'. She'd tell him tomorrow . . . or maybe the next day. Would he ever forgive her for going with Angel? She hoped so. She really needed all the friends




A/n: I know this was short, very short but i needed it to bridge over to the next chapter, Steine: Don't worry angel is stopped in soon, its just ive a few more chapters written with him in it, but the abuse is basically gone apart from to show the caring aspect of spikes nature, also it served as a catalyst to get him home before school started in which case it would have been harder for buffy and angel to break up, or maybe thats just the way it works for me!! I thought it would be more likely that if you were trying to get away from someone like that that you would do it in an enviroment where you didnt have to see them every day straight away, gives her a chace to distance herself from the whole relationship. Or at least it did in my mind!!
Fre: Dont worry i will be updating faster, ill be heading on hols in about 2 weeks so i'll be putting up two poss three chapters just before i head and hopefully will get some chapters written when i'm away, then i'll just have to type them up!!