Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this is a day late... I've been really ill recently. I asked someone else to post it for me but he didn't get chance! So I am really really sorry! Please keep reviewing. It has definately got me writing faster! So please review more.... and let me know if youlike me leaving comments to your comments, its a kinda thank you for leaving me reviews!!!
I'm sorry you are all not liking the BA at the moment.. just have faith in me that Spuffy will happen!
Chapter 7: First Touch

Elizabeth entered the room, Angel sat at his desk writing a letter. He was wearing a simple white cotton shirt that was open slightly showing his muscular chest. Her breath caught in her throat at the sight of him. He looked up from his writing as she entered, and gave her an endearing smile. Elizabeth could feel herself blush at him looking at her, she was sure that no one had every looked at her that way before. His eyes just seemed to radiate devotion and passion. She was sure that she wasn’t falling in love with him because she was already there. This man in front of her, she loved, it was a simple truth and one she found easy to bear.

Angel stood up from the desk and walked slowly over to her. Elizabeth trained her eyes to the floor. She may be in love with him but she was still his servant and that meant servant rules still applied plus she was unsure if her legs would hold her if he was to look into his eyes.

Angel placed his hand gently under her chin then raised her face up to meet his, he smile and gentle removed the tray from her hands placing it carefully on the table behind him without taking his eyes off her.

“Tell me Elizabeth, how is it that you always know exactly what I want before I even ask for it?”

“I don’t know sir, maybe I’m just getting to know you better”

“Or maybe you already know me, and therefore know what it is my hearts desire, every minute of everyday”

Elizabeth stared into his eyes, to see if he meant what he said. He stared back at her with love in his eyes; he could see the same reflected in her own. Slowly he learned down towards her, and caught her lips in a breath-taking kiss. Elizabeth closed her eyes and enjoyed the sensation of his strong arms slipping round her waist as he held her. Slowly she parted her lips and allowed his tongue to enter he mouth. Their tongues slowly danced together. Elizabeth had never kissed anyone like this before, but nothing had ever felt more right to her. Slowly they parted gasping for breath and they looked into each other eyes. Angel never once removing his arms from round her waist. It was Elizabeth that initiated the next kiss. She slowly leaned up and nibbled on his bottom lip before catching them in a tender kiss. Angel in response pulled Elizabeth closer to him. She enjoyed the feeling of being safe in his arms.

Elizabeth’s hand slowly worked down his stomach to the hem of his shirt, she quickly slid her hands under it and started to raise the offending garment off of his body. Suddenly Angel’s arms were no longer round her waist they were holding her hand, stopping its progress at removing the shirt. Elizabeth looked into his eyes confused, had she moved too fast, did he not want her as much as she wanted him.

Angel read the confusion and hurt in her eyes.

“Don’t you want me?”

“More than life itself that’s why I can’t Elizabeth” Angel stepped away from her and Elizabeth suddenly felt a shiver run up her body as cold air rushed to fill the area Angel had just been stood in.

“That’s why I can’t,” he repeated “I love you Elizabeth, but what can I offer you?

We could never really be, you would always be a mistress, and you deserve more than that.”

Turning to the table he poured himself a drink from the tumbler Elizabeth had brought up.

“I’m sorry, but please believe me I never meant to hurt you I do love you, if I wasn’t married to Darla I would propose to you on the spot. You mean so much to me, Elizabeth, please believe me, it’s your honour that I care about”

“I do believe you” Elizabeth tried to still the tears in her eyes, but it was no use one slowly ran down her check. Angel caught it with his thumb.

“I’m sorry Elizabeth, can you forgive me?”

“Of course I forgive you, I better get back to the kitchen, Miss Walsh will wonder where I’ve been”

Angel stepped away giving her room to move. As she was leaving the room he called to her “If you were mine I’d treat you like a queen, wife or not, but like I said you don’t want to be a mistress. Elizabeth? You still my girl?”

“Always” with that she left the room.

As she headed back to the kitchen she contemplated everything and everything that had been said. She didn’t feel as bad as she though she would, Angel had at least admitted that he loved her, and this was for her benefit. He really did care for and that meant everything to her. She imagined that he would treat her like a queen and that they would have been like a fairytale. But true love wasn’t a fairy tale, it was sometimes cruel and unfair, what Elizabeth felt was real. Something would have to be done and soon, Elizabeth couldn’t live with the fact that they loved each other, but couldn’t be together, yes something would have to be done.

Quietly she slipped back into the kitchen, everyone was already sat at the table clearly waiting for her to arrive. As she entered all eyes turned to her, she carefully kept her eyes on the floor as she took her place at the table.

“Sorry I’m late”, but she offered no elaboration as to the reason of her lateness.

Willow looked at her with worried eyes. She could tell something was wrong and she imagined that it had something to do with her last visit to Liam. She knew that Elizabeth would tell her in her own time.

After saying grace Elizabeth stared at the food in front of her, she’d certainly lost her appetite all of a sudden. She picked at it slowly and ate a little, this however did not go unnoticed by Willow.

When everyone had finished eating the meal the usual chatter commenced, Elizabeth stayed silent throughout. Then everyone was put to work getting the house ready for the following day while the masters of the house slept. While mopping the floor in the grand corridor and the men’s smoking room, Willow cornered Elizabeth.

“Ok missy tell me all – what’s wrong?”

Elizabeth put on her best false cheery smile “what do you mean Willow there’s nothing wrong” she gave a bright smile hoping willow would be convinced, obviously she wasn’t.

“Ok so that’s why you went up to Angel’s room looking like, well someone madly in love, and came back down looking like you puppy had just died. Not to mention the fact that you didn’t eat – your not sick are you? Its not cholera is it I hear the symptoms can come on really fast, you haven’t been feeling drowsy or sick or any other symptoms have you” Willow made a big show of starting to feel Elizabeth’s forehead.

“Willow!” Elizabeth giggled causing Willow to look at her and stop her actions mid ramble.
“I’m not sick” she heaved a sigh, “look if I tell you have to promise not to tell anyone” willow nodded, the anticipation of what Elizabeth was about to tell her killing her. “Angel told me he loved me”

Willow started squealing and dancing up and down, Elizabeth looked at her as though she was hyperventilating. Suddenly Willow sobered and looked hard at Elizabeth. “But”

“What?”

“You have but-face,.. you look like your going to say ‘but’”

“Ok so here’s the deal… we kissed” Willow made another little sound – that sounded to Elizabeth like a squeal. “well actually he kissed me then I kissed him” Elizabeth sighed as she remember the feels of his lips on hers.

“But then he stopped, told me he loved me and stop stopped.”

“Ohhhhhhhh did he give a reason for stopping?”

“Said I was worth more then being his mistress”

“Aww, that’s so sweet he really cares about you, ok here’s something I have to know, when angel kissed you … before he stopped… how was it?”

“Unbelievable”

“Ok so you like him and he likes you, yes?” Elizabeth nodded numbly unsure of where willow was going with this

“"Carpe diem. You told me that once."

"Fish of the day?"

"Not 'carp'! Carpe. It means seize the day."

“Right. I think I’m going to. Seize it. Once you get to a certain point, then seizing is sort of inevitable”

“Wow.”

“Yeah.”

“Wow... look you go to bed think about it, I’ll finish here”

“Are you sure Willow? Oh you’re the best” Elizabeth captured willow in a tight bear hug before bouncing down the corridor and disappearing into the servant quarters.