Chapter 6

Three days later

They decided to buy the cottage, and their offer was accepted, and Spike said he’d pay for the property straight out, he didn’t want a mortgage – he wanted everything as cut and dried as it could be before they went back to America.

It was Thursday morning and they were at the cottage…………………

“Well, actually it’s not as bad as you think!” The lady thatcher said, standing on the path surveying the roof.

“Really?”

“I’ve looked at the inside, it’s perfectly sound, it’s the outside top layer. It’s been got at by a few squirrels and there’s a birds nest, but you only need to lop a few big branches off that horse chestnut tree…then if I top dress it with long and short, and put criss-crossed willow bands on it, it’ll be fine”

“I see!” Spike said, having to trust the lady.

“So, how much?”

“Well…I’m apprenticing my 16 year old son at the moment, so if you didn’t mind the job taking a couple of weeks longer, I’ll only charge you for how long it would normally take me”

“Go on”

“£9,000.”

“And it’s fire proof?”

“Guaranteed, fireproof, rainproof, even high wind proof, as is all my work – I give you a 25 year guarantee”

“Well then, when can you start?!” Spike said offering his hand to shake on the deal.

The woman said she could start the job in a month’s time and Spike wrote her out a cheque for materials.

He came into the cottage and Buffy was using her mobile phone.

“Yes, it’s Honeysuckle cottage, Upper Nether- hello – hello? Damn!”

Buffy frowned at the handset and snapped it shut.

“What’s up?”

“That’s twice now! As soon as I say where we are, they hang up on me!”

“What – don’t be silly – it’s probably a bad connection round here – could be that big horse chestnut tree outside, I was just talking to the Jean, and she said to get it cut back, lop a few of the branches to stop the squirrels getting-“

“Who?”

“Jean – that woman that’s going to do the thatching for us”

“Oh. No I don’t think it’s that, it was a definite cut off, like they hung up on me”

“Want me to have a go – where are the children by the way?”

“Outside, they followed that cat out – god alone knows how it gets in, all I can see is that tiny broken window in the kitchen, and there’s no way it could get through there, it must weigh three stone at least!”

“Hmm…do you think it’s wise they should be out there, it’s very overgrown, and we don’t where the well is yet” Spike said

“Oh, I forgot about that, I’ll go call them”

Buffy went to the kitchen door and opened it and called Billy and Izzie

After about ten seconds, she was just going to go out and call them again, when they emerged holding hands, their mouths stained purple from berry juice.

“Oh god, oh my god – what have you been eating – SPIKE – SPIKE!” Buffy shouted, grabbing the two children to her

Spike dashed to the backdoor and flung it open, he had a very worried look about him at first, until he saw the two children

“What is it?”

“Well look!” Buffy thrust both of them at him!

“They could have eaten something poisonous – oh god – come and show me what you’ve eaten!” Buffy was still panicked and Izzie started to cry. Spike came out and picked her up

“Buffy, calm down, I’m sure that-“

“It’s okay mommy, daddy – we haven’t eaten anything poisonous, Hepsibar said they were nice, and she was eating them too – she washed them in the stream first”

“Hepsibar – who’s Hepsibar?” Both Buffy and Spike looked at Billy.

“She was in the garden collecting………” Billy narrowed his eyes in thought and then said,

“Feverfew for headaches, and marshmallow for a soothing skin lotion”

“Billy, what have we told you about talking to strangers?” Buffy asked

“Oh, she isn’t a stranger – well I suppose she is, but I knew she’d be alright” Billy said.

“You don’t know that!” Buffy said firmly, to which Billy looked his mother straight in the eye and said,

“But I DO, mommy. And she said they were loganberries, and they were yummy”

Buffy looked at Spike, who tousled his son’s head.

“Tell you what, how about mommy driving down to the village to get us some lunch, hmm? And then later we can go get ice cream, what do you say?”

“But-“ Buffy began, but Spike just smiled at her and she relaxed and nodded

“You two go with mommy while I make some calls”

Billy and Izzie ran to the car

“I’ll have a quick scout round out the back, see if I can see this – what’s-her-name is” Spike said quietly to Buffy. She nodded and took the car keys out of her pocket.

