Disclaimer: I own nothing except the ideas buzzing in my noggin.

***************************************************

Dedicated to: Allison, TXJMfan, Shippy, Franchesca, Marianna, Revello_1620, BuffyandSpikeForever, Vicki, Dreamgurl4eva, Kari Mouke, Rona, Sevvy_O, Spikessweety, Mizzfoxyfreak, Meli1_77, KarBear57, Angelicvampyre, and Raemcn.

I’m so glad you loved it and I love you guys for giving me such sweet words of encouragement. *kisses and sloppy spikes for all!!!*





5 seconds later

“Well…that’s gonna leave a mark,” Buffy sighed happily into Spike’s arms just enjoying the feel of his love wrapped around her like nothing else on the face of the earth. She was back in his arms by her own decision and God did it feel right.

“Buffy.” Spike said quietly not wanting to upset the bubble of crimson glow surrounding them.

“Hmmm?”

“Buffy….luv…look at me.” The uncertainty in his voice cutting through the euphoric haze she was still in and letting her know that he had something serious to say.

Sitting up fully she was careful not to jar him as they were still intimately attached and the image that bit of information fed to her brain made her clench her inner muscles around him involuntarily.

Both of them moaned softly as she shifted getting comfortable her teeth sunk into her bottom lip as she tried not to give into the heady sensations so sweetly beckoning them both.

Looking deeply into Buffy’s hazel eyes he could already see the slow burn of passion in them and that all it would take was a single touch for that passion to be entirely stoked to fruition.

*No…No… what I have to say is too important. * He thought to himself trying like the devil himself to quash his lustful yearnings for the sweet flesh in his arms.

“Buffy…what I did….” He said hesitantly lightly brushing his fingertips over his mark making her moan again, “You…do you know what it means?”

Her stomach and heart twisted into a knot as she gazed into his bluer than blue eyes seeing the worry, the uncertainty of what he did and asking her forgiveness for it.


She shivered lightly as the tender emotions she had been unable to convey in their previous encounters but had always felt for him, suddenly washed over her in a thunderstorm of realization.

Cupping his face with her hands she looked deeper into him, deep into the soul she knew he had even before he had gone to Africa, past the demon and into the man and tried to convey how he made her feel. How he had always made her feel.

Safe.

Protected.

Adored.

Wanted.

Loved.

And the list went on from there.

“You’ve claimed me and I you. We are one until one of us dies. One heart. One breath. One love.”

The smile that accompanied her words reached into her very depths filling her entire body with light and happiness so bright that it brought tears to Spike’s eyes to see it in all it’s intensity.

“I love you Spike. I wish it hadn’t taken me so long, I wish I could have admitted it,” she shook her head a bit as if to clear old cobwebs away before continuing, “But I didn’t want to love you. I thought I couldn’t. I thought if I did, it would kill me, kill the slayer part of me but I didn’t know. How could I?” she asked tilting her head and gazing on him her eyes filled with the warm tears that flowed over and streamed unimpeded down her face. “How could I know that by denying what you wanted so badly to give me…I was really killing myself already.”

Spikes face reflected shock, awe, happiness and nothing but unconditional love as he gently pressed soft kisses to her cheeks kissing away her tears as she struggled to tell him her heart.

“I didn’t know …didn’t realize until you came back….I….I just missed you so much Spike…”She sobbed softly her throat tight and her voice quiet and husky. “But I still had to be the strong one, still had to be the Slayer, and I did. But…I missed you. Missed your strength, missed your smile, even your smart assed comments.”

He chuckled a bit leaning back again and gently caressing her face watching her quietly his heart warming with her crooked smile.

“But do you know what I missed most of all?” She asked earnestly watching him shake his head, “I missed your spirit, I missed…your soul. I hope…I just need….please…can you ever forgive me?”

He watched her face taking in the trembling lip, the quivering chin, the guilt ridden eyes and knew without a doubt that he had forgiven her already. Seeing in her the truth he had not even dared to hope for not so long ago.

Now he could see her for what she really was. A woman, a warrior, a lover, and his equal but scared just as much as he was. Her heart was in his hands. How could he not love her? How could she even ask?

A slow smile started across his handsome visage as he tangled his fingers into her long damp locks. One word was all that was needed. One turn of phrase and she would be his completely.

Pulling her forward he kissed her long and deep releasing her only to utter that one perfect word.

“Mine.”

The stars above shone more brightly or maybe it was her imagination all Buffy knew was with that one word she was forgiven and would be forever loved and cherished by this special man.

As she shifted her hips filling herself with him again she smiled at him her eyes brilliant as emeralds and said simply, “Yours.”

The End

***************************************************

Well I hope you all liked it. It actually turned out to be a love story didn’t it? But that’s ok cause fluffy Spuffy is so wonderful I think. Let me know how you liked it. And thanks for all the wonderful reviews.