Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow, finally at the end!!! Feel so sad to be at the end.. i think I am going to miss writing this one, guess I am just going to dive in and write others. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone that has stuck with me throughout this one, and thank you sooo much for all the review, I can't believe i have over 300! You have all made me soo amazingly happy! I can't help smiling everytime i look at this fic now... so thank you everyone. Hope you all enjoy the last chapter. Please leave me a last review!!!
Chapter 40: New Lives

Elizabeth was awakened in the middle of the night by a loud knocking on her door. Opening the door, she saw Willow stood there wearing just her nightgown, Screams of pain could be heard outside the room.

"It’s Anya, Elizabeth, she is having the baby."

Grabbing the shawl off the end of the bed, Elizabeth ran from the room before Willow could say anything else. She headed straight to Anya and Alex's room.

After all that had happened in the last few days, the entire Summers family had been moved into nicer rooms in the house while they looked for a house to buy themselves.

In their room, Anya was laid on the bed in what appeared to be lots of pain. It seemed that she was far gone in the labor. Alex was at her side holding her hand tightly and placing kisses on her forehead. On the other side of Anya was Joyce. She held her daughter-in-law’s hand tightly, helping her breath through the pain. Tara stood with a bowl of warm water posed ready to help and Dawn was stood in the doorway watching the miracle of her new niece or nephew being born.

Then at the bottom of the bed helping the baby out, the job that Giles had done in the past, knelt William.

His sleeves were rolled up and his hair was mussed from sleep. Elizabeth felt her heart flutter as she watched him. She knew at that moment that she wanted to mother his children. She knew, without shadow of a doubt, he would make a wonderful father.

"That's it, pet, one more push, you are nearly there. I can see the head." Williams’s voice brought Elizabeth out of her daydream and back to the reality of what was taking place in the room.

Anya's cries of pain were clearly heard, "I don't want to push. Make it go away."

Alex, the ever-loving husband that he was, stroked the hair gently from her face. "Come on baby, you can do this, you have done it once, you can do it again. Come on Ahn."

With one last final push the baby was delivered to the world. The room was deadly silent and then a second later a small cry broke the silence as the small child took his first lungful of air.

"Congratulations," holding the child, William wrapped him in the blanket that Tara now held out, "You have a beautiful little boy."

Cleaning him off, Tara then gently placed the little boy in the welcoming arms of his proud father.

"Hey little guy," leaning over, he placed a gentle kiss on his exhausted wife’s lips. "You did good, baby. I am so proud of you. I have a son."

Joyce had tears in her eyes as she looked at her second grandchild. He was such a precious thing. His arrival greeted the start of a brilliant new stage in everyone’s life. A time when they had no more worries, thing were as they should always have been.

Wiping his hands on a clean towel, William unrolled his sleeves and walked over to Elizabeth.

"Hello, pet."

"Hey you." The two hugged each other tightly as they watched what went on in the room around them. "You did an amazing job, thank you." Giving him a gentle kiss, she then turned to her brother.

"Well then, Alex, what are you going to call this bundle of joy?"

"Ahn and I have discussed this actually. There really is only one name we want to call him. William you have helped us all so much. You have done more for my sister more than I think she realizes. You have managed single-handedly to achieve something that we had all been unable to do; you have managed to save my entire family from ruin. Therefore we would like to name our son, William Rupert Summers." looking down, he looked into the innocent face of his little son.

William was overwhelmed, and didn't really know what to say. Giving one more look around the room he could see everyone's happy, yet exhausted, faces. “Thank you. Well everyone, we should let these good people have some time alone. We should all get back to bed or else we will all look terrible for Red's big day tomorrow. And I am sure she won't want that either." He kissed Elizabeth on the forehead, “Go back to bed princess, Maid of Honor has a lot of work ahead of her tomorrow.”

Smiling, Buffy walked back to her bed in a dream like state.

Watching her go, William then turned back to the rest of the room. "Tara would you mind staying behind to make sure that Mr. and Mrs. Summers have everything that they require for Master William?"

"Of course not, sir."

"Thank you,” turning back to the happy couple he spoke, “Congratulation again you two, and well done Mrs. Anya. Well I hope you don't mind if I head back off to bed." Bowing politely he left the room.

***
The following day it was like spring had finally come to Hartley Manor. With the arrival of a new life in the house everyone’s sprits seemed higher than they had been in a long time.

The servants seemed mostly in a flutter as well. Once they had made breakfast for everyone in the house, they had been given the day off so that they could all attend Willow and Oz's wedding.

