Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Please be gentle with this chapter! I'm sorry if the last chapter was a little harsh!!! Please all just trust me it will all be ok! And please keep reviewing... reviews make me write faster and therefore post quicker. So if you want to know whats going to happen I need you all to review!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Chapter 8: loss of innocence

Careful not to meet anyone Elizabeth slowly made her way along the servant corridors to her room. As she slipped quietly into her room she shut the door and lit a single candle on her bedside, then slumped onto the bed. Her emotions had been on a wild journey all day. That alone would have exhausted her, but add to it a full day working and Elizabeth felt ready to die. Thoughts of what had happened between her and Angel where mulling around her head, and each time she thought about it she was reminded of her conversation with Willow.

Deciding to sleep on it before making any decisions, Elizabeth slowly peeled herself off her bed. Standing up she delicately took off her shoes then rolled off her stockings. She then took off her apron and dress, hanging it carefully in the wardrobe. She then took off her linen petticoat and laid it gently on her bed. Raising her shift above her head she placed it on top of her petticoat. She then slipped on her simple white cotton nightdress covering her naked form, before the chill night air could hit her. Walking over to the single mirror in the room she took the pins out of her hair, and laid them neatly in a line on the dresser. Her hair, now free from the confines of the tight imprisoning bun, flowed gracefully over her shoulders, shimmering in the candlelight. Picking up the ebony handled brush her mother had given her before leaving home, she brushed out the day’s worth of knots from her hair. Picking up the brown wool shawl her sister had made her from the end of the bed, where she had carelessly thrown it this morning, she wrapped it tightly round her shoulders and bare arms, which had started to goose pimple. She then settled back onto the bed, she stayed on top of the sheets however having no desire to get under the covers as she knew they would provide little warmth.

Knowing sleep would not come even if she tried, Elizabeth simply sat there staring at her toes contemplating everything that had progressed this evening.

She knew Angel loved her as much as she loved him, yet despite that love could anything really ever happen? On the other hand however, would it be so terrible if she did become his mistress? He would treat her well, that she was in no doubt of, and it wouldn’t be illicit or wrong as they loved each other… so she wouldn’t be like a common prostitute. Would anyone even have to know? Sure it wasn’t an ideal situation, and not what she’d dreamt of as a little girl, but nothing was as she dreamed anymore. If no one knew then it wouldn’t tarnish anybodies honour and they could still be together. Here she was, sitting in her bare room considering giving Angel the most precious thing she had. Yet despite everything mulling round her head, all she could really concentrate on was how she loved him and wanted him.

While sat there she heard the other members of staff all heading to their own rooms, she idly wondered if any of them had faced the decision she was facing.

Mistress wasn’t that bad a word. Not really. What would it mean? Would she lose her job if people knew? Her mother may be upset until she had explained why, and then she was sure she would understand. Her sister would see it as romantic and her brother… she preferred not to think what Alex would think.

Hearing no more movement outside, Elizabeth assumed everyone had gone to bed now. Glancing at the clock she saw that it was 12.30am.

Getting up from the bed, Elizabeth made up her mind, she loved him, he loved her, mistress was just a word, it didn’t mean that much! She was going to do just what she had she’d told Willow; she was going to seize the moment.

Walking over to the door, she put her ear against the wood, to just check that no one was around. She then quietly slipped out onto the corridor. She paid no mind to the fact that she had nothing on her feet, or that she was dressed only in her nightgown.

The house was eerily quite and it made Elizabeth shiver. As she came to Angels door, her nerves suddenly kicked in. Would he be angry at her for coming back? Would he be asleep? Should she knock or just go in? Should she even be here? Deciding she had come too far to back out now she quietly knocked and then entered the room without waiting for a reply.

Angel was sat in his bed reading, he looked up when he heard his door open, there stood in the doorway was Elizabeth clad in only a thin nightdress. He faked surprise at seeing her.
“Elizabeth what are you doing here?”
“Well I’ve thought about it, a lot actually, and, well, I love you, you love me, so it’s not that wrong, not really. And no one really has to know. So I want to…if you want to that is. You’re not angry at me for coming are you…because I can go if….
“Elizabeth! Elizabeth!” Angel cut her off mid ramble and walked over to stand in front of her, she looked up to see him smiling. “I can’t stop thinking about you. Of course I’m not angry with you. I just want to know that you’re sure and that you don’t feel pressured into doing anything.”
“I love you and I just want the chance to prove that to you… so yes I am sure. I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life before”

Angel kissed her firmly on the lips, then taking her hand he turned his back to her and led her over to the bed. Facing his back she couldn’t see the smug, knowing smirk that had crossed his face. When he turned back to face her however, his face only showed love. Pulling her towards him he kissed her with ferocity and rising passion. Tentatively Elizabeth’s hands reached down for his nightshirt, this time he made no attempt to stop her. Slowly she started to raise his shirt revealing the well-defined muscles underneath. Their lips parted as his shirt was discarded but soon met again in a fierce battle. As Angel reached for the hem of her nightdress her nerves instantly kicked in. Sensing her body tense, Angel leaned down holding her more firmly to him and kissed her more solidly on the lips. When he knew she was calm again he continued getting her nightdress off. As he raised it higher she lifted her arms above her head. Removing the gown Angel threw it behind him, where it landed by the side of the bed. He then took several moments to study the girl in front of him. There she stood in all her naked glory, her bare breasts exposed, her nipples hardening in the cold night air.

Feeling his eyes on her, staring at her, Elizabeth started to feel self-conscious and went to move her hand to cover herself, but found him stopping her. Quickly kissing her again, he turned her until the back of her knees hit the edge of the bed. Slowly he led her down on the bed. Standing back up Angel removed his night trousers while Elizabeth settled herself in the centre of the bed. She never took her eyes off his face for an instance. Slowly he crawled up the bed and up her body. He gently spread her legs revealing herself fully to him. He then carefully nestled himself between her legs and positioned himself at her entrance resting his weight on his arms, she was already wet for him. Leaning down Angel kissed her solidly on the lips, breaking the kiss he looked into her eyes.

“Sure?” Elizabeth could only nod.

He started to kiss her neck, and then with one thrust he sheathed himself in her tight channels. Elizabeth cried out at the sudden pain as he tore through her barrier. Tears flowed down her cheeks; she had no idea it would feel like this.

Angel seemed not to notice the pain he had caused her. As Angel carried on thrusting the pain gave way to a new sensation. It felt like a little ball of energy was growing tighter in her stomach.

As Angel started to thrust harder Elizabeth bucked her hips to meet his thrusts. Taking this as a sign to go faster, Angel started pounding into her faster with shorter strokes, pressing her harder into the bed.

As Angel started kissing her neck again the feeling in her stomach changed, it felt like it had suddenly exploded and a feeling of calm washed over her. Crying out in pleasure Elizabeth clung to Angel raking her nails down his back.

Angel carried on thrusting into her as he felt her walls flutter around him. Seconds later he joined her in blissful release, collapsing onto her. Realising she was struggling to breath with his weight on her, he rolled off her but kept holding her sweaty body to his.

Resting her head on his chest she felt her eyes closing. As she fell asleep on him, Angel moved her damp hair off her neck. Watching her sleep a smug, almost evil smile settled on his face. She was so predictable; tomorrow was going to be fun!

TBC.....

A/N: Like I said please don't hate me... the more you review the faster you'll get the next chapter!