“Hey Buffy.” Riley called as she headed to the caf with Willow and Xan, would they ever stop being so adorable? “Hey guys.” He added and nodded to her friends.

They both said hello but Xan rolled his eyes when he did which earned him an elbow to his side from the little redhead.

“Ouch, well be inside k buff?”

“Sure, I’ll be in soon.”

She watched her friends walk inside and followed Riley into the lunch line.

“So we on for tonight Buffy?”

“Actually Riley we need to talk.”

“Oh? About what?”

“Well I cant see you anymore, I’m sorry if I hurt you.”

Riley looked at her and laughed loudly. They officially had everyones attention now.

“Hurt me? Please.”he snorted. Buffy shrugged and turned to walk away but he grabbed her arm.

“Not so fast miss high and mighty, I have more to say.”

She stopped and turned around, annoyed. “Get on with it please.”

“The only reason I dated you was because a friend of mine told me you dated his friend Angel and that you put out easy. Why else would I want to be with you?”he sneered.

Buffy’s heart snapped but at the same time so did her calm.

“Look Riley.”she yelled. “Just because I’m not as easy as the farm animals you seem to love so much doesn’t give you the right to say things like that.”

The whole caf yelled in laughter and Riley turned beat red.

“You’re just a snobby whore….”

His sentence was cut short when Spike walked up behind Buffy.

“If you want to pick on someone…”Spike was cut short as well when Buffy’s fist smashed Riley in the face. He went down hard. After a few seconds everyone realised she had knocked him out and they cheered her for it.

“Quess you didn’t need my help?”Spike teased.

“Nope.”she beamed, “but it is appreciated.”

Spike looked at the tiny blond, she’d changed so much so quickly. Once too afraid to leave a man who raped and abused her, she’d turned into someone who wouldn’t even let a guy run his mouth at her. He was proud.

“Mind if I join you for lunch?”

“Of course not.”she smiled and he put his hand on the small of her back and led her to their friends table.


“Way to go Buff.”Xan cheered and Willow smiled, giving her a thumbs up.

“That farm animal comment was priceless.”Willow gushed.

Spike snorted. He had heard that too.

“So since we all seem to be friends again would you too wanna double to the bronze with me and Willow this Friday?” Xan asked.

“Um actually Spike doesn’t like me like tha—“

“We would love too.”Spike cut her off and gave her hand a squeeze before looking at her and mouthing, “friends can do things together”.

Buffy felt her heart soar, she was his friend again, and she’d never felt so good.



Let me know.....