Elizabeth had barely been able to sleep properly when she had gone back to bed. She kept seeing her cute little nephew’s face in her dreams. His adorable little button nose and tiny little hands. He truly was a William; Elizabeth could see that even before he was a full day old.

At 8 o'clock she had been unable to hold off seeing him anymore and had wrapped her shawl tightly round herself and wandered off down the hall to go and see little William.

Opening her brother's bedroom door, she saw Anya and Alex were sat on the bed, with their cute little bundled nestled in the sheets between them.

"Hey you two; I have come to see little Master William."

"Come and sit here, Buff." Placing herself at the end of the bed, she watched as he tossed in his sleep. There were certainly no worries as far as he was concerned. He was a picture of health and happiness, the pure little angel he was.

After spending half an hour just watching and adoring her little nephew, and after a few small little cuddles, it was time for him to be fed. Leaving so that Anya could have some privacy, she headed back to her room.

As she got closer to her room, she could see a red headed person pacing in front of her room. As she got closer she saw the stress signs on her best friend’s face.

"Oh Elizabeth you’re here! Can you believe it I am getting married today! In three hours no less. But I have to start getting ready. Please will you come and help me. I would ask Tara but I know she was up half the night and I really don't want to disturb her. Oh gosh I am getting married. Can you believe it?”

"Will just calm down. I am maid of Honor I am at your disposal for as much or as little as you need me. Now then, are you getting ready in your room or mine?"

"Umm, well your room is bigger. Would it be ok if I got ready in yours?"

"That’s fine. Go and get yourself sorted, I'll go up to your room and go and get the dress. Anything else you want me to bring?"

"No, that’s fine. Just make sure Oz doesn't see you. He can't see the dress."

"Yes Willow." Smiling, Elizabeth headed off in the direction of the servant rooms.

As Willow entered her best friend’s room she felt slightly apprehensive. She had recently learnt of her friend’s secret identity and still didn't really know what to make of it. To her she was still the same kind hearted girl that she had always known, and she was sure that Elizabeth herself didn't look upon her any different. But still the thought lingered: what would other people think?

Entering the room, she realized that she had been worried to think that the room would show Elizabeth’s wealth and she would see no connection with the person she once knew. The room was, although bigger, much like Elizabeth had kept her servant room. It was sparse yet tidy, just like Elizabeth herself.

Walking over to the table by the window, there was an envelope with Willow’s name on it.

Curiously she picked it up; it felt bulky and heavy. Curiosity getting the better of her, she slowly opened it.

Inside was a small note in Elizabeth neat handwriting, and then wrapped inside the note was a small wad of money.

Confused she quickly read the note, however just at that moment Elizabeth came back in the room, panting under the weight of the dress. Guilty, Willow quickly put the letter and money down.

"One dress." Putting it gently down on the bed, Elizabeth turned to the bride-to-be.

Seeing her friends red face, she looked around her for the cause. There, lying messily on the table was the envelope that she had left out to give to Willow.

Motioning to it, she spoke to her embarrassed friend "I was waiting until later to give you that. It’s a wedding present from me.

"Will, you haven't really said anything since you found out who I really was. I am sorry I couldn't tell you before I really wanted to. Its just if didn't know what you would say. I was scared."

"Hey Elizabeth, just stop talking. I wouldn't have thought any less of you then and I don't think any less now. You are my best friend Elizabeth and you always will be, whether you are royalty or not. Thank you for the gift, it’s the sweetest thing you could have done for us. You know Oz and I can't really afford to get married. So thank you." Walking over, Willow gave her best friend a tight hug. "Now then, should we carry on getting ready for this wedding or not?"

With tears in her eyes over her friend’s amazing sweetness, Elizabeth smiled. Twirling a little piece of her friend’s hair between her fingers she smiled, "Come on then, let’s start on this hair."

Together the two girls went over to the dressing table and turned Willow into the resplendent bride that she was.

***
By the time they were ready to go to the church, Willow was a sack of nerves, and it was Elizabeth’s job to keep calming her down. Pacing the hallway as she waited for the horse and cart to pull round, the red head’s dress floated out behind her. The dress wasn't the most fashionable for the time, yet Willow still looked so beautiful in it.

"Oh Elizabeth, what if he has changed his mind? What if he no longer wants me? What if I get to the church and he isn't there?"

Placing her hands on Willow’s shoulders, Buffy looked deep into her eyes, "Will, trust me, the man is deeply in love with you, he won't have changed his mind, and he will be stood in that church right now probably nervous as you. Waiting for his princess."

Nodding, Willow gulped hard, just as Alex came through the main doors to tell them that their carriage waited.

