For those of who have have terrified me into getting rid of Riley fast (lol), it'll happen in the next chap which i'll try to post tonight. Review and let me know. For those who have left reviews for the last chapters thanx so much. I loved em'!


Buffy woke up and stretched and her stomach brushed against something hard….very hard. Her eyes bulged and she remembered where she was.

“Sorry about that Buffy.”

She could only nod her head at him. She noticed that he was still using her name instead of one of the nicknames she loved so much.

“Spike, about last night…”

“Nothing to say, last night is over and it’s a new day. We better get ready for school.”

“But there is a lot to say. I mean….”

“Not right now Buffy, I need to get ready.”

“Later then?”

“Maybe.”

Buffy decided that maybe was good enough and walked upstairs to dress for school.


Spike went to his drawers and pulled out some clothes. He felt bad about being so curt with Buffy and decided that he would definitely talk to her later tonight, after he took care of something.



Buffy walked in the door and went straight to her couch to sleep. It had been a rough day and she just wanted sleep. She opened her eyes at 8:30, looked for Spike and sighed. ‘I guess he didn’t want to talk yet.’ She got her coat and decided to go see her mom.



“Hello Joyce, I hope you like your flowers. I didn’t know what else to get so I hope these’ll do.” Spike was kneeling in front of her grave. “I miss you and I wish we’d have had the chance to get to know each other better. You make a great cup of hot chocolate.” He said with a smile. He didn’t notice Buffy watching him.

“Me and Buffy had a falling out but I’m sure we’ll work things out. She makes her mistakes Joyce, but who doesn’t? You did a great job. Say Hi to my da’ for me, I’ll talk to you soon.”

He stood and turned, seeing Buffy for the first time. She walked up to him and gave him a hard hug.

“Thank you for that.”she pointed to the arrangement of lilies.

He didn’t say anything.

“They where her favorite.” Buffy added.

Spike waited for her as she spoke to her mom. They walked away side by side when she was done, each waiting for the other to break the silence.

Buffy went first.

“Do you think they’re friends?”

“Who?”he asked.

“Our parents.”

“Oh” Spike realised she was referring to Joyce and Rupert. “I don’t see why not pet, they’re probably watching over us.”

Buffy smiled at that thought and reached for his hand without realising it. He took it naturally, not realising either.

“So how are you and Captain Cardboard?”he asked and dropped her hand when he noticed he was holding it.

Buffy sighed . “I don’t know, I’d say he’s fine but mentally….not so sure.”

This earned a laugh from Spike. “So why are you with him?”

“To try to hide the fact that someone rejected me and I was hurt so I wanted to make him jealous.”

“I see.” Spike lit up a smoke. “And hows that working for you?”

“Not so good.”she admitted. “I think I hurt him more than he could ever forgive me for.”

“Maybe you did.”

Buffy held back tears. She knew he understood the conversation was about him and he had just told her there was still no chance.

“But maybe you didn’t.” he reached for her hand again.

Or was there?