Buffy swung her tiny hand right into his face.

“Bloody hell”he roared in pain as blood dripped between his fingers as he clutched his face.

“You almost broke my nose.”

“And you broke my heart, were not even close to even.”she said and fled his room, going to hers instead.



(The next morning)

“So then I punched him in his face and I avoided him today. I just don’t know what to say to him right now.” Buffy said to Willow. She’d stayed true to her promise to go to the mall and now the two girls were sipping coffee’s in the food court.

The red head looked at her friend with compassion. “Honestly Buffy, I think he’s falling for you and cant handle it. Probably something that happened t him in his past….”

Willow trailed off when she saw the look on Buffy’s face. “Okay so I know something bad happened to him but I don’t know what. I know you didn’t tell me for a reason so I’ll let it go at that. But if something did happen to him and you know what it is can you figure out why he’s trying to push you away?”

Buffy nodded, she was so lucky to have a friend like Willow that understood when she couldn’t tell her something. “He’s scared to turn out like someone…..he’s related to.”she carefully phrased.

“Well from the sound of it this relative must be pretty awful. I wouldn’t take it too personally Buffy, just give him time to work over his issues.”

“Well that’s not fair. I didn’t hold back just cause I was scared.”

“Ya well we all know that woman are the braver of the two sexes.” Willow laughed and Buffy couldn’t help but join her.

“You’re right, I think I’ll apologise tonight. Ask him how he feels and if it’s the same way I do then I’ll tell him I’ll wait till he’s ready.”

Willow nodded in agreement. She was ecstatic to see that circumstances hadn’t ruined her friends spark for life.






“Well that’s the last of it.” Spike said giving a look to Xander. Thanx for helping mate.”

“No problem, are you sure you want to do this? It’s gonna hurt Buffy a lot.”

Spike had told Xander everything (except about who his father really was, he’d skimmed over that part telling him only he was afraid to end up like someone he was related too.)

“It’s for the best.”

“That’s what you think, what about what she thinks?” They sat on his bed.

“She’s too confused to know what she really wants.”

“Maybe she FINALLY knows what she really wants.” Xan said softly.

“I’m not willing to stay here for ‘maybe’s’ mate.”

Spike got up and picked up his duffel bag. “Care to drive me to the airport now?”

“No problem man, just make sure you come back.”

“Swear to god.” Spike took one last look at his room, he’d leave the rest of his things here so he wouldn’t have too much to bring back from home. He’d left Buffy a note on her bed and one for Joyce on the kitchen table.


He locked the door behind him and he left, just missing a phone call……the machine beeped with a message.




Buffy came home with Willow and went straight to the phone when she saw the flashing light.

“This is a message for Buffy Summers, I’m afaraid Joyce Summers has been in an accident. She didn’t make it…..”

Buffy collapsed on the floor in tears with Willow, her heart drenched in sorrow.


(Sorry for the people who like Joyce but I never did, plus the whole having a parental unit around in a fic when you want crazy Spuffy sex and crazy Spuffy fights is hard to work around, well not hard but I don’t have the patience lol…sorry! Let me know what you thought……i'll try to post again tonight!