Elizabeth, dressed in a simple cream dress, went and helped Willow out into the small cart. Jonathon sat in the driver’s seat, proud that he had been given the chance to do Oz's job for a change and on such a special occasion as well. As she climbed into the carriage herself, Elizabeth took time to note the effort that Jonathon had put in to make it look as magical as he could. The sides had ribbon running down them, and there were flowers picked from the garden in the corners and up round Jonathan. The horses’ reigns also had ribbon on them. It looked like it was out of a fairy tale, just like Willow wanted.

As they pulled up to the church, Elizabeth got out first before helping the bride out. As the walked up to the church the smell of flowers was overpowering. The small village church seemed abundant with them. They covered the arch doorway and the small path leading up to the church, Elizabeth knew that the inside would be full of them too, it appeared as though the village had gone all out for this wedding, it was clear Willow and Oz were well loved.

As they entered the church, it took Elizabeth’s breath away. The small building was fuller than she had ever seen it before in her life. Every seat was taken and the aisles along the side were packed with standing people, people who didn't want to miss this occasion. It appeared Elizabeth had misjudged just how loved Willow and Oz were. Everybody in the entire village had turned out for the wedding; not one person seemed to have wanted to miss it. The church was filled with men women and children all smiling as the bride walked down the aisle.

Near the front, Elizabeth could see all her family, they all looked so happy. Alex slipped in the doors behind them and went down the right aisle and slotted silently in next to his wife, who was sat holding little William. Leaning over he took his sleeping daughter from Joyce into his arms. Her family looked happier than they had in a long time, and it made Elizabeth’s heart swell. She knew she had William to thank for their happiness right now.

In the aisle next to the one her family was sat in, were all the house staff the couple worked with. Each person in this room was smiling and happy, like there was nowhere in the world they would rather be right now, and Elizabeth couldn't be happier for her best friend.

Then there at the front of the church, stood a very handsome looking Oz, next to him, acting as witness and no doubt doing the same job as Elizabeth this morning when it came to calming nerves was her man.

Looking very handsome in his new suit was William. Seeing him stood up there gave Elizabeth butterflies in her stomach.

As they got to the front, Willow went and stood next to her husband to be, while Elizabeth went and stood next to William. Reaching out she gave his hand a quick squeeze making them both smile.

The service itself was magical. There wasn't one person who had dry eyes as Willow and Oz professed their love for one another.

After an hour, the two were pronounced man and wife. Kissing like it was their first time, the star crossed loved smiled deeply at each other.

Taking each other’s hand, they led the way up the aisle to the smiles of everyone around them. Opening the heavy church doors they were greeted with the sunshine.

As they walked down the small churchyard path, they were greeted with even more happy people who had been unable to fit into the tiny church.

Greeting the people and thanking them for sharing their happy day with them the couple went and got into their waiting carriage, where Jonathon was sat waiting.

As William and Elizabeth entered the sunlit church gardens they smiled at each other. They knew that they had each found their soul mate.

Together they watched as Willow and Oz drove off and the people started to disperses, heading for the picnic meal that Willow’s family had organized near the town square.

Taking Elizabeth’s hand, William led her round to the secluded side of the church, where the heavy willow trees hung over onto the path and the smell of honeysuckle was overpowering. This had always been Elizabeth’s favorite place to come and William knew it. It was her quiet sanctuary.

Kissing her hand gently, the two lovers didn't have to share word to communicate how much they loved each other. They had got through everything life had thrown at them and they were together at last and nothing could ever spit them apart again.

Kissing her hand one more time, William got down on one knee, making Elizabeth’s heart beat suddenly.

"Miss Elizabeth Ann Summers, will you do the honor of becoming my wife."

Elizabeth couldn’t hold back the tears that flooded to her eyes. The man she loved and would fight tooth and nail for was asking to marry her. Unable to speak she nodded her head. As the tears flowed down her face, she uttered her answer, barely even sure if this moment was real she had dreamed of it so often.

"Yes, yes—my answer is yes."

Standing up, William captured Elizabeth in a tight hug, he felt so happy that he knew he might soon have tears to match Elizabeth’s.

Releasing her from the tight embrace, the future Mrs. William Hartley and her fiancé kissed passionately, everything was perfect at last. They knew that they had finally overcome all their trials and tribulations, and had come out of it all together, and nothing could split them apart ever again. They knew they would spend the rest of their lives together, and safe in the knowledge that they loved the one person that loved them fiercely in return.

Together they would share a wonderful future. A future fueled by their love for one another. They knew then that they would never be apart again.

Kissing passionately they went hand in hand to go and join the rest of the wedding party, and to share their happy news. Everyone was happy at last.

The End.

Well there you go.. hope you all enjoyed!!! Please leave a review!!!