As soon as she’d gone, Spike went out the back door. He had a good look around, found the ancient well under a veritable forest of creeping ivy, and noticed that there was a stream – little more than a brook really running at the bottom of the garden.

He was just turning to back in the house, when he heard a woman’s voice say,

‘Pick two, leave three, come again another day’

He crept over to where the voice came from and stood behind some very tall cowslips, he parted them and blinked – to be confronted by a rather large posterior!

“Excuse me!”

“OOH!”

The woman jumped and turned – and what a sight she was too!

She was a large lady, with a ruddy cheeks and a shock of white frizzy hair, which she tried (but didn’t succeed very well) to keep under control with a multi-coloured knitted beret type hat. She wore an ancient coat tied with string, and what looked like big hobnailed boots

“Oh! Gave Hepsibar a right start you did! That what you do is it? Creep up on folk!”

“Um sorry to scare you, but I have to point out, this is MY garden – least, it will be when I get round to sorting it out – so, you’re Hepsibar then!”

“And by sorting it out Hepsibar supposes you mean cutting everything down, putting in a lawn, and an herbaceous border” She sighed

Spike noticed she had a basket with her, half filled with various bunches of what looked to him like weeds.

“Well, yes, I suppose”

She sighed again and said,

“Well at least tell me Hepsibar can still have some well water”

“Um…well – I um – it needs to be covered, we have children you see and- “

“Young William and Elizabeth – beautiful children, just beautiful. And precious”

“Um, yes”

“They would come to no harm. There’s something special about your boy”

Spike stood straight and looked at her

“And there’s more to you than meets the eye too” She fixed him with her dancing almost violet coloured eyes

Spike didn’t know what to say about this.

“Well, can Hepsibar?”

“Sorry, can you what?”

“Still have the well water – Hepsibar means, strictly speaking, water is water, and could just take, but old Hepsibar is nothing but got her manners”

Spike found it odd that she spoke in the first person singular.

“We’ll come to an arrangement. If we cover the well, we’ll give you a key or something”

“Good – knew you weren’t all bad!”

“I’m sorry?”

“Nothing…so now, got to find another place to get my herbs and medicines then”

“Medicines?”

“These, look around you” she spread her arm out

“Nature’s Pharmacy – never mind all your take a pill for this and that, poison, that’s what they are, chemical poison. Nature provides all the cures for what ail’s ‘e!”

“Um, well you’re quite welcome to come and take what you want – while it’s still here of course!”

“Think on how many homes you’d be a destroyin’!”

“What – what homes – I don’t”

“See there, yonder, by that wooden bucket – hedgehogs – whole family of ‘em. And there, under the pump handle – seen leverets, baby hares, getting more and more rare these days with all this intensive farmin’.

“Swallows in the eaves, squirrels and not to mention the butterflies and bees – like honey do ‘e? Spread it on your toast in the mornin’ do ‘e? Bee’s make honey they do!”

“I know that! – Look…we’ll probably leave this bottom part as wild flowers, sort of like a meadow, will that suit you?”

“And if you promise not to use chemicals on your garden…Hepsibar can help ‘e if ‘e wants to get rid of black fly or the like”

“Okay, I prom- oh, that’s Buffy back with the children – BUFFY………BUFFY, Come and meet Hep-oh!” Spike turned to speak to the eccentric old woman, but it was if she’d vanished into thin air. Not even the weeds stirred. He peered round, but she was gone. He frowned and thought it strange.

“Sorry, what?” Buffy called from the back door

“Nothing, it’s okay” Spike made his way carefully up the path

“Come and get your Cornish pasty while it’s hot!” Buffy called

“Coming” Spike went inside.

“Did you manage to get hold of an electrician?” Buffy handed Spike a paper bag with a hot Cornish pasty in.

