-Authors Note: In this chapter, we’ll meet a new character, for those of you who’ve seen the film ‘Vampires: Los Muertos’ then you are aware of the character I’ll be introducing and the ones I might refer to. For those of you who do not, you’ll soon find out.-


Part 2
There‘s No Place That I Could Be Without You, Honestly.


The outskirts of Sunnydale weren't much nicer than Sunnydale itself, in fact, they were worse. They required the ability to be physically strong. A quality that neither Buffy or Spike felt that they held at that point in time. In order to go on in their journey towards happiness, they needed to rest for a few days. Finding a safe place to stay seemed impossible but it was extremely necessary.

The demons that Willow had destroyed were permanently gone, but newer and stronger demons were popping up in every corner and they needed to find a place that could withstand the evil and the elements.

After walking for about seven miles, the sun was only an hour away from rising, which meant in order for Spike to survive they needed to find shelter soon. They walked through a small town called Fernwood. Buffy had seen what looked like a warehouse and the two began down that street, only to be halted by two vampires.

The female one had a reaper blade, Buffy went after this one, quickly knocking the blade out of her hand. Wasting little time, Buffy picked up the vampire’s own weapon and swiftly removed her head in one quick motion.

Spike had gone after the male one. This one had a good reputation for being the tough guy of the gang, Spike could tell. He’d require a little more beating up before he was dusted. That’s when Buffy ran over to help. With every punch and kick she felt a little more powerful and stronger causing the vampire to become weaker. Finally with one forceful kick, she sent the vampire flying into a brick wall. Spike then did the honors of staking it.

Turning around, facing Buffy, he smiled at her. She returned the smile and the two walked silently to the warehouse at the end of the street and entered through a side door that was open about an inch.

Once inside, they found that the warehouse was an abandoned vampire nest. Dead bodies and painted windows easily gave it away. Thankfully this would only be a temporary hide out for the two while the sun warmed the dieing earth.

Walking up a staircase, Buffy examined the upper level of the warehouse, dead bodies completely littered the floor causing her to wince from the sight and pungent odor. Quickly turning around she went back downstairs to Spike who was moving the bodies to one area of the large building. “Spike, I don’t think I want to stay here...” She murmured.

“It’s our only option. Besides, we need some time to think about our next move, decide where we’re headed and how we’re going to get there.” Spike explained. Buffy nodded understandingly.

She sighed heavily and tiredly. “Well, if I have to stay here, I’m glad you’re with me.” Buffy smiled at Spike, then looked down, avoiding eye contact as much as humanly possible. The feelings she had for Spike were confusing and letting him see that she felt them, would make things more difficult to understand.

Spike’s soul warmed inside with the gorgeous glow of her smile. He knew that in the end they could be together, and there was no way that he would let it not happen. There was no where that he could be if he was without her.

-------------

After they’d cleared a space for themselves to sit and be somewhat comfortable, discussions of what they would do next arose.

Buffy spoke first. “So, I was thinking...” Thunder crashed again, and clouds dulled the suns brightness. “...we could go to Vegas and get jobs in a casino, possibly buy a big house outside of the city...” Spike interrupted her with one of his heart-melting smirks. “What?”

“Nothing, please, continue.” He said, still holding the smirk on his ever pale face.

“Not until you tell me why you’re giving me that look.” Buffy crossed her arms defiantly.

“You. The life that you have planned out sounds perfect and I’d love to have all of that...but, do you think we’ll be able to?” Saying that to her wasn’t probably the best thing to say, but he had no choice.

She looked a little saddened. “Well, maybe not exactly like that...we’ll probably have to live in a cave to keep you out of the sunlight.”

“Which isn’t going to happen. You can’t not be happy because of me.” Spike was beginning to think that all of his thoughts about them living ’happily ever after’ were becoming less and less possible.

That sounded all too familiar, Angel had said practically the same thing to her. She wouldn‘t let Spike get away that easily. “What? What are you talking about? I’d be happy living out on the streets as long as I was living on them with you.” Buffy couldn’t believe the words that were coming out of her mouth. What was more scary, was the fact that they were true.

Was this really Buffy that he was talking to? The Buffy that he always knew? The one that hated him and wanted nothing more than to kill him at one point in time? After either of them saying nothing, Buffy spoke again. “There’s no place that I could be without you, honestly.”

Spike smiled this genuine, bright smile and was about to say something in response when suddenly there was a rather loud crashing noise from up in the loft. He looked at Buffy, both of them looking a little frightened by it. “Shh...I’ll go see if anything’s up there.” Spike said as he stood up.

Buffy nodded and watched as he went up the ladder. He disappeared into the darkness of the loft and she prepared herself in case she had to run and help.

-----------------

Up in the loft, Spike put on his demon visage and looked around then slowly walked over to a chest and opened the lid, seeing a man tucked carefully inside, hiding. Spike wasted no time pulling him out. “Who the bleedin’ hell are you?”

“Whoa whoa take it easy there...I’m just passing by, no need to get violent.” Said the man. The man had dirty blond hair and wore a mahogany colored jacket and he had some sort of weapon strung around his back.

“I said, who the bleedin’ hell are you?!” Spike had a grip on the mans collar, determined to get some information out of him before letting him go.

“Name’s Derek, Derek Bliss.” Derek tried to offer a hand to shake but Spike would have no part of a proper introduction just yet.

Spike was satisfied with that answer, and thankful the man didn’t give him more of a hard time about it. Being tough always helped get the answers out quicker. “Alright, now that I know who you are, I want to know ‘what’ you are.”

(Part 2 title from ‘Honestly’ by Zwan)
-Reviews welcome-