Okay, I know you guys want to see Buffy, but we are gonna have some flashbacks first.

***

Saturday morning, Spike woke up and went down to the kitchen. He made breakfast for his family. While he was cooking, he heard the pitter-patter of feet. Emma and James appeared.

“Good morning.” They said in unison.

“Good morning to you too.” Spike picked up this kids and sat them on the stools. “I made your favorite breakfast!” He handed them a plate of chocolate-chip pancakes and a glass of milk.

“Thank you, Daddy.” Emma said. James just dug into his food.

“Your welcome. Hey! Slow down there, Speedy Gonzales!” He ruffled James hair and Emma giggled at her brother.

***

When the three of them finished eating James and Emma went up to their rooms while Spike cleaned up.

“I don’t want to go anywhere today.” Emma said.

“Why? Daddy takes us anywhere we want on Saturday!”

“I want to stay home. Daddy can tell stories about Mommy.” Emma picked up Mr. Gordo. The pig belonged to her mother but Spike gave it to her as a birthday gift.

“You sure?” James questioned. Emma nodded.

“Then lets go tell him.”

***

Spike saw his kids run down the stair still in their pajamas. “Why aren’t you dressed? It Saturday, we go anywhere you want.”

“We don’t want to go anywhere.” James told his father.

“We want to stay home and listen to stories about mommy.” Emma went over to the couch and sat down.

“You really want to do that?” Spike was worried.

“Yeah!” they all sat down on the couch.

“Okay then. Um, how about the time, mommy and daddy first got together.

1998, Sunnydale University

Spike was fidgeting in his seat. He took the drama course for one reason. Her. Buffy Summers walked into the class. Her honey gold hair was in a bun but tendrils framed her face. Dressed in tight blue jeans and a small novelty t-shirt that read ‘Blonde Bombshell’. She took a seat in the front. Spike sighed at the sight of her. He had a crush on Buffy since he moved to Sunnydale last year. During his senior year he was her friend but never had the courage to confront her about his feelings. Now that they were in college, things would be different.

“Attention class! I want to start off with attendance.” The teacher went down the roll call.

“William Bradford!” Buffy’s head shot up when she heard that name.

“Here!” Buffy followed the British voice and saw him, William a.k.a Spike. His bleach-blonde was ruffled and going in every direction. He wore his usual black jeans, t-shirt, and duster. Buffy bit her lip as she looked at him. Spike was a total hottie in high school and still was. She had a crush on him since senior year of high school but she had a boyfriend. Maybe now that she broke up with her boyfriend during the summer, she would have a chance.

When attendance was done, the teacher addressed the class on the play they were doing this year. “Romeo and Juliet. The epic romance of two lovers. Only problem is, is that their families hate each other. This is one of the best plays ever written and this year, you will perform it. We will start with additions. Anybody willing to play Romeo?”

Of the boys raising their hand, Spike was one of them. Buffy saw him raising his hand. ‘Maybe I could get Juliet.’

“Good, any Juliet’s?” Buffy raised her hand and Spike smiled.

“I am handing out the scripts. Additions are at 4 o’clock in the auditorium.”

***

“And our last additions for Romeo and Juliet, William Bradford and Buffy Summers.” The director called out.

“Hey Buffy.” Spike said.

“Hi, uh we are doing the balcony scene right?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah, you ready?”

She nodded and they started the scene.

“But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, It is my lady, oh, it is my love! O, that she knew she were!” Spike got down on his knees.

“Ay me!” Buffy said from the lifted section of stage.

“She speaks, Oh speak again, bright angel!” Spike stood up.

“Romeo, Oh Romeo where for art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse they name; or if thou wilt not be sworn my love, and I’ll no longer be a Capulet.”

“Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

“Art thou not Romeo and a Montague?” Buffy turned her back from Spike.

“Neither, fair maid, if either thee dislike.”

“How came thou hither, tell me and where for? The garden walls are high and hard to climb, and the place death, considering who thou art, if any of my kinsmen find thee here.”

“With love’s light wings did I perch these walls; for stony limits cannot hold out and what love can do that dare love attempt. Therefore thy kinsmen are no let to me.” Spike jumped up to Buffy’s raised stage so they were face to face.

“If they do see thee, they will murder thee.”

“I have the night’s cloak to hide me from their eyes, and but thou love me, let them find me here. My life were better ended by their hate, than death prorogued wanting of thy love.” Spike inched closer to Buffy’s face. He was about to kiss her but an uproar of applause made him jump.

They stopped the scene and saw a standing ovation from the audience. “LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE FOUND OUR ROMEO AND JULIET!” the director screamed. Buffy and Spike smiled at each other.

***

Spike volunteered to walk Buffy to her dorm. While walking, Spike decided to make his move. “Buffy, can I tell you something.”

“Sure Spike.”

“Well, ever since the first time I saw you, I’ve had a crush on you.” Spike blushed.

“Really?” Buffy was jumping up and down inside.

“Yeah. I never had the courage to tell you. I felt like a real poofster.”

“I had a boyfriend, you know.”

“Oh, yeah. What’s his name?”

“Riley, but don’t worry. I broke up with him.”

“Really?”

“Yup, he was a real jerk. You should have seen him; he was on his knees begging for me not to leave.”

Spike laughed. “What a git! What did he do?”

“He cheated on me. Luckily I didn’t love him. But I’m glad I dumped him because during senior year, I had a crush on you too.”

“Wow. You did?” Spike was filled with joy.

“Yeah, I still do.” Buffy took Spike’s hand. “I really like you, Spike.”

“I like you too.” Spike smiled.

When they reached Buffy’s dorm Spike laced their hands together. “Buffy, would it be okay if I kissed you?”

She nodded. When their lips met, they both felt a jolt. The kiss was gentle. Spike put his arms around her waist and she put her arms around his neck. They had to break the kiss because they needed air.

“Can I take you on a date tomorrow?” Spike asked suddenly.

“I would love that.”

“I’ll pick you up at 8 sharp.” Spike bent down for one last kiss.

“Good night William.”

“Good night Buffy.”

***

Buffy walked into her dorm and jumped on her bed.

“Why are you so giddy, Buffy?” Her roommate Willow asked.

“I’m in love!”

***

Spike ran into his dorm and started jumping up and down. He turned on his CD player to max volume and started dancing and singing. His roommate, Xander, screamed over the music, “SPIKE, WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH YOU?”

“I’M IN LOVE!”

***


“Daddy?”

“Yes.”

“You were crazy.” Emma laughed.

“He probably looked like a monkey jumping up and down!” James teased.

“Well that’s your mother’s fault. She drove me crazy and I still love her.”

***

I hoped everyone liked this chapter. The next two chapters have flashbacks and then we learn who took Buffy. Suspense I know. Hehehe…