“Um, actually, no – I went into the garden”

“She likes you really dad, she knows you’re not bad and that you won’t destroy all the wild animals homes” Billy piped up, between mouthfuls of pasty

Buffy and Spike both gave their child a puzzled look but said nothing, and Spike mouthed ‘I’ll tell you later’ to Buffy.

**************


Back at the seaside hotel, Buffy and Spike were in bed, the children asleep.

“Yes, okay, but how did Billy know – he was with me in the village, he couldn’t possibly have heard your conversation with this Hepsibar – so how did he know about the wild animals and stuff?”

“Well, we’ll just have to put it down to one of his special powers I suppose” Spike said, and then frowned as he glanced at Buffy, who was biting her bottom lip.

“What’s up babe?” Spike put his book down and rolled on his side to cuddle her up.

“Just worried I guess…I mean why should this special talent of his be manifesting itself now – do you think there’s a reason?”

“A reason?”

“You know! I mean when he was a baby – that levitation thing he could do. How we didn’t know how Mr Gordo kept getting into his cot – and although we don’t know for sure, but he must have had something to do with you being up on that altar for that Amun Rah thing…I haven’t seen him do that since –in fact, I haven’t seen him do anything really since that”

“And what, you think something’s going to happen because he’s showing us another special power?”

“Oh god don’t say that – he wasn’t exactly enthusiastic about the cottage, was he?”

“He was fine – he said – what did he say now…oh yes, he said, oh…”

“He said it would be an adventure” Buffy said a little flatly, and snuggled into Spike’s embrace.

“Well – whatever, we’ll cope – that’s if there is anything – which I don’t think there will be”

“You don’t?”

“Forget it…now…stop worrying!” He kissed her lightly on the forehead, and Buffy moved so he could kiss her properly and suddenly she slid down out of his grasp.

Taking his huge hard length in her small hand, Buffy guided the bulbous tip to her soft pink lips, she flicked her tongue out and lapped at the pre-cum at the leaking slit.

Swirling her tongue around the turgid flesh, gently squeezing and fondling his balls in their heavy sac, she formed her lips into the perfect tight little ‘O’ shape, and slowly slid them over the head of his penis.
S
pike closed his rolling eyes, and gasped out, holding her head, his legs shaky.

Buffy went to kneel between Spike’s thigh’s, but he grabbed her hips and turned her around, so that her soft golden thighs were by his head, and the soft scrub of her dark curls were by his mouth.

Spike lapped out his tongue to taste her sweet nectar, and loved the deep throaty groan of pleasure that she emitted from the back of her throat, the same throat that pressed the glans of him as she greedily sucked him down while pumping him with the other hand.

Gently holding her nether lips open with his finger and thumb, he sort his prize and found it, began to flick at her hypersensitive clit, circling and swiping with his tongue, before plunging in deep to lap at her sweetness.

Buffy groaned and writhed, she made her own movements firmer and faster, then she stopped to cry out she tried to keep quiet, quickly Spike turned her around and was between her satiny soft golden thighs.

Buffy reached down and slipped him inside her, arched her back as he slid up and up, deep into the core of her need.

Spike would never ever tire of this, he thought, he felt reborn every time, her sweet tight hot depths were perfect for him.

He knew he wouldn’t last too long, her hot little mouth had put paid to any longevity in this coupling, he could feel the blissful tension mount, his breath became shallow and ragged, he whispered her name over and over like a mantra, Buffy in turn scratched his back, clutched at him, begged him harder and faster.


“S—S-S-Spike – oh my god, oh, I love you, Spike, please, now, now, come with me, my baby, my sweet baby, yes oh yes, OOOOHHHHH YESSSS!”

He felt the definite involuntary clench of her orgasm, and that was it, it tripped him over, he thrust up as hard and fast as he could, she felt him swell and his balls tighten, he was babbling incoherently, so good, so good, …she then felt the whiplash of his creamy torrent as he flooded her hot depths, sating her.

Spike rested for a moment. He lifted his head from her collarbone, and kissed her.

“Love you baby, lets sleep now”

Buffy mumbled ‘love you’ back, and was asleep in a trice.