Author's Chapter Notes:
thank you for the amazing amout of reviews the last chapter got!!!! OMG i was spellbound. It was amazing!
Anyhoo, as thank you I decided to post this now instead of Sunday. Hope you all like it.
Nikki xx
P.s. please leave me lots more reviews they make me smile!
Chapter 32: Searching

“Mom! Buffy’s gone!”

Joyce just looked at her daughter, flabbergasted. “What do you mean she’s gone?”

Walking past Dawn, she too walked into the room they had last seen Buffy in, to find that it was totally empty. As more rain started to pour in through the open window, Joyce walked up to it and shut it before turning back to her youngest daughter.

“It’s her wedding day Dawn, where could she have gone? Why has she left like this?”

Dawn had a good idea why her sister had left, she knew if she was in her sister’s position she couldn’t have gone through with it and married Riley. She knew that was probably the reason her sister had left.

As Joyce started to get worked up, she paced back and forth in the tiny room, Dawn watched as she started to get more and more panicked. With the wedding dress still in her arms she stepped in front of her mothers stride, stopping her pacing.

“Get dressed, mom. I have an idea where she may have gone.”

***
Buffy’s bare feet walked through the wet grass, causing water to squelch between her toes. Her undergarments were soaked through and were sticking to her body. Her hair was plastered to the back of her neck, and the water was running off her. Yet still she carried on walking.

As she had sat there staring at her reflection, she knew she couldn’t do it. She couldn’t go through with the wedding. It would destroy everything that she was.

As she walked through the pouring rain, she knew she had to see him again. Just for a second. She had to see that he was happy with his new wife. She had to know.

Carrying on she ignored the rain as she walked the way she knew by heart.

***
With their shawls wrapped tightly over their heads to try to keep the rain off them, Joyce and Dawn walked up the drive up to Hartley Manor.

Joyce was perplexed as to why they where heading back here. “Dawn, Honey, what makes you think that Buffy will come here. She was sacked from here sweetie, she didn’t like it here, remember.”

Dawn however had other ideas. She knew who Spike really was, and she knew that her still sister cared deeply for him, despite what she had said the last few weeks. She couldn’t hide it from her sister.

Walking up to the main doors they knocked on the door, to have it opened by Wesley. Much like Buffy had on her first day here.
“Can I help you?” Wesley looked at the two drenched presents in front of him. How could they want anything to do with the manor?

It was Dawn who spoke up. “We are here to see William.” Joyce stared at Dawn wondering how she knew these things.

“Does he know you are coming?” Wesley looked at the pair in front of him with nothing but disgrace.

“No, but this is very important, please I have to see William.” Crossing her arms over her chest, she stared at the butler in front of her.

“Fine.” Stepping aside he allowed the two into the house.

Once inside the grand opening hall, Dawn turned to her mother. “You wait here, I’ll go talk to William. I promise I will explain everything, but first we have to find Buffy.” Hugging her mom she turned back to Wesley. “Take me to him.” Dawn was secretly enjoying being able to tell this man what to do.

“Follow me.” Together the two walked up the stairs.

Stopping outside a set of double doors, Wesley turned to Dawn. “Wait here.” He then went into the room on his own.

Williams’s room was dark, as the drapes had been pulled closed blocking out all light. William sat at his desk, holding a glass of whiskey. His back was turned away from the door, and his head was bowed down. Wesley cleared his throat but still William did not turn round.

“Sir, there is a young lady here to see you.”

Williams voice was a low growl, but he didn’t look at Wesley. “Wesley, I told you I did not wish to be disturbed. So you can just tell this woman that I do not wish to see her.”

“But sir-“ Wesley tried to speak again but a rather angry William cut him off.

“Leave my presence at once.”

Bowing slightly, he left the room. Closing the door behind her he turned back to Dawn. “He won’t see you. I am sorry you must leave now.”

Dawn was not about to take no for an answer, her sisters life was at stake. “Let me try.” Pushing past Wesley she entered the room before he could stop her and shut the door behind her.

Hearing the door open again, William still didn’t turn round. “Wesley! I told you to sod off.”

“Spike.” Hearing the quite voice speak his nickname, William spun round, to see a wet, very meek Dawn stood before him. His anger suddenly dissipated, standing up he picked the blanket up of his bed and wrapped it round her.

“What are you doing here, pigeon?”

“It’s Buffy, Spike.”

William was shocked to hear of his past love. “What about her? Dawn?”

“S-she’s missing. She was –“ William didn’t wait to hear the rest of what she was saying, on hearing the word missing he has rushed past Dawn and straight out the door, past a started Wesley. Dawn rushed out after him.

“Where are you going?”

Without stopping or turning around he carried on walking down the stairs. “I’m going to find her.” As he reached the bottom of the stairs he saw Joyce.

She stared at him as though she had seen a ghost. This was the same man that had come to her house that day with Buffy. She had had no idea that he had been a gentleman, now here he stood in front of her, in all his finery. Suddenly Buffy’s behaviour since returning home made more sense.

William bowed politely in front of her. “Mrs Summers. I assure you I will find your daughter. Go and wait in the sitting room. I will get someone to light the fire for you both.” Turning from her, he looked at Wesley.

“Get someone to light the fire, and then get these fine people something to eat.” Then without further ado he strode over to the door and out into the pouring rain, determined to find his girl.

***
Buffy stood at the top of the hill, staring down at Hartley Manor. She was no longer aware of the rain that soaked her to the bone.

Staring at the house, she remembered all the memories she had shared with William there. She knew it would be Drusilla’s home now.

Buffy was unaware how long she stood there. Time seemed to have lost its meaning. Still the rain poured down, but still she remained unmoved. There she stayed just staring at the house, and all the dreams she had lost.

***
William searched but he could not find her anywhere. His clothes where wet; yet still he carried on. He knew he must have been searching for at least the last hour. He hoped that he found Buffy soon. If she was out in this terrible rain, then it would not be good for her; William began to fear the worst.

“Buffy, love. Where are you?” As he wondered around he called out to the deserted world around him.

He wondered what had possessed her to come out in such driving rain. What had made her run away from her home? He was glad that Dawn had come to him, to try and find her, and by god he wasn’t about to let another Summers woman down.

As he walked up the hill, something caught his attention at the top.

Led on the sodden grass there seemed to be a mound of something white. As his stomach leaped he ran up to it. As he got closer he could see the outline of a person. Putting on an extra burst of speed, he ran up to the inanimate object.

There led on the floor, immobile, was his Elizabeth. Falling to his knees beside her, he quickly checked for her pulse, she had to be alive, he couldn’t lose her again, he just couldn’t.

“Come one, pet.” As he held his fingers gently against her neck, he felt the faint trace of a pulse. It was very weak, but it was there. Closing his eyes, he silently prayed to whichever gods had allowed him to find her.

Reaching down he scooped her up into his arms. She seemed to weight less than a feather. Her lifeless arms flopped over making it difficult at first for him to carry her. He swore as he noticed she wore nothing more than her thin cotton undergarments that clung to her petite body. Why was she out like this? She was soaked through and William worried about her health.

Turning round, he saw what Elizabeth had been staring at; Hartley Manor. The realization sunk in, she had come to see him, and because of that she might now die. William felt a fool for letting her go, and now there may be a high price to pay.

Clutching her body tightly to his, he made sure he had a good hold of her, so as not to drop her, before making his way back to the manor. His angel was back with him, and he wasn’t ever going to let her go again.


TBC…

Please please please leave me a review!!!